PDA

View Full Version : Khan Saheb Kamal Haasan's Jamaat/Jeba Koottam/Devasthaanam - Part 8

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17]

hattori_hanzo
9th September 2014, 12:39 PM
Can someone guess who this 'Maharaja' is? From his name, the description of his hairstyle and the term நாடகபாணி நடிப்பு, looks like Koodai Thalaiyan Chakkaravarthy (name given by our good old hubber Bala (Karthik)) and the NT movie in which he acted as 2nd hero is Rishimoolam (But this movie had KRV and not Sujatha or Srividya). Conpeesed.

“கமலஹாசனை ஃபீல்ட விட்டே விரட்டப்போறேன்.”
http://rprajanayahem.blogspot.com/2012/09/blog-post_6760.html

dell_gt
9th September 2014, 07:29 PM
Ram Muthuram Cinemas ‏@RamCinemas Sep 6
For Ulaganayagan Kamal Hassan's 60th Birthday ( Nov 7 )
a Special movie will be screened in your Ram Muthuram Cinemas !

Anban
10th September 2014, 10:31 AM
hattori, who is that guy ?

we need to form a SIT on this issue and file a report ASAP

hattori_hanzo
10th September 2014, 11:29 AM
hattori, who is that guy ?

we need to form a SIT on this issue and file a report ASAP

Lol..I'm still trying to figure out who that could be. If only the '2nd hero in NT movie' puzzle is solved, we can find him. I think he is Koodai Thalaiyan. Btw, went through some old posts in our hub by experts like Plum, groucho, P_R and came to know about another hilarious character - Kalthoon Thilakji. The posts made my day. I'm missing those jambavaans now.

Anban
10th September 2014, 02:00 PM
koodai thalaiyan photo please !!

Anban
10th September 2014, 05:11 PM
is he that fellow who acts as Rajini's younger brother in Padikkaathavan ?

ajaybaskar
10th September 2014, 05:15 PM
That's Vijay Babu. He still acts. Recently saw him in Uthama Puthiran

hattori_hanzo
10th September 2014, 10:39 PM
Anban, there you go...This is from Sigappu Rojakkal where he played the role of Vadivukkarasi's brother.

https://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/865869405.png?1410368489

hattori_hanzo
10th September 2014, 10:43 PM
That's Vijay Babu. He still acts. Recently saw him in Uthama Puthiran

Koodai Thalaiyan is Chakkaravarthy (shown above).

Rajini's brother in Padikkadhavan is Vijaybabu (father of actor Ramana) - another hilarious actor. He was ripped apart in Hari Giri Assembly interview. You wont believe, he actually told the producer, director and Rajinikanth called his number repeatedly and pleaded him to play the 2nd hero's role in Padikkaadhavan. Only then he accepted.

ajaybaskar
10th September 2014, 10:48 PM
Going by his looks, this guy would've sent both Kamal and Rajni out of the field. :)

avavh3
11th September 2014, 09:47 AM
is it rajesh? (achamillai achamillai)

hattori_hanzo
11th September 2014, 10:49 AM

Not possible UV. Rajesh acted as lead actor in many movies, some of them became hits, like 'Kanni Paruvathile', 'Andha Ezhu Naatkal'. Also he is close to Kamal.

Anyways, adha vidunga. Might be just a bluff. As I went through the other pages of this Rajanayahem's blog I found many accusations, kisukisus about TFI stalwarts especially Sivaji Ganesan, which are quite embarrassing. The tone here is condescending and he has not spared anyone. Doesn't look genuine to me.

Cinemarasigan
11th September 2014, 11:09 AM

Rajesh is a big fan of KH... During Kalaignan movie time he was about to sell his Bungalow to produce a Kamal movie. Kamal did not accept that and made him act in Mahanadhi...

avavh3
11th September 2014, 06:25 PM
(sorry if already shared)
‘He taught me to sing with abandon’
http://www.thehindu.com/multimedia/dynamic/02082/29FR-SIGAPPU_2082483f.jpg
Kamal Haasan recalls his association with Ilaiyaraja.

(This is the third part of a series of articles on Kamal Haasan’s tryst with the classical arts.)

And that’s how Kamal Haasan got to sing ‘Ninaivo oru paravai’ in ‘Sigappu Rojakkal’. Ilayaraja said he liked the way Kamal handled those high notes, and he asked Kamal to sing the song again. Kamal went, ‘One is the loneliest number...’ Ilayaraja was mentally translating this to ‘Pa pa pa pa pa pa pa...’, the humming that oozes through the interstices of the pallavi of the song.

“He used what I could give him,” Kamal Haasan told me, gently altering the sometimes-held image of the Isaignani as an iron-fisted dictator whose only inputs come from inside his head. He narrated how Ilayaraja, during a recording rehearsal, heard a nagaswaram player prepare for playing by blowing on the seevali, the reed mouthpiece at the top of the tube. This was incorporated into a musical stretch in ‘Hey Ram’, as Vasundhara Das character’s rendition of ‘Vaishnava janato’ segues into ‘Vaaranam aayiram’.

“I doubt the sound of the seevali being blown has been heard in cinema music,” Kamal Haasan said. “He’ll take what people can give him and produce these uncanny moments.”

Anyway, back to the recording session of ‘Ninaivo oru paravai.’ Afterwards, Ilayaraja told Kamal, “Hey, nalla irukku ya. Madhyanam paattayum neengale paadidunga.” (Hey, that’s great. Why don’t you sing the song we’re recording in the afternoon too?”) And that song turned out to be ‘Panneer pushpangale’ from ‘Aval Appadithaan’, a revelation that left me slightly weak-kneed. Considering Ilayaraja’s prolificity, logic dictates that this was something that happened all the time where that several songs would be recorded during the course of a day. But to imagine two... (there’s no other word for it) classics like these casually being tossed off without a huge amount of pre-planning... After all, the singer himself seems to have been roped in only after he sang the morning’s song...

I asked Kamal Haasan about the small gamakam, the melisma rather, in the first line of ‘Panneer pushpangale’ at ‘Raagam paadu’. I was curious whether it was the result of his improvising (based on his classical training) or whether it was how Ilayaraja had composed it. He said, “Raja knows how much will work. He’ll say, ‘Avvalavu vendam, konjam koraichukkunga.’ (That’s too much. Tone it down a bit.) And that makes it different from the usual gamakam. ‘Sundari neeyum’, he left it to me.”

Kamal Haasan hummed, perfectly, the downward slide of akaras that leads back to the pallavi. Ilayaraja told Kamal, “Ahn, sari, sari. Jamaai.” (Okay. Have fun.)

Kamal said that he considered Ilayaraja one of his gurus. “As with acting, there can be posturing in singing. He doesn’t like that. He’ll say, ‘Do what suits your voice. Don’t try to sing like others.’ Above all, he taught me how to sing with abandon. ‘Just relax,’ he’ll say. He taught me how to relax over the about 50 recordings I’ve done for him.” Kamal Haasan pointed to Sanyasa mantram in ‘Hey Ram’ where his voice is, as he put it, held back.

“It’s not about performing to an audience,” he said. “It’s a very personal thing.” Because of the camaraderie and the casualness with which these lessons were imparted, he didn’t realise then that they were lessons. “And that was a lesson as well,” he said, “the way it was taught in a very pedestrian manner, without major technical terms, very simply.”

(To be continued)

avavh3
11th September 2014, 06:26 PM
And more on the Ilaiyaraaja connection
http://www.thehindu.com/multimedia/dynamic/02092/Clipboard01_2092018f.jpg
The best part of these interviews were Kamal's impromptu launches into song – and he sounds exactly like how he does in the recordings, exactly.

(This is the fourth part in a series of articles on Kamal Haasan’s tryst with the classical arts.)

“After 1977 or so, I cannot recall going to another music director,” Kamal Haasan told me. The “I” threw me off, because he wasn’t exactly making movies then, merely acting in them – and the task of “going to a music director,” one assumes, falls on the person making the movie: the director. But Kamal was probably talking of a time when one could get as involved with the filmmaking process as one wished, when even an actor who’s only required to show up on the sets would show up at music sittings, with the director and the composer.

Kamal was present at a lot of music sittings with K. Balachander, in whose films he’d come to resemble a stock company actor. These sessions, Kamal said, helped him when he began directing films and began to tell the music director that this wasn’t quite what he was looking for, or that he wanted a tweak there. “My sessions with KB and Raja gave me that confidence.” So when he’s talking about not going to another music director after 1977 or so, he’s probably referring to ‘16 Vayadhinile’, which was the first film that had Kamal as the leading man and Ilaiyaraaja as the composer. It’s an association that lasted up to the mid-1990s, roughly, till which point the non-Ilaiyaraaja films were relatively rare. The high points are too numerous to recount. ‘Aattu Kutti Muttayittu’ in 1977, ‘Orey Naal Unai Naan’ in 1978, ‘Ninaithaal Inikkum’ in 1979, ‘Azhagu Aayiram’ in 1980, ‘Andhi Mazhai Pozhigiradhu’ in 1981...

Kamal Haasan spoke about the composing session for the latter, from ‘Rajapaarvai’, which he produced and which Singeetham Srinivasa Rao directed. “Singeetham kept asking Raja for more tunes. Those days, Raja would come up with many options. He made nine tunes, but I knew that the first one was the best and we eventually came back to it.”

Then he began talking about what seems to have become his favourite anecdote to illustrate his working relationship with Ilaiyaraaja. “The way the song ‘Inji Iduppazhaga’ came about is itself an exercise in knowing how an artist’s mind works,” he said. Ilaiyaraaja kept asking Kamal what he wanted... exactly. Kamal said he couldn’t say... exactly. “I said, ‘You have to be the paediatrician. The child does not know how to say what’s happening. You have to find out’.”

Kamal explained that it had to be a monotonous tune, a simple melody that kept looping back, like something that would air on Pappa Malar, the All India Radio show conducted by “Vanoli Anna” where children sang, often breathlessly. Ilaiyaraaja said, “That’s a good idea, but how do you make a populist song out of it? It will be a funny song, but how do you make a populist song?” And Kamal began to sing ‘Yeh Dil Deewana Hai’, the S.D. Burman number from ‘Ishq Par Zor Nahin.’

And, in front of me, Kamal Haasan launched into the Hindi song. This, I’m beginning to realise, was the best part of these interviews, his impromptu launches into song – and he sounds exactly like how he does in the recordings. After he finished, he said, “If it had been any other music director, Raja might not have listened. But he has a special respect for SD.” Ilaiyaraaja began to tap out a talam on the harmonium, and within 10 minutes, he had a variation on the S.D. Burman tune. The composing was done. Kamal Haasan told me, “It’s not like he was taking from the tune. He was taking from my need.”

For ‘Michael Madana Kamarajan’, Kamal wanted a song like ‘Margazhi Thingal’, a verse from Tirupaavai. “He came up with ‘Sundari Neeyum’. Again, it became his own composition because of the changes he made.” Yesudas was supposed to sing the song. Kamal used to “sing track” a lot those days, the equivalent of a temp track which would then be dubbed over by a Yesudas or an SPB. Because Kamal couldn’t always wait for their dates in order to have the finished song available during the shooting, he’d sing track and take the song along. Kamal told Ilaiyaraaja that he’d sing track for ‘Sundari Neeyum’, but Ilaiyaraaja insisted that he sing the final song.

Then, there was this time they were watching the Oscars, and a group (or maybe an individual; Kamal didn’t seem too sure about this) gave this performance where they beat their chests and sang. Kamal said he wanted something like that for ‘Aboorva Sagotharargal’. He got it. ‘Bababa... Bababari... Pudhu Mapillaikku...’ I asked him if he could single out a song he had to sing that was tough, more challenging than the others. But he refused to bite. He simply said, “The truth is that they all gave me easy songs. All my music directors have been kind to me. Raja especially saw to it that his songs were crafted around my capability.”

(To be continued)

avavh3
11th September 2014, 06:27 PM
Kamal and the art of screenplay writing
http://www.thehindu.com/multimedia/dynamic/01326/vbk-Kamal_jpg_1326515f.jpg
When I asked Kamal Haasan what kind of music he listened to, outside of work, he said, “Pretty much anything that comes my way – even dubstep, which (Gautami’s daughter) Subbulakshmi introduced me to.” He said he was most fond of neoclassical music, and he named the composer Alex North, who veered away from the traditional orchestral approach prevalent in Hollywood and incorporated other elements – jazz, for instance, in his score for ‘A Streetcar Named Desire’. (North went on to compose for well-regarded films such as ‘Spartacus’ and ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’).

“You can see those influences in my films,” Kamal Haasan said, “right from ‘Rajapaarvai’.” He then spoke about an “extraordinary neoclassical score,” a Hiranya Vadham kind of piece, which Ghibran has composed for the soon-to-be-released ‘Uthama Villain’.

“I am not a great fan of songs being part of the film, unless it’s a musical,” he said. “I think it’s high time for a bifurcation between music and cinema. It’s such a nuisance when we bring in songs. We have trained the audience like that. It takes a long time to make the audience understand that too much fried food is bad for you. They listen only if the doctor tells them. But now that the portion sizes have become small, they’ve begun to understand.”

We then spoke about his writing, and Kamal Haasan went into a flashback to when he must have been around 16. He and his brothers were waiting for their mother to serve them dosais and Charuhasan, on the spot, composed and sang this pastiche based on the tune of ‘Vettri meedhu vettri vandhu ennai saerum’, the popular MGR song from the 1970 film ‘Thedi Vandha Maappillai’.

“Dosai meedhu dosai vandhu ennai saerum,

Adhai vaarthu thandha perumai ellam unnai saerum,

Idli-oda chutney thandha annai allavo,

Idhu oosugindra dosai enbadhu unmai allavo.”

This is impossible to translate with its flavour intact, but the point Kamal Haasan was making was that, as with music, writing too was all around him in that household. “Charu anna would be composing these funny lines and singing them to the tunes of the latest Tamil film songs. Much later, RC Sakthi made me write. My friend Puviarasu made me write. Great poets such as Gnanakoothan encouraged me to write.” Even Raghu Rai could be added to that list, for Kamal Haasan said that poetry and photography are very important hobbies that a screenwriter should have, because they make you think of succinct ways of saying what you have to say. “I’m a great fan of Raghu Rai. Each photograph of his tells you a whole story. A little higher up, a different angle, and it’s a whole new story.”

RC Sakthi, who would go on to direct films such as ‘Dharma Yudhdham’ and ‘Sirai’, told Kamal very early in their association, “You are a screenwriter.” He thrust a 40-page notebook in Kamal’s hand and told his friend to start writing his screenplay. This was around 1970-71. Kamal started writing something called ‘Ninaivugal’ for a short film. Sakthi liked it and asked Kamal to join him as co-writer on ‘Unarchigal’, a film he was planning about the sexual misadventures of a teenager. Kamal, who would play this protagonist, came up with the title. The film was supposed to be a quickie, released in 1972.

But it got embroiled with the Censor Board over its content, which was fairly explicit for the time. The 1972 roster of the Tamil film industry included ‘Agathiyar’, ‘Dheivam’, ‘Annai Abirami’ and ‘Sakthi Leelai’. The story of a teenager who contracts a sexually transmitted disease must have been a bit of a stretch. ‘Unarchigal’, finally, made it to the screens in 1976.

(To be continued)

oyivukac
11th September 2014, 07:21 PM
கமலுடன் ட்ரிபிள் ட்ரீட்!! இசையமைப்பாளர் ஜிப்ரான்!!

http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y492/rhavichandran/10606329_10203778460355822_4617558549327599187_n_z psfd0981cf.jpg (http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/rhavichandran/media/10606329_10203778460355822_4617558549327599187_n_z psfd0981cf.jpg.html)

இளையராஜாவுக்கு அப்புறம் கமல் உங்க மீதுதான் அபார நம்பிக்கை வெச்சிருக்கார்போல..?''
நெஞ்சில் கைவைத்து பணிவாகச் சிரிக்கிறார்... ''அந்த மேஜிக் எப்படி நடந்ததுனு எனக்கே ஆச்சர்யம்தான். அவர்கூட வேலை பார்க்கிற ஒவ்வொரு நாளும் பெர்சனலா நிறையக் கத்துக்கிட்டே இருக்கேன்.

கமல் சார்கூட டெல்லியில் முதன்முதலா 'விஸ்வரூபம்-2’ படத்துக்காக டிஸ்கஷன் போனப்போ, ரொம்ப நெர்வஸா இருந்தேன். 'உட்காருங்க ஜிப்ரான்’னு கையைப் பிடிச்சுப் பக்கத்துல உட்காரவெச்சுக்கிட்டார். 'உங்க மியூசிக் எனக்குப் பிடிச்சிருந்தது. உங்களைப் பத்தி தெரிஞ்சுக்க ஆசைப்படுறேன். ஒரு மியூசிக் டைரக்டரா இல்லாம, சாதாரண ஜிப்ரானா பேசுங்க’னு சொன்னார்.

குடும்பம், படிப்பு, இசைக்கு எப்படி வந்தேன்னு நான் சொல்லச் சொல்ல, எல்லாத்தையும் கேட்டார். பார்த்தா... முழுசா ரெண்டு மணி நேரம் ஆச்சு. அப்புறம்தான் என் கூச்சத்தை, தயக்கத்தைப் போக்கி கொஞ்சம் நான் சகஜமான பிறகுதான், 'விஸ்வரூபம்-2’ படத்தை எனக்கு ப்ளே பண்ணார்.

படம்... செம மிரட்டல். இந்தியா முழுக்க பல மாநிலங்களில் நடக்கிற கதைங்கிறதால, எந்த இடத்துல என்ன மாதிரியான பேக்ரவுண்ட் வெச்சுக்கலாம்னு கேட்டார். என் பதிலில் அவருக்கு ரொம்பவே திருப்தி. 'இப்பவே ஒரு பாட்டுக்கு கம்போஸிங் உட்கார்ந்தா என்ன?’னு கேட்டார். 'தாராளமா சார்’னு நம்பிக்கையா சொன்னேன்.
கடகடனு கால் மணி நேரத்துல பாட்டு எழுதிட்டார். ஒரு கிளாசிக்கல் கர்னாட்டிக் பாடலை அவர் பாட, உடனே கம்போஸ் பண்ணோம். அப்படியே அடுத்தடுத்த பாடல்களுக்கும் வேலை நடந்துட்டு இருந்தப்ப, ஒரு நாள் ரமேஷ் அரவிந்த் சாரை எனக்கு அறிமுகப்படுத்தினார். 'உத்தம வில்லன் புராஜெக்ட்ல ஜிப்ரான்தான் மியூசிக் டைரக்டர்’னு அவர்கிட்ட சொன்னார் கமல் சார். டபுள் சந்தோஷத்துல ஷாக் ஆகிட்டேன்.

'உத்தம வில்லன்’ வேலை பார்த்துட்டு இருக்கிறப்பவே, ' 'பாபநாசம்’ படமும் நீங்கதான் பண்றீங்க’னு சொன்னார். இந்தத் தடவை எனக்குப் பேச்சே வரலை. இப்பவும் எல்லாமே ஏதோ மேஜிக் மாதிரி இருக்கு. கமல் சார் ஆபீஸில் சிலர், 'உங்க மியூசிக்கை சார் ரொம்ப ரசிச்சுப் பாராட்டினார்’னு சொன்னப்போ இன்னும் சந்தோஷமா இருந்தது. கமல் சார்கூட ஹாட்ரிக் எனக்கு. இந்த மூணு படங்களிலும் ஒவ்வொரு கோர்ஸ் படிச்ச அனுபவம் கிடைச்சது!''

Russellbpw
11th September 2014, 10:31 PM
திரி நண்பர்களுக்கு....முக்கிய தகவலாக இருப்பதால் திரும்பி வரும் சூழ்நிலை....இந்த செய்தியை முடிந்தவரையில் உங்கள் சுற்றம், நண்பர்கள் அனைவரிடமும் பகிர்ந்துகொள்ளுங்கள் !

காவல் துறை முக்கிய அறிவிப்பு ! நூதன கடத்தல் !

http://i501.photobucket.com/albums/e413/subbuchennai/Capture_zps2550aa27.jpg (http://s501.photobucket.com/user/subbuchennai/media/Capture_zps2550aa27.jpg.html)

RKS

avavh3
12th September 2014, 08:15 AM
HH in continuation to 'maharaja' news, can it be Rajeev (kaadhal kottai) or Ramki (inainda kaigal)
mandaiye vedichidum pola irukke!

ajaybaskar
12th September 2014, 08:19 AM
Ramki doesn't have curly hair and IIRC didn't act with Sivaji

avavh3
12th September 2014, 08:51 AM
vijaykumar? he is same age of KH (but he gave many hit movies)
im sure about the 'jalra' director..it is Abhavanan. in one interview after 'tholvi nilaiyena ninaithal' super hit song, he mentioned ppl say my lyrics resembles kannadasan!

hattori_hanzo
12th September 2014, 12:20 PM
Aabhavanan was quite successful. The actor should be Chakkaravarthy only. Sari vidunga. Papanasam stills amarkalama irukku. Looks like a big treat for us!

avavh3
12th September 2014, 01:42 PM
link pl

Russellpei
13th September 2014, 01:47 PM
Now (@1.30pm) Sathyaa on Kalaignar TV
http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y492/rhavichandran/sathya_zps4c6c1cbf.jpg (http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/rhavichandran/media/sathya_zps4c6c1cbf.jpg.html)

hattori_hanzo
13th September 2014, 02:09 PM
link pl

http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?11133-UlagaNayagan-KAMALHAASAN-in-quot-PAPANASAM-quot-Directed-by-Jeethu-Joseph/page8

venkkiram
14th September 2014, 11:05 PM
From Twitter:

Unseen still of Kamalji with Sarika ji in the movie Raj Tilak

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxdvL9RCUAEBvg8.jpg

venkkiram
17th September 2014, 09:48 AM
இருவாரங்களுக்கு முன்பு ஒரே நேரத்தில் வீடு மற்றும் அலுவலகத்தில் ஒரே தளத்தில் இன்னொரு இடத்திற்கு இடம்பெயர்ந்து விட்டேன். இருந்தும் பழைய வீடு இருக்கும் இடம், அலுவலக இடம் இரண்டையும் பதிந்துவிட்ட நினைவுகளால் மறக்கமுடியல. என்னையும் அறியாமல் சில நேரங்களில் எட்டிப் பார்த்துவிடுகிறேன். பழைய வீட்டில் வேறு யாரும் இன்னும் குடியேறவில்லை. ஆனால் அலுவலக பழைய இடத்தில் ஒரு புதியவர் அமர்ந்துவிட்டார். அவருக்கு நான்தான் அங்கு அமர்ந்து வேலைபார்த்தேன் எனத் தெரியாது. இரு நாட்களுக்கு முன் அங்கு சென்றபோது "How can I help you?" எனக் கேட்டுவிட்டார். சட்டென ஹேராம் படத்தில் அபர்ணா நினைவில் இருந்து மீளாமல் சாகேத்ராம் தான் வசித்த வீட்டின் கதவை தட்டியபோது ஒரு மலையாளி "Yes How can I help you? What can I do for you?" எனக் கேட்பது ஞாபகத்திற்கு வந்தது. தட் "சரீரத்திற்கும் ஆத்மாவுக்கும் இருக்கிற உறவு" மொமென்ட்.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=HnWIW-y83Bg#t=4009

joe
17th September 2014, 08:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTqd0OrnZfE

avavh3
19th September 2014, 04:01 PM
Kamal discovers Kuchipudi
http://www.thehindu.com/multimedia/dynamic/02113/19fr-kamal_jpg_2113746f.jpg
Kamal and RC Sakthi wrote a lot of screenplays. None of them were made into films. “We fumbled,” Kamal Haasan told me. “I think I became better due to my close association with Ananthu.”

Ananthu was a screenwriter, rapacious world cinema buff and a close associate of K. Balachander, and his contribution to Kamal’s career is well-known. ‘Hey Ram’, in fact, opens with the dedication: “Dear Ananthu Saab, thank you for directing me towards this direction.” Ananthu was the one who began to tell Kamal about the rules of screenwriting. Kamal discovered the French film critic André Bazin, the blacklisted Hollywood screenwriter Dalton Trumbo. “I became a great fan of Trumbo without knowing who he was.”

Kamal, with similar-minded friends, used to watch every foreign film that came his way, mostly through film festivals. He liked Bergman’s ‘The Touch’ very much. And ‘The Voyeur’ with Marcello Mastroianni and Virni Lisi. And Antonioni’s ‘The Passenger’. And Schlesinger’s ‘Midnight Cowboy’. And Arthur Penn’s ‘Alice’s Restaurant’.

“All these films affected us,” Kamal Haasan said. “We started picking up stuff.” They would keep talking about these films, and they began to be regarded as “Anglo-Indian” by the local industry. Among the many people to whom Kamal told the stories he had in his head was Balu Mahendra. “Those guys were working in the European format.”

I asked Kamal Haasan to point out some of the “stuff” he’d picked up from these films. He thought for a while and mentioned the tracking shots in the early portions of ‘Guna’. He said he was a great fan of Max Ophüls, the legendary German filmmaker who made ‘The Earrings of Madame de...’ and who was known for complex tracking shots. Then he smiled and said, “We can use these ideas, at most, in a scene or two. Our films can’t take much more. If you bring these ideas in wholesale, then you’ll become like John Abraham, who was ostracised and kept outside the commercial sector.” He was referring to the Malayalam filmmaker known for avant-garde works such as ‘Agraharathil Kazhuthai’ and ‘Amma Ariyan’. “That’s a good thing actually, that’s a great state to be in. But it’s a rather lonely and dire state for a filmmaker.”

The story of Kamal Haasan as a dancer begins when Kamal was 12, a time his mother thought that he would be thrown out of school, the third one he was admitted into. One evening, she took him to a Kuchipudi recital at the Museum Theatre. The boy, who’d grown up with Bharatanatyam, was fascinated. Kamal Haasan told me, “I think it was the exotic form of somebody dancing on a plate.”

After the performance, while waiting for the bus at the stop on Pantheon Road, Kamal’s mother asked him if he’d liked the performance. He asked her why there was no alarippu. She explained to him the difference between the dance forms. Suddenly, he told her he wanted to learn dance. She said they’d talk about it in the morning.

The next morning, Kamal woke up, brushed his teeth, wiped his face on her pallu, and told her again that he wanted to learn dance. She asked him if he was sure. He was. She thought about it. She didn’t want to send him to classes where he’d have to stand in a queue. She wanted private tuitions from someone she could afford. This turned out to be M.S. Natarajan. He was into theatre, an actor and a fan of ‘Sivaji’ Ganesan, but he had also trained in the same school as Kamal’s sister, the Pandanallur bani. “He was not a teacher in the strict sense,” Kamal Haasan said, “but he had a repertoire that could help young children get acquainted with dance.”

Classes began. But they were at Ashok Nagar, and Kamal’s mother felt that the boy was travelling too far from their Eldams Road home. The first solution was to shift the classes to the large hall at home. Then Natarajan told Kamal’s mother, “Your son is learning very well. If I could get a small place to stay in your house with my wife, I could be on attendance at any time.” Kamal Haasan smiled at the memory. “He was right, because I was totally neglecting school. I was always in the dance class. And it had nothing to do with all the girls in the class.”

(To be continued)

irir123
20th September 2014, 09:34 AM
proof that Kamal is much more than just a star, actor/artiste - he is a visionary in his own way:

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/09/18/world/asia/pakistan-al-qaeda-navy-attack/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

oyivukac
20th September 2014, 09:45 PM
http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y492/rhavichandran/10704963_516949288442496_1661851982_n_zps3b74b669. jpg (http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/rhavichandran/media/10704963_516949288442496_1661851982_n_zps3b74b669. jpg.html)

Anban
20th September 2014, 09:46 PM
http://charuonline.com/blog/?p=1635

:lol:

joe
20th September 2014, 10:33 PM
http://charuonline.com/blog/?p=1635

:lol:

ஆக்சுவலா இந்த சாரு மெண்டலா அல்லது சாரு எப்படி பல்டி அடிச்சாலும் அவரு பெரிய அப்பாடக்கருண்ணு தூக்கி அலையுறவங்க மெண்டலாண்ணு தெரியல்ல . இவரு அவரு படைப்பை விமரிச்சாராம் ..அலோ.. படைப்பைத் தாண்டி கமல்ஹாசனை தனிப்பட்ட விதத்தில் வசையும் நக்கலும் செய்து இந்தாள் எழுதுனதை பல முறை படித்தாகி விட்டது ..இப்போ எதுக்கு நெஞ்சை நக்குகிறாராம் ?

Anban
21st September 2014, 09:07 AM
Because Kamal made Jeyamohan write dialogues for his movie. He is feeling that why he does not get such opportunities .

Cinemarasigan
22nd September 2014, 09:54 AM
ஆக்சுவலா இந்த சாரு மெண்டலா அல்லது சாரு எப்படி பல்டி அடிச்சாலும் அவரு பெரிய அப்பாடக்கருண்ணு தூக்கி அலையுறவங்க மெண்டலாண்ணு தெரியல்ல . இவரு அவரு படைப்பை விமரிச்சாராம் ..அலோ.. படைப்பைத் தாண்டி கமல்ஹாசனை தனிப்பட்ட விதத்தில் வசையும் நக்கலும் செய்து இந்தாள் எழுதுனதை பல முறை படித்தாகி விட்டது ..இப்போ எதுக்கு நெஞ்சை நக்குகிறாராம் ?

என்ன நடக்கிறது என்று தெரியாமல், உங்கள் பின்னாலிருந்து ஒருவர் சாருவைத் தெரியாதா என்று கேட்க, இன்னொருவர் இரண்டு இண்டர்நேஷனல் ஸ்டார்களுக்கு ஒருவரை ஒருவர் தெரியாதா என்று குரல் கொடுத்தார். யார் என்று எனக்குத் தெரியவில்லை.

Charu -- international Star ?? :lol:

oyivukac
22nd September 2014, 07:35 PM
ரஜினி அல்ல... கமலுடன் நடிக்க விரும்புகிறேன்: குஷ்பு பதில்

நடிகை குஷ்பு
மீண்டும் ரஜினியுடன் நடிக்க மாட்டேன் என்றும், கமலுடன் நடிக்க விரும்புகிறேன் என்று ட்விட்டர் பக்கத்தில் நடிகை குஷ்பு கூறியுள்ளார்.

தமிழ் திரையுலகினரைப் பொறுத்தவரை, ட்விட்டர் பக்கத்தில் எப்போதுமே தீவிரமாக இயங்குபவர் குஷ்பு. தன்னைப் பற்றி எந்த ஒரு செய்தி வந்தாலும், உடனுக்குடன் பதில் தருவது, கருத்துக்கள் தெரிவிப்பது என தொடர்ச்சியாக இயங்கி வருகிறார்.

ட்விட்டரில் தன்னைப் பின் தொடரும் ரசிகர்களின் கேள்விகளுக்கு சனிக்கிழமை பதிலளித்தார். 'ரஜினியுடன் மீண்டும் நடிக்க வாய்ப்பு வந்தால்?' என்ற கேள்விக்கு 'மாட்டேன்' என்றும், 'கமலுடன் 'த்ரிஷ்யம்' தமிழ் ரீமேக்கில் நடிக்க வாய்ப்பு வந்தால்' என்ற கேள்விக்கு 'ம்ம்ம்ம்ம்ம்ம்...' என்று பதிலளித்து இருக்கிறார்.

மேலும் அவரது சில பதில்களின் தொகுப்பு:

"தற்போதைக்கு மீண்டும் அரசியலில் நுழையும் திட்டமில்லை.

என்னுடைய பார்வையில், இன்றைய இளைஞர்கள் தொழில்நுட்பத்தில் தவறான பாதையில் செல்கிறார்கள்.

கார்த்திக் நடித்ததில் மெளன ராகம் மற்றும் அக்னி நட்சத்திரம் ஆகியவை மிகவும் பிடித்த படங்கள்.

சுந்தர்.சி இயக்கத்தில் தயாராகி இருக்கும் 'மதகஜராஜா' திரைப்படம் வெளிவருவதற்கான அறிகுறிகள் இல்லை."

இவ்வாறு குஷ்பு வெவ்வேறு கேள்விகளுக்கு பதிலளித்துள்ளார்.

Russellpei
24th September 2014, 07:10 PM
A cave named after a film here
it is One and Only Guna Cave named after Kamal Haasan's Guna the movie....
a different kind of recognition..
http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y492/rhavichandran/10616246_700186350075600_9056619476389764727_n_zps 65c828c9.jpg (http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/rhavichandran/media/10616246_700186350075600_9056619476389764727_n_zps 65c828c9.jpg.html)

Russellpei
24th September 2014, 07:41 PM
An Intersting video about Kamal to watch..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHptaUwggmM#t=24

venkkiram
25th September 2014, 08:47 AM
From ‏@KamalHaasanFans

Chevalier Sivaji about KH!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ByWPm4eCcAArqcS.jpg:large

Cinemarasigan
25th September 2014, 09:53 AM
An Intersting video about Kamal to watch..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHptaUwggmM#t=24

Interesting Mashup video from Sun TV...

Russellpei
25th September 2014, 10:12 PM
Evergreen Romantic Song - Kamal & Rathi Agnihotri in Ek Duje Keliye

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGKDBhdxn6c

oyivukac
26th September 2014, 06:49 PM
'அலசல்: ஆஸ்கர் ஆட்டம் ஆரம்பம்'.... தமிழ் தி ஹிந்து கட்டுரையின் பகுதி..

கமலும் ஆஸ்கரும்

1987 முதல் 2000 வரை மட்டும் 7 தமிழ்ப் படங்கள் ஆஸ்கருக்கு அனுப்பப்பட்டுள்ளன. இந்த 14 ஆண்டுகளில் கிட்டத்தட்ட சம அளவில் தமிழும் (7), ஹிந்தியும் (6) தேர்வாகியுள்ளன. கடந்த 1993-94-ம் ஆண்டுகளில் இரண்டு இந்திப் படங்கள் தேர்வானால் அடுத்து வந்த 1995-96-ல் இரண்டு தமிழ்ப் படங்கள் தேர்வாகியிருக்கின்றன! ஆஸ்கருக்கான தேர்வு என்கிற வகையில் தமிழ் சினிமாவுக்குப் பொற்காலம் அது.

ஆஸ்கரை ஒரு கட்டத்துக்குப் பிறகு கடுமையாக விமர்சிக்கத் தொடங்கிய கமல ஹாசன் நடிப்பிலும் எழுத்துபூர்வ பங்களிப்பிலும் உருவான ஏழு படங்கள் இதுவரை ஆஸ்கருக்கு அனுப்பட்டுள்ளன. இந்தப் பெருமை வேறு எந்த இந்திய நடிகருக்கும் இல்லை. கமலுக்கு அடுத்த இடத்தில் வருகிறார் அமீர் கான். அவரது நடிப்பிலும் தயாரிப்பிலும் உருவான நான்கு படங்கள் ஆஸ்கருக்குத் தேர்வு பெற்றிருக்கின்றன.

1985 முதல் 2000 வரை கமல் நாயகனாக நடித்த ஏழு படங்கள் ஆஸ்கருக்குத் தேர்ந்தெடுக்கப்பட்டன. கமலின் ஆஸ்கர் கனவு தீவிரமாக இருந்த காலகட்டம் அது. இருந்தாலும் குணா, மகாநதி, அன்பே சிவம் போன்ற கமலின் சிறந்த படங்களுக்கு ஆஸ்கர் அங்கீகாரம் கிடைக்காமலே போய்விட்டது.

வெகுஜனத்தன்மை, கலையாளுமை இரண்டும் அமையப்பெற்ற மணிரத்னத்தின் நாயகன், அஞ்சலி ஆகிய படங்கள் ஆஸ்கருக்குத் தேர்ந்தெடுக்கப்பட்டதில் ஆச்சரியமில்லை. ஆனால் ஜனரஞ்சகமாக மட்டுமே திரைப்படங்களை எடுக்கும் ஷங்கரின் இந்தியன், ஜீன்ஸ் ஆகிய படங்களும் ஆஸ்கர்வரை போய்விட்டுத் திரும்பியதுதான் ஆச்சரியம்.

இதுவரை இரண்டு மலையாளப் படங்கள் மட்டுமே ஆஸ்கருக்குப் பரிந்துரைக்கப்பட்டன. ஸ்வாதி முத்யம் என்ற ஒரேஒரு தெலுங்குப் படம் ஆஸ்கருக்குத் தேர்வாகிச் சென்றதில் டோலிவுட் தப்பித்தது. ஆனால் கன்னடத் திரையுலகுக்கு ஒருமுறைகூட இந்தக் கவுரவம் கிடைக்கவில்லை.

ஆச்சரியகரமாக 2000-க்குப் பிறகுதான் தமிழில் வித்தியாசமான முயற்சிகள் அதிகம் நடக்கின்றன. ஆனால் கடந்த 15 வருடங்களில் ஒரு தமிழ்ப் படத்தாலும் ஆஸ்கர் பக்கம் எட்டிப் பார்க்க முடியவில்லை. அதனால் என்ன? காலம் கனியக் கூடும்

Russellpei
27th September 2014, 11:41 AM
தமிழ்த் திரைப்பட நகைச்சுவை நடிகர் நாகேஷ் பிறந்த நாள் (செப்டம்பர் 27, 1933 - ஜனவரி 31, 2009)

#`நாகேஷ் என் வாழ்வில் நட்சத்திரமாக, மூத்த அண்ண்ணாக அறிவுரை சொல்லும் நண்பனாக, அறிவுரை கேட்கும் அப்பாவியாக, சொல்லிக் கொடுத்த ஆசானாக, சொல் பேச்சுக் கேட்கும் மாணவனாகப் பல பொறுப்புகளை ஏற்றிருக்கிறார்’ என்று சொன்னவர் கமலஹாசன்.

# ‘பஞ்சதந்திரம்’ ஷூட்டிங், உணவு இடைவேளையில் கமல் சிக்கனை முள் கரண்டியால் குத்திக்கொண்டு இருந்தார். அருகில் இருந்த நாகேஷ் கேட்டார், `கோழி இன்னும் சாகலையாப்பா?’

#`தசாவதாரம்’ கடைசி நாள் ஷூட்டிங்குக்கு வந்து நடித்துக் கொடுத்தவர் கடைசியாகச் சொன்ன வாக்கியம் `என் கடைசிப் படம் நல்ல படம். I am honoured–டா கமல்!’

hattori_hanzo
28th September 2014, 01:26 PM
This is the still which I had mentioned long back. The story which was initially written was later changed. Even the shirtless fight scene in Mudhalvan was actually planned for Indhian. People seen below look like some native horsemen.

"Netraiya Kutram, Indraya Nyaayam, Naalaya Sattam"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ByW22ffCQAAv_ti.jpg

oyivukac
1st October 2014, 06:08 PM
Same Hero...Same Film..Same City but in different language,
if it became SUPER HIT, that would be only Kamal Haasan's films
1. Marocharitra (Telugu) - Ek Duje Ke Liye (Hindi)
2. Moondram Pirai (Tamil) - Sadama (Hindi)
Places where : Chennai, Bangaluru, Mysore, Coimbatore, Salem, Trichy, Madurai & Hyderabad.

http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y492/rhavichandran/10338471_755690957800967_8516430477274106496_o_zps 173de135.jpg (http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/rhavichandran/media/10338471_755690957800967_8516430477274106496_o_zps 173de135.jpg.html)
(Kamal Haasan Records FB)

Russellpei
1st October 2014, 06:37 PM
இன்று மகா கலைஞன் நடிகர் திலகத்தின் பிறந்த நாள்..
http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y492/rhavichandran/devar-magan_zpsa5fc111c.jpg (http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/rhavichandran/media/devar-magan_zpsa5fc111c.jpg.html)

Russellpei
2nd October 2014, 10:26 AM
...I have invited nine people and asked them to come to public places and work towards a Clean India. I ask them to invite 9 more people.
I have invited Mridula Sinha ji, Sachin Tendulkar, Ramdev, Salman Khan, Kamal Haasan, Shashi Tharoor, Priyanka Chopra, Anil Ambani and team of Tarak Mehta Ka Oolta Chashma and asked them to invite 9 others..... (Excerpts of PM's speech)
http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y492/rhavichandran/clean_zps267aad39.jpg (http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/rhavichandran/media/clean_zps267aad39.jpg.html)

oyivukac
2nd October 2014, 11:41 AM
...I have invited nine people and asked them to come to public places and work towards a Clean India. I ask them to invite 9 more people.
I have invited Mridula Sinha ji, Sachin Tendulkar, Ramdev, Salman Khan, Kamal Haasan, Shashi Tharoor, Priyanka Chopra, Anil Ambani and team of Tarak Mehta Ka Oolta Chashma and asked them to invite 9 others..... (Excerpts of PM's speech)
http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y492/rhavichandran/clean_zps267aad39.jpg (http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/rhavichandran/media/clean_zps267aad39.jpg.html)
சொர்க்கம் என்பது நமக்கு சுத்தம் உள்ள வீடு தான்
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knrr8-m7IRs

dell_gt
2nd October 2014, 12:37 PM
that's great!!

dell_gt
2nd October 2014, 01:13 PM
Ram Muthuram Cinemas ‏@RamCinemas 10m10 minutes ago
Ulaganayagan Kamal Hassan's birthday trailer played during #Yaan interval !! Mass response for that

Russellpei
2nd October 2014, 01:57 PM
Ram Muthuram Cinemas ‏@RamCinemas 10m10 minutes ago
Ulaganayagan Kamal Hassan's birthday trailer played during #Yaan interval !! Mass response for that

In Nellai?

dell_gt
3rd October 2014, 07:58 AM
Kamal Haasan #CleanIndiaCampaign

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2LMwMoEJLA&feature=youtu.be

NOV
3rd October 2014, 08:19 AM
102 pages?!!!!

Can any Kamalahassan fan open the next part please?