PDA

View Full Version : Khan Saheb Kamal Haasan's Jamaat/Jeba Koottam/Devasthaanam - Part 8

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

P_R
8th August 2012, 07:29 PM
ware wah..what an Englees...american speech laanguvEj top

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
9th August 2012, 09:37 PM
Hub Greats, Can any one, and everyone, if possible, can do a small paragraph/write-up about Kamal the Actor?!? It shud serve its purpose for someone who doesn't know kamal. It shud summarize the whole of him, the actor part completely. From his 1st to last best. I will tell the reason later.. but don't say no! Kindly take up and proceed :) One para, thats all!

Oru paya kandukkala polaye :(

venkkiram
9th August 2012, 09:51 PM
Oru paya kandukkala polaye :( புரோகிதர் பெரியவாக்கள் நிறைந்திருக்கிற சபையில் வேடிக்கை பார்க்கலாம்னு இருந்துட்டேன்!

app_engine
10th August 2012, 10:13 AM
time kedaichchA kitta vandhu pArunga (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?9969-கமல-quot-ஹாஸ்யன்-quot)

venkkiram
10th August 2012, 10:24 AM
இந்தப் பாடல் காட்சி படமாக்களில் என்ன சிறப்பம்சங்கள்?

வரிகள் வரும் சில பல இடங்களில் ஸ்லோ மோஷனில் எடுக்கப்பட்டிருக்கிறது போல தோற்றம். அப்போ வேகமான தாளக்கட்டில் வாயசைத்து படமாக்கப்பட்டிருக்கிறதா? சரியாக பொருந்தியும் வந்திருக்கிறது ! உண்மையாகவே ஸ்லோ மொஷனா? இல்லை ஸ்லோ மோஷன் போல நடித்தார்களா? அடங்கொக்காமக்கா!

பாதிப் பாலை நாயகி அருந்த, மீதியைத்தான் கேட்கிறார் நாயகன் என நீட்ட, முத்தத்தில் சங்கமித்து நாயகனின் புறங்கை வழியே பால் வழிந்தோடும் காட்சி கவிதை.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jPmr1KaRLw&playnext=1&list=PLE65BAD3CDC27D9E6&feature=results_video

P_R
10th August 2012, 11:14 AM
Song recorded, played at 2X speed, acting lip-synching with that.

groucho070
10th August 2012, 11:54 AM
Yeah, Mani did that few times methinks. Gad, it must have sounded very silly. Imagine Raja, not knowing what's going on, walking in the set when they are shooting the scene..

joe
10th August 2012, 10:32 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/549531_10151033871293579_1714515506_n.jpg

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
11th August 2012, 11:59 PM
Intruu with Review Raja! REferences to kamal, here and there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEszj2a4nmo

kid-glove
12th August 2012, 12:16 AM
I am reasonably assured no brown guy with twice the critical insight as this braindead white guy would be given any attention by their media/filmmakers!

Bala (Karthik)
12th August 2012, 01:50 AM
Adhaane? References to Kamal-a??? Yov, enna Kubrick-a refer pannirukkaaru, ivanellaam oru poruttu nu...

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
12th August 2012, 04:08 AM
எல்லாத்துக்கும் தகுதி சட்டிபிகேட் மண்ணு எதிர்பார்க்கவேண்டியது இல்லை. Imho தான்!

Anban
12th August 2012, 11:09 AM
Adhaane? References to Kamal-a??? Yov, enna Kubrick-a refer pannirukkaaru, ivanellaam oru poruttu nu...

white skin and English craze

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
12th August 2012, 01:02 PM
white skin and English craze

exactly same craze what kamalji has on his hollywood project.

"Reference" ngra word use panrathukku qualification, permission, etc, by hub standard. innum ennellaamo thevai paduthu pola!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
12th August 2012, 01:03 PM
Hub Greats, Can any one, and everyone, if possible, can do a small paragraph/write-up about Kamal the Actor?!? It shud serve its purpose for someone who doesn't know kamal. It shud summarize the whole of him, the actor part completely. From his 1st to last best. I will tell the reason later.. but don't say no! Kindly take up and proceed :smile: One para, thats all!

Oru paya kandukkala polaye :(

what a response of india of tamil cinema! daanks actually to everybody :lol:

kid-glove
12th August 2012, 01:04 PM
Sakala thanks for the video, we are grateful for this archiving..

Anban
12th August 2012, 02:55 PM
exactly same craze what kamalji has on his hollywood project.

"Reference" ngra word use panrathukku qualification, permission, etc, by hub standard. innum ennellaamo thevai paduthu pola!

That applies to Anil kapoor , ifran khan etc .. not our lord ..

groucho070
13th August 2012, 08:06 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/549531_10151033871293579_1714515506_n.jpg

Lovely, thanks Joe.

VJerry
13th August 2012, 10:31 AM
When is Viswaroopam releasing?

Anban
13th August 2012, 12:53 PM

Nandri meeendum varuga :)

SoftSword
13th August 2012, 02:44 PM

ipdilaam naakka pudingikkira maadhiri naalu peru kelvi kaettadhaanya adanguveenga :lol:

vijeeshgovindhan
13th August 2012, 02:46 PM

most probably Sep end

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
13th August 2012, 05:22 PM
Neraya punksans attend panraapla nnu naamellaam thitrathu thalaivarukku therinjipoch! athaan silent aa Andhrala function attent panna poittaar

http://gallery.123telugu.com/content/slideshows/Events/S/Celebrities_at_Santosham_Awards/index.html

Celebrities at Santosham Awards

https://p.twimg.com/A0LFlORCMAEDQcV.jpg:large

Cinefan
13th August 2012, 06:31 PM
sakala,
All this is a new form of publicity-silent publicity.

He will not talk about his new film but he will make himself visible in the media so much that people will relate his face to the upcoming movie.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
13th August 2012, 06:37 PM
Irukkalaam, and I guess there are more ppl interedted in having him as a guest. Also, most times when he promotes new films, he mentions the 'real' link he had/has with the person(s) related the concerned movie. So, oru ecosystem aa thaan nadakkuthu!

Personally I am not against him attending punksans, padatha pathina entha info um varaathathu thaan kadupps!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
15th August 2012, 03:56 PM
We can take this as Thalaiver's Independence Day Wishes. Afterall this is the only day celebrated by ALL Indians of various states, religions, languages, economy

Vishwaroop ‏@vishwaroopfilm (http://www.orkut.co.in/Interstitial?u=https://twitter.com/vishwaroopfilm&t=ALI8fbHUvivpxdeakG_m7SgRRyu0FQLRARVF6BHPOhTLLepk cou6qJpV89btnA5JBcIcq4CgFTjFWubyjMexdr4Egu0z4qwcLw AAAAAAAAAA)
A country wit mny differnt roops.Roops of cultures,food,festivals,sports,people etc Happy Independence Day to a #Vishwaroop (http://www.orkut.co.in/Interstitial?u=https://twitter.com/search/?src%3Dhash%26q%3D%2523Vishwaroop&t=AMFsJ1VfwBqphnkW965Mx2Z0AD4Gtf6S3hVF6BHPOhTLLepk cou6qJpV89btnA5JBcIcq4CgFTjFWubyjMexdr4Egu0z4qwcLw AAAAAAAAAA) yet united India

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
15th August 2012, 04:22 PM
Ben Kingsley in Unnaipol... remake

It was recently revealed that Ulaganayagan Kamal Haasan would soon be making his Hollywood debut with the Lord of the Rings producer Barrie Osborne, who hopes to tell an Indian story in Hollywood style.Now, one hears that Kamal’s much acclaimed film Unnaipol Oruvan is being remade in English as A Common Man featuring Academy winner Ben Kingsley in the lead. Yet another noted British actor Ben Cross has also been roped in to reprise the role that Mohan Lal did in Tamil.Unnaipol…was originally made in Bollywood as A Wednesday, which was directed by Neeraj Pandey and starred Anupam Kher and Naseeruddin Shah in the lead. The thriller tells the story of a police commissioner who gets an anonymous call. The caller demands the release of militants in exchange for info about several bombs planted across the city.A Common Man is being directed by the Sri Lankan filmmaker Chandran Rutnam, who while adapting the original’s concept, has turned it around into a high suspense thriller. Kingsley’s character is a man pushed to his limits — who eventually resorts to violent means. While Shruti Haasan was credited with the music for the Tamil version, Rutnam has opted for K’town music composer Ramesh Vinayagam.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/channels/showbiz/kollywood/ben-kingsley-unnaipol-remake-349 (http://www.orkut.co.in/Interstitial?u=http://www.deccanchronicle.com/channels/showbiz/kollywood/ben-kingsley-unnaipol-remake-349&t=ANrNifcnKqpyr-2i2ruMVG_rU2m2nfj36BVF6BHPOhTLLepkcou6qJpV89btnA5J BcIcq4CgFTjFWubyjMexdr4Egu0z4qwcLwAAAAAAAAAA)

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
18th August 2012, 03:17 AM
Sirikka sila matter irukku, sinthikavum konjam irukku! Nemba kindal ellaam pannaama, silent aa paakkaNum enna?!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5FfZTz4hI4

tamizharasan
18th August 2012, 03:32 AM
After hearing the interview there is no doubt that he was the one who actually directed Guna and Mahanadhi. There is no way anyone else could have directed those movies.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
18th August 2012, 04:12 AM
Even if not that interview, its actually him who directed those movies! what doubt?! Of course, with Kamal's screenplay on hand, even you and me can direct!

SoftSword
18th August 2012, 04:37 PM
Even if not that interview, its actually him who directed those movies! what doubt?! Of course, with Kamal's screenplay on hand, even you and me can direct!

maamaa... naa'vaena padichu oru doctoravo ingineeraavo aagidavaa...

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
18th August 2012, 05:27 PM
pOli Engineernaa paravaalla thambi, naatla paral pEr athaan! pOli daatkaer aaneennaa pOlice varumEppaa!

SoftSword
19th August 2012, 06:08 AM
..naan poganum...
......yaen??
..yaenaa nee paitthiyam..
....appo yaen laddu kudtha??

indha madhiri oru dialogue'a vechu oru serious'aana scene pannungadaa paakkalaam...

SoftSword
19th August 2012, 06:25 AM
sathyam perusaa... sangili perusaa??

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
19th August 2012, 06:40 AM
காவியக்காதல்!

http://s1-04.twitpicproxy.com/photos/full/640145513.png?key=684462

app_engine
19th August 2012, 09:38 AM
SB,
:clap:

Interview paNNina ammaNi:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
19th August 2012, 10:24 PM
Kamal Haasan Speech at Prasad Film and Tv Academy Convocation

Excellent & Interesting Speech!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSqdu0bIWm8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qEIsAX3WUo

jaiganes
20th August 2012, 04:58 AM
hassan saar. seekiram padatha release pannittu, nadippukku muzhukku poattuttu english padamo, illai iranian padamo, direct pannunga saar
naangalum eththanai naal ippdi oru pan mozhi padam release aagumaa aagumaannu wait panradhu?
Celevritykku advice count # 1.

kid-glove
20th August 2012, 05:04 AM
Not much longer now. Only 18943 functions and speeches to deliver, then it's all set for release.

SoftSword
20th August 2012, 05:53 AM
SB,

Interview paNNina ammaNi:

atleast that interviewer was having some idea on what she is speaking about... but SB, seriously? never he was precise in what he was speaking....

app_engine
20th August 2012, 09:07 AM
never he was precise in what he was speaking
First of all, he has always been in my good books :-) (Every time I come across a "just-a-proxy-for-KH" comment, I try to defend him.)

Secondly, he did two things here - One, he put the TV fellows in their place. Two - while sticking to diplomacy (not totally trashing current movies), carefully held on to this 'nothing like us' stand.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
20th August 2012, 10:05 AM
One thing i liked in SB's speech is, "Innikku irukkura maathiri vilambaram pannura chance engalukku annikku irunthirunthaa, naanga innum nallaa, evvaLavo senjiruppom" Thats somewhat true when ppl didn't support movies like Guna, Mahanathi, those days but today says there were great movies. Ithu maathiri silathu!

But mostly he was either 'wandering' or repeating the same!

SoftSword
20th August 2012, 02:38 PM
app.. what i mean is, any normal person who knows a bit of tamil cinema could proxy the answers he gave for those questions...
avlo periya matter illa... free viduvom...

tamizharasan
20th August 2012, 10:14 PM
app.. what i mean is, any normal person who knows a bit of tamil cinema could proxy the answers he gave for those questions...
avlo periya matter illa... free viduvom...

I have to agree with app_engine here because according to him only TR has ghost directed movies. The interviewer did not have the ability to go into the details of Guna and Mahanadhi and that was the reason SB's answers were at the surface level. If the interviewer had gone deep he would have responded very well. As I said earlier after this interview I have come to a conclusion that Guna and Mahanadhi have to be SB's babies and there can't be any doubts about that. I hope kamal involves him in all his future movies story board discussion. This brings another possible fact that Hey Ram could be ghost directed by SB.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
20th August 2012, 10:40 PM
Naayagan, Thevar Magan laam vittutteengaLe

app_engine
20th August 2012, 10:44 PM
tamizharasan,
sarcasm apart, I don't remember telling that TR had someone ghost directing for him :roll:

Is it the other way around? That E M Ibrahim was only nAm-kE-vAstE for oru thalai rAgam while TR did the actual job? Yes, I did say that because my schoolmates from Mayavaram (mayilAdu thuRai) had frequented the shooting spots. Also, TR did claim so (which obviously KH does not do, for Singeetham & Santhana Bharathi are not what hubbers label them as).

app_engine
20th August 2012, 10:47 PM
Naayagan, Thevar Magan laam vittutteengaLe

Well, if you think MR & Bharathan are not worthy, then I'm definitely not worthy for this pandidharkaL discussion :-)

tamizharasan
20th August 2012, 10:56 PM
tamizharasan,
sarcasm apart, I don't remember telling that TR had someone ghost directing for him :roll:

Is it the other way around? That E M Ibrahim was only nAm-kE-vAstE for oru thalai rAgam while TR did the actual job? Yes, I did say that because my schoolmates from Mayavaram (mayilAdu thuRai) had frequented the shooting spots. Also, TR did claim so (which obviously KH does not do, for Singeetham & Santhana Bharathi are not what hubbers label them as).

My facts are based on the thing Kamal wrote screenplay for almost all of the movies where we think he could have ghost directed. From what I have learnt and known director loses some credibility if screenplays is done by somebody else. Because at that point in time it is all about how you execute the screenplay to make a movie. But I have read the screenplay of Kamal in Mahanadhi and the screenplay included everything including camera angles and positioning of camera. If that is the case we literally don't need a director other than start take. There is a big difference between Kamal and TR as far as the claim goes. Kamal would not claim because he was the one, who asked others to direct.

tamizharasan
20th August 2012, 10:59 PM
Well, if you think MR & Bharathan are not worthy, then I'm definitely not worthy for this pandidharkaL discussion :-)
Naayagan's credit can't be given to kamal as creator because the story was Mani's and screenplay was also his. But then MR was pretty new to that field so Kamal might have had some suggestion in the story board and nothing else. But Thevar magan, I really do not know all the details but after a fight Bharathan did ask Kamal to direct the climax scenes and he did not show up. But director's influence was definitely more in Thevar magan when compared with other movies where Kamal was the creator of the concept and screenplay.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
20th August 2012, 11:19 PM

btw, you forgot Sundar.C His contribution to Anbe Sivam is unforgettable. Unsung Hero he is, Cha! :(

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
20th August 2012, 11:27 PM
App, wrt to Kamal's ghost direction and he giving credit, for the movies he had written, its not necessary. Thevar Magan, Bharathan gave some some contribution but they are minor. Also, there is no way bharathan wud have been well versed with the operation of the Deep south Thevar community and their violence machinery. For Naayagan, not Kamal, but Mani himself had agreed many times that Kamal had enormously contributed to its script.

This interview, the beginning few minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fub3Txf_aKM

app_engine
20th August 2012, 11:51 PM
Also, there is no way bharathan wud have been well versed with the operation of the Deep south Thevar community and their violence machinery.

ada, ada...enna oru judgement :-)

Keep heaping more "praises" for all those hapless directors who did movies with KH! rasigar'nA ippadi allavA irukkanum!

BTW, did I ever say KH contributed nothing (other than acting) for those movies?

Well, Thamizharasan has brought in a "new spec / requirement" for a director - that he SHOULD HAVE penned the screenplay. Otherwise, he cannot be called director but fit only for the term jada iyakkunar.

innum mElE mElE sollunga, kEttukkaREn :-)

venkkiram
20th August 2012, 11:59 PM
இயக்கம் என்பது பாத்திரங்கள் எப்படி வசனங்களை ஏற்ற இறக்கத்துடன் நடிக்கணும் என்பதுடன் முடிந்து போய்டுமா?

app_engine
21st August 2012, 12:02 AM
இயக்கம் என்பது பாத்திரங்கள் எப்படி வசனங்களை ஏற்ற இறக்கத்துடன் நடிக்கணும் என்பதுடன் முடிந்து போய்டுமா?

இல்லை :-)

tamizharasan
21st August 2012, 12:05 AM
ada, ada...enna oru judgement :-)

Keep heaping more "praises" for all those hapless directors who did movies with KH! rasigar'nA ippadi allavA irukkanum!

BTW, did I ever say KH contributed nothing (other than acting) for those movies?

Well, Thamizharasan has brought in a "new spec / requirement" for a director - that he SHOULD HAVE penned the screenplay. Otherwise, he cannot be called director but fit only for the term jada iyakkunar.

innum mElE mElE sollunga, kEttukkaREn :-)
It is good to know that you translate everyone else writing in a way you want it. Did I say that it is must for director to write screenplay. Convenient translation. Anyway why don't you explain what is direction first and then we will talk about it. Because you always says SB is not a proxy then on what basis did you decide that from this movies. Atleast I had a chance to read Mahandhi's screenplay. I don't think any one else would have appreciated SB's interview except for you.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
21st August 2012, 12:06 AM

அதுவும் தேவை

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
21st August 2012, 12:08 AM

Intha ownership mode ai, naanga, Indian, VV pOnra padangalukku apply seyya maattOm!

app_engine
21st August 2012, 01:05 AM
Because you always says SB is not a proxy then on what basis did you decide that from this movies.

Two reasons :

1. SB had worked as assistant to the legendary Sridhar and then started with panneer pushpangaL which was good ; has also done other non-KH movies that were decent (one of them was actually produced by KH himself, kadamai kaNNiyam kattuppAdu)

2. IMO, as a true artist, KH himself won't want to take credit / debit for others' work, while being a whole-hearted team player. That's why SB is allowed to be in the title credits as director. (Not accepting / questioning that is same as questioning the honesty / integrity of KH).

Like MGR, KH involves in many aspects of the movie making - including music making for e.g.

Can we also call him "music director" for Guna, because we hear him call the shots in the cassette? (rAsA veRum tune pOttu & notation ezhudhi instrumentalistkaLai kai kAl Atta vaiththAr dhAnE?)

tamizharasan
21st August 2012, 01:09 AM
Two reasons :

1. SB had worked as assistant to the legendary Sridhar and then started with panneer pushpangaL which was good ; has also done other non-KH movies that were decent (one of them was actually produced by KH himself, kadamai kaNNiyam kattuppAdu)

2. IMO, as a true artist, KH himself won't want to take credit / debit for others' work, while being a whole-hearted team player. That's why SB is allowed to be in the title credits as director. (Not accepting / questioning that is same as questioning the honesty / integrity of KH).

Like MGR, KH involves in many aspects of the movie making - including music making for e.g.

Can we also call him "music director" for Guna, because we hear him call the shots in the cassette? (rAsA veRum tune pOttu & notation ezhudhi instrumentalistkaLai kai kAl Atta vaiththAr dhAnE?)

Very sound arguments. Nothing to discuss.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
21st August 2012, 01:16 AM
App, neenga kooda crappy arguments post pannuveengannu therinjikitten :lol:

Kadamai Kanniyam Kattuppaadi is a mallu remake. Other 2 films SB did, which icould recall, both are Prabhu films. One is Viyatnaam Veedu and another one is a Koodu vittu Koodu paayum story. Both had backing from crazy mohan dialogs. Both had Goundamani too. The point is, the general public never spoke anything high about his works.

Ur guna analogy, did KH compose tune?!? Involve aanaarunnu solreengaLe, did KH ask Raja to sit aside and took over the harmonium?!? KH involve in many areas, but he dont take over those areas. He will tell the requirement. THen he may ask for corrections/suggestions/modifications. Ithai, ippa uLLA pala directors kooda seyurathu thaane industry norm?

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
21st August 2012, 01:21 AM
KH's contribution to most of his movies is humongues, excessive. Athu ungalukku ஏற்ப்புடையதா இல்லை ங்குறதுக்காக, குறைச்சிக்க முடியாது, மத்தவங்க அந்த வேலையை செஞ்சதாக க்ரெடிட்டை ட்ரன்ஸ்ஃப்ர் பண்ண முடியாது.

app_engine
21st August 2012, 01:29 AM
KH's contribution to most of his movies is humongues, excessive. Athu ungalukku ஏற்ப்புடையதா இல்லை ங்குறதுக்காக, குறைச்சிக்க முடியாது, மத்தவங்க அந்த வேலையை செஞ்சதாக க்ரெடிட்டை ட்ரன்ஸ்ஃப்ர் பண்ண முடியாது.

Did I transfer the credits? Wasn't it your idol who called him director?

Please go question him - why question me? :confused2: I'm only trying to justify what KH has awarded to SB :-)

(BTW, remake / copy / etc are applicable to many star directors too. pAvam SB - avar avvaLavu periya fish illai :-) Also, from a 1980 POV, panneer pushpangaL is phenomenal)

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
21st August 2012, 01:39 AM
See, what did SB contribute on his own, without kamal, was my question. If you say Panneer pushpangal was great, i have no issues. In fact , i can only feel happy that one of KH's friend is also doing good. But that doesn't mean that he has ownership for movies like Guna, Mahanadhi etc. The word dummy may sound rude and one may wonder why the heck should kamal use near-proxies. All that could be said, but NO Credit Transfer, even if he is named as Director. The points you and TA made are in applicable and false ones. Thassaal.

SoftSword
21st August 2012, 01:49 AM
if u guys give a title for the point u speak for/against, it would be easy to understand who is on which side...

ta,
andha screenplayku edhuna link irundhaa kudunga... naangalum padikkirom...

tamizharasan
21st August 2012, 01:52 AM
if u guys give a title for the point u speak for/against, it would be easy to understand who is on which side...

ta,
andha screenplayku edhuna link irundhaa kudunga... naangalum padikkirom...

It was not definitely on the internet. Somewhere else may be a magazine or book itself. It has been several years. Anyway if I come across that I will definitely let you know though. Kamal's screenplay was very very elaborative and hardly gives anything for creativity of director.
Above all it is a common sense to me.

app_engine
21st August 2012, 01:54 AM
ok SKV, you seem to have a lot of insider information about SB's (non)contribution to mahAnadhi & gunA.

So much so that you don't agree with even KH (who adjudged that SB should be so credited).

Kamalai vidavE ungaLukku SB paththi neRaya therinjirukku :thumbsup:

app_engine
21st August 2012, 02:00 AM

:confused2:

I don't think there's any lack of clarity.

Well, anyways, let me only clarify my stand :

-Defending SB, whom I consider decent material and confident that he did "enough" to be called as a director for the movies that credit him so. Regardless of how much input he got from Kamal and other sources.

SoftSword
21st August 2012, 02:08 AM
got u app... u r talkin for sb, sakala for kh, i am still confused with ta... few days back he said he is convinced that sb did mahanadhi and guna... today he says kamal has written the screenplay so elaborate for mahanadhi like even camera angles, which means sb had very less to contribute... ta, pls explain... nandhaan sariya purinjukkalayaa?

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
21st August 2012, 02:14 AM
Movies like Pesum Padam, movies where Singeetham srinivas involved, we can consider he is not dummy and may be some extra contribution. Similarly, Ananthu too wud have some contribution. No doubt that even with them, the majority is from Kamal only. Both are pet friends of Kamal, Both os them contributed/shared thier experience to Kamal and also proudly looking at the greater contributions of kamal!

But the same cannot be said about Santhanabarathi, KS Ravikumar & Sundar.C

tamizharasan
21st August 2012, 02:16 AM
Movies like Pesum Padam, movies where Singeetham srinivas involved, we can consider he is not dummy and may be some extra contribution. Similarly, Ananthu too wud have some contribution. No doubt that even with them, the majority is from Kamal only. Both are pet friends of Kamal, Both os them contributed/shared thier experience to Kamal and also proudly looking at the greater contributions of kamal!

But the same cannot be said about Santhanabarathi, KS Ravikumar & Sundar.C

I disagree with KS Ravikumar though. KSR movies had his commercial stamps with lot of compromises in that movie and that was the exact reason Kamal asks KSR to direct his movies.

tamizharasan
21st August 2012, 02:18 AM
got u app... u r talkin for sb, sakala for kh, i am still confused with ta... few days back he said he is convinced that sb did mahanadhi and guna... today he says kamal has written the screenplay so elaborate for mahanadhi like even camera angles, which means sb had very less to contribute... ta, pls explain... nandhaan sariya purinjukkalayaa?
I myself confused whom I am supporting. check your PM.

app_engine
21st August 2012, 02:21 AM
movies where Singeetham srinivas involved, we can consider he is not dummy and may be some extra contribution.

உங்களுக்கு ரொம்ப தாராள மனசுங்க :-)

tamizharasan
21st August 2012, 02:31 AM
உங்களுக்கு ரொம்ப தாராள மனசுங்க :-)
athaanE. KamalE director ivarthAnnu sonnathukku appuRam enna pechchungurEn. oththukkittu poga vEndiyathuthanE.

tamizharasan
21st August 2012, 02:32 AM
:confused2:

I don't think there's any lack of clarity.

Well, anyways, let me only clarify my stand :

-Defending SB, whom I consider decent material and confident that he did "enough" to be called as a director for the movies that credit him so. Regardless of how much input he got from Kamal and other sources.

I agree and panneer pushpangal is very good example to get credit.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
21st August 2012, 02:37 AM
I disagree with KS Ravikumar though. KSR movies had his commercial stamps with lot of compromises in that movie and that was the exact reason Kamal asks KSR to direct his movies.

They are surely minimal. And some areas kamal himself will give free hand. Like, choosing artists. You can see the KSR regualars in his Kamal combos.

In Dasa, he suggested the final song. But again, its design, content etc kamal's ideation is visible. Many think that the rape scene was there becos its KSR brand. Thats a wrong thought. There are KSR films without rape scenes, too :lol2:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
21st August 2012, 02:38 AM
athaanE. KamalE director ivarthAnnu sonnathukku appuRam enna pechchungurEn. oththukkittu poga vEndiyathuthanE.

உங்களுக்கு ரொம்ப தாராள மனசுங்க :smile:

Inthaalu enna reason kaagavo pala naaLaa dummy directors use pannappoga, kadaisila, naanga bathil solla vendiyirukku. cha!

app_engine
21st August 2012, 02:40 AM
For those who are not as dhArALam as SKV, some facts about Singeetham (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singeetam_Srinivasa_Rao) :

-He was born in 1931 (now 81) ; so, not "pet friend" but pretty senior to KH
-He won NA for a TF in 1974, years before KH became a mainstream hero (dhikkaRRa pArvathi based on Rajaji's story, *-ing Srikanth / Lakshmi)
-Of course majority of his works in TF had Kamal but he had achieved enough elsewhere without him (e.g. "mayoori" featuring the prosthetic legged dancer Sudha Chandran)

BTW, I don't think Ananthu had directed KH...(could be his buddy / wrote for the movies etc but never directed him IIRC).

Unlike SKV's attempt to not include SB, per that interview, he is also another buddy ("pet friend") to KH for 40 years or so.

Accordingly, Kamal values him. While HCKHF's don't care for him, may be because they feel KH should get 100% credit for what they consider as two of his best-ever films and that this SB fellow has "robbed" him of that.

Unfortunately, KH himself doesn't think so and there ends the story.

tamizharasan
21st August 2012, 02:41 AM
Inthaalu enna reason kaagavo pala naaLaa dummy directors use pannappoga, kadaisila, naanga bathil solla vendiyirukku. cha!
this is what TR would have said in response to your post.

ungalukku venumnA ivanga Dummy.
Ana ivanga thAn en Attathukka kidaichcha muthal Rummy.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
21st August 2012, 02:43 AM
KSR made tenaali story for Rajini. But kamal took it and made his own. Ithu ellaam already well discussed in kamal threads. As fans, audience, kaila kedaikkura ovvoru bit news um vechi, credits ai evvalavu deep aa pirikka mudiyumO, avvalavu clean aa pirichi koduthirukkom. But in this case, ivanga kitta, enga nermaiyai kaattura alavu worth illai. KamalE sonnaupram enna pechu vendi kidakku" nnu solravanga kitta ennatha pesa mudiyum?!? :huh:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
21st August 2012, 02:47 AM
Naan solrathai kekkura levella app_engine illai! So let me put it this way! After some point, whatever movies SB and Singheetham made without kamal, most of them actually had some influences fromthe kamal ones! Though not strictly limited to the movies where they did combo, but non-combo movies too! Egampul for SB already given. For Singheetham, that Jyothika movie where hero will become miniature!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
21st August 2012, 02:50 AM
Accordingly, Kamal values him. While HCKHF's don't care for him, may be because they feel KH should get 100% credit for what they consider as two of his best-ever films and that this SB fellow has "robbed" him of that.

Unfortunately, KH himself doesn't think so and there ends the story.

Ithellaam eppdinga sirikkaama post panna mudiyuhtu?!? Great, nga!

tamizharasan
21st August 2012, 02:51 AM
Naan solrathai kekkura levella app_engine illai! So let me put it this way! After some point, whatever movies SB and Singheetham made without kamal, most of them actually had some influences fromthe kamal ones! Though not strictly limited to the movies where they did combo, but non-combo movies too! Egampul for SB already given. For Singheetham, that Jyothika movie where hero will become miniature!
Another proof is in Panneer Pushpangal all the characters wore cotton based dresses. And based on that cotton they formed the discussion between kamal and doctor in Guna where Kamal tries to blow the cotton up and proved that he is different and normal gravity does not work to him. These kind of deep thoughts only SB possible.

tamizharasan
21st August 2012, 02:53 AM
Ithellaam eppdinga sirikkaama post panna mudiyuhtu?!? Great, nga!

Now you are getting personal with app.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
21st August 2012, 02:53 AM
Hub ukku regular aa varavendiyavanga athigamaa varrathillai
Thideernu varra silar(and those with agenda(note pannittu thaan irukkom saar :lol2: )

shabbaa!

tamizharasan
21st August 2012, 03:00 AM
Hub ukku regular aa varavendiyavanga athigamaa varrathillai
Thideernu varra silar(and those with agenda(note pannittu thaan irukkom saar :lol2: )

shabbaa!

We can discuss ever on this topic and we will never come to conclusion on who directed those movies. So we should give benefit of doubt to what was shown on the title card. Agree?

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
21st August 2012, 03:16 AM
TA - frabu
App - Annan
Me - Thambi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXFtTTT4c2M

irir123
21st August 2012, 07:10 AM
SKV and others - my take on this: Kamal's inputs prior to 1987 were mostly in the form making a director's job totally easy, by giving far more than what they wanted from him as an actor

He evolved gradually until 1987 and rapidly after Nayagan, with his inputs technically, script-wise increasing manifold times thereafter - thats why his films with Singeetham or SB took a different light thereafter - Singeetham made 'Aditya 369' in 1991-92 in telugu - a fantasy film, which was nowhere near any of the films he did with Kamal! Kamal did make a huge difference!

Kamal simply meruketrufied / enhances the natural abilities of Singeetham or SB, post 1987 - the same goes for Suresh Krishna (Sathya, Indran Chandran, Abhay - all of which had kamal penning either the screenplay, or, giving inputs in other departments such as music etc) - there was one more guy GB Vijay who directed 'Kalaignan' - obvious it was kamal's film all the way with GBV doing maybe some 'edubidi' work!

i think in case of SB, or, SK, or, Singeetham, or Bharathan - Kamal's scripting plus Kamal either directing them to direct - "listen, this is how i want it to be; how can we add to the aesthetic of the final product ? i leave it to you to handle that - just make sure that it meets my vision" - and persuading them to get what he wanted

Cinemarasigan
21st August 2012, 03:02 PM
SKV and others - my take on this: Kamal's inputs prior to 1987 were mostly in the form making a director's job totally easy, by giving far more than what they wanted from him as an actor

He evolved gradually until 1987 and rapidly after Nayagan, with his inputs technically, script-wise increasing manifold times thereafter - thats why his films with Singeetham or SB took a different light thereafter - Singeetham made 'Aditya 369' in 1991-92 in telugu - a fantasy film, which was nowhere near any of the films he did with Kamal! Kamal did make a huge difference!

Kamal simply meruketrufied / enhances the natural abilities of Singeetham or SB, post 1987 - the same goes for Suresh Krishna (Sathya, Indran Chandran, Abhay - all of which had kamal penning either the screenplay, or, giving inputs in other departments such as music etc) - there was one more guy GB Vijay who directed 'Kalaignan' - obvious it was kamal's film all the way with GBV doing maybe some 'edubidi' work!

i think in case of SB, or, SK, or, Singeetham, or Bharathan - Kamal's scripting plus Kamal either directing them to direct - "listen, this is how i want it to be; how can we add to the aesthetic of the final product ? i leave it to you to handle that - just make sure that it meets my vision" - and persuading them to get what he wanted

GB Vijay's first movie "NaaLaiya Seithi" was better than Kalaignan.. I think Kamal had given free hand to GB Vijay..

P_R
21st August 2012, 03:46 PM
Kalaignan doesn't feel like a Kamal movie at all.Even his acting is quite shoddy.
Vijay's movie naaLaiya seidhi is quite underrated.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
21st August 2012, 05:46 PM
A song Raja composed for Marudhanayagam! Audio quality is sumaar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avvPijSTehs

Bala (Karthik)
21st August 2012, 06:17 PM
app_engine
I've heard from a couple of people that SB's contribution was minimal. Samosa saapidum level (maybe an exaggeration but that was the drift). Obviously, you don't have to buy that. However, the product itself should give you a good indication, right? Kamal's signature as compared with SB's other ventures before and after. Plus, Kamal "crediting" SB doesn't change much in this argument one way or another, does it? What does "credit" here mean? And would you actually expect Kamal not to credit the director here :lol: ? Above all, you've obviously heard the Guna tape (may be staged, still...) and the famous "adhu, oru karuthu".

BTW, where does the writing vs directing debate between KG/PR stand now?

Bala (Karthik)
21st August 2012, 06:19 PM
Sahala
Mikka nandri for the updated on the Raaja conneksan program, especially for the Marudh video. Will check out the video later. Unga karuthu on this?

P_R
21st August 2012, 06:28 PM
BTW, where does the writing vs directing debate between KG/PR stand now?
whoy yA? :lol:

My definition of 'all encompassing writing' is theoretical and does not exist in the real world-nu mudivu aagi samaadhaanamA pOyi, aNNan thambiyA vaazhndhukittu irukkOm.

Anyway, question does not apply to Kamal, as he actively directs and creates the cinematic moments.

As you said - title card means nothing. Judge by comparative statics - keep everything else the same in that group and remu Kamal. Most useful yardstick.

Bala (Karthik)
21st August 2012, 06:28 PM
Sahala
Mikka nandri for the updated on the Raaja conneksan program, especially for the Marudh video. Will check out the video later. Unga karuthu on this?

thank you Kamesh.

marudhanayagam song was great.. sounds like a siddhar type song Raja sir composed earlier like

Singara seemaiyile (Marudhu Pandi)
Kadha kelu (Karimettu karuvayan)
kadha kelu (Michal madhana kamarajan)
Appanendrum (Guna)
etc etc..

Sidhar song from Raaja = Sure Win

Bala (Karthik)
21st August 2012, 06:35 PM
whoy yA? :lol:
My definition of 'all encompassing writing' is theoretical and does not exist in the real world-nu mudivu aagi samaadhaanamA pOyi, aNNan thambiyA vaazhndhukittu irukkOm.

Inga discuss pannadhungala, illa twitter liya? :oops: Sramam illenna link edacham kudukka mudiyumaannu paarunga

SoftSword
21st August 2012, 06:36 PM
panakkaran - maratthavechavan song sidhar vagaila seradha?

Bala (Karthik)
21st August 2012, 06:38 PM
panakkaran - maratthavechavan song sidhar vagaila seradha?
:oops: Actually enakkum indha kostin irukku, whats the actual definition of sithar songs. "Pichai Paathiram" of this type? Romba idhuva sithar songs statement adichutten. "Maratha vechavan" aligns with my vision/sound of sidhar songs and is exactly the kind i'm talking about

P_R
21st August 2012, 06:42 PM
Inga discuss pannadhungala, illa twitter liya? :oops: Sramam illenna link edacham kudukka mudiyumaannu paarunga
I think it was with equar and k_g somewhere here only. thEdippArkkuREn.

Even though it is settled, every now and then, I make it a point to shout 'writing is first because it happens first' in their general direction and disappear.

SoftSword
21st August 2012, 06:43 PM
flausafical... shoulder'la thappattai vechu thattikittae olagatthula pOdra ovvoru noball'kum commentry kudukradhu...

P_R
21st August 2012, 06:43 PM
sidhdhar songs-na rhythm vONAvA?
General philosophy, mood ellAm pArththA ekkachekkam irukkumE... thaayuNdu thandhai uNdu petRor illE etc.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
21st August 2012, 06:49 PM
Bala, Song sounded good. I guess its not final version or so. (I didn't attend the program! but got to know all the micro movements happened there. And also came to know about Raja's new website http://www.ilayathalam.com/

Am irritated to the core, they are diluting the Genius! (Both the Be With me Event and the website!)

jaiganes
21st August 2012, 06:54 PM
Two reasons :

KKK unseletted - original malayalam "Balaram" deserved the credit and KH missed the bus when he decided to do the movie with truth king instead of Mamookka.

app_engine
21st August 2012, 08:25 PM
original malayalam "Balaram" deserved the credit

wiki says 'AvanAzhi' (was the Mammootty character called Balram in that movie too?).

BTW, I quit defending SBharathi (or SingSRao) in the hub :-)

Plum
21st August 2012, 11:01 PM
App - nidhAnam. I understand your paasam for SB. But how does panner pushpangaL justify giving credit to SB for Gunaa? adhu endha ball park, idhu endha ball park? Creative Vision apdinnu PArthA what is SB's level? adhai edhai vechu edai pODaRadhu? Non Kamal movies of SB right? What does that tell us? Barring KKK, again with Kamal as producer and not inconceivable creative contribution to the project, what can you claim for the artistic vision of SB?
I remember - Chinna Mappillail, En Thamiz En MakkaL(NT rasigan nAnE solREnga, kOdi roobai koduthAlum pArthu tholaichudAdhInga), Chinna Vadhyar(idhu SingethamO?). sari Paneer Pushpangal - but what aesthetic in Paneer P makes you think SB's creative vision can give us Gunaa?

Singetham on the other hand I ahve a lot of respect for his creative vision. But still, his best works are with Kamal. Apple soos directornu solla mudiyAdhu.

paasam vERU, kadamai vERu - ungaLukku theriyAdhadhillai :)

Plum
21st August 2012, 11:02 PM
Singeetham's first movie with Kamal was Sommakkodidhi Sokkokkadidhi(Iru nilavugal in tamil I think - the one with the anandam adhu ennada song). Quie enjoyable - and I would probably give full credit to SSR for that. No signs of serious input from Kamal in a light film, that is, in some ways, a precursor to the screenplay contrivances of MMKR. So, one can imagine SSR's contribution to MMKR must have been quite solid.

Singeetham >>>>> Santhana Barathy (sadly, despite his Panner Pushpangal and Raja association, app.)

venkkiram
21st August 2012, 11:14 PM
As you said - title card means nothing. Judge by comparative statics - ஆவணங்களையே எதிர்காலம் நம்பும். இப்போது நாம்(பெரும்பாலோர்) எப்படி பழங்கால ஆவணங்களை நம்பியே ஜல்லியடிக்கிரோமோ அது போல.

டைட்டில் கார்டு - அதையொட்டிய விருதுகள் இதெல்லாம் கமல் பினாமயாய் செயல்படும் படங்களுக்கு கிடைக்காமல் போகிறது என்ற ஆதங்கம் எனக்குண்டு.

உதாரணம் - தசாவராதம் - கே.எஸ்.ரவிக்குமார்.

Bala (Karthik)
21st August 2012, 11:22 PM
Yes Plum. BTW, I fell in love with that title Somakodidhi soppakodidhi (correcta) ever since I heard that. With SSR, it was more of a collaborative effort. Not sure why app clubs SSR with SB

Venki
Guna/Mahanadhi:SB != Dasa:KSR

SB is the classic benami. Can you compare Guna, Hey Ram, Mahanadhi, TM, Virumaandi, Pushpak with any of the KSR films? What does that tell you?

Bala (Karthik)
21st August 2012, 11:30 PM
MMA stands out in the Kamal/KSR ouvre. The Kamal KSR ouvre itself is different from KSR's other works obviously

P_R
21st August 2012, 11:33 PM
வருங்காலத்துக்கு ஒண்ணும் தெரியாது. அவங்க நம்புவாங்க சரி. அதுக்காக நீங்களும் 'அன்பே சிவம்' எடுத்தது சுந்தர்.சி 'னு நம்பியே தீருவேன்னு அடம் புடிச்சீங்கன்னா என்ன சொல்றது.

venkkiram
21st August 2012, 11:33 PM
Venki
Guna/Mahanadhi:SB != Dasa:KSR
Agree-nga. I never rated SB a good director.

SB is the classic benami. Can you compare Guna, Hey Ram, Mahanadhi, Virumaandi, Pushpak with any of the KSR films? What does that tell you? Everyone agree KSR movies not up to the level of above. But a movie like Dasa, I think his directorial contributions must be appreciated by everyone.

P_R
21st August 2012, 11:34 PM
SB was astend director in Hey Ram. uNmaiyila avar dhaan direct paNNaaraam

Bala (Karthik)
21st August 2012, 11:43 PM
Agree-nga. I never rated SB a good director.

Everyone agree KSR movies not up to the level of above. But a movie like Dasa, I think his directorial contributions must be appreciated by everyone.
Venki
I was not talking about the direction being good or bad. Adhu Vera vishayam. I'm saying Kamal-SB association was more of a benami equation.
As for your line above for KSR that's precisely my point. Dasa had KSR's presence. It had certain elements of a typical Kamal/KSR movie (hence MMA is not a typical KH-KSR movie) whereas there is no "typical" Kamal-SB movie because those were *Kamal* movies

tamizharasan
21st August 2012, 11:51 PM
SB was astend director in Hey Ram. uNmaiyila avar dhaan direct paNNaaraam

ithaiyE thAn nAnum sonnEn Ana ennaiya ellam paiththiyamnu sollittAnga.

HonestRaj
22nd August 2012, 12:06 AM
ithaiyE thAn nAnum sonnEn Ana ennaiya ellam paiththiyamnu sollittAnga.

vidunga boss.. idhukkellam kovichukkalaama

tamizharasan
22nd August 2012, 12:13 AM
vidunga boss.. idhukkellam kovichukkalaama

athAna. idhukkellAm kovichchA vAzhkka nadaththa mudiyumA.

app_engine
22nd August 2012, 01:05 AM
App - nidhAnam.
paasam vERU, kadamai vERu - ungaLukku theriyAdhadhillai :)

I feel guilty for indirectly contributing to the bashing of these guys. mundhA nALE pEsAma irundhirukkaNum :oops:

At least iniyAvadhu thavirppadhu udambukku nalladhu (ennaichchonnEn) :-)

SoftSword
22nd August 2012, 02:42 AM
innumaayaa ittha pesittu irukkeenga... poyi pullakkuttiyala padikkaingayya..

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
22nd August 2012, 02:52 AM
app_engine, at 1st place, have u seen ALL of the Kamal+KSR, Kamal+SB and Kamal+SRR movies? And did you absorb the intricacies the writer weaved in those films?You were never in that dialog with us, where most of us were discussing stuff which are purely Kamal-Stamped! Good that you understood now :)

Eppadi IR+SPB pathi ungakitta naanga pEsa mudiyaatho athumaathiri ithuvum! Ulla vanga, aanaa ithu enga area!! EngalOda mingle aagura varaikum ungalukku uniform kudukkamaattom! :D

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
22nd August 2012, 08:12 AM
Dude Thamizha Tea & T-Shirt Shop in City Centre, Chennai!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO76jrcsGdg

My fav t-Shirt below! There r other t shirts with Annan and Raja references too :)

https://s1-04.twitpicproxy.com/photos/full/642111074.png?key=1045585

irir123
22nd August 2012, 10:54 AM
the thevar magan script, with the principal characters Shakthi (Kamal) vs Mayan (Nasser) with an oblique reference to Indian mysticism - Shakthi as the supreme spiritual force that vanquishes the twin evils of Maaya and Kaala, both of which are responsible for the continuous cycle of birth and death, while Shakthi that can be realized through sadhana (meditation) and all kinds of yogas - leading to salvation (escape from pirappu and irappu cycle) - this outrageously brilliant subtext in the script involving Shakthi vs Maayan is central to the movies soul! all kudos to Kamal - intha aalu naathigamgara politically correct porvaikkulla olinjukinu, ellaathayam padicchu karachhi kudicchu, intha maadiri padathhula nice aa sollama solli escape aagividugiraar! Shakthi tells Panchavarnam (isnt that Revathys character name ?) father "aiyya, yenakku maayana madhiri soozhchiyellaam theriyadhu " - aye aye Kamalji!

With such a script, a seasoned director like Bharathan would have simply sleepwalked through!

Cinemarasigan
22nd August 2012, 10:56 AM
This T- Shirt is nice. Sakala, Is there any link where we can order this?

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
22nd August 2012, 11:52 AM
CR, no idea dude! koogiL pannippaarunga!

irir, ur analogy, Maaya vs Sakthi is agreeable but religion/spirituality/aathigam nu pOneengannaa, agreed that Maayan does all kind of soozhchi but that force/sakthi doeas Sakthivel uses against? He is just trying to be honest and not only that, he keeps on expressing "Why this kolaveri yaa?!? C'mon you are my Annan" attitude which is actually friendly! Moreover, while Maayan does destructive soozhchi, Sakthi too does some soozhchi/planning to safegaurd his ppl. The very idea of secretly meeting Sellayaa, Father of Panjavarnam and convincing him to politically change his camp, along with agreeing for Panchavarnam to marry someone in kamal's camp, all this somewhat secretive till marriage.

Eppadi paarthaalum, Mythology link kudukka mudiyathu. May be Natural Forces nnu sollalaam. Like P_R found out the subtext of PanjaboothangaL in this film!

sharav
22nd August 2012, 12:07 PM
A song Raja composed for Marudhanayagam! Audio quality is sumaar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avvPijSTehs

Nalla than irukki..... Konjam "Poovar Senni Mannan" from Thiruvaasakam thaakam irundha maathiri theriyuthu. (A little bit from "Un Kuthama, Yen Kuthama" as well)

irir123
22nd August 2012, 08:23 PM
CR, no idea dude! koogiL pannippaarunga!

irir, ur analogy, Maaya vs Sakthi is agreeable but religion/spirituality/aathigam nu pOneengannaa, agreed that Maayan does all kind of soozhchi but that force/sakthi doeas Sakthivel uses against? He is just trying to be honest and not only that, he keeps on expressing "Why this kolaveri yaa?!? C'mon you are my Annan" attitude which is actually friendly! Moreover, while Maayan does destructive soozhchi, Sakthi too does some soozhchi/planning to safegaurd his ppl. The very idea of secretly meeting Sellayaa, Father of Panjavarnam and convincing him to politically change his camp, along with agreeing for Panchavarnam to marry someone in kamal's camp, all this somewhat secretive till marriage.

Eppadi paarthaalum, Mythology link kudukka mudiyathu. May be Natural Forces nnu sollalaam. Like P_R found out the subtext of PanjaboothangaL in this film!

mythology link not fossiple, agreed! it happens only if IR sings 'annanin uravai azhitthida thunindhaan, SAGUNIyai pol oru sadhi seidhaan' in MMKR's title song 'kadha kelu' - even that is a reference to a legendary story that ppl cud easily identify with! even references to Abhiramy/ bhakthi in Guna is something ppl could easily identify with a la 'yeppadi oru bhakthanukku abhiramiyin mel oru patru irukkumo, adhu madhiri, manidhargal purindhu kolla mudiyaadha punidhamaana yang lavers lovessu' (in Gounds style) - only coz IR is part of the team, all these references get an added extra spiritual dimension, perhaps!!

kamal aanmeegathhaiye vera madhiri paakkuraar - eppadi paarthaalum, nammala madhiri aatkala indha madhiri alasa vakkaraar!

Plum
22nd August 2012, 09:56 PM
I feel guilty for indirectly contributing to the bashing of these guys. mundhA nALE pEsAma irundhirukkaNum :oops:

At least iniyAvadhu thavirppadhu udambukku nalladhu (ennaichchonnEn) :-)

App - idhu enna? ennamO inga fanslAm sErndhu ungaLaiyO Sb-aiyO bash paNNinA mAdhiriyE pEsuRInga? :shock:

nAn enna sonNEn? oru roobaikku rendu pazham...sorry wront number, nAn enna sonnEn?

App - nidhAnam. I understand your paasam for SB. But how does panner pushpangaL justify giving credit to SB for Gunaa? adhu endha ball park, idhu endha ball park? Creative Vision apdinnu PArthA what is SB's level? adhai edhai vechu edai pODaRadhu? Non Kamal movies of SB right? What does that tell us? Barring KKK, again with Kamal as producer and not inconceivable creative contribution to the project, what can you claim for the artistic vision of SB?
I remember - Chinna Mappillail, En Thamiz En MakkaL(NT rasigan nAnE solREnga, kOdi roobai koduthAlum pArthu tholaichudAdhInga), Chinna Vadhyar(idhu SingethamO?). sari Paneer Pushpangal - but what aesthetic in Paneer P makes you think SB's creative vision can give us Gunaa?

Singetham on the other hand I ahve a lot of respect for his creative vision. But still, his best works are with Kamal. Apple soos directornu solla mudiyAdhu.

paasam vERU, kadamai vERu - ungaLukku theriyAdhadhillai

idhula naduvula irundha meat-ai eduthuttu ipdi quote paNdrInga:

App - nidhAnam. I understand your paasam for SB.
paasam vERU, kadamai vERu - ungaLukku theriyAdhadhillai

naduvula evLO matter solli irukkEn? evLo pakkuvamA solli irukKEn? apdiyE loosela vittuttu ennamO nAn bash paNNinA mAdhiri quote paNNi :bye: sonnA enna arththam?

ingE ellOrumE vinayamA dhAnE sonNAnga? Why react like fans koodi bash paNNA mAdhiri?

I dont underswtand your reaction at all!

Plum
22nd August 2012, 10:02 PM
maRubadiyum kEkkaREn. Your logic seems to be "Santhanabarathy did a decent Panneer Pushpanal so I can believe he did Gunaa also himself. "

eppadi? How do you take this leap of faith? Granted PP is a decent film. But adhOda sensibility enna? Gunaavoda sensibility enna? adhoda creative vision enna? Gunavoda creative vision enna?

ipdi motta thalaikkum muzhangalukkum mudichu pOttuttu nIngaLE oru strawman create paNNi adhai odaichuttu tata sonNA epdingaREn?

I just dont understand this.
Also, you are bracketing SSR with SB. idhuvum strawman. As I observer, SSR's creative inputs are far more visible - I am quoting this with logic in the sense that one of SSR's previous films where he is likely to have had more creative control had screeenplay contrivances seen in MMKR. I have seen him talking in Telugu about his movies and his creative vision and I believe there is sufficient material there to show his inputs.

Santhanabarathyin indha interviewvaiyo vERa endha interviewvaiyO alladhu padaippayO vechu Gunaa-vai avarOda Creative VisionA epdi solRInga?

Plum
22nd August 2012, 10:04 PM
fell in love with that title Somakodidhi soppakodidhi (correcta) ever since I heard that. With SSR, it was more of a collaborative effort. Not sure why app clubs SSR with SB

"SommokkaDidhi sOkkokkadidhi."
Interesting title considering the double role, which is unusually treated - a precursor to MMKR in that way.
It means "Soththu oruthanOdadhu, anubhavikkiravan innoruthan".

app_engine
22nd August 2012, 10:07 PM
Plum,
Sorry if I sounded unclear :oops:

In my case, "not getting perturbed over trivial things is healthy"nnu mean paNNinEn (never meant others bashing me).

OTOH, my careless appreciation of that video - reNdE reNdu claps pOttEn, aththOda vidAmal discussion vERa paNNinEn, that's why guilt feeling. Please go to a few pages back that had led to the definite trashing of SB & Singeetham. (dummy, samosa, bakkoda etc)

pAvam ennAl avangaLukku edhukku adi kidaikkaNum?

app_engine
22nd August 2012, 10:09 PM
BTW, SSR-SB club paNNinadhu nAn illainga...

Please ask SKV :-)

Plum
22nd August 2012, 10:17 PM
App - ok I dont want to answer for Sakal. Coming back to the point in discussion, ivLO veLakkamA "Why SB couldnt have visualised Gunaa or made Guna except as an Astend directornu" veLakkamA solli irukkOm. idhukku badhil "i want to be healthy. So bye" dhAnA?

Gunaa audio cassetlEyE avaru contribution theLivA theriyunga "Abirami ladiesku pudicha title", "adhu oru karuththu" ellAm weld-famous dhAnE?

Bala (Karthik)
22nd August 2012, 10:33 PM
Ayyo App! Samosa eating was literally what a friend told me (sets of the film). Adhe sentence la exaggeration-a irukkalaam-num sonnene. Seri, appadiye irundhaalum I don't understand your stance at all. Proxy (dummy bad word na vonaam) illa nu innum aanithanama nambareenga. Serious-a ve avar ungalukku vendiyavaro-nu doubt irukku

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
22nd August 2012, 10:43 PM
Clubbing done on basis that both did proxy, thats all. Mathapadi i never said SB is as talented as SSR. SB kkum talent irukku aanaa athu vera!

app_engine
22nd August 2012, 11:03 PM
Plum,

The basic problem is I'm no connoisseur of movies but a typical "thuNukku follower" kind of guy. So, gunA appreciate paNRa aLavukku, adhukkum PP-kkum differentiate paNRa aLavukku- ellAm nAn vaLaralai :oops:

(seen guNA only once on DVD a few years back, felt ok but not overwhelmed, as in the case of my many other KH fav movies...'idhukku ivvaLavu AdharavA'-nnu appappO thONum. But that's my taste buds / dhimAg problem and nothing wrong with others. OTOH, I loved PP during college days, not seen recently).

The other problem with me is giving reasonable weightage to "given credits", unlike most KHFs here.

To me, whomsoever called director in the titles is director, whether he had total vision / total control or done only project manager kind of work. It doesn't matter to me. I really don't care further unless there is a recognized pizhai - intended or unintended. (e.g. vAli getting credited for 'vizhiyE kadhai ezhudhu').

For such designation to be taken away, at least someone else from the team should contest it, as in the case of OTR. Or claim "direction-mERpArvai" as in the case of k eeram. Otherwise, it's becoming muddy and anybody's guess.

Here, KH has no problem crediting others but KHFs don't accept it -right from rAja pArvai to mahA nadhi, ellAththukkum Avi Avi-nnu vehementA Avi pidikkiRanga - and it sounds strange to me.

As if KH had personally told them. As if they were sitting in all discussions. And, as if they know inside-out of SSR-SB-Bharathan. (Like NOV once claimed for the % of pAttukku mettu. He had gone to the extent of calling PA's remarks as kudi kAran pEchchu).

That's why I posted as 'questioning the title credits is equal to questioning KH'. adhukkellAm saththamE kANOm.

Legally, where do people use benAmi / proxy?

When one cannot be present. Here it does not apply. KH is very much present as hero / thiraikkathai etc in the titles. I read somewhere that for SNSM, they showed 'veRRu nARkAli' when showing director Bhimsingh's name in the title, because he passed away. That much is the validity of titles in TF. However, people call the director proxy for many KH movies :confused:

Illegally, people have proxies in certain situations - like powerful man's black money / soththu or his illegitimate child in need of initial etc. Those are definitely not applicable here.

There are other situations when a popular man's name is credited for a work which was actually done by a lesser mortal. For publicity / marketing etc. e.g. books written by star cricketers. evanO ezhudhi ivanga pErla pOttu vippAn. In that case, the actual author is typically unknown while the credited one is popular. That's also N/A here as KH is immensely more popular than the directors listed who are not much known to public.

So, what is the need for KH to designate them as directors? Unless they've done "something adequate" :roll:

tamizharasan
22nd August 2012, 11:34 PM
[I](seen guNA only once on DVD a few years back, felt ok but not overwhelmed, as in the case of my many other KH fav movies...'idhukku ivvaLavu AdharavA'-nnu appappO thONum. But that's my taste buds / dhimAg problem and nothing wrong with others. OTOH, I loved PP during college days, not seen recently).

me confused.

app_engine
22nd August 2012, 11:41 PM
B(K),
Other than IR, no common link between me & SB :-)

oru vELai romba nAL natpukkAka, "ivarum periya ALA varattumE"nnu kadamai kaNNiyam kattuppAdu project kuduththirukkalAm. uruppadiyA onnum seyyAma ivarai director-nu , just for friendhship, Kamal pOduvArA? I doubt'nga.

appadiyE eduththukkittAlum, how can the same "doing a favor" clause apply to SSRao / Bharathan? :confused:

app_engine
22nd August 2012, 11:43 PM
me confused.

puriyalai?

I said :

what they consider as two of his best-ever films

They is not me :-)

app_engine
23rd August 2012, 01:18 AM
dig

Plum,
எப்படி ஒரு உதிரிப்பூக்களுக்காக நீங்க அஞ்சுவுக்கு வாழ்நாள் ஆதரவு (not ridiculing for obesity etc) கொடுக்குறீங்களோ, அந்த மாதிரி ஒரு 'பூந்தளிராட / ஆனந்த ராகம் / கோடைகாலக்காற்றே' ராசா கிட்ட இருந்து வாங்கிக்கொடுத்ததுக்காக நானும் இந்த ரெண்டு பேருக்கும் (yes, including P Vasu :oops:) ஒரு சின்னக்கவசம் கொடுக்குறேன். Sheer gratitude!

end-dig

OnMyWay
23rd August 2012, 03:15 AM
Just wondering
In Guna ..
Guna says ""inga malai than bhayam manushanga illa" after he and Abhirami escape to the caves after attacked.. edhukku solrar appadi ?

Plum
23rd August 2012, 10:45 AM
App - you clearly are not understanding the movies in question! People do - folm enthusiasts - read signatures of authors in movies, you know. Ninga solradhu ellaam gossip column levelukku dhaan irukku. What we are talking of his - I don't really want to use baradwaj rangan jargon but you are forcing me to - auteurship, authorial intent and signature.

Think about this - the bunch of movies we are discussing here are Raajapaarvai, Gunaa, mahanadkr, apporva etc. Why not en tamizh en makkal, aditya 369 or chinna maapla or even panneer pushpangal. What is common to the movies we are discussing - what sensibility is common? Kamal ofcourse. Gossipaga paakkamal, film appreciationA paarthaal ungalukke puriyum. You are not answering the core question - what is santhana barathy's signature as director? What is his sensibility as director? Where is it found in Gunaa, Mahanadhi? Enough has been written about Kamal's singature in these movies so the ball's in your court to prove that SB's signature and vision Is found in these movies.

Bala (Karthik)
23rd August 2012, 12:19 PM
App
The question is not whether SB is a director or not. It is not whether he is fit to be a director or not. The point we are making is he was a proxy for Guna and Mahanadhi. The fact that Guna/MN had SB's name as director in the title card, that Kamal acknowledged this (en post la andha points-ku neenga respond pannala), that Kamal gave him KKK, that he made Panneer Pushpangal are not relevant here.
How does SB being a director in that film have anything to do with this??

Next your allegation that Kamal fans are upset/insecure that SB will get the credit for Guna/MN is :lol: worthy
Enakku therinju, only you and NOV are religiously holding on to the official title card director belief. How many people do you think remember these films as SB films, as against Kamal films? How many people even remember SB?

joe
23rd August 2012, 02:36 PM
My telugu friend talked about one Tamil to telugu dubbed kamal movie ,i couldn't figure out .. kamal in dual role ..one as doctor another as poli-doctor ..which movie is this ?

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
23rd August 2012, 03:19 PM
பழைய படம்! தொண்டைக்குள் நிக்குது, வெளிய வரமாட்டேங்குது!

groucho070
23rd August 2012, 03:24 PM
Come on Kamal fans. This is a direct challenge. Namma Dakter engge?

joe
23rd August 2012, 03:34 PM
பழைய படம்! தொண்டைக்குள் நிக்குது, வெளிய வரமாட்டேங்குது!
இப்படி ஒரு படமா ? :lol:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
23rd August 2012, 03:36 PM
"ஒண்ணா ஒரு படம்!"

http://www.adrasaka.com/2012/08/blog-post_4015.html

அப்படியே பல விஷயங்கள் பேசிட்டு இருந்தப்ப திடீர்னு ரஜினி சார், 'கமல்... ஒண்ணா ஒரு படம்... நாம ரெண்டு பேரும் சேர்ந்து நடிக்கணும்னு ஆசையா இருக்கு’னு சொல்லிட்டு கமலையே பார்த்தார். கமல் கொஞ்சம்கூட யோசிக்கலை. 'தாராளமா நடிக்கலாமே... அப்படி நாம சேர்ந்து நடிக்கிற படத்தை சரவணன் சாரே தயாரிக்கட்டும்’னு சொல்லிட்டார்.

ஒருத்தர் உலக நாயகன்... இன்னொருத்தர் சூப்பர் ஸ்டார். ரெண்டு பேருக்குமே என்னைவிட நிறைய சினிமா தெரியும். ரெண்டு பேருக்கும் சம்பளமும் ரொம்பப் பெருசு. எனக்கு என்ன சொல்றதுன்னே தெரியலை. 'உங்க ரெண்டு பேரையும் நடிக்கவெச்சு வேலை வாங்குற திறமை பாலசந்தர் சார்கிட்ட மட்டும்தான் இருக்கு’னு சொன்னேன். ரெண்டு பேருமே சிரிச்சாங்க. அவங்க ஓ.கே. சொல்லிட்டாங்க. இனி, நாங்க தான் மெனக்கெடணும். பார்ப் போம்'' என்று வழக்கமான அமைதிப் புன்னகையுடன் வழியனுப்புகிறார் சரவணன்.

நன்றி - விகடன்

என்னாதிது?!? ஏப்ரல் மாசம் கூட இல்லையே?!?

vijeeshgovindhan
23rd August 2012, 03:36 PM
My telugu friend talked about one Tamil to telugu dubbed kamal movie ,i couldn't figure out .. kamal in dual role ..one as doctor another as poli-doctor ..which movie is this ?

Iru Nilavugal...

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
23rd August 2012, 03:55 PM
Yes, its telugu original is Sommokadidhi Sokkadidhi, Bala mentioned this recently?!

P_R
23rd August 2012, 05:14 PM
app :shock:

'What is the reason, I want to know the reason' for crediting someone else-nu kEtteenga.
Good question.

Kamal wanted to make his directorial debut with a bang. If not for having to take over Chachi 420, his 'debut' would have been Hey Ram.

Here, a director is not just a creator. You need to take care of a lot of grunt work. That's not totally outsourcable either. That person also has to have a creative bent of mind.

Here is an example by Kamal himself of the 'divorce cases' that get brought to a director for panjAyaththu resolution
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=WAqGQZ-d094#t=34s

He has a good working relationship with SB, who has no qualms taking executing his vision. When Kamal felt 'ready' to credit himself, mind you, he credited SB as the only associate director in Hey Ram.

And as others have explained, KSR is different. One can think of him as the 'commercial conscience' collaborating with Kamal. But even that is a kinda lazy classification. These are films you get the distinct feel Kamal isn't giving his all aesthetically - unlike Thevar Magan, Guna, Mahanadhi, Kurudhippunal.

(btw for some reason, I harbour the belief he is going to mess me up with VR by directing it himself but still evoking KSR-collaboration feel)

How is it possible to believe Sundar C directed Anbe Sivam??
I don't even want to cite interviews where he cited, Kamal decided everything. Just by looking at the movie, don't you think in scope and aesthetics it feels closer to Kamal's movies than Sundar C's movies?

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
23rd August 2012, 05:20 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sankarlal

Sankarlal is a Tamil language film starring Kamal Haasan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamal_Haasan) in the lead role of the protagonist. This film was initially planned to be directed by T.N.Balu(He is the director for the famous Tamil films Athe kangal and sattam en kayil). Unfortunately T.N.Balu died half-way before completing this film. So Kamal Haasan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamal_Haasan) himself directed and completed this film. This is supposedly his first direction attempt.

இதெல்லாம் ஏப்புக்கு தெரியுமா?!?

Cinemarasigan
23rd August 2012, 06:11 PM
"ஒண்ணா ஒரு படம்!"

http://www.adrasaka.com/2012/08/blog-post_4015.html
அப்படியே பல விஷயங்கள் பேசிட்டு இருந்தப்ப திடீர்னு ரஜினி சார், 'கமல்... ஒண்ணா ஒரு படம்... நாம ரெண்டு பேரும் சேர்ந்து நடிக்கணும்னு ஆசையா இருக்கு’னு சொல்லிட்டு கமலையே பார்த்தார். கமல் கொஞ்சம்கூட யோசிக்கலை. 'தாராளமா நடிக்கலாமே... அப்படி நாம சேர்ந்து நடிக்கிற படத்தை சரவணன் சாரே தயாரிக்கட்டும்’னு சொல்லிட்டார்.

ஒருத்தர் உலக நாயகன்... இன்னொருத்தர் சூப்பர் ஸ்டார். ரெண்டு பேருக்குமே என்னைவிட நிறைய சினிமா தெரியும். ரெண்டு பேருக்கும் சம்பளமும் ரொம்பப் பெருசு. எனக்கு என்ன சொல்றதுன்னே தெரியலை. 'உங்க ரெண்டு பேரையும் நடிக்கவெச்சு வேலை வாங்குற திறமை பாலசந்தர் சார்கிட்ட மட்டும்தான் இருக்கு’னு சொன்னேன். ரெண்டு பேருமே சிரிச்சாங்க. அவங்க ஓ.கே. சொல்லிட்டாங்க. இனி, நாங்க தான் மெனக்கெடணும். பார்ப் போம்'' என்று வழக்கமான அமைதிப் புன்னகையுடன் வழியனுப்புகிறார் சரவணன்.

நன்றி - விகடன்

என்னாதிது?!? ஏப்ரல் மாசம் கூட இல்லையே?!?

I don't think KB will accept to direct...

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
23rd August 2012, 06:14 PM
Also he looks very tired, nowadays

joe
23rd August 2012, 07:29 PM
Iru Nilavugal...
:ty: ...

equanimus
23rd August 2012, 07:50 PM
How many people do you think remember these films as SB films, as against Kamal films?Rhetorical question, I know. The answer is of course obvious. But this 'absence' of a director indirectly gives way to something unfortunate. A lot of people, even those who are fans, genuinely find these films very affecting 'fail' -- to be more precise, lack the vocabulary -- to frame their assessment/appreciation of the film as the success of the filmmaker and invariably end up praising the actor. Both these Kamal performances are indeed powerful but note how that (the performance) is just about the only thing most people end up discussing (the jail meeting scene, the hospital scene in guNA and so on) when there's so much more to say about these films. (My feeling is Kamal completely recognizes this and hence ensures there's always at least a few powerful moments for the actor.)

equanimus
23rd August 2012, 08:09 PM
'What is the reason, I want to know the reason' for crediting someone else-nu kEtteenga.
Good question.

Kamal wanted to make his directorial debut with a bang. If not for having to take over Chachi 420, his 'debut' would have been Hey Ram.

Here, a director is not just a creator. You need to take care of a lot of grunt work. That's not totally outsourcable either. That person also has to have a creative bent of mind.I differ somewhat from this line of reasoning though I suppose it's also valid to an extent. (Particularly the point about starting with a bang. I think Kamal certainly had such a notion in his mind.) I think the primary reason (and I believe this is close to the industry's understanding too) for Kamal not officially donning the role of a director is he invariably doesn't have the trust of the business people. That's why I think he had to pick an established name (who is also pliable) as the director.

venkkiram
23rd August 2012, 08:35 PM
கேரளாவில் சிறந்த கதை, திரைக்கதை, வசனம், இயக்கம் இப்படி ஆளுமைகள் பரந்து விரிந்து கெடக்குது. கூட்டணி என வரும்போது அங்கெல்லாம் எப்படி ஒவ்வொரு பணிகளும் திறம்பட கலந்து ஒவ்வொருவருக்கும் உண்டான இடம் பிரபலமாகிறது? கமல் என வரும்போது, திறமையான இயக்குனர்களிடத்தில் (சிபி மலையில்-பரதன்-சேது மாதவன்).. கருத்து உராய்வுகள் ஏற்பட்டு உடைந்து போகிறது?

equanimus
23rd August 2012, 08:46 PM
ஏன்னா அவருக்கே ஒரு பரந்த vision இருக்கு. அவருக்குத் தேவை executors தான். This is not only true for director's 'grunt work' but also that of a whole set of technicians. The cinematography for instance in his films is first-rate more often than not but note that he never seemed to have the need to stick to collaborating with one established cinematographer. Many of his 'complete' films (i.e. those that are well mounted visually and so on) are shot by enthusiastic newcomers. He works with them for some films and then moves on. Or at least that's how it appears to me.

P_R
23rd August 2012, 09:00 PM
I've seen on SB interview where he talks about how it was a huge effort to get the cameras in and out of the caves. They ha to build cables to lower and bring out the equipment.

Thats what I meant by the executor being someone who had a creative bent of mind. To know how important, and worth the effort an aesthetic achievement is. One needn't personally be the ideator to to share that passion.

Eq, what were SB's immediately pre Guna films that made him a safe bet collaborator?

hattori_hanzo
23rd August 2012, 09:03 PM
Iru Nilavugal...

Sommaokkaandha Sokkudhudee / Iru Nilavugal. Kamal played the role of an absent minded doctor. YGM dubbed for him in Tamil. :-)

I have heard about a movie which came almost during the same time - 'Unarchigal'. He played a deaf/mute along with Sujatha, IIRC. How good is this movie?

P_R
23rd August 2012, 09:08 PM
:exactly: @ cinematographers
oNdi aaLA evvaLO dhaan seyyardhunnu dhaan pidichu kudukkuRaar. SeriousA eduththukkappadaadhu.

equanimus
23rd August 2012, 09:12 PM
Eq, what were SB's immediately pre Guna films that made him a safe bet collaborator?PR, actually by "established name" I simply mean a director who is known as a director, that's all; and of course willing to be an assistant to Kamal on the sets. Santhana Bharathi is after all a friend, so I suppose Kamal saw in him an able accomplice. My theory is, the business people just want an assurance that a regular director is calling the shots and not an overenthusiastic actor (who'd better stick to what he knows and does well, acting).

app_engine
23rd August 2012, 09:13 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sankarlal
இதெல்லாம் ஏப்புக்கு தெரியுமா?!?

I'm reminded of M N Nambiar :-)

Once upon a time, there was an interview (either in Vikatan or Kumudam) when the reporter asked him 'why have you not tried hero role'.

The irate MNN's answer was 'nee pAl sAppittukkittu irukkumbOthE nAn kadhA nAyakanA nadichchuttEn'.

Quite apt in the context - perhaps I'm donning the role of "Nambiyar" (villain) in this 'Kamal as Avi iyakkunar' discussion.

Look at my "more than a year old" post (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?8541-The-Golden-Era-of-Dr-IR-and-Dr-SPB-306-புதுப்புது-அர்த்தங்கள்-songs&p=704623&viewfull=1#post704623) on iLangiLiyE, the sweet song from sankarlAl.

The director was T N Balu, who earlier did uyarndhavarkaL & sattam en kaiyil with Kamal (iRaivan iraNdu bommaigaL seythAn & sorgam madhuvilE immediately come to mind). IIRC, he died before the movie was complete and someone else released it. (googled to verify my memory and wikipedia says Kamal himself completed it. It claims shankarlal was KH's first directorial attempt :wink: KH-anudhabees may frown at it because the movie was termed dumb and a disaster as well).

IMO, SKV'yOda "same side goal" :wink:

app_engine
23rd August 2012, 09:17 PM
mikka nanRi Plum, P_R, Bala(Karthik) for your excellent and patient replies to my posts!

Also, nanRi to equa sir for further insights!

I'm happy that I could get some recognition among theevira KH fans for these people. ('dummy' title getting replaced with 'associate' 'grunt work':lol: 'executor' kind of far more decent descriptions)!

My mission accomplished :-)

equanimus
23rd August 2012, 09:23 PM
I've seen on SB interview where he talks about how it was a huge effort to get the cameras in and out of the caves. They ha to build cables to lower and bring out the equipment.

Thats what I meant by the executor being someone who had a creative bent of mind. To know how important, and worth the effort an aesthetic achievement is. One needn't personally be the ideator to to share that passion.Absolutely. I completely agree with the point that it involved delegation of very significant tasks; and can't emphasize enough the point that the executor himself had to be someone who shares the passion of creating the movie. But here's the thing. It's a bit hard to believe that Kamal meant to relieve himself of the nitty-gritties of the making of the film. He is someone who's been notorious for intrusion right from his early days, doing all sorts of errands to achieve something, enhance the film etc.; in his own words he can rightfully claim to have been an assistant director for many of his early films. In short, a hard worker in all ways. And secondly, if he was willing to take the whole responsibility (of being a full-time director) at 45 years, wouldn't he have jumped at it when he was younger?

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
23rd August 2012, 09:41 PM
Once upon a time, there was an interview (either in Vikatan or Kumudam) when the reporter asked him 'why have you not tried hero role'.

The irate MNN's answer was 'nee pAl sAppittukkittu irukkumbOthE nAn kadhA nAyakanA nadichchuttEn'.

Quite apt in the context - perhaps I'm donning the role of "Nambiyar" (villain) in this 'Kamal as Avi iyakkunar' discussion.

Look at my "more than a year old" post (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?8541-The-Golden-Era-of-Dr-IR-and-Dr-SPB-306-%E0%AE%AA%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%AA%E0%A F%8D%E0%AE%AA%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%81-%E0%AE%85%E0%AE%B0%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%8D%E0%A E%A4%E0%AE%99%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%95%E0%AE%B3%E0%AF%8D-songs&p=704623&viewfull=1#post704623) on iLangiLiyE, the sweet song from sankarlAl.

The director was T N Balu, who earlier did uyarndhavarkaL & sattam en kaiyil with Kamal (iRaivan iraNdu bommaigaL seythAn & sorgam madhuvilE immediately come to mind). IIRC, he died before the movie was complete and someone else released it. (googled to verify my memory and wikipedia says Kamal himself completed it. It claims shankarlal was KH's first directorial attempt :wink: KH-anudhabees may frown at it because the movie was termed dumb and a disaster as well).

IMO, SKV'yOda "same side goal" :wink:

1. While u made that post, 2011, i was not paal saaptufying! Basivcally i stopped Paal 20 years b4 itself!

2. you urself came to know that kamal took over, only from Vicky!

3. Since u r ahead of us by timeline, there is no issues at my side if you genuinely come and tell us an info about kamal, which none of us knew b4!

But ippo problem athu illai :) Bala and P_R clearly explains the context! And i asked you how deep did you absorb the arstistic, cinematic contents of the KamalSB movies you mentioned. You seem to wander with some pre-assumptions. Only that led you to think so about Kamal-SB or Kamal-SRR. Of course one cannot get deep in ALL topics no?!

Bala (Karthik)
23rd August 2012, 09:43 PM
mikka nanRi Plum, P_R, Bala(Karthik) for your excellent and patient replies to my posts!

I'm happy that I could get some recognition among theevira KH fans for these people. ('dummy' title getting replaced with 'associate' 'grunt work':lol: 'executor' kind of far more decent descriptions)!

App
Sorry to say. It seems like you are still refusing to engage in any meaningful discussion.
How do the terms 'associate', 'grunt work', 'executor' depart from our original (and current) stand that SB was a proxy. What Himalayan difference does all this terminology make? What is this recognition you are talking about? That SB was the director in the sense that he shouted "action", "cut" and moved equipment in between samosa snacks? Are these more important to you than anything creative? How is this different from what was said earlier?

Regarding the Sankarlal post - not something fans would want to flaunt i suppose :lol:

The director was T N Balu, who earlier did uyarndhavarkaL & sattam en kaiyil with Kamal (iRaivan iraNdu bommaigaL seythAn & sorgam madhuvilE immediately come to mind). IIRC, he died before the movie was complete and someone else released it. (googled to verify my memory and wikipedia says Kamal himself completed it. It claims shankarlal was KH's first directorial attempt KH-anudhabees may frown at it because the movie was termed dumb and a disaster as well).
IMO, SKV'yOda "same side goal"
However, disagree with the lines in bold. Like i said, Kamal being the director of a dud (as bad as it may be) is not relevant to this discussion at all. I guess Sakala just made the point that he got to "direct" as early as Sankarlal. Inga panjayathu vera. Moreover, that was not his script (i think). When was the last time any director made an awesome film with an awful script? (BGethukkaaha Geedhaanjali-a rasikkalaam aana adhu nalla padamaiduma?)

Bala (Karthik)
23rd August 2012, 09:57 PM
And about taking credit/Mani-Ramani etc. Nobody blamed SSR for Mumbai Xpress, did they? Or Suresh Krissna for Alavandhaan? ["Blame" pannanum-ngara patchathil, in the first place. Both films did have some moments]. Yen, ippo MMA-vaye eduthukkunga....

SoftSword
23rd August 2012, 09:59 PM
enna kaiya pudichu ilutthiayaa...

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
23rd August 2012, 10:02 PM
Good point! thOththu pOnaa athu kamal script, gelichaa athu SB/KSR/SSR Direction! Nallaarukku ivanga panjaayathu!

Surya nna ennannu theriyumaa?!? Natpunnaa ennannu theriyumaa?!? Substitute Kamal, Screenplay etc

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
23rd August 2012, 10:04 PM
Just want to remind here that, inspite of the commercial failure of Mahanadhi/GuNaa/Anbesivam, these 3 films are widely discussed in Net then and there. Those who discuss, most of them, find them as great films and had they got released now, they would have become Superhits.

Even SB underlines that in the interview which i posted(only thus all this discussion running :lol: ), "innikku ivanga panra aLavukku engaLaala viLambaram panna vazhi irunthaa, innum ennennamO senjiruppOm"

Bala (Karthik)
23rd August 2012, 10:07 PM
Good point! thOththu pOnaa athu kamal script, gelichaa athu SB/KSR/SSR Direction! Nallaarukku ivanga panjaayathu!

To clarify, when i said "Nobody blamed SSR....etc" i meant none of "us" (Kamal fans). That was in response to app's allegation that naama vetri-na credit eduthukka virumbarom, tholvi na disown panrom etc

Plum
23rd August 2012, 10:17 PM

idhu dhAnga Sommakodidhi Sokkakkodidhi, nEthu sonnEnE....

joe
23rd August 2012, 10:21 PM
idhu dhAnga Sommakodidhi Sokkakkodidhi, nEthu sonnEnE....
i see ..So is this Telugu original dubbed in Tamil as Iru Nilavugal?

Plum
23rd August 2012, 10:21 PM
I don't think KB will accept to direct...

KB accept paNdradhu irukkattum...

P_R
23rd August 2012, 10:24 PM
Moreover, that was not his script (i think). )
Idhula enna I think?
Andha padaththula nadichadhE thappu
Adhu Kamal ezhudhi irukkak koodiyadhu-nu ninaichchAdhu nemba thappu

Oru sEmbil
Kamal's name is dharmalingam and he comes as an foreigner whose name is D.L.Gum
And in case u couldn't put two and two together and appreciate this pun, the villain Major - explains it to the audience.
Kamal: dEi naan eppadi ellAm directorial debut paNNaNumnu ninaichchEn theriyumA da!

Plum
23rd August 2012, 10:25 PM
Sommaokkaandha Sokkudhudee

idhukku enna arththam?

Plum
23rd August 2012, 10:27 PM

idhu ellAm unga mindla dhAn. nAnga eppOvumE theLivA dhAn irukkOm. indha rendu nAtkaLila yAurm karuththai mAththikkavE illai. oru vELai indha dhabaa nAnga sonnadhu ungaLukku correttA purinjiruchu pOla. Thasaall uvar aanar

P_R
23rd August 2012, 10:28 PM
KB ellAm vONaam.
Rajini hero. Kamal ezuthu, iyakkam, hitchcockian guest appearance
Saravanansaar vENaam. Raajkamal.

Remba aasappadure neeyi - ennai chonnEn

Plum
23rd August 2012, 10:30 PM
i see ..So is this Telugu original dubbed in Tamil as Iru Nilavugal?

Absoleetly. It was the first film of Singeetham with Kamal so it has a significant place. As I said before, sila pala teknikkis are there int his film that later showed up in MMKR. Singeetham's non-Kamal movies may not be in the same class but the man certainly has a creative vision that has contributed to the Kamal colloborations.

Plum
23rd August 2012, 10:32 PM
nAn romba nALA aasai pattukittirukkEn.... adhoda vida koodadhu. Mohanal Mammottynu pOttu thAkkaNum.

m_karthik
23rd August 2012, 10:45 PM
nAn romba nALA aasai pattukittirukkEn.... adhoda vida koodadhu. Mohanal Mammottynu pOttu thAkkaNum.

IR ah illa ARR ah?? :)

Plum
23rd August 2012, 10:57 PM
Ahnnn... GV Pirgasu. Malaysiala rendu ticket uRudhi :)

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
23rd August 2012, 10:58 PM
Sommaokkaandha Sokkudhudee

idhukku enna arththam?

According to Santhanabharathi, it means SamosaavakKandaa Sokkuthe (manam)

irir123
23rd August 2012, 11:14 PM
happened to watch Thevar magan (again) last week!

1. Kamal asks Gowthami to use the right leg to step into their house, just as she is abt to land her feet, the crackers go off behind, she stumbles and Kamal tries to fend off her off-balance, touching her hands, and Sivaji frowns/ winces watching this, Kamal is embarassed to notice this, takes away his hands, and gowthami looks back at the fireworks - cut - chinna thevar's family's reaction to the fireworks !! what detailed nuanced screenplay! sometimes I feel Kamal fills up his scripts with way too many things, that ppl can find that exhausting / if not distracting! on this occasion though, everything is linked to what we will see next - the fireworks are the central point around which the stumbling, scowling and rival family bitching is all built!

2. 'maasaru ponney varuga' showcasing the new thevar's wife's pregnancy, the script morphing that situation into the ambaal coming out of the temple in a 'ther' after a long time, both linked by the same song - 'maasatra penn' = Panchavarnam = the ambaal!! salute to the IR-Kamal combo!

3. how does IR manage to bring out the sense of foreboding in Kamal's scripts like this one & Mahanadhi ? the camera pans off from characters to scan the sky and the BGM kindof prepares one for something untoward abt to happen - the scenes leading to vadivelu losing his hand, or the canal sabotage are testimony to this! or in Mahanadhi, IR's 'amaanushya' BGM motif in the initial scenes when Haneefa meets him (cauvery as the backdrop!) gives off a sense of foreboding as well

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
23rd August 2012, 11:22 PM
irir123, come online for few mins :)

app_engine
24th August 2012, 12:48 AM
Question:

That SB was the director in the sense that he shouted "action", "cut" and moved equipment in between samosa snacks? Are these more important to you than anything creative? How is this different from what was said earlier?

Answer:

...it involved delegation of very significant tasks; and can't emphasize enough the point that the executor himself had to be someone who shares the passion of creating the movie...

(bold font by me)

And regarding sankarlAl, I do a "+1" for P_R's post (that it shouldn't be called a directorial work of KH) :-) I had to bring it because of the 'does app_e know this' question. This seems to be the attitude 'Bharathanukku thamizh nAdunnA ennennE theriyAdhu' :mad:

Clarification: It wasn't my intention in the sankarlAl song post to show KHF's in a bad light (that they hate to take debit for disasters while only wanting credit for creative inputs) ; it was just a casual remark on the wiki article's frivolous claim. Neither do I remember posting any in this thread to malign KHF's of a 'parisu kidaiththAl enakku - udhai kidaiththAl unakku' attitude!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
24th August 2012, 01:03 AM
App, I only posted that Sankarlal and that too to show that KH too had did ghost direction like what SB and SSR did for Kamal films. Meaning, KH shost directed the rest of Sankarlal and there is no creative inputs from him, he cannot claim the movie is his. Likewise SB and SSR cannot claim those movies they worked with KH as director becos they are not writen by them.

Rest of the issues already addressed(like SSR helping kamal in enhancing the script, means, contributing some inputs, not creating the script)

SoftSword
24th August 2012, 01:03 AM
IR ah illa ARR ah?? :)

indha panjayatthu kooda mudinjadhu...
arr songs... ir bgm...

app_engine
24th August 2012, 01:57 AM
Question - was there 'other-than-acting' inputs from Kamal for the two "BM-credited" movies?

If so, how much?

(BTW, the movies are moonRAm piRai 1982 & sathi leelAvathi 1995)

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
24th August 2012, 02:54 AM
On related note, Kamal's lot of inputs r there in Punnagain Mannan Chaplin Mama Character.

Head back few pages in this thread, i posted a vid where kamal explains that he did lot of extra works both physical and creative(choreography) works in Ek tu Je keliye.

Maniratnam had couple of times said in interviews that in Naayagan, there very many of Kamal's creative inputs. Physical input - Kamal forced Delhi Ganesh and co-artists to undergo deep haircut to show age-off. Some of them were reluctant and to pacify them, kamal himself did the Navithan job for them!

The ManakkaNakku ling posted by P_R - the jokes, the way he talks walks speaks, all are so kamal'ish. Appdiye thaniyaa theriyum

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
24th August 2012, 03:12 AM
This week Vikatan.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/405253_453845871313096_179029919_n.jpg

SoftSword
24th August 2012, 04:00 AM
This week Vikatan.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/405253_453845871313096_179029919_n.jpg

ஒரு நாள் ரஜினி சார் என்னை சந்திக்க வந்தார்.................

pls note, he says ஒரு நாள், not சமீபத்தில்...
eppovo meet pannappo sollirukkaanga pola.. ippo ivarkitta idhappatthi kelvi kaetta udanae adhu nyabagam vandhu solraar... mathapadi i don think he says as if its materialising now...

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
24th August 2012, 04:41 AM
Yes, vanthaanga, sonnaanga, pOnaanga thatsall. He may be trying to re-kindle this "Annikki sonneenga illa, respond pannunga, AVM Studio pillayaar koilla, varra Pillayaar chathurthikku pooja pOtralaam" :lol:

The above question and answer can be used just any day, from now on, till may be a 5, 10 years!

groucho070
24th August 2012, 09:08 AM
Sommaokkaandha Sokkudhudee / Iru Nilavugal. Kamal played the role of an absent minded doctor. YGM dubbed for him in Tamil. :-)

I have heard about a movie which came almost during the same time - 'Unarchigal'. He played a deaf/mute along with Sujatha, IIRC. How good is this movie?anyone replied to this? Allow me.

Deaf mute role was in Uyarnthavargal. So and so film, one good song, Iraivan Irandu bommaigal (when Shankar Ganesh was doing MSV pastiche). Can't remember Unarchigal which was apparently experimental at that time, not supposed to have song but had to include for commerce sake.

NOV
24th August 2012, 09:23 AM
My folks went to see Unarchigal without me :evil: saying that I was too young :sigh2:

hattori_hanzo
24th August 2012, 09:59 AM
Thanks Groucho! You were the first to reply.

Nov, your folks were right :-)

Unarchigal is a Tamil language film starring Kamal Haasan in the lead role. It is a highly sensuous film which deals with sexually transmitted diseases. The movie ran into big trouble with the censor board. It was made in 1972, but released only after four years. It was Kamal Hassan's first movie as hero, despite being released 4 years later. The movie also has Srividya in a supporting role. The same film was later remade in Malayalam as Raasaleela and released in 1975.

Raasaleela is a 1975 Malayalam film by N. Sankaran Nair starring Kamal Hassan and Jayasudha. It is a remake of the Tamil film Unarchigal which also starred Kamal Hassan, but got released before the original. It is a soft-porn movie that faced many problems in the censor. It was also dubbed and released in Tamil and ran for 100 days in Tamil Nadu.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/3d/Unarchigalfilm.jpg/220px-Unarchigalfilm.jpg

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQy5DxV3fsQRDu78eaazbWVEk5WpH5cs PHtNBM_hqQ3TevNt-VF

equanimus
24th August 2012, 11:14 AM
I'm happy that I could get some recognition among theevira KH fans for these people. ('dummy' title getting replaced with 'associate' 'grunt work':lol: 'executor' kind of far more decent descriptions)!app, speaking for myself, I don't think I've ever called him a 'dummy' or anything to that effect. In most cases, I guess I just don't mention him at all! Which you might say is quite unfair but the truth is as the audience at the receiving end, we generally don't talk about a lot of executors who carry out significant tasks. Any full-fledged film involves several people who share the passion for making movies.

Cinemarasigan
24th August 2012, 11:20 AM
Absoleetly. It was the first film of Singeetham with Kamal so it has a significant place. As I said before, sila pala teknikkis are there int his film that later showed up in MMKR. Singeetham's non-Kamal movies may not be in the same class but the man certainly has a creative vision that has contributed to the Kamal colloborations.

Pre-90's Kamal many times mentioned that Singeetham is one of the best directors he worked with. Kamal learnt lot of things from Singeetham as well..

app_engine
24th August 2012, 04:45 PM
Pre-90's Kamal many times mentioned that Singeetham is one of the best directors he worked with. Kamal learnt lot of things from Singeetham as well..

hub kalvettil idhaippoRikkaNum!

Plum
24th August 2012, 05:39 PM
App - your petulance is uncalled for. I am sorry you are the one who is being petulant. Why try to barb as if this is a typical fan boy squabble. Fact is there has been a very patient, point by point articulation of why SB doesn't deserve creative credit. You are really shifting the goalposts every day and trying to create a strawman which you can demolish then. Exasperating!

app_engine
24th August 2012, 06:30 PM
Plum,
idhukkuththAn nAn 'quit' sonnEn, neenga kEkkalai, thirumba pudichchu izhuththeenga, anubavinga!
:-)

equa sir,
nanRinga !
I understand your stand. All that I'm trying here is for "some respect" to these "hub-unsung" folks. (Plum may not agree and say I'm creating a strawman. That's because he chose to ignore SKV's posts. All I ask is P_R bAshaiyil sollum bronze kiNNam kooda illa...just oru aluminium vessel or tupperware, against the "pAthi-kadichcha-samoosA" from that pAththiram) :-)

Plum
24th August 2012, 07:21 PM
app - ninga interpret paNdrA mAdhiri edhuvumE illai. Santhanabarathykkuriya creditku mElayE kediachAchu by being officially known as the director of Gunaa and Mahanadhi. adhai vida jaasthi ninga oNNum indha threadla vAngi koduthudalai! Sorry - your crusade is misplaced and meaningless!

app_engine
24th August 2012, 08:04 PM
adhai vida jaasthi ninga oNNum indha threadla vAngi koduthudalai!

jAsthi ennanga...in reality, it's not even my intention to "retain" it.

First of all, nAn onnum menakkettu inga SB-interview youtube pOdalai. correctA? pOttadhukku clap mattum dhAn pOtten.

appadippatta oru pAmaraththanamAna kai thattal kooda Tamizharasan, SKV, softsword - ivangaLukku pudikkalai.

Ridiculing / questioning happened and vERa vazhi illAmal sila pala posts.

Finally neenga "misplaced / meaningless crusade by me"nnu (pAthila vandhu, valiyena izhuththu innum reNdu moonu post pOda vachchittu) mudivu paNReenga.

sari, en thappuththAn, mannichchukkOnga! SB enna enakku mAmanA machchAna? KamalukkuththAn 40 varusha friendu.

:-)

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
24th August 2012, 08:41 PM
For first time of india, TOI come up with a uruppadiyaana news! No Kamal-Rajini Combo!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/regional/tamil/news-interviews/Will-Rajini-and-Kamal-come-together/articleshow/15632902.cms

Arvind Srinivasan
24th August 2012, 09:35 PM
Intha newslaan evan nambikitrundha..It's been the case for the past few years...Another popular one doing the rounds is Rajini acting in a special role in Marudhanayagam....I personally feel we'll never get to see these two together again.....

equanimus
24th August 2012, 10:59 PM
app, to add to the discussion regarding SB's creative bent/passion versus his effectiveness as an executor, note that he often fell back on doing remakes of Malayalam films (which were usually more interesting than the average Tamil film in terms of the subject, the treatment and so on). He has had an eye on Malayalam cinema in particular and borrowed from it quite like his friend P Vasu. kadamai kaNNiyam kattuppAdu, vietnam colony, engirundhO vandhAn were the remakes, but even besides these films, pannIr pushpangaL, kAvalukku kettikkAran were also quite 'unusual' subjects for the then Tamil cinema which has made me wonder if they were remakes too in some ways.

pushpak
26th August 2012, 06:02 AM
I felt some Anpe Sivam influence in the poster - http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s720x720/599395_260290544088588_853455603_n.jpg

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
26th August 2012, 07:48 PM
HD Quality of Marudhanaayagam Song played at Maestro Ilayaraja's "Be With Me" Event (Some dissabans is still there, but still)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBXyA2R5mQo

Cinemarasigan
28th August 2012, 02:35 PM
Is there any idea that how many songs were composed for Marudhanayagam..

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
28th August 2012, 03:50 PM
என்ன மாதிரியான போஸ்டர் இது?!?

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/534985_409318942432079_1580140350_n.jpg
A Close Encounter with GOD (http://hemanththiru.blogspot.ca/2012/05/who-is-god-close-encounter-with-god.html)

pushpak
29th August 2012, 07:42 AM
A quicky in 11-12 months short duration is being planned !!!
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/85353.html

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
29th August 2012, 08:45 AM
Same news

http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/Hotnews/2012/august/280812a.asp

கமலின் அடுத்தப்படம் ஹாலிவுட்டுக்குதான் என்று ஊரே உருமியடித்துக் கொண்டிருக்க, சைலண்ட்டாக ஒரு சிரிப்பு சப்தம் கேட்டுக் கொண்டிருக்கிறது மைலாப்பூர் பக்கம்.

ஹாலிவுட் படம் என்றால் அதற்கான காலமும் நேரமும் டாலர்களும் 'பெரிதினும் பெரிது கேள்' சமாச்சாரமாகிவிடும். இதையெல்லாம் நன்கு புரிந்து வைத்திருக்கும் கமல், அந்த ஹாலிவுட் படத்தை துவங்குவதற்கு முன் ஒரு காமெடி படத்தை தயாரித்து இயக்கிவிட்டால் என்ன என்று யோசிக்கிறாராம்.

கமல் சிரிக்கிறார் என்றால் அவருக்கு இரவல் பல்லாக இருப்பவர் கிரேஸி மோகன் அல்லவா? இப்போதெல்லாம் கமல் வீட்டில் கிரேஸியும், கிரேஸி வீட்டில் கமலும் அதிகமாக நடமாட ஆரம்பித்திருக்கிறார்கள். பேசிக் கொண்டே நடக்கிறார்கள். நடந்து கொண்டே சிரிக்கிறார்கள். சிரித்துக் கொண்டே எழுதுகிறார்கள்.

இந்த இருவர் கூட்டணி மீண்டும் ஒரு மெகா ஹிட் காமெடி படத்தை உருவாக்கப் போகும் முயற்சியில் இருப்பதாக தகவல். வாய் விட்டு சிரிச்சா வயிறு கெட்டுப் போகும்னு நினைக்கிற யாரா இருந்தாலும் இந்த செய்தியை புறக்கணிக்கலாம்

Arvind Srinivasan
29th August 2012, 08:52 AM
Appa VR-2lan....Ennaya nadakuthu.....Hope this is just a rumour as always....

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
29th August 2012, 09:32 AM
அவர் க்ரேசியுடன் டீ சாப்புட்றதை பாத்தாலே மீடியா ஒரு கதை எழுதிடுமே! கண்டுக்காதீங்க

Senareb
29th August 2012, 06:51 PM
http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-cinema-articles/Time-to-re-release-Kamals-classics-29-08-12.html

TIME TO RE-RELEASE KAMAL'S CLASSICS

A lot of Kamal Haasan’s movies have been dismissed as ‘ahead of time’ by the audiences. Either they didn’t understand these movies or just weren’t interested to use their brains in a movie hall, which is supposed to be just for entertainment.

Among this unfortunate list, we have classics like Kurudhipunal, Anbe Sivam and Hey Ram to name a few. Aalavandhan can also be included in this list as the concepts of hallucination were hitherto unexplored.

Sun TV has been screening movies based on two heroes this week in the 11pm slot. Last night we had Anbe Sivam. It literally arrested one’s attention for the entire span of its running time. There were no ad-breaks too. No other movie touched upon so many concepts like communism, labor problems, the concept of God, the culture of street-plays to drive messages, social issues like blood donation, youth’s obsession towards credit cards and above all the fact that looks can be deceptive. All this was achieved with the help of a breezy narration, intelligent dialogs, stunning set design and excellent performances by Kamal and apt foil from the likes of Madhavan, Nassar, Santhanabarathy and Kiran too.

When the movie was released in 2003, it was given the cold shoulder and the question that begs one’s attention is why? This movie was as close to being perfect as they come. Now, when this classic is shown on TV, the unanimous response one gets from viewers is “wow, what a movie!”

Even now it’s not too late. In this era of re-releases, restorations and 3D gimmicks, why not take up Anbe Sivam and release it again. In 2003, the audiences did a major disservice to Kamal Haasan – the artist, by snubbing this movie at the box-office. Now, if there is a re-release, one can safely bet that the amount of positive goodwill that Anbe Sivam has generated due to its cult status on TV would generate into footfalls at the theater as well.

When commercial movies like Baasha are being re-released, why not a true-blue classic like Anbe Sivam! People might argue that the fun is already lost due to the many screenings on TV, but so was Baasha which is practically screened once a month or so in Sun TV or K TV. The re-release of Baasha still worked pretty well.

With the cult following that Anbe Sivam has developed thanks to the proliferation of the social media, a re-release will probably work. Appropriate digital mastering and enhancement ought to be done for some extra value addition. Same with Aalavandhan and Hey Ram which are very rarely screened on TV, that too in the late night slot. With the backing of Hollywood giants like Tarantino, Aalavandhan has been in the news recently. Why not milk it with a re-release?

Hope the people who matter feel the same!

Cinemarasigan
29th August 2012, 07:02 PM
it is a good idea to do a quickie with Crazy Mohan.. but real quickie-ya 6 monthsla paNNinA nalladhu... Hollywood padatthukkAga nammai romba naaL kAkka vaikkamal irundhal sari..

Senareb
29th August 2012, 07:03 PM
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.417657694959693.92885.189960617729403&type=1

ஜெயா டிவியின் 14ம் ஆண்டு விழா!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
29th August 2012, 10:35 PM
Many Interesting fotos!

http://nikhilscinema.com/index1.php/events/celebrities-at-jaya-tv-14th-anniversary.html

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
30th August 2012, 09:33 AM
THALAIVAR sppech at MSV sir felicitation functin - #kamalhaasan (http://search.twitter.com/search?q=%23kamalhaasan) I am sure this is NOT complete speech!

கமலஹாசன்

விழாவில் கமல்ஹாசன் பேசியதாவது:-

`இது என் குடும்பம். அதேபோல் முதல்-அமைச்சரும் நினைத்ததால் தான் இங்கே நம்முடன் அமர்ந்திருக்கிறார். என் குருநாதர் கே.பாலச்சந்தர் அவர்கள் சொன்னது போல, நாங்கள் செய்யவேண்டியதை நீங்கள் செய்து எங்களுக்கு பெருமை சேர்த்திருக்கிறீர்கள்.

எம்.எஸ்.விஸ்வநாதனின் இசை மூன்று, நான்கு தலைமுறைகளையும் தாண்டி இன்றைய தலைமுறையையும் கவர்ந்திருக்கிறது. என் மகளை நான் இசை பயில அமெரிக்கா அனுப்பி வைத்தேன். அவள் இசைப்பயிற்சி முடித்ததும் என்னிடம் போனில் எம்.எஸ்.விஸ்வநாதன் இசையில் வந்த ஒரு பாடலை டியுன் பண்ணி `இது யாருடைய இசை?' என்று கேட்டாள். அந்த அளவுக்கு இந்த தலைமுறையையும் கவர்ந்தது இசையமைப்பாளர் எம்.எஸ்.விஸ்வநாதன் இசை. அதன்பிறகு அவள் பயிற்சி முடிந்து வந்ததும் நேராக இசையமைப்பாளர் எம்.எஸ்.விஸ்வநாதனிடம் அழைத்து வந்தேன். இவரை பாராட்ட வார்த்தைகள் இல்லை எனறார், இளையராஜா. அவரே அப்படி சொல்லி விட்ட பிறகு நான் என்ன சொல்லிப் பாராட்டுவது?

என்னையே பாராட்டியதுபோல்

இங்கே வந்திருந்த அத்தனை கலைஞர்களையும் நமது முதல்-அமைச்சர் கவுரவித்து பாராட்டியபோது என்னையே பாராட்டியதாக உணர்ந்தேன். முக்கியமாக பாடகி எம்.எஸ்.ராஜேஸ்வரி அவர்களை பாராட்டியபோது நான் சினிமாவில் முதன்முதலாக அவர்கள் பாடிய `அம்மாவும் நீயே அப்பாவும் நீயே' பாடலுக்குத்தான் வாயசைத்து நடித்தது மனதில் வந்தது. அவர்களை முதல்-அமைச்சர் பாராட்டியபோது என்னையே கவுரவித்தது போல் உணர்ந்தேன்.'

இவ்வாறு கமல்ஹாசன் பேசினார்.

http://dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=754836&disdate=8/30/2012

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
5th September 2012, 07:45 PM
ஆசிரியர்களின் தியாகத்தை பாராட்டும் உலகநாயகன்! http://soundcloud.com/maiam-kuzhuvinar இன்று பதிவு செய்தது!

Nasc
7th September 2012, 06:57 AM
i know it is a little late to post this but still.....
Kumki Audio launch - kamal's intro by GVM - "incomparable" "inaiIlla" :smokesmirk:
pullarichified - decenta mass kaamikurathilla Guatam killadi - love that man
GVM - respect for 2 sell:noteeth:pish reasons -for being a fan of isaignani - kalaignani

Senareb
11th September 2012, 08:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDjzYS9-ozA&feature=player_detailpage

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
11th September 2012, 10:39 PM
http://sadeshnehru.blogspot.com.au/2007/12/aboorva-sagotharargal-techniques-used.html :clap: for the effort of this blogger!

Aboorva sagotharargal-techniques used for short kamal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thF1rhW3HGQ

at 1.00 mins u may see kamal sitting in a box wit his leg moving... actually kamal was standing in box and there was another man inside box...he was lying upside down . . he left his legs outside and moves his head... which was shown as kamal himself was shakin legs
chk 1:20th second same trick was used

actually there was a shallow track like thing...
at 1:38th second if u see kamal will b walkin in a stage... if u see closely his frnds wont b walkin in same line.. they will b walkin a step ahead of him if u see kamals walkin style ull know... he is walkin inside a shallow block

at 1:45 kamal burried his legs inside the board... if u see there wont b any leg movement... just body movement

at 2:40 in snow set ull b seein kamal dancing wit women...same burrying technique was used

at 3:15 kamal will b moving towards back side wit heroine again if u see rubini wont b dancing in same link..she will b a steb beforehim and the shallow block was covered by snow

at 3:27 u will see kamal lying down an moving his legs... the point is kamal was lyin and he left his legs inside.. same way the person inside the box will b moving his hands... which shows kamal himself moving his legs

at 3:30 kamal burried himself half way and if u notice that particular area in sets will b raised a bit....half body of kamal is there and from the below bottom a man shakedhis hands as kamals legs

at 3:55 u can see kamal walkin side ways... same shallow concept was used but covered wit snow....his legs r in shallow block but wit discs link thing placed in his knees which has ballresess kinda thing for free movement

at 4:04 kamal will b shakin his hands alone without moving his legs..

most of all all over the song... camera will b showing only till his hip... and not below....

many keep sayin kamal tied his legs.... but that was for only few scenes which demanded... rest of it diff techniques r used

most imp thing.... if u see the movie all over.. no top angle shots will b used when kamal moves.... only shoulder height shots will b taken...if they used top angle shots while kamal dancing ull come to know abt that shallow track link thing..

Arvind Srinivasan
11th September 2012, 11:43 PM
^ Wow ....Thanks for sharing this sakala....

baroque
12th September 2012, 02:57 AM
என்னது இன்னிக்கு எனக்கு ஏவிஎம் குடும்ப செய்தியா இருக்கு!
3 -5 -60 நடந்த சரவணன், குமரன் திருமண ஆல்பம் பழைய குமுதமில் பார்த்துண்டு இருந்தேன்!
அழகா, பிரமாதமா இருந்தது!

இங்க இப்போ சோக செய்தி!
Condolences to the family!
Sorry kamal!

Vinatha

Plum
12th September 2012, 08:33 AM
sakala - yov andha blogger left handedA ezhudhi irukkAnyA - enakkoNNum illai. unga varalARu dhAn pAdhikkudhu. adhaiyum perumaiyA post paNrIr. As B(K) has been positing, Own goal expertyA neer. indha vishayathula enakku oNNum illai, unga thottam, nInga vARikkOnga, IR forumla enna own goal pOda pORIRonnu dhAn bayamA irukku :)

mappi
12th September 2012, 05:26 PM
Aboorva sagotharargal-techniques used for short kamal

I prefer these kind of technics to computer generated ones.
Good job Kamal.

Anban
12th September 2012, 05:44 PM
sakala - yov andha blogger left handedA ezhudhi irukkAnyA - enakkoNNum illai. unga varalARu dhAn pAdhikkudhu. adhaiyum perumaiyA post paNrIr. As B(K) has been positing, Own goal expertyA neer. indha vishayathula enakku oNNum illai, unga thottam, nInga vARikkOnga, IR forumla enna own goal pOda pORIRonnu dhAn bayamA irukku :) padikkum bothu thalai valikkuthu.. perusa innovation-nu nenachikittu, intha kodumaiyya seirraanga..

Cinemarasigan
13th September 2012, 09:30 AM
I prefer these kind of technics to computer generated ones.
Good job Kamal.

Competer grapics were not available that period..

app_engine
14th September 2012, 11:32 PM
Competer grapics were not available that period..

chummA adichchu vudAdheenga sArE...even I've used computer graphics in that period at my work :-)

geno
15th September 2012, 10:19 AM
But Post - 2008-09, Kamalhassan, knows he is walking on pretty slippery ground. I may or may not like/support what he might do with Viswaroopam, but am going to respect this guy for what he has stood up for all these years.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
15th September 2012, 01:21 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A2xT0fdCMAAqD_V.jpg:large

kumarsr
15th September 2012, 05:40 PM
Even here Rajini is prominently in the center. Idhu Eppadi Irrukku?

pushpak
15th September 2012, 06:25 PM
Even here Rajini is prominently in the center. Idhu Eppadi Irrukku?
Note that way. Kamal's pic is the first. Because in India we follow Left to Right order for reading .
;-)

kid-glove
15th September 2012, 06:45 PM
Keeping Rajini centrally in the equation makes it a close looped one, homoerotic contest in eloping each other's woman in so many different films, just as to impress one another & feelings they had for each other. Groucho would come up now with a sequence in 16V where RK wants to rape KH..

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
15th September 2012, 08:50 PM
Hero, Villain, Heroine.

P_R
17th September 2012, 11:02 AM
irir123,
adhaan solteengaLE. padam vandhadhukkappuRam pEsuvomE.

pushpak
17th September 2012, 11:54 AM
irir123,
adhaan solteengaLE. padam vandhadhukkappuRam pEsuvomE.
When??

pushpak
17th September 2012, 11:56 AM
Yesterday watched, 16 vayathinile, first 15 minutes of Vettaiyadu... and songs of Kakkichattai...
Great Sunday :)

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
17th September 2012, 05:44 PM
Pushpak
completes 25 years: Tinnu Anand, Amala go down memory lane

http://movies.ndtv.com/movie_story.aspx?Section=Movies&ID=268206&subcatg&keyword=bollywood&nid=268206

pushpak
17th September 2012, 06:07 PM
Pushpak

http://movies.ndtv.com/movie_story.aspx?Section=Movies&ID=268206&subcatg&keyword=bollywood&nid=268206

A real classic. Watch it now.. still fresh...

pushpak
17th September 2012, 06:09 PM
Pushpak

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
17th September 2012, 06:11 PM

You saying that is :thumpsup: !! Ennaa pEr porutham :lol: & Pushpak shoot location and ur location too same!

Cinemarasigan
17th September 2012, 06:16 PM
Pesum Padam is an Excellent film, but I don't think anybody will be interested in Remaking it..

P_R
17th September 2012, 06:29 PM
Pesum Padam is an Excellent film, but I don't think anybody will be interested in Remaking it.. nalla vELai

pushpak
17th September 2012, 07:58 PM
You saying that is :thumpsup: !! Ennaa pEr porutham :lol: & Pushpak shoot location and ur location too same!

Arguably my most favorite talaivar movie - in malayalam it was released as "pushpaka vimanam".
Did not run well there... 2-3 weeks only... So could watch only 6 times from theater

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
17th September 2012, 08:20 PM
Since u r in bangalore, try to join us during VR meet! :)

Srimannarayanan
17th September 2012, 09:03 PM
Since u r in bangalore, try to join us during VR meet! :)

Eppo Sakala?

pushpak
17th September 2012, 10:11 PM
Eppo Sakala?

answer = during VR meet
= around VR release
= by Dec 2012.. no no... Apr 2013.. or worst case Oct 2013... or 2014... or after Marudanayagam release....

:(

groucho070
18th September 2012, 02:19 PM
Kamal's FB post. I think this is genuinely him:

The Chicago teacher’s union strike is looming large. The teachers in India are also on strike. The plight and disrespect of Indian school teachers though is incomparable to the so called disrespect that Ms. Randi Weingarten of American Teacher’s federation is cribbing about. Poor public school teachers of America draw only 50,000 to 76,000 dollars. On a tangential or rather a lateral thought, the best way to improve Indian government schools would be to make it conditional for all government servants’ children to attend only government schools. A rule like that would make a sea of change to the government school environment. Of course the systemic corruption of politics and the educational system will cross pollinate and maybe produce an altogether different monster. Nevertheless, students of India will benefit.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
18th September 2012, 02:33 PM
Yes! He has started posting random things so this is the person in star coming out! silently! Another post/image in the same account http://www.facebook.com/kamalhaasan.theofficialpage

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/301151_430455756991683_1669374040_n.jpg