PDA

View Full Version : Have a Break - Nice TV Commercials

Cindy
24th January 2005, 03:51 PM
Have a Break.. have a KitKat Break...

and how many other TV ads... have influenzed our daily lives.. some got clicked some got kicked.. some became our all time favorites... how about discussing them here?

lets begin with the old granny's grapewater... enna nee kuzhanthaya irunthappa kandippa ungamma athei than kuduthiruppanga... :wink:

madhu
24th January 2005, 03:53 PM
ha ha !

oru kalathila colgate toothpaste vangi vittu

"enge paadhukappu vaLayam..?" enru kadaikararidam sandai potta manushargal ninaivukku varugirargaL..

good.. innum niraya pesalam ..

Cindy
24th January 2005, 04:00 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good joke Madhu...

And remember the Ericcson's ad? which was the first Indian commercial to win an award at Cannes... Which took Prasson Pandey to fame?

One Black Coffee Please?

madhu
24th January 2005, 04:09 PM
Hi!

enakku ellame jokethan ninaivukku varugiradhu..

sethu ponavanga vayila nescafe oothvangalaam.. yen theriyuma ?

"come alive .. with nescafe " :D

blahblah
24th January 2005, 04:22 PM
Hi friends ,if you will be kind enough to give the English translation in the brackets it will be a great help.

My recent favourite is the Vicks cough drops ad-"Pappa ente koode kalickilla.Pappacku chumayanu"[Pappa won't play with me,he is having cough].

Cindy
24th January 2005, 04:24 PM
I normally change the channel when the commercials are over and the some program begins... will skip to the next channel...

recently the Jr. Horlicks Advt was so cute...

Both mom and mother are predicting the future of their kid..

mom says he would become a space scientist or something .. and the father intervenes and says that he will become a computer engineer... because the other day when he asked him to shut down the windows he shut down the computer.. Microsoft windows... as they were discussing the kid will pull a cart with toy veggs... yelling out.. "Thakkali vendakka.. thakkali vendakka..."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

blahblah
24th January 2005, 04:33 PM
Which ad was it when the parents were arguing over what to name the infant,the little kid says,"Tinku"?

Cindy
24th January 2005, 04:34 PM
The one so irritating is a lady learning to sing and as she raise the pitch her back aches... and ghosh the lady screams .. Sa ri ga ma paaaaaaa... and applies some balm... we will require some balm at the end... some times it repeats at least 3 times

blahblah
24th January 2005, 04:38 PM
Hi guys ,do you remember the Coke ad during the world cup highlighting it as the official sponsors and the Pepsi's reply,"Nothing official about it"? :lol:

Cindy
24th January 2005, 04:38 PM
DINKU...

I think Manhattan credit cards

blahblah
24th January 2005, 04:40 PM
DINKU...

I think Manhattan credit cards
Come on!I am not too sure Cindy.But who cares about the poor advertiser? :cry:

Cindy
24th January 2005, 04:41 PM
waah sunil babu.... nayah ghar, nayee gaadi.. badhiya hain"
that was too cool....

in tamil.. it was - Kalakkitte chandru... puthu veedu... puthu vandi....puthu manaivi...

blahblah
24th January 2005, 04:45 PM
How about the Fevicol ad-The one where the fellow goes fishing?

Cindy
24th January 2005, 04:49 PM
Oh yea.. keul one...

and the classic hutch series.. where the dog follows the kid wherever he goes..there is a joke recently about it..

A mad dog is chasing Banta. Banta laughs while running. Know
why? He says mera sim to Airtel hai phir bhi Hutch ka network follow kar raha hai. ha ha ha

Cindy
24th January 2005, 04:52 PM
TaTa Yellow pages...

when a guy rushes to the hospital happily to see his baby... and to his embarassment the baby was a negro kid.... thats all and they show the yellow pages where he can find the advocate's number for a divorce...

blahblah
24th January 2005, 04:55 PM
The Hutch ad is great and the story very funny.
The Tata yellow pages ad ,I am coming across for the first time.But yes,Innovative. :D

Cindy
24th January 2005, 05:06 PM
The new Glycodin (remember the age old .. naya sau din purana sau din... khasi ke liye tho bus....Glycodin.. please forgive if the pronunciations are wrong)

A new-born child's parents take him to a guruji for naming himthe guruji had a cold and he coughs... the boy's name becomes the "coughing sound". And all his life....the poor guy is confused whenever someone coughs, coz he thinks his name is being called out. Finally, when he gets married, and he goes to the same guruji again to name his own kid.....as he knew again guruji had caught cold, he gives "Glycodin" before he could cough or sneeze.... and the guruji says Ah.. Glycodin !!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

madhu
24th January 2005, 08:09 PM
HI!

what about the "alpenlibe" lolly pop ad ?

Bad Boy
24th January 2005, 09:25 PM
The new Glycodin (remember the age old .. naya sau din purana sau din... khasi ke liye tho bus....Glycodin.. please forgive if the pronunciations are wrong)

What language is it?

madhu
24th January 2005, 10:13 PM
HI ketta paiyan !

adhu rashtrabasha ! :lol:

Cindy
25th January 2005, 08:39 AM
Panee pee.. Panee

for pepsi by Bachan is a nice one

ts
25th January 2005, 04:46 PM
Adverts that irritate me...

Hamam soap where the lady asks her daughter to get a soap and does polambal... irritates me to the core....

recent ones on Good day biscuit... the sardar one just irritates me...

The one on Queen Bra.... gosh... nobody can make one thats worse than this...

Funny one i saw recently was in Europe. This was an advert of a January sale in Gopara Gnanam shop in Europe... the advert says all sort of savings etc etc blah blah blah... and the theme song behind throught the advert (1 minute) is chumma chumma from Charlie chaplin..... wondered if all the offers are chumma chumma...so i called the company and asked them if the offers are good or chumma chumma ..... they didnt like the pun :-)

Another funny one is some gas cooker advert.... in Sun TV... which ends up with the sound of bomb blast... dont know what they expected out of it....

arihantarihant007
26th January 2005, 09:08 PM
contact da given link for divorce!!! (www.bangalorelawyer.com) :lol: :wink: :twisted: :lol: 8)
be sure to get divorce!! ( jokin) :wink:

arihantarihant007
26th January 2005, 09:10 PM
do ya know da new ad of Sania Mirza!!!! its an ad abt tea...... did u guys see it ?/? :lol: :wink:

Cindy
30th January 2005, 10:12 PM
mm.. My list will never end...

Just watched the new KitKat Ad .... the old and new duet with KitKat..

Jham Jhama Jhum Jhum... :D

Cindy
5th March 2005, 01:13 PM
My dear FAIR and LOVELY

(ek chand ka tukda), You are my TVS SCOOTY (First love) and my AIWA (pure passion). I always BPL (believe in the best) and you are SANSUI (better than the best). You are DOMINO'S PIZZA (delivering a million smiles) for me. This is a COLGATE ENERGY GEL (seriously fresh) feeling for me. I want you to be my life partner, but i think you are worried about your father who is a KAWASAKI BAJAJ CALIBER ( the unshakable) and my fahter who is a CEAT (born tough), but don't worry, as i am also a FORD IKON (the josh machine) and rest of our family members are pretty KELVINATORS (the coolest ones). If our fathers say no, we will run away and marry, and PHILIPS (lets make things better). They will feel MIRINDA (zor ka jhatka dhire se lage) and i believe COCA-COLA (jo chahe ho jaye). Trust in God who's always NOKIA (connecting people) who love each other, and do not forget that we are WILLS (made for each other). Now that HYUNDAI (we are listening) the song of love, you must know that love is DAIRY MILK (real taste of life), SATYAM ONLINE (fun fast easy) and PARX (always comfortable). Expecting your reply.

I could write only a little today, but actually PEPSI (yeh dil mange more!).

LG (digitally yours),

XYZ.