Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: MGR film songs are always popular

Senior Member Veteran Hubber mr_karthik's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by umaramesh
    I think after GR only MSV to protest with MGR if he put too much pressure. I heard that MSV simply refused for NALLAI NAMADHE film because he never use to repeat same tune scored from other language. He agreed after getting assurance from MGR that he will not interfere in song composing and he will not use SAME TUNE frm hindi tune. MGR gave this assurance.

In his book MSV mention about ULLAGAM SUTRUM VALLIBAN incident and how MGR removed his name without informing him. Later MGR spoke to MSV mother and made him to agree.
    regards
    uma rames
    Welcome Uma Ramesh,

Your postings shows that your future posts will be more informative like Mr.Manisekaran, Mr. Balaji, Mrs. Saradha and others, especially in this forum (Memories of yesteryears).
    If you read all posts in this forum, you will be amazing about the stunning informations from those hubbers about the pasts.

We are ready to enjoy and share.
    Karthik.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber umaramesh's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear karthik
    Thanks for your mail. I think I am not seasoned campaigner like Mr.Manaisekaran/Miss. Sharada & others. I will share with everyone whatever small information I have. Thanks a lot.

regards
    uma ramesh

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Balaji,

Valee wrote this first line:

Naan Alavodu Rasippavan... and did not know how to move on to the next line. Mu.Karunanithi whose Megala Pictures took this movie was around and he immediately shot in with this line:

"Ethayum Alavinri Koduppavan" very approriately describing the character of the man called MGR. Valee was puzzled at Mu Ka's right choice of words.

MGR did not take payment for this movie as the proceeds from the movie was meant for DMK funds. The movie ran fairly well. When the victory celebrations took place, MGR was never to be found, as he had gone abroad for shooting of Ulakam Sutrum Valiban.

By this time bitterness was already developing between the two.

Member Regular Hubber lovedeva_pj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    joe always suport her fan sivajiganeshan
    but mgr songs are more popular than sivaji thats no one can rejected

Many thathuva padalkal is only famous for mgr
    and many love songs also popular for mgr

I also like sivaji acting , sivaji is the greatest actor no one can beat sivaji in acting that is true at the same time no one can beat MGR in popularity

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    MGR was certainly "prophetic" in his own ways. He knew that his acting parameters were limited. He retained same style of acting from day one. Yet he felt that his ultimate strength would be songs. As has been stated several times, MGR looked into every angle and aspect of songs in his films.

1) MGR decided the song writers

2) Sat with them and went through the lyrics word for word and line for line. ( The late Marudhakazi and Valee related to me this)

3) He sat with MDs and approved the tunes. RM Veerappan said that all the tunes in MGR songs were approved by MGR. MGR event went to the extent of buying western vinyl records for the listening of the MDs- Kunnakkudi Vaithiyanathan has said this when songs for Navarathinam were composed

4) MGR decides the singers as well.

5) MGR decided the screenplay for the song scenes (Puthaneri Subramaniam related this with me at a breakfast talk in his house. He wrote a song "Veesu Thendrale Veesu" for Nadodi Mannan, for which MGR imagined the song scene. However the song was left out and later used in Ponni Thirunaal. But MGR does contribute to the picturisation)

The man's intense and deep involvement rewarded we fans very well in that his songs were instant hits, and his song scenes were powerful and left indelible impressions upon us.

Singers who sang for him and lyricists who wrote for him received many chances from other MDs as well.

Many of his songs bagged several coveted awards.

His song scenes were too costly and yet enriching. The song scene with the biggest expenditure in those days was Azhagiya Thamizh Magal Ival- Rickshawkaran- two lakhs then. (One of the fours immortal songs where MSV used too many instruments)

His dream songs were simmply matchless!

See the song scene of "Nadagamellaam Kanden Unthan Aadum Vizhiyile" in Madurai Veeran- the staring point of major dream songs. How about "Kannnil Vanthu Minnal Pol" in Nadodi Mannan - underwater scene, that drew the attraction of the press.

All his efforts paid off. ADMK stood for elections in December 1984, in the absence of MGR. MGR was admitted in Brooklyn Hospital USA for multiple ailments. Tamilnadu felt desperate. The video clipping of MGR conversing with his doctor was screened in all theatres. But more importantly, MGR's famous songs were played over AIR over and over for two weeks. His songs carpetted the entire country and permeated the hearts and souls of his ardent fans.

And MGR won with the biggest mandate.
    Cho ramasamy wrote" THis is the biggest mandate MGR has received. With this mandate MGR could do two things:
    a) Use his tremeondous influence to do something good for the country; or
    b) decide to be arrogant.

When MGR was in the Brooklyn Hospital one particular song became a prayer for MGR- again a prayer by all major religious groups. The song is "Aandavane Un Pathangalai Naan Kanneeril Neerattinen" - Oli Vilakku. By Vaalee.
    When MGR recovered and returned to Tamilnadu V. N Janagi, MGR's consort told Valee that it was Valee Bagyam that saved MGR. Valee said it was actually VN Janagi's Taali Bagyam that rescued him!

When you listen to MGR songs, there is a special power. And that undeniable and irrepressible power is this: When you listen to his songs, the MDs who composed for his songs would be lost out. The singers will be lost out. Automatically the image of MGR and MGR alone would appear before our faces.

An example: Naan Aanayittaal Athu Nadanthuvittaaal....

What do you see?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manisekaran : Very enlightening writeup about MGR. As you pointed out, whenever I listen to "Naan aaNaiyittaal athu nadanthuvittaal" (audio), only the visuals of MGR comes before my eyes - excellent song & one of my favorites !

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Ramky,
    You have got it. Almost all songs of MGR have this impact! He was the most charismatic cine personality in India.

I am right now in Bangkok. This morning I took time off to visit some of the places where MGR shot scenes for Ulagam Sutrum Valiban-Pachai Kili Muthu Charam Mullai Kodi Yaro?

Thanks

Manisekaran

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anbulla Sagodharar Manisekarn Avargalae,
    About MGR - Unga writings ellam interest agavum, information agavum irukiradhu.Bangkok thagavalgalaiyum sollungo Sir.

With Love,
    Usha Sankar.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear ramky and Mani Sir,
    "Pachai kili muthu charam " padal patri oru chinna vishayam.

ramky -- AGPG thread il indha padal patri oru thagaval sonnergal.

Indha padalil naditha actress thailand.Avaruku thamiz theriyadhu enrum MGR invarin lip movemnets ku care eduthu seri seidhu irupar enrum sonnergal.

indha thagavalai naan Jaya tv thenkinnam programme ku vnadha Dance Master Puliyur Saroja avargal solli keten.

Puliyur Saroja avarin stylei avar sonna thagaval--

Pachai kili padaluku indha ponnai dance ku solli koduthen.Anal padaluku seriya lip movements varavillai.Indha ponnuku thamiz theriyadhu....

nnidam MGR sonnar."Indha ponnuku thamiz theiryavillai.Eppadiyavadhu tamizh katru koduthu seriyaga lip movements panna seiyungal" enru.

Naan indha padal varigalai ivaruku katru koduthen.Avarum sincere aga katru kondu maximum try panni seriyana lip movements panna muyarchi seidhu paadinar.

UNMAIYILAYAE INDHA PONNU PACHAI KILI DHAN. PACHAI KILI MADHIRI TAMIZH KATRU KONDU PAADINAR.INDHA PADLAI IPPO PARUNGA -- PACHAI KILI MADHRI TAMIZH AI PADUM AZHAGAI !!!!!

I like the comments of PUliyur Saroja for that Girl....

Song's picturisation is also nice to watch.THank you ramky...

With Love,
    Usha Sankar.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Mr. Manisegaran

We are learning a lot from you. Of late I am using your posts as the basis for many of my posts !
    With so much info. database you have and the excellent way of presenting skills, we expect more from you sir.

Your coverage on Ulagam sutrum valiban was superb.

On the same lines, will you pls cover some landmark movies of Makkal thilagam , say like , Anbe vaa , 1000il oruvan, Nadodi, Kudiyirundha kovil, Adiman penn, Nadodi mannan etc.

We all know what knowledge MGR had on music but we need more indepth info. through experts like you pls.

Pls. come out with more posts on MGR songs .

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast