PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Sivaji Ganesan to the younger generation

NOV
17th February 2012, 12:41 PM
He is one of the legends who cast his magic spell on Tamil cinema for 50 years. There is no Tamil actor ever - then and now even in future - could live and be successful without inheriting some of his DNA codes. Nadigar Thilagam Sivaji Ganesan is the man who inspired the careers of almost all the present generation actors. Even Rajinikanth and Kamal Haasan proved their mettle to enter films by reproducing Sivaji Ganesan's dialogues in films. There is no actor who has not recited his dialogue for his first offer.

Such was the impact his films had on their generation. Though he walked in style, smiled in style, wept in style, one important factor that contributed to the success of Nadigar Thilagam was his dialogue delivery. The thespian's voice and diction trained actors in dialogue delivery in films.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This begins an article on Nadigar Thilagam Sivaji Ganesan. You can read the whole article here: http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/58766.html

Just as Gandhi was eulogised, Sivaji Ganesan also fits in "Generations to come, it may well be, will scarce believe that such a man as this one ever in flesh and blood walked upon this Earth."

Rakesh and I have been talking about starting this thread, basically to introduce Nadigar Thilagam to the younger generation, ie those of the 80s and later. Most of them would only know Mudhal Mariyadhai, Devar Magan and possibly Padaiyappa. But the man is a much bigger legend than what was shown in those movies.

Personally, I have seen many among today's youth having keen interest in his movies, and some like our Varun has even asked for recommendations. Many are shocked that Sivaji has done a film like Andha Naal, back those days.

Thus the purpose of this thread is clearly to recommend films done by the thespian, which would appeal to today's youths. Let us together take you on a magical journey!

VinodKumar's
17th February 2012, 12:45 PM
Gnana oli oda reaction ah ?

NOV
17th February 2012, 12:49 PM
To know Sivaji is to love Sivaji....!

Like in Facebook, I have summarised Sivaji Ganesan's life in the movies, as a TIMELINE.
All the facts have been compiled from various sources from the Internet (and amended where necessary).

1 Oct 1928 – The birth of Viluppuram Chinnaiah Pillai Ganesan Manrayar (VC Ganesan) to railway worker, Mr. Chinnaiah and Ms. Rajamani Ammal.
Father arrested on day of his birth for anti-British campaign

1935 – Aged seven, first acted on stage in a touring stage company without his father’s knowledge

1938 – At 10, he ran away from home and joined a drama troupe in Trichy. There he learned acting and began training in Bharatanatyam, Kathak and Manipuri. He started memorising lengthy dialogues and this made him a hero of the troupe.

1946 - At the age of 18 he was offered the role of Maratha king Chatrapati Sivaji, for a play authored by C.N. Annadurai – a role that was rejected by M.G. Ramachandran (MGR), at the last moment. He acted as the leading character in the stage play Shivaji Kanda Hindu Rajyam and amazed everyone including E. V. Ramasamy, who confered him the name "Sivaji" which stuck to his name for the rest of his life.

1950 - Sivaji Ganesan lent his voice to Mukkamala Krishna Murthy, a Telugu actor, for a Tamil film, Niraparathi.

1952 – History was made when Sivaji Ganesan debuted in cinema as an actor at the age of 24. Since then Parasakthi has attained cult status and his delivery of social dialogues penned by M. Karunanidhi, remains examples of fine acting even today.
All these for just 250 Rupees per month!

1952 - At age 24, Ganesan married hs cousin’s daughter, Kamala at Swami Malai at a cost of 500 Ruppees! They had four children, Ramkumar, Prabhu, Shanthi and Thenmozhi.

1954 – In the days of 24 songs per movie, Andha Naal was produced with no songs. The Kurusowa style of story-telling and Sivaji playing a traitor role, is outstanding even by today’s standards.
In the same year, at the age of 26, he co-starred with M. G. Ramachandran in Koondukkili where he played the antagonist.

1957 - Seven films released in one year, averaging more than one film every two months!

1960 – At 32 he became the first Indian actor to get an award for Best Actor for the film Veerapaandiya Kattabomman at the Afro-Asian Film Festival held in March 1960 at Cairo. Since then he has taken on political roles such as Kappalottiya Thamizhan, Vanchinathan, Tiruppur Kumaran, Bhagat Singh, etc.

1962 - Bale Pandiya shooting started on the second of the month and completed on the twelfth. A world record of just 11 days, where he donned THREE roles! During that period it was common for him to work 20 hours a day on three shifts (7am-1pm), (2pm-9pm), (10pm-5am).

1962 - Sivaji Ganesan was presented the golden key to Niagara Falls City and made the 'honorary mayor' of the city for one day.

1964 – By the age of 36, he had completed 100 films, donning nine roles in the historic movie Navarathri! He had also established a film production company, Sivaji Productions, and started Shanthi Theatres.
Mythology was his speciality and he brought the heroes to live in many of his portrayals as epic characters like Harichandra, Karna, Bharatha, Narada, Appar, Nayanmars and Alwars. Thiruvilayaadal, Thiruvarutselvar, Saraswati Sabatham, Harichandran, Thirumal Perumai and Karnan could never have been what it were without Sivaji Ganesan

1966 –Spanning genres like epics to crime thrillers; from romantic escapades to comic flicks and action flicks, Ganesan has done it all, earning him the title of Encyclopaedia of Acting. Recognising his contributions to the film industry, he was awarded Padma Shri by the Government of India.

1968 – A woman-dominated story Thillaana Mohanambal, and without a single song in it for him, Sivaji made history with his method acting. All these at the age of 40!

1970 – At age 42, he stepped into Bollywood when Sivandha Man was remade in Hindi as Dharti.
During his time, he had acted under acclaimed directors like Krishnan-Panju, T. R. Sundaram, A. P. Nagarajan, L. V. Prasad, B. R. Panthulu, T. Prakash Rao, A. Bhim Singh, K. Shankar, A. C. Tirulokchandar, C. V. Sridhar, P. Madhavan, K. S. Gopalakrishnan and K. Vijayan.

1972 – Vasantha Maligai, one of Sivaji’s biggest blockbusters, was released.

1973 – At the age of 45, he acted as father and son in the very one man show, Gourawam!

1979 – Sivaji’s 200th film Thirusoolam was made when he was 51 years old where he donned three roles. The movie went on to become a blockbuster.

1984 – Awarded highest order of Padma Bhushan by the Government of India

1985 – At the age of 57, he found romantic love in Bharathiraja’s Muthal Mariyathai which won him a Filmfare Award and Tamil Nadu State film Award for Best Actor.

1986 – Honorary doctorate from the Annamalai University

1992 – Seven years after MM, then aged 64, he acted in with Kamal Haasan in the critically acclaimed Thevar Magan which won him a Special Mention Award at the 40th National Film Awards.

1995 - The mayor of Columbus City, Greg Lashutka, honored him by making Sivaji Ganesan a a 'Honorary Citizen' of Columbus City. On the same occasion the mayor of Mount Vernon read out and gave him a special welcome citation. The 'Columbus Tamil Sangam' was formulated on that day, and Ganesan was made the honorary president of that association.

1995 – He received the Chevalier, the Order of Arts and Literature ('Chevalier dans ordre des Arts et Letters') by the Ministry of Culture, Government of France (it's highest civilian award), for his contributions in the field of Arts and Literature in France and all over the world.

1997 – Dadasaheb Phalke Award from the national body and the Kalaimamani Award from the Government of Tamil Nadu

1999 – His last film, at the age of 71 was Padaiyappa where he acted as the father of Rajni Kanth.

21 July 2001 - At the age of 73, the great instituition called Sivaji Ganesan came to rest.
However, his memories and his films live on, forever and ever!

NOV
17th February 2012, 12:52 PM
Gnana oli oda reaction ah ?not really... the idea came last year when KV wanted to know about Andha Naal and any other significant movies by Nadigar Thilagam.
As clearly indicated by you, today's youth, the interest for NT will never wane. :)

VinodKumar's
17th February 2012, 12:58 PM
not really... the idea came last year when KV wanted to know about Andha Naal and any other significant movies by Nadigar Thilagam.
As clearly indicated by you, today's youth, the interest for NT will never wane. :)

My dad is a great fan of him. Adikadi he use Sivaji's dialogue. Vaaram pooram sambaricha kaasa sunday oru naal la 3 show paathu theethuruvaaram.

P.S - Avaru fanaticism alavu kadanthu poi naa chinna payana irunthappa Prabhu voda ella padamum enaa kootitu poi paaparu :| School pasanga Rajini padam pathi pesikitu irupaanga naa prabhu padatha pathi pesa vendi irrukum :lol: (nothing against Prabu but school kaalathula Raja Kaiya vacha , Agni Natchathiram , Paanchalankurichi , Paandithurai lam enakku othu varala :) )

Murali Srinivas
17th February 2012, 01:30 PM
Thanks NOV for doing a meticulous job as always!

Let the likes of KV and Vinod grow! [I remember Vinod talking about his Father's passion even when he was new to the hub]

Regards

Btw, Will the target audience come to classics section?

NOV
17th February 2012, 01:37 PM
Btw, Will the target audience come to classics section?I believe they will. See Vinod? :)
When one looks for classics, they would come here.

satissh_r
17th February 2012, 01:43 PM
My dad is a great fan of him. Adikadi he use Sivaji's dialogue. Vaaram pooram sambaricha kaasa sunday oru naal la 3 show paathu theethuruvaaram.

P.S - Avaru fanaticism alavu kadanthu poi naa chinna payana irunthappa Prabhu voda ella padamum enaa kootitu poi paaparu :| School pasanga Rajini padam pathi pesikitu irupaanga naa prabhu padatha pathi pesa vendi irrukum :lol: (nothing against Prabu but school kaalathula Raja Kaiya vacha , Agni Natchathiram , Paanchalankurichi , Paandithurai lam enakku othu varala :) )

I can relate to what are saying :) Enaku pala naal kalaila suprabathame old Sivaji songs than, not that I did not like it.

NOV
17th February 2012, 01:45 PM
satissh, how can one NOT like suprapatham? :D
MS ;)

satissh_r
17th February 2012, 01:47 PM
satissh, how can one NOT like suprapatham? :D
MS ;)

Agree NOV, only problem I had with it was that he played it even on Sundays at 6am :|

Murali Srinivas
17th February 2012, 01:51 PM
NOV, I admit but my point was to make them visit frequently. But with you and Rakesh there to streamline it, I am sure the interest will be sustained!

Regards

NOV
17th February 2012, 02:07 PM
Interestingly when I watched this movie as a kid , almost everyone came down heavily on this movie. Sivaji's acting was dubbed as loud and garish and termed as 'overacting'. I shared that opinion too as I was a kid and knew nothing better.

Recently when I watched this movie again, I was spell bound. So perfect was the histrionic talent of the great thespian chevalier Sivaji.

Right from the first frame of the movie until the very end Sivaji delivers. No words to describe his talent. The nine stars of this movie are for Sivaji and Sivaji alone. This movie is an instructive lesson in acting.
The above quote is from young fan. Guess the movie.... :D

rsubras
17th February 2012, 02:38 PM
common misconceptions about Sivaji among younger generation (of 90's, 00's, 10's)

overacting, over emotional, cliched, always crying etc.,

i think reason for these are partly due to the cliched mimicry artists (the select films they do for mimicking Sivaji), other actors who tried to ape of Sivaji's emotional scenes acting (most famous is that Sumathyyyyyyyy scene from Thrisoolam)

mgb
17th February 2012, 03:11 PM
Good thread Velan :thumbsup: if the younger generation wants to take a dip in the Shivaji Ocean, they should not shy away from watching black and white films.. i strongly believe the best of Shivaji Ganesan movies were black and white

mgb
17th February 2012, 03:22 PM
How do you smoke a cigarette and also sing a full song and enjoy both without compromise?
Watch "yaar andha nilavu" song in the film "Shanthi"
Watch how much time he has got to take the cigarette to his lips and then to take back.. still he would do that with ease, without hurrying, enjoying the puff and most importantly would not miss the timing of the lyrics.. you've got to watch to believe that :thumbsup:

NOV
17th February 2012, 06:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNs7PllbJgg

SoftSword
17th February 2012, 07:12 PM
ennadhu introducing'a?
appo naan yeng illayaa?? :(

nov, oru korikkai...
for all the must watch movies, it would be good if you guys share any good online print/good quality torrent...
i mean only the must watch movies... and rate with 5 stars if possible :)

and i like b/w movies too... adhula irukkura oru vidhamaana color enakku pudikkum...

SoftSword
17th February 2012, 07:21 PM
1999 [/B]– His last film, at the age of 71 was Padaiyappa where he acted as the father of Rajni Kanth.

I think the finishin note was good enough..
where he dies with pride even in the movie as well...

otoh, there is another observation...
while Kamal and Rajini who had Sivaji to do the father roles in DevarMagan and Padayappa, they showed him fall dead, and there follows a funeral scene... on the screen they fulfilled their wish to kolli vechufying as his son...
last week when i watched dhaavani kanavugal... the movie by itself sounded like a tribute to SG...
while he was introduced, there was a title card saying nanri to SG something...
and KBR intentionally does not show Sivaji dead and he did avoid the complete sequence... and in the last shot when he was shown, he was shown as Nethaji in the mirror with a immortal look there is another title card... he wisely avoided any sequence which says he dies, as he chose make his character to be remembered as immortal with the nethaji's face.

anybody noticed?

NOV
17th February 2012, 07:21 PM
nov, oru korikkai...
for all the must watch movies, it would be good if you guys share any good online print/good quality torrent...
i mean only the must watch movies... and rate with 5 stars if possible :)

and i like b/w movies too... adhula irukkura oru vidhamaana color enakku pudikkum...

enakku 60s padangalOda eastman color romba pidikkum.
altho I agree with ganesh on the superiority of the b/w movies, I would like to introduce some color movies such as Gouravam, Thanga Pathakkam, Enga Mama, etc.

on torrents, sorry I only watch on TV. Its very easy to get in India and very cheap too. :D

SoftSword
17th February 2012, 07:23 PM
Indhiyaala illaadha anbargalukkaaga.

NOV
17th February 2012, 07:25 PM
Indhiyaala illaadha anbargalukkaaga.I would suggest, send a PM to Murali who would be happy to oblige, I am sure. Of course you need to bank in the amount required. :)

SoftSword
17th February 2012, 07:34 PM
the point is, the thread wants to introduce which by itself u make some effort for people who are not readily get to know SG...
so if the thread also maintains a db of must watch movies and their links, it would be of great help to access things easily whereas sending pm and getting a print is cumbersome and people choose not to do it.

P.S: I am the people.

P.S: naalu perukku nalladhu nadakkanumnaa edhuvum thappilla...

PARAMASHIVAN
17th February 2012, 07:52 PM
My fav actors have always been NT/Rajni then followed by kamal and so on. NT is the most versatile actor I have ever known (from my knowledge), his gambheeram, simma kural and dialogue delivery/modulation is unmatchable!

Here are few of my NT favourites, for philosophical reasons my most favourites NT films have always been mythological/Devotional.

1) Karnan
2) Thiruvizhaiyadal
3) Thiruvarutchelvar
4) Paga pirivinai
5) anda naal
6) navarthri
7) Pasa malar
8) Vietnam Veedu
9) Aalaiya Mani
10) Pattikada Pattanama
11) Devar magan
12) Veera pandiya kattaboman
.... to be continued!

NOV
17th February 2012, 08:21 PM
vadivel, I will never recommend anyone to watch movies illegally.... if you buy DVDs, the sales will go up and when demand grows, the popularity and fame will naturally follow.
idhu thaanE namakku vEnum ;)

SoftSword
17th February 2012, 08:26 PM
u win some, u lose some
i thot the intention of the thread is to let people know how great he was and not just to increase the popularity.. young generation'ku avaroda padangala kondi sekkradhudhaan kolgai'nu nenachu kaeten...
yaaro sonnaanga, what is popular is not always good and what is good is not always popular...

nemba length'a podhu...
anyway, thats jus a korikkai.

NOV
17th February 2012, 08:31 PM
a perfect end to this ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA50A8TqeRM

SoftSword
17th February 2012, 08:32 PM
dont u think this is just the begining :)

SoftSword
18th February 2012, 12:25 AM
How do you smoke a cigarette and also sing a full song and enjoy both without compromise?
Watch "yaar andha nilavu" song in the film "Shanthi"
Watch how much time he has got to take the cigarette to his lips and then to take back.. still he would do that with ease, without hurrying, enjoying the puff and most importantly would not miss the timing of the lyrics.. you've got to watch to believe that :thumbsup:

avaru andha puffa fulla enjoy panna maadhiri therila... aana neenga romba enjoy panni paatthirukkeenganu theriyudhu... puff'ayum... paattayum...

Balaji.r
18th February 2012, 12:41 AM
1999 – His last film, at the age of 71 was Padaiyappa where he acted as the father of Rajni Kanth.

Last movie was Poo Parikka Varukirom, isnt it? Parashakthi mudhal Padaiyappa varai

SoftSword
18th February 2012, 12:43 AM
filmography:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sivaji_Ganesan_filmography

padayappa page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Padayappa

NOV
18th February 2012, 05:12 PM
What a timing! Now you can watch Sivaji's extravaganza - the original of Rajni Kanth's Thalapathy - on the big screen!!!

Sivaji Ganesan epic to hit big screen again

Five decades after its release, Sivaji Ganesan’s magnum opus Karnan is set to wow audiences all over again. This time aided by technology.

Karnan has become the first Tamil film, and the third in the country, to be digitally re-touched.
Mughal-e-Azam (Hindi) and Mayabazar (Telugu) are the first two.

The digitally enhanced version of Karnan is expected to hit the screens in about two weeks. Trailer release has been slated for February 21.

“Karnan is a movie I grew up with. I wanted the present generation to inculcate its values. That is the basic idea in re-releasing the film,” said Shanthi Chokkalingam of Divya Films.

The digital enhancement has taken about three years. Technicians used digital intermediate technology and converted it to scope format to suit theatres of today. DTS 5.1 surround technology has been employed to improve sound quality of the film.

That the year is centenary of Karnan director B.R. Panthulu is nothing but “providential coincidence”.

“We hope to re-release the film worldwide and in at least 50 theatres in the state,” said Shanthi.

For younger-generation Sivaji fans such as Madhuvanthi Arun, the re-release is a rare opportunity. “I have watched it umpteen times, but always regretted the fact that I could not watch my all-time favourite Karnan on bigger screen in all its grandeur. I think this is fantastic,” she said.

I can't wait to watch it on big screen! :clap: :clap: :clap:

sathya_1979
19th February 2012, 08:01 AM
uLLEn aiyya!

Balaji.r
19th February 2012, 08:35 AM
What a timing! Now you can watch Sivaji's extravaganza - the original of Rajni Kanth's Thalapathy - on the big screen!!!

I can't wait to watch it on big screen! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Same here :clap: Hope it releases in good screens.

Murali Srinivas
19th February 2012, 09:06 PM
Balaji,

Don't worry. If all goes well, Karnan would be getting screened at Shanthi, Sangam, Sathyam and Kamala. As of now the Charting is like this. Again it depends on the release date in the sense, the distributor is eyeing the window between March 15th and April 14th. March is a month of examinations and post April 14th, new films and IPL are there. So they are trying their level best to overcome both these odds.

Regards

joe
19th February 2012, 10:11 PM
last week when i watched dhaavani kanavugal... the movie by itself sounded like a tribute to SG...
while he was introduced, there was a title card saying nanri to SG something...

"இமயத்தோடு இணைவதில் பெருமையடைகிறோம்"

selvakumar
19th February 2012, 10:58 PM
I love his lighthearted movies more than his serious ones. Kalatta kalyanam, Sabash meena, Thaavani kanavugal, Sumathi en sundari (thanks to Saradha's intro post in NT thread for this one) etc. I have seen more movies after reading the posts in the NT thread.

NOV
20th February 2012, 06:17 AM
:thumbsup: Selva.. I was going to recoomend some of his light films first....

Murali, will Karnan enjoy a worldwide release (adhavadhu malaysia la release aagumaa?)

vasudevan31355
20th February 2012, 09:00 AM
வரப்போகும் சூரியனே! எங்கள் மாமன்னன் கர்ணனே! வருக! வருக!

http://filmreviews.bizhat.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Karnan-Movie-Stills-7.jpg

http://filmreviews.bizhat.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Karnan-Movie-Stills-9.jpg

http://filmreviews.bizhat.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Karnan-Movie-Stills-2.jpg

http://filmreviews.bizhat.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Karnan-Movie-Stills-4.jpg

http://filmreviews.bizhat.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Karnan-Movie-Stills.jpg

http://filmreviews.bizhat.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Karnan-Movie-Stills-8.jpg

http://filmreviews.bizhat.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Karnan-Movie-Stills-5.jpg

http://gallery.cinesick.in/wp-content/gallery/karnan-movie-stills/karnan-movie-009.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_8laEmBP_LOo/Sk6yKuJXgMI/AAAAAAAAAf0/vE3KfGcGBj8/s1600/swqlnt.jpg

அன்புடன்,
வாசுதேவன்.

vasudevan31355
20th February 2012, 09:33 AM
http://lh3.ggpht.com/-xYrt0CSWuLA/TON3pXgO6-I/AAAAAAAAF98/8QYLZUVpmt8/s352/karnan.jpg

http://www.indopia.com/imagerepository/a/20120206110744.jpg

http://www.buycinemovies.com/images/detailed/Karnan-dvd.jpg

http://123tamilforum.com/imgcache2/2011/10/a924890apng-1.jpg

http://123tamilforum.com/imgcache2/2011/10/a2e1d3cdpng-1.jpg

http://123tamilforum.com/imgcache2/2011/10/5aeddf33png-1.jpg

http://123tamilforum.com/imgcache2/2011/10/009ae6d7png-1.jpg

அன்புடன்,
வாசுதேவன்.

Murali Srinivas
20th February 2012, 08:48 PM
:thumbsup: Selva.. I was going to recoomend some of his light films first....

Murali, will Karnan enjoy a worldwide release (adhavadhu malaysia la release aagumaa?)

It is going to be a world wide release. May be it will release in Tamilnadu first and later other states/countries screening would be taken up. As of now the person who had done this, Mr.Chokkalingam has been given only the rights for theatrical release in TN. Raj TV, the negative owner has not given the other rights, it seems. Anyhow while I attend the function tomorrow, will try to get some info on this.

Regards

J.Radhakrishnan
20th February 2012, 08:56 PM
well done,

very good job, congratulations to Mr.Nov & Mr.Ragkesh

Radhakrishnan

PARAMASHIVAN
20th February 2012, 08:57 PM
Murali sir

When is Karnan re - releasing ? Is it being shown in UK ? I have seen this movie so many times on DVD, never had a chance to see it on big screen, as I did not exist when the movie was released. It would be awesome to see my favourite movie on big screen!

Murali Srinivas
20th February 2012, 09:39 PM
Dear Raghu,

Will update you shortly the release dates and the proposed screening in UK etc. As of now the Tamilnadu screening is tentatively fixed as March mid.

Regards

PARAMASHIVAN
20th February 2012, 09:42 PM
Dear Raghu,

Will update you shortly the release dates and the proposed screening in UK etc. As of now the Tamilnadu screening is tentatively fixed as March mid.

Regards

Many thanks Murali sir :)

Balaji.r
20th February 2012, 10:58 PM
Thanks for the update Murali Sir. Would be watching Karnan on big screen .

NOV
21st February 2012, 06:29 AM
Anyhow while I attend the function tomorrow, will try to get some info on this. Thanks Murali
The last Sivaji film I saw on the big screen in the early 80s was Puthiya Paravai!

VinodKumar's
21st February 2012, 10:04 AM
NOV , Yethavathu oru padam suggest pannunga download panni pakkuraen intha weekend.

May be a silly question - Sivaji yethavathu action movie nadichirukaara like in MGR line ?

NOV
21st February 2012, 10:13 AM
its not really silly Vinod, avarum avar pangukku sila action moviesla nadicjirukkaru, tho those are not to my liking.

I suggest you watch Thanga Pathakkam this weekend. It traces a story of a righteous police inspector whose dot comes from his own son!

groucho070
21st February 2012, 11:15 AM
I love his lighthearted movies more than his serious ones. Kalatta kalyanam, Sabash meena, Thaavani kanavugal, Sumathi en sundari (thanks to Saradha's intro post in NT thread for this one) etc. I have seen more movies after reading the posts in the NT thread.
Perfect way to start enjoying NT.

My wife is a good example. From Rajini/Madhavan tamil films only non-fan, she started watching with me these films. Then, films that had element of humour in it, than the serious ones.

If you have seen the comedy, you'd be surprised to find humour even in his serious films. The pa-varisai films for instant has energetic spontaneous humours if not from NT, but from the co-stars which make watching the films even more enjoyable.

Who would have guessed that my fav APN film of his, Saraswathy Sabatham, could be so funny. Only watching it with her made me even giggle silly.

So, Selva did the right thing. Start from comedy. Don't go to Muthal Mariyathai and Devar Magan and stop there. Those are nothing compared to brilliant job he did way back when he started in Parasakhti.

Thanks for starting this thread NOV. I'll see if I can contribute here.

joe
21st February 2012, 12:45 PM
Sivaji yethavathu action movie nadichirukaara like in MGR line ?
Thanga Churangam

RAGHAVENDRA
21st February 2012, 02:49 PM
Thank you NOV for this thread and Rakesh. It's really a great service to NT you're doing and my hearty appreciations to you. I don't know in what way I would contribute, but shall try my level best.

Before that wanted to share the joy we all felt during the launch of Karnan DI trailer. Reproducing my posting in the NT main thread.

21.07.2011 அன்று தன் பூதவுடலை மட்டும் அனுப்பி விட்டு நம்முடன் இருக்கும் நடிகர் திலகம் இறவாப் புகழுடன் சிறந்து விளங்குவதை மீண்டும் நிரூபித்த நிகழ்ச்சி, இன்று நடைபெற்ற கர்ணன் முன்னோட்ட வெளியீட்டு விழா. எத்தனை காரணங்கள், சிவராத்திரி, அமாவாசை, வார நாள், முற்பகல் என அத்தனையும் மீறி திரளான மக்கள் வந்திருந்து மிகச் சிறப்பாக நடத்திய விழா, எங்கள் நடிகர் திலகத்திற்கென விழா வென்றால் மற்றவையெல்லாம் எமக்கு எம்மாத்திரம் என மக்கள் திரண்டு வந்து வரவேற்பளித்த விழா. வந்திருந்தோர் அத்தனை பேரும் முதலில் வியந்தது அந்த திரளான மக்களைத் தான் என்றால் அது மிகையில்லை. காலை 8.55க்குத் தொடங்கி சுமார் 11.10 வரையில் இரண்டு மணி நேரமும் போனதே தெரியவில்லை. வருகை தந்த படத்தில் பங்கு பெற்ற கலைஞர்கள் மூத்த கலைஞர் வி.எஸ். ராகவன், சண்முக சுந்தரம், மாஸ்டர் ஸ்ரீதர், பின்னணி இசைக் கலைஞர்களில் மெல்லிசை மன்னர் டி.கே.ராமமூர்த்தி, பி.பி.ஸ்ரீநிவாஸ், மற்றும் பந்துலு அவர்களின் புதல்வர் ரவிசங்கர், புதல்வி விஜயலட்சுமி, விநியோகஸ்தர்கள், ஆநந்தா பிக்சர்ஸ் சுரேஷ், கமலா திரையரங்கு உரிமையாளர் சிதம்பரம், மற்றும் வி.சி.குகநாதன் உள்ளிட்டோர் பங்கேற்றுப் பேசினர். பிரைட்டன் திரையரங்கில் என்தம்பி திரைப்படத்தை 40000 க்கு அனுமதி பெற்று வெற்றியுடன் ரூ 1 லட்சத்தை சம்பாதித்ததை நன்றியுடன் நினைவு கூர்ந்த விநியோகஸ்தரின் கூற்று உண்மை என்றுமே மறைக்க முடியாது என்பதை நிரூபித்தது.

வந்திருந்த ரசிகர்களின் ஆரவாரம் அன்பு சகோதரர் ராம் குமார் வருகை புரிந்த போது விண்ணதிர வைத்தது என்றால் அது உண்மை. ராம் குமார் வடிவில் ரசிகர்கள் நடிகர் திலகத்தைப் பார்க்கிறார்கள் என்பது இன்று நிரூபணம் ஆனது.

நிகழ்ச்சியை சிறப்புற தொகுத்து வழங்கிய திரு மகேந்திராவும் வார்த்தைக்கு வார்த்தை உணர்ச்சிப் பிழம்பாய் உருகிய சேரன் அவர்களும் ரசிகர்களின் இதயத்தில் நீங்கா இடம் பெற்று விட்டனர்.

முன்னோட்டத்தின் காட்சிகள் பிரம்மாண்டம் என்றால் என்ன என்பதற்கு விளக்கம் அளிப்பது போல் சிறப்புற அமைந்துள்ளன. ஒலியமைப்பு மிகவும் அற்புதமாய் அமைந்தது மட்டுமின்றி, தெளிவாகவும் இருந்தது தொழில் நுட்ப வல்லுநர்கள் எந்த அளவிற்கு கடுமையாக உழைத்துள்ளனர் என்பதற்கு எடுத்துக் காட்டு.

இவ்வளவு பெரிய அளவிற்கு இப்படத்தை அடுத்த தலைமுறையினருக்கு கொண்டு சேர்க்கும் முயற்சியில் ஈடுபட்டு அரும் பாடு பட்டு உழைத்துள்ள திரு திவ்யா பிலிம்ஸ் சொக்கலிங்கம் அவர்களுக்கு நம் அனைத்து ரசிகர்கள் சார்பாகவும் உளமார்ந்த நன்றி.

மாதிரிக்கு சில படங்கள் இங்கே

http://moviegalleri.net/wp-content/gallery/digitally-restored-karnan-trailer-launch/sivaji_karnan_movie_trailer_launch_0316.jpg

http://moviegalleri.net/wp-content/gallery/digitally-restored-karnan-trailer-launch/sivaji_karnan_movie_trailer_launch_0443.jpg

http://moviegalleri.net/wp-content/gallery/digitally-restored-karnan-trailer-launch/sivaji_karnan_movie_trailer_launch_0527.jpg

மற்ற படங்களுக்கு (http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=karnan%20trailer&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CEIQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmoviegalleri.net%2F2012%2F02%2Fsi vaji-karnan-movie-trailer-launch-stills.html%3Fpid%3D175641&ei=-lVDT9PFN4zOrQf2kMmvBw&usg=AFQjCNHCAKp-OdbzwrR_zS0ZOqXYzlHf5w)

groucho070
21st February 2012, 02:56 PM
Don't know why I am credited Raghavendra sir and Vasudevan sir, but NOV started this.

Anyway, here's something (http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/50444.html) I wrote two years ago that might arouse your... curiosity. Curiosity! jeez guys....

Sivaji Ganesan & The Sadists

I'll reproduce it here if you are lazy to open new link or are alergic to IndiaGlitz:

We all know what a great onscreen performer Sivaji Ganesan was. Having played many roles in films directed by directors so many, it is easy to assume that Sivaji or Nadigar Thilagam (loosely translated as Greatest Actor & abbreviated in online forums as NT) seriously requires many entries in the Guinness World Book of Records. As such, I want to put claim to the amount of sadistic physical & emotional torture his characters had to endure in that list...while at the same time put the directors responsible in the stand.

Let's start with his first film itself, Parasakthi, directed by Krishnan Panju team. As soon as the rich, beaming youthful and very handsome NT finds himself in the home soil of Chennai, he was duped, robbed rendered penniless and later became mentally unsound. The final blow came when he had to attack the temple priest. If the conscientious torture of having committed a crime is not enough, he had to be brought to the court and in that famous moment, he had to recount the entire incident again to the bemused judge and crowd. NT was only 24 at that time.

I don't think any other Tamizh film stars have had their characters endure such a predicament in the first role itself. Well, Rajini comes close. In Apoorva Raganggal, he appears towards the end in an extended guest role as a leukaemia patient who returns only to see his former wife frolicking with a dude much younger than hotter looking than him. Also, he dies standing.

In his first leading role afterwards, Mundru Mudhichu, he successfully becomes the killer, indirectly, of the same younger hotter looking dude to reclaim his girl only to find that she got married to his own dad. Poor bloke.

As a matter of fact, this was not the first time we got such a plot. The first victim of that nefarious plot of having your hot chick getting hitched by your daddy was none other than....yes, Nadigar Thilagam Sivaji Ganesan. Ethirparaathathu was an experimental flick written by maverick filmmaker, Sridhar. And he had to get NT's girl married to his dad, played by Nagaiyah who always seemed like he would anytime keel over clutching his heart. Sridhar's atonement would be to put NT in an action flick, Sivantha Man. Safe and sound this time, except when NT was shot at, almost maimed, had fisticuff with various henchmen and was almost ran over by helicopter. But that's another story.

When the filmmakers decide to go extra creative and borrow from elsewhere, they can find rich resources in the classic plays and novels from the west. Both MGR and NT hijacked Alexandra Dumas' tales in the successful Nadodi Mannan and Uthama Puthiran, the latter which saw the second NT's head caged in metal mask.

But before those hits, the producers decided to have our own version of Hamlet and chose to film the hit play Manohara. Playing the title character, NT was brooding, in conflict with the palace authorities & towards the climax he has to be chained like a dog and listen to P. Kannama over emote. Well, at least it was not Vijaya Kumari.

Anyway, those are just few of what happened to NT. I would like to pin the directors down in this article. Let's pick a fight with B.R. Bandhulu first. With humble beginning as small time hack director, Bandhulu took the whole world (yes, the world) by storm when he directed Veera Pandiya Kattabomman (VPK) that earned NT best actor award in an Afro-Asia Film Festival held in Egypt. Kattabomman, the role that many swear was NT's best, constantly had to fight verbally and physically with white faced fellow Indian actors and deliver some ear shattering heart pounding dialogues, the delivery alone more powerful than the swords he swished. Now, how does Bandhulu end this film? With the hanging scene of course.

Fresh from the success of VPK, Bandhulu directed Karnan, a single viewpoint piece taken from the epic myth, Mahabaratha. NT's title character gets dumped in the river as a baby, grows up to be a warrior under a horse rider's tutelage, gets humiliated at a royal court, end up being pally with someone you don't even want to have tea with, fight against his own brothers, and end up getting killed. This is not after he had to cut off the very things that will protect his life, his ear ring (more elaborate type) and body shield....yes, they were attached to his body. During the climactic battle scene, he had about three hundred gazillions of arrow struck on him. Geez. When one of his brothers from the opposite camp, Arjunan, comes running along crying that he had murdered his own brother, his aide/Chariot Rider/mentor Lord Krisha smirks and tells Arjunan something to this effect: "Dude, your brother was, like, dead several scenes ago?? Halloo?". Thanks Bandhulu.

If you think that I am being unfair to Bandhulu wait till I tell you a tale of comedy. Yes, comedy. Bandhulu decides to make a comedy and you all know how brilliantly funny Bale Pandiya was. Think again. First time we see NT, he is about to commit suicide from a tower. And then, you get a second attempt, only to be saved by the super gorgeous Devika. If you think things are safe for this NT, wait till you learn what awaits the villain NT (three roles remember?). The Maruthu character hardly moves, if so he just walks towards the camera, adjusts his lungi and smokes his beedi. That's it. He hardly does anything, unlike the notorious MR Radha character, his boss. What happens to this NT? Of course, he got shot at the end. Comedy.

Here's more about getting shot, with bullets since they deposited all the arrows they had in Karnan. Director T.R. Ramanna will forever be remembered for bringing both MGR and NT together in Koondu Kili, where naturally the first scene was that of NT attempting to commit suicide. But that's another story. Well, Ramanna resurfaced a decade later when he directed NT in Tannga Churanggam. This film was his answer to the spy flick craze that was hitting worldwide thanks to the success of James Bond films. NT gave our own OO7, Jai Shanker, a run for his bullets, appearing cool, stylish but not without some emotional moments. Just when you thought all would be safe, he is given electricity jolt halfway, and worst, at the time when singing duet mean open space and beautiful garden, our man was given only a small water well to have a duet with his date. Then, all seemed to be safe and sound till the climax. When NT hunts down the bad guy (Ramdass) in a church...of all place...he gets shot at both his hands AND legs. Hey, even Hollywood make do with a single shot in either the hero's leg or arm, for Eastwood's sake.

Well, similar slug-related fate naturally awaited NT when he was cast in multiple roles. This time in a beautiful film called Navarathiri, directed by the gifted director A.P. Nagarajan, NT was made to take on 9 roles and the cruel thing was no rubber prosthetics was involved. Kidding. Well most characters are well and healthy; we then meet the brutish NT with a rifle, sling belt full of bullets, really looking very fiery and what happens to him? He gets shot and takes a really long time to die, trashing his feet about till they slowly stopped. Gruesome scene. I bet Savithiri was genuinely horrified that moment. Then, we meet few more NTs till towards the end when here comes crawling, literally on his four a leper. Who played this leper? Your guess is as good as mine. But that's another story.

Single role or multiple role, number does not matter. All has to suffer. Just ask director A.C. Thirulogachander. Remember Bheem Singh's plot twist involving acid thrown at NT's face in Pava Manippu and permanently scarring it? (It also had Nagaiyah playing NT's dad who still looked like he would keel over clutching his heart, except that he was propped to the wall by a humongous Quran) Well, inspired ACT had not one, but two NT's in Deiva Magan to have a really brutish nasty facial scar. Given away to orphanage as a child and originally intended to be killed by the scar-faced dad, NT Jr had to endure enough psychological trauma before at the climax where even the director felt enough is enough and had him take in more than one slug in his belly. Oh, Nagaiah again plays NT's dad and this time dies without keeling over and clutching his heart.

Another director not a stranger to onscreen gunshot wound is P. Madhavan. How can we forget the unnecessary death of the lead character in Rajapart Ranggathurai, where someone puts in real bullet in the gun used for a stage play in which NT, as stage actor Ranggathurai, plays a freedom fighter. Yes, P. Madhavan was also the director of Tanggapathakkam, in which NT plays Inspector Chowdary, whose defiant son goes to the other side of the fence, leaving him with a crippled wife who dies heartbroken. This time it is not NT, but his onscreen son Srikanth who gets the bullet. Who does the shooting? NT of course, but his own son...the trauma he has to live through is worst than death.

And so we saw all that from the 50s to the end of 70s, NT was blinded, half blinded, crippled, shot at, attacked, made to be alcoholics, given various psychological trauma, not forgetting silly costumes (late 70s) and preposterous wigs, and other horrific stuff like being paired with Sri Priya. It's staggering that NT the person remained the sane intelligent man right till the end.

One could go on and recall onscreen traumas mentioned above. But it is perhaps having been through these predicaments throughout the entire 50s, 60s & 70s, that the immune audience failed to give proper emotional response to NT in his 80s films, even though he suffered regularly onscreen, with his characters having multiple heart attacks, dying conveniently to spruce up bad script or sharing the screen with nightmare child Baby Shalini. But history is there to show the sadistic directors and scriptwriters had in their hand a brilliant artist who was willing to suffer in front of the camera. And being fans of this magnificent actor, we too are perhaps, equally, sadistic. But that's another story.

Ends.

By:

Rakesh Kumar, Malaysia.

rsubras
21st February 2012, 03:43 PM
sorry, oru chinna doubt......... intha thread kum film thread la irukkara Sivaji thread kum basic ah enna vithiyasam............ that is a thanga churangam in itself in terms of the loads of information and rare news etc., and also detailed film discussions........

Plum
21st February 2012, 04:13 PM
"Or had to share screen space with baby shalini" - jesus! The worst horror of all that you listed :lol:

Plum
21st February 2012, 04:17 PM
This will be more "youthful" Subras. It is to attract younger generation like Vinod etc. You, ofcourse, by virtue of having appreciated the original thread, automatically join the oldies list :)

rsubras
21st February 2012, 04:49 PM
ithellam too much ah therilae @ Plum :) I am at least 5-7 years younger than you...........

classics than oldies varuvaanga nu inga yaaro sonnapla.......... appadiye paarthalum antha thread ku than niraya peru varuvatharku vaaipu........ yea..but the intention is fine....... to let the younger generation participate more, ask questions which would be answered by stalwarts..........

SoftSword
21st February 2012, 04:56 PM
andha thread pakkam poga naan konjam ninnu yosippaen...
oru romba sincere'a stricta nadatthappadra oru pazhangaalatthu koyil pakkam pora maadhiri...
anga pesikkiradhae oru madhiri vera language... something pulls me back... ennanu solla therila...

Plum
21st February 2012, 05:19 PM
Softie - I see where you come from. I guess this thread is acknowledgement of your feeling. I would welcome open expression by youngsters of how they feel about NT and his performances. I am interested in understanding their viewpoint unfiltered...

SoftSword
21st February 2012, 05:48 PM
enakku sivaji avlo pudhusu illai plum...
amma and thaaimaama theevira sivaji rasigargal...
paasamalar paatta renduperum sendhu paadi thaalaattuvaanga...
adhanaala many sivaji movies, chinna vayasulaye paathirukkaen... avlovaa nyaabagam illai ashte.

Plum
21st February 2012, 06:01 PM
AppO you also unseletted from youth gang and attached to oldies list :)

SoftSword
21st February 2012, 06:04 PM
AppO you also unseletted from youth gang and attached to oldies list :)

no no, hey who is sivaji ya? the US returned guy?

PARAMASHIVAN
21st February 2012, 06:15 PM
ithellam too much ah therilae @ Plum :) I am at least 5-7 years younger than you...........

:shock: appO ungaluku 49 years old ah ! :yessir:

RAGHAVENDRA
22nd February 2012, 09:21 AM
NT's films in TVs in coming days:

Enga Oor Raja – J Movies – 23.02.2012 – 10.00 am - IST
Andhaman Kadhali – J Movies – 26.02.2012 – 11.00 am - IST
Needhipadhi – Kalaignar TV – 23.02.2012 – 1.30 pm - IST

RAGHAVENDRA
22nd February 2012, 10:52 PM
Costumes in the Television serial of the Epic Mahabharatha produced by B.R. Chopra, were designed based on the costumes from the film KARNAN

- Shri G. Ramkumar

More at the following video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBPQpuFKOs4

PARAMASHIVAN
22nd February 2012, 11:24 PM
Andhaman Kadhali

Isn't that the film with Sujatha back in the 70's ?

VinodKumar's
23rd February 2012, 01:30 AM
andha thread pakkam poga naan konjam ninnu yosippaen...
oru romba sincere'a stricta nadatthappadra oru pazhangaalatthu koyil pakkam pora maadhiri...
anga pesikkiradhae oru madhiri vera language... something pulls me back... ennanu solla therila...

Same here.

rajeshkrv
23rd February 2012, 02:12 AM
Isn't that the film with Sujatha back in the 70's ?

Params, everything is surprising for you in every thread.. very funny. There was only one Andhaman kadhali

groucho070
23rd February 2012, 07:21 AM
Maybe he confused it with Andhaman Kaidhi - MGR. Params is a long sufferer of high degree of confusication surprisosis. Kidding, Raghu, you can remove the dumb bell from Mano- effigy guts.

mgb
23rd February 2012, 03:09 PM
NOV , Yethavathu oru padam suggest pannunga download panni pakkuraen intha weekend.
Have you watched "Balae Pandiya"? I would recommend that movie, though your question wasn't addressed to me. Watch pannitu vandha apram naanga vekkara Quiz'ku correct'a answer pannaa, next recommendation will be given :p

PARAMASHIVAN
23rd February 2012, 03:22 PM
Params, everything is surprising for you in every thread.. very funny. There was only one Andhaman kadhali

Hello

That was a genuine question. no need to sarcastic!

PARAMASHIVAN
23rd February 2012, 03:24 PM
Maybe he confused it with Andhaman Kaidhi - MGR. Params is a long sufferer of high degree of confusication surprisosis. Kidding, Raghu, you can remove the dumb bell from Mano- effigy guts.

Rakesh bhai

I am not confused, check this

http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&sa=X&ei=gAxGT92RJcaU8gPY3fS7Dg&ved=0CBkQBSgA&q=andhaman+kadhali&spell=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=393d76df279d37b6&biw=792&bih=439

It was a 1970's movie!

rajeshkrv
23rd February 2012, 11:09 PM
Maybe he confused it with Andhaman Kaidhi - MGR. Params is a long sufferer of high degree of confusication surprisosis. http://www.mayyam.com/talk/images/icons/icon7.png

HonestRaj
24th February 2012, 12:17 AM
nanum en pangukku "classic matnee"la sila pala Sivaji padangal parthurukken..

few posts i agree with..

Selva --- reg. sivaji's light hearted films

softu --- posting in main thread

HonestRaj
24th February 2012, 12:19 AM
Vinod...

my suggestion for u... UYARNDHA MANIDHAN ...

comedy film venumna.. GALATTA KALYANAM parunga..

selvakumar
29th February 2012, 06:08 PM
Sun TV la intha week comedy vaaram. "Galatta kayanam" and "bale paandiya" are in the list along with Kaadhalikka neramillai. Have to agree with Rakesh brother. Once you get used to Sivaji's style of humor in his out and out jolly films, you can pick/feel the same in his serious films as well.

NOV
29th February 2012, 06:11 PM
Selva, did you recognise Dasavatharam in Bale Pandiya? :)

selvakumar
29th February 2012, 06:14 PM
Selva, did you recognise Dasavatharam in Bale Pandiya? :)
iLLiyae NOV.. Can you elaborate? Entha scene/context la? Scientist role mattum thaan common ah theriyuthu. Am I missing anything?

SoftSword
29th February 2012, 06:15 PM
Sun TV la intha week comedy vaaram. "Galatta kayanam" and "bale paandiya" are in the list along with Kaadhalikka neramillai. Have to agree with Rakesh brother. Once you get used to Sivaji's style of humor in his out and out jolly films, you can pick/feel the same in his serious films as well.

these were the two movies i watched last week as suggested by makkal here.
sir in GK was terrific... he was looking so handsome in that...
BP also he gave a great perfo, also did NV but the kaedi character was nothing to write about... below ordinary.

selvakumar
29th February 2012, 06:18 PM
Even though I like Thaavani Kanavugal, still wondering why Sivaji has to die or suffer a lot. I think only Viduthalai was little different in this aspect. or may be some less popular films. Devar Magan, Mudhal mariyathai, TK etc and the list goes on. Out of all, I find TK to be a bit odd. He should have lived and in the climax he could have added more punch to the message (anti dowry)

selvakumar
29th February 2012, 06:23 PM
these were the two movies i watched last week as suggested by makkal here.
sir in GK was terrific... he was looking so handsome in that...
BP also he gave a great perfo, also did NV but the kaedi character was nothing to write about... below ordinary.

Yes. He looks so comfortable in these roles. I think Sivaji and others liberated us from Haridas kalathu romance :lol: We should thank them for that. Just imagine MKT romancing in GK after singing 30 odd songs :)

SoftSword
29th February 2012, 06:24 PM
thyaagiyaa vaazhndhaaru...
vayasaana kaalatthula ivlo selavu panni namakku operation edhukku, vaazhapporavangalukku use aagattumnu veetta avungalukku kudutthuttaaru... andha thyagattha highlight panradhu dhane avaroda character... ???
subam'a varra madhiri avaroda charactera eludhirukkalam'nu solringala?

SoftSword
29th February 2012, 06:26 PM
Yes. He looks so comfortable in these roles. I think Sivaji and others liberated us from Haridas kalathu romance :lol: We should thank them for that. Just imagine MKT romancing in GK after singing 30 odd songs :)

remember sitting in front of tv on sunday eves with slate and chalkpiece to count the number of songs... haridhas, kalidhas, srivalli, etc :lol:
aanaalum nagara maattomae... vera vazhi... naduvula thamizh news podrappodhaan namma vaazhkayave poratti podramaadhiriyana oru sogam vandhu thaakkum :(

Balaji.r
29th February 2012, 07:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wui4ZoaH9Pw&feature=youtu.be

Karnan trailer in DTS format

NOV
29th February 2012, 07:54 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

re posted in my Facebook! can't wait for it :happydance:

mgb
1st March 2012, 11:19 AM
avaru andha puffa fulla enjoy panna maadhiri therila... aana neenga romba enjoy panni paatthirukkeenganu theriyudhu... puff'ayum... paattayum...

have you watched his smoking in the song "paartha gnabagam illaiyo" ? i enjoyed watching that as well :p

SoftSword
1st March 2012, 04:29 PM
will watch it once..
recent'a oru padatthula “I don't inhale, because it gives you cancer, but I look so incredibly handsome with a cigarette that I can't not hold one” apdinu oru perusu sollum... very true... style'kaga dhaan neraya peru dhum adikkiraanga..

vasudevan31355
14th March 2012, 06:20 PM
14-3-2012 புதன் அன்று வந்த தினத்தந்தி (கடலூர்) கர்ணன் விளம்பரம்.

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j462/vasudevan31355/IMG_0001-5.jpg

கடலூர் கிருஷ்ணாலயா தியேட்டரில் மாலை மற்றும் இரவுக் காட்சிகளாகவும் (6. 30pm, 10.00pm). பாண்டி ருக்மணி திரையரங்கிலும், விழுப்புரம் கல்யாண் திரையரங்கிலும் , பண்ருட்டி விஜயா திரையரங்கிலும், திட்டக்குடி பெரியசாமி திரையரங்கிலும், கள்ளக்குறிச்சி லேனா திரையரங்கிலும் நம் கர்ணன் மார்ச் 16 முதல் கர்ஜிக்க உள்ளார் என்பதனை மகிழ்வுடன் தெரிவித்துக் கொள்கிறேன்.

அன்புடன்,
வாசுதேவன்.

vasudevan31355
14th March 2012, 06:21 PM
திவ்யா பிலிம்ஸ் சாந்தி சொக்கலிங்கம் பெருமையுடன் வழங்கும்

மார்ச் 16 முதல் தமிழ்நாடெங்கும்

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/cb/Karnan_Cover.jpg

நம் கர்ணனின் ராஜ நடை ("மழை கொடுக்கும் கொடையுமொரு இரண்டு மாதம்"...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0niw-aXsms&feature=player_detailpage

நடிப்புச் சூரியரின் சூரிய வழிபாடு ("ஆயிரம் கரங்கள் நீட்டி"...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpB163_ZUog&feature=player_detailpage

அன்னையின் அன்பு

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl6sXNqqe2o&feature=player_detailpage

இந்த பாழும் இதயம்

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioldlvIBy9o&feature=player_detailpage

நட்பும் செய்நன்றியும்

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JpANHmLSxA&feature=player_detailpage

"என்னுயிர்த் தோழி... கேளொரு சேதி"... (video song)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vCin4uaJB0&feature=player_detailpage

அன்புடன்,
வாசுதேவன்.

HonestRaj
17th March 2012, 10:26 PM
good morning captain :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8STEo65VCA&feature=related

groucho070
24th May 2012, 01:27 PM
Look at the cadence changing in each set

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij1XPqCSVOA

Lines by?

Thanks PR. almost on tears watching this. Check out 3.00, looking but not looking at the camera, maintaining the needed modulation and turns himself according to the camera, yabba yabba...speechless is not the right word....
வரிகள் இங்கே http://www.eegai.com/art88-128-234-raaman_sivaji_dialogue.html
வசனம் யாரென்று தெரியவில்லை ..ராகவேந்திரர் சார்ர் , முரளி சார் போன்ற பெருந்தலைகளுக்கு தெரியுமென நினைக்கிறேன்.
Joe,
It is Mr.Anna Durai's original dialogues were used in this episode.We can discuss this separately, don't want it to lose with all the heavy stuff being posted in the main thread :smile:

groucho070
24th May 2012, 01:39 PM
For those who don't know, Sivaji playing Sivaji here (see previous page), based on (Aringar) Annadhurai's dialogue (thanks for the info Gopal,S), which was part of a bigger Stage Drama. Sivaji who was just actor Ganesan back then appeared as Sivaji in that drama and a very impressed PeriyAr gave Ganesan the title Sivaji. And the title stuck. This small scene was part of a film called Raman Ettanai Ramanadi.

Interesting part of the movie is, this play apart, is that NT plays an actor after the second half and we get to see snippets of his films prior to this film.

groucho070
24th May 2012, 01:43 PM
A very interesting and clear article on how Sivaji's acting may appear "overboard". (credit to the authors)

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/column/index-ss-4.html

Rajini & Kamal looked upto him for style!

Overacting has been one thing that the legend of Tamil cinema has been often accused of. Even you might have heard such a thing from someone or might have even thought so yourself. It is not really surprising that many of today’s youngsters and those accustomed to new age cinema find Sivaji Ganesan as one who went overboard with his expressions. It is a classical example of the generation gap, the present not being able to digest or accept what was considered great in the past. There can be no two opinions about the fact that Chevalier Sivaji Ganesan is a legend. But there are many who see chinks in that legacy. I believe it is a case of not being able to understand the great man and the times that he was part of.

Coming from a theater background (he acquired the title Sivaji from theater), expressing in a very pronounced manner came naturally to him. Being subtle was not the flavor of those days and if you watch cinema of the early Sivaji era, you will see that what many call overacting now was the norm in those days. Cinema had not evolved

enough to accommodate subtle expressions. It was more or less a theater setting with the camera being kept straight and the actors being asked to perform within the frame, the occasional close up shot being given for the expression of surprise, shock, romance or whatever. Even the dialogues were theatrical. All techniques like bottom and top angle cuts, lighting that suited the situation, precise make-up that enhance cinema so much were non-existent. Sivaji Ganesan began and for a large part, worked in such an era as an actor who excelled in emotional roles. He just kept along with his times.

The greatness of Sivaji Ganesan comes to light when we look at the range of roles that he has done in his career and the range of styles that he adopted in each of his movies. Not many actors of our times have shown the courage that he has. To do a full fledged hateful negative role while you are still a leading hero takes a lot of confidence and Sivaji Ganesan showed that in Andha Naal. Actors of our times have shown a liking to the negative role, but not the totally despicable type. Even if they have, they have also chosen to have the security of playing a double role with one character being a do-gooder. Andha Naal had Sivaji Ganesan as a completely unscrupulous person who would not even stop short of treason to make money. His detractors (though few and oblivious of his greatness) should take a look at this performance. They also should take a look at Uthama Puthiran where one can see upon close observation, a striking similarity to Rajnikanth’s famous brisk walk. Then, there is that famous scene from Thiruvilayaadal where he runs towards the shore after slaying a shark, very similar to what Superstar does. Even Kamal once said in a function that actors of all ages have taken something out of Sivaji Ganesan’s book, be it style or acting skills. What Sivaji did so many years back is adopted and replicated by so many contemporary stars- a compliment to his greatness.

And if any of you still doubt whether the great man was overdoing it, then take a look at some of his films in the 90s. Cinema had evolved and he had understood the change. His performance in Thevar Magan must count as one of the finest in Tamil cinema, please go back and see the scene where he and Kamal Haasan talk in the courtyard, discussing about the hotel that Kamal proposes to build in the city. Such performances can come only from an actor of brilliance of the highest order, only a true genius can adjust to changing times and Sivaji Ganesan was one.

Once the famous journalist and cartoonist Madan was asked, ‘Who is the better actor, Marlon Brando or Sivaji Ganesan?’ He said, ‘Marlon Brando is an actor who delivers to perfection what the director asks of him but Sivaji Ganesan used to do more than just that, he used to analyze and add to the character and performance. So, Sivaji is greater.' Do we need to say more? Another interesting fact is that in a survey conducted long back it was found that Sivaji Ganesan had a greater female fan following than the great M.G.R. Not because he always did emotional family subjects, but because they liked his style. If anyone still feels that the great man did more than what was required of him, then they are in the clutches of ignorance. Perceptions change with time. What was right then need not necessarily be right now and what we celebrate as acts of genius today may be ridiculed upon tomorrow. Wonder how youngsters thirty years from now will react to the patent star mannerisms, intro songs and one liners that we enjoy so much at present. The greatness of Sivaji Ganesan must never be subject to scrutiny. Seldom do men like him grace the screen.

Arvind Srinivasan
27th May 2012, 05:59 PM
Great article there. Btw Grouchy, read your piece on Ethiroli- Brilliant :thumbsup:

P_R
28th May 2012, 11:55 AM
வரிகள் இங்கே http://www.eegai.com/art88-128-234-r..._dialogue.html
வசனம் யாரென்று தெரியவில்லை ..ராகவேந்திரர் சார்ர் , முரளி சார் போன்ற பெருந்தலைகளுக்கு தெரியுமென நினைக்கிறேன்.
:ty: Great to read.

The varying rhythm for each fort :clap:

RAGHAVENDRA
31st May 2012, 08:22 AM
Nadigar thilagam's films in televisions schedule for coming days

(pls confirm with the channel schedule beforehand)

palum pazhamum – j movies – 02.06.12 – 10 am
thiyagam – j movies – 01.06.12 – 5 pm
viduthalai – kalaignar tv – 01.06.2012 – 1.30 pm
ooty varai uravu – 31.05.2012 – ktv – 1 pm
sadhanai – 02.06.2012 – 8 pm – raj digital plus 

groucho070
31st May 2012, 08:28 AM
Thanks, Raghavendra-sir. The bold ones highly recommended.
Nadigar thilagam's films in televisions schedule for coming days

(pls confirm with the channel schedule beforehand)

palum pazhamum – j movies – 02.06.12 – 10 am
thiyagam – j movies – 01.06.12 – 5 pm
viduthalai – kalaignar tv – 01.06.2012 – 1.30 pm
ooty varai uravu – 31.05.2012 – ktv – 1 pm
sadhanai – 02.06.2012 – 8 pm – raj digital plus 
The others has their own merits.
Thiyagam = a very sarcastic, pessimistic NT, great music by Ilayaraja (Nallaverkellam Satchigal undu, ondru manasatchi, a song for everyone who feel frustrated)
Viduthalai: Watch only for Rajini/NT chemistry.
Sadhanai: NT never directed a film, but here he plays a movie director. Quite a negative role. Also fantastic songs from Ilayaraja.

groucho070
14th June 2012, 08:37 AM
Great article there. Btw Grouchy, read your piece on Ethiroli- Brilliant :thumbsup:Just saw this, thanks for reading Arvind.

groucho070
27th June 2012, 03:44 PM
A text book chapter on acting...and scriptwriting...(and music, can't help it) Village masala-vAm :lol2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul9Xvjt83eI

NOV
29th June 2012, 03:23 PM
A great article on Karnan by our own Murali Srinivas:

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/visitors-1/jun-12-04/karnan-sivaji-ganesan-28-06-12.html

RE-EMERGENCE OF CLASSIC(S)
By Behindwoods Visitor Murali T

Age cannot wither! Nor Custom stale!

One cannot be sure how far Cleopatra had fitted the bill for this Shakespearean exclamation but put it against our legend, it fits the Thespian answering to the name of Sivaji Ganesan to a T.

The more you see the more you like! Each time something new strikes you and the nuances are aplenty to talk about. A decade had elapsed after his physical separation from us but the fascination for his films and his acting seems to grow day by day!

Well if someone is left wondering where I am coming to, let me make it clear that all the above preludes point to one emerging fact - the warmth and reception that are being seen for the films of Sivaji Ganesan across the state of Tamilnadu. The digitalized version of Karnan has proved beyond doubt [if at all proof was needed] the undiminished Box office power of Nadigar Thilagam. The success story of Karnan is a fascinating tale to read about.

Before that a small flash back. Much before Satellite Television entered our households which happened precisely some 19 years back [Sun TV started off in April 1993] there was this trend of re-releasing of old Tamil movies in theatres all over Tamilnadu. While there had been theatres which exclusively screened the re-releases, even the theatres which were normally screening new movies also used to be a host for re-releases once in a while. The advent of satellite channels slowly killed the re-release concept as the old movies were getting screen time on TVs. Then came a stage where it almost became next to nothing. Add to this the video revolution that happened 4-5 years ago. All classics in DVD/VCD format in crystal clear print were put on sale and that too at a throwaway price staring with Rs 30/- and this virtually killed the re-release market.

Sivaji movies were the one that were affected most and as it has always been the case, it was badmouthed that his movies will not bring crowds. Except for a few films here and there it was total drought. Came 2010 and people deciding enough is enough arranged for the release of Puthiya Paravai at Shanthi in July and the resounding reception it got was an eye opener for many.

People started looking out for more Sivaji movies but it was not an easy task. Reasons were manifold. As said earlier Satellite TV and cheap priced videos had extinguished the re-release flame and many distributors did not even renew their rights after the statutory period of 5 years and producers believing that there is no re-sale market did not bother to sell the rights and nor did they think about preserving the negatives. So film prints were too hard to find. But a few distributors dug deep to find out and one could see the likes of Thiruvarutselvar, Rajapart Rangadurai and Gowravam in theatres. Out of this Gowravam really struck gold and now the distributor circles were sitting up and watching.

Meanwhile a distributor answering to the name of Chokkalingam running a distribution company called Divya Films had one dream to pursue and that was digitalizing the epic called Karnan and releasing it across Tamilnadu. It was easier said than done. The trials and tribulations that he had to undergo to realize his dream would itself be an epic tale to tell but that can wait for some other day. To cut a long story short, the movie was released on 16th March 2012 across 72 screens in Tamilnadu.

What a reception the people of Tamilnadu gave ! The annual exams didn't matter ! The IPL matches didn't matter ! The new releases didn't matter ! All it mattered was families young and old flocked to the theatres screening Karnan and it was heartening to see the younger Software generations coming on their own and enjoying the movie to the hilt ! What attracted them? Is it Sivaji's majestic performance or the screen presence of the ensemble of star cast headed by NTR as Lord Krishna or the honey filled songs from the immortal duo of Viswanathan Ramamurthy or the grandeur of sets erected or the enjoyable dialogues by Sakthi Krishnaswamy or all these things put together splendidly by the producer Director B.R.Panthulu? While one cannot pinpoint one single reason it is fairly evident that the lion's share of making this film click goes to Sivaji.

For the record, the film crossed 25 days in 24 screens, 50 days in 11 screens, 75 days in 3 screens and 100 days in 2 screens. Never in the history of 100 years of Indian cinema or 81 years of Tamil Cinema has any film done this. A movie released 48 years ago, having been re-released for God knows how many times, telecast in TV for n number of times and freely available in the video market, running to packed houses in multiplexes where the ticket price is anything upward from Rs 120/- is nothing but a Himalayan achievement that has stunned the cine world.

As it always happens this has opened the floodgates and there are announcements galore that talk about many classics of Sivaji like Uthama Puthiran, Kattabomman, Puthiya Paravai, Thiruvilayadal, Thillana Mohananbal, to name a few, hitting the digital button. While one could not take all such announcements at face value, the very thought of seeing this in digital version gives one goosebumps.

While we savor the nostalgic taste of Karnan's sweet victory let us get ready to welcome the other goldies!

Regards,

Murali.

PS: Contrary to media induced belief that Karnan did not do well in its first release, it indeed was a successful film completing 100 days in 3 theatres in Chennai and most importantly at Madurai -Thangam, the biggest of South East Asia.

Murali T
t.murali.t@gmail.com

NOV
3rd July 2012, 07:49 AM
Without doubt, Thillaana Mohanambal must be the next movie to be re-released after the great success of Karnan....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5AY2kVHag4&feature=related

adiram
3rd July 2012, 11:38 AM
It is the high-time to re-release Kappalottiya Thamizhan, with some re-editings of unwanted Gemini-Savithri romantic scenes.

eehaiupehazij
3rd July 2012, 02:49 PM
Karnan has been a timeless evergreen classic as proved by its mega success in the rerun after 48 years. Hence, while tasting this victory, we need to be cautious in choosing the next classic to sustain the rerun equal to or more than Karnan. If Veerapandiya Kattabomman is selected, then again Sivaji's image will be crystallized as a hero suitable for mythological or historical or just a Raja-Rani genre of movies. In my humble opinion, before VPKB, Pudiya Paravai may be very apt since scene by scene one can enjoy the three dimensional acting presentation of Sivaji with a nice shift to a social feature from the mythological feature Karnan. Sivaji's magnetic appeal, ear filling sweet songs by MSV-TR, the best ensemble of supporting cast by Saroja Devi, Sowcar Janaki (very different portrayal), pleasing color background and editing, of course a little bit of editing on Nagesh comedy sequence, will certainly hit the bull's eye. Next to this, since sufficient time over 100 days will be available, VPKB may be properly processed for color enhancement or 3D effect with a lot of editing on the comedy scenes and the dragging pathos song for Padmini (pogathey pogathey en kanava) when GG leaves for battlefield.... may make it once again a block buster to be loved by all generations. Then, again for a change, we may present Vasantha Maaligai with a crisp editing on Nagesh-VKR_Ramaprabha comedy scenes. Then, Thillana Mohanambal and Thiruvilayadal and then Sivandha Mann like this NT's iconic image can be implanted in the generations to come. Mean time, the B/W classics Paasa Malar, Uthama Puthiran, Paava Mannippu, Palum Pazhamum, Bagappririvinai, Thookku Thookki, Parasakthi, Manohara, Uyarndha Manithan, Motor Sundaram Pillai, Deiva Magan and Navarathiri can be reformatted to color versions. This is just my dream, if the Karnan victorey is to be kept up!

NOV
3rd July 2012, 05:07 PM
Sivandhamann? :omg: vEndavE vEndaam! :argh:
Paasa Malar, tho a classic, is not suitable for today's generation.

today's generation would prefer subtle acting like in Enga Mama, Andha Naal, Bale Pandiya, Aalaya Mani, Selvam, Uyarndha Manidhan, etc.

Nonetheless, Karnan's uniqueness as compared to today's movies, is the epic-telling.
The next release should also be unique and that's where Thillaana Mohanambal stands tall.

eehaiupehazij
3rd July 2012, 06:17 PM
yes. i do agree with Thillana Mohanambal. Sivaji Ganesan without any song sequence, shoulders the entire film with Padmini's classic dances. A very auspicious movie with the scintillating Nadhaswaram music meticulously enacted by the emperor of acting, making the audience not to take out eyes out of him when he performs. However, as far acting domain is concerned, Pudhiya Paravai is the only movie where one is made to sit spell bound upon the magnetic charisma of Sivaji's close up acting and his expressions on the turmoil he undergoes in this crime thriller. Honey coated songs too. Sivaji's iconic Enge Nimmadhi still? The riveting climax? Also, kindly do not undertate Sivandha Mann. Sivaji's acting was homogeneous with his character throughout the film. Song picturizations particularly Pattaththu Rani song and even the club song by Nagesh and Sachchu were technically excellent and exuberant for viewing pleasure in the present day too. Regarding the movies Enga Mama and others they can be rereleased as a gap filling only.

P_R
4th July 2012, 10:16 PM
Without doubt, Thillaana Mohanambal must be the next movie to be re-released after the great success of Karnan....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5AY2kVHag4&feature=related
Thillana - clear winner!
I had it recorded when it came on TV once and did the tape to death.
It was one of the first DVDs I bought.
Allround performances and variety. One of the best films of all time.

Baliah:evaNdA avan kolai paNRavan?
Nagesh: naan illadA ambi
:rotfl2:

Baliah and Sivaji coordination is excellent. The exchange of glances when Mohana enters in azhagar kovil is one instance.
Here you see him - precisely in a small gap in the middle of playing - tapping Sivaji (who is lost in nadhaswaram) to point out the foreigners are approaching.
And the way they acknowledge the audience - Baliah is aware of them, but Sivaji has become absorbed again in his playing

They cut out the segment where Nagesh translates what they are saying to a a puzzled Sivaji and Baliah
Sivaji: huh (subtitle : pooh, ivvaLavu dhaanA, oodhi thaLrOm paaru :lol: )
Baliah: *wink* :lol:

groucho070
10th July 2012, 03:23 PM
:lol: P_R, yes, yes, ThillanA should be rereleased. Anytime awesome movie.

groucho070
10th July 2012, 03:35 PM
Behind the scene (credit to original poster in the other thread). Warn me if I am spamming...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrDBrcLpQQc

PARAMASHIVAN
10th July 2012, 03:43 PM
Watched Dr Siva recently after falling in love with the song "malrE kurijni malarE" by Dr.KJY and SJ, what a disappointment! :| One can only watch it for NT and the song! I feel NT took many silly projects in the mid to late 70's! For me NT's gems are only in the B&W era!

BTW, what was that disease they mentioned in Dr. Siva ? Manjula was a torture in this movie as usual :banghead:

groucho070
10th July 2012, 03:52 PM
Raghu, there are other movies at that era that's worth revisiting. Dr. Siva is a jujube movie for NT, but with beautiful songs. So, please, don't neglect some colour NT films. The above Thillana mOhanAmbAl is a great example...

PARAMASHIVAN
10th July 2012, 04:11 PM
Raghu, there are other movies at that era that's worth revisiting. Dr. Siva is a jujube movie for NT, but with beautiful songs. So, please, don't neglect some colour NT films. The above Thillana mOhanAmbAl is a great example...

Rakesh anna

You have misunderstood me, I loved Thillana Mohanambal,Karnan, VPKB and other Colour (60's) NT movies, it is just in the mid 70's and late 70's he was made to look bad.

PARAMASHIVAN
10th July 2012, 04:15 PM
Raghu, there are other movies at that era that's worth revisiting

Pls name a few, I loved movie of NT which featured song "poo POle un punagayil" by Dr.SPB. Majestic acting by NT as a helpless father! :clap:

Dr. Siva is a jujube movie for NT
yes, and I felt such films are an insult to NT

PARAMASHIVAN
11th July 2012, 04:34 PM
One of my f
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7Zq7XI_1TY&feature=player_detailpageav song

Plum
13th July 2012, 11:32 PM
today's generation would prefer subtle acting like in Enga Mama, Andha Naal, Bale Pandiya, Aalaya Mani, Selvam, Uyarndha Manidhan, etc.
Billa 2 superhitAm indha generation youthnAla. andha mAdhiri yEdhAvadhu paNNi irukkArA ungALU?

Mahesh_K
24th July 2012, 10:50 AM
Billa 2 superhitAm indha generation youthnAla. andha mAdhiri yEdhAvadhu paNNi irukkArA ungALU?

Ippa thaan Karnan mathiri 'lite' roll ellam panna arambichi, konjam school pasangalai cover panni irukkaru. innum kojam mechurity vanthathukku appuram youth kavar pannra mathiri patam pannuvarunnu ninakkiRen.:)

SoftSword
24th July 2012, 03:45 PM
:lol:
he shd choose his scripts targetting the youth in the future...

NOV
28th July 2012, 08:42 PM
Why Karnan is a must-watch for youths of today:

1. Introduction to one of our greatest literary arts. My children's interest in Mahabharatham is renewed and we are going to the bookshop tomorrow. :D

2. A lesson on majestic acting and why sometimes an actor has to perform larger-than-life. Sivaji lives the role of Karnan and if even the original Karnan appears on earth, we will not believe its him!
Excellent support by the rest of the cast. Even the role of Saguni is so apt - you can see deceit and cunningness on his face when he speaks.
Krishna role, is immortalised by Rama Rao. His acting and voice is calm and contained but forceful. When he shows his viswaroopam, we are stunned!

3. Songs that are soothing to the ear and also extremely meaningful. One example: heroine meets hero by accident and then they part. her thoughts are still with him. Kavignar converts that feeling in just seven words!!! kangal engE nenjamum engE, kandapOdhu sendrana angE
I admit that songs come often and sometimes even one after another, but they will not bore you. I am very sure that the previous generation would protest if any of the songs are removed.

4. Amazing screenplay - how can such an elaborate part of Mahabharatha be contained in just 3 hours?! The right mix of story is told moving the film forward. Once Krishna enters, the story moves at jet speed. One cannot afford to miss any portion of the movie or will lose the plot.

5. Awesome re-creation without the aid of technology - to be seen to be believed.

Karnan - DO NOT MISS watching on the big-screen!

NOV
2nd August 2012, 06:42 PM
Date: This Saturday 4 August 2012
Time: 7.30pm
Place: Murasu TV

http://www.pixmonk.com/wp-content/uploads/anaal.png

NOT TO BE MISSED
Taking the viewer to new heights!
Sivaji Ganesan as the antagonist in this espionage drama!
Remember that it was barely his second movie!
Suspense uninterrupted, as there are no songs!
Do not miss!

selvakumar
30th November 2013, 10:11 AM
I introduced Sivaji's old movies to my wife starting with some of my favorites [ She hasn't seen much of Tamil cinema before 1990s as she was brought up in another state]. Needless to say she liked fun movies like Galatta Kalyanan, Sabash meena etc. Need to scan this thread and let her watch some of the best movies.