PDA

View Full Version : ON REFORMING TAMIL SCRIPT FURTHER

Oldposts
30th January 2005, 03:04 PM
Topic started by Gopalan (gopalan_evr@yahoo.com) (@ 202.41.104.94) on Mon Jun 30 14:09:11 .

The Tamil Script was last modified during MGR's rule in 1980. Now we need to have regular and common symbols for the derivatives (Uyirmei) of 'u' and 'oo'. this will at once reduce the number of keys required.

Malayalam also faced this problem but sometime around the 70's (I dont know exactly) they have invented two new signs for derivatives of 'u' and 'oo'. May be we can borrow the same symbols.

A learned consensus is needed.

Please do not suggest adopting Roman script for Tamil.

Oldposts
Old responses (http://forumhub.com/tnhistory/7111.22300.14.09.11.html)

Oldposts
//Tamil langauge is devised by jain and buddhist monks.//

My dear Ramki, I appreciate the fact that you, as either a Jain or Buddhist, would very much like to associate with Tamil. In fact, there has been many attempt throughout the age to use Tamil to promote one's religion. Now Christianity is trying the same - it is alleged.

The vedics revived their religion using Tamil Language with its Saivite relgion - and gave a knock out blow to Jainism and Budhism - that was during about 500 = 700 AD.

It is clear now that the only Language that could help the revival of Jainism and buddhism in India is Tamil - after all, Tamil is THE divine Language!

Divine?

Yes, the first only language in the world to have the most religious scricptures in it was Tamil.

Saivism, Vaisnavism, Vedicism, Jainism, Buddhism, Christianity, Islam, Sikhism, Bahai, etc etc etc........

The most divine Language is, indeed, TAMIL.

Oldposts
Why need to reform. people are happy with limited phonetics, I think there cannot be more than 10 different phonetic equivalent vovels and consonants in this language.

sundararaj
31st December 2006, 12:31 PM
Thanks for good info.