PDA

View Full Version : Neethane En Ponvasantham | Yeto Vellipoyindhi Manasu | Assi Nabbe Poorey Sau

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

P_R
25th June 2012, 09:34 PM
Bharathi's penury is because of his time. In an earlier era it was the norm for artists to be supported by Kings. At the turn of the centuries with printing, publishing and slow ground-gaining of the European model there was a distant dreamy possibility of being financially your own man. Bharathi was caught in the cusp. His temperament was unsuited to work as a court poet composing lurid (yes lurid!) songs for the ettaiyapuram zamindar for financial sustenance. He hints at his regret for having to do that (Bharathi Krishnakumar's recent book arundhavappanRi is about this dark phase in Bharathi's life). He mentions it in his long poem suyasaridhai.

Then in fits and starts he tries to be his own man. He has ambitious plans for publishing and collecting money from people. Doesn't work. He has infrequent sundry patrons but wallows without support. The only time he had a steady stream of revenue when he was working in magazines like swadesamithran.

The same ettayapuram zamin whom he thought poorly of he praises to the sky for money. He writes many a- what is knowns as - seettukkavi, pleading, literally begging for financial support and singing disproportionate songs of praise about the 'King'.

Someone whom he paints even a slightly dirty caricature (thinly disguised), in his short story chinna-sankaran kadhai.

Even his Panchali sabatham is dedicated to 'poets and the patrons who will support them' (i.e. he hasn't got faith that a publication business will take off yet)

He wrote senthamizh naadennum pOdhinilE not on his own accord - it was for a contest on that theme organized by the madurai tamil sanham - which had a good cash prize (his detractors use that to claim, the lines were thus insincere. We need not necessarily conclude so. But it is useful to acknowledge the context anyway).

To be allowed to reenter kadayanallur, he had to write a clemency plea to the local British administrator stating he would be on good behaviour. He did. It was around the same time when he wrote achchamillai achchamillai. Is the former going to colour your opinion about the latter? Doesn't the poem just scintillate anyway?

Contemporaries have ripped apart Bharathi's lack of சொல், பொருள், காலம், யாப்பு mix-ups. He may claim he did it intentionally as a rule-breaking. But he is fair game if someone uses that for lack of control. On what basis do we evaluate 'prowess'?

If we are to take the influence on people/masses...really we'd be overstating the possible reach - I say this with no disrespect. It is fact of the possible reach and technology.

If we are talking about content. Sure, phenomenal. Even in content and outlook he has written many lines that could be unsavoury.

So, if I were to play devil's advocate, I could make many such points.

And lastly: just to be clear I am NOT myself comparing the two artists. It is as apples-oranges as it can get! I was invoking that simply as a way of framing, looking at kalai-cherukku. How I cringe when Raja says something but then I smile when I hear such things about Bharathi!

And even here, I don't even recommend that as a universal framework. Merely stating my personal musing. That's all.

P_R
25th June 2012, 09:42 PM
-matter over-

SoftSword
25th June 2012, 10:00 PM
indha visaaranaiyil pala unmaigal velivaruginaranaa... sabaas...
pr, oru thani thread pottu relevant things ellaam anga eludhalaamae...

Sureshs65
25th June 2012, 10:51 PM
"ஆ நீங்க அப்படி நினைச்சா போதுமா? இதை நீங்க தகுந்த தரவுகள் தந்து நிறுவணும். ஒரு rigourous ஆய்வு முன்வைக்கப்படாத வரை, என்னைப் போன்றோர் இதை ஏற்றுக்கொள்வது கடினம். ராஜா தான் greater!"

equa,
ஏற்கனவே இங்க எம் எஸ் வீ - ராஜா வாய்க்கா தகராறு. இதுக்கு மேல கைய புடிச்சு இழுக்க வேண்டாமுன்னு அப்படி சொன்னேன். தீர யோசித்தா நான் உங்க கருத்தோட உடன்படுறேன். ஒரு அளவுக்கு அத நிறுவமும் முடியும். ஆனா பஞ்சாயத்துக்கு இப்போ கைவசம் சமயம் குறைவு. அதனால இங்கயே விட்டுடுறேன்.

genesis
26th June 2012, 12:59 AM
What is very irritating to me is using specific attributes to place Raja higher in any comparison. These attributes are varied based on the person he is compared to. Just few of pages ago, MSV was put-down because his orchestration capabilities are not as good as Raja's.

Now IR-Bharathi... I am not sure IR and Bharathi can be even compared. Different personalities, totally different era and excelled in different fields.

However there are couple things that go in favor of Bharathi (first one has been already pointed out by baroque)
1. Most of his work was not done for any monetary gain. Compared to what ARR and others make now, IR was not paid what his music is worth, but what ever it was, he did work for monetary gain.
2. Bharathi is considered as revolutionary poet (not only in terms of content, but more in terms of style). Tamil poems are referred to as before and after Bharathi. IR can not be used as the before/after benchmark...He mostly stuck to the format and style used by his predecessors. He is the first or only one used lot of WCM elements - that's the only difference IMHO. Majority consider ARR as the before/after benchmark in TFM as well as IFM. (There were people who were using ARR style/technique before Roja, but ARR happened to be the one who took it to the masses)

Again these are specific attributes and can manipulated to show different results, so I am not interested in any debate.

Whether IR will be revered like Bharathi only future will tell. But HCIR fans in this forum and other places are trying very hard to make that happen.

baroque
26th June 2012, 01:23 AM
yeah.. thanks for bringing a good point.

Bharathi is a pioneer of PUDHU KAVIDHAI! :thumbsup:

C.RAMACHANDRA, S.D.BURMAN, MSV-TKR etc.. all have done different styles of music.

Whether IR will be revered like Bharathi only future will tell. But HCIR fans in this forum and other places are trying very hard to make that happen.

Let them try....

One step at a time for me...
I hope IR of 2012 will give couple of compositions in NEPV for me to revere or go awe like Ninaivellam Nithya or Agni natchathiram!:musicsmile:

when I admire needhane pon vasantham...NN,
I admire Kavingar Vairamuthu and Bala equally and thank them for being there for IR!:ty:

I am a content fan, IR!

vinatha

app_engine
26th June 2012, 01:36 AM
genesis,
There were, are & will be comparisons very many in the world. It can't be helped.

Depending upon either the facts or the comparing person's bias, one will be upped and the other downed or sometimes shown equal :lol2:

And, it all depends upon the reading person's bias whether to get irritated or thrilled :wink:

Coming to those in this thread in recent times :

Comparing Bharathi & IR is quite far-fetched IMHO.
oruththar iyal - innoruththar isai, reNdu pErun vevvERu kAlaththavar; ippadi pala vidhangaLil the parametric differences abound.

The only similarities seem to be: (a) both are creative artists from TN (b) both with historic skill levels in respective fields (c) both with gnAnachcherukku.

OTOH, I feel the comparison between MSV & IR on their artistic skills isn't that much off the mark.
Parametric similarities are too many and the differences betwen the compared individuals is negligible on many but considerable on some. Some observations are based on facts and others based on bias. Matter simble, why kolaveRi on that? :-)

That way, BRangan using MSV as a benchmark is not too far-fetched. As long as he is willing to take the criticisms on the critic in the right spirit (and not arrogantly slight the posters as dimwits who can't appreciate poo-peN), it could pave for some interesting interchange of minds.

Wait for a month or so for the mother of all comparisons :wink:

VTV v/s NEPV :lol:

V_S
26th June 2012, 01:40 AM
He mostly stuck to the format and style used by his predecessors. He is the first or only one used lot of WCM elements - that's the only difference IMHO. Majority consider ARR as the before/after benchmark in TFM as well as IFM.
It's that simple as you pointed out. Well done! I would like take this opportunity to add to your excellent quotes. Even in WCM he has not done anything. He didn't do anything in folk. He didn't do anything in Indian Classical music. He didn't do anything in contemporary music. He didn't invent new sounds. I would say, he does not know music and he has not done anything. We all forgot one thing. There is no one called Ilaiyaraaja and that's why it is very wrong to compare against MSV sir. Now I am remembering everything. Roja came in 1976 followed by Puthiya mugam. That's the best way to put it.

Devaraagam
26th June 2012, 01:56 AM
App,

I used to think one common thing with IR and bharathi. GUTS to talk and do what they think.

However I do not want to compare orange and apple because I like both :)

genesis
26th June 2012, 02:05 AM
genesis,
There were, are & will be comparisons very many in the world. It can't be helped.

Depending upon either the facts or the comparing person's bias, one will be upped and the other downed or sometimes shown equal :lol2:

And, it all depends upon the reading person's bias whether to get irritated or thrilled :wink:

Coming to those in this thread in recent times :

Comparing Bharathi & IR is quite far-fetched IMHO.
oruththar iyal - innoruththar isai, reNdu pErun vevvERu kAlaththavar; ippadi pala vidhangaLil the parametric differences abound.

The only similarities seem to be: (a) both are creative artists from TN (b) both with historic skill levels in respective fields (c) both with gnAnachcherukku.

OTOH, I feel the comparison between MSV & IR on their artistic skills isn't that much off the mark.
Parametric similarities are too many and the differences betwen the compared individuals is negligible on many but considerable on some. Some observations are based on facts and others based on bias. Matter simble, why kolaveRi on that? :-)

That way, BRangan using MSV as a benchmark is not too far-fetched. As long as he is willing to take the criticisms on the critic in the right spirit (and not arrogantly slight the posters as dimwits who can't appreciate poo-peN), it could pave for some interesting interchange of minds.

Wait for a month or so for the mother of all comparisons :wink:

VTV v/s NEPV :lol:

app - I am not complaining about comparison - but how it is done. Yeah, you are right about bias. HCIRF fans get irritated whenever an unbiased opinion is expressed. That person get immediately stamped as "IR hater", "Hidden Agenda", "ARR Fan' etc etc.

I am very sure NEPV will be rated very high in this forum. I will judge based on whether GVM will ever go back to IR.

AravindMano
26th June 2012, 03:39 AM
I am very sure NEPV will be rated very high in this forum.

You have said this a hundred times and we get the point. You judging the reaction now itself is as bad as HCRF already deciding that NEPV is a landmark album. Give us a break.

P_R
26th June 2012, 08:20 AM
I am not interested in the comparsion either. The reason I brought it up has been completely missed. Perhaps I couldn't elucidate this clearly enough.
But I found some points amusing, so I'll respond anyway..

1. Most of his work was not done for any monetary gain. Compared to what ARR and others make now, IR was not paid what his music is worth, but what ever it was, he did work for monetary gain.
:lol2: Who decides what is 'worth'?? I mean, how can we say, latter day works he (or Rahman for that matter) were paid their 'worth'. IR-Bharathi compaison-ai vida indha meesic-money comparison kashtam illaiyA?

And what if a particular song was composed for the 'labor of love'. It becomes a category by itself to be judged differently??

And what is 'doing it for money'? An exact one-to-one quid-pro-quo?
I said how that is not poets operated back then. I gave examples of how bharathi's time was such that it was still not out of the puravalar-pulavar model of financial arrangements.

Did 'who pay' influence his work? I gave examples of how Bharathi has done that and gone about to regret it.
In music, it is scarcely discernible, no? If you are alleging that what MDs do, do not reflect what they want to do- but merely what they choose to sell, we are still evaluating the scale of achievement in the final output, right? (Of course Raja will grumble 'I wasted my life in films etc.', adhai paththi namakku enna?)

Classical musicians got paid for concerts. Classical composers had patrons. So, are we going to discount them?

Or is it 'sufferance of penury' that makes Bharathi shine? Tagore was from one of the richest families of Bengal. IlangovadigaL was the brother of a King.

I do get your point about the virtue of 'selflessness' but we talking about sheer artistic achievement here, aren't we? In fact the precise words Kamal used were: "bhaaradhikku nigaraana oru talent-nE solluvEn"

2. Bharathi is considered as revolutionary poet (not only in terms of content, but more in terms of style). Tamil poems are referred to as before and after Bharathi. IR can not be used as the before/after benchmark...He mostly stuck to the format and style used by his predecessors. He is the first or only one used lot of WCM elements - that's the only difference IMHO. Majority consider ARR as the before/after benchmark in TFM as well as IFM. (There were people who were using ARR style/technique before Roja, but ARR happened to be the one who took it to the masses)

idhellAm vishayam therinjavanga, neenga ellAm pEsikkunga.

Just to clarify one last time: I was NOT trying to equate the two ('Hanumanukkum Bruce-Lee-kum saNdai vandhA yAr jeyippAnga'-nnu chinna kuzhandhaigaL kEkkura mAdhiri). I was merely giving it as an example of how 'cute' arrogance looks when it is in past and we look at it with the glow of admiration.

enna kaiya pudichu izhuthiyA?

Whether IR will be revered like Bharathi only future will tell.
Kamal: un chellappettiya kANamnu solliNdrindhiyOlliyO
Delhi Ganesh: aamaam
Kamal: ....kaaNOm
DG: idhaiyE dhaan aadhyam naan sonnEn

P_R
26th June 2012, 08:37 AM
HCIRF fans get irritated whenever an unbiased opinion is expressed. That person get immediately stamped as "IR hater", "Hidden Agenda", "ARR Fan' etc etc.
I am very sure NEPV will be rated very high in this forum.

pAttu ellAm guppy-yA irukkum. ivanga ellArum summA blindA aahaa-oohoo 'mbAnga appadinnu enna oru unbiased anticipation!

Yuvar pAdinadhukku yERkanavE silapEr thitteetaanga. Dunno if you had a chance to notice all that.
andha gaandharva kural-la naalu pAttA-nu, nAttula palar peedhiyila irukkAnga.

I will judge based on whether GVM will ever go back to IR.
pOga mAttArunga. Do vitruvaar.
aduththa padam Joshua Sridhar.
adhanaal, aRiyappadum needhi yaadhenil....

genesis
26th June 2012, 09:38 AM
P_R,

I already bailed myself out. Just what I expected...my arguments are being manipulated to make them irrelevant or even worse wrong.

I brought in monetary comparison just to indicate whatever it may be, but it was not a selfless act. On second point, Bharthi's work was just done by himself. Movie songs are mostly team work. Arrogance does not help to be a good team player.

My "unbiased" comment about NEPV review is based on what I have seen in this forum for last 4-5 years, not a prediction. I am sure at least few HCIR fans will say Yuvan's voice is the best choice for that song/situation and IR's genius in using his voice etc etc..... (I just hope Yuvan is not trying to do a Alphons Joseph number for his dad)

V_S
26th June 2012, 09:58 AM
P_R,

I already bailed myself out. Arrogance does not help to be a good team player.

genesis,
Please don't take me wrong. You have irritated us to the core by your posts. If you have already bailed out, what is the need to say this 'arrogance thing about IR. We can't take anymore such stuff from you. If you think movie songs is about team work, let it be as your thoughts. Just because of that, you can't blame IR as arrogance since he is not operating in that way. I don't know why suddenly every one is targeting IR like this. Is he your relative or he does he owe you anything? You have been listening to his songs right from 80s and you have no complaints till 92, and someone else is making music in a different way, you want this genius to follow the same way as others, otherwise he is arrogant. Please don't spam this thread and inject poison in every post of yours. If you don't like his music, please feel free to stay away. We cannot take this any longer.

I also demand you to remove your post on IR's arrogance, which is totally unwarranted. Enough is enough! I can't stand a genius like Ilaiyaraaja to be treated in such a bad way, if not for his music! He does not deserve all this! Very sorry Raja for you!

P_R
26th June 2012, 10:12 AM
TeamworkA? That's not how he operates 'nRadhu chinna kuzhandhaikku kooda theriyumE :-)
HR orientation ellAm attend paNNaNum pOlagudhE!

Brando, Kubrick ellArumE 'tough to work with' reputation uLLAvanga. So?

P_R
26th June 2012, 10:15 AM
V_S, cool down X 3.
padam varra varaikkum ippadi yEdhAvadhu pEsittu iruppOmE.

P_R
26th June 2012, 10:20 AM
P_R,

I already bailed myself out. Just what I expected...my arguments are being manipulated to make them irrelevant or even worse wrong.
Hmm... didn't get what I did. Thiruppi pOyi padichchu pArththEn.

I brought in monetary comparison just to indicate whatever it may be, but it was not a selfless act.
I specifically mentioned that I do get ur 'selflessness' argument, didn't I? Just that it is irrelevant to the point

genesis
26th June 2012, 10:40 AM
genesis,
Please don't take me wrong. You have irritated us to the core by your posts. If you have already bailed out, what is the need to say this 'arrogance thing about IR. We can't take anymore such stuff from you. If you think movie songs is about team work, let it be as your thoughts. Just because of that, you can't blame IR as arrogance since he is not operating in that way. I don't know why suddenly every one is targeting IR like this. Is he your relative or he does he owe you anything? You have been listening to his songs right from 80s and you have no complaints till 92, and someone else is making music in a different way, you want this genius to follow the same way as others, otherwise he is arrogant. Please don't spam this thread and inject poison in every post of yours. If you don't like his music, please feel free to stay away. We cannot take this any longer.

I also demand you to remove your post on IR's arrogance, which is totally unwarranted. Enough is enough! I can't stand a genius like Ilaiyaraaja to be treated in such a bad way, if not for his music! He does not deserve all this! Very sorry Raja for you!

Oh Oh, I am sorry V_S. I keep on forgetting this forum is a virtual temple for IR devotees only and there is no place for "non-believers" like me. My comments on IR are making this holy place dirty. It needs to be immediately cleaned up.

FYI, I did not bring up the arrogance into the discussion. I think it was P_R comparing IR and Bharathi. I commented why Bharathi can afford arrogance and IR can not. For the matter of fact, I do not think IR is arrogant.

P-R - Can you please ban me? I think lot many people will be happy here. (I will be too)

genesis
26th June 2012, 10:44 AM
TeamworkA? That's not how he operates 'nRadhu chinna kuzhandhaikku kooda theriyumE :-)
HR orientation ellAm attend paNNaNum pOlagudhE!

Brando, Kubrick ellArumE 'tough to work with' reputation uLLAvanga. So?

"Tough to work" does not necessarily mean arrogance. You are again cleverly diverting!! I am tired of this game.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
26th June 2012, 10:45 AM
P_R - Can you please ban me? Lot many people will be happy here. (I will be too)

Not needed, i guess. Becos, U staying here will allow you see and acknowledge that we are NOT like what you say! Of course, it will take its own sweet time, depending on the GigaHertz of ones brain

P_R
26th June 2012, 10:49 AM
"Tough to work" does not necessarily mean arrogance. You are again cleverly diverting!! I am tired of this game.
Brando not arrogantA? :shock:
Namma Hollywood expert Groucho should elaborate.

Brando would accept the movie, assess if the director is worthy enough to cooperate with and I he didn't think so, would make life hell for him in the sets.

'difficult to work with'nu 'polite-A' sonnEn.

groucho070
26th June 2012, 10:59 AM
P_R, I am not expert, but I know a little bit about Brando. The man is probably the most arrogant pr*** ever worked in Hollywood (Mutiny on the bounty director-a literally kazhutta pudichu set veliya ettinAr)...and yet he was still hailed as genious and continued to work on important projects until he got fat and lazy...nay obese and just didn't care about his career.

equanimus
26th June 2012, 11:05 AM
வேடிக்கை என்னன்னா, இங்க பலருக்கு (நான் உட்பட) பாரதியை விட ராஜாவையே நல்லா தெரியும். (பாரதி யாருன்னு எல்லாருக்கும் தெரியும், எவ்வளோ நல்ல தெரியும்ங்கறது தான் கேள்வி.) Familiarity breeds contempt 'ங்கற மாதிரி, ராஜா மேல ஏதோ கடுப்பு, அதை நிறுவ பாரதி ஒரு மகான்-ங்கற பொதுவான கற்பிதத்தை அப்படியே உள்வாங்கிக்கிட்டுப் பேசறாங்க. இதுல பிராண்டோ வேறயா!

genesis
26th June 2012, 11:05 AM
P_R, I am not expert, but I know a little bit about Brando. The man is probably the most arrogant pr*** ever worked in Hollywood (Mutiny on the bounty director-a literally kazhutta pudichu set veliya ettinAr)...and yet he was still hailed as genious and continued to work on important projects until he got fat and lazy...nay obese and just didn't care about his career.

P_R and groucho - From what I read in Wiki it does not look like Brando was professionally arrogant, but as a person. I do not know much about MB, so I have to refrain.

equanimus
26th June 2012, 11:07 AM
Now wiki-ing -- Ilaiyaraaja.

P_R
26th June 2012, 11:08 AM
AvingaLai ellAm complain mAdhiri 'appadiyE saapidalaam'nu rasikkiReengaLE...indha manusanukkum pArththu edhunA seyngannu solREn. Thasaal.

genesis
26th June 2012, 11:09 AM
வேடிக்கை என்னன்னா, இங்க பலருக்கு (நான் உட்பட) பாரதியை விட ராஜாவையே நல்லா தெரியும். (பாரதி யாருன்னு எல்லாருக்கும் தெரியும், எவ்வளோ நல்ல தெரியும்ங்கறது தான் கேள்வி.) Familiarity breeds contempt 'ங்கற மாதிரி, ராஜா மேல ஏதோ கடுப்பு, அதை நிறுவ பாரதி ஒரு மகான்-ங்கற பொதுவான கற்பிதத்தை அப்படியே உள்வாங்கிக்கிட்டுப் பேசறாங்க. இதுல பிராண்டோ வேறயா!

அப்புறம் ஏன்யா அவரோட இவரை compare பண்றீங்க?

raajarasigan
26th June 2012, 11:10 AM
Now wiki-ing -- Ilaiyaraaja.:lol:

genesis
26th June 2012, 11:12 AM
Now wiki-ing -- Ilaiyaraaja.

That page is in total HCIRF control!! waste of time.

P_R
26th June 2012, 11:18 AM
அப்புறம் ஏன்யா அவரோட இவரை compare பண்றீங்க?

கர்த்தரே கர்த்தரே!
பாரதியை உள்ள கொண்டுவந்தது நேனு. via ஹாசர்.

அதே postல ராஜா சிலபல வேளைகள்ல பேசுறது எனக்கு cringe effectனு சொல்லியிருக்கேன்.
இப்படி அணுகி பார்த்து புரிஞ்சிக்கலாமோன்னு muse பண்ணேன். அவ்வளவு தான்.

இப்படிக்கொரு SCIRF.

equanimus
26th June 2012, 11:20 AM
அப்புறம் ஏன்யா அவரோட இவரை compare பண்றீங்க?நான் பண்ணலைங்க. ஆனா தெரிஞ்சவங்க அவர் பெயரை (இவரைப் பத்திப் பேசும்போது) எடுத்தா நீங்க ஏங்க கொதிக்கிறீங்க? சரி, if you really differ with them on this specific aspect (arrogance, etc.), எப்படின்னு சரியா விளக்கலாமே?

equanimus
26th June 2012, 11:29 AM
via ஹாசர்.Ha ha, exactly! கவுண்டமணி-சாப்ளினுக்கு எங்க சுத்தி வந்தாலும் எப்படி ஒரே தொடக்கப்புள்ளியோ, அது மாதிரி இங்க கமலஹாசன்.

equanimus
26th June 2012, 11:32 AM
HR orientation ellAm attend paNNaNum pOlagudhE!:rotfl: I apologize for continuing the frivolity but I just imagined Raaja attending one!

Sureshs65
26th June 2012, 12:06 PM
V_S,

The first round victory goes to genesis. As Plum had pointed out, the whole point is to get someone write like what you did. Then he can go to town saying, "Daddy, all IR fans are beating me up. All IR fans are beating me up. I have been thoroughly misrepresented. They will ban me." Since guys like me have been around for some time, we know this is the standard technique. Just observe when I asked him to give some facts on MSV's output, there was radio silence but he came back to give some generic advice later. That is the strategy. Don't worry about facts, when challenged on facts keep quite or say my words were twisted, then make some deliberately provocative comment. Sit back, relax and look out for someone to say something against it. Pounce on it with alacrity. Just compare the speed of response for such posts and the radio silence when asked for facts and you will understand.

So, as P_R said, cool down. The whole idea is to heat you up. You cannot defend it by getting angry. You need to maintain your cool and answer or just ignore.

Sureshs65
26th June 2012, 12:17 PM
equa,

Absolutely ROFL just imagining it.

Gregorysab
26th June 2012, 12:19 PM
No clue whats happening here! cant relate to it at all. But guys, any update on release of NEPV audio. Was it not supposed to be on July 1st, which is hardly 6 days away?

Sureshs65
26th June 2012, 12:26 PM
OK, a request on my behalf and on Kamal's behalf. Can the moderators shift the 'arrogance', 'Bharathi comparison','please ban me' posts into the generic thread of Raja so that we continue discussing about NEVP here. As Kamal said earlier, people are coming here thinking there is some update but find a totally different kind of debate here.

So let us also move out from here to the other thread and continue discussing there. Thanks for the understanding.

Sureshs65
26th June 2012, 12:28 PM
Kamal,

Hearing very conflicting reports. Everyone and sundry said that the deal with Sony was done. Today I saw a tweet from Kamesh Ratnam saying that GVM is yet to sign the deal. Given this confusion, 1st July looks highly unlikely. The twitter account of NEVP kept sending some generic stuff which provoked our Araving Mano to ask them to shut up. Not sure if they did since I don't follow that account.

San_K
26th June 2012, 12:34 PM

:yes: You spoke my words :)

IngE bharathi-vachu IR-i mattam thatti pesura ellorum, evvalavu thooram bharathi-ya padichu iruppanga :lol2: sivappa irukkuravan poi solla maattan-ra logic la thaan ivargal pesugiraargal.

Appuram vazhgaiyula niraiya neerangal raajavunda selvittu (comparatively 1% neram selavazhichu iruppangalA Bharathikku?) ippo mattam thatturathu raajavukku seigira throgam.

KV
26th June 2012, 01:54 PM
It's that simple as you pointed out. Well done! I would like take this opportunity to add to your excellent quotes. Even in WCM he has not done anything. He didn't do anything in folk. He didn't do anything in Indian Classical music. He didn't do anything in contemporary music. He didn't invent new sounds. I would say, he does not know music and he has not done anything. We all forgot one thing. There is no one called Ilaiyaraaja and that's why it is very wrong to compare against MSV sir. Now I am remembering everything. Roja came in 1976 followed by Puthiya mugam. That's the best way to put it.

:lol:
adappaavigala... oru pinju manasa ippidi pinja manasaa aakittIngale!
ivara ippidi "thirumba thirumba pesara nee... thirumba thirumba pesara nee...thirumba thirumba...." rangeku polamba vechchadhukku, sabaass :clap:

gosh, it must be extremely difficult being raaja!
IR: enna vaazhka da idhu...

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
26th June 2012, 01:59 PM
No clue whats happening here! cant relate to it at all. But guys, any update on release of NEPV audio. Was it not supposed to be on July 1st, which is hardly 6 days away?

Kamesh Bavaratnam ‏@kameshratnam
Sorry guys GVM has not yet signed the agreement with sony and it will take more time

They said 1st week of JUly 2012. Now they have become SILENT :)

audio company has no idea to release audio on july 1st, 2012. meeting them this week

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
26th June 2012, 02:07 PM

Nope! He has been seeing various oppns right from the 80s where he went to prime. That , Dog sound and bagavathar sound are same, and much more things. Also the caste thing. Mostly there is no mistakes in his side.

But he is very clear and clever in one principle that he followes Vadivel Stratgey long before "Annan pesinaa one way, return varappdaathu!" So he is happily telling things and just moving on. He knows that all of the ppl won't take effort to understand his thoughts, and will just blame, onlooking the surface and mis-understanding!

Again bringing Kamal Haasan :lol: he said very clearly, Avaroda Thannambikkaiyai Thimir enru thappaa purinjikittavanga nerayaa pEr.

Luckily both Kamal and Raja travel in one way. So they are personally very happy and never worry about the useless controversy made by ppl. But we tend to reply and end up in vain and pain, no gain. Have we in this forum, able to convince and make them agree our opinion to atleast person?!?! No, right?!

Its Upper Class man, let some ppl lie down, unable to climb up. Only Great minds agree, not Goat minds.

ajaybaskar
26th June 2012, 03:51 PM
Kamesh Bavaratnam ‏@kameshratnam
Sorry guys GVM has not yet signed the agreement with sony and it will take more time

They said 1st week of JUly 2012. Now they have become SILENT :)

audio company has no idea to release audio on july 1st, 2012. meeting them this week

Yerkananave audio rights vithuttadhaa sonnanga?

SoftSword
26th June 2012, 03:58 PM

idhulaam romba overa illa...
yaaro orutthar renduperu avara kuttham solradha vechu oorae avaroda vaazhkkaya naragam aakkiduchu'nra rangeku kondu poitteenga...
imo, he doesn cares... he knows, pesaravan pesittu dhaan iruppaan.

V_S
26th June 2012, 04:10 PM
Suresh ji,
He has been doing this for years, not just in this thread. I happened to look back into the sticky thread by Mr. Manisekaran, 'Rajanna Rajathan'. I believe he was main reason for Mr. Manisekaran's exit. He has been spamming many IR threads here for the past 8 years. Recently in SPB-IR thread, he has been doing this for more than an year by showing his hatred towards IR, MV and many others. Now it started with MSV sir's comparison where we explained all the facts, where he was repeatedly frustrating us and now shifted everything and started a new topic on IR arrogance, this time not in his talks, but in his works.

He has so many things like this in his pocket. My single question, if he hates IR and his music so much, what is the need to say this for the past 8 years and still reside in this thread, instead he can listen to whatever he likes and contribute in other forums like ARR forums. But why is he unnecessarily disturbing us. There can be posts saying they don't like his music and move on, but for the past 8 years, the same thing? Most of all in these 8 years by various discussions and analyses, he should have atleast by now have tried to see others perspectives, on what they are saying. Simply hate, hate and more hate. I have not even seen anything like this, even for real IR haters.

I think we have to take some action, else I am signing off. I am pretty serious. Very sorry to say this.

KV
26th June 2012, 04:21 PM
v_sji, manadhil urudhi vendum! open forumnu aagi pOchu, wide range of views varaththaan seyyin. thodarattum ungal thondu! manasa thalara vidaadheenga. :thumbsup:

genesis, all this might again give you the impression that you're being ganged upon here. All that I can say is this - if you (or any of us here) have the right to criticize IR, then you must also be open to criticism of your criticism. idhukku neenga offend aagi kuyyo murayO nu saththam pOtta, velaikku aavaadhu. ambududhE'ppu.

KV
26th June 2012, 04:27 PM
skv, ss... avaru experience pannaadhadha? adhellaam puriyudhu. I was just imagining how it'd be to be Raaja in forums like ours. Just for a moment, imagine that he's a member here (or in any of the other social n/w sites). To be at the receiving end of the truckloads of free advice and counselling from all and sundry must be a pain in the wrong places, no?
ulagaththa nenachchEn, sirichchEn.

San_K
26th June 2012, 04:33 PM
Surprisingly the below told by none other than our genesis

one year before (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?8722-MAESTRO-ILAIYARAAJA-NEWS-amp-TITBITS-Film-with-Gautam-V-Menon&p=696004#post696004)

இளையராஜாவையும் கமலையும் ஒப்பிடுவது, பாரதியாரையும் mkt-யையும் ஒப்பிடுவது போன்றது. 50 வருடங்கள் கழிந்து கமல் பெரும்பாலும் மறக்கப்படுவர். பாரதியாரும் இளையராஜாவும் மக்கள் நினைவில் நிற்பார்கள்.

but

Now (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?9846-Neethane-En-Ponvasantham-Yeto-Vellipoyindhi-Manasu-Assi-Nabbe-Poorey-Sau&p=885618&viewfull=1#post885618)

Whether IR will be revered like Bharathi only future will tell

Mudivaa enna solreenga genesis

SoftSword
26th June 2012, 04:34 PM
kv,
indha forumla avarapatthi enna ellaam pesaraanga, enna advicelaam panranganu paatthu, avar pain edutthuppaarunu solringalaa?

San_K
26th June 2012, 04:36 PM
^^ as a try by giving water on fire, but kamal angle-la marupadi aarambichudaama irukkattum :sigh2:

KV
26th June 2012, 04:48 PM
indha forumla avarapatthi enna ellaam pesaraanga, enna advicelaam panranganu paatthu, avar pain edutthuppaarunu solringalaa?
ada, oru manusan, adhuvum periyavaru, oru naal padathukku music pannavara paaththu, facetoface-aa ninnu nammellaam advice panna, avarukku eppidi irukkum?
pain eduppaara illaya ellaam next level, vera panjayathu.
aana just the thought that all of us kuppans-suppans can afford to give him music and moralscience lessons directly here (assuming he's a member) - idhu avarukku eppidi irukkumnu ungalluku thOnudhu?

SoftSword
26th June 2012, 04:53 PM
assuming he is a member - rejetted...
he is in a different level... padaikkiravan maela irukkanu solraangalae... andha madhiri namakku aduttha level'nu vechukkonga...
if he thinks like a fellow human and feels the same pain/happines as we people do here, then he cant make music of the highest level...

idhu avarukku eppidi irukkumnu ungalluku thOnudhu? - adhaan already soltaenae... he doesn care... he knows, solravan aayiram solvaan... namma seyya vendiya kadamaya naama seivom..

KV
26th June 2012, 05:07 PM
assuming he is a member - rejetted...
he is in a different level... padaikkiravan maela irukkanu solraangalae... andha madhiri namakku aduttha level'nu vechukkonga...
if he thinks like a fellow human and feels the same pain/happines as we people do here, then he cant make music of the highest level...

idhu avarukku eppidi irukkumnu ungalluku thOnudhu? - adhaan already soltaenae... he doesn care... he knows, solravan aayiram solvaan... namma seyya vendiya kadamaya naama seivom..

idhaththaanga inga irukka pala pEru pala murai solli irukkaanga. irundhaalum avara oru saraasari manusanaa paakkura pazhakkam inga sila pErukku undu (appidi yOschu paathu thaan avarOda plight eppidi irukkumnu sonnEn). adhunaala dhaan thagaraaru, vettukuththu, vazhippari, karpazhippu ellaam. gangs of raajapuram.

P_R
26th June 2012, 05:23 PM
ippo enna aagippOchchu?
silapala pEchchugaL kEkkumbOdhu cringe aagaththAn seyvOm. athi normal dhaanE.
adhu sollalaam dhaanE.

"MSV aNNA....avar oruthar dhaan aNNA, michavanga ellAm thambi dhaan"
Even if you feel that way, don't say so - 'ngradhu dhaan ennOda koLgai.
I don't have much of an opinion abouot people who say they hate hypocrisy. They simply don't understand its social function.
Indha 'brutally frank'-aa irukkEnaakkum 'ndravangaLai enakku podhuvA pudikkAdhu.
ippadiyE vaLarndhutta dhaala silanEram IR pEsuradhai kEkkumbOdhu cringe aagaththAnE seyyin.

Many of you feel don't impose normal standards on someone like IR. Fair enough.
Some others feel rule of law, applies to all. idhuvum Fair enough.

vazhakkam pOla agree to disagree-nu kai kulukkikittu pOga vENdiyadhu dhaanE.

SoftSword
26th June 2012, 05:27 PM
yaen ellaamae fair'a irukkanumnu nenakkireenga...
pala karutthukkal, brown'aa dhaan irukkum...

Sureshs65
26th June 2012, 06:24 PM
V_S,

As I said 'freeya vidunga'. As KV said, this is an open forum. Lovers and haters of Raja will be around and will express their views. Not only genesis but there are a couple of others who always do the 'vazhapazhathil oosi ethum' velai. People like genesis being here and you leaving would be very harmful for people like us. The only way out here is for us to keep highlighting without losing our patience. We must learn that from genesis. After all whatever anyone says he keeps saying the same thing. So the only weapon against such slander is to keep on posting positively about Raja and his works. So don't even think of going away. This forum is mainly for people like you, app_eng etc. You are the guys who provide the positive energy. There will always be some negative energy but we must know how to deal with it or ignore it and move on.

raja_fan
26th June 2012, 06:55 PM
Unga sandaila naan koduththa nooru roopaiya marandhuraatheenga :)

btw.., there is no date confirmation from Gowtham's camp on audio release..

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
26th June 2012, 08:13 PM
ippo enna aagippOchchu?
silapala pEchchugaL kEkkumbOdhu cringe aagaththAn seyvOm. athi normal dhaanE.
adhu sollalaam dhaanE.

athai sollalaam thaan. infact neenga ithumaathiri more than once sollittu thaane irukkeenga. Athunaala yaarukkum varuthamo kobamo varalaiye. Antha maathiri post pannaa, yaaru enna sollapporaanga. But trouble-makers, onnu avarai overaa mattam thatrathu, and on other hand, ithu Raja-Temple, anti-raja fans kku inge idamillai nnu ennamo inge naangellaam sernthu oru Bajanai Madam nadathuraapla nakkal panrathu. Ithellaam senjaa kovam varum thaane!

The example i am quoting for many many times, "First, avar kitta mike ai koduthavan evan, avanai sollaNum" appadinnu many days b4 itself, inge solliyaachu, no one opposed. Athai sonnathu oru ardent fan thaan.

Ippo kooda recent aa, Kumudamla avar every week, oru fan oda kostin kku answer seivaarunnu post panninappo, Suresh65 enna sonnaaru, Rajavoda antha answerai padichittu, avan entha hospital la admit aavaanO nnu thaane sonnaaru?!? Ithellaam enga tharappu nermai illaiyaa?!?

Ithai vida eppdi irangi varaNum?!? Ithanaikkum Suresh65 yaaru, namakkellaam theriyum. Intha nermai avanga kitta irukkaa?!?

Ithukku munnaadi ellaaam, not this many times, we compared Raja with anybody. Also we mostly never talked about how the Mind of a Genius thinks, and at what level it operates. But ithai pesappoi thaan, silarukku pathikittu varuthu. Arrogance nnu pulambaraanga! They almost completely Reject Raja as a person, and expect we too to do the same. Mudiyumaa?!? Touble makers ithia purinjikkura varaikkum, there will be issues :(

Sureshs65
26th June 2012, 08:14 PM
Sanjeevi,

உங்களுக்கே தெரியும் அதுக்கெல்லாம் பதில் வராதுன்னு :)

KV
26th June 2012, 08:29 PM
Unga sandaila naan koduththa nooru roopaiya marandhuraatheenga :)

btw.., there is no date confirmation from Gowtham's camp on audio release..

ungalukku nooru, genesisku nooru, venkikku nooru, baroqueku nooru... moththamaa sEtha? naanooru.. cheers!
j/k. thanks for the NEPV update. GVM-a konjam kodanju date vaanguga yaraachu.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
26th June 2012, 08:32 PM
Kauthau ellaam not reachable nga! But Kamesh is in touch with some reliable sources. Avarai vittu kodaaya sollunga!

venkkiram
26th June 2012, 08:37 PM
ungalukku nooru, genesisku nooru, venkikku nooru, baroqueku nooru... moththamaa sEtha? naanooru.. cheers!
j/k. thanks for the NEPV update. GVM-a konjam kodanju date vaanguga yaraachu. ஓ! இந்தக் கு(ட்)டையில நானும் இருக்கேனா? இந்தத் திரியைப் பொறுத்தவரை நான் இன்னும் வேடிக்கை தான் பார்க்கிறேன்.

KV
26th June 2012, 08:41 PM
ஓ! இந்தக் கு(ட்)டையில நானும் இருக்கேனா? இந்தத் திரியைப் பொறுத்தவரை நான் இன்னும் வேடிக்கை தான் பார்க்கிறேன்.

moonu pEra pOna pOgara kaaryathukku nalladhu illEnu enga paatti solluvaanga. adhukku dhaan urimayOda ungalayum sEthukittEn. :noteeth:

app_engine
27th June 2012, 02:08 AM
While the bageers related to "whether IR will deliver the goods" prop up every now and then, there're also proofs otherwise:-)

If someone has doubts, please listen to the second interlude of an obscure movie song 'engE irundhAi isaiyE' (KJY duet from ajanthA). Another "wind instrument delight", like the instrumental tracks of cheeni kum.

Let people wonder on "Gautam-effect" to get sax for wind (and not the regular flute).

lEkin appappO ippadi rAsA "oothikkittu thAn irukkAru" (though most such pieces went to sevidar kAdhukaL" :oops: )

groucho070
27th June 2012, 07:04 AM
V_S,

As I said 'freeya vidunga'. As KV said, this is an open forum. Lovers and haters of Raja will be around and will express their views. Not only genesis but there are a couple of others who always do the 'vazhapazhathil oosi ethum' velai. People like genesis being here and you leaving would be very harmful for people like us. The only way out here is for us to keep highlighting without losing our patience. We must learn that from genesis. After all whatever anyone says he keeps saying the same thing. So the only weapon against such slander is to keep on posting positively about Raja and his works. So don't even think of going away. This forum is mainly for people like you, app_eng etc. You are the guys who provide the positive energy. There will always be some negative energy but we must know how to deal with it or ignore it and move on.
This. V_S, cheer up. yuvar service endrum needed...

Sureshs65
27th June 2012, 09:29 AM
app_eng,

As you know I have been a long term Raja believer and I am more than sure of songs from _any_ movie leave alone NEVP :) As I said I await NEVP with the same enthusiasm as I await 'Gundello Godavari' or the next Sathyan movie. Raja can never disappoint is my belief.

jaiganes
27th June 2012, 10:37 AM
app_eng,

As you know I have been a long term Raja believer and I am more than sure of songs from _any_ movie leave alone NEVP :) As I said I await NEVP with the same enthusiasm as I await 'Gundello Godavari' or the next Sathyan movie. Raja can never disappoint is my belief.
Raja always does what he does - doing justice.
appoint, disappoint idhellaam namma namakke senjukkura seivinai maadhiri.

kiru
27th June 2012, 10:37 AM
app_eng,

The last movie I had an expectation for was 'pazhassi rAja' and I was completely satisfied. With GVM, it is going to be a more popular music format and I was not expecting much, until I heard about the 108 piece orchestra. As in another thread, IR has done "HIT" music for so many years.."been there done that". I am looking for innovative ideas. With Pazhassi Raja, it is arrangement of singer/chorus (in aadhi ushas). Let us see how much of my favorite WCM elements get into the POP music idiom. After Thiruvaasagam, these film music however fresh or how much ever I like, seems like no big deal to the man.

P_R
27th June 2012, 10:40 AM
Yuvar
<end of post>

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
27th June 2012, 11:15 AM
VareengaLaa prasad studios munnaadi pOi tharNaa pannuvom?!? seekkiram aalbatha release panna solli!?? "viswanathan vEla vENm" maathiri "Raja sir, album vENum" nnu aadippaadi kEppOmaa?!

jaiganes
27th June 2012, 12:28 PM
Yuvar
<end of post>

maddy in AS:
I dont get your jokes man.

P_R
27th June 2012, 12:50 PM
naalu pAttu aNNan Yuvar paaduraar
adhunaala edhirpArppai lightA adjust paNNikkunga 'ngREn.

VirumANdi time mottai Kamal interview:

neeLamA ezhudhunA Anban kOchuguvaaru
Anban mAdhiri surukkamA ezhudhunA Jai purilannuvaaru
madhyamamA ezhudhinA k_g 'nee seththa poNam'nuvaaru
enna seyyaradhunnE therila

groucho070
27th June 2012, 12:53 PM
:lol: vara vara hatchet man reputation k_g-vukku.

Devaraagam
27th June 2012, 01:01 PM
Hi friends,

I heard that the Audio release of NEP will be delayed for few days. :cry3:. I think delay is from Sony.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
27th June 2012, 01:06 PM
VirumANdi time mottai Kamal interview:

neeLamA ezhudhunA Anban kOchuguvaaru
Anban mAdhiri surukkamA ezhudhunA Jai purilannuvaaru
enna seyyaradhunnE therila

Ithai oru foto frame paNNi kambeni vaasalla maattidunga! Kambeni means hub!

SoftSword
27th June 2012, 05:48 PM
i was reading it like this:

This. V_S, cheer up. yuvar service endrum needed...

Yuvar
<end of post>

the yuvar as ysr..

Nerd
27th June 2012, 06:53 PM
Yuvar 4 songs ellaam illeeng? Just two and I hope its saainthu and saainthulu.

Avar illaattiyum maththa singers-um sumaar dhaan (save for Karthik and Raaja of course).

Oru ShreyaG / SPB / Chitra apdi ipdi pOttirukkalaam.

SoftSword
27th June 2012, 06:55 PM
spb voicea ellaam thookki sumakkura actors venum illayaa???

Nerd
27th June 2012, 06:58 PM
spb voicea ellaam thookki sumakkura actors venum illayaa???
DhanusukkE pOttaachu.. Though Vetri intelligently did not let Dhanus voice act :lol2:

Guess there is a NEPV rework?! Who better than SPB to sing it :-) Remember the engEyum eppOthum remix...

SoftSword
27th June 2012, 06:59 PM
masters have their reasons...

the engeyum eppodhum remix is lovable except from karadi kakkoos rap voice...

app_engine
27th June 2012, 07:00 PM
Guess there is a NEPV rework?!

adhai kavudhamE pAdittAr, illaiyA?
:-)

P_R
27th June 2012, 07:05 PM
Yuvar 4 songs ellaam illeeng? Just two and I hope its saainthu and saainthulu. :lol:

innum releaseAgAdha padathOda meesic paththina discussion-la infolve aaguradhu ennOda ettarai varusha hub varalaatrula idhaan first and last time.
yEdhO seingappA.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
27th June 2012, 08:40 PM
Yuvar songs nenachi bayappadum sagaakkaLe, donttorri! instrumental tracks to save u!

baroque
27th June 2012, 09:06 PM
singer Karthik is working in this album!:musicsmile:

Two contrasting format compositions, let it be same mood, no problem, I wanna Raja to give me with Karthik with his acoustic orchestration!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCQ_zRta614&amp;feature=related

Raja, Can you take me to world of fantasy with a composition like oh... butterfly......... Let Karthik's voice with your music magic seep into my blood, make me ALIVE!:ty:

Nerd
27th June 2012, 09:45 PM
Yuvar tweet-ai thONdi eduththuttEn;

Sang 3 beautiful songs for my dad. one duet,one pathos in Tamil n telengu good luck to @menongautham (http://www.mayyam.com/#!/menongautham) can't wait to hear the final version.

Ippo doubt ennannaa -- Saainthu saainthu duet-aa illai pathos-aa? avar voice-la indha pitch-la reNdumE onnaaththaan kEkkum..

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
27th June 2012, 09:50 PM
I had a chance to speak to sony music and they said they have still not signed the agreement. After signing the agreement they said we can meet and talk about pre order and other promotions for the movie - Nee dane en ponvasantham

http://www.bangaloremirror.com/article/25/20120626201206262340038785a91b146/The-golden-tunes-are-back.html

The golden tunes are back
Posted On Tuesday, June 26, 2012 at 11:39:58 PM

The teaser of Gautham Menon’s Neethaane En Ponvasantham has created a flutter with Ilayraja’s music hogging all the attention

With its music being scheduled for release on July 1 officially, expectations are huge on the film’s music

Is this an updated article or the reporter is living in hibernation? He is talking about the teasers now!

SoftSword
27th June 2012, 09:50 PM
nerd... now that we cannot avoid it... it would be better we receive it with smile...
varattum... i am sure ppl here are gonna say its not bad...

San_K
27th June 2012, 10:34 PM
Ippo doubt ennannaa -- Saainthu saainthu duet-aa illai pathos-aa? avar voice-la indha pitch-la reNdumE onnaaththaan kEkkum..

:lol: duet-thaan, lyrics vachu kandu pudichudalaam. So singer yuvan veruppalargalE onnarai songs thaan yuvanaal paazh

irir123
28th June 2012, 12:16 AM
"The audio was mastered at the famous Abbey Road Studio where iconic bands like Beatles used to record"

Angel Studios for recording and mixing and Abbey Road Studio for mastering ?

can anyone pls explain to this layman, what is the difference between R & M and then Mastering ?

layman10
28th June 2012, 01:20 AM
can anyone pls explain to this layman, what is the difference between R & M and then Mastering ?

Ungalukkevaa?

app_engine
28th June 2012, 03:07 AM
So nice to see a comment that starts with the words below in the BRangan blog:

As happy as I was reading an article about Ilaiyaraaja, as I was reading, the tone of the article felt a bit offensive to Ilaiyaraaja and his so called cult. Why was this piece even written in the first place? There was nothing new we learned about Ilaiyaraaja and his work/music style that haven’t been talked about by other competent directors.

:clap:
:thumbsup:

Sureshs65
28th June 2012, 03:10 AM
Ungalukkevaa?

:lol: Correct question. avarukke theriyalena ....

Sureshs65
28th June 2012, 03:22 AM
app,

That post by Pavan in BR's blog was terrific and upto the point. I have replied there.

And here is why I replied, "I have Thandavakone on repeat. I can’t get over it. It’s so flippin epic I can almost understand the Tamil language and it’s beauty." If someone loves 'Thandavakone' I will certify him to have the highest taste in music :D

irir123
28th June 2012, 04:52 AM
honestly, i thought if a studio (Angel) could have top-notch recording & mixing facilities, wudnt they have mastering facility as well ?? adhukku yedhukku innoru studio ?

kiru
28th June 2012, 06:01 AM
honestly, i thought if a studio (Angel) could have top-notch recording & mixing facilities, wudnt they have mastering facility as well ?? adhukku yedhukku innoru studio ?
I think mastering is the final adjustments to a stereo track and also means the exact cd will be used as template for production.
Mastering studios have better systems for listening and voicing the tracks.
Somebody hinted IR is fleecing the producers by asking for a big orchestra. IR only wanted to go Budapest which would have been cheaper. But it looks like GVM wanted to go to London.
One song from anandha kummi was mixed/mastered in London, even in those days.
Not all audio systems can showcase IRs recordings very well. You need a resolving system to hear the natural acoustics.

Sureshs65
28th June 2012, 10:00 AM
irir123,

The best person to answer this question would be our Shank, who knows a lot about these things. If he is reading he can give a good idea as he is involved in all these processes.

Gregorysab
28th June 2012, 11:13 AM
app,

That post by Pavan in BR's blog was terrific and upto the point. I have replied there.

And here is why I replied, "I have Thandavakone on repeat. I can’t get over it. It’s so flippin epic I can almost understand the Tamil language and it’s beauty." If someone loves 'Thandavakone' I will certify him to have the highest taste in music :D

uh oh! Then I dont saar :-( because I loved only 1 song - Kaatru vazhi (or some lyrics like that - pardon my tamil...) sung by Ilaiyaraaja. The rest of the songs didnt work for me that much. but this raaja song is fantastic!

KV
28th June 2012, 12:04 PM
nerd... now that we cannot avoid it... it would be better we receive it with smile...
varattum... i am sure ppl here are gonna say its not bad...

ss, not sure what you intended here, but idhula enakku lighta idikkudhu (nahandhu pOlaam, irundhaalum summa, for the record).
For just that 1min sainthu sainthu teaser almost everybody here have vented their frustration and expressed their dislike. It’s unlikely that all these people will suddenly flip and say they are good when the full songs are out. It eventually is the person’s taste and, in this case, the ability to withstand certain things. I, for one, liked sainthu the very first time I heard it and I can guarantee it’s just not my Raaja piththu behind this. I don’t consider ysr to be a good singer, no; but in my books, I’d take his singing over many of the other new singers. I find it difficult sitting through songs sung by Krish, Aalaap Raju, Himmesh Reshamiya – I simply can’t stand their singing. Yes, we’re scratching the paathram, but ysr is better than these guys, IMO. Hell, I even have a ‘voice of ysr’ playlist in my player (with 10songs maybe – pattiyal, katradhu thamizh, thaakudhe kan thaakudhe, idhu kaadhala mudhal kaadhala). I think I’ve grown some kinda think skin to sidestep his voice and enjoy these songs (naangellaam growling’ye ‘part of music’ nu oththukittavanga :noteeth: )

To cut the long story short – people who can withstand, or even ‘like’ his singing will probably lap up the NEPV songs sung by ysr. The others here will mostly still crib about IR’s choice of vocalist but possibly enjoy the music, palla kadichukittu.

Gregorysab
28th June 2012, 02:09 PM
digression/

I have not heard much of YSR sung songs, but i now remember liking a song called "Poi Solla Manasukku" that I heard few years ago! Liked it somehow!

//digression ends

SoftSword
28th June 2012, 02:49 PM
ss, not sure what you intended here, but idhula enakku lighta idikkudhu (nahandhu pOlaam, irundhaalum summa, for the record).
For just that 1min sainthu sainthu teaser almost everybody here have vented their frustration and expressed their dislike. It’s unlikely that all these people will suddenly flip and say they are good when the full songs are out. It eventually is the person’s taste and, in this case, the ability to withstand certain things. I, for one, liked sainthu the very first time I heard it and I can guarantee it’s just not my Raaja piththu behind this. I don’t consider ysr to be a good singer, no; but in my books, I’d take his singing over many of the other new singers. I find it difficult sitting through songs sung by Krish, Aalaap Raju, Himmesh Reshamiya – I simply can’t stand their singing. Yes, we’re scratching the paathram, but ysr is better than these guys, IMO. Hell, I even have a ‘voice of ysr’ playlist in my player (with 10songs maybe – pattiyal, katradhu thamizh, thaakudhe kan thaakudhe, idhu kaadhala mudhal kaadhala). I think I’ve grown some kinda think skin to sidestep his voice and enjoy these songs (naangellaam growling’ye ‘part of music’ nu oththukittavanga :noteeth: )

To cut the long story short – people who can withstand, or even ‘like’ his singing will probably lap up the NEPV songs sung by ysr. The others here will mostly still crib about IR’s choice of vocalist but possibly enjoy the music, palla kadichukittu.

KV, enakku YSR'oda constipated voice avlovaa pudikkadhu dhaan...
but idhu kaadhalaa, poi solla etc are my favorites... becos, the voice suited those kinda songs/situations...
adhae adippadaila dhaan idhayum sonnen... the music, orchestration and situation will make it sound better than what we are afraid of now...

'unlikely that all these people will suddenly flip and say they are good when the full songs are out' - i did not mean this... i only said "i am sure ppl here are gonna say its not bad"
good & not bad - ungalukku theriyaadha englees illai...

KV
28th June 2012, 03:31 PM
rightu. aana going by the reactions so far, 'not bad' kooda varadhu kashtam'ngren!
namma makkal eppavume ek maar dho thukda thaan. poruththu irundhu paappom. peace peace.

raja_fan
29th June 2012, 11:10 AM
Vasantham ellaam poi Winter vandhurum polirukku...
aanaa gowtham's vasantham not in sight...
I think this man puts his fingers in too many things at a time and not able to manage.

Shank
29th June 2012, 04:41 PM
Suresh65, Mastering is a seperate process (and skill) from recording and mixing. Mastering is what gives the warmth and tonal quality to the music. The reason why mastering is kept seperate from recording and mixing is that the gear required is usually different. Also, people specialize in mastering as they do for R&M. So, a sound engineer has a completely different outlook and method compared to a mastering engineer. Here, the skill of a mastering engineer is very important since that is how your music is going to sound in the final version/CD. In terms of what they do in mastering, the source material, which has been mixed, is processed using equalization, compression, limiting, noise reduction etc. The engineer will also do editing, pre-gapping, leveling, fading in and out, noise reduction, track sequencing and other sound restoration and enhancement processes. The other interesting aspect is that the top mastering engineers still use analog sound processing rather than digital since analog gives richer, warmer sound. Of course, post mastering, it is stored in digital media but the processing itself is analog.

Gregorysab
29th June 2012, 05:02 PM
NEPV twitter handle: "We are planning to have a Very Eventful Audio Release for #Nepmovie,and hence the delay in announcing the same !!!"

Gregorysab
29th June 2012, 05:04 PM
The other interesting aspect is that the top mastering engineers still use analog sound processing rather than digital since analog gives richer, warmer sound. Of course, post mastering, it is stored in digital media but the processing itself is analog.

This is very interesting. I didnt know this.

San_K
29th June 2012, 05:40 PM
wov analog :thumbsup:

app_engine
29th June 2012, 06:48 PM
wov analog :thumbsup:

Shank has mentioned that "the top mastering engineers" :wink:

Means the really top / expensive / world class ones and not that every other mastering engineer continues with analog. Most would have switched to digital mastering because of simplicity / inexpensiveness / easy availability etc.

Top quality analog equipments are typically extremely expensive, sensitive, need careful maintenance IMHO. (This is based on the experience with telephone acoustic testing equipments from Bruel & Kjaer)

Also, needs real passion to work with them (YGM in SKV : "poNdAtti sondhakkAr mAthiri") :-)

Sureshs65
30th June 2012, 02:31 PM
Shank,

Thanks for the explanation. Honestly I got the gist of what you were saying but don't have an idea of the various technical terms you used. I guess someone like irir123 will understand it better.

kiru
1st July 2012, 04:29 AM
Shank has mentioned that "the top mastering engineers" :wink:

Means the really top / expensive / world class ones and not that every other mastering engineer continues with analog. Most would have switched to digital mastering because of simplicity / inexpensiveness / easy availability etc.

Top quality analog equipments are typically extremely expensive, sensitive, need careful maintenance IMHO. (This is based on the experience with telephone acoustic testing equipments from Bruel & Kjaer)

Also, needs real passion to work with them (YGM in SKV : "poNdAtti sondhakkAr mAthiri") :-)

Correct, even for playback at home analog sounds good. But it would cost more and the source (LPs/records) should be of pristine quality. I have a LP playback system, including a vacuum cleaner for the records. But it is currently unused as my kids broke the stylus (replacement cost - $300 !!). Geethanjali, aruvadai naal, thani kaatu raaja also sound better than CDs but you have to put up with some 'pops and clicks' as my LPs came from out-of-business "stereo shops" from our place.
(BTW - @Shank - Thanks for giving the color to the mastering process)

irir123
1st July 2012, 10:21 AM
from Raja Fans page on Facebook :

"NEPV audio will be out next week if going by Sri ragavendra audios, station road, west mambalam.."

yennaiyyaa nadakkudhu with NEPV ??

GVM is testing our patience!

SoftSword
1st July 2012, 03:52 PM
he must be busy booking a world famous venue for the audio launch...
settha wait pannunga... u will feel happy..

irir123
1st July 2012, 10:16 PM
softsword: engalukkellaam theriyaadha edho oru matter ungalukku theriyum pola irukku ? so where is it being released and by whom ? marina beach or somewhere in manhattan or manchester ?

AravindMano
1st July 2012, 10:58 PM
Audio to be released only by India's next unanimously elected President.

raja_fan
2nd July 2012, 04:35 PM
Audio to be released only by India's next unanimously elected President.

Aravind,
Yes, I have agreed to release the audio in July first week, even may be on 1st July.
;)

raja_fan
2nd July 2012, 04:43 PM
Sources close to Gowtham say that the hit combo of Gowtham-Jeeva is joining hands again.
After the astounding success of Nee thane En pon vasantham ( yet to be released ), Gowtham and Jeeva are joining hands again.
The shooting will be on the floors after "Thuppariyum Anandan" with Surya which will be after Assi Nabbe Poorey Sau ( the Hindi remake of the tamil blockbuster Nee thane En ponvasantham which ran to packed houses ) which will be after Yohan with Vijay .
We also hear that Gowtham is already working on a thriller script which will see Gowtham joining hands with Kamal again after Vettaiyaadu Vilaiyaadu. The shooting for this film will start somewhere after........( Keep watching out for the great news very soon ! )

btw..Gowtham has arranged good amount of games and contest and fun, while you wait for more news. Visit http://twitter.com/#!/nep_movie/

KV
2nd July 2012, 05:39 PM
These many projects in the pipeline - was GVM a manager in the IT industry before he started making films?
seri idhellaam irukkattum, annE, enga tea innum varala :evil:

Gregorysab
2nd July 2012, 05:47 PM
These many projects in the pipeline - was GVM a manager in the IT industry before he started making films?

:-D I guess so! Lets see how many will actually get made!

Kimrep
2nd July 2012, 07:38 PM
Shank & Kiru,

So,w hat does remastering mean? I read somewhere (posted by Agimusic Aginal) that the firestar collection by finders keepers records was made after they went to IR's studios and remastered from the original recording. what does that mean? Can someone explain?

Nerd
2nd July 2012, 08:04 PM

Boss adhu r_f pOtta @FakingNews apdeenu ninaichEn :confused2:

raja_fan
2nd July 2012, 08:05 PM

Adappaavame ! Nambitteengalaa ? neenga romba nallavaraa irukkeengale..:)
Adhu ellaame naan NEP audio release aagaatha vayattherichalla vutta dooopu !
[ Except the film with Surya ]

Sureshs65
2nd July 2012, 08:28 PM
raja_fan,

:lol: Solla mudiyaadhu. GVM idhaye avar statusA pottAlum poduvaaru :)

The promotion of NEVP is a good example of how very aggressive marketing can kill your expectation. Now I have lost all interest on when this will be released :(

KV
2nd July 2012, 09:14 PM
:oops: ippo dhaan seriya paakkurEn; esp this...:lol:
"After the astounding success of Nee thane En pon vasantham ( yet to be released ), Gowtham and Jeeva are joining hands again.
The shooting will be on the floors after "Thuppariyum Anandan" with Surya which will be after Assi Nabbe Poorey Sau ( the Hindi remake of the tamil blockbuster Nee thane En ponvasantham which ran to packed houses ) which will be after Yohan with Vijay."

raja_fan
3rd July 2012, 03:59 PM
Sari paa..
Nammalakkellaam GVM leave vittirukkaaru..poittu konja naal kalinju thirumba vandhu paarppom..

Namma neramo illai raajaavin neramo...ippadi oththai padathukkaaga enga vendiyirukku..

KV
3rd July 2012, 04:25 PM
wiki-la yevano film release Nov-2012 nu update pannIrkkaan. aagamoththam beejeeyum ku 2013 muttum waittees nu thOnudhu. yOv, atleess music release seekiram pannunga pa.
excuse me, what is the procedure to get music leaked on the net? :evil:

raja_fan
3rd July 2012, 05:10 PM
Oh...November aayiduchaa ? Very good !
GVM should be one of the unorganized creator..Hope fully he doesn't mess up with IR's disciplined mode :)

Idhukku thaan sonnen.."Releasing summer 2012" nu sonna pothe namma oorla thaan 12 maasamum summer aachennu..

kiru
4th July 2012, 12:54 AM
Shank & Kiru,

So,w hat does remastering mean? I read somewhere (posted by Agimusic Aginal) that the firestar collection by finders keepers records was made after they went to IR's studios and remastered from the original recording. what does that mean? Can someone explain?
Probably, they got hold of the analog tapes and converted that to digital/CD format (I am guessing).Remastering from analog is much more beneficial than from digital mixes. Probably Shank is more "hands-on" in this area.

Shank
5th July 2012, 12:29 AM
Yes, what Kiru says is part of it. There are lots of nuances. Remastering can involve converting analog masters to a digital master. It can also involve taking previous digital masters and mastering them again. Essentially, in the mastering process, the engineer works on reducing static, hiss etc in the original recording. Given that in the early 80s, most of Raja's tracks would have been a stereo master and possibly analog (since Digital got prominence from mid 80s on), a publisher had to master the original to not just transfer the signal/sound, but also add clarity, spacing between instruments as well as any effects like surround sound. Remastering would involve taking a published master and mastering it again for any of the afore-mentioned needs. Typically engineers use a host of techniques including equalization to achieve this. However the danger is that the engineer has to know the material enough so that he doesn't space it out so much that it sounds weak. Since the original recordings have so much depth and warmth, the engineer has to know the balance in mastering so that the richness and tonal quality is not lost and the sound doesn't degrade to shrillness. Today, given that the masters themselves are digital and in multi-track (we use at least 48 tracks), there's not much remastering to do other than perhaps remixing it for certain re-releases etc. The key also is that the original was mixed a certain way by the mixing/sound engineer and the mastering engineer has to ensure that the soul of that is not lost in the process of mastering by enhancing other background tracks etc (not intended by the composer).

Also, remastering happens for films as well where color correction techniques, editing etc are applied to create a new master. For those who might not know, most of the film masters are in the hands of producers, some of whom are now defunct. We don't have a library of masters like they do in Hollywood. So, a Mani Rathnam might not have access to the master of Mouna Ragam, for example. Many of the original film masters are in shambles now.

Vinodkumar
5th July 2012, 10:50 AM
Yes, what Kiru says is part of it. There are lots of nuances. Remastering can involve converting analog masters to a digital master. It can also involve taking previous digital masters and mastering them again. Essentially, in the mastering process, the engineer works on reducing static, hiss etc in the original recording. Given that in the early 80s, most of Raja's tracks would have been a stereo master and possibly analog (since Digital got prominence from mid 80s on), a publisher had to master the original to not just transfer the signal/sound, but also add clarity, spacing between instruments as well as any effects like surround sound. Remastering would involve taking a published master and mastering it again for any of the afore-mentioned needs. Typically engineers use a host of techniques including equalization to achieve this. However the danger is that the engineer has to know the material enough so that he doesn't space it out so much that it sounds weak. Since the original recordings have so much depth and warmth, the engineer has to know the balance in mastering so that the richness and tonal quality is not lost and the sound doesn't degrade to shrillness. Today, given that the masters themselves are digital and in multi-track (we use at least 48 tracks), there's not much remastering to do other than perhaps remixing it for certain re-releases etc. The key also is that the original was mixed a certain way by the mixing/sound engineer and the mastering engineer has to ensure that the soul of that is not lost in the process of mastering by enhancing other background tracks etc (not intended by the composer).

Also, remastering happens for films as well where color correction techniques, editing etc are applied to create a new master. For those who might not know, most of the film masters are in the hands of producers, some of whom are now defunct. We don't have a library of masters like they do in Hollywood. So, a Mani Rathnam might not have access to the master of Mouna Ragam, for example. Many of the original film masters are in shambles now.

If I may add...Some of the recent remasters have been too bright (too much EQ-ing) or adding compression which results in the song being very loud and loses its original quality . Recently acquired "ilaiyaraaja - fire star - synth-pop and electro-funk from tamil films" on vinyl with lots of expectation. The whole thing sounds very digital to me. Some of the songs are good.. but, the rest are no match to the original ACD quality. Nothing can beat Analog Tape Masters. Some of the newer remaster CD's that I acquired is not up to my expectation. I'm looking into creating DSD files out of old Vinyl of IR (instead of 24 bit, 192 khz). The sampling rate for DSD is 64 times that of the CD sampling rate(44.1). The idea is to preserve the entire signal spectrum as is. Once I get this file, I can then apply EQ in the Digital domain without affecting the source. Its a very interesting and expensive project...

Chelian
5th July 2012, 01:11 PM
I bought a 'digitally remastered' IR' collection CD by AGI music recently. The sound quality is nothing to shout about. I have heard better quality sound of the same songs back in the 80's. Dunno what the digitally remastered.

Its already 1st week of July. Where is our NEP music releasing? Kaathirinthu kaathirinthu kaaalangal poguthudi,,,,,,,,

Sureshs65
5th July 2012, 07:45 PM
Vinod,

Quite a task you have taken up!!! All the best for you.

Somehow I have not found Agi releases upto mark wrt sound quality. And I am a guy who doesn't care about sound quality. Even I can make out there is a problem with the sound quality.

kiru
5th July 2012, 11:38 PM
If I may add...Some of the recent remasters have been too bright (too much EQ-ing) or adding compression which results in the song being very loud and loses its original quality . Recently acquired "ilaiyaraaja - fire star - synth-pop and electro-funk from tamil films" on vinyl with lots of expectation. The whole thing sounds very digital to me. Some of the songs are good.. but, the rest are no match to the original ACD quality. Nothing can beat Analog Tape Masters. Some of the newer remaster CD's that I acquired is not up to my expectation. I'm looking into creating DSD files out of old Vinyl of IR (instead of 24 bit, 192 khz). The sampling rate for DSD is 64 times that of the CD sampling rate(44.1). The idea is to preserve the entire signal spectrum as is. Once I get this file, I can then apply EQ in the Digital domain without affecting the source. Its a very interesting and expensive project...
Vinod, (BTW, long time no see )
You may have to convert DSD to PCM to apply equalization. From what I hear from audiophile circles, it is the digital manipulation that messes with the sound signature. If you think about it, IR's older albums, even when digital were mixed live in analog to stereo. Kavi Alexander of Water Lily Acoustics, always records (mostly in stereo) and mixes in analog and only in final stages he converts to PCM for releasing CDs. So, I guess probably a 24bit/96Khz would be more than fine and you can use DEQX (www.deqx.com) for equalization while playback or use your computer/open source software.
@Chelian - I am not sure how much you can accomplish in remastering when the old master itself is messed. Maybe some of these are just the same 16bit/44.1khz stereo tracks with some equalization. I have mentioned before there are quite a number of IR's old album either in analog or in digital that are much superior in recreating the acoustics and closer to the sound of real instruments (eg. thanikkattu raaja - analog, singaraveLan - digital (guessing)).

Vinodkumar
6th July 2012, 10:30 AM
Vinod,

Quite a task you have taken up!!! All the best for you.

Somehow I have not found Agi releases upto mark wrt sound quality. And I am a guy who doesn't care about sound quality. Even I can make out there is a problem with the sound quality.

Thanks Suresh.. Its been fun so far. Instead of getting the remastered CD's, I'm now looking for good quality vinyl records...

Vinodkumar
6th July 2012, 10:49 AM
Vinod, (BTW, long time no see )
You may have to convert DSD to PCM to apply equalization. From what I hear from audiophile circles, it is the digital manipulation that messes with the sound signature. If you think about it, IR's older albums, even when digital were mixed live in analog to stereo. Kavi Alexander of Water Lily Acoustics, always records (mostly in stereo) and mixes in analog and only in final stages he converts to PCM for releasing CDs. So, I guess probably a 24bit/96Khz would be more than fine and you can use DEQX (www.deqx.com) for equalization while playback or use your computer/open source software.
@Chelian - I am not sure how much you can accomplish in remastering when the old master itself is messed. Maybe some of these are just the same 16bit/44.1khz stereo tracks with some equalization. I have mentioned before there are quite a number of IR's old album either in analog or in digital that are much superior in recreating the acoustics and closer to the sound of real instruments (eg. thanikkattu raaja - analog, singaraveLan - digital (guessing)).

Kiru.. yes... its been a while.. hope you are doing good.. Regarding applying eq, I'm sure you can also do that in the digital domain. I do own a dac which comes with a software in which I do apply eq and rumble filters in the digital domain. You are correct about the digital manipulation ruining the original quality (hence my quest for dsd/dxd :) ). When you say older IR albums, are you referring to the process of manufacturing vinyl (recorded digitally and created as analog in the form of Vinyl) ? Couple of weeks ago, I recorded a hindi movie of IR (Kamagni brand new lp) at 24/96 and downsampled to 16/44.1. Here is a sample (http://soundcloud.com/raja4ever/kamagni-sampleclip) . Its pretty close the original vinyl record. Once you go beyong 24/96, its hard to distinguish the difference..

K
6th July 2012, 07:27 PM
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=338591286221037&set=a.116444975102337.23497.100002105057203&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf

irir123
6th July 2012, 09:54 PM
K - adhu onnu thaan baakki! album release date innum therila

raja_fan
7th July 2012, 08:14 AM
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=338591286221037&set=a.116444975102337.23497.100002105057203&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf

No surprise ! The survey is done by "Thatstamil" who are well known IR worshippers :)

jaiganes
7th July 2012, 08:49 AM
No surprise ! The survey is done by "Thatstamil" who are well known IR worshippers :)

oho appo avingalum enga "cult" dhaana - poga poga - unga cult definition redefine panna vendi irukkum bola irukke.
"major religion" status kedaichudum pola irukkE!

AravindMano
7th July 2012, 05:58 PM
Another "Expect super duper news on NEPV next week" tweet doing the rounds.

Sureshs65
7th July 2012, 10:09 PM
One of friends, on twitter, (Dileep) saw Lakshmi Mancu, Mohan Babu's daughter and producer of 'Gundello Godavari' at the airport. He asked her when the music release was. She said that it will be next and that the songs are terrific and the wait will be worth it. Ofcourse we can't expect the producer to say something else but nice to know one Raja album will come out next month.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
8th July 2012, 06:29 AM
Another "Expect super duper news on NEPV next week" tweet doing the rounds.

One more teaser aam, followed by that shortly audio release aam

Sureshs65
8th July 2012, 01:15 PM
Going by the current trend, should they not be putting up 'Making of the teaser'?

irir123
10th July 2012, 12:49 AM
btw, the NEPV teaser video on youtube has now more than 100,000 views since mid-May, 2012 !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhhpT59sIYs&feature=youtu.be

not bad! only hope GVM makes proper use of such an anticipation!

KV
11th July 2012, 07:15 PM
Going by the online buzz and hype around Billa-2 release this Friday, it seems highly unlikely to me that GVM would opt for NEPV's audio release anytime soon in the coming weeks. The painful wait, I think, will be prolonged even further. rats.

Gregorysab
11th July 2012, 07:40 PM
Kameshratnam just wrote on twitter that NEPV is likely to be postponed to.... *hold your breath* 2013. Apparently the actress Samantha is suffering from some skin allergies and the film is likely to be delayed!

Now I have to once again write what I first wrote when the first rumour of GVM-IR teaming up for a film came about: "I will believe it only when I have the cd in my hands". Rest all is maaya!

skr
11th July 2012, 07:43 PM
Seems most likely only in 2013
http://www.hellotamilcinema.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1024%3A2012-07-11-07-59-47&catid=82%3Afd&Itemid=459

KV
11th July 2012, 08:03 PM
justu six months? so easy ya!
ippo ellaarum moonjiya sirichcha maadhiriyE vechchukanga paappOm. ippidi...:)

raja_fan
11th July 2012, 08:29 PM
idhukku thaan periyavanga solluvaanga "onre sei..adhai nanre sei..adhaiyum inre sei" nu.

Indha aal ore samayathula 3 padathula kaalai vachchu izhuththadichaa samanthaavukku pera kozhandhaiye porandhudum..saruma viyaathiyaa varaathu ???

Adappaavigalaa..en kan munnaala ippo maayakkannadi, nandalaalaa ellaam vandhu poguthe...enyaa IR fans-kku mattum ippadi vidhi vilaiyaaduthu !!!

raja_fan
11th July 2012, 08:33 PM
Naama ellorum ippo sama(n)thaa thoonga povomaa ? 2013-il paakkalaam . Good night ! Sweet dreams.

KV
11th July 2012, 08:40 PM
noooo! thivviya ilaatti enna, namma aduththa target... nayandhdhaaraa!

sathyan saare... sugam aano? endho varthamaanam?

MumbaiRamki
12th July 2012, 10:38 AM
Seems most likely only in 2013
http://www.hellotamilcinema.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1024%3A2012-07-11-07-59-47&catid=82%3Afd&Itemid=459

This news does not make sense to me . Forget Samantha. GVM already knows that Jeeva has back to back mugamoodi and David . How come he will plan for one schedule left ?

May be 1 song and few re-shoots could be pending. And i believe the film should be very close to be over, as BGM is the last thing that is done to the movie ( except songs may be ) .

irir123
12th July 2012, 05:40 PM
good news! SONY MUSIC SOUTH has confirmed they have the rights for Neethaane En Ponvasantham, both in Tamil and Telugu !!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1864561&l=81622106e3&id=138529366173057

layman10
12th July 2012, 06:05 PM
good news! SONY MUSIC SOUTH has confirmed they have the rights for Neethaane En Ponvasantham, both in Tamil and Telugu !!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1864561&l=81622106e3&id=138529366173057

SONY MUSIC *SOUTH*. Ithelayum oru southaa?!. I fail to understand what these music companies really do. After all talent hunt, conceiving music, marketing are all pretty much done by film industry, except distribution.

AravindMano
12th July 2012, 06:23 PM
Samantha has tweeted that she hasn't caused any postponement of any film. https://twitter.com/samanthaprabhu2/status/223328301924630528

Something is not right with her tone. If its directed at people who spread the rumors then fine. Rumor kiLappi vittadhE NEP unit nA there is more trouble :lol:

Gregorysab
12th July 2012, 06:50 PM
So whats the final update from these conflicting reports! Is NEPV releasing soon or not?

AravindMano
14th July 2012, 06:00 AM
We have 8-10 days of shoot left which will commence soon

*ting ting di ding*

AravindMano
14th July 2012, 09:31 AM
Yuvan Shankar Raja is right now raving about sAindhu sAindhu in Twitter. He has probably heard the final cut.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
14th July 2012, 05:34 PM
We have 8-10 days of shoot left which will commence soon

which means BGM is not yet over?!?

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
14th July 2012, 09:11 PM
http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/news/2012/07/we-are-music-directors-but-my-dad-i-157703.html

திரையுலகில் என்னைப் போன்றவர்கள் இசை இயக்குநர்களாக இருக்கலாம். ஆனால் இசையை உருவாக்கும் கம்போஸர் என்ற அந்தஸ்துள்ள ஒருவர் அப்பா மட்டுமே (இசைஞானி இளையராஜா), என்று கூறியுள்ளார் யுவன் சங்கர் ராஜா.

இளையராஜா இசையமைத்துள்ள நீதானே என் பொன்வசந்தம் படத்தில் யுவன் ஒரு பாடல் பாடியுள்ளார். சாய்ந்து சாய்ந்து என்று தொடங்கும் அந்தப் பாடலின் பைனல் மிக்ஸிங் முடிந்த பிறகு, பாட்டைக் கேட்டுள்ளார் யுவன்.

தன் வாழ்நாளில் அத்தனை சிறப்பான இசையைக் கேட்டதில்லை என்று ட்விட்டரில் கருத்து தெரிவித்த, யுவன் இந்த வாய்ப்புக்காக இசைஞானிக்கும் இயக்குநர் கவுதமுக்கும் நன்றி தெரிவித்துள்ளார்.

இதுகுறித்து அவர் எழுதியுள்ளது:

சாய்ந்து சாய்ந்து பாடலை திரும்பத் திரும்ப கேட்டுக் கொண்டே இருக்கிறேன். ஒரு பைத்தியம் மாதிரி அதிலேயே பயணித்துக் கொண்டிருக்கிறேன். இந்தப் பாடலில் ஒரு பகுதியாக நான் இருந்தது ஆசீர்வாதம். கற்பனைக்கெட்டாத இசை. அப்பா கிரேட்!

அந்தப் பாடலின் இறுதி வடிவம் கேட்டதும், பேச்சற்றுப் போனேன். தூய்மையான இசையென்றால் என்னவென்று தெரிந்து கொண்டேன். இந்தப் பாடலை பாடச் செய்த கவுதமுக்கு நன்றி.

நாங்கள் எல்லோரும் இசையமைப்பாளர்கள் (மியூசிக் டைரக்டர்ஸ்)... ஆனால் அப்பா (இளையராஜா) ஒருவர்தான் மியூசிக் கம்போஸர்!

There is less chance Gautam will go again to Raja, but i feel there will be some other directors who may go to him. whatever it is, future is only brighter!

irir123
14th July 2012, 09:52 PM
nalla vela it was yuvan raving abt IR being the only composer -being IR's son, he probably got away with it! had it been GVM (instead and by mistake), we would all have been waiting for a response (remember Mysskin-IR misunderstanding post-Nandalala ?) from IR at a near-future function !!

AravindMano
18th July 2012, 04:06 PM
"Visual Teaser" of sAindhu sAindhu this Sunday.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
18th July 2012, 04:26 PM
When the whole world was expecting to see the back cover of the Audio CD(front cover later), NEPV team goes a step ahead and release the Visual Teaser itself. These guys are too fast I say.

Also, how to break an album release into zillion parts and release, that is a thing whole Film Industry shud learn from NEPV team. May be they shud even Patent this process.

Devaraagam
22nd July 2012, 01:20 AM
Just saw the teaser" its only T, before get into the feeling it's over. ( saindu saindu naan paarkuren munbey teaser mudijiruchey....adada.....)

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DH4dJ1QmrmOI&v=H4dJ1QmrmOI&gl=US

Devaraagam
22nd July 2012, 01:25 AM
It seems, GVM is including Names one by one and releasing clips, 1st film title and GVM name, then after included raja one clips, now after included Sony

skr
22nd July 2012, 11:19 AM
38 second teaser now
Saindhu Saindhu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4dJ1QmrmOI&feature=plcp

Yethi Yethi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikbcy6egCpQ&feature=youtu.be

ajaybaskar
22nd July 2012, 11:49 AM
Sounds better in Telugu

MumbaiRamki
22nd July 2012, 01:59 PM
38 second teaser now
Saindhu Saindhu

Mokka teaser - For teasers for films based on romance, you have to give more time on viewer's mind - this is not an action film, where you can have few scenes and peppy editing to creat an impression. Sorry GVM , better try with next trailer.This is too short, too cliched GVMish

MumbaiRamki
22nd July 2012, 02:05 PM
GVM sir .. neengalaumaa .. ada pongappa ...
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=388962097833465

SoftSword
22nd July 2012, 06:20 PM
nallaadhaane irukku teaser... the song also sounds very good now with yuvan voice...

venkkiram
22nd July 2012, 06:26 PM
Sounds better in Telugu +1.......

Gregorysab
22nd July 2012, 08:37 PM
+1.......

Absolutely! I know its premature to comment on the tune or the song. But somehow, i feel Yuvan sounds a bit besura! is it only me?

Nerd
22nd July 2012, 08:38 PM
nallaadhaane irukku teaser... the song also sounds very good now with yuvan voice...
+1. Yuvar's voice minus the backing instruments sounded awful. Thankfully that's missing in the trailer. And when the groove starts, it operates on a totally different plane and we are able to look past the voice. I louu it. Maranamass hit for sure.

Looks better in Telugu, I would say. Thiruvaaththaan Jeeva :lol2:

jmahesh
22nd July 2012, 09:01 PM
+1. Yuvar's voice minus the backing instruments sounded awful. Thankfully that's missing in the trailer. And when the groove starts, it operates on a totally different plane and we are able to look past the voice. I louu it. Maranamass hit for sure.

Who is the singer in telugu?

MumbaiRamki
22nd July 2012, 09:28 PM
nALLA thaan irukku .. aana romba build up kuduthu i edxpected atleasst 1 min teaser .. this is too short and that tipped my experience

SoftSword
22nd July 2012, 09:52 PM

annae... andha groove peru ennamo solluvaaingalae... genre?

Sureshs65
23rd July 2012, 02:55 PM
jmahesh,

I think it is Shaan who is singing that song in Telugu

jmahesh
24th July 2012, 02:01 AM
jmahesh,

I think it is Shaan who is singing that song in Telugu

Thank you Sureshs65. Has he sung for IR before or is he known for any of his previous songs?

irir123
24th July 2012, 03:15 AM
jmahesh - shaan has sung in "Mumbai xpress"

jaiganes
24th July 2012, 10:02 AM
more recently, in that most under rated album
of the century chal chalein

Gregorysab
24th July 2012, 11:40 AM
Shaan did sing few songs. Mumbai Express, Chal Chalein etc. Even the slow version of Mudi Mudi in Paa was well sung by Shaan.

NormalMan
24th July 2012, 12:57 PM
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/regional/tamil/news-interviews/Saindhu-Saindhu-is-a-hit/articleshow/15088734.cms?intenttarget=no

MumbaiRamki
24th July 2012, 01:44 PM
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/regional/tamil/news-interviews/Saindhu-Saindhu-is-a-hit/articleshow/15088734.cms?intenttarget=no

It has reached ~90K hits in 3 days , which is phenomenal :)

irir123
24th July 2012, 09:05 PM
more recently, in that most under rated album
of the century chal chalein

+ 10 !!

i played chal chalein to some friends in the jazz music scene - they loved it totally and are eagely looking fwd to NEPV audio !! I hope SONY does release the audio worldwide!

dochu
25th July 2012, 09:15 AM
IMHO, no matter how much ever hype is created around Yuvan's singing of off-keyed saindhu saindhu, it is still bad. Such a good tune, wasted by a bad pick as a singer. Telugu version sounds excellent.

irir123
26th July 2012, 04:41 AM
is this SONY Music something independent and different from SONY Music international ??

http://www.sonymusic.com/international

I dont see India listed above !!

KV
9th August 2012, 01:08 PM
I'm yet to catch the teaser on Jaya TV (raaja singing saindhu saindhu?). Any online links for this one? Please post maadi.

AravindMano
10th August 2012, 08:53 AM
Special programme on August 15th 9:30 PM on Jaya TV. Raja and Gautham talk.

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-features/tp-fridayreview/article3748049.ece

Gregorysab
10th August 2012, 08:55 AM
Special programme on August 15th 9:30 PM on Jaya TV. Raja and Gautham talk.

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-features/tp-fridayreview/article3748049.ece

Whistles!

KV
10th August 2012, 10:46 AM
:clap: Time to go captive on independance day!
Hoping the grand piano in the background wouldn't be just a showpiece. Subasree maami mEla lighta nambikkai.

SoftSword
10th August 2012, 05:55 PM
wat the irresponsible goudham... :evil:
VTV had a song leak more than one month ahead of the official release...

Shankar.P
11th August 2012, 09:42 AM
audio launch function - sep.1st in chennai!

Devaraagam
12th August 2012, 12:11 AM
is this SONY Music something independent and different from SONY Music international ??

http://www.sonymusic.com/international

I dont see India listed above !!Irir u canot Indian releases in this website I believe they do not have proper website for the same

AravindMano
12th August 2012, 12:16 AM
Friend says in FB that

என்னோடு வா என்று சொல்லமாட்டேன்!
உன்னை விட்டு வேறெங்கும் போகமாட்டேன்

is a lyric heard in the Jaya TV program promo.

AravindMano
12th August 2012, 03:38 AM
Finally saw the promo on Jaya Max.

No music, songs etc - not even BGM for the promo. They just talk.

Raja asks - Why did you come to me? Why were you scared to come to me?

Gautham says - My music or my definition of music was defined by you. So I came to you. You made me very comfortable. He quotes the above mentioned lyric and says I know you wrote that specially for me and (I forgot what he says here). And it gets over.

They both laugh. They seem to be very comfortable.

thumburu
12th August 2012, 05:14 PM
Finally saw the promo on Jaya Max.

No music, songs etc - not even BGM for the promo. They just talk.

Raja asks - Why did you come to me? Why were you scared to come to me?

Gautham says - My music or my definition of music was defined by you. So I came to you. You made me very comfortable. He quotes the above mentioned lyric and says I know you wrote that specially for me and (I forgot what he says here). And it gets over.

They both laugh. They seem to be very comfortable.

Thanks AM. But I need more info like when they telecast, timing etc. Is it regarding the Sep 1 audio launch?

skr
12th August 2012, 05:52 PM
Thumburu ,
The interview between GVM and IR is on Jaya tv on 15th Aug 930 PM..

The audio release is going to take place on 1st Sep where Raaja is going to perform all the songs from NEPV and also some of his other hit songs ..
It is most likely to happen at the Nehru stadium or Anna Centenary with preference likely to be for the former.

Nerd
13th August 2012, 08:31 PM
LOL!! ROFLMAX!! Adhu ennadaa vendrum? vendrugalaa :twisted:

Sony Music South‏@south_sonymusicTweet to us with #IlayarajaPaatuVendrum (http://www.mayyam.com/search/?q=%23IlayarajaPaatuVendrum&src=hash) & if the response is good then we will release a special track from NEP just for you. #RT (http://www.mayyam.com/search/?q=%23RT&src=hash)

Sureshs65
13th August 2012, 08:49 PM
As I wrote in twitter, both NEP twitter handle guys and Sony South guys have started treating the NEP audio like some Shakeela 'bit' movie !!! Stupid fellows.

Gregorysab
14th August 2012, 12:08 PM
I think the makers of NEPV are killing the anticipation of the very fans they are targetting, by overdoing this.

Honestly speaking, my expectations are slightly lower. With Saindhu Saindhu, I am somehow feeling that Raaja has given more of what GVM wants rather than more of what fans want (Raaja might be right, from his perspective). and I dont know if the album will eventually give me what I want from Raaja. Agreed, the threshold excitement levels still persist because of 108 piece orchestra recording in London and all that. still, i would like to keep my expectations low (and get surprised) rather than falling for the hype and getting disappointed.

San_K
14th August 2012, 02:16 PM
Don't worry GVM is also a fan of IR

Gregorysab
14th August 2012, 02:42 PM
That I know! But the only doubt i have is - is he trying to get the best of raaja or is he trying to get what sells the most today?

SoftSword
14th August 2012, 02:54 PM
cool makkalae... in very few days things would get sweeter..

San_K
14th August 2012, 03:25 PM
That I know! But the only doubt i have is - is he trying to get the best of raaja or is he trying to get what sells the most today?

Well, I am ok with either this or that :)

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
14th August 2012, 05:57 PM
LOL!! ROFLMAX!! Adhu ennadaa vendrum? vendrugalaa :twisted:

Sony Music South‏@south_sonymusicTweet to us with #IlayarajaPaatuVendrum (http://www.mayyam.com/search/?q=%23IlayarajaPaatuVendrum&src=hash) & if the response is good then we will release a special track from NEP just for you. #RT (http://www.mayyam.com/search/?q=%23RT&src=hash)

Ithai vida periya comedy, SwaamigaL himself is allowing to happen. Aug20 Concert/Conclave, 10K ticket edukkuravangalukku Genius oda foto & opportunity to have lunch with him :(

Nerd
14th August 2012, 06:44 PM
Waitese Sakala, nobody knows what it is. But I for one would not pay to go see him *talk* of all the things he could do :-) :-)

irir123
14th August 2012, 06:54 PM
Ithai vida periya comedy, SwaamigaL himself is allowing to happen. Aug20 Concert/Conclave, 10K ticket edukkuravangalukku Genius oda foto & opportunity to have lunch with him :(

SKV !! there are concerts/events where such things do happen in the west - Sarah Chang once performed here and they had a 'wine and cheese' reception for choice members of the audience on first-come-first-serve basis - I ignored the wine and gobbled up some cheese (since i had skipped lunch that day, using my lunch time to make 2 CDs with IR's strings based scores and also a short writeup on his music) and 'rubbed' shoulders with Chang (she was quite down-to-earth, for someone of her status/calibre) and silently slipped the IR 'package' into her hands before she even knew what happened! she was mildly surprised, blushed and thanked me and i go 'my pleasure Ms.Chang! listen to the music and maybe sometime in the future, we would get to listen to you perform with the maestro onstage or in a CD'

but IR doing this is kinda funny! avaru studio poi paatthu pesara neraya perukku photo chance laam kudukkararu - his biggest difference as compared most other celebrities is his accessibility to ppl who are seriously interested in meeting him! adhaan idhellaam konjam odd aa theriyudhu!

but anyway, event management team, appdeenu yedho professional rangela maarittirukku! which IMO is a good sign!

KV
14th August 2012, 07:08 PM
While on one hand this might seem like 'eranooru rooba kudutha aapill juice; naanooru rooba kuduththa aattukaal soupu', I think we need to change our POV, try and ignore the seemingly corny parts and lap up the opportunity of getting to watch a genius mind speak about his music. Whether it's going to be executed well or not is secondary; just the idea itself is worth a shot. Thumbikkai dhaan vaazhkkai.

IRIR: "(since i had skipped lunch that day, using my lunch time to make 2 CDs with IR's strings based scores and also a short writeup on his music) and 'rubbed' shoulders with Chang (she was quite down-to-earth, for someone of her status/calibre) and silently slipped the IR 'package' into her hands before she even knew what happened! she was mildly surprised, blushed and thanked me and i go 'my pleasure Ms.Chang! listen to the music and maybe sometime in the future, we would get to listen to you perform with the maestro onstage or in a CD'"

adra sakka :clap:

Bala (Karthik)
14th August 2012, 07:40 PM
Well, I am ok with either this or that :)
+1...........

Plum
14th August 2012, 10:30 PM
IRIR - oru chance vudaRadhillai...Miss kedaichA Shoulder Rub paNNa...oops...I mean maestro pugazh aprappa. andha dhigil muruganum irukKAnE PRO-nu...

irir123
15th August 2012, 02:24 AM
Plum - i think if am not careful with the language i use, someone might put me as an entry in the 'kisu kisu' thread !

on a lighter note - beyond/besides Chang (in that public well-lit hall, shoulder mattum thaanunga rub panna mudiyum-)), namakku oru galaxy of friends, particularly girl/lady friends irukkaanga !

aanaa, avanga ellaam total confees when it comes to my passion for meesic, esp IR's music!

an interesting titbit - in january, 2010 - i had given a talk at a conference in an island off texas coast - one of our collaborators who has been travelling to india a few times recently, was chatting with me one evening - casual relaxing evening in the lounge / bar, with 20 other delegates - when he mentioned to me abt indian music! all my senses went on high alert - he kept on talking abt Ravi Shankar and so on! i patiently silently let him speak - and once he was done took him to the piano (one of those big/grand pianos) in that hall - around that time i had learnt to play the 'punnagai mannan' theme (minus the duet part - PM theme needs two ppl to perform properly - i knew to play the main theme thats all) and played it out to him (after some fumbling initially) - and i told him once done "thats from india's most creative composer - Ilaiyaraaja" - he was intrigued and by the time he left the conference 2 days later, he had the HTNI (my last personal copy!)CD with him!

i forgot abt it in a few days - but after a month's time, he emailed me thanking me for the CD and gave a few lines of review!

the gentleman is a senior faculty/professor at the univ of washington, a key man in policy-making for NASA, and a connoisseur of the arts!

way back in 2003, another colleague of mine had invited a few of us over to his place to introduce to his family - key west, florida - penthouse apartment on the top-most floor (25th floor) - dad is a retd ENT specialist and a connoisseur of western classical music! after almost 2 hrs of chatting, listening to baroque (mostly vivaldi) music, he asked me abt indian music - i resisted the temptation to talk abt IR - and gave them an intro to what little i knew abt traditional indian music how it has evolved etc etc and then came to film music, carefully demarcating trashy bollywood music (that most americans are familiar with) and genuine artsy filmy music - waited for things to soak in - allowing them all to indulge in another round of wine/cognac/bourbon (i stuck to a redbull to keep my energy level going since i was abt to speak abt IR) - and then after that buildup, spoke abt the uniqueness of IR !

I had them ! under a spell ! then played out 'mozart, i love you' - the 75 year old ENT father loved it - immensely!

I do what I can! after all I grew up with this man's music!

AravindMano
15th August 2012, 06:38 AM
Another song promo today - Etho Ennodu Vaa sung by Karthik. Watch out Twitter space.

Singer Karthik has tweeted the video but made the video private. He will make it public today. ellAm namma thalai ezuththu.

http://t.co/9zgOHXN6

V_S
15th August 2012, 07:35 AM
irir123 :notworthy: on your passion for Raja. No words of thanks will suffice the responsibility (I remember this dialogue now. As NT says in DM; ithu enna perumaiya, ithu ovvorutharOda kadamai :smile:) you have taken which you are doing it tirelessly and diligently with even smallest opportunities. Hats off! :thumbsup:

Gregorysab
15th August 2012, 08:38 AM
Plum - i think if am not careful with the language i use, someone might put me as an entry in the 'kisu kisu' thread !

on a lighter note - beyond/besides Chang (in that public well-lit hall, shoulder mattum thaanunga rub panna mudiyum-)),
!

aanaa, avanga ellaam total confees when it comes to my passion for meesic, esp IR's music!

an interesting titbit - in january, 2010 - i had given a talk at a conference in an island off texas coast - one of our collaborators who has been travelling to india a few times recently, was chatting with me one evening - casual relaxing evening in the lounge / bar, with 20 other delegates - when he mentioned to me abt indian music! all my senses went on high alert - he kept on talking abt Ravi Shankar and so on! i patiently silently let him speak - and once he was done took him to the piano (one of those big/grand pianos) in that hall - around that time i had learnt to play the 'punnagai mannan' theme (minus the duet part - PM theme needs two ppl to perform properly - i knew to play the main theme thats all) and played it out to him (after some fumbling initially) - and i told him once done "thats from india's most creative composer - Ilaiyaraaja" - he was intrigued and by the time he left the conference 2 days later, he had the HTNI (my last personal copy!)CD with him!

i forgot abt it in a few days - but after a month's time, he emailed me thanking me for the CD and gave a few lines of review!

the gentleman is a senior faculty/professor at the univ of washington, a key man in policy-making for NASA, and a connoisseur of the arts!

way back in 2003, another colleague of mine had invited a few of us over to his place to introduce to his family - key west, florida - penthouse apartment on the top-most floor (25th floor) - dad is a retd ENT specialist and a connoisseur of western classical music! after almost 2 hrs of chatting, listening to baroque (mostly vivaldi) music, he asked me abt indian music - i resisted the temptation to talk abt IR - and gave them an intro to what little i knew abt traditional indian music how it has evolved etc etc and then came to film music, carefully demarcating trashy bollywood music (that most americans are familiar with) and genuine artsy filmy music - waited for things to soak in - allowing them all to indulge in another round of wine/cognac/bourbon (i stuck to a redbull to keep my energy level going since i was abt to speak abt IR) - and then after that buildup, spoke abt the uniqueness of IR !

I had them ! under a spell ! then played out 'mozart, i love you' - the 75 year old ENT father loved it - immensely!

I do what I can! after all I grew up with this man's music!

Annai! :clap::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Also,

namakku oru galaxy of friends, particularly girl/lady friends irukkaanga

Hmm.. Interesting...:smokesmile:

Gregorysab
15th August 2012, 08:42 AM
Another song promo today - Etho Ennodu Vaa sung by Karthik. Watch out Twitter space.

Singer Karthik has tweeted the video but made the video private. He will make it public today. ellAm namma thalai ezuththu.

http://t.co/9zgOHXN6

Another 27.43 second teaser probably..

skr
15th August 2012, 09:45 AM
Ennoda Vaa Vaa - Tamil
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzzHHdktab0

Yenthantha - Telugu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_guiV4ovx4&feature=plcp

AravindMano
15th August 2012, 09:51 AM
Good-du. Telugu sounds better somehow. Lyrics is going to suck, I think.

Prelude is very intriguing.

app_engine
15th August 2012, 11:00 AM
Good one, this!
:clap:

appAdA, sAindhu sAindhu effect erased :-)

app_engine
15th August 2012, 11:11 AM
Since it's only a few seconds, one cannot help but wonder if IR used 'gimme gimme gimme a man after midnight' as some sort of a reference to the prelude :wink: (few seconds from 0.22 in the ABBA youtube)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RJPV7oIiR8

Bala (Karthik)
15th August 2012, 11:12 AM
God, didn't bring my earphones :hammer:

teja
15th August 2012, 11:20 AM
Since it's only a few seconds, one cannot help but wonder if IR used 'gimme gimme gimme a man after midnight' as some sort of a reference to the prelude :wink: (few seconds from 0.22 in the ABBA youtube)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RJPV7oIiR8

So I wasn't the only one to recollect ABBA. It's a minute, distant, very very distant reference, perhaps.

app_engine
15th August 2012, 11:24 AM
The girl looks beauttiful, no wonder she is so popular among the youththu hubbers :-)

app_engine
15th August 2012, 11:30 AM
Simple and very addictive pallavi - sure fire hit / will be popular among masses like me :-)
(I remember a Pollachi tea stall fellow playing 'ennaiththAlAtta varuvALO' on repeat for >10 times one night...this one is similarly catchy and sweet on ears. It doesn't cry for SPB levels and Karthik does a neat job, much like IR / Hariharan did in the pallavi of ETV)

app_engine
15th August 2012, 11:34 AM
'vaseegarA en nenjinikka' was on repeat when I drove back from work this evening. Catchy it was and Gautam sure knows what will catch like fire, 'ennOdu vA vA enRu solla mAtten - unnai vittu vERu engum pOga mAttEn' is very similar. Easily hummable and will catch like wild fire among current TFM lovers.

(OTOH, HCIRFs who yearn for complex rAgA based melodies, please reduce the expectations a little bit...avungaLukku ERkanavE koduththadhu niRaiya irukku, indha album thiruvALar podhu janaththukku)

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
15th August 2012, 12:01 PM
Samantha is back :smile:

Samantha is back in action after more than three months. She had taken a long break from all her film shootings as she was recovering from a bout of infections which had weakened her immune system. After she failed to turn up on the sets of Autonagar Surya last month, speculations were rife that she might even lose out some of her upcoming films. Finally, she put an end to all the rumours and reached Hyderabad where she’s currently shooting for Nandini Reddy’s upcoming romantic film. Siddharth and Samantha are playing the lead roles in this film and Bellamkonda Suresh is producing it. If all goes well, she’s expected to join the sets of Seethamma Vaakitlo Sirimalle Chettu sometime later this month and in September, she’ll wrap up the remaining portions of Gautham Menon’s Yeto Vellipoyindhi Manasu.

http://www.idlebrain.com/news/2000march20/samantha-back.html

So we may expect an October release. NallaveLai, audio is launching in 2 weeks!

MumbaiRamki
15th August 2012, 12:11 PM
On the first listen, i thought the song was done by SA Rajkumar, but for the accompanying orchestration reminded it was Raaja . Didnt impress me on the first listen - will wait for more listens .

Gregorysab
15th August 2012, 12:41 PM
Unlike Saindhu, I must say I like this one. Reminds me of Konjam Thira Konjam Thira song. Like the instrumentation (in whatever I heard).

San_K
15th August 2012, 12:44 PM
unexpected song but very sweeet song. Liked the catchy tune and hope saranam. Very smooth song like Kannukkum Kannukkum Modhal. OTOH I think Sainthu Sainthu will be a musical treat :)

raja_fan
15th August 2012, 12:46 PM
On the first listen, i thought the song was done by SA Rajkumar, but for the accompanying orchestration reminded it was Raaja . Didnt impress me on the first listen - will wait for more listens .

MumbauRamki,

Be prepared for brickbats from people ! Same to me.
For me, this bit reminded of old AM Raja kind of composing...( Pattu paada vaa.. ).
Idhukku "saindhu..saindhu" was far better...Gowtham idhaiyaa ok panninaar ?!

San_K
15th August 2012, 12:49 PM
Good-du. Telugu sounds better somehow. Lyrics is going to suck, I think.

Prelude is very intriguing.

என்னோடு வா வா என்று சொல்ல மாட்டேன்
உன்னை விட்டு வேறு எங்கும் செல்ல மாட்டேன்

I found above are good lines

K
15th August 2012, 01:27 PM
Reminds me Villu song, "ne kobapattal", not up to the Standard of Raja. Telugu version sounds better, ithellam on First listening with great expectation. May change after listening full version.

San_K
15th August 2012, 01:37 PM
^^^ I too reminded that villu song but the villu song was very plain. I hope this song will have twists :)

Sureshs65
15th August 2012, 02:04 PM
I don't know what the purpose of such teasers is. I mean, there is so little here that you cannot make out anything. Given that Raja's song build up wonderfully in charanam, if they had just put up parts of interlude and first two lines of charanam, the excitement level would have rocketed up. Just listen to 'unnai patri sonnal' from this angle. If they release only 'unnai patri sonnal enna solvadhu, ennai patri sonnal', you will be totally underwhelmed with the song. That is just the base on which he builds the excellent interludes and then that outstanding charanam. Maybe they are deliberately holding it back. From all accounts, 'Saindhu Saindhu' charanams are supposed to be fantastic.

Having said that, I like whatever I heard and this promises to be the base on which Raja will build the melody. As app said, hard core Raja fans can please excuse. This is for the youth. And contrary to what app thinks, "Saindhu Saindhu' is already a hit with kids. Two folks have recorded that song with their 3 yr olds!!! So I will go with Sanjeevi that 'Saindhu Saindhu' will be a far greater hit.

Sureshs65
15th August 2012, 02:05 PM
And my guess is that the Telugu version will be a bigger hit than the Tamil one. Both songs till now sound much better in Telugu. And Nani / Samantha was the recent Naan-E (Eega) jodi. So that will also work in their favor.

MumbaiRamki
15th August 2012, 02:25 PM
Repeated listens .. i predict this to be another konjam thira song - with rhyme like starts and building gradually - and this one would have that extra peppy orchestration...

But the reason why i felt irritating was the lyrics .. enna kanraavi lyrics ..Rhyme like lyrics ....

K
15th August 2012, 02:47 PM
http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2012/08/ilayaraaja-s-ennodu-vaa-vaa-song-goes-viral-online-159680.html

Romba usupethuranga pa

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
15th August 2012, 02:59 PM
And my guess is that the Telugu version will be a bigger hit than the Tamil one. Both songs till now sound much better in Telugu. And Nani / Samantha was the recent Naan-E (Eega) jodi. So that will also work in their favor.

They are also the VTV Telugu pair!

Nerd
15th August 2012, 04:58 PM
Eh! Even shorter than saainthu but if i were to compare - I liked saainthu better actually. Raaja signature suththamaa illai idhula. It was there in saainthu.

AravindMano
15th August 2012, 05:11 PM
They are also the VTV Telugu pair!

Not. Naga Chaitanya and Samantha.

AravindMano
15th August 2012, 05:12 PM
And this lyric was written by Raja :lol: That's what Menon says in Jaya TV promo.

Bala (Karthik)
15th August 2012, 05:31 PM
WTH!!! What a fall. Ok, it's just a few seconds and i listened only once w/o earphones but I find it difficult to convince myself this song will redeem itself from the depths it starts from. S.A Rajkumar level indeed :shaking:

SoftSword
15th August 2012, 05:36 PM
ok now... expectation levels reduced... stage set... right time to release the album...

jaiganes
15th August 2012, 07:21 PM
The girl looks beauttiful, no wonder she is so popular among the youththu hubbers :-)
ivinga taste maela enakkum ippo nambikkai vandhirukku

SoftSword
15th August 2012, 07:32 PM
actuala remba simplea irukku tune... who the singer? palaya a m raja song madhiri irukku.. nenjamundu nermaiyundu oduraaja madhiri...
sa rajkumar reference ellaam saamikutthamyaa... solten.

MumbaiRamki
15th August 2012, 07:36 PM
WTH!!! What a fall. Ok, it's just a few seconds and i listened only once w/o earphones but I find it difficult to convince myself this song will redeem itself from the depths it starts from. S.A Rajkumar level indeed :shaking:

I too got the same feeling w/o earphones. It is the orchestration that stands out . As somebody pointed out, even Unnai patri sonnal song had the same pedestrian tune feeling, but what interludes and charanam !!

app_engine
15th August 2012, 08:01 PM
who the singer?

ennaya mAthiri kezhavanukkE adhu Karthik'nu theriyudhu...neerellAm enna youththu?

Gregorysab
15th August 2012, 08:04 PM
This is for the youth.

you mean for us ;-)

SoftSword
15th August 2012, 08:06 PM
:oops:

teja
15th August 2012, 08:11 PM

That's a bit premature. Especially, comparison to SA Rajkumar! If you recall, when we first heard "Jagadananda Kaaraka" (Sri Rama Rajyam), a lot of hubbers were complaining that tune is too simple. We all know the end result. As we read in many news articles, GVM asked for 'simple' tunes. (i.e, not those complicated ones appreciated by a handful).

Personally, I liked this a lot better than Saindhu. If prelude is anything to go by, this song is going to rock. So let's hold the bashing till the album release :)

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
15th August 2012, 08:20 PM
பொண்ணோட வெரல வெச்சி எப்டிய்யா அழகா இல்லையான்னு முடிவு பண்ணமுடியும்? இன்னும் 2 வாரம் பொறுமை காக்கவும், ஃபிகர் சுகர்ன்னு முடிவாகும்

Kimrep
15th August 2012, 08:21 PM
Agree with MumbaiRamki with regards to headphones, does sound great on headphones. I keep wondering how it would've been in SPB's voice, this forum would've caught on fire but not using SPB is probably deliberate on IR/GVM part. Not at all complaining about the singer, I love it , just missing SPB's voice. For me, this sounds golden. I feel IR all over it...

This really is a super tease, just when you feel like fireworks about to go off, the whole thing just abruptly ends! Gavudham Kaduppetharaanda!