PDA

View Full Version : Important Notice to Hubbers of this Section

NOV
1st February 2005, 12:56 PM
Due to several requests to activate the History sections from the old Forum Hub, we have decided to open this section on an experimental basis. We also have been encouraged by sensible and mature discussions taking place in Misc. section currently.

As all previous Hubbers know, the deterioration of the old Forum Hub began at the History sections; we will ensure that 'history' is not repeated here.

Much as we don't wish for any form of moderation, we have no choice but to disallow discussions on caste and religion, unless such discussions are purely academic, and for the benefit of all.

Spreading hatred and any form of religious propogation is disallowed. To maintain a clean forum, we reserve the right to delete any postings or threads that run in contrary to these requirements.

As mentioned earlier, this Indian History and Culture Section is being opened on a trial basis and whether it is continued or not, will depend on how clean, discussions are being held. So the future of this section is really in your hands now.

Please help us in keeping The Hub a good place for mature and intelligent discussions.

napolims445
2nd February 2005, 12:59 AM
This is about indian culture and civilisation not about tamil culture and civilisation..
Post anything related to ur tamil culture topic..not here... :evil:

Idiappam
2nd February 2005, 02:40 AM
This is about indian culture and civilisation not about tamil culture and civilisation..
Post anything related to ur tamil culture topic..not here...

There we go again.. Sigh... What is INDIAN culture??

napolims445
2nd February 2005, 03:55 AM
Indian culture is not talking only about tamil culture but it is about culture as a whole.Stop bragging about tamil in this topic ...u can post all ur tamil bragging in tamil history and culture topic..NOT HERE...... :evil:

NOV
2nd February 2005, 06:06 AM
Tamil culture and history is very much part of Indian culture and history. There are no plans for any other seperate sections.

Unlike the earlier Forum, nonsense will not be tolerated here.
Please read http://www.forumhub.lunarpages.com/docs/HubPolicies.htm
for guidelines on posting in The Hub.

geno
2nd February 2005, 06:21 AM
NOV,

Would you keep the older threads in the archives for some more time? - so that we can parse if there are any useful and relevant info - and save them - from the older threads?

NOV
2nd February 2005, 06:25 AM
Yes Geno, we are already doing that.
The Tamil History threads have been transfered first. Old Indian History threads will be migrated next.

Sifting through piles of muck, is delaying the migration, so patience please. :)

Mad Max
2nd February 2005, 07:38 AM
Sifting through piles of muck, is delaying the migration, so patience please. :)
Muck? Where? :D :mrgreen: :D

Mad Max
2nd February 2005, 07:41 AM
I think I had beter leave this thread before NOV comes after me with a sawn-off shotgun!

:D :mrgreen: :D

napolims445
2nd February 2005, 08:48 PM
This is to NOV's response..

Ha...i think u dont understand english well..
That's what I told- Tamil history is a part of Indian history...
not indian history itself...In this section people talk about tamil history being indian history which is absolutely wrong. Post ur exclusive tamil topics to the relevant sections.

RR
2nd February 2005, 09:48 PM

There.. you've explained it yourself.. Now read NOV's msgs above, you'll understand us better. If you still have any concerns, pm me or NOV to get clarified.

son
2nd February 2005, 10:49 PM
well blocking the old hub history section will lead to all the pests coming into this new forum
so lez be careful. :huh:
pls delete napo... id

Sudhaama
2nd February 2005, 10:55 PM
My Dear Administrators,

Glad... Many Thanks... for this... Resurrection.... of a Lively, Interesting Topic, on which...

... Every Reader of this Grerat... "Democratic"... Forum has...

... Something to Say... Something to Know... Something to Differ... Something to Oppose.... Something to Criticise... Something to Argue ... Something to Exchange.... Something to Correct... Something to Introspect... Something to Add-up ... Something to Improve ! ...

... But... But... But... Many-things to Learn!! ... and A Lot Lot Lot-Things to Enjoy too....!!!

From the Diversified Thoughts poured out in your various Threads of your Old-Forum, continuing here too... I find.... several dignified Personages ... like Mr. Geno... who possess a vast Knowledge of Culture, History and Social-Issues. I wish them continue here too enthusiastically...

... but... in an Unfailingly... Healthy Healthy Healthy manner Only... as you have duly Stipulated.

The Old-Bandicoots like me....who are Living with you ... my Dear Administrators .... Right from your Old-Hub.... and have Climbed up to this New-Hub too... had Enough and Enough of Unpalatability too... in such Threads... coupled with hidden Delicacies and Open-Embarassments ... for You... as well as ... We... the Innocent Readers.

So as to Nullify ... the Possibilty... or even... Probability..... Towards such...

... Undue Hatred, Unfair Mud-slingings, Unjust Fanaticism and In-Human Venom-Spitting...

... either... on any Individual or Group of People... Anywhere in the Globe... Present or Past...

I request you to implement the following ....

... Preventive-Measures... in furtherance of your... Wise... Far-sighted....

... Precautionary Measures... you have... already implemented.... Hats off to You All.

(1) Please Give Full Freedom of Expression... to One and All the Vibgyor-Readers of various Hues of Thoughts, Diverse opinions, Contra-distinctory Principles, Combative factors of Reality, Outburst of Destitutes.... and so on.

One may say... there exists God... Another may Say No... One may Say... Tamil is a Great Language ... Another may say No.... One may Say the Indian Culture is the Best and of high heritage and Eternal Humanism... Another may say No.... and so on... and so forth.

... But Under NO Circumstances... "You will take"... ------ lly ....----- lly..... ----- lly

... a Whip .... in your Hands .... and... Wipe-out... Anybody's Statements here ....

... "Unless" ... and... "Until"... You find... anything Derogatary, Defamative, Insulting... or the like...

.. Targeted towards any Individual or Group or Culture or Customs or Faiths or Beliefs ...

... Pertaining... to those ... here in this Forum ... or even an alien... past or the Present.

In other cases, you feel... that some malicious trend does not deserve to continue... or feared to lead to.... or something deserve to be deleted....

Please Give us a chance... to Speak... Re-think... Introspect... and... Retrace the Steps ...

.... And .... Nobody... should become ... Stalins... Neither You.... Nor / And... We... T(w)o..o.

Well... I am glad and Proud to Comment that ...Aleady you have taken some...

... Sound .. Precautionary Measures .. by Fencing the Hub...providing a Gate with a Gate-Keeper...

... But ... Let the Gate-keeper perform ... his Duty within... His.... Limits ... Only...

.... and .... Not beyond ... by forcible Occupation as .... the Judge !!!

Because... This... Forum ... "The Hub"..... is ... "No-more".... Your-Forum....

... but.... "Our-Forum" .. Comprising of.. U & I...

... Resulting in.... V ... for both's..... Healthy !...&... Great !!... Interests !!!

Dear Reader-Friends,

We ... T(w)o...oo !!! ..Let us all Co-operate... Not only... with the Administrators...

... but also... amongst Ourselves.... Mutually... without Spitting.... on Others...

... because... We are all ... Well-cultured... Born-Gentlemen... and... (Innate-Gentle) Ladies !!!

... and... Thus Enjoy at this... Good opportunity... of... "Healthy Gobal-Assembly !!!

Querida
3rd February 2005, 03:04 AM
This is to NOV's response..

Ha...i think u dont understand english well..
not indian history itself...In this section people talk about tamil history being indian history which is absolutely wrong. Post ur exclusive tamil topics to the relevant sections.

i hope im not stepping out of my league...but admins i would like to suggest that since napolim445 seems so passionate about what indian history is maybe he/she would like to start a thread about it and share what they think indian history is...for sure no one is opposing that...i agree tamil history does not encompass all of indian history but also si a vital part of it...so tell us the rest of the story then?

Sudhaama
3rd February 2005, 05:24 AM
napolims

//..... .Stop bragging about tamil in this topic ...u can post all ur tamil bragging in tamil history and culture topic..NOT HERE...... :evil: //

Mr Napolims,

Tamilian-Culture is.... No Doubt... part of Indian-Culture... You have rightly pointed out... which on the whole is the Pride of every Indian.

But please don't say...that ... Tamilians are... ...

... "Bragging".... about their... Most Ancient ... Culture....

... The Origin of Humanity at the Banks of Saraswathi River in North India.

.... There is ... "Nothing"... to ...."Brag"... but a Factual History.

If You don't know... please ask about it... How ? and What?

There are people here ... who can convince you ... based on Facts....

... if you are Open-minded to know the True History....

... and Not the Cooked-up history ... Concocted by the British...

.... To suit their Colonial Rule ... by Divide and Rule Policy.!

For God's sake, please don't indulge in such loose comments... out of Ignorance. !

NOV
3rd February 2005, 06:23 AM
Thanks everyone for your views. We are glad that most people here also wish to see a clean forum.

Sudharma, your writing style, although unique, is not reader-friendly and many ppl may skim thru and miss out important things you want to say.
We had allowed a free-for-all in the old Forum Hub and have suffered for it, thus we are determined to keep this place - our new home - clean and suitable for healthy discussions. Much as we would like not to interfere in discussions, the level of moderation will depend entirely on fellow hubbers. The guidelines are there for everyone to see.

son & Querida

Banning of any hubber will be the last resort, not the first.
Let us educate people, instead of meting out punishments. But of course, deviants and trouble-mongers cannot be educated and that's a different story.

The precise reason of a discussion board is to examine different point of views and we are not stopping anyone from putting forth their opinion, with basis and in a respectful manner.

Let us together build a Hub of mature, intelligent discussions.

napolims445
4th February 2005, 01:03 AM
I very well know that the origin of humanity was in our country as u say on the banks of saraswati. That is Indian history. But Tamil is not the origin of Indian history nor is tamil the first civilisation/people in India or earth..

Forget it....I don't want to argue in this forum because it seems to me there are a bunch of fools here

there is a an ancient non tamil proverb-"Never argue with a fool".
Bye

Guyana
4th February 2005, 01:43 AM
:lol: :P

Give credits where they belong. Why adopt the ideas of others then discard the evidence? I guess it is not a good feeling to show you have adopted the idead of low coolies:

http://guyanafriends.com/6/ubb.x?cdra=Y&s=890601562

aravindhan
4th February 2005, 06:11 AM
Indian culture is not talking only about tamil culture but it is about culture as a whole.Stop bragging about tamil in this topic ...u can post all ur tamil bragging in tamil history and culture topic..NOT HERE...... :evil:

Dear napolims, when we speak of Indian culture we speak of the whole and also of the parts. It is quite appropriate to discuss Tamil culture, Malayali culture, Kannadiga culture, Kashmiri culture, Bihari culture, Munda culture, Naga culture and the cultures and histories of any of the diverse peoples who live in or originate from the South Asian region. Since a large number of the people here are Tamil, it is but natural that most threads will tend to talk of topics that interest Tamils, but you really should feel free to start discussions on any other Indian cultural or historical topic that interests you.

Idiappam
5th February 2005, 12:26 AM
Aiyaiyo samy! Aiyaiyo samy!

Put it simple da! When we eat Sambar Idli or Idiappam that the Tamils invented - we are actually eating Indian Food.

So when we talk Tamil Culture, we are actually talking Indian Culture.

Clear??

Sudhaama
5th February 2005, 12:55 AM
My Dear Administrators,

Glad... Many Thanks... for this... Resurrection.... of... a Lively, Interesting

... Topic of Indian History & Culture... on which...

... Every Reader of this Grerat... "Democratic"... Forum has...

... Something to Say... Something to Know... Something to Differ... Something to Oppose.... Something to Criticise... Something to Argue ... Something to Exchange.... Something to Correct... Something to Introspect... Something to Add-up ... Something to Improve ! ...

... But... But... But... Many-things to Learn!! ... and A Lot Lot Lot-Things to Enjoy too....!!!

From the Diversified Thoughts poured out in your various Threads of your Old-Forum, continuing here too... I find.... several dignified Personages ... like Mr. Geno... who possess a vast Knowledge of Culture, History and Social-Issues. I wish them continue here too enthusiastically...

... but... in an Unfailingly... Healthy Healthy Healthy manner Only... as you have duly Stipulated.

The Old-Bandicoots like me....who are Living with you ... my Dear Administrators .... Right from your Old-Hub.... and have Climbed up to this New-Hub too... had Enough and Enough of Unpalatability too... in such Threads... coupled with hidden Delicacies and Open-Embarassments ... for You... as well as ... We... the Innocent Readers.

So as to Nullify ... the Possibilty... or even... Probability..... Towards such...

... Undue Hatred, Unfair Mud-slingings, Unjust Fanaticism and In-Human Venom-Spitting...

... either... on any Individual or Group of People... Anywhere in the Globe... Present or Past...

I request you to implement the following ....

... Preventive-Measures... in furtherance of your... Wise... Far-sighted....

... Precautionary Measures... you have... already implemented.... Hats off to You All.

(1) Please Give Full Freedom of Expression... to One and All the Vibgyor-Readers of various Hues of Thoughts, Diverse opinions, Contra-distinctory Principles, Combative factors of Reality, Outburst of Destitutes.... and so on.

One may say... there exists God... Another may Say No... One may Say... Tamil is a Great Language ... Another may say No.... One may Say the Indian Culture is the Best and of high heritage and Eternal Humanism... Another may say No.... and so on... and so forth.

... But Under NO Circumstances... "You will take"... ------ lly ....----- lly..... ----- lly

... a Whip .... in your Hands .... and... Wipe-out... Anybody's Statements here ....

... "Unless" ... and... "Until"... You find... anything Derogatary, Defamative, Insulting... or the like...

.. Targeted towards any Individual or Group or Culture or Customs or Faiths or Beliefs ...

... Pertaining... to those ... here in this Forum ... or even an alien... past or the Present.

In other cases, you feel... that some malicious trend does not deserve to continue... or feared to lead to.... or something deserve to be deleted....

Please Give us a chance... to Speak... Re-think... Introspect... and... Retrace the Steps ...

.... And .... Nobody... should become ... Stalins... Neither You.... Nor / And... We... T(w)o..o.

Well... I am glad and Proud to Comment that ...Aleady you have taken some...

... Sound .. Precautionary Measures .. by Fencing the Hub...providing a Gate with a Gate-Keeper...

... But ... Let the Gate-keeper perform ... his Duty within... His.... Limits ... Only...

.... and .... Not beyond ... by forcible Occupation as .... the Judge !!!

Because... This... Forum ... "The Hub"..... is ... "No-more".... Your-Forum....

... but.... "Our-Forum" .. Comprising of.. U & I...

... Resulting in.... V ... for both's..... Healthy !...&... Great !!... Interests !!!

Dear Reader-Friends,

We ... T(w)o...oo !!! ..Let us all Co-operate... Not only... with the Administrators...

... but also... amongst Ourselves.... Mutually... without Spitting.... on Others...

... because... We are all ... Well-cultured... Born-Gentlemen... and... (Innate-Gentle) Ladies !!!

... and... Thus Enjoy at this... Good opportunity... of... "Healthy Gobal-Assembly !!!

BEST HAPPINESS comes from... The QUALITY of Life ...
... ensuring a... ROYAL-WALK.... KEEPING THE HEAD HIGH !!!

Sudhaama
5th February 2005, 01:01 AM
Dear Administrators

I agree ... Radically... with Cinefan...

On Deletion ... of... the Thread... "JJ Vs Jayendra".

I have already put forth a detailed posting ... addressed to the Administarators...in that .... Section..... on Indian-Culture.

I am much UPSET to see the Luke-warm ...

... and ------ Response !!!... I got.. from the... Judge... Moderator ???...!!!

Why should you be allergic ... to any discussion ... when it turns into an Argument... It is the Reality of Life ... my Dear Administarators.

Why there are Courts of Laws... existing in each and every Country ?

... To allow for the fair chances... of Arguments from all the Relevant Corners...

... Accused and the Defendants... the Deadly Opponents as well...!!!

... Why?... what for ?... Only Arguments show light on the Truth...

Because ... it is the Scientific Approach... of what?.. Why?...and How?

You administrators... will not even pre-inform or Caution, or Warn or Advise ...

... the Persons Concerned... enabling them to Re-think, Realise, or even ....

... perhaps .. Repeant ....and Note it .... as a Blow... for Future Guidance..

.... For.. anybody.... in any Thread.... at any time... in Future..

aravindhan
5th February 2005, 02:59 AM
When we eat Sambar Idli or Idiappam

You're a cannibal???

Surya
5th February 2005, 09:04 AM
Ur a cannibal?

:lol: :lol: :rotfl: Good one!!

Admin/moderators,
Why was the JJ vs Jeyendrar deleted anyway? :? People were maintaining decorum right?

NOV
5th February 2005, 04:05 PM
Hmmm.
Why are matters outside the scope of this Section, being discussed here? Please go here: http://forumhub.lunarpages.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=63050 for further discussions on Kanchi Mutt thread issues.

Guyana
17th February 2005, 09:24 PM
Sudhaama - post from Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:54 pm

>>... and Not the Cooked-up history ... Concocted by the British...

.... To suit their Colonial Rule ... by Divide and Rule Policy.! <<

Yea, they believe people from Guyana should not be here, but they can, coming here disguised. Now tell me who is the .... etc. They will stop to any length to get what they want. It should be known why they did not want “me” here.

Guyana
17th February 2005, 11:05 PM
I mean disuised English telling me not to come here, but they can.

virarajendra
20th February 2005, 02:25 PM
Dear Moderator,
You have referred in your Thread above as follows.

"....we have no choice but to disallow discussions on caste and religion, <u>unless such discussions are purely academic, and for the benefit of all</u>...."

I have two threads to be opened on Savite Religion which I feel "could be classified as academic" without injuring the feelings of the followers of other religions.

Do you approve such propositions ??? Please advice.

NOV
20th February 2005, 06:51 PM
virarajendra, pls observe the following rules:

1. No propagation.
2. No comparing or bashing of other beliefs.

As long as discussions are held academically, there is no reason why we should disallow that. Pls go ahead. And pls take responsibility for your thread. TQ.

virarajendra
25th February 2005, 11:45 PM
Dear Moderator,

We find it difficult to edit our own postings since of late.

When you Log in with your own User Name & Password go to your own post, for editing and then when you "submit" - the reading displayed always says "you can only edit you own post" and we thereby find it difficult to see the editing taking effect in our own posts.

The system is not working properly I presume

EdenWoods
28th February 2005, 03:27 PM
A request:
I was a silent reader of the abusive posts - appalling in their lack of sensitivity, objectivity, and manners- reeking with casteist and religious hatred - made by two persons: viz. one "KARUVAYAN" and the other by the name "TONY/TONY Azzgun".
PLease bar any posts from these two persons if you wish to keep your discussions at a decent level. Even if they come under aliases it is easy to recognise the posts from these persons due to their unchanging style, bad language construction, and their pet obsessions. Hope you keep a watch..
This is a humble request.

RR
21st March 2005, 12:56 PM
Pls note
1. Some threads are temporarily down for moderation.
2. NOV is away for a while and I'm covering him. If there's any abuse, do pm me.

RR
7th April 2005, 07:05 AM
As we are unable to effectively moderate the 'Indian History' forum at present, it has been closed (for posting) temporarily. Pls check back later.

RR
13th June 2005, 07:50 AM
Hi all,

Happy to tell you that the history and culture section is up again! This is our second trial and I hope you'll help us keep it a place for cleaner and enlightening discussions. We have some Do's and Don'ts, pls go through them:

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=3719

Have fun!

malligai
13th June 2005, 12:37 PM
Hi RR,

The hub seems to be full of 'do's and dont's' these days. But u people dont have to worry about it.
Everything that is being debated here, with utmost importance is "who is the next 'thalai'-Ajith or Vijay?". :lol: :lol:

[oops..sorry, A & V fans. I cant help it, if I find such topics dumb.. :lol: ].

Surya
13th June 2005, 10:05 PM
Mr.RR!

Thanks a bunch!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sandeep
4th November 2005, 10:30 AM
WHY ARE WE LIKE THIS :x

Take any topic here you can see the fight between believers and non-believers.

Believers are just going on writing stories without giving any sense of history. No dates, no referense to actual history, no background of the social situation prevalant. They go on like 'Once upon a time there was a king'. No that is not the way discuss about historical persons like Shankaracharia, Sri Krishna or Ramanuja.

Non-believers are no better, they also have only on propaganda to prove themselves are SPECIAL by ridiculing at others. Do they try to provide any historical perspective, NO. All they do is feed thier EGO with the false sense of superior beliefs. Actually they are not non-believers they are just believers of a religion called science.

Sudhaama
5th November 2005, 12:03 AM
"Sandeep"]WHY ARE WE LIKE THIS :x

//Take any topic here you can see the fight between believers and non-believers.//

Yes.. I agree.

The lofty Scope of this International-forum is to facilitate multifareous thoughts from all over the Global Society to flow in...

...thus making it an interesting Reading matter for any COMMONMAN anywhere in the World..

Consequently the Rich knowledge confined within the Brains of many,.. is able to flow out ... to the benefit of the millions of seekers elsewhere... spending their useful time.

So if the trend of postings is a progressive approach of healthy discussions or debates... well, it can serve the Purpose and Spirit of a Forum.

But we notice that there are some Hubbers who as a PERSONAL PRINCIPLE... have framed a staunch Faith... rather a Preset Belief, Cult or Sect for their own... Yes, Nothing wrong in it, to have so.. But what affects others is...

... either when they try to THRUST THEIR PERSONAL FAITHS OR BELIEFS... on others

.. or when they CONTRADICT... other persons PARALLEL FAITHS AND BELIEFS..

For example.. if one Christian believes that Jesus Christ is the Supreme Saviour unparallel... well I must understand him ...

.. and duly honour it as his personal belief... even though my personal frame is different or even may be contrary. If I don't feel so, I cannot deem myself as a Gentleman.... fit for a Public-Forum of this stature.

Especially I should not say or do anything which will hurt the other persons sentiments or faith.... whatever it be... Islam, Budhism, Shapeless or Shapeful God... India is Great or America is Great...Best Language Tamil or not... Glorious Literature Thirukkuralh or not...

...or some such Topics... Yes or No... on different subjects on various aspects

If I want I can openly declare ... "My Mother is Great"...

But I should not say or mean to another person... " Your Mother is NOT GREAT or as.... Greater or Greatest is mine"...

If I indulge so in public, then I am Unethical and of Mean mentaity undeserving to be treated as a Friend amongst the Society of sorts.

But what we see here is... that some Hubbers are the habitual PROTESTERS to anything and everything whatever they find DIFFERENT OR CONTRARY to their individual Frame of mind..

Is it good for the Furum?... and EVEN FOR such of the Hubbers THEMSELVES.?

They have to INTROSPECT.... I leave it to them

//Believers are just going on writing stories without giving any sense of history. No dates, no referense to actual history, no background of the social situation prevalant. They go on like 'Once upon a time there was a king'. No that is not the way discuss about historical persons like Shankaracharia, Sri Krishna or Ramanuja.//

Look my dear friend... this is a public forum of various Hubbers of whole or partial knowledge... Everybody may not be able to put forth their knowledge authentically with proofs. But they are sure of their genuinity.

For example ... take the case of myself... Sitting at America, I am posting and discussing on various Topics... Have I any proof with me here?... Not even a book of Reference I have.. But I am able to firmly assert that whatever I say are GENUINE AND NOT LOOSE TALK.. .because I have gained such knowledge from various sources like... reading books in different Libraries, Scholarly discussions, Seminars and Conferences and the like... during the past about 70 years ...

And in most of them... they have not presented me... any proof. Even if they had presented such evidence or proof several decades back... I dont have them now with me.

Please advise me... Should I continue to participate here... or Quit?

Besides... if everybody starts writing so.... it will become A SCHOOL- HISTORY- CLASS ... which sort of presentation, you know how much interesting can be....

Please imagine... I have come to your house as your Friend along with some other similars...

.. and We and You are discussing on various Topics of Common- interest. Will you ask me or the any other proofs..?

Then nobody can proceed with the Friendly discussions.

At the maximum... the other persaon, the opponent may disagree on a point. Then it becomes the Responsibility for the Defender to establish in the manner he prefers and is able to. We have to leave at that.

//Non-believers are no better, they also have only on propaganda to prove themselves are SPECIAL by ridiculing at others. Do they try to provide any historical perspective, NO. All they do is feed thier EGO with the false sense of superior beliefs. Actually they are not non-believers they are just believers of a religion called science//

I don't agree... Religion and Science are far different... needing diamentrically opposite approach...

But BOTH are VITAL FOR MANKIND...

Here, all the opponents Views ... You mean Scientific.?

Sandeep
7th November 2005, 07:54 AM
Sudhamaji,

I am not suggesting that proves need to be presented as this is not a Court of Law.

I dont know how to explain it but Sudhamaji what we need is something between 'Amar Chitra Kadha' and History text book. Many be something like the Discovery of India.

Sudhaama
7th November 2005, 09:04 AM
Sudhamaji,

I am not suggesting that proves need to be presented as this is not a Court of Law.

I dont know how to explain it but Sudhamaji what we need is something between 'Amar Chitra Kadha' and History text book. Many be something like the Discovery of India.

This Forum is NOT JUST ONE MAN-SHOW... but conducted by several Hubber- participants....

In my Opinion... as of now, we all are presenting in a better manner than the models you have quoted ... towards common interest..

However according to your opinion and wish, if I or anybody is unable to present it in a lively and interesting manner,

... then you or anybody else too...are welcome to initiate a novel trend of different approach... to IMPROVE IT in the way you may feel it proper and better.

.. I will support and co-operate with it... commensurate with its worth.

sivajayan
7th November 2005, 05:00 PM
Can anybody please tell me the meaning of this thread namely
"Important Notice to Hubbers of this Section"?
I come in here to learn the importance of this section and what do I see? I mean what do I read?

Uthappam
7th November 2005, 11:21 PM
Please advise me... Should I continue to participate here... or Quit?
don't go, Sudhama. Stay. You posting so many things we all can fight over. Stay. without you the place will get a little boring.

Take my advice! Stay!

:cry: Nobody takes my advice seriousely! "Sigh" :cry:

devapriya
18th January 2006, 11:04 AM
Friends,

Most of friends repeat the previous posts and comment a word or Two, WHICH occupies lot of disk space, Can this be avoided, unless really important.

bis_mala
19th January 2006, 04:30 AM
Friends,

Most of friends repeat the previous posts and comment a word or Two, WHICH occupies lot of disk space, Can this be avoided, unless really important.

Good suggestion Devapriya! You may have the support of Solomon = Ancheneya = PaulThomas = Pavitra and others, e.g. me. But are you able to allay their fears that you might go and edit your posts once a dispute on the posts or comments develops. Using the quote option may also facilitate easy ref.

But maybe, we should use the quote feature only for important posts.

rajraj
19th January 2006, 05:03 AM
Mala: You can quote and delete the lines that are not needed for the response. That saves space.

RR
12th February 2006, 12:01 PM
Deleted thread "Are Dalits Hindu?". Too racist. Pls read the do's & dont's (http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=3719) before starting a thread.

rw_2005
13th February 2006, 05:18 PM
RR

"Are Dalits Hindus" is not too racist. This can be discussed. By deleting, you are totally agreeing to those who cover up the real facts. Be fair in your judegement.

mohanraman
1st April 2006, 12:31 AM
Dear moderator and friends,
I have been a registered member for about 6 months plus and this was primarily because of the hub featuring in a TV serial.I have been silent for a long time and started posting sporadically that too in the film and tv sections.In fact over the past few weeks I have been reading the Indian History/culture sector and find it very disturbing to say the least.
So much of animosity....hate....parochialism. Everyone must love their mother tongue,their state/city etc this must also spread to the Nation...willy nilly we are a sovereign, democratic and secular republic...let us strive to keep this forum as one too.Start any thread but ensure that you do not indulge in chauvinism.Any mention of anything is resulting in discussions which transcend limits of decency.I can only suggest one thing to all....If someone starts a thread that Shakespeare was an Aryan....I beseech others not to enter it and taunt him.....you start a thread & claim him to be a dravidian.....all those in favour of one will post it there and the others in the other thread...neutral,knowledge/information seekers will read both threads and come to their own conclusions.....I really want to know can there be no thread without someone flaunting his or her superiority or deprecating the others......It is this kind of fundamentalism that leads to extremism.....moderators should not be called upon to police the forum, it is for us to be in restraint....both while starting a thread and when responding.I am sorry to have said all this but it pained me so much that I wanted to let it out....without hurting anyone's feelings.I think I better stick to more humane topics like old tamil films/TV or english literature. :cry: :cry: :cry: :? :? :?

pavalamani pragasam
1st April 2006, 08:02 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

NOV
1st April 2006, 08:46 AM
I have been a registered member for about 6 months plus and this was primarily because of the hub featuring in a TV serial.

moderators should not be called upon to police the forum, it is for us to be in restraint....both while starting a thread and when responding. :thumbsup: Thank you so much for your much needed advise.
Yours is a very lonely sane voice and we sincerely hope that this perspective will not be ignored by Hubbers.

I have mentioned this many times: moderators don't want to stick out and rather wish to be in the farthest background, but we are forced to show our face now and then to ensure that a sufficiently decent and reasonable environment is available for the intellligent Hubber to participate.

BTW, which TV serial and what was the background about? :)

dsath
2nd April 2006, 02:10 AM
well spoken mohanraman.

mohanraman
4th April 2006, 04:13 PM
It was serial in which I act, Chidambara Rahasiyam, in it, there were references to a forum in which some postings were made etc, then I think the director changed the "hub" to something else...I came to know through him of the existence of such a forum, thought it will be nice to know what people are saying about the work we do, or think we do...I joined and just kept reading...no postings at all...till one day I piped in.....I still feel that we can all work together to make this or any other platform very relevant and useful...if we start behaving like pro politicians, then we have no right to blame them for all our problems.My kudos to all of you who keep this a liveable space, we , the hubbers must make it loveable. :roll: :oops: :roll:

bingleguy
4th April 2006, 04:24 PM
I still feel that we can all work together to make this or any other platform very relevant and useful...if we start behaving like pro politicians, then we have no right to blame them for all our problems.My kudos to all of you who keep this a liveable space, we , the hubbers must make it loveable. :roll: :oops: :roll:

Well said Mohanraman sir ! The control s within ourselves n wish that everybody has their own control n mend their own existence n say in the hub ! The hubbers are good in discussing the plus n minus of many things ... n this is the first hub which i saw that has a discussion section on TV ... n u can see a lot of inputs, feedbacks ...
i wish all the TV, Silver screen actors have just to peep in to find what ppl think about their acting ! simple feedback
U know sir ... my first inspiration was the Chidambara Rahasiyam thread ... n my first post was that i guess ! n i had a chance to speak to Mr. Naaga ! that was possible only thru HUB ...

This HUB is a happenning place !

pavalamani pragasam
4th April 2006, 06:46 PM
Wow!!! mohanraman? Are you the same doing the editor role? Whenever I saw the pages of forum shown in the serial I wondered how closely they resembled our forumhub! 'Chidambara ragasiyam' is the ONLY serial I see in TV! Whenever I happen to miss seeing an episode I rush soon after to our Hub's thread giving the narration! I immensely enjoyed 'Marma desam' also.

mohanraman
6th April 2006, 12:01 AM
Yes, I plead guilty, I do the role of Kumaraguru in chidambara rahasiyam and srinivasan in anandam and so on.
Lovely to interact with all of you.

pavalamani pragasam
6th April 2006, 08:45 AM
Fantastic! So humorous & witty too! You are great, mohanraman! We are very proud to have such a talented artist amidst us!

goodsense
13th April 2006, 09:34 AM
I thought it was clear in this thread that "personal attacks" would not be allowed. Why is it allowed in the "Do spirits exist" thread while the attacker is also spamming the thread?

Can one ever have any freedom from these pest?

sundararaj
31st December 2006, 03:00 PM
:roll: :confused2:

goodsense
13th January 2007, 10:02 PM
At the time I posted here, I thought the DOs and DONTS covered all sections of the hub, not just this section. Sorry. :? :sigh2: