Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ex-Number One England

Post Thanks / Like
    Plum I wrote about the ride to the top earlier. They have been more consistent that Usainbhai and vaganam's teams.
    (I am quite fond of Usainbhai's team - adhu vERa debarment).
    I mAnaseegamA have them the top spot before the Ashes. The result was a foregone conclusion to me. And when the romped home it was a mere validation. I can't recall any team dominating another as comprehensively in recent memory. It was an agonizingly long and annoying wait to be officially crowned till the end of that summer.

Indha world cup ellAm appuramA vachukka koodaadhA -nnu irundhEn.
    You may remember my prediction of England win even before the Insia series started. They were exposed in Dubai.but I did expect them to play better at home. They have been disappointing. No denying that.

My clock starts preAshes and ends in Dubai. Koottu kazichu paarunga.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pre AshesnA? Earlier that year, they beat who? A match fixing Pakistan and Australia who dominated that series. They were lucky to win that Ashes 2009. 2010la yaaru> New zealandA? Oh yeah Bangkadesh> Sorry you dont get #1 for beating Bangladesh

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plum ipdi ellam nottai sonninganna India were never #1 to start with/

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    A match fixing Pakistan
    Spot fixing = match fixing-A?
    Pak even won one of the matches, didn't they?
    That one match alone they were not seththa paambus?
    Possibly that one match alone the bookies didn't finance the throwing?
    Or they did finance the throwing but England sucked so bad, that they lost even then?

And Pak were formidable contestants in English conditions because their bowling was strong. They were let down by their batsmen.

and Australia who dominated that series.
    Unselected. It was a more than even contest.

The series where they were dominated but managed to draw is the tour to SAfrica right after that. adhai chonnAlAvadhu oru nyAyam irukku.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajithfederer View Post
    Plum ipdi ellam nottai sonninganna India were never #1 to start with/
    appadinnu naan sollalappA

Post Thanks / Like
    Irukkattum. I am not ticket buyer for India - my only interest in india cricket is Sach, Rah, VVS, aduppadi, varadhukutty. Convenient point mattum eduthukittu badhil sonnA epdi? You said England were spiritual #1 for more than one year. When? How? I didn't claim about this spiritual ramdev nithyananda #1 and all for india. Your ball to play.

India were numeric #1 for more than 2 years. For a team that has been mediocre for 70 years , that was huge. Ivlo dhaan enga claim. Adhuvum on back of koyandhayapaya bowling attacknu naangale solrom. You are the one who bought ticket for great bowling batting of this England. You are the british overhyping feller here. We are DTE

Post Thanks / Like
    Convenient point mattum eduthukittu badhil sonnA epdi?
    Pray, what is the 'incovenient' point I ignored?

You said England were spiritual #1 for more than one year. When? How? I didn't claim about this spiritual ramdev nithyananda #1 and all for india. Your ball to play.
    More than comprehensively answered.
    Very conservatively speaking, IMO they entered the Ashes 2009/10 as the top test team in the waeld. And they hung on till they lost in Dubai. More than one year.

We also didn't win outside home. You also didn't win outside home (Aus is home only for you; plus they were seththa paambus), therefore both are same-nu solla pArkkureenga. appadiyE vachchukkunga-nu solREn.

You are the one who bought ticket for great bowling batting of this England. You are the british overhyping feller here.
    enna overhype-u? Their victories everywhere were pretty much bowling led. Anderson, Broad and Swann. And now they've lost because those guy did not deliver.

We are DTE
    appadinnA?

Dobell konjam overA pongittAn 'naalum. 10 innings defeat out of 20 wins. Effecting such comprehensive routs in Ashes ellAm reasonable grounds for euphoria.
    Atherton, Stewart keezha paththu varusham pichchai eduththuvanukku dhaan adhellAm puriyum. unakku puriyAdhu, nee South Indian.

Post Thanks / Like
    Points you conveniently chose to not answer or answer wishy wasihily.
    Whats your point? India dont even beat Banglandesh or4 Zimbabwe 4-0. Series whitewashlAm nAnga kanavula kooda yosikka mAttOm

England have the ability to cash in in when the opponent caves in like India and Australia did. adhai oru perumiayA mathavan paNNuvANAnu kEttA?
    You needed the opposition to cave in and not try - in those circumstances you can sure win 3-1. What is so great about that? Why is that a differentiating factor?
    What were the wow moments about England? any ball of the century?
    Any outstanding eye-pleasing knocks?

4/
    Yov nIngalum adhe Off stump line Pottu dhAnyA mEla vandhInga!
    ennamO SA mattum eye pleasingA oNNum paNNAmalE #1ku vandhA mAdhiri maindain paNdrIngaLE adhukku sonNEn. No REply

Why these excuses now? That England lost only because Anderson and Broad underperformed? Who made them underperform? WHy did they underperform? Because the opposition wasnt India or a 21st century australia who have forgotten their battling roots.
    Why cant you comprehensively accept that England were never the dope that they were claimed to be? Even after comprehensive defeat. Why try to act as if a year ago they would have beaten this SA.Then I would say the India of 2010 with Latchu and Sach in great form would have beaten England in England and Oz in Oz. idhellAm summA manasa thEthikka soliiKARadhu
    Why this if athaikku meesai muLAichA arguments? So, I'll claim 2010 wallah India would have beaten England iN englandnu. So? idhue llAm oru ArgumentA?

If India succumb to pressure under accurate bowling, adh bowlers graetness
    If England does, England gave away ilavasa vEtti to South Africa?

Infact Vaughan's team that beat SA over a 5 test series and won the Ashes againast a TRUE ATG team in 2005 are better than this #1 team.

The Indian batsmen of 2000s were better than this batting unit although our bowling was never great - still we won many against Aus with that bowling.

This England team has fallen to the first reasonably good team that they have faced. Not to forget losing to Pak and SL as well.

Dont kid yourself that you were true #1 for more than a year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Spot fixing = match fixing-A?
    Pak even won one of the matches, didn't they?
    That one match alone they were not seththa paambus?
    Possibly that one match alone the bookies didn't finance the throwing?
    Or they did finance the throwing but England sucked so bad, that they lost even then?

And Pak were formidable contestants in English conditions because their bowling was strong. They were let down by their batsmen.
    Spot fixing was found. But given the circumstances, given that Pak were formidable contestants and outstanding in bowling, how do you explain 169 for Stuart Broad? Surely he is not that talented with the bat? He has never been able to replicate that. Even Strauss conceded that it is hard to evaluate that match performances with normal parameters now. Even Kapil had a outlier 175 but that was against Zimbabwe. Anyway, even assuming this is speculation and not true, the batsmen simply caved in against a high quality attakc barring that outlier century by Broad and some decent effors by Trott. After that, the first quality attack Cook and co faced is current series - and what happened?

Post Thanks / Like
    IMO they entered the Ashes 2009/10 as the top test team in the waeld. And they hung on till they lost in Dubai. More than one year.
    Disingenuous.

Spiritually:
    1. England #1 claims - can start at the point of Ashes series(end of the series when they showcased a outstanding performance). Ends at end of India tour in 2011. Less than a year. After that, they twiddled thumbs at home until the Dubai tour. Ok, even if you include that tour about 1.25 years as "Spiritual Baba
    Ramdev Swami Nithyananda #1"
    2. Actual #1 numerically - less than one year
    3. More importantnly, spiritually they lost the #1 in the very first series after becoming #1

India - numeric #1 as 2 years. Atleast, showed "Spiritual Baba Ramdev Swami Nithyananda #1" credentials in retaining that ranking atleast 2-3 times against a Strong South African team. And away from home at that, once. Atleast, they fought for their ranking for about a year. Your boys?
    Winston Churchill, John Major, Maggie Thatcher, Prince Charles, Faramasivan, Frabhu Ram, do you hear me Frabhu Ram? Your boys took one hell of a beating

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast