Page 1 of 183 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: MAESTRO ILAIYARAAJA NEWS & TITBITS VER.2010-2011

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

MAESTRO ILAIYARAAJA NEWS & TITBITS VER.2010-2011

MAESTRO ILAIYARAAJA NEWS & TITBITS VER.2010-2011.

Tough to keep an active thread down [/b]
    Last edited by RR; 14th January 2012 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Edited title again

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    vem wrote:
    Guys,

What has IR been doing w.r.t big budget movies? It has been 15 years since he worked for Rajini, almost 7 years for Kamal (Mumbai Xpress), etc.

Nothing on the anvil as far as I know for Vijay, Surya, Vikram, Captain, Simbu, and other leading actors.

He has been reduced to this pathetic state. Perhaps, he or his diehard fans may not care about this, but the real losers are the millions of fans of melodies and rich music.....

MSV even in the twilight of his years used to compose for Rajini and Kamal (thanks to KB of course) on a consistent basis. What is wrong with these directors and actors? They have in fact sequestered IR for all intents and purposes.

He reminds me of TMS who literally came down to composing Murugar songs for lack of opportunities. He did a great job of course.

The IR who could conjure the listeners with his melodies composed out of thin air has long since ceased to exist, very unfortunately.

let me try and explain! bear with me:

1. IR's stance 1: "what i give is music - either accept it, or be good enough to come up with a better judgement of my music" - producers/directors "your music is great, phenomenal, inspired from deep within, very spiritual, but we wud like something that wud sell"

2. IR's stance 2: "am spiritually elitist - have reached a stage, where I dont care if it is some kuppan, suppan producer with cartloads of money and attitude, or it is Time-Warner company or for all that I care, some big production house in Hollywood - if my intuitive instincts honed by spiritual experiences i have had, propel me to accept a project/venture, I will do - otherwise, I wont - no matter how big the budget is"

3. IR's stance 3: "andha superstar, indha megastar, ivanga ellaam enna periya kombangala irundhaa yenakku yenna ?! I know music, and if they want good music, let them come and ask for it - but, i dont want my music to be given credit primarliy for its association with some star, period! my music is above and beyond stars and their status"

a combination of the above 3 reasons probably explain the present state of affairs!
    The top tamil stars think that they need to be in sync with the trend and are looking for kuthu and hiphop numbers. so tamil people longing for melody (new melodies) and that too in the movies from these stars...i doubt if this will ever be fulfilled.

W.r.to Raja, he still gets to work with top/marketable stars from other languages like we see esp. in malayalam (Mammotty,mohanlal,jayaram,dileep), hindi (amitabh/balki), telugu (balakrishna,jagapathy), kannada (sivrajkumar,chaitanya).

But in Tamil, it is not the case and i guess it is mostly to do with the attitude of the current stars and not because of raja's attitude.

Another Shocker from Raja today.....
    there was an ad about a new movie...Kalaignanin Kadhal...by VeluPrabhakaran..with himself starring in it..music by IR.

Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I personally want him to quit or reduce composing for movies and start making albums. The standard of TFM has gone down. Movies like madrasapattinam or nadodigal or angadi theru are rare. They come once in a blue moon. Rest are garbage. even in the 80's and 90's his music was much ahead of its times. Its even worse now...

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    From the MGR thread in TF section :

Quote Originally Posted by Waterloo
    http://ithayakkani.com/PDF/September.pdf

Moderator, pls upload the photo on page 3. IR fans will lap it up
    Interesting picture in this mag - IR greeting MGR

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine
    From the MGR thread in TF section :

Quote Originally Posted by Waterloo
    http://ithayakkani.com/PDF/September.pdf

Moderator, pls upload the photo on page 3. IR fans will lap it up
    Interesting picture in this mag - IR greeting MGR
    aahaa

can we get the recorded song to listen?

Senior Member Senior Hubber raagas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rooky
    Another Shocker from Raja today.....
    there was an ad about a new movie...Kalaignanin Kadhal...by VeluPrabhakaran..with himself starring in it..music by IR.
    Is he the same kadhal kathai guy? Oh no!! Not again!!
    Just 7 notes behold a beauty of life...

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    It does not stop here . He doing music for the next film for the director of the epic movie Dhanam...EKSI

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber MumbaiRamki's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kamesh
    Dhanam - Not a bad movie , but pretty boring one !
    But it had superb BGMs ....

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's a trailer of a new hindi film Dus Tola , with credits mentioning as lyrics Gulzar , Direction Ajoy (Guess its the same SRK person).. but music is credited to Sandesh Shandilya. The film seems to be for release ahead of SRK. Wonder what happened to SRK!

Post Thanks / Like
    http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies...-role-vtv.html

இதற்கிடையே, சமீபத்தில் தான் தயாரிக்கும் அழகர்சாமியின் குதிரை படத்துக்கு இளையராஜா இசையில் வந்திருக்கும் பாடல்களைக் கேட்டு, சிலிர்த்துப் போனாராம் கவுதம்.

இசையில் அவரோட டச்சே தனி என்றாராம் படத்தின் இயக்குநர் சுசீந்திரனிடம்

Page 1 of 183 1231151101 ... LastLast