PDA

View Full Version : wanderings

Querida
26th January 2005, 10:49 AM
hey y'all not so talented in tamil so starting a chain story in english...we use to play this as a game except it would turn out hilarious because we would write down a line and fold the paper so that previous lines could not be read and only the most recent line could be read..and then at the end the story was read altogether....sorry about going off on that tangent...though i do encourage it for this thread :D ...k here it goes:

so there he was after all this time having worked so hard and ended up with nothing to show for it. Now he had nothing better to do then move somewhere else. Yet he knew his nomadic essence would not let him stay one place too long... NEXT?

pavalamani pragasam
26th January 2005, 02:55 PM
The wanderlust in him kept goading him on. This modern Ulysses did enjoy his travails. But was he peaceful with the family tied to him? How well did his family enjoy being towed from place to place? Naturally at one stage the family opted to stay anchored in a chosen place leaving the wanderer free on his missions. Strange are the needs of men & women. Mammon & Cupid played havoc with the poor wanderer's adventurous trail.

Querida
26th January 2005, 10:02 PM
oh im so honoured to have your reply...thank you for your piece... :D

NM
27th January 2005, 03:46 PM
..yet, he seemed to have made up his mind! Just like his father before him and his father before him, he decided to give way to his inner feeling.
"Maya! Maya!" he shouted across the narrow sandy road.
Out came Maya from a makeshift house, his heavily pregnant wife, " yeah, what's up this time?" she shouted back...

pavalamani pragasam
27th January 2005, 04:54 PM
Ulysses immediately fell silent. He knew what will happen next. He shall never learn his lesson. Never did his forefathers either.

Querida
28th January 2005, 04:09 AM
Maya waiting for an answer nervously wrung her hands knowing for sure that Ulysses had that restless look in his deep brown eyes...she knew that he had tried very hard to suppress his 'wandering' sense especially because with this pregnancy turning out to be difficult...she knew that he was near breaking point...his aimless walks were getting longer and longer...and his concentration at work was getting worse..already the boss had tersely explained that Ulysses wasn't being paid to daydream.
Maya look down the dusty path and wondered where Ulysses would lead her to now... NEXT? :D

pavalamani pragasam
28th January 2005, 07:48 AM
Maya turned back sensing somebody standing behind her. It was her mother-in-law, Mahamaya. She put her right hand sympathetically on the young woman's shoulder, "Don't worry dear. History keeps on repeating itself. But the consolation is with every repetition man is becoming wiser. Ulysses is a smart guy. He will fight it like a man! Let us give him enough breathing space!"

NM
28th January 2005, 09:33 AM
Ulysses walked towards his Mom and Maya, very slowly, he seems to be dragging his feet....
"Ma, what did you feel when Pa left us to look for a better job?"

"Son, what I felt was something that can never ever be explained. I felt so much hatred for him for leaving me with you and your sister. Somehow, deep inside, I knew I will never see him again......" said Ma, her eyes glistening with tears.

"Oh! Ma, am really sorry ......." Ulysses said...and turned to his wife

"Maya, you know I love you dearly, you are the one and only for me but you do understand I have to do this, cheri?" he paused....

pavalamani pragasam
28th January 2005, 01:26 PM
Mom gave out a short laugh. "Yes, you men break our hearts when you leave our hearth. Sita followed Rama to the woods saying where Rama was was Ayothy. It was a honeymoon with a brother-in-law to run errands for them & to keep vigil. You too, Maya dear, followed my son like a gypsy woman carrying your chattel from town to town parting with a considerable part of your earning for renting a house. But now with the baby it is going to be a real ordeal if you decide to accompany this nomad."
"What your mom says is true,dear. Why cant you be satisfied with what you earn here? Cant we be more frugal? Your nearness shall be precious than all luxuries you may bring us from abroad. Think! what is the meaning of marriage if seas should keep us apart at the prime of our life?"

pavalamani pragasam
28th January 2005, 05:35 PM
With that scene the director finished the day’s shooting of his ambitious film & ordered the unit to pack up. After seeing off the main artists he waited on the spot for some more time to meet his friend to discuss the very important matter about his sister’s affair.