PDA

View Full Version : Shankar Vs A.R.Rahman

vjrag_ind
24th January 2005, 08:31 PM
When whiz director Shankar, who has made a career out of Rehman's music in his films, chose Harris Jeyaraj for his much-talked about Anniyan, tongues naturally started wagging that Shankar and Rehaman have had a fall out.

The rumor mills had it that Rehman took inordinately long time for composing music for Boys that Shankar was thoroughly miffed.

Alas, director Shankar has put an end to speculations that he opted for Harris Jeyaraj to score music for Anniyan only after a feud with Rehman.

Shankar says "I have no problems with Rehman. He is a rich treasure with abundant talent. Hailing from Tamilnadu, Rehman has made it to Bollywood and Hollywood with his extraordinary effort. He has got little time to concentrate here. Whereas I need to spend a lot of time with my music director for getting my songs composed. Hence, I went for Harris Jeyaraj this time. As such there are no troubles or difference of opinion between me and Rehman".

So how does it feel working with Harris? Shankar is chuffed. "However I am happy that Haris Jeyaraj has done what Rehman does for me."

The highlight of Harris' music in Anniyan is said to be couple of undiluted Carnatic songs.

svaisn
25th January 2005, 09:51 AM
What ever it is ..

my wish is that he joins with ARR again for his next movie

dinesh2002
25th January 2005, 03:25 PM
that i dun think so man,incase Anniyan audio becomes a blockbuster hit,then i doubt shankar will go back to ARR...coz all he wants is a hit,and what more,he gets to spend time more with the md,where else ARR is too busy internationally & in hindi!!

vjrag_ind
25th January 2005, 07:48 PM
that i dun think so man,incase Anniyan audio becomes a blockbuster hit,then i doubt shankar will go back to ARR...coz all he wants is a hit,and what more,he gets to spend time more with the md,where else ARR is too busy internationally & in hindi!!

i think you are wrong dinesh :). well i hope you are wrong. There was an article not too long ago in dinamalar about ROBO. Sujatha (the writer) said something about it. Though I didnt read it, i heard the project might be on the floors soon.

dinesh2002
25th January 2005, 08:32 PM
yea man...i hope not,but i feel it is..lets hope im wrong,btw,i taut ROBO is Anniyan???no??? :shock:

A.ANAND
26th January 2005, 07:49 AM
'RAHMANAI NAMBI SHANKER ILLAI','SHANKERAI NAMBI RAHMAN ILLAI'

MADDY
26th January 2005, 08:59 AM
i personally feel ARR shuld leave shankar after the bad name that Boys got from ppl........luckily ARR escaped any criticism from ppl. for that pervert effort of shankar......ARR shuld instead join hands with new directors like lingusamy,bharani,charan..........

A.ANAND
26th January 2005, 09:27 AM
yes,i agree with you maddy!!

dinesh2002
26th January 2005, 11:55 AM
dun u feel shame to say this kinda words bout shankar??? hey man,he played a huge role in ARR's best scores!!! im sure u didint insult Shankar when Indian or Mudhalvan movie released,..not to forget Boys brought ARR back in form...before that,everyone ignored his albums,eventhough its a masterpeice,and also remember man,the song which is the most popular in bombay dreams is shakalaka baby,if he didnt compose it with shankar,where is bombay dreams famouse song????but im not telling shankar is the 1 composed shakalaka baby,but he gave the basic idea..i hope u know what i mean,and please,stop this kinda foolish comment on shankar...

A.ANAND
26th January 2005, 12:40 PM
jangan marahlah dinesh!!cool down!!we not conderm shankar.
we want rahman join with new generation dir. like,ceran,bala,balaji,tharani,selvaragavan ect...thatsall!!

magix
26th January 2005, 12:46 PM
Shankar-a pervert-nu sonna, Selvaraghavan S.J.Suryah-va enna solluvenga?

dinesh2002
26th January 2005, 03:08 PM
magix anna,avange ellam ivangalalakku oru 'superb' dir!!! what eva these guys do they dun mind!!i think arr should avoid SJS,coz he brought ARR & Nithyashree bad name with Markandeya..where r u guys when this issue was up???was still finding fault in shankar's boys????

Vaz
26th January 2005, 07:53 PM
Sorry but what was wrong with that Markandeya song?

I know that there was a controversy but with the little 'knowledge' of tamil that I have, thought that 'spiderman' was worse??

vjrag_ind
26th January 2005, 07:59 PM
Guys,
Picturization of a song/concept of the movie has nothing to do with the music director. For example some of Kamal's movies like Indran Chandran had vulgar crap in it. But nobody said Illayaraja should move away from Kamal.
The lyrics in the movie "New" wasnt vulgar. If they were you should blame Vairamuthu for writing them and ARR for composing music for those lyrics. What the director does is beyond the reach of the MD.

:) Peace out.

NOV
27th January 2005, 07:14 AM
Congratulations guys! I see some maturity on your part, when you don't hold any thing against some one who has had a fallout with your idol.

Shankar has been one of the most glamourous directors in Tamil Film industry, taking it to new heights and reaches. I used to be a defender of the movie Boys - problem was Tamil audiences largely expect all films to cater for all audience. We need to grow out of that thinking. As a person who was personally affected by "the scene" (thats another story), Boys is nothing more than a page out of most teen males lives.

magix
27th January 2005, 07:41 AM
I agree w/ NOV..

One film, and a few scenes in it can never erase all the good work he's done till now.

NOV
27th January 2005, 08:27 AM
you agree?

Well, what I meant was there was nothing wrong with what Shankar did in Boys.
The issues of "one movie" "few scenes" don't arise at all!

dinesh2002
27th January 2005, 08:47 AM
yo guys,u didint know that this media guys,the complained to Nitya shree asking her y did she sang that song,she say she had no choice,coz it was ARR was the request her to sing,if its other md,she wont accept,and if im not mistaken,Vaali too got sum prob with that song for writing the lyrics

ps : Vaali wrote all the songs,vairamuthu only wrote 1 song = spiderman!!!!!!!!!

A.ANAND
27th January 2005, 09:53 AM
Topica matungappa thambigala!!
sattiyamma sollaren ,ungapurane shanker next movie withARRRRRRRRRRRRRR..
Appadi nadakillana NAAN ORU SIDE MISAIYA EDUTUKIEN..UNGUPPURANA!!!

dinesh2002
27th January 2005, 12:56 PM
Anand,hahahahahahhhaa,ur realy funny man!!! hahaha...anna,1st of all ungalaakku misai iruka .... :D:D:D:D:D:D jus kidding :D... btw,im very sure too,shankar also told he went to harri just for THIS TIME (ANNIYAN) only!!...so def next project is with ARRahman!!!

jaiganes
27th January 2005, 02:45 PM
There is always a first time for everything...!!!!
:roll:

Cinefan
27th January 2005, 06:09 PM
Digression

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/12886.html

ARR has composed a special song which will be played in the World XI Vs Asia XI cricket match for Tsunami victims in Kolkatta on Feb 13.

vjrag_ind
27th January 2005, 07:45 PM
Congratulations guys! I see some maturity on your part, when you don't hold any thing against some one who has had a fallout with your idol.

Shankar has been one of the most glamourous directors in Tamil Film industry, taking it to new heights and reaches. I used to be a defender of the movie Boys - problem was Tamil audiences largely expect all films to cater for all audience. We need to grow out of that thinking. As a person who was personally affected by "the scene" (thats another story), Boys is nothing more than a page out of most teen males lives.

NOV, i hope u didnt include me in that "guys" grouping :). I still stand by the fact that Boys is not a vulgar movie. Its taken exactly like the way a lot of teenagers/college students talk. I was just defending ARR saying that even IF it was vulgar, it wasnt the MD's fault. One more thing the very reason for this topic was to say that there was/is NO fallout between them.

A.ANAND
28th January 2005, 06:57 AM
vairamuthu comment his releshanship with arr@ir in thatstamil.com
and he say's godfather songs will rocks..

svaisn
28th January 2005, 08:40 AM
Anand....

Please give the details of the link

A.ANAND
28th January 2005, 09:08 AM
WWW.THATSTAMIL.COM

dinesh2002
28th January 2005, 06:13 PM
hey anand,plz translate for me plz,im a slow tamil reader...dhanksenge!!!

dinesh2002
28th January 2005, 10:16 PM
Vairamuthu- Illayaraja patch up?
IndiaGlitz
Friday, January 28, 2005

Vairamuthu the noted lyricist and national award winner seems to be in a mood to bury the hatchet with Illayaraja. “ We had worked for five years only but our rift has lasted for 20 years. Even today people are asking about us means our working together has made a lasting impression. When I felt I was losing importance he sent me out. In the spur of the moment I had too reacted. Now with time everything has mellowed down I hope. In between Illayaraja had a problem which I suggested a solution through Rajni. If not for working relationship at least we should be friends. I went for his son’s marriage. Let us see” said Vairamuthu. The lyricist said that A R Rahman’s Godfather in which he writes the lyrics would be a hit. It is now the turn of Illayaraja.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/12929.html

A.ANAND
29th January 2005, 06:48 AM
Hey dinesh,but my inglish is very poorlah!!anywere i translate in tamil coment on arr by vairamuthu in few line.
1.rahman kallam kabadam illatha oru vellai ullam konda pillai.
2.avarudan pesuvathe thani sugam.
3.god father padattin padalgal 'kalakkum'
4.rahman is best human being.

dinesh2002
29th January 2005, 03:17 PM
Another Tamil Project ?? Mazhai - Simbhu & Thrisha

baluradhika asks Hi Chanakya, when r u going to direct your own movie
including music?
Silambarasan says Maybe next year. But the music will be by Rahman

saigan asks wht is ur next film after thotti jaya
Silambarasan says I am doing a movie with S.J Suryah. He is directing
the movie. Rahman is giving the music, Jeeva is the cameraman. I am
also writing a script and the movie name maybe `Mala`.

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=13630879

Simbu and Trisha teaming once again?

After a gap of almost a year and a half, Silambarasan and Trisha will
be coming together in a film titled Malai. Their earlier movie Alai
with a wafer thin story and predictable scenes miserably failed at
the box-office. There were even rumours about alleged romance in real
life too.
P.L.Thenappan produces this film for Sri Rajlakshmi Films.
Interestingly Thenappan launched three projects – Madhavan-Sada
starrer Priyasakhi, Srikanth - Gopika starrer Kanaa Kanden and this
film with Simbu simultaneously.
It is believed that after the super-duper success of Manmadhan (where
Simbu has done the directorial supervision), the producer has
considered Simbu's name for direction too. If not Alai, will Malai do
the trick for them at least this time?

http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/livewire.asp?
n=malai28.txt

dinesh2002
29th January 2005, 03:18 PM
yo anand,romba nandri,aanal,did vairamuthu spoke bout Anniyan songs?or hj?

dinesh2002
29th January 2005, 03:28 PM
Another Tamil Project ?? 20-40-60 by S J Surya -RAJINI ??

S J Surya to direct Rajini:

Behindwoods
January 28, 2005

After Chandramukhi, Rajini has accepted the offer to act in the Jayam fame ‘Editor’ Mohan’s movie. As Rajini usually plan’s around only three movies a year, many kollywood directors are striving to get a suitable story for him, so that they may get a chance to do their film with the Super Star.

The first among these directors’ is director cum actor S J Surya, who is already ready with a suitable story, exclusively tailor made for the Super Star. The story has been named 20-40-60 by S J Surya.

According to the story line, Rajini stars in triple roles and pairs along two heroines in the film. The story line for the film is also said to move along in a rapid pace such as Rajini’s previous ventures like Muthu and Basha.

As the script for the story is also ready at hand, Surya is looking forward for an appointment with the Super Star.

http://www.behindwoods.com/News/28-1-05/rajini_surya.htm

A.ANAND
29th January 2005, 08:36 PM
i remember,few months ago shanker say's his interview in
ananta vikatan mag.about his next projek after anniyan.
he say's,'my next projek is in telugu film'!!!!
this is not ajoke but siriusly...

dinesh2002
29th January 2005, 10:03 PM
oh NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :shock: :x :( :cry: :?

y???i was expecting another magic in tamil!!!!!!!!!

MADDY
30th January 2005, 09:35 AM
Mr.NOV and to all ppl. defending shankar.....see perversion is one thing i'm against and not good sexy scenes.......it is still so romantic to see "pudhu vellai malai"'s scenes......but feeling aunty's a**es while they r shopping is too much(girlfriend song)...even SJS shuld be condemned for perversion but he gets the benefit of youth which is not the case with shankar who is so much experienced now......

and to all ppl., have u guys analysed ARR's recent flop movies.....it is all cos of directors(supposedly big)......they give a bad movie and it falls on ARR's head......here's the list:
1.Swades-Ashutosh's painfully slow movie
2.Ayutha Ezhuthu - no azhutham from Mani in this movie
3.KKS- was it bharathiraja???i can't believe it....
4.Boys- Shankar's poor script......

so guys i think ARR has to work with young minds...if he continues with these "pistha" directors then his end is pretty near......

chinivaaz
31st January 2005, 12:34 AM
Maddy..
Even sjs cannot be given any benefit and all taht rubbish
PERVERSION IS PERVERSION irrespective of the age of the PERVERT!!!

dineshmalaysia
9th February 2005, 03:16 PM
-deleted-
spam

sad
9th February 2005, 04:16 PM
** offensive post deleted **

svaisn
9th February 2005, 04:32 PM
Dinesh,

First of all who is this HR?? (Is it Harris)

Dont even dream that HJ can overtake ARR...

Wait for Godfather and BF

dinesh2002
13th February 2005, 07:59 PM
anniyan & godfather audio will release on same day i guess!!

vjrag_ind
22nd February 2005, 12:46 AM
On a totally different topic....Looks like ARR attended Srikanth Deva's (Music Director Deva's son) wedding. There is a picture on IndiaGlitz. :lol

Rivals yet friends.

dinesh2002
22nd February 2005, 08:07 PM
yo man..it also has the video..clip 6...damn cool...check it out...!!

NOV
23rd February 2005, 08:59 AM
On a totally different topic....Looks like ARR attended Srikanth Deva's (Music Director Deva's son) wedding. There is a picture on IndiaGlitz. :lol

Rivals yet friends.
There is no rivalry among them.
The only rivalry is among their fans. :)
As far as I know, ARR had even asked Deva to score BGM for some movies he has MDed.

Music4Ever
24th February 2005, 12:27 AM
As a matter of fact, in an interviw on Sun TV, Deva praised ARR for his achievements. IIRC, he said that, ARR, at a very young age came up with the wonderful Vande Maataram album. It appears, though, that ARR is not much interested in doing BGM.

NOV, however much we may say that the rivalry is among fans and not the MD's, I somehow feel IR and ARR are not in the same wavelength, as far as genuine friendship is concerned. :D

I may be wrong, that's just my view.

NOV
24th February 2005, 07:29 PM
NOV, however much we may say that the rivalry is among fans and not the MD's, I somehow feel IR and ARR are not in the same wavelength, as far as genuine friendship is concerned. :D
I may be wrong, that's just my view. Without going into details, I can safely say that this will change in the future in the passage of time.
Just look at MSV and IR......

vjrag_ind
25th February 2005, 03:16 AM
I may be wrong, that's just my view. Without going into details, I can safely say that this will change in the future in the passage of time.
Just look at MSV and IR......

NOV is right about the fact that the rivalry(personal)...but as far as geniune friendship wavelength goes, there is no need to be that way. Both of them respect each other. Thats all that matters.

baba88
2nd March 2005, 07:55 PM
Anniyan is only old story. The speciallity of Anniyan is that it is a big budget movie. So there will be the best of best indian Technology. It's old wine in a new bottle.
But Shankar is afraid of Sachin, Chandramukhi, Mumbai express, because he knows that Anniyan is nothing new.
So good bye Anniyan.

dinesh2002
2nd March 2005, 08:06 PM
hello man...so whats the story bout???u know ???do tell us!

baba88
3rd March 2005, 08:29 PM
I read this in a News.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/13465.html

Cinefan
9th March 2005, 12:06 PM
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=13689154

Anniyan audio will be launched in the 1st week of April,film should be out on May 5th or 12th.

dinesh2002
9th March 2005, 04:10 PM
Hollywood Celebrities for Anniyan audio release

The much hyped Vikram - Shankar combo film Anniyan’s audio release scheduled to be on April 14, the producer and the director are planning to bring Hollywood celebrities for the audio launch.
The movie in its final stages has been made on a lavish budget. Shankar’s movies normally generate great excitement for their stunning picturesque locales and for their songs. With Harris Jayaraj’s music in Anniyan the excitement has doubled. There are high expectations among the distributors, audio cassette dealers and the media.
‘With an intention to give the Tamil audience a movie with the Hollywood standard, I am producing this movie and Shankar has brought it to reality’, says Ravichandran.
The film distributor says “The songs in Shankar’s movies always turned to be big hits, Jeans for instance made a record. Anniyan would break that record too”. :roll: :lol:

http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/livewire.asp?n=anniyan09.txt

alias
11th March 2005, 03:05 AM
yes Dinesh that is a big joke. Here is my analysis

100 Anniyan = 1 Parasuram
100000000000 Parasuram = 1 jeans.
So you know where Anniyan Stands. I think Shankar will realise when Anniyan is released and will struggling to beat Boys.... Man, boys music did not get recognization because the boys flop, if hte movie would have been hit, then it would have broken couple of records. Just Miss...

dinesh2002
11th March 2005, 04:50 PM
btw,among Shankar - ARRahman combo,which is thier highest selling album???

my dear alias,boys audio is considered a super hit....

MADDY
12th March 2005, 09:08 AM
Shankar-ARR's most successful album is Kadhalan.......it is the highest sold album in TFM history as well.....it sold 12 lakh units in 1994.....this record is something like sachin's ODI hundreds...people can only dream of breaking it........

Nayagan
12th March 2005, 01:47 PM
Guys in the hindu interview Shankar says he and ARR have split. This is shocking..I thot shankar went to HJ due to lack of dates. Anyone has more info?

http://www.hindu.com/fr/2005/03/11/stories/2005031101810100.htm[/img]

dinesh2002
12th March 2005, 03:01 PM
In all your earlier films, the highlights were the chartbusters from A. R. Rahman. Now with "Anniyan," you are teaming up with Harris Jayaraj for the first time. Do you miss Rahman?

I agree that Rahman and I have clicked in a big way, but both of us have decided to go our separate ways. And working with Harris is an experience, and he has given me some amazing tunes, which, I assure you, are going to be mind blowing.

http://www.hindu.com/fr/2005/03/11/stories/2005031101810100.htm

Vaz
12th March 2005, 11:35 PM
I'm not saying that Anniyan songs are gonna be bad... but I'm damn sure that Shankar will get back to ARR for his next venture (in probably two or three years)!

Even ARR said that he wanted but couldn't work on Anniyan...
So I don't think there is any problem between them.

stone cold
13th March 2005, 07:42 AM
I agree that Rahman and I have clicked in a big way, " but both of us have decided to go our separate ways "

only 4 this movie or his upcoming movies also???That's will remain a doubt.

dinesh2002
13th March 2005, 07:45 AM
for all upcoming projects too...... :(

A.ANAND
13th March 2005, 05:16 PM
athukkutha annaike sonna'rahmanai nambi shanker illa'
shankerai nambi rahman illainnu'!!!yaaru ketta??
dont worrylah..annniyan padattoda shanker overrated
director listla join agiduvar.anniyan film super hit analum kavalai illai!!

sad
14th March 2005, 07:21 AM
i read news tat Shankar's Anniyan story is exactly Ameer's Raam... So Shankar is reshooting anniyan... ANNIYAN = RAAM.
Yet another BOYS/Thulluvatho illamai tragedy!

A.ANAND
14th March 2005, 12:53 PM
anniyan sure 200%'masal thosi'movie !!!

dinesh2002
22nd March 2005, 08:16 PM
any news on anniyan guys?!

sharus007
30th March 2005, 11:42 PM
went to my cousins house.. they played a song from aniyan.. a karnatik raga.. they will send it to my email when i get it will post here.. i would say ok but hmmm rahman touch not in....and album releasing in may
dinesh... sharad here give ur song will forward to u..the song

dinesh2002
31st March 2005, 08:36 PM
hey..how does it sounds??promisin to be a hit???

vjrag_ind
2nd May 2005, 07:02 PM
I am reviving this topic to see if Shankar's choice of HJ was worth it. Anniyan's songs are out now and what do you guys think? Should Shanakar have waited for A.R.R's dates instead of opting for his clone (sorry cheap shot, had to take it :D )

Vaz
2nd May 2005, 09:24 PM
Definitly Shanker should have waited for ARR...
Anniyan lacks the uniqueness that the previous ARR/Shanker combo brought. And man for the BGM also HJ is well known for doing some direct lifts from hollywood and ARR movies...
I'm just now listening to the BGM of Swades and man... what a score! So ya... He was wrong!

dinesh2002
3rd May 2005, 01:00 PM
yo man,its no use we,arr fans,the one telling him this,no use,we need this word straight from his mouth...so i think we better not waste our time on a person like shankar,nandri ketta dog :x ,so lets just wait for Ah AAh & GF!!!

kbee
4th May 2005, 12:29 AM
yo man,its no use we,arr fans,the one telling him this,no use,we need this word straight from his mouth...so i think we better not waste our time on a person like shankar,nandri ketta dog :x ,so lets just wait for Ah AAh & GF!!!
Who is not nandri ketta dog. If Mani is only grateful to IR (specially after Thalapathi), then there is no ARR (Roja). If KB is only grateful to IR, then there is no ARR). If BharathiRaja is only grateful to IR then there is no ARR.

If only ARR has more gratitude for TFM, then we will not have this discussion.

The movie field is filled with people who are pure opportunists and finding gratitude is very difficult. Only exception is Kamal sticking with IR (atleast in Raaj Kamal movies), so no reason why Shankar should be blamed. Also how long can a person wait for MD to show up before starting a movie? Does shankar want anothr Boys-thulluvatho ilamai story? Definitely not. Shankar will go with any MD who is available.

Kris
4th May 2005, 09:20 AM
"If Mani is only grateful to IR (specially after Thalapathi), then there is no ARR (Roja)."

This is probably acceptable, not the other 2 - KB and BR. ARR had enough opportunities after Roja. Everybody wanted ARR after that.

No way ARR needed KB and BR to become ARR.

kbee
4th May 2005, 09:40 PM
Kris

Roja was Balachander's production. He was the one who wanted to move away from IR and NOT mani. Thats why I said KB.

During the initial years of ARR, it was BR, Mani and Shankar who blindly signed up for ARR.Others hesitated a little bit. BR used to be so loyal to IR and he changing to ARR was a total betrayel, but then it is "nandri ketta ulagam". Now BR is back to IR, but probably his movie carrier is almost over. BR is a guy who can give real native subject and movie and he going to ARR was a big mistake (again songs from Karuthamma, KV etc are very good, but does not go with the movies)

Movies
5th May 2005, 10:12 AM
>>>
If only ARR has more gratitude for TFM, then we will not have this discussion.<<<

What the hell r u talking about??

R u outta ur minds?>???

R u trying to say people shud stick to where ever their born?..
Then why cant all babies born be at the same place they were born!

Dude your just jealous IR LOST badly to the MAN of Tamil MUsic!

And the only reason Kamal sticks with IR is that IR is passive ! He allows Kamal to sing, prolly compose. and kamal likes showin off , and who knows he may feel he knows more than IR!

Dude Grow up! I know what i said was absurd, but thats the only way sayin ur absurd!

dinesh2002
5th May 2005, 04:36 PM
"If Mani is only grateful to IR (specially after Thalapathi), then there is no ARR (Roja)."

This is probably acceptable, not the other 2 - KB and BR. ARR had enough opportunities after Roja. Everybody wanted ARR after that.

No way ARR needed KB and BR to become ARR.

my dear,if u didnt know,MR stills praises IR more then ARR.... i have seen this many times... so this shows MR still appriciates IR... wherelse shankar makka?? only apriciate ARR for time beeing! thats y i said nandri ketta dog!!

Vaz
5th May 2005, 07:03 PM
The point is that MR praised Ilayaraja when there was none of his films waiting to be released... Did he say something like that while waiting for AE, KM, AP, Uyire, Iruvar, Roja, Bombay to release? No man...

We are in a business world... To sell a product you have to publicise it and hype it. You cannot afford saying that it is not as good as the previous one. That is what Shanker has done... He has never criticized ARR... even in his last interview he said that Anniyan songs are not inferior to his previous films. He could have said that this is the best one among all his films but no. Look at the interviews he has given about the songs of Boys (Boom Boom going to be a national anthem!).
Anyway I feel sad that ARR did not work for Anniyan coz' I think that it is gonna be a great movie...
But I'm damn sure that the Shanker-ARR combo will be revived again!

dinesh2002
5th May 2005, 07:32 PM
The point is that MR praised Ilayaraja when there was none of his films waiting to be released... Did he say something like that while waiting for AE, KM, AP, Uyire, Iruvar, Roja, Bombay to release? No man...

We are in a business world... To sell a product you have to publicise it and hype it. You cannot afford saying that it is not as good as the previous one. That is what Shanker has done... He has never criticized ARR... even in his last interview he said that Anniyan songs are not inferior to his previous films. He could have said that this is the best one among all his films but no. Look at the interviews he has given about the songs of Boys (Boom Boom going to be a national anthem!).
Anyway I feel sad that ARR did not work for Anniyan coz' I think that it is gonna be a great movie...

machan,MR told this during AE.... & one more when he was releasing his movies in DVD ... anyway.... Shankar & Rahman wont work again if u ask me ... well...u guys can keep on hoping ... enake enamo athu nadekaathu....

Jacky
5th May 2005, 08:48 PM
It's a loss to music fans. Shankar's larger than life budgets for his bubble scripts has always propelled ARR to give more. I can't see some SJ.Surya or K.S.Ravikumar doing this. So, it's better they patch-up sooner than later.

stone cold
6th May 2005, 08:04 AM

u r 100% right buddy.

astronout123
11th May 2005, 11:54 PM
hai all

I want to share this :D

The Randakka song of anniyan's starting beats are same as-------->kola puttu ponnae unna from Arasatchi

2. Arasatchi - the chant of arasatchi has the interlude from dont release me(bombay dreams) "nahi chodu na nahi chodu na" is used as sahodhara in arasatchi by HJ

3. HJ used the same humming of uyrin uyirea -kakka kakka , in arasatchi - 20 vayasu

so, all these make us to come to a desition that HJ is not even equal to ARR's hair. :D :D :D

SHankar made a worst destination

except 2 songs all anniyan songs are Junk
8)

adding to this...

1. Vasool Raja MBBS - Doctor song is an absolute copy from the film
NEW (the new song) entire song is the lift from arr's NEW
The ending beats of that song resembles B to the a of BABA
2. Yuvans 7g song( kan peasum vaarthai) starting is just like Kuchu Kuchu rakkamma in BOMBAY(listen first 2lines)

ARR is the God of Music :lol:

astronout123
14th May 2005, 12:06 AM
hai all

I want to share this

1. Vasool Raja MBBS - Doctor song is an absolute copy from the film
NEW (the new song) entire song is the lift from arr's NEW
The ending beats of that song resembles B to the a of BABA
2. Yuvans 7g song( kan peasum vaarthai) starting is just like Kuchu Kuchu rakkamma in BOMBAY(listen first 2lines)
3. Arasatchi - the chant of arasatchi has the interlude from dont release me(bombay dreams) "nahi chodu na nahi chodu na" is used as sahodhara in arasatchi by HJ

adding to this...

4. Recent Invention/Discovery
The Kadhal Yannai song!

I cannot belive this!
Harris is plalying the role of Deva !
I thought that HJ has some more stuff comparing with others like deva,bharthwaj,VS,YSR etc

But, the Kadhal Yannai crushed everthing!!!!!

it is an absolute copy of The MACARINA song !
Anybody noticed that??
It is an exact lift !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
if so, pls give quick blames on HJ:))

The Randakka song of anniyan's starting beats are same as-------->kola puttu ponnae unna from Arasatchi

HJ used the same humming of uyrin uyirea -kakka kakka , in arasatchi - 20 vayasu

so, all these make us to come to a desition that HJ is not even equal to ARR's hair. 8) :D

SHankar made a worst destination

except 2 songs all anniyan songs are Junk

ARR is the God of Music

8) 8) :D[/b]

dinesh2002
24th May 2005, 08:19 AM
Hi friends,
Shankar's latest interview was aired on Jaya TV last Sunday in the morning. He did not speak one word about HJ even though the interview was on Anniyan. It was a nice interview. They split his name and one quality was assigned to each letter of his name. (S- success, H-hardwork, etc). Here is a translation of what he said on hard work. Its not word to word but i have conveyed what he wanted to say.

Hard Work.

Well, i am not anywhere close to hard work if you look at some of the others. AR Rahman is the epitome of hard work. When we record songs, i used to be very happy with it, but he used to say lets add something more. And ten minutes later it used to sound better and i used to say great sir, lets record it. But he used to refuse. I used to wonder how can you ever make this song better!?! But again after 10 minutes he used to add a small touch to the song and it will sound so beautiful. But he always asks my opinion and makes sure that i am satisfied as well. if i did not like a particular sound he will remove it promtly but that has happened only once. He keeps making a song better till he is totally satisfied. And lets talk about song mixing on the CD. Its the easiest job and musicians start the work at 11 AM and finish it in 2 hrs. But Rahman takes one or two days for that. He makes sure that the songs are mixed properly in the CD. He stays back to make sure it is done and never settles for anything less than perfect. Such a great maestro need not ask others for opinion but he always makes sure everyone including the sound engineer is happy. It is such simplicity and hard work that makes him the best ever composer in India. This is why he has taken Tamil Music to the world. Some great musicians have scored music and people have enjoyed and they have become famous. But this man has made sure that even a foreigner stops to listen to a Tamil Song! At the same time no Tamilian is unhappy. This requires not just pure genius but that hard work and down to earth nature. What a man!

Now i am not sure if they really have a problem. Maybe ARR just dint have the time and shankar had to prove himself after boys film dint do well. He would not have praised him soooooo much if they really had a fight. lets hope they get back soon. for the sake of each other, for the sake of tamil music industry.

any comments

Wasim.
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/arrahmanfans/message/51955

SHANKAR UR BACK TO BUSSINES NOW!!!

svaisn
24th May 2005, 08:39 AM
Cool One :-)

Hope they join hands again

vjrag_ind
24th May 2005, 07:08 PM
Dinesh as you said, looks like there is no rift between the two. (IF the interview is not fabricated...I am hoping you watched it first hand). This is pretty good news. But as ARR himself said, people will give their best only when there is a competition(Healthy). So lets hope that this Anniyan was just a small detour Shankar took from his normal course :), as far as music goes.

MADDY
25th May 2005, 05:54 AM
"But he always asks my opinion and makes sure that i am satisfied as well. if i did not like a particular sound he will remove it promtly "

i think that's where ARR eats up IR and all other MD's......ARR is a master of decentralisation.........nuthin is centralised abt his works......he knows that musically sounding gr8 is less important than how it fits in the movie, that's y he respects director's opinion.....gr8 man with a ideal character.......

dinesh2002
25th May 2005, 04:00 PM
Dinesh as you said, looks like there is no rift between the two. (IF the interview is not fabricated...I am hoping you watched it first hand). This is pretty good news. But as ARR himself said, people will give their best only when there is a competition(Healthy). So lets hope that this Anniyan was just a small detour Shankar took from his normal course :), as far as music goes.

the sad thing is im not the one watched it,it seems the interview is old one during Nov 2004.How come??did anyone watched it that time??how come we were not updated that time?

astronout123
26th May 2005, 01:54 AM
Shankar enriches the songs by his great visual Ideas

ARR Music + Vairamuthu Lyrics + Shankar = Sure hit

dinesh2002
28th May 2005, 04:48 PM
Shankar enriches the songs by his great visual Ideas

ARR Music + Vairamuthu Lyrics + Shankar = Sure hit

Boys didint have Vairamuthu what..but the album was a super hit ;)...but yea...movie didint run well in TN (only in TN)!!

astronout123
29th May 2005, 11:08 PM
I agree !
ARR alone can make a hit!
He dont need any lyrics (EX. Dhol Dhol form AE)

But, I like VM's lyrics !

He enhances the tune by his great lyrics !
No other lyricist can do that!
he uses catchy words to make the song everlasting
Ex. Kannukku mai azhagu!
yakkai thiri

coucou
22nd June 2005, 01:41 AM
amud19 asks WILL YOU JOIN WITH ARR AGAIN?? WE ARE EXPECTING IT..
Shankar says anytime in the future..
in sify.com

coucou
22nd June 2005, 01:41 AM

in sify.com (chat)

dinesh2002
22nd June 2005, 03:59 PM

in sify.com (chat)

he said anytime in future only,not " my Next project"

lancelot
26th June 2005, 12:37 AM
the movie Anniyan is super. mindblowing!!!!!!

it will run a 200 days an more.

only minus point in the movie (frankly) is the music. it's a real let down. may b because v r so used to some of ARR's bests in Shankar's movies.

i say if Shankar used ARR. Anniyan (the movie of the year) would run a 200+100 days.
am sure of it

hehe
:D

coucou
26th June 2005, 03:13 AM
the movie Anniyan is super. mindblowing!!!!!!

it will run a 200 days an more.

only minus point in the movie (frankly) is the music. it's a real let down. may b because v r so used to some of ARR's bests in Shankar's movies.

i say if Shankar used ARR. Anniyan (the movie of the year) would run a 200+100 days.
am sure of it

hehe

:D 200% i agree with you. it is sure vikram is the best actor and shankar THE BEST DIRECTOR.

dinesh2002
27th June 2005, 05:54 PM
well,i think only few of us can realise the missing of ARR in shankar films..as i see here 1 review says HJ mets Shankar's Standard...so no use guys...dun waste ur time to even think " IF ARR COMPOSES,HOW WOULD IT BE "... so its great Shankar got a good replacement for him,and let him continue with Hj...we shall follow ARR where,when & with whom he goes....

enna neenge soluringe?

svaisn
27th June 2005, 06:52 PM
No....

Shankar shuldnt continue woith HJ....

May be he might... But u know i personallky feel that ARR would have done a better job

coucou
27th June 2005, 10:41 PM
well,i think only few of us can realise the missing of ARR in shankar films..as i see here 1 review says HJ mets Shankar's Standard...so no use guys...dun waste ur time to even think " IF ARR COMPOSES,HOW WOULD IT BE "... so its great Shankar got a good replacement for him,and let him continue with Hj...we shall follow ARR where,when & with whom he goes....

enna neenge soluringe?

if arr rahman scored music to anniyan, we would like the songs in first listenning, mush more when we see the movie.
but in anniyan, we have to see clips to like the songs.

coucou
27th June 2005, 10:42 PM
this is only difference but a great mistake for the movie :(

prashanth12
28th June 2005, 04:38 AM

enna neenge soluringe?

if arr rahman scored music to anniyan, we would like the songs in first listenning, mush more when we see the movie.

Actually I liked two songs before I saw the clips, the rest I didn't like before & after watching them on clips.

lancelot
28th June 2005, 07:18 AM

enna neenge soluringe?

Actually I liked two songs before I saw the clips, the rest I didn't like before & after watching them on clips.

i like HJ (not as much as ARR) but his music in Anniyan was way bellow standerd...... because i was expecting the movie sooo mucch i tried to listen to the songs over an over again so that i'll like it. but that didnt work. but the clips in the movie was goooood. it made HJ's music look good.

i think Shankar should not continue with HJ. Shankar an ARR ar like cake and iceing. it's wat goes together.

hehe

lancelot
28th June 2005, 07:21 AM

enna neenge soluringe?

i like HJ (not as much as ARR) but his music in Anniyan was way bellow standerd...... because i was expecting the movie sooo mucch i tried to listen to the songs over an over again so that i'll like it. but that didnt work. but the clips in the movie was goooood. it made HJ's music look good.

i think Shankar should not continue with HJ. Shankar an ARR ar like cake and iceing. it's wat goes together.

hehe

MADDY
28th June 2005, 08:12 PM
Really Shankar and Anniyan missed ARR.......HJ was pathetic, i dunno for wat reason.....his BGM was pathetic esp the one for Vikram's sis in flashback- i laughed like a mad person......i could not sit in the theatre for songs........only Kumaari was good......shankar needs to get back ARR soon or else he will lose his title as a director with good music sense......

coucou
29th June 2005, 02:58 AM
[quote="MADDY"]his BGM was pathetic esp the one for Vikram's sis in flashback- ......quote]

i thing the bgm of the scenes romantics is mind blowing!!!! the bgm give a life to the story. i don't see missing of arr in bgm.

Shankar
29th June 2005, 02:47 PM
BG score was by pravin mani, btw

svaisn
29th June 2005, 05:07 PM
Yes the BGM was by pravin Mani and not HJ.....

Movies
29th June 2005, 10:06 PM
GUYS THE BGM WAS DONE BY HJ!

MADDY
30th June 2005, 09:04 AM
ohhh :oops: .....i thought BGM was by HJ.......i always feel that a single person shuld give songs+BGM for a movie.........cos the MD who gives songs knows the feel of the movie..........

dinesh2002
30th June 2005, 01:13 PM
the BGM is by HJ!!

interz
30th June 2005, 07:27 PM
:confused:

dinesh2002
1st July 2005, 10:43 PM
Shankar's feat of another kind
Giving no room for doubts, the matter was finalized before the release of 'Anniyan.'

Ever since the film got released, there have been numerous offers for Shankar. One such offer has come from Chiranjeevi. The Telugu stars are keen to use technicians from Tamilnadu. The reason? Their talent, hard work, dedication and sincerity.

The top brass from Tamil films are also equally drawn to Andhra - for the good pay and good facilities.

While it is usual to make 150 prints of a Tamil film, it is a common practice to make a minimum of 300 prints in Andhra! So, the budget is more and the earnings are also more.

Shankar has just made a film for 25 crores. The budget for his next film also will be perhaps more, but no less than that. To make such a big budget film in Tamil with high expectations of profit, is like building a 5 star hotel in Kottaampatti! As of now, the only state that can afford such a big budget film is Andhra.

With all this in mind, Shankar is considering Chiranjeevi's offer. It is 90% confirmed that the hero of Shankar's next film is Chiranjeevi and the 40 crore budget will be borne by the company that produced 'Ennavaley.'

Shankar's fee for direction alone will be 5 crores. While this sum raises shocked exclamations from other directors, it's said that no other director in India has been offered such a big fee.

Not only his film, but his earnings are also a feat!
http://www.cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews/new/01072005-2.shtml