PDA

View Full Version : Maestro ilaiyaraaja news & titbits

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

jaiganes
21st June 2012, 02:22 AM
adhuvaa? thats because I realized it was inappropriate to bring Raja sir into that conversation.

I meant to make a point that some one working in 100s of movies - means NOTHING. I have no idea how SG managed to sustain upto 1100 movies or even Deva upto 450 when they all are no way close to Raja's or MSV's calibre. Sheer luck can take people to any heights, right?
what S-G did 1100 movies?
lets bring in genesis to read this and give you a nice reply - because it is a proven fact that raaja did not give space to anyone when he was at his peak.

AravindMano
21st June 2012, 04:41 AM
V_S ji, no, I addressed you along as you seemed to reply to my initial post about Rangan. I didn't disagree with you mostly.

Plum - :shock: nAn seriyAththAn pEsuRanA? Right vidunga.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
21st June 2012, 06:41 AM
Jai, Maybe S_G worked as assistants for that much number of films. Again we need to find out! Few days before, i found a 2 line report in JuVi which said a Malayalam Composer did 1000+ films and a Hindu Report confirmed they were mostly his assisted ones, not as a composer.

In true sense, even our Mottai Boss didn't cross 1000! Just that we are talking that number based on Rakkamma.com where the remakes, dubbed ones etc were just listed as it is..

jaiganes
21st June 2012, 09:38 AM
Jai, Maybe S_G worked as assistants for that much number of films. Again we need to find out! Few days before, i found a 2 line report in JuVi which said a Malayalam Composer did 1000+ films and a Hindu Report confirmed they were mostly his assisted ones, not as a composer.

In true sense, even our Mottai Boss didn't cross 1000! Just that we are talking that number based on Rakkamma.com where the remakes, dubbed ones etc were just listed as it is..
remba naal minnaadi vel sonnaaru indha raasavai "mottai" mottai boss" ipdillaam koopdaadheehannu..
yaarume kaekka maatreeha. minna eppdiyo paravaayillai.. ippo namma oru kurugiya fanatic cult aagittom - inimel indha termslaam raaja ummachi mela use pannnaa - sangu aruppu dhen - sollipten.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
21st June 2012, 10:14 AM
remba naal minnaadi vel sonnaaru indha raasavai "mottai" mottai boss" ipdillaam koopdaadheehannu..
yaarume kaekka maatreeha. minna eppdiyo paravaayillai.. ippo namma oru kurugiya fanatic cult aagittom - inimel indha termslaam raaja ummachi mela use pannnaa - sangu aruppu dhen - sollipten.

Ithu mattum ennavaam?!? Oru VeLa neengaLum Pagadi panreengaLaa?!?

P_R
21st June 2012, 12:16 PM
:roll:

rajaramsgi
21st June 2012, 06:15 PM
http://shajiwriter.blogspot.co.uk/2010/09/malaysia-vasudevan-greatest-tamil.html

I am not a big fan of Shaji's writings.. but I am posting this link for those who who want to read about Malaysia Vasudevan. not sure if this link was shared here earlier. It has some nice references to Raja sir.

Just to say no one knows why Raja sir does things differently than what majority of us think how he should have done it. ex: He did not go to pay homage to his friend Malasiya Vasudevan but he was there was paying his last respects for producer KRG who died yesterday(video link for this in youtube)

Sureshs65
21st June 2012, 06:25 PM
rajaramsgi,

What is your source that Raja did not go to pay homage to Malaysia Vasudevan? I know for a fact, from a person who is close to Raja, that Raja had visited Malaysia in the hospital when he was ill and also was there when Malaysia Vasudevan passed away. It is better to not spread such unfounded rumors, which some people may do for their own vested interest.

Infact in one program on some TV channel, when some award was given to Malaysia Vasudevan posthumously, in from of A R Rahman, Malaysia Vasudevan's family made it a point to mention their indebtedness to Raja. This would not have been done had Raja not taken interest in Malaysia Vasudevan's health. So until and unless we know things fully well, it is better not to pass such comments and also not encourage such comments.

Gregorysab
21st June 2012, 06:27 PM
Borrowing (& modifying) Suresh's recent tweet for a different context, here now: "One bucket popcorn ordered. Let the Panchayat begin now" :)

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
21st June 2012, 07:28 PM
Does anybody know the 100th 200th etc till 900th film of Aiyaa?!? I vaguely recall

100th -
200th -
300th -
400th - Nayagan
500th - Anjali
600th -
700th -
800th -
900th -
1000th(??) -

KlamRoyA
21st June 2012, 07:36 PM
replied in ur quote

Does anybody know the 100th 200th etc till 900th film of Aiyaa?!? I vaguely recall

100th - Moodupani
200th - 1000 nilave vaa
300th - udayageetham
400th - Siraiparavai
500th - Engitte Mothathe
600th - Innisai Mazhai
700th - Vanaja Girija
800th - Hey Ram
900th - In future
1000th(??) - in future

Raja did 892 films till now.. :smokesmirk:

http://www.ilayaraja.co.in/movies.html

rajaramsgi
21st June 2012, 07:42 PM
I vaguely remember these 2, may be I am wrong.
100th - Moodupani,
200th - Ayiram Nilave vaa

Naan Padum padalum indha listla irukku.. but can't recollect where it would fit.

Madhanraj
21st June 2012, 07:54 PM
400 - Nayagan
500 - Anjali

Madhanraj
21st June 2012, 07:56 PM
I am here after a very long time. Dragged into Malaysia Vasudevan's matter. Our Raja has respected and remember the closed ones always. He has also mentioned and made a tribute to MV in Endrendrum Raja concert in Jaya TV. (Song : Aayiram Malargale..)

app_engine
21st June 2012, 08:30 PM
As advertised :

#100 - moodupani (BM / Pratap Pothen / Shobha / en iniya pon nilAvE / paruva kAlangaLin kanavu)

#200 - Ayiram nilavE vA (AS Prakasam / Karthik / dEvadhai iLam dEvi / gangai ARRil / andharangam yAvumE / oottikkuLiru ammAdi)

#300 - udhaya geetham (K Rangaraj / Mohan / Revathy / sangeetha mEgam + many SPB delights)

#400 - nAyakan (MR/Kamal /then pANdichchemaiyilE + others)

#500 - anjali (MR / Raghuvaran / Prabhu / Revathy / Shamili / anjali anjali anjali + others)

V_S
21st June 2012, 09:30 PM
Raja did 892 films till now.. :smokesmirk:

http://www.ilayaraja.co.in/movies.html
That site left out lot of films. Just in 2009 itself Raja did 18 films, but it quotes 11 movies.

V_S
21st June 2012, 09:34 PM
100 - Moodupani (1980)
200 - Aayiram Nilave Vaa (1983)
300 - Udaya Geetham (1985)
400 - Nayagan (1987)
500 - Anjali (1990)
600 - Devar Magan (1992)
700 - Ramanaa (2002)
800 - ??
900 - Sengathu boomiyile was his 903rd film, some where in 2010/2011 he crossed his 900th. Paa was his 882nd film as mentioned by him.

teja
22nd June 2012, 01:17 AM
I recall reading somewhere that Sri Rama Rajyam is his 900th film.

senthilv.com
22nd June 2012, 01:29 AM
Among a medley of songs chosen for London Olympics Opening Ceremony, Ilaiyaraaja's "naanthaan ungappandaa" (Ram Lakshamanan - 1981) will feature: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-tamilnadu/article3549270.ece

And interestingly, Danny Boyle is the architect behind the opening ceremony.

M.I.A loves IR songs and looped couple of his song in her songs. Her songs has the similar feel and gangsta attitude as in the song "naanthaan ungappandaa" it might not be a surprise if she had a big say in it.

Nerd
22nd June 2012, 07:05 AM
600 - Devar Magan (1992)
700 - Ramanaa (2002)

Seriously doubt this. Did they announce Ramana as #700?

V_S
22nd June 2012, 07:35 AM
oops! sorry. May be I missed 700 and mentioned Ramana as 700 instead of 800?. This link says Ejamaan as 700.

http://tfmpage.com/forum/1076.17795.04:49:05.html
http://www.tamilspider.com/resources/7109-biography-profile-tamil-music-director-ilayaraaja.aspx This one says Devar Magan as 600.

Bala (Karthik)
22nd June 2012, 09:19 AM
Fantastic post :clap:

Raja has every right to have an opinion and express it just like you have one. He gave couple of valid points and has cited other points on several occasion to support his opinion that music could touch human psyche bit deeper than lyrics. You have given no such points to support your assertion but have taken the liberty to accuse him of false pride and arrogance. The loose talk is on your side, just pointing out the irony.

It would be better to discuss his ideas and opinions without out-rightly dismissing it. His music is the product of his ideas and opinions. They give us insight and helps appreciate music more.

Raja never says the lyrics can be bad or his music is better than lyrics. He would take Kannadasan's lyrics anytime compared to the music from the current crop of film musicians. You are confusing between quality of lyrics with its secondary nature in music as a whole. Since lot of people have this same opinion as you, let me throw my two cents to support Raja's opinion.

1. Our ears has the capability to process wider spectrum of sound than one could produce with our mouth. This is because our ability to speak is a recent phenomenon but our ability to hear evolved millions of years ago. Language is a subset of sound and so is music, but the range of sound in music is larger than the range of sound in a language. And our ears are capable of tuning into these range that is beyond language.

2. Music predates language and can still be expressed and produce deep emotions without any lyrics. Preference for lyrics is a conditioned behavior not an intrinsic human behavior.

3. Language itself is a collection of sound built upon rules and has an inbuilt music in it. You could look at poerty as a recognition of this inherent music patterns in language that could be used express an idea. Rap music is one example of this relation.

3. Children learn pitch and tone before they learn language. They also learn language by recognizing the musicality in it. A child doesn't sleep to lyrics in the lullaby but by the music in it. You replace it with any lyrics it will still fall asleep.

4. Animals respond to music and some actually make it as in the case of various birds species. Our literature has compared sweet music to music that Kuyil makes. I remember, Raja once remarked in a interview that a dog's howling has the same musical nature as in vidwan's singing. Of course his real insight was twisted and misquoted. (btw, "Good, bad and ugly" theme hook was an musical replication of a dog howling in the opening shot of the movie and inspired rest of the song)

5. Finally, just like Raja said, music can keep you in absolute attention just like in meditation. You tune out, you lose it completely. Music is the closest, one can get to meditation. It also the easiest and quickest way one can get to the non-dual state that so many spiritual and religious figures seek and most humans unconsciously desire. Just three right notes can take you to that zone.

Raja is a polymath. The man oozes knowledge and experience. To dismiss him and his talk is our loss. He can never be right on everything but at least we should explore his ideas, discuss and expand our understanding of music and life itself.

Bala (Karthik)
22nd June 2012, 09:29 AM
A note to Venkiram. Note, this post, like other posts is a comment on your stated opinion in a public forum. I'm restating the obvious because i'm tired of the lame cop-out ennaya kolraanga "personal attack" allegation that usually follows if people run out of points to make

The post by Senthil has given a kili pillai level response which should be more than sufficient to reject your claims, but still.....
How the heck does it become arrogance if i like music more than lyrics? Unga vaazhvin ovvoru asaivum, ennathin ovvoru anuvum Kavipperarasu Vairamuthu saar-kaaga irukkalaam. You might worship lyrics more than anything else. You might be so bankrupt when it comes to music that you will rate singer Krish and Balamurali Krishna in the same pedestal. You may like MSV and S.S Thaman equally. All because of the abject lack of evolution of musical taste (if at all it is present). Fine, go and read some poetry. Illa cinema paattu book vangi padinga. Edho pannunga, unga ishtam. Aana enna vaithukku "music comes first" nu solravana thappa pesareenga? Don't you see the utter bullcrappery in your statement and opinion? Like Maddy has said (and as Senthil has explained above), it is a *fact* - fine, let it be just an opinion. What the hell is your problem with that?

Bala (Karthik)
22nd June 2012, 09:32 AM
venkkiram - please apply the same standards of humility, arrogance etc to VMuthu etc. Problem is there is a ontinuous propoganda about IR's arrogance alone and the fashin is to twist his words and actions continuously. What about a kavignar who awards a kaviperarasu pattam to himself just because his more illustrious predecessor was called kaviyarasu - this, when, he is not fit to tie the shoelaces of his predecessor. Now, that is TRUE arrogance. Thinking of himself as bigger than he is in his field.

Venkiram
Please could you translate this and have this as your signature and look at it every morning when you get up? And stop bothering us with your garbage? And request your buddy here to do the same? Thanks

Bala (Karthik)
22nd June 2012, 09:35 AM
And Vairamuthu's every single tweet reeks of extreme arrogance and hikes up my blood sugar levels and makes me nauseous. Can you request him to show more humility in his tweets? Moondraam Ulaga Bore ayum nirutha sollunga, in the interest of world peace

venkkiram
22nd June 2012, 10:26 AM
மேலேயுள்ள செந்தில் என்பவரின் பதிவு... படிக்கும்போதே தூக்கம் வரக் கூடிய ஒன்றாக இருக்கிறது. நான் பதிலுக்கு என் தரப்பிலிருந்து கருத்துக்களை வைத்தால்தான் சரிப்படுமா? "பெயர்களை திருப்பிப் படித்தால் அர்த்தம் வரா. ஆனால் இசைக்குறிப்புக்களுக்கு உண்டு" என்ற கருத்திற்கு பொழிப்புரை என்ற பெயரில் பிதற்றுவதற்கு பதில் மௌனமாகவே இருந்துவிடலாம். நாயகர்களின் வாயசைக்கும் இசைப்பாடலே செயற்கையான விஷயம் தான் என்றாலும் அதிலும் முடிந்தவரை ஒரு சிறப்பு அவர்களின் பேசும் மொழி. "ஆற்றங்கரை ஓரத்திலே யாருமற்ற நேரத்திலே வீற்றிருந்த மணற்பரப்பு வேதனையைத் தூண்டுதடி" - இந்த வரிகள் தரும் உணர்வெழுச்சிக்கு முன்பு அந்தப் பாடலின் எந்த இசைக்குறிப்பும் எனக்கு இரண்டாம் பட்சமே. சில நேரங்களில் பாடல் வரிகள் முன்னெடுத்துச் செல்லும், சில நேரங்களில் இசைக்குறிப்புக்கள், சில நேரங்களில் இரண்டும் இணை கோடுகளாக.. ராக அமைப்பில் ஏறிக்கொண்டிருந்தாலும் "பாலூட்ட ஒரு பிள்ளை அழைக்கின்றது நான் படும் பாட்டை ஒரு பிள்ளை ரசிக்கின்றது" எங்கே இந்த கவித்துவக் காட்சிப் படலத்தை இசைக்குறிப்பில் மட்டுமே காட்டுங்கள் பார்ப்போம்? ஒவ்வொன்றுக்கும் ஒரு எல்லைக் கோடு வரையறுக்கப்பட்டிருக்கிறது. அவ்வளவுதான். இதுதான் பெரியது எனச் சொன்னால் அது என் பார்வைக்கு பிதற்றல்தான். அகந்தைதான். "மனிதர் உணர்ந்து கொள்ள இது மனிதக் காதல் அல்ல!" என பாறைகளைப் பார்த்து உரக்கக் கத்துகிறானே ஒரு அப்பாவி - அந்த உணர்ச்சி அந்தப் பாடலுக்கு அமைக்கப்பட்ட பின்னணி இசைக்குறிப்புக்களுக்கு இணையானது என்னைப் பொறுத்தவரை. அந்தப் படத்தின் அச்சாணியே அந்த வசனம்தான். அது சரியாக அந்தப் பாடலிடையே அமைந்து மென்மேலும் மெருகூற்றுகிறது. ராஜாவின் கிடார் ஒலிகள் எனக்கு எவ்வளவு முக்கியமோ அந்த அளவுக்கு "முகிலினங்கள் அலைகிறதே முகவரிகள் தொலைந்தனவோ முகவரிகள் தவறியதால் அழுதிடுமோ அது மழையோ" வரிகளும் முக்கியம். நூறு, இரு நூறு வருடங்கள் கழித்தும் இது ஒலிக்கப்ப்படும்போது அப்போதும் இந்த இரண்டு விஷயங்களுக்காகவும் புகழப்படும். நிறையச் சொல்லலாம். பாடல் வரிகள், வசனம் இவற்றின் முக்கியத்துவம் உங்கேளுக்கெல்லாம் தெரிந்த விஷயம்தான். ஆனால் இதெல்லாம் இப்படிச் சொல்லித்தான் ஆகணும் என்ற அவசியமேயில்லை. மொழிகளே இல்லாமல் முழுக்க முழுக்க பின்னணி இசை அல்லது இசை ஆல்பங்கள் செய்யும் தொழிலில் ராஜா ஈடுபட்டிருந்தால் அவரின் இத்தகைய பேச்சை மதிக்க வேண்டியதுதான். ஆனால், கருப்பு வெள்ளை காலம் தொட்டு டிஜிட்டல் காலமான இன்று வரை உச்சப் பாடல்கள் எனப் பட்டியல் இடும் பலவற்றில் பாடல் வரிகள் சிறப்பாகவே அமைந்திருக்கிறது. அப்படிப்பட்ட ஒரு நிலையில் இதுபோன்ற ஒருசார்பான கருத்தை ஏற்றுக்கொள்ள இயலவில்லை. இது ஒரு வகையில் மூளைச்சலவை செய்யும் யுக்தி. எனக்கு கண்ணதாசன் பாரம்பரியமும் வேண்டும். ராஜாவின் பாரம்பரியமும் வேண்டும்.

venkkiram
22nd June 2012, 10:33 AM
அனாவசியமாக வைரமுத்துவினை இழுத்து உங்களின் அதிமேதாவித் தனத்தை அடிக்கடி பறைசாற்ற முயல வேண்டாம். என்னை சொற்போரில் வீழ்த்த, படிய வைக்க அது ஒரு மலிவான ஆயுதம். அந்த ஆயுதத்தை ஏந்தி உங்களை நீங்களே பலகீனப் படுத்த முயலவேண்டாம் என கேட்டுக் கொள்கிறேன். இல்லை, எங்களுக்கு அப்படி செய்தால் மட்டுமே இருக்கும் உணர்வுகளுக்கு வடிகாலாக அமையும் என நீங்கள் நினைத்தால் நான் குறுக்கிடப் போவதில்லை. என்னமோ வைரமுத்துவினை இழுத்தால் என் குரல்வளையை பிடித்துவிடலாம் என்ற மனப்பால் குடிக்க வேண்டாம்.

venkkiram
22nd June 2012, 10:37 AM
Aana enna vaithukku "music comes first" nu solravana thappa pesareenga? வெகுஜனத்தில் ஒருவன் என்ற முறையில் எனக்கு பேச உரிமை இருக்கு! அதனால பேசுறேன். என்னமோ மையமே வேறொரு பாதையில் செல்வது போலவும், நான் மட்டும் தனி பாதையில் செல்வது போலவும் பிளிறிங்க. தரையில காலை வையுங்க!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
22nd June 2012, 12:35 PM
வெங்கி, செந்தில்வி.காமின் பதிவு ஒரு அரிதான அற்புதமான பதிவு. சரி, உங்களுக்கு தூக்கத்தை தருகிறது ஓகே, அதேபோல் ராஜாவின் கருத்தும் உங்களுக்கு ஏற்புடையதில்லை ஓக்கே, தேவையில்லாமல் வைரமுத்துவை இழுத்ததும் உங்களுக்கு பிடிக்க்லை அதுவும் ஓகே. ஆனால் உங்களுக்கு கருத்து பிடிக்கலைன்றதுக்காக ராஜாவை அர்ரோகன்ட் ந்னு எப்படி சொல்லப்போச்சு?!? கொஞ்சம் கூட சரியில்லையே! ஏற்கனவே சொன்னதுபோல் அவரின் எழுத்தை வெளியிடும் விழாவில்கூட அவர் அந்த புத்தகத்தை புரொமோட் செய்யாமல் இசையின் சிறப்பை பேசுகிறார், பதிப்பித்தவர் லாபம் பார்க்கணும் என்ற எண்ணம் கூட இல்லாமல்!

K
22nd June 2012, 12:55 PM
http://kali-kaalam.blogspot.in/2012/06/blog-post_21.html

ithayum padinga pa.

Bala (Karthik)
22nd June 2012, 02:14 PM
வெகுஜனத்தில் ஒருவன் என்ற முறையில் எனக்கு பேச உரிமை இருக்கு! அதனால பேசுறேன். என்னமோ மையமே வேறொரு பாதையில் செல்வது போலவும், நான் மட்டும் தனி பாதையில் செல்வது போலவும் பிளிறிங்க. தரையில காலை வையுங்க!
Thirutham. Unga ezhuthukkal = ularalgal. Olarreenga, pesala.

You haven't addressed a single point raised by people here, as usual.

1. Raaja rates music higher than lyrics. Even if you don't accept it as a fact, can you please enlighten us how this is arrogance from IR? Merely having an opinion contrary to yours is arrogance? Answer pannuveengala, illa olaral continue panna poreengala?
2. If Raaja is arrogant, then Vairamuthu is the epitome of arrogance. Can you respond to this? Or more olaral?

SoftSword
22nd June 2012, 03:37 PM
senthil... watta post :clap: :bindmlowing: :gold: :diamond:
pls write more... edho bachilornu sonninga... aana remba deep'aa irukku...

SoftSword
22nd June 2012, 03:40 PM
: paarraaa:

venki...

:shock: didn expect such a arrogant response from u to senthil... avar posta padichaa ungalukku thookkam varudhaa...?? :irony:

rajaramsgi
22nd June 2012, 04:09 PM
இது சரி.
From Senthil.com: Music predates language and can still be expressed and produce deep emotions without any lyrics. music can keep you in absolute attention just like in meditation.

இதுவும் சரியே:
From Venkiram: சில நேரங்களில் பாடல் வரிகள் முன்னெடுத்துச் செல்லும், சில நேரங்களில் இசைக்குறிப்புக்கள், சில நேரங்களில் இரண்டும் இணை கோடுகளாக.. ஒவ்வொன்றுக்கும் ஒரு எல்லைக் கோடு வரையறுக்கப்பட்டிருக்கிறது. அவ்வளவுதான்.
எனக்கு கண்ணதாசன் பாரம்பரியமும் வேண்டும். ராஜாவின் பாரம்பரியமும் வேண்டும்.

ராஜாராம்: என்னால் வெறும் கவிதை தொகுப்பை மட்டும் முழு நேரமும் படித்துகொண்டிருக்க முடியாது. அதே சமயம் எல்லா நேரமும் வெறும் இசையை மட்டுமே கேட்டுகொண்டிருக்கவும் கஷ்டம் தான். இரண்டும் இணையும் பொது தான் என்னை போன்ற வெகுஜனத்திற்கு இலகுவாக புரியும். ராஜா சார் 900 படங்களுக்கு இசை அமைத்திருந்தாலும் நான்கு பாடல் இல்லா தொகுப்பையும் (HTNI, NBW, India 24 hours, மாண்டலின் ஸ்ரீனிவாசுடன் இணைந்த இளையராஜா க்ளாசிக்ஸ் - வேறேதும் உண்டா என்று தெரியவில்லை) இரண்டு பாடல் இல்லா படங்களுக்கும் இசை அமைத்திருக்கிறார் (கடமை கண்ணியம் கட்டுப்பாடு, பேசும் படம் - வேறேதும் உண்டா?) அதே சமயம் ராஜா சாருக்கு எழுத்து பிடிக்கும், எழுத்தாளர்க்கு கிடைக்க வேண்டிய மரியாதையை செய்திருக்கிறார் என்பதற்கு நிறைய உதாரணங்கள் இருக்கின்றது. வைரமுத்துவை தான் பிடிக்கவில்லையே தவிர, அவருக்கு பிடித்த எழுத்தாளர்கள் திரை உலகில் இல்லாவிட்டாலும் அவர்களுடன் நெருங்கிய நட்பு வைத்திருக்கிறார்.

"ஒவ்வொன்றுக்கும் ஒரு எல்லைக் கோடு வரையறுக்கப்பட்டிருக்கிறது" - நன்றி வெங்கிராம் - நன்றாக சொல்லி இருக்கிறீர்கள்.

பாலா சார், வெங்கிராமின் எழுத்துக்களை உளறல் என்று சொன்னதை கண்டிக்கிறேன்.

San_K
22nd June 2012, 05:28 PM
@rajaramsgi

appo venkram senthil post thokkathai tharugirathu enratharku enna solreenga

San_K
22nd June 2012, 05:42 PM
@venkiram

I take what raja said is like "Tree is bigger than fruit" and certainly the statement is not an insult to fruit.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
22nd June 2012, 05:43 PM
Athu avar karuthunga! Gandhi Biography padichaa thookkam varuthunnu solra aatkaL unde. athupola. free yaa vitrunga! Actually by saying sleep inducing, he surely don't insult Senthilv.com! :lol:

app_engine
22nd June 2012, 05:45 PM
rajaramsgi,

Disclaimer - I have not listened to IR's speech in detail. Still, this topic is quite old (discussed a few months back inTF section about "mettukkuppAttA-pAttukku mettA" topic) and would like to type a few sentences.

I think it may help if you look at MADDY's post to avoid the confusion between the need for "some vocals" v/s "linguistic kavidhai" when it comes to "songs" for a pAmaran to enjoy. (The reference to poems in kAttukkaththal englees / Hindi / Assamese / Bengali / Spanish / mazhalaichchol etc)

Personally, though I'm a lover of poem, I can listen to Paul M / HTNI / Kenny G for days / weeks / months and don't need any other music :-)

I mean not like 'Alai illAtha oorukku' but total / 100% satisfaction / unmaththam / ecstacy levels!

Also, on occasions, I'll get a nerudal on even phenomenal compositions when there's an unpalatable word / small mispronunciation / sodhappal singing - giving such a sharp soththakkadalai irritation - that I yearn for a pure instrumental version to get full satisfaction.

So, there's no need for "lines / vocals" to enjoy music. Period.

On other occasions, it does enhance to have vocals, to get "human connection / social feeling" etc (SPB/KJY/SJ/PS/KSC/SG/IR/MJ preferred, even TMS/VJ/Udit/Alka/and the likes will do :wink:). It doesn't matter what lines / which language etc, still melody & music rules and the voices give that extra social feeling without regard to beauty in poem. The only condition is no "irritation" as mentioned above.

To me, the above groups - a. pure instrumentals b. some vocals with no specific stress on poem - constitute >90% of listening pleasure. (Re-stress : no iluppaippoo here, karumbuchchakkarai / beet root chakkarai / cheeni / thEn levels only)

I do appreciate the small balance % where good lines complement great music (or great lines complement "just-acceptable" isai).

Bonus, that's all :wink:

Once again, I'm a lover of poem (used to even write poems until I was a student in college) but don't confuse that with enjoying music at all.

thirukkuRaL, for e.g., needs no kuzhal / yAzh to relish :-)

San_K
22nd June 2012, 05:48 PM
rajaramsgi,

Disclaimer - I have not listened to IR's speech in detail. Still, this topic is quite old (discussed a few months back inTF section about "mettukkuppAttA-pAttukku mettA" topic) and would like to type a few sentences.

Ippo athukkum mele poyittar raaja :lol: he said music is greater than language (not just lyrics). And this is what the reason for Venkiram's anger

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
22nd June 2012, 05:52 PM
Can we open a new thread - Raja Character Analysys and Function Speech Analysis :lol:

rajaramsgi
22nd June 2012, 07:33 PM
Athu avar karuthunga! Gandhi Biography padichaa thookkam varuthunnu solra aatkaL unde. athupola. free yaa vitrunga! Actually by saying sleep inducing, he surely don't insult Senthilv.com! :lol:

I am one of them SKV. I thoroughly enjoyed Kannadasan's Vanavasam several times, but Gandhi's biography is still sitting in my book shelf for ages, I was not even able to pass through few pages :-) no offence to Gandhi.

Gregorysab
22nd June 2012, 07:35 PM
Can we open a new thread - Raja Character Analysys and Function Speech Analysis :lol:

hahaha!:-P

vem
22nd June 2012, 08:40 PM
Don't make this thread boring... No one is perfect.
Also, no long messages...

app_engine
22nd June 2012, 08:59 PM
Also, no long messages...

adhaichcholla neer yAru? :mad:

pidichchAppadinga, illAtti skip paNNunga.

This is not tweeter website!

jaiganes
22nd June 2012, 10:14 PM
@venki - manidhar unarndhu koLLa line is nice - but just imagine if that appaavi had said " engal kaadhalai indha puvi unarndhu kolla idhu manidhargaLin kaadhal alla - migavum punidhamaanadhu" - everybody would have said - "Oho - appdiyaa - sari nalaikku dhaan laddu ".
The same thing when a meesik direttor handles it - becomes concise and meesikal - isaiikku yaerppa izhaivadhu. illeenna jeyamohan.in blogla varra vasana kodumai kavidhai rangeukku aairum. mozhiyai azhagu paduththuvadhum - phonetics nnu ulla iyangura music dhaan.

Plum
22nd June 2012, 10:36 PM
venkki - sayam veLuthadhu. ivLO nAL Raja edhu sonNAlum "aiyo arrogant"-nu ppropoganda paNNikittirundhInga. adhaiyE unga ALai point paNNadhum evLo aangaaram pothukittu varudhu pArunga :lol:

Instead of copping out, can you answer specific questions
1) Raja agangari na DPearl sir? adakkathin soroobamA? Why is it that web and tamil mainstream media teems with people like you who try to a) either actively propogate that IR is ahangaari or b) avaru apdi thAn edhaiyAvadhu sollikitturuppAr avar isayia mattum rasichuttu pOgalAm sariyAna aanavakaarar

Why is it that there is no such posts against the obviously ahangaari Vairamuthu? I'll tell you why. Because Vmuthu along with his Ding gang of KB, GV etc and thisai maariya thozhan BR to actively engage in propoganda against IR. And VMuthu's fans like you fan this propoganda for years now.

Still, as I pointed out, IR has never stooped to your level and your idol's level. In 20 + yers, nor have I stooped to your level but today you made me to with your calculated propoganda.

This is the sad truth.

Just because VMuthu maintains good relationship with Kalaignar, Sueprstar, ulaganayagan etc and praises them unduly always - look at the huge praise he give sto Rajini's mindless maslas, why? just to keep good relationship; you'll never find that pOlithanam from Raja - and look at his MK *** kissing. Just because Raja doesnt do this , you guys take advantage and paint him black.

You must be ashamed of yourself and so must Vmuthu and co.

Coming to lyrics vs Music, I am glad to note Maddy's post. This was always the truth. Rahman or Raja - we are one. Vmuthu kuzhambiya kuttaiyil meen pidithu and Vmuthu fans like you used Rahman as kedayam to defame Raja. But inam inathOda sErum. Music fans inam is are music fans inam - that is why Music fan Maddy ended up supporting music vs afterall lyrics.

inimE ungaLukku Rahman kedayam kedaiyAdhu. Atleast, now veeranA nErukku nEr mOdhunga.

And answer this: Why is IR arrogant just because he has an opinion contrary to yours? idhai solla ungaLukku evLo arrogance irukkaNum? Think, brother, think.

Bala (Karthik)
22nd June 2012, 10:42 PM
பாலா சார், வெங்கிராமின் எழுத்துக்களை உளறல் என்று சொன்னதை கண்டிக்கிறேன்.
Rajaram Sir
Naan Venkiram posts-gala olaral nu sonnadha neenga kandichadha naan kandikkiren. Ippadi poitte irukkalaam

Do you want to answer the 2 questions posted to him on his behalf?

kiru
22nd June 2012, 11:17 PM
வெங்கி , கோபப்படாதீர்கள். உங்களின் தமிழ் இடுகைகளே எனக்கு உங்களிடம் பிடித்தவை. ஆனால், இங்குள்ள எல்லோரும் , தமிழ் பற்று அற்றவர்கள் , ராஜா , என்ன கொடுத்தாலும் , பேசினாலும் ரசிப்பவர்கள் என்று மிக சுலபமாக எடை போட்டுவிடாதீர்கள் . தமிழ் மொழியின் அழகை ரசிப்பவன் நான் மற்றும் பலர் இங்குண்டு . ராஜாவை கொஞ்சம் புரிந்து கொள்ளுங்கள் , அவர் போல் ஒரு துறையில் இவ்வளவு ஆழமாக சென்றவர்கள் சிலரே . .எந்நேரமும் சுரங்களுக்கு நடுவே வாழ்ந்து கொண்டிருப்பவர் . அது அவரின் கடவுள் ..சொல் ,பொரூள் ,கவிதைகளே அந்த கடவுளின் அவதாரமாகவே நினைக்கிறார் .. ஒரு ஆத்திகன் எந்த ஒரு அவதாரங்களையும் அவமதிக்க மாட்டான்.. அதனால் தான் அவரும் தமிழை நன்கு பயின்று கவிதை வடிக்கிறார் . பாடல்கள் எழுதிகிறார் .. கண்ணதாசன் வரிகளை போற்றுகிறார் .. திருவாசகத்தில் வரிகளை தேடி பிடித்து இசை சேர்கிறார் .. கமலஹாசன் சொல்லும் வரிகளைப் போல் .. பல பாடல்களுக்கு அடி எடுத்து கொடுத்திருக்கிறார் ..ஏன் பழசி ராஜாவிற்கு கூட மற்றவர்கள் பயந்த போதும் .. அந்த இஸ்லாமிய பாடல் வரிகளை எங்கு தாக்கம் அதிகமோ அந்த இடத்திற்கு மாற்றியிருக்கிறார் .. ஆகவே .. ராஜா மொழி , தமிழ் பற்று உள்ளவரே .. இசை அவர் கடவுள் .. அதை அவர் போற்றுவதை நாம் புரிந்து கொள்ளவேண்டும் .

(செந்திலின் இடுகையில் பல நல்ல கருத்துக்கள் உள்ளன. மொழி அறிவு பூர்வமானது இசை உணர்ச்சி பூர்வமானது ..மேலே உள்ளவை ரயில் பயணத்தில் எழுதியவை ..கொஞ்சம் வேலை செய்ய வேண்டும் இப்பொழுது :-) )

MumbaiRamki
23rd June 2012, 12:14 AM
In Neenga naan Raja Sir .. a singer told that the Nammavar song which has no instruments was originally composed by Raaja dor a function in singapore !

Devaraagam
23rd June 2012, 01:00 PM
வெங்கி , கோபப்படாதீர்கள். உங்களின் தமிழ் இடுகைகளே எனக்கு உங்களிடம் பிடித்தவை. ஆனால், இங்குள்ள எல்லோரும் , தமிழ் பற்று அற்றவர்கள் , ராஜா , என்ன கொடுத்தாலும் , பேசினாலும் ரசிப்பவர்கள் என்று மிக சுலபமாக எடை போட்டுவிடாதீர்கள் . தமிழ் மொழியின் அழகை ரசிப்பவன் நான் மற்றும் பலர் இங்குண்டு . ராஜாவை கொஞ்சம் புரிந்து கொள்ளுங்கள் , அவர் போல் ஒரு துறையில் இவ்வளவு ஆழமாக சென்றவர்கள் சிலரே . .எந்நேரமும் சுரங்களுக்கு நடுவே வாழ்ந்து கொண்டிருப்பவர் . அது அவரின் கடவுள் ..சொல் ,பொரூள் ,கவிதைகளே அந்த கடவுளின் அவதாரமாகவே நினைக்கிறார் .. ஒரு ஆத்திகன் எந்த ஒரு அவதாரங்களையும் அவமதிக்க மாட்டான்.. அதனால் தான் அவரும் தமிழை நன்கு பயின்று கவிதை வடிக்கிறார் . பாடல்கள் எழுதிகிறார் .. கண்ணதாசன் வரிகளை போற்றுகிறார் .. திருவாசகத்தில் வரிகளை தேடி பிடித்து இசை சேர்கிறார் .. கமலஹாசன் சொல்லும் வரிகளைப் போல் .. பல பாடல்களுக்கு அடி எடுத்து கொடுத்திருக்கிறார் ..ஏன் பழசி ராஜாவிற்கு கூட மற்றவர்கள் பயந்த போதும் .. அந்த இஸ்லாமிய பாடல் வரிகளை எங்கு தாக்கம் அதிகமோ அந்த இடத்திற்கு மாற்றியிருக்கிறார் .. ஆகவே .. ராஜா மொழி , தமிழ் பற்று உள்ளவரே .. இசை அவர் கடவுள் .. அதை அவர் போற்றுவதை நாம் புரிந்து கொள்ளவேண்டும் .

(செந்திலின் இடுகையில் பல நல்ல கருத்துக்கள் உள்ளன. மொழி அறிவு பூர்வமானது இசை உணர்ச்சி பூர்வமானது ..மேலே உள்ளவை ரயில் பயணத்தில் எழுதியவை ..கொஞ்சம் வேலை செய்ய வேண்டும் இப்பொழுது :-) )

Good one.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
24th June 2012, 03:48 AM
Positive things about Raja's Music, in today's Scenario:-

1. He is more popular now, surely, than mid 90s 2000s
2. Today, there are more Singing Competition shows in TV and naturally more Raja Songs. The toughness of those songs are realized today by younger generation. There are some dedicated shows for him, in Jaya/Kalaigner TV. Music Channels kinda cannot run without his music!
3. FM Radios have openly agreed that Raja is the Compulsory Filler of most of the Quality Airtime. After 9/10 PM every night, its almost One and Only Raja!
4. Internet - There is more discussion in forums, twitter, facebook etc
5. Excellent blogs which musically analyze Raja's work, written mostly by experts
6. Availability of Rare Raja Songs is much better, 1st thanks goes to youtube! Thiraipaadal.com shud be Next. Can we say almost ALL of his works are available??
7. Today, Awareness of the toughness in "Composing as a Profession" is much better even for laymen and thus, Raja's Greatness is very well understood.
8. Easy availability of Raja collectible CDs DVDs (illegal, though!) and also the Player costs are way less so we hear Raja songs(mostly 80s classics) more in Mofesul Bus, Rural Tea shops etc. Many Rural themed movies has his popular songs running in background.
9. For whatever reason, his birthday is much widely celebrated in media, in recent years, than before.
10. Shows like "Endrenrum Raja" Dubai/Italy shows, HTNI NBW Concerts keep Raja's works alive within wide spectrum including GenX GenY Audience. Jaya TV kku oru Thankful Salute :)

Most of the Popular older gen artists are completely retired much before. Aging artists like Kamal/Rajini are Completely "in" market and no way be considered Retired. Raja is kind of In between! The kind of Popularity, and in a way, even enmity :lol: by anti-raja camp, is somewhat high! His past work is ever popular and that's something which almost no older-gen artist's past work is like! Can we say Nobody's past work is as popular as his?! At same time, he is duly getting current offers too and they do what is expected to, (though we expect more :) ) and what's surprising is, few young-gen directors too go to Raja, and the Icing on Cake, is Gautam's NEPV

(Was thinking to write this for many days, kindly correct any mistake! )

Sureshs65
24th June 2012, 10:24 AM
Well written Sakala. The difference between actors and creators like Raja is that for actors some else uses his/her imagination and creates roles / dialogues etc. Whereas the music director or a novelist will have to keep creating new things all the while. But overall I agree with what you have written.

Madhanraj
24th June 2012, 11:21 AM
Well Said SKVVR. Good observation and nice write up....

thumburu
24th June 2012, 12:08 PM
Splendid post by Kiru on the phenomenally beautiful mind of IR and senthilv.com on painstakingly elaborating IR's views on music vis a vis lyrics. Even a classical keerthanai comprises of non lyrical components for more than 50 percent, starting from the Alaap and interspersed with kaarvai, chittaswarams, kalpanaswarams, thaniAvarthanams etc . When a subject matter expert like IR opines about his subject, I will give due weightage to that rather than some layman's superficial opinion with all his pride and prejudices intact.
I don't deny that in film music, lyeics from talented Vairamurhu or Thamarai not onlt set the context for the scene but enhNCE THE SONG TO A GREAT EXTENT. Having said that , "omahazeeya" of Tamilpadam is my most fav number from lasr year's pick esp with that velvet kuralone Hariharan.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
25th June 2012, 12:49 AM
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=396020720440881&set=a.295281470514807.68724.295220837187537&type=1&theater

Pencils inc. Krithika Ravishankar's photo.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s480x480/579390_396020720440881_1522561981_n.jpg

"THE MAESTRO"

Used:
-Bristol board (Smooth).
-2H,3B and 8b pencils for drawing.
-Charcoal powder, ear buds(Q-tips) and blending stumps for blending.
-White ink and mechanical pencil for detailing.

Duration - 1 week.

senthilv.com
25th June 2012, 02:01 AM
மேலேயுள்ள செந்தில் என்பவரின் பதிவு... படிக்கும்போதே தூக்கம் வரக் கூடிய ஒன்றாக இருக்கிறது.

I know how hard it is to make someone sleepy. Especially an intellectual adult in this current day and age. Thanks for the kind note but I seriously doubt that my words have the same impact as a lullaby. So I will have to refuse the compliment.

ok, jokes aside, you are asking an artist to confirm to a stand definition of song by a critic when an artist's sole preoccupation is to break that definition. An artist's creative soul is his unique point of view and approach. Take that away you will get a bad imitator.

Does it ever make you wonder, that may be, the quest for Raja to make music go deeper than words might be one of the factor in Raja doing stand out background music in films? His musical ability helps a film reach deeper level, where words cannot be used to convey the emotion in the scene. This is what sets him apart from others.

Anyway, Raja didn't say music is greater than lyrics. He just said music can go and impact psyche where lyrics may not be able to enter. That's probably why we say "Music is beyond language and culture" Raja himself has said a song should either convey a message or a feeling or go hand in hand. When the message is more important he puts focus on lyrics and pulls back elaborate music arrangements and keeps it simple (like Kanmani Anbodu song) When the feeling is more important he uses musical ideas to the maximum to make the audience feel that emotion (like Sundari Kannal Sethi) Even in elaborate arrangements he would pull back orchestration at some points to give power to the words and sometimes add music layers to make certain words stand out. (Like the simple flute piece right before the word kuyil to sweeten it's effect in Kuyil pattu song from Enn Raasavin Manasile)

மொழிகளே இல்லாமல் முழுக்க முழுக்க பின்னணி இசை அல்லது இசை ஆல்பங்கள் செய்யும் தொழிலில் ராஜா ஈடுபட்டிருந்தால் அவரின் இத்தகைய பேச்சை மதிக்க வேண்டியதுதான். ஆனால், கருப்பு வெள்ளை காலம் தொட்டு டிஜிட்டல் காலமான இன்று வரை உச்சப் பாடல்கள் எனப் பட்டியல் இடும் பலவற்றில் பாடல் வரிகள் சிறப்பாகவே அமைந்திருக்கிறது. அப்படிப்பட்ட ஒரு நிலையில் இதுபோன்ற ஒருசார்பான கருத்தை ஏற்றுக்கொள்ள இயலவில்லை. இது ஒரு வகையில் மூளைச்சலவை செய்யும் யுக்தி. எனக்கு கண்ணதாசன் பாரம்பரியமும் வேண்டும். ராஜாவின் பாரம்பரியமும் வேண்டும்.

I can't help but smile. Every film has only 20-25 mins of songs. The average background music(instrumental) in a film is at least 40 to 60 mins of music. And on top, he has done instrumental music albums like HTNI, NBW etc.. It invalidates your arguments.

Also, why would we need background music if everything can be conveyed by actions, dialogues and songs? Because words and music attack different faculty of our brain and psyche. They may be processed by same ears but experience wise they are as different as sight and sound. Lyrics in a film song can make us self-aware, if it is music alone, it slips right into our subconscious mind and our heart. If it is not an hindrance in films, every BGM would have been tuned with lyrics.

Raja sees music at a very abstract level. It is a skill and a talent. Chastising him for that would be really funny.

btw, I would agree Raja is in the business of brain-washing you and going straight to your heart with music. And I'm sticking with the bizzzz... of making you sleepy. Cheers.

Senthil.

SoftSword
25th June 2012, 03:37 AM
once again senthil :clap:

venkkiram
25th June 2012, 04:24 AM
செந்தில்.. மறுபடியும்! ஒன்னே ஒண்ணு சொல்லி முடிச்சிக்கிறேன். எனக்கு நல்ல வரிகள் அமைந்த பாடல்கள் மிகவும் பிடிக்கும். அதோடு நல்ல இசை அமைந்தால் கரும்பு தின்னக் கூலியா? கருப்பு வெள்ளை காலத்தில் கோலோச்சிய இசையமைப்பாளர்கள், ராஜா - ரஹ்மான் என்ற நீண்ட சங்கிலியில் சிறப்பான, காலத்தால் அழியாத எண்ணற்ற பாடல்களில் பெரும்பாலானவற்றில் பாடல் வரிகள்தான் (சிறப்பான மற்றும் எளிமையான) எனக்கு முதன்முதலாக தெரிகிறது. ஒவ்வொரு பாடல்களையும் ஒவ்வொரு தீவுகளாக வைத்துக்கொண்டால் அதன் வரிகள்தான் கலங்கரை விளக்கம். காட்சிகளுக்கு பக்கபலமாக தொடர்கிற பின்னணி இசை என்ற விஷயத்திற்கே நான் போகவில்லை. அதில் ராஜா எப்படிப்பட்டவர் என்பதில் நான் எந்தப் புரிதலில் இதுவரை இருக்கிறேனோ அதையேத்தான் உங்களது விளக்க உரையும் ஊர்ஜிதப்படுத்துகிறது.

venkkiram
25th June 2012, 05:22 AM
I can't help but smile. Every film has only 20-25 mins of songs. The average background music(instrumental) in a film is at least 40 to 60 mins of music. And on top, he has done instrumental music albums like HTNI, NBW etc.. It invalidates your arguments. இசைப்பாடல்கள் என ஒன்று நம் படங்களில் இல்லாமலில் இருந்திருந்தால் இந்த அளவு ஆழமாகவும் அகலமாகவும் ரசிகர்கள் நமது இசையமைப்பளர்களை சுற்றி வருவார்கள் என்பது சந்தேகமே. நீங்க சொல்ற பாடல்கள் மற்றும் காட்சிகளுக்கான பின்னணி இசை என்ற விகிதாச்சாரம் தெரிந்த விஷயம் தான். ஆனால் நாமெல்லாம் படங்களை தூக்கி சுமப்பதில்லையே எப்போதும்! ஒரு பாடல் ஒருவனை அவன் வாழ்நாளில் எவ்வளவு காலங்களுக்கு ஆட்கொண்டு வருகிறது என்பதை கணக்கிட்டால் நகைக்க மாட்டீர்கள் என நினைக்கிறேன். நான் தனிமரம் அல்ல. பெருந்தோப்பு! வனம்!

ajaybaskar
25th June 2012, 06:09 AM
Awesome posts,Senthil. Keep it up.. :)

V_S
25th June 2012, 06:41 AM
senthil,
AhA! arpudham. :notworthy: Ponnaana varigaL, porikkappada vEndum. This says everything; 'you are asking an artist to confirm to a stand definition of song by a critic when an artist's sole preoccupation is to break that definition.'.
The depth in your thoughts makes us understand Maestro's music much better. Your writing skill is amazing. :clap: Please keep writing.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
25th June 2012, 06:54 AM
Ithe maathiri pala arputhamaana posts irukkumnu www.senthilv.com adichi paathen. pchh nope! Anyway, keep writing! Better we open a new thread, becos we shud be able to locate gems like these easily! Guys whats ur opinion?!?

Appadiye, namma P_R, V_S ellaaraiyum ezhutha vechi Book aa publish pannidalaam :)

senthilv.com
25th June 2012, 07:08 AM
செந்தில்.. மறுபடியும்! ஒன்னே ஒண்ணு சொல்லி முடிச்சிக்கிறேன். எனக்கு நல்ல வரிகள் அமைந்த பாடல்கள் மிகவும் பிடிக்கும். அதோடு நல்ல இசை அமைந்தால் கரும்பு தின்னக் கூலியா? கருப்பு வெள்ளை காலத்தில் கோலோச்சிய இசையமைப்பாளர்கள், ராஜா - ரஹ்மான் என்ற நீண்ட சங்கிலியில் சிறப்பான, காலத்தால் அழியாத எண்ணற்ற பாடல்களில் பெரும்பாலானவற்றில் பாடல் வரிகள்தான் (சிறப்பான மற்றும் எளிமையான) எனக்கு முதன்முதலாக தெரிகிறது. ஒவ்வொரு பாடல்களையும் ஒவ்வொரு தீவுகளாக வைத்துக்கொண்டால் அதன் வரிகள்தான் கலங்கரை விளக்கம். காட்சிகளுக்கு பக்கபலமாக தொடர்கிற பின்னணி இசை என்ற விஷயத்திற்கே நான் போகவில்லை. அதில் ராஜா எப்படிப்பட்டவர் என்பதில் நான் எந்தப் புரிதலில் இதுவரை இருக்கிறேனோ அதையேத்தான் உங்களது விளக்க உரையும் ஊர்ஜிதப்படுத்துகிறது.

MSV, whom I respect very much holds similar views and notions as yours. I don't reject merits in your arguments but I find your words and characterization of Raja for having an opinion opposite to yours disappointing. Criticism is fine but by disparaging Raja you are losing merits in your arguments. If music masters like MSV and Raja can agree to disagree yet be friendly, why should it be difficult for us to follow the same?

இசைப்பாடல்கள் என ஒன்று நம் படங்களில் இல்லாமலில் இருந்திருந்தால் இந்த அளவு ஆழமாகவும் அகலமாகவும் ரசிகர்கள் நமது இசையமைப்பளர்களை சுற்றி வருவார்கள் என்பது சந்தேகமே. நீங்க சொல்ற பாடல்கள் மற்றும் காட்சிகளுக்கான பின்னணி இசை என்ற விகிதாச்சாரம் தெரிந்த விஷயம் தான். ஆனால் நாமெல்லாம் படங்களை தூக்கி சுமப்பதில்லையே எப்போதும்! ஒரு பாடல் ஒருவனை அவன் வாழ்நாளில் எவ்வளவு காலங்களுக்கு ஆட்கொண்டு வருகிறது என்பதை கணக்கிட்டால் நகைக்க மாட்டீர்கள் என நினைக்கிறேன். நான் தனிமரம் அல்ல. பெருந்தோப்பு! வனம்! .

India is only place where we use songs in film. Most of famous musicians in rest of world are not connected to films. And instrumental film musicians like John Williams, Nina Rota, Hans Zimmer, Toru Takemitsu (just to name a few) have a great fan following. Raja has made even layman in TN comment and enjoy "re-recording" of a film.

Ha ha! Now we are moving into debating which creates bigger impact film or music. Not getting in to that argument. I'm a filmmaker myself so I will be biased for sure. I will just say this without getting into deep discussion -- Anna, Kalaignar, MGR, JJ, Rajni, Vijaykanth, Ronald Reagan, Arnold. All came from cinema, some with songs playing a part and others not much. They have changed the world around us.

senthilv.com
25th June 2012, 11:02 AM
Thanks V_S, Ajay & Vallavar. Very nice of you guys. I used to have a website not anymore. I can't change my username so stuck with it. :( It is indeed a nice idea to publish an e-book from all the posts in the forum. I learned a lot from this forum in the last ten years. So I'm sure it will be useful to do a compilation.

kiru
25th June 2012, 11:14 AM
I dont think even IR would dispute that words make a difference in the song. Except that, he wants to go first - tune first - so that he has control over the sandham. But there are directors like Hariharan who take matters in to their hands and decide who should go first - for aadhi ushas ONV gets to go first ..for the kunnathE IR can bring out the romantic effect in music first. The director wants some story telling to continue in the lyrics without handicapped by the music director's sandham.
Music is an important part of our heritage - iyal, isai, naadagam. But our ancestors provided a way to look at the words from a sound perspective ..so that it can be set to music easily. (Maybe IR is more successful in the languages of one family - south indian , for this reason). There are examples of tamil literature where the raagam to be sung for that poem is specified/suggested (the thalam is dictated by the sandham/metre). I think traditionally, there was no distinction between musicians and poets (paanars).
In Europe, they took music to different heights using it in orchestral mode and in order to add or capture the grandeur of events (like the crowning of king).
Once they understood, the effect of multiple strands of music, they were able to capture much more complexity and convey more in their music (in one movie, IR uses counterpoints in the background score for a fight while a woman is being violated at the same). Later european music took a more mathematical approach and people were able to enjoy it even without lyrics as it was able to create a very nice mental imagery.
The orchestra was introduced to indian film music mainly for this reason. The european film makers in India suggested to indian musicians that a monophonic indian music will be insufficient for the visual of a big screen. Thus was born the genre of "indian film music". (That modern mixing and sound technology can work with single instrument sounds is a different story).
Well .. long story ..short ..music can take the lyrics to the common man or music needs the lyrics to reach the common man. But as I explained earlier, for the initiated in music, words are not needed. These people can enjoy music by itself (an alaap or a movement) or the literature by itself (kamba ramayanam).
That someone like IR would exalt music is not an attempt to put down literature it is just the perspective of an expert in one area.
(senthilv, I guess you wrote that awesome commentary on that ennuLLE song.. Folks.. you gotta read it to understand the directors perspective on music)

rajdes
25th June 2012, 11:30 AM
Senthilv - awesome post. Ippovum if people pretend that they don't get it, no choice but to smile at them. Idhula what makes it happy is fans of music (from supposedly opp camp) like Maddy and Ajay have appreciated and bolstered our point. In my view, it was always thus. Ooru rendu pattaa koothaadikku kondaattamgara maadhiri, irandu musical kalaignargaL idaiyE kOL mootti, sila kaviganrgal and iyakkunargal with vested interest were kuLir kaanjufying. MSV kaalathula there was a lyrical talent equal to him. AdhukkappuRam, kavingargal in mvovies have depended on Music Director only. After IR abandoned him, Vairamuthu was a nobody until Rahman patronised him. VM even sort of fought with Rahman. But Rahman being a diplomat, didn't let that become a big issue. Maybe in future an extra ordinary lyrical talent might emerge which restores lyric writer to eminence over musician but. After Kannadasan who achieved parity with the MD, we haven't had a talent of that order. Even outside this point, music reaches where words cannot. Idhu opinion kooda illai. Fact. No right minded person can deny this.

Nerd
25th June 2012, 06:22 PM
"Plum"-a ban pannittaangaLaa?

SoftSword
25th June 2012, 06:27 PM
same doubt...

V_S
25th June 2012, 07:55 PM
Yes, I see that status in his posts. Is it really true? Any issues?. If so, it is very sad and unfortunate.:sad:

Kimrep
25th June 2012, 08:40 PM
from 7:45 in this interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgkC-mG47G8&feature=relmfu

Kimrep
25th June 2012, 09:20 PM
again at 5:30 here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHCnN746Mbg&feature=relmfu

San_K
25th June 2012, 11:10 PM
oh! how the hub will be without plum :sad:

jaiganes
26th June 2012, 12:09 AM
what happnd? someone clarify pls? Kya hua plum bhai ko?

Nerd
26th June 2012, 01:16 AM
oh! how the hub will be without plum :sad:

Adhu dhaan rajdes vanntaarulla, he ll fill the void :-) dontorry behappy.

krish244
26th June 2012, 07:35 AM
Digression :)

A band called Staccato will perform songs from ARR & IR during the olympic games. It is not part of the olympic opening ceremony, but they say it is playing in the park. Not sure what it means.

"...Their music blends influences like jazz, Hindustani classical, and Carnatic. It also includes remixed numbers of Ilayaraja and AR Rahman. "We usually play their songs by adding our flavour to it, so that is what we plan to play at London too," says Aishvarrya Suresh C, another vocalist.

The band has been allotted two slots of 80 minutes each. Although they are not part of the high-profile opening or closing ceremonies, they are thrilled about playing to an international audience at the Park — where performances have been scheduled all through the Olympic fortnight..."

End digression :)

thanks,

Krishnan

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
26th June 2012, 07:39 AM
Adhu dhaan rajdes vanntaarulla, he ll fill the void :-) dontorry behappy.

issit?!? sari, enga aaLai kaaNom! :lol:

irir123
26th June 2012, 10:25 PM
oru doubtu - did IR have a 'tiff' with AVM production house (AS WELL!) after Sethupathi IPS ??

app_engine
27th June 2012, 02:17 AM
oru doubtu - did IR have a 'tiff' with AVM production house (AS WELL!) after Sethupathi IPS ??

eppO 'tiff' nadandhadhu theriyAdhu.

but definitely nadandhadhu :lol2:

(konja nALaikku adhanAl Chandrabose kAttil mazhai. When RVU was signed up for ejamAn, Rajini was reportedly apprehensive whether AVM will accept IR, pointing to the ladAi between them. However, RVU managed to get IR back to do another AVM film ; I believe the rights of IR's first sympony (yes the RPO one) is with AVM and they won't release it)

irir123
27th June 2012, 02:41 AM
oho ! AVM ladai pottukkittey, ivaru yaen symphony rightsa avanga kitta kodutthaaru ?? illa, andha rights naalathaan sandai arambichhudhaa ?

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
27th June 2012, 06:14 AM
I believe the rights of IR's first sympony (yes the RPO one) is with AVM and they won't release it)
WHat? :shock: btw, ethukku vikka maattaanga. AFAIK, Raja was upset with some RPO guy commenting that its not symphonic at all, etc.... Vikatan wrote too much in expressive interest, to bring it to public. Ippellaam release aachunnaa, kattaayam superhit aagum

Bringing back another Kamal arguement :rotfl: Even kamal didn't release Marudhanaayagam becos he didn't finish it at 1st place. But nammaaLu fullaa record pannittu, release pannaama adam pidikkuraaru :(

Gregorysab
27th June 2012, 10:12 AM
; I believe the rights of IR's first sympony (yes the RPO one) is with AVM and they won't release it)

WHAT!!! This is news to me!!! Does Raaja, as an artist/creator, does not have any right over his own creation?

And if the AVM guys really have the rights, Why are they heartless!!! :-(

Devaraagam
27th June 2012, 12:47 PM
As per my understanding, there were Tiff with AVM and because of that AVM nominated chandrabose for all their movies since all their movies had powerful casts, songs were hit commercially, then later (around 1990/1991)they hooked with Raja and provided the recording studio to Raja then used to release all his movies CDs and cassettes under the label of AVM Audios for some time (exactly the period where Raja had tiff with echo and started his own cassette with support of Gangai Amaran "Raja cassets" were running few months) then do not know what happened Raja moved to prasad studio after he back from symphony and completed sethupathi IPS and started giving rights to whoever grabbed it from producer (this is the point we got impacted as a fan of Raja due to non availability of quality CDs and non availability of albums etc..)

I remember mogamull was the last films released by AVM audios.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
27th June 2012, 01:12 PM
Devaragam, that is OK, but i don't see a Symphony connection! that too with AVM!

Devaraagam
27th June 2012, 01:15 PM
Devaragam, that is OK, but i don't see a Symphony connection! that too with AVM!
I believe the final separation happened after IR comes back from symphony and by seeing our people views and post, i feel connection there on the final separation. I have mentioned the events but do not know the reason for those events :-)

Bala (Karthik)
27th June 2012, 01:18 PM
Why was Plum banned? Did any "deleted" discussion happen here? There is nothing ban-level in the last few pages

Punnaimaran
27th June 2012, 01:34 PM
Plum banned ???? I do not believe that he deserves it. What was the reason for the ban on him ?? I do not see anything offensive enough to justify a ban !!!:shock:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
27th June 2012, 01:48 PM
Can we do a சிறை நிறப்பு போராட்டம் in hub, condemning the ban of Plum?! Open a Thread named "Jail" in Misc. Thread and everybody go and post ONLY from there!

P_R
27th June 2012, 02:03 PM
Guys, don't discuss moderation here.
PM me if you have a qn.

Let's get on with the discussions.

Bala (Karthik)
27th June 2012, 02:14 PM
Guys, don't discuss moderation here.
PM me if you have a qn.

Let's get on with the discussions.
Shammikkanum. Sending PM....

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
27th June 2012, 02:22 PM
இளையராஜாவைக் கேளுங்கள் !

இசைஞானி இளையராஜா குமுதம் வாசகர்கள் கேட்கும் கேள்விகளுக்குப் பதில் சொல்ல ஆவலாக இருக்கிறார். இசை, பக்தி, சினிமா, தன்னம்பிக்கை என்று எதைப் பற்றி வேண்டுமானாலும் கேட்கலாம் !

ஒரு ரகசியம். சிறந்த கேள்விகளைக் கேட்கும் வாசகர்களைச் சந்திக்கவும் சம்மதித்திருக்கிறார் இசைராஜா.

அஞ்சல் அட்டையில் மட்டுமே கேள்விகளை அனுப்ப வேண்டும்.

அனுப்ப வேண்டிய முகவரி

இளையராஜாவைக் கேளுங்கள்!
தபால் பெட்டி எண்: 2592
சென்னை - 600 031

rajaramsgi
27th June 2012, 04:53 PM
இளையராஜாவைக் கேளுங்கள் !
அஞ்சல் அட்டையில் மட்டுமே கேள்விகளை அனுப்ப வேண்டும்.

அது என்னங்க அஞ்சல் அட்டையில் மட்டும்? ஏன் இவ்வளவு ரூல்ஸ்? அப்படி என்றால் தூரமாக இருப்பவர்கள் எல்லாம் ராஜா சாரிடம் கேள்வி கேட்க முடியாதா?

எவ்வளவு சிறப்பாக எதை செய்தாலும் கடைசியில் ஒரு இக் வைத்து விடுகிறார்கள்.

Nerd
27th June 2012, 05:26 PM
Shammikkanum. Sending PM....
Plis to forward the response PM

KV
27th June 2012, 05:45 PM
CC threadla RTI application file panni vechchirkkEn. idha open-a pesaradhula enna prachchana'nu enakku innum muzhusa puriyala. edhukkum nEkkum pm pannungo.

SoftSword
27th June 2012, 05:59 PM
CC threadla RTI application file panni vechchirkkEn. idha open-a pesaradhula enna prachchana'nu enakku innum muzhusa puriyala. edhukkum nEkkum pm pannungo.

opena pesuradhula enna prachinainu neenga ban aanadhum naanga purinjukkuvom...
touchla irundheenganaa solrom... :)

KV
27th June 2012, 06:06 PM
challenging moderation, seeking information on moderation - different different, no?

rajaramsgi
27th June 2012, 06:06 PM
How do you know if plum got banned? are we guessing because he is not here for a while? Also, this is the most open forum you can find to discuss about TFM compared to many sites. I don't see an established person like plum will ever get banned, there won't be any reason since we all know of how sharp and honest he is, in his views and writings.

SoftSword
27th June 2012, 06:09 PM
u can know if u look at his profile info in the left hand side in any of his posts... the playce which shows the hubber status...

KV
27th June 2012, 06:15 PM
saar, naanga enna veththala la mie thadavi paatha sollrom!?
avarOda id kitta andha label irunchu'nga.
aana... ippo kaanom!
irunchu, aana illa.
paathom, aana kaanom.
iyyayo.. nammala sj surya rangeku polamba vechchutaangale!

SoftSword
27th June 2012, 06:18 PM
is reactivated i guess... thaarathappattai ready pannikittu irukkaarnu nenakkiren..

rajaramsgi
27th June 2012, 06:29 PM
இருந்துருக்கும்.. ஆனா நான் பார்க்கும் போது இல்ல. plum வருவார், வந்துட்டே இருக்கார். வெயிட் பண்ணுங்கோ :-)

SoftSword
27th June 2012, 06:29 PM
varuvaar.. aana panneerselvamaa varuvaara'nu dhaan doubtu..

rajaramsgi
27th June 2012, 06:51 PM
varuvaar.. aana panneerselvamaa varuvaara'nu dhaan doubtu..

ஏன் வர மாட்டார்? நீங்க சத்திரியன் திலகனா இருந்து, அதே வாயிஸ்ல கூப்பிட்டு பாருங்க.

"நீ பழைய பன்னீர்செல்வமா வரணும்"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emel8Sr5RAM

Nerd
27th June 2012, 06:51 PM
Tea innum varalai.. Plum neengaLE PM pannirunga plis. We ought to know what happend

kameshratnam
27th June 2012, 08:01 PM
I had a chance to speak to sony music and they said they have still not signed the agreement. After signing the agreement they said we can meet and talk about pre order and other promotions for the movie - Nee dane en ponvasantham

app_engine
27th June 2012, 08:30 PM
kameshratnam,
Quite an interesting insider info from Sony (of "not signed yet")!

So, were all those press-releases about "more than VTV" etc deliberate fake news?

One wondered what was the thing behind the scenes, that prompted to include some unnecessary comparison with VTV in a press release, with obvious intent to irritate HCARF's?

I found that part quite odd, considering the fact that Gautam is currently working with ARR for his yOhan movie (and Sony possibly looking forward to work with ARR in future for many projects) :roll:

irir123
27th June 2012, 08:31 PM
I had a chance to speak to sony music and they said they have still not signed the agreement. After signing the agreement they said we can meet and talk about pre order and other promotions for the movie - Nee dane en ponvasantham

ada pongappaa! oru agreement sign pandradhukku ivvalavu izhuthhadippaa ?? why such things happen to IR albums specifically ??? idhukkum naal, thedhi, natchathiram ellaam paakkuraangalaa ?? illa royalty rights level confusion nadakkudhaa ?

kameshratnam
27th June 2012, 09:44 PM
kameshratnam,

So, were all those press-releases about "more than VTV" etc deliberate fake news?

One wondered what was the thing behind the scenes, that prompted to include some unnecessary comparison with VTV in a press release, with obvious intent to irritate HCARF's?

I found that part quite odd, considering the fact that Gautam is currently working with ARR for his yOhan movie (and Sony possibly looking forward to work with ARR in future for many projects) :roll:

My association is with SoNY MUSIC India started with the movie dhoni and they cleared explained how prakashraj screwed up the release. Their sale in dhoni was not that great but till date they praise IR because BABA PUGAZH MALAI has sold very very well for them.

The teasers and all the other stuff were original and i seriously dont know why GVM is delaying it.

Here is the email from SONY

(start)
We haven’t signed the agreement yet, will confirm soon.

Will plan a meeting once it is signed and will discuss on the promotions and pre orders..
(end)

jaiganes
27th June 2012, 10:07 PM
kameshratnam,

AR is sony's brand ambassadoor for god sake - this comparison thingy is not a good move at all no matter which angle you look from.

Gregorysab
27th June 2012, 10:34 PM
It cant be fake news. See the website for GVM's production house: http://photonkathaas.com/

Also, I dont know if media 'intentionally' writes stuff to irritate fans of any particular composer! I mean, i thought it was indeed news that an album is being hugely anticipated and hence fetched huge price - whoever the composer may be. I might be wrong too, but just sharing my thoughts.

Anyway, if nobody noticed.. ARR is in the board of directors for this company, which is producing NEPV! Interesting! :-)

San_K
27th June 2012, 10:39 PM
I think the sony guys told to kamesh that deal to be signed but it seems everything else are completed, even they might have given some advance

<dig

Wov, Thanga meengal audio on July. after all an album from Yuvan to cherrish. expecting from katradhu tamil team

/>

SoftSword
27th June 2012, 10:40 PM
sanjeevi... andha site vechu edhuvum solla mudiyadhu..
upcoming releases section paarunga..

San_K
27th June 2012, 10:45 PM
:lol: expect that everything else seems updated

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
28th June 2012, 12:04 AM
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/i27o2b

factu factu factu!

baroque
28th June 2012, 02:52 AM
AR is sony's brand ambassadoor for god sake - this comparison thingy is not a good move at all no matter which angle you look from.

A.R.Rahman is not a peevish fellow!
avarale problem varadhu.

vinatha.

baroque
28th June 2012, 03:07 AM
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/i27o2b

factu factu factu!

nice to read.

I think Rahman's MEGA MUSICAL THIRUDA THIRUDA is a flop movie, remember.
Rahman has done some amazing albums for flop movies like kangalal kaidhu sei,kadhal vairus , Thakshak etc..

hit movie or flop movie, hit song, flop song etc.. doesn't affect us music lovers.:musicsmile:

SoftSword
28th June 2012, 03:13 AM
sakala...
Raja'voda perumaya Rahman'a example'ku konduvaraamayae nallaa sollalaamae...
ipdi edhayaachum 'just like that' post pannidunga... apram matthavanga adichukkattum...

app_engine
28th June 2012, 03:13 AM
Link posted by a commenter in that 'I call it Raja genre' blog post :
http://www.idlebrain.com/celeb/realstars/ilayaraja.html

10 part article...will read some day when I have a lot of time :-)

baroque
28th June 2012, 03:28 AM
you may be interested in this article.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-articles/movies-04/ar-rahman-1.html
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-articles/movies-04/ar-rahman-2.html
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-articles/movies-04/ar-rahman-3.html

Rahman has done some pretty amazing works for flop movies too.

check this article.

they are advising him to be careful.

The thing is Flop or hit movie, Rahman's albums reach us.:musicsmile:

Even in 2010, I couldn't find NANDHALALA music album in prominent Sankara Hall or Landmark... andha fatedhan enakku puriyalai about IR's albums!

baroque
28th June 2012, 03:32 AM
Link posted by a commenter in that 'I call it Raja genre' blog post :
http://www.idlebrain.com/celeb/realstars/ilayaraja.html

10 part article...will read some day when I have a lot of time :-)

IR's thread... didn't want this post kanama poyi....:) thanks, app_eng

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
28th June 2012, 06:14 AM
sakala...
Raja'voda perumaya Rahman'a example'ku konduvaraamayae nallaa sollalaamae...
ipdi edhayaachum 'just like that' post pannidunga... apram matthavanga adichukkattum...

erkanave myname damaged! but ini naan avoid panren

jaiganes
28th June 2012, 10:35 AM
A.R.Rahman is not a peevish fellow!
avarale problem varadhu.

vinatha.
oho - ippo ARRkku certificateaa? i donno what made you think i had posted that ARR would be peeved -
All i was saying is Sony being an chief endorser of AR - wouldnt appreciate such news leaks .
I dont know what ARR or IR might think on various things - for i know neither of them personally or havent been a
fly in their home walls.
yaaraachum indha 24 hour character study panradha niruththa sollungappa. pls.
all I prayed was for a little "diplomacy diplaayuhu" from GVM camp when releasing such inflammatory news leaks with no signed agreement paper.

Gregorysab
28th June 2012, 11:11 AM
I think there will be no audio release of NEPV on July 1. Also, given the hype it has generated, I think GVM might be planning an audio release function! *might be*! i dont know! but if a small film like Dhoni had an extravagant audio release, NEPV with all the hype also should be having one right!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
28th June 2012, 11:49 AM
I think there will be no audio release of NEPV on July 1. Also, given the hype it has generated, I think GVM might be planning an audio release function! *might be*! i dont know! but if a small film like Dhoni had an extravagant audio release, NEPV with all the hype also should be having one right!

இன்னொரு மேடை :shaking: இன்னொரு ஏற்புரை :shaking:

P_R
28th June 2012, 11:51 AM
Rahman has done some amazing albums for flop movies like kangalal kaidhu sei,kadhal vairus , Thakshak etc..

Exactly. And it is not even a later trend.

Raja was prolific and he was churning out a lot, so he couldn't be bothered differentiating. uchchanthalai uchchiyila etc.

Rahman's output was normal (not low- mind you - just normal; seems low because Raja is monstrous) and so there is this image of selectivity.
btw we must resist this notion that being selective is somehow a bad thing!

Anyway, if even that notion is not fully backed by facts, he has done many crappy films even in his early days - manidhA manidhA, anyone.
vaNdichOlai sinraasu - idhu enna super padamA?

I had a casette with vaNdichOlai sinraasu on one side and Duet on the other. Nothing could contrast the 'range differential' of two films more than that.

And god knows how many good songs have been ruined in sorry films by his blindspots like Praveenkanth or for that matter even kadhir, baradhiraja and sj surya (kunaal vs. ramarajan - wouldn't we pick Ramarajan any day??)

And in Hindi he has served many many dabbA films. MADDY can elaborate on this. enakku hindi nahin maloom.

When you see this in the context of his overall output, all this is unacceptable wastage, isn't it?

Oh the irony of having to defend Rahman by saying he has done bad films :lol:

Gregorysab
28th June 2012, 12:06 PM
இன்னொரு மேடை :shaking: இன்னொரு ஏற்புரை :shaking:

I did not understand! Tamil theriyaadhu!

P_R
28th June 2012, 12:09 PM
I did not understand! Tamil theriyaadhu!

another stage...another acceptance speech :shaking:

Gregorysab
28th June 2012, 12:16 PM
hahahaha! :-) look at positive things guys! why bother about things that we cant relate to!!! The positive thing could be that there could be a 'music performance', like in Dhoni. Infact, GVM had VTV music release in UK where the singers performed. So if he does the same for this album too (in India, not in London), then fans in Chennai can have a treat! :-)

KV
28th June 2012, 01:39 PM
I’m not aware of what triggered the ‘ARR also has done good music for dud films’ debate (haven’t checked the external links yet).
No one denies this I think. However, if one were to consider the topic of debate as ‘IR’s quantity and quality of music in dud films to that of ARR’s’ (which is yet another futile exercise that is likely to reach anywhere useful) and try to think rationally through it, Senthil’s quote could probably help in summing it up for us – “naan elaavadhu passu’ne, aana neenga paththavadhu fail’ne” (I’m 7th standard ‘pass’ but you’re 10th standard ‘fail’; hence I’m superior).
More often that not, both these guys have gone beyond the standard of the films they're operating within, and that’s been one of the highlights of their respective careers; just that the QUANTITY of IR’s output in this regard is almost beyond comparison with ARR’s handful of movies. And that’s a bloody fact, not just an opinion. And this is no 'victory to IR in this bout' either. Now, again, can we move on, please?

kameshratnam
28th June 2012, 01:45 PM
Some clarifications from my end:

1. Sony was the one to produce thiruvasagam first and when all things were put in place we know why sony was not called in but it was given to welgate.

2. Sony Still believes baba pugazh malai has done wonders for them in terms of sale.

3. They are not supporters of A R Rahman and their sales manager in the south just wants to make it big with the sales of IR albums since he personally is a fan of IR. I met him with dhinakar Rajaram and we should him all the websites of raaja groups.

I am not a supporter of sony audio nor i promote and i want sony to do it because of the quality of the cds and sound.

Some one spoke about a r rahman and his flop movies: His flop movies are: Thiruda thiruda, may madam, anthimandarai, pavithra, puthiya mugam, vandicholai chinnarasu, kannathil muttam ittal, love birds, mr romeo, guru tamil, parasuram, pudiya mannargal, baba, kadalar dhinam, kadal desam, jodi, jillunu oru kadal, iruvar, indira,duet, kadal virus,kangalal kaidu sei,uyire, uzhavan: So what does this message convey???

P_R
28th June 2012, 01:58 PM
I’m not aware of what triggered the ‘ARR also has done good music for dud films’ debate (haven’t checked the external links yet).

No one denies this I think. However, if one were to consider the topic of debate as ‘IR’s quantity and quality of music in dud films to that of ARR’s’ (which is yet another futile exercise that is likely to reach anywhere useful) and try to think rationally through it, Senthil’s quote could probably help in summing it up for us – “naan elaavadhu passu’ne, aana neenga paththavadhu fail’ne” (I’m 7th standard ‘pass’ but you’re 10th standard ‘fail’; hence I’m superior).

More often that not, both these guys have gone beyond the standard of the films they're operating within, and that’s been one of the highlights of their respective careers; just that the QUANTITY of IR’s output in this regard is almost beyond comparison with ARR’s handful of movies. And that’s a bloody fact, not just an opinion. And this is no 'victory to IR in this bout' either. Now, again, can we move on, please?

adhai thaanE naanum sonnEn. If you read my post I have indeed talked about the monstrous volume differential.

I brought this in response to the twitlonger Sakala posted here.

I merely want to resist the claim that Rahman cherry-picked, rejected bad films and so most of what he did was 'sindhaamal sidharamaal' received well by the public. Rahman too lost plenty of good songs to bad films/filmmakers and the fact that Rahman does so few films in the first place, makes the loss quite acute. Thassal.

Now, we can move on. :-)

Sureshs65
28th June 2012, 02:24 PM
P_R,

We can ofcourse move on. One small point though. We are talking about two things here. One, a movie which was bad, which is a post facto one and another aspect is the reputation of the crew before the movie is even made. The movies quoted like 'kangalal kaidhu sei', 'tajmahal', 'kadhal viru' were post facto bad but had reputed directors and production houses involved before the movie was made. Bharathiraja, Kathir (I hate that guy but he had a reputation before 'Kadhal Virus'), Rama Naidu production house for 'Super Police' etc. If you look at it that way, you can see that Rahman was 'choosy' about the crew / production house. The number of movies he did where the director was totally unknown and the production house was an upma one will be very less. Even if you take it in percentage terms and not in absolute terms, the % of such movies he would have done would be far less compared to Raja. It would be similar in Hindi, maybe even less.

What does that say? Nothing :lol: Just a fact. I don't believe that has anything to do with the music generated. So no need to pluck further nails :)

P_R
28th June 2012, 02:40 PM
Yeah, good point. Taken.
I found the thrust of the point was to talk about the choosiness enabled Rahman to make all songs reach. I found that an oversimplification. adhukkAga sonnEn.
Perhaps we should take it back to twitter as the one who made the original argument isn't here. I have nothing more to say though.

Kathir (I hate that guy but he had a reputation before 'Kadhal Virus') :lol:
unga feelings puriyudhu.
கவிதை எழுதும், நகரத்து மாணவர்களின் கிண்டலுக்கு ஆளாகும், அதிர்ந்து பேசாத கிராமத்து இளைஞன் காதலைச் சொல்ல தவிக்கிறான்.

PKS Kamal to Abbas: வுட்றா....அதான் சொல்ட்டியே!

ajaybaskar
28th June 2012, 02:44 PM
Rahman being choosy is one thing. But how many producers would be able to afford ARR should also be considered, right? He has never avoided new directors. Krishna,Kalaprabhu,Antony D'Souza are the recent examples. But those films were backed by big producers. He has also worked with small producers like Anbalaya Prabhakaran in his early days.

SoftSword
28th June 2012, 03:06 PM
main reason is, he takes more time for each of his movie, and when he spends like 3 months on a movie, he wants to make sure it is worth that time and he wants to make sure that he does not disappoint his audience working on a stupid project - which is the reason for him being choosy...

Gregorysab
28th June 2012, 03:11 PM
To end the digressions, let me ask something that none of us here have bothered about since quite long time!

Keeping NEPV aside, Whats the next Raaja release in tamil?

In telugu, its Gundello Godari (releasing in tamil too).
In Malayalam, what next and when?
In Hindi, what next and when?

ajaybaskar
28th June 2012, 03:26 PM
SuKa project is one I know..

SoftSword
28th June 2012, 03:27 PM
paditthurai?? thats dropped no?

KlamRoyA
28th June 2012, 03:32 PM
Baba Sathya Sai

equanimus
28th June 2012, 03:58 PM
Just posted my response on twitlonger (http://www.twitlonger.com/show/i2h2e8):
படித்தேன். 'Worth'-ஐ கணக்கில் கொள்ளாமல் போடுவது ராஜா எப்போதும் செய்தது தானே. Here, I'm with @rozavasanth. Raaja didn't mind this precisely because he had so much to offer! இந்த இராட்சச prolificness-ஐத் தவிர்த்து ராஜாவை அணுகவே இயலாது. Bill Gatesஐப் பற்றி ஒரு anecdote கேள்விபட்டிருக்கிறேன். (இதை முன்பே ராஜாவை முன்வைத்து சொல்லியிருக்கிறேன், repeat என்றால் மன்னிக்கவும்.) அவர் கீழே விழுந்த ஒரு 100 டாலர் நோட்டை எடுக்கும் நேரத்துக்குள் இன்னொரு நூறு டாலர் சம்பாதிக்கும் scheduleஇல் இருப்பாராம். பணம், business என்று கொச்சையான அம்சங்களைத் தவிர்த்துப் பார்த்தால், இது போன்று தான் ராஜாவின் தன்னிலை இருந்திருக்க வேண்டும்.

அது தவிர, ராஜாவின் சில வணிகரீதியான 'போதாமைகளை' ரஹ்மானின் ஏற்றத்திற்குக் காரணங்களாய் முன்வைப்பதில் பிரச்சனை இருக்கிறதென நினைக்கிறேன். ரஹ்மானுடைய வரவு தமிழ் சினிமா இசையில் ஒரு புது ஒலியைக் கொண்டுவந்தது, அவர் இசை, pop இசையை, அதன் ஒலிகளை, techniqueகளை, நுட்பங்களை முன்பில்லாத அளவில் நேரடியாக embrace செய்தது, ஒரு புது trendஐ உருவாக்கியது. இதுவே அவர் ஏற்றத்திற்கு (consequently, ராஜாவின் வணிகரீதியான சறுக்கலுக்கும்) முக்கியமான காரணம் என நினைக்கிறேன்.

Devaraagam
28th June 2012, 04:24 PM
To end the digressions, let me ask something that none of us here have bothered about since quite long time!

Keeping NEPV aside, Whats the next Raaja release in tamil?

In telugu, its Gundello Godari (releasing in tamil too).
In Malayalam, what next and when?
In Hindi, what next and when?
Aakash, every year we will have one mal. movie from satyan. this year also there, I heard that satyan had started the movie as usual without name.

Sureshs65
28th June 2012, 04:30 PM
equa,

I fully agree with you. Raja had a lot and lot to give and it would not have been worth it keeping it inside him waiting for the 'right' project to come along. I mean, look at that man, after having dispensed so much during those times, he still has so much more to give!!! Honestly, I haven't seen a single music director of this level in Indian Film Music. They have been people who have given quantity (questionable quality though), like LP in Hindi and Chakravarthy in Telugu, and there have been people who have given quality. But to do both and for consistently so long requires someone who is blessed.

Secondly, I fully agree that Rahman's success definitely had more to do with music than with Raja's lack of business sense. Rahman set a new trend, which was widely embraced and also changed the way music was being made.

Sureshs65
28th June 2012, 04:32 PM
Kamal,

By the looks of it.

Gundallo Godavari and Sathya Sai Baba in Telugu
Sathyan's untitled movie in Malayalam
SuKa is in process of starting his next project. He recently wrote an article about location searching. He has put up on his facebook page that the movie will have music by Raja. As to when the shooting will exactly start and when the movie will be completed is not known yet
In Hindi and Kannada I haven't heard of any projects

Gregorysab
28th June 2012, 04:46 PM
Suresh,

It is blasphemy that an album like Padithurai that has classical songs is lying in cans. Whoever has the rights - producer, director, distributor or anyone - should atleast release it as private album. :-(

I havent heard any updates about Sathya Sai Baba movie and somehow my expectations are low from that film. I am curious about Gundello Godari but. Read about Sathyan's movie but I hope there are a handful no. of songs atleast.

Read somewhere recently that Balki is writing a film. I think that will be the next, in Hindi, IF Raaja is considered for it. Balki is also producing a film English Vinglish, touted as Sridevi's return to films, directed by his wife and music composed by Amit Trivedi. So we have to wait and watch it Balki's next will be Raaja or Amit Trivedi :-)

But are there no tamil films in the pipeline?

Gregorysab
28th June 2012, 04:48 PM
Kamal,

Also, people here might not understand if you address me so :-D.. and at times I only get confused reading few paragraphs if they were referring to me or Kamal Haasan :cool::-P

KV
28th June 2012, 04:54 PM
bytheby, Singeetham's film on Tyagaraaja din't take off eh? (wiki says his next film has pawankalyan playing christ). So, what could've been another classical treat, bites the dust eh? :mad:

Gregorysab
28th June 2012, 05:04 PM
KV,

Thyagayya is shelved (but Raaja role would have been extremely limited. Maximum we would have got 2-3 non-thyagaraja-composed songs in the film.. like a jagadanandakaaraka in SRR probably and other songs might have been kritis, orchestrated by raaja. Anyway, whats the point in speculating over something thats definitely not happening).

Even that Pavan Kalyan starrer seems to have bit the dust. And hopes again rose when actor Balakrishna recently announced that he is planning to a sequel to Aditya 369 (1990 film) with Singeetham (who directed it). But the hopes immediately crashed the one moment news came out that the music for this sequel will be composed by Mani Sharma.

layman10
28th June 2012, 07:13 PM
http://eternalmusic.blog87.fc2.com/blog-entry-82.html (Japanese blog)

KV
28th June 2012, 07:33 PM
KV,

Thyagayya is shelved (but Raaja role would have been extremely limited. Maximum we would have got 2-3 non-thyagaraja-composed songs in the film.. like a jagadanandakaaraka in SRR probably and other songs might have been kritis, orchestrated by raaja. Anyway, whats the point in speculating over something thats definitely not happening).

Even that Pavan Kalyan starrer seems to have bit the dust. And hopes again rose when actor Balakrishna recently announced that he is planning to a sequel to Aditya 369 (1990 film) with Singeetham (who directed it). But the hopes immediately crashed the one moment news came out that the music for this sequel will be composed by Mani Sharma.

bleddy naansans :evil:. i'd give anything for 369's title score and raasaleela vela. alas...

KV
28th June 2012, 07:34 PM
paarra! sappaanla ellaam idhu round vandhutrikka. sooperapu!

kameshratnam
28th June 2012, 09:30 PM
Paditurai wont be released

Every reel of the film is with a so called auditor associated with the production company of aarya and the next news is the producer is not happy with the director and he feels aarya's brother has been under utilized in the movie

the news from the director which is of course SUKA is that movie is dropped

baroque
29th June 2012, 04:14 AM
Dig
Some thread this one or the other one... :roll: this morning parthen... avasarathule oditten...
anyway...
Jai,
I neither think nor say that you think/say A.R. Rahman is peevish.
Sorry, I upset you.
thanks.
end.
Vinatha.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
29th June 2012, 09:27 AM

The blog is listing the Best of 2012! Though all the album are 10+ years old! This is a standing proof that Raja is timeless! What this agi music is doing?!?? why can't they release more compilations globally, like this?!?

jaiganes
29th June 2012, 10:34 AM
Dig
Some thread this one or the other one... :roll: this morning parthen... avasarathule oditten...
anyway...
Jai,
I neither think nor say that you think/say A.R. Rahman is peevish.
Sorry, I upset you.
thanks.
end.
Vinatha.

upsetta naana? che che..
no upset..

Gregorysab
29th June 2012, 03:56 PM
NEPV twitter handle: "We are planning to have a Very Eventful Audio Release for #Nepmovie,and hence the delay in announcing the same !!!"

SoftSword
29th June 2012, 04:09 PM
no surprise...
the launch would be bigger than the VTV launch which happened in BAFTA...
gm ennenna pannaporaarnu paarunga...

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
29th June 2012, 04:18 PM
aakarsh, post in NEPV thread pls :)

KV
29th June 2012, 04:33 PM
not if, but rather when is what we seek, mr menon. :evil:

Gregorysab
29th June 2012, 05:01 PM
aakarsh, post in NEPV thread pls :)

Ok. I thought it was "news" ;-)

Plum
29th June 2012, 08:10 PM
Dear All, Thanks for your messages of support. However, I am banning myself from this forum since I cannot be at peace in a forum full of people giving character certificates to Raja and Rahman and feeling smug about it.

As a parting note, let me point to Aakarsh that Sathyettan's new film would be "oru kaaryam parayAnuNdu"

jaiganes
29th June 2012, 08:28 PM
Dear All, Thanks for your messages of support. However, I am banning myself from this forum since I cannot be at peace in a forum full of people giving character certificates to Raja and Rahman and feeling smug about it.

As a parting note, let me point to Aakarsh that Sathyettan's new film would be "oru kaaryam parayAnuNdu"
enna idhu chinna puLLathanama?
Hey parth - tum apni gaandeev ko haath me lelo aur asthra chalao - kyunki aathma ka maran nahi hai.

KV
29th June 2012, 08:29 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0l-MdKoJhw&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PLB555F057CC9E3D1A

Nerd
29th June 2012, 08:48 PM
Ada chummaa vaanga baass.. Avinga eppayumE ipdiththaan, thozhil panna mudiyumaa??

Also V_Sji hopefully his silence is not related to 'THAT'.

app_engine
29th June 2012, 08:51 PM
Plum,
neenga ingE kaNdippA vENum!

Please!!

San_K
29th June 2012, 08:53 PM
plum :notthatway: :cool2: Mods :twisted:

SoftSword
29th June 2012, 08:54 PM

indha kaattumiraandi gumbal'la orutthan dhaan ungappan'radha marandhudaadha...
nee kondu vaa... aana naanga medhuvaa dhaan varuvom...

idhellaam perumayaaa...?? kadamai!!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
29th June 2012, 09:28 PM

Plumgaaru :) Ulagathula namakku neraya avamaanam nadakkuthu, naamaLum neraya thappu paNrOm. Athunaala ulagatha vittu pOida mudiyumaa?!? Appuram Trisha(illaatti Divya) Vaazhkkai enaarathu?!? Hub um oru Ulagam thaan! Intha Ulagatha vittu pOidaatheenga, ingaye irunthu Hub-Ulaganaayagan aaga Muyarchi pannuvom Vaanga Please!

baroque
29th June 2012, 09:33 PM
:ty:Jai.

good to know.

hey, Plum,

Come on..., you stay, it's your home, you have friends here, they will miss you!

I come and delete my posts this evening. konjam time kodunga....

vinatha.

sathya_1979
29th June 2012, 09:55 PM
Guruji, don't leave. Please.......

app_engine
29th June 2012, 10:54 PM
olympic (http://www.dinamani.com/edition/story.aspx?&SectionName=Cinema&artid=621010&SectionID=141&MainSectionID=141&SEO=&Title)

இளையராஜாவைத் தொடர்ந்து ஏ.ஆர். ரஹ்மானின் இசையும் ஒலிம்பிக்கில் இடம்பெறுவது இந்தியர்களுக்கு பெருமை சேர்க்கும் விதமாக அமையும் என்று நம்பலாம்

kiru
30th June 2012, 01:29 AM
Plum, if the forum posts are the ONLY major worries/annoyances for you (seems like that), I can only envy you. Life must be really good :-) I like the passion and energy in your posts. Keep contributing.

AravindMano
30th June 2012, 03:11 AM
plummanAr - pliss to check PM. Thank you.

rajaramsgi
30th June 2012, 03:13 AM

வாங்க PLUM
நீங்க பழைய பண்நீர்செல்வமா வரணும்.இந்த வீடியோ உங்களுக்காக தான். sorry for the repeat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emel8Sr5RAM

krish244
30th June 2012, 10:02 AM
A news item. "How to name it" will be part of a featured works to be performed by a dance troupe (Bill Evans) in Brockport State College. Not sure of other details.

http://thedailynewsonline.com/entertainment/article_1e2b70f2-c15e-11e1-add6-001a4bcf887a.html

thanks,

Krishnan

rajkumarc
30th June 2012, 11:33 AM
Plum - Please, you should continue to post in the forum. I always love to read your perspectives and thoughts and the passion with which you post (for example, the post about the song, Thoorathil Naan Kanda sung by SJ in Nizhalgal, whenever I listen to that song, I'm reminded of your post), we need that here in the forum.

V_S - Please, don't even think about not contributing to the forum, especially the IR section. Your detailed writings about IR's gems are truly unparallelled, one of a kind. There are many more songs that you have to share your thoughts about.

If you both stop contributing we as fellow hub-ers who share common interests are the losers.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
30th June 2012, 09:31 PM
Must Listen!

http://soundcloud.com/sridhar-gs/sets/radiomirchi-naan-neenga-raaja/

rajaramsgi
1st July 2012, 01:30 AM
VAMSI's interview. again. a must to see, we all know his proximity to Raja sir. Will any good heart come forward to translate Raja sir related bits from this interview so we can know some stories behind some great songs on vamsi's movies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFmB9PG_RyY (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFmB9PG_RyY)

Gregorysab
1st July 2012, 09:04 AM

huh?? dude!!!! c'mon... take/react only to positive stuff and avoid negativity. The more you are bothered, the more you are allowing yourself to be dragged into such frivolous discussions! Take it easy and keep sharing good stuff dude!

/sermonizing ends

Plum
1st July 2012, 12:14 PM
Thanks again for further support. However, as i said, this is a considered decision. The reason one comes here is to steer clear of the hypocritical humility mafia one is forced to entertain in the real world. And until recently, the balance here was correct with less mafia members than more. Of late, this balance has been tipped and I dont have reason to cherish this place as the kind of balance of people I get here I can get in the real world itself thank you.

kiru, the point really is that this is a sanctuary away from the real life troubles and when this place begins to resemble the real world, I have zero need for this place.

Thanks all for a few years of sanctuary. This must really be the end.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
1st July 2012, 12:34 PM
:( Atleast Viswaroopam thread kkaachum vaanga! Neenga Kamalai kandamEnikku thittinaalum orupaya kekka maatOm :)

rajaramsgi
1st July 2012, 06:56 PM
kiru, the point really is that this is a sanctuary away from the real life troubles and when this place begins to resemble the real world, I have zero need for this place.

Thanks all for a few years of sanctuary. This must really be the end.

உங்களை மாதிரி சீனியர்ஸ் இப்படி கோபப்படலாமா? மொட்டே தாசனும் இப்படி தான் கொசிட்டு போறேன்னு பிடிவாதம் பிடிச்சார். தனி நபர் தாக்குதல் நடக்கும் போது இப்படி எல்லாம் பிரச்சனையை வருதுன்னு நினைக்கிறேன். அதுக்கு தான் வெங்கிராமுக்கு சிலர் பதில் எழுதும் போது கண்டிக்க வேண்டியதா போச்சு. போறேன்னு ஒத்த காலுல நிக்க வேண்டாம். நீங்க மனம் திருந்தி வந்தால் என்னை போல் பலர் சந்தோஷ பட கூடும், இல்லா விட்டால் ஒவ்வொருத்தரா, கோச்சிக்கிட்டு இங்கிருந்து போய்டுவாங்க. நமக்கு இஷ்டம் ராஜா சாரும் அவரோட இசையும் தான். அதுவே நம்மை இணைத்தது. அதுவே இங்கு உங்களை மறுபடியும் அழைத்து வரட்டும்.

அன்புக்கு உண்டோ அடைக்கும் தாழ்?
அன்போடு அழைக்கிறோம் வாருங்கள்.

V_S
1st July 2012, 08:26 PM
Dear Friends,
Thanks a lot for all your support and encouragement. It moved me a lot. I felt it is better to take time off in the best interests of mayyam, you all and me, but will join you all soon. I even feel very sorry and guilty for whatever happened recently.

Before taking some time off, I would like to mention this again about Maestro. Maestro is not just another musician as some feel here. HE IS THE ONLY NATURAL, GIFTED, ORIGINAL, PURE MUSICIAN OF OUR TIMES, IF NOT ALL TIMES. To achieve what he has achieved musically in these 35 years, it will easily take a minimum of 300-400 years for some one. That's how easy it is. There is not a single page of music he hasn't uncovered. He is the only one who can see Idayam POguthe in Schubert or Poo MaalayE in Bach or Poovaadikalil in Thyagaraja. He is the only one who brought the Kalyani to Keeravani to roots of villages. He is the only one who has made us see cities in a different light and context through his compositions. He is the only composer who has touched every human emotions and elements in his compositions. He is the only composer who has taken us literally to every region right from our smallest village to the towns of India to the western world through his compositions. He is the only one who can compose Aattu kutti muttai ittu to Yeh KiLi irukku Pazham irukku to Madai thiranthu to Mari mari ninE to Aavesamantha Aalapanele to Thoongaatha VizhigaL Rendu to Hey Baby to Ambum Kombum to Edaya Bagilu to Ennada Pandi to Srirama Lera to Senkathir Kaayum. It is not that simple as what I have stated. Have we seen this much versatile composer ever, not just from India. Have we seen this much prolific composer ever who has raised the standards of music to extra-ordinary levels and raised the life of many producers, directors and actors. Even after doing all this, he is saying, he does not know music. Have we seen any selfless composer and as humble as Maestro? His achievement in music is endless. He is the only REAL musical face of India which world (even most India) has not seen. Clouds cannot hide the Sun for long enough. Just like Sun rays are powerful that it can pierce clouds to reach us, I certainly believe his music will reach the world soon. Time will certainly tell who this brilliant musician is and what his fascinating mind is.

Just because this genius and legend is living during our times, we tend to take his efforts very lightly and loosely. My only concern is if you are a serious music listener (not a fan), you cannot pull down a giant musician like Maestro to all corners and stamp with your feet, that too in his home. It is the biggest sin to have ever happened for music and there is no 'paapa vimochanam' for that.

Will soon join you, till then. Thank you again everyone!

AravindMano
1st July 2012, 09:18 PM
V_S ji, very sorry to hear this. I will miss you. Please come back soon.

AravindMano
1st July 2012, 09:18 PM
Others - what the funk happened? PM please. Thank you.

baroque
1st July 2012, 09:57 PM
Plum and V_S, GOOD LUCK TO YOU!

V_S, thanks for sharing couple of albums of IR with me. I cherish it.

enjoy your life!

bye...

vinatha.

app_engine
1st July 2012, 11:53 PM
V_Sji, enjoy your break - but come back soon!

:-)

Plum,
:-(

jaiganes
2nd July 2012, 03:13 AM
onyum pirila naekku.
hub varradhe v_s , plum maadhiri aatkaL enna eidhikeerangonnu padikkaththaan. ippo adhulayum mannaa?
edho.. nalladhu nadandhaa sari.

Bala (Karthik)
2nd July 2012, 03:21 AM
Expected this and heard this from LM today. You are right Plum, this is a sanctuary from real life. Whatever you and your posts may have been to people, you were (almost) never *wrong*, let there be no doubts about that :thumbsup:

VS also? :(

venkkiram
2nd July 2012, 05:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66gvcfEvwug&feature=relmfu

"ராஜ்கிரண் - ராஜா" -- இந்தக் கூட்டணி விருந்து சாப்பிட்டு ரொம்ப வருடங்களாச்சி! தலைவாழை சாப்பாட்டிற்காக காத்துக்கொண்டிருக்கிறேன்.

baroque
2nd July 2012, 09:45 AM
:ty:

yeah... We will have a treat from IR-Rajkiran kootani!

kuyil pattu ...
raasathi manasula...
sondham ondrai...
vaanmadhiye
azhagana manjapura...

amazing compositions :musicsmile:

raajarasigan
2nd July 2012, 11:15 AM
//dig

Plum-gaaru :shock: :sad: hoping for a come back..

V_S-ji, come back soon.. :) pazhaya mAdhiri vandhu detail'a post'unga... End-dig//

Punnaimaran
2nd July 2012, 12:16 PM
I usually come here to read the posts of V_S, Plum, app_eng and Suresh65. Plum, reconsider your decision and V_S, pls come back soon.

Gregorysab
2nd July 2012, 12:18 PM
Others - what the funk happened? PM please. Thank you.

I have no clue and even I have the same question. What happened that some members are leaving?

mohanraja
2nd July 2012, 02:58 PM
நான் இங்கு ஒரு சைலென்ட் ரீடர். உண்மையில் இங்கு எழுதும் பலரின் இசை அறிவும் நம் ராஜாவைப் பற்றிய தெளிவும் இல்லாத என்னைப் போன்ற பலர் அன்றாடம் அணுகுவது இந்தத் தளத்தில் விவாதிக்கப்படும் விஷயங்களையே. நானும் அவ்வப்போது அங்கங்கு ராஜா ரசிகர்களோடு அடாவடி செய்தாலும், விலகிப் போய்விடுவது கோபித்துக்கொண்டு வெளியேறுவது என்று நம் சக ரசிகர்களின் செயல்கள் வருத்தம் தருகின்றன. நிச்சயம் அவரவர்க்கான நியாயங்கள் இருக்கும். வருத்தம் இருக்கும். எல்லாவற்றையும் மறந்து விட்டு ராஜாவின் பெயரால் மீண்டும் ஒன்றிணைய வேண்டும் என்று வேண்டுகிறேன்.
நீதானே எந்தன் பொன் வசந்தத்தில் யுவன் கார்த்திக்கை எல்லாம் பாடவைத்தது சரியா என்ற கேள்வியுடன் பல நாள் கழித்து என் வம்பையும் துவக்குகிறேன். ரெடி ஸ்டார்ட் ஃப்ரெண்ட்ஸ்.

Chandramohan Vetrivel,
New Delhi.
www.chandanaar.blogspot.com

rajaramsgi
2nd July 2012, 04:16 PM
நீதானே எந்தன் பொன் வசந்தத்தில் யுவன் கார்த்திக்கை எல்லாம் பாடவைத்தது சரியா என்ற கேள்வியுடன் பல நாள் கழித்து என் வம்பையும் துவக்குகிறேன். ரெடி ஸ்டார்ட் ஃப்ரெண்ட்ஸ்.

வாங்க சார், ராஜா சாரின் இசை நம்மை சுண்டி இழுக்கும் வரை யாரேனும் ஒருவர் வருவார், எழுதி கொண்டும் இருப்பார். நமக்கு தேவை ராஜா சார் பற்றிய தகவல்கள், அது யாரிடத்திலிருந்து வந்தால் என்ன? இங்கு கிடைக்கும் என்ற நம்பிக்கையில் தானே வருகிறோம்.

குழந்தைகளுக்கு தான் பவதாரிணி குரல் பொருந்தி இருக்கிறது. தேவயானிக்கும், நந்திதா தாசுக்கும், சிம்ரனுக்கும் சற்றும் பொருந்த வில்லை. அதே போல் தான் யுவன் குரலும். சுரம் இல்லாத குரல் அவருடையது. அவர் பாடி எனக்கு பிடித்த ஒரே பாடல் "ஒரு கல் ஒரு கண்ணாடி, உடையாமல் பார்த்து கொண்டால்" மட்டும் தான். Nepv இன்னும் வெளி வரவில்லை என்றாலும், யுவன் குரல் ஜீவாவிற்கு பொருந்தி வரும் என்று தோன்ற வில்லை. இருந்தாலும் இந்த காலத்து இளைஞர்களுக்கு யுவன் குரல் பிடித்திருக்கிறது என்றே தோன்றுகிறது. ஆனால் ராஜா சாருக்கு தெரியாதது இல்லை. யுவன் குரலுக்கு பொருந்தி வருவது போல் ஒரு பாடல் போட்டிருக்கலாம்.

mohanraja
2nd July 2012, 04:38 PM
ஆமாம். யுவன் குரலில் என்ன தப்பு இருக்கு. அவருடையது யுனிக் வாய்ஸ் என்று டீனேஜர்கள் பலர் சமூக வலைத் தளங்களில் கேள்வி எழுப்பியது நிச்சயம் நமக்கெல்லாம் ஆச்சர்யம் தரவில்லை. ரசனை எத்தனை வறண்டு போயிருந்தால் யுவனெல்லாம் பாடகராக முடியும்!!! இடையில் திப்பு, ரீட்டா போன்றவர்களைப் 'பாட வைத்து' ஒரு சத்திய சோதனையே செய்தார் ராஜா. ஒரு நண்பர் சொன்னது போல் ராஜாவுக்கு இணையாக இன்னொரு இசைக் கலைஞர் நிச்சயம் இல்லை. இருந்தாலும் தனது இசை வாழ்க்கையின் ஓய்வுப் பகுதியான இக்கால கட்டத்தில் ஒரு அரசனுக்குரிய கம்பீரத்துடன் ராஜா பணிபுரிய வேண்டும் என்ற கட்சி நான்- ரெண்டு வருடத்துக்கு ஒரே படம் என்றாலும்.

Sureshs65
2nd July 2012, 06:56 PM
Plum & V_S,

I respect your sentiments. At the same time we probably can't expect anything different from a public discussion board like this, isn't it? This is not moderated until necessary. (Ofcourse people can have their fight with mods but overall I am perfectly fine with the philosophy followed here.) So I think it is probably too much to expect this bulletin board to not resemble real life but an ideal life. That happens in many groups which are present in yahoo, facebook and orkut. These are highly moderated groups, many of whom only discuss Raja's music and not his character per se. But then those groups have their own limitations as not accepting _any_ criticism of Raja at all. It gets boring beyond a point.

I don't deny that many worthless people may be attacking Raja but unfortunately to criticize someone you don't need any qualification. Ofcourse it is a pain to read people pontificating on how Raja should be humble or should not have done this etc. It does hurt when someone makes a stupid comment like "He makes Yuvan sing, therefore he is useless." But since this is a public place, I don't see how these things can be avoided. The only two ways of countering it are to put forth our view and keep on at it or ignore the comments and continue. Even now you can see that Chandramohan has started the next, "Raja should spend his retirement like a king" type of comment. I am planning to ignore it and if he continues on the same vein, ignore him as well. No one can force us to respond to every argument nor can anyone force us to respect other person's views.

So I am hoping both of you will get back here soon and continue. We cannot do business if we are afraid of these folks.

Gregorysab
2nd July 2012, 07:12 PM
Suresh,

asalu em jarigindhi maashtaaru?

KV
2nd July 2012, 07:13 PM
nalla sollunga sureshji... perusugalukku puriyattum!

bytheby... plum wanted! unga terror raajyam ingE thodarattum: TF quiz section (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?8621-Cine-Quiz/page191)

Sureshs65
2nd July 2012, 07:27 PM
aakarsh,

A lot of people went on the 'Raja is not humble' and 'Raja should not speak anything which sort of praises himself' and all that jazz. You know the routine. One poster made a comment that Raja has not really achieved anything great just that he added a bit more WCM, which was anyway present earlier and so on. This sort of pissed of Plum and V_S. Plum of course has been anti hypocrisy person, saying that why should Raja be a hypocrite and why can't he speak his mind. There is no need to be politically correct. V_S on the other hand was hurt by the way people with their agendas go after Raja for everything, real and imaginary. That is what happened.

SoftSword
2nd July 2012, 07:36 PM
plum...
idhulaam neenga itthana varushamaa ungalukkaaga sedhukkuna character'ku konjam kooda match aagala... solten :evil:

SoftSword
2nd July 2012, 07:39 PM
V_S kadhai enakku sutthamaa puriyala...
orutthar pOnaa ellaarum poga thodangiduvaanga....
engala patthi neenga, plum ellaam enna nenachuttu irukkeenga...??
neenga ezhudhurappo kaitthatti padikkanum... mudiyaadhunu neenga uttutupOna otthukkanumaa... enna maadhiri protocol idhu??? :evil:

Sureshs65
2nd July 2012, 07:46 PM
SS,

Well said. I think Plum now has the fatigue of a revolutionary :)

app_engine
2nd July 2012, 08:31 PM
Sureshji (& Akarsh),
I think there may be more than what you've posted w.r.t. Plum's decision :confused:

He is tough enough i.e. courageous enough not to take this extreme step of leaving the forum simply based on some 'psuedo-humility-mafia-threat'.

In any case, it's a big loss to a reader like me who loves his posts :-(

SoftSword
2nd July 2012, 08:46 PM
my understanding is, he was banned and eventually he took that extreme step...

rajaramsgi
2nd July 2012, 09:19 PM
Gentlemen,

I don't understand this, may be someone can explain. I really don't mind, even if you are going to BAN my account because of my views here, I will continue to visit this place as I spent more than a decade and spent a lots of time reading each one of your views. No one is wrong about Raja sir here . People like me may sound stupid to you, but our word counts. What is wrong in asking why is yuvan singing for Raja or a simillar question about him? If you are highly intelligent and if you think we are stupid, it is not fair, but of course, you have a choice to ignore that message and move on to the next one. Instead of that, calling each other's views as stupid means you are shunning the confidence of a Raja fan to participate in this forum. Tomorrow we all will go away from this place because one day we will die for sure. But this forum should be alive forever. New people should continue to come here and express their thirst to explore more to know more about THE KING without any fear. This is not about freedom of speech, but something else.

This is a public place and we agree that we all love Raja sir. We all come here hoping to talk about him and to know more about him. what is wrong about it? many of us are not proficient enough to discuss his musical notes or works, but we all love to listen to 'only his music'. We all love to know and share the stories, magics and miracles behind his songs.

Every Raja fan has the right to express anything he thinks about Raja, his music, his life etc etc.

BAN ME IF I AM WRONG.

KV
2nd July 2012, 09:41 PM
iyyaho! :notthatway: juntha, please calm down.

http://www.naderlibrary.com/astrangecover17x.jpg

This forum is known for being an open and accomodative one. It's just that sometimes certain 'repeated concerns' can get to some people. Me thinks this is the reason for V_S and plum keeping away. Let's leave that choice to them and continue with BAU. shaanthi nilava vEndum.

kid-glove
2nd July 2012, 09:45 PM
Plum is watching everyone. Closely. From above.

http://www.brownbagfilms.com/images/blog/legacy-files/2009/07/Batman.jpg

Sureshs65
2nd July 2012, 09:50 PM
rajaramsgi,

I am not in favor of banning anyone until they are deliberately posting inflammatory material or they are abusive. All other views are not be banned.

Coming to the question you asked, when someone has the right to give advice to Raja here or tell that he is a 'tala ganam manushan' etc, someone else also has the right to call that view stupid or to ignore such poster. I think that is consistent with what I would look forward in this bulletin board. Do go ahead and give your opinion on anything related to Raja. Other also have the right to give their opinion on your post or ignore you. If that hurts someone's confidence, that's bad. No one is crying that posts here are hurting Raja's confidence are they? So when you post be ready for a reaction or be ready to be ignored.

And don't worry about this forum being alive. There are enough Raja fans (and detractors) around that even if all of us vanish this forum will sustain itself.

"If you are highly intelligent and if you think we are stupid"
Now what does that make people advising Raja, asking him not to use a particular singer or going hammer and tongs on him? They are super intelligent and Raja is stupid? Why do you want one scale of justice for you and one for Raja? If someone wants to call Raja's decision stupid, they should be ready if someone else calls their post stupid.

So, same rule for everyone. Whether it be Raja or a poster here.

KV
2nd July 2012, 10:05 PM
ippidiyE pOchuna samsaram adhu minsaaram maadhiri 'IR albums' section la naduvula oru periya kOdu pOda vEndiyadhaa irukkum.
medication: kattipudi vaidhyam.
suggested plan of action: avaavaa avaavaalukku pudicha paatta paththi pEsungo. vaaikka thagaraaru vEndaam.

Sureshs65
2nd July 2012, 10:19 PM
KV :)

I can understand your sentiments. Ofcourse we don't want vaikkaa thagaraaru here. Just that when somebody starts a thagaraaru he/she should know there can be a reaction and sometimes not to their liking :)

Anyway, let us get along by giving more titbits about NEP. Which means I will have to end my post now :lol: Suddenly the NEVP fellows have gone into radio silence mode.

jaiganes
2nd July 2012, 11:33 PM
ஆமாம். யுவன் குரலில் என்ன தப்பு இருக்கு. அவருடையது யுனிக் வாய்ஸ் என்று டீனேஜர்கள் பலர் சமூக வலைத் தளங்களில் கேள்வி எழுப்பியது நிச்சயம் நமக்கெல்லாம் ஆச்சர்யம் தரவில்லை. ரசனை எத்தனை வறண்டு போயிருந்தால் யுவனெல்லாம் பாடகராக முடியும்!!! இடையில் திப்பு, ரீட்டா போன்றவர்களைப் 'பாட வைத்து' ஒரு சத்திய சோதனையே செய்தார் ராஜா. ஒரு நண்பர் சொன்னது போல் ராஜாவுக்கு இணையாக இன்னொரு இசைக் கலைஞர் நிச்சயம் இல்லை. இருந்தாலும் தனது இசை வாழ்க்கையின் ஓய்வுப் பகுதியான இக்கால கட்டத்தில் ஒரு அரசனுக்குரிய கம்பீரத்துடன் ராஜா பணிபுரிய வேண்டும் என்ற கட்சி நான்- ரெண்டு வருடத்துக்கு ஒரே படம் என்றாலும்.
ivvLo dhaana illai innum rendu advice edhaavadhu irukkaa?
venumnaa naanum oru advice panren.
Thriuvannamalai ashramathula poi okkandhukkunga saar - velila manushan oruthanayum kaanala.

jaiganes
2nd July 2012, 11:36 PM
yoav kittu.
sogamana nerathulayum thevayaa un bittu?

layman10
3rd July 2012, 06:48 AM
Looks like a new movie, not sure it was talked here b4.
http://www.deccanchronicle.com/channels/showbiz/mollywood/when-maestro-made-rare-appearance-149

Sureshs65
3rd July 2012, 09:16 AM
layman,

Wow. This is definitely a new film. And the press should be told to stop the 'Raja makes a rare appearance' bit. Dei fellows, are you blind? He is there everywhere now :lol: Those rare days are gone.

Anway, the movie's premise looks interesting. The sort of emotional drama which Raja will love. Given that it is a Sreenivasan's film, the chances of release are bright. And to the those who seek humility you can check out what Raja had said here :)

mohanraja
3rd July 2012, 09:41 AM
ஒரு விஷயம். நானே சொல்லிக்கப்படாது. இருந்தாலும் சொல்கிறேன். சாரு, ஷாஜி, ஞாநி போன்றவர்கள் ராஜாவைப் பற்றிப் பொதுத் தளங்களில் அபாண்டமாகப் பேசியபோது மற்ற எல்லோரயையும் விட- நிச்சயமாகவே சொல்ல முடியும்- கடுமையாக எதிர்வினை செய்தவன் நான்.
ஒரு ரசிகனாக என்-நம் ராஜாவிடம் இன்னும் சில எதிர்பார்ப்புகள் உரிமையுடனான கோபங்கள் உண்டு என்ற வகையில் மிக மென்மையாக என் கருத்தை வைத்தால் கூட என்னை புறக்கணிக்க வேண்டும் என்று சொல்லும் அளவுக்கு ராஜா மேல் அநியாய பாசம் வைத்திருப்பவர்களைப் பார்த்தால் - எனக்கு உண்மையில் மகிழ்ச்சியாகத் தான் இருக்கிறது.
என் 'இசை அறிவு' பற்றி என் பதிவுகளைப் படித்தவர்களுக்குத் தெரியும். ஒரு முறை என் பதிவுக்கு வேறொரு தளத்தில் கடும் விமர்சனம் செய்த நண்பர் தான் என்னை புறக்கணிக்கவும் வேண்டுகிறார்.
மகிழ்ச்சி.
எல்லோரும் மகிழ்ச்சியாகவே இருங்கள். அதைக் குலைக்கும் எண்ணம் துளியும் எனக்கில்லை. Bye friends!

Gregorysab
3rd July 2012, 09:49 AM
aakarsh,

A lot of people went on the 'Raja is not humble' and 'Raja should not speak anything which sort of praises himself' and all that jazz. You know the routine. One poster made a comment that Raja has not really achieved anything great just that he added a bit more WCM, which was anyway present earlier and so on. This sort of pissed of Plum and V_S. Plum of course has been anti hypocrisy person, saying that why should Raja be a hypocrite and why can't he speak his mind. There is no need to be politically correct. V_S on the other hand was hurt by the way people with their agendas go after Raja for everything, real and imaginary. That is what happened.

I thought people, by now, have got used to such stuff and have become pros in dealing with it (which means ignoring :-)). But whoever said that raaja did not achieve anything.. Is a genius! :-D

Raaja has all the right to speak his mind. We may like it or dislike it. If we like it, smile .. Else, move on and focus on music. Even i used to bother about other things once upon a time, but slowly, my perspective evolved. If there a god side of raaja manifested through his music, then there is a human side too, in his opinions etc. it's up to us what we choose and in what proportion. I am not saying that he is right or he is wrong. Matter of perspective! I'm only saying that his music will outlast everything that people complain about him and that's what will form his legacy in years to come. We need to talk about music. That's all.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
3rd July 2012, 10:55 AM
வரவர இந்த திரிக்கு வரவே எரிச்சலாக இருக்கிறது! எப்டி இருந்த இடம் இப்டி ஆகிடுச்சு :(

K
3rd July 2012, 11:14 AM
Saami (Raaja) Varam Kuduthu poosari(GVM) Varam Kudukaliye?

Poosaari Engala kaapathu varatha(NEPV audio) release senju.

San_K
3rd July 2012, 11:19 AM
வரவர இந்த திரிக்கு வரவே எரிச்சலாக இருக்கிறது! எப்டி இருந்த இடம் இப்டி ஆகிடுச்சு :(

+1. Only raaja can help. sattu puttunu NEPV movie album release pannungappa

NormalMan
3rd July 2012, 04:01 PM

+100

Ditto. Very irritating and useless discussions. Really wish folks who want to discuss to a separate thread.

app_engine
3rd July 2012, 05:11 PM
எப்டி இருந்த இடம் இப்டி ஆகிடுச்சு

IMO, there had been always such discussions :confused:

I'm seeing such ones for more than a decade :roll:

chummA pulambARatha vittuttu uruppadiyA news / thuNukku irundhA postunga :-)

rajaramsgi
3rd July 2012, 05:12 PM
எல்லோரும் மகிழ்ச்சியாகவே இருங்கள். அதைக் குலைக்கும் எண்ணம் துளியும் எனக்கில்லை. Bye friends!

இவரையும் துரத்தி விட்டீங்க போல.. அவரு அப்படி என்ன தவறாக கேட்டுவிட்டார்? வெள்ளந்தியா எதுனா சொன்னாலும், வெகுளியா எதுனா கேட்டாலும் வரிஞ்சு கட்டிக்கிட்டு சிலர் வருகிறார்கள். எதற்கெடுத்தாலும் மறுப்போ ஒரு மாற்று கருத்தோ இருக்க வேண்டுமா? புல்லி பண்ணாதீங்க சார். அது தப்பு. இங்கு நிறைய ராஜா சாரை பற்றிய விஷயங்கள் கொட்டி கிடக்கிறது. குடுக்க நிறைய பேர் இருக்கிறார்கள். அள்ளிக்கொள்ள பலர் வருகிறோம். அவ்வளவே.

இதனால் யாரையும் புன்படுத்த வேண்டும் என்பது என் எண்ணம் இல்லை.

layman10
3rd July 2012, 06:05 PM
இவரையும் துரத்தி விட்டீங்க போல.. அவரு அப்படி என்ன தவறாக கேட்டுவிட்டார்? வெள்ளந்தியா எதுனா சொன்னாலும், வெகுளியா எதுனா கேட்டாலும் வரிஞ்சு கட்டிக்கிட்டு சிலர் வருகிறார்கள். எதற்கெடுத்தாலும் மறுப்போ ஒரு மாற்று கருத்தோ இருக்க வேண்டுமா? புல்லி பண்ணாதீங்க சார். அது தப்பு. இங்கு நிறைய ராஜா சாரை பற்றிய விஷயங்கள் கொட்டி கிடக்கிறது. குடுக்க நிறைய பேர் இருக்கிறார்கள். அள்ளிக்கொள்ள பலர் வருகிறோம். அவ்வளவே.

இதனால் யாரையும் புன்படுத்த வேண்டும் என்பது என் எண்ணம் இல்லை.

போஸ்டே ராஜாவை புல்லி செய்வது போல் இருந்தால் என்ன செய்வது?. மற்றவன் என்ன கதை, என்ன பத்திரம் என்றில்லாமல் என்ன இசை என்ன பாட்டும் வீம்புக்கு கொண்டு வந்து போடுவான். அனால் ஆயிரக்கணக்கில் பாட்டில், தன் மேதமையை தேவை இல்லாமல் கதைக்கும், பத்திரத்துக்கும், களத்துக்கும் முன் கொண்டு வராத மேதையை பற்றி பேசினால் (பாடகர் தேர்வு பற்றி) என்ன பொருள்?. புரிந்து கொண்டு தான் பேசுகிறார்களா?.

Nerd
3rd July 2012, 06:35 PM
I definitely agree that Reeta / Tippu / Prasanna / Yuvan etc., are not Raaja songs worthy but -

1. We are really scraping the bottom of the barrell in terms of quality singers these days
2. And its Raaja who has been consistently using the best singer of this gen ShreyaG. Not Rahman / Not Yuvan etc.
3. But how many producers can afford a ShreyaG or even a Karthik?
4. And keep in mind that Yuvan was director-ask, not Raaja's choice. Cunning choice of singer if I may say so - Yuvan's fans are expecting this album as much as we do.
5. We have 4500 other songs which are sung by better singers, why bother about 500 if you really do not care? :-)

kameshratnam
3rd July 2012, 06:47 PM
Raaja sirs new malayalam movie

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/channels/showbiz/mollywood/when-maestro-made-rare-appearance-149

venkkiram
4th July 2012, 12:00 AM
I definitely agree that Reeta / Tippu / Prasanna / Yuvan etc., are not Raaja songs worthy but -

1. We are really scraping the bottom of the barrell in terms of quality singers these days
2. And its Raaja who has been consistently using the best singer of this gen ShreyaG. Not Rahman / Not Yuvan etc.
3. But how many producers can afford a ShreyaG or even a Karthik?
4. And keep in mind that Yuvan was director-ask, not Raaja's choice. Cunning choice of singer if I may say so - Yuvan's fans are expecting this album as much as we do.
5. We have 4500 other songs which are sung by better singers, why bother about 500 if you really do not care? :-)

ரீட்டா, திப்பு - ரெண்டு பேரும் ராஜாவின் இசையில் நல்லாவே பாடுறாங்க. ரீட்டாவின் குரலில் "காத்திருப்பேன் காத்திருப்பேன், என் உசிரு என்ன விட்டு, துக்கமென்ன துயரமென்ன, ஆதிசொக்கா " :notworthy: - திப்பு - சொல்லவே வேணாம். பொண்ணா பொறந்தா, என்ன செஞ்சாலும், எங்கு பிறந்தது, நிலவைச் சுற்றி, கேக்கலையோ, என் மனமே என் மனமே, ரெக்க கட்டி பறக்குது.. - :notworthy: சிறப்பாகவே பாடியிருக்காங்க. திப்பு பாவம். அவருக்கு சில நேரத்துல கூட்டத்துல கோயிந்தா போடுறமாதிரி அமைஞ்சுருது.

யுவனை இந்த அலை நீளத்துல சேர்க்கக் புடாது. அவரின் குரல் மெருகேற்றப் படாத, பயிற்சியில் உட்படுத்தப்படாத ஒரு குரல்.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
4th July 2012, 09:17 AM
A Looong writeup about Jency! -> http://www.facebook.com/notes/malini-shravan/%E0%AE%87%E0%AE%A4%E0%AE%AF%E0%AE%AE%E0%AF%8D-%E0%AE%AA%E0%AF%8B%E0%AE%95%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%A4%E0%A F%87-%E0%AE%AA%E0%AE%BE%E0%AE%9F%E0%AE%95%E0%AE%BF-%E0%AE%9C%E0%AF%86%E0%AE%A9%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%9A%E0%A E%BF/400886876635740

Sureshs65
4th July 2012, 09:21 AM
I agree with Venki to a certain extent. I find Rita to have done a very decent job of 'kaathiruppen'. (I don't know why Baradwaj Rangan didn't like the voice!!!) And the song in 'Mayilu' is quite well done by her. Her urban style does come through in the 'Mayilu' song, which probably Janaki would have nailed perfectly, but to be fair Rita isn't too bad. And isn't she the one who 'unnai patri sonnal'? Again a job well done. Ofcourse, if you are comparing with legends like PS, SJ or KSC, then they may not reach those standards. But if you remove the comparison from you mind, she has been a decent job. So let us give credit to that.

I have had my problems with Tippu's voice in many songs and also his singing style but what he did in 'SreeRamaRajyam' was amazing. 'kalaya nijama' is something no one can complain about. I mean, in an album dominated by SPB and Shreya, Tippu's song stands on its own equivalent to any other song and his singing cannot be faulted here. He does a good job in the 'Thandavakone' and the 'Ayyan' song as well. I somehow don't like much of the youth / kuthu songs he did but surprising like his sings in songs which are more emotional in nature. I know that Jai has likened him to a modern day Malaysia Vasudevan, if I am not mistaken.

Sureshs65
4th July 2012, 09:25 AM
More importantly, as Nerd correctly pointed out, how many producers are ready to pay for Shreya or even Karthik. So if you analyze the songs, you will see that singers like Rita are more used in films where the budget is a big constraint. 'Mathiya Chennai', 'Mayilu', 'Sengaathu Bhoomiyile' etc. When the budget is better, like 'SreeRamaRajyam' or 'Prem Kahani', you can hear singer like Shreya. Infact Raja in many films had used Bela Shinde as a replacement for Shreya. Raja at his prime may have demanded the singers he wanted and got them. Now when he is helping out movie with low budget, he has to 'scrap the bottom' as Nerd says. That is the quality of singing we have. A pity but the reality is that.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
4th July 2012, 09:47 AM
I find many male singers, Unni krishnan, Tippu, vijay Yesudas to err, while, many female singers does better job. In ajanta movie, many places where unni krishnan sings, when he sings a complete line, he gives full throat ONLY during the start and end of the line and kind of mums in the total middle.

Plum
4th July 2012, 01:43 PM
Been away for a week. I find it necessary to clarify some misconceptions before moving on.
1) rajarammsgi's "ivaraiyum thorathittingaLA" is a gross misrepresentation. From the tone and context, I presume he is pointing to the supposed fanatics here who have chased away mohanraja etc. However, the "ivaraiyum" in this context is misleading. Because, the only others who have been chased away recently are myself and V_S. And WE HAVENT BEEN CHASED AWAY BY THE SO CALLED FANATICS HERE but very much their antagonists.
2) To Softie's point, no I am not doing this out of character. I, in my arrogance as ever, have deemed that this forum is no longer of the overall quality of discussion required for me to participate and hence I am walking away. In saying this, I recognise that I am ignoring some wonderful individual posters like suresh, jai, git, kv, V_S, App, Nerd, wiz, P_R etc but the balance recently has been such that this part has become minority and a majority is a mind numbing, commonplace thinking majority that dominates in the real world too. Contrary to Suresh' claim, until recently, the balance was not so lopsided. So, softie, Plum is being arrogant as ever. Nothing out of character. In particular, outside the IR forum, this degradation is pronounced. Perhaps, the sports section still has some decent discussions going but that is not enough carrot for me.

3) IN short, like equa says artla democracy velaikkavaadhu. Likewise, democracy has become too much of a luxury to offer to a majority of posters here in my opinion. They dont simply deserve it. I recognise that the moderators have a different philosophy and have complete respect for the way they have conducted this forum, including banning me briefly, which I think was justified - and to clarify, it was for repeatedly questionin them publicly, which I now recognise was an ill-conceived thing to do. But, and this is important, their moderation philosophy of theirs is only ironically contributing to the reduction in quality of discussions in this forum. This is my opinion. It is possible for miscreants to apply NOV's signature, and drag down the quality of discussion, and then claim victory and these are the ones predominant in HUB now.

4) If and when this balance changes, I might be attracted again to post here. Until then, thanks to all the named and unnamed posters who have given me a lot of pleasure for over 14 years now in this forum. This was a great place to be. Hope it becomes a great place to be again in future.

Thanks in particular to the moderators RR, NOV, P_R and LM who have been even handed, fair and tolerant even of my stretching their limits of patience. They have done well - I just wish them more worthy participatns in future than they have now. They deserve better.
Goodbye and thanks for all the fish!

kid-glove
4th July 2012, 03:21 PM
Good luck with the other good persuasions in life. Do visit when you're utterly bored. If not by posts, do PM, keep in touch (not in a dry real-life way, but in a more exciting virtual sense). I look forward to your thoughts. You will be utterly missed here.

kid-glove
4th July 2012, 03:34 PM
I understand a lot of what you are saying, but I find discussions here to be pointless and immesurably shrinked in context of larger things. I might have sounded darn serious before. But things have changed. They found a giant sized tumor in my rectum.

venkkiram
4th July 2012, 04:34 PM
Been away for a week. I find it necessary to clarify some misconceptions before moving on.
1) rajarammsgi's "ivaraiyum thorathittingaLA" is a gross misrepresentation. From the tone and context, I presume he is pointing to the supposed fanatics here who have chased away mohanraja etc. However, the "ivaraiyum" in this context is misleading. Because, the only others who have been chased away recently are myself and V_S. And WE HAVENT BEEN CHASED AWAY BY THE SO CALLED FANATICS HERE but very much their antagonists.
I guess rajarammsgi's statement includes mottai dhasan too. rajarammsgi can confirm.

mohanraja
4th July 2012, 05:46 PM
பொதுவாக ராஜாவின் ரசிகர்களில் அவரைப் பற்றிய தேடலில் உச்சம் அடைந்த பிறகு அவர் மீதான சமீபத்திய குற்றசாட்டுகள் குறைகள் பற்றி அக்கறை கொள்பவர்கள் மிகக் குறைவு. அந்த மனிதனின் திறமைக்கு இது சான்று எடுத்துக்கொள்ளலாம். அதே போல் பல தரப்பு ரசிகர்கள் உண்டு. ஸ்பீல்பெர்க் படங்களுக்கு இன்றும் ஜான் வில்லியம்ஸ் இசை அமைப்பதும் பல வருடங்களாக மிகச் சிறப்பாக என்னியோ மோரிகோன் இசை அமைத்து வருவதையும் போல் ராஜாவும் வளமான தனது இசைப் பாணியுடன் இசை அமைக்க வேண்டும். அவரை இன்றைய திரையுலகம் இன்னும் நன்றாகப் பயன்படுத்திக் கொள்ளவேண்டும் என்ற எளிய ஆனால் பேராசையைக் கொண்ட பாமர இசை ரசிகர்களில் நானும் ஒருவன். எனவே இன்னும் புதிதாக தெரிந்து கொள்ள இருக்கிறதா என்று 'சிலருக்கு எரிச்சலூட்டும்' இந்தத் திரிக்கு பல வருடங்களாக வருகிறேன்.
உங்களிடம் இருந்து இன்னும் செய்திகள் எதிர்பார்த்து தான் இன்றும் வந்தேன். ராஜா தான் என் வாழ்க்கையில் புதிய நண்பர்கள் பலரைத் தந்தார் என்பதால் ..எனக்கு இதுவும் ஒரு அனுபவம் தான்.

irir123
4th July 2012, 08:34 PM
comeon guys - lets bring the focus back to music - but for music, none of would even be here in the first place!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwmkTWJndC0

'Thunder rolls' by country music artist Garth Brook - the opening (prelude ?) chords sound somewhat similar to the prelude of 'senthoorappoove' from' 16 vayathinile' - perhaps a good example of how IR has integrated western classical music chords system into tamil/indian folk and still make the WCM chords sound folkish and vice-versa! that i think is what we call the IR genre!

and also, in anticipation of NEPV, efforts are on to get as much exposure in the jazz/pop music world for the same - doing my best to get the groundwork/foundation laid - already the reviewers of IR's music in the jazz and film music sites here in the US have been alerted to NEPV having instrumental pieces (they made it very clear that they will not review albums that dont have soundtracks like they do here in Hollywood) - so fingers crossed!

a movie and music journal (specialising exclusively on how music is composed for moving images) has replied (so far) in the positive abt reviewing IR's works for HEY RAM, NAYAGAN, PAZHASSI RAAJA and NANDALALA - personally, am excited coz, this journal is not one of those read only by music faculty makkals - this journal is read by music faculty as well as regular composers in the classical mould and in the film industry! long for the day, when one Mr. John Williams will raise his eyebrows after reading abt IR's 'wagnerian' trumpet in HEY RAM!

Sureshs65
4th July 2012, 09:42 PM
irir123,

Superb. This is what was required here. Something to do to promote Raja to a larger audience. I know your passion well and I am very certain that you will succeed. Needless to say, any help from my side, feel free to ask.

The reviews of the 'Solla Solla', 'Fire Star' and the Chitra album were also very nice. It is good that these people are looking at Raja's music as 'alternate music' and are able to decompose the music as per their taste and still like it, though Raja predominantly composed for a Tamil audience and their sensibilities. Thalaivar lateA vandhaalum, unga maadhiri aatkalaala latestA varuvaaru.

irir123
4th July 2012, 09:52 PM
Sureshs65 - nandri hai!

aanaa, intha GVM yaen NEPV patthi onnumey sollaama ipdi imsai paduthaaraaru ??

if by any remote chance, if he ends up dropping this - some of us might become 'thuravis'! no response from SONY, or GVM on their respective tweets, no announcements either!

but he is promptly announcing new projects!!

as it is, NEPV's shoot was 50% plus done when he even approached IR, right ?? plus, does this film need SFX like Viswaroopam ?? why so much time for post-production ? and even then, why this delay and silence abt the audio release ?

irir123
4th July 2012, 09:53 PM
anticipation buildup kooda, appappa yedhavadhu release panna vendaam (however annoying they might be) ?!

jaiganes
4th July 2012, 09:59 PM
I agree with Venki to a certain extent. I find Rita to have done a very decent job of 'kaathiruppen'. (I don't know why Baradwaj Rangan didn't like the voice!!!) And the song in 'Mayilu' is quite well done by her. Her urban style does come through in the 'Mayilu' song, which probably Janaki would have nailed perfectly, but to be fair Rita isn't too bad. And isn't she the one who 'unnai patri sonnal'? Again a job well done. Ofcourse, if you are comparing with legends like PS, SJ or KSC, then they may not reach those standards. But if you remove the comparison from you mind, she has been a decent job. So let us give credit to that.

I have had my problems with Tippu's voice in many songs and also his singing style but what he did in 'SreeRamaRajyam' was amazing. 'kalaya nijama' is something no one can complain about. I mean, in an album dominated by SPB and Shreya, Tippu's song stands on its own equivalent to any other song and his singing cannot be faulted here. He does a good job in the 'Thandavakone' and the 'Ayyan' song as well. I somehow don't like much of the youth / kuthu songs he did but surprising like his sings in songs which are more emotional in nature. I know that Jai has likened him to a modern day Malaysia Vasudevan, if I am not mistaken.
For me Thippu sealed his place in Raja's studio with "idhu varai naan oru pazhaya manidhan" in konji pesalaam (anyone care to remember - including raaja's advisors on public speech and humility?) . true he has been given some pedestrian tunes and awkward situations by raaja - but that doesnt make him a bad singer. first of all ppl ought to come out of the "nostalgia" about chitra-spb-sj-mv-ps days. because raaja has moved on and many here need to move on - if it is to a different composer - it is OK - instead of "ennaathaa paadi ennaatha kaettu".

jaiganes
4th July 2012, 10:07 PM
பொதுவாக ராஜாவின் ரசிகர்களில் அவரைப் பற்றிய தேடலில் உச்சம் அடைந்த பிறகு அவர் மீதான சமீபத்திய குற்றசாட்டுகள் குறைகள் பற்றி அக்கறை கொள்பவர்கள் மிகக் குறைவு. அந்த மனிதனின் திறமைக்கு இது சான்று எடுத்துக்கொள்ளலாம். அதே போல் பல தரப்பு ரசிகர்கள் உண்டு. ஸ்பீல்பெர்க் படங்களுக்கு இன்றும் ஜான் வில்லியம்ஸ் இசை அமைப்பதும் பல வருடங்களாக மிகச் சிறப்பாக என்னியோ மோரிகோன் இசை அமைத்து வருவதையும் போல் ராஜாவும் வளமான தனது இசைப் பாணியுடன் இசை அமைக்க வேண்டும். அவரை இன்றைய திரையுலகம் இன்னும் நன்றாகப் பயன்படுத்திக் கொள்ளவேண்டும் என்ற எளிய ஆனால் பேராசையைக் கொண்ட பாமர இசை ரசிகர்களில் நானும் ஒருவன். எனவே இன்னும் புதிதாக தெரிந்து கொள்ள இருக்கிறதா என்று 'சிலருக்கு எரிச்சலூட்டும்' இந்தத் திரிக்கு பல வருடங்களாக வருகிறேன்.
உங்களிடம் இருந்து இன்னும் செய்திகள் எதிர்பார்த்து தான் இன்றும் வந்தேன். ராஜா தான் என் வாழ்க்கையில் புதிய நண்பர்கள் பலரைத் தந்தார் என்பதால் ..எனக்கு இதுவும் ஒரு அனுபவம் தான்.
ungal edhirpaarppai solvadhil thavrondrum illai - aanaal thevai illaamal - raajavin "oyndhu ozindha Kaalam" idhu endru kudharkamaana sol prayogam seidhaal adharkku "erichchalaana" badhilayum neenga edhirpaarkka vendum. adharku mael enakku ungaLidam solvadharku edhuvum illai.

jaiganes
4th July 2012, 10:09 PM
I understand a lot of what you are saying, but I find discussions here to be pointless and immesurably shrinked in context of larger things. I might have sounded darn serious before. But things have changed. They found a giant sized tumor in my rectum.
i feel that quitting is never a solution. if this is the right decision, then raaja should have quit much before (like his advisors are telling now).

Sureshs65
4th July 2012, 10:09 PM
irir123,

Heard from a person yesterday that the audio rights were sold for 1.8cr and that GVM has taken all the tunes Raja had composed (alternate tunes for same situation) saying that he wants to use all of them in the movie. He also said that a person known to him heard the full 'Saindhu Saindhu' and was pissed with GVM because the charanams are supposed to be terrific. I don't think this will be dropped. GVM being a good businessman will try to extract maximum mileage. My feeling is something is happening and we will probably get to hear about the music soon.

Sureshs65
4th July 2012, 10:11 PM
Jai,

Well said. Singers have changed now and no use saying 'Oh, SOB is missed' and all. Ofcourse there is none in the new gen who happen to have a stature or talent to maych SPB but as you said thing have moved along and so has Raja. The surprising part is that Raja seems to be more ready to move forward than us fans :) Whether it be the synth or the choice of singers.

irir123
4th July 2012, 10:18 PM
Sureshs65 - you poured milk n honey in my tummy! danke, dhanyavadh, shukhriyaa!

aanaa namma aalu oru situationukku 10 tune podara aalaachhey!! eppadi GVM took all the tunes and gonna use them in the film ?? enakku therinju, 'saantha chakkubhai', 'aayiram thalai vangiya aboorva sigamani' - indha madhiri padangal had 30 plus songs and the movies had 3-4 intervals! and makkals found time to watch them in touring talkies!!

Sureshs65
4th July 2012, 10:23 PM
irir123.

:) I don't think Raja would have composed the full songs. Maybe only the pallavi lines would be used by him in the movie.

kiru
5th July 2012, 12:16 AM
irir123,

Heard from a person yesterday that the audio rights were sold for 1.8cr ....
awesome..what is the going rate for movies..like GVM's ? Maybe the other tunes will be sold as ringtones :-(

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
5th July 2012, 02:17 PM
~Video~ Maestro at Ramanashram Lucky are those who sang along with Sir!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shrrRXOnBxk

http://www.sriramanamaharshi.org/photos/cowlakshmi2012/images/015.JPG

http://www.sriramanamaharshi.org/photos/cowlakshmi2012/images/010.jpg

Btw, கூட்டத்தோட கூட்டமா தான் நிற்கிரார்! திரி தப்பிச்சுதுடா சாமீ :lol:

jaiganes
5th July 2012, 07:49 PM
irir123,

Heard from a person yesterday that the audio rights were sold for 1.8cr and that GVM has taken all the tunes Raja had composed (alternate tunes for same situation) saying that he wants to use all of them in the movie. He also said that a person known to him heard the full 'Saindhu Saindhu' and was pissed with GVM because the charanams are supposed to be terrific. I don't think this will be dropped. GVM being a good businessman will try to extract maximum mileage. My feeling is something is happening and we will probably get to hear about the music soon.
idhukku enna arththam?

raja_fan
5th July 2012, 08:10 PM
idhukku enna arththam?

Adhukku enna arththam enraal : Suresh has just copy-pasted the info written in some another forum :)

The real meaning was ( as I also follow the same "another forum" ) : that person felt why GVM did not release the full song as teaser ( when it has such a nice charanam ).