PDA

View Full Version : Maestro ilaiyaraaja news & titbits

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

jaiganes
5th July 2012, 11:31 PM
adhukku enna arththam enraal : Suresh has just copy-pasted the info written in some another forum :)

the real meaning was ( as i also follow the same "another forum" ) : That person felt why gvm did not release the full song as teaser ( when it has such a nice charanam ).
o ho?

Sureshs65
6th July 2012, 10:32 AM
raja_fan,

Nope. I did not copy paste from any other forum. These are my words. And I didn't realize I framed them ambiguously.

Jai,

What that person meant is that he was pissed with GVM that the teaser was only of the pallavi and that GVM should have put up some of the charanam for the people to listen and the impact would have been far higher, than just putting up the pallavi. I know see that my post can be read as person was pissed with GVM _because_ the charanams were good :lol: So the exact wording is "the person was pissed with GVM because he did not put up atleast a part of the charanam in the teaser"

raja_fan
6th July 2012, 12:51 PM
raja_fan,

Nope. I did not copy paste from any other forum. These are my words. And I didn't realize I framed them ambiguously.

Jai,

What that person meant is that he was pissed with GVM that the teaser was only of the pallavi and that GVM should have put up some of the charanam for the people to listen and the impact would have been far higher, than just putting up the pallavi. I know see that my post can be read as person was pissed with GVM _because_ the charanams were good :lol: So the exact wording is "the person was pissed with GVM because he did not put up atleast a part of the charanam in the teaser"

Suresh,

Ok. Then I hope you were the same person who typed the exact same words in that "another forum" . If this is also not true, then it is a case of rare coincidence. :)

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
6th July 2012, 12:54 PM
http://tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/Hotnews/2012/july/060712b.asp

ஆகஸ்ட் 4 ந் தேதி மதுரை ரசிகர்களுக்கு மறக்க முடியாத நாளாக அமையப் போகிறது. நமது மண்ணுக்கு வர மாட்டாரா என்று ரசிகர்களை பல காலம் ஏங்கி தவிக்க வைத்த இளையராஜா, அவர்களின் விருப்பப்படியே ராஜா முத்தையா மன்றத்திற்கு வரப்போகிறார்.

அவர் எழுதிய நு£ல்கள் சென்னையில் பிரமாண்டமாக வெளியிடப்பட்டதல்லவா? அதே நு£ல்களை மீண்டும் மதுரையில் வைத்து வெளியிடப் போகிறார்கள். இதில்தான் இசைஞானி இளையராஜா கலந்து கொள்ளப் போகிறார். அதுமட்டுமல்ல, ரசிகர்களின் கேள்விகளுக்கு நேரடியாக பதிலும் அளிக்கப் போகிறாராம்.

இந்த மண்டபத்தில் அன்று காலையில் ஒரு பெட்டி வைக்கப்படவுள்ளது. அதில் தங்கள் கேள்விகளை ரசிகர்கள் எழுதி போடலாம். அதில் முக்கியமான கேள்விகளை ராஜா தேர்ந்தெடுப்பார். மண்டபத்தில் அதற்கு பதிலும் சொல்லவிருக்கிறார்.

இந்த நிகழ்ச்சியில் பாரதிராஜா, மகேந்திரன் உள்ளிட்ட சினிமா பிரபலங்கள் மட்டுமல்லாது குன்றக்குடி அடிகளார் உள்ளிட்ட தமிழறிஞர்களும் கலந்து கொள்ளவிருக்கிறார்கள்.

ஆகஸ்ட் 4 ந் தேதி மதுரை ரசிகர்களுக்கு மறக்க முடியாத நாளாக அமையப் போகிறது

முக்கியமான கேள்விகளை ராஜா தேர்ந்தெடுப்பார். மண்டபத்தில் அதற்கு பதிலும் சொல்லவிருக்கிறார்.
அவிங்களுக்கு மட்டும்தானா! :shaking:

Sureshs65
6th July 2012, 12:58 PM
raja_fan,

Which 'another forum' is that? I haven't typed these words anywhere else. If I have, then my name will be there. I don't have an alias in any other forum. If the same words have been typed, then it should be a coincidence.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
6th July 2012, 05:22 PM
WOW! Raja-Shreya Playlist by sureshs65

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE2FD4B2A84351AA0&feature=plcp

irir123
8th July 2012, 12:04 AM
does anyone have any info as to what happened to HAPPI ??

Devaraagam
8th July 2012, 04:24 PM
like Happi..can someone tell me the availability of Audio Cd of Hello Jaihind?

K
9th July 2012, 02:33 PM
http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/news/2012/07/ilayaraaja-me-attending-liquor-partties-at-once-157292.html

intha maathiru "loos" talks aala than thambikum avarukkum othu pogalayo?

rajaramsgi
9th July 2012, 03:27 PM
http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/news/2012/07/ilayaraaja-me-attending-liquor-partties-at-once-157292.html

intha maathiru "loos" talks aala than thambikum avarukkum othu pogalayo?

கங்கை அமரனுக்கு வாய் நீளமுங்க, உளறலுக்கு பெயர் போனவர்.. இப்போன்னு இல்லை, எப்போதும், ராஜா சாரை எவ்வளவு தூரம் பாராட்டி பேசுவாரோ, அதே அளவுக்கு அவர் மீது சேற்றையும் வாரி வீசுவார். நானும் ஒரு இருபது வருஷமா பார்த்துட்டு வரேன், அவரை பற்றி இவர் பேசினது கொஞ்ச நஞ்சம் இல்லை.

Gregorysab
9th July 2012, 04:23 PM
Singer Shweta Mohan on twitter: "Jus recorded a song for Raja sir for Satyan Anthicaud sir's movie..with Vijay Yesds. Sang with a cold! But happy that Raja sir okayed it :)"

app_engine
9th July 2012, 09:39 PM
'Asai nooRu vakai' melody in Hindi? (http://www.tamilmurasu.org/Inner_Tamil_News.asp?Nid=29502)

இசையமைப்பாளர் இளையராஜாவின் டியூனை இந்தி படத்தில் பயன்படுத்த தடை விதித்து சென்னை ஐகோர்ட் உத்தரவிட்டுள்ளது.

Devaraagam
10th July 2012, 12:01 AM
Today thought of watching IR titles in you tube. different experience.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL29DA318E2EAD887F&feature=edit_ok

K
11th July 2012, 06:39 AM
'Asai nooRu vakai' melody in Hindi? (http://www.tamilmurasu.org/Inner_Tamil_News.asp?Nid=29502)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQYcJ1zKqRQ

this is that

layman10
11th July 2012, 06:28 PM
this is that

That's right, but confusing. The music was licensed. Probably they wanted first 30 seconds of the content and used it. Looks like complaint is that the cue is used thorough out the song. I am not sure how it works. Coming to license deal itself is a great start, they should have worked these things out internally. Why Raja's name is directly mentioned?, Isn't the AGI suppose to be the front on this?. (We cannot assume anything based on these new reports anyway)

kameshratnam
11th July 2012, 07:18 PM
தீபாவளிக்கு வருவதே சந்தேகம்தான் கவுதமின் ‘நீ தானே என் பொன்வசந்தம்’?
WEDNESDAY, 11 JULY 2012 13:24 ADMINISTRATOR HITS: 81

http://www.hellotamilcinema.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1024:2012-07-11-07-59-47&catid=82:fd&Itemid=459

நம்புவதற்கு கொஞ்சம் கஷ்டமான செய்திதான் .ஆனால் வேறு வழி?

செய்வதறியாது திகைத்து, நிற்பதுவே நடப்பதுவே தவிப்பதுவே ஆகிய மூன்றுமாக ஆகியிருக்கிறார் இயக்குனர் கவுதம் வாசுதேவ மேனன்.

ஜூலை 1-ம் தேதி பரபரப்பான ஒரு ஆடியோ வெளியீட்டுவிழா நடத்தி, மூன்றாவது வாரத்தில் படத்தை ரிலீஸ் பண்ணிவிடலாம் என்று கவுதம் தீட்டியிருந்த திட்டத்தில்தான் சமந்தா ரூபத்தில் பெரும் இடி விழுந்திருக்கிறது.

‘நான் ஈ’ தாறுமாறாக ஓட ஆரம்பித்தவுடன், தனக்கு மறுவாழ்வு கொடுத்த கவுதமுக்கே தண்ணி காட்டுகிறாரா சமந்தா என்று யாரும் கடுப்பாக வேண்டியதில்லை. கவுதம் மீதான மரியாதையும், நன்றியும் சமந்தாவிடம் அப்படியேதான் இருக்கிறது. அவருடைய மனசு கவுதமுக்கு ஒத்துழைக்க தயாராக இருக்கிறதே ஒழிய, அவருடைய உடல்நிலை சொல்லிக்கொள்ளும்படி இல்லை.

அப்படி என்னதாங்க பிரச்சினை, ஏன் இவ்வளவு ஓவரா பில்ட்-அப் பண்றீங்க?

அரசல் புரசலாக நடமாடிய சமந்தாவின் சரும வியாதி, கொஞ்சம் அதிர்ச்சி அளிக்கக்கூடிய அளவுக்கு உண்மைதான். ஒரு குறிப்பிட்ட அளவுக்குமேல் விழும் ஒளியை தாங்கும் சக்தியை சமந்தாவின் சருமம் இழந்துவிட்டது.

கடைசியாக சமந்தாவை பரிசோதித்த அமெரிக்க டாக்டர் ஒருவர்,’’ இன்னும் குறைந்தது மூன்று மாதங்களுக்காவது கேமரா,ஃப்ளாஷ் வெளிச்சங்களுக்கு முன்னால் நீ நிற்கக்கூடாது’’ என்று கடுமையாக எச்சரித்திருக்கிறாராம்.

இதைத்தெரிந்துகொண்டபிறகு, கடைசி ஷெட்யூலை சுமார் 30 நாட்கள் வரை ஷூட் பண்ண நினைத்திருந்த கவுதம் ,’’அட்லீஸ்ட் எனக்கு ஒரு பத்து நாட்கள் மட்டுமாவது கால்ஷீட் கொடு .நான் படத்தை முடித்துவிடுகிறேன் ‘’என்று எவ்வளவோ கெஞ்சிப்ப்பார்த்தும் சமந்தா மசியவில்லையாம்.

இப்போது ‘நான் ஈ’யும் பெரிய ஹிட்டாகியுள்ள நிலையில், இனியும் தொந்தரவுகள் அதிகரிக்கும் என்பதால் தனது செல்போனை, ‘ஸாரி இனி இவர் விரும்பும் வரை இவரை தொடர்புகொள்ள முடியாது’ என்று சொல்லவைத்துவிட்டு,ரகஸியமாக சிகிச்சை மேற்கொள்ள கிளம்பிவிட்டாராம் ‘ஈ’யின் காதலி.

சரி நடுவுல சும்மா இருப்பானேன் என்று ‘யோஹன். அத்தியாயம் ஒன்று’ ஸ்கிரிப்ட் வேலைகளில் மூழ்கி விட்டாராம் கவுதம்

rajaramsgi
11th July 2012, 08:08 PM
அப்படி என்னதாங்க பிரச்சினை, ஏன் இவ்வளவு ஓவரா பில்ட்-அப் பண்றீங்க?

அரசல் புரசலாக நடமாடிய சமந்தாவின் சரும வியாதி, கொஞ்சம் அதிர்ச்சி அளிக்கக்கூடிய அளவுக்கு உண்மைதான். ஒரு குறிப்பிட்ட அளவுக்குமேல் விழும் ஒளியை தாங்கும் சக்தியை சமந்தாவின் சருமம் இழந்துவிட்டது.

சரும வியாதியா? உண்மையாக இருக்கலாம். ரொம்ப வருஷத்துக்கு முன்னாடி - லிரில் சோப்பு விளம்பரத்துக்கு வந்த ஒரு பொண்ணு இதே சரும பிரச்சனைல போயே போயிருச்சு. ரொம்ப கொடுமை சார். இப்படி எல்லாமா ஒரு படத்துக்கு தலைவலி வரும்? இதுக்கு போய் ராஜா சார் லண்டன் வரை போய் செரமப்பட்டு இருக்க வேண்டியதில்லை.

irir123
11th July 2012, 09:06 PM
why doesnt GVM make this whole 'skin disease - therefore-NEPV-postponed' announcement official ??

raja_fan
11th July 2012, 09:11 PM
irir123,

Gowthamai paarthaal avar oru introvert enbathu thelivaa theriyuthu.
Don't ask me if I am an expert in reading face. But I strongly feel that Gowtham is a "Nenjazhuththam" type. These kind of people will not open their mouth even if they face severe hardships. Some kind of "polished" anouncement may come.

SoftSword
11th July 2012, 09:16 PM
idhula gvm'ku enna periya hardshipnu enakku puriyala...
i understand its something of a worry, but 3 month impediment/delay/shoot-stall ellaam film industryla sagajam dhaanae...
adhuvum illaama don think samantha would be so stubborn to gvm who actually gave her this career...

btw rf,
introvert'kum nenjaluttham, strong mindedness'kum enna connection?

raja_fan
11th July 2012, 09:31 PM
Softsword,

I did not mean strong mindedness..
Namma oorla nenjazhuththam enbathai "strong mind" enra porulil solvathillai. Ellathaiyum ulla vachchu azhuththi vaippathai solvaargal enru ninaikkiren.
Gowtham maathiri muga vettu konda sila perai naan sandhiththirukkiren..avargal ellaame ippadi irundhu naan paarthathaal ivarum appadi enru thonrugirathu...
mathapadi aaraaychi seiyya villai..aala vidunga..:)

irir123
11th July 2012, 10:14 PM
introvert aa, extrovert aa - yaarukku venum! flight + star hotelukkellaam kaasai kotti london varaikkum poi, angel + abbey road studios rent eduthhu, audio engineersukku kaasu koduthhu, orchestravum hire panni, record panni, SONY companykku rightsum vithhadhukku pinnadi, 'skin disease/mouth disease' enna udaance ??

svaisn
12th July 2012, 09:09 AM
Kadaisiya namma eppo paatu kekurathu... padam paakurathu :-(

raja_fan
12th July 2012, 11:48 AM
Kadaisiya namma eppo paatu kekurathu... padam paakurathu :-(

Kavalai padatheenga !

Naama ellaarumaa sendhu kaasu pottu Samanthaavukku Hamam soap vaangi tharalaam. 8 vithamaana skin problems-ilirundhu no tension ! :)

rajaramsgi
12th July 2012, 02:17 PM
நேத்து நைட் ktv'ல குணா படம் போட்டான். ராஜா சாரும் கமலும் பின்னி பெடலடுத்துட்டாங்க. இந்த படம் காலேஜ் படிக்கும் போது பார்த்தது. அப்போ அதோட அருமை தெரியவில்லை, அதற்க்கப்புறம் 21 ஆண்டுகளுக்கு பின்னால் இப்போது தான் பார்கிறேன். அந்த காலத்துலேயே இப்படி ஒரு படம் செலவு பண்ணி எடுக்கலாம் என்ற எண்ணம் கமலுக்கு மட்டுமே வந்திருக்க வேண்டும். காட்சிக்கு காட்சி கமலும் ராஜாவும் அப்படி ஒரு அழகு. சொக்கி போய் விட்டேன்.

இப்படி எத்தனையோ படங்களை தந்த அந்த மகான்கள், அன்பே சிவம் படத்தில் இனைந்து வேலை செய்யாதது நம்முடைய துரதிர்ஷ்டமே.

irir123
12th July 2012, 05:42 PM
good news! SONY MUSIC SOUTH has confirmed they have the rights for Neethaane En Ponvasantham, both in Tamil and Telugu !!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1864561&l=81622106e3&id=138529366173057

jaiganes
12th July 2012, 07:59 PM
நேத்து நைட் ktv'ல குணா படம் போட்டான். ராஜா சாரும் கமலும் பின்னி பெடலடுத்துட்டாங்க. இந்த படம் காலேஜ் படிக்கும் போது பார்த்தது. அப்போ அதோட அருமை தெரியவில்லை, அதற்க்கப்புறம் 21 ஆண்டுகளுக்கு பின்னால் இப்போது தான் பார்கிறேன். அந்த காலத்துலேயே இப்படி ஒரு படம் செலவு பண்ணி எடுக்கலாம் என்ற எண்ணம் கமலுக்கு மட்டுமே வந்திருக்க வேண்டும். காட்சிக்கு காட்சி கமலும் ராஜாவும் அப்படி ஒரு அழகு. சொக்கி போய் விட்டேன்.

இப்படி எத்தனையோ படங்களை தந்த அந்த மகான்கள், அன்பே சிவம் படத்தில் இனைந்து வேலை செய்யாதது நம்முடைய துரதிர்ஷ்டமே.
I think upon revisits - Anbe Sivam is overhyped and doesnt need Raaja for the communist trite it is.

app_engine
12th July 2012, 08:07 PM
Saw this link in an Ajith thread in TF section :
http://www.accesskollywood.com/news-id-ilayaraja-ajith-and-venkat-prabhu-12-07-123141.htm

It is heard that Ajith had wanted the director to prepare a hard-core village subject with music by maestro Ilayaraja.

irir123
12th July 2012, 08:09 PM
jaiganes - bingo on 'anbe sivam' !! if one strips away the communist BS, the film wud be less than an hr and half long! apparently, Kamal wanted to 'introduce' a Safder Hasmi-style prototype in the film - the film gave the feeling of a Paulo Coelho novel half-written by Arundhati Roy!

raja_fan
12th July 2012, 08:29 PM
irir123,

I agree with you.
I would not like to get in to an argument on Communism, religion etc on this forum.
But in brief I would say that it is a big irony and joke that the film showed a communist protagonist preaching love and non-violence. And Kamal used the chance to depict a staunch religious ( we know as usual which religion he will choose ) person as villain who chants a well known Mantra promptly every time he does cruel acts..

app_engine
12th July 2012, 08:43 PM
Actually anbE sivam itself does not belong in the IR forum :-)

Similar discussion is going on in the KH thread in TF forum... (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?9820-Khan-Saheb-Kamal-Haasan-s-Jamaat-Jeba-Koottam-Devasthaanam-Part-8/page77) better taken up there IMHO.

P_R
12th July 2012, 08:53 PM
*shifted to Kamal thread*

SoftSword
12th July 2012, 08:57 PM
PR... :clap: for bringin the right lines from that song...

venkkiram
12th July 2012, 09:06 PM
But in brief I would say that it is a big irony and joke that the film showed a communist protagonist preaching love and non-violence. ஏங்க? காம்ரேடுகளுக்கு காதல் என்பது கெட்ட வார்த்தையா ? அஹிம்சை என்பது இம்சையான ஒன்றா? :)

jaiganes
12th July 2012, 11:41 PM
ஏங்க? காம்ரேடுகளுக்கு காதல் என்பது கெட்ட வார்த்தையா ? அஹிம்சை என்பது இம்சையான ஒன்றா? :)
aamaanga - venumnaa istalin - mao - pondra samaadhaana puraakkaLin sariththiram padinga.

rajaramsgi
13th July 2012, 12:05 AM
அது சரி. கம்யுனிசம் சீனாவில், ரஷியாவில், இந்தியாவில் எப்படி செயல் படுதுன்றது வேற விஷயம். அன்பே சிவத்தில் கம்யுனிசம் எந்த விதத்திலும் தவறாக காட்டப்படவில்லை. அது கம்யுனிச கொள்கை பரப்பும் படமும் இல்லை. கமல் படம் பண்ண எடுத்துக்கொண்ட எத்தனையோ தீம்களில் இதுவும் ஒன்று, அவ்வளவு தான். அதில் சொல்ல வந்த விஷயங்களில், எதுவும் தப்பாக சொன்னது போல் எனக்கு தெரிய வில்லை.

இது கம்யுனிச சித்தாந்த படம், ஆகவே இதற்க்கு ராஜா சார் தேவை இல்லை என்றால், புரட்சி போராட்ட படங்களுக்கு ராஜா சார் இசை அமைத்ததை நீங்கள் கண்டிக்கிறீர்களா? தனக்கு உடன்பாடு இல்லாத கருத்துக்கள் கொண்ட படங்களுக்கு கூட ராஜா சார் இசை அமைத்து குடுத்திருக்கிறார் என்பதை மறுக்க கூடாது.

அன்பே சிவத்திற்கு என்ன குறைச்சல்? நிச்சயம் அது ஹை கிளாஸ் படம், கமலின் பெயர் சொல்லும் படங்களில் அதுவும் ஒன்று. அந்த ஒரு நிமிடம் போன்ற நொள்ளை படங்களுக்கு ராஜா சாரின் இசை தேவைப்படும் போது, அன்பே சிவம் போன்ற நல்ல படங்களில், ராஜா சார் இசை இருந்திருந்தால் பிரமாதமாக இருந்திருக்கும் என்று நான் கனவு காண்பதில் தவறு இருப்பதாக தெரியவில்லை.

raja_fan
13th July 2012, 11:12 AM
// அன்பே சிவத்தில் கம்யுனிசம் எந்த விதத்திலும் தவறாக காட்டப்படவில்லை. //

Adhai thaan naangalum solgirom. Communism enbathai thookki vaiththu thaan kaattugiraar.

svaisn
13th July 2012, 11:54 AM
Kavalai padatheenga !

Naama ellaarumaa sendhu kaasu pottu Samanthaavukku Hamam soap vaangi tharalaam. 8 vithamaana skin problems-ilirundhu no tension ! :)

:lol: :hammer:
samathakkum paatukku enna sambhandan... ava orama erukatum.. namma song release pannalaam illa :think:

svaisn
13th July 2012, 11:57 AM

Very True :clap:

GUNA is a divine movie... Raja sir's RR would take you to heaven :clap: :2thumbsup:

raja_fan
13th July 2012, 04:17 PM
Sony music south [ Enna peyar...globalization-kku oru alave illaama pochchu... ] has confirmed they have rights of NEPV.

Do you think they will wait till 2013 ?? [ IR music-kku expiry date illai enbatharkkaaga 6 maasam wait pannuvaangalaa :) ]

Samantha has tweeted that she is going for some shooting ( not nepv ) on July-20 [ Thalai ezhuththu...mudhal thadavaiyaa oru nadigaiyin schedule follow panna aarambichitten ]

Idhai vachu paakkum pothu naama bayappada vendiyathillai enru ninaikkiren...But, why this mysterious silence from the NEPV unit ???

layman10
13th July 2012, 06:07 PM
IR Album art collection http://pinterest.com/olichudar/ilaiyaraaja-film-album-art/

Devaraagam
13th July 2012, 07:57 PM
[ Thalai ezhuththu...mudhal thadavaiyaa oru nadigaiyin schedule follow panna aarambichitten ]

very true... This week lot of new about Samantha and I also reading all those news. Aandava......

app_engine
13th July 2012, 08:10 PM
IR Album art collection http://pinterest.com/olichudar/ilaiyaraaja-film-album-art/

Nice one!

I wish they scan the reverse side of such covers and post as well (that are more interesting, giving the track names / credits etc).

Also, it would be interesting if someone can post the front & rear of 'iLamaikkAlangaL' LP wrapper...

venkkiram
13th July 2012, 08:42 PM
Samantha has tweeted that she is going for some shooting ( not nepv ) on July-20 [ Thalai ezhuththu...mudhal thadavaiyaa oru nadigaiyin schedule follow panna aarambichitten ] :rotfl: :rotfl:

raja_fan - அப்படியே சமந்தாவை தொடர்ந்து.... கூடிய விரையில் samantha_fan -ஆகவும் மாறிவிடுங்கள். ஹானஸ்டு-விடம் சொல்லி மன்றத்தில் உறுப்பினர் அட்டை வாங்கித் தருகிறோம்.

layman10
13th July 2012, 10:02 PM
Requested. Lets see..

Nice one!

I wish they scan the reverse side of such covers and post as well (that are more interesting, giving the track names / credits etc).

Also, it would be interesting if someone can post the front & rear of 'iLamaikkAlangaL' LP wrapper...

app_engine
13th July 2012, 11:28 PM
Requested. Lets see..

mikka nanRi sir!

I was always thrilled with those record covers (whenever I had a chance to have them in hands, at recording shops / tea shops etc)...

app_engine
13th July 2012, 11:58 PM
oru kAryam paRayAnuNdu (http://www.anweshanam.com/index.php/movies/16701-sathyan-anthikad-movie-oru-karyam-parayanund-nivin-polly-nedumude-venu)

Sathyan's movie has Nedumudi Venu playing the lead role as a man in 70's. (Supposedly about the friendship of this character with a teen). The news bit talks about Samuthrakkani (of Nadodikal) doing a main role.

rajaramsgi
14th July 2012, 01:42 AM

thanks yaa... I could recollect few of the cassette covers. malarum ninaivugal for me.

Echo must have made a great fortune out of all these great master pieces.

kiru
14th July 2012, 09:48 AM
thanks yaa... I could recollect few of the cassette covers. malarum ninaivugal for me.

Echo must have made a great fortune out of all these great master pieces.
Awesome, I have a remote with small screen for streaming music. It can display album art. I will download and put the images in the right directory of my music files.

SVN
14th July 2012, 03:00 PM
Loved the funky design for Aruvadai NaaL. Stands out from the other pedestrian covers.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
15th July 2012, 10:35 PM
Thanks Suresh ‏@Raaga_Suresh

Wonderful 'Thiruvasagam', superb music and a dance which interprets it magnificently. Difficult to control your tears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uRx-QYmizQ

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
15th July 2012, 11:38 PM
dont miss Neeya Naana next week!

Impact of 1980 Film music!

After 3.30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=FOsULw86KWw

San_K
16th July 2012, 12:03 AM
summa athhiruthullla :). BTW recently I thought Raja songs pathi (almost like raja vs rahmann or raja vs msv) discussion varum or vantha epdi irukkumm

sakala, generally Neeya Naana programme have two sides, right? but this topic is confusing what is the other side? is it like the impact is good or bad? or 80s was golden period vs other period. Gopinnath paya namma hub etti pathu irupparro? :lol2:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
16th July 2012, 12:27 AM
Eppavume "versus" vechi mutikka maattaanga. for ex, even today's programme, it was not much like arguing. So next week also same pattern i guess. Mavane appadiye 80s versus todays nnaalum namakkuthaane laabam :wink: :lol2:

Appadiye twitter layum oru lenghty discussion Odum! hmm, intha samuthaayam nammaLa freeyaa irukkave vidamaattEngkuthu!

Nerd
16th July 2012, 12:39 AM
Sad that the video got truncated. One person sang uravenum with the papapapaa and a woman sang iLaiyanila with the instrumental piece. LOVE it when people especially amateurs like this do that. I mean when they *sing* the instruments with the song. Shows Raaja's indelible impact on the general public.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
16th July 2012, 01:20 AM
Nerd, From 24.40, its there fully! Lets Enjamaai till next week!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xs6ke2_neya-naana-part-5_shortfilms?start=1672

Shank
16th July 2012, 09:34 AM
The girl in the green, who is singing those songs, is a college mate and good friend of mine. Her husband is a really good violinist, and was 2 years senior to us, in college.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
16th July 2012, 10:41 AM
Actually she is a regular, in this show!

kameshratnam
16th July 2012, 04:27 PM
Good news to all fans who were awaiting NEPV audio: Here is the email: I am meeting sony music on wednesday.. I will keep you guys posted

Hi Kamesh,

We have finally signed the audio rights of NEPV, will announce the release date asap.

Regarding promotions can we meet this Wednesday @ either my place or where ever u r comfortable.

rajaramsgi
16th July 2012, 06:45 PM
dont miss Neeya Naana next week!

Impact of 1980 Film music!

After 3.30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=FOsULw86KWw

can't find the other part of this clip in youtube. I would like to hear what that man is going to say about why his dad was listening to only vanakuyile song, he must have seen something in it that may be interesting to many of us.

By the way I like the flute in that song that makes you feel you are in a hill station.

rajaramsgi
16th July 2012, 06:48 PM
Nerd, From 24.40, its there fully! Lets Enjamaai till next week!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xs6ke2_neya-naana-part-5_shortfilms?start=1672

just saw this one.. sorry about the earlier post. the man did not give a reason though.

it was great to see that lady in purple going along with the man singing annakili song. I want to be in one of these live shows enjoying the real pleasure from many such people's face. hope it will happen one day.

Did you notice that lady crying when listening to MSV's 'Indha mega koondhal' (andha maanai parungal azhagu).

paadal kettu azhudha kaalangal.. iniyum varuma?

San_K
16th July 2012, 06:53 PM
@Kamesh, inga oru CD parcel :)

layman10
16th July 2012, 06:55 PM
just saw this one.. sorry about the earlier post. the man did not give a reason though.

They are not hubbers to dissect and analyse, which Raja himself does want people to bother with :). The clip just a promo for next week, may be he will say something more.

rajaramsgi
16th July 2012, 07:36 PM
They are not hubbers to dissect and analyse, which Raja himself does want people to bother with :).

:-) I am not dissecting anything here and I am aware it is a promo. I just mentioned it would be interesting to know what that man found in that particular song. it could be something that none of us could even think of, thats all.

app_engine
16th July 2012, 08:29 PM
The girl in the green, who is singing those songs, is a college mate and good friend of mine. Her husband is a really good violinist, and was 2 years senior to us, in college.

That's interesting...tfmpage pakkam vandhirukkAngaLA?

app_engine
16th July 2012, 08:48 PM
sumAl nitpick :
'annakkiLi onnaththEdudhE' eppudi 80's pAttu? :mrgreen:

Nerd
16th July 2012, 08:57 PM
sumAl nitpick :
vanakkuyilE mid-90s. adhu onniyum illai, raasaa, nalla paattunnaalE 80snu aayiduchu..

Anyway adhu enna 80s songs and the effects on soceity? Ilaiyaraaja songsnnu pOda maattanungalaa :huh: I am pretty sure more than 95% of the songs discussed will be Raaja's.

app_engine
16th July 2012, 09:24 PM
Ilaiyaraaja songsnnu pOda maattanungalaa :huh:

adhAnE?

In general, when it comes to "inter-personal-emotions" based songs, the rAsA era is simply unbeatable, IMHO. (Should be so even from an objective POV...as the "most impactful" songs from the prior gen were either motivational or thaththuva varieties; and they were purely "artistic" before that, in the MS/MLV/MKT era, with not much relevance to day-to-day emotions)...

K
16th July 2012, 09:57 PM
http://panimalar.blogspot.in/2012/07/blog-post_16.html

இதிலே இப்போது இரவு நேரத்தை ஆக்கிரமிப்பதில் இராசாவும் ஆதிக்கம் செலுத்துகிறார். அடுத்த பாட்டை கேட்டுவிட்டு தூங்கிவிடலாம், அட அடுத்தது இன்னமும் இனிமையாக இருக்கிறதே, அட அடுத்தது இன்னமுன் இனிமையாக இருக்கிறதோ என்று கணக்கில் அடங்கா நேரம் தூக்கத்தை விட்டு விலகி மனது பழைய நினைவுகளில் நைத்து துவைத்து காயப்போடுவிடுவார் இராசா. காலையில் எழுந்து வரும் போது தவத்தில் இருந்து எழுந்தவரை போல் மனதில் அப்படி ஒரு அமைதி நிலவும்.........

app_engine
17th July 2012, 12:47 AM
idhu vERa department (http://ibnlive.in.com/news/ilayaraja-urges-interim-stay-on-department-song/271708-71-216.html)

baroque
17th July 2012, 01:00 AM
Indeed, Raja's music is all about feelings!:musicsmile:

my life is IMPOSSIBLE without his music!:ty:Raja!

something or other, Rajakku thondharavu!

if it is true,
hey! Ram Gopal Verma's 'Department' team respect the maestro!
sorry Raja!

guitarum, trumpetum energy parakkudhulla!:redjump:

flute and shenai melody in the first interlude aesthetic heart of Raja....

aasai nooru vagai....
relish the enthu of Ilayaraja - THE GREATEST!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5UURAXGN50

San_K
17th July 2012, 01:10 AM
sumAl nitpick :

appo priyanka paattu maattum 80's pattaa? :lol: pesama raja issai-nu title vachurukkalam. May be separate topic :mrgreen:

app_engine
17th July 2012, 01:36 AM
Karthik Raja also goes to Malaysia for composing (http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/hindi/article/83660.html) :oops:

kosuRu :
Singers for the KR album - IR one song, YSR one song, Venkat Prabhu (& brother) one song :lol:

kudumba album!

Shank
17th July 2012, 05:10 AM
So my friend...her name is Aruna Mahesh, said she had a great time at the program. She is very passionate about music, especially 80s music....so naturally, is a huge IR fan. She also said she got a token award at the end of the program for her contribution to the discussion. She said thankfully it wasn't a debate like usual since everyone there was convinced about the impact of 80s music (Raja) and they just shared their feelings.

I didn't know that she was a regular in the program. I have to rib her about that. I dont get to watch NN that often, just saw the promo and was surprised to see her on it. Her whole family is full of music stalwarts, though I don't recall her performing in college or so. But she does know her music.

irir123
17th July 2012, 06:17 AM
Good news to all fans who were awaiting NEPV audio: Here is the email: I am meeting sony music on wednesday.. I will keep you guys posted

Hi Kamesh,

We have finally signed the audio rights of NEPV, will announce the release date asap.

Regarding promotions can we meet this Wednesday @ either my place or where ever u r comfortable.

Hi - can pls check your PM ?

irir123
17th July 2012, 07:06 AM
does IR have a special soft corner for cinematographer-turned-directors ? Balu Mahendra, Ashok Kumar etc have gotten some astounding, eclectic tracks for their respective films!

or is it that cinematographers do a better job at describing a given situation (aesthetics. artistic viewpoints) and IR understands them much better and gets his imagination/creativity stoked ?

I cant get over ABHINANDANA - directed by Ashok Kumar (1987-88 - what a year for Tamil, telugu and kannada music lovers! spectacular song after song!)- 'prema ledhani', 'yedhuta neevey', 'prema entha maduram', 'adhey neevu' are monster tracks! the first two especially are the musical equivalents of 'crystal meth' - i heard them once and its lifelong addiction!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0GsxZ9zw44
- (only wish Ashok Kumar had done some more justice to the picturisation - in that regard, i wud say Balu mahendra, Mahendran, Mani Ratnam and of course Kamal have done justice to IR's music) - is there anything normal with this track ?! the prelude, the bassline, the percussionless pallavi, the unconventional percussion for the charanam and the strings section that give so much soul to the song!

i tried to get 'rid' of these from my head by listening to some Pink Floyd, Sting, Steve Miller, Boston and Kansas last two days - and last night, listened to good old Moonlight sonata (beethoven) and canon (pachelbel) - but these two tracks keep coming back and haunting me no end!!

irir123
17th July 2012, 07:18 AM
forewarning: try not to watch the video above - just listen to the song!

this one is picturised much better : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlajhXWXByo&feature=related

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
17th July 2012, 09:13 AM
Heavy Digress,(btw ithai twitterla post pannina hubber yaaru? could not get the handle, but i could recall its someone from hub!)

http://www.firstpost.com/economy/post-wpi-subbaraos-music-may-be-more-baba-sehgal-than-ilaiyaraaja-378448.html

Bala (Karthik)
17th July 2012, 10:25 AM
-conpees-

KV
17th July 2012, 02:40 PM
Some excerpts from that article (nandri sahala):

"As I sit down to write this, it is a rather cloudy, dull and insipid morning in Mumbai. An old Tamil number, Vaa Vennila, composed by music maestro Ilaiyaraaja and sung by SP Balasubrahmanyam and S Janaki, is playing in the background. I happened to discover this song a few days back, quite by chance, and it has been playing non-stop on my laptop since then. It’s the most melodious composition that I have heard in a long-long time."

"A lot of things need to come together to create a melodious song and to have an individual born and brought up in erstwhile Bihar, of Kashmiri Pandit parents, who does not speak a word of Tamil (and not much Kashmiri either), humming it nearly 26 years after it was first released."

Discounting the MSV factor in this song and keeping aside the intent and content of the article, just for the reference and 'adhai urakka solvOm ulagukku' range of utilization in the writeup - :clap:. nee yevanO, yaar peththa pillayO, nalla iru pa thambi!

San_K
17th July 2012, 02:41 PM
forewarning: try not to watch the video above - just listen to the song!

this one is picturised much better : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlajhXWXByo&feature=related

???

Naan fb-la potten fb twitter-la pottuduchu. Are you pointing me?

SoftSword
17th July 2012, 05:10 PM
Karthik Raja also goes to Malaysia for composing (http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/hindi/article/83660.html) :oops:

kosuRu :
Singers for the KR album - IR one song, YSR one song, Venkat Prabhu (& brother) one song :lol:

kudumba album!

plum engirundhaalum platformku varavum...

SVN
17th July 2012, 07:55 PM
Aruna studied at BITS. Excellent keyboard player. Her brother Kamesh too excelled in keyboards and together with a bunch of very talented musicians/ IR fanatics, used to organize Tamil Music Nights in the campus. Songs like Pani Vizhum Malar Vanam became anthems in the campus, breaking all language barriers.

skr
17th July 2012, 09:03 PM
The lady who sang Engengo Sellum is blogger Rajendra Kumars (who writes a lot about Ilaiyaraaja's songs) sister. Raj also participated in the show.
And dont miss out our hubber Usha Tvsankar in the show :)

P.S : For the show , they specifically wanted people aged over 35 and those who really had an impact of listening to the 80s music.

app_engine
17th July 2012, 09:35 PM
And dont miss out our hubber Usha Tvsankar in the show :)

Oh, nice to know!

:clap: Usha akkA!

Looking forward to watching the show (mostly on youtube)...

Sureshs65
17th July 2012, 10:40 PM
skr,

Great to hear Usha will be on Vijay TV. So next week Sunday evening blocked. I knew Raj would be there. Didn't know about Usha. Looking forward to the program.

Nerd
17th July 2012, 10:47 PM
aahaa naan general public-nnu ninaichu ticket eduthuttEnE, internet peter gang dhaanaa :shaking:

chummaa soke :-)

app_engine
17th July 2012, 10:58 PM
internet peter gang dhaanaa

AmA'lla?

sumAl weld...

In any case, tfmpage , being a pioneer in the networld w.r.t. IR, has to have some presence on any media stuff related to 80's music :-)

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
17th July 2012, 11:15 PM
Romba peter podavellaam Gobi vidamaattaar. Dontorri, becos that is his debaartmendu :lol:

KV
17th July 2012, 11:17 PM
usha'ka :thumbsup: nalla eduththu sollunga namma raaja paththi!

gObi bryant :shaking: en kaiyila evalo naakku poochi oora pOgudho, ippovE bhayama irukku. :shaking:

Devaraagam
17th July 2012, 11:55 PM
Gr8 to know that Usha also there in the show. Sunday post office hrs will be blocked for tamiltvshows.net. :)

Shank
18th July 2012, 07:00 AM
SVN, did you study there? Which batch were you?

Gregorysab
18th July 2012, 12:14 PM
Sathyan Anthikkad's film progress: http://www.rediff.com/movies/report/south-sathyan-anthikkads-starts-shooting-for-his-next/20120717.htm

tvsankar
18th July 2012, 02:05 PM
Dear Friends,'
Thanks for the news.... sollikama irukanam nu nenachen. hahahha.......

1. epadi vara poren. theriyadhu..

2. endha madhiri pesinen nu kaata poranga theiryadhu........

3. ethana nimisham theriven. theriyadhu........ so. romba expect pannadheenga pa.

Net world madhirii ilai.. Neeya Naana. adhu vera ulagam... adhuku nu oru circle iruku. idhai than angae feel panninen.
anyway,, enaku kodutha time il.. ennal mudinjadha solli iruken....

show arambikum munnal.. Gopi sonna vaarthai.. Ilaiyaraja vai patri pesa kudadhu. 2. avar paatai patri pesa kudadhu.

PAATU.. ENNA KAETEENGA. EPADI KAETEENA.. INDHA MADHIRI DHAN SOLLANAM. hmmmmmmm..........

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
18th July 2012, 02:20 PM
show arambikum munnal.. Gopi sonna vaarthai.. Ilaiyaraja vai patri pesa kudadhu. 2. avar paatai patri pesa kudadhu.

PAATU.. ENNA KAETEENGA. EPADI KAETEENA.. INDHA MADHIRI DHAN SOLLANAM. hmmmmmmm..........

:lol: அந்த பயம் இருக்கட்டும். Anyways song பத்தி பேச விட்டாங்களே, அதுவே போதும்! மிச்சத்த நாம இங்க/ட்விட்டர்ல பேசிப்போம்!

KV
18th July 2012, 02:21 PM
adhu eppadi akka neenga enga kittEndhu thappikka mudiyum!

aana gOby sonnadhu padayappa comedy maadhiri irukku.
paattu avardhu dhaan, aana avara paththi pEsakkoodadhu. :lol:

tvsankar
18th July 2012, 02:27 PM
KV,
amam. paatai patriyum pesa kudadhu...... adhaiyum gavani........ so sad............

Gopi kaepar.. adhuku paatai sollanam. ipadi than irundhadhu programe. ehhehe. enaku than paada theiryadhae...........

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
18th July 2012, 02:30 PM
பரவல்ல, சமுதாயத்துல "நாம"ன்னா ஒரு பயம் இருக்கு :rotfl:

tvsankar
18th July 2012, 02:35 PM
Sakalakala,
romba nejam.. Naam garadha vida.. IR nu....... inum sila show pannuvanga.. IR kaga.. apo avanga care.. correct dhanae........

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
18th July 2012, 02:47 PM
There is politics everywhere. Just that its not open. கூர்ந்து கவனிப்பவங்களுக்கு நல்லாவே தெரியும்!

SoftSword
18th July 2012, 03:15 PM
idhennadaa panjaayatthu... adhenna IR patthi pesakkoodaadhu...
apdi sonnappove, andha 50 peru apdiyae endhiruchu veliya wait panrenu sollirukkanum...

Devaraagam
18th July 2012, 03:15 PM
aana gOby sonnadhu padayappa comedy maadhiri irukku.
paattu avardhu dhaan, aana avara paththi pEsakkoodadhu. :lol:

good one.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
18th July 2012, 03:37 PM
Anyways, the person who spoke about Priyanka movie, uttered "Ilayaraja" name, so we shud understand the greatness of Vijay TV! What a grattitude of allowing to utter Raja's name in a TV Channel!

tvsankar
18th July 2012, 03:42 PM
IR patri. avar paatai patri. andha time patri..... adhai elllam Gopiyae pesitar..... full show layum.
adhan en sogam. hehhehe.,.....

app_engine
18th July 2012, 05:52 PM
UshakkA :-)

Haven't they got you into some kind of "non-disclosure agreement" about the program?

Free-yA inga discuss paNNa mudiyumA?

Nerd
18th July 2012, 06:43 PM

:lol: :lol: Vijay TV bleddy naansanss. So typical of them.

San_K
18th July 2012, 09:03 PM
May be as Usha Sankar said they have plan for separate Neeya Naana for IR. Raaja-va verum 80s-nu mattum surukkida mudiyaathu illa, avaru maaperia aalu :)

thumburu
18th July 2012, 10:33 PM
SKV, Enakku oru eeteeb parcel

jaiganes
18th July 2012, 11:05 PM
May be as Usha Sankar said they have plan for separate Neeya Naana for IR. Raaja-va verum 80s-nu mattum surukkida mudiyaathu illa, avaru maaperia aalu :)
but 80s lendhu raajavai eduthutta - 80s la enna michcham irukkum?

app_engine
18th July 2012, 11:28 PM

"Enthar" irukkum (We have to minus "Raj(a)" from T Rajendhar also) :-)

jmahesh
19th July 2012, 01:47 AM
Dasettan 50 programme , if anyone has not watched it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRA7_q5q-pg&feature=g-all-lik
Watch IR from 9.50 mins followed by KJY&MG singing 'Adhiushas'

baroque
19th July 2012, 05:26 AM
jmahesh:ty:

Very emotional to listen to Raja's talk!:clap:

Raja RULES!

raja_fan
19th July 2012, 07:08 AM
One of my friends participated in another episode of "Neeya Naanaa" a couple of years back.
He said he regretted participating that show because of Gopi's way of conducting it.
Gopi seems to have over-dominated the chat and favored more the people who speak according to his opinions.

MumbaiRamki
19th July 2012, 09:32 AM

Every celebrity given the same plastic chair. Enakku enan solradhunnae theriala .. hats off !!

writeface
19th July 2012, 09:42 AM

Wish they had used real drums on stage!

kiru
19th July 2012, 11:23 AM
Wish they had used real drums on stage!
The original song itself had only synth drums, I think.

San_K
19th July 2012, 11:27 AM

Naan antha arthathula sollala. Ithu kooda raaja programme than evan enna condition pottaalum. What I said, raaja is a commercial product and they may/will use raaja for many weeks :). Vijay TV pathi thaan theriyume

KV
19th July 2012, 01:37 PM
The original song itself had only synth drums, I think.

+1. My only grouse in what's otherwise a top-notch song. I can maybe say it has 'grown on me' :mrgreen:.

rajabhakthan
19th July 2012, 02:08 PM
Will they ever stop ?

http://www.idlebrain.com/news/2000march20/subhalekharemix-charanfilm.html

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
19th July 2012, 03:34 PM
Maestro #Ilayaraja Composing at Malayalam Film #EmsumPenkuttiyum http://pic.twitter.com/ESdjxle9

http://kerala9.com/malayalam/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=161798&g2_serialNumber=1

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
19th July 2012, 08:24 PM
Rare song of 70s not available in Thiraipaadal

http://www.divshare.com/download/18920981-913

jmahesh
20th July 2012, 01:39 AM
Thank you for the song.
Which movie is this song from?

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
20th July 2012, 12:42 PM
http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2012/07/ilayaraaja-perform-live-concert-us-158056.html

அமெரிக்காவில் இசை நிகழ்ச்சி நடத்தத் தயாராகும் இசைஞானி!
முதல் முறையாக அமெரிக்காவில் இசைக் கச்சேரி நடத்தப் போகிறார் இசைஞானி இளையராஜா.
கலிபோர்னிய நகரங்கள் மற்றும் நியூயார்க்கில் இந்த இசை நிகழ்ச்சிகள் நடக்கவிருப்பதாக முதல்கட்ட தகவல்கள் தெரிவிக்கின்றன.

இளையராஜா வெளிநாடுகளில் இரண்டு நிகழ்ச்சிகள்தான் நடத்தியிருக்கிறார். ஒன்று இத்தாலியில், மற்றொன்று துபாயில்.
ஆனால் உலகின் பல நாடுகளிலிருந்தும் இசை ஆர்வலர்கள் அவரை கச்சே செய்து தரச் சொல்லி கேட்டு வருகிறார்கள். அவரோ அரிதாகவே அத்தகைய நிகழ்ச்சிகளை ஒப்புக் கொள்கிறார்.
இந்த நிலையில், அமெரிக்காவில் முதல் முறையாக இசை நிகழ்ச்சி நடத்த ஒப்புக் கொண்டுள்ளார் ராஜா.
இந்த கச்சேரியில் ராஜாவின் மகன்கள் கார்த்திக் ராஜா, யுவன் சங்கர் ராஜா, மகள் பவதாரிணி ஆகியோரும் கலந்து கொள்கிறார்கள். முன்னணி பாடகர்கள், பாடகிகளுடன் இளையராஜாவின் குழு அமெரிக்கா புறப்படுகிறது, நவம்பர் இறுதியில்!

டிசம்பர் முதல் வாரத்தில் இந்த நிகழ்ச்சிகள் நடக்கும் எனத் தெரிகிறது

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
20th July 2012, 12:53 PM
Kamesh says that Raja is going there ALSO for composing. Enna film nnu solla maattenguraar

tvsankar
20th July 2012, 01:20 PM
idhu dhan naan. pathodu padhinonradaga vandhu iruken.

tvsankar
20th July 2012, 01:21 PM
ennai therinjukaradhukaga.. en pic. ehhehe.

KV
20th July 2012, 01:46 PM
:thumbsup: ushakka, CSR-um vandhaara programku?
Naa oorla irukkamaattEn. rasiga kanmanigalE, as always, video links upload pannunga. nandri'andi.

BTW, I have a hunch that the concept for this episode could've germinated from App's Ilaya-Bala thread!

KV
20th July 2012, 01:57 PM
Suttufying Nerdy's post from the TF section:

"Panju Arunachalam mentioned about this film on Manathodu Mano. Raaja was not well when he composed the songs of this film. Just had his hernia surgery done and was taking rest. But he did compose at home without going to the studio even once. Wrote the notes for singers/instrumentalists and sent it to them. And he did finish composing in 3 days!!

Figures why we there was a re-use (en vaazhvilE). But kaadhalin deepam onRu sitting at home :notworthy: "

IIRC there'd been a discussion (even a dedicated thread I think) about this about 5 years back in mayyam. Remember reading some nice posts in the thread and I vaguely recall someone mentioning a similar episode (composing while being bed-ridden) in the lives of one of the WCM masters (Bach/Beethoven/Mozart, not sure who). I've been trying to search for this one, but haven't been able to lay my hands on it. Kedachcha, share pannunga.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
20th July 2012, 02:39 PM
Beethoven wrote great works after he became deaf. Are u mentioning that one?

KV
20th July 2012, 02:56 PM
Not that, SKV. What I remember reading then, was that one of these composers was ill and bed-ridden but had composed music by writing/giving notes (like what Raaja had done in this case).

Sureshs65
20th July 2012, 03:24 PM
KV,

I think it was Mozart, who composed while ill. He makes someone else write the notes as he dictates. I think P_R gave that link on twitter. He may be able to help.

KV
20th July 2012, 03:56 PM
ah, waittaminit! Now I kinda remember seeing some episode like this in Amadeus. malli choodaali.

wizzy
20th July 2012, 04:33 PM
^fictitious Salieri moment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEkX9M-9Fjo

Kimrep
20th July 2012, 04:36 PM
http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2012/07/ilayaraaja-perform-live-concert-us-158056.html

Ithe ithe ithethaan naaga ethirpaarthom! Sooppar!

kameshratnam
20th July 2012, 05:48 PM
NEPV Audio Update:

Today Dhinakar Rajaram and I met the SONY AUDIO Company people at their chennai office.

1. The audio of NEPV / YEPM will be released anywhere between Aug 7 to Aug 15, 2012

2. Project is called " WE LOVE ILAYARAAJA" and they are planning to sell 50,000 audio cds in tamil before the release and make it a gold release
50,000 audio cds selling before the official release is given a GOLD RELEASE.

3. Soon, all of us we will get a link with a contest link and we can participate in that. CDS will be delivered across India through Flipkart and we need to preorder. Pre order notifications will be come within a week and i will share it here with all you fans

4. There are 8 songs in the audio cd. There are no instrumental versions of any songs.

5. Fans of Raaja sir have requested sony to include the "Making of the music for NEPV" as a bonus cd along with the audio cd. Else a cd of azhagarsamiyin kudirai could be given. The cd will be priced at 99 INR per cd box

6. The rights for BGMs is very complex and hence bgms and rights rest with GVM / IR. Sony will not get into this

7. 15 winners from the lucky draw contests will get a cold cd signed by IR from IR in the audio launch function

8. Regarding International sales - sony has to make plans and get back to us

9. the audio cd will be available in all stores across india on the launch date by 5 pm IST

rajaramsgi
20th July 2012, 06:54 PM
NEPV Audio Update:

Great ya.. thank you for sharing. this is the type of news and stories we need.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
20th July 2012, 08:12 PM
This is the type of News and Stories he can provide! He also became like Gautam and Sony Audio! Keep on giving updates and teaser but no release! Next time he will come up with 20 point update!

(Kamesh, dont tensan, just joking! But marubadiyum ithe joke adikka vechidaatheenga )

Sureshs65
20th July 2012, 08:30 PM
Heard on twitter that on Sunday we will see a 30sec promo of 'Saindhu Saindhu' song. Aahaa. 30 secs !!! Gautama, andha Gauthama Budhhar porumaikke oru ella undu daa !!

irir123
20th July 2012, 09:45 PM
indha teaser tholla thaanga mudila!

the duration of these teasers increasing in arithmetic progression - 20, 25, 30 seconds !!

kameshratnam
20th July 2012, 10:00 PM
This is the type of News and Stories he can provide! He also became like Gautam and Sony Audio! Keep on giving updates and teaser but no release! Next time he will come up with 20 point update!

(Kamesh, dont tensan, just joking! But marubadiyum ithe joke adikka vechidaatheenga )

Priyesh anand in facebook Raja Fans group: especially for Sakalakala........

Aug 26th there will be a concert with media partner as Jaya tv... With Raja sir 80's hit songs follwed by audio release with live performance of all 8 songs of NEPV.. Guys please keep this as confidential until official announcement...

San_K
20th July 2012, 10:00 PM
Thanks Kamesh for the update and the effort

San_K
20th July 2012, 10:04 PM
yet another super update :)

Appuram enna concertku 299 rate vachu NEP CD free-nu solli 2K tickets vithudalaam. Namukku concert avanungalukku CD Sales. he he

irir123
20th July 2012, 10:07 PM
"The audio of NEPV / YEPM will be released anywhere between Aug 7 to Aug 15, 2012"

and now Aug 26th ??

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
20th July 2012, 11:44 PM
Somebody was saying here about gautam's attitude. Its kind of true. There is nothing more which can delay other than gautam. he is kind of Azhuthakaaran type of person. Oru vishayam veNumnaa kEttu vaangida mudiyaathu, Manushan, ishtam irunthaa thaan solluvaaru. Thats what we are seeing in this NEPV Release,

Btw, irir123, nice catch yaa :lol:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
20th July 2012, 11:45 PM
yet another super update :)

Appuram enna concertku 299 rate vachu NEP CD free-nu solli 2K tickets vithudalaam. Namukku concert avanungalukku CD Sales. he he

Ippo athellaam kooda problem illa sir. Oru anna centenary auditorium kku HTNI kekka vanthaangaLe, that too with costly ticket.

MumbaiRamki
21st July 2012, 12:09 AM
http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/moviedetail.asp?mid=T0003473

KR's veyilodu vilayadu - Raaja has sung one number. Fantastic one ! 90s Raaja folk number with KR orchestration and neat recording

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
21st July 2012, 12:30 AM
Misskin pays tribute to Raja in his album Mugamoodi

போதை இல்லாத சந்தோஷமா
ராஜா இல்லாத சங்கீதமா

Listen to the song to hear one more mention :D Whattey classic choice :clap: Equal praise to Music Director K :D Nallaa varuveenga sir! :)

http://www.galatta.com/tamil/musics/player/popout/mugamoodi/7888/-49014/

San_K
21st July 2012, 12:35 AM
^^

Good to hear Annakili unna theduthey :)

San_K
21st July 2012, 12:36 AM

KR's veyilodu vilayadu - Raaja has sung one number. Fantastic one ! 90s Raaja folk number with KR orchestration and neat recording

Nalla irukku. Dhoorathil song Yuvanoda magical voicela Sainthu Sainthu pattu maathiri nallarukku :P

Devaraagam
21st July 2012, 02:22 AM
NEP..Aadi masam is the reason for releasing it on 26th Aug 2012... :). Namma news personsa adichukkavey mudiyathu..

http://tamil.way2movies.com/newssingle_tamil/Ilayaraja-GM%E2%80%99s-NEP-audio-this-Aug-3-154277.html

raja_fan
21st July 2012, 09:11 AM
While I appreciate Kamesh & Co efforts,

Enakku puriyalai..Sony ponra no.1 niruvanam naama suggestion koduththu thaan eppadi marketing pannanumnu therinjuppaangalaa ? ivanungalukku anubavam, padippu ethuvum illaiyaa ?
I would say that trying to market "Azhagar saamiyin ..." music/BGM with NEPV CD is a ugly idea...it is an insult to "Azhagar saamiyin ..." team.

irir123
21st July 2012, 09:57 AM
raja_fan

me-thinks:

1. SONY MUSIC- SOUTH is probably a franchisee thing managed by someone local and with enough clout to have even got the franchise thingy!

2. if thats the case, am not surprised they are doing it this way - in a way, they are being manipulative (of our collective yearning for the album!) - its possible that IR is not privvy to all of this marketing BS! GVM might be, but is going ahead with all of it hoping for a nice turnover, given that his last two films were not very big at the BO!

3. yet another possibility - right from HEY RAM days, the audio rights of BGM/instrumental albums have been a pain in the rear for IR - for instance, the HEY RAM BGM tracks rights are with kamal (as he is the producer), who refused to release the same once the film became a dud at the BO! imagine HEY RAM BGM available as a 1hr CD - it would have ranked amongst one of the best soundtracks (by hollywood standards, which does not accept songs as soundtracks) - so I think with all that experience behind him, IR is cautious abt giving away the BGM rights - my understanding of the way the industry works: once the rights are sold, the composer/music writer only gets the royalty %, but not the entire returns from the album - IR for all his efforts cannot stake claims except having his name on the album! and whenever the music is used by anyone, SONY gets paid and IR will get his % cut (which might be peanuts compared to what SONY is likely to make!) - so not giving the BGM rights might have some such angle as i have shown here - maybe GVM and IR want to release the BGM later on around the time of release of the film, based on initial feedback from makkals!

venkkiram
21st July 2012, 11:17 AM
I would say that trying to market "Azhagar saamiyin ..." music/BGM with NEPV CD is a ugly idea...it is an insult to "Azhagar saamiyin ..." team. நீங்க வேற! எதோ வந்த வரைக்கும் நல்லதுன்னு சந்தோஷப்படுங்க! மேலும் படத்தின் பின்னணி இசையைப் பொறுத்தவரை ராஜாவின் விருப்பம்/தலையீடு இல்லாமல் எந்த தயாரிப்பு நிறுவனமும் வெளியிட முடியாதென நினைக்கிறேன்.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
21st July 2012, 11:40 AM
Ada pongappaa, neengaLum unga rights um(saying this standing outside Prasad Studios)

I am believing that IR's BGM rights are with Surechmechinit and He will as usual post all the BGM pieces after NEPV releases. Venumnaa naama avarukku kaasu kudukkalaam

K
21st July 2012, 01:00 PM
Ada pongappaa, neengaLum unga rights um(saying this standing outside Prasad Studios)

I am believing that IR's BGM rights are with Surechmechinit and He will as usual post all the BGM pieces after NEPV releases. Venumnaa naama avarukku kaasu kudukkalaam

super.

rajkumarc
22nd July 2012, 09:21 PM
Solla Solla (from Finders Keepers) compilation (http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/solla-solla/id435951653) is available on iTunes now. Forgot the name of the other compilation. Can someone please let me know?

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
22nd July 2012, 09:24 PM
u mean "Fire Star: Synth-Pop & Electro-Funk" ?

rajkumarc
22nd July 2012, 09:48 PM
Thanks Sakala. Fire Star is not available yet on iTunes. Solla Solla is truly awesome, just downloaded it.

However, K.S.Chithra's compilation is available (http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/k.s.-chithra/id507682698). Not sure if all songs in this compilation are composed by IR.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
22nd July 2012, 09:55 PM
guys not in front of Tv, watch this live programme!

http://www.tamiltvlive.info/2012/01/vijay-tv-live-online.html

Punnaimaran
22nd July 2012, 10:12 PM
I'm watching this show on TV. The lady who sang Ilaya Nila was excellent. She said whatever I would've said if I was given a chance.

skr
22nd July 2012, 10:42 PM
Usha ji just spoke about Annakilli

App ,
You have so many tea kadai experiences..Would have been great if you had participated in the show :)

venkkiram
22nd July 2012, 11:49 PM
guys not in front of Tv, watch this live programme!

http://www.tamiltvlive.info/2012/01/vijay-tv-live-online.html

eni utub ling? danks.

Devaraagam
23rd July 2012, 12:15 AM
http://www.tamiltwist.com/2012/07/neeya-naana-22-07-2012-vijay-tv-tamil.html

This has daily motion links.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
23rd July 2012, 12:35 AM
Searching "Neeya Naana 22-Jul-2012" shud give many links, though most will derive from same source

baroque
23rd July 2012, 09:06 AM
:ty::ty::ty:

for the program link!

kameshratnam
23rd July 2012, 10:35 AM
Searching "Neeya Naana 22-Jul-2012" shud give many links, though most will derive from same source

I am stunned that sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar did not get the links??

raajarasigan
23rd July 2012, 10:58 AM
Usha ji just spoke about Annakilli:confuse: I watched the program yesterday but could not identify Usha Ji as I have not seen her.. :oops: annakkili pathi pesinavangala.... sariya mugam nyabagathukku varalaye... yArunnu sonnA nanna irukkum... :oops:

Sureshs65
23rd July 2012, 02:22 PM
Rajarasigan,

Usha was the one who spoke about her brother listening to only Hindi music and how she used to fight with him. And later how, after Annakili, he switched over to Tamil film music. The brother is none other than CSR, who is quite famous amongst Raja fans for his superb classical music articles.

I found the show to be very underwhelming. It can only be watched with people have a nostalgic connections with those times. I have none unfortunately and I sat there for Usha and Raj. Both of them unfortunately got to speak only once.

raajarasigan
23rd July 2012, 02:50 PM
Thanks Suresh :) I think I need to revisit the program...

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
23rd July 2012, 04:55 PM
I am stunned that sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar did not get the links??

Nallaa aaneenga stunnu, I said that to others!

raja_fan
23rd July 2012, 05:04 PM
Sorry..the "Neeya Naanaa" programme was OVERALL a boring one though interesting only in very few parts.
When few people genuinely recalled their old memories, other few were keen on boasting that they have something to share.

I am surprised why was there no mention of India's own Vividh Bharati when everyone rightly remembered Ceylon radio !
For me, at least IR visited my home more through that 8.15 AM - 10.00 AM Vividh bharati programme.

This topic certainly is not for "Neeya Naana" audience. I do not know why Gopi stretched this programme too long.
And the gentleman who described his father's last days with Priyanka song did not say what impressed his father in that song...many things were incomplete like this in that show..

K
23rd July 2012, 06:30 PM
Neeya Naana, IR Special(As I wud say)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnelGoMvvIs&feature=player_embedded

app_engine
23rd July 2012, 06:34 PM
I watched the program yesterday but could not identify Usha Ji as I have not seen her..

Please go to this post sir (has a pic of UshakkA) :
http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?8722-MAESTRO-ILAIYARAAJA-NEWS-amp-TITBITS-Film-with-Gautam-V-Menon&p=905341&viewfull=1#post905341

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
23rd July 2012, 06:38 PM
Sorry..the "Neeya Naanaa" programme was OVERALL a boring one though interesting only in very few parts.

This shows we still don't have ppl who can "talk" about Raja's greatness, interestingly. A good speech shud appear neutral, at same time, shud be a superb promotion to Raja's talent. If our hubbers were allowed, they wud give a much better talk! but still we need experts.

madhu
23rd July 2012, 06:54 PM
thanks for the link..
I missed it coz of some other work.

raja_fan
23rd July 2012, 07:06 PM
Vallavar,

What I disliked in the show was people went on listing songs one by one instead of discussing music patterns or elements ( except the few who even hummed the music bits ).
But I would blame Gopinath..He just had no direction he wanted to go..

Plum
23rd July 2012, 07:21 PM
Solidly bad. As Gopi only can do. I think this feller is drunk with his own minor-celebrity status. Usha Sankar did hint it in her preview post with "Gopi dhAn dominate panni pesinAar"(avar dominate paNnalainA dhaane news?).

And anyway. in 20 years, it is possible to havea similar programme, with people remeniscing about "nenjukkul peidhidum maamazhai" and "maina maina nenjukulle".

It wasnt even proper nostalgia, any way.

I wish Usha had spoken more. Her tales here are far better celebration of IR's inter-twining into lives in 80s than the ones proferred in the programme, barring that bits pilani lady and her brother(the one who sung ilaya nilaa interludes).

layman10
23rd July 2012, 08:03 PM
This is a social show, that discusses the impact on people. That I can understand, so technicalities are not discussed, agreed. (No one talks about music elements, when talking about beatles invasion). Even in that note the show was incomplete and boring. The problem with the show in general is, the public can only answer what Gopi asked. Basically pottu vaanging. Then a spl guest will come and give the arivujeevi comments without any such restriction (in the process make the public who talked look like fools). (but I like this show than many other talk shows for other reasons).

The real question should have been why did they feel close to those songs (than before)?. it was not bought out that the songs were simpler and had attitude of common people. Not textbookish preachy hero oriented. Not some life changing event and its irony, told in a song capsule. It must have been a liberating experience. I don't think it is just some genius MD coming in to scene.

I had known this then adolescent middle brother of 5 brothers (little young for his elder brothers, bit old for younger ones). He use to be with his radio all the time. He was first for me to talk about music directors, MSV, Raaja etc (not the actors to which we usually we associate a song with), which really confused me then.

madhu
Yes. As most of the posts here mentioned its more or less listing of songs. There dont seems to be any discussion about any song.
Somehow, it makes me feel to think whether is it possible to go back to that golden era by the technological development ?

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
Enakkennamo ithellaam planned aave nadakkuthOnu thOnuthu. Anti-Raja lobby nnu onnu irukkuyya! Read it like "Theivam nu onnu irukkuyya"

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
23rd July 2012, 08:07 PM
Whenever someone starts with "ஹிந்தி பாடல்களை கேட்டுக்கொன்டிருந்த தமிழர்களை தமிழ்ப்பாடல் கேட்கவைத்தார்" I wonder why there ppl are always struck with 70s 80s

Come to 2012 man! Talk about NEPV

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
23rd July 2012, 08:13 PM
These guys want to keep Raja in the yesteryear greats' lines and thats all! Btw, thamiz naattil hindi songs ketttaangannaa who let it to be?!?

Here is the updated quote of the same, which most of them don't want to mention:-

80களில் ஹிந்திபாட்டு கேட்ட தமிழர்கள் ராஜாவுக்குப்பின் மீண்டும் தமிழ்பாட்டு கேட்டார்கள். தற்போது 90களில் துவங்கிய எலக்ட்ரானிக் ஜித்து இசை சற்றே போரடிப்பதால் மீண்டும் அவர் பாடல்களையே கேட்கிரோம்.

venkkiram
23rd July 2012, 08:20 PM
இந்திப் பாட்டு கேட்டுக்கொண்டிருந்த தமிழகம், ராஜாவுக்கு பிறகு தமிழ்ப் பாட்டு கேட்டது என்பதே ஒரு மிகையான வாக்கியம். இந்திப்பாட்டு ஒரு வட்டத்திற்கு கீழே செல்லவே இல்லை.ஒட்டு மொத்த மக்கள் தொகையில் அந்த மேல் வட்டம் குறைவான எண்ணிக்கை. அப்படிங்கறது என் அபிப்ராயம். சரியா? ஒவ்வொரு மாற்றம் வரும்போதும் அதுவரை இசையை ஒரு அங்கமாக கருதாத மக்கள் புதுசு புதுசா சேர்ந்து கொண்டே இருக்காங்க. அப்படித்தான் ராஜாவின் இசை உதிர்த்தேழுந்த போதும் இருந்திருக்கும் என நினைக்கிறேன். (அப்படித்தான் ஆனது ரஹ்மான் வரவின் போதும்)

rajaramsgi
23rd July 2012, 08:20 PM
Please see the list of songs we heard from the Neeya naana program.. it may make a great playlist if you are interested. Few stories from the audience sounded very much real and emotional.

ஒரு இனிய மனது
கூந்தலிலே மேகம் வந்து

எங்கெங்கோ செல்லும் என் எண்ணங்கள்
நான் உங்கள் வீட்டு பிள்ளை (MSV)

அந்தி மழை பொழிகிறது (referred twice)
சங்கீத மேகம் தென் சிந்தும் நேரம்

சங்கீத ஜாதி முல்லை
குயிலே கவி குயிலே

அழகிய கண்ணே
நாலு பக்கம் வேடருண்டு

நித்தம் நித்தம் நெல்லி சோறு
சித்திரை செவ்வானம்

அடி ஆத்தாடி இள மனசொன்னு
கண்டேன் எங்கும் பூமகள்

ஏதோ நினைவுகள் கனவுகள்
என் இனிய பொன் நிலாவே

இளைய நிலா பொழிகிறது
மீன்கொடி தேரில்

சொர்கமே என்றாலும்
வான் நிலா நிலா அல்ல பொன் வாலிபம் ( MSV)

குயில் பாட்டு ஒ வந்ததென்ன
மெட்டி ஒளி காற்றோடு

மலையோரம் வீசும் காற்று
அன்னக்கிளி

தெய்வீக ராகம் தெவிட்டாத கானம்
புத்தம் புது காலை

கல்யாண தேனிலா
மலரே என்னென்ன கோலம்

சொந்தம் இல்லை பந்தம் இல்லை
பட்டு கன்னம் தொட்டு கொள்ள

பசுமை நிறைந்த நினைவுகளே (MSV)
நினைவாலே சிலை செய்து உனக்காக (MSV)

அழகே அழகு தேவதை
ஆத்தாடி பாவாடை

கண்ணில் என்ன கார்காலம்
விழியிலே மலர்ந்தது

கண்ணன் ஒரு கைக்குழந்தை
எங்கும் மைதிலி (TR)

நினைவோ ஒரு பறவை
என்னை விட்டு ஓடி போக முடியுமா (MSV)

வனகுயிலே குயில் தரும்
உன்னை தொட்ட காற்று வந்து (MSV)

என் தாயெனும் கோவிலை
கண்மணி நீ வர காத்திருந்தேன்

காதல் வந்துருச்சு
நான் தேடும் செவ்வந்தி பூவிது

நான் பாடும் மௌன ராகம்
நந்தா என் நிலா (தட்சிணாமூர்த்தி)

அந்தரங்கம் யாவுமே
பேரை சொல்லவா

உறவெனும் புதிய வானில்
ஒரு பூவனத்துல

ஒ வெண்ணிலா வண்ண பூச்சூடவா (MSV)
இளமை ஊஞ்சலாடுகிறது பாடல்கள்

அன்னக்கிளி உன்னை தேடுதே
மீனா ரீனா (TR)

தோல்வி நிலையென நினைத்தால் (Manoj Giyan)
வாசமிலா மலரிது (TR)

அந்த மானை பாருங்கள் அழகு (MSV)
தோலின் மேலே

காதல் ஓவியம் பாடும் காவியம்
சாலையோரம் சோலை ஒன்று

பொன் மானைத்தேடி நானும் ஊர்கோலம்
தேன் சிந்துதே வானம் (GKV/IR)

ஆயிரம் மலர்களே மலருங்கள் (referred thrice)
ஒரு ராகம் பாடும் போது

முதன் முதலாக காதல் டூயட்
மனியே மனிகுயிலே

உறவுகள் தொடர்கதை
நிலா அது வானத்து மேலே

ஈரமான ரோஜாவே
பொதுவாக என் மனசு தங்கம்

உன்னை நான் பார்த்தது (V.Kumar)
யே ஆத்தா ஆத்தோரம

கோயில் மணி ஓசை தன்னை
ராமன் ஆண்டாலும் ராவணன் ஆண்டாலும்

மாஞ்சோலை கிளி தானோ (reffered twice)
வனிதாமணி வண்ண மோகினி

உனக்கு மட்டும் ரகசியம் சொல்வேன் (MSV)
வெத்தலை வெத்தலை

ஏதோ மோகம் ஏதோ தாகம்
ஆகாயம் மேலே

ஒரே நாள் உனை நான் (referred twice)
தண்ணி கருத்துருச்சு

பிறந்த நாள் இன்று பிறந்த நாள் (ரேடியோ paatu)
அடியே மனம் நில்லுன்னா

இந்த மின்மினிக்கு கண்ணில் என்ன (referred twice)
ஊரு விட்டு ஊரு வந்து

சிங்காரி சரக்கு

skr
23rd July 2012, 10:03 PM
I beleive Usha spoke very well about the song Mazhai Varudhu but these croonies edited that part.
I also heard that Raj spoke about Kanavu Ondru Thonudhe explaining little bit technically too about it , but that also was cut

It was just a plain jane celebration of vintage songs of 80s.

skr
23rd July 2012, 10:06 PM
Quoting what Rajendra Kumar had put up as his status

சில நண்பர்கள், நேற்றைய 'நீயா நானா' நிகழ்ச்சியில் நான் ஏன் அதிகம் பேசவில்லை என்று கேட்கிறார்கள்.உண்மை என்னவென்றால், என் நெஞ்சை நெகிழ வைத்த பாடல் என்ன என்பதைப் பற்றி ஓரளவு விரிவாகவே பேசினேன்:

'' 'ஒரு ஓடை நதியாகிறது' என்ற படத்தில் வரும் 'கனவு ஒன்று தோன்றுதே' என்ற பாடல்.இது ரேவதி ராகத்தில் அமைந்துள்ளது.டபுல் பேஸ்,மற்றும் பேஸ் கிடார் ஆட்சி செலுத்தும்.

இது ஒரு புறம்.

இன்னொரு புறம், இந்தப்பாடல் இடம்பெரும் காட்சி அமைப்பு.இந்தப் படத்தை இயக்கியவர், திரு.ஸ்ரீதர் அவர்கள்.இந்தப் படத்தின் கதாநாயகியை ஆரம்பக் காட்சியிலேயே, குடிபோதையில் நாயகன் தன்னையறியாமலேயே கெடுத்து விடுவான்.வெகுநாட்களுக்குப் பிறகு அவனை சந்திக்கும் நாயகி, அவன் யார் என்று அறியாமலேயே தனது ஆதர்ச கணவனாக அவனை நினைத்துப் பார்ப்பாள்-அவன் திருமணவானவன் என்று தெரிந்தும் கூட.அந்த சந்தர்ப்பத்தில் வருவதுதான் இந்தப் பாடல்.

முதலாவதாக நான் குறிப்பிட்டது, இளையராஜா என்கின்ற மாமனிதரால் அளிக்கப்பட்டு, இன்றும் வளர்க்கப்பட்டு வரும் சிறிதளவு இசை அறிவால்.

இரண்டாவதாகக் குறிப்பிட்டது, நான் அந்தத் திரைப்படத்தைப் பார்த்ததனால்.

ஆனால், இவை இரண்டும் இல்லாமல், எல்லாவற்றையும் மூடிவிட்டு, ஒரு பாமரனாக இந்தப் பாட்டைக் கேட்டாலும், அது தரும் அதிர்வுகள் வர்ணிக்கமுடியாதவை.''

விஜய் டிவி, இதைக் காண்பிக்காததால், வருத்தம் ஒன்றும் இல்லை.

எல்லாமே, விளையாட்டில் உண்டு( All in the game) என்பதன் தமிழாக்கம் :) :).

Also he wrote one line about Usha
Usha Tvshankarv'மழை வருவது' பாடலைப் பற்றி அழகாகப் பேசினார்.அதையும் இருட்டடிப்பு செய்து விட்டார்கள்.

Plum
23rd July 2012, 10:13 PM
oh yes I distinctly recalle xpecting Usha Sankar to talk about Mazhai Varuvadhu :). I was surprised she settled for Annakkili. I think I rather have some understanding of Usha chechis mind :)

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
23rd July 2012, 10:37 PM
இந்திப் பாட்டு கேட்டுக்கொண்டிருந்த தமிழகம், ராஜாவுக்கு பிறகு தமிழ்ப் பாட்டு கேட்டது என்பதே ஒரு மிகையான வாக்கியம். இந்திப்பாட்டு ஒரு வட்டத்திற்கு கீழே செல்லவே இல்லை.ஒட்டு மொத்த மக்கள் தொகையில் அந்த மேல் வட்டம் குறைவான எண்ணிக்கை. அப்படிங்கறது என் அபிப்ராயம். சரியா? ஒவ்வொரு மாற்றம் வரும்போதும் அதுவரை இசையை ஒரு அங்கமாக கருதாத மக்கள் புதுசு புதுசா சேர்ந்து கொண்டே இருக்காங்க. அப்படித்தான் ராஜாவின் இசை உதிர்த்தேழுந்த போதும் இருந்திருக்கும் என நினைக்கிறேன். (அப்படித்தான் ஆனது ரஹ்மான் வரவின் போதும்)

இந்திப்பாடல்கள் கேட்ட எண்ணிக்கை குறைவாகத்தான் இருந்திருக்கும் என்கிரீர்கள். குறைவாகவே இருந்தாலும், அவர்கள் தான், பாடல் கேட்கும் வசதி/வாய்ப்பு (comfort/accessibility) பெற்றவர்களாக இருப்பார்கள். அப்படிப்பட்ட சூழலில், முதலில் இப்படி ஒரு வாதம் எழுந்தது என்பதே நாம் கவனிக்கவெண்டிய விஷயம். இந்த வாதம் 2012 வரை பயணித்து வருகிறதென்றால் அவ்வளவு சிறுபான்மையாகவா இருந்திருக்கும் என்ற கேள்வியும் எழுகிறது!

இப்படி ஒன்று இல்லாமல் இருந்தாலும், ராஜாவின் இசை புகழ்பெற்றிருக்கும் என்பது வேறு விஷயம்.

app_engine
23rd July 2012, 10:51 PM
Yet to watch the show...but the songs list appears ok :-)

Obviously, a show of this kind (host + many participants) for just an hour cannot do much justice to such a sensation (i.e. "80's songs")on TN life & culture. Especially, it will be severely underwhelming to any who had spent years at tfmpage :wink:

Still, happy for the attention given to this phenomenon...

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
23rd July 2012, 11:02 PM
http://soundcloud.com/rockstar-zep/maalainera-kaatre

&

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S25tlrvqP_8

hihi :lol: (of course, only ofr the 1st 15 seconds)

Already found/known one?

app_engine
23rd July 2012, 11:03 PM
இந்திப்பாட்டு ஒரு வட்டத்திற்கு கீழே செல்லவே இல்லை.ஒட்டு மொத்த மக்கள் தொகையில் அந்த மேல் வட்டம் குறைவான எண்ணிக்கை. அப்படிங்கறது என் அபிப்ராயம். சரியா?

தவறு.

70-களில் மிகச்சிறிய குக்கிராமங்களில் கூட ஆராதனா, பாபி மற்றும் யாதோன் கி பாராத் பாட்டுகள் முழங்கின என்பது வரலாற்று உண்மை :-)

It's true that TFM itself didn't have as much "dumping" or "deeper reach" as in IR-era (bus / teakkadai / recording center / home cassette players etc). It was limited to radio & functions, apart from movie theaters. And in all those places, hindi songs had as much presence as TFM. (Political / election meetings were possible exceptions)

app_engine
23rd July 2012, 11:08 PM
Ofcourse HFM (& "western") were undisputed leaders with the above-middle class & the rich. They felt it was "low-class" to be associated with TFM songs those days, in my personal observation.

Such snobbiness had practically gone away during early 80's. RDB-BoneyM-ABBA fans didn't have any problem playing en iniya pon nilA or iLaya nilA at their homes :-)

Nerd
23rd July 2012, 11:22 PM
Folks are being too harsh on the show. After all its the general public (with very little or no knowledge about music, most of them) with the ever-annoying kObi moderating it. I did enjoy some parts of it.

தவறு.

70-களில் மிகச்சிறிய குக்கிராமங்களில் கூட ஆராதனா, பாபி மற்றும் யாதோன் கி பாராத் பாட்டுகள் முழங்கின என்பது வரலாற்று உண்மை :-)

It's true that TFM itself didn't have as much "dumping" or "deeper reach" as in IR-era (bus / teakkadai / recording center / home cassette players etc). It was limited to radio & functions, apart from movie theaters. And in all those places, hindi songs had as much presence as TFM. (Political / election meetings were possible exceptions)
If Venkki does not want to take app_e's words for it, please watch Panju A talk about this very thing in the Manathodu Mano show. "Hindi songs were a rage then and I wanted to introduce a new *extraordinary* talent to TFM so that we can make people start appreciating TFM". avvaLavu baadhichchadhaal dhaan Panju A was so determined to introduce Raaja.

jaiganes
23rd July 2012, 11:47 PM
Folks are being too harsh on the show. After all its the general public (with very little or no knowledge about music, most of them) with the ever-annoying kObi moderating it. I did enjoy some parts of it.

If Venkki does not want to take app_e's words for it, please watch Panju A talk about this very thing in the Manathodu Mano show. "Hindi songs were a rage then and I wanted to introduce a new *extraordinary* talent to TFM so that we can make people start appreciating TFM". avvaLavu baadhichchadhaal dhaan Panju A was so determined to introduce Raaja.
Surprised that even "FACT" is being debated. It can happn only in Raaja forum in hub..
let them try to establish this trend in other threads - mudhugula tinnu dhaan.

app_engine
24th July 2012, 12:08 AM
Panju A talk about this very thing in the Manathodu Mano show.

So, I have one more "home work" :-)

(I'm getting a few weeks "time-off" at home - family visiting India - so, all these should be covered in the coming weekend :-) )

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
24th July 2012, 12:22 AM
Anybody please, Jency version of theerthakaraithaniley from Thaipongal(1980) The below link has only half the song

http://soundcloud.com/rockstar-zep/theerthakaraithaniley-jency

madhu
24th July 2012, 04:10 AM
Anybody please, Jency version of theerthakaraithaniley from Thaipongal(1980) The below link has only half the song

http://soundcloud.com/rockstar-zep/theerthakaraithaniley-jency

here is a link for full song ji..

http://music3.cooltoad.com/music/download.php?id=463817

kameshratnam
24th July 2012, 11:49 AM
Before sakala kala vallavar posts it

thanks sistla suresh for the link Talk with Sri. Neville Franco about his experience with Maestro ILaiyaraja

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX6azEN4LNk

Sureshs65
24th July 2012, 12:01 PM
Now will someone be kind enough and post Panju Arunachalam in 'Manadodu Mano' links here? Especially the second part where he spoke about Raja and also about some lovely songs of Raja.

Devaraagam
24th July 2012, 01:03 PM
Now will someone be kind enough and post Panju Arunachalam in 'Manadodu Mano' links here? Especially the second part where he spoke about Raja and also about some lovely songs of Raja.
I am tired of searching on this program in net sureshji

kiru
24th July 2012, 03:07 PM
Watched the neeya naana program..thanks guys for the link q.hmm.. Gopinath did well. The very ending part including MSV, Subbiah Naidu and Rahman seemed to be a late "insert". Must be some guidance from the corporate guys that a network cannot be favoring a particular composer. Just to give him the benefit of doubt. The BITS alumnus woman is a good example of how the instrumental portion of IR's songs captured peoples imagination compared to mostly the vocal nuances in previous era ..I was impressed when she asked 1st or 2nd interlude ..awesome. Well ..even today, there is so much importance to the sound.. but not sure whether the "playing" is given importance !!
(Damn.. arivumathi sings wells and sort of sounded like IR's voice..he made some good points too)

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
24th July 2012, 04:09 PM
Watched the neeya naana program..thanks guys for the link q.hmm.. Gopinath did well. The very ending part including MSV, Subbiah Naidu and Rahman seemed to be a late "insert". Must be some guidance from the corporate guys that a network cannot be favoring a particular composer. Just to give him the benefit of doubt. The BITS alumnus woman is a good example of how the instrumental portion of IR's songs captured peoples imagination compared to mostly the vocal nuances in previous era ..I was impressed when she asked 1st or 2nd interlude ..awesome. Well ..even today, there is so much importance to the sound.. but not sure whether the "playing" is given importance !!
(Damn.. arivumathi sings wells and sort of sounded like IR's voice..he made some good points too)

http://www.facebook.com/groups/IlayaRajafans/permalink/299918063440799/

:clap:

thumburu
24th July 2012, 05:16 PM
Thank you very much K for "Neeya NAnA" links .
What SKV couldn't , u did :)
With too many crowd and Usha's forewarning, I didn't
expect the spotlight on non pushy, non vociferous speakers
like Usha . But still, I am miffed with Gopi's
demeanour to cast away anything even remotely resembling a
technical viewpoint. I am referring to Raj's "kanavu ondru thondrudhe" and Usha's "mazhai varuvadhu" here.
We all know TRP is his sole goal but allowing a few
"so called high brow" stuff here and there is not going to hurt.

Nerd
24th July 2012, 06:40 PM
Arivumathi?

-Absolutely unnecessary dig on Raaja's voice
-iLaiyaraaja kaalaththula (live recording) . yOv avaru enna kaRkaalaththulayaa vaazhndhaaru? He is still alive and his latest was sold for record prices for God's sakes :hammer:

KV
24th July 2012, 10:34 PM
//

by the by, annar telungu padam onnu pannirkkaar - tuneega tuneega (http://www.chitramala.in/audio-songs/tuneega-tuneega-2273.html) (butterfly butterfly). tried listening to 5 or 6 tracks. kombleett unselected. idhula assaaltta 'lemon tree' lift ellaam vEra :hammer:
panradhu rajinikanth rangeku rendu varshathla oru padam, adhulayum indha level dedication... sorry but vonly kr fossible :bow:
//

KV
24th July 2012, 11:13 PM
just started with the youva meeya show.
Within a minute of its start:
anaivarukkum, gopinathin anbu vanakkam. (vivek: idhellaam kEkka koodaadhunu dhaan barathiyaar rendu kaadhum poththunaapla mundaasu katteerkkaru da)
elvees brezly, beetles, ivangala paththi innikkum kooda, aangila pathrigai, western ulagam, maaindhu maaindhu ezdhukittE irukku. (arEy narayan, iss machchar ke parEshaani :evil:)

What a test of endurance :cry3:

app_engine
25th July 2012, 12:13 AM
KV,
:rotfl:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
25th July 2012, 12:19 AM
//

by the by, annar telungu padam onnu pannirkkaar - tuneega tuneega (http://www.chitramala.in/audio-songs/tuneega-tuneega-2273.html) (butterfly butterfly). tried listening to 5 or 6 tracks. kombleett unselected. idhula assaaltta 'lemon tree' lift ellaam vEra :hammer:
panradhu rajinikanth rangeku rendu varshathla oru padam, adhulayum indha level dedication... sorry but vonly kr fossible :bow:
//

vonly kr fossible shtyle response is:- ada avanukkellaam athuve athigam saar :lol:

frame this whole post and parcel to plumgaaru

Plum
25th July 2012, 09:41 AM
allov - i am lying low on the Tuneega debacle. idhu kArthik dhAnA? illai mandabathula yArO ezhudhi koduthadhai koNdu vandhu parisu vAnga muyaRchiyannE yosichukitturukkEn. Worrsssssstt everrrr from Karthikeyan,. Bleddy market. padamum utter floppppp....launch vehicle of MS Raju's son - you can roughly think of him as a andhra kalaipuli Dhanu. vandhu vAikkudhE Karthikeyanukkunnu....
(still, Rahman did Sakakrakatti for a similar vehicle so....karthikeya, romba sodhikkaRadA!)

Plum
25th July 2012, 09:42 AM
arre narayan, is machchar ki pareshani

:lol: :rotfl: :clap:

venkkiram
25th July 2012, 09:58 AM
நீயா நானா காணொளி.. பாதி கடந்திருக்கேன். நன்றி மக்களே! எதிர்பார்ப்பினை குறைக்க வைத்து.. இப்போது வியந்து பார்த்துக் கொண்டிருக்கிறேன் (இதுவரையே மூச்சுக்கு ஒரு முறை ராஜா ராஜா என ஒலித்துக் கொண்டிருக்கிறது). ரொம்ப ரொம்ப நல்லாயிருக்கு. :notworthy: நிறைய மனிதர்களது பழங்கால நினைவுகள் ரொம்ப சுவாரஸ்யமா இருக்கு. நெகிழவும் வைக்குது.

Gregorysab
25th July 2012, 02:17 PM
Poster of Gundello Godari: http://www.idlebrain.com/news/2000march20/firstlook-gundellogodari.html

I didnt know that the movie is adapted from a book by the great writer, Mullapoodi Venkataramana.

Plum
25th July 2012, 11:30 PM
Oh i sit Aakarsh? He was also Bapu's writer(including for Sri Rama Rajyam) right?

teja
25th July 2012, 11:41 PM
"Gundello Godari" More posters here: http://gallery.123telugu.com/content/slideshows/Movies/G/Gundello_Godaari_Movie_Posters/imgpages/image000.html

Movie seems to hold some promise. Expectations are building up. Film is set in 1986 backdrop. Would IR use 80's style orchestration?

Gregorysab
26th July 2012, 11:22 AM
Yes Plum. Mullapoodi was Bapu's best friend, soul-mate, writer. They as a team were called as "Bapu-Ramana". For Mullapoodi's jokes, Bapu used to draw cartoons and for his stories, illustrations. They have been bestfriends since long time.. probably when they were 12 years old i think.

KV
26th July 2012, 11:32 AM
aakarsh, teja, thanks for posting the links to the pics. They look very nice; has spiked my curiosity about this film's music.
Wiki says Aug 2012 release. Any news from greatandhra/idlebrain on the audio launch?

(I instantly had thAlAttudhE vAnAm humming in my head as I was seeing the pics)

//
:rubbing salt on the wound:
aakarsh, what's your take on tuneega tuneega? How has music fared in the local music scene in AP?
//

KV
26th July 2012, 12:01 PM
நீயா நானா காணொளி.. பாதி கடந்திருக்கேன். நன்றி மக்களே! எதிர்பார்ப்பினை குறைக்க வைத்து.. இப்போது வியந்து பார்த்துக் கொண்டிருக்கிறேன் (இதுவரையே மூச்சுக்கு ஒரு முறை ராஜா ராஜா என ஒலித்துக் கொண்டிருக்கிறது). ரொம்ப ரொம்ப நல்லாயிருக்கு. :notworthy: நிறைய மனிதர்களது பழங்கால நினைவுகள் ரொம்ப சுவாரஸ்யமா இருக்கு. நெகிழவும் வைக்குது.

+1. Thanks to all the warnings here, my tharamatta level expectations going into the show had me liking it to a fair extent. Some of the experiences shared in the show were nice, but they could've made it far better with better planning and execution. I liked the Vanakkuyile episode in particular. It's these sorta experiences that make music such a special element in the lives of many people. (The guy did admit that the song is from the mid-90s; wasn't a slip-up like what some of us assumed here).
He put across his thoughts very well (not verbatim) - Though this one's from the mid-90s, my dad, aged 56 then, living through the final days of his life, appeared to have found some kinda of connection with this song for he would listen to it continuously. My dad is now no more. My family and I do not have the courage to listen to this song for it shakes us up so much. Enakkum enga appavukkum naduve mattumE irukkara oru aga ulagathula, Raaja engira oru manidhar oru transceiver aaga irundhaar (in the very personal space between my dad and I, a person named Raaja functioned as a transceiver).' Beautifully put. :clap:
(gob's reaction: "yes... very nice feel" :rotfl2: :hammer:)

Gregorysab
26th July 2012, 12:10 PM
//
:rubbing salt on the wound:
aakarsh, what's your take on tuneega tuneega? How has music fared in the local music scene in AP?
//

I remember listening to it few days ago. The title song worked for me, probably because of the country-jazz style of tune/orchestration, which was different from the current crop of telugu film music. Dhigu Dhigu jaabilee is also very good! He used good string orchestra pieces in the song. Raaja influence abound, in this song. The rest did not click much with me.
And regarding how it fared here... I dont really know much. Radio stations did play them... but generic people did not lap them up much. I think the commercial failure of the film was a factor. On radios, people are more hooked to "Naa peru naanee" from Eega (a pulsating techno song.. techno for sure.. but the song worked bigtime in the film).

//digression ends

KV
26th July 2012, 02:09 PM
//
Well, I can't seem to get Lemon Tree out of my head to appreciate the title song.
Yeah, the interludes in Dhigu dhigu are not bad, but the song's a templatized contemporary (and boring) love song IMO.
My pick's the folk (mini) song Merisiley ningi (http://www.chitramala.in/audio-songs/pop_new.php?sid=15315&wid=2273) that has just a female chorus with some clapping sounds keeping rhythm. And frankly, the only song that caught my interest in the album.
//

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
26th July 2012, 02:10 PM
( a person named Raaja functioned as a transceiver).' Beautifully put. :clap:
(gob's reaction: "yes... very nice feel" :rotfl2: :hammer:)

"VeLiya" poittu varravan kitta gobi poi pesinaa " Intha thamizchoozhalla, ithu, enna maathiriyaana feel?! how dhoou you phfeel?"

MumbaiRamki
26th July 2012, 02:50 PM
http://www.rediff.com/movies/slide-show/slide-show-1-south-interview-with-namitha-pramod/20120726.htm

Story avvalvu sooper a illaya

app_engine
26th July 2012, 06:58 PM
http://www.rediff.com/movies/slide-show/slide-show-1-south-interview-with-namitha-pramod/20120726.htm

:confused:
There's no story in this link - only the setting :-)

In any case, there're any number of MF that may not have 'thiruppangaL niRaindha kathai' etc but with great viewing experience. Actually, most Sathyan films were of that type...

Sureshs65
26th July 2012, 06:59 PM

Yov Ramki. Sathyan padaththula eppavume ore kadha dhaan :) Naala irukku nalla illanra paechukke idam illa :D

kameshratnam
26th July 2012, 08:30 PM
Today at 9 pm IST: in JAYA TV:

Retelecast of the Dec 2011 concert of IR: Enendrum Raaja... I guess they will play over 5 weeks ..every thursday at 9 pm

Devaraagam
26th July 2012, 10:50 PM
Yov Ramki. Sathyan padaththula eppavume ore kadha dhaan :) Naala irukku nalla illanra paechukke idam illa :D

suresh, you are telling like my wife...when I was watching snegha veedu, she was saying "enna padam..Ilaiyaraja malayalam padam ellam orey madhri irukku and orey set of side actors." (during that period I watched all satyan movies like one movie one week)

p
26th July 2012, 11:12 PM
They have made it into a single now!

http://www.klicktrack.com/fkr/releases/ilaiyaraaja/naanthaan-ungappanda

http://www.klicktrack.com/assets/shops/fkr/releases/fkrooooodl/images/olympic_sleeve_200x200.png

Naanthaan Ungappanda
FKROOOOODL
Artist: Ilaiyaraaja
Label: Finders Keepers Records
External Link: Finders Keepers Records
7/26/12 MP3 (320 kbit)

and there is a mention of a forthcoming compilation as well.

layman10
27th July 2012, 04:32 AM
Naanthaan Ungappanda
FKROOOOODL
Artist: Ilaiyaraaja
Label: Finders Keepers Records
External Link: Finders Keepers Records
7/26/12 MP3 (320 kbit)

and there is a mention of a forthcoming compilation as well.

Finders keepers guy said in twitter that, today he got confirmed that this song is going to be used.

app_engine
27th July 2012, 11:05 AM
Finished watching 'neeyA nAnA' (80's songs)...

Many visitors to this forum know how much special that period is to me :-)

Except some touching moments here and there ('pon mAnaiththEdi' incident had me in tears), quite an average show. Unfortunately, it didn't transport me back :oops: May be the format kuzhappam. (The show is more about talking and at the max song-vocals but the top speciality of 80's -IMVSO- was instrumental portions...lack of that in the program could be the reason)

Though there was some sodhappal in the initial intro, overall, Gopi moderated the program very well, IMHO.

app_engine
27th July 2012, 11:09 AM
Though it was a brief moment and the audio was from a cell-phone only, 'indha minminikku' had an elevated moment thanks to the instrumental part. Despite having a few musicians sitting there, this part got almost totally neglected and that's a great injustice to 80's...sorry :-(

app_engine
27th July 2012, 11:12 AM
When the participants sang, it would have added such an extraordinary flavor if the players added just guitar chords or piano accompaniment...lost opportunity :-(

app_engine
27th July 2012, 11:15 AM
I understand that could have thrown off the participants and even watered down the enthu for many other viewers...just my preference :-)

80's to me is IR's orch era!

Program on 80's music without instrumental accompaniment is like paruppu illAtha sAmbAr...

kameshratnam
27th July 2012, 12:54 PM
Thanks for the source Murugesan Saravanan - RAJA FANS

தங்கர்பச்சானும் பச்சோந்தி மாற்றமும்

மைக்குல பேசுறது, திரையில் செண்டிமெண்ட்டாக கதை சொல்வது என சினிமாவுக்குள் இருக்கும் தங்கர்பச்சான் தங்கம்தான். ஆனால் வெளியில் இருக்கும் தங்கரின் இன்னொரு குணம் தகரத்தை காட்டிலும் தரம் குறைந்தவை.

தற்போது சாந்தனு நடிக்கும் ‘அம்மாவின் கைப்பேசி’ படத்தை இயக்கி வருகிறார் தங்கர். இதற்கு முன் அவர் இயக்கிய முந்தைய படங்களுக்கு இசையால் உயிர் கொடுத்தவர் இளையராஜா. ஆனால் இந்த முறை வடநாட்டு இசையமைப்பாளர் ஒருவரை இசையமைக்க வைத்திருக்கிறார் தங்கர். ஏனிந்த மாற்றம் என்று சமீபத்தில் நடந்த பிரஸ்மீட்டில் தங்கரிடம் கேட்டபோது அவரது பதிலில் வெளிப்பட்டது பச்சோந்தித்தனமே.

“நான் இயக்கிய படங்கள் உலகத்தரம் வாய்ந்தவை. ஆனால் அது உலக அளவில் சென்றடையவில்லை. அதற்கு காரணம் இசைதான். உலக தரத்திற்கு இசை இல்லாமல் போனதே என் படங்கள் சர்வதேச அளவில் ரீச்சாகாமல் போனதற்கு காரணம். அதனால்தான் இந்த முறை மும்பை இசையமைப்பாளரை இசையமைக்க வைத்திருக்கிறேன்.’’ என்று வாய்க்கொழுப்பாக பேசி ராஜாவின் ரசிகர்களை வேதனையில் ஆழ்த்தியுள்ளார்.
இந்த விஷயத்தை சில நலம்விரும்பிகள் ராஜாவிடம் சொல்ல விஷயத்தை கேட்டு ராஜா பலமாக சிறிது விட்டாராம் ...!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sureshs65
27th July 2012, 02:49 PM
“நான் இயக்கிய படங்கள் உலகத்தரம் வாய்ந்தவை. ஆனால் அது உலக அளவில் சென்றடையவில்லை. அதற்கு காரணம் இசைதான். உலக தரத்திற்கு இசை இல்லாமல் போனதே என் படங்கள் சர்வதேச அளவில் ரீச்சாகாமல் போனதற்கு காரணம். அதனால்தான் இந்த முறை மும்பை இசையமைப்பாளரை இசையமைக்க வைத்திருக்கிறேன்.’’

:lol: :lol: :lol:

KV
27th July 2012, 02:54 PM
enakku yaarum thEvai illai. enakku... yaarum.. thEvai.. illai.
what arrogance.

Sureshs65
27th July 2012, 04:54 PM
Forget about Tangar Bachan. Here is a first look of 'Gundello Godavari'. Not sure if the trailer music is by Raja. (Many a times they take some stock music for the trailer.)

http://t.co/k8EbGVVd

Sureshs65
27th July 2012, 04:58 PM
And here is a lovely Jency based youtube playlist by Devaragam, which he posted on twitter: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC4B6A0E03F638F50

layman10
27th July 2012, 05:49 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01l33xj The Naanthaan Ungappanda, song was on BBC 6 (music) today. Archive will be available soon, I guess.

layman10
27th July 2012, 07:35 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/b01l33xj at 02:07:50. Listen to hosts reaction before and after the song!.

Nerd
27th July 2012, 07:36 PM
Yet another film -

Ilayaraja’s songs that are played in the backdrop, add to the romantic setting.

Maalai Pozhuthin MayakkaththilE review (http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-reviews/reviews-2/jul-12-04/maalai-pozhudhin-mayakathilaey-review.html)

venkkiram
27th July 2012, 08:11 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/b01l33xj at 02:07:50. Listen to hosts reaction before and after the song!. Thanks. புல்லரிக்குது போங்க.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
27th July 2012, 08:49 PM
Thanks. புல்லரிக்குது போங்க.

Athai vida inga paarunga :D

https://twitter.com/BBC6MorningShow/status/228809900841660416

6Music 10-1300 ‏@BBC6MorningShow

#nowplaying: Naanthaan Ungappanda - Illaiyaraaja (obviously...)

Jessica Hodge ‏@vegand2veg
@BBC6MorningShow love it. Also, thanks for playing Damned neat neat neat yesterday. Sparked a The Damned-a-thon here

Andrew Kells ‏@Andrew_Kells
@bbc6morningshow love this tune to bits- this is what 6music is all about.

darrenmiller ‏@darrenmiller
@BBC6MorningShow MORE OF THIS!!!!

Bren ‏@Brendan_Surrey
@BBC6MorningShow Just based on THIS. It is going to be amazing. You just know it :o) @laurenlaverne

Lisa Goll ‏@LisasShare
@BBC6MorningShow I'm enjoying it. Good to hear something out of the ordinary.

San_K
27th July 2012, 09:58 PM
Thanks guys and ofcourse Ilaiyaraaja :D

I am totally relieved after some hectic days :D

KV
27th July 2012, 10:18 PM
Thanks for the links layman, skv.
Despite the brilliant work that they've done in the compilations and the sound engg so far, I was curious to know about the reputation of the Finders Keepers record label. Listening to the BBC show, it kinda becomes clear that it's highly regarded! Even more awesomeness! And apparently Danny Boyle digs it too... well well!

layman10
27th July 2012, 10:20 PM
Athai vida inga paarunga :D

https://twitter.com/BBC6MorningShow/status/228809900841660416

One more https://twitter.com/laurenlaverne/status/228810847751905280

Lauren Laverne
‏@laurenlaverne

Follow

That awesome Kollywood track used by Danny Boyle for tonight's #London2012 Opening Ceremony is here http://www.finderskeepersrecords.com/discog_fkr043.html …

RETWEETS
FAVORITES

Sophie Alexander ‏@SophieAlex1
@laurenlaverne Which track number was it? Only caught the end but loved it!

Goodsoul Promotions ‏@GoodsoulPromo
@laurenlaverne Noooo... I thought they were using Brown Sauce - I Just Want to be a Winner? sobs......

petefrombookham ‏@petefrombookham
@laurenlaverne That song had me arms-up dancing in bed. Can you sneak another one in, like this from Mohammed Rafi? youtube.com/watch ?v=XnBbjc5hmho

tim hanan ‏@turtletrunks
@laurenlaverne A Finders Keepers track in the Opening Ceremony? Awesome.

James Maher ‏@mistermaher
@laurenlaverne Also on the YouTube: www.youtube.com/watch ?v=mD6AgkD33NQ…

KV
27th July 2012, 10:21 PM
nathaan ungu paanda :lol: (but she does get ilayaraja quite well!)

San_K
27th July 2012, 10:40 PM
Super update layman10

anegan
28th July 2012, 04:43 AM
Here is the list of songs

http://www.london-insider.co.uk/2012/07/london-2012-opening-ceremony-music-playlist/

Naanthaan Ungappanda is listed as

Tigerstyle - Nacnha Onda Nei (contains Michael Jackson – Billie Jean, Queen & David Bowie – Under Pressure and Ilaiyaraaja – Naanthaan Ungappanda)

kiru
28th July 2012, 06:19 AM
Here is the list of songs

http://www.london-insider.co.uk/2012/07/london-2012-opening-ceremony-music-playlist/

Naanthaan Ungappanda is listed as

Tigerstyle - Nacnha Onda Nei (contains Michael Jackson – Billie Jean, Queen & David Bowie – Under Pressure and Ilaiyaraaja – Naanthaan Ungappanda)

I guess it will be a remix by Tigerstyle.

Plum
28th July 2012, 08:31 AM
Illyaraja...absolutely love that. I am going to be investigating his ouevre.

namma: ha ha lady, do you know what you are getting into? lifetime search baby , lifetime search. veLiya vara mudiyAdhu. Someone must tell her what is IR's ouevre. I'd like to see her expression when someone shows IR's discography to her. idhu mAdhiri pArthuruppAngaLA?

Sureshs65
28th July 2012, 11:02 AM
So, anyone saw the Olympic Opening Ceremony fully? I was awake till 2 am but the Raja song had not appeared by then. Hoping that someone will post the video here soon.