PDA

View Full Version : Raja's unpicturized songs and Songs in unreleased movies

Sureshs65
17th July 2011, 12:31 AM
In a different thread I had mentioned that if we were to list all the songs of Raja which were not picturized and his songs in movies which were unreleased, we would have a strong case using them to prove Raja's greatness. So I request all of you to list out songs which were not picturized and also important songs from unreleased movies.

Sureshs65
17th July 2011, 12:39 AM
Let me start with a few songs that I know of:

1. Malargale Nadhaswarangal from 'Kizhakke Pogum Rayil'
2. 'Putham Pudhu Kaalai' from 'Alaigal Oivadhillai'
3. 'Doorathil Naan Kanda' from 'Nizhalgal'
(All three movies by Bharathiraja. I think there is one unpicturized song in 'Nadodi Thendral'. Someone needs to confirm.)
4. 'Vidhaitha vidhai' : 'Ethanai Konam Ethanai Paarvai' (Unreleased movie)
In recent times:
5. 'kannil paarvai' : 'Naan Kadavul' (Bala needs to be punished for this error)
6. 'kai veesi' : 'Nandalaala'

I will now leave the floor to the veterans who are more conversant with this.

Sunil_M88
17th July 2011, 06:31 AM
Nandri, Suresh ji!

Nandalala – The music released in 2009 and I still remember to this day where I exactly was and what I was doing at the time when I first heard the songs from this album and this proves how much this album has impacted me. All songs are divine but because the album released way before the movie some people might have moved on to other material. However, when the film did release people’s interest in the music was reborn.

I spent numerous hours, days, and weeks listening to this album and till date still carry on. Nandalala is one album which adamantly refuses to leave my playlist.

End dig//

I’m no veteran but felt like introducing the last song of Suresh ji’s list first as I can relate to it a lot.

Kai veesi by Chandrasekar, Madhu Balakrishnan, Rahul, Swetha and Vijay Yesudas.

As soon as the film released I rushed with questions to viewers on how this song was picturised only to be left with the answer that this song didn’t feature in the movie. Were all the other songs featured in the movie then :huh: help?

The celtic-ish flute in the prelude which also continues to run smoothly and subtly throughout this priceless treasure, builds my appetite for this number. I’m keep coming back to kai veesi as my hunger never dies out for the flute. This song does display some of the most splendid woodwind pieces in Indian songs.

IR hasn’t really Indian-fied this song and he has given this song more of a medieval/gothic/fairy tale (the sort you would expect from beauty and the beast, shrek, tangled etc.) appeal with nature-esque ambience. You can imagine rivers flowing over rocks, walking through gardens of a castle and all other conventions of stories about a prince and princess. This song would be the ideal song for a dream, where you can make your own world.

The beat is a familiar one with an echoing snare creating an image of a cliff overlooking water or a medieval historical village. This song also has interesting harp plucks delivering the folklore feel.
I haven’t done justice to this song and I don’t think I ever will be able to. I’m merely scratching the surface of this song here.

V_S
17th July 2011, 07:05 AM
Wonderful thread Sureshji and wonderful start Sunil! Great write-up again on this merry song!

sudhakarg
17th July 2011, 08:52 AM
I can add two more to the list for now. Both songs featured in the first cassette release of Micheal Madana Kama Rajan, but never made it to the film

a. "maththa poovum oru peNNA aagAdha" - Chitra
b. "adi pattam thEdi" - Mano

Also not sure if the song "puththam pudhu poo pooththadhO" from Thalapathi made it to the screen

vithagan
17th July 2011, 09:29 AM
Sollividu velli nilave - Amaidhipadai

skr
17th July 2011, 09:39 AM
The song which epitomises the concept of Shruti/Graha Bedham , the unpicturised Kalyani based Marvel Vaidehi Raman from Pagal Nilavu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qbk77d9DxQk

skr
17th July 2011, 09:49 AM
I think even the mindblowing majesty Poovile Medai again from Pagal Nilavu (1985) was also not picturised.It only comes in the background and the song was not picturised
Mani should definitely be punished for this criminal blunder esp since he is known for picturisation and the fact that you cannot get more quality songs than this .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew3ydyh3pKI

Punnaimaran
17th July 2011, 11:33 AM
A few which come to my mind :

புத்தம் புது பூ - தளபதி
சிப்பிக்குள் ஒரு - விக்ரம்
சொல்லாத ராகம் - மகாநதி
உன் நெஞ்ச தொட்டு - ராஜாதி ராஜா
ஒரு கணம் ஒரு யுகமாக - நாடோடி தென்றல்
நினைத்தால் இனிக்கும் - கல்யாணராமன்

Punnaimaran
17th July 2011, 11:59 AM
மந்திரம் இது - ஆவாரம் பூ
கரையாத மனமும் - வருஷம் 16 (not sure if it was picturised)
கன்னி வண்ணம் ரோஜாப் பூ - ஆட்டோ ராஜா (not sure too)

Plum
17th July 2011, 07:10 PM
Actually, wasn't vaidehi Raman was picturized? If I remember correct, it had Radhika dancing. If you watch Radhika's nameless crimes on bharatanatyam and Sarathbabu's crimes on acting, you'd wish it was left unpicturised.

A few important ones that come to mind
Manippoor Maamiyaar(Rasigane en arugil vaa, samayal paadame)
Africavil Appu(putham pudhu kaalai redux)
That Venkat Prabhu acting debut had a decent song(poonjolai?)
Manidha jaadhi(couple of nice songs)
Oru kanam oru yugamaga(nadodi thendral)
Edhedho ennam valarthen(punnagai mannan)
Kaadhal Jaathi - outstanding album sadly left unreleased

Plum
17th July 2011, 07:12 PM
Aadi pattam -apoorva sagotharargal. Thibk it was picturised but Kamal changed the storyline and dropped this song

app_engine
18th July 2011, 06:20 AM
Edhedho ennam valarthen(punnagai mannan)

Title song, so technically speaking, "picturized" with some stills. (bayangara erichchal, one of my all-time-fav-KSC-numbers)

app_engine
18th July 2011, 06:24 AM
The only film I've ever seen on first day was mudhal mariyAdhai (thanks to some influential-hostel-mate who packed all of us in a bus).

It didn't have 'rAsAvE onna nambi' on that show. Hence I thought it was never picturized. Apparently, it was a "Trichy-Maris-theater-local-scissors" as there is youtube of the song (possibly song available on DVD).

app_engine
18th July 2011, 06:26 AM
This Kamalahasan-sippi-kadal-muththu-business has something to do with "not-picturizing"

#1 'Azhakkadalil thEdiya muththu' (sattam en kaiyyil, MV-SJ)
#2 'sippikkuL oru muththu vaLarndhadhu' (vikram, KJY-SJ)

app_engine
18th July 2011, 06:29 AM
Manippoor Maamiyaar(Rasigane en arugil vaa, samayal paadame)

Has this movie ever been released and anyone seen it? Or is there DVD?

Otherwise, all get 'not picturized' status (including 'Anandha thEnkARRu thAlAttudhE')

app_engine
18th July 2011, 06:33 AM
Another 'never-released-and-so-no-picturization' movie : iLaiyarAjAvin rasigai (disk got released and had airtime on IOKS)

One song I remember :

'entha Aththuppaiyanavan? yAru peththa sella makan? pidichchu badavAva izhuththu vArEn pAru - izhuththu thaNdanaiyum thArEn pAru! en oru poNNu unakkAka oru nALu pAppEn, ozhungAka unnOdu sEppEn!'
(MV, SPS, SJ)

Interesting song, another portion I remember :

MV : pEru ennA pEru?
SPS : veettukku varRa mAppiLLa pEru T P Chanduru
MV : veedu enga irukku?
SPS : kittu mAmA veettukku romba pakkaththula irukku
MV : thOppanAru pEru?
SPS : thOppanAru PanchabakEsan, amma pEru Kamatchi - manasukku pidichchavan thAn, mAppiLLa padichchavan thAn :-)

groucho070
18th July 2011, 07:24 AM
Also not sure if the song "puththam pudhu poo pooththadhO" from Thalapathi made it to the screenNo, just the music when Rajini "marries" Banu priya and brings her to her place. Such a beautiful song, Mani would have made justice to it. The then Manirathnam of course.

thumburu
18th July 2011, 04:21 PM
Every song from the unreleased “Panchami” should be a collector’s delight , especially the uber cool “pani kaatrin kuLumai” in Janaki’s “oh so serene” vocals

thumburu
18th July 2011, 04:34 PM
A few which come to my mind :

புத்தம் புது பூ - தளபதி
சிப்பிக்குள் ஒரு - விக்ரம்
சொல்லாத ராகம் - மகாநதி
உன் நெஞ்ச தொட்டு - ராஜாதி ராஜா
ஒரு கணம் ஒரு யுகமாக - நாடோடி தென்றல்
நினைத்தால் இனிக்கும் - கல்யாணராமன்

punnaimaran, "ninaithaal inikkum" a sensuous number was picturised on the lovely Sridevi in an all white half-sari/sari. We used to have debate on what dress it actually was. Sri was the main reason for us to take to half sari uniform during our plus 1 days . We were aghast when the moral policekaars of my school decided to cover us up with this so "unmodern" outfit then and now extinct

Devaraagam
18th July 2011, 07:16 PM
songs Not picturised or edited on final release: few songs might be repeated

1. kadhal un leelaiya - Jappanil Kalyana Raman
2. ovvoru mutham - walter vetrivel
3. un nejai thottu sollu - rajathi raja
4. day by day - honest raj
5. vaanam vazhtida - chinna mappilai
6. karaiyatha manamum - varusham 16
7. chippikul oru - vikram
8. abborva sagothargal - ammavey
9. solli vidu velli nilavae - amaithi padai
10. idhayamey poguthey - aramanai kili
11. kannirandu - avatharam
12. thaniiley nanainja - keladi kanmani
13. thuvakkam engey - mahanathi
14. mumbai xpress - mumbai express
15. baby my baby - oruvar vazhum aalayam (doubt)
16 - ambum kombum - pazhasiraja
17 - odathanni - pazhasi raja
18 - kodi yethi vaippom - pithamagan (doubt)
19 - raasathi - poovarasan
20. angey yaaru paaru - ramana
21 - oorukoru - ramana
22 - vennilavin - ramana
23.- unnai padatha - rettai roja
24. kadhalenna kathirikai - sethu
25. putham puthu - thalapathi
26 - pattu ppoove - veera
27. karumathu kaatukkulae - virumandi
28. Tamilan padaichu - kolangal.

San_K
18th July 2011, 07:35 PM
Was 'Ladies Special' from 'Desiya Geetham' picturised?

Devaraagam
18th July 2011, 07:53 PM
Movies were not released and only Audio was released.

1. poonjolai
2. danush
3. kadhal saathi
4. manipoor maamiyaar
5. naalai engal kalyanam
6. ajantha
7. bharani
8. chinna ramasamy periya ramasami
9. en iniya pon nilavae
10.kangalum kavi paaduthey
11.kanmani oru kavithai (dubbing movie so we can ignore this)
12. manitha jaathi
13. sir, i love you (doubt)
14. ponmegalai (not released but I found this in internet)
15. punniyavathi
16. t.t.little star

Sureshs65
18th July 2011, 11:49 PM
Excellent list DR.

venkkiram
19th July 2011, 02:20 AM
ஆடிப்பட்டம் தேடிச் செந்நெல் - மை.ம.கா.ராஜன்
ஒரு மூடன் கதை சொன்னால் - நெஞ்சிலாடும் பூ ஒன்று

Sunil_M88
19th July 2011, 04:34 AM
mere paa wasn't pictured :(

Punnaimaran
19th July 2011, 12:07 PM
punnaimaran, "ninaithaal inikkum" a sensuous number was picturised on the lovely Sridevi in an all white half-sari/sari. We used to have debate on what dress it actually was. Sri was the main reason for us to take to half sari uniform during our plus 1 days . We were aghast when the moral policekaars of my school decided to cover us up with this so "unmodern" outfit then and now extinct

Thanks thumburu. Unmodern:)

SMI
5th August 2011, 11:45 PM
http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?5912-IR-s-unreleased-films-and-unpicturized-songs

San_K
5th August 2011, 11:58 PM
I have always thoughts - why somebody should not take initiative to picturize some of Raaja's unpicturized brilliant works. Putham Puthu Kaalai, Kadhal Un Leelaiya - innaikku picturize panni vittalum super hit aagum video album. I bet

jaiganes
5th August 2011, 11:59 PM
yes - it had ramba dressed in thight dresses, dancing cluelessly in streets of New Delhi (connought place, and other landmarks).
Cheraaa what a drishti pottu song 4 u considering the way u had picturised songs till then..

app_engine
6th August 2011, 12:06 AM
thight

:lol: enna oru coinage!

San_K
6th August 2011, 12:22 AM
:lol:

but seriously, even if 'not bad' kind of picturization, I am OK

visvan1970
8th October 2011, 10:02 PM
In a different thread I had mentioned that if we were to list all the songs of Raja which were not picturized and his songs in movies which were unreleased, we would have a strong case using them to prove Raja's greatness. So I request all of you to list out songs which were not picturized and also important songs from unreleased movies.

Dear all. is there a film called Lakshmi finance with music by Raja. Heard it was unreleased. A mid eighties film propably. Can somebody shed any info on this.thanks

baroque
9th October 2011, 07:24 AM
There is a film - LAKSHMI.

Remember THENNAMARATHTHULA....... speedy folkish composition sung by Raja & Susi, it is from this movie.
My CD says year - 1978.

melam kotta neram varum.....Sasirekha longing composition:musicsmile:

Lakshmi finance appadinnu oru movie yaa?

nishasiva
24th November 2011, 10:42 AM
Dear friends,

Can anyone confirm if the following movies with IR music ever released?

1. Aval Etriya Dheepangal
2. Idayathil Or Idam
3. Oomai Ullangal

visvan1970
20th January 2012, 08:38 PM
conversely i was wondering whether the bhadrakali suthura neeli song fm kaali ever got released in cassette or audio cd. Its there in the film.any info regarding this song.

jaiganes
22nd January 2012, 03:01 AM
http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR1607'&lang=en
yaenpaa kolaveri pugazh dhanusu - unga appaaru kitta solli indha padatha relees pannuppaa!
evlo nalla paattu?
aaru paaduradhu? hariniya illai sujathavaa? romba nallaave paadi irukaanga.
arunmozhi flute kku mumbaila oru 'flat' aiye eidhi kodukkalaam.
Most surreal peeling inducing melody!!

V_S
22nd January 2012, 05:01 AM
Wonderful song Jai! ThEnmadhura geetham. It is by Harini.

Sureshs65
22nd January 2012, 01:54 PM
Jai,

'Kadhal Jaadhi' is a top class album. Flute dominates every song in that movie. And this was the time,according to many, Raja was in a slump :D