PDA

View Full Version : Neethane En Ponvasantham | Yeto Vellipoyindhi Manasu | Assi Nabbe Poorey Sau

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
15th August 2012, 08:23 PM
GVM asked for 'simple' tunes. (i.e, not those complicated ones appreciated by a handful).

செலெக்சன் இந்தாள் தானே! நல்லாருந்தா மொட்டை. இல்லேன்னா இந்தாளு. சிம்பிள்! ஆனா நல்லாத்தானிருக்கப்போவுது. புதுசாவும் கூட!

சூரியன் ஒண்ணுதான். நேரா பாக்க முடியாது. கண்ணுல போட்டு பாக்குர கண்ணாடி தான் வேற வேற

Sureshs65
15th August 2012, 09:20 PM
skv,

I don't think teja can read Tamil.

Anyway I agree with him that it is premature to pass any sort of judgement now. But then, the whole fun of a bulletin board lies in passing judgement now and then no? :D

Bala (Karthik)
15th August 2012, 09:51 PM
Jaya TV intree on. Fantastic start

raajarasigan
15th August 2012, 10:11 PM
watching Neeye en pon vasantham in Jaya TV.. first time, feeling IR's speech a bit artificial... remba english'la pesarar... (gautham effect)... :D

Bala (Karthik)
15th August 2012, 10:14 PM
One would think there was even a hint of boredom or two from Swamigal :lol: but I like the way it's gone so far. Centered around composition

raajarasigan
15th August 2012, 10:19 PM
ippo thAnyA form'kku varaar .. :p

Nerd
15th August 2012, 10:21 PM
remba english'la pesarar... (gautham effect)... :D
Seen this happen on at least a couple of occasions on the past. Pazhassi NA intree and Vijay TV intree. Inglis mEla konjam kaadhal adhigamaayiduchu..

Btw any new song clippings?

raajarasigan
15th August 2012, 10:23 PM
sAindhu sAindhu vara mAdhiri theriyuthu.. break vutAng...

"they identified themselves in my tune" :noworthy:

Bala (Karthik)
15th August 2012, 10:24 PM
No new cuttings. Interview promo is Saindhu Saindhu based

Kaudham: "I think I agree with you sir" :lol:

app_engine
15th August 2012, 10:30 PM
watching Neeye en pon vasantham in Jaya TV.. first time, feeling IR's speech a bit artificial... remba english'la pesarar... (gautham effect)... :D

IPR?
(iLaya peter rAjA) :-)

Bala (Karthik)
15th August 2012, 10:35 PM
Swamigal: "Naane naduvula ungalta ketten, neenga kashtappadumbodhu- youth subject, Yuvan illa vera yaraiyavadhu vechu pannirukkalaame? Yen kashtappadreenga?" - wonder what...

And Kavudham :notworthy:

raajarasigan
15th August 2012, 10:36 PM
mudinchu... nice program... Gautham vevarama konjam ushArA thAn pEsunAr... Ennodu Vaa Vaa sounds better in the program when compared to youtube version... so far, sAindhu sAindhu is better than ennodu vaa..

fingers crossed for a great album.. :D

Bala (Karthik)
15th August 2012, 10:36 PM
They ended with the third song. Pallavi and the filler after each line is definitely in the S.A Rajkumar ball park

Plum
15th August 2012, 10:39 PM
muzhu pAttum aduiovum release paNNAlozhiya kEkkaRadhillai. Ipdi thaLli thalLi pOttu bit bitA release paNNinA curious Agi bit pAttellAm kEtturuvOmA? nadakkAdhudi (kauvdham) maganE!

EnyA bit bitA kEttu vimarsanam paNdrInga. muzhusA varattum (vandhAlum thERRA mAdhiri theriyalai adhu vERA vishayam)

Bala (Karthik)
15th August 2012, 10:39 PM
//Dig: just to make a point/clarification. Gautham is not artificial. It's his natural state to break into English (neenga imply panneenga nu sollala...)

Nerd
15th August 2012, 10:40 PM
Third song?

raajarasigan
15th August 2012, 10:42 PM
yes yes.. I didn't find Gautham artificial... gautham kooda pazhagi, IR'kku ottikkichu... :)

Bala (Karthik)
15th August 2012, 10:42 PM
I meant Ennodu (3rd song)...

Gregorysab
15th August 2012, 10:49 PM
Genuine koschen: Is GVM promoting NEPV film or just Saindhu Saindhu! There are 8 songs in this film and for all the talk so far (not just this TV show, but the whole bunch of news articles, interviews etc), only Saindhu Saindhu seems to be getting all the limelight!

A small film like Padithurai, which never got released, promoted atleast 3 songs in a Tv show.

And my take about the this TV show (from the instinctive understanding of tamil I listened there): I wont call it bad, but I didnt find any value-addition to the existing information that we all know. I mean, to put it correctly, I felt GVM has televised the "Baradwaj Rangan interview with GVM". It looked as if that BR interview was the script for this TV show. Nothing more. Nothing less.

San_K
15th August 2012, 10:51 PM
Ennoda vaa enru solla maateen
Unnai vittu veru engum poga matten

Lyrics by our Raaja

Idhu theriyaama thittutteengale paa :lol:

BTW I liked those simple lines, It is like a kural you should take two lines to understand

baroque
15th August 2012, 10:54 PM
I didn't find Gautham artificial... gautham kooda pazhagi, IR'kku ottikkichu...

influences a friend can bring....:-D எல்லாம் பழக்க தோஷம், ராஜா!

Urban, Sophisticated compositions pottu ellaraiyum thikku mukkada seiyuvaaru just like that.... ippo Gowtham kooda serndhu remba Urban janta aa ayidaporaaru...:smile:

Gowtham, Release the audio, I buy the CD , enjoy the whole songs.
I wait...

Bala (Karthik)
15th August 2012, 10:54 PM
Suresh/Teja
On passing premature judgment: all I'm saying is that whatever little we listened to from Ennodu is definitely not in the Raaja league (ok, I'll have to listen to the prelude in headphones, only heard it twice now). Doesn't change the "fact" (paarra!) that the tune is pedestrian. And what's with that filler? Even the sound didn't feel right overall. Something extraordinary has to happen from the lude. Teja, I think the simple tune argument, implying a dichotomy (lot of assumptions riding on that sir) is not valid. The audience won't like it if the tune is not pedestrian? In the first place, simple tune in general is not the problem. "Va va pakkam va", "sundari kannaal oru sedhi", "Raaja raajaadhi raajan indha Raaja" - ???

Bala (Karthik)
15th August 2012, 11:04 PM
Raaja goes spiritual and says "... Ilaiyaraaja is dead...." and Jaya TV insert a BGM here :banghead:

MumbaiRamki
15th August 2012, 11:07 PM
Raaja goes spiritual and says "... Ilaiyaraaja is dead...." and Jaya TV insert a BGM here :banghead:
ody
Yes i hated that. infact the whole show has a bG- to get rid of boredom or to add to that mood?? Either way bad.. Idhula somebody suggested to reduce ticket prices by covering the conclave in TV channels....

San_K
15th August 2012, 11:10 PM
Some tidbits of the programme

1) May be the song Satru Munbu will remind Devathai Ilamdevi song
2) GVM myskin maathiri script ezhuthina udana Raajanu fix pannittaaram :he he:
3) GVM wanted yuvan for another song and Raja picked Karthik over yuvan.
4) IR Lyrics என்னோடு வா வா என்று சொல்ல மாட்டேன் உன்னை விட்டு வேறு எங்கும் போக மாட்டேன் was told by GVM to IR at end of show. A poetic finish of the programme
5) Apparently Ennodu Vaa song sounds way better in the programme

BTW I expected an album like TET which was orchestration cracker but I will get very different one..

Bala (Karthik)
15th August 2012, 11:12 PM
Tet?..

San_K
15th August 2012, 11:13 PM

raaja bgm na mute-la vittuduppaaru

Appo GVM oru maathiri aagittaaru

KV
15th August 2012, 11:13 PM
· kaakaikku sOru vekkara mAdhiriyE invanga namakku teaser vekkaraanga. :hammer:

· ennOdu vaa vaa - indha bit la tune sumaaru; orchestration's fine; too early to write-off the song.

· The show was pretty ok; GVM handled it well and had some good responses to some of raaja's phlasaphy; his corporate/manager style sounds oddly funny though there's nothing artificial about it.
Jaya adding BGM to the show was LMFAO worthy. thiruppadikkE ladda?

· Raajavin thookkalaana aangila vaadai - why ya? Must be 'youth connect' or some kandravi perception of that sort. (Interestingly, few months back in the endrendrum raaja show, he's said this: 'naan ennOda kochchayaana english la pEsaradhu, ungalukku aaga illa, avangalukku (hungary isai kuzhu) puriyanungarthuku dhaan)
· GVM said he has plans to release the demo tapes (Raaja on vocals with just guitars/keys/drums in the background) :clap:

· Raaja also seems to be pissed at the delay in the audio release. His request was nearly to the effect of 'seekaram release panni tholaingappa'.

· Albaththin mEl nambikkai innum undu. Keep the faith.

San_K
15th August 2012, 11:14 PM
Tet?..

Thenrale Ennaii Thodu

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
15th August 2012, 11:19 PM
·· Albaththin mEl nambikkai innum undu. Keep the faith.

Innum nnu solra aLAvukku enna mosamaa nadanthuduchi? Above all, what we heard till now is nothing, no?!?

Reading twitter reactions about the Interview. Raja fans themselves, rombavum sahipputhanmai kuraichalaa, porumai inri, chinna chinna mistakes ellaam kandupudikkiraanga. on both Raja and Gautam, Ivlo Analysis Udambukku aagaathunga :(

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
15th August 2012, 11:20 PM

இருக்குர இம்சைகள் பத்தாதுன்னு இவனுங வேற! ஆனா விளம்பர இடைவெளி ரொம்ப இல்லை!!

KV
15th August 2012, 11:25 PM
vallavarE, mannikkavum! 'innum' was indeed not necessary there.
And yeah, namma payaga neraya pErukku podhuvAvE 'araaichi' panra vazhakkum undu (raaja paattu kEkkara effect!); ella 'analysis'um summa oru pozhudhu pOkku dhEn. audio release aagattum; apparam paarunga!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
15th August 2012, 11:29 PM
A small film like Padithurai, which never got released, promoted atleast 3 songs in a Tv show.

Padithurai songs airded?!? WHen yaa?!?!?

Bala (Karthik)
15th August 2012, 11:30 PM
Swamigal on his composing philosophy/nature at the beginning of the intree: I should be true to myself, not to Gautham, not to the audience. The narrator (director) and the narrated (screenplay) should "inspire" me to give scores. It doesn't work if makers come with set formulae like I will place a song here, and a song after interval to pick up the face - that's how they make films these days.

Towards the end: "I don't prepare when I compose. I used to earlier, when I was getting exposed to different musical styles/forms but not now. It just happens" - I think this is key. I mean we need to strip out the romantic notion of "it just happens" vis a vis his current compositions. Especially as a critique. The first point above and this are related

app_engine
15th August 2012, 11:30 PM
audio release aagattum; apparam paarunga!

I predict it may receive more brickbats in the hub after that :wink:

However, I'm 200% sure it will create waves in TN and be considered patti-thotti-hit. At this point of time, personally, I want him to be a force to reckon with in the biz -rather than getting some critical acclaim- with this project :-) From the samples, I think reNdum kitta vazhi illai.

However, one never knows - there could be surprise inclusions like the 'niRam piriththuppArththEn' in TIME.

rprasad
15th August 2012, 11:38 PM
Its amazing to see the varied responses to the 2 song teasers. I think IR fans are kind of in a dilemma. The fact is that is both these tunes atelast from what extent we got to hear does not invoke any of the old IR songs. So is that a good thing or bad thing? On One hand people always remark that they get the already heard feeling when listening to IR's recent movie songs(even the popular ones), but now once he comes out with totally fresh sounding songs people still complain that it is not upto IR's standard. It is amazing that IR after so many years and movies still comes out with such a youthful fresh sounding tunes. Yes i think the tunes are totally fresh sounding and youthful. yes the the new song has very simple lyrics and simple pallavi(catchy i might add) upto what we got to hear but i think it may fit the time period in the movie as well. Since i have a guess that this relate to the lead pair in their school days. Its just a guess. Ofcourse we have to hear the entire song to draw any conclusions. But one thing is certain IR has totally gone in for a new identity in this movie songs atleast in these two songs. Also pl stop with dragging SA Rajkumar into this while comparing 2 lines of pallavi. His songs had some nice melodious pallavi as well(not talking about whole song or orchestration). So have some respect toward him as well. not everyone is as talented as IR in orchestrating and creating a song.

KV
15th August 2012, 11:48 PM
I think I'm gonna go into 'plum' mode and curtail my enthusiasm to watch any further teasers/trailers/bits/thukuda/kosuru.
ini saapta full meals dhaan.

Bala (Karthik)
15th August 2012, 11:58 PM
Rprasad
I dont see the arguments like the one above as being very different from the all conquering all MD/songs praising posts doing the rounds these days. I will add with condescension that Raaja has made me a discerning listener. Raaja fan-a irundhaalum dont see a need to go gaga over Mayakkannaadi, for e.g.
Adhukkellaam gaga aitrundha avar fan-ave irundhirukka maattene, in the first place. I also think it is an insult to Raaja fandom if over simplified illogical reductions are made as shown above (e.g. "not upto IR standards" is being equated to wanting the same tunes he has composed before!!! EKSI)

By the way, let's not bring value judgments to it, if you are not comfortable - S.A Rajkumar pallavi signature nu onnu irukku nu othuppeengala?

Devaraagam
16th August 2012, 12:20 AM
thought of posting here and posted in other thread.

Highlight of the program..

we are tourchering audience by keep on giving news and not releasing the song...pls release it (even IR knows about our feeling)

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
16th August 2012, 12:28 AM
Link -> http://www.techsatish.net/2012/08/ilayaraja-gautam-menon-interview.html

1st part missing it seems

venkkiram
16th August 2012, 12:43 AM
படித்துறை பட முன்னோட்டத்தில் வந்த பாடல்கள் எல்லாமே முத்துக்களா இருக்கு. ஆனா முழு பாடல்களையும் கேட்கவேமுடியாமல் போய்விட்டது. அவற்றை ஒப்பிடும்போது நீதானே என் பொன்வசந்தம் பாடல்கள் ஈர்க்கவேயில்லை. ஆனால் இதற்குத்தான் எப்பேற்பட்ட எதிர்பார்ப்புக்கள்/பதிவுகள்/விமர்சனங்கள்.. என்ன மாதிரியான டிசைன் இது! எனிவே, நீ.என்.பொன்வசந்தத்தின் பாடல் மிகவும் பிரபலமாகி, ஒருவேளை படித்துறை படத்தின் பாடல்களை அதன் தயாரிப்பாளர் வெளியிட முன்வந்தால் அதுவும் நல்ல விஷயம்தான்.

rprasad
16th August 2012, 01:01 AM
Bala, I am not the one to go gaga over all IR songs. Infact its too early to go all gaga or totally write off 2 teasers with 2 lines of pallavi which we listened. But i like what i heard so far and it intrigues me in a way that i want to see if IR is indeed creating a new identity with this album. I don't have an IR standard against which i compare everything he does now By the way i am not implying that it means his old tunes. I perfectly understand what it means and i have heard enough music to know that. I try to listen with an open mind and if i don't like it then so be it. As for SA Rajkumar signature i am not really aware if one exists. But his tune did not even enter my mind when i listened to this pallavi and i have heard enough of his songs as well. That's just my opinion.

app_engine
16th August 2012, 01:05 AM
நீ.என்.பொன்வசந்தத்தின் பாடல் மிகவும் பிரபலமாகி

There is no 'if' clause there...it's already written, IMO :-)

This album has already received the hype like a big-star album...plus there will be further high voltage promotions on all channels, 'mudhal nALileyE pala latcham viRRadhu' etc...pidikkavE pidikkAdhavanaikkooda, 'it slowly grows on me'-nnu solla vaikkiRa aLavukku peer pressure irukkum.

adhE mAthiri design dhAn...sila pala varushangaLAvE pAkkuRadhu dhAn :wink:

app_engine
16th August 2012, 01:09 AM
Look at the thatstamil (one india) article on this half minute promo :shock:

It talks as if there had been only kAnal neer in TFM for decades...indha mAthiri innum niRaiya varum...

K
16th August 2012, 02:55 AM
my view, after watching Ennodu Vaa vaa song in the Jaya TV show, Sure Hit.

Raja's Magic?!!!

baroque
16th August 2012, 04:59 AM
:ty: for the video links! There are carnatic music, hindustani sangeeth, jazz, wcm, rock, blues etc... & then RAJA SANGEETHAM - RAJA PATTU too!:musicsmile:
Raja is correct! I always think if I ever have a drop of hope for life, embrace good & bad, I attribute it to Raja's isai in which I grew up! Thanks for not giving up on us, Raja!:ty: that's why 'music listening hr' is important in a day!:musicsmile:
konjam konjam parthachu...I will return! :grin:
Vinatha

AravindMano
16th August 2012, 06:17 AM
Thoughts on the teaser.

# too short - just when you want to increase your volume and start singing the next line like nobody's business, it is cut off. You rascalla. Real teasing.

# just cannot understand the mood of the song - the prelude kind of confuses it

# prelude is a total #win. First one train comes. And then two bus horns. And then clarinet-uh-this-instrument goes. That bit is very nice - it is intriguing as I said before. Like, doesn't have a clear start or end, just like few stolen phrases. That pause is #win I say. I lou it whenever Raaja pauses music.

# the two lines we hear is very uninteresting. Add to it, Karthik sings it as without any interest

# lyrics is #facepalm. not trendy. telugu lo chAla bAga undhi, ardham kAdhu, vinipichchEdhi mAthram, sound bAga undhi

# very very nicely cut visuals. I like it how Samantha runs after Jiiva but stops and pretends to be uninterested and walking. And how when the voice starts he cuts to Jiiva holding the mike and reluctantly looking. Samantha is very suweet, she is going to be sure shot blockbuster heroine

# that dancing around in the apartment - adhu female solo-nu thOnittE irukku. Should be that song sung by NSK's grand daughter.

innum 15 nAL. nAnsens.

MelHarmony
16th August 2012, 07:14 AM
Watched program on Jaya TV (Neeyae en Isai Vasantham). My snippets

1. GVM seems to have a measure of IR, atleast for the interview part. never seen IR interacting so calmly (though he went in to Philosophy mode atleast a couple of times). I remember an IR interview in late 80s in which he has told that F2F interview with predefined thoughts is meaningless. considering that comment and this one hour interview, IR has changed a lot these days, it makes me believe.
2. Going by what IR said, this is the first time in his life putting so much effort for a film. we all know his composing sessions is probably the shortest in world cinema (on an average of all films). But here is where I am getting a bit jittery on the emotional quotient of the album. Bcos IR's effort so far has been spontaneous. we have to wait and see.
3. IR's narration of Alpha rythm/tuning has very deep meaning and is the core of his music, I believe.
4. it seems some copyist has left in the middle of recording in London. Alsso there were no copies distributed for one of the days. this made IR to dictate the entire score and the musicians play them as seen in Prasad Studios...
5. it is going to be IR concert Mazhai for sure in future for IR fans
6. I thought GVM tried a bit too much to know how IR composes his music

my expectations for the album is only growing...

---
MelHarmony

MumbaiRamki
16th August 2012, 07:34 AM
என்னோட வா வா என்று சொல்ல மாட்டேன்.
உன்னை விட்டு வேறு எங்கும் போக மாட்டேன்.

GVM says Raaja wrote for him.

Gregorysab
16th August 2012, 08:16 AM
Thoughts on the teaser.

# lyrics is #facepalm. not trendy. telugu lo chAla bAga undhi, ardham kAdhu, vinipichchEdhi mAthram, sound bAga undhi.

Oho.. Meeku telugu baane vochchaa? :-)

baroque
16th August 2012, 09:01 AM
Raja doesn't sound artificial at all!

He is very comfortable with GVM!

nice job!

piano bit, loving it Raja!:ty:

AravindMano
16th August 2012, 09:02 AM
Oho.. Meeku telugu baane vochchaa? :-)

koncham vasthOndhi. I yaam from Andhra Border.

AravindMano
16th August 2012, 09:02 AM
louly interview. Gautham :clap:

Raaja got emotional once :cry:

I am super confident about this album :thumbsup:

Bala (Karthik)
16th August 2012, 09:10 AM
Surprised that Akarsh didn't like the interview. Not like the typical interview at all.
Kavudham da man

app_engine
16th August 2012, 09:53 AM
Watched the interview - a very different IR here :-)

Gautam, :thumbsup:

(I really loved the way Gautam drubbed bloggers / hubbers / tweeters / other net arattaiwAlAs as vettees :lol:)

teja
16th August 2012, 10:00 AM
What an interview! I actually liked his philosophical lines in this interview.
In the end GVM hints that he's not going to leave Raja. Not sure how serious he was, but I hope this combo churns out few memorable films.

Back to the teaser, I liked Tamil version better. Karthik sounds sad and dull in Telugu, almost makes it sound like a pathos song. SPB was commenting on Karthik in a recent TV show ... He said Karthik is never cheerful when he sings. That reflects on the overall output. That seems to be the case here.

app_engine
16th August 2012, 10:04 AM
He said Karthik is never cheerful when he sings.

Is it?

SPB sArE,
:clap: :clap: :clap: namma reNdu pErum orE wavelengththu :-)

(I often remark that this guy's singing is 'keNaththukkuLLa irundhu pAduRa mAdhiri' irukku! SPB beautifully described it).

However, for the sake of youththu's and hit-ting, NEPV must have such singers :oops:

jaiganes
16th August 2012, 10:32 AM
Rprasad
I dont see the arguments like the one above as being very different from the all conquering all MD/songs praising posts doing the rounds these days. I will add with condescension that Raaja has made me a discerning listener. Raaja fan-a irundhaalum dont see a need to go gaga over Mayakkannaadi, for e.g.
Adhukkellaam gaga aitrundha avar fan-ave irundhirukka maattene, in the first place. I also think it is an insult to Raaja fandom if over simplified illogical reductions are made as shown above (e.g. "not upto IR standards" is being equated to wanting the same tunes he has composed before!!! EKSI)

By the way, let's not bring value judgments to it, if you are not comfortable - S.A Rajkumar pallavi signature nu onnu irukku nu othuppeengala?

mayakkannaadi?
ur opinions on music r in er to me after this
slight.

Nasc
16th August 2012, 11:06 AM
comments opened for the ennoda ... u teeb teaser ...

Gregorysab
16th August 2012, 11:36 AM
Surprised that Akarsh didn't like the interview. Not like the typical interview at all.
Kavudham da man

I cant say I didnt like it. Just that i have mixed opinions. Its definitely not at all bad. It had its own highlights:

1. How raaja spontaneously came up with Saindhu Saindhu.
2. some quotes by Raaja - The ones i could understand atleast. Epic line: I am not a Pianist... (i clapped)
3. Overall, Raaja was at ease.

But my issue is with what the whole show effectively gave us (or rather did not give us):

1. Other than saindhu saindhi and new teaser, which also came in the end, not even a single mention about other songs.
2. Considering that GVM recorded the whole process, in Chennai as well as in London... No peek into the recording sessions at all. (Hey Ram BGM recording clips are still there on youtube. There was a show on Padithurai and it had teasers of about 3 songs - Unnai maadhiri, thedorum and one more song). Considering the hype generated from day# 1, i feel this extreme focus on saindhu saindhu is a bit too much.. very skewed. hell, you got 7 other songs too!
3. questions like "everything was written in detail and it was recorded in just 1-2 takes. is this the way your work?" - oh boy! was someone living under the rock? I know this programme was for common people and not fans only.. but still.
4. Overall, I felt that the information i was getting out of the show.... 80% of it atleast...I already got from Bharadwaj Rangan's article. Same themes - "I was scared to approach you", "Why were you scared?", "I listened to Pink Floyd etc.. but you defined my growing up years", "I wanted you to take time to compose and you gave me all 8 tunes in just 2-3 sittings/days"... .. dude! I read all of this! Now what I want is - the process of those other songs... Instead, you show me Saindhu Saindhu on haromonium... then later.. saindhu saindhu as it appears on film.. and in the end... saindhu saindhu on Piano.
5. Whoever thought about Background score for this Tv show! when raaja said "Ilaiyaraaja is dead", the BGM there! - it was a comedy! damn! this is one show where BGM (of any kind) was not needed firstly. dei show-producer/director - Show this to Raaja himself and he will tell you how BGM should be, or rather if there should be a BGM or not.

C'mon, I expected something more. Comparatively raaja philosophical digressions were limited and as such I did not have an issue with them in this interview. But overall, I felt they could have done better, instead of televising GVM's interview with Bharadwaj Rangan (similar questions and all that).

San_K
16th August 2012, 03:07 PM
A facebook comment (http://www.facebook.com/groups/IlayaRajafans/permalink/306938889405383/?comment_id=307250632707542&offset=0&total_comments=156)

Talking slightly off the topic.. Ennodu Vaa Vaa Ringtone is creating vibes in my office floor.

The sound itself has amused many, and is going viral! I have shared the Ringtone to 5ppl since morning, just imagine the uncontrolled nuclear fission reaction from here onwards :)

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
16th August 2012, 04:08 PM
1, "I wanted you to take time to compose and you gave me all 8 tunes in just 2-3 sittings/days"... .. dude! I read all of this! Now what I want is - the process of those other songs... Instead, you show me Saindhu Saindhu on haromonium... then later.. saindhu saindhu as it appears on film.. and in the end... saindhu saindhu on Piano.

Thats actually great man! Hearing one of the most modern tune, on one of the oldest (traditional, so..) known instrument, played by a composer who being the last of the lastest link btw the old and new!

Also, did u notice, he playes guitar chords on harmonium!, then creates the appropriate beats with his left hand, plays the tune at same time sing that! WOW! Using an so-called old, outdated instrument so effectively to showcase a modern tune!

layman10
16th August 2012, 05:22 PM
Thats actually great man! Hearing one of the most modern tune, on one of the oldest (traditional, so..) known instrument, played by a composer who being the last of the lastest link btw the old and new!

Also, did u notice, he playes guitar chords on harmonium!, then creates the appropriate beats with his left hand, plays the tune at same time sing that! WOW! Using an so-called old, outdated instrument so effectively to showcase a modern tune!

Any Idea, why he prefers harmonium?. It gets one hand occupied is'nt it?. He needs a instrument only for chords?.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
16th August 2012, 05:28 PM
He may find that harmonium as sentimental. We saw the 'intro' he gave to that harmonium in Hendendrum Raja show, na?! :lol: "En Iniya Nanbane, En Aarmoniya pettiye, inge Vaa"!!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
16th August 2012, 05:30 PM
THats tamil covers all moves of illayaraja. Good!

இளைஞர்களை சந்திப்பேன்... என் அனுபவங்களைப் பகிர்ந்து கொள்வேன்! - இசைஞானி இளையராஜா (http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/interview/2012/08/i-will-meet-the-young-generation-says-ilayaraaja-159739.html)

சென்னை: இளம் தலைமுறையை சந்திப்பேன்... என் அனுபவங்களை அவர்களுடன் பகிர்ந்து கொள்வேன், என்றார் இசைஞானி இளையராஜா.
தமிழ் சினிமாவின் இன்றைய ஸ்பெஷல் இளையராஜாவின் நீதானே என் பொன்வசந்தம் இசைதான்.
இதுவரை இந்தப் படத்தின் இசைக்கான மூன்று முன்னோட்ட வீடியோக்கள் வந்துவிட்டன. மூன்றும் ரசிகர்களைப் பரவசப்பட வைத்துள்ளன.
இந்த நிலையில், இந்தப் படத்தின் இசை உருவாக்கம் குறித்து ஆகஸ்ட் 15-ம் தேதி ஜெயா டிவியில் இளையராஜாவும் இயக்குநர் கவுதம் மேனனும் கலந்துரையாடினர்.
அப்போது ஒரு பரம ரசிகனாக மாறி கவுதம் மேனன் கேள்விகளை எழுப்ப, இசைஞானி தனக்கே உரிய பாணியில் பதில்களைச் சொன்னார். பெரும்பாலும் ஆங்கிலத்திலேயே அமைந்திருந்தது இந்த உரையாடல். இளையராஜாவும் ஆங்கிலத்திலேயே பேசினார்.
அப்போது, 'உங்களிடம் பேச வேண்டும், உங்கள் அனுபவங்களை நீங்கள் சொல்லக் கேட்க வேண்டும் என இன்றைய தலைமுறை மிகுந்த ஆர்வத்துடன் உள்ளனர். ஆனால் நீங்கள் அதற்குத் தயாரா என்று அவர்களுக்குத் தெரியவில்லை. அவர்களைச் சந்திப்பீர்களா..?'
"நிச்சயமாக கவுதம், இன்றைய இளம் தலைமுறையினருக்கு என் அனுபவங்களைச் சொல்ல, அவர்களுடன் பகிர்ந்து கொள்ள விரும்புகிறேன். அவர்களுடன் பேச விரும்புகிறேன். நிச்சயம் அவர்களை நான் சந்திப்பேன்," என்றார்.
உங்களுடன் பணியாற்ற வேண்டும் என்பது என்னைப் போன்ற பலருக்கும் ஆசை என்றாலும், ஒரு அச்சம் காரணமாக வரத் தயக்கமாக இருக்கிறது, என்று கவுதம் மேனன் கூறியபோது, "என்னைப் பார்த்து ஏன் நீங்கள் பயப்பட வேண்டும்... அதற்கு அவசியமில்லையே.." என்றார் இளையராஜா.
நீதானே என் பொன்வசந்தம் படத்தில் உங்களுக்குப் பிடித்த பாட்டு எது என்று கேட்டபோது, "படத்தின் ஆல்பத்தில் உள்ள 8 பாடல்களுமே எனக்குப் பிடித்தவைதான். மாற்றம் வேண்டுமானால் சொல்லுங்கள்... இப்போதும் மாற்றித் தருகிறேன், என்றார் ராஜா.
உடனே கவுதம் மேனன், ஆத்மார்த்தமாக சொல்கிறேன்... எனக்கு அனைத்துப் பாடல்களுமே மிகத் திருப்தியாக இருந்தன, என்றார்.

இந்த நேர்காணலின் முடிவில் கவுதம் மேனன் ராஜாவைப் பார்த்து இப்படிச் சொன்னார்:
"சார்... நீங்க எனக்கு ஒரு பாட்டு எழுதினீங்க... என்னோடு வாவா என்று சொல்ல மாட்டேன்.. உன்னை விட்டு தூரம் எங்கும் போக மாட்டேன் என்று. நானும் அதையே உங்களுக்குச் சொல்ல விரும்புகிறேன். 'என்னோடு வாவா என்று சொல்லமாட்டேன், உங்களைவிட்டு நானும் போகமாட்டேன்' என்ற போது ராஜாவின் முகத்தில் அந்த அக்மார்க் சிரிப்பு.
இந்த நிகழ்ச்சியில் ரசிகர்களுக்காக, சாய்ந்து சாய்ந்து நீ பார்க்கும்போது... பாடலைப் பாடி பியானோ இசைத்தார் இசைஞானி!!

Nerd
16th August 2012, 07:39 PM
I think Aakarsh hates Saainthu and since the interview was sort of only about this song - dint quite like it. To me, it was one of the best interviews of Raaja. And I louu Saainthu. I felt he was at ease and enjoyed the banter. Even the flaasafy/tangential remarks came out well. The Alpha-Rhythm for example was really an apt comprison.

1. Like many mentioned here, the BGM for Raaja is dead was ROFLMAX!!
2. And did GPM really shoot the composing session as it happened? I don't mean the professional camera but him capturing with his phone?! I think thats sort of insulting Raaja's creative process and more importantly mighty annoying. I am surprised that GPM got away with that.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
16th August 2012, 07:56 PM
The exact, 1st moment where the tune is born, i guess GPM thot it couldnot be repeated and thus did a shoot. He was excited in multifold and some crazy acts expected!

venkkiram
16th August 2012, 08:01 PM
I don't understand. Why GVM shoots the musical process of IR in his small mobile when the total event is recorded in a giant camera. Why both? meaningless.

V_S
16th August 2012, 08:25 PM
I didn't like both of his approaches. It should have made Maestro embarrassing and I can also see the uneasiness in his face. Recording a recording session is different and recording a composing session is different (something I feel going into the temple's gharbagraham and taking pictures, which I don't like). BTW, excellent interview. :clap: I liked most of GVM's questions and very detail in fact. I could see a totally different Maestro in this interview, very calm and quiet. Waiting for the monstrous soundtrack.

KV
16th August 2012, 08:32 PM
Raaja did admit openly that the camera was making him feel uncomfortable ('yaaro enna paakara maadhiryE irukku'). I don't know how much it impacted the creative process (for this definitely is a distraction), but that we got the priceless sight of a tune take birth... oru alpa sandhOsham. :oops:.
GVM... asaadhya confidence :clap:

And reg. why harmonium - though it'd be very easy to ask back 'why not', I think it's probably the tradionalist in Raaja who doesn't want to move to a different instrument. And it was lovely the way he played the chords on it while doing the beats on the left hand. Us having got the chance to listen to this subsequenly tranforming into acoustic guitars and drums kinda takes us through the 'process of creation', thus giving it that extra beauty. This probably is how the conjuring has been happening since Annakkili, churning out song after song in so many different styles and genres - all germinating from his chella harmonium petti. raasa... onniyum sollrathuku illa pa.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
16th August 2012, 08:44 PM
Seems like Jaya TV is retelecasting the show today 9.pm thats 15 minits from now

See the comments section -> http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=454149157962519&set=a.120306754680096.9721.112842955426476&type=1&permPage=1

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
16th August 2012, 08:45 PM
I don't understand. Why GVM shoots the musical process of IR in his small mobile when the total event is recorded in a giant camera. Why both? meaningless.
Innum ennavellaam aaraaichi pannuveenga?!? (not joust to you, but to all) freeya vidunga boss! afterall its an interview

rprasad
16th August 2012, 09:02 PM
Interesting interview for sure. I was quite astounded by an IR statement about his score writing eliminating the need for any volume balancing by the sound engineers. Also he seems to be quite respectful to the Budapest Symphony orchestra conductor Lazlo Kovacs from whom he indicated he has learned as well.
As for GVM returning to IR, i think that is definitely going to happen. GVM seems to be one of those rare directors who seemingly has the ability to work with different Music directors and get comfortable with them and get the best output as well. I mean going from working with ARR to IR and now back to ARR or Harris is quite a task given the completely opposite/different ways of working. But i think he kind of likes it and in his mind seems confident that he can get the best output from each one of them regardless of what the market preference might be. SO lets wait and watch how this partnership unfolds. Heres hoping for a great NEPV album and future albums from this combo.

venkkiram
16th August 2012, 09:13 PM
பாடல்களை காட்சிப்படுத்துவதில் கௌதமை விட பல மடங்கு திறமைசாலி என நான் நினைக்கிற ராஜீவ் மேனனும் ராஜாவின் இசையில் ஒரீரு படங்கள் செய்தால் எனது மனம் நிறைவடையும். ஆனால் கனவு காண்பதெல்லாம் நடப்பதில்லையே. நடப்பதை ரசித்துவிட்டு செல்லவேண்டியதுதான்.

Shankar.P
16th August 2012, 09:18 PM
yuvan's tweet
Yuvan Shankar Raja ‏@yuvanfansclub
Gautham Menon Told 2 Ilayaraja Sir, "Ennodu Vaa Vaa Endru Solla Mataen, Unnai Vittu Veru Engum Poga Maataen" ! His next venture 2 music god

Gregorysab
16th August 2012, 09:24 PM
I think Aakarsh hates Saainthu and since the interview was sort of only about this song - dint quite like it. .

I won't say I hated it... But it was underwhelming for me. My impression so far is strictly about that 20 second teaser of saindhu saindhu only. Tomorrow i might like the full song, depends on how the full song is. But just those 20 seconds, in yuvan's voice, did not really impress me. I felt it was ordinary. (Frankly speaking - had the same 20 second teaser come out under Harris jayraj's name, many raaja fans would have made fun of it saying "one more nursery rhyme song"... I don't mean the full song will be Like HJ's music but I only mean to say that those 20 secs of saindhu saindhu Is as generic as it can get and instead of promoting song clips that have raaja-splendour, the makers have been hyping saindhu saindhu so much that it will eventually become a hit/classic, by hype rather than by its own merit.)

And also, why promote only that song so much? Whatever happened to other songs... The teaser doesn't reflect the orchestra employed. At least 2nd teaser (ennodu vaa) shows some promise.

baroque
16th August 2012, 09:55 PM
I am not at all surprised by Cool GVM! :thumbsup:

already he has shown this side during vinnai thandi varuvaya audio function!:-D

Unassuming conversation makes Raja comfortable! that's the way supposed to be!:thumbsup:

yeah.... me too! Nichayama, GVM will work with Raja in future!

Vinatha

app_engine
16th August 2012, 09:56 PM
At least 2nd teaser (ennodu vaa) shows some promise.

I liked it more than the sAindhu sAindhu teaser. (But the 'ninaivellAm nithyA' teaser was the besttu :wink:).

However, after seeing rAsA doing 'sAindhu sAindhu' on harmonium, I've started liking the song better. Can't wait to hear the complete song (in spite of YSR)!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
16th August 2012, 09:58 PM
yuvan's tweet
Yuvan Shankar Raja ‏@yuvanfansclub
Gautham Menon Told 2 Ilayaraja Sir, "Ennodu Vaa Vaa Endru Solla Mataen, Unnai Vittu Veru Engum Poga Maataen" ! His next venture 2 music god

That is Yuvan fanclub, not yuvan!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
16th August 2012, 10:00 PM
பாடல்களை காட்சிப்படுத்துவதில் கௌதமை விட பல மடங்கு திறமைசாலி என நான் நினைக்கிற ராஜீவ் மேனனும் ராஜாவின் இசையில் ஒரீரு படங்கள் செய்தால் எனது மனம் நிறைவடையும். ஆனால் கனவு காண்பதெல்லாம் நடப்பதில்லையே. நடப்பதை ரசித்துவிட்டு செல்லவேண்டியதுதான்.

Along with the opinion Raja expresses then and there "Enakku yaarum thevaiyillai" He is also keen in insisting that he never want to break any existing associations of the current young directors with MDs. He indirectly expressed the same to Gautam too, as said in that Interview. But gautam was very keen and clear to work with raja. As he said, that was in his mind for long time

thumburu
16th August 2012, 10:09 PM
I should give it to Gautham for tactfully handling Raja's ego like a glass. Raja's englipeez - may be most of the folks he deals with these days are those Budapest, London musicians and not much of our own kodambakkam vaadhya kuzhu. :(
This ennodu vaa strip is a big dampener and makes me feel "saindhu saindhu" a classic. I am not too fond of broken lined tunes and "konjam thira" progresses nicely from the 3rd line itself. This is more on the lines of the mediocre "mayakannadi" song "konjam konjam ...." . This "youth" album seems to "fall" in the category of what Suresh euphemistically calls as "Raja Lite". I pin my hopes deeply on the bgms, rerecording, orch

itsmuls
16th August 2012, 10:15 PM
Ennodu vaa vaa song reminds me, one of the song from keladi kanmani - nee padhi naan padhi kanna...beautiful composition....

jaiganes
16th August 2012, 11:22 PM
Raaja did admit openly that the camera was making him feel uncomfortable ('yaaro enna paakara maadhiryE irukku'). I don't know how much it impacted the creative process (for this definitely is a distraction), but that we got the priceless sight of a tune take birth... oru alpa sandhOsham. :oops:.
GVM... asaadhya confidence :clap:

And reg. why harmonium - though it'd be very easy to ask back 'why not', I think it's probably the tradionalist in Raaja who doesn't want to move to a different instrument. And it was lovely the way he played the chords on it while doing the beats on the left hand. Us having got the chance to listen to this subsequenly tranforming into acoustic guitars and drums kinda takes us through the 'process of creation', thus giving it that extra beauty. This probably is how the conjuring has been happening since Annakkili, churning out song after song in so many different styles and genres - all germinating from his chella harmonium petti. raasa... onniyum sollrathuku illa pa.
1. it does not need electricity - which is scarce these days
2. it eliminates one more person in the room (kinda FBI interrogation feel that Raja brings to composing session will be lost when another guy with guitar keeps checking the watch, 'anna thanni kedaikkuma' etc).
3. It also establishes the much hyped fact that Raja does music work in a vacuum with a wire tethered between him and the cosmos and the director speaking through a glass door..
4. It eliminates any doubt in anyone's minds that he is searching for tunes in iTunes when director tells him the situation or another guy standing in the recording room vaasal and saying "Idhu en tune therima?"
ippde sollte pogalaam.

San_K
16th August 2012, 11:36 PM
2. And did GPM really shoot the composing session as it happened? I don't mean the professional camera but him capturing with his phone?! I think thats sort of insulting Raaja's creative process and more importantly mighty annoying. I am surprised that GPM got away with that.

+1

If anything disappointment in quality, i will mostly complain this :twisted:

SoftSword
17th August 2012, 02:42 AM
just watched the show...
goutham... rasigan daa... nallaa iru saami... :notworthy:

the alpharhythm - idhu romba deepumaa...evlo periya visayam...

the ennodu va va bit... impressed... mainly cos of the rhythm...

AravindMano
17th August 2012, 05:52 AM
kEtuttutE irukkEn indha teaser ayE :shock: Just cant stop.

Nerd - He said, about the camera phone, it's for me, personal. Could understand his enthu. I guess every director would want to do that, but dhairiyam irukkAdhu.

And, ivar explain paNRa scenes lAm kEtta :confused:

AravindMano
17th August 2012, 05:54 AM
Also - somebody clarify please.

He recorded all voices first

He didnt explain how the orchestration would be

And then he gave length of music for "shots" for the song - err

apRam two things -music recording at London. Gautham shooting songs. edhu eppadi enga nadakkum?

sync-E aagalayE

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
17th August 2012, 06:03 AM
He recorded vocal portions for all songs, but that length of the song was given only for one song, not all. ( for that one song, I guess Gautam shot lots of scenes and would edit them to fit within the timeframe of the song, and the song will run in background.)

after london shootings, he may have shot the songs.

AravindMano
17th August 2012, 06:49 AM
Hmmm..

irir123
17th August 2012, 08:11 AM
alpha rhythm / waves !

i once heard a spiritual/scientific discourse by a renowned systems theory specialist - when a person is dreaming or in a certain state of mind, alpha waves can be measured from his/her brain - similarly the same type of waves can be measured as emanating from a person suffering brain damage, esp with old age (senility)!

the causation is different, end result is the same! thats why neuroscientists often confuse 'meaningless' ramblings of spiritually inclined ppl (experiencing higher states of consciousness levels), with brain damage and call them nuts!

havent listened to IR's interviews so many times, he for sure has experienced these altered states of consciousness levels many a times, and still is cautious enough to not let all of that interfere way too much in his day-to-day material dealings!

am saying this - despite all that IR has been perceived to have verbally 'pidhattrified' so far! could have been worse!

groucho070
17th August 2012, 08:39 AM
Gautham, respect!

crvenky
17th August 2012, 01:35 PM
Friends,
Any downloadable link of the Jaya TV interview? Techsatish links are banned here :(

SoftSword
17th August 2012, 02:39 PM
Gautham, respect!

adhae adhae...
aarambathulayae naan sonnaen... kondaadappOraar'nu...
this is just the begining... audio release concert'la paarunga... somersault'laam adippaar...

groucho070
17th August 2012, 03:02 PM
:lol: He may not be much of a filmaker, but he makes a fine journalist.

K
17th August 2012, 07:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlH2CtAgPns

Sureshs65
17th August 2012, 10:24 PM
'ennodu vaa vaa' has a retro feel to it. Sounds a bit like old Hindi song. (BTW, it has more than 200000 hits on youtube now. Probably around 100000 by our own Aravind Mano :) ) Anyway, what I wanted to say was that nowadays Raja is trying to give some retro style songs. Two songs which immediately come to my mind include, 'aaro paadunnu dhoori' from 'Katha Thudarunnu' and 'unnai padithen' from 'Ponnar Shankar'. Infact I feel this songs affinity to the 'Ponnar Shankar' song a lot. Lets see how he takes in the charanams. Two weeks from now, we will know :)

app_engine
18th August 2012, 12:43 AM
'ennodu vaa vaa' has a retro feel to it.

The organ (or accordian or some huge sized EU instrument that produces louder versions of such sounds) could also be one reason for the retro feel.

There's a city in MI called "Holland" and there's a tulip festival in that city each year. The exhibits during the festival include a windmill & a huge organ (fills the whole room -length, width, height all in feet measures) and the sound produced can be heard far far away. Then there'll be people in dutch country style costumes / dancing with wooden shoes with an "on-road orchestra" that produces similar sound. (There was a docu on a French city with a lot of Italians on Detroit public TV a couple of days back and similar sound was reverberating in the market place shown in it).

The "response" to the singer's "call" (follows the 'mAttEn' of each sentence of pallavi) sounds like one such instrument...London ubayam'nu ninaikkiREn. That gives a distinct classic / retro EU feel to the song.

BTW, the youtube crossed 250K - may be the Friday effectu...

AravindMano
18th August 2012, 06:02 AM
'ennodu vaa vaa' has a retro feel to it. Sounds a bit like old Hindi song. (BTW, it has more than 200000 hits on youtube now. Probably around 100000 by our own Aravind Mano :) ) Anyway, what I wanted to say was that nowadays Raja is trying to give some retro style songs. Two songs which immediately come to my mind include, 'aaro paadunnu dhoori' from 'Katha Thudarunnu' and 'unnai padithen' from 'Ponnar Shankar'. Infact I feel this songs affinity to the 'Ponnar Shankar' song a lot. Lets see how he takes in the charanams. Two weeks from now, we will know :)

Very much possible :lol:

kid-glove
18th August 2012, 06:05 AM
The interview seems mega blade for the first 15 minutes, does it get better or should I not bother anymore?

kid-glove
18th August 2012, 06:07 AM
Okay, it got better...

kid-glove
18th August 2012, 06:12 AM
Internet comments'lam avalo kevalama pOchu ivanukku.. Ivan padatha vida youtube comments 'la neraiya kaththukkalam.. Poda Dei.

ajaybaskar
18th August 2012, 07:42 AM
nani (@NameisNani) 18/08/12 5:53 AM

Off to chennai .. Last schedule of yeto vellupoyindhi manasu

baroque
18th August 2012, 08:38 AM
Internet comments'lam avalo kevalama pOchu ivanukku.. Ivan padatha vida youtube comments 'la neraiya kaththukkalam.. Poda Dei.

yeah....
ukkandhu type pannittu erukkomnnu ninaikkaadheenga...
ellathukkum naduppula, oru AASAI, INTEREST DHAAN!
Be grateful, we care to give few feedbacks for your works..

Plum
18th August 2012, 08:51 AM
Gautam Vasudev Menon: internet commentslAm kEvalamA irukku
Internet commenters: appuRam edhukku adhai padicha?

Sureshs65
18th August 2012, 09:56 AM
app,

True. The retro feel is both due to the instrument sound as well as the tune.

raja_fan
18th August 2012, 10:13 AM
Gowtham would not have really been honest on his "hubbers" comments.
I strongly feel he just commented that way , because he was with IR and had a fear that IR can always shoot back saying "Yaar enna sonnaal enakkenna kavalai ?". So Gowtham should have thought of adding a pacifier in his question itself.

raja_fan
18th August 2012, 10:26 AM
This interview is notable in ways more than what is obvious.

We all think that Gowtham has been clever in handling "fragile" IR in a "careful" way. Yes, that is true, but only partially.
The fact is that IR has become less sensitive and more "wise" about the way media, showbiz and interviews work.

Thalaivar mattum "Hey Ram" time-la irundha form-la irundhirundhaarnaa Gowtham enna pambiyirundhaalum fireworks thaan..

Even in this interview, there were some trigger points which IR just ignored and passed. See Gowtham...Even when he shows good respect he has for IR, he never missed a chance to proclaim "I decided this..I decided that...Naan thaan London polaamnu sonnen...naan thaan pesuvennu nenaichen..." etc.
Though he seems to appreciate IR for "bold decisions", we can see a hidden uncomfort when he says "Engalukku aavanga paadinathu okeyaa thaan irundhudhu...budget pottu thaan avangalai kooppittirundhom" etc..
IR even says "...Did I not ask you Gowtham when you faced some difficulties, ' Why did you come to me ? why did you not go to youngsters like Yuvan etc ?" .

So All has not been well, but if both of them are happy at the end of the day then we are happy :)

Sureshs65
18th August 2012, 10:57 AM
raja_fan,

Very pertinent observations. I have been saying here that Raja (or someone close to him) is finally understanding the power of his brand and trying to monetize it in multiple ways. I don't say this as something wrong but as something which is quite natural to most professionals around the world. In India, stars like Tendulkar and Rahman have shown how to create and maintain a brand and how to monetize it. Raja has a humongous brand and only now some effort is going into monetizing the brand. Good for us as we can look forward to more of Raja's music.

This is also one reason why Raja is being more tolerant towards media, towards public functions and now realizes the changed business climate of film and film music promotion. He is still the man of the 70s so you see a clear discomfort when he is talking. He definitely is not as media savvy as the younger generation. Yet, the fact that he understands the current climate bodes well for fans like us. Because if he adjusts to the business climate, there is chance of more music coming from him which will reach a larger audience. (That he will not compromise on his music is a given.)

senthilv.com
18th August 2012, 11:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlH2CtAgPns

Thanks for sharing!

App_engine,

Nice observation on ABBA connection. I remember Raja has one song inspired from ABBA's Money, Money. (btw, ur from Pollachi? It is my hometown)

Like several others pointed out, Ennodu Vaa Vaa has a retro feel. Personally, the moment I tried to sing the song, "kalangalil aval vasantham" song popped in my head, I don't know if there's any connection. I'm sure it is my horrible way of singing the tune and tempo wrong!

Some initial observation about the interview.

1. Wonderful interview by GVM. He seems like a hardcore raja fan. Although raja fans would be familiar with the content, still there are some very good nuggets. Should appreciate GVM for trying to document and show the workings to general public. I wish more directors do it. More I hear Raja speak, more enlightening it is.

2. 9:30 Raja asks if the situation is happening in the evening. I think for Raja it is one of the key factors in coming up with tune. Setting, environment, mood, character's emotion are extremely important for him and inspires his compositions. I think, if they were not confined sitting inside the car as GVM narrated, the song tune would be different. (say, if it is outdoor or if the scene transposes to swtizerland or something)

3. @9:37, Raja slightly feels restricted by voice & guitar set up fixed by GVM. "So you fixed with guitar to start with so I cannot go anywhere". I think Raja likes directors to give him a free hand at these things. IMHO, it is like acting out and showing to Sivaji sir how to approach a scene. It immediately restricts a himalayan artist like Raja.

4. @ 12:51 Raja explains such restrictions coming from film directors and format of the current film. He likes to be inspired by the situation and characters. Just asking him to come up with "hit" song is terribly boring for him.

5. @ 15:48 Raja got the freedom and he transposes "Saindhu Saindhu" by slowing the meter down. I guess this is the bit he plays in the piano at the end of the interview (41:30) I found this version more soulful and loved it more than the Yuvan's version. Take away for me is, If you go with a fixed notion to Raja, you get a standard song, if you go with a bloody open mind, I think he surprises himself and everyone.

6. @ 23:30 This is the reason, Raja songs will always retain his strong signature no matter which orchestra plays it. As GVM calls it Raja genre. He is pretty much doing sound designer's work in his compositions itself. Not an easy thing to do in cinema music. I think Raja's BGM could be sound designer/mixers nightmare. Would love to see Resul Pookutty (Slumdog millionaire - Sound designer) work on Raja's film and see how he approaches it.

7. LOL @ Jaya TV BGM during interview.

Overall, I like it. The more you listen, the more you feel it is different.

Got to run. may be more later.

PS: I put the time marker on youtube comment section for interested ppl.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
19th August 2012, 12:32 AM
s usual, excellent writeup senthilvc! :D Adikkadi vaanga!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
19th August 2012, 12:56 AM
Though he seems to appreciate IR for "bold decisions", we can see a hidden uncomfort when he says "Engalukku aavanga paadinathu okeyaa thaan irundhudhu...budget pottu thaan avangalai kooppittirundhom" etc..
IR even says "...Did I not ask you Gowtham when you faced some difficulties, ' Why did you come to me ? why did you not go to youngsters like Yuvan etc ?" .

You expect that Gautam shud not say anything as a producer?!? Thats his opinion! Even he is not a musical talent to decide things, you shud see that he agreed for Angel Studios. Hope you know Budapest is somewhat a cheap/affordable/not too costly option and this Angel studios shud really be somewhat costly. I am not saying we shud praise GVM for offering the freedom to IR. I am saying he too has some opinions, right or wrong. Consider this against many producers who openly disagree for any Budapest or any other Studios outside India! There shud be handful of such!

"Script nallaa irukku, Foreign studio book panni BGM, tracks ellaam nalla quality la pannalaam" nnu IR e suggest seithum athai budget exceed aaguthunnu sollli reject pannura producers are there! Now Gowtham agreed for whatever Raja asked, just that he says an opinion on one of the decisions. This need not be amplified at all. See the other good things he has done, as a marketing manager!

V_S
19th August 2012, 01:15 AM
Would love to see Resul Pookutty (Slumdog millionaire - Sound designer) work on Raja's film and see how he approaches it.
Resul already worked with Raja in Pazhassi raja and the sounds he created (especially during the climax) almost killed the BGM, just my observation.

kr
19th August 2012, 01:22 AM
You expect that Gautam shud not say anything as a producer?!? Thats his opinion! Even he is not a musical talent to decide things, you shud see that he agreed for Angel Studios. Hope you know Budapest is somewhat a cheap/affordable/not too costly option and this Angel studios shud really be somewhat costly. I am not saying we shud praise GVM for offering the freedom to IR. I am saying he too has some opinions, right or wrong. Consider this against many producers who openly disagree for any Budapest or any other Studios outside India! There shud be handful of such!

"Script nallaa irukku, Foreign studio book panni BGM, tracks ellaam nalla quality la pannalaam" nnu IR e suggest seithum athai budget exceed aaguthunnu sollli reject pannura producers are there! Now Gowtham agreed for whatever Raja asked, just that he says an opinion on one of the decisions. This need not be amplified at all. See the other good things he has done, a a marketing manager!

While what you are saying is rational, the way I understood Gowtham's comment was that for a untrained ear like his the choir seemed OK but IR could see the imperfections that he couldnt pick up and did not compromise the overall quality by sticking with the choir's performace he was unhappy with eventhough he knew there was money spent on the choir. I thought Gowtham was admiring IR's integrity for requesting another choir to come in despite the fact that it had the potential to upset the producers because of the incremental costs. I felt that Gowtham narrated that to highlight IR's unique music sense and his uncompromising spirit towards the overall quality of music.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
19th August 2012, 04:51 AM
kr, if that is the thought then its really nice! Gautam didn't elaborate that part as you did!

Gautam surely has shortfalls. Any director will. There are fans who are irritated with the non-stop one minit teasers. Not that they are fedup with the delay and diluting the concept of teaser, and thus drowing the hype itself, but they were against it becos they think "its a very cheap way to market a genius & IR don't need this kind of marketing". Agreed but the effect made by the last teaser is really good.

There are many Gautam haters among IR fans. Though I am seeing many of us actually appreciating gautam after the interview than before. Thats a good change.

Associations with Directors like Gautam is surely essential. How long will IR and we fans keep saying that nobody is needed for IR and only ppl who volunteerly take efforts shud come to IR etc?! Already IR's music is reaching to the new GenX aroung 20s via Singing Competitions and old movies aired in TV, Concerts like Endrendrum Raja, FM Channels etc PC as a medium for them may not be automatic. Howmany of them are searching volunteerly for IR music on Net? Maybe those who have their Parents or Elders in their family/friend may show a path for them.

But how many days are they going to listen only to the greater hits of Raja? Ajith is said to have asked to prepare a Village based script with IR music, to Venkat Prabhu. Surya once had expressed his wish to do an film with IR, to gautam. These things shud be taken serious. Diamond Babu shud put in actions, so that things like that shud realize. We have see live, many movies happen before us, Pazhassi Raja, Paa, Nandalala, Sriramarajyam etc. But the real youth, tender young kids who are budding, they should witness IR's music happening live and new before them, in their times, like NEPV! And such albums will be really very pivotal link in those young minds so that they will naturally start to Dig Raja's music, in their 30s 40s! Its like opening a Fixed Account, and Compund Interest shud start accumilating! New Age, New generation, and New Music for them from the same Music God who can create the New Music fresh for them :)

app_engine
19th August 2012, 10:59 AM
(btw, ur from Pollachi? It is my hometown)

illeenga.

pakkaththu ooru(Palakkad)la romba varusham irundhEn...sondha oorukkuppOkaNumnA Pollachi dhAn vazhi :-)

BTW, nice observations on the interview!

senthilv.com
19th August 2012, 12:20 PM
Resul already worked with Raja in Pazhassi raja and the sounds he created (especially during the climax) almost killed the BGM, just my observation.

Oh! didn't know. I'm not surprised by your observation. I think any good sound designer would find it difficult to work with Raja's BGM. It is very easy to screw it up.

Will take a look at the film anyway.

App_engine,

Gotcha. I bought my NBW album in Pollachi in a road side shop. The owner was warning me at that time, that it is just BGM :) But recently, I saw Tamil people respond to Schubert's piece in Raja's concert as if it is Raja music (Or mistaking for Raja's music) Goes to show that Raja has brought us all a long way in WCM.

Sureshs65
19th August 2012, 01:31 PM
skv,

I go with what kr says. Gautham was definitely trying to highlight Raja's perfection. In the sense that for layman what seems to be good was not 'good enough' for the perfectionist in Raja. I don't think it had anything to do with budget and such.

MumbaiRamki
21st August 2012, 02:58 PM
http://www.flipkart.com/neethaane-ponvasantham-music/p/itmdcmnxwgptfucd?pid=AVMDCMNHBRGRVVKH&ref=b92b408a-f9ff-4550-b977-7d9dfbe3007d

1. Kaatrai Konjam - Karthik - 05Min 34Sec
2. Pudikale Maamu - Suraj Jagan, Karthik - 06Min 00Sec
3. Yennodu Vaa Vaa - Karthik - 04Min 19Sec
4. Saayndhu Saayndhu - Yuvanshankar Raja, Ramya NSK - 06Min 07Sec
5. Pengal Yendral - Yuvanshankar Raja - 04Min 06Sec
6. Mudhal Murai - Sunidhi Chauhan - 03Min 55Sec
7. Sattru Munbu - Ramya NSK - 05Min 57Sec
8. Vaanam Mella - Ilaiyaraaja, Bela Shende - 06Min 02Se

Interesting singer choices. :)

MumbaiRamki
21st August 2012, 03:04 PM
Ramya NSK is interesting find . More like Andrea types i see .
http://soundcloud.com/singer-ramya

Nerd
21st August 2012, 04:53 PM
Bela Shinde again??!! Ippayaavadhu thamizh varudhaanu paarkkalaam. Shreya kozhandha rembba busyO?

Ramya NSK is the one who sang that Rihanna song in thamizh, no?

irir123
21st August 2012, 06:47 PM
no options for buying it outside India ?

SONY pereeeyya meeesic brandnnu sonnainga ?imbuttu thaana ?

Bala (Karthik)
21st August 2012, 06:52 PM
Bela Shinde again??!! Ippayaavadhu thamizh varudhaanu paarkkalaam. Shreya kozhandha rembba busyO?

"Machaan machaan" (for Yuvan!!) la mistakes edhuvum irundha madhiri nyabaham illaye. Tamil la vera enna paadirukkaanga?

Kimrep
21st August 2012, 06:57 PM
no options for buying it outside India ?

SONY pereeeyya meeesic brandnnu sonnainga ?imbuttu thaana ?

Enakkum athe peeling... sucks! Saw this on the facebook group page, hope its accurate. Kamesh has been pretty good with info he posts...

Kamesh Bavaratnam (https://www.facebook.com/kamesh.bavaratnam)By Sep 1st, 2012 - NEPV will be available on itunes - this is a confirmed information

Nerd
21st August 2012, 06:58 PM
"Machaan machaan" (for Yuvan!!) la mistakes edhuvum irundha madhiri nyabaham illaye. Tamil la vera enna paadirukkaanga?
Ozhi tharum forgot-aa? :-) There are a few more for Raaja himself. Enge nee senRaalum while Karthik aces at the other end for one...

jaiganes
21st August 2012, 07:00 PM

Ramya NSK is the one who sang that Rihanna song in thamizh, no?

Shreya paappa - concentration poodchunnu nenaikaren.. she is in USA - saw an ad of a musical nite in chikkago. wind irukkumboadhe thootrikaraangannu nenaikaren.

SVN
21st August 2012, 07:33 PM
Ayyo! Bela Shinde's atrocious Tamil diction and Yuvan singing for 2 songs????? Kizhinjudhu lambaadi lungi!

My hope largely is on Karthik, NSK Ramya and Sunidhi, in that order.

Ramya is the grand-daughter of one of the greatest comedians of Tamil cinema, Nagercoil Sudalaimuthu Krishnan (N.S.K). Her singing style reminds one of Sunidhi Chauhan's. Good find indeed.

V_S
21st August 2012, 07:44 PM
Ayyo! Bela Shinde's atrocious Tamil diction
+111111111111 Yes, this is the least thing I wanted to happen. Could not forget the Vaalmiki nightmare till now.

Bala (Karthik)
21st August 2012, 07:47 PM
:oops: Completely forgot (irukkara konja nanja grey cells dying)

app_engine
21st August 2012, 08:31 PM
B Shinde - is she the 'booze irukkudhu' (appadeennA 'poo sirikkudhu'nnu artham) ammaNi?

SoftSword
21st August 2012, 08:33 PM
'booze irukkudhu' (appadeennA 'poo sirikkudhu'nnu artham) ammaNi?

:rotfl:

venkkiram
21st August 2012, 08:50 PM
Come on! We have come across and digested well the diction of Latha, Asha! இதுவும் கடந்து போகும்! பழக பழக சரியாயிடும். தமிழின் பல்வேறு வட்டார மொழி வடிவங்களின் ஒலிகளில் ஒன்றாக நெனச்சிகிட்டு போக வேண்டியதுதான்.

V_S
21st August 2012, 11:19 PM
venkki sir,
Ippidi compromise panni panni thaan ippo namma music, especially singing enga vanthu nikkuthu paarunga. If it was not that glaring enough, atleast we can ignore as you say, but if it is right on the face, I can only ignore the song. That too if the first word (in an ever beautiful composition) is itself wrong, that too replacing a beautiful word ஒளி with ஒழி, and another beautiful word like விளக்கானேன் spelled as விழக்கானேன், then definitely I cannot take it more. These are just few examples, many more spoiler like that definitely kills the song. The most surprising thing about Shela Binde is she gets the most difficult word 'ழ' right, but every time at the wrong place.

Sureshs65
21st August 2012, 11:25 PM
Heard from some folks that the Raja duet is supposed to be very good. Let us wait and see what Bela does. Anyway, the tracklist is in keeping in touch with the pheelings of the 'youth', who want new voices and bad pronunciation :D As venki says, we have to get used to it.

venkkiram
21st August 2012, 11:27 PM
venkki sir,
Ippidi compromise panni panni thaan ippo namma music, especially singing enga vanthu nikkuthu paarunga. If it was not that glaring enough, atleast we can ignore as you say, but if it is right on the face, I can only ignore the song. That too if the first word (in an ever beautiful composition) is itself wrong, that too replacing a beautiful word ஒளி with ஒழி, and another beautiful word like விளக்கானேன் spelled as விழக்கானேன், then definitely I cannot take it more. These are just few examples, many more spoiler like that definitely kills the song. The most surprising thing about Shela Binde is she gets the most difficult word 'ழ' right, but every time at the wrong place. Fully agree with you V_S Sir. But at the same time, please don't blame only the singers for their diction murder. The sanctioning authorities ( Music Director and Director of the movie) takes 50% of the blame. Blame the song making process which allows that issues come out from recording theater. When IR saying he asked a whole choir team to vacate due to their bad performance in London and had a replacement, why not firing a singer for poor diction? This always baffles me.

Sureshs65
21st August 2012, 11:29 PM
V_S,

That song is just too much. Poor girls goes la for zha and zha for la and total konfees only. For that song atleast I would say Raja has to take some part of the blame. Or atleast knowing what the lyrics were, he should have given it to someone like Reeta. My personal feeling is that Raja uses Bela more as Shreya's replacement. That is what Aakarsh was also saying on twitter.

Anyway, the list looks promising. And inspite of the fact that I may be lynched, let me confess that I had no problems at all with Yuvan in 'Saindhu Saindhu'. Maybe I am 'still a young yaar' in my heart :lol:

Plum
21st August 2012, 11:31 PM
booze ammAyi is Rita no? nAn kooda EdhO Anglo Indiannu nenaichEn. pArthA, SuchaRitavAm. Comments invited from Bala(Karthik)

V_S
21st August 2012, 11:34 PM
For that song atleast I would say Raja has to take some part of the blame:lol:
I totally agree. My main frustration is I am skipping that wonderful song just because of her. Too terrified to go into that song. :lol:

Plum
21st August 2012, 11:35 PM
Suresh - yes I also felt that Poor Man's Shreya thingy with Bela Shinde. Voice is not bad actually. Current generationla

Shreya
Daylight
Manjari (She is very, very, very good - aced kAiyetha kombathu on all aspects and quite a few malayalam songs including Oru CHiri Kandal highlighted by V_S in the other thread. Liked her naan thedum in Raja concert too)
Mahathi, Bela Shinde etc

Mahathi making debut with Enna maRandhAlum was very promising but seems to have lost her way after making it to the Jayaraj stable with aiyayyo pudichirukku.

(Althiough to be fair, buvvAvukku Jayaraj stable is a good place comparitively to be)

San_K
21st August 2012, 11:39 PM
I think we should blame on IR too for not watching these mistakes. As said by IR, Once kamal sung பன்னீர் புஷ்பங்ஙளே instead of பன்னீர் புஷ்பங்களே and later only IR discovered. Empa asistundugala neengalavathu (neengathaan) paarkkanum idhellamm. See how Shreya Ghoshal is singing with good pronountiation, that is called dedication

San_K
21st August 2012, 11:41 PM
booze ammAyi is Rita no? nAn kooda EdhO Anglo Indiannu nenaichEn. pArthA, SuchaRitavAm. Comments invited from Bala(Karthik)

I think this is another name of Bela :roll:

Bala (Karthik)
22nd August 2012, 12:20 AM
Yes, poor man's Shreya. I initially thought Mann Mohana (Jodha Akbazh) was by Shreya.

Plum
Yes, Manjari is good. Mahathi-ya? Didn't expect this from you. Big Swamigal fan though
(Kis Kis micro thundu dhaan. Munna, Mahath SPBC link up play)

Didn't like Rita initially. Not great on the 2005 and recent concerts also. Some redemption in mayilu though

rajkumarc
22nd August 2012, 02:22 AM
Poo Sirikkudhu is by Rita only. She is not that bad on the diction side except for the booze bit :smile:. Loved her Thukkamenna Thuyaramenna from Mayilu and I think she emotes quite well. Even in the recent IR concert, she sang Ithu Oru Nila Kaalam pretty well but one cannot get over the murder of Edho Mogam by her in the same concert.

Bela Shinde has sung some really lovely numbers for IR. Her upcoming number in NEPV should be good, no doubt.
Kooda Varuviya and Oli Tharum in Vaalmiki
Ponmani Theril from Jaganmohini
Karuga Mani from Azhagar Malai
Unnai Patri Sonnal from Mathiya Chennai (Bela or Rita??)

AravindMano
22nd August 2012, 03:31 AM
http://www.flipkart.com/neethaane-ponvasantham-music/p/itmdcmnxwgptfucd?pid=AVMDCMNHBRGRVVKH&ref=b92b408a-f9ff-4550-b977-7d9dfbe3007d

1. Kaatrai Konjam - Karthik - 05Min 34Sec
2. Pudikale Maamu - Suraj Jagan, Karthik - 06Min 00Sec
3. Yennodu Vaa Vaa - Karthik - 04Min 19Sec
4. Saayndhu Saayndhu - Yuvanshankar Raja, Ramya NSK - 06Min 07Sec
5. Pengal Yendral - Yuvanshankar Raja - 04Min 06Sec
6. Mudhal Murai - Sunidhi Chauhan - 03Min 55Sec
7. Sattru Munbu - Ramya NSK - 05Min 57Sec
8. Vaanam Mella - Ilaiyaraaja, Bela Shende - 06Min 02Se

Interesting singer choices. :)

Yay.

No Rita, Priya, Anita, Prasanna, Gisanna etc., :redjump:

Y NO SHREYA GHOSHALLLLLLLLLLLLL?

And there is a female voice in Saaindhu Saaindhu. Kood. (Not that I dislike Yuvan)

Raaja edhukku indha padaththukku pAdiyirukkAr :confused:

baroque
22nd August 2012, 05:01 AM
mmm...
Singer Karthik & orchestration!:-D
Be content!

Sureshs65
22nd August 2012, 10:12 AM
Hmmm. Sunidhi Chauhan looks promising. She was good in both 'Hichki Hichki' and 'chinna polike' (Om Shanthi).

Aravind: And no Tippu either :)

rajkumar: 'Unnai Patri' was by Rita. She emoted quite well in 'kathirunden kathirunden' in 'Sengaathu Bhoomiyile'. Bela had some superb songs in the Kannada film, 'Nannavanu'. With SPB she sang 'mudhalane baari' and with Sriram Parthasarathy she sang 'yenidhu'. Both superb numbers. She also had a nice duet with Raja in that movie.

raja_fan
22nd August 2012, 11:46 AM
"Pudikkala maamu" ?

Bayamaa irukke ! Indha kuthu paattu, youth paattu idhellaam ippo IR padathula risky thaan. Hope it is not mediocre as "Edudaa melatha naan paadum pattukku.." of Kannukkul nilavu..

MumbaiRamki
22nd August 2012, 12:20 PM
"Pudikkala maamu" ?

Bayamaa irukke ! Indha kuthu paattu, youth paattu idhellaam ippo IR padathula risky thaan. Hope it is not mediocre as "Edudaa melatha naan paadum pattukku.." of Kannukkul nilavu..

I love that song :)

raja_fan
22nd August 2012, 12:34 PM
Ramya NSK is the grand daughter of Kalaivaanar NSK.

San_K
22nd August 2012, 12:54 PM
Kalaivaanar padiyirukkaru illa though not a professional singer

San_K
22nd August 2012, 01:05 PM
"Pudikkala maamu" ?

+1, antha vaarthaigale pudikkala

thumburu
22nd August 2012, 04:29 PM
"Pudikkala maamu" ?

- Objection uvar Aanar. "One of a kind" kutthus by the maestro- SPB deadly combo.

app_engine
22nd August 2012, 06:42 PM
Already registered my objection (a couple of days back) for the mAmu word in the NEPV thread in TF section.

Once again calling it 'soththak kadalai' here also :mad:

jaiganes
22nd August 2012, 07:10 PM
+111111111111 Yes, this is the least thing I wanted to happen. Could not forget the Vaalmiki nightmare till now.
Njaan thamizh lover illaa.. enikku Bela shindeinde voice vaLara ishtamaanu.. munnaal noakkunnu (looking forward)..

AravindMano
23rd August 2012, 12:00 AM
Gautham tweets - Tamil audio on September 1. Telugu on September 2.

One song on air on FMs on 29th.

app_engine
23rd August 2012, 12:14 AM
Gautham tweets - Tamil audio on September 1. Telugu on September 2.

One song on air on FMs on 29th.

:clap:

Teaser torture to end soon :-)

Nerd
23rd August 2012, 01:41 AM
Avasarappattu ticket edukkavENdaam. He himself once tweeted that Audio first week of July, may be even 1st of July :lol2:

No, I am very confident that it will release this time on the said date :-)

Any guesses on the first song to be aired? Saainthu, of course.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
23rd August 2012, 06:13 PM
For those who can drop in to Express Avenue Mall, Chennai, this Friday evening

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/527900_408457772546576_745017479_n.jpg

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
23rd August 2012, 11:27 PM
Hubbers in US, Any of you interested in getting NEP CDs? Though you may listen thru Raaga.com(don't know if they will upload as soon as Sep 1st), there are some fans in facebook Raja group, willing to get CDs, even though they may listen online, becos this is a special album.

I am asking this on behalf of Kameshratnam. He is going to send some 200 Discs to US. But he needs to divide them areawise (NY, Tx, SF) and and send accordingly.

jaiganes
24th August 2012, 01:17 AM
Hubbers in US, Any of you interested in getting NEP CDs? Though you may listen thru Raaga.com(don't know if they will upload as soon as Sep 1st), there are some fans in facebook Raja group, willing to get CDs, even though they may listen online, becos this is a special album.

I am asking this on behalf of Kameshratnam. He is going to send some 200 Discs to US. But he needs to divide them areawise (NY, Tx, SF) and and send accordingly.
I was thinking of iTunes.. It will release in iTunes .. wont it?

anegan
24th August 2012, 02:22 AM

I am interested in the CD. I may need more than one depending on how logistics work out.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
24th August 2012, 02:43 AM
anegan, tomorrow, Kamesh will send a link to enter ur details(privacy will be maintained) and based on the inputs from fans in hub, facebook, twitter, yahoo group, he will do the needful. keep watching this thread :)

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
24th August 2012, 02:45 AM
I was thinking of iTunes.. It will release in iTunes .. wont it?

iTunes, Amazon et all, not known for sure! EVen Kamesh is clueless. May be or may not be! This initiative is being taken since some fans need to get hold of a physical medium of this album, inspite of listening to Raaga.com etc, as this is pesal album :)

kr
24th August 2012, 03:30 AM
Hi SKR:

I am interested in multiple CDs also. I live in NJ (south jersey closer to Philadelphia)

AravindMano
24th August 2012, 05:17 AM
iTunes, Amazon et all, not known for sure! EVen Kamesh is clueless.

Kamesh has been saying that it will be available on iTunes on September 1st.

I would not prefer CD being shipped across seas. Sony is not taking care of it, it is best to go for legal downloads. Collecting a CD can always happen later.

V_S
24th August 2012, 05:54 AM
Aravind,
I think even with iTunes, we cannot guarantee they will release all round the world. As you might know, there are separate links in iTunes for each country and you will not be allowed to purchase across country, unless they release it separately.
http://www.apple.com/in/itunes/ (india)
http://www.apple.com/uk/itunes/ (uk)
http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ (usa) and so on.

May be Kamesh was mentioning about iTunes India. I may be wrong too.

AravindMano
24th August 2012, 06:03 AM
Aravind,
I think even with iTunes, we cannot guarantee they will release all round the world. As you might know, there are separate links in iTunes for each country and you will not be allowed to purchase across country, unless they release it separately.
http://www.apple.com/in/itunes/ (india)
http://www.apple.com/uk/itunes/ (uk)
http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ (usa) and so on.

May be Kamesh was mentioning about iTunes India. I may be wrong too.

Oh, okay Ji. He knows am in USA and was telling me that it will be available. So probably he meant USA too. Will check with him.

rajkumarc
24th August 2012, 06:04 AM
VS - I think they will for sure release in iTunes USA. I have downloaded various new albums of IR from iTunes - Azhagarsaamiyin Kudhirai, Sengathu Boomiyile, Thandavakone, Ponnar Shankar etc. Given the popularity of NEPV and marketing by Sony etc, I would be really shocked if they don't release it on iTunes the same day as the audio cd release.

V_S
24th August 2012, 06:32 AM
If they are releasing in US, there can't be any happy news than this. :D I remember Agi music released Thandavakone and Sengaathu Bhoomiyile in iTunes US too. Ponnar shankar was not by Agi. Not sure about ASK, as I got CD from India. As I said, there were very few music released in iTunes US (at the time of launch). May be just the above two only. That's why I am doubtful. If it happens, gifted we are. In any case, I would go for audio CD.:smile:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
24th August 2012, 06:41 AM
Ok, in case of shipping bulk CDs to USA, say some 200 CDs, what is the suggested process? I mean, how to split? Splitting it into 3, NY, CHicago & SF would be apt right? Then ppl who get it can ship to nearer places. Or else, what process to follow? Give suggestions!

V_S
24th August 2012, 06:53 AM
That's a good idea sakala. That will save the shipping cost from India, not sure about other shipping formalities for bulk CDs.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
24th August 2012, 07:04 AM
Shipping CDs is not any trouble. Even bulk, it won't weigh much and May be if the contents are shown to the freight carrier no more problems shud rise. Let me check that, anyways

V_S
24th August 2012, 07:15 AM
//sakala, please check you pm.//

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
24th August 2012, 07:21 AM
replied :)

Gregorysab
24th August 2012, 05:10 PM
won a pass for audio release function in Hyderabad, through a contest on twitter! :-) I will be attending it! :redjump::redjump::happydance: And I hope Maestro is performing!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
24th August 2012, 07:18 PM
//sakala, please check you pm.//

V_S, the link is active now! Enter your data now! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dF9KZjF6TlBQd2ZTUUZZZXRQbnBwL UE6MQ

KV
24th August 2012, 07:58 PM
won a pass for audio release function in Hyderabad, through a contest on twitter! :-) I will be attending it! :redjump::redjump::happydance: And I hope Maestro is performing!

:thumbsup: congrats bossu!
By the by, no options to pre-order 'yeto velli pOyindhi manasu'? :roll:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
24th August 2012, 08:10 PM
yasmeen parveen Alis ‏@Filmyparveen (https://twitter.com/Filmyparveen) #NEP (https://twitter.com/search/?src=hash&q=%23NEP) promo launch in #expressavenue (https://twitter.com/search/?src=hash&q=%23expressavenue) Ilaiyaraja and Gautham Menon are in the same place as me.
Retweeted by IlaiyaraajaFans (https://twitter.com/IlaiyaraajaFans)

These guys shud be lucky, they wud be hearing Kaatrai konjam full song, now!

app_engine
24th August 2012, 08:26 PM
V_S, the link is active now! Enter your data now! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dF9KZjF6TlBQd2ZTUUZZZXRQbnBwL UE6MQ

nanRi, I've asked for a dozen, with credit card option / https page...let's see...

Nerd
24th August 2012, 08:35 PM
nanRi, I've asked for a dozen, with credit card option / https page...let's see...
:lol: Boss, (if I am not wrong) this is a fan created page, not official. I don't think they can buy SSL certs and stuff.

Btw, I really don't like the iTunes quality either. Most of the time the encoding is just 192KBPS and the quality is <<< audio CD..

app_engine
24th August 2012, 08:56 PM
Nerd,
:-)

I've also indicated there that even B2C portal links (say eBay) will do...

KV
24th August 2012, 09:50 PM
This pic was posted in the NEPV thread in the TFM section (nandri, HR).
There are some musicians in it. Was there some sort of a live performance there? Any bits from NEPV? Did anyone happen to watch this show?

http://s1-05.twitpicproxy.com/photos/large/643595751.jpg?key=1024768

svaisn
24th August 2012, 10:07 PM
Any site to buy the CD Online... after release????

baroque
24th August 2012, 10:40 PM
yeah....I am interested to know too! In USA of course!

senthilv.com
24th August 2012, 11:22 PM

Happy for you! Nice social media initiative. Glad to see NEPV team doing it well.

teja
25th August 2012, 12:12 AM
"Goutham Menon Singing Ennodu Vaa Vaa"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASInkYAgtSU

You get to hear the Anupallavi. Nice!

San_K
25th August 2012, 12:31 AM
+1

after the two lines it goes to a new high :very_good:

KV
25th August 2012, 12:41 AM
thanks teja.
I tried not to listen, but gave in to the temptation. koot.

baroque
25th August 2012, 02:11 AM
yeah...

Nerd
25th August 2012, 03:33 AM
Sounds like a uberblade retro song like naan siriththal theebaavaLi.. I d be happy to be proven wrong. Still what 6 days? :-)

AravindMano
25th August 2012, 04:28 AM
enna pAttu idhu :shock: goes downhill after the already underwhelming opening lines

tensionnnnn

AravindMano
25th August 2012, 04:30 AM
but :thumbsup: to Gautham. Business or not, this is a new high in Raja fandom among Kollywood directors.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
25th August 2012, 05:22 AM
Tomorrow, there is another similar event in another mall in chennai! Looks like Gautam wants to make use of this weekend!

But excess aagida poguthu enra kavalaiyum varugirathu

raja_fan
25th August 2012, 09:31 AM
enna pAttu idhu :shock: goes downhill after the already underwhelming opening lines

tensionnnnn

+1.
poga matten..Saapda maatten..thoonga maatten..
Enna paattu idhu ? :(
Can be prescribed for next year nursery rhymes book..think the pair start their l romance with this song in kindergarten.

venkkiram
25th August 2012, 10:30 AM
ivLo periya metro-vileye oru dairadakkare thannoda kuralileye paaduRaar enRaal avarin asaraatha nampikkai pullarikka vaikkuthu.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
25th August 2012, 12:20 PM
Important Announcement

US based Fans, if any of you interested in getting NEPV CDs, kindly fill this Form -> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dF9KZjF6TlBQd2ZTUUZZZXRQbnBwL UE6MQ

Fill this Form So that right Number of CDs can be sent to respective Zones. As of now, New York, Chicago & San Fransisco are considered. Will change, based on the final inputs from All.

Important Note :-

1. The Info collected thru this form will be kept confidential and will be used only for the purpose of sending CDs to fans.

2.This is not Official channel of Sony or Gautam. This is done by 2 fans of Raja, Kameshratnam(http://www.facebook.com/kamesh.bavaratnam) & Vijay SA(http://www.facebook.com/vijay.sa.10).

3. Post your Queries in Mayyam Portal here -> http://bit.ly/QzGmSW OR here -> http://www.facebook.com/groups/IlayaRajafans/

4. There is no extra money for this service and the CD Prices are as mentioned in below links & Shipping. Before Shipment, Complete details about the cost & All other process will be posted in Facebook/Twitter/Mayyam/YahooGroups.

Tamil Version - http://www.flipkart.com/neethaane-ponvasantham-music/p/itmdcmnxwgptfucd?pid=AVMDCMNHBRGRVVKH&ref=405ba4d3-fe8c-4d64-a420-868802e63d88

Telugu Version - http://www.flipkart.com/yeto-vellipoyindhi-manasu-music/p/itmdcrfemkay8hyg?pid=AVMDCRYXGE5WCEZH&ref=1ae5bc71-ff68-42b4-b147-e2ee9ccd4cb2

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
25th August 2012, 12:22 PM
As of now, some 50+ CD quantity request is put up. Mostly its from our mayyam, than Facebook and other sites! But anyways, the word is not spread in other thread, as it was posted here. Soon, Kamesh/Myself will post in other sites/threads

marnsZet
25th August 2012, 02:09 PM
+1.
poga matten..Saapda maatten..thoonga maatten..
Enna paattu idhu ? :(
Can be prescribed for next year nursery rhymes book..think the pair start their l romance with this song in kindergarten.
It appears that we have lot of armchair critics who are out to demean Raja under the guise of being his fans! Am forced to give vent to my feeling after observing how anyone can be so mean and unfair to someone who has given so much joy and happiness to music lovers. I have read posts where things were wrongly described when the video showed the real picture.(Remember Dhoni music release function) And now when a song catches the imagination of all young and old alike with a refreshingly down to earth lyric comes this comment. Be fair please.

Sureshs65
25th August 2012, 03:18 PM
I like eet

ramk1
25th August 2012, 04:52 PM
Not sure if NEPV will live upto its hype. The song promos kinda shows that the songs may be of equivalent to Fazil's tamil movie songs. Let us see if Raja had given a real surprise. If NEPV fails, he may not get any new but already successful young director will approach him agian.

Gregorysab
25th August 2012, 05:08 PM
Extremely glad that GVM did not sing in the film :-)

raja_fan
25th August 2012, 05:22 PM
It appears that we have lot of armchair critics who are out to demean Raja under the guise of being his fans! Am forced to give vent to my feeling after observing how anyone can be so mean and unfair to someone who has given so much joy and happiness to music lovers. I have read posts where things were wrongly described when the video showed the real picture.(Remember Dhoni music release function) And now when a song catches the imagination of all young and old alike with a refreshingly down to earth lyric comes this comment. Be fair please.

Ashivanji,

I think you are new here.
These kind of accusations are not new to me. Since IR has given happiness to me, I need not jump and get excited for all that comes from him. This forum is for expressing our feelings on IR's music -whether it is dislike or like. I have no need to prove that I am a genuine fan of IR by pleasing your expectations.

MelHarmony
25th August 2012, 08:06 PM
Tomorrow, there is another similar event in another mall in chennai! Looks like Gautam wants to make use of this weekend!

But excess aagida poguthu enra kavalaiyum varugirathu

Raajavukku idhalleam podaadhu! These days the so called "popular music" starts and ends in pubs or car stereo.....only IR music has life in it and sustain itself!

I would like to express my concern! I am starting to feel that we are exposing IR's genius to the open space.the more it is open....according to me, the surprise or joy element gets negatively impacted gradually....example: GVM using iphone to record IR's composing session...what do you feel about this trend...
people can differ on my opinion ....

Nevertheless, I am really happy that IR has opened up; but this should to more freedom for IR to create more great stuff!

teja
25th August 2012, 08:09 PM
Ennodu Vaa - Pallavi and anupallavi are awesome. GVM's just outlines what it is going to be, and it holds a lot of promise. I see absolutely no reason to dislike that song, Negative comments at the moment seem pretty premature. Lyric is not bad as many of you are complaining. We have had superhit songs written in pure gibberish (Remember that tamizh padam song?). Honestly when was the last time Raja's song (or any other MD's song for that matter) had beautiful lyric? May be in the 80s. Being a Telugu, I have learned to tune myself out of the lyric - majority of them pander to the masses. Just enjoy the splendor of his music. If it is any consolation - simpler the lyric, bigger the success.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
25th August 2012, 08:28 PM
So far, in Flipkart, Pre-Order crossed 1000 CDs. In the excel we have put, its 66CDs, mostly few of them asking for 10+ numbers. Good sign everywhere!

Nerd
25th August 2012, 09:15 PM
Negative comments at the moment seem pretty premature.
So are the positive comments, don't you think?

MelHarmony
25th August 2012, 09:42 PM
Honestly when was the last time Raja's song (or any other MD's song for that matter) had beautiful lyric? May be in the 80s.

i would slightly differ on this...we have had many films after 80s with good poetic lyrics! a short list that comes to mind for you!

1. sethu
2. pithamagan
3. naan kadavul
4. pazhassi raja
5. Azhagi
6. dhoni
7. vaalmiki
8. bharathi

marnsZet
25th August 2012, 10:41 PM
Ashivanji,

I think you are new here.
These kind of accusations are not new to me. Since IR has given happiness to me, I need not jump and get excited for all that comes from him. This forum is for expressing our feelings on IR's music -whether it is dislike or like. I have no need to prove that I am a genuine fan of IR by pleasing your expectations.
Raja_fan,
As you have rightly remarked am new here but have been around for quite some time listening to Him. Everyone is entitled to have their own opinion about what is good music and what appeals to one need not be to the liking of all.But any mature critic would NOT JUMP the gun the way some of us have done here without even waiting to hear the full song. Imagine a couple of teasers of 30 seconds or less of the audio evoking comments like sounding similar to ABBA ! And S.A.Rajkumar! And Villu song! And what not? I can only laugh.

All of you are either seasoned or seniors or veterans. Hmmmmm.

Bala (Karthik)
25th August 2012, 11:15 PM
I like eet
Panchathanthiram: "nee oodhave vendaam".
There is no Raaja song (past present feature) that you don't/won't like. Unga kitta sila pala idhu kekkanum, apparam kekkaren :)

Bala (Karthik)
25th August 2012, 11:22 PM
. We have had superhit songs written in pure gibberish (Remember that tamizh padam song?).
What???? :shock: I really think (and hope) that you said that because you dont know what that film is about.

In my very humble opinion, thd biggest issue facing Raajaism is from within. My only question (that astounds and baffles me) is "appo 'adhellaam'/matradhellaam eppadi rasicheenga, what basis, kaaranam? Appo adhoda value enna?"

Bala (Karthik)
25th August 2012, 11:29 PM
So are the positive comments, don't you think?
And the negative comments (for only that song, enna poruthavaraikkum) are only for/based on those 30 seconds. I would be thrilled if my apprehensions turn out to be unfounded but can you(Teja) tell what is "awesome" about the two/three lines? Musically (the tune itself, say the raagam, or the punctuating/accompanying music) or do you mean the feel is awesome? Let's talk in the context of Raaja's work and what we have come to identify as his kind

teja
26th August 2012, 07:41 AM
@bala, Hmm, I don't see a way to answer your question. It like trying to explain some one why you like a certain dish. It just tastes good , that's all. Like wise it just 'immensly' appealed to me (and a few others here), so much that it was in a loop for an hour. Dissecting and subjecting it to scrutiny will lead no where. Why am I betting on it so much? I know what Raja is capable of. He can turn simple tunes into soulful melodies. He has done it so many times in the past. Let's just wait for a week. If the 'full' song doesn't turn out promising, I'll be the first one to brickbat. :)

PS: I'm not a sycophantic raja bhaktar. I have been quite critical about some of his recent works.

Btw, I am aware of Tamizh Padam premise. I was too lazy to list out songs in gibberish. Chose to list the spoof instead.

AravindMano
26th August 2012, 08:07 AM
Overheard in Raja fan group in FB.

" got a golden opportunity to listen full track of Ennodu va va frm Nep album, thalaiva, 1st interlude end vara oru symphony ey panni irukaar thalaivar, 2nd saranam chords maathi vera style, idhe song aa normal aa compose panni hit aaki irukalam, aana raja sir apdi pattavar illa, evlo vishiyam indha oru song la, sathiyama solren, release apuram yellarum thirumba thirumba kekka pora paatu, Ennodu va va endru sola maten, classic thalaiva:-):-):-)en ear phone ke inneram andha song register agi irukum:-)"

Sureshs65
26th August 2012, 11:20 AM
Panchathanthiram: "nee oodhave vendaam".
There is no Raaja song (past present feature) that you don't/won't like. Unga kitta sila pala idhu kekkanum, apparam kekkaren :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

V_S
27th August 2012, 09:08 AM
done. Thanks sakala. :smile:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
27th August 2012, 12:38 PM
Hi guys in US who ordered NEPV CD, a short update.

Payment mode is not decided. There are many options emerging. Kamesh is in talks with Sony. 2 things,

1. Sony itself trying to take care of this.
2. If that is not possible, the selected Volunteer can pay and buy CDs in bulk and you ppl living nearby him can decide your mode of payment with him and proceed.

Any other suggestions, welcome.

There is another option, the Volunteer shall sell the CDs thru the Indian Grocery Stores in respective areas., so that it reaches the community easily.s

As of now, nothing is decided. So far some 80+ CD requests have come, and still counting

jaiganes
27th August 2012, 11:42 PM
81 and counting.. BTW velaya sollave illaye..

irir123
28th August 2012, 12:28 AM
skv - selling NEPV cds thru grocery stores ?? like how ? one Priya pickle bottle + 1 cd, one haldiram ready-to-eat panneer masala pack + 1 cd, etc ?? are you serious ?

thats NOT the way to go - better for SONY to release (officially) a minimum of 500 CDs through some chain/outlet in the US and then based on how the sales pick up

i can understand fans/patrons selling/buying TiS CDs this way - that project was a joke from the start (output was great though) - but this one is done by SONY which is not a 'gopal pal podi', 'malabar beedi',company!!

they have to be told caregorically to release the CD wordwide as a limited no - until things pick up

selling through volunteers / fans is crass, cheap and reeks of unprofessionalism!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
28th August 2012, 12:51 AM
IRIR, Kamesh said me that NEP is released by Sony India and to sell in outlets/online in American Land, it shud be only thru Sony US/Global which in fact has some legal issues. Ithukku munnaadi VTV and other albums, Sony or Other labels, TFM Albums ai US la eppadi sale panninaanga, enna channel use panninaanga i don't know. All these effforts are being taken by Kamesh only becos as per his vague source, NEP is NOT coming via Amazon/iTunes anytime soon. So Kamesh planned to sell CDs to some 3 Volunteers (Zonally divided as NY / Chicago / SF ) and they will have to ship the CDs to the nearby fans. So those fans will have to pay to the volunteers of respective areas. Thatswhy we are collecting Area info and Quantity through the forms.

Now that the requirement is around some 100 which will easily grow to 150/200(max) You are most welcome to tell us the alternative mechanism to deliver CDs. Kamesh took this initiative ALSO becos of some US based fans in Facebook wanted to have this CD physically, though they know that they can listen to this online. Becos this album is kinda special in many ways.

And regarding the Indian Stores, again it is an assumption, Assuming that the Volunteer will handover the CDs to the Indian stores and interested parties can go and buy there. This sa to be done off-the-shelf only. We are not in idea of entering NEP CDs to the Store Inventory! As the Quantity is going to be less and the whole process is transparent, ie, nobody is going to get any profit, the Store keeper chall agree for this. Even more, there is a plan that STore keeper gives the CDs ONLY to some fixed ppl(who entered their names in the form) and not to everybody dropping in the stores. Maybe if there are few excessive numbers, they may sell to others. This whoe Indian Store thing depends only on the wrap-up the Volunteer has with his nearby stores. Thus using the Indian Store just as a common point of collection.

Jai, Price will be the CD Price + Shipping. Kamesh is not getting anything out of this. Thatswhy for CD prices, I have given Flipkart Links in that Form, for Reference.
(For handiness, now on I am adding that Form Link in my Siggy)

Before initiating ANY financial move, it will be posted and discussed clearly in Mayyam.com & Facebook. Don't worry!

AravindMano
28th August 2012, 03:16 AM
irir123 - you just spoke my mind. Not the way to go, if 50000 is the target.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
28th August 2012, 07:53 AM
they have to be told caregorically to release the CD wordwide as a limited no - until things pick up

selling through volunteers / fans is crass, cheap and reeks of unprofessionalism!

If that's the case why did some 25+ ppl filled the form and some happily agreed for Volunteering?!? Above all, as i said, Kamesh is in talks with sony and if something happens, then we(Kamesh & Myself) will need not at all take this task of buying CDs and shipping. But as of now nothing is finalised. So in this situation, some fans are taking initiative and rest of the fans, those interested are responding. What problem for others??

With your links, you can always gauge the situation at ground level and if you wish, you take an initiative which is professional according to you. Who stopped you?!? Why needless comments on those who take initiative on their own and work for an option amicably agreeable by all the parties involved?!?

jaiganes
28th August 2012, 08:08 AM
looks like sony has a indian brand to push indian albums into amazon and itunes.
This is what they have done for Kumki - http://www.amazon.com/Kumki/dp/B008Y8GG2G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1346121378&sr=8-1&keywords=kumki

irir123
28th August 2012, 08:22 AM
SKV - i was/am referring to SONY when i spoke of unprofessionalism - pls dont mistake / misunderstand me! its a big company with a history and should be able to market it on their own!

all am saying is, we dont have to be used by SONY for their ends! let them release officially worldwide even if it is limited - and then things will improve automatically!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
28th August 2012, 08:40 AM
Oh OK! :) Actually you know that i am not one with deep links et all. So the best person to answer your question is Kamesh who is talking to Sony. I guess if needed, you too can contact someone in sony directly!

Also, all this works only becos the demand seem to be for lesser number, around 200/300. If there is a huge demand felt in US market, in the range of 1000, then Sony shud take serious steps

irir123
28th August 2012, 12:03 PM
skv - ungala illa Kamesh avargalodavo naan yenga sanda podraen ?? its all abt SONY - they are sitting on a huge pile of cash world over! and they can easily make decent profit from NEPV - if they market it right!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
28th August 2012, 12:21 PM
Athu puriuthunga! But i suggest you have a discussion with Kamesh, ennenna problems irukku nnu list poduvaar! (I guess you are already aware of those issues!) There are many parties involved in this, Raja, his family members, Sony, Producers, Genera Audience, Some IR fans with old/outdated mentality etc... Thala suthifying!

Gregorysab
28th August 2012, 04:43 PM
Sony Music has now released ringtones or rather ringback tunes - from NEPV songs.. and not surprisingly, the tunes are available only for 2 songs for now - saindhu and ennodu vaa.

I wonder why is NEPV team administering us with slow poison. Only 2 songs have been advertised so far, out of 8 songs in total. what is the motive behind not-advertising other songs so far, be it on social media or tv shows? 6 songs are being cleverly shrouded under mystery! There is something to this...

AravindMano
28th August 2012, 09:18 PM
So who is going to record the song that is on air tomorrow?

Sony will put case uh if someone records?

And last time when NenjukkuL peidhidum mAmazhai was similarly aired correct-A night 12 maNikkE pOttuttAnga. FYI.

Nerd
28th August 2012, 10:56 PM

:lol: All the talk about reprimanding folks / tracking all torrent trackers and blocking them are LOL worthy. The songs will be all over the Internet in a matter of hours.

Anyway Kaattrai konjam tomorrow. Whatever little I heard from that youtube video sounded GREAT. Definite chartbuster.

San_K
28th August 2012, 11:02 PM
So who is going to record the song that is on air tomorrow?

And last time when NenjukkuL peidhidum mAmazhai was similarly aired correct-A night 12 maNikkE pOttuttAnga. FYI.

you mean the will be in air in another an hour?

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
29th August 2012, 12:28 AM
சோனியே வெளியிட்ட "என்னோடு வாவா என்று" பாடல் விசில் ப்ரொமோஷன்! Almost half the song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CRU-a3Wb2I

AravindMano
29th August 2012, 12:38 AM
Nerd - LOL.

Yes, waiting for it. BR has already mentioned that he liked it very much even in that muddy recording. GVM has said that this was just a pallavi and was impressed when it was recorded and made it a full song. And Sony is advertising this as Jiiva's favorite.

San_K - Just saying :D

irir123
29th August 2012, 01:50 AM
torrents upload panravan pannatthaan seivaan - naamalaa paathu dhaan original CDs vaananum

idhukkuthhaan, SONY worldwide CDs release pannungadaaangaren!

marnsZet
29th August 2012, 07:46 AM
Still no news about when and where we can get tickets or passes for the audio release function? Knowledgeable persons please throw some light!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
29th August 2012, 08:56 AM
THere is an unofficial news in facebook group that the Hydrabad Concert is being cancelled. No signs if tickets for chennai event. NEPV is still continuing its sothapals

sivasub
29th August 2012, 09:05 AM
THere is an unofficial news in facebook group that the Hydrabad Concert is being cancelled. No signs if tickets for chennai event. NEPV is still continuing its sothapals

Book my show does not show the link anymore. That means either the tickets got sold out or the show is cancelled. Who can tell us what's happening?

sivasub
29th August 2012, 09:13 AM
Just called the bookmyshow guys and they confirmed that the show indeed is cancelled. What more.. there could be a show in November next. So is the audio postponed too???

krish244
29th August 2012, 11:49 AM
Hungarian musicians for September 1 NEPV audio launch?

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/regional/tamil/news-interviews/Raaja-on-a-Hungarian-note/articleshow/15892538.cms

thanks,

Krishnan

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
29th August 2012, 12:23 PM
Those in Chennai tune in to 98.3 Radio Mirchi to hear Kaatrai Konjam song! Those who have heard say its awesome!

marnsZet
29th August 2012, 12:25 PM
Those in Chennai tune in to 98.3 Radio Mirchi to hear Kaatrai Konjam song! Those who have heard say its awesome!

Poor souls in coimbatore????

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
29th August 2012, 12:28 PM
Even I am in Bangalore, and Radio Mirchi is not online. Wait for 3 more days!

skr
29th August 2012, 01:47 PM
Buy NEPV tickets here for audio launch on 1st Sep at Nehru Indoor Stadium
http://www.ticketnew.com/OnlineTheat...QZwhM+GZmf8%3D

Only 500 Rs ticket and you get a CD and a poster signed by Raaja apart from attending the audio launch ..Its a good deal.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
29th August 2012, 01:59 PM
http://www.ticketnew.com/OnlineTheatre/Theatre/BookingPage.aspx?eventselected=MzA4Nw==-QZwhM+GZmf8=

This is the link.

wizzy
29th August 2012, 02:13 PM
Buy NEPV tickets here for audio launch on 1st Sep at Nehru Indoor Stadium
http://www.ticketnew.com/OnlineTheat...QZwhM+GZmf8%3D

Only 500 Rs ticket and you get a CD and a poster signed by Raaja apart from attending the audio launch ..Its a good deal.

:thumbsup: pliss to do the needful ;-)

Gregorysab
29th August 2012, 02:34 PM
Now that Hyderabad show is canceled :banghead::curse::curse::banghead: ...

I will be content if I receive the cd on 1st september!

and if the poster is good... can someone send to me please :)

Gregorysab
29th August 2012, 03:55 PM
Teaser of Kaatre Konjem from NEPV, posted by @sharankay on twitter:

http://soundcloud.com/saravana-kumar-perumal/kaatrai-konjam-sample-nepv

Simply superb!!! There is something distinctly 80s kind of melody (not arrangements, melody) in the charanam... the execution is jazz (as expected). I am lovvvvvinggg this!! Raaja... bring it on dear!!!

Gregorysab
29th August 2012, 04:30 PM
The peppiness quotient and the saxophone follow-ups are in Kaatre Konjem are reminding me of: http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR0758'&lang=en

Gregorysab
29th August 2012, 04:32 PM
And here is the full song recorded from Radio by @sharankay: http://soundcloud.com/saravana-kumar-perumal/kaatrai-konjam-promo

NormalMan
29th August 2012, 04:35 PM
And here is the full song recorded from Radio by @sharankay: http://soundcloud.com/saravana-kumar-perumal/kaatrai-konjam-promo

Awesome. Shades of Guru like Oboe.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
29th August 2012, 04:37 PM
http://soundcloud.com/saravana-kumar-perumal/kaatrai-konjam-promo

Full song of Kaatrai Konjam! Pure Bliss!! Naangellaam ithukku worth e illa Raja Sir :(

SoftSword
29th August 2012, 04:42 PM
http://soundcloud.com/saravana-kumar-perumal/kaatrai-konjam-promo

Full song of Kaatrai Konjam! Pure Bliss!! Naangellaam ithukku worth e illa Raja Sir :(

my damn innakkinu paatthu earphones kondu varalai... :evil: