PDA

View Full Version : Maestro ilaiyaraaja news & titbits

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

baroque
8th June 2012, 08:32 PM
even so, it doesn't feel right for me.

He could have told in a general manner.

'INDHA VARUSHAM AWARDS VANGINA ELLARUKKUM VAAZHTHUKKUL!'

appadinnu poyirundha nalla erundhu erukkum.

regular people like me, we don't follow every little thing,

indecent aa dhaan thonum!:(

prasad_subbu
8th June 2012, 09:12 PM
Raja_fan,

Our thoughts are similar in what you feel about his talk. I also tried in similar lines, but could not sum it up beautifully as you did.

But at the same time, I feel he did not get due recognition he deserves in music department. People say he do not care for award and all. But I feel he will have a let down feeling that his talent was not recognised properly. I think that would be feeling of anybody who followed IR's work for long time. May be it manifests differently while he talks.

Anyways, I do not want to be Raja Bhakthar who appreciates and find substatiantion for what all he talks and do. I want to his true music fan as he has given so many songs which are close to my heart.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
8th June 2012, 09:24 PM
The very purpose of reporters asking the kostin is to get Vambu. Ithu mattum Raja_fan kku thappaa theriyaathu!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
8th June 2012, 09:25 PM
Iam Seeing this site 1st time -> http://www.ilayaraja.co.in/movies.html

It lists 821 films(guess no repeats and the last film it lists is Yeto Vellipoyindi Manasu!)

rooky
8th June 2012, 09:40 PM
He is not a politician and he talks what he thinks (same way he does music). Need to respect him for that. Let us not try to teach him "DOs and Don'ts".

baroque
8th June 2012, 09:42 PM
Let us bring Kamal and forget the unfortunate Q&A Ir session...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuFvZ0x2GO8&feature=related

KAMAL-ILAYARAJA :musicsmile:

kiru
8th June 2012, 09:58 PM
I think IR is not arrogant, just does not know to communicate diplomatically. There are very many people who are arrogant, think too highly of themselves but because of their communication have a humble image. Even if he is arrogant, thinks he is a philosopher, writer or what not. I have zero problems. If you cannot digest it and affects your musical choices so be it. As KV (?) suggested, read the biographies of other high-achievers. He is not an "ordinary" guy with "ordinary" mind. He is in a different plane. Our standards of humility or modesty do not apply. Are we going to throw away e=mc ** 2 or Mozarts' symphonies or even throw Steve Job's products out from your pocket because of their personalities ?
I think talking about IR's personality is like talking about actors/actresses personal relationships.. No real value.

kameshratnam
8th June 2012, 11:05 PM
I have spoken to many people who have been close to the genius and all of them have only 1 thing to say......Listen to his music and be happy :) if we dig more into the human side then we will get more surprises and SHOCKS

thanks

kameshratnam
8th June 2012, 11:10 PM
Some face changing events in IR's public appearances

1. As someone quoted : Can this song be included in a vijays movie? SAC's face did change and sadly he could not react

2. HTNI live chennai : Yuvan, did u know thyagaraja swami composed many of this songs before he was 27 years old...this showed in yuvans body language when he came to sing.

How many of us had our fingers crossed when IR attended the oscar felicitation ceremony for ARR and even there he did not talk to the point

kiru
8th June 2012, 11:25 PM
BTW, I am not surprised by some of the criticisms of IR's handling of people or communications. I am pretty sure, even my close friends or relatives would have the same reaction. I suspect it is a cultural issue. In Indian culture, we expect everybody to conform to certain stereotypes. Though I am one who is proud of this culture, I am not sure certain aspects of our culture are good. One thing, I have read and subscribe to is - our society is able to produce good talent, but unable to identify and nurture extraordinary talents. In the US, inspite of the controversary over IQ measurements, the school system even today runs some tests likes this (COGAT) and sorts/separates students for special coaching. For that matter, even within the same grade/school, some students are put in to "advanced" programs. I think our expectations of behavior/stereotypes are clouding our identification of these "high-achievers" (not just lack of testing). For eg, when in college, one of my classmates used to sit at the front benches and bombard the lecturers with lots of questions. A particular lecturer thought he was arrogant and testing her. But in actuality, he was a very good student and really interested in learning the stuff (while some of us ignored the lessons or never took notes). He is Venture Capitalist in the US now, after being at C level in 2 or 3 companies and now has a holding company just for his enormous number of patents.
IR probably would have been the humblest artiste in Hollywood if he had been born in the US :-)

prasad_subbu
8th June 2012, 11:59 PM
Kiru,

I agree with your statement as far as boasting is concerned no body can beat Americans. But the incidences coated here was demeaning other person(In case comment about vijay's movie). That I don't hear people doing in Holywood.

We will not throw away Steve Jobs products, or einsteins mass energy relation due to their personalities. But people do write bad about Steve Jobs personalities. He is not apart from criticism as he is a genius. As long as he do not hurt others with his ego, it is fine.

By the way, even IR haters can't do away with his music. As Kamal put it rightly, "Indha aal kittendhu enga ponallum Thappika Mudiyathu. Verai composer vettileyum photola perussa Nippar".

It is all a package. Good and Not so Good together.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
9th June 2012, 12:32 AM
Kamesh, I remember our lengthy talks during our meets, and especially remember what and all you told at that meeting. I wanted to tell u some misunderstandings of yours at that time itself. But as we discussed a lot, somehow I could not. But now, after seeing ur post, i wanted to point out the blunders in ur thought about IR's character. Actually this will serve for many ppl who misunderstand IR

1. Vijay padathukku intha song poda mudiyumaa? He was trying to say these kind of situations doesn't exist in Vijay films, then he included Ajith's name too. We shud take this lightly, actually there is nothing wrong or insulting Vijay. Do vijay and Ajith are acting in Sankaraabaranam kind of movies? They are youth icons and thats what they want. At most they want movies like Gilli, Billa and great BO collections. Both their past and the upcoming movies are of this type no? Whats arrogant on IR's part and what is insult on Vijay and Ajith films? IR too has did masala films but now he is in more pristine state that even if he does, ppl won't like that act.

2. HTNI Live, Yuvan, Thiyagarajar:- Yeppaa! that was a nice kindal and nothing insulting yuvan! He was meaning that Thiyagarajar composed for youth and a youth MD like yuvan shud listen to Thiagarajar. Clearly understand IR talks about the age of audience of Thiagaraja and NOT Tiyagarajar SwamigaL's age, while he composed.

3. IR's talk at ARR Felicitation function:-
a) Thanga Greedame podalaam avLo thaguthi irukku
b) He kept ARR in same pedastal as him -> MSV is aathaara Shruti and He and ARR being Panjamam and Shadjamam respectively, see he is not including any other MDs there, and saying ALL other MDs and musicians are "Athan mel ezhuntha sapthaswarangaL". (note he is keeping likes of decent MDs like Vidyasagar along with instrument players!)

4. Asking high salary to avoid an Director:- This is nothing wrong. this is similar to some MDs staying inside Recording theatre and letting his helpers tell the visitors "Aiyaa oorla illai" and even refusing chances to them

5. Getting angry about other MDs getting chances:- Suppose if an MD gets too angry inside, but not shows that to outside world, nothing wrong. Its totally his personal thing. Kobathula enna venaa pannattum, cinema la varra maathiri instruments cassettes ellaam thookki pottu udaikkurathu, burning his score sheets, etc. Nothing wrong for outsiders man! Veetla pondaatti kovathula celphone thookki pottu udaikkurathillaiyaa?!? Appuram samaathaanam aagurathillaiyaa?

6. About both IR and ARR getting Padma Bhushan same time:- In one way the good thing in this is, the world came to know that IR doesn't do any politics and he is always kept in general quotta and even IR has influence, he don't use thakkal or VIP quota to get awards!

That apart, it is a blunder of the Indian Govt to club IR with other MDs. Any MDs be it, we know IR's calibre, thats all! He is not you and me! And he didn't even become anger. In reality he won't like this clubbing. So reporters know this and Wantedly ask "Saar ungalukkum avarukkum ore nerathula kuduthathu pathi enna nenaikkureenga?" If he said "I wish ARR the best luck" it wud be the fakeiest answer in the world. At same time he could not show the anger on Govt openly., So a true man, he said "Why shud I feel for him?" That is a good escape teknik actually :lol: Smart answer man! He clearly added" Whatever I wanted to say about ARR I already said in the felit.function" What more you expect?!?

6. MSV Felicitation Event:- I said this before itself . A function happened to felicitate both MSV and Ramamoorthy Sir, that time ARR hadn't got Oscars. Raja in his speech said " En uyarvu IvargaLin uyarvu, Rahmaanin uyarvu ivargaLin uyarvu". See his magnanity man!
a) He acknowledges ARR's uyarvu!(You guys need spoonfeed, so! :lol2 )
b) He means that Rahman's uyarvu is such a great rise that it deserves to be attributed to MSV & Ramamoorthy's porpaathangkaL, as equal as how IR puts his growth on their porpaathangkaL!

In TFM, at time, even Deva experienced uyarvu! he was continuously composing for Kamal/Rajini. But its Rahman's growth he considers as a great thing such that he takes rahman along with him and says to the world that we both are proudful sishyaas of Mellisai Mannars, thus lifting Rahman on a high pedestal!

All this after nobody asking IR! He cud have gladly skipped talking about about Rahman at all. who can force him?!?!?

Note1:- When Raja praises Rahman, keeps him in same pedestal, (EngaL uyarvu Mellisai mannargal's uyarvu) (Annan aathaara shruti, NaangaL Panjamam Shadjamam) It don't mean that Raja is keeping Rahman as his equal peer. Just that IR has no issues in agreeing Rahman as one of the great composers, thats all!

Note2: I am not belittling Deva, just saying that he is not as big as Rahman or so. Even Deva fans would agree :)

7. Directors Function:- Though there is no complaint on Raja regarding this event, just wanted to say how honest Raja was! The directors function where Raja and Bharathiraja were let on stage to speak. Raja who is noted as an arrogant guy, actually 1st started nicely, he remembered an incident where both rajas met and composed. After this, Barathiraja asked Do you remember our 1st meet. Then he said that Ithai kooda gnaabagam vechikaathavan eppadi uyir nanbanaa iruppaan? This is perfect open seendal! And now, ppl say Raja is arrogant! As if that is not enuf, this Barathiraja oLarified on stage that he is a guy as honest as Rajini! Punnaakku! Nee nermaiyaanavanaannu makkal sollanumdaa, nee illa! (sorry guys for that singularity)

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
9th June 2012, 12:49 AM
All this Steve Jobs, Einstin et all were arrogant too. When? Even after the world had agreed and showered praise that they are Masters, Genius and Pinoeers of whatever they are into? Did our country, its govt, ppl, agree to the right extent, the genius of Raja? First athai pannuvom man! appuram Raja vai kurai solluvom. He is a man whom even Kamal haasan who don't bend for anybody, bows for the talent and even says he is his god! Its same baarathiyaar's principle "Arive Theivam" He is such a talent.

See the arrogance of Vikatan, Most of the TV channels except Raj/Jaya, and Magazines. What these ppl do? Had vikatan anytime wrote an analysis on the genius of Raja? does the CMs of TamilNadu do some great respect openly for Raja?!? Did Indian Govt respect him to the right extent? Does the Music colleges in India analyze his works? As the seniors didn't do the needful, today the juniors are not realizing the greatness of Raja. If you go to opposite camp and provoke them, see what they speak, Suppose if they say about the less offers and commercial position of Raja, even that can be let off. But man some ppl talk about his talent. There are ppl who think "Raja is just another olden days MD who composes tunes in aarmoniya petti, just that Raja has done some extra films, thats all".

Did anybody rectify all this? Nothing! But we expect Raja to be so low profile, so sweet and respond to any question they ask, IN A WAY YOU EXPECT!

Even the event where Raja and ARR got awards same time, isn't it the blunderous mistake of the stupid idiot reporter who asked "What do u think about u getting award along with Rahman" appo thaane ethaachum vambu varum? bleddy fellows.

Avana nirutha sollunga Raja sir niruthuvaaru! (appo kooda avasiyam illai, becos IMHO his behavior is almost perfect now itself! As I said before itself, not only by his musical talent, even in integrity too, he is like God! Avaroda Nermai Sutterikkum Nermai! Namma ellaam biskothu pasanga, leading plastic life!

prasad_subbu
9th June 2012, 01:02 AM
Sakala,

Summa vittu velyadi irrukeenga. For same vijay movies IR gave good music in past.(Kaadalukku mariyadai, Friends etc). You may say that is Fassil movie. Vijay is not an incapable actor. He just choose to take safe route for success these days.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
9th June 2012, 01:19 AM
Vikatan is one of the worse magazine in this thing! Bleddy they were in support of avaaL's kacheri culture and were too much refraining from agreeing/acknowledging Raja's talent!

1. There was not even one word about music in Raja's 1st film AnnakkiLi

2. In Moonraam pirai review, these morons didn't say one word abt music and instead praise raja for leaving the BGM silent at some places :banghead:

3. Same in Naayagan which is Ir's 400th film review no word about music.

4. As if this was not enuf, every time they interview Raja, stupids they ask why Raja is very egositic, arrogant. As they cannot put it openly, they will ask indirectly

5. We know the musical geniusness of Raja, in these almost 40 years, there was not once a series article on Raja's music. But instead they ran a series for his photography and the poems he wrote for it! Idiots, leave what is Raja famous for, and needlessly highlight other areas which, most of them are not at all gonna remember

app_engine
9th June 2012, 01:45 AM
pammalar sir has posted a treasure in the memories thread - that is rAsA's interview to pEsum padam (primary cinema magazine those days) Nov 1976 issue.

That appeared sudachchuda at the time of annakkiLi silver jubilee!

Those are scanned images of the old mag! I'll try to type it and konjam konjamA reproduce in this thread :-)

mikka nanRi pammalar sir! Also, nanRi to pEsum padam mag!

Let me start...

app_engine
9th June 2012, 01:46 AM
பேசும் படம் (நவம்பர் 1976) நேர் காணல்

அன்னக்கிளி தந்த இளையராஜா

இந்த ஆண்டு இது வரை வெளிவந்த படங்களிலேயே நூறு நாட்களைத் தாண்டி, வெள்ளி விழாக் கொண்டாடும் ஒரே படம் 'அன்னக்கிளி'. ஒரு சாதாரண கருப்பு வெள்ளைப்படம் ஏனைய கலர்ப்படங்களை எல்லாம் மீறி வெற்றி வாகை சூடிக்கொண்டது. அதன் வெற்றிக்குரிய பல காரணங்களில் ஒன்று இளையராஜாவின் இனிமையான இசை. இன்று நகர வீதிகளிலும், பட்டிதொட்டிகளிலும் 'அன்னக்கிளி' படப்பாடல்கள் எங்கு நோக்கினும் ரீங்காரமிடுகின்றன.

திரையுலகில் இசையமைப்பாளர்கள் அறிமுகமாவது அபூர்வம். அப்படியே அறிமுகமானவர்களில் பலருக்கு தொடர்ந்தாற்போன்ற வாய்ப்புகளும் கிடைத்ததில்லை. ஆனால் இளையராஜா அறிமுகமான முதல் படத்தின் மூலமாகவே, இது வரை வேறு எந்த இசையமைப்பாளரும் பெற்றிடாத வரவேற்பைப்பெற்றார். 'அன்னக்கிளி'யின் பாடல்கள் கேட்டோர் மனத்தைக் கிறங்க வைக்கின்றன.

ஒவ்வொரு துறையிலும் திறமைசாலிகள் இருக்கத்தான் செய்கிறார்கள். ஆனால் அதைப் பலரின் மத்தியில் வெளிப்படுத்திக் காண்பிக்கும் போதுதான் அவர்களின் திறமை நமக்குத்தெரிய வருகிறது. அந்த வகையில் பார்க்கும்போது இளையராஜாவை விட பஞ்சு அருணாசலம் பாராட்டுக்குரியவர். காரணம் - இளையராஜாவின் திறனறிந்து தக்க தருணத்தில் பயன்படுத்தி அவரை வெளியுலகுக்கும் தெரியும் படிச்செய்தாரே, அதனால் தான்! ஒரு திறமைமிக்க இசையமைப்பாளரை தமிழ்த் திரையுலகுக்கு நல்கிட்ட பெருமை கதாசிரியர் பஞ்சு அருணாசலத்தையே சாரும்.

பெயரில் மட்டுமல்ல, வயதிலும் உருவத்திலும் இளையவரான இளையராஜாவை சமீபத்தில் சந்தித்தேன். அவருடன் அவருடைய சகோதரர்கள் பாஸ்கரும், அமர்சிங்கும் வந்திருந்தனர்.

...to be continued...

app_engine
9th June 2012, 01:57 AM
Look, the above portion clearly authenticates many things that we have been harping about in the hub.

- Raja's first movie was such an outstanding success, silver jubilee, and everyone acknowledged music as a main factor for that B&W movie's success right then!

i.e. The acknowledgement was not many years after, when Raja had a huge fan following.

Also, this success was against all odds.

Namely, no MGR-Sivaji as hero. No color. No big budget. Devaraj-Mohan were not a star director pair - like KB / Sridhar. Not a masAlA. Not a city-shiny-story but a village story. (I have still not seen this movie).

app_engine
9th June 2012, 02:02 AM
But the more interesting portion there is the setting for the interview.

It says, " அவருடன் அவருடைய சகோதரர்கள் பாஸ்கரும், அமர்சிங்கும் வந்திருந்தனர்.".

Means, the brothers went to meet the nirubar (possibly not in a great place to live yet, no office etc).

Note this and more as we walk thru the interview (and perhaps talk about humility-kilo-enna-vilai after that :-) )

V_S
9th June 2012, 02:08 AM
sakala :notworthy: :clap: Nach! Agree word by word. I can feel the pain and disappointment in your posts. Definitely, many (as a fan) do not feel/analyse/understand how much pain Raja would have undergone all these years, instead they feel Raja didn't behave as per their idioms/rules. If they would have posted their concern (the other side of it) as Sakala pointed out, then we can understand their frustration. I mean, if they have expressed their happiness when Raja had talked nicely as per their rules, and also expressed their concerns, when Raja didn't get his deserved credit, then we can understand their love to this pity genius. Kurai mattumE sollikondirunthaal, it does not look right. On top of this, they take claim/pride in saying we are 'IR bashers'. Why do we want to classify ourselves like this, if we have so much good things to talk about Raja and his music and nullify our claim. If we are showing so much interest to post/acknowledge bad (even if it is true) about him, why not show the same interest in analyzing his music or atleast post your enjoyments when you listen to his music, so that everyone can enjoy your feelings. Is it too difficult?

rajaramsgi
9th June 2012, 02:09 AM
Punnaakku! Nee nermaiyaanavanaannu makkal sollanumdaa, nee illa! (sorry guys for that singularity)

என்ன சகலா...சடார்னு கோவ பட்டுட்டீங்க? பட், நெஜமா நல்ல பாய்ண்ட்ஸ்.

ராஜா சாரோட நேர்மை, திறமை இதிலெல்லாம் யாருக்கும் இங்கே சந்தேகம் இல்லை. என்ன, அப்பப்போ பேசும் போது, ஒன்னு கோவம் ஜாஸ்தியா வருது இல்லைன்னா தத்துவார்த்தமா பேசி, நம்ம மூஞ்சிய சுளிக்க வெக்கராரேன்னு தோணுது அவ்ளோ தான்.

app_engine
9th June 2012, 02:15 AM
continuing the pEsum padam 1976 interview...

"இசைத்துறையில் தாங்கள் பிரவேசிக்கக் காரணம் என்ன? அதற்கு யார் உறுதுணையாக இருந்தார்கள்" என்று கேட்டேன்.

"மதுரை மாவட்டத்தைச் சேர்ந்த பண்ணைப்புரம் தான் என் சொந்த ஊர். என்னுடைய அண்ணன் பாவலர் வரதராசன் ஒரு மெல்லிசைக்குழு வைத்திருந்தார். அக்குழுவில் நான் பாடுவேன். சிறிது காலம் செல்லவும் நண்பர் பொதும்பு முருகன் மூலமாக ஒ.ஏ.கே.தேவரிடம் அறிமுகமானேன். நாடகங்களுக்கு இசையமைக்கத் துவங்கினேன். தொடர்ந்து சுருளிராஜன் தேங்காய் சீனிவாசன் நடித்த நாடகங்களுக்கு இசையமைக்கும் வாய்ப்பு கிடைத்தது."

"நண்பர்கள் பாரதிராஜ், செல்வராஜ் இருவரின் அன்பும், உற்சாகமும் எனக்குப்பெரிதும் உதவின. செல்வராஜ் தான் என்னை பஞ்சு அண்ணனிடம் அழைத்துச் சென்று அறிமுகப்படுத்தினார். அதன் பயனாகத்தான் 'அன்னக்கிளி' படத்துக்கு இசையமைப்பாளராகப் பணிபுரியம் பெரும் வாய்ப்பு எனக்குக்கிடைத்தது" - இளையராஜா தான் இந்தத்துறைக்கு வந்த விவரத்தைக் கோடிட்டுக் காண்பித்தார்.

app_engine
9th June 2012, 02:16 AM
BR's name, at the time of this interview is quite interesting - Bharathi Raj :-)

IMG he modified it to rAjA due to the success of another rAjA :wink:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
9th June 2012, 02:39 AM
BaarathiRaj is Ok, but Amar Singh?! Oru veLa chennaila, Pannaipurathaan nu solrathai vida, North Indian nnu sonnaa respett & job ethaachum kedaikkum grathaalayaa? :lol:

app_engine
9th June 2012, 02:47 AM
"முதன் முதலில் தாங்கள் பதிவு செய்த பாடல் எது? அன்று தங்களுக்கு ஏற்பட்ட அனுபவம் என்ன?" என்று கேட்டது தான் தாமதம்.

" 'அன்னக்கிளி உன்னைத்தேடுதே' என்ற பாடலைத்தான் முதன் முதலில் ரிக்கார்ட் செய்தோம். இப்பாடலை லதா மங்கேஷ்கரைப் பாடச்செய்வதாக திட்டமிட்டிருந்தனர். சில காரணங்களால் முடியாது போகவே ஜானகி அவர்கள் பாடினார்கள். ஒரு கல்யாண மண்டபத்தில் ஏற்கனவே இப்பாடலுக்கான ஒத்திகை முடித்து விட்டேன். ஏ. வி. எம்-மில் தான் இப்பாடல் ரிக்கார்டிங் செய்யப்பட்டது. முதல் நாள் ரிக்கார்டிங் பூஜை முடிந்தது. திடீரென்று எல்லா விளக்குகளும் அணைந்து விட்டன. 'நல்ல சகுனம்' என்று ஒருவர் கிண்டலாகக் கூறியது என் காதில் விழுந்தது. முதல் நாளும் அதுவுமாக இப்படி விளக்குகள் அணைந்து விட்டதே என்ற வேதனையில் ரிக்கார்டிங் தியேட்டரை விட்டு வெளியே வந்து விட்டேன். டைரக்டர் மாதவன் அவர்கள் வேறு ஒரு பூஜைக்குச் சென்று விட்டு அங்கு வந்தார். சோர்ந்து போயிருந்த எனக்கு அன்போடு பிரசாதத்தைக் கொடுத்தார்.

"சிறிது நேரம் சென்றிருக்கும். கரென்ட் வந்துவிட்டது. அணைந்திருந்த விளக்குகள் ஒளி வெள்ளம் பாய்ச்சின. முதல் டேக் ரிக்கார்ட் ஆகவில்லை. மீண்டும் சோதனை. பிறகு தான் 'அன்னக்கிளி உன்னைத்தேடுதே' பாடல் பதிவு செய்யப்பட்டது. இன்று அந்தப்பாடலைக் கேட்டுப் பலரும் பாராட்டுகிறார்கள். ஆனால் அந்தப்பாடலை நான் கேட்கும் போதெல்லாம் எனக்கு அன்று நடந்த சோதனைகள் தான் நினைவிற்கு வருகின்றன."

- சோதனைக்கு வித்திட்ட அந்தப்பாடல் தான் இன்று இசைத்தட்டு விற்பனையில் பெரும் சாதனையை ஏற்படுத்தி இருக்கிறது.

app_engine
9th June 2012, 02:49 AM
BaarathiRaj is Ok, but Amar Singh?! Oru veLa chennaila, Pannaipurathaan nu solrathai vida, North Indian nnu sonnaa respett & job ethaachum kedaikkum grathaalayaa? :lol:

You may be surprised but in Madurai & South, it's not unusual to see people with names having Singh suffix. (That is parent given names).

One of my mom's uncles named four out of five of his sons , with singh suffix! (Not posting their names here for privacy's sake).

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
9th June 2012, 02:49 AM
என்ன சகலா...சடார்னு கோவ பட்டுட்டீங்க? பட், நெஜமா நல்ல பாய்ண்ட்ஸ்.

ராஜா சாரோட நேர்மை, திறமை இதிலெல்லாம் யாருக்கும் இங்கே சந்தேகம் இல்லை. என்ன, அப்பப்போ பேசும் போது, ஒன்னு கோவம் ஜாஸ்தியா வருது இல்லைன்னா தத்துவார்த்தமா பேசி, நம்ம மூஞ்சிய சுளிக்க வெக்கராரேன்னு தோணுது அவ்ளோ தான்.

கோபம்/திமிர் இதெல்லாம் நல்லவனுக்கு வேலி! அது இல்லைன்னா மேஞ்சிருவாங்க! (thanks Kamal dialog in MMA) இப்பவே இப்படின்னா இழுத்த இழுப்புக்கெல்லாம் போனா என்ன கதி பண்ணிடுவாங்க?

கோபம் வராத மாதிரி கேள்வி கேளுங்க! "ராகம், மெட்டு என்ன வித்யாசம்?" கொய்யால இதென்ன பாட்டு கிளாசா? அப்புறம், "உங்க ரெண்டு பேத்துக்கும் ஒரே சமயம் விருது தர்றது பத்தி?" இப்படி கேட்டா கோவம் வராதா! நியாயமா இதுக்கு அவர் ரொம்ப பொறுமையாவே பதில் சொல்லிருக்கார். "அரசாங்கத்துக்கு என் அருமை அவ்ளோ தான் புரிஞ்சிருக்குன்னா அதுக்கு நான் என்ன செய்யுறது?" இப்படி குட சொல்லி இருக்கலாம். ஆனால் சொல்லலை.

அப்புறம் இந்த கேடுகெட்ட நிருபப்பசங்க எதுக்கு "இப்ப இருக்குற இசையமைப்பாளர்கள் எல்லாம் எப்படி?" ன்னு கேக்குறானுங்க? வம்பு பண்ணத்தான்!

ஒரு முறை ஒரு விகடன் பேட்டி, அப்பா ரஹ்மான் வந்து செம்ம பீக்ல போன புதுசு. வடக்குல எல்லாம் அவர் பாட்ட அப்டியே காப்பி அடிச்சாங்க. அப்ப ஒரு முறை இவர் சொன்னார் "இப்ப எல்லாரும் ஒரே ஒருத்தர் மாதிரி தான் இசை அமைக்குறாங்க!" அப்படி ஒரு அர்த்தம் வர்ற மாதிரி எதோ சொன்னார். ரஹ்மானை மனசில் வெச்சி சொல்லிருக்க வாய்ப்புண்டு. இந்த நிருபப்பசங்க தேவை இல்லாம சீண்டாம இருந்திருந்தா, அவரே கூட ரஹ்மான் உள்பட் மத்த இசையமைப்பாளர்கள் பத்தி நல்லவிதமா சொல்லி இருபாரு. சும்மா அவரை கோபப்படுத்திட்டு, அப்புறம் எதுக்கு அவரை குறை சொல்றீங்க?

app_engine
9th June 2012, 02:51 AM
I don't know whether "Latha Mangeshkar" means LRE :lol: (rAsAvukku appa rombakkuRumbu paNRa vayasu, illaiyA?)

app_engine
9th June 2012, 03:08 AM
"நீங்கள் பின்னாளில் ஓர் இசையமைப்பாளராக வரவேண்டுமென்பதற்காக உங்களை எந்த அளவுக்குத் தயார் செய்து கொண்டீர்கள்" என்று கேட்டேன்.

"என் மதிப்பிற்குரிய இசையமைப்பாளர்கள் எம்.எஸ்.விஸ்வநாதன், சலீல் சௌத்ரி, ஜி.கே.வெங்கடேஷ், வி.குமார், ஷங்கர் கணேஷ், தேவராஜன், தட்சிணாமூர்த்தி, கே.வி.மகாதேவன், விஜயபாஸ்கர் ஆகியோரிடம் உதவியாளனாக பல படங்களுக்குப் பணிபுரிந்திருக்கிறேன். ஒவ்வொருவருக்கும் ஒரு தனிச்சிறப்பு இருந்தது. ஒவ்வொருவரும் ஒரு பாடலை இசையமைக்கும் விதத்தினைக் கூர்ந்து பார்ப்பேன். பின்னணி இசை சேர்க்கும்போது எந்தெந்த இடங்களில் பிரத்தியேகக் கவனம் வைக்கிறார்கள் என்பதைப் புரிந்து கொண்டேன். பாடல் பதிவின் போது சிறு விஷயங்களைக்கூட கவனிக்கத் தவறுவதில்லை. இசையமைப்பாளனாக வரவேண்டுமென்ற ஆர்வத்தில் திறமை மிக்க இசையமைப்பாளர்களிடம் பல விஷயங்களைக் கற்றுக்கொண்டேன். இன்று எனக்கு அது உதவுகிறது" என்றார் இளையராஜா.

baroque
9th June 2012, 03:24 AM
Raja talks HIGH of his predecessors always!

Never fails to show respect or admiration.

there are couple videos roaming around in the web.:clap:

Rajavai antagonize pannadheengappa!:twisted:

app_engine
9th June 2012, 03:30 AM
"ரீரிக்கார்டிங்கிற்கு நீங்கள் எந்த அளவுக்கு முக்கியத்துவம் கொடுக்கிறீர்கள்?"

"ஓர் இசையமைப்பாளரின் முக்கியமான வேலையே பின்னணி இசை சேர்ப்பது தான். ஒரு படத்தைப்பார்க்காமலேயே அதன் இசையை மட்டும் கேட்டுப்புரிந்து கொள்ளுமளவிற்கு ரீரிக்கார்டிங் இருக்க வேண்டும். நான் எந்த அளவிற்குச் செய்திருக்கிறேன் என்று ரசிகர்கள் தான் சொல்ல வேண்டும்"

தற்போது இளையராஜா ஆளுக்கொரு ஆசை, உறவாடும் நெஞ்சம், அவர் எனக்கே சொந்தம், பத்ரகாளி, காற்றினிலே வரும் கீதம், தீபம், இதயம் பேசுகிறது, வாழ நினைத்தால் வாழலாம் ஆகிய படங்களுக்கு இசை அமைத்து வருகிறார்.

app_engine
9th June 2012, 03:45 AM
Note - uRavAdum nenjam (oru nAL unnOdu oru nAL & nenachchadhellAm nadakkappORa nEraththula vAdi featuring SPB-SJ), within weeks from annakkiLi :-)

Also, note subsequent part of the interview that refers to palootti vaLarththa kiLi (featuring another SPB-SJ duet, nAn pEsa vandhEn)...

baroque
9th June 2012, 03:51 AM
Idhayam pesugiradhu?

I don't recall any songs from this movie.

Aalukkoru aasai has a composition of Salilda's style.

Deepam has M.S.V style songs.

kannan oru kai kuzhandhai... too M.S.V style.

app_engine
9th June 2012, 03:55 AM
"பல படங்களுக்கு இசை அமைத்து வரும் தங்களுக்கு கவிஞர் கண்ணதாசன் பாடல் எழுதிய படம் எது?" என்றதற்கு...

" 'பாலூட்டி வளர்த்த கிளி" படத்திற்கு கவிஞர் அவர்கள் தான் பாடல் எழுதினார். நான் ஒரு இசையமைப்பாளராக அவரைச் சந்திப்பது அது தான் முதல் தடவை. எனக்கு கவிஞரிடம் மதிப்பும் மரியாதையும் உண்டு. கூடவே ஒரு பயமும் உண்டு. அவர் எழுதிய பெரும்பாலான பாடல்கள் பின்னால் நடக்கப்போவதை அப்படியே பிரதிபலிக்கும். தவிரவும், 'கவிஞன் வாக்கோ, கடவுள் வாக்கோ' என்று ஒரு பழமொழியும் உண்டு. என்ன எழுதப் போகிறாரோ என்று பயந்து கொண்டிருந்தேன். கவிஞர் என்னைப் பார்த்ததுமே "நீ தான் இளையராஜாவாக இருக்க வேண்டுமென்று நினைத்தது சரியாகப் போயிற்று" என்றார்.

"கவிஞர் எழுதிய முதல் பாடல் 'கண்ணான கண்ணு..!' என்ற பாடல் தான். அவர் எழுதிய கடைசி வரியைக்கண்டதும் நான் அடைந்த மகிழ்ச்சிக்கு எல்லையே இல்லை. அந்தக்கடைசி வரி இது தான். "ராஜா...வா ராஜா...வா.". இளையராஜாவின் இயற்பெயரே ராஜா தான். திரையுலகுக்கு ராஜா வா...ராஜா வா என்று கவிஞரே வாழ்த்துக் கூறிவிட்டார்.

...to be continued (may be tomorrow)...

V_S
9th June 2012, 04:45 AM
Idhayam pesugiradhu?

I don't recall any songs from this movie.

Idhayam Pesugiradhu was composed by Shyam. It has wonderful songs like Idhayam Idhayam, AadungaL PaadungaL. May be initial they would have thought of going to IR, later on went with Shyam.

baroque
9th June 2012, 04:58 AM
shyam.

His melodies are very smooth.

I listen to them.
thanks.

senthilv.com
9th June 2012, 06:02 AM
BR's name, at the time of this interview is quite interesting - Bharathi Raj :-)

IMG he modified it to rAjA due to the success of another rAjA :wink:

Bhagyaraj missed the trick. Bhagyaraja would have been cool.

kameshratnam
9th June 2012, 08:29 AM
sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar:

We all know what he meant :D. What ever may be the case vijay's father was sitting there and i know when some one takes a sarcastic dig on the child when the parents are present.

I believe people who told me all the incidents since they are very close to the inner circles of IR. Also, please note not many were interested to go to his book release function not because they were not interested in that book but they feared IRs speech.

ARR - IR - Please come down to chennai and i will take you to 3 people who will tell u shocking stories

When he says cinema music is kuppai why cant he release more instrumental albums or some other albums. people are ready to buy and we have even given commitment. Let him not blame the fans for everything.

He talks about music download - i say it is correct to download music and buy originals. When the original itself is not available where do we listen to the songs?

raja_fan
9th June 2012, 08:41 AM
The very purpose of reporters asking the kostin is to get Vambu. Ithu mattum Raja_fan kku thappaa theriyaathu!

Vallavare,

Please read my post again. I have told "Neenga ippadi pesuveengannu thaan unga vaayai nondraanga".
Avasarapadareengale :)

kameshratnam
9th June 2012, 02:30 PM
தெரிஞ்ச சினிமா தெரியாத விஷயம்
முந்தானை முடிச்சு படத்திற்காக "அருவிக்கரையோரத்திலே நீராடினேன்" என்ற பல்லவியில் ஒரு பாடல் எழுதப்பட்டு, ஆறு ஒத்திகைகள் நடந்து இறுதியாகப் பாடல் பதிவு செய்யப்படும் நேரம் வந்தது.

இயக்குனர் கே.பாக்யராஜிற்குப் பாடலின் பல்லவி இலக்கண சுத்தமாக இருப்பது சற்று நெருடலாகத்தோன்றவே, கொஞ்சம் வழக்குத்தமிழில் இருந்தால் நன்றாக இருக்கும் எனக் கருதி பல்லவியை " வெளக்கு வச்ச நேரத்துலே மாமன் வந்தான்" என மாற்றியிருக்கிறார்.

இளையராஜா ரிக்கார்டிங்கிற்கு அனைவரையும் தயார்ப்படுத்திக்கொண்டிருக்க, பாக்யராஜ் திருத்தி எழுதிய பாடலைக் கொண்டு போய் ராஜாவிடம் காட்ட, " என்ன இவ்வளவு லேட்டா வந்து மாத்தச் சொல்றீங்க? "என்று ராஜா கேட்க, பாக்யராஜ் ஜானகியம்மாவிடம் பேப்பரை நீட்ட, ஜானகியம்மா பாக்யராஜின் வரியைப் படித்துவிட்டு, " இது ரொம்ப நல்லாயிருக்கே" என்று கூற, அது தயாரிப்பாளர் ஏ.வி.எம்.சரவணனுக்கும் பிடித்துப் போக, கடைசியாக "வெளக்கு வச்ச நேரத்துலே மாமன் வந்தான்" என்றே பல்லவி மாற்றப்பட்டது.

திடீரென்று பல்லவி மாற்றப்பட்டதால், கடைசிப் பல்லவியைப் பாடும்போது இளையராஜா
" வெளக்கு வச்ச நேரத்துலே, *மாமன் வந்தான்* என்ற வரியை மறந்து தந்தான்னன்னா.... என்றும்
*தாகம் என்றான்* என்பதற்குப் பதிலாக தரன்னானன்னா என்றும் பாடியிருக்கிறார்.
பாக்யராஜுக்கும் சரவணனுக்கும், தந்தான்னன்னா .. தரன்னானன்னா.. பிடித்துப் போக அதையும் ரெக்கார்டிங்கில் சேர்த்துக் கொண்டார்களாம்.

இந்த தகவல் தந்த நண்பர் தமிழன் வேணு அவர்களுக்கு நன்றி ...

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
9th June 2012, 04:29 PM
sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar:

We all know what he meant :D. What ever may be the case vijay's father was sitting there and i know when some one takes a sarcastic dig on the child when the parents are present.

I believe people who told me all the incidents since they are very close to the inner circles of IR. Also, please note not many were interested to go to his book release function not because they were not interested in that book but they feared IRs speech.

ARR - IR - Please come down to chennai and i will take you to 3 people who will tell u shocking stories

When he says cinema music is kuppai why cant he release more instrumental albums or some other albums. people are ready to buy and we have even given commitment. Let him not blame the fans for everything.

He talks about music download - i say it is correct to download music and buy originals. When the original itself is not available where do we listen to the songs?

Kamesh, I know that you have contacts and sources who can reveal and tell more info. Ok, that Vijay/ajith matter, at max, it can be taken as mild hurt thats all.

Whatever anger IR had shown to other ppl in cine industry and whatever he has done to show his anger against ARR, but not known to media or not done in public, you seem to know that! So what man? I already said, we can only take into account what is available public. anything below that is nothing but peeping into his Drawing room.

I don't care what he has spoken behind the walls but I only see that he has infact given very well respect to Rahman/Others and I don't see any shortcomings in that at all.

Regarding the echo rights, music download(official release um pannamaatraaru, illegal download um thappunraaru) and his opinion on cine music, today's MDs, you are mixhing all this and saying that as ego! May be we can say he is not taking the steps to be a pukka professional, for example, in case of non availability of good quality official albums. Again we hear somebody is working on that.

He is not media friendly and sometimes answers harsh. But again we don't care to look at stupid questions. It is not his hobby to come and be harsh to media. HE just reacts to the question. Thatswhy i said the question shud not be misleading.

Above all, we fans hail him and call him god-like only for music! He is seen as a pure and pristine soul becos of his music and not other things! Above all, even after he is well aware of the great love which he is seeing from his fans, he never tries to mis-use that to portray his personal character as god-like. He is still arrogant to the person who deserves that! I am saying he is not faking even a bit. He is very natural.

So, whatever secrets you can say, is not going to alter my opinion/respect on him, becos i simply see no reason!

MumbaiRamki
9th June 2012, 11:35 PM
"We all know what he meant . What ever may be the case vijay's father was sitting there and i know when some one takes a sarcastic dig on the child when the parents are present."

I thought he meant to say that , we as listeners have developed a taste like that - that , we cant accept an amma song in Vijay movie - Can we now ? He finished saying " naam engae poi kondu irukirom enbathai yosithu paarungaL" , which confirms my view :)

Devaraagam
10th June 2012, 12:50 AM
Sakala,

GR8 post and you are echong my thoughts. No one is understanding IR as on his thought and views. all of them are expecting him to reflect their expectations and views. He is honest man and says whatever he thinks like bharathiyar....does not care anyone else.

Devaraagam
10th June 2012, 12:51 AM
App,

Thanks for pesumpadam interviews and expecting complete interviews at the earliest.

irir123
10th June 2012, 01:22 AM
in Indian film scenario, i rate Kamal and IR on par with each other - the difference between them being the former is a far better, nuanced diplomat than the latter! latter is very straight forward!

so its not surprising that Kamal often goes out of his way to give way too much space for ppl who are nowhere near him in terms of talent / potential etc - IR enakku SD Burman, Naushad pidikkum mattum solluvaaru - romba thuruvi ketta, 'plastic music' nu badhil varum! adhu avaroda sontha opinion! avaru enna, ellarukkum pudichhaa maadhiri 'ARR is great, HJ is great, SG is great, Laxmikant-Pyarelal is great' appdeennu sonnaathhaan avar humble appadeennaa, avar egoistic aathaan iruppaar!

Kamal himself divulged that if he tries to praise IR, IR would brush it off and say 'lets focus on the work at hand' - Kamal enna poiyyaa solraar ?

mediavukkum, makkalsukkum pozhudhu pogalannaa idha madhiri, 'gas' release panna vendiyadhu!

joliya paathuttu pongayyaaannu sonnaa 'enna oru thimir, egathalam, aanavam' nu pecchu varum!

irir123
10th June 2012, 01:45 AM
ivvalavu IR oda arrogance patthi vaai kizhiya pesara all makkalskku oru kelvi - how many of you - software engineers, doctors, accountants etc etc - even bother to be humble in your respective lives ? edho neegallaam sadhaa thinking about your brethren dying in africa ?? in your own little world, you have your own egos and think you are better than everyone else! so how the heck do you even bother to judge someone like IR with his accomplishments ??

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
10th June 2012, 02:23 AM
And Kamesh, ungaLukku IR kku close aa irukkura aatkaL theriyum, so avanga ungakitta 'etho' solraanga, neenga athai vechi avaroda personal character decide pannureenga.

Ithe maathiri, matha MDs kkum close aana persons iruppaanga, behind the screen avanga enna pesuraanga, enna pannuraangannu ungaLukku theriyumaa?!? Parakkum Vandu Size la maari, ellaa MD oda personal room kku poi enna panraangannu paathuttu, irukkurathuleye intha IR thaan paa romba mosam, nnu therinja maathiri pesureenga?! :lol:

senthilv.com
10th June 2012, 09:41 AM
in Indian film scenario, i rate Kamal and IR on par with each other - the difference between them being the former is a far better, nuanced diplomat than the latter! latter is very straight forward!

Agree with you. Kamal is pushed to be diplomatic since he still has to keep an eye on the box office. If he was a musician and as successful as Raja. He will probably react the same way as Raja. They both are misfits in TFM as they are constantly trying to top themselves and looking to do something great but rarely get the right opportunity. Instead they are forced by their situation to produce kuppai and oorukkai in the hope of landing something better and also to continue their professional relationship with their peers.

Raja constantly plays down his achievement and puts down his music. If you listen to his BBC interview he doesn't even take claim for bringing gramathiya music and argues other composers before has done it and cites example. At the same time, he believes you need to have some sort of artistic arrogance to believe you can do better music otherwise you will not be able to succeed. This is true and healthy.

If Raja doesn't have a taste for ARR, HR or other new music coming from TFM. I'd rather have him express that than show fake modesty and appreciation. He has not singled out any names publicly and just blamed the current trend. That is as diplomatic as Raja gets. I remember reading a story long time ago, that he chastised Karthik Raja for creating bad music but later went back to him hear the piece again but KR had already deleted it. Raja just has strong opinions on music but like IRIR13 said, it is just his personal opinion. Nothing wrong in having one and expressing it.

Plum
10th June 2012, 03:13 PM
Enough has been discussed on this politeness, humility meme. I am not evne inclined to mock at the stupid constructs made by respected members of humility mafia here. Suffice to say, namma society thirundhavE thirundhAdhu.

uNmaiya sonnA EnyA hurt AgaRInga? thaRpOdhiaya Vijay padam apdi thAnE? avar sonnadhula enna thappu?

bleddy mediocre minds, stop evaluating a genius at YOUR level. nInga ellAm avarukku adbvice solRInga pArunga - ungaLukku evLO thimir? evLO ANavam? avLO thagudhi irukkA ungaLukku? Ever thought o fthat.
To me, there is no arrogacnce more desipcable than mediocre minds taking class on etiquette to geniuses.

raja_fan
10th June 2012, 04:45 PM
Plum,

No one under the sky is beyond criticism.

Namma society thirundha vendiya avasiyam illai.
We come from the society which puts even Gods under criticism.
As long as it is done in a healthy and dignified manner, there is always space to question and criticise.
Everybody who criticised Raja's way of speech has done it in a very healthy way.
Ungalai maathiri "stupid" , "mafia", "bleddy" , "mediocre" enru inge yaarum vaarthaiyai throw seiyyavillai.
neengal arrogance pari pesugireergal ??
Neram...

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
10th June 2012, 07:40 PM
Paadariyen Padippariyen maathiri oru carnatic + folk classic number, Vijay/Aith padathula poda mudiyumaa illaiyaa?!? Yes or No nnu bathil sollittu, appuram IR oda arogaras pathi pesunga.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
10th June 2012, 07:41 PM
Under skym everybody is under critisicm naa Vijay padathula oru kurippitta song fit aagaathunnu solrathum critisicm thaan! KadavuLaye kelvi kekkura naama, nammai polave rendu kaal kai rendu kaathu kannu oru mookku udaiya Ilaiyaraja, Vijay padam pathi athuvum avanga appaa munnaadi pesa koodaathaa?!?

Vijay/ajith enna KadavuLaa?!?

Sureshs65
10th June 2012, 08:37 PM
SKV,

Super question. If raja_fan thinks even God is not beyond criticism, why he is shedding tears when S A Chandrashekar's son was criticized in front. He should have gone and told SAC, "Saar, even God is not beyond criticism. So when your son is criticised in front of you, you should not feel bad. We are a society which puts even God under criticism, theriyuma?". So if raja_fan is really in spirit "all for criticism", he should have applauded Raja saying what he did on stage. But then when your intentions are cloaked under "No one is above criticism" just to hit at Raja, somewhere the truth will leak out.

Many will probably not even realize this paradox. They should be given all right to criticize Raja but Raja shall not be given any right to criticize anyone !!!! If everyone is given equal right, then all we can say is, "well, Raja criticized someone coz he has the right, so let me keep quite about it." Which obviously many don't want to do.

raja_fan
10th June 2012, 09:04 PM
Under skym everybody is under critisicm naa Vijay padathula oru kurippitta song fit aagaathunnu solrathum critisicm thaan! KadavuLaye kelvi kekkura naama, nammai polave rendu kaal kai rendu kaathu kannu oru mookku udaiya Ilaiyaraja, Vijay padam pathi athuvum avanga appaa munnaadi pesa koodaathaa?!?

Vijay/ajith enna KadavuLaa?!?

SKV,

My post begins thus

""உண்மை கசத்தாலும் அதை நண்பனிடம் சொல்" என்று சொல்வார்கள்.
ஆனால் ராஜா, இதை பல பேர் கூடியிருக்கும் அவையிலும் கடைப்பிடிப்பது தான் முகம் சுளிய வைக்கிறது.
ஒருவர் தனியே இருக்கும் போது என்ன பேச வேண்டும், அவையில் எல்லோரும் இருக்கும் போது என்ன பேச வேண்டும் என்ற இங்கீதம் கூட அவரிடம் பல நேரங்களில் இல்லை. "

All through the post,
I have maintained that Raja's criticism per se was right in its content, but not in its time and place. That is what I have called "Ingeetham".

If Raja had criticised about Vijay and his films to Vijay or his father directly at a appropriate place and time, there is no issue.
But it was a function of another film and Vijay's father was a guest there. He was a guest of Prakash Raj, not even Raja's . Raja criticising his son ( He did not mean that is a different thing, but his words were careless ) in that platform is in bad taste.

Did not Raja work on some Kuppai situations and vulgar songs for the sake of his job and career ? If some other guest targets those songs unnecessarily when Raja is present on the stage, will we say it is fair for them to do that to Raja ?

If Raja was true to his words "Why should I feel for Rahman ? I should feel for myself, he should feel for himself" , he should not have come to felicitate Rahman for his oscar. How was Oscar different from Padma Bhushan. Both are awards and according to IR himself, awards don't matter...

Raja is full of contradictions when it comes to his words. Rahmanai pugazndhu vittu konja naatkkalukku piragu he commented unnecessarily on Rahman's "Ella pugazhum iraivanukke" words..Completely unwelcomed and self-disgracing act.

Criticism is democratic. But that should be on a proper time, place and platform. Otherwise it would be indecent. I only remember Vivek's lord labakdas commedy :) Question kelunnu vaadhiyaar sollittaarnu kanda nerathula kanda kelviya ketppaanaam.

Sureshs65
10th June 2012, 09:13 PM
raja_fan,

What joke is that? About Oscars not being different from Padma Bushan. I am sure you know the difference and I don't want to explain that.

Coming to the 'ingitham' part, that is fine, but when something which everyone feels, that nowadays you can never put a melody like 'malarndhum malaradha' in Vijay's movies, is told by Raja on stage, I don't see any problem. Afterall with lots of junk music and junk lyrics these guys are making millions. So why should they not stand some public criticism. And it was not criticism of Vijay per se.

Again, why is praising someone and criticizing some other aspect of his contradictory? Don't you praise Raja's music and then you go and bash him for his behavior. Isn't that contradictory?

And talking about proper time / place/ platform etc aren't you criticizing Raja in this section is made up of Raja fans. Why don't you DM your criticism so that people know that you have the 'ingitham'. You do it because you want to be heard. Raja does it on stage, because he wants to be heard. So why one rule for us and one rule for him?

kr
10th June 2012, 09:32 PM
I am stunned that people complain that IR is not humble because he doesn't appreciate ARR and ARRnis humble. The only thing ARR stated when asked about IR is that IR doesn't have any vices compared to other MDs. When such great MDs such as Naushad and RD Birman have paid such tributes to IR's genius, I haven't ever heardnARR say anything appeciative of IR's genius. Not me that is false humility. The question shouldn't be why Irbdoesntbappreciate ARR - it should be the other way sound for Ir has achieved much more

My post begins thus

ஆனால் ராஜா, இதை பல பேர் கூடியிருக்கும் அவையிலும் கடைப்பிடிப்பது தான் முகம் சுளிய வைக்கிறது.
ஒருவர் தனியே இருக்கும் போது என்ன பேச வேண்டும், அவையில் எல்லோரும் இருக்கும் போது என்ன பேச வேண்டும் என்ற இங்கீதம் கூட அவரிடம் பல நேரங்களில் இல்லை. "

All through the post,
I have maintained that Raja's criticism per se was right in its content, but not in its time and place. That is what I have called "Ingeetham"

If Raja had criticised about Vijay and his films to Vijay or his father directly at a appropriate place and time, there is no issue.
But it was a function of another film and Vijay's father was a guest there. He was a guest of Prakash Raj, not even Raja's . Raja criticising his son ( He did not mean that is a different thing, but his words were careless ) in that platform is in bad taste.

Did not Raja work on some Kuppai situations and vulgar songs for the sake of his job and career ? If some other guest targets those songs unnecessarily when Raja is present on the stage, will we say it is fair for them to do that to Raja ?

If Raja was true to his words "Why should I feel for Rahman ? I should feel for myself, he should feel for himself" , he should not have come to felicitate Rahman for his oscar. How was Oscar different from Padma Bhushan. Both are awards and according to IR himself, awards don't matter...

Raja is full of contradictions when it comes to his words. Rahmanai pugazndhu vittu konja naatkkalukku piragu he commented unnecessarily on Rahman's "Ella pugazhum iraivanukke" words..Completely unwelcomed and self-disgracing act.

Criticism is democratic. But that should be on a proper time, place and platform. Otherwise it would be indecent. I only remember Vivek's lord labakdas commedy :) Question kelunnu vaadhiyaar sollittaarnu kanda nerathula kanda kelviya ketppaanaam.[/QUOTE]

layman10
10th June 2012, 09:36 PM
Raja fueled 80s cinema, single handedly, he was the catalyst for the industry that looked for some direction, post MGR and Sivaji. He fore-saw there waves of movies, Mahendran/BM -class, BR etc -rural, SPM - masala. Everyone in the industry know what they owe him. But I have heard only Actor Suresh, Murali etc express this out publically. All the byproducts of this industry surge only do is applying soap to each other on stage now. (No pun here on 'applying soap', I am not trying to demean any actor director here).

After all this he has to have ingetham to express a basic idea on why he cant make a melody like malrdum malarada. I bet vijay would be excited he even uttered his name on stage.

what has SAR/Vijay done to the industry than being parasites and targeting art only for the leaat common denominator?.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
10th June 2012, 09:52 PM
I have maintained that Raja's criticism per se was right in its content, but not in its time and place. That is what I have called "Ingeetham".

That was a mere joke! Not critisicm. THats why everybody, incl SAC, laughed! So why shud Raja go and tell them in private?! And he was saying that in general about Vijay and Ajith.

Yes Raja worked for Kuppai films. But he ALSO has done great of the greatest films. Is this the case for vijay/ajith?? Also, the kuppai films were those he did when he was in prime.

Now, he want to do films which has substance, at times he also does newcomer's films and films based on his industry friend's requests. Those can be low budget films, attempting something. but not kuppai films. He actually indirectly said that the Sengaathu boomiyile had more violence, that too on that films audio function itself.

Same Illayaraja, in Director's function, while praising Rajini, Vijay was also there, so "ethukkum oru formality kku solli veppoom" he said Vijay kullayum oru Director irukkalaam!

So better, dont take everything serious!

prasad_subbu
10th June 2012, 10:47 PM
I am stunned that people complain that IR is not humble because he doesn't appreciate ARR and ARRnis humble. The only thing ARR stated when asked about IR is that IR doesn't have any vices compared to other MDs. When such great MDs such as Naushad and RD Birman have paid such tributes to IR's genius, I haven't ever heardnARR say anything appeciative of IR's genius. Not me that is false humility. The question shouldn't be why Irbdoesntbappreciate ARR - it should be the other way sound for Ir has achieved much more

My post begins thus

All through the post,
I have maintained that Raja's criticism per se was right in its content, but not in its time and place. That is what I have called "Ingeetham"

Criticism is democratic. But that should be on a proper time, place and platform. Otherwise it would be indecent. I only remember Vivek's lord labakdas commedy :) Question kelunnu vaadhiyaar sollittaarnu kanda nerathula kanda kelviya ketppaanaam.[/QUOTE]

Yes. I have that doubt about ARR being humble. Can a person be really that humble after getting so much awards. He never appreciated IR music but for him being punctual and not having any bad habits. Only when he got oscar and returned, to avoid people talking, he appreciated IR's music and saying he would have got several oscars had his music being taken in right path. Not only that, when he was asked how he agreed to compose first movie Roja, he replied saying MR has a capacity of picturising beautifully even not so good songs.(Only IR did MR songs prior to that which indirectly says IR music is mediocre). So I have that doubt about ARR's humility. If he is really that humble God bless him. But God only knows it.

But ARR never created unpleasant situation in public to my knowledge. We have to give that to him.

As far IR doing such things in name of talking mind, if everybody in this world started talking their mind, we will see a very unpleasant world. It is not from one incidence we are seeing this. During TIS time, he had problem with Father Gasper. We always conveniently do sappai kaatu for IR. He also talked about ONV(some malayali song writer) on pazhazi raja function as if he could not write to his expectations or something. He has done this time and again and needless to tell about above situations you mentioned.

IR is great with music. No doubt whatsoever. But that does not mean he should not be criticized and he is God. But for his God given gift, he might be like every other person in getting angry, sad. I do not believe our rules do not apply to him and all. That is like deitifying him and there is no need for that in my opinion.

Sureshs65
10th June 2012, 11:49 PM
prasad,

No one is questioning anyone's right to criticize Raja. It is just that as much as you have the right to criticize Raja, others have the right to defend him. We are not trying to deifying him but we are trying to prove what you said, that he is as much a human being as us and not a monster that some folks are slyly trying to make of him.

And no, we are not doing sappakkattu. Raja is like that only. We accept it as it is and live with it. But you have others standards and don't accept his 'behavior'. You want him to conform to your norms and he is not going to do that. And that will give you a pedestal to stand on and pontificate about public behavior. I guess that will keep everyone happy. Raja will do what he wants and he is happy. Because he does what he wants, he provides you with fodder to criticize him and you are happy. So in a way it is a win-win situation for Raja and his detractors :D

And for God's sake let us not get ARR in here and make this messier please. Let us leave him out and concentrate only on Raja. Thanks for the understanding.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
10th June 2012, 11:51 PM
Prasad subbu, Most of us here know about how sometimes IR heats up the speech! We are not saying his talk is error free. After all he is also a human being. But, the situations quoted here were misfit. and thatswhy i replied. At same time, I feel we shud not at all care about what he feels and does behind the walls. For that matter, we don;t know what happens behind the walls of other MDs too.

In a way, Kamesh and I share a same thought. Just Listen to his music and he happy only with it. But just that we disagree on the opinion about his personal character.

See, we are hardcore fans. We don;t want to agree Raja's mistakes( i mean only valid mistakes, not all incidents)even though we know that. THats why some of us say " First ethukku yaa anthaaLu kaila Mike kudukkureenga" :lol: we cannot get more open than this! InthaLavu kooda accept pannikkura nermai other fans kku irukkaa?!?

Personally, inspite of all the so called loose-talks and some real loose-talks and acts he had spoke and done, i still stick with my opinion.

Avaroda Nermaiyum nammoda Nermaiyum vera vera. Avaroda Nermai Neruppu ponrathu! We cannot see at all a person like him, even character wise, let alone the music.

app_engine
11th June 2012, 01:09 AM
He also talked about ONV(some malayali song writer) on pazhazi raja function as if he could not write to his expectations or something.

ayyA, neenga nallavarA kettavarA? :-)

I don't want to get into this discussion about rAsA-humility-pEchchu-sudhanthiram etc.

However, I need to request you NOT to gossip without knowing the facts. Even the rAsA speech youtube was posted in this forum and let me summarize what rAsA told :

-ONV Kurup wrote the song keeping military march sandham in mind
-I felt the song should match the agony of the King who had to leave his palace
-So, while keeping the same 'military march' lyric, I did a melody that converted the 'military march poem' into a melancholic song

Where is anything here about ONV not writing according to expectations? Let's not put words into rAsA's mouth please.

ONV wrote according to what Hariharan, the director wanted. Raja painted additional shades to make it a different picture. End result was a grand 'Adhi ushus' song! The director fought for IR to get an award (though not for songs, the NA committee gave him for BGM). In the end, HH / ONV / IR all are happy and united.

Only Manorama mag & some foolish MY media / Ouseppachchan kind of kuLLa narikaL tried to stir up a controversy and tried to fish in kuLambiya kuttaiyil meen. All failed and rAsA is stil composing in MY (Sathyan Anthikkad, for e.g., is still loyal to him).

So, let's not throw in unfounded gossip in this forum to malign a great artist!

venkkiram
11th June 2012, 01:14 AM
Yes. I have that doubt about ARR being humble. Can a person be really that humble after getting so much awards. He never appreciated IR music but for him being punctual and not having any bad habits. Only when he got oscar and returned, to avoid people talking, he appreciated IR's music and saying he would have got several oscars had his music being taken in right path. Not only that, when he was asked how he agreed to compose first movie Roja, he replied saying MR has a capacity of picturising beautifully even not so good songs.(Only IR did MR songs prior to that which indirectly says IR music is mediocre). So I have that doubt about ARR's humility. If he is really that humble God bless him. But God only knows it. தவறான புரிதல் ஐயா! அறுபதாண்டு நெடிய இந்திய இசையில் சிறந்தவற்றை சொல்லுங்கள் என ரபி பெர்னார்டு கேட்ட கேள்விக்கு ஹௌ டு நேம் இட் என்ற ராஜாவின் இசைத் தொகுப்பையும் குறிப்பிட்டு சொன்னவர். இது நடந்தது ஆஸ்கருக்கு முன்பு.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
11th June 2012, 01:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_U9i9gL0ow

Paarthiban :clap:

NormalMan
11th June 2012, 02:06 AM
Yaaaawn -- seriously folks. This discussion is getting very boring.

prasad_subbu
11th June 2012, 03:30 AM
ayyA, neenga nallavarA kettavarA? :-)

I don't want to get into this discussion about rAsA-humility-pEchchu-sudhanthiram etc.

However, I need to request you NOT to gossip without knowing the facts. Even the rAsA speech youtube was posted in this forum and let me summarize what rAsA told :

-ONV Kurup wrote the song keeping military march sandham in mind
-I felt the song should match the agony of the King who had to leave his palace
-So, while keeping the same 'military march' lyric, I did a melody that converted the 'military march poem' into a melancholic song

Where is anything here about ONV not writing according to expectations? Let's not put words into rAsA's mouth please.

ONV wrote according to what Hariharan, the director wanted. Raja painted additional shades to make it a different picture. End result was a grand 'Adhi ushus' song! The director fought for IR to get an award (though not for songs, the NA committee gave him for BGM). In the end, HH / ONV / IR all are happy and united.

Only Manorama mag & some foolish MY media / Ouseppachchan kind of kuLLa narikaL tried to stir up a controversy and tried to fish in kuLambiya kuttaiyil meen. All failed and rAsA is stil composing in MY (Sathyan Anthikkad, for e.g., is still loyal to him).

So, let's not throw in unfounded gossip in this forum to malign a great artist!

Theriyalai pa.

Sorry about misquoting as I did not hear his speech recently. But he said he have to send several tunes as ONV could not write for his original tune. Hariharan was going back and forth. This was there. I just now heard. ONV is a great achiever too and that is what spurred controversy.

IR just meant by that he thinks beyond director and song writer. That is what I meant. I think it is true IR does that in real. But telling that in common forum will show others in poor light. That is what I meant, but misquoted it as I did not hear this speech recently.

prasad_subbu
11th June 2012, 03:33 AM
தவறான புரிதல் ஐயா! அறுபதாண்டு நெடிய இந்திய இசையில் சிறந்தவற்றை சொல்லுங்கள் என ரபி பெர்னார்டு கேட்ட கேள்விக்கு ஹௌ டு நேம் இட் என்ற ராஜாவின் இசைத் தொகுப்பையும் குறிப்பிட்டு சொன்னவர். இது நடந்தது ஆஸ்கருக்கு முன்பு.

I did not hear about it. If he said that, then I stand corrected. But it is true he said that he accepted Roja because of MR could portray average or not so good songs in a great way. This is there is one of our threads(I think Oscar Tamizhan thread. Again it may not be word to word, but something amounting to that)

NormalMan
11th June 2012, 06:56 AM
http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-06-10/news-and-interviews/32141473_1_mollywood-debut-ilaiyaraaja

Perarasu mentioned here is the same one who ditched out "classics" like Sivakasi, Thirupaachi??

app_engine
11th June 2012, 08:26 AM
I did not hear about it. If he said that, then I stand corrected. But it is true he said that he accepted Roja because of MR could portray average or not so good songs in a great way. This is there is one of our threads(I think Oscar Tamizhan thread. Again it may not be word to word, but something amounting to that)

When ordinary people like me can comment on 'mainA mainA mAman pudichcha mainA' (pagal nilavu, directed by MR) as a kuppai song, an excellent musician like ARR is totally justified in calling some IR songs as ordinary or or even as mOsam.

Absolutely nothing wrong in it. idhellAm oru vishayamE illai :=)

raja_fan
11th June 2012, 10:38 AM
// raja_fan,

What joke is that? About Oscars not being different from Padma Bushan. I am sure you know the difference and I don't want to explain that. //

No joke.
For IR : Oscar, Padma Bushan are all the same..mere awards..

You have to look at the context.
If IR goes all the way to praise ARR in a beautiful way ( really a beautiful way to praise a junior talent ) for Oscar, why can't he remain the same for Padma Bhushan ? Why suddenly "Why should I feel for somebody else ?" attitude ?
Contradiction or mood shift or what ?

We are all worried that IR was not marketed well for his genius. But why do we deny that marketing should begin from himself. Marketing does not mean boasting or advertising. But at least he should not spoil his chances by speaking carelessly.

Some one brought ONV Kurup's matter. Even in that, IR was careless in what he wanted to convey.
Ippadi pesi kondirundhaal, naam ivarudaiya talent innum popular aagavendiya alavukku aagavillaiye enru varutha pattu enna payan ? avarukku varuththam illai enbathu veru vishayam.

kameshratnam
11th June 2012, 11:19 AM
Some points from me for the better understanding of the members

1. Raaja sir is a genius beyond comparison. i Doubt if some other can even come up and match him.

2. I love Raaja sirs music and he is god to me in music

3. There is a human side to IR which i know and which many people have told me. We all know what happened during Thiruvasagam.

So i stop here... Raaja sir is a musical genius... FULL STOP

Punnaimaran
11th June 2012, 11:21 AM
Just went through the previous pages and am already having a feeling of visiting some vj movie thread in Tamil films section. Interestingly here too the actor seems to be one of the reasons for the diggs !!:)

raajarasigan
11th June 2012, 11:41 AM
Yaaaawn -- seriously folks. This discussion is getting very boring.+111111111111

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
11th June 2012, 12:25 PM
If IR goes all the way to praise ARR in a beautiful way ( really a beautiful way to praise a junior talent ) for Oscar, why can't he remain the same for Padma Bhushan ? Why suddenly "Why should I feel for somebody else ?" attitude ?

Becos the question asked was a real irritant. "You both getting award at same time, how do you feel?"

Its blasphemy of the reporter to ask such question, at 1st place. So the answer was fittingly right.

wizzy
11th June 2012, 12:42 PM
guess ppl expect him to play to the gallery and say AR got his Padma Bhushan tad late and then wish him good health/wealth :lol2:

K
11th June 2012, 12:50 PM
Aarambichitanga pa.

http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/heroes/2012/06/will-kamal-choose-ilayaraja-as-his-music-director-155460.html

மேலும் இந்தக் கதை இந்திய பின்னணியுடன் கூடிய மேற்கத்திய கதை என்று பேரி ஆஸ்போர்ன் ஏற்கனவே சொல்லியுள்ளார்.அப்படி இருக்கும்போது கமல்ஹாசன் ரசனை புரிந்த, ராஜா இசையமைப்பதே பொருத்தமாக இருக்கும் என்று இருவரின் ரசிகர்களும் எதிர்பார்ப்பாக உள்ளது.

அப்படி நடந்தால், கமல் அதைச் செய்தால், பாரெங்கும் ஏற்கனவே பரந்து விரிந்து வலம் வந்து கொண்டிருக்கும் நமது ராஜாவின் இசைக்கு மேலும் ஒரு அங்கீகாரம் கிடைக்க வாய்ப்பு ஏற்படும். இளையராஜாவின் இசை மாயாஜாலத்தை ஹாலிவுட்டினரும் அறிந்து கொள்ளும் வாய்ப்பு உருவாகும்.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
11th June 2012, 01:50 PM
Added to that, Raja clearly said that He already spoke about Rahman, during the felicitation function.

Actually same question was asked to Rahman too. He said its happy to hear both from same music family get awards at same time. Even he cud have said that Raja Sir shud have be given long ago. But he didn't. Athellaam yaar kannukkum padaathu!

raja_fan
11th June 2012, 04:05 PM
Aarambichitanga pa.

http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/heroes/2012/06/will-kamal-choose-ilayaraja-as-his-music-director-155460.html

மேலும் இந்தக் கதை இந்திய பின்னணியுடன் கூடிய மேற்கத்திய கதை என்று பேரி ஆஸ்போர்ன் ஏற்கனவே சொல்லியுள்ளார்.அப்படி இருக்கும்போது கமல்ஹாசன் ரசனை புரிந்த, ராஜா இசையமைப்பதே பொருத்தமாக இருக்கும் என்று இருவரின் ரசிகர்களும் எதிர்பார்ப்பாக உள்ளது.

அப்படி நடந்தால், கமல் அதைச் செய்தால், பாரெங்கும் ஏற்கனவே பரந்து விரிந்து வலம் வந்து கொண்டிருக்கும் நமது ராஜாவின் இசைக்கு மேலும் ஒரு அங்கீகாரம் கிடைக்க வாய்ப்பு ஏற்படும். இளையராஜாவின் இசை மாயாஜாலத்தை ஹாலிவுட்டினரும் அறிந்து கொள்ளும் வாய்ப்பு உருவாகும்.

I don't think Kamal would be that much powerful in this project to select the music director of his choice. It would be great if IR goes to the global scene through the network of his Hungary friends who already have a taste of this man's talent. But again, do they have connections to hollywood ?

rajaramsgi
11th June 2012, 04:11 PM
aarambichitanga pa.

இவர், அவரின் அபிமானி, அவரிடம் சரிக்கு சமமாக அமர்ந்து நெஞ்சை நிமிர்த்தி பேச கூடியவர், போகிற இடத்தில எல்லாம் அவரை பற்றி பேசி கொண்டே இருப்பார், அவருடைய திறமைகளை அருகில் இருந்து வியந்தவர், அவரின் bgm திறமையை பற்றி பேசும்போது ஹாலிவுட் இசை அமைப்பாளர்களை விட எந்த விதத்திலும் குறைந்தவர் இல்லை என்று அவரை அங்கீகரித்தவர் - அதெல்லாம் சரி..

இவர் அவரை உடன் அழைச்சுட்டு போவாருன்றீன்களா? வியாபாரமும் கலந்த கலை'ன்னு இவரே சொல்லி இருக்கார். பஞ்சதன் இன் கதவை தட்டுவார் என்று தான் எனக்கு தோன்றுகிறது, பிரசாத் ஸ்டூடியோ வழியாக கூட போக மாட்டார்.

ராஜா சாரை அழைத்து சென்றால்... நினைத்தாலே இனிக்கிறது. நிச்சயம் கமலின் கிரீடத்தில் இன்னொரு மாணிக்கம் மிளிரும், சந்தேகம் இல்லை. ராஜா சார் கமலுக்கு பக்க பலமாக இருப்பார்.

SVN
11th June 2012, 08:21 PM
Neenga vera, avar 'himesh reshammiya', 'Shankar Ehsan Loy', Salim Sulaimaan range kku appuram, Lucky Ali, Adnaan Saami range-kku kooda poiduvaaru... Kaetta, idhu bijnez Adhu art-nnu edho oLaruvaaru! Enakkennavo indha project take-off aagumOnne sandhegam thaan!

Saw the Viswaroopam trailor. Dialogues remind you of the pathetic kadavul-paadhi mirugam paathi kalavai naan part of Alavandhaan! Low cost SFX, doing doing hero soundtrack, done-to-death pseudo dialogues... Pretty much like Alavandhaan! Ayyosaar! Konjam Thevar Magan, Mahanadhi,Kurudhippunal Kamal-a koppdungo saamiyov!

prasad_subbu
11th June 2012, 08:43 PM
Becos the question asked was a real irritant. "You both getting award at same time, how do you feel?"

Its blasphemy of the reporter to ask such question, at 1st place. So the answer was fittingly right.

I have to agree with Sakala on this. Another lady reporter I remembered was the one who pissed off IR. She asked him that in earlier days all songs used to be good in your movie. Why it is not so, nowadays?

Absolutely no relevance to Padma Bushan. IR took her aptly to task and said what is relevance of this and this meet? If you feel it is not good, you should not listen. That only could be solution. something like that.

Do not remember whether this question was before ARR question or after it? Journalist in that meet did irritate IR.

prasad_subbu
11th June 2012, 08:53 PM
Kamal is struggling to give one hit for several years in Tamil. He do not have say on which MD to choose in Tamil itself. I don't think that there is anything for IR in this, should this happen on the first place.

If kamal could choose IR for such a project, I will be more than surprised.

raja_fan
11th June 2012, 09:36 PM
Kamal has lost his direction ( I mean where he wants to go ) long back.
As Prasad_subbu says, he did not have rights to choose MD even with K.S.Ravikumar's direction...Ippo vellaikkaaran podura panaththula ivarukku enna rights irukkum ?

The producer says it will be based on Indian history/culture.
In all possibilities, he would have narrated a script or concept which shows the dark spots in Indian history and culture, like what he did in Dasavatharam or Maruthanayagam's trailor. It would have appealed that American producer.

Gundu chattila kuthirai ottum pothe ivarukku "ulaga nayagan" pattam. Ippo kekkanumaa ?

venkkiram
11th June 2012, 09:40 PM
Kamal has lost his direction ( I mean where he wants to go ) long back.
As Prasad_subbu says, he did not have rights to choose MD even with K.S.Ravikumar's direction...Ippo vellaikkaaran podura panaththula ivarukku enna rights irukkum ?

The producer says it will be based on Indian history/culture.
In all possibilities, he would have narrated a script or concept which shows the dark spots in Indian history and culture, like what he did in Dasavatharam or Maruthanayagam's trailor. It would have appealed that American producer.

Gundu chattila kuthirai ottum pothe ivarukku "ulaga nayagan" pattam. Ippo kekkanumaa ?

ஒரு மார்க்கமாகத்தான் ராஜாவின் விசிறி ராஜா திரியில திரிஞ்சிட்டு இருக்கார் போல :) இன்னும் எவ்வளவு நேரம் கொழுந்து விட்டு எரியப் போகிறதோ இவரின் தொடர் தீ வைப்புக்கள்!

rajaramsgi
11th June 2012, 09:42 PM
Kamal is struggling to give one hit for several years in Tamil. He do not have say on which MD to choose in Tamil itself. I don't think that there is anything for IR in this, should this happen on the first place.

If kamal could choose IR for such a project, I will be more than surprised.

அப்படி சொல்லாதீங்க சார்.இப்போதுள்ள ஹீரோ பசங்களே டைரக்டர்/ஹீரோயின் யார்னு முடிவு பண்றாங்க. கமலுக்கென்ன? அவருடைய விருப்பம் இல்லாமலா தேவா முதற்கொண்டு அவர் படத்திற்கு இசை அமைத்தார்கள்? கமலை ஹாலிவுட் காரன் கூப்பிட்டு படம் எடுக்க சொல்றானா இல்லை கமல் ஒரு ஹாலிவுட் படம் எடுத்து தன்னை அங்கு அறிமுக படுத்தி கொள்ள போகிறாரா என்பதும் ஒரு கேள்வி.

கௌதம் மேனன் ராஜாவோடு வேலை செய்வார் என்று கனவிலும் யாரும் நினைத்து பார்த்திருக்க மாட்டோம். சில சமயம் வினோதமான காம்பினஷன் அமைஞ்சுடும். ராஜா சார் முப்பது வருஷத்துக்கு முன்னாடியே இங்கிலீஷ் படத்துல வொர்க் பண்ணி இருக்கார்..கமலோட போறது ஒரு புறம் இருக்கட்டும்.இந்த காலக்கட்டத்தில் ராஜா சார் அங்கே சென்றால், அங்குள்ளவர்களுக்கு இணையாக தேர்ந்த தொழில்நுட்ப வாதியாக ராஜாவால் வேலை செய்ய முடியும், அதற்க்கான அங்கீகாரமும் அவருக்கு கிடைக்க கூடும்.

raja_fan
11th June 2012, 09:49 PM
ஒரு மார்க்கமாகத்தான் ராஜாவின் விசிறி ராஜா திரியில திரிஞ்சிட்டு இருக்கார் போல :) இன்னும் எவ்வளவு நேரம் கொழுந்து விட்டு எரியப் போகிறதோ இவரின் தொடர் தீ வைப்புக்கள்!

Pesi theerppom vaa-nnu kamal thaane sonnaaru. adhaan. Pesi theerppom ;)

venkkiram
11th June 2012, 09:53 PM
கமலை ஹாலிவுட் காரன் கூப்பிட்டு படம் எடுக்க சொல்றானா இல்லை கமல் ஒரு ஹாலிவுட் படம் எடுத்து தன்னை அங்கு அறிமுக படுத்தி கொள்ள போகிறாரா என்பதுஒரு கேள்வி. எப்படி இப்படியெல்லாம் யோசிக்க முடிகிறது? :)

kameshratnam
11th June 2012, 09:56 PM
I can recall SPB words in the Jaya tv IR Concert in 2005 - Ilayaraaja will rule the world sitting in chennai :)

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
11th June 2012, 10:56 PM

Aamaam, ivlonaaLaa kamal oru original Ulaganaayagan nnu theriyaama iruntha ungaLa maathiri aatkal irukkura TamilNadu oru Gundu Chatti thaan!

prasad_subbu
11th June 2012, 11:11 PM
When ordinary people like me can comment on 'mainA mainA mAman pudichcha mainA' (pagal nilavu, directed by MR) as a kuppai song, an excellent musician like ARR is totally justified in calling some IR songs as ordinary or or even as mOsam.

Absolutely nothing wrong in it. idhellAm oru vishayamE illai :=)

You and me commenting is different from what ARR as a musician could comment which indirectly implies quality of work of his senior. And also, it was not about Pagal Nilavu song as MR did not do any great job of picturization in Pagal Nilavu. It is only after Mouna Raagam, MR started doing good job in picturization.

If ARR can tell anything about his Seniors work, why the same rule do not apply for IR. Why would we expect IR to say good things about his Juniors? Same rule should apply for both. Is it not?

prasad_subbu
11th June 2012, 11:16 PM
GVM, seekarama NEPV audio release pannunga. Engalukku verai kadai pesi bore adikkuthu.

prasad_subbu
11th June 2012, 11:21 PM
Neenga vera, avar 'himesh reshammiya', 'Shankar Ehsan Loy', Salim Sulaimaan range kku appuram, Lucky Ali, Adnaan Saami range-kku kooda poiduvaaru... Kaetta, idhu bijnez Adhu art-nnu edho oLaruvaaru! Enakkennavo indha project take-off aagumOnne sandhegam thaan!

Saw the Viswaroopam trailor. Dialogues remind you of the pathetic kadavul-paadhi mirugam paathi kalavai naan part of Alavandhaan! Low cost SFX, doing doing hero soundtrack, done-to-death pseudo dialogues... Pretty much like Alavandhaan! Ayyosaar! Konjam Thevar Magan, Mahanadhi,Kurudhippunal Kamal-a koppdungo saamiyov!

Correct. Generally trailer will be much better than actual movie. Here trailer itself was not that good. May be Kamal is slowing down. Even his katak was not that great.

I am scared that he will become like Dev Anand(Acted as hero till end)

rajaramsgi
11th June 2012, 11:25 PM
அட.. நிஜமாகவே கமலை ஹாலிவுட் காரன் கூப்பிட்டுருகான். கெட்டிக்காரன் எங்க இருந்தாலும் ஓஹோ தான்.
http://cinema.dinamalar.com/tamil-news/7580/cinema/Kollywood/Kamalhassan-team-up-with-Lord-of-the-Rings-producer.ஹதம்

நான் என்றென்றும் விரும்பும் கமல் படம் அன்பே சிவம், ராஜா சார் கூட இல்லையே என்று ஏங்கிய படமும் அதுதான்.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
11th June 2012, 11:29 PM
Pesi theerppom vaa-nnu kamal thaane sonnaaru. adhaan. Pesi theerppom ;)

Pesiye Ilayarajavai theerthuralaamnu plan aaa :lol: Ungala maathiri aatkaLai THeerthuttu thaan pesaNum! btw, its ThEdi TheerppOm Vaa!

app_engine
12th June 2012, 12:12 AM
Why would we expect IR to say good things about his Juniors? Same rule should apply for both. Is it not?

Yes, I never questioned that right :-)

adhu nAn illai - vERa yArO :-)

ARR can choose to appreciate / criticize rAsA, adhu avaOrda right! rAsA can choose to appreciate younger MDs or not, adhu avarOda righttu :-)

Both of them can be appreciated / criticized by you, me & everybody - adhu namma righttu :lol2:

prasad_subbu
12th June 2012, 12:33 AM
அட.. நிஜமாகவே கமலை ஹாலிவுட் காரன் கூப்பிட்டுருகான். கெட்டிக்காரன் எங்க இருந்தாலும் ஓஹோ தான்.
http://cinema.dinamalar.com/tamil-news/7580/cinema/Kollywood/Kamalhassan-team-up-with-Lord-of-the-Rings-producer.ஹதம்

நான் என்றென்றும் விரும்பும் கமல் படம் அன்பே சிவம், ராஜா சார் கூட இல்லையே என்று ஏங்கிய படமும் அதுதான்.

Periya matter thaan. Producer periya aal. Kamal deserved such opportunities long time back. He was continously pushing envelope for a very long time until recently when he could not afford to buy any more envelopes

prasad_subbu
12th June 2012, 02:05 AM
Yes, I never questioned that right :-)

adhu nAn illai - vERa yArO :-)

ARR can choose to appreciate / criticize rAsA, adhu avaOrda right! rAsA can choose to appreciate younger MDs or not, adhu avarOda righttu :-)

Both of them can be appreciated / criticized by you, me & everybody - adhu namma righttu :lol2:

Eppadi sadarana makkal pesuvadharkkum Thalaivargal pesuvadharkum vidyasam ulladho, adhepole naam pesuvadarkum esai thalaivargal pesuvadharkum vidyasam undu.

Naam pesuvadai yaarum kandukolla maatargal. Aanal avargal pesuvadai rasigargal koorndhu gavanipaargal.

Because of all that only these forums are getting interesting.

Plum
12th June 2012, 06:56 AM
Ir should say X about Y. Rahman should say Z about IR. Mbbs doctor prescribe paNnittArpA? Can somebody recommend these fellers as speech writers for Raja and Rahman. And they can't even see the irony of the megalomania which leads them to prescribe behaviour for Raja and Rahman. Someone said it is ironic I(plum) talk about arrogance. What irony? I know everything about an arrogant mind. Who better than me to identify your arrogance? :). First of all, have the humility to understand that a creative mind of the order of Raja will not think like yours. You simply cannot presume avarukkum rendu kannu dhaane, avarum naanum onnu. You aren't. Try to accomodate different ways and behaviour, esp from a genius. And try to first understand what he is saying before getting sanctimonious. If not, you are just an arrogant pri*k who doesn't even have the volume of genius and achievement of the arrogant man whose arrogance you criticise.If your response is to point my character flaws, please understand that that's so not the point. You can evaluate me at your level for we are both insignificants with nothing but empty invective to throw in forumsdz. But if you presume you have the wisdom, experience, knowledge of psychology, and understanding of human mind to come with your half baked theories on Raja, then I must say I have never met a megalomaniac like you. Glad to meet you, humility mafia.

raja_fan
12th June 2012, 07:18 AM
Vallavare,

Sorry..It is "Thedi theerppom vaa", my mistake.

Sari...appadinnaa thedi thaan theerkkanum...Kamalai thaan thedittirukkom..

Ithanai naalaa english padathai kaapi adichchu thamizhla eduththum, thamizh pesum nallulagam adhu theriyaama avarai "ulaga naayagan"nnu kondaadinaangale...aamaam correct thaan...Kamal kuthirai ottina gundu chatti, thamizhnaadu thaan. Ulagame namakku thamizh naadu thaane...adhanaala avar nichayam "Ulaga naayagan" thaan.

Plum
12th June 2012, 08:15 AM
Avar thalaivar illai. Kalaignar. (Not mk). Kalaignnukkum thalaivanukkum vidhyaasam theriyAma, art-la politics paNNa ninaikkum ivargaLai pOndravargaL edhirpAppadhu dhaan humility, politeness.
endru tha|iyum indha humilty dhaagam. Endru madiyum engaL politeness mOgam?

Bala (Karthik)
12th June 2012, 09:30 AM
Kamal is struggling to give one hit for several years in Tamil
Ayya,
Welcome to planet earth
Manmadhan Ambu - Flop
UPO - Hit
Dasavatharam - Blockbuster
Vettaiyaadu Vilaiyaadu - Blockbuster
Rama Shyama Bhama - Superhit
Mumbai Express - Flop
Vassol Raaja MBBS - Hit
Virumaandi - Hit
Anbe Sivam - Flop

1. Thiruvaasagam would have been better had Raaja not sung
2. Raaja should speak this and not that. Rahman should speak this, could have spoken that.
3. Kamal is struggling to give hits for the last century
4. What next??? Raaja should wear blue colour veshti? Kamal does not enough money to pay his Neelankarai house rent?

Santhanam should make way for the real slim shady :notworthy:

Devaraagam
12th June 2012, 10:49 AM

1. Thiruvaasagam would have been better had Raaja :

Hi,

I have different point of view on the above statement. No one cannot bring the feel on thiruvasagam like IR and he was able to bring because he felt and moved with the lines. I feel if some other singer sings, wud have been done as another song, u cannot enjoy like this.

Bala (Karthik)
12th June 2012, 10:56 AM
Hi,

I have different point of view on the above statement. No one cannot bring the feel on thiruvasagam like IR and he was able to bring because he felt and moved with the lines. I feel if some other singer sings, wud have been done as another song, u cannot enjoy like this.
Devaraagam
Of course! That is not my opinion. The 4 points listed above are from prasad_subbu's posts

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
12th June 2012, 11:36 AM
Kamal is struggling to give one hit for several years in Tamil.

Loss reports keep coming( even now :lol2: ) for so called Industry Blockbusters. Compared to that, kamal not only has given original blockbusters too, he has been more stable in maintaining both the Mass + Class Hero, successfully.

But what to do, பிரசாத்_சுப்பு மாதிரியே நாட்ல பலபேருக்கு மூளை இருக்கவேண்டிய இடத்துல முட்டைகோஸ் இல்ல இருக்கு?!

raghavendran
12th June 2012, 11:37 AM
Bala sir
vasool raja superhit dhane? :roll:

ajaybaskar
12th June 2012, 11:40 AM
Bala sir
vasool raja superhit dhane? :roll:

Virumaandi koodathaan super hit. Bala sir, avaiyadakkam? :)

Bala (Karthik)
12th June 2012, 04:52 PM
Raghavendran/Ajay
Raging hit nu ellaam solla mudiyaadhu illaya, adhaan was conservative

prasad_subbu
12th June 2012, 05:17 PM
Ir should say X about Y. Rahman should say Z about IR. Mbbs doctor prescribe paNnittArpA? Can somebody recommend these fellers as speech writers for Raja and Rahman. And they can't even see the irony of the megalomania which leads them to prescribe behaviour for Raja and Rahman. Someone said it is ironic I(plum) talk about arrogance. What irony? I know everything about an arrogant mind. Who better than me to identify your arrogance? :). First of all, have the humility to understand that a creative mind of the order of Raja will not think like yours. You simply cannot presume avarukkum rendu kannu dhaane, avarum naanum onnu. You aren't. Try to accomodate different ways and behaviour, esp from a genius. And try to first understand what he is saying before getting sanctimonious. If not, you are just an arrogant pri*k who doesn't even have the volume of genius and achievement of the arrogant man whose arrogance you criticise.If your response is to point my character flaws, please understand that that's so not the point. You can evaluate me at your level for we are both insignificants with nothing but empty invective to throw in forumsdz. But if you presume you have the wisdom, experience, knowledge of psychology, and understanding of human mind to come with your half baked theories on Raja, then I must say I have never met a megalomaniac like you. Glad to meet you, humility mafia.

Being Ardent fan of IR and listening to him through out my prime life, I have always felt he did not get due recognition. Having him as music idol of my time, comes with some expectation on the way he expresses himself in public forum. You have your own way of expecting not expecting things from a genius. Who certified you are correct? It is just your way and you are entitled for it. This is my way and I am sure so many others way.

Yes, we are insignificant compared to what he has achieved. No doubt. But millions of insignificants thinking will make it significant, because there will not be purpose of any artist without fan base. So millions of fans feels like me, then it has a value. I have seen in several occassions youngsters shunning him(not for music) for the way he talks in any public event raising controversy of some sort. You may say it is their loss. But if there are plenty of loss, it is in a way IR's and our loss too as his fans. I have seen writing of sureshkumar(the guy who reviews music) saying that he somehow could not get his room mate to even listen IR song for opinion. This I feel due to the younger generation's opinion on IR as a person as he conveys himself in public.

Finally you don't have to take a personal dig on people who are IRs fan like but with different expectations. Nobody is doing it on you, right?

prasad_subbu
12th June 2012, 05:40 PM
Ayya,
Welcome to planet earth
Manmadhan Ambu - Flop
UPO - Hit
Dasavatharam - Blockbuster
Vettaiyaadu Vilaiyaadu - Blockbuster
Rama Shyama Bhama - Superhit
Mumbai Express - Flop
Vassol Raaja MBBS - Hit
Virumaandi - Hit
Anbe Sivam - Flop

1. Thiruvaasagam would have been better had Raaja not sung
2. Raaja should speak this and not that. Rahman should speak this, could have spoken that.
3. Kamal is struggling to give hits for the last century
4. What next??? Raaja should wear blue colour veshti? Kamal does not enough money to pay his Neelankarai house rent?

Santhanam should make way for the real slim shady :notworthy:

First of all, I am as much fan of Kamal in acting as IR in music. He motivated me to do some workouts and stay in shape.

I still stand in my opinion of IR singing full Thiruvasagam by himself. To me voice too matters. But I am seeing and respecting your opinions too. As I mentioned in my previous posts, it would have been very difficult to find a singer who can understand and emote, but not impossible. There are lot of Bhajan, devotional singers in TN, whose name we will not be familiar with. But as the project is funded in unique way, they might not had constraints in doing it. I don't think only IR singing can do justice. That is my opinion and that is what I expressed. Don't see anything wrong in it.

Regarding your list of Kamal hits, I atleast witnessed about movie vettaiyadu vilayadu. I was in TN during that time and saw that movie on Satyam complex on fourth day with my friend. Just went and bought tickets. It became Housefull eventually, but was not like first week. Also even me being a fan of Kamal do not find it great even though I watched it 3 times(subsequently in DVD and all). If this is definition of blockbuster, then may be today's block busters are like that. I think you made some of Kamal's so so movies as hit(you should be just a fan like me).

Kamal was struggling for last few years and could not get proper sponsor for Marmayogi. I read it in one of magazines and I think it is shelved. correct me, if I am wrong.
Now he is doing Viswaroopam(don't know whether it is his own production) which is good. Trailer do not look promising to me. I am very happy for his Holywood opportunity. He is getting it very late for what he has achieved.

I answered myself to plum on what I expect from my music idol on public forums. I actually talked about ARR opinions in support of what Sakala felt and ended up having Mutaai koos in place of brain.

Bala (Karthik)
12th June 2012, 05:45 PM
prasad_subbu
I don't give a damn about whose fan you are. Your statements on Kamal are factually a steaming pile of bull crap (it has nothing to do with what you or I like or dislike). Maybe when you visit earth next time, you will know better.

layman10
12th June 2012, 06:39 PM
What is this? Raja BGM only?!
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/82836.html

Sureshs65
12th June 2012, 07:11 PM
layman,

'Samrajyam', the movie's whose sequel Perarasu is supposed to direct, had music by Raja. It had no songs but the BGM was quoted in this forum quite often. It can so happen that they decided to have no songs in the sequel as well. In which case Raja will provide only the BGM.

Sureshs65
12th June 2012, 07:19 PM
prasad,

When we argue based on anecdotal evidence it will get us nowhere. Your friends don't like something, someone else wrote that his/her friend doesn't like something etc, cannot be taken seriously and can be countered by someone else saying, "I know 1000s of youngsters who love Raja because of the way he speaks in public. He doesn't give a shit about what people think. That is how we must be machan". This will only take us back and forth. All that can be said is that you have some expectation from Raja on how he should behave in public. And that is exactly that, just one opinion. Nothing more. Nothing less. As they say in management, "Never take your PPT seriously". Same way don't take your opinion too seriously. It is not that we think you are a top class guy whose opinion matters and so we are replying. We are just replying, one, to be polite. Two, because we hold opinions counter to yours about Raja. I think you have beaten your drum too long. It may be worthwhile if you can stop the same beat again and again. We hear you loudly but we don't care.

Regarding Kamal, as Bala(K) put it kindly, what you are talking is completely against available evidence. Again, anecdotal evidence of getting tickets on 4th day itself does not consititute clinching evidence. Moreover, if the discussion is going to spill out about Kamal, can you take it to the Tamil Film section. I can assure you there will be more than enough people there willing to engage with you. Let us keep this thread for Raja.

prasad_subbu
12th June 2012, 07:27 PM
prasad,

When we argue based on anecdotal evidence it will get us nowhere. Your friends don't like something, someone else wrote that his/her friend doesn't like something etc, cannot be taken seriously and can be countered by someone else saying, "I know 1000s of youngsters who love Raja because of the way he speaks in public. He doesn't give a shit about what people think. That is how we must be machan". This will only take us back and forth. All that can be said is that you have some expectation from Raja on how he should behave in public. And that is exactly that, just one opinion. Nothing more. Nothing less. As they say in management, "Never take your PPT seriously". Same way don't take your opinion too seriously. It is not that we think you are a top class guy whose opinion matters and so we are replying. We are just replying, one, to be polite. Two, because we hold opinions counter to yours about Raja. I think you have beaten your drum too long. It may be worthwhile if you can stop the same beat again and again. We hear you loudly but we don't care.

Regarding Kamal, as Bala(K) put it kindly, what you are talking is completely against available evidence. Again, anecdotal evidence of getting tickets on 4th day itself does not consititute clinching evidence. Moreover, if the discussion is going to spill out about Kamal, can you take it to the Tamil Film section. I can assure you there will be more than enough people there willing to engage with you. Let us keep this thread for Raja.

Point taken. I will just listen.

prasad_subbu
12th June 2012, 07:28 PM
prasad_subbu
I don't give a damn about whose fan you are. Your statements on Kamal are factually a steaming pile of bull crap (it has nothing to do with what you or I like or dislike). Maybe when you visit earth next time, you will know better.

As suresh suggested, no point in discussing kamal here.

Sureshs65
12th June 2012, 07:36 PM
prasad,

Thanks

app_engine
13th June 2012, 03:22 AM
Balance portion of the 1976 pEsum padam interview (transcript of the picture posted by pammalar sir in the Memories thread) :

"தங்களுடைய இசையமைப்பிற்கு இருக்கும் வரவேற்பைப் பற்றி என்ன நினைக்கிறீர்கள்?"

"நான் இசையமைத்த முதல் படத்தில் எனக்குக் கிடைத்த நற்பெயரைத் தொடர்ந்து காப்பற்றிக்கொள்ள வேண்டுமென்ற பயம் இருக்கிறது. ரசிகர்களின் மத்தியில் நிலவிவரும் ஓர் இனிய சூழ்நிலையை இனிவரும் படங்களின் மூலம் தக்கவைத்துக் கொள்வேன் என்ற நம்பிக்கை எனக்கிருக்கிறது. எனவே ஒவ்வொரு பாடலுக்கும் மிகுந்த கவனத்தோடு இசையமைத்து வருகிறேன்" இளையராஜாவின் பயங்கலந்த கவனம் பளிச்செனத் தெரிகிறது.

ஏற்கனவே புழக்கத்தில் இருந்த பழைய இசைக்கருவிகளை முடிந்த மட்டும் பயன்படுத்த வேண்டும் என்ற ஆர்வம் இளையராஜாவிற்கு நிறைய இருக்கிறது. மேலும், தயாரிப்பாளர்கள் ஆதரவு தருவார்களானால் திறமை மிக்க புதிய பின்னணிப் பாடகர்களையும், பாடகிகளையும் திரையுலகுக்கு கொண்டு வர முடியும் என்ற நல்லெண்ணத்தை இளையராஜாவிடம் பார்க்க முடிந்தது.

"எவ்வளவோ எதிர்ப்புகளுக்கு மத்தியில் என்னை பஞ்சு அண்ணன் 'அன்னக்கிளி' படத்துக்கு இசையமைப்பாளராக அறிமுகப்படுத்தினார். என் நெஞ்சில் நிறைந்திருக்கும் ஒரு அன்பு உருவம் பஞ்சு அண்ணன். அவரும் ரசிகர்களும் என் மீது வைத்திருக்கும் நம்பிக்கையை என்றென்றும் நிலைநிறுத்திக் கொள்வேன்" - நன்றியால் இளையராஜாவின் கண்கள் நனைகின்றன. உறுதியில் நெஞ்சு நிமிர்கிறது.

'அன்னக்கிளி' தந்த இளையராஜா எண்ணற்ற படங்களில் வரும் பாடல்களை இனிமை பயக்கச்செய்ய வாழ்த்துக்கூறி அவரிடமிருந்து விடை பெறுகிறேன்.

baroque
13th June 2012, 09:15 AM
Ilayaraja THE GREATEST! thanks, app_eng!

namba chinna vayasuley correct aa vandha, namba indha life ottiduvom with his soulful music's support!:ty:

Great! Kamal all getting ready to treat international audiences is it?

Good luck!
that's why, he is hitting the gym regularly, looking fresh!:swinghead: NICE!

ராஜா ராஜாதி ராஜன் இந்த ராஜா.....உண்டா கமல்'s team லே?
what a drumming in 1 st interlude!:smokesmirk: rhythmic delight!
vinatha.

jaiganes
13th June 2012, 10:28 AM
Ilayaraja THE GREATEST! thanks, app_eng!

namba chinna vayasuley correct aa vandha, namba indha life ottiduvom with his soulful music's support!:ty:

Great! Kamal all getting ready to treat international audiences is it?

Good luck!
that's why, he is hitting the gym regularly, looking fresh!:swinghead: NICE!

ராஜா ராஜாதி ராஜன் இந்த ராஜா.....உண்டா கமல்'s team லே?
what a drumming in 1 st interlude!:smokesmirk: rhythmic delight!
vinatha.
idhu ennaathukku?
if he is there - it is nice - but would rather be happy to have kamal collaborate with zimmer, thomas newman and
veruppethify them with how one man with no technology can precisely do what they are doing with studios, music editors
and supparasandis.

baroque
13th June 2012, 10:52 AM
sadharanama dhan ketten!

you don't need to bring your world music composer's knowledge and question me!:)

edho konjam konjam, Dirty Harry's bgm has jazz flavor, Catch me if you can movie track is very catchy Jazz etc... all these I get to hear when my hubby watches on & on Netflix:)

baroque
13th June 2012, 11:03 AM
Zimmer is Lion king's composer,inception etc..that I know.

seri.. unga punniyathuley.. THOMAS NEWMAN is Finding Nemo's composer appadinnu my hubby just enriched my knowledge!:-D

world music forum pageley, you and others are rocking some rock songs...

please introduce us some of these composers best works.

we listen whenever we can visit the thread.:musicsmile:

Sureshs65
13th June 2012, 12:14 PM
Jai,

:lol: That will actually be great. When for everything they produce, Kamal show a small clip with some BGM and says, 'avar appave pannittaaru. konjam pudhusa try pannungo'. And Hans Zimmer turning around and saying, "aaprasantigala. namba pudungina aani yellam vendaadha aaniyaam"

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
13th June 2012, 02:43 PM
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/hqlqjc
#ilayaraja #Kumudam

வாரந்தோறும் ராகதேவன் !

விழாவில் குமுதம் வாசகர்களுக்கு ஓர் இனிய அதிர்ச்சி! விரைவில் குமுதம் இதழில் ஒரு தொடர் எழுதப்போவதாகத் தனது பேச்சின் இடையே இளையராஜா அறிவிப்பார் என்று யாரும் எதிர்பார்க்கவில்லை. அதற்கு முன்னதாக வாரந்தோறும் ஒரு வாசகரின் கேள்விக்குப் பதிலும் சொல்லப் போகிறார்.

கேள்விகளை அனுப்பும் வாசகர்கள் இளையராஜாவை நேரில் சந்திக்கும் அறிய வாய்ப்பும் இருக்கிறது. ராகதேவனிடம் கேட்க வேண்டிய கேள்விகளை இப்போதே குறித்து வைத்துக்கொண்டு, தயாராக இருங்கள் வாசகர்களே !

நன்றி : குமுதம், 20,06,2012

Sureshs65
13th June 2012, 03:18 PM
அந்த கேள்வி கேக்கறவன நினைச்ச பரிதாபமாக இருக்கு. பதில் வந்த பிறகு எந்த ஆஸ்பத்திரியில் அவனை சந்திக்க வேண்டுமோ :lol:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
13th June 2012, 03:23 PM
மிஞ்சிப்போனா திட்டுவாரு! வாங்கிக்கவேண்டியதுதான்! இதுக்கு எதுக்குங்க ஆஸ்பத்திரி வரைக்கும் போறீங்க!

Devaraagam
13th June 2012, 03:41 PM
அந்த கேள்வி கேக்கறவன நினைச்ச பரிதாபமாக இருக்கு. பதில் வந்த பிறகு எந்த ஆஸ்பத்திரியில் அவனை சந்திக்க வேண்டுமோ :lol:
:lol: we can expect questions from all kind of persons and variety of response from IR

Sureshs65
13th June 2012, 03:54 PM
Sakala,

அவர் அடிக்க மாட்டாரு ஆனா அவர் கொடுத்த பதில புரிஞ்சிக்க முடியாம அவன் எதாவது ஆஸ்பத்திரியில சேருவான்!!!

Devaraagam
13th June 2012, 04:34 PM
One more News, Just read it from kumudam that the book release function is going to be telecast on 16th @ 3pm (IST) by Vijay TV. Enjoy to whoever in India.

jaiganes
13th June 2012, 06:17 PM
imagine some1 asking, ungalukku yaen innum bascar virudhu kedaikkalai?
Raajavoda badhil: enna avinga innum enakku adhai kudukkalai...

Devaraagam
13th June 2012, 07:19 PM
imagine some1 asking, ungalukku yaen innum bascar virudhu kedaikkalai?
Raajavoda badhil: enna avinga innum enakku adhai kudukkalai...
Jaiganes: the answer wud be like which he was telling during facilitation of AR Rehman. without artist what oscar can do. there no oscar when there is no artists.

I feel, lets stops all our imagination and wait for the actual answer.

irir123
13th June 2012, 08:49 PM
Zimmer is Lion king's composer,inception etc..that I know.

seri.. unga punniyathuley.. THOMAS NEWMAN is Finding Nemo's composer appadinnu my hubby just enriched my knowledge!:-D

world music forum pageley, you and others are rocking some rock songs...

please introduce us some of these composers best works.

we listen whenever we can visit the thread.:musicsmile:

enna ippadi sollipputtenga ? zimmer a vudunga - intha thomas newman laam relatively underrated - listen to his scores for 'road to perdition' etc - they are gorgeously newage, almost mystic! adhey madhiri alan sylvestri and the more recent alexandre displat (youtube la displat + ghost writer pottu paarunga - amazing soundtrack!) - idhu madhiri innum ethannayo per - of course Williams and Goldsmith are right there at the top!

there is one lady composer who is currently making waves and is touted to be the next big thing in Hollywood! trying to get her name

baroque
13th June 2012, 11:09 PM
:)

yeah.. thanks.

naan romba sadharanamana ponnu... :-D

I know JOHN WILLIAMS- Harry potter, Jurassic park, home alone etc..

JAMES HORNER - Avatar composer.

whenever my husband watches Clint Eastwood's movies, I really enjoy the sound tracks, jazz seems to be predominant, I love it.

one composer at a time, their best soundtracks , post them when you find time for us!

baroque
14th June 2012, 06:15 AM
adhey madhiri alan sylvestri.....

Thanks.
Often I see the name in movies played in TV aachennu.. thinking,:)
Stuart little, Father of the bride, What women want- Mel Gibson, Helen Hunt - romantic flick, one of my favorite movie.
( I play some movie & do my chores like ironing, folding, doing bills etc..):-D
Frank Sinatra's 'I've got you under my skin..',
THANKS IRIR123,
noted the composers You and Jai mentioning,
alexandre displat, thomas newman & alan sylvestri.
I listen to their original works like Back to the future, curious case of benjamin button, king's speech etc.. ( not the earlier american classics songs used in their movies.) with careful listen!
Vinatha

Devaraagam
14th June 2012, 02:28 PM
'bappilahari interview - from anatha vikatan"

''இளையராஜா, ரஹ்மான் மியூஸிக் எல்லாம் கேட்பீங்களா?''

''நிறைய! இளையராஜா அப்பவும் இப்பவும் எப்பவும் 'கிங் ஆஃப் மெலடி’தான். என்னால் சவுத்ல பெரிய இடம் பிடிக்க முடியாமப்போனதுக்கு இளையராஜாவின் இசை ஆளுமையும் ஒரு காரணம். தமிழ்நாட்டில் அவரைக் கடவுளா கொண்டாடுறாங்க. ஒரு தடவை சென்னையில் அவர்கிட்ட பேசினப்போ மியூஸிக்பத்திப் பேசாம ஆன்மிகம்பத்தி ரொம்ப ஆழமாப் பேசினார். ரஹ்மான், 'திலீப்’பா இருந்தப்பவே எனக்குத் தெரியும். 'ஹிம்மத்வாலா’னு நான் மியூஸிக் பண்ண படத்துக்கு கீ-போர்டு வாசிக்க ரஹ்மான் மும்பை வந்திருந்தார். அப்பவே அவர் சம்திங் ஸ்பெஷல்னு எனக்குத் தெரிஞ்சது. இப்போ ரெண்டு ஆஸ்கரோட அதை நிரூபிச்சுட்டார். 'குரு’ படத்தில் டைட்டில் பாட்டுப் பாட என்னைக் கூப்பிட்டு இருந்தார். சந்தோஷமாகப் போய் பாடினேன். அப்பவும் அதே பணிவான திலீப்பைத்தான் பார்த்தேன்!''

Devaraagam
14th June 2012, 02:30 PM
'''

conti..

''இப்போ மியூஸிக் டிரெண்டே மாறிருச்சே... இப்போ டிரெண்டுக்கு உங்களால இசையமைக்க முடியுமா?''

''19 வயதில் இண்டஸ்ட்ரிக்கு வந்த எனக்கு இப்போ வயசு 59. இன்னும் 20 வருஷம்கூட மியூஸிக் பண்ணுவேன். உடம்புதான் வெயிட் போட்டுருச்சே தவிர, இன்னும் நான் இளைஞன்தான். எஸ்.டி.பர்மன், ஆர்.டி.பர்மன், லக்ஷ்மிகாந்த்-பியாரிலால், இளையராஜா, ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் தவிர, வேற யார்கிட்ட ஒரிஜினாலிட்டி இருக்கு சொல்லுங்க. '

Chelian
15th June 2012, 09:56 AM
Guys,,,lets just discusss the great man's music...

Chelian
15th June 2012, 09:59 AM
I was and still hoping for some innovative vibrant tunes,,,,,but the pallavi of 'saindhu saindhu' looks so stale,,just like IR's recent tunes. I am praying there are indeed some hit material stuff in all the other tracks,,,,SOny couldn't have paid 2 Crores for some boring tunes,,,!!! :)

kannansanderson
15th June 2012, 11:36 AM

yeah.. thanks.

naan romba sadharanamana ponnu... :-D

I know JOHN WILLIAMS- Harry potter, Jurassic park, home alone etc..

JAMES HORNER - Avatar composer.

whenever my husband watches Clint Eastwood's movies, I really enjoy the sound tracks, jazz seems to be predominant, I love it.

one composer at a time, their best soundtracks , post them when you find time for us!

These links may give you more insight......

http://www.empireonline.com/features/john-williams/p1 80 Reasons Why John Williams Is The Man

http://composerfocus.com/5-orchestration-lessons-from-john-williams-flight-to-neverland/ 5 Orchestration Lessons from John Williams’ Flight to Neverland

http://www.jerrygoldsmithonline.com/

http://www.jwfan.com/

http://www.filmtracks.com/composers/williams.shtml

Gregorysab
15th June 2012, 01:40 PM
Read on facebook that Raaja & GVM are again in London. No idea why.

Sureshs65
15th June 2012, 05:09 PM
Kamal,

They are doing the BGM now.

Gregorysab
15th June 2012, 06:51 PM
Kamal,

They are doing the BGM now.

Ohoooo.. c'mon.. Bring on Raaja! but release the audio soon!

raja_fan
15th June 2012, 08:24 PM
Seems Gowtham has lot of money to pour in to this.

Mani + money + IR had been huge success in the past !
Now Mani is replaced with Goutham. Lets hope the result is the same !

baroque
15th June 2012, 08:46 PM

Thanks Kannansanderson for the links.

Thanks to Ilayaraja and his fans, John william's fine works like
superman theme, e.T, Jurassic park, Harry potter , Star Wars etc.. I took some quite time & enjoyed.

thanks to irir123 and jai, I am learning about alexander desplat for the couple of days, checked out Twilight Saga, the King's speech.

vinatha.

Devaraagam
16th June 2012, 04:02 AM
Hurray.....found new KR album called tuneega tuneega in Telugu. Mumbai rami FYI

MumbaiRamki
16th June 2012, 09:22 AM
Devaraagam

Thats a week old story :))

Devaraagam
16th June 2012, 12:08 PM
Devaraagam

Thats a week old story :)):) ho.....

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
16th June 2012, 06:20 PM
See Raja Sir's Reaction @ 4.50 :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGjAvpm_3OY

Devaraagam
16th June 2012, 08:20 PM
See Raja Sir's Reaction @ 4.50 :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGjAvpm_3OY not only at this point many times whenever some prize him overa..he was keeping his like iyyyey.....

MumbaiRamki
16th June 2012, 08:48 PM
Parthipeen

:) - Konjam sothapitaaro !

krish244
16th June 2012, 09:02 PM
GVM explaining how music of NEPV was made. You guys need to read it. Pretty interesting. GVM says, he got everything he wanted.

http://www.thehindu.com/arts/cinema/article3536499.ece

GVM is a hardcare guitar fan I guess. Yesterday, I watched VTV and songs/BGM was flourished with guitar!

thanks,

Krishnan

skr
16th June 2012, 09:21 PM
Guys ,
The link posted by Krish is the edited version of the interview ..

Please read the full interview of Baradwaj Rangan here ..
GVM has mentioned a lot about Raaja and the music of NEPV

I call it the Raaja Genre
http://baradwajrangan.wordpress.com/2012/06/16/i-call-it-the-raja-genre/

Gregorysab
16th June 2012, 11:38 PM
what an interview. One of the best ever!

The fan in Bharadwaj Rangam comes to the fore. Brilliant questions ("What is this new sound you are talking about?"). He did not let the director away with surface level and abstract answers. He really probed every step. Bharadwaj should be commended for this indepth peek. Amazing! This interview is for keeps.

Coming to what GVM has done, its amazing. I dont know how the music will be... but the whole interaction between GVM-Raaja seems to be different from the interactions between other directors & raaja. Not that I heard those interactions... but somewhere, there is a sense of being 'specific' ("first male voice, then I want the guitars to creep in"). I dont know if any director earlier had so much leeway in telling him when and which instrument should come. And what is important is that Raaja has given him that space (signs of *Raaja's flexibility*?). And I like it that GVM said "Stop", after 3 songs. Yes, Raaja could have delivered all 8 songs. But GVM slowed it down with a "take it easy dude.. lets savour this first" :-)

More thoughts later!

rajaramsgi
17th June 2012, 02:17 AM
Guys ,
http://www.thehindu.com/arts/cinema/article3536499.ece

Good one from Gautham Menon, now we are getting to know more and more of Raja sir's style of working. All of our expectations are running high on NEPV. Can't wait to hear it, I want to get few CDs and distribute to my friends.

Super lines yaa.. nalla karpanai from bharadwaj

KJY: Yerikkarai poongaathe…
(Flute: Yeah, you talkin’ to me?)
KJY: Nee pora vazhi thenkizhakko…
(Flute: Perhaps. Why do you ask?)
KJY: Thenkizhakku vaasamalli…
(Flute: What about it?)
KJY: Yenna thedi vara thoodhu sollu…
(Flute: Hmm… lemme think about it…)

app_engine
17th June 2012, 09:59 AM
Contrary to many thinking that BR is "well-exposed" to IR, I think he has sampled him too less (even from 70's / 80's)... too much stereo typing of IR like this flute thingy :mad:

Also, his questions are not that extraordinary IMSO! Any average hubber from this forum would have done the same job, easily (I mean even me)!

adhukku oru NA winning critic thEvaiyE illai :mad again:

app_engine
17th June 2012, 10:00 AM
With this interview piece, BR is proving that he has "lost it".

Very mediocre!

app_engine
17th June 2012, 10:02 AM
This 'rAjA genre' thingy is a hub-copyright! If anyone, rajasaranam is entitled to it :-)

Appreciate Gautam for being in sync with the hub :-)

(BRangan using it as the heading for his blog is quite unimaginative)

app_engine
17th June 2012, 10:05 AM
Hubbers, please don't praise sky-high such mediocre blog posts! Simply because this BRangan had been in the limelight doesn't entitle him to write vAikku vandhadhu about rAsA!

There had / have been much better discussions / analysis of IR music in tfmpage!

app_engine
17th June 2012, 10:13 AM
IR was playing benefit match for MSV prior to agni* (mellaththiRandhadhu kadhavu).

How on earth would have MR approached MSV?

Absolute trashy writing with simply no reverence to history or the phenomenon that is IR :more mad:

idhukku appuRamum he can't claim the "IR fan" tag!

Also where is Bharathiraja in TF market? (or any market?) Should he be even a point of discussion when talking about IR?

Also, MR left him for sheer political reasons (not like Sridhar leaving MSV or KB leaving MSV. They ran to IR to add commercial value! OTOH, MR was part of the industry conspiracy to kill a rare talent like IR when he was at his peak. thaLapathi is still considered a momentous album! Was MSV in such a position when people feverishly signed up IR? oLaRal...also, at the time of agni*, MSV was not in any reckoning anywhere. Now, while IR is not a force in TFM, he is still considered valuable in other markets! ).

Trashy blog post!

app_engine
17th June 2012, 10:18 AM
ivanga (MR-BR-vaigayaRA) Odipponadhukku appuRamum, Kamal was with IR. Fazil stuck to him. Balu Mahendra continued with him.

There was this Bala who did a few (award-winning) movies with IR and Sethu was a commercial biggie as well. Thangar Bachan made azhagi and opened his directorial account gloriously.

BRangan is like 'kaNNai moodikkoNda poonai' - correct illustration by V_Sji in another thread :-)

app_engine
17th June 2012, 10:20 AM
Just for the sake of record, another "new age" director also worked with IR, after proving himself successful with another MD for two big hits (Mysskin).

Though he is not in the same league as Gautam (struggled to release nandalAlA), for argument's sake, he "preceded" Gautam!

app_engine
17th June 2012, 10:24 AM
Another youth case is Suseendran. He did a huge VKK hit with a newcomer MD. Then did a reasonably successful NMA with Yuvan.

He could've continued with such youth talents. However, signed up IR for ASK :-)

BRangan idhellAm gavanikkaRadhE illai pOla!

(Just for the same "records" purpose, Hariharan-MT had come for the first time to IR for PR, after phenomenally successful with Bombay Ravi for many of their movies prior. Sathyan Anthikkad came to IR only in the late-90's. He was also a big musical success with other MDs prior...to this day, Shyam's 'vaishAka sandhyE' for his nAdOdikkARRu is a big fav with me. His is another case of "reverse")

app_engine
17th June 2012, 10:42 AM
I remember reading an IR interview in vikatan around the time of KM / devadhai (late 90's).

He said in that interview, that, like a star batsmen, he had always been scoring runs. People in the stadium got their attention diverted from the batsman to a kavarchchi nadigai who entered into the audience area (new age composers).

rajaramsgi
17th June 2012, 12:35 PM
Hubbers, please don't praise sky-high such mediocre blog posts! Simply because this BRangan had been in the limelight doesn't entitle him to write vAikku vandhadhu about rAsA!

There had / have been much better discussions / analysis of IR music in tfmpage!

app_engine, edited version of his interview with GVM in http://www.thehindu.com/arts/cinema/article3536499.ece has the correct dose, that is what we need to account bharadwaj for. he can say anything in his personal blog, which we don't have to care much. Same as you, I did not enjoy much of his 'introduction' to the interview and also 'after the interview'.

I liked the way how GVM put how his interaction with Raja sir was and how the songs evolved and completed. If he don't say this, we won't know. I am sure at least 2000 to 3000 Raja sir's songs has some brilliant experiences and stories behind each one of them. Hope, we will hear those stories from the concerned directors themselves one day but we may not because no one cares anymore to share history :-(

Also, I wonder if GVM has bi-polar disorder?? Though he has all the rights to choose his crew to work with, choosing Prasad Studio and Panchathan Inn on successive movies is bit too much. I am not saying Raja sir and ARR are enemies, but their style of functioning is completely opposite and how GVM makes himself fit into both worlds?

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
17th June 2012, 03:58 PM
http://www.flipkart.com/how-to-name-it-music/p/itmd7ct5pzns7ejz?pid=AVMD7CTFZPP3QNWP

http://img8.flixcart.com/image/av-media/music/n/w/p/how-to-name-it-400x400-imad87vfka5yfhma.jpeg

How To Name It
(Music, Audio CD)
Label: Saga Music
Price: Rs. 116

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
17th June 2012, 04:03 PM
One also shud consider that its IR who refused Maniratnam's offer when he came for Iruvar.
Again it is IR who said no to Rajini when he approached IR for baatshah
A small bit is, K.B approached IR for his movie Kalki (thru some mediator only!) and IR rejected that too

Devaraagam
17th June 2012, 04:05 PM
App, rajaramsgi - I am with you on the B.rangan introduction like comparing MR going to MSV but I liked GVM's explanation as he was explaining with complete passion and the surprises which he got during his interaction with IR

am0228
17th June 2012, 06:14 PM
Coming back to the forum after a decade.. BR interview was terrible and child like...going after composing nuances of IR, which has been oft repeated a zillion times in various platforms. There is nothing new in the composing process, in fact it remains the same from Annakili days,it is just the creative energy and willingness to experiment which is fascinating at this age.

This guy will clearly go down as India's greatest composer( I am including all genres... far surpassing the trinity and anyone above the Vindhyas)

-Anand

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
17th June 2012, 08:22 PM
Kumudam Nool Veliyeetu Vizha - Official Vijay TV Video!!

See the beginning! When they mention about Raja's other language films, see what films they show! Vijay TV :clap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VqWfhaY-dA&feature=plcp

Plum
17th June 2012, 10:20 PM
AM - Anand Mahadevan?

Plum
17th June 2012, 11:12 PM
For long I have lamented that IR didnt have a Kannadasan like MSV did. It turns out I had been looking at it too literally - expecting a lyricist like Kannadasan to be IR's Kannadasan. Actually, in this generation, IR is Kannadasan - the Lord and Master of his field, whose works made it clear that there wasnt going to be a challenger in terms of quality in centuries even during the time of the creations - and Kamal is his MSV. Wonderful, wonderful speech by Kamal again on his lover.

SVN
17th June 2012, 11:52 PM
The guy who sang Poongaathu Thirumbuma is a great find. Good voice, breath control, combined with superb diction. Nasal male singers, with attrocious Tamizh pronunciation, make way for this new voice.

V_S
17th June 2012, 11:59 PM
App,
Thanks for echoing my thoughts with more details :clap:. I have registered my concerns there as well.

sakala,
Thanks for the video. Yes, Kamal's speech is truly wonderful. This is the real bond of love he has for Maestro and his music. :notworthy:

BTW, did I see my favorite Ramarajan, when Madura marikkozhunthu was on? Good to see him after a long time. Another double surprise moment to me today is, as soon I watched this video and was watching TV (again Vijay TV) where they were showing Prasanna-Sneha wedding. I got to see another my favorite Mr. (Mike) Mohan wishing the couple. Double surprise. Can they spring back in action?

rajaramsgi
18th June 2012, 03:27 PM
The guy who sang Poongaathu Thirumbuma is a great find. Good voice, breath control, combined with superb diction. Nasal male singers, with attrocious Tamizh pronunciation, make way for this new voice.

His name is Mukesh, an excellent yet simple budding singer. Introduced by ARR in kangalal kaidhu Sei on the Song thee kuruviyai (my favorite) See http://www.thiraipaadal.com/singer.php?SGRID=Mukesh He is much better than many singers singing for Raja, hope Raja liked his voice from that program and will give him a chance.

rajaramsgi
18th June 2012, 08:05 PM
Kumudam Nool Veliyeetu Vizha - Official Vijay TV Video!!

இருந்தாலும், இந்த புகழ் எல்லாம் தனக்கு ஒரு பொருட்டே இல்லை என்பதை தெளிவாக புரிந்து வைத்திருக்கிறார் - இன்று நேற்று அல்ல, 30 ஆண்டுகளுக்கு முன்னரே அந்த பக்குவம் அவருக்கு வந்து விட்டது.

கமல் பங்க்ஷன் நடந்துட்டு இருக்கும் போது பாதியிலேயே கெளம்பி போய்ட்டாரு போல. அவளோ பிஸியா?

தேவயாணி பிட் ஏங்க? வேஸ்ட் ஆப் ராஜா'ஸ் டைம்.

மேலும், ஒரு கிளாசிக் விழாவிற்கு நிகழ்ச்சி தொகுப்பாளரை எப்படிங்க செலக்ட் பண்றாங்க, ஆச்சர்யமாக இருக்கிறது.

இந்த மாதிரி சந்தர்பங்களில் எல்லாம் சுஜாதா போன்றோர் இல்லையே என்று நான் ஏங்குவதுண்டு.

SVN
18th June 2012, 08:27 PM
இந்த பார்த்திபன் மாதிரி ஆட்களை இந்த மாதிரி விழாக்களில் இருந்து கொஞ்சம் தள்ளி வைத்தால் தேவலை!
உளறல் என்றால் அப்படி ஒரு உளறல் களஞ்சியம்!

ராஜா மீது உள்ள பற்றைக் காண்பித்துக்கொள்ள இப்படியெல்லாமா உளறுவார்கள்?

Sample 1: நான் ராஜாவைக்காதலிக்கிறேன், அதனால், நான் ஒரு ஓரினச்சேர்க்கையாளன்! (I love Raja, so I can be considered a homosexual)
Sample 2: மனதோடு மனம் கலவி கொள்ளும்! (love-making between two minds)
என்ன சார் இது! கலவி, புணர்வு, சேர்க்கை- இந்த மாதிரி vocabulary - வைத்துக்கொண்டு இவிங்க எல்லாம் தன்னைப்பற்றி மகா கவிஞன் என்று நினைத்து தொடர் கட்டுரை எழுத, ஆனந்த விகடன் மாதிரி பத்திரிகைகளும் ஜால்ரா போட்டு ஏத்தி விட்டுட்டாய்ங்க! தாங்க முடியல சாமி!

SoftSword
18th June 2012, 08:35 PM
lol at parthiban going by the post above...
he always tries to impress ppl/audience in any function...

extreme version of wat kamal says 'unga kaithattukkaaga dhaaan naanga idhellaam seirom' and this RP says 'ungala kaithattavekka naanga enna venaa seivom'...

venkkiram
18th June 2012, 08:47 PM
கமல் பங்க்ஷன் நடந்துட்டு இருக்கும் போது பாதியிலேயே கெளம்பி போய்ட்டாரு போல. அவளோ பிஸியா? எனக்கு ஒரு விதத்தில் இது நல்லதாகவே பட்டது. உதாரணத்திற்கு ராஜாவின் பேச்சைச் சொல்லலாம். மொழியை விட இசையே பெரியது. பெயரை திருப்பி சொன்னால் பொருள் கொடுக்குமா? ஆனால் இசையை திருப்பி வாசித்தாலும் பொருள் கொடுக்கும். சுரங்களை முன்னதாகவும், பின்னதாகவும் சொல்லிக் காண்பிக்கிறார். இந்தக் கூத்தையெல்லாம் எப்படி மொழிக் காதலன் கமல் பார்த்துக் கொண்டு இருப்பார்? (கமல் அதையும் சகித்துக் கொண்டே இருப்பார் என்பது வேறு விஷயம்!). இந்த வறட்டு கெளரவம், கர்வம் (மொழியெல்லாம் தூசு! இசைதான் டாப்பு என்ற சித்தாந்தம்) ராஜாவுக்கு பல வருடங்களாக உண்டு. அவ்வப்போது வெவ்வேறு வடிவங்களில், வார்த்தைகளில் வெளிவந்து கொண்டே இருக்கும் அவரது உரைகளில். இனி கமல் போலவே நானும் பாதி வேளையிலேயே எழுந்து செல்லலாம் என முடிவு செய்துவிட்டேன். ஏனெனில் ராஜாவின் பேச்சில் இருக்கும் இனிப்பு சுவையை இதுபோன்ற மிளகாய் நெடி ஒட்டுமொத்தமாய் சிதைத்து விடுகிறது. ராஜா நீங்க இசை ராஜா! (அவ்வளவுதான்) என்னுள் இருக்கும் அந்த பிம்பம் கடைசி வரை உடையாமல் இருக்கணும் என்றால் அவரது பேச்சை முழுவதுமாக புறக்கணிப்பதைத் தவிர வேறு வழியில்லை.

raja_fan
18th June 2012, 09:10 PM
இந்த பார்த்திபன் மாதிரி ஆட்களை இந்த மாதிரி விழாக்களில் இருந்து கொஞ்சம் தள்ளி வைத்தால் தேவலை!
உளறல் என்றால் அப்படி ஒரு உளறல் களஞ்சியம்!

ராஜா மீது உள்ள பற்றைக் காண்பித்துக்கொள்ள இப்படியெல்லாமா உளறுவார்கள்?

Sample 1: நான் ராஜாவைக்காதலிக்கிறேன், அதனால், நான் ஒரு ஓரினச்சேர்க்கையாளன்! (I love Raja, so I can be considered a homosexual)
Sample 2: மனதோடு மனம் கலவி கொள்ளும்! (love-making between two minds)
என்ன சார் இது! கலவி, புணர்வு, சேர்க்கை- இந்த மாதிரி vocabulary - வைத்துக்கொண்டு இவிங்க எல்லாம் தன்னைப்பற்றி மகா கவிஞன் என்று நினைத்து தொடர் கட்டுரை எழுத, ஆனந்த விகடன் மாதிரி பத்திரிகைகளும் ஜால்ரா போட்டு ஏத்தி விட்டுட்டாய்ங்க! தாங்க முடியல சாமி!

Mannikkavum. Saakkadai enraal adharkkenru oru manam undu allavaa..

Kamal mattum enna ? adhuvum paathi saakkadai thaan...man madha ambu pada paadal veliyeettu vizhaavil avar pesaatha aabaasamaa ?
idhai ellaam sonnaal, namma society, culture ellaam ippadi thaan enru kallaal adikka varuvaargal...edhukku vambu...

San_K
18th June 2012, 09:11 PM
மொழியை விட இசையே பெரியது. பெயரை திருப்பி சொன்னால் பொருள் கொடுக்குமா? ஆனால் இசையை திருப்பி வாசித்தாலும் பொருள் கொடுக்கும். சுரங்களை முன்னதாகவும், பின்னதாகவும் சொல்லிக் காண்பிக்கிறார்.

Naanum idhai avvalavaga rasikkavillai. However this is very tricky statement. First I take lyrics instead of langauge but still I think raaja indirectly said language (sound form) is subset of sound (music) and hence big, small concept comes. So ithoda vittudalam :lol:

raja_fan
18th June 2012, 09:13 PM
எனக்கு ஒரு விதத்தில் இது நல்லதாகவே பட்டது. உதாரணத்திற்கு ராஜாவின் பேச்சைச் சொல்லலாம். மொழியை விட இசையே பெரியது. பெயரை திருப்பி சொன்னால் பொருள் கொடுக்குமா? ஆனால் இசையை திருப்பி வாசித்தாலும் பொருள் கொடுக்கும். சுரங்களை முன்னதாகவும், பின்னதாகவும் சொல்லிக் காண்பிக்கிறார். இந்தக் கூத்தையெல்லாம் எப்படி மொழிக் காதலன் கமல் பார்த்துக் கொண்டு இருப்பார்? (கமல் அதையும் சகித்துக் கொண்டே இருப்பார் என்பது வேறு விஷயம்!). இந்த வறட்டு கெளரவம், கர்வம் (மொழியெல்லாம் தூசு! இசைதான் டாப்பு என்ற சித்தாந்தம்) ராஜாவுக்கு பல வருடங்களாக உண்டு. அவ்வப்போது வெவ்வேறு வடிவங்களில், வார்த்தைகளில் வெளிவந்து கொண்டே இருக்கும் அவரது உரைகளில். இனி கமல் போலவே நானும் பாதி வேளையிலேயே எழுந்து செல்லலாம் என முடிவு செய்துவிட்டேன். ஏனெனில் ராஜாவின் பேச்சில் இருக்கும் இனிப்பு சுவையை இதுபோன்ற மிளகாய் நெடி ஒட்டுமொத்தமாய் சிதைத்து விடுகிறது. ராஜா நீங்க இசை ராஜா! (அவ்வளவுதான்) என்னுள் இருக்கும் அந்த பிம்பம் கடைசி வரை உடையாமல் இருக்கணும் என்றால் அவரது பேச்சை முழுவதுமாக புறக்கணிப்பதைத் தவிர வேறு வழியில்லை.

enna aachchu venkiram ?!?!?!
ippo neenga koluththi podareengale ? :)

btw.., unga photovaa adhu ? serialla nadikkira andha nabar neenga thaanaa ?

rajaramsgi
18th June 2012, 09:36 PM
raja_fan, what a coincidence? looks like all Raja Fans think alike all the time.. I was just cross checking with my wife about Venkiram. She said it might be JJ from Selvi :-) and he has acted in many movies in the 80s. I was about to write something about him here and you asked the question ahead of me.

Anyways, Venkiram wait pannunga, you threw your feelings about Raja in a bad way - many of us are going to chase you shortly like wolves :banghead:

jaiganes
18th June 2012, 09:42 PM
enna oru expectashun?

layman10
18th June 2012, 11:01 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/tamil/arts_and_culture/2012/06/120618_olympicsong.shtml

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/music/4378971/The-winners-iPodium.html

p
18th June 2012, 11:08 PM

A while back posted a video ad of the same.
http://vimeo.com/38152967

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
18th June 2012, 11:11 PM
First, Raja is/was arrogant
Next, his fans (read hub IR fans)
now those who speak in praise of them

Needless to say, other MDs and those who praise them nd their respective fans are LightHouse Examples of how to speak/behave etc etc etc

irir123
19th June 2012, 01:45 AM
Mannikkavum. Saakkadai enraal adharkkenru oru manam undu allavaa..

Kamal mattum enna ? adhuvum paathi saakkadai thaan...man madha ambu pada paadal veliyeettu vizhaavil avar pesaatha aabaasamaa ?
idhai ellaam sonnaal, namma society, culture ellaam ippadi thaan enru kallaal adikka varuvaargal...edhukku vambu...

Kamal appdi innaanga sonnaaru ?

baroque
19th June 2012, 03:53 AM

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/music/4378971/The-winners-iPodium.html

that's wonderful!

Ram Lakshmanan, what a foot tapping album from Early Ilayaraja!:redjump:

Let the world go mad with IR-SPB offering! :happydance:

naan petra inbum neengalum peruga!

vizhiyil en vizhiyil oru poo pooththadhu poo ingu pennaanadhu...!:musicsmile:

baroque
19th June 2012, 04:48 AM
A while back posted a video ad of the same.
http://vimeo.com/38152967

:redjump:

some of us are running around in IR's music bhodhai from childhood!

endhan kannil ezhulagangal vaarai kannaa vaa....:musicsmile:

AravindMano
19th June 2012, 04:59 AM
ராஜா நீங்க இசை ராஜா! (அவ்வளவுதான்) என்னுள் இருக்கும் அந்த பிம்பம் கடைசி வரை உடையாமல் இருக்கணும் என்றால் அவரது பேச்சை முழுவதுமாக புறக்கணிப்பதைத் தவிர வேறு வழியில்லை.

நீங்கள் சொல்கிற எதிலும் சாரமில்லை அவர் இசை ராஜா என்றால் ராஜா தான். என்ன பேசினாலும், பேசாவிட்டாலும். உங்களுக்கு எப்போதுமே ராஜாவை தூக்கி சிகரத்தில் வைத்து.. ’ஆனால்..’ என்று ஓரிண்டு குறை சொல்லி கொஞ்சம் கீழிறக்கா விட்டால் உங்களுக்கு தூக்கம் வராது. நீங்கள் அவரை அவரின் இசையை தவிர வேறெதை வைத்து விமர்சித்தாலும் நானும் பாதியில் படிப்பதை நிறுத்த வேண்டியிருக்கிறது.

AravindMano
19th June 2012, 05:03 AM
Too much of Rangan bashing here. Not good. We are becoming very touchy.

kiru
19th June 2012, 06:56 AM
Too much of Rangan bashing here. Not good. We are becoming very touchy.

Exactly my feelings. He did talk about a song he heard. Why are we not speculating about that instead ? :-) I am more of a "orchestral" kind of guy than a "new beat" kind of guy. So I am excited about the 108 piece orchestra. I also think IR probably did not take GVM's suggestion of silence/guitar coming in at this point etc literally, but probably had that as a model and delivered with the right amount of silence/musical flourish at the right times.
Very good possibility, this is going to be a good album. The key to getting the most out of IR is picking the right tune. Looks like IR did give him a mix with drums and guitar as well to get an idea which probably is a departure for IR from the past. So I am hoping GVM got good tunes. If the tunes are good, IR will write super orchestration as well. The lyricists also seem to be indirectly influenced to do a better job. Overall I continue to be positive, even though the waiting is killing :-)

baroque
19th June 2012, 07:33 AM
in some thread, here I think, there is an instrumental teaser.

it is AWESOME!:musicsmile:

app_engine
19th June 2012, 08:55 AM
Exactly my feelings. He did talk about a song he heard. Why are we not speculating about that instead ?

'konjam vayiththerichchal'nu vachchukkangaLEn :-)

Here's a guy who declares "I'm no longer standing in this church" and gets to hear the latest latest of rAsA ahead of all, personally played to him by the director.

OTOH, nALellAm koLkai muzhakkam paNravanga are damned to hear only Yuvan teaser :-)

V_S
19th June 2012, 09:33 AM
It is not just about BR, to me it is mainly about the mentality about people who criticize on Raja's work post 90s. For the past twenty years how many times did we hear against Raja's sincere works. Sound seriyilla, recording seriyilla, outdated, sharp'a irrukku, Raja is not like 80s, 'tabla' Raja, template stuff, avar paadakoodathu, he should retire, synth sariya use panna theriyila, he should go back to his forte of live instruments, comparing him with each and every music directors (who were born today) at their will, composes in same raagams, direct dismissals and what not. Thousands of criticism like this. Has any composer got these many credentials for doing original work? Really I am tired of all this.

Has any composer done better than him at all continuously for these 35 years? Even mediocre composers/music directors escape with no bruises even after shamelessly lifting tunes for their songs and BGM. Not even that, they are highly praised today even after stealing stuff from west. For a man who knows nothing but music and who does music in original and pure form, is this all he deserves?. They highly distort the facts about him. He has given us millions of unforgettable moments. Why should we not speak for him?

Sureshs65
19th June 2012, 09:54 AM
Aravind,

On on the other hand I think lot of people are getting touchy about people bashing BR :) If someone like Raja can be bashed by all and sundry (just check Venkiram's recent funny post) why can't BR be bashed. After Raja is 'Raja' of music. You can't claim that BR is 'Raja' of criticism. So some bashing is fair enough. And I feel what V_S says is right. We can hear lot of Raja bashing from his 80s fans etc but when an 'Award Winning' critic also talks like an ordinary fan, then people who have views in contrast to his, will obviously say what they feel.

So all I say to you people, BR is not that great that you have to go out of limb to defend him. For what he wrote, he got what he deserved here. So I say the same thing to you. Don't be touchy about BR :D

Plum
19th June 2012, 11:06 AM
AM - don't think much BR bashing here. People are just expressing their opinion against his opinion. I find this funny - Raja fan and co. Will come and throw unfounded allegations and call celebrities names here - and when they are given the same medicine, cry about Raja fans ganging up to bash them. idhu enna hypcrisy?

Gregorysab
19th June 2012, 11:24 AM
I dont know if its bashing or criticism or whatever! But at a broad level, if everyone here feels that BR does not have any hidden agenda to put down IR, then it all boils down to 'personal taste' right. Fans can probably bash him up if he has any personal agenda to insult IR. On the contrary, I feel, he does respect IR. And with that, if he likes some songs and if he doesnt like some songs, it is matter of personal taste. And that MSV comparison, though misplaced, does not seem intentional. He probably meant to illustrate an example where a director went for someone up in the hierarchy after working with someone perceived to be 'trendy in the current times'. I feel he did not mean that a director has gone to someone who has run out of steam.

I dont mean to defend BR because he doesnt pay me for that :-) But just that I did not find the interview that offensive as it did to some of the fans here. I liked the fact that he got a director speak the things which fans (only) here know - the process. A large part of the world are aliens to the process of making music, irrespective of who the composer is. All they are bothered about is - "Is the song good (catchy)?" or "Is this song a hit?". In that sense, BR's article atleast acts like a PR, not just for NEPV but for Raaja. Some of my friends, who are composer-agnostic in their liking of music, read the article and felt it was very interesting. Again, I know that BR did not do it for charity or something. Just that this interview was better than all the interviews that Prakash Raj did for Dhoni or any interview by any director, who does not talk so much about the process usually and ends up saying general statements such as "He used live instruments, it was awesome feel".

Anyway, I guess we can now look forward to the album.

PS: I am sure BR will review that album. Waiting for more fireworks here, after that review is out ;-)

kiru
19th June 2012, 12:43 PM
ok. ok .. you guys are mad. I have no choice but to attack venkiram now :-)
Seriously, I think, many of us are treating IR like a standard human being. I think HE is not. No, he is not God or Evil. He is an example of the extreme power of human mind, of what it can achieve when focussed on a subject intently and that it works so furiously and fast even the owner of the mind does not know how it happens !!!
I think it happens to many of us too but not that often or regularly :-) .. Have you ever went to sleep with a problem at work or home and when you wakeup suddenly the solution dawns on you. Exactly the same thing happens when you know the seven swaras and you are constantly making permutations and combinations of it all the time. In the case of IR, it happens when he is awake and happens every day..Imagine 5000 main tunes and so many bits and pieces everyday.. The mind is totally focussed on the notes the linear sequencing of them and many times, the parallel sequencing of them .. (counterpoints, harmony, chords). When the mind is doing such intense and fruitful activity.. do you think the mundane aspects of daily, the niceties , politeness and understatements/overstatements or sophistry any important ? When the fire is small we can control and make it do what we want.. when it is big like the Sun.. just worship .. ok you dont have to worship ..just dont go near .. you will get burnt. Just enjoy the sunlight from far away.
This is reality folks.. we are all human beings .. we should respect each other well.. but some people are special.. Certain standards do not apply to them.. As simple as that. To be specific, just listen to the music.. enjoy it or complain about it.. but it is difficult for you or me to understand the mind that creates such an ocean of it..
(venkiram.. you know this is not targeted at you .. just my thoughts .. no offence meant )

Sureshs65
19th June 2012, 01:14 PM
kiru,

A digression but a relevant one. I have heard this story about a Sarangi player (was it Bundu Khan?). Musicians those times were so immersed in their music and this is an example which demonstrated it.

This great Sarangi player was working in Lucknow AIR during late 1940s/50s. Sarangi artists used to accompany the singers. Babu Rajendra Prasad, the first President of India, was to visit AIR Lucknow, and the whole AIR station was in a flux with people running helter skelter making all the arrangements. This Sarangi player asked one guy, "Why all this commotion?" "Babu Rajendra Prasad is coming". Immediately the Sarangi player went to the station director and said, "I heard someone called Babu Rajendra Prasad is coming tomorrow. I want to accompany him on the sarangi" !!!

Not only did he not know who our President was but he was also sure that such commotion can only happen for a top class musicians. Why would anyone worry about anyone else? :D

As you say, Raja is so focused on music that everything else doesn't matter to him. If he feels lyrics are no importance, that is because he has shown time and again that he can get the intended emotion through music and make you 'feel' it even with substandard lyrics. Unfortunately for people like Vairamuthu, if he doesn't have Raja or a Rahman, he was unable to shine. (Kannadasan ofcourse is a different matter. Even for Veda he has given some unforgettable lyrics.)

San_K
19th June 2012, 02:07 PM
நீங்கள் சொல்கிற எதிலும் சாரமில்லை அவர் இசை ராஜா என்றால் ராஜா தான். என்ன பேசினாலும், பேசாவிட்டாலும். உங்களுக்கு எப்போதுமே ராஜாவை தூக்கி சிகரத்தில் வைத்து.. ’ஆனால்..’ என்று ஓரிண்டு குறை சொல்லி கொஞ்சம் கீழிறக்கா விட்டால் உங்களுக்கு தூக்கம் வராது. நீங்கள் அவரை அவரின் இசையை தவிர வேறெதை வைத்து விமர்சித்தாலும் நானும் பாதியில் படிப்பதை நிறுத்த வேண்டியிருக்கிறது.

nachu :)

Venki, neenga solradhu olympic 100m race-la first vanthavara jattiya thiruppu pottathukkaga disqualify panna maathiri irukku

KV
19th June 2012, 02:28 PM
//
from rangamani's comments section...

"I say, a good Tarantino-esque idea to cleanse Thamizh Film Music, would be to lock HJ and Thaman in the same room and tell them that the survivor from their duel will be left alive.
Thaman reduces HJ to pulp and then gets shot as he walks out."

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

//

senthilv.com
19th June 2012, 02:36 PM
எனக்கு ஒரு விதத்தில் இது நல்லதாகவே பட்டது. உதாரணத்திற்கு ராஜாவின் பேச்சைச் சொல்லலாம். மொழியை விட இசையே பெரியது. பெயரை திருப்பி சொன்னால் பொருள் கொடுக்குமா? ஆனால் இசையை திருப்பி வாசித்தாலும் பொருள் கொடுக்கும். சுரங்களை முன்னதாகவும், பின்னதாகவும் சொல்லிக் காண்பிக்கிறார். இந்தக் கூத்தையெல்லாம் எப்படி மொழிக் காதலன் கமல் பார்த்துக் கொண்டு இருப்பார்? (கமல் அதையும் சகித்துக் கொண்டே இருப்பார் என்பது வேறு விஷயம்!). இந்த வறட்டு கெளரவம், கர்வம் (மொழியெல்லாம் தூசு! இசைதான் டாப்பு என்ற சித்தாந்தம்) ராஜாவுக்கு பல வருடங்களாக உண்டு. அவ்வப்போது வெவ்வேறு வடிவங்களில், வார்த்தைகளில் வெளிவந்து கொண்டே இருக்கும் அவரது உரைகளில்.
Raja has every right to have an opinion and express it just like you have one. He gave couple of valid points and has cited other points on several occasion to support his opinion that music could touch human psyche bit deeper than lyrics. You have given no such points to support your assertion but have taken the liberty to accuse him of false pride and arrogance. The loose talk is on your side, just pointing out the irony.

It would be better to discuss his ideas and opinions without out-rightly dismissing it. His music is the product of his ideas and opinions. They give us insight and helps appreciate music more.

Raja never says the lyrics can be bad or his music is better than lyrics. He would take Kannadasan's lyrics anytime compared to the music from the current crop of film musicians. You are confusing between quality of lyrics with its secondary nature in music as a whole. Since lot of people have this same opinion as you, let me throw my two cents to support Raja's opinion.

1. Our ears has the capability to process wider spectrum of sound than one could produce with our mouth. This is because our ability to speak is a recent phenomenon but our ability to hear evolved millions of years ago. Language is a subset of sound and so is music, but the range of sound in music is larger than the range of sound in a language. And our ears are capable of tuning into these range that is beyond language.

2. Music predates language and can still be expressed and produce deep emotions without any lyrics. Preference for lyrics is a conditioned behavior not an intrinsic human behavior.

3. Language itself is a collection of sound built upon rules and has an inbuilt music in it. You could look at poerty as a recognition of this inherent music patterns in language that could be used express an idea. Rap music is one example of this relation.

3. Children learn pitch and tone before they learn language. They also learn language by recognizing the musicality in it. A child doesn't sleep to lyrics in the lullaby but by the music in it. You replace it with any lyrics it will still fall asleep.

4. Animals respond to music and some actually make it as in the case of various birds species. Our literature has compared sweet music to music that Kuyil makes. I remember, Raja once remarked in a interview that a dog's howling has the same musical nature as in vidwan's singing. Of course his real insight was twisted and misquoted. (btw, "Good, bad and ugly" theme hook was an musical replication of a dog howling in the opening shot of the movie and inspired rest of the song)

5. Finally, just like Raja said, music can keep you in absolute attention just like in meditation. You tune out, you lose it completely. Music is the closest, one can get to meditation. It also the easiest and quickest way one can get to the non-dual state that so many spiritual and religious figures seek and most humans unconsciously desire. Just three right notes can take you to that zone.

Raja is a polymath. The man oozes knowledge and experience. To dismiss him and his talk is our loss. He can never be right on everything but at least we should explore his ideas, discuss and expand our understanding of music and life itself.

San_K
19th June 2012, 02:44 PM
good post senthilv

SoftSword
19th June 2012, 03:19 PM
ada yaenpaa ellaarum ivlo periya postsa eludhureenga...
atleast maela oru subject line podunga... purinjukkurom..

KlamRoyA
19th June 2012, 03:25 PM
SS... :rotfl2:

same peeling here...

SoftSword
19th June 2012, 03:34 PM
sandhaanam in kalakalappu: avlo periya comedy illa idhu...

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
19th June 2012, 03:37 PM
Raja says that its only music which is great than writing, on a function where his books are released! :lol: Isn't this adakkam which actually exceeds the kollywood-humility standards set by hubbers?!?

KlamRoyA
19th June 2012, 03:38 PM
sandhaanam in kalakalappu: avlo periya comedy illa idhu...

SS.. athu avlo periya comedy ilanu enakku theriyum..
aana athu sila paer sonna sirippu kuppunu vanthidum...:???:

SoftSword
19th June 2012, 03:46 PM
VTV, actually speaking, i did not write that in a comic tone... seriousa dhaan sonen... but ur reaction to that post would make people to interpret like i was making fun of them, which was not actually the case..

free vidunga..

kalnayak
19th June 2012, 04:16 PM
Thats Tamil website says:"Maestro Ilayaraja's song to be aired in London olympics opening ceremony". See the link:
http://tamil.oneindia.in/news/2012/06/19/sports-ilayaraja-s-song-be-aired-london-olympics-156052.html

SoftSword
19th June 2012, 04:19 PM
ok. ok .. you guys are mad. I have no choice but to attack venkiram now :-)
Seriously, I think, many of us are treating IR like a standard human being. I think HE is not. No, he is not God or Evil. He is an example of the extreme power of human mind, of what it can achieve when focussed on a subject intently and that it works so furiously and fast even the owner of the mind does not know how it happens !!!
I think it happens to many of us too but not that often or regularly :-) .. Have you ever went to sleep with a problem at work or home and when you wakeup suddenly the solution dawns on you. Exactly the same thing happens when you know the seven swaras and you are constantly making permutations and combinations of it all the time. In the case of IR, it happens when he is awake and happens every day..Imagine 5000 main tunes and so many bits and pieces everyday.. The mind is totally focussed on the notes the linear sequencing of them and many times, the parallel sequencing of them .. (counterpoints, harmony, chords). When the mind is doing such intense and fruitful activity.. do you think the mundane aspects of daily, the niceties , politeness and understatements/overstatements or sophistry any important ? When the fire is small we can control and make it do what we want.. when it is big like the Sun.. just worship .. ok you dont have to worship ..just dont go near .. you will get burnt. Just enjoy the sunlight from far away.
This is reality folks.. we are all human beings .. we should respect each other well.. but some people are special.. Certain standards do not apply to them.. As simple as that. To be specific, just listen to the music.. enjoy it or complain about it.. but it is difficult for you or me to understand the mind that creates such an ocean of it..
(venkiram.. you know this is not targeted at you .. just my thoughts .. no offence meant )

good post :clap:

rajaramsgi
19th June 2012, 07:52 PM
Thats Tamil website says:"Maestro Ilayaraja's song to be aired in London olympics opening ceremony". See the link:
http://tamil.oneindia.in/news/2012/06/19/sports-ilayaraja-s-song-be-aired-london-olympics-156052.html

இந்த பாடலுக்கு இதுவரை நான் முக்கியத்துவம் கொடுத்ததில்லை ஆனால் இந்த நியூஸ் படித்த பிறகு திடீரென்று பிடித்து விட்டது. கபடி போன்ற விளையாட்டுகளுக்கு பெரிதும் உந்துதலாக இருக்கும். இந்த பாடலை ராஜா சார் எப்படி SPB 'க்கு சொல்லி கொடுத்திருப்பார்? நன்றாக என்ஜாய் பண்ணி இருக்கக்கூடும்.

http://thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBIRR00541&lang=en

Kimrep
19th June 2012, 08:18 PM
rajaramsgi,
dunno about "naanthan" but totally digging "vaalibamey vaa vaa" listed right next to it. thanks.

V_S
19th June 2012, 09:24 PM
Very nice posts kiru and senthilv. :thumbsup:

Plum
19th June 2012, 09:51 PM
Kiru and senthilv - :clap:

venkkiram - please apply the same standards of humility, arrogance etc to VMuthu etc. Problem is there is a ontinuous propoganda about IR's arrogance alone and the fashin is to twist his words and actions continuously. What about a kavignar who awards a kaviperarasu pattam to himself just because his more illustrious predecessor was called kaviyarasu - this, when, he is not fit to tie the shoelaces of his predecessor. Now, that is TRUE arrogance. Thinking of himself as bigger than he is in his field.
OTOH, IR has always been humble towards his illlustrious predecesors and is humble before his art. That is true humility.

IR is the real humble musician. Fake humility towards unworthy humans - SPB once said he is humble towards everyone just so that nobody pulls him down whicht hey will if he is arrogant; in other words, fake humility is what he practices; he admitted, other humility icons dont admit, thats the differnece - is the tru arrogance and lack of humility.

Some people will never understand this. Their loss.

Plum
19th June 2012, 09:55 PM
And I subscribe to the "Music is bigger than language" theory. P_R might remember PM conversations we have had on this topic. What is amusing to me is the bad mouthing of Raja just because he expressed his belief in this theory. Why shouldnt he think that way? enakku Assamese theriyAdhu - but I can respond to a melody in Assamese purely based on its musical qualities. Can I appreciate its lyrical beauty? Language has its limitations - music, is, indeed, greater.

irir123
19th June 2012, 10:05 PM
For someone to be arrogant enough for people to notice and speak abt it, that person should have the time to exhibit his/her arrogance, right ?

IR spends the better part of his days composing, orchestrating, conducting, mixing and finalising his music tracks, and when he finds some time in-between, indulges in writing 'vennpa' etc etc - am sure he also somehow finds time to learn genres of music such as jazz, blues etc (from his hungarian friends) - idhellaam poga, breakfast, lunch, 6-8 hrs of sleep, regular visits to thiruvannamalai, budapest, mumbai or cochin - how can this man find the time to display his arrogance ??

his story is not just one of genius / talent spewing forth - its a combination of extraordinary talent and extreme hard(ship)work, dedication and discipline!

I do not just understand - @ 40 movies per year (on an average), during his peak years, IR must have been so busy a workaholic, he wudnt have had time for even regular lunches!

so where does all this rumour-mongering abt his arrogance come from ??

if at all, thanks to his 100% focus on his music (besides literature, poetry and photography), he wud have probably lost out on socialising skills! and that is what is showing through in his lack of tact while handling reporters / media etc etc.

Plum
19th June 2012, 10:44 PM
irir that is the point. His arrogance is a carefully cultivated defamation by vested interests. See how people like venkkiram cannot even understand that IR is simply stating his belief and his school of thought - to call that sAkkadai etc and talk as if he is a great sinner or mad man - it just shows the either a) lack of comprehension and lack of tolerance fo an opposing POV or b) vested "IR is great in music but.." type avadhooRu spouting by the likes of venkkiram. What I find funniest is that in trying to criticise IR, these people exhibt the same behaviour which they claime xists in IR(which actually doesnt).

V_S
19th June 2012, 11:03 PM
And that MSV comparison, though misplaced, does not seem intentional. He probably meant to illustrate an example where a director went for someone up in the hierarchy after working with someone perceived to be 'trendy in the current times'. I feel he did not mean that a director has gone to someone who has run out of steam.

I’m in my church praying to my god and he’s in his church praying to his. There was a time we were in the same church, and I miss that.” That’s regrettably how I feel about much of Ilayaraja’s music today, and I think I speak for a fair number of his fans who worshipped the great man in the 1970s through the early 1990s. The congregation has shrunk to a cult, with only a handful of dogged devotees still keeping the faith.

even the old-faithfuls like Bharathiraja, left Ilayaraja behind and latched on to younger talents

aarkarsh,
If he would have mentioned what you conceived, I would not have even responded at all. I would have ignored that article totally.

Please note the above two quotes. It is not a casual comparision or a harmless analogy (as vijayr stated). He says, I'm in my church and he is in his church and we were in same church earlier. He moved on and feels sorry, as he could not continue with him. He also affirms that with Bharathiraja's analogy. That is his thought, which I agree, but he is adding other fans ( I think I speak for a fair number of his fans who worshipped the great man in the 1970s through the early 1990s) to his thoughts (can he?) and even mentioning only few devotees are sticking with him (which was totally unwarranted from BR's calibre). So from this, what do you conceive? Every body moved on Gautham, why are you going back? Is it not hurting us? Was that a casual or harmless statement? I don't think so. That's when I responded. Sorry for reverting back, but this will be my last.

Plum
19th June 2012, 11:12 PM
V-S - no need for this to be your last post on this. Unga manakkumuRal theerum varai post paNNunga. I don't see why you should hold back just for the sake of politeness. What else are forums for :)

Plum
19th June 2012, 11:17 PM
I remember Bala Karthik talking about the use of langauge in music - as long as the sandhams fit the milieu and culture of the context of the music, and the words fit in sonorously, that is all maters. Lyrical excellence is just icing on the cake. This is our school of thought - and let me tell you,me p-r and bala have talked about this much before we heard IR saying this. So, in a way, I am proud that I have connected to my idol's way of thinking even without him explicitly saying it out. It just tells me that the bonding created through his music has imbibed a school of thought in me without actually having it spelt out by him. How many musicians can claim such a connect to their fans?

Plum
19th June 2012, 11:24 PM
V-S - on Baradwaj, see my post to Suresah on his being a failed writer. See, you have to understand that when he writes, he lovingly shapes his articles, and has a certain way of polishing it and making it satisfactory for him. So, for instance, this interview he approaches with a GVM approached out of fashion IR angle. To garnish that, he needs to create some lovely prose that pitches this angle. Hence the MSV reference. I think he gave it away and explained clearly in the comments section himself. You see, It is about his satisfaction as a writer. So, he is not going to stop and do fact checks on percentage of fans etc. It is a writer's conceit. How do I know? I am a failed writer myself - far worse than Rangan - that's how. No need to take that seriously

V_S
20th June 2012, 12:52 AM
Thanks Plum, just that I didn't expect such an article from BR's calibre targeting IR and his fans. After a_e's note, I just noted vijayr's comments, totally offending. Is this the way to write to an unknown person. It seems he is some respected ex-hubber. I am talking to BR and he is answering to us, unnecessarily why is he mediating with those 'singular' comments and commenting (generalizing) about IR fans very badly (those altar comments). In fact he is the one who initiated unwanted 'pedestrian IR tunes' which was no way related to the article and I and Suresh ji had answered politely with some recent examples. I don't understand why is he bothered so much about my questions to BR on his article. After all I am defending only for IR and IR fans. Very sad to hear this.

AravindMano
20th June 2012, 03:58 AM
Suresh ji / Plum ji / V_S ji,

I still think you guys are harsh on him.

My question is as simple as - why are you guys expecting him to like Raja's recent works?

# He is a Hard Core Raja fan? - I am one. I totally sympathize with him when he says he doesn't like the sound. Or that he finds that voice in kAththiruppEn kAththiruppEn very irritating. Or that KarugumaNi could have been much better with better sound and orchestration. A hard core Raja fan could *still* say all that. Being a critic doesn't mean he must get past all the recording and sounds. And, wait, he doesn't even do regular music review pieces to boot. A lot of people just go and voluntarily ask him in the comments and start cribbing about what he says.

# Popular opinion is Raja lost it - the music and the market - after 92. Or in 2000s. We cannot change that. Whether that holds true or not. Only we Raja fans know that he is still making good music and can still create magic. Why are we even expecting someone else to agree on this?

# That he likes new age Hindi music doesn't change anything. His Rockstar review could be way off the mark - I don't know, haven't read or watched. It has got nothing to do with this opinion. It's easy to see this.

# Agenda gijaNda - it's funny really.

# I like Rangan because he is the possibly the only critic - movie critic atleast, I don't consider him as music critic - who would put up kanni poNNu kai mEla video link on his blog and call it's a true tribal song. He is able to appreciate Raja that much. It's simply not fair to expect everybody to love Raja like we do.

The same goes with GVM - ellAththukkum thittu ellA forum layum. On the other hand, SugA gets praise from all quarters. Why? May be because he writes good posts and we know he loves Raja. I find it funny. yAr yAr evLo Raja fan nu yArukkum theriyAdhu. We are just being too possessive of the man.

ambuttu dhEyn!

V_S
20th June 2012, 06:19 AM
Aravind,
I am not at all against his liking/disliking of IR's recent output. I am not sure if you read all my posts regarding this. It is his right to like/dismiss any songs. My main concern is about his false statements about Raja fans and unnecessary comparison against MSV sir. Please read the above phrases which I quoted. He can think whatever he feels for IR's music, but he cannot tag IR fans into it and saying 'I think I speak for fair number of fans' or he cannot say 'his fan base has come down to few dogged devotees', where definitely I get hurt. I am not sure which post of mine you find harsh. But don't you find him harsh at all on us by these statements?. Because of these provoking statements, when we raise our concerns in his blog, we are again false targeted as 'IR fans are always like this' by some strangers. As app asked, if he is particular enough that these statements would cause embarrassment/uneasiness among his fans, he could have avoided, as he avoided posting the same in 'THE Hindu'. Still he wanted to retain these for some reason. I would prefer that article could have started with the interview and ended with his view on the interview (as simple as that), no need to tag IR's recent works, no need for comparisons and no need to target IR fans unnecessarily.

I again reiterate, I am not against his liking/dismissals of IR's recent works, it is mainly based on his statements in his article.

Plum
20th June 2012, 08:13 AM
AM - :shock:. Naanga enna solRom.neenga enna solringa? :banghead:. Epic fail comment, Aravind!every point of yours is a straw man that none of us ever said. What kind of understanding is this onyour part? :shock terror annswerer - En indha terror understanding? :shock:

Kimrep
20th June 2012, 08:28 AM
App_engine,

that was me and I am certainly not apologizing for anyone. what appealed to me about this rangan guy is that he said "The other thing, we live in a country where if you don’t don’t praise someone to the skies it’s assumed that you’re damning him. If you don’t sing bhajans exalting a person, then you’re a rabid hater. I find that attitude baffling." IR himself doesnt subscribe to this notion and when he says things we rightfully appreciate and defend it. However, I think his interview of GVM was pretty patronizing but I did enjoy the titbits though.

Poor guy he wrote one piece and you all are tearing him apart, can anyone every say anything about IR at all? guess, thats why people like parthiban speak the way they do.

Anyway, thanks for reminding me why i stopped participating in this forum 10 yrs back. have a great life!

Kimrep
20th June 2012, 08:30 AM
I meant "IR himself doesnt subscribe to this notion of false praise"

MADDY
20th June 2012, 09:38 AM
And I subscribe to the "Music is bigger than language" theory.

//its not a theory, its a fact............mandarin, spanish, korean, african music can move us and communicate with us but never their speech or writings or articles........thats the power of music........music is a inexplicable form of expression which is gifted to human beings.......//

jaiganes
20th June 2012, 09:50 AM
App_engine,

that was me and I am certainly not apologizing for anyone. what appealed to me about this rangan guy is that he said "The other thing, we live in a country where if you don’t don’t praise someone to the skies it’s assumed that you’re damning him. If you don’t sing bhajans exalting a person, then you’re a rabid hater. I find that attitude baffling." IR himself doesnt subscribe to this notion and when he says things we rightfully appreciate and defend it. However, I think his interview of GVM was pretty patronizing but I did enjoy the titbits though.

Poor guy he wrote one piece and you all are tearing him apart, can anyone every say anything about IR at all? guess, thats why people like parthiban speak the way they do.

Anyway, thanks for reminding me why i stopped participating in this forum 10 yrs back. have a great life!
oru pattaamboochi seththu ponadhu...

Punnaimaran
20th June 2012, 11:31 AM
Raja says that its only music which is great than writing, on a function where his books are released! :lol: Isn't this adakkam which actually exceeds the kollywood-humility standards set by hubbers?!?

Exactly. I was about to point this out yesterday before I had to leave for some work and :clap: to kiru and senthilv.

தான் சொல்ல வரும் கருத்தை புரிந்து கொள்ளாமல், தலைகீழ் வாசித்தாலும் பொருள் உண்டு என்று சில "விகடகவி"கள் கொடிபிடித்துக் கொண்டு வருவார்கள் என்று அறிந்து தான் அந்த ஸ்வரங்களைப் பாடிக் காண்பித்தார்.

Sureshs65
20th June 2012, 02:13 PM
Aravindaa,

freeya vidu yaa. Anyway we have posted our thoughts on his comments sections. So the debate continues there :)

motte_dasan,

To remain or leave the forum is of course your prerogative but from my experience I can tell, this is probably the most open forum for bashing Raja and also his fans. You will not be bad mouthed but you will get a response. Asking people not to bad mouth in one thing and asking people not to respond is another !! So many have clearly expressed their dislike for some of the Raja songs and albums and there is no issue at all. People will disagree with you but in a forum we must expect that right. Most other forums are 'bhajana mandalis' of Raja or a forum to bad mouth Raja extensively.

Another thing I don't understand. No one every says, 'Oh that guy wrote one article and so many people are praising it !!!' There have been many articles of BR which many people have praised. Afterall he is a well known critic. If one article is praised sky high and no one complains, why should we complain about in another article he getting torn apart. Maybe we should keep a quota for number of people praising or criticizing an article maybe?

rajaramsgi
20th June 2012, 03:07 PM
App_engine,

motte_தாசன் சார்,

இங்க வரதும் வராதாதும் உங்கள் சொந்த விஷயம். ஆனால் வருவதற்கு இசை காரனம் என்றால் போவதற்கும் அதுவே காரணமாக இருக்க வேண்டும். நானும் பதினான்கு ஆண்டுகளுக்கு மேலாக தினம்தோறும் பலமுறை இங்கு வந்து போய் கொண்டிருக்கிறேன். அதிகம் எழுதியது இல்லை, ஆனால் இங்கு எழுதிய எல்லோரையும் நிறைய படித்திருக்கிறேன், ரசித்திருக்கிறேன். இசையை மைய படுத்தி, அதுவும் ராஜாவை பற்றி நவரசத்தையும் அள்ளி தெளித்து வரும் இவர்கள் மீது கோபம் வேண்டாம், நீங்களும் எழுதுங்கள், அவர்கள் கருத்து தவறாக இருக்கிறது என்றால், பதிலடி குடுங்கள். உங்கள் எண்ணங்களை பதிவு செய்வதற்கே இந்த இடம்.குளத்தின் மேல் கோபித்து கொண்டு, கழுவாமல் போக வேண்டாமே.

-இனிமேல் தங்களை அடிக்கடி இங்கு எதிர்பார்க்கும் பலரில் நானும் ஒருவன்.

Nerd
20th June 2012, 06:56 PM
Ada avaru dhaan oru effect-kaaga, 1-1 mapping kidaiyaadhunnu sollittaarE for the MSV comparision. Pls bring down shoulders :-) And on IR having a niche audience, I don't deny (I talk only w.r.to TFM and not counting *loyal* old-timers.). But, I think it was SKV brought up a good point in one of the threads - that things are changing thanks to those Madurai films (hate this term) / reality shows / lack of *capable* MDs and also due to IR's choice of films. Post Naan KadavuL he has really become a force, one more time. And currently he is #1 in the market :lol2:

Actually at least this discussion is far more interesting than analyzing IR as a person. That was sabbaa for the most part and I really wish the offenders stop it or IR stops making public appearances :-) :-)

Gregorysab
20th June 2012, 07:05 PM
Among a medley of songs chosen for London Olympics Opening Ceremony, Ilaiyaraaja's "naanthaan ungappandaa" (Ram Lakshamanan - 1981) will feature: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-tamilnadu/article3549270.ece

And interestingly, Danny Boyle is the architect behind the opening ceremony.

raja_fan
20th June 2012, 07:27 PM
Who knows what has gone in Danny Boyle's mind !
But as usual, London proves to be lucky for IR. :)

Gregorysab
20th June 2012, 07:34 PM
But as usual, London proves to be lucky for IR. :)

Lucky aa? ya, trying selling this quote to Raaja himself, and convince him to release that damn Symphony recorded in London then :-)

layman10
20th June 2012, 07:49 PM
This is just a leak from tabloid magazine Sun. No one knows if it part of playlist that will be used in the arena or is it really short listed for the Ceremony. Now already our special correspondent from Hindu has confirmed it with a close associate?!.

rajaramsgi
20th June 2012, 07:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnOV5z8jw0U

தேவா 450 படங்களுக்கு இசை அமைத்தது எப்படி என்று அவருடைய சகோதரர்கள் இங்கே சொல்கிறார்கள். அதில் சபேஷ் 1984-1990 வரை ராஜா சாருடன் அக்னி நட்சத்திரம், சத்யா போன்ற படங்களில் வேலை செய்து இருக்கிறார். சங்கர் கணேஷ் கூட ஆயிரத்து நூறுக்கும் மேற்பட்ட படங்களுக்கு எப்படி வேலையை பகிர்ந்து கொண்டு செய்தார்கள் என்று ஜெயா டிவியில் திரும்பி பார்கிறேன் நிகழ்ச்சியில் சொன்னார். ஆனால் அத்தனை படங்களில் வேலை செய்தாலும், விரல் விட்டு என்ன கூடிய அளவில் தான் அவர்களால் ஹிட் பாடல்களை குடுக்க முடிந்தது. இன்னமும் தொழில் செய்து கொண்டிருந்தாலும், யாரோ போட்ட ரோட்டில் தான் வண்டியை ஒட்டி கொண்டிருக்கிறார்கள். கற்று கொண்ட அனுபவத்தில் தங்களுக்கென்று ஒரு பாதையை அவர்களால் அமைத்து கொள்ள முடியவில்லை.

ஆனால் ராஜா சார் .... fill up the blanks :-)

app_engine
20th June 2012, 09:04 PM
App_engine,

that was me and I am certainly not apologizing for anyone. what appealed to me about this rangan guy is that he said "The other thing, we live in a country where if you don’t don’t praise someone to the skies it’s assumed that you’re damning him. If you don’t sing bhajans exalting a person, then you’re a rabid hater. I find that attitude baffling."

motte_dhaasan,

First of all, the whole thing got started by the provocative beginning portion of the blog (that was carefully edited out in the hindu version).

None of us started it. BRangan started it by maligning the current IRFs as some weird group :-)

His blog post & comments (either by himself or those "allowed" by him) had these sharp observations about IRFs :

-bhajan maNdali / cult (that too a dwindling one, per his opening remarks, prior to the interview)
-extremists who issue fatwa on any writer who won't sing bhajan (his comment you quoted above)
-dimwits who can't understand simile / metaphor (reply to V_Sji with poNNu-pushpam explanation)
-cannot be redeemed (vijayr's ivanunga comment)

OTOH, in return, there was no "tearing apart" and all - please don't exaggerate!

Check all the comments by Akarsh / V_Sji / Sureshji in his blog.

Even here in the hub, the reactions were mixed. Very democratic expressions - both supporting & opposing, I must say!

Coming to my comments in this thread yesterday (that got triggered by your comment in BRangan's blog), even before anyone replied I self-moderated and removed them -shortly after posting -as I felt those were a bit strong!

That is the paNpAdu I have (but after seeing your "hubbukku vandhirukkavE koodAthu" response for a decently-deleted comment, I now feel those should have been retained - at least to avoid confusion to onlookers).

Yesterday I thought you were apolegetic on behalf of IRF's and asking BRangan to continue to write about IR as "these people know not what they're doing".

Now I understand that you were effectively telling him, "ivunga eppavum ippidiththAn kaththuvAnga, kaNdukkAma neenga ungaLukku enna thONuthO adhai ezhudhunga".

nanRi for clarification - neenga engaLai oru poruttA madhichchu, menakkettu inga vandhu theLivu paduththinadhukku romba kadamaippattirukkiROm:-)

salAm sir!

jaiganes
20th June 2012, 10:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnOV5z8jw0U

தேவா 450 படங்களுக்கு இசை அமைத்தது எப்படி என்று அவருடைய சகோதரர்கள் இங்கே சொல்கிறார்கள். அதில் சபேஷ் 1984-1990 வரை ராஜா சாருடன் அக்னி நட்சத்திரம், சத்யா போன்ற படங்களில் வேலை செய்து இருக்கிறார். சங்கர் கணேஷ் கூட ஆயிரத்து நூறுக்கும் மேற்பட்ட படங்களுக்கு எப்படி வேலையை பகிர்ந்து கொண்டு செய்தார்கள் என்று ஜெயா டிவியில் திரும்பி பார்கிறேன் நிகழ்ச்சியில் சொன்னார். ஆனால் அத்தனை படங்களில் வேலை செய்தாலும், விரல் விட்டு என்ன கூடிய அளவில் தான் அவர்களால் ஹிட் பாடல்களை குடுக்க முடிந்தது. இன்னமும் தொழில் செய்து கொண்டிருந்தாலும், யாரோ போட்ட ரோட்டில் தான் வண்டியை ஒட்டி கொண்டிருக்கிறார்கள். கற்று கொண்ட அனுபவத்தில் தங்களுக்கென்று ஒரு பாதையை அவர்களால் அமைத்து கொள்ள முடியவில்லை.

ஆனால் ராஜா சார் .... fill up the blanks :-)
I generally dont like this kind of comparison . By doing this comparison - you are inadvertently putting Raaja on the same level as anyone who could have played keyboard or guitar - And succeeding on cinefield - giving hits - idhellaam - periya vishayam illai.
Sabesh and murali have greatly contributed to Deva's success as MD and particularly in BGMs their BGMs in Nerukku Ner, Aahaa and a lot of later movies was very good. Not all have the same fate or desire to succeed madly.. Prolly they were content to see "Brand Deva" succeed and which it did handsomely.

Sureshs65
20th June 2012, 10:47 PM
rajaramsgi,

I will agree with Jai here. The comparison was probably not required at all. They are doing their job and they themselves will probably know they cannot reach Raja levels. So why make that explicit!!! I understand where you are coming from but I feel that it a bit harsh on these guys.

Divine22
20th June 2012, 10:59 PM
Among a medley of songs chosen for London Olympics Opening Ceremony, Ilaiyaraaja's "naanthaan ungappandaa" (Ram Lakshamanan - 1981) will feature: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-tamilnadu/article3549270.ece

And interestingly, Danny Boyle is the architect behind the opening ceremony.

Why this song in particular ? :think:

jaiganes
20th June 2012, 11:05 PM
vidunga boss avinga ippaathaan namma aaloda 80s varaikkum vandhirukkaanga innum evvalavo irukku.

Divine22
20th June 2012, 11:21 PM
Yes, indeed ! :cool:

app_engine
20th June 2012, 11:26 PM

viLaiyAttu reference, may be (sadu gudu)...

I think the strong "pulam peyarndha eezhaththamizhar" population in London / UK (or in EU in general / Canada) has brought Thamizh into some focus in olympics!

I saw an official olympic "welcome" video on youtube yesterday, that starts with 'vaNakkam' by a Thamizh child :-) (Followed by greeting in a ton of other languages; there's another pulam peyarndha thamizhar who says a sentence in Thamizh in that video as well).

Also, the famous singer M.I.A. of UK is of eezham origin who gets connected with such events. (She was on superbowl with Madonna ; it's very much possible that she knows a lot of TFM ; she worked with ARR for SDM)

MumbaiRamki
20th June 2012, 11:30 PM
viLaiyAttu reference, may be (sadu gudu)...

I think the strong "pulam peyarndha eezhaththamizhar" population in London / UK (or in EU in general / Canada) has brought Thamizh into some focus in olympics!

I saw an official olympic "welcome" video on youtube yesterday, that starts with 'vaNakkam' by a Thamizh child :-) (Followed by greeting in a ton of other languages; there's another pulam peyarndha thamizhar who says a sentence in Thamizh in that video as well).

Also, the famous singer M.I.A. of UK is of eezham origin who gets connected with such events. (She was on superbowl with Madonna ; it's very much possible that she knows a lot of TFM ; she worked with ARR for SDM)

Earlier , we had a discussion on her http://www.mayyam.com/talk/viewlite.php?t=6009

rajaramsgi
20th June 2012, 11:50 PM
ஜெய்கணேஷ், சுரேஷ்65: ராஜா சாரை இழுத்தது ஆர்வ கோளாறால் ..விட்ருங்க சாமி. :-)

app_engine, அந்த குழந்தை வணக்கம் சொல்ற ஒலிம்பிக் லிங்கை குடுங்களேன் ப்ளீஸ்.

jaiganes
21st June 2012, 12:42 AM
ஜெய்கணேஷ், சுரேஷ்65: ராஜா சாரை இழுத்தது ஆர்வ கோளாறால் ..விட்ருங்க சாமி. :-)

app_engine, அந்த குழந்தை வணக்கம் சொல்ற ஒலிம்பிக் லிங்கை குடுங்களேன் ப்ளீஸ்.
unga characteraye ennaala purinjukka mudila.
orukkaa - ellaathayum oru kai paathuruvom back out aavadheengannu Mamta to Abdul Kalam(Motte dhaasan - enna oru paeru?) maadhiri pesareenga, innorukkaa "vitrunga saamee" apdeennu solreenga.. what is the matter boss?

rajaramsgi
21st June 2012, 01:14 AM
adhuvaa? thats because I realized it was inappropriate to bring Raja sir into that conversation.

I meant to make a point that some one working in 100s of movies - means NOTHING. I have no idea how SG managed to sustain upto 1100 movies or even Deva upto 450 when they all are no way close to Raja's or MSV's calibre. Sheer luck can take people to any heights, right?