PDA

View Full Version : padmarajan,bharathan films

danny
25th January 2005, 12:08 PM
padmaraajan - the best scriptwriter/director malayalam film has ever seen..
bharathan - the best creative director ever..

its sad that talks about their films are rarely heard nowadays...
lets discuss abt their films ...

krishna
8th February 2005, 04:24 PM
I Like Padmarajan'S "Moonam Pakkam". I am considering it as a classic film .The script and the acting of Mr. thilakan all are splendid.

abbydoss1969
15th February 2005, 08:09 PM
padmaraajan - the best scriptwriter/director malayalam film has ever seen..
bharathan - the best creative director ever..

its sad that they are rarely heard nowadays...
lets discuss abt their films ...

When I was younger I,d seen two movies on DD sunday afternoons when they show award winning movies.Those two films were eye openers for me because upto then I,d seen only tamil films!
I gradually grew interested in films now I,m trying to be an assistant director in TFM.Now I watch MFM on TV because I learn so much from them Ive found out both movies are by padmarajan:namakkum arkkam munthiri thopp&Thuvana thumbikal!
t

pradheep
16th February 2005, 10:04 PM
dear abbydoss
I too used to watch all award winning movies on sunday afternoon . what else where your favoruites that you saw in awards

abbydoss1969
17th February 2005, 08:15 PM
dear abbydoss
I too used to watch all award winning movies on sunday afternoon . what else where your favoruites that you saw in awards

Hi pradheep,
I remember some mallu movies like:koodevide by padmarajan,one movie with mammooty and shobana directed by Iv sasi about an older man falling in love with young girl remember that?
A couple of satyajit ray movies like ghare bhare (hope name is right)
what else do you remember

Nitya
19th February 2005, 08:42 AM
I don't know about Padmarajan, but hasn't Bharathan died about seven or so years ago??

abbydoss1969
19th February 2005, 07:48 PM
I don't know about Padmarajan, but hasn't Bharathan died about seven or so years ago??
Hi,
Both of them are dead and gone

danny
22nd February 2005, 01:33 PM
they are dead...but their films 'll never die...

danny
22nd February 2005, 01:44 PM
guys n gals

its worth watching these films directed by padmarajan

nammukku paarkaan munthirithopukal
thoovanthumbikal
koodevide
innale
oridathoru phayalvan
moonampakkam
peruvazhiyambalam
aparan
njan gandharvan
deshadanakili karayaarilla
kallan pavithran
kariyila kaattupole....

and these bharathan films

prayanam (script by padmarajan)
thazhvaram (script M T)
vaishaly
oru minaminuginu nurungu vettam
thakara (script by padmarajan)
rathi nirvedham
amaram
chamayam
vengalam
lorry
pranamam
etc.........

Niranjana
22nd February 2005, 02:10 PM
I loved Bharathan's "Oru Minaminuinginte nurungu vattam". AMAZING Performances by Nedumudi Venu & Sharada.

abbydoss1969
23rd February 2005, 08:05 PM
Hi
Is not Nyan Ghandharvan padmarajan's last film?
why do you put that in "must see" list.It is a boring rambling movie.I didn't like the film at all.Had he lost his touch by then?

danny
24th February 2005, 12:50 PM
yes njan gandharvan was his last film...in fact it was his dream project...it so happened tht he died after the film was released...padmarajans good works came towards his end...it was bharathan who lost touch at the later stages, he took movies like devaragam, churam, manjeeradwani, which we cannot consider movies with "bharanthan touch"

Niranjana
25th February 2005, 09:59 PM
You are rite, Danny. Bharathan's last movies were really bad.
"Manjeerdhwani' was not even released, was it?

blahblah
26th February 2005, 04:12 PM
Hi Guys,If I may interfere, towards his end Bharathan was trying to cope with a huge financial burden and was forced to take movies targeted at a larger audience,like Tamil and Telugu.He died with a huge debt burden,which his widow and actress K.P.A.C Lalita payed back with hard work and dignity.She even had to sell the house which was his dream.

I hold 'Devaragam',a good movie.I have watched most of their movies and believe,'Thakara' was a great film,where both
worked together [It was in this movie, Nedumudi Venu played 'Chellappanassari',which still remains one of his memorable characters].

It was very adventurous for Padmarajan to take a movie like 'Njan Gandharvan',but great artistes take that risk.I admire them both and can't see a bad movie by any of them,except Churam.I still believe Bharathan was forced to do that movie.May be I am biased,but I am one of those people who remeber them both even after they pass away,just for their work.Their work was revolutionary and brought subjects that have not been thought about so far by script writers or directors[Take for example,'Rathi nirvedam].

Both Padmarajan and Bharathan were legendary for Malayalam Cinema.They led Malayalam film field to great heights,while their resources were very much limited compared to the other languages' film industries.