Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Premier wonder grinder

Member Junior Hubber riceandbeans's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Correct proportions

I have a Premier Tilting model and I love it. I have had some problems making my idlis because they don't come out nice I think I am using too much water for grinding. Can anyone tell me the exact proportions of rice, dal and water to make nice idlis using a grinder??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi rice and beans,
    To my experience, use par boiled rice and whole urud dhal. 3 portions of rice and 1 portion of urud dhal works fine for me. soak well overnight and grind next day morning ie 6 to 7 hrs. as per instructions of the premier grinder booklet, i grind urud dhal first ie for 1 cup urud dhal u can add initially 3/4 cup water and add water later if needed , for 3 portions of rice add initially 1 and 3/4 cup of water and allow to grind. if the batter isnt finner, add little more water to make smooth grinding.later add salt,LG powder. i use the same procedure for dosa and i will soak along with urud dhall 1 spoon of fenugreek seeds(vendhayam).

Post Thanks / Like

Exact time

Thank you for the answer. Another question I have is how much time should it take to gride the urud dal and the rice batters?

Post Thanks / Like
    hi rice and beans,
    the grinding time depends on the grinder and also the quantity u intend to grind. when u grind the inc'dnts individually i think for 3:1 rice/urud , urud dhal might take 20min or more. and rice might take 35min or more. this time may vary. but anyways when u think the grinding is over, please unplug and check the batter by felling it. this will give u an idea whether it is done r u have to grind still.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much

You were so very helpful. Thank you again for your instructions.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you! very good information about wet grinders.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm planning to get a wet grinder. Has anyone been using Sharp - Point countertop wet grinder, 2litres capacity? If so, plz let me know if it is good.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm planning to get a wet grinder. Has anyone been using Sharp - Point countertop wet grinder, 2litres capacity? If so, plz let me know if it is good.

Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12