PDA

View Full Version : Why will Cricket be never on the Olympic Games ?

Soomy
30th July 2012, 06:22 PM
For a long time ago, it has been expected that Cricket would be on the Olympic schedule in London. But unfortunately it is not the case and it is all the more disappointed that Cricket is one of the most popular sport in the UK (where the Olympic is taking place).

Is it because cricket is not as famous as football or soccer ?

Or it is the most expensive sport in the world so it can be possible to spend money for the Olympic event ?

Or it is because of cricket is governed by corruption in India ?

Thanks for answer

PARAMASHIVAN
30th July 2012, 07:39 PM
For a long time ago, it has been expected that Cricket would be on the Olympic schedule in London. But unfortunately it is not the case and it is all the more disappointed that Cricket is one of the most popular sport in the UK (where the Olympic is taking place).

Is it because cricket is not as famous as football or soccer ?

Or it is the most expensive sport in the world so it can be possible to spend money for the Olympic event ?

Or it is because of cricket is governed by corruption in India ?

Thanks for answer

Are you serious ????? 90% of UK Population don't even have a clue about the sport . Cricket is only famous in the Sub continent countries and to some extent in Australia/SA and WI.

VinodKumar's
30th July 2012, 07:52 PM
Are you serious ????? 90% of UK Population don't even have a clue about the sport .

Is it :shock: ?? I thought Cricket would be the second or third famous sport in UK next to Football / Tennis. I saw very good crowd for 1999 WC and almost all test series especially Ashes.

Cricket is only famous in the Sub continent countries and to some extent in Australia/SA and WI.

I have heard from my friend's frnd who has been staying in Australia for long time that Australia Test cricket Captain is considered as prestigious person only next to their president. Not sure how exaggerated it was but I remember Austalian PM/President involved when M.Waugh was thrown out of the team.

West Indians would have lost interest in cricket in last decade due to their team below par performances but shouldn't be a sport like Football in India I guess.

VinodKumar's
30th July 2012, 07:54 PM
Olympic association can consider including T20 cricket.

SoftSword
30th July 2012, 08:02 PM
i would not say any percent...
but cricket is not as popular in uk as it is in india.. for that matter, not in any place...
common ppl dont speak abt cricket... u can measure the appeal for a sport in uk from the pubs there... definitely cricket is not in the first two places of what is discussed/watched/supported/celebrated there...
but the people here have tremendous respect(especially old people) for the sport and those who play it... not jus the country/county level players... cos, they consider it a highly skilled game... when compared to how it is seen by some people in india 'vaera vaelai illa ivangalukku...'
so cricket, the interest is fast fading among the people in uk...

PARAMASHIVAN
30th July 2012, 08:13 PM
Is it :shock: ?? I thought Cricket would be the second or third famous sport in UK next to Football / Tennis. I saw very good crowd for 1999 WC and almost all test series especially Ashes.

Yes ,here is the formula.

Football > Rugby >= Tennis > F1 > Cricket. Remember one thing Cricket is Mainly known in England followed by Wales. In the Olympic the country hosting is NOT england, but GB (combinatuion of England, Scotland, Wales and Northen Ireland) hence the popularity of such sport is significcantly less because Scotland/wales or NI do not have their names in the ICC test playing nations

PARAMASHIVAN
30th July 2012, 08:15 PM
I have heard from my friend's frnd who has been staying in Australia for long time that Australia Test cricket Captain is considered as prestigious person only next to their president. Not sure how exaggerated it was but I remember Austalian PM/President involved when M.Waugh was thrown out of the team.

Australian's national sport is Cricket, remember One Australian PM who got involved in Murali's case!

West Indians would have lost interest in cricket in last decade due to their team below par performances but shouldn't be a sport like Football in India I guess.

Yes they have lost it big time, but their main stream sport is Cricket

VinodKumar's
30th July 2012, 08:27 PM
Paramu, Australia SA la lam cricket nalla famous thaan pola. Australia la most popular , SA la second most popular nu thaan ella edathulayum poturukunnga.

PARAMASHIVAN
30th July 2012, 08:37 PM
Paramu, Australia SA la lam cricket nalla famous thaan pola. Australia la most popular , SA la second most popular nu thaan ella edathulayum poturukunnga.
True the Most popular game in SA is rugby.

Bala (Karthik)
31st July 2012, 06:00 AM
Kid Hlove
Edho kekkaraanga paarunga. Please assist

19thmay
31st July 2012, 11:09 AM
Around 200+ countries are participating, how many of them know about Cricket? Hardly 10-15 countries. Cricket schedule pannuradhukku munnadi Kabbadi-ya allow pannanum. At least it is played in Asian and Commonwealth games.

kid-glove
31st July 2012, 11:20 AM
Yank sports'E sellAdhu sellAdhu-nu shutter close. Indha commonwealth sports Polo, Cricket, Croquet, jadai pinradhal, nude Chinese checkers, blindfolded apple on the head shooting'lam chance-E kedaiyadhu-ngO.

kid-glove
31st July 2012, 12:18 PM
RT @TimPayton Today will be novel. At Lord's but will actually get to see play when its raining - Olympic Archery.

wizzy
31st July 2012, 12:24 PM
MCC should sanitize the ground after the event :neutral:

kid-glove
31st July 2012, 12:27 PM
They did that before they started Olympics.

wizzy
31st July 2012, 12:36 PM
you mean the homage to cricket in the opening ceremony.

kid-glove
31st July 2012, 12:42 PM
It was a condescending 'look back'. Seeing how we evolved from that to this. :poke:

P_R
31st July 2012, 12:48 PM
Cricket is not for everybody
This argument for T20 that popularizes cricket is the worshtu.
USA ellAm cricket viLayAdalainnu yaar azhudhaanga?
"Thanks to T20, I can watch cricket with wife and kids, oNNu vitta periyamma"..dei idhu enna V.Sehar padamA?

wizzy
31st July 2012, 01:05 PM
K_G whatever floats your boat..praying your kids will play indoor cricket and break some glass :-)

P_R cricket is too elite a sport to go janaranjagam..int. t-20s are a major yawn fest with no relevance/reverence to record books and should be limited to club level so K_Gs of this world would get a taste of the game and pheel enlightened to embrace much truer test cricket.

kid-glove
31st July 2012, 01:08 PM
Cricket is for fat obese body, deluding it to have used their mind for what is essentially a static sport with discrete variables and sleep inducing dead time in between to make up for their slowness. Most of the team are left to contemplate meaning of existence, life and death, no wonder old people love it.

P_R
31st July 2012, 01:17 PM
K_Gs of this world

Mannan GM complaining to Vijayashanthi about the manager: ivan engaLai ketta vArthaila thittittEn

wizzy
31st July 2012, 01:27 PM
Cricket is for fat obese body, deluding it to have used their mind

overreacting much..Cricket unlike other sport requires different levels of fitness...mota Sehwag/Watson do the same job of opening in tests but their fitness levels are poles apart still mota got a better record..endha dichotomy thaen beauty of the sport ya..you won't want every Tom,Messy and Harry sport a 6 pack,look the same and do the same mundane thing over and over again.

kid-glove
31st July 2012, 01:39 PM
Messi has no 6 pack and he is no Robot either. I am second guessing why Cricket exists at all. not that Abdv or gayle play this sport. Also, is it even a sport. Not recognized as such, it's a charade for slow folks.

kid-glove
31st July 2012, 01:42 PM
Natural athletes with pure aesthetic game will only exist in proper sports. M Jordan's, Federer's and Zidane's.

wizzy
31st July 2012, 01:57 PM
Steyn can take 5fer in a typical cool English conditions and also run in for a final spell in a Chennai heat after been bludgeoned by bats all day long..I would say Steyn who has showcased his skills in much harsher conditions is a much better athlete than all those you have listed..I can bet Messy wouldn't survive a session of a test match @ Chepauk when it was still a concrete jungle.

P_R
31st July 2012, 02:00 PM
I want more paunchy blokes
Dive stops should be frowned upon
If it is so close that a naked eye can't call a run out then it's not out
Bring down the exertion a notch please
Leave sweating to the natives.

P_R
31st July 2012, 02:04 PM
In fact I think you should call offside if a fielder runs more than twenty yards
If u pick the gap u should be done
If u take the aerial route that should be six and out
Six in the early overs then out and a possible one match ban

Siv.S
31st July 2012, 02:17 PM
Cricket is only famous in the Sub continent countries and to some extent in Australia/SA and WI.

Australian's national sport is Cricket, remember One Australian PM who got involved in Murali's case!

Yes they have lost it big time, but their main stream sport is Cricket

True the Most popular game in SA is rugby.

:confused2: :confused2:

kid-glove
31st July 2012, 02:23 PM
Fraction of a second then minutes of rest, fraction of a second then minutes of rest, rinse, repeat.

Think I'd pass and take proper sports where they play more, not spend more dead time in rituals and routine to play, and in a ever changing labyrinth where you continually engage in problem solving, where every fraction of second, every move, space, time and conciousness in a dynamic continuum. Like a 3 dimensional graph, not bar charts. No thank you.

P_R
31st July 2012, 02:50 PM
Archery medal return paNNiraNum
kudhirai mEla kudukudunnu vandhu nikkkAma ambu uttA dhaan adhu sport.
Illaina waste of the space time continuum.

wizzy
31st July 2012, 02:51 PM
Fraction of a second then minutes of rest, fraction of a second then minutes of rest, rinse, repeat.

Think I'd pass and take proper sports where they play more, not spend more dead time in rituals and routine to play, and in a ever changing labyrinth where you continually engage in problem solving, where every fraction of second, every move, space, time and conciousness in a dynamic continuum. Like a 3 dimensional graph, not bar charts. No thank you.

Oh nadaan parindey Ghar aaja..Ghar aaja :musicsmile:

kid-glove
31st July 2012, 03:01 PM
Who cares about Archery. But I'd still like to rub it in and troll faux-Sports fans.

Find angles through a circular pin chart with a hand controlled blade of wood isn't quite elitist, no amount of partisanship would mask the elite posturing, it's not quite a continual space-time orchestration of XI vs XI on chalkboard..

SoftSword
31st July 2012, 03:05 PM
sagaas... sariyaana pOtti..

wizzy
31st July 2012, 03:13 PM
Who cares about Archery. But I'd still like to rub it in and troll faux-Sports fans.

Find angles through a circular pin chart with a hand controlled blade of wood isn't quite elitist, no amount of partisanship would mask the elite posturing, it's not quite a continual space-time orchestration of XI vs XI on chalkboard..

nope..refusing to play on Sundays and wanting a rest day is elitist :lol2:

groucho070
31st July 2012, 03:18 PM
The adulation for cricket among Indians still baffle me. Had some conversation with Joe on it, and it's baffling why football (soccer, you yanks) is not more popular, if you count out US, it's the most popular in the world. And in Olympic it's just a side dish, when World Cup, I believe, is a lot more popular. Even retired-football player/fan like me get perked up during WC, but never during Olympics. It's late in the afternoon, I am blabbering.

kid-glove
31st July 2012, 03:21 PM
I still wonder why they even request for 'rest' these Cricketers, they'd do that for most of the game.

White on whites, kerchief pinned to the hip, spitting and cleaning the ball, chucking it like a limp, Take shelter when it drizzles down, Drinks, Tea and lunch, and many other associated oddities combined with Duckworth and Lewis, Hawkeye, etc makes it a queer lazy ass sport ever known to Man kind. More of a charade as I said before.

kid-glove
31st July 2012, 03:24 PM
Dhorasoo, Narsingh, Harmeet Singh are more of a Sportmen than Tendulkar, Dravid and Laxman.

wizzy
31st July 2012, 03:27 PM
Grouch, yam much more perturbed by the new found following the club/world cup football seems to enjoy amongst youths in India..we really don't have a tradition nor we ever been any good in playing it so never understood the fuss in following it :neutral:

kid-glove
31st July 2012, 03:29 PM
You don't have to be Western to love Western Classical Meesik.

groucho070
31st July 2012, 03:29 PM
Oh, I didn't know that part, wizzy. Cricket craze was more of city folks thingy even from back then, and then football followed. Is it growing now, I mean amongst the city boys?

SoftSword
31st July 2012, 03:30 PM
imagine this grouse...
a bowler before running to bowl lights a fag, takes a couple of puffs, then without wanting to waste it hands it over to the batsman in the runner end and continues with his runup... meanwhile the runner takes a drag and hands it over to the umpire and starts concentrating on the game.. the umpire then smokes it which helps him get more focus on the delivery and the batsman taking a run... now when the other batsman comes to the running end, the umpire hands the fag over to that batsman who takes a contented puff... and all this without disrupting or delaying the game in progress...

unga itetthula nalandhaanaa vaasikka mudiyumaa??

kid-glove
31st July 2012, 03:32 PM
More partisanship and hypothetical re-imagining, making it seem like there's nothing inherently good about Cricket as is.

groucho070
31st July 2012, 03:33 PM
SS, ada...nallavE irukku man. oh ithuthAn kirikettA? Too bad I am one fag a day man...

kid-glove
31st July 2012, 03:33 PM
Things will change.
India will be in a World cup by 2050.

Oracle has spoken.

wizzy
31st July 2012, 03:43 PM
Grouch, footballtards in India are mostly couch potatoes so them putting the hard yards is out of question..Cricket will survive until we have kids playing it in streets/beaches and BCCI can put up a competent 11...Football will survive more as a reality tv show with more city/rural folks lapping it up to look cool.

wizzy
31st July 2012, 03:49 PM
Things will change.
India will be in a World cup by 2050.

Oracle has spoken.

enna oru ballpark prediction :clap: sums up India's plight in Football.

P_R
31st July 2012, 03:49 PM
no amount of partisanship would mask the elite posturing
why posture?
Cricket IS elitist. That IS the point, beauty ellAm.
I want rest-days back. It is unseemly to play five days on the trot.
Any activity where physical strength confers an individual an advantage should be scowled upon.

kid-glove
31st July 2012, 03:54 PM
Akin to saying Kerala, West Bengal all seem to be football-centric, maybe communism had helped.

Akin to saying Togo, Nigeria, Mali are caught in a football warp, maybe poverty had helped.

Akin to saying Goa, Pondicherry are football crazy, maybe imperialism had helped.

Wait.

I may hate on Fedtards, but it's no reflection on the qualities of the Sport.

PARAMASHIVAN
31st July 2012, 03:59 PM
Kind of agree with Kid-glove here, Cricket is not a physically challenging sport like Football, Rugby, tennis, basket ball, volleyball, hockey, swimming ....

P_R
31st July 2012, 04:02 PM
I am not even getting into the oddity of club affiliation. Strikes me as odd but unga vayal unga varappu. yEdhO paNNittu pOnga.
adhukkAga idhu mAdhiri oru non-contact made contact sport-ai.... :lol2:

P_R
31st July 2012, 04:03 PM
Kind of agree with Kid-glove here, Cricket is not a physically challenging sport like Football, Rugby, tennis, basket ball, volleyball, hockey, swimming .... This everyone agrees.

But it has nothing to do with anything. adhaan panjAyaththu.

P_R
31st July 2012, 04:04 PM
Decathlon is the best sport in the world. Variety and exertionmax.

kid-glove
31st July 2012, 04:06 PM
enna oru ballpark prediction :clap: sums up India's plight in Football.

Will happen.

I'm already seeing major improvements in grassroot level in Football centric cities.

Aggregation of NRI's who manage to make into National sides of major football-centric nations (no less) France, Netherlands, Hungary, shows it's not a 'out of bounds' prediction.

KV
31st July 2012, 04:11 PM
If football makes cricket look like a queer parade, Sepak takraw makes football look like ringa-ringa-roses. :lol2:

kid-glove
31st July 2012, 04:15 PM
A balance of physique and technique, matched with ever changing tactical choices = Sport.

I find it all very compromised in Cricket to consider it a Sport.

P_R
31st July 2012, 04:16 PM
Yeah. What speed, what agility....can u imagine the body-flexibility.
Badminton I laugh at you - lazy wimps, standing on your feet and having all the time in the world to hit a slow feather with graphite.

P_R
31st July 2012, 04:17 PM
A balance of physique and technique, matched with ever changing tactical choices = Sport. Rejected.

Bala (Karthik)
31st July 2012, 04:17 PM

wizzy
31st July 2012, 04:19 PM
K-G until schools pick it up and the sport offers a viable financial incentive..I don't foresee any major change..with TV going more digital India can aspire to rival whole of Europe in club following/viewership by 2050.

Bala (Karthik)
31st July 2012, 04:21 PM
kashtappattu type pannen, copy panna marandhutten. Post pannappram paatha office matter post aairukku :oops:
Indha naasama pona lohin problem innum sariyaahala :banghead:

Bala (Karthik)
31st July 2012, 04:25 PM
K_H :clap:

PR
Decathlon la football-udaya beauty illeengale. The immediate appeal and what gets you in is the simplicity. Adhukkappuram alla alla amrudham. Af course, foul, azhuguni idhelaam irukkathaan cheyyum. Cricket-laye athana irukkumbodhu football la irukkaradhu nyaayam dhaane.
Namakku pudikkin-ngaradhukkaaha cricket-ayum football-ayum compare panradhu paap-nga. It is like BGM :razz: (Seriously). Fact.

PARAMASHIVAN
31st July 2012, 04:26 PM
Rejected.

Aren't sports meant to be "physical" ? :roll:

P_R
31st July 2012, 04:28 PM
kashtappattu type pannen, copy panna marandhutten. Post pannappram paatha office matter post aairukku :oops:
:lol:

/tigres/
I was typing a message on my phone in Tamil in sellinam yesterday. Copied it and instead of sending the sms, I posted on twitter :oops: It was a message to my facilities guy at work asking for a cab! Then I realized and deleted the tweet.

The comedy is...some guy favourited that tweet :lol:

//

P_R
31st July 2012, 04:35 PM
Aren't sports meant to be "physical" ? :roll:
India's only world number one plays a sport that isn't physical.

PARAMASHIVAN
31st July 2012, 04:37 PM
India's only world number one plays a sport that isn't physical.

itharku annan Flau bathil koorovar :yessir:

P_R
31st July 2012, 04:40 PM
K_H :lol:

PR,Decathlon la football-udaya beauty illeengale.
Cricket-la football-Oda beauty illavE illeengaLE. I mean reNdaiyin orE sentence-la solRadhu mahApavam range.
k_g, neththi vERvai nilaththil vizhundhA dhaan oththukkuvEnnu sonnAr. adhukkANdi sonnEn.

Namakku pudikkin-ngaradhukkaaha cricket-ayum football-ayum compare panradhu paap-nga. It is like BGM :razz: (Seriously). Fact. Warre wah! adhE vArthaihaL. enna oNNu..other end of the spectruthulErndhu :lol2:

kid-glove
31st July 2012, 04:55 PM
Cricket-la football-Oda beauty illavE illeengaLE

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home.

PARAMASHIVAN
31st July 2012, 04:59 PM
ahaa :lol2:

P_R
31st July 2012, 05:10 PM
Nah.....maNal kayiru SV Sekar 'en kaNNukku azhagA irukkaNum, aduththavan kaNNukku azhagA irukka koodAdhu'.

It is very important that cricket does not attract the wrong crowd. It is for the elect. The air of superiority should be maintained.
Face painting six hollerers can perhaps watch football with contentment.

SoftSword
31st July 2012, 05:13 PM
Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home.

bachelors here...

P_R
31st July 2012, 05:15 PM
Playing and following cricket is a thing in itself. Wodehouse, bridge..andha cultural range. Plum - tea,scone-nu ellAm sErththu solluvAr :lol2: It is kinda required to look at other sports askance. Comes naturally actually.

Exertion is for boys.

kid-glove
31st July 2012, 05:29 PM
So far I'm hearing only partisan assertions that it's elitist, but very hollow and empty, so I can't engage with this debate any more.

As for exertion, Messi, Federer, Jordan'lam exert panradhu kooda theriyadhungalE. Avalo fluency, beauty, aestheticity...etc Pure ignorance of faux-sports fan.

kid-glove
31st July 2012, 05:32 PM
Namakku pudikkin-ngaradhukkaaha cricket-ayum football-ayum compare panradhu paap-nga. It is like BGM :razz: (Seriously). Fact.

:thumbsup:

kid-glove
31st July 2012, 05:33 PM
Exertion vida slugfest-ness and static attributes of Cricket makes it defective and not a Sport of various dimensions and nuances, to be of highest considerations.

Bala (Karthik)
31st July 2012, 05:42 PM
It is very important that cricket does not attract the wrong crowd. It is for the elect. The air of superiority should be maintained.

ajithfederer
31st July 2012, 05:45 PM
:shock: Engainga indha madhiri blatant cheating irukku. This is the worlds lousiest administered sport where the cheat gets away with the prize. Thierry henry handballs the goal and ireland loses qualification(??). experts clarify please. inna madhiri design idhu?

K_H :clap:

PR
Decathlon la football-udaya beauty illeengale. The immediate appeal and what gets you in is the simplicity. Adhukkappuram alla alla amrudham. Af course, foul, azhuguni idhelaam irukkathaan cheyyum. Cricket-laye athana irukkumbodhu football la irukkaradhu nyaayam dhaane.

ajithfederer
31st July 2012, 05:48 PM
WC - Final is an event where the entire world is supposed to be watching. Idhula zidane head butt and Holland some guy kick's to the chest(and getting away with it) idhellam football la dhaan saathiyam. What's the incentive for a non enthusiast to follow this sport?.

Olympics-la ellam cricket varanumnu avasiyame illa. The sport has survived long w/o it.

kid-glove
31st July 2012, 05:51 PM
Cricket'la periya conspiracy irukkaradha Flu solraarE. Unmaiya pOiya>?

SoftSword
31st July 2012, 05:52 PM
try it... maybe u could learn how to derive pleasure by pulling the other players shorts, jersey, pad, etc., :)

kid-glove
31st July 2012, 05:53 PM
W/o Zidane headbutt, the match was going to penalties. No effect on result.

Holland strong tackle, the match was not going to be decided by that red card, in fact, Holland would have played even more defensive, so in the end, it favored Spain.

w/o Thierry henry handball, it would have gone on to penalties any way. France were on top for 10-15 minutes, Dunne, Given everyone stopped playing, always play for the whistle. Indha madhiri errors'lam cost you, hence why the Sport is what it is.

ajithfederer
31st July 2012, 05:54 PM
I still like to watch football and watch it. Naan pr level opposite illa./Almost all wc games(brazil and other biggies) and euros i have watched from 96 - 2004 and parts of 2008. 2012 laam paakalai naane othukaren and i will watch next wc also. But nyaayam onnu irukilla :lol:

Bala (Karthik)
31st July 2012, 05:57 PM
What's the incentive for a non enthusiast to follow this sport?.

"Non-enthusiasts" - a minuscule minority, vandha enna varaatti enna?

Of course, physical kasamusa will be possible/more in football because of its nature. It's a physical sport. Cricket la Gilchrist azhuguni appeal, Ponting appealing for a grounded catch, Shakoor Rana, idhellaam illaiya? Inga John Terry hearing, anga Maa Kii hearing. The point is not it is greater in cricket (obviously!). The point is cricket-laye irukke.
So, you shouldn't be quoting and questioning based on bongugal in football :)
BTW, Zidane was sent off (fortunately :lol2: )

ajithfederer
idhellam naan maruthu pesave illa.

Take our mutual liking sport tennis idhula edhavadhu onnu nadakka mudiyuma?. Cricket-la you get stricter punishments also. For eg pak 3 players banned for m.fixin etc etc.. Aana football -la andha madhiri nadakaradhu illa adhai solla varen. At-least en arivukku.

W/o Zidane headbutt, the match was going to penalties. No effect on result.

Holland strong tackle, the match was not going to be decided by that red card, in fact, Holland would have played even more defensive, so in the end, it favored Spain.

w/o Thierry henry handball, it would have gone on to penalties any way. France were on top for 10-15 minutes, Dunne, Given everyone stopped playing, always play for the whistle. Indha madhiri errors'lam cost you, hence why the Sport is what it is.

kid-glove
Cricket is for fat obese body, deluding it to have used their mind for what is essentially a static sport with discrete variables and sleep inducing dead time in between to make up for their slowness. Most of the team are left to contemplate meaning of existence, life and death, no wonder old people love it.

Messi has no 6 pack and he is no Robot either. I am second guessing why Cricket exists at all. not that Abdv or gayle play this sport. Also, is it even a sport. Not recognized as such, it's a charade for slow folks.

Natural athletes with pure aesthetic game will only exist in proper sports. M Jordan's, Federer's and Zidane's.

I still wonder why they even request for 'rest' these Cricketers, they'd do that for most of the game.

White on whites, kerchief pinned to the hip, spitting and cleaning the ball, chucking it like a limp, Take shelter when it drizzles down, Drinks, Tea and lunch, and many other associated oddities combined with Duckworth and Lewis, Hawkeye, etc makes it a queer lazy ass sport ever known to Man kind. More of a charade as I said before.

You don't have to be Western to love Western Classical Meesik.

More partisanship and hypothetical re-imagining, making it seem like there's nothing inherently good about Cricket as is.

A balance of physique and technique, matched with ever changing tactical choices = Sport.

I find it all very compromised in Cricket to consider it a Sport.

The End.

Bala (Karthik)
31st July 2012, 05:59 PM
Mazha vandha odane Odi poi olinjikkara andha idhu. This is the worsssessstu thing eva!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean i know that's just the nature of the game/soozhal. Vlaada mudiyaadhu but net result it's just extremely irritating

kid-glove
31st July 2012, 06:00 PM
I agree, cheating exists in Football. It does in Basketball. It even does in Tennis to a sumall extent.

That it does or does not in Cricket, doesn't matter to me. It's a charade. A boring one at that.

ajithfederer
31st July 2012, 06:05 PM
Yenga adhukaaga thideernu idi vizhundha thalaila vaangikka mudidyuma/ :twisted: :lol:

Mazha vandha odane Odi poi olinjikkara andha idhu. This is the worsssessstu thing eva!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean i know that's just the nature of the game/soozhal. Vlaada mudiyaadhu but net result it's just extremely irritating

Nerd
31st July 2012, 06:20 PM
Indha naasama pona lohin problem innum sariyaahala :banghead:

/tigres/
I was typing a message on my phone in Tamil in sellinam yesterday. Copied it and instead of sending the sms, I posted on twitter :oops: It was a message to my facilities guy at work asking for a cab! Then I realized and deleted the tweet.

The comedy is...some guy favourited that tweet :lol:

//

About 6-7 years ago - had 4-5 chat windows open. Accidentally sent a porno link (link itself was quite descriptive) to the wrong window, a yeng gEL. velavelaththupOittEn. oru 5 sehandukku enna paNNrathunnE theriyalai :shaking:

Nerd
31st July 2012, 06:24 PM
Grouch, yam much more perturbed by the new found following the club/world cup football seems to enjoy amongst youths in India..we really don't have a tradition nor we ever been any good in playing it so never understood the fuss in following it :neutral:
Yeah and if you ask them, it seems they start following a particular club after carefully analysing their reputation 100 year history etc etc. And they even go to the extent of buying team gear etc. Hilarious whichever way you look at it :lol2:

Liking a single player or a set of players is one thing (appO vENaa beety etc paththi pEsalaam) but blindly following a club, no matter whoever plays, semma comedy saar neenga :lol:

SoftSword
31st July 2012, 06:24 PM
About 6-7 years ago - had 4-5 chat windows open. Accidentally sent a porno link (link itself was quite descriptive) to the wrong window, a yeng gEL. velavelaththupOittEn. oru 5 sehandukku enna paNNrathunnE theriyalai :shaking:

aana... adhudhaan breaking the ice aachu... adhayum sollunga...

kid-glove
31st July 2012, 06:29 PM
Blindly following Cricket itself is a crime-ngrEn. It's a waste.

littlemaster1982
31st July 2012, 06:35 PM
Yeah and if you ask them, it seems they start following a particular club after carefully analysing their reputation 100 year history etc etc. And they even go to the extent of buying team gear etc. Hilarious whichever way you look at it :lol2:

Liking a single player or a set of players is one thing (appO vENaa beety etc paththi pEsalaam) but blindly following a club, no matter whoever plays, semma comedy saar neenga :lol:

Look at me :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1mAudbaPZY

Bala (Karthik)
31st July 2012, 06:37 PM
Grouch, yam much more perturbed by the new found following the club
This is fair enough. Adhavadhu paathukitte irukkaradhu konja naal, thideernu oru club-la kudhikka vendiyadhu. It's not from within, it is from outside. Adhu dhaan prachanai. This will be duly noted and action taken against those involved

Bala (Karthik)
31st July 2012, 06:40 PM
:lol: Anga enna reaction, adhachollunga

Seyyaadha thappukku naan maatnen. Munboru kaalathula, naanga 3 guys and a ladies were sharing an appartment. Work desks pakkathulaye dhaan. Adhula oruthen Bengali blaggard assorted porn site-laam en machine la paappaan. History-a clear-um panna maattaan. Oru murai andha pen edho internet la church panna poi "Anu Agarwal a** gallery" nu pre-populate airuchu :oops: :shaking: Ada paathadhum paatha poiyum poiyum idhaiyaada paappa nu avana parade-a kelappinen, but enna use? Adhu lerndhu andha pen enna oru eena piravi madhiri dhaan paakkum... :(

P_R
31st July 2012, 06:50 PM
This will be duly noted and action taken against those involved:lol:

:lol: Anga enna reaction, adhachollunga adhaanE...come to the paaint :lol:

Ada paathadhum paatha poiyum poiyum idhaiyaada paappa :rotfl2:

Sid_316
31st July 2012, 06:52 PM
http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2009/9/23/128981857336500249.jpg

http://www.oyegag.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/football-vs-cricket.jpg

PARAMASHIVAN
31st July 2012, 06:53 PM
heard Zanath JeiZooriya was dancing in some Gindhi muzikal Frogram?? and appearently he was a very good dancer with lots of stamina, then how come in Cricket, he could hardly run between wickets ? I guess there is more money in bollywood than Zree Langan gricket !

SoftSword
31st July 2012, 06:55 PM
karuman daa!

P_R
31st July 2012, 06:56 PM
Of course enakku endha game-um theriyAdhu.
Wimbledon, Football world cup tayaththula muyarchi paNNi pArkkuradhu.
adhennamO cricket maadhiri suNdi izhukkum sakthi adhugaLukku thuLi kooda illai.
idhellAm oru aattayA-nu thONirum.

So comparative karuththu fiasedA dhaan irukkum.
sadhAsarvakaalamum odikittE irundhA dhAn aattai-nu sonnA, unselected. Thassal.

Sid_316

:notthatway: The philosophy followed by the club will remain intact. Players may go and come but they all play the way they shud. Am generalizing with respect to arsenal here. 7 years they didn't get a trophy/Lost star players but still they play the most eye-catching entertaining football today.

And yes wannabes exist :twisted:

wizzy
P.S, Zanath was pit as a piddle is his playing days

P_R
31st July 2012, 06:57 PM
IPL is the footballization of cricket.

P_R
31st July 2012, 06:58 PM
The philosophy followed by the club

pallula karai irukkalaam, en manasula karai irukkAdhu

wizzy
31st July 2012, 06:58 PM
eggjactly..no wonder K_G laps it up gleefully

PARAMASHIVAN
31st July 2012, 07:00 PM
P.S, Zanath was pit as a piddle is his playing days

Wizzy,

ithula enna kodumaina gilmas kooda sonangalam ivaru super ah aaduraru nu ? :shock:

wizzy
31st July 2012, 07:00 PM
T-20 even had bowl-outs in case of a thai

Bala (Karthik)
31st July 2012, 07:02 PM
wizzy/PR
IPL-kum football kum sammandham illaye, apart from superficial ones like reduced duration, face painting etc? IPL is just an obnoxious but addictive concoction/kankaatchi. I don't watch cricket after Sachin (kadaisiya kanisama paathadhu Sachin Sydney match highlights paathen nenaikkaren) but indha karumam IPL sila naatkalukku mela paakkaama irukka mudiyardhilla. Unnecessary evil

kid-glove
31st July 2012, 07:08 PM
A Sport that's unable to find its own identity. Poor, it has to be.

Bala (Karthik)
31st July 2012, 07:09 PM
Anyone *watches* golf here???? Anyone following motor sports(?!) on TV? I don't care about subjectivity, opinion etc... it is just bull. The only thing more lame is to go the spot and watch it live :rotfl2:

wizzy
31st July 2012, 07:13 PM
B(K) both are fast paced and ECB structured it intentionally to get back their youths to the game..Lalit added a super bowl twist with cheerleaders/loud music and clearly knew who is target audience were.

littlemaster1982
31st July 2012, 07:14 PM
Anyone *watches* golf here???? Anyone following motor sports(?!) on TV? I don't care about subjectivity, opinion etc... it is just bull. The only thing more lame is to go the spot and watch it live :rotfl2:

One of my roommates used to watch F1 on TV. Vera vazhi illama naanum paarthirukken. Rembba kashtam :| Almost missed that epic SA-Aus ODI match because of F1.

wizzy
31st July 2012, 07:15 PM
I know a guy who pays 200rs a month for Ten Golf :lol:

kid-glove
31st July 2012, 07:15 PM
Calling any form of cricket as a Sport is still problematic for me.

Hence why I equated IPL = WWE.

SoftSword
31st July 2012, 07:20 PM
One of my roommates used to watch F1 on TV. Vera vazhi illama naanum paarthirukken. Rembba kashtam :| Almost missed that epic SA-Aus ODI match because of F1.

f1 culture blore'la dhaan adhigamaa note panen...
sunday noon sarakku adikkalaamnu kaettaa.. mubbaagitta f1 paakka mudiyaadhum... wat the stupid of the nonsense?
but i would excuse those who watch f1... but not those who play farmvilla... office phone call from one end of the floor to other end, 'gift me some cows', 'can u harvest my crops? i am going for a meeting'... :evil:

PS: farmville out of context, but makkals craze is the point.

SoftSword
31st July 2012, 07:25 PM
Calling any form of cricket as a Sport is still problematic for me.

Hence why I equated IPL = WWE.

ok kid cool down.. what is the next number in the series 5, 0, 0, ?

ajithfederer
31st July 2012, 07:28 PM
In terms of constraining wrt time yes i agree. Cricket the longer it is the better it becomes. Mathiyanam star cricket was showing 2nd test sa vs aus h/l of 2008/09 tour and ten was showing yet another ind-sl match. Sandhoshama sa/aus match paathen,

P_R
31st July 2012, 07:36 PM
Anyone following motor sports(?!) on TV?
idhellAm follow paNRAinga 'nRadhE enakku matraasukku vandha piRagu dhaan theriyum.

sattuputtunu puncture otturadhaikooda rasigappa 'what an efficient pitstop!'

kid-glove
31st July 2012, 07:38 PM
F1 Senna vs Prost, Schumi vs Hakkinen is as (if not more) entertaining than Aktar vs Sachin, Mcgrath vs Lara.

Sid_316
31st July 2012, 07:39 PM

Maybe Ipl is the 'footballization wannabe' of cricket. Very true. Desperate attempt to make a 'ok' sport to look exciting. But what they achieved is phellows swinging around like kaatans.Structure/how it's done copy adicha paravalla.. some of them even copy the jerseys :lol2:

But comparing ipl with football :curse:

P_R
31st July 2012, 07:40 PM
Cricket the longer it is the better it becomes. Yes.
porumai illAdha ippo ramasamygaL sort-games pArkkalaam.

Nerd
31st July 2012, 07:40 PM
SS/Bala/P_R - pombaLapiLLaingaLa yEmaaththuRadhaa kashtam.. apdi ipdi samaaLichittEn. But initial reaction same dhaan - idhaiyellaamaa paappa, karumandaa nee.. my family totol damage.

K-g: I have retired from cricket-watching. Also last few years-la cricket = 1 player avLOdhaan. No affinity to any team.

Feddy - indha gear samaachchaaram, inga America-la as you know they take it to an entirely different level. College teamskkellaam gear, adha vERa pala pEr vaangi pOttu suththittu iruppanuva. Also sports bars pakkam pOidavE mudiyaadhE during even college team games :twisted:

F1 - Used to watch. Not bad'nga. Racing-naa oru idhu. Golf - Carlin annaatha comment dhaan.

P_R
31st July 2012, 07:42 PM
This permanently moving, frenzy (energy 'mbAinga, it is frenzy), adrenaline based games all summarily unselected.

They remind me of Peter Griffin having redbull.

Slightly NSFW video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WWOsJDzH-E

Rbee
31st July 2012, 07:43 PM
There are very few sports that can rival football in beauty. I try really hard and inline skating is the only sport that comes to my mind.

PARAMASHIVAN
31st July 2012, 07:45 PM
Anyone *watches* golf here????

2 boring :fatigue: even boring than 5 day Test match!

Anyone following motor sports(?!) on TV? I don't care about subjectivity
I used to follow F1, Super bikes, Rally racing .

kid-glove
31st July 2012, 07:51 PM
Desperate attempt to make a 'ok' sport to look exciting.

This...

It's a poor Sport even in longer format.

Bala (Karthik)
31st July 2012, 07:53 PM
F1 Senna vs Prost, Schumi vs Hakkinen is as (if not more) entertaining than Aktar vs Sachin, Mcgrath vs Lara.
:mad: This is where i sing "enadhu paadhai veru unadhu paadhai veramma...."

SoftSword
31st July 2012, 07:57 PM
idhaiyellaamaa paappa, karumandaa nee.. my family totol damage.
akkaa thangachi kooda porakkala etc., indha ponnungalae ipditthaan esamaan... kutthunga...

Sid_316
31st July 2012, 08:02 PM

Idhu seriya padala i say :shock:

kid-glove
31st July 2012, 08:05 PM
It's not 'Speed', it's 'velocity'. Direction-less imagery, does it come with Cricket?
It's not Frenzy/Adrenaline, it's Fluency/Dynamicity/Mobility.

Conciousness, Reflex, intelligence, precision in this kind of enviornment is far greater.

Continual orchestration of XI vs XI , V vs V, I vs I >> Discrete Set, Bar graph and assembly line ordination

SoftSword
31st July 2012, 08:10 PM
if u talk abt concentration, then the batsman in cricket shd have the most... one mistake, go back and wait until next match... wherein football u can always come back after losing concentration a bit...

venkkiram
31st July 2012, 08:10 PM
கிரிக்கட் - விளையாட்டில் எப்போதுமே எல்லாரும் இயங்கிக் கொண்டிக்க தேவையிருக்காது. அதுவே பெரிய பலவீனம். நானேல்லாம் கிரிக்கட்டை ஒரு விளையாட்டாக மதித்து விளையாடி ஆறு வருடங்கள் ஆகிவிட்டது. ரெண்டு, மூணு மணி நேரம் விளையாடுறோம்னு தான் பேரு. ஐம்பது/அறுபது கலோரி கூட எரிய மாடீங்க்குது.

Sid_316
31st July 2012, 08:17 PM
if u talk abt concentration, then the batsman in cricket shd have the most... one mistake, go back and wait until next match... wherein football u can always come back after losing concentration a bit...

Don't u think batsman are given ample amount of time for adjusting/looking around.Even though they have only fraction of seconds to react it is much better something like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJDGvo3c6v4

If 1 guy goes another guy can pitch in and make the score better in cricket. But inga.. ellarume nalla adanum illana appeatu. This is more a 'team' game than the other.

SoftSword
31st July 2012, 08:21 PM
Don't u think batsman are given ample amount of time for adjusting/looking around.Even though they have only fraction of seconds to react it is much better something like this.

If 1 guy goes another guy can pitch in and make the score better in cricket. But inga.. ellarume nalla adanum illana appeatu. This is more a 'team' game than the other.

11 at a time... but not necessarily the same 11... u got the luxury of playing substitutes when a person is tired or playin poorly...
team game and all - agree.

P_R
31st July 2012, 08:27 PM
Cricket is not a team game.
ellArum sErndhu ardwork paNNi vaazhkkaila munnukku varradhellAm vERa engayAvadhu vachchukkunga.
adhu dhaan sprite of olymbicsnA appadiyApatta gamesE vENdAm.

kid-glove
31st July 2012, 08:32 PM
Every fraction of second is important for the entire duration of the game. You can't get away with just positional sense, you need mobility and superior reading of the game. Re.Patience. True patience is with counter-attacking in football. Because you can't relax and/or leave out all 6 balls in an over. You have to be 'IN' all the time.

Even Weather has its place. Odi poi plastic cover thalaila pOduradhu illa. It could be a problem but also a blessing in disguise.

If you play in a surface where you can't really pass (on the ground), run with the ball, or make runs fluently, you have to adjust your entire tactical setup. Your main playmaker will have to orchestrate, set the tempo of passing, go long/in the air if it's a plough field.

If it rains, passing will get better. A different temperature of passing and style of play is needed. The entire XI need to be in sync. Ball will glide through quicker for every fraction if you play a passing game. I could think of many such matches involving Arsenal, Sid might know, struggled vs Bolton and one of our players (Diaby) got sent off, so we went back 0-2, 10 men down, but as it poured, we started to increase the tempo. Switched our play with diagonal cross-field passes, favoring the more sophisticaed style of play. Came back to win 2-3. Every match is a short fiction. A Season is a long masterpiece.

kid-glove
31st July 2012, 08:35 PM
Even individually, one player could not impact the entire result of the game like Football or Basketball

We have Le Bron, Xavi, complete players who decide the entire tempo, passing range, and overall play, in all 3 aspects, defensive, transition and offensive. This doesn't happen in cricket. Even Kallis, who is a major bore, doesn't impact as much. Period.

venkkiram
31st July 2012, 08:36 PM
Cricket is not a team game. கல்வெட்டுல பதிய வேண்டிய வாக்கியம்!

SoftSword
31st July 2012, 08:50 PM
kid... aaru vithiyaasam paattha mudiyumaa...
different game different features... can a master football player by default excel in a cricketing game? aana naanga paarunga... net practice timela football vlaaduvom..

kid-glove
31st July 2012, 08:51 PM

wizzy
31st July 2012, 08:57 PM
ye call it peace :-)

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/3ITYOllJdgM/0.jpg

ajithfederer
31st July 2012, 08:58 PM
Never heard of Bradman, sobers or viv richards.??

Even individually, one player could not impact the entire result of the game like Football or Basketball

Plum
31st July 2012, 09:08 PM
kashtappattu type pannen, copy panna marandhutten. Post pannappram paatha office matter post aairukku
Indha naasama pona lohin problem innum sariyaahala
idhu parava illayE :huh:. Hub matter-ai office mail-la anuppaRadhu evLO kodumai theriyumA? :oops: :(

(nalla vELai appO kisu kisu threadla illai)

Sid_316
31st July 2012, 09:09 PM
dig

http://us4.memecdn.com/vs_o_167289.jpg

:yessir: :devil:

Plum
31st July 2012, 09:11 PM
//
About 6-7 years ago - had 4-5 chat windows open. Accidentally sent a porno link (link itself was quite descriptive) to the wrong window, a yeng gEL. velavelaththupOittEn. oru 5 sehandukku enna paNNrathunnE theriyalai

:lol: :clap: - you have lived Life, man :thumbsup:

PARAMASHIVAN
31st July 2012, 09:14 PM
kid... aaru vithiyaasam paattha mudiyumaa...
different game different features... can a master football player by default excel in a cricketing game? aana naanga paarunga... net practice timela football vlaaduvom..

aana Footballers practice time la sathiyama Cricket vilada maatanga :lol:

Plum
31st July 2012, 09:18 PM
The philosophy followed by the club will remain intact. Players may go and come but they all play the way they shud. Am generalizing with respect to arsenal here. 7 years they didn't get a trophy/Lost star players but still they play the most eye-catching entertaining football today.

And yes wannabes

enna oru 14 varusham irukkumA? adhuvum Manager change AgAdhadhunAla?

George Graham's Arsenal? adhuvum Wenger's Arsenalum orE MA FlaasafyA?

indha debate I am vEdikkaiyALar - but Club football rasippu based on history ellAm :roll: dhaan

KV
31st July 2012, 09:21 PM
Sepaktakraw - sad that this game has never managed to gain mainstream popularity. Doesn't feature in the Olympics either.
Superhuman agility, razor-sharp reflexes, coordination skills... :clap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CP6ykzsK0M

Plum
31st July 2012, 09:23 PM
BacherlorA irukka sollO Golf, F1 edhaiyum vuttu vechadillai. Tokyola irundhappO baseball kooda pArthurukkEn ArvamA...

Sid_316
31st July 2012, 09:33 PM
enna oru 14 varusham irukkumA? adhuvum Manager change AgAdhadhunAla?

George Graham's Arsenal? adhuvum Wenger's Arsenalum orE MA FlaasafyA?

indha debate I am vEdikkaiyALar - but Club football rasippu based on history ellAm :roll: dhaan

Engeyooo poitel .. 14 years is not a small duration. Even wenger pona kooda i don't think they will change the style.Light ah Modify vena pannuvainga. Because they have set a name to themselves . Big ex : Ajax/Barca/The dutch national team(maybe deviated a little). I was just giving out an example that not all football fans analyze and choose the football club based on history/star players and the trophies.

kid-glove
31st July 2012, 09:39 PM
Hey Flu, not speaking for Sid, but in deed the choice of most Afc fans is for style of play, post-Bergkamp. For history ellam, Man Utd, Pool, Fcb, Real, Milan! I don't like those type of fans, neither do they seek my approval, like fans of Cricket.

When I was to choose a club, it was always down to Db presence, then carried over to Wenger. Even though Keegan's Newcastle were playing best football, my choice was governed by Bergkamp, not Bruce Rioch.

Plum
31st July 2012, 09:42 PM
NO, git , I understand that. me chelski glory hunter because onsappanatime got seduced by Vialli and Zola. But no pleasure in following later Chelsea. (Also, return to India and availability of Cricketum pushed Club football away from mindnum sollalAm).

nALaikku George Graham Arsenal maRubadi vandhA, divorce paNNuvIngaLA?

kid-glove
31st July 2012, 09:45 PM
I will bitch about it. But the bond has been formed after years of association.

PARAMASHIVAN
31st July 2012, 09:48 PM
Even when I was 10 they never used to Coach Cricket as a "Regular" sport in school over here, it was mainly Football, Tennis, Badminton, Squash etc. This explains the popularity of such sport away from the subcontinent/Australia/SA and WI.

KV
31st July 2012, 09:49 PM
idhellAm follow paNRAinga 'nRadhE enakku matraasukku vandha piRagu dhaan theriyum.

sattuputtunu puncture otturadhaikooda rasigappa 'what an efficient pitstop!'

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
irundhaalum, equating motor sports and golf... three much ya yOv :evil:

Nerd
31st July 2012, 11:37 PM
idhu parava illayE :huh:. Hub matter-ai office mail-la anuppaRadhu evLO kodumai theriyumA? :oops: :(

(nalla vELai appO kisu kisu threadla illai)
:rotfl: :rotfl: Was it one of those humility mafia / Look at ma' I am arrogant posts

kid-glove
31st July 2012, 11:48 PM
Flu, you did post one of your office mails as a copy paste in one of your PMs. As a matter of fact, I tracked it back to you. Currently I'm stalking you big time. Do turn on the lights in your hall and wave out of the window.

Soomy
8th August 2012, 02:33 PM
Chinese would beat Indian Cricket in 2020

SoftSword
8th August 2012, 03:14 PM
they hav bought EA sports??

San_K
8th August 2012, 03:29 PM
One of bad things about Cricket is time, even T20 is not eligible for Olympics. May be F5 or T10 (max) :lol:

PARAMASHIVAN
8th August 2012, 03:34 PM
One of bad things about Cricket is time, even T20 is not eligible for Olympics. May be F5 or T10 (max) :lol:

what is that ??

Dinesh84
16th August 2012, 04:37 PM
The two fastest men on the planet want to play in the IPL. See ICC, there's no need to have cricket in the Olympics when Olympians want to play our noble game. :mrgreen:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/page2/content/snippet/576936.html

PARAMASHIVAN
16th August 2012, 05:30 PM
The two fastest men on the planet want to play in the IPL. See ICC, there's no need to have cricket in the Olympics when Olympians want to play our noble game. :mrgreen:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/page2/content/snippet/576936.html

Not surprised , because they are both Jamaican and it is their national sport!