PDA

View Full Version : Sudden change

bhargavi.raj
25th January 2005, 02:14 AM
It was a rainy day in Rupam chawl and all the people where either inside the house or running to protect themselves from rain . But nothing changes in Inderjeeth’s life .Inderjeeth my neighbor who had just come from a village near Despur 400miles from Calcutta. I have known inderjeeth only for a year It had been never easy for a new comer to adjust in a big city like Calcutta and for inderjeeth it was more difficult since he was from a village. After struggling for many months he finally got a job in a private courier company.

Even in this rain he was getting ready for work. Trying to make his breakfast. I remember the 1st time he tried to make an omelet , he had burnt everything and he came running to my house in hunger.. ‘dada ,can u please give me some bread ‘I liked his childish face and from that day he was very open and friendly with me.
Inderjeeth was leaving and as he was locking I waved him and he gave me a smile and left. From the corner I noticed a red color parcel which was not covered properly. May be he didn’t parcel it very well.
I hurried to warn him about that… he was just one floor below me.
I shouted’’ inderjeeth.. your parcel’’
Seeing me he hid the parcel in his raincoat and he hurried form that place as if he didn’t hear me

to be continued