PDA

View Full Version : Missing topics in Memories of Yesteryears

s ramaswamy
10th April 2011, 09:23 AM
Hi all Memories of Yesteryears lovers,

Only a few threads in our beloved topic is seen in the revamped TFM Page site. Can anyone tell me and give links to all the original threads, especially Paadalgam Palavidam which I am unable to read as it's a total blank. It's very imp. we take this very seriously and rectify the errors, if there are any. Hope this post will be taken in the right spirit.

Regards

Ramaswamy

RR
10th April 2011, 10:35 AM
No threads are missing. By default the forum displays only recent topics. You have to change 'Show threads' (this is available is below the topics list) to show 'Since Beginning' to see all threads. I have made it default for MOY forum. So now you can see all threads.

For Paadalgal palavitham, you have to refer to Archives forum.

s ramaswamy
11th April 2011, 02:55 PM
Hi RR,

Saw your instructions, tried to navigate but could not do so to get to missing topics. I cannot see topics list to reach "show threads" as you have mentioned. As far as archives are concerned Paadalgal Palavidam does draw a blank. Would appreciate if you could help me.

Regards

Ramaswamy

NOV
11th April 2011, 03:01 PM
Try this link: http://www.mayyam.com/talk/forumdisplay.php?37-Memories-of-Yesteryears

Murali Srinivas
11th April 2011, 11:01 PM
Dear RR/NOV,

I too searched in Archives but I could not find Paadalgal Palavitham threads. Please check.

Regards

RR
12th April 2011, 09:55 AM
Murali & S. Ramasamy,

Paadalgal Palavitham threads - as already announced - are in Old Hub archives. I've added the link to it under Hub Announcements. Pls refresh forums index to see it.

V_S
3rd May 2011, 08:51 PM
I found one strange problem in 'Memories of Yesteryears' thread. The 'Last Post' column shows the last post in which sub-thread. I see now as 'Medhavigal (1955-Tamil)'. Sometimes I see '1950-1960'. But when I click the 'Memories of Yesteryears' link, I don't see the above sub-threads for some reason. I expected that sub-thread to be at the top of the page (after any sticky threads) as it was the one which had the last post.

This makes difficult to search for a thread for which we need to post. Is this a known issue or can you please look into it?

Update: Just observed all the sub-threads (topics) are there, but it is not ordered by the last post date. It is in random fashion which makes it disappear from the first page.

RR
30th September 2011, 09:32 AM
The thread sorting problem has been resolved. Also now you can view all old topics by default.