Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: NATIONAL FILM AWARDS - INDIA

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shankar
    njv,
    KR helps ysr in BG Scores...KR doesn't have to get the help of Raja for his BG Scores...He himself is pretty good at BGS (songs are NOT his forte)...For a sample, pls listen to the chase scene in amaidhippadai (Ranjitha being chased by Satyaraj, Sr's goons)...A flute piece (played by Arunmozhi aka napoleon) which sounds like drums. Arunmozhi mentioned it in an interview.

Listen to the BG score Marudhanayagam trailor for KR's BGScores.
    Where can I look at Maruthanayagam trailer.

Look at the info that came back in 98.

http://www.dinakaran.com/cinema/engl...0-98/kamal.htm

There is no way Kamal would go for KR for such historical projects.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    KR did about 8 reels of Siraichaalai's BGM as well. He could have composed just for Marudhanayagam's trailer/promo.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    njv,
    I never mentioned KR was the MD for marudanayagam....He wrote the score for the trailor, and a friend of mine heard it from KR himself..

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting discussions (atleast few weeks earlier).
    Congrats to VS, I haven't listened to"swarabhishekam" songs, despite mixed opinions from other Dfers here on this album, I feel he was a better choice compared to YSR, he definitely deserved for "Anbe Sivam" ( had good BGM also).

YSR's 7GRC was just above average , I couldn't sit thro' watching the movie beyond 30 minutes ( so I don't know how good was the BGM), his "kaadhal konden" ( though few songs were lifts, yet BG score was one of best ) was better than 7GRC ,

as per Indian national awards regulations/eligibility etc ( see link http://mib.nic.in/dff/51nfawardregul.htm) Best MD award is supposed to be for best music direction ( which includes songs and BG score), but looks like the jury ever even cocentrate on BG score, (IR should have won many many awards if the jury members went by those regulations is another point.)

YSR has a long way to get there especially with the kind of music he produces ( despite giving chart busters and commercially successful music in the last 2 -3 years), KR ( a more talented MD who is not as hardworking as his dad or his brother I think) may win a NA earlier if he concentrates more on songs ( Kudaikkul mazhai had exceptional BG score, and most of the YSR movies whereever he took care of BGM)
    Comparision of "7GRC" with "Kaadhal", "kaadhal" had few good songs and definitely a very good BG score, considering Sridhar Joshua's maiden effort , personally " kaadhal" had some original music, as opposed to YSR 's rehashed songs and inspired BG score in " 7gRc", movie itself was way better than the stupid 7GRC ( splendid performance by every small or big characters in Kadhal)

Somebody mentioned about " hamsalekha" winning NA in 1997, it was probably either 1995 or 1996, and definitely deserved for the movie "Gaanayogi Panchakshari Gawayi", he belongs to the league of VS with heavy influence of IR in his early years
    It was interesting reading "App_engine"'s comparision of Kamal and Rajini in "Nayakan and Dhalapathi" and vice versa, but Rajini in "Nayagan" I just can't imagine, especially "saranya-kamal" initial intro sequences, ( Rajini failed miserably in Dhalapathi with those Bhanupriya related sequences, IR was the big savviour in most of the places wherever Rajini was average) " Kamal-Karthika" sequences and definitely in "later year Velunayakkar" in Prison etc ( despite Rajini doing some excellent portrayals like the senior Rajini in Muthu etc)
    Rajini is talented no doubt, but he is not versatile, and definitely misses the naunces and subtelities in enacting certain characters unlike Kamal and perhaps no one in entire Indian cinema has this extra ordinary talent of Kamal except probably"Naseeruddin shah" (IMHO) not even Mohanlal, Mammotti and others despite being great actors.
    The only MR movie I have watched only once is "Dhalapathi" (being an ardent fan of MR) right when the movie was released I felt it was just an extended version of "nayagan" layered over friendship etc even box office vise probably it was not the greatest hit of Rajini despite being MR-IR-RK combo ( If I am not wrong, another crap of Rajini "manidhan" did better than this I think)
    Rajini at best be compared to BigB for his screen presence definitely never comparable to Kamal IMO.

Prabhudas
    Long Live Maestro and his immortal music

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Prabhudas...
    i really got to admit on the part where you said that Naseerudin Shah is the next versatile actor to Kamal!...

too good to deny it...

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.dailythanthi.com/article....sdate=8/2/2005

Kunnakkudi given `karnAtaka isai gnAni' title PB Srinivas also called `isai gnAni' and there is an unnecessary story about a Raja who didn't know anything about sangeetham....

JJ'kku IR mEl enna ivvaLavu kAttam?

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like Preeti Sagar was the singer .....

Feature Film Jury

Chairperson - Shri Sudhir Mishra

Members

Ms. Preeti Sagar
    Ms. Vani Shree
    Ms. Shatabdi Roy
    Shri L Vaidyanathan
    Shri Sandeep Sawant
    Shri Subhadro Chaudhury
    Shri Chandi Mukherjee
    Shri Sharad Dutt
    Shri Bhajan Sopori
    Shri T.S. Nagabharna
    Shri Nagesh kukunoor
    Shri Ranjeet Das
    Shri N Sanjeev
    Shri M Mohan
    Shri Vinod Ganatra
    Shri Vasantha SMA

Post Thanks / Like
    Who among these jury members is the singer who is supposed to have scuttled YSR's chances?
    Initially, I thought it could be SPB, who might have influenced the award for his aaptha mithrudu K.Vishwanath's movie. But he is not even in this list
    That aside, SPB had an absolute stunner "Okka Kshanam" in Swarabhishekam - he should have got the NA in place of Udit. ( I thought may be SPB was in jury so he couldnt have got it but now it seems really unjust)

Personally, Swarabhishekam was not earth-shaking - except that it was semi-semi-classical(surely, if Shankarabharanam is semi-classical, Swarabhishekam cant be - my first impression of the album was "IS this really VS, it could easily have been one of MMKeeravani's "keep-to-the-middle-scale" efforts?").
    Swarabhishekam is too light to be called Semi-classical and in that genre, it isn't earth-shaking - even in Telugu, there was Anand, a better movie with better songs(though lousy BGM). Considering that Autograph missed narrowly, I would say Anand could have won hands down for sheer quality of music.

Looks like Nagesh Kukunoor might have scuttled Anand's chances both for Best Telugu Movie and music because the director of Anand, Sekhar Kammula has taken over the "king among small film-makers from hyderabad"

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314