Page 91 of 183 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141 ... LastLast

Thread: MAESTRO ILAIYARAAJA NEWS & TITBITS VER.2010-2011

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    இப்போல்லாம் மாசக்கணக்கா - சில கேஸ்களில் வருஷக்கணக்கா - நிக்க வேண்டி இருக்கு ... இல்ல இல்ல, லண்டன், மொரீஷியஸ், ஆஸ்திரேலியா-ன்னு கூட்டிட்டு போக வேண்டி இருக்கு. (எல்லாம் கழிஞ்சிட்டும்
    சில வாரங்களுக்கு மேல் சிலாகிக்கிற மாதிரி ஒன்னும் கெடக்கறதில்லை)
    App, Yes. But the point I wanted to make is they were in queue just because Raja was already engaged in music composing for other films/directors, and not just because of any other non-musical reasons. So the appointment was first-come-first-served basis.
    I think you got it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    V_S,
    Yes, yes, I got the point about his being extremely busy.

I just added that despite that the output was phenomenal and the wait time was nothing compared to what happens with later-day MDs

In the SPB-IR thread, today posted about nenjaththaikkiLLathE, the movie that got released in the same year - 1980 - in which Johny (see, the same director), kallukkuL eeram, nizhalgaL, moodupani, Guru, ullAsappaRavaikaL, murattukkALai and some more came out!

Ask any current MD to do even 10% of that kind of numbers in one year (most can't do in their whole career)!

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    However, from any longterm IR-admirer point of view, he was the king in trend setting in the whole country in his earlier days. He was regarded as someone "way ahead of his time". For e.g. R D Burman (and not some novice fan) reportedly remarked on kOzhi koovuthu that Raja has done something "10 years ahead" of others.
    I took Shankar's 'dated' comment in that sense and agree. Sad but true, IR isn't the trend setter (in songs) anymore.
    True. RDB himself was a great admirer of raja and for an interview he gave for a daily,in 1993,when raja was at the zenith of his career,he said that "the only composer in front of whom he felt inferior was raja". As you rightly said, raja was way ahead of his time and was an inspiration for any composers during those period.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar View Post
    ஷங்கர், ஒரு மனிதன், 900 படங்கள் முடித்துவிட்டு, 5000 பாடல்களை இசையமைத்துவிட்டு, புதிதாக வரும் ஒரு படத்திற்கு, புதிதாகவும் ட்ரெண்ட்-புதுமையாகவும், இதுவரை இசையமைத்த தன்னுடைய, அல்லது மற்ற இசையின் சாயல்கள் இல்லாது, முற்ரிலும் புதிதாக ஒரு மெட்டு போடவெஏன்டுமெனில், அதே இடத்தில் இருக்கும் மற்ற இசையமைப்பாளர்கள் ஓட்டமெடுத்து ஓடி விடுவார்கள்! ஆனால் ராஜா சும்மா சஸ்டைன் பண்ணாமல், எவ்வளவோ மடங்கு பரவாயில்லை என்கிற அளவுக்கு புதிய ட்யூஙள் தருகிறார். ராஜாவின் சமீப இசை பிடிக்கும் பிடிக்கலை என்பதெல்லாம் வேரு விஷயம், ஆனால், அழகர்சாமியின் குதிரை எல்லாம் அவருடைய தொள்ளாயிரத்துச் சொச்ச படம் என்பதை நாம் எண்ணிப்பார்க்காமல் இன்றும் அவர் சூப்பர்ஹிட் பாடல்களை தரவேண்டுமென, ரிடையராகிர வயசிலும், எதிர்பார்க்கிரோமென்ரால், நம்முடைய இசை அறிவு, அல்லது ராஜாவின் திறமை அளவு பற்றின நம்முடைய புரிதல் அளாவு, எவ்வளவு கீழே உள்ளதென புரிந்துகொள்ளவும்.

அதாவது, இதுவரை(சென்ற நூற்றாண்டில்) ராஜா செய்த சாதனையின் மேக்னிட்யூட் நமக்குப்புரிந்துவிட்டால், அழகர்சாமியின் இசை கேட்டுவிட்டு, இப்பெல்லாம் ராஜா இசை முன்புபோல இல்லல்ல?!? என்ற அடிமுட்டாள்தனமான கேள்வியை கேட்கமாட்டோம்தானே? நான் வெரைட்டி,கற்பனைத்திறன் பற்றி மட்டுமே பேசுகிறேன்

அதே சமயம் வருடத்திற்கு ரெண்டே படம் தந்துவிட்டு பெயரை ரீடெயின் செய்யும் தற்கால இசையமைப்பாளர்களை தூக்கி நிறுத்துகிரோம்.

தொழில் தர்மம் பற்றியெல்லாம் கம்பேர் செய்கிரீர்கள், நான் இன்றும் யார் ஹிட்ஸ் தருகிரார்கள், யாருக்கு சம்பளம் அதிகம், யாருக்கு மார்கெட் இன்றும் இருக்கிறது, இதுவரை யார் அதிக வெற்றி தந்திருக்கிறார்கள் என்பது பற்றியெல்லாம் பேசவே இல்லை. செய்யும் தொழிலில் தன்னளவிலான திறமை யாருக்கு அதிகம் என்றுதான் கேட்டேன். தனிமனித மூளைத்திறமை என்று வந்தால், கற்பனைத்திறன், செயல்வேகம், வெற்றிகளின் எண்ணிக்கை, வெளியிட்ட படைப்புகளிலுள்ள விஷயஞானத்தின் அளவு இவையெல்லாம் வைத்துப்பார்த்தால் நிச்சயம் ராஜா தான் முதலிடம், கமலுக்கு இரண்டாமிடம் தான், அதே சமயம், மூன்றிலிருந்து பத்தாம் இடம் வரை காலி தான்.
    SKV,

>>>>>
    ஆனால் ராஜா சும்மா சஸ்டைன் பண்ணாமல், எவ்வளவோ மடங்கு பரவாயில்லை என்கிற அளவுக்கு புதிய ட்யூஙள் தருகிறார்.
    <<<<<
    Will someone retain tendulkar in the indian cricket team if he doesn't deliver, and bask in the past glory? "evLo madangu paravayillai" doesn't suit a once-in-a-century person like Raja. "10 hits kuduthAchu...seri 4 flop thandhA thappillai" isn't the standard Raja set us up for. He kept delivering hits after hits till 90s. Let's admit that he got bored or no story was inspiring enough for him to raise the bar, and challenge himself or God forbid - he just lost it!

I personally thought ASK's score was very nice. Same with pazhassi (hence my last claim above doesn't stand good)...What I don't know is: why should accept some un-inspiring movies, and provide mediocre music. If age and 5k songs are slowing him down, let him accept it, and provide those gems which are worth remembering. Who cares about the number of movies he scores for?? I, for one, will be happy if he gives one song a year, and that's an "adhi ushas..." rather than 15 velu prabakaran movies.

Digression:
    When I meant thozhil-dharman what I meant is: When you speak so much about quality, world class movie etc, and then go and make a manmadhan sombu that too with a KSR, and DSP, it's hypocrisy. What WC are we talking about?? How long has it been since kamal made a sensible movie?? Why should he do all those stupid coin-tossing act like Vijay, when he can make another Virumandi.

Kamal will talk a whole lot about Raja...and then ask DSP to compose and sing a number where the vocals remind me of a constipated owl's cry.

I heard good things about a movie called AraNya kANdam, and I believe jackie shroff is acting in it...I heard it's an aged gangster's role...Why can't Kamal make movies like those?? He still wants to run around trees with Trisha.
    shankar posts...

Post Thanks / Like
    A genius like kamal doesn't have much time...he's getting older by the day, and we can see it. Now, instead of consolidating his portfolio with more Virumandis and anbE sivams, he's making "viswaroopam"s and "dasavatharam"s...I had this unfortunate chance of watching Virumandi and dasa on the same day, in that order...the only way for Kamal to redeem himself is to kick those yes-men (KSR, crazy, Ramesh arvind, DSP...in that order) out, and collaborate with some serious movie makers.
    shankar posts...

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    idhaiyellAm thEvaiyAna aLavukku alasiyAchu Shankar (in Tamil Films Section in Aandavar thread). oNNu paNNunga nInga - andha threadukku vAnga. Anban kitta archanai vAngikkalAm

Post Thanks / Like
    Shri Rama Rajyam is set for release in Sept..
    http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/t...cle/67532.html
    Check out the promo..SPB in full form for Maestro

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by genesis View Post
    இளையராஜாவையும் கமலையும் ஒப்பிடுவது, பாரதியாரையும் mkt-யையும் ஒப்பிடுவது போன்றது. 50 வருடங்கள் கழிந்து கமல் பெரும்பாலும் மறக்கப்படுவர். பாரதியாரும் இளையராஜாவும் மக்கள் நினைவில் நிற்பார்கள்.
    The adulation poured on MKT is no less than what Ilaiyaraaja got in his time. If MKT can be forgotten, who can tell what time has in store for Ilaiyaraaja. Amongst those who were born in the 90s, it is not easy to find too many Ilaiyaraaja fans. Yes, they like his songs. But ask them about their favorite MD, Ilaiyaraaja will not be the name that comes out on top. Sad, but true.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    par,

If you do some research on the 80s born generation, you will find that lot of people started by liking Rahman and have slowly become Raja fans. (Not that they hate other music but they have started loving Raja.) Yes, the current generation likes MDs like Harris and Yuvan, not to mention Rahman. But as they grow and their musical sensibilities grow, they have no choice but to come towards Raja. For no music director in India has done as much musically as Raja has done. And I say this as someone who loves a lot and lot of music directors. Though I know predicting the future is risky business but 10 yrs from now, the 90s generation will worship Raja. His music guarantees his immortality. Of that I have no doubt.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber genesis's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by par View Post
    The adulation poured on MKT is no less than what Ilaiyaraaja got in his time. If MKT can be forgotten, who can tell what time has in store for Ilaiyaraaja. Amongst those who were born in the 90s, it is not easy to find too many Ilaiyaraaja fans. Yes, they like his songs. But ask them about their favorite MD, Ilaiyaraaja will not be the name that comes out on top. Sad, but true.
    Nadiya and Kushbu were more popular in TN than IR and Kamal at certain points in their career. I place MKT in that category.