Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Shocking Incidents

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Beware deadly con men

By AUSTIN CAMOENS and SHAUN HO
    austin@thestar.com.my

PETALING JAYA: Before, there was only the risk of losing money or ending up with a broken heart to glib-tongued swindlers.

Now, Malaysians have to be on the lookout for deadly con men pretending to be mediums to gain the trust of unsuspecting victims before robbing and even killing them.

A recent triple murder in Taman Sri Ramal, Kajang, has highlighted the existence of such vile fraudsters.

A medium who claimed he could mend family disputes through a ritual, poisoned them with milk laced with weedkiller in the wee hours of April 1.

The deceased: (From left) Rajeswary, Manivaran and Sakunthala.

He fled the house after stealing their jewellery and valuables and setting a gas cylinder on fire in the kitchen.

K. Rajeswary, 28, died in hospital on April 4 while her brother Manivaran, 33, died four days later. Their mother M. Sakunthala, 63, died on Saturday.

Selangor police chief Deputy Comm Datuk Tun Hisan Tun Hamzah said although deaths were rare in cases involving con men, many other cases, however, go unreported.

“People should be wary and be extra cautious when seeking alternate solutions to problems, including family disputes and medical ailments,” he said.

He said in most cases, the public seek these people out of desperation.

As con men look for ways to manipulate strengths and weaknesses, they would first work on gaining trust.

“The eventual victims are easily duped because they are usually in a state of distress. The con men prey on their desperation to get what they want,” he said.

Meanwhile, the Bukit Aman Commercial Crimes Investigations Department (CCID) director Comm Datuk Syed Ismail Syed Azizan said Malaysians have been swindled of more than RM32mil through scams between January and June last year.

Besides Internet fraud, the con tricks also include parcel scams (victims are told that he or she had received parcels with expensive gifts, jewellery or cash, but the packages are detained by Customs and payment is sought for the release), Macau scams (con men claiming to be police or bank officers duping the victim is being investigated and that he or she has to surrender money into an account to verify that it was not gained illegally).

“A total of 454 Macau scam cases were reported amounting to losses of over RM10.6mil while 472 parcel scam cases were also reported with losses of over RM10mil as well within the same period,” Comm Syed Ismail said.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp...929&sec=nation
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    People in Hyderabad please return back to your houses as soon as possible there are Bomb Blasts in the city, as of now three bombs has exploded in the city.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    Temple caretaker makes chilling find - a severed head!

KLUANG: In what is believed to be a macabre ritual, the severed head of a homeless man was found inside a Hindu temple at an oil palm plantation near Sri Lalang here.

The head was placed on top of a pedestal used to burn camphor.

Kluang OCPD Asst Comm Abdul Majid Mohd Ali said the temple caretaker made the grotesque find at around 7.30am.

The caretaker had allegedly disrupted a group of men who were conducting the ritual using the man's head.

Upon noticing the caretaker, the group fled in four cars.

ACP Abdul Majid said initial investigation revealed that the victim, believed to be 62, was murdered at another location before his head was brought to the temple, adding that police believed three people, aged between 30 and 50, were involved in the incident.

“Based on the marks along the neck area, we believe the suspects had used a sharp weapon to behead the victim.

“We also believe the man was murdered about eight hours before his head was discovered,” he said, adding that police were now looking for the victim's body.

ACP Abdul Majid said the man was a vagrant who was often seen in a drunken state, sleeping at the temple.

“Police believe the man was beheaded for a ritual,” he said.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp...852&sec=nation

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-04-2...y-army/4649954

A Tamil man living in Australia has detailed shocking claims of rape and torture at the hands of Sri Lankan army intelligence...................

Post Thanks / Like

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.indianexpress.com/news/lo...apuri/1035856/

saadhi madham thaanduma nam deasam

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Praying for Pilgrims who r suffering in flood in Utharkand state...
    2 yrs before (Aug' 2011) i went to Haridwar nd Rishikesh wit my parents... very hot summer season during my trip...
    bt today...

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thala_rasigan View Post
    Praying for Pilgrims who r suffering in flood in Utharkand state...
    2 yrs before (Aug' 2011) i went to Haridwar nd Rishikesh wit my parents... very hot summer season during my trip...
    bt today...
    டுடேஸ் scenario.
    http://zeenews.india.com/news/nation...ay_856776.html

Post Thanks / Like

Do you use Gas stove for cooking ???

Please read this and take note. Let this not happen to you. This could be a common mistake in any household.

This shocking accident happened on 13th Feb 2013. A housewife died due to burns sustained in the kitchen. Her husband too was hospitalised for injuries due to burns while trying to rescue his wife.

How it happened:

The gas cooker was switched on and cooking was in progress.
    The lady observed some cockroaches near the sink and grabbed a can of insect killer and sprayed it near the lit gas stove. There was an explosion and in no time the poor woman was covered in flames, sustaining 65% burns.

Her husband rushed in, tried to put out the flames and his clothes too caught fire.

The husband is still in hospital, in the burns ward, still unaware that his wife died on arrival.

Let us understand that:
    All insect killer sprays such as "Raid", "Mortein", Sheltox etc have highly volatile and inflammable solvents.

The atomized nano spray particles spread very rapidly and one spark is enough to ignite this explosive mixture with oxygen present in air.

Post Thanks / Like

I think our society needs a huge "Wake-up" call. As a shelter manager, I am going to share a little insight with you all...a view from the inside if you will.

First off, all of you breeders/sellers should be made to work in the "back" of an animal shelter for just one day. Maybe if you saw the life drain from a few sad, lost, confused eyes, you would change your mind about breeding and selling to people you don't even know.

That puppy you just sold will most likely end up in my shelter when it's not a cute little puppy anymore. So how would you feel if you knew that there's about a 90% chance that dog will never walk out of the shelter it is going to be dumped at? Purebred or not! About 50% of all of the dogs that are "owner surrenders" or "strays", that come into my shelter are purebred dogs.

The most common excuses I hear are; "We are moving and we can't take our dog (or cat)." Really? Where are you moving too that doesn't allow pets? Or they say "The dog got bigger than we thought it would". How big did you think a Great Dane would get? "We don't have time for her". Really? I work a 10-12 hour day and still have time for my 6 dogs! "She's tearing up our yard". How about making her a part of your family? They always tell me "We just don't want to have to stress about finding a place for her we know she'll get adopted, she's a good dog".

Odds are your pet won't get adopted & how stressful do you think being in a shelter is? Well, let me tell you, your pet has 72 hours to find a new family from the moment you drop it off. Sometimes a little longer if the shelter isn't full and your dog manages to stay completely healthy. If it sniffles, it dies. Your pet will be confined to a small run/kennel in a room with about 25 other barking or crying animals. It will have to relieve itself where it eats and sleeps. It will be depressed and it will cry constantly for the family that abandoned it. If your pet is lucky, I will have enough volunteers in that day to take him/her for a walk. If I don't, your pet won't get any attention besides having a bowl of food slid under the kennel door and the waste sprayed out of its pen with a high-powered hose. If your dog is big, black or any of the "Bully" breeds (pit bull, rottie, mastiff, etc) it was pretty much dead when you walked it through the front door.

Those dogs just don't get adopted. It doesn't matter how 'sweet' or 'well behaved' they are.

If your dog doesn't get adopted within its 72 hours and the shelter is full, it will be destroyed. If the shelter isn't full and your dog is good enough, and of a desirable enough breed it may get a stay of execution, but not for long . Most dogs get very kennel protective after about a week and are destroyed for showing aggression. Even the sweetest dogs will turn in this environment. If your pet makes it over all of those hurdles chances are it will get kennel cough or an upper respiratory infection and will be destroyed because shelters just don't have the funds to pay for even a $100 treatment.

Here's a little euthanasia 101 for those of you that have never witnessed a perfectly healthy, scared animal being "put-down".

First, your pet will be taken from its kennel on a leash. They always look like they think they are going for a walk happy, wagging their tails. Until they get to "The Room", every one of them freaks out and puts on the brakes when we get to the door. It must smell like death or they can feel the sad souls that are left in there, it's strange, but it happens with every one of them. Your dog or cat will be restrained, held down by 1 or 2 vet techs depending on the size and how freaked out they are. Then a euthanasia tech or a vet will start the process. They will find a vein in the front leg and inject a lethal dose of the "pink stuff". Hopefully your pet doesn't panic from being restrained and jerk. I've seen the needles tear out of a leg and been covered with the resulting blood and been deafened by the yelps and screams. They all don't just "go to sleep", sometimes they spasm for a while, gasp for air and defecate on themselves.

When it all ends, your pets corpse will be stacked like firewood in a large freezer in the back with all of the other animals that were killed waiting to be picked up like garbage. What happens next? Cremated? Taken to the dump? Rendered into pet food? You'll never know and it probably won't even cross your mind. It was just an animal and you can always buy another one, right?

I hope that those of you that have read this are bawling your eyes out and can't get the pictures out of your head I deal with everyday on the way home from work.

I hate my job, I hate that it exists & I hate that it will always be there unless you people make some changes and realize that the lives you are affecting go much farther than the pets you dump at a shelter.

Between 9 and 11 MILLION animals die every year in shelters and only you can stop it. I do my best to save every life I can but rescues are always full, and there are more animals coming in everyday than there are homes.

My point to all of this DON'T BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER PETS DIE!

Hate me if you want to. The truth hurts and reality is what it is. I just hope I maybe changed one person's mind about breeding their dog, taking their loving pet to a shelter, or buying a dog. I hope that someone will walk into my shelter and say "I saw this and it made me want to adopt". THAT WOULD MAKE IT WORTH IT.

~ Author unknown

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast