Page 399 of 400 FirstFirst ... 299349389397398399400 LastLast
Results 3,981 to 3,990 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HonestRaj View Post
    seekiram # 366 post pannunga.. appuram maththadhellam pannikkalam...

Only a few more days

I'm trying to catch up with my 'song-a-day' record, looks like I'll do it this afternoon as there seems to be a dull-at-work period...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    yeah may be DC , sorry I got missed up! yes it was DC

Sorry app anna
    I remember reading about the only DC song in kAdhal Oviyam (poojaikkAka vAzhum poovai sooRaiyAdal muRaiyO) such a thing. IIRC, DC even got a state award for that number.

That's why I posted about the 'track-singing' thingy for the NPP song. Looks like a wrong-trigger to Param's memory...

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    Looks like a wrong-trigger to Param's memory...
    Office la post panrathE romba kasthtam, pakathula boss vEra. intha tension la ellam marunthu pochu, fast ah type (bayanthu baynthu) panralatha spelling mistake vEra
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to Nagoor Babu, we managed to fill 2 pages

Back to the normal discussion pls

When was Kalaignan released??
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    I remember reading about the only DC song in kAdhal Oviyam (poojaikkAka vAzhum poovai sooRaiyAdal muRaiyO) such a thing. IIRC, DC even got a state award for that number.

That's why I posted about the 'track-singing' thingy for the NPP song. Looks like a wrong-trigger to Param's memory...
    Yes, App you are right, it is poojaikkaaga, not poonkathavE.

Post Thanks / Like
    #352 வைகை நதி ஓரம் பொன்மாலை நேரம்
    (ரிக்சா மாமா, 1992 , ஜானகியுடன்)

'vaigai nadhi Oram ponmAlai nEram' from rickshaw mAmA, with SJ

For some reason, the phrase 'kaL vadiyum pookkaL' got stronger memory recall than the first line that SPB sings or the tossed literary line that SJ sings prior. Sweet song by the star pair from another movie that I don't know much about. Net sources say a P Vasu + Sathyaraj combo movie. Sathyaraj was doing MGR-like-acts from time to time and the movie title possibly had something to do with that (rickshAkkAran to rickshA mAmA).

Coming back to the 'kaL vadiyum pookkaL' thingy : since VM was the first to coin this for the 'Ayiram thAmarai mottukkaLE' song, this seems to be a suruttal by the lyricist (whoever it is). Interestingly, that phrase also brings to mind the image of actress NaLini sitting on the front bar of a bicycle in a cinema poster (with her typical intolerable smile). That poster was for the movie 'kaL vadiyum pookkaL' There were some tfmpage discussions & dhool articles on songs from that movie, MD-ed by Shyam.

The other funny thing that always comes to mind about 'kaLLu' is the sign boards of 'kaLLu shops' of Kerala, when I first visited the state during my +2 days (I think in the year 1980). TN had prohibition those days and the TN kudi makkaL had to go to other states to drink. So, while no other shops inside Kerala had any kind of Thamizh sign boards, all those kaLLu & chArAya shops -not just the border towns of Kerala but even in villages inside the state -had their boards with kaLLu or chArAyam written in Thamizh

Post Thanks / Like
    Rickshaw mama is one of the umpteen sathyaraj-gounder combo movies of 90s forever immortalized by aNNan's genius. It also holds the infamy of unleashing baby sridevi on us. It is another matter that Sridevi grew up to become the best "figure" from the Vijayakumar household. Those days Sathyaraj tried all 3c1, 3c2 combination of khushboo, bhanupriya and gauthami. Viz khushboo and gauthami(this movie), khush and bhanu(brahmaa), gauthami and bhanu(magudam), khushboo alone(nadigan), bhanu alone(pudhu manidhan, pangaali), gauthami alone(velai kedaichidichu).

Post Thanks / Like
    #353 தங்க நிலவுக்குள்
    (ரிக்சா மாமா, 1992)

'thanga nilavukkuL' of ricksA mAmA

A very soothing SPB solo song with an irritating male chorus chant in the 2nd interlude (there's also some intolerable female sound prior to that). Possibly a vaLai kAppu song - I wonder if the hero sings for his sister or some situation like that. If Sathyaraj is seen on screen singing a song for the vaLaikAppu of his sister, that would be the ultimate comedy for me Plum or someone who watched this movie : please post about the sichchuvEshan. I'm suffering from curiosity

The short flute responses to the singer's calls are exquisite delights! This song used to be a regular on Cbe area buses, much like the other Sathyaraj songs that we've discussed in this thread. I'm not very sure whether it enjoyed the same level of popularity from the rest of TN Also, I remember listening to this song a few times on Kovai vAnoli which started getting played at home almost regularly around this time. They used to announce the name of the movie but apparently it never got registered in my mind. Now, thanks to this exercise, I get to remember the name of this delightful song's movie!

A sweet SPB winner!

Post Thanks / Like
    There are a few more SPB songs listed under ricksAw in thiraippAdal but they don't have brain-recall

So, all of them get skipped and let's move on to the 'manadhai ennavO paNNum' short SPB song from another movie that Nerd talked about a few pages back...

Senior Member Devoted Hubber genesis's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    Thanks to Nagoor Babu, we managed to fill 2 pages

Back to the normal discussion pls

When was Kalaignan released??
    Not yet param. I could not get much time for last few days. (promise, not scared of Plum)

Plum - Can you please post the original lyrics for Mano's biggest hit ever "mukkala mukkabula"? முக்கால் பல்லா or முக்கால் புல்லா?