Page 3 of 183 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: MAESTRO ILAIYARAAJA NEWS & TITBITS VER.2010-2011

Senior Member Senior Hubber raagas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AravindMano
    Shaji N Karun on his film with Raja

"Music is an integral part of the film, and Ilayaraja is going to score the music. We are planning an operatic form of music and will record it in Vienna. We will start shooting only after the music is ready as music is like a character in the film. There is a conflict between the real and the unreal in the film," says Shaji.
    So Ilayaraja will be actually saying "Mozart I Love You", in Vienna
    Just 7 notes behold a beauty of life...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raagas

"Music is an integral part of the film, and Ilayaraja is going to score the music. We are planning an operatic form of music and will record it in Vienna. We will start shooting only after the music is ready as music is like a character in the film. There is a conflict between the real and the unreal in the film," says Shaji.
    So Ilayaraja will be actually saying "Mozart I Love You", in Vienna
    "Shaji will be off to Ladakh to shoot his next film in Hindi. The film is based on noted Malayalam short story writer T Padmanabhan's story Kadal (Sea) but the film is titled Gaadha (Legend). It is the story of a Keralite who marries a woman who has not seen the sea.

The film will star Mohanlal in the lead. When Shaji N Karun and Mohanlal came together in Vaanaprastham, it was sheer magic. This time also, we expect an extraordinary film from them. "

Really glad to know the the music will be operatic kind and will be recorded in Vienna.

The movie is being made in Hindi?? I dont really understand how the storyline and Mohanlal as hero (in Hindi) will be of good reach to North Indian audience.

thanks,

Krishnan

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you can understand Telugu, here is a nice interview with director Vamsi, who was one Raja's favourites. Also gives some insight into Raja's personality.

Senior Member Senior Hubber complicateur's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Suresh,
    The concerts are quite open to the public but space is limited and the person needs to look presentable I guess. He gets very finicky if he believes the media is involved, but a number of his Murugesan Street neighbors turn up to listen to the music. The food served afterwards was doubly brilliant.
    "Fiction is not the enemy of reality. On the contrary fiction reaches another level of the same reality" - Jean Claude Carriere.
    Music

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote="complicateur"]Suresh,
    The concerts are quite open to the public but space is limited and the person needs to look presentable I guess. He gets very finicky if he believes the media is involved, but a number of his Murugesan Street neighbors turn up to listen to the music. The food served afterwards was doubly brilliant.[/quote
    Having the fortune of a double treat [music + meals], we expect more inside info from you sir. Who all participated in the kutcheris? How was the quality of the programme? Did Raja and his clan sing? Does Raja have any say on the kruthis being sung? Were there any bhajans/slokas recited alongside? How was the kolu [ I mean the kolu bommai/padi details plz] . Were the ladies given haldi-kumkum thaamboolam? Questions galore!!!

Senior Member Senior Hubber raagas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Usually the likes of Sudha Raghunathan, Bombay Jayashree, Sowmya etc (not just female singers, but may be male singers too such as Unnikrishnan etc) sing in those kacheris. I dont know if IR also sings.

Lucky you Suresh. Seriously, you are damn lucky...
    Just 7 notes behold a beauty of life...

Senior Member Senior Hubber complicateur's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thumburu,
    I've heard that it is often a group exercise with multiple singers. But this time it was only Sriram Parthasarathy. In fact the only reason I got to go was because I knew someone in Sriram's extended family.

It was a full Carnatic KachchEri format. He started off with Sidhdhi Vinayakam Anisham and sang for at least two hours with at least 8-9 pieces not including the MangaLam. The highlights were:
    1. A hindustani based alaapanai in a raagam that sounded quite close to BhoopaLam (I think it is some TOdi in Hindustani). Raaja spoke a few words with Sriram before the rendition. I like to think he asked him for an aalaap in the Hindustani style. Sriram did a great job if it was impromptu - lovely vocal range. I think at many levels Raaja does this as it enables the influx of new musical ideas.

2. A Meera bhajan in Malkauns, I think, that was absolutely exquisite and then a Madhyamavathi that he sang prior to the MangaLam in Sowrashtram. Was slightly teary eyed. Very good.

3. The highlight of course was a remastered Janani Janani in Reeti Gowlai. He sang just the Pallavi in a Ragamalika. I couldnt help but chuckle when I heard it. So much for Raaja being a "stickler" about his compositions and all that.

Of course there were ThAmbUlap Pais and all that and a large multilevel Kolu with a profusion of PillayArs. There is one marble pilayar in the hall where the concert was that had its own little chair and marble cushion. Very cute!
    "Fiction is not the enemy of reality. On the contrary fiction reaches another level of the same reality" - Jean Claude Carriere.
    Music

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    To what extent the likes of manushya puthran go

ஜெயமோகன் தலைமையில் இளையராஜா ரசிகர்கள் ஷாஜியை கேரோ செய்யபோகிறார்கள்...என்றாராம்..எனக்கு அடி விழலாம் எனவே நான் வரமாட்டேன் ...என்று என்னிடம் பதற்றத்துடன் கூறியதாகவும்..ஒருமணி நேரம் கழித்து அவருக்கு வரிசையாக போன்கள் அவர் நினைத்தபடி வந்ததாகவும் குறிப்பிட்டு இருக்கிறார்.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Great news doctor!
    ...an artist without an art.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by complicateur
    It was a full Carnatic KachchEri format.
    எப்படியிருந்த ராஜா கடைசி காலத்தில் இப்படி கர்நாடக சங்கீத கூட்டத்திற்கு(இசைக்கு) சரணாகதி ஆகிவிட்டாரே என்ற ஆதங்கம் எனக்கு இருக்கிறது. அப்போ நாட்டுப்புற இசையெல்லாம்..! தனது வாழ்க்கைப் பயணத்தில் ஆதார ஒன்றாக உருவாகியது ஓரிடம்.. கடைசியில் சரணாகதி அடைந்தது இன்னொரு இடம். கிளைகளே வேர்களாக மாறிய மரமாக ராஜாவைக் காண்கிறேன். Paradigm Shift.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Page 3 of 183 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast