Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Discussing Jeffrey Archer's works

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    jeffrey archer's real forte, is his penchant for the short story - he really should do more of this rather than wiriting those long-winding novels like "the fourth estate", "as the crow flies" - they just seem to drag.
    of course, as far as the short stories go, he's arguably THE best - i know roald dahl writes pretty good short stories too, but archer's style is really good. my personal favourites are "never stop on the motorway", "clean sweep ignatius" and "do not pass go"

of course, a few of his novels were good too - esp "shall we tell the pres", "the eleventh commandment" and "honour among thieves"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've read every single book of Jeffrey Archer's, and consider myself an expert when it comes to him. He is the best author I've ever come across.
    My personal favourites are "Kane and Abel" (I prefer Kane to Abel), "Honour Among Thieves" (My first - after which I fell in love with him), "Sons of Fortune" (give me Fletcher any day), and "As the Crow Flies".
    I love his short stories too. "Christina Rosenthal" and "Old Love" are the best.

Post Thanks / Like

False Impression

Has anyone read his latest book "False Impression" as yet?
    Is it good?
    Also, in his "Prison Diary III", he mentioned that his next book of short stories, "Cat of Nine Tales" would be out in 2005, but we are already in 2006!! Anyone know anything about it?

Post Thanks / Like
    i found "not a penny lesss and not a penny more " good. its really a great plot.

Member Junior Hubber sangeetha_me's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Chloe..i just read "False Impression". A very very good.. I liked it a lot..and it was quite fast moving too..

My other favorites of Archer include Kane and Abel, The prodigal daughter.

Cat O' Nine Tales was supposed to be out in 2006 and it is out. I think I saw it in Barnes and Nobles. But I dont think it has reached our public libraries as yet.
    Sangeetha !

Post Thanks / Like
    I too love his works.
    Liberty is my religion. Liberty of hand and brain -- of thought and labor. Liberty is the blossom and fruit of justice -- the perfume of mercy. Liberty is the seed and soil, the air and light, the dew and rain of progress, love and joy.

Administrator Diamond Hubber RR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chennai had the honour of hosting Jeffrey Archer, the master story teller, who gave us Kane and Able, The Prodigal Daughter, Not a Penny More Not a Penny Less, A Quiver Full of Arrows and many such intriguing novels.

He was in the city to promote his latest book, A Prisoner of Birth at Landmark in Nungambakkam recently.
    Over 34 years, Archer has published 15 novels, 11 short story collections and a few plays and picture books.

Jeffery Archer, proudly declares that he’s an excellent story teller, who knows how to make the readers laugh and applaud as well.

Talking about his latest book, Archer informed that he had written 17 drafts of A Prisoner of Birth before finalising the story.

It eventually took 1000 hours to complete. He usually started writing at 6 am and continued to work for two hours and then had a two-hour break and so on.

He always wrote his books by hand for he didn’t know how to use any machinery and intends to continue writing all his books in future too. Archer has been promoting his book in India for the past 12 days.

Speaking about the genius R K Narayan, he said that Narayan took ordinary people and places and turned them into giants. He had a piece of advice for all budding writers. ‘Write about what you know best,’ he said.

His first book was Not A Penny More, Not A Penny Less got turned down by publishers, 18 of them. ‘That’s the only record I have that’s longer than J K Rowling’s,’ he quipped.

http://www.newstodaynet.com/newsinde...&%20section=11

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just read his collection of short stories "Twist in the Tale." Enjoyed reading them.

Post Thanks / Like
    For anyone weak in English language, and wanting to learn it, I always recommend trying "Twist in the tale" or "A quiver full of arrows".. it has worked with 4 people at least so far gets them interested, and asking for more.
    Not yet, will think of a good signature later.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234