Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Tamil roots of sanskrit words

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber viggop's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Shoyonik
    It is the name of Goddess Parvathi in a temple in Tamil Nadu

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Neelotpalavalli definitely means blue water lily. But the word is clearly tamil.
    ul - of water
    ulai - water set over fire for boiling rice
    ularthu - to dry
    ulari - a water fish
    ulankalam - vessel to store water
    ullolam - large wave
    ulliyar - persons skilled in determining suitable places for digging wells
    ulgu - duty (on imports)

palam, palaasam, pannam - leaf
    ul + palam = water leaf = lily.

Neelam = blue
    valli is a very common word in tamil - maravalli, peruvalli, irathavalli, iraasavalli, karpooravalli, kaattukkaaivalli, thaamaraivalli, kappalvalli, sarkaraivalli ... the list is endless.

neelam + ul + palam + valli = neelorpalavalli (neelotpalavalli)
    யாகாவா ராயினு னாகாக்க

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by F.S.Gandhi vandayar

Dear Mr. Jaiganes,

In world history a significant breakthrough has been done by Mr.Maxmuller who identified ‘Indo – Europiean Group of languages’ in 19th century.

His strong belief is man movement in history can be identified through language analysis.

He has done, found out certain truth but ended with wrong conclusion. The thing is he has not analysed tamil / other Dravidian group / North Indian tribal languages.

Importantly north Indian tribal languages are nothing but tamil.

Whenever Indian history studies made Sanskrit is made forefront as if it exposes all Indian hereditary which is a wrong theory. It is 1800 years old unspoken language created only for Hothas / knowledge preservation purposes.

In this case we have to analyse which culture / language influenced this Sanskrit. That will bring you great light to the history.

Thevanayap pavanar started his career as English teacher went on reading English formation and at last he found tamil was the origin for all the languages in the world. He started the roots formation guided by Maxmuller / Galduwell.

My approach is based on that. Many books influenced this. I had an opportunity in my school days to study about various history books. If you want the listing it won’t complete the purpose.

All other Indian languages are phonetically transformed structure / dialects of tamil is real truth.

Knan paranchu / parayu (Malayalam) Na cheppinadu (telugu) which are Shrinkage of Naan parainthathu / Naan cheppiyathu.

Doorvaja Banthgae (Hindi) ‘Theruvasal poththunga’ (tamil)- ‘Kathava Moodunga’ (another dialect)

Doorvaja Kolagae (Hindi) ‘Theruvasal Thoranga’ (tamil) ‘ Kathava Thiranga’ (another dialect)

Yahang Aav (Hindi) ‘Engae Vaa’ (tamil)

Kithap patna(Hindi) 'Puththakam padi'

My purpose is to intiate this vision to masses. People will find out lot of things / truths behind it (including the language pandits.)

f.s.gandhi

Aryan theory is a hoax Mr. gandhi

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

hybrid

If you take the view that Sans is Indo-European:
    Niila (niilam) (=blue) was one of the early Dravidian words borrowed by Sans from Dravidian and was identified so by western linguists and historians.
    Niila is not an Indo-Euro term.

Niila forms part of the word niilOtpalam.

If you take the view that Sans arose from Dravidian base as did PaavaaNar and Sw.Nyanapragasam of Nallur, then it was just a concoction from Dravidian lexical base. It may have a claim on words specially made for itself and grammatically and linguistically incompatible with other Dravidian languages including Tamil. But it is proven that Sans had indiscriminately taken Dravidian and Munda roots to form words.

Even in the 2nd view, niilam is Tamil.

But an explanation has to be found for the existence in Sans for many Indo-Euro words and other linguistic elements, since 1/3 of its lexical base is Indo-Euro. One explanation may be that Sans borrowed those words from the west as has already been suggested by those historians who reject the AIT and AMT.

A reasonable conclusion is that Sans is a hybrid invention for liturgical purposes for the priesthood of India.
    B.I. Sivamaalaa (Ms)

Post Thanks / Like
    What does this word mean?

(1) "Sharadhambal" ,
    (2) "Sringeri"

Post Thanks / Like
    I know Sharadha is goddess saraswathi but what is the exact meaning of this name sharadambal?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Friends,

One of my Uncle's (from Tirunelveli) father name is Isaaki-Appan, I heard its one of the names of Lord Shiva.
    This name is something unheard to me and looks like a Middle eastern Name Issac to me.

Can anyone tell me more about this word and its root.

Thanks

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chappani
    Hi Friends,

One of my Uncle's (from Tirunelveli) father name is Isaaki-Appan, I heard its one of the names of Lord Shiva.
    This name is something unheard to me and looks like a Middle eastern Name Issac to me.

Can anyone tell me more about this word and its root.

Thanks
    It is not isaaaki. It is isakki-appan. isakki is from tamil iyakki-appan / iyakki-amman - one who drives the world.
    isaac is from hebrew "yitzhaq" which means "he laughs" or "he laughed".

Post Thanks / Like
    is there no meaning of Sharada in tamil?
    oh! I should have guessed. you give tamil meaning only after you get the Real Samskrith meanings from me(because this way, it becomes easier to convert some part of the Samskrith meaning and present it in tamil clothing).
    anyways, Viggop, Shringeri is the corrupted form of Shringa-Giri, which means the mountain of the deers.
    Sharadamba means, `the mother with a Lotus-like Face`.
    and both are Samskrith.

Senior Member Senior Hubber podalangai's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shoyonika
    Sharadamba means, `the mother with a Lotus-like Face`.
    Shuddha Sanskrit scholars insist it comes from Sanskrit "Sharada" meaning autumn, which produces "Shaarada" meaning "white lotus" (or "cloud") which produces "Shaaradaa" meaning Saraswati ("one who has a face like a white lotus", or "white cloud"). Thani Tamil scholars insist it comes from Tamil "cAru", meaning "beautiful", which produces "cAratam" meaning "melodious" and "cAratA" or "cAratai" (Saraswati).

Scholars of Chennai Tamil (Madras bashai gilfans), however, say that the name comes from "saar", a gender-neutral term of respect in that language.

DISCLAIMER: This post is not an endorsement of any conclusion, contention, convention, assumption, presumption, position, speculation, supposition, fascination, articulation, abduction or indigestion.
    ni enna periya podalangai-nu ennama?

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast