PDA

View Full Version : Maestro ilaiyaraaja news & titbits

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17

JamesDap
27th September 2013, 08:44 PM
Sir.. please explain who is "he" here? Rajini or Raja?

Ilayaraja.

venkkiram
27th September 2013, 09:17 PM
Ilayaraja. Surprised. Rajini's statement on IR does not make any sense at all.

JamesDap
27th September 2013, 09:46 PM
No, no, no, Rajini never said IR is undercutting to drive out competition. I am saying Rajini's views contradict what Rahman has insinuated. How can the same composer be overpaid and also be undercharging to drive out competition? Doesn't make sense. Rajini's comment anyway seems to be founded in petty resentment rather than logic. To say somebody who toils in the field deserves more than somebody who sits in an AC office doesn't make sense at all; it's about the output and not the effort.

Brianengab
28th September 2013, 09:39 AM
http://tamiltunes.com/ilayaraja-hits-3404-tamil-songs-2.html

Ilayaraja Hits (3404 Tamil Songs) :)

baroque
28th September 2013, 10:34 AM
DHONI
MAYILU
MUTHALVAR MAHATHMA
PADITHURAI
CHITHIRAIYIL NILA CHORU
MEGHA
NAADI THUDIKKUDHADI
SENGATHTHU BOOMIYILE
THAANDAVAKONE
AZHAGARSAMIYIN KUTHIRAI
NANNAVANU
PREM KAHANI
SURYAKANTHI
etc.. recent yrs Ilayaraja albums CDs engappa vaangarel neengallam at Chennai and B'lore?

Vinatha

Madhanraj
2nd October 2013, 11:22 AM
>>> Vinatha
Found Some of the CDs from your list is available in 600024.com. Try it...

Madhan

baroque
4th October 2013, 12:35 PM
thanks, Madhan.

rajaramsgi
7th October 2013, 04:39 PM
BharathiRaja praises Raja Sir at 16 Vayathinile digital trailer release function.. very nice..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajQaferbBnc

par
12th October 2013, 09:50 AM
How come a informative, vibrant thread like this became so sick?

Why should one put down one music director to praise another? Why can't there be multiple music directors who are equally or variably good?

rprasad
17th October 2013, 01:06 AM
just wanted to share my thoughts on the kind of impact IR has had on so many people. I mean forget us fans , i don't think anyone has has such a huge impact on the entire film industry as much as IR has had. Think about it a director like Myskin wanted to come into films because of IR's songs and music. Every young director in Tamil today has been influenced by IR to a certain extent. So imagine the generations of people IR has impacted and continues to do so even today. That's really mind-boggling.

Also a quick observation on the topic of IR and humility. Do people who comment on so called IR's lack of humility, do they even know what it means? I mean i can give several examples of IR's humility towards his art and the past pioneers of Indian film music. Infact during a show in Dubai, when SPB was calling IR as one of the greatest composers, IR responded by reeling out names of several past music directors of both Hindi and Tamil and said he is nothing compared to them. I mean if this is not showing Humility then i don't know what is. This is coming from a genius composer who has achieved so much in his 30+ years and composed for 900 + movies. If people in the media think humility means giving nice interviews and giving politically correct answers to any question and talking about how one has done something special in his music, then IR definitely lacks in that. Everyone shows their humility differently. Some always respect the past and talk about it, while some like to focus just on the current and future and don't really want to bring up the past greats.

Sorry about the long rant. Just putting out my thoughts that's all.

Russellmtp
17th October 2013, 02:58 AM
Raja is humble. Everytime he speaks about MSV, he puts him in a pedestal ("adhara sruthi") and sometimes even goes to the extent of lowering himself ("echil"). He doesn't need to do that and he doesn't need to be humble either but it is his choice. Humility is not a must-have quality, it is probably a nice-to-have. The world knows he is a genius. There will always be some "vaitherichal" parties that want to talk nonsense about the great man and try to drag him to the level of lesser mortals like themselves.

He has his share of needless talks ("ella pugazhum iraivanukke", "computer munnal thoongi vazhibavargal") which he could have avoided. However, sometimes these interviewers try to get words out of his mouth too. Like that one who questioned him about what he thinks of Rahman winning the Padma Bhushan and he replied, visibly upset, "why should I care about him? I care about myself". You can hardly blame him for that.

JamesDap
17th October 2013, 08:46 PM
If people in the media think humility means giving nice interviews and giving politically correct answers to any question and talking about how one has done something special in his music, then IR definitely lacks in that. Everyone shows their humility differently. Some always respect the past and talk about it, while some like to focus just on the current and future and don't really want to bring up the past greats.

I think people in the media expect him to say nice things about the new composers which he doesn't. But that is not necessarily arrogance. If people would truly appreciate his contribution in MUSICAL (rather than only commercial) terms to tamil music, they would realise that that is not really so odd. And I wonder if the same people, if they are seniors in an organisation, would bow down to a rookie and say, "Son, you are far more talented than me, you are more deserving." :mrgreen:When their ego gets in the way even within their relatively small sphere of achievements (compared to Ilayaraja), it is hypocritical to DEMAND saintliness from a person who is mainly a music composer.

rajeshkrv
17th October 2013, 09:01 PM
I think people in the media expect him to say nice things about the new composers which he doesn't. But that is not necessarily arrogance. If people would truly appreciate his contribution in MUSICAL (rather than only commercial) terms to tamil music, they would realise that that is not really so odd. And I wonder if the same people, if they are seniors in an organisation, would bow down to a rookie and say, "Son, you are far more talented than me, you are more deserving." :mrgreen:When their ego gets in the way even within their relatively small sphere of achievements (compared to Ilayaraja), it is hypocritical to DEMAND saintliness from a person who is mainly a music composer.

you cant blindly say that .. whenever MSV talks about IR he says "ilayaraja oru gnanasthan" and have always praised IR's musical capabalities... but i havent seen IR talking about anybody(those who came after him) including ARR(vaguely remember in ARR appreciation he spoke about aanmegam etc )

JamesDap
17th October 2013, 09:17 PM
Because IR has indeed expanded the scope of film music composition beyond where it was in MSV's days. A R Rahman has contributed immensely to music production but I fail to see what he has added to composition. Has he developed counterpoint in more intricate ways than IR, for instance? ARR is a great composer but I am not convinced how exactly he is a greater composer than IR purely in terms of the music (and leaving aside awards). If people want to buy the hype, they may. I am not going to. IR can win some PR points if he is nice to ARR but he's not obliged to.

JamesDap
17th October 2013, 09:22 PM
Besides, I didn't ask about MSV, I asked about people in general. Please answer the question honestly. MSV may be magnanimous and gracious, doesn't mean everybody is and most people aren't that gracious. If somebody like Bappi Lahri were in IR's place, I can't imagine what he would say if he already thinks he was the ultimate.

rajeshkrv
17th October 2013, 09:41 PM
Besides, I didn't ask about MSV, I asked about people in general. Please answer the question honestly. MSV may be magnanimous and gracious, doesn't mean everybody is and most people aren't that gracious. If somebody like Bappi Lahri were in IR's place, I can't imagine what he would say if he already thinks he was the ultimate.

We all agree that IR is a genius composer. No second thoughts about it but when it comes to his EGO yes he had a BIG one.. Look at all the rifts he had.. Not just with one person.. including his own friend Bharathiraja, VM etc... Secondly MSV is magnanimous agreed, IR can be like that too not daily but once in a while he could have talked about someone he really liked or some composition he really enjoyed.. I've never seen anything like that.. ARR came and definitely had an impact on TFM. I'm not starting another IR-ARR clash here because i like them both, enjoyed both of their songs..Havent seen IR talking about anyone at all (his colleagues or next generation guys )... MSV was not only magnanimous about IR, even when he was at his peak when Vkumar called him for a song in velli vizha without any hesitation agreed.. VKUMAR was then a very small composer compared to MSV himself..

JamesDap
17th October 2013, 09:54 PM
The point is there is no compulsion on anyone to be magnanimous. And if there is, then I would like to see evidence in day to day behaviour of people who expect magnanimity from famous people. Most people who get a cabin quickly develop big egos so I find it deeply ironic that some of these same people want to comment on the ego of a genius like Ilayaraja. Sure, he has an ego. And I am not surprised because people with far less achievements than him have an ego, whether or not they reveal it in public. But if it makes you feel good to complain about his ego and pull him down a notch, please go straight ahead.

And as for saying he really liked somebody's work, he had a lot of praise for both Balki and Amitabh Bachchan in the Paa launch and urged filmmakers to make films with a message. Now, you can claim that this is simply "you scratch my back and I scratch yours" stuff but how is that any different from what everybody else in the industry does?

rajeshkrv
17th October 2013, 10:26 PM
The point is there is no compulsion on anyone to be magnanimous. And if there is, then I would like to see evidence in day to day behaviour of people who expect magnanimity from famous people. Most people who get a cabin quickly develop big egos so I find it deeply ironic that some of these same people want to comment on the ego of a genius like Ilayaraja. Sure, he has an ego. And I am not surprised because people with far less achievements than him have an ego, whether or not they reveal it in public. But if it makes you feel good to complain about his ego and pull him down a notch, please go straight ahead.

And as for saying he really liked somebody's work, he had a lot of praise for both Balki and Amitabh Bachchan in the Paa launch and urged filmmakers to make films with a message. Now, you can claim that this is simply "you scratch my back and I scratch yours" stuff but how is that any different from what everybody else in the industry does?

I'm not going to pull down anyone stating their ego but overall he has not praised anyone is what i'm trying to say here.. Old saying but always true , you can be a genius but unless you acknowledge other person it's not going to be valued .. IR is the best composer ever but when it comes to acknowledging fellow musician or any other new generation musicians it's a big NO NO.i end my discussion here

Russellmtp
17th October 2013, 11:33 PM
"you can be a genius but unless you acknowledge other person it's not going to be valued "

Why not? Genius is genius. Raja is acknowledged as a genius by everyone. Even if a small minority doesn't, it makes no difference.

I am a hard-core Rahman fan and I don't have any problem with Raja not praising him sky high. adhu avar ishtam. If he thinks that Rahman's music is not all that great, that is perfectly alright with me. I, like many Rahman fans, love Rahman's music. I don't know about any intricate counterpoints that he has used but I like it and that is all that matters to me. If someone doesn't, it is fine. Now, why bring ego into this? If Raja doesn't like it and still praises Rahman's music, that would be dishonesty. It is hard to imagine someone of Raja's stature being dishonest especially when it comes to music.

And, it is not like Raja hasn't said anything nice about Rahman - "adhara sruthi, panjamam, sadjamam" ippadi ellam pesi irukkareppa. appuram enna? That is perfectly fine. People are upset that he didn't talk in detail about his musical abilities. It is entirely possible that Raja may not have heard much of Rahman's music and was praising him for his achievements.

venkkiram
18th October 2013, 01:28 AM
I'm not going to pull down anyone stating their ego but overall he has not praised anyone is what i'm trying to say here.. Old saying but always true , you can be a genius but unless you acknowledge other person it's not going to be valued .. IR is the best composer ever but when it comes to acknowledging fellow musician or any other new generation musicians it's a big NO NO.i end my discussion here
I beg to differ. Raja is indeed acknowledging the talents and that's why he even collaborates with many young talented musicians from Hungary and UK music troupes. I even heard that Raja is the person who recommened Mahesh for Nammavar. I do not know how far this news is true. But remember he is the one who praised VS Narasimhan openly in a stage.

venkkiram
18th October 2013, 02:35 AM
But the recent statements of ARR on western music and counterpoint and clearly exposing his anxiety. Something in recent years might have disturbed his state of mind and his words clearly showing how far he would go ahead and makes sweeping statements in the context of Indian film music. Totally an unexpected behavior.

JamesDap
18th October 2013, 06:05 AM
I beg to differ. Raja is indeed acknowledging the talents and that's why he even collaborates with many young talented musicians from Hungary and UK music troupes. I even heard that Raja is the person who recommened Mahesh for Nammavar. I do not know how far this news is true. But remember he is the one who praised VS Narasimhan openly in a stage.

Indeed. He said he - the legend of 950 plus films - was learning jazz from his Hungarian friends. As I said, the media probably dislikes that he doesn't have such stuff to say about ARR or HJ. But as thozhar said, what if he really doesn't find much to say? What exactly has been brought to the table from a conceptual point of view in TFM in last 20 years (except on an IR album)? ARR has given many great songs and there's no doubt he influenced film music in a certain direction in terms of sound and production, but what advances has TFM made during this period? What new scales and modes did they learn to adapt to Tamil music that IR wasn't using? This is a genuine question. I am asking this because I am not aware. Most articles of ARR-analysis I have read are vague and talk about sound production rather than compositional concepts. If somebody can pin it down for me what conceptual growth in TFM is because of ARR, I would be grateful. But from my point of view, he only simplified melodies and harmonies compared to IR. Which is perfectly alright but I can also understand why IR wouldn't feel there is anything for him to acknowledge because he is a musician rather than a film celebrity.

JamesDap
18th October 2013, 06:10 AM

As already pointed out, it's not true that he doesn't praise other musicians. Apart from the obviously accomplished Hungarians, he has praised his violinists and flautists several times. There is also a short video where he calls Viji Manuel the best pianist in the country. Praise can't be for the sake of it and I would much rather IR doesn't behave in a sycophantic way even though that might please the public more. If he honestly doesn't feel there is anything to acknowledge, why should he do so for the sake of it? Ask yourself honestly what are the new compositional concepts introduced in last 20 years of TFM? It still falls on IR to try stuff like scale changes within the same stanza (Kalvane) or dissonant interludes (Sattru Munbu), most music directors want to keep it very simple. There's nothing wrong with that, simple music has a commercial appeal but you can't expect a genius like IR to be floored by that.

Chelian
19th October 2013, 02:14 PM
IR is genius musician. There is certainly no comparison with the current breed of Music Directors . If I were in his shoes I would reacted the same way. Why should I artificially praise the current 'junk food' MDs. Let the people enjoy the music and praise them.

When Roja first came out I remember hearing/reading ARR interviews. He had lots of praise for MSV but no mention of IRR(as if IR doesn't exist). It struck me that time as I recalled. As person who grow up in the 80s I fail to understand how until now, he doest explicitly praise IR's work. Only few mentions of songs( like inji idapalaga,,as if that's the only song he recognize IR's talent) and things like IR's discipline here and there. When did u ever hear him say " I love this and that song of IR, they are just brilliant"?

Chelian
19th October 2013, 02:16 PM
I believe IR's standard of appreciating music is very high. that's the reason he would praise MSV's work. and at the same time silent about the current MDs work.

JamesDap
19th October 2013, 05:47 PM
Only few mentions of songs( like inji idapalaga,,as if that's the only song he recognize IR's talent) and things like IR's discipline here and there. When did u ever hear him say " I love this and that song of IR, they are just brilliant"?

Well, he did borrow a small phrase from Chinna Thayaval for Kabhi Neem Neem (Yuva) :mrgreen:...forgot the equivalent song name in Ayutha Ezuthu. That apart, he admitted that he didn't really like film music at that time (Roja) so it's not surprising that he has nothing much to say about IR's work. There has also always been an attitude of rivalry between the two rather than camaraderie so that adds to the distance.

rajaramsgi
19th October 2013, 06:31 PM
KTV's Ayudha Poojai special..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Jpsv_eiEMM

kr
19th October 2013, 09:39 PM
Also listen to IR talking about the drummer Noel to Sivamani in a video that was posted a couple of monthsback. IR was openly in awe of him as a drummer. I am a no one and even to my ears I dont see ARR's compositions as anything special - so to expect someone like IR with his knowledge to acknowledge that is expecting too much...

JamesDap
19th October 2013, 09:52 PM
KTV's Ayudha Poojai special..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Jpsv_eiEMM

Great interview. Not particularly great 'interviewing' there, but Sundarrajan had a lot to share and engaged IR too in the conversation in the process. Loved the part about the significance of IR scratching his head.

venkkiram
19th October 2013, 10:19 PM
Yes Ck. the one which is still making me crazy about raja is the way all the songs of vaidhegi kaathirunthal been composed without even considering into account any script/scenes. Complete ready made shirts available for your size even before you born. And look at the variety of the tunes. Such contrasts. Azhaku malaraada, kaathirunthu, inraikku enintha, raasave onna, Megam karukkaiyile. This movie can be considered to be part of Guinness record book for this epic achievement. And movie became blockbuster for songs, story, screen play. And still after 25 years, the songs live.

JamesDap
19th October 2013, 10:47 PM
He composed the VK songs in the break between Kaaki Chatthai and the next film! Such superb songs too. I recalled what Gangai Amaran once said on TV, "Summa irundha nerathile naanga suma irundhadhu illai."

uvowefiyas
20th October 2013, 10:11 PM
I believe IR's standard of appreciating music is very high. that's the reason he would praise MSV's work. and at the same time silent about the current MDs work.

experts can correct me. my personal opinion reading between lines or my interpretation of what IR say. IR once mentioned in bhanumatihi interview asked a question to her that "you are the one who introduced tk ramamoorthy". also some of the songs IR himself mentioned and style of music (those counter melodies) are of style of TKR. once i read the news of IR mentioning. I searched and got the TKR songs. those violins are so relaxing the way melody is used. also then wi'keyd TKR and found that he was "the violonist" who arranges and also performs while in association with MSV. even thought his associaton was short period but the tunes which came during TKR period either during MSV association or TKR solo (only few) are "the ones" i personally liked. anything with MSV standalone is not of my liking. again it is just my personal opinion (not a MSV hater). as a casual listener this is what i could notice. however MSV was successfull after TKR left but still those songs "lack" melody in comparision with association with TKR.

Having said this i personally feed IR mention of MSV still i think he internally gets inspired from MSV-TKR period or more specifically TKR.

I m not sure how other IR fans beleive.

uvowefiyas
20th October 2013, 10:24 PM
experts can correct me. my personal opinion reading between lines or my interpretation of what IR say. IR once mentioned in bhanumatihi interview asked a question to her that "you are the one who introduced tk ramamoorthy". also some of the songs IR himself mentioned and style of music (those counter melodies) are of style of TKR. once i read the news of IR mentioning. I searched and got the TKR songs. those violins are so relaxing the way melody is used. also then wi'keyd TKR and found that he was "the violonist" who arranges and also performs while in association with MSV. even thought his associaton was short period but the tunes which came during TKR period either during MSV association or TKR solo (only few) are "the ones" i personally liked. anything with MSV standalone is not of my liking. again it is just my personal opinion (not a MSV hater). as a casual listener this is what i could notice. however MSV was successfull after TKR left but still those songs "lack" melody in comparision with association with TKR.

Having said this i personally feed IR mention of MSV still i think he internally gets inspired from MSV-TKR period or more specifically TKR.

♫ விஸ்வநாதன் சாரோடு ராமமூர்த்தி சாரை நீங்கதானே சேர்த்தது?

பானுமதி: ஆமா, அதே படத்துலதான்.

JamesDap
21st October 2013, 08:38 PM

During the MSV felicitation function, IR had said that MSV's music was what he heard during his childhood and that that is what inspired him to explore his interests in music. Chronologically, that probably does coincide with the Vishwanathan-Ramamurthy period. My favourite song of the pre Ilayaraja period is Ninaipadhellam Nadanthuvithal and that is also MSV-TKR. Having said that, IR did collaborate with MSV for Mella Thirandhadhu Kadhavu and according to Sundarrajan (and IR being present in the interview did not contradict him), MSV wrote all the melodies and IR did the orchestration. Thedum Kanparvai is a very beautiful melody; I think MSV's arrangements did not always do justice to his melodies rather than his melodies by themselves not being good. I think the melodies on Puthiya Paravai are very good, it's just the orchestration that sounds cliched to me (who has obviously been pampered by IR). So I think IR has a lot of respect for MSV in his individual capacity also. In one of the NEP behind the scenes clips, IR tells GVM that KVM and MSV are trained, whereas he's not!

EDIT: Oops, Puthiya Paravai is MSV-TKR anyway. Still, even MSV solo there are some other good scores I can recall like Aboorva Ragangal, Thanga Padhakam.

uvowefiyas
21st October 2013, 08:47 PM
During the MSV felicitation function, IR had said that MSV's music was what he heard during his childhood and that that is what inspired him to explore his interests in music. Chronologically, that probably does coincide with the Vishwanathan-Ramamurthy period. My favourite song of the pre Ilayaraja period is Ninaipadhellam Nadanthuvithal and that is also MSV-TKR. Having said that, IR did collaborate with MSV for Mella Thirandhadhu Kadhavu and according to Sundarrajan (and IR being present in the interview did not contradict him), MSV wrote all the melodies and IR did the orchestration. Thedum Kanparvai is a very beautiful melody; I think MSV's arrangements did not always do justice to his melodies rather than his melodies by themselves not being good. I think the melodies on Puthiya Paravai are very good, it's just the orchestration that sounds cliched to me (who has obviously been pampered by IR). So I think IR has a lot of respect for MSV in his individual capacity also. In one of the NEP behind the scenes clips, IR tells GVM that KVM and MSV are trained, whereas he's not!

ok. yes. "ninaipathellam" and "manithan yenpavan" are gems. the soothing meloday and the voice..is it am raja ? not sure.

JamesDap
21st October 2013, 08:52 PM
Both are PBS.

thumburu
23rd October 2013, 12:33 AM
Fantastic posts by crimson king. I am reminded of our veteran hubber Kiru saying musiciams need to EARN the appreciation from IR by displaying their true mastery of the art. Vasishtar vaayAl Bramma Rishi pattam vAnga munaiya vEndum iLaiya isai kalaignyargaL.

irir123
23rd October 2013, 03:40 AM
NEETHANE EN PONVASANTHAM glorifyingly reviewed by Allaboutjazz.com !

http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/article.php?id=45539#.Umb1p1MuegR

IR's output is considered and compared with those of Pat Metheny's work with pianist Lyle Mays, the classic Gil Evans, Oliver Nelson instrumentation.
and the tempo of Tom Petty !!

Joannepx
23rd October 2013, 08:03 AM
Why does first of all IR need to praise or appreciate.. No creativity, rehashed tunes from western album is that what we get from present day composers. and to add, please read his biography "பால் நிலா பாதை". The book mentions how much praise, devotion and respect he has towards MSV sir, Noushad, SPB and hungary composer(I forgot his name)..

JamesDap
23rd October 2013, 08:06 AM
Fantastic posts by crimson king. I am reminded of our veteran hubber Kiru saying musiciams need to EARN the appreciation from IR by displaying their true mastery of the art. Vasishtar vaayAl Bramma Rishi pattam vAnga munaiya vEndum iLaiya isai kalaignyargaL.

He is hard to please and a disciplinarian and this tends to rub film industry people the wrong way. It is so ironic that we complain about people being late all the time in this country and of the apathy to quality and the living legend who understands the importance of both punctuality and perfection is labelled egoistic for that reason.

Joannepx
23rd October 2013, 08:15 AM
Thanks for sharing. will watch it for sure. R Sundararajan and IR produced several memorable and evergreen hits.

rooky
23rd October 2013, 11:29 PM
Yesterday (22 oct), happened to see the last part of Vijay TVs super singer program themed "enrendrum raja". Myskin was the guest and the way he talked about IR was very interesting and different. He swept everyone on the floor.

Vkrish
24th October 2013, 09:39 AM
Vijay TV Airtel Super Singer, this week..is fantastic with a live orchestra band featuring classic hits of Raja. Original reproduced to the max by singers :)

Yesterday, they honourned Viji Manuel..Great Moments...Interesting to see him share his thoughts & also praise the musicians..stressing "MUSIC SHOULD BE WITH LIVE ORCHESTRA LIKE THIS !!!" ..and played 'Hey Ram' Gem in his own style...absolutely stunning...Dont miss Part III

http://tamilo.com/athirady-singer.html

Out of curiosity, checked a beautiful clip on Viji..where Raja whole heartedly praises saying.."Among the Pianists in India, he is the best known to me"

Hope u will njoy the link..(that also has a young ARR taking Notes :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beYUPFZbHtY

We know Raja has seen & praised very high of his team & world musicians..i think his benchmark is set at top..and I think his appriciations today are just like Vikatan Film Review Marks of 38 to 41...

No doubt..Raja had lifted TFM to the great hights..teaming with great musicians...but sad to see, the live orchestra in todays TFM has faded limiting to computer gimmicks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUnydYq--mw

Don't miss todays program in Vijay TV at 9, where they honor the violist Prabhakar :)

JamesDap
24th October 2013, 08:30 PM
It was a memorable episode, though I wish they had quizzed Manuel more. He would have surely had lots more to share.

venkkiram
24th October 2013, 09:44 PM
It was a memorable episode, though I wish they had quizzed Manuel more. He would have surely had lots more to share. I completely lost myself on Viji's "nee paarththa" rendition. What a free flow of fingers? Even at the closer shots of camera, the fingers look as if its not moving but music flows. And the way the fingers progressed to higher notes. Absolute treat to watch.

rajaramsgi
25th October 2013, 06:32 PM
இந்த வார ஆனந்த விகடனில் ஸ்டில்ஸ் ரவி....

பாரதிராஜா, இளையராஜா, வைரமுத்து... அப்போ இவங்க இருக்கிற இடம் களைகட்டும். கம்போஸிங் பண்ண வந்துட்டு அதைத் தவிர மத்த எல்லா விஷயங்களையும் அரட்டை அடிச்சிட்டு கிளம்பிப் போவாங்க. சும்மா ஜாலியா இருக்கலாம்னு போன இடத்துல, பாட்டும் ட்யூனும் சிக்கி அசத்தல் கம்போஸிங்கோட திரும்பி வருவாங்க. இவங்க மூணு பேரும் ஈகோ இல்லாம இருந்திருந்தா, இன்னும் பல க்ளாஸிக் படைப்புகள் கிடைச்சிருக்கும் நமக்கு. 'அலைகள் ஓய்வதில்லை’ படத்துக்காக அர்ச்சனா உள்பட ஏகப்பட்ட பேரை டெஸ்ட் ஷூட் எடுத்தோம். அதில் கடைசியில் க்ளிக் ஆனது ராதா. அப்புறம் ராதாவுக்கு ஏத்த மாதிரி அந்தப் படத்துக்கான பாடல்களை கம்போஸ் பண்ணாங்க!

கடற்கரையில் உட்கார்ந்து இளையராஜா, பாஸ்கர், கங்கை அமரன் பாடுற மாதிரியும் பொதுமக்கள் அதைக் கேட்டு காசு போட்டுட்டு போற மாதிரி படங்கள் எடுத்திருக்கேன். அந்தளவுக்கு ராஜா சகோதரர்கள் என்னை நம்பி தங்களைக் கொடுப்பாங்க. 'அன்னக்கிளி’யில் கமிட் ஆனதும் எடுத்த முதல் ஸ்டில் தொடங்கி, ராஜாவை ஏகப்பட்ட படங்கள் எடுத்திருக்கேன். அவர் ரொம்ப நாளா நான் எடுத்த போட்டோவைத்தான் லோகோ மாதிரி கேசட் ப்ளேயர்களிலும் போஸ்டர்களிலும் பயன்படுத்தினார்.

http://cdnw.vikatan.com/av/2013/10/nwnhnd/images/p160i.jpg

rajsekar
25th October 2013, 09:52 PM
Today's Hindu carried this article about Mysskin. It is indeed sad to read, not because Maestro had composed the background score for the movie but real talent doesn't get rewarded. I have good hope that Maestro's work would be recognized by the national award committee in 2014. It will be unfortunate that a musical composition of such high value and caliber would go unnoticed on a national level.

On a separate note, last week I happened to watch the new English movie "Captain Phillip" and the background score was fantastic - certainly an Oscar nominee. All through the movie, I was completely engrossed in the minute nuances of the score and was thinking how Maestro could have handled the composition. The movie's scoring was done by Englishman, Henry Jackman who has worked under the famous music director Hans Zimmer. Hans and John Williams are very few worldwide film music composers who themselves write western notes for the entire film. John takes some months to write, compose and record background score for Spielberg's movies. Here we have our Maestro creating wonders in 2-3 days. As he pointed in the recent interview with R Sundarajan, the music taste of present day youth lasts only for few days and anything that's produced as a song is like fast food.

From Hindu-Oct 25:
Mysskin is one of the most passionate filmmakers I’ve met. A voracious reader and a die-hard fan of Kurosawa his dedication towards his craft is remarkable. He literally undergoes the pangs of procreation while sealing out the outside world and writing, experiencing his characters emotional upheavals. After ‘Mugamudi’, a creative aberration and a box-office dud, the highly emotional director went into hibernation. Switching off his mobile phone Mysskin went back to the drawing board. Failure did not force him to seek stars but dig deep into his creative resources. With producers shying away Mysskin decided to produce the film himself. Hailed as probably the best thriller in the history of Tamil cinema, sadly ‘Onayum Attukuttiyum’ has had a tepid response at the elusive box-office. Lack of funds meant subdued promotional activities with the director himself visiting various towns and pasting posters. Knowing Mysskin it was more a plea than a publicity stunt. Will this dilute the gifted director’s passion towards his craft? He just needs a good producer with enough faith in his unquestionable abilities. Kamal has loved the film and has been raving about it. He did sign Mysskin for a film after watching ‘Nandalala’. It would be an exciting prospect if that collaboration is revived.

Madhanraj
27th October 2013, 01:18 PM
This week, in AirTel Super singer, it was all Ilayaraja songs...
என் ராகதேவனின் இசை
எத்துனை அருமை ..அழகு..

http://www.tamiltwist.com/2013/10/super-singer-4-21-10-2013-vijay-tv-show.html

http://www.tamiltwist.com/2013/10/super-singer-4-22-10-2013-vijay-tv-show.html

http://www.tamiltwist.com/2013/10/super-singer-4-23-10-2013-vijay-tv-show.html

http://www.tamiltwist.com/2013/10/super-singer-4-24-10-2013-vijay-tv-show.html

http://www.tamiltwist.com/2013/10/super-singer-4-25-10-2013-vijay-tv-show.html

Mysskin Was Unbelievable...
Enjoy...
Rgds - Madhan

thumburu
30th October 2013, 11:45 PM
Thank you very much MahanRaj for those Vijay TV SS4 programme links. I watched till 2nd episode. Will catch up with the rest during the long weekend.
Myshkin would put any hardest core IR fan to shame. :)

Madhanraj
31st October 2013, 08:27 PM
You are welcome Thumburu...
Definitely you are 100% Correct. Mysskin has taken everyone (including Judges) by surprise with his Respect & Love towards IR's Music.
After going thru' individual episode, you will be definitely mesmorised. Then see below link for Highlights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqDEzdE6MCY

Especially, some of the Mysskin comments are available in Highlights and NOT in the Episode.

Rgds - Madhan

rajaramsgi
1st November 2013, 05:27 PM
You are welcome Thumburu...
Definitely you are 100% Correct. Mysskin has taken everyone (including Judges) by surprise with his Respect & Love towards IR's Music.
After going thru' individual episode, you will be definitely mesmorised. Then see below link for Highlights.

Especially, some of the Mysskin comments are available in Highlights and NOT in the Episode.

Rgds - Madhan

Viji Manuel words were so honest and touchy without any cosmetics.. "He is a musician, I played for him, I gave my heart and soul and played for him "

Not sure what went wrong in Viji Manuel's life, but I wish him the best to recover quick from any sickness and addictions; Let him enjoy the rest of his life with peace.

rajaramsgi
3rd November 2013, 08:25 PM
http://cinema.dinakaran.com/cine-news-details.aspx?id=11632&id1=3

11/2/2013 2:02:37 AM
சென்னை : மலேசியாவில் டிசம்பர் 28,ம் தேதி இளையராஜா இசை நிகழ்ச்சி நடக்கிறது. ‘கிங் ஆப் கிங்’ என்ற தலைப்பில் கார்த்திக் ராஜா இதை நடத்துகிறார். இதுபற்றி அவர் நிருபர்களிடம் கூறியதாவது: அப்பா (இளையராஜா) உலகம் முழுவதும் இப்போது இசை நிகழ்ச்சி நடத்தி வருகிறார். அவரது நிகழ்ச்சியை புதுமையான முறையில் நாங்கள் நடத்த முடிவு செய்தோம். வெங்கட்பிரபுதான் இந்த கான்செப்டை உருவாக்கினார்.

80,களில் வெளிவந்து ஹிட்டான அப்பாவின் பாடல்களை சின்ன சின்ன மாற்றங்களுடன் முன்னணி பாடகர், பாடகிகளும் பாட இருக்கிறார்கள். அப்பாவுடன் பணியாற்றிய இயக்குனர்கள், நடிகர், நடிகைகளை அழைத்திருக்கிறோம். மலேசியாவை அடுத்து இதே நிகழ்ச்சியை சென்னையிலும் நடத்த இருக்கிறோம். இவ்வாறு கார்த்திக் ராஜா கூறினார். பேட்டியின்போது வெங்கட்பிரபு, பவதாரிணி, வாசுகி பாஸ்கர், நிகழ்ச்சி ஏற்பாட்டாளர் மை ஈவன்ட் ஆதி ஆகியோர் உடனிருந்தனர்.

rajsekar
7th November 2013, 12:51 AM
Very interesting article in The Hindu. http://www.thehindu.com/features/cinema/those-who-made-real-music/article5316818.ece

“Many composers didn’t have a sense of harmony,” says Daniels. And most music composers didn’t know to write notation! Music directors would tell arrangers what sort of sounds and moods they wanted.

I think the early years when Maestro was working under Salil Chaudhry and GK Venkatesh , he had worked hard to be able to write music scores using western notes. By 1977 when he did his first score, he could literally master it. We want another grand symphony from him because film music has become a cut and paste business, notably Hindi. It's becoming expensive to have a full orchestra to do a complete movie background score. Songs are extracted from templates and you can produce a decent song using couple of rhythm pads and basic instruments because it will be a one time sizzle in social media. How many memorable tunes were there in 2013? Kamalhaasan could nearly spend 95 crores for his own production, but gave peanuts for the music score because it was no longer relevant for his story line. For Vishwaroopam-2, the fee is still lower.

rajsekar
9th November 2013, 02:41 PM
From latest Hindu article:

http://www.thehindu.com/features/cinema/usual-film-but-in-control/article5325462.ece

"Deepavali used to be a time for wild celebrations, especially for film fans in Tamil Nadu in the eighties. There would be at least ten releases starting from Rajni and Kamal starrers to Prabhu, Karthik and ‘Kokila’ Mohan down to Murali. Films were planned with the festival of lights as the deadline for release. There was no talk of too many releases and very few screens. Stars considerd competitors as box-office rivals rather than born enemies. There would always be a dark horse that would outrun a film starring a marquee name. The busiest man would be Ilaiyaraja. He would have churned out chartbusting songs for most of the releases but producers would wait patiently for him to allot dates for the background score. The prolific maestro would not take more than a couple of days for each film but his score would enhance the most mundane of sequences. The films were mostly about romance or revenge and both were lapped up with equal fervour."

At the London concert, SPB quoted that Maestro had scored music and songs for 14 films which were released for a Deepavali season and five songs from each movie went to become super hits. If my memory is correct, wasn't this the 1983 Deepavali season with movies like Vellai Roja.

Joannepx
10th November 2013, 08:45 AM
oru oorla movie Recording footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBgPYR3xBOQ

dochu
10th November 2013, 04:54 PM
Trailer of that Oru oorla rocks with IR's background. Amazing drum beats.

Dragun
14th November 2013, 11:30 AM
Thalaimuraigal teaser (directed by Balu Mahendra):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU-6WOPAytE

Incredible!

rajsekar
15th November 2013, 01:37 PM
Usha Uthup on Maestro "Usha confesses to being a fan of Ilaiyaraaja. “I think he is still the king. There is absolutely no reason for him to be compared to anyone else. You know, there are some songs that you can listen to and just cry? His music does that to me. I have a big collection of his compositions,” she says."

http://www.thehindu.com/features/metroplus/fab-40/article5350955.ece

Last year, Usha gave a wonderful rendition of "Kanne Kalaimane" with KJY at Daasettan@50 function with Maestro enjoying the song.

rajaramsgi
15th November 2013, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the Thalaimuraigal and Oru oorla clips.. I am sure both movies are going to be a great treat for us from Raja sir, can't wait.

K
25th November 2013, 02:22 AM
Official youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ilaiyaraajaofficial?feature=watch

rajaramsgi
26th November 2013, 01:48 AM
சொல்கிற விஷயம் நன்றாக இருந்தாலும், இவர் வீட்டிலும் இப்படி தான் பேசுவாரோ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmFHGnj5dUw

நம்மவரும் அப்படி தான், பேசியே சமயத்தில் கொள்ளுவார்.

Kimrep
27th November 2013, 02:41 AM
சொல்கிற விஷயம் நன்றாக இருந்தாலும், இவர் வீட்டிலும் இப்படி தான் பேசுவாரோ?

நம்மவரும் அப்படி தான், பேசியே சமயத்தில் கொள்ளுவார்.

I thought Diamond was pretty honest and nice. Should appreciate how patiently and honestly he answered to the same damn question people ask him all the time. Imagine what IR would've done. He would've probably slapped Gopinath(verbally at least) and walked out of the show if he kept pushing like he did with kavignar.

JamesDap
27th November 2013, 06:44 AM
Yeah, he gave a politically correct answer and avoided talking about the split, which is what Gopi was trying to incite him to do. I don't agree with what he went on and on about a 'combination' - BR-IR-VM- because IR has had many other such director/lyricist combinations but that's ok, he's not alone in having that viewpoint.

venkkiram
27th November 2013, 08:29 AM
Yeah, he gave a politically correct answer and avoided talking about the split, which is what Gopi was trying to incite him to do. I don't agree with what he went on and on about a 'combination' - BR-IR-VM- because IR has had many other such director/lyricist combinations but that's ok, he's not alone in having that viewpoint.

Is Gobi an ignorant or agenda driven? How he could simply draw a comparison Raja and Vairamuthu on equal scale? Though I am a fan of both the personalities, I could clearly keep both of them in different planes. They are not equal by any units in terms of their own departments. Srinivas's joyful laugh is one another irritating one on that whole scene when VM says that the real problem is due to Ilaiyaraja being Ilaiyaraja and Vairamuthu being Vairamuthu.

I think this whole episode was one way helped VM to use the media to show his best language skills and gain some benefit of doubt from the Raja-VM parting.

SVN
27th November 2013, 03:27 PM
Another thing I noticed is that he did not make eye contact at all. It could mean two things:
1. The individual is trying to deceive
2. He feels superior to others in the studio and doesn't have the need to read his 'subordinate's' feedback, or what the anchor or audience think.

venkkiram
28th November 2013, 11:12 PM
Dig// Planning to buy one good branded, economic ear bud headphones. Need your valuable inputs. Thanks. //

ajaybaskar
29th November 2013, 12:35 AM
price range?

venkkiram
29th November 2013, 01:22 AM
price range?
less than 100$, less than 50$ :)

Ajay, earbud or conventional headphone? which one you can advice? One major advantage with the headphone is, we can use it as ear muff also during winter.

sivasub
30th November 2013, 10:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGMISPDQMHg

krish244
30th November 2013, 09:59 PM
Sivasub,

Thanks a lot for the link. Just started to watch and into the second interlude of "Jaganandakaraka" song. What a tune, music and the magical singing by SPB! It is absolute divine. No one else's music has impacted me so much like IR's.

I always enjoyed Arunmozhi's flute portions (while writing this, I am into the "Mounamela noyi" song...) in IR's concert, because he almost recreates the same tune/sound and the impact is almost like the original.

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
30th November 2013, 10:03 PM
Regarding Arunmozhi's flute, just listen to "Mounamela noyi" song!

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
30th November 2013, 10:26 PM
Again SPB's voice/singing in "Mounamela noyi" song is magical!

I have to write about Chitra. One has to learn from her, how to respect the original creation, be it sticking to the tune or the original emotions by the original singer and yet keep her touch intact. I still remember her singing "Putham pudhu kaalai..." song in one of IR's concert. What a rendition it was! Showed her class and the great respect she had for the original tune and for the singer, the great S.Janaki!

I am into Lalitha kamalam song. Check out the flute again.

Three posts in a gap of ~1 hour!! :)

thanks,

Krishnan

thumburu
1st December 2013, 12:46 AM
krish244, well observed , regarding Arunmozhi/Napoleoan and Chitra. I have not listened to this NJ yet, but I remember in the Chennai December 2011 concert how Arunmozhi handled a barrage of violins, cellos with his inimitable flute passages in "poon kadhavE" song . Also wo can forget his soothing flute in the postlude of "poovE sempoovE" in the same concert ! Chitra is a very reliable singer and somehow one does not really miss Janaki when it is Chitra who is rendering her song. I also wished Raja had given Chitra the "putham pudhu kaalai" in mEgha.
- mythila

rajsekar
1st December 2013, 09:01 PM
I wish that I was in Chennai last week to enjoy these two incredible concerts where Maestro's music was the highlight. I hope that Maestro's fans would soon upload the videos to the Net. Maestro's official website too can provide some links or attempt to get the videos.

http://www.thehindu.com/features/friday-review/music/music-of-the-rajas/article5408503.ece
http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/chennai/when-the-sound-of-music-coloured-the-darkness/article5387088.ece

Also thanks to Madhan for uploading the Super Singer links. It's really fascinating to see young, dedicated singers delivering Maestro's super-duper hit songs. As SPB commented in a recent Vijay TV competition show, each of these songs was recorded with minimum 7-8 takes and some difficult ones took 14 takes. It is quite obvious when you see seasoned playback singers like KJY, SPB, Mano and, Hariharan, Jayachandran (exception being Chitra) commit several mistakes while rendering the songs live on stage. Hence it's not fair to judge the young contestants on a single take in front of so many viewers and judges. The more they can practice, the better delivery it is. This is true for even seasoned veterans. You have to just closely watch Maestro's expression when singers commit mistakes in live performance. He obviously doesn't like improvisation of his tunes/ songs because that's diluting the sauce.

Madhanraj
2nd December 2013, 02:14 PM
True Rajsekar. In more than one occasion, IR has mentioned that how it hurts & pains him when things go wrong in Live @ Stage. This could be one of the reason he has not been doing Concert for Long Years.
Rgds - Madhan

rajaramsgi
4th December 2013, 03:41 AM
Thalaimuraigal press meet by BM. He talks about Raja sir by 27:40 mins..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_6ZHHPfnUQ

Madhanraj
5th December 2013, 10:52 AM
Impressive Take on Thlaimuraigal Press Meet..
BM told IR in Moodu Pani time that if you do not understand my SILENCE, you cannot understand my words. Both have respected and maintained that till now.
Add on : Moodu Pani is BM's 3rd and IR's 100th Movie.(Many might be knowing it)

Rgds - Madhan

njv
7th December 2013, 11:50 AM
less than 100$, less than 50$ :)

Ajay, earbud or conventional headphone? which one you can advice? One major advantage with the headphone is, we can use it as ear muff also during winter.

namma thalaivar CA la bang & olufsen ear phone vaanginaar.

njv
7th December 2013, 12:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGMISPDQMHg

Blessed...

venkkiram
9th December 2013, 04:56 AM
namma thalaivar CA la bang & olufsen ear phone vaanginaar.
Thanks for the info Balaji.

rajaramsgi
15th December 2013, 10:10 PM
oru oorla audio released...

http://cinema.dinamalar.com//tamil-news/16108/cinema/Kollywood/ILAYARAJA-CHALLENGES.htm

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/events/47155.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRaEbVlAwtA

Russellmtp
16th December 2013, 05:46 AM
புதியவர்களை தொடர்ந்து ஊக்குவித்து வரும் இராஜாவுக்கு ஜே. இவரின் இசை இல்லையென்றால் சில படங்களை யாருமே கேள்விப்பட்டிருக்க* மாட்டார்கள். இவரின் இசையினாலேயே பல படங்கள் ஓடியிருக்கின்றன. அதனாலேயே பல குடும்பங்கள் வாழ்ந்திருக்கின்றன. தொடர்ந்து வாழ்கின்றன. "புதியவர்கள் வாருங்கள், நான் இருக்கிறேன்" என்று கூறும் மனது பலருக்கு வராது.

Vysar
18th December 2013, 04:27 AM
http://www.sivakasinews.com/all-news/ilaiyaraja-period-music-taste-changed-r-rahman/

venkkiram
18th December 2013, 08:28 AM
http://www.sivakasinews.com/all-news/ilaiyaraja-period-music-taste-changed-r-rahman/
இந்தக் கேள்வியே தவறு.. கேள்வி கேட்பவனுக்கு உண்மையிலேயே யதார்த்த நிலையை புரிஞ்சிக்கக் கூடிய ஆற்றல் இருந்தால் "அது எப்படி! எவ்வளவு இசையமைப்பாளர்கள் ராஜாவுக்கு பிறகு வந்தாலும் கிராமம், நகரம் என எல்லா இடத்திலும் ராஜாவின் பாடல்கள் ஒலித்துக் கொண்டெ இருக்கிறது? எப்படி பண்பலை எப்.எம் நிகழ்ச்சிகளிலும் / பாடல்களுக்கென இருக்கும் தொலைக்காட்சிகளிலும் / மேடைக் கச்சேரிகளிலும் ராஜாவின் பாடல்கள் இன்னமும் பலராலும் கேட்கப்பட்டு ஒலித்துக் கொண்டே இருக்கிறது? எப்படி இன்னமும் அவரது பாடல் துண்டுகளை இக்கால இயக்குனர்கள் மற்றும் இசையமைப்பாளர்கள் காட்சிகளுக்கு வைக்கிறார்கள்? மைய நீரோட்ட வணிகப் படங்களில் முன்பு போல ராஜா ஈடுபடவில்லை என்றாலும் இன்னமும் அவரது இசை மீதான விருப்பம் மக்களிடையே அணையாமல் ஒளிவிட்டுக் கொண்டு இருக்கிறது? " எனக் கேட்டிருப்பார். ராஜா இனி இசையமைக்க வேண்டியதே இல்லை. இதுவரை இசையமைத்த பாடல்களே போதும். காலம் கடந்து நிற்கும். அவரது பாடல்கள் எத்தனை எத்தனை எம்.பி.3 கள் எத்தனை எத்தனை கம்யூட்டர்களிலும், ஒலித் தகடுகளிலும் பதியப் பட்டிருக்கிறது என்பதை கணக்கிடவே முடியாது. குறைந்த பட்ஜெட்டில் ஒரு சின்ன தள்ளுவண்டியில் எம்.பி.3 தகடுகளை விற்பனை செய்யும் இடத்தில் கூட, ராஜாவின் பாடல்கள் அடங்கிய நிறைய தொகுப்புக்கள் அதிகமாக இன்னமும் மக்களால் வாங்கப் படுகின்றன. வைரமுத்து வரிதான் நினைவுக்கு வருகிறது. "தண்ணீரில் மூழ்காது காற்றுள்ள பந்து"

Russellhaj
18th December 2013, 09:34 AM
Very Well said Venkkiram !

kalnayak
18th December 2013, 03:54 PM
venkkiram,
அற்புதம்... அபாரம்!!!

rajaramsgi
19th December 2013, 09:42 PM
இந்தக் கேள்வியே தவறு.. கேள்வி கேட்பவனுக்கு உண்மையிலேயே யதார்த்த நிலையை புரிஞ்சிக்கக் கூடிய ஆற்றல் இருந்தால் "அது எப்படி! எவ்வளவு இசையமைப்பாளர்கள் ராஜாவுக்கு பிறகு வந்தாலும் கிராமம், நகரம் என எல்லா இடத்திலும் ராஜாவின் பாடல்கள் ஒலித்துக் கொண்டெ இருக்கிறது? எப்படி பண்பலை எப்.எம் நிகழ்ச்சிகளிலும் / பாடல்களுக்கென இருக்கும் தொலைக்காட்சிகளிலும் / மேடைக் கச்சேரிகளிலும் ராஜாவின் பாடல்கள் இன்னமும் பலராலும் கேட்கப்பட்டு ஒலித்துக் கொண்டே இருக்கிறது? எப்படி இன்னமும் அவரது பாடல் துண்டுகளை இக்கால இயக்குனர்கள் மற்றும் இசையமைப்பாளர்கள் காட்சிகளுக்கு வைக்கிறார்கள்? மைய நீரோட்ட வணிகப் படங்களில் முன்பு போல ராஜா ஈடுபடவில்லை என்றாலும் இன்னமும் அவரது இசை மீதான விருப்பம் மக்களிடையே அணையாமல் ஒளிவிட்டுக் கொண்டு இருக்கிறது? " எனக் கேட்டிருப்பார். ராஜா இனி இசையமைக்க வேண்டியதே இல்லை. இதுவரை இசையமைத்த பாடல்களே போதும். காலம் கடந்து நிற்கும். அவரது பாடல்கள் எத்தனை எத்தனை எம்.பி.3 கள் எத்தனை எத்தனை கம்யூட்டர்களிலும், ஒலித் தகடுகளிலும் பதியப் பட்டிருக்கிறது என்பதை கணக்கிடவே முடியாது. குறைந்த பட்ஜெட்டில் ஒரு சின்ன தள்ளுவண்டியில் எம்.பி.3 தகடுகளை விற்பனை செய்யும் இடத்தில் கூட, ராஜாவின் பாடல்கள் அடங்கிய நிறைய தொகுப்புக்கள் அதிகமாக இன்னமும் மக்களால் வாங்கப் படுகின்றன. வைரமுத்து வரிதான் நினைவுக்கு வருகிறது. "தண்ணீரில் மூழ்காது காற்றுள்ள பந்து"

இப்போதெல்லாம் இங்கு யாரும் எழுதுவதில்லை, ராஜா சாரை பற்றிய தகவல்களை முன்பு போல் இங்கு யாரும் பகிர்ந்து கொள்வதில்லை என்று நினைக்கும் போதெல்லாம் வெங்கிராம் போன்றவர்கள் எழுதுவதால் தான், இந்த பகுதி மீண்டும் மீண்டும் எங்களை இங்கு வரவைக்கிறது. இங்கு தொடர்ந்து வந்து போவது 15 ஆண்டு கால பழக்கம், மாற்றுவது சிரமம். என்ன எழுதினாலும் சரி, எதை பகிர்ந்து கொண்டாலும் சரி, அது ராஜா சார் பற்றியதாக இருக்கும் பட்சத்தில் எல்லோரும் தொடர்ந்து எழுதுங்கள். இந்த பகுதியை தக்கவைத்து கொள்வது நம் கையில் தான் இருக்கிறது. அங்கங்கு அள்ளி தெளிக்கபட்டிருக்கும் ராஜா சார் பற்றிய தகவல்களை இங்கு தொடர்ந்து அளிக்க தாழ்மையுடன் வேண்டுகிறேன்.

sudhakarg
20th December 2013, 02:17 AM

காலம் கடந்து நிற்க்கும் இசை இளையராஜாவின் இசை. இது கூட தெரியாமல் இருக்கும் ரஹ்மானை நினைத்தால் சிரிப்பு தான் வருகிறது!

Russellmtp
20th December 2013, 10:03 AM

பொதுமக்கள் இசை இரசனை மாறியிருக்கிறது என்பது மறுக்க முடியாத உண்மை. மாற்றம் இன்றியமையாதது. அந்த மாற்றம் ஆரோக்கியமானதா இல்லையா என்பது அவரவரை பொறுத்தது. சிலருக்கு இந்த மாற்றம் பிடிக்கலாம், சிலருக்கு அப்படி இருக்காது. ஆனால் மாற்றம் இருக்கிறது.

எம்.எஸ்.வி பாடல்களையும் இன்றும் மக்கள் விரும்பி கேட்கிறார்கள். அதற்காக பொதுவாக அந்த காலத்து இரசனை இன்னும் அப்படியே இருக்கிறது என்று பொருளல்ல. மாற்றம் என்பது இல்லையென்றால் எம்.எஸ்.வியும் இல்லை, இராஜாவும் இல்லை, இரஹ்மானும் இல்லை, யாரும் இல்லை.

இரஹ்மானே அவர் பதிலில் இராஜா இசையை மக்கள் விரும்பி கேட்கிறார்கள் என்பதை மறுக்கவில்லையே. இராஜாவின் இசை சிறந்தது என்பதில் எந்த கருத்து வேறுபாடும் இல்லை. இரஹ்மான் இராஜாவின் இசையை குறைத்து எந்த இடத்திலும் கூறவில்லை. அந்த எரிச்சலூட்டும் கேள்விக்கு பொறுமையாகவே பதிலளித்திருக்கிறார். அவர் கூறியது யதார்த்த நிலை. இசை இரசனை மாறியிருக்கிறது என்பதை "இராஜா அவ்வளவுதான்" என்று இரஹ்மான் கூறியதாக கற்பனை செய்து கொண்டு அவரை இகழ்பவர்கள் இகழலாம். யார் கேட்பதற்கு? ஆனால் அவர் அப்படி கூறவில்லை என்பதுதான் உண்மை.

இரஹ்மானை பார்த்து சிரிக்கும் தம்பி, உங்ககிட்ட இருந்து நாங்க இன்னும் பெட்டரா எதிர்பார்க்கிறோம்.

kr
20th December 2013, 10:04 PM
Thozhar: You may try to defend Rahman. But if you read the context he was painting IR as irrelevant. This is also his marketing positioning stating he is more relevant. You guys may fall for his false humility cloak that he puts on. He is a despicable person - terribly overrrated

Russellmtp
21st December 2013, 01:37 AM
Thozhar: You may try to defend Rahman. But if you read the context he was painting IR as irrelevant. This is also his marketing positioning stating he is more relevant. You guys may fall for his false humility cloak that he puts on. He is a despicable person - terribly overrrated

You are entitled to your opinion. But, have you ever pondered that perhaps you may be the one who is reading it out of context? Perhaps your hatred for Rahman is making you do that?

Rahman fans don't fall for his humility, false or otherwise. We love his music and that is what matters to us. He never needed any marketing, definitely not in his current position. His music takes care of that.

Re: overrated, again, you are entitled to your opinion. Everyone has one. But, I am sure Rahman will be disappointed:-)

kr
21st December 2013, 08:31 AM
That defines our tastes - your loving his music - there is not much in common between us - I have been in Marketing (not sales) for 30 years and and am a Senior Vice President of Marketing in the US. So I know a little about Marketing. His whole existence is based on a carefully orchestrated positioning - he was launched on a Maniratnam platform when Maniratnam brand had built an equity of hipness. He carefully cultivated this prception of humitlity and tons of ignorant people fell for it aided by the media. However, it was so evident right from the start that it was a fake show if only people had the analytical capability to parse through the garbage he was throwing out. I couldnt care much about the ignorant bunch thinking that his music is great - thats your perspective. But ask that fake to not to mouth off against IR - thats what enrages me - that fake hasnt done much and he probably knows that. Thats why he resorts to these cheap attacks. What a despicable human being

rajsekar
21st December 2013, 08:37 AM
First of all our media interviewers should be given a coaching class or training to ask the right question to a person. As Venkirram mentioned, the question posed to Rahman was not appropriate. He should not have asked any questions about Maestro, unless Rahman himself mentioned his name. Imagine if the interviewer had posed a similar question to Maestro about Rahman. It is a well known fact that both musicians have a different style of composing music and the output is different, although they don't like to refer or talk about their work. Can we demean KVM, Salil Choudhary and MSV's music? Just like Maestro's music, other musicians works are passed on through generations. Of course, time changes everything and that's true for everything in this world, be it music, movie stars, movies, art, etc. Rahman was answering the question based on how he saw the current music trend while Maestro would have given a different answer. No one really knows what's going on inside their mind. The fans should take things in its face value and continue to enjoy Maestro's endless music tunes. We don't care what someone commented on his music or legacy. As long as there are stupid media guys, we will continue to hear such nonsense from the press.

JamesDap
21st December 2013, 09:47 AM
^^^ Rahman is entitled to believe tastes have changed and we don't live in the IR era anymore (and nevermind the Filmfare nomination for NEPV or the award for Ramya NSK for Sattru Munbu, right?). However, the statement that really caught my attention was the claim that there's nobody even in the villages who hasn't heard his music. Really? How can he be so sure about that? Has he really gone to each and every village to determine this? What is the need to make such tall, boastful claims about his popularity?

thozhar, speak for yourself. Maybe YOU don't care about whether ARR is humble or not, but I have repeatedly seen ARR fans sing eons to his humility and, usually, draw IR into an unfavourable comparison on this account even claiming IR ought to learn something from him. I will not countenance listeners presuming to have the standing to tell IR what to do and what not to do.

They can't change their tune now that it transpires that maybe ARR is not so humble after all. :wink: I have personally never attached importance to a person's media image as long as he is not racist or discriminatory. But I do derive a tiny bit of pleasure from watching the cookie crumble for some of these deluded fans.

JamesDap
21st December 2013, 09:54 AM
That defines our tastes - your loving his music - there is not much in common between us - I have been in Marketing (not sales) for 30 years and and am a Senior Vice President of Marketing in the US. So I know a little about Marketing. His whole existence is based on a carefully orchestrated positioning - he was launched on a Maniratnam platform when Maniratnam brand had built an equity of hipness. He carefully cultivated this prception of humitlity and tons of ignorant people fell for it aided by the media. However, it was so evident right from the start that it was a fake show if only people had the analytical capability to parse through the garbage he was throwing out. I couldnt care much about the ignorant bunch thinking that his music is great - thats your perspective. But ask that fake to not to mouth off against IR - thats what enrages me - that fake hasnt done much and he probably knows that. Thats why he resorts to these cheap attacks. What a despicable human being

On the subject of how ARR cultivates his image, one of the most amusing, ridiculous things I have seen is in a CNN interview where he pretends to search for the name of the synthesizer in front of him in his studio...you know, it's so damn hard for the genius to get out of his dreamy haze. Yeah, right, can't name the stuff he works with everyday for a living, who's he kidding. Have you ever seen Ilayaraja speak in anything but a crystal clear manner? One may or may not agree with his statements and he can sometimes be pretty disagreeable but he always appear to be sure in his mind of what he is saying. And that's the way I have seen most musicians speak about their craft. But ARR has to appear to be this dreamy rockstar, else his fans would be so disappointed if he was just like everybody else. I make this observation because ARR certainly didn't speak like that in an old Abdul Hamir interview from around 1994. THAT is probably his natural tendency and what he offers for public consumption these days is likely a put on.

appushiva
21st December 2013, 12:41 PM
The discussion started in "Raja fans - facebook" page regarding ARR reply in the kumudam interview.
--------
Appu Shiva -- I strongly condemn A.R.Rahman for lamenting that IR songs are no more hearable now and the people switched their likings. (Kumudam interview for a question IR songs are mostly heared in country side than his). We can understand his inner sense that how he respects a senior celebrity who is still No.1 in soulful music.
Like · ·Stop Notifications · December 17 at 12:21pm near Al Kuwait
5 people like this.
.Agamendran Raju Oru. Sound. Engineerku. Isaiah pathi. Enna theriyumDecember 17 at 12:41pm via mobile ·
Like.
.Avinash Ramesh Its not mostly heard in the country "its in tamilnadu " ..December 17 at 1:07pm via mobile · Like.
.Appu Shiva Avinash IR has more followers in AP and in Kerala too, he is been adjudged the best music director for 100 Years in Indian flim industryDecember 17 at 2:25pm · Like
..Avinash Ramesh Appu Shiva i said that with regards to the interview ..in the interview the interviewer asked IR's songs was mostly heard in interiors to tamilnadu he didnt ask with regards to country..December 17 at 3:00pm · Like.
.Sam Paavendan Is that recent interview? I doubt he will say openly like this, Kumudam is known for twisting the facts.December 17 at 3:25pm · Like ·
2..Nithiyanandan Nithi raja alwaz raja December 17 at 3:26pm · Like
..Venkatesh Anand Avan pechalam kekathinga..Viruthukku apparpattar nam aal avanoda compare pannathinga...avan pesuratha loosula vidunga....We are the king of music n God of musicDecember 17 at 4:11pm · Like · 1.
.Arun Govindaswamy Lesser mortal's will remain so ..... What more can one expect .... Not worth a discussion .....December 17 at 5:27pm via mobile · Like · 1
..Anantha Padmanabhan Aravind Rahman was given Oscar, Sorry got Oscar for a movie which got dubbed in tamil and didnt run even for 3 days even after lot of "PUBLICITY". If he says no onlikes Raja, Please let him self introspect and tell What was his last Hit?He scores one or two movies a year and those arenot standing est of times, whereas Raja Sir Music is till appreciated.Kumudam does tis work beatifully for Increasing their Circulation.December 17 at 5:57pm · Like · 1.
.Bhaskar NV Ivan vera mathiri....!!!!December 17 at 7:29pm · Like · 1.
.Navin Mozart ரஹ்மான் ,"ராஜா காலத்து ரசனை மாறிவிட்டது என்கிறார்..""ராஜா இசையை யாரும் கேட்பதில்லை "என்று சொன்னதாக தெரியவில்லை.இரண்டிற்கும் நெறைய வேற்றுமை உள்ளது ...அதாவது ராஜா காலத்தில் மக்கள் நல்ல இசைரசனை உடையவர்களாக இருந்தனர் ...ஆனால் இன்று அந்த ரசனை இல்லை ...அவர்கள் ரசனை மாறிவிட்டது ...அதனால் அந்த காலத்தில் வந்த பாடல்களை போல் இப்போது போட்டால் ரசிப்பத்தற்க்கு ஆள் இல்லை என்கிறார்..இதையே தான் ராஜா தோணி படப்பாடல் வெளியீடு விழாவில் ...மலர்ந்தும் மலராத பாடல் போல் இப்போது விஜய் அஜித்துக்கு போடா முடியுமா ?போட்டால் கேட்பார்களா ?என்று கேட்டார்...அதுமட்டும் அல்ல எந்த ஒரு இசைஅமைப்பாளரரிடமும் போய் உங்கள் இசையை யாருமே கேட்பதில்லை என்று கூறினால் இந்த பதிலை தான் எதிரப்பர்க்கமுடியும்....December 18 at 12:16am · Like · 11.
.Senthil Vinu Navin Mozart, Well put! Rahman doesn't mean it in negative sense. It seems like he is lamenting at the current taste of music. Raja himself believed music taste was lost in 80's even at his peak. At several instances, publicly, he has asked directors to come with different situations and not the same old situations. This is another reason he barred most producers from his composing room.December 18 at 12:36am · Like · 2.
.Ramesh Krishnan http://www.sivakasinews.com/.../ilaiyaraja-period-music.../
"Ilaiyaraja period music taste has changed" - A.R.Rahman
www.sivakasinews.com
"Ilaiyaraja period music taste has changed" - A.R.Rahman (Kumudam Dec 10, 2013).December 18 at 2:55am · Like · 1.
.Ramesh Krishnan ARR has said it very diplomatically and there is nothing wrong. the point is, the question itself conveys that Raja's music is popular in interior tamil nadu but his is not.December 18 at 2:56am · Like · 1.
.Sam Paavendan People (I am talking about public not fans) don't have patience to sit in front of the tape recorder listen as they did during vaidhegi kathirunthaal and Idhayakoyil etc. They want to hear some foot tapping numbers on the go. Raja's music can't be enjoyed that way.December 18 at 3:15am · Like
..Navin Mozart Sam Paavendan Really...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHSpqVaud80
Kannada Prem Kahani : Hodadavne
www.youtube.com
Director: R Chandru Choreographer: Harsha. A Music Director: Maestro Ilayaraja C...inematographer: KS Chandrashekar Cast : Ajay Rao, Sheela, Rangayana Raghu, Da...See More.December 18 at 3:58am · Unlike · 3.
.Navin Mozart Beat ennavo Venga boys paatu thaan aana tune....Originall..rahman pala paatu mathri..December 18 at 3:59am · Edited · Like..Navin Mozart http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PfcJ88qdjE
Thathom Thakathimi
www.youtube.com
"Kadhal Kavithai" Parsanth, Ishagopika Hit Film.December 18 at 4:03am · Like.
.Jayaram Balasubramanyam luks he said casualy and we shoud understad inniki rahman paatu gramathuku poyachuDecember 18 at 4:38am · Like.
.Dileep Kumar Shatdharshanam Listen to "Ottesi Cheputha" from Om Shanthi to know another Foot tapping song of IlayarajaDecember 18 at 6:24am · Like.
.Appu Shiva- Dear Navin and Senthil , the question from the reporter was clear and direct , that people in villages enjoys IR songs than his, A.R.Rahman answer should be yes or no, he need not cleverly divert the question that present people changed their likings.. who said ,, I had seen even in city , people hear IR songs during public transport , inside cars , restaurants, etc. And mostly NRI's hear IR songs to feel homely.Take the note of actor Nazer mentioned in one of the function the fact that people in country side hear only IR songs.Pizza and humburger never replaces Idly and dosa at any time period..................Also i heard annakili and 16 Vaithenela are repeative heared in villages not Porale ponnuthaiye....What i criticize one should accept that his creativity is not par with IR and long live...it may hard to digest but it is the fact December 18 at 7:51am · Edited · Like · 3

..Appu Shiva Also Rahman mentions IR period songs , as if he is out of flim industry in 1993,, he not even bother that IR still give symphony music in NEPV and Megha, and provoke that IR period is already completed and he is ruling now and one day other will come ... completely baseless theory,, I never seen a music directgor after IR,, all are acoustic mixers or half baked copy and paste genre.December 18 at 7:58am · Edited · Like · 1.
.Senthil Vinu --Appu Shiva, Ok I will take back my word that Rahman was lamenting at the state of current music taste. I read the interview in Tamil now, earlier I was going my friend's post. I was wrong. Anyway, I don't want to get what Rahman is saying. I just don't think popularity in village, rural, city, country and world is measure of any one's genius, especially Raja's. How to name it and Nothing but wind are not as popular in our villages like Annakilli songs. Does that take away the genius of the works? His genius is in his works, don't need any external criteria or comparison to support it.December 18 at 11:03am · Edited · Like · 4.
.Sridhar Ravi Senthil Vinu A unheard point you said. NICE ONE :)December 18 at 3:45pm · Like.
.Shankar Nag I have read that interview. It is not as scathing as it seems. He has even said in future his songs too will be replaced by someone else.But certainly I feel he cud not accept the fact that even now in villages(in buses,or in some functions(why even in FM radios)) Raja is still the Raja. Rahman cud not replace him. Of course Rahman cannot accept this. One has to be very very matured to do so . I hope time will give that maturity.December 18 at 5:46pm · Like · 3.
.Shankar Nag Mukki Mukki music podraar rahman. Ilayaraja best nu solla enna vekkam vendi irukku? appadi sonnal un peyar innum uyarum.December 18 at 5:49pm · Like.
.Sam Paavendan In villages, they still hear MGR, Sivaji songs and IR songs as well. They shy away from Rahmanish.December 18 at 6:24pm · Like.
.Agamendran Raju Oru padaluku 6varam edukkum rahman engae 1/2hourla 6 padal Raja engae. Chinnathambi kettu paruga puriyumDecember 18 at 6:36pm via mobile · Like.
.Appu Shiva Thanks Senthil for your understanding on the subject...RegardsDecember 18 at 10:00pm · Like.
.Appu Shiva Navin , the song Hodadavne kannada, is an enjoyable song with different beats out of the box, you can check my comment on the youtube song link given 3 years before in the name masala0011. This song I hear when I am stressed in office , after hearing I will be relaxed to some extentDecember 18 at 10:13pm · Like.
.Ragunaath Rathnam he reporters question stand invalid.

The people in Villages, may be you can call youths of villages, they listen to the current trend. From GV to everyone, this is the fact. The TV's and media got in to every corners, the change in medium is inevitable.

Also they still listen to Ilayaraja.December 19 at 12:00am · Like.
.Shankar Nag Yes accepted, when a thing is played in a T.V. Media,one cannot but help to watch it. But have u ever travelled in those local buses, and have U listened wat songs they choose to play during some family or temple functions. It is still IR songs only. Even at night, Fms throng with Raja sir songs only.December 19 at 4:49pm · Unlike · 1.
.Shankar Nag Many internet centers I used. 9/10 times there they play Raja songs only. Right now I am listening to Singalattu chinnakkuyileDecember 19 at 4:51pm · Like..

..-----

Madhanraj
21st December 2013, 02:01 PM
Hi Friends. Thread is getting diverted. Let us focus on IR and his music. We know what IR and his music all about. It's Divine and Time Tested Music. Let us not compare IR with anyone and move on ..So Called Celeberities do not want give Credit to him because they will look too small in front of his fame and name....He is way beyond anyone reach and always given MUSIC beyond Time...Will stay forever. GOD bless everyone...
Rgds - Madhan

apewenodurug
21st December 2013, 10:54 PM
I have been following this discussion without jumping in. I am not an unbiased observer. I love Ilaiyaraaja - the versatility of the man is unmatched as far as I know. I do listen to Rahman and other composers and enjoy them occasionally. When Yuvan sung for Rahman I felt some soft of happiness that our composers are all capable of collaborating and raising above petty differences. I fail to understand this mentality that one composer's period is over and the other one's reign should begin. Why cant diverse composers thrive at the same time and add to the listening pleasure of fans?
I believe that the question asked in the interview was not relevant and need not have been asked. However, if only Rahman had voiced something like what I said above: "all composers have their place and only time will tell how someone's creations endure across generations."

Russellmtp
22nd December 2013, 04:00 AM

I don't care if you are God Himself. You have no right to comment about others' analytical capabilities. And, to call Rahman fans an ignorant bunch? Now, that is despicable, cheap, and rude. I am a nobody to ask Rahman to stop mouthing off anyone. And, may I remind you, so are you - VP in the US or in Mars...or not. What if he keeps mouthing off? What will you do?:-)

Re: garbage, based on what you write, it seems that is what your choice of music is. A person listening to good music won't spew such garbage.

Russellmtp
22nd December 2013, 04:02 AM
"else his fans would be so disappointed if he was just like everybody else. "

All I can say is, "nonsense".

JamesDap
22nd December 2013, 08:51 AM
"else his fans would be so disappointed if he was just like everybody else. "

All I can say is, "nonsense".

I am sorry but some of his fans have even resorted to mocking IR for wearing kurta-veshthi. That leaves me no choice but to make the above conclusion. I am not including you in the above statement but I would again request you not to speak on behalf of all ARR fans.

venkkiram
22nd December 2013, 10:17 PM
ரஹ்மான்: அதே போல் இசையிலும் ரசனை மாற்றம் வந்துகொண்டேதான் இருக்கும். இன்றைக்கு ராஜாவைத் தாண்டி, நாளைக்கு என்னையும் தாண்டி, இசை ரசனை வளர்ந்துபோய்க் கொண்டுதான் இருக்கும்.

இதிலேயும் எனக்கு முழுக்க உடன்பாடில்லை.

"இன்றைக்கு ராஜாவைத் தாண்டி, நாளைக்கு என்னையும் தாண்டி, இசை ரசனை வளர்ந்துபோய்க் கொண்டுதான் இருக்கும்." - ரசனை மாற்றம் வரும். ஆனால் ரசனை வளர்ந்ததாக/வளர்வதாகத் தெரியவில்லை. எது "ரசனை வளர்ச்சி"?

"இன்றைக்கு ராஜாவைத் தாண்டி," - இதிலேயே முழு உண்மையும் பட்டவர்த்தனமாக வெளிப்பட்டுவிடுகிறது. ரஹ்மான் அலை 92-ல் தொடங்கியதிலிருந்தே ராஜா இல்லை என நினைத்துக் கொண்டிருப்பவர்களுக்கு ரஹ்மானின் இந்த தன்னிலை ஒப்புதல் நம்பமுடியாமல் போகலாம். "இன்று ராஜாவைத் தாண்டி" - என்பதை சொல்ல இருபது வருடங்கள் ஆகிவிட்டது. இந்த இருபது வருடத்தில் அதுவும் இரண்டாயிரம் ஆண்டுகளில் ராஜா புதிய படங்களில் முன்பு இருந்ததுபோல பெரிய பேனர் படங்கள் செய்யாமலிருந்தும் இன்னும் ராஜாவின் வீச்சு குன்றிலிட்ட விளக்குபோல ஒளிவீசிக் கொண்டே இருக்கிறது.

Joannepx
22nd December 2013, 10:26 PM
My two cents.. The question from the interviewer is absurd. Atleast ARR could have politely avoided or skipped answering to such sort of questions. He did similar thing couple of months back in CNN IBN interview.

Joannepx
22nd December 2013, 10:51 PM
Saw this post in FB and wanted to share with the group

சுந்தரி கண்ணால் ஒரு சேதி.... பிரமிப்பு !!!

கிழேயுள்ள புகைப்படம் 1991 இல் வெளிவந்த தளபதிப் பாடலான சுந்தரி கண்ணால் ஒரு சேதி.. என்ற பாட்டு இப்போதைய மும்பாயிலும் அப்போதைய பம்பாயிலும் பதிவு பண்ணிக் கொண்டிருக்கும் போது எடுக்கப்பட்டது ( நன்றி நண்பர் எடி தினேஷ் )

இந்தப்பாட்டைப் பற்றி இசைஞானியும் பாடிய பாலுவும் இரு முக்கியமான தகவல்களைக் கூறியிருந்தார்கள்.. இந்தப் பாட்டின் மெட்டுக்கு கன கச்சிதமாக ஐயா வாலி பாட்டெழுதிய வித்தகத்தைப் பற்றி இசைஞானியும்,
மும்பாய் ஒலிப்பதிவுக் கூடம் ஒன்றில் இந்தப் பாடல் பதிவு நடந்த போது ராஜாவின் இசைக்குறிப்பை படித்து, வியந்து, இசைத்து முடிந்ததும், மகராஷ்டிரா இசைக்கலைஞர்கள் எல்லோரும் எழுந்து நின்று கைதட்டியதை பார்த்து, தான் பரவசப் பட்டதைப் பற்றி பாலுவும் கூறியதை நாங்கள் பலர் கேட்டிருக்கலாம்.

இந்தப் பாட்டின் இன்னும் பற்பல விடயங்கள் என்னைப் பிரமிக்க வைத்துக் கொண்டேயிருக்கின்றன.
பல்லவியில் தாள வாத்தியமே பாவிக்கப்படவில்லை.
பின்னணியில் அலை அலையாக எழும் வயிலின்களின் ஆர்ப்பரிப்பு எனக்கு கடல் அலைகளின் ஆர்ப்பரிப்பையே நினைவு படுத்துகின்றன....

இடையிசையில் முதலில் ட்ரம்ஸ்களுடன் மிக அமைதியாக ஆரம்பிக்கிறார் இசைஞானி. அந்த அமைதியான ஆரம்பம் புயலுக்கு முந்திய அமைதியைப் போன்றே எனக்குத் தோன்றுவதுண்டு. அவற்றுடன் வந்து சேர்ந்து கொள்ளும் ட்ரம்பெற்களின் ஆக்ரோஷம்.. அதன் பின் அவை அடங்கிப் போதல், அவைக்குப் பதிலாக ஆர்ப்பரிக்கும் வயிலின்கள் கோரஸ் கூட்டணி என்று பயணிக்கும் அந்த இசைப் பிரமாண்டம் சிறு வயதில் நான் பார்த்துப் பிரமித்த பென்ஹர் என்ற ஆங்கிலப் படத்தின் பிரமாண்டத்துக்கு (என்னைப் பொறுத்தவரை ) ஒப்பானது. அந்த இசைப் பிரமாண்டம் அப்படியே கொஞ்சம் கொஞ்சமாக சாந்தமாகி தப்லாவுக்கும் பின் சரணத்துக்கும் வழிவிடும் அழகு .அப்பப்பா..அதுதான் ராஜா அழகு. .

இந்தப்பாட்டைப் பாடிய பாலுவும் ஜானுவும் வேறு கலக்கியிருக்கிறார்கள். காதலால் படும் வேதனையை விபரிக்கும் இந்தப் பாட்டின் முதலாவது சரணத்தின் இடையில் வரும் வார்த்தைகளை , கவிஞர் வாலி " வான் நிலவை நீ கேளு கூறும் என் வேதனை " என காதலன் பாடுவதாக எழுதியுள்ளார். இந்த வார்த்தைகளை பாலு எப்படிப் பாடியிருக்கிறார் என்பதைக் கவனியுங்கள்.:

வான் நிலவை என்பதை சாதாரணமாகப் பாடும் பாலு " நீ" என்பதில் ஒரு பொடி சங்கதியும் "கேளு" என்பதை கே..ளூ..என்றும் ,கூறும் என் வேதனை என்பதில் வரும் " வேதனை" என்பதை " வேஃதனை" என்று அருமையான சங்கதி போட்டதன் மூலம் அந்த வார்த்தையின் அர்த்தத்தை... வேதனையை வேதனையுடன் பாடி ராஜாவின் இசைக்கற்பனையை இன்னும் செதுக்கி அதை முழுமையடையச் செய்கிறார். இதுதான் பாலு ராஜா கூட்டணியின் வெற்றி. இதைத்தான் mutual understanding என்பது. இனி ஒரு போதும் கிடைக்காத கூட்டணி இது என்பதை மீண்டும் ஆணித்தரமாக இங்கே பதிகிறேன்.

இதே போலவே பலத்த வேலைப்பாடுகளுடன் அமைந்துள்ளது இரண்டாம் இடையிசை

இதில் இன்னொரு விடயத்தையும் நான் குறிப்பிட்டே ஆகவேண்டும். அதாவது பல்லவியிலும் இடையிசையிலும் அதிகாரம் செலுத்தும் வயிலின் கூட்டணி, சரணத்தில் அடங்கி விடுகின்றது. ஆனால் சரனம் முடிந்து பல்லவிக்கு மீண்டும் பாடல் திரும் பும் போதும், அதற்கு முன் ஜானகி பாடும் " என்னையே தந்தேன் உனக்காக ..ஜென்மமே கொண்டேன் அதற்காக " என்ற வரிகளின் போதும் மீண்டும் நாசுக்காக பாட்டின் பின்னணியில் ஒலிக்கத் தொடங்கும் வயிலின் கூட்டணி, ஒவ்வொரு முறை பல்லவி பாடும் போதும் பின்னால் ஒலித்துக் கொண்டேயிருக்கின்றது. இந்த வயிலின்களின் கூட்டணிதான் எம்மையறியாமலேயே நாம் இந்தப் பாட்டுக்குள் கிறங்கிப் போவதற்கு முக்கிய காரண*ம். ராஜாவின் இந்த இசை சூட்சுமத்தை அவரின் பல பாடல்களில் கேட்கலாம். அவரின் வெற்றியின் ப்ல சூட்சுமங்களில் இது முக்கியமானது என நான் உறுதிபட நம்புகின்றேன்.
இவற்றைவிட இன்னும் ஏராளமான , எவ்வளவோ விடயங்களை அடுக்கிக் கொண்டே போகலாம். ஆனால் இவையெல்லாவற்றிற்கும் முத்தாய்ப்பாக எனக்குத் தோன்றுவது புல்லாங்குழல் இசைதான்.

பாட்டின் தொடக்கத்தை பல வயிலின்களின் கூட்டணியுடன் நடு நாயகமாக வந்து அட்டகாசமாக . ஆரம்பித்து வைக்கிறது புல்லாங்குழல் . அதன் பின் பல்லவியின் ஒவ்வொரு வார்த்தைகளின் முடிவிலும் 4 தடவைகள், கொஞ்சம் வித்தியாசமான ஒலியுடன் மீண்டும் வருகின்றது புல்லாங்குழல் .
ஒருவேளை இரு வேறுபட்ட புல்லாங்குழல்களை இந்த இசை வித்தியாசத்தையும் அதன் மூலமான உணர்வு மாற்ற*த்தை ஏற்படுத்தும் முகமாக இசைஞானி பாவித்திருக்கக் கூடும்.
இதில் கவனிக்க வேண்டியது என்னவென்றால், . இந்த நாலு தடவையும் அது எந்தவிதமான உணர்ச்சியை பாடலுக்குள் புகுத்துகின்றது என்பதைத்தான். பாடலின் வார்த்தைகளையும் அதைத் தொடர்ந்து அந்த வார்த்தைகளுக்கேற்ப புல்லாங்குழல் என்ன ஜாலங்களை செய்கின்றது என்பதையும் அடுத்துப் பாருங்கள் :

" சுந்தரி கண்ணால் ஒரு சேதி...( புல்லாங்குழல் வெட்கப் படுகிறது, அல்லது வியப்பை வெளிப்படுத்துகிறது )

சொல்லடி இந்நாள் நல்ல தேதி....( புல்லாங்குழல் சிணுங்குகிறது )

என்னையே தந்தேன் உனக்காக...( அதே நாணம் )

ஜென்மமே கொண்டேன் அதற்காக ( அதே சிணுங்கல் )

உண்மையில் இது ஒரு விதமான உரையாடல் . பாலுவுக்கும் ஜானகி அம்மாவுக்கும் , புல்லாங்குழல் தன்பாட்டுக்குப் பதில் சொல்லிக் கொண்டே போவதாகவே எனக்குப் படுகின்றது.

இந்தப்பாட்டு வெளிவந்து 23 வருடங்கள் ஆகிவிட்டது. ஆனால் எனக்குத் தெரிய இந்தப் பாடலைப் பற்றி இது வெளிவந்த காலத்தில் இதன் இனிமையைத் தவிர்த்து இதற்குள்ளிருக்கும் இசைச் சூட்சுமங்களைப் பற்றி எவரும் பெரிதாக அலட்டிக் கொண்டதாக எனக்கு நினைவில்லை. ஆனால் சமீப காலங்களாக எஸ்.பி.பாலு அடங்கலாக பலர் இது ஒரு மிகச் சிறந்த இசைச் சேர்க்கை என க் கூறத் தொடங்கியுள்ளதை அவதானிக்கக் கூடியதாக உள்ள*து.

ஏன் அப்படி ? இந்தப் பாட்டு மிகச் சிறந்த கொம்பொசிஷனாக இருந்திருந்தால் இன்றைக்கு 22 வருடங்களுக்கு முன்னரேயே நாம் ஏன் இதைக் கொண்டாடாமல் இப்போ தூக்கிப் பிடிக்கிறோம் ?? அதற்கான விடை ஒன்றே ஒன்றுதான் இந்தப் பாடல் வெளிவந்த போது எமக்கிருந்த இசையறிவு வரையறுக்கப் பட்டது. அது இதன் சூட்சுமங்களை அறியப் போதுமானதாக இருக்கவில்லை. ஆனால் கடந்த இரண்டு தசாப்தமாக எமக்குள் ஏற்பட்ட வளர்ச்சியும் சர்வதேச
இசைகளைக் கேட்டும் படித்தும் பெற்ற பட்டறிவும், இப்போ இந்தப் பாடலைக் கேட்கும் போது மலைக்கவும் வியக்கவும் வைக்கின்றது.

இது 1991 இல் காலம் கடந்து போடப்பட்ட பாட்டு. இதில் இசைஞானியுடன் சேர்த்து அத்தனை இசைக்கலைஞர்களும் மனதாரப் பாராட்டப் பட வேண்டியவர்கள்.
முக்கியமாக புல்லாங்குழல் கலைஞன் ( Napoleon Selvaraj திரு.நெப்போலியன்)

Russellhaj
23rd December 2013, 04:32 AM
The King of the Kings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntYbRUNWtQQ

krish244
23rd December 2013, 03:19 PM
IR hospitalized after he complained of chest pain. Update (according to below tamil website) is that all regular tests have been completed and angiogram is in progress.

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/tamil/news/2013/ilaiyaraaja-hospitalised-127928.html

http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/news/ilayaraaja-hospitalised-190139.html

My sincere wishes for his speedy recovery.

thanks,

Krishnan

madhu
23rd December 2013, 04:21 PM
Wish him a speedy recovery.

dochu
23rd December 2013, 04:33 PM
ரஹ்மான்: அதே போல் இசையிலும் ரசனை மாற்றம் வந்துகொண்டேதான் இருக்கும். இன்றைக்கு ராஜாவைத் தாண்டி, நாளைக்கு என்னையும் தாண்டி, இசை ரசனை வளர்ந்துபோய்க் கொண்டுதான் இருக்கும்.

Just a small example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAltddaLLf0

Movie: Kadal (2013)
Song: Adiyee....
MD: ARR

Copied from

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRy9e7aNSjg

Album: Ali Farka Toure with Ry Cooder (Talking Timbuktu) (1994)
Artist: Ali Farka Touré (Malian - 1939-2006 RIP)

ARR has popularized other's works not his. Hence if at all, anything that is playing in Indian villages are of others. Credit should go to the original artist.

lydayaxobia976
23rd December 2013, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by venkkiram
First of all he is insisting that people listening to his music bcos their knowledge have improve . How sad is that , any art or music should reflect their culture or their land . Interns of music when people listen to music they should get that feel . Nothing wrong with listen music from other culture or country as long as that music give you that feel

Vysar
23rd December 2013, 05:41 PM
http://m.oneindia.in/tamil/movies/news/ilayaraaja-undergoes-angiogram-190159.html

rajaramsgi
23rd December 2013, 07:47 PM
just a small example:

movie: kadal (2013)
song: adiyee....
md: arr

copied from

album: ali farka toure with ry cooder (talking timbuktu) (1994)
artist: ali farka touré (malian - 1939-2006 rip)

arr has popularized other's works not his. Hence if at all, anything that is playing in indian villages are of others. Credit should go to the original artist.

ஹலோ, காப்பி அடிச்சாலும் கரெக்டா பன்றோம்ல..உங்களை மாதிரி சிலர் பண்ற சதியால மாட்டிக்கிறோம். இல்லாட்டி கேடு கேட்ட தமிழனால கண்டு பிடிக்க முடியுமா லாஸ் எஞ்ச்லேஸ்ல எந்த cd போட்டு கேட்டுகிட்டு இருக்கோம்னு?

JamesDap
23rd December 2013, 07:55 PM
Adiye is not a COPY of that song. That way, almost everything Ilayaraja has done is a copy of JS Bach or, failing that, Vivaldi. Composers can derive influence from Western music, nothing wrong with that. And secondly, that would be an extremely hypocritical argument to use against ARR when IR also infuses a lot of Western influences in his music. Do you think the Western aspect of IR's music just sprung out of thin air? It obviously has a precedent in the vast body of Western music over the centuries, be it classical music or rock music. The difference I would say is a song like Adiye is very generic, like a very typical blues/soul track whereas IR has evolved his signature chords and motifs. ARR differentiates himself from the rest of the crowd through a new sound while IR's approach is more 'classical' and his music is identified by distinct patterns in the chord or melodic progressions he uses. Both approaches are valid though the latter is probably more challenging to achieve.

dochu
23rd December 2013, 08:12 PM
ARR differentiates himself from the rest of the crowd through a new sound while IR's approach is more 'classical' and his music is identified by distinct patterns in the chord or melodic progressions he uses. Both approaches are valid though the latter is probably more challenging to achieve.

I hope I understood you correctly. You seemed to agree that IR's musical arrangements are much more complex and challenging.

It is quite obvious that the musical arrangements in that 1994 song is similar to Kadal song. If one argues that these are standard musical arrangements that comes with a keyboard or whatever package, then ARR is quite limited in creativity. Please type in ARR copycat in youtube - you will end up with tons of similarity in most of his songs.

JamesDap
23rd December 2013, 08:25 PM
There's nothing very unique about the arrangements of that 1994 song. Those are very typical blues arrangements. There is no need for them to be derived from a keyboard package, it is a blues tradition. If somebody uses a call and response in a Hindi song, would you point to a specific qawali track and claim it is copied from that or say it is BASED on qawali. Adiye is simply based heavily on blues, that's all. I can name any number of tracks with similar chord progressions. When I first heard Adiye, this was the song that came to my mind and it was originally recorded in 1975 (video is of a recent live performance), obviously much older than Talking Timbuktu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ4l54ZA120

Yes, I do consider IR's music more complex than ARR. That by itself does not make ARR a copycat or his approach invalid. All your exhibit demonstrates his music is based on some Western GENRE. The word copycat should be used with care. Would you also agree that Mouna Raagam theme is copied from Flash Dance? Obviously not, I presume. Any and every similarity does not amount to plagiarism.

Hulkster
23rd December 2013, 08:31 PM
Seriously the entire lot of you have lost your plot. Thalaivar has a health scare and you all are focusing on Rahman. We fans can do better than that for sure.

As for the "controversial" interview, it makes sense why thalaivar hates journalists so much. They twist and focus on the "masala" points so that they can get controversial replies from the people being asked. They have put Rahman into the same trap. The ones who are sniping at Rahman for his answers should know very well that these are the same journalists who made thalaivar respond like that in the past. Stop creating a idi stormu out of a tea cuppu.

Hulkster
23rd December 2013, 08:33 PM
Hopefully this chest pain is stress related and not genetic. He must be overworked doing many movies at this age. Have a speedy recovery and a extended rest, God of Music!

ajaybaskar
23rd December 2013, 08:41 PM
Wishing Raja a very speedy recovery.

svaisn
23rd December 2013, 09:17 PM
I think his health condition is stable now..

http://www.sify.com/movies/ilayaraja-suffers-an-attack-hospitalised-news-tamil-nmxsU5idfie.html

Neraya pada pannalaamum parvaale... just do 1 or 2 films a year and hope he takes care of his health... We need him to be around for many more years.........

rajsekar
23rd December 2013, 10:04 PM
Maestro was rushed to hospital from his studio while composing for a movie. At 70 years and 36 years after Annakili release, Maestro's output is as fresh as ever when we first heard the songs in 1977. Maestro's music will never become irrelevant. Very soon, he is going to compose his 1000th music album and we want him to accomplish that. Let's pray to give our Maestro all the courage and health to produce more wonders in the coming years.

At this moment of reflection the following interview by SPB is worth recalling - just listen to the intelligent questions posed by Sriram which was well prepared unlike this reporter from Kumudham magazine. Maestro's output has not changed in spite of all the digital techniques and computers which is so prevalent today. As I have mentioned before, in present time, a playback singer can croon in his own sound proof room and record a song. The music director can more or less complete the song with all orchestration and cues while flying 30,000 feet on his laptop computer. Another sound engineer would then clean up the track and release it. No wonder these so called croons are one-time YouTube hits and then gone like a wind never to be heard. Directors and Producers just need some listener numbers in social media and FM Radio stations to declare a song as "Hit". This is a big joke now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD1qFwu15OY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQxetf5SBpU

dochu
23rd December 2013, 10:39 PM
Seriously the entire lot of you have lost your plot. Thalaivar has a health scare and you all are focusing on Rahman. We fans can do better than that for sure.

Other than praying for him, there is nothing much ordinary people like us can do. Hence I thought, rather than post similar 'wish him health' posts, discussion moved on. I understand, wrong timing.

tvsankar
23rd December 2013, 11:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XZqux-pAsA

rajsekar
24th December 2013, 12:25 AM
Thanks tvsankar for giving the link. It's great to hear Maestro's voice. Karthick was saying that the doctors were suspecting some block in the heart. We don't know if he had a mild attack or chest pain. Yuvan and Karthick should conduct the concert on 29th. We want our Maestro back after he gets enough rest. I hope that he doesn't travel at this point.

baroque
24th December 2013, 01:49 AM
yeah... I just listened to him in the other Raja site.
Raja...:(

With loving thoughts and positive prayers.. for some of us is your sangeetham,
Idhayam oru koyil adhil udhayam oru paadal.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E9fhavtTEw

vinatha

Hulkster
24th December 2013, 08:18 AM
Other than praying for him, there is nothing much ordinary people like us can do. Hence I thought, rather than post similar 'wish him health' posts, discussion moved on. I understand, wrong timing.

Thanks buddy! :D . We can discuss about other stuff such as that of Oru Oorla where the songs are already out or his current concert activities etc. There are certainly news for us to talk about. Talking about Oru Oorla, has nobody come across it or missed it by any chance? It is weird for you guys to be so silent about a new album release.

apewenodurug
24th December 2013, 10:35 AM
I have been meaning to buy the album oru oorla in amazon.com or iTunes.com, however I keep running into the problem of finding the other movie by the same name released in 2007 (music JK selva)? NOt sure when our thalaivar's movie will release in these platforms.
I wish him a speedy recovery. Have been listening to many of his live shows and wishing that he gets well....

krish244
24th December 2013, 04:39 PM
IR returning to normalcy and is keen to keep his Malaysia concert schedule intact (just four days away). I hope he will take care of not putting too much stress on himself during the concert.

http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/news/ilayaraja-keen-on-his-malaysian-concert-190209.html

"...இளையராஜா இப்போதைக்கு ஓய்வெடுத்தால் நன்றாக இருக்கும் என மருத்துவர்கள் சொல்கிறார்கள். எனவே புத்தாண்டுக்குப் பிறகு கச்சேரியை நடத்தலாமா என விழா ஏற்பாட்டாளர்கள் கேட்க, 'சொன்னபடி நடத்தலாம் என்றுதான் தோன்றுகிறது. எனக்கு ஒன்றுமில்லை... சீக்கிரம் வந்துடறேன்,' என்றே இளையராஜா பதிலளித்துள்ளார்..."

thanks,

Krishnan

K
24th December 2013, 05:29 PM
http://cinema.dinakaran.com/cine-news-details.aspx?id=12074&id1=3

இளையராஜா மலேசிய பத்திரிக்கையாளர்களிடம் நேற்று செல்போன் மூலம் தொடர்பு கொண்டு என்னுடைய இசை நிகழ்ச்சி மலேசியாவில் திட்டமிட்டபடி வரும் 28-ம் தேதி நிச்சயமாக நடைபெறும் என பேட்டி அளித்துள்ளார். மேலும் மலேசிய ரசிகர்கள் யாரும் ஏமாற்றம் அடைய வேண்டாம் எனத் தெரிவித்துள்ளார். தீவிர சிகிச்சை பிரிவில் இருந்து சாதாரண வார்டுக்கு இன்று இளையராஜா மாற்றப்பட்டார். நாளை டிஸ்ஜார்ஜ் செய்யப்படலாம் எனத் தகவல்கள் தெரிவிக்கின்றனர். -

Russellmtp
25th December 2013, 12:30 PM
Raja sir is "is likely to be discharged tomorrow". However, it will be great if the organizers could postpone the concert. The fans will be disappointed but they will understand that Raja sir's health is more important. It is still a heart attack, even though it is a mild attack. So, he should get more rest.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/101463.html

thumburu
25th December 2013, 03:27 PM
I share the same thought as Thozhar in this. Even though IR is keen to perform, I wish the organizers postpone the show in the larger interest of Raja's complete recovery after a good amount of rest.

rooky
25th December 2013, 07:47 PM
GOD be with Him as always.
Organizers and Raja's Sons should make him take sufficient rest.

ajaybaskar
25th December 2013, 08:34 PM
Concerts can be conducted whenever the maestro finds time. Health is first and foremost important. He has been working all day long for 30 odd years and now age has had its say..He can reduce his films at least for a while.

dochu
25th December 2013, 09:27 PM
Concerts can be conducted whenever the maestro finds time. Health is first and foremost important. He has been working all day long for 30 odd years and now age has had its say..He can reduce his films at least for a while.

I pray for his health. Although I want him to take rest, I hope he continues to cross 1000 films. Have been seeing various numbers in the media (950 and above) not sure whether he crossed it or not. Like Gavaskar's record, his will stand for some time 'untouched'. I seriously doubt any of the current MD's to hit that high.

krish244
25th December 2013, 09:34 PM
This link says the show is canceled. Hope it is true.

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/celebrities/features/type/view/id/5948

thanks,

Krishnan

Russellmtp
26th December 2013, 04:03 AM
Looks like Raja is still in ICU although his condition is stable. We all pray that he fully recovers soon.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/101496.html

rsubras
26th December 2013, 04:40 PM

IR i believe has natural talent so composing music can be done even when he is taking rest.......... music has great healing power......... music in itself can heal him and provides a rapid recovery......

venkkiram
27th December 2013, 07:20 AM
ஒரு பேரருவி ஓய்வெடுத்துக் கொண்டிருக்கிறது.

Joannepx
27th December 2013, 08:24 AM
ஒரு பேரருவி ஓய்வெடுத்துக் கொண்டிருக்கிறது.

வெங்கிராம்

பேரருவிக்கு ஏது ஓய்வு.. அவர் ஒரு இசை அலை. அலைகள் ஓய்வதில்லை

rajaramsgi
29th December 2013, 04:11 PM
Concert last night..

http://cinema.dinamalar.com//tamil-news/16346/cinema/Kollywood/Rajas-Music-function-in-Malaysia.htm (http://cinema.dinamalar.com//tamil-news/16346/cinema/Kollywood/Rajas-Music-function-in-Malaysia.htm)

rajsekar
30th December 2013, 12:50 AM
This is a good news that Maestro could deliver his opening song via web. Worldwide Maestro's fans are happy that he was discharged within a week and taking rest at home. 2013 was a hectic year for Maestro for planning & organizing a record number of international concerts at New Jersey, San Jose, Toronto, London, Australia and now Malaysia. Organizing such concerts is a stressful job because it involves lot of logistics (funding, song selection, singers, music orchestra, ticket sales, transportation, etc.) and everything went well by God's grace. As you all know, Michael Jackson went through lot of pain and stress to do his last failed concert at O2 Arena in London. MJ's doctors advised him against doing such a grand concert after many years.

We wish Maestro all the very best for 2014 - I am expecting a National Award for Onnayum Aattukuttiyum and/or Thalaimuraigal. Both these films have been critically acclaimed as some of the best Tamil productions for 2013. Also during the London concert, Kamal promised to organize an international concert just to showcase the hit songs from his own production and other projects (more than 50 films) and conducted by Maestro himself. This would be an awesome show.

rajaramsgi
6th January 2014, 05:53 PM
Raja Sir is back home and resuming normal duties..

http://www.dinamalar.com/news_detail.asp?id=889254

Joannepx
8th January 2014, 09:36 AM
Emperor is back in action.. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syMSoQzfsKE

jeyabalamurugan
13th January 2014, 01:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe6ss61jNBU

Kaviperarasu Vairamuthu is very vocal about his relationship with Isaignani in the recent months. He is taking every opportunity to convey his true feelings to his friend. Hopefully Raja understands him sooner than later and reunite with him.

"vasanthangaL vAzhthum pozhudhu
unadhu kiLaiyil poovAvEn
ilaiyudhirkAlam muzhudhum
magizhndhu unakku vaErAvEn"

Hopefully isaiying Vasantha Kaalam will be back very soon.

venkkiram
13th January 2014, 02:31 AM
I don't think there are chances for a reunion. Though common people like you and me want them to join together, I see Raja is very stubborn on his stand. Guess Raja might have decided strongly not to reunite anytime in future. Raja's statement "enakku yaaroda koottaniyum thevaiyilla!" at recent Karur function was solid and answering us about the path he chosen for the rest of the career. So let us not have hope in that.

venkkiram
13th January 2014, 02:37 AM
More than the reunion with Vairamuthu.. let us wish Kamal + IR , Rajini + IR such combinations could happen if the actors decides.

krish244
13th January 2014, 11:51 PM
That reminds. Sometime recently, Rajini and IR visited Panchu Arunachalam (hope I am right) and agreed to do a movie together to help PA. I know it was just a word given at that point of time and we do not know when it may materialize.

Update on Balki's new movie. Looks like IR has already (after resuming work post his surgery) gone to Mumbai to compose for this movie.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tamil/music/Ilaiyaraaja-in-Mumbai-to-compose-for-Balkis-film/articleshow/28706330.cms

More than the reunion with Vairamuthu.. let us wish Kamal + IR , Rajini + IR such combinations could happen if the actors decides.

jeyabalamurugan
14th January 2014, 01:14 AM
Rajini and Kamal are closely associated with Kavingar in the recent times. Irrespective of the Music Directors, their combination has tasted commercial success again and again. With huge production cost involved in Rajini and Kamal movies, commerciality plays a bigger role in every technical department. IMHO, IR + VM reunion can bring back that commercial viability for the music department that Rajini, Kamal movies of this era demand.

krish244
15th January 2014, 07:10 PM
IR has been roped in for the remake of "Kaksparsh", a marathi movie, in Hindi and Tamil. I think, Mahesh manjrekar is directing it.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/marathi/movies/news-interviews/Mahesh-Manjrekar-to-remake-Kaksparsh-in-Hindi-and-Tamil-with-Arvind-Swamy-and-Tisca-Chopra/articleshow/28789072.cms

"...Illayaraja has been roped in for the project and the film will go on floors on January 16...the film is a love saga set in the 1930-1950s in Konkan. It revolves around the turbulence faced by a Brahmin family when their young widowed daughter-in-law falls in love with her older brother-in-law..."

thanks,

Krishnan

rajaramsgi
18th January 2014, 04:06 PM
பொங்கல் சிறப்பு நிகழ்ச்சியாக ஜெயா தொலைகாட்சியில் "கிங் ஆப் கிங்ஸ்" 2 பகுதிகளாக ஒளிபரப்பினார்கள். நிச்சயம் இந்த நிகழ்ச்சியை நீங்கள் பார்த்திருக்க கூடும். இல்லை என்றால், இதோ.....

மனோ அழகாக தொகுத்து வழங்கினார். மலேசிய நிகழ்ச்சிக்கு பிறகு, மருத்துவமனையிலிருந்து வந்த பின்னர் ராஜா கலந்து கொண்ட கூட்டு கலந்துரையாடலை பாடல்களின் இடையில் காட்டப்பட்டது. ராஜா சார் சற்று மெலிந்து காணப்பட்டார். உணவு முறையா அல்லது மருந்தின் தாக்கமா என்று தெரியவில்லை, தேகம் சற்று களைத்து கருத்திருந்தது. ஆனால் அவருடைய பேச்சில் அவ்வளவு துள்ளல், சந்தோஷம். இந்த முறை அவரை பிடிக்காதவர் கூட, ஆணவமாக பேசினார் என்று சொல்ல முடியாத அளவிற்கு எந்த தத்துவமும் பேசவில்லை. சிரித்த முகம், எல்லா கேள்விகளுக்கும் மிகவும் ஆர்வத்துடன் பதில் அளித்தார்.

எஸ்.பி.பி பற்றி கார்த்திக் ராஜா கேட்ட போது, தான் எஸ்.பி.பி. முதற்கொண்டு எந்த பாடகர்களையும் பாராட்டியது இல்லை என்றும், ஆனால் ஒரு முறை ஒரு தெலுங்கு பாடலை கஜல் போன்ற வடிவத்தில் இசை கோர்த்து, கேசட்டை எஸ்.பி.பி இடம் கொடுத்து இதே போல் பாடி விடு என்றாராம். அவரும் நேரம் எடுத்து பாடலை பழகி கொண்டு அப்படியே பாடி விட்டாராம். அந்த ஒரு முறை மட்டும், 'நல்லா பாடி இருக்கே' என்று அவரை ராஜா சார் வாழ்த்த, உன்னிடம் இந்த பாராட்டை வாங்க இத்தனை வருஷம் ஆகி இருக்கு என்று எஸ்.பி.பி சொன்னாராம்.

எஸ்.பி.பி யுடன் பல ஊர்களுக்கு கச்சேரி செய்ய சென்றதை நினைவு கூர்ந்தார். ஒவ்வொரு முறையும் கச்சேரிக்கு போகும் பொது பயணத்தை சிறப்பாக ஏற்பாடு செய்வார்களாம். திரும்பும் போது அம்போவென விட்டு விடுவார்களாம். ஒரு முறை விஜயவாடாவுக்கு கச்சேரிக்கு போய்விட்டு திரும்ப வழியில்லை. இரவு இரண்டு மணிக்கு சென்னை போக ஒரு ரயில் இருக்கிறது, உடனே கிளம்புங்கள் என்று சொல்ல, எல்லோரும் அடித்து பிடித்து ஒரு ரயிலில் ஏற, இவர்கள் ஏறிய அந்த பெட்டியில் இவர்களை தவிர வேறு யாருமே இல்லையாம். அசதியில் எல்லோரும் தூங்கிவிட, காலையில் கண் விழித்த பொது தான் தெரிந்ததாம் அந்த பெட்டி ஆடு மாடு ஏற்று பெட்டி என்று, நிறைய மிருகங்களுக்கு இடையில் இவர்கள் இருந்ததை சொல்லிவிட்டு, வாய் விட்டு சிரித்தார்.

எஸ்.பி.பி தனக்காக ராஜா சார் தலைமையில் ஒரு ஆர்கஸ்ட்ரா ஏற்பாடு செய்ய சொன்னாராம். அனுமந்த் ராவ் என்பவர் ஏற்கனவே எஸ்.பி.பி க்கு ஆர்கஸ்ட்ரா வைத்திருந்த காரணத்தால் மறுத்து விட்டதாகவும், அனுமந்த் ராவே வந்து தனக்கு வேறு வேலைகள் இருப்பதால், வருமானத்துக்கு பிரச்சனை இல்லை என்று சொன்ன பிறகு தான் ராஜா சார் ஆர்கஸ்ட்ரா ஏற்பாடு செய்தாராம்.

பால்கி, ராஜா சாரின் பாடல்களை 8ம் வகுப்பு படிக்கும் பொது தான், முதன் முதலில் தமிழ் படம் பார்க்க மும்பையில் அவருடைய தந்தையார் அழைத்து சென்ற போது கேட்டாராம். படத்தில் தான் லயிக்க வில்லை என்றும் பாடல் காட்சியில் பாடலை கேட்டு பரவசம் அடைந்ததாகவும் கூறும் போது ராஜா சாரின் முகத்தில் அப்படி ஒரு வெளிச்சம். பல படங்களின் பெயர்கள், பாடம் இடம் பெரும் சூழ்நிலைகள் எல்லாவற்றை மறக்க செய்து, பாடல்களை மட்டும் ஞாபகம் வைத்து கொள்ள வைத்து விட்டார் ராஜா சார் என்று பால்கி சொன்ன போது, அதற்க்கு தான் பொறுப்பில்லை என்று சிரித்து கொண்டே ராஜா சார் சொன்னார்.

பால்கி, பன்னீர் புஷ்பங்களின் ஆனந்த ராகம் பாடல் பற்றி கேட்ட போது, அது ஒரு பெரிய விஷயம் போல் ராஜா சார் பேசவில்லை. அன்று அந்த பாடல், அதை மறந்து விட்டு அடுத்த நாள் வேறொரு பாடல் என்றார். அனால் அதே பாடலை இப்பொழுது கேட்க்கும் போது பீத்தொவனும், ட்சைகொவச்கியும் அந்த பாடலில் பயணம் செய்து இருப்பது போல் இருக்கிறது என்று சொல்லி விட்டு, பியானோவில் அந்த பாடலில் உள்ள பல இசை அடுக்குகளில் ஒன்றை வாசித்து காட்டினார். (இசை பயில்வோர் இந்த ஒரு பகுதியை தேடி பிடித்து பார்க்க வேண்டும்). ராஜா சார் வாசித்ததும், அந்த நேரத்தில் வயலின் பிரபாகரும், நெப்போலியனும் ஆர்பரித்தை பார்க்க தவறியவர்கள் பாவிகள்.

ஆஷா போஸ்லே ராஜா சாரை சந்தித்து அவருடைய கைகளை தன்னுடைய தலையில் எடுத்து வைத்து கொண்டதை பற்றி கார்த்திக் ராஜா கேட்டார். பதிலுக்கு தானும் ஆஷாஜியின் கைகளை தன்னுடைய கைகளை எடுத்து வைத்து கொண்டதாக சொன்னார். மிகவும் வித்தியாசமான் குரல் அவருடையது என்றும், இந்தியாவில் வேறு எங்கும் அப்படி ஒரு குரல் இல்லை என்றும் கூறினார்.

ஆஷாஜி எங்க ஊரு காதலை பத்தி என்னா நினைக்குறே என்கிற பாடலை தான் தன்னுடன் பாடிய முதல் பாடல் என்றும், அந்த பாடல் பதிவு முடிந்த பின்னர், கங்கை அமரன் வந்து அவரை வைத்து தனக்கும் ஒரு பாடலை பதிவு செய்து தருமாறு கேட்ட பொது, அன்று மதியமே சென்பகமே சென்பகமே பாடலை பதிவு செய்தாராம். அந்த பாடலில் வரும் "எப்போ நீ என்ன தொட்டு பேச போறே முன்னாலே" என்கிற இடத்தில் வேறொரு டியூன் போட்டிருந்தாராம். அது ஆஷாவுக்கு சரியாக படவில்லை என்றும், அதனால் வேறொரு டியூனை போட்டாராம் ராஜா சார். ரொம்ப நல்லா இருக்கு என்று ஆஷா சொல்ல, இன்னொரு டியூனையும் கொடுக்க, அதுவும் நல்லா இருக்கு என்று ஆஷா சொல்ல, மேலும் மேலும் டியூன் போட, எல்லாமே ஆஹோ ஓஹோ என்று ஆஷா சொல்லி திணறி விட்டாராம். கடைசியில் இப்போது நாம் கேட்கும் அந்த வரிகளுக்கான இசையை ஆஷா தேர்வு செய்து பாடி இருக்கிறார். ஒரிஜினலாக போட்ட டியூனை பற்றி ராஜா சார் கேட்க ஞாபகம் இல்லை என்று ராஜா சார் சொல்லி விட்டு அந்த பாடலை பியானோவில் வாசித்தார்.

லதா மங்கேஷ்கரை பற்றி கார்த்திக் ராஜா கேட்ட போது, அவருடைய குரல் ஒரு ஹான்டிங் வாய்ஸ் என்றார். எங்கிருந்தோ அழைக்கும் பாடலுக்கு அந்த குரல் தேவை பட்ட பட்டதாம் பஞ்சு அருணாச்சலத்தின் கதைப்படி. ஆஷாஜிக்கும் , லதாஜிக்கும் இரண்டு எக்ஸ்ட்ரீம் குரல்கள் என்றார். கார்த்திக் ராஜா தன்னுடைய அம்மாவுக்கு லதாவின் குரல் என்றால் உயிர் என்றும், எங்கிருந்தோ அழைக்கும் பாடலை ரெகார்ட் செய்த பின்னர் அந்த பாடலை வீட்டில் தன் அம்மாவுக்கு அப்பா போட்டு காட்டியதாகவும், அந்த பாடலின் மூன்றாவது B G M 'ல் தன் அம்மா ஓ என்று அழுது விட்டதாகவும் கூறினார். அதை அமைதியாக கேட்டுவிட்டு ஆமோதிப்பது போல் சிரித்துவிட்டு பியானோவில் ராஜா சார் அந்த பாடலையும் வாசித்தார். ரெண்டு நாட்களுக்கும் முன்னர் தன்னை தொலைபேசியில் லதா மங்கேஷ்கர் அழைத்து நலம் விசாரித்ததாகவும் கூறினார்.

பூவே இளைய பூவே பாடலை பற்றி இயக்குனர் சுகா கேட்ட போது, அந்த பாடலுக்கு "மாமன் அடித்தாரோ மல்லிகை பூ செண்டாலே" என்கிற நாட்டு புற பாடல் தான் பேஸ் என்றார். அதை சுற்றி எப்படி அந்த பாடலை இசை அமைத்தார் என்றும் சொன்னார். இளம் இசை அமைப்பாளர்களுக்கு ராஜா சார் 15 நொடியில் எடுத்த மிக பெரிய லெக்ச்சர் இது.

மலேசியா வாசுதேவனை 16 வயதினிலே படத்தில் செவ்வந்தி பூ முடிக்க பாடலை, எஸ்.பி.பி. க்கு பதில் பாட வைத்ததை ஏன் என்றும் சொன்னார்.

நெப்போலியன் தன்னுடைய facebook இசை நண்பர்கள் ராஜா சார் 30 ஆண்டில் சாதித்ததை இன்னொருவர் சாதிக்க 200 ஆண்டுகள் ஆகும் என்று சொன்னதை குறிப்பிட்டார். அவரும், கிடார் சதாவும் ராஜா சாரின் நோட்ஸ் எழுதும் வேகத்தை பற்றி கேட்ட போது, ராஜா சார் தான் யோசித்து அதை எல்லாம் எழுதுவது இல்லை என்றும், யோசித்து எழுதும் நிலைமை வந்தால் தான் இசை அமைப்பதை நிறுத்தி விடுவேன் என்றார்.

ஆரம்ப காலத்தில் ஒரு பாடலின் முக்கிய பகுதிகளை மட்டும் தான் நோட்ஸ் எழுதுவாராம். இடையில் வரும் விஷயங்களையும், சத்தங்களையும், சங்கதிகளையும் தனது நினைவில் வைத்து on-the-spot'ல் மேருகேற்றுவாராம். (இந்த ராஜா சார் இனிமேல் கிடைப்பாரா?) இப்போதெல்லாம் எல்லாவற்றையும் எழுதி விடுவாராம்.

பாடகி அனிதா, நிலா காயுது பாடலில் வரும் ஜானகியின் முக்கல் முனகல் சத்தங்களை எப்படி சொல்லி கொடுத்தீர்கள்,யார் ஐடியா என்று கேட்டார். ராஜா சார், ஒரு பின்னணி பாடகர் பாட வரும் போது இதை நீங்களாக பாடி விடுங்கள் என்று சொல்வது இசை அமைப்பாளர் வேலை இல்லை என்றும், அந்த பாடலில் சப்தங்களை அதற்க்கு முன்னர் வந்த ஒரு படத்தில் (படத்தின் பெயரை சார் சொன்னார், நான் மறந்து விட்டேன்) தான் எக்ஸ்பெரிமேன்ட் செய்ததாகவும், ஆனால் இந்த படத்தில் தான் போபுலர் ஆகி விட்டது என்றும் சொன்னார். தான் நினைத்ததில் 90% ஜானகி இந்த பாட்டில் வெளிபடுத்தினாராம். பாடலை சொல்லி கொடுக்கும் பொது ஜானகியும் இவரும் மற்றவர்களும் விழுந்து விழுந்து சிரித்ததையும் நினைவு கூர்ந்தார். விடாமல் இப்படி தான் இந்த பாடல் வர வேண்டும் என்று தான் விரும்பியபடி அமைந்ததாம். அப்படி அடுத்தவர்களிடமிருந்து தான் வேண்டியதை சரியான படி கொண்டு வருவதே தன வேலை என்றார்.

மன்னன் படத்தில் வரும் அம்மா என்றழைகாத பாடலை, ஜனனி ஜனனி பாடல் போன்றே வேண்டும் என்று வாசு சொல்ல, அதன் படியே இசை அமைத்து குடுத்தாராம். ரென்று பாடலையும் ராகம் மாற்றி பாடி காண்பித்தார். ஆனால் ரஜினி தனக்கேற்றபடி துள்ளலாக அமையவில்லை என்று சொல்லி இரண்டு நாட்கள் செட்டுக்கு வந்தும் நடித்து கொடுக்காமல் சென்று விட்டாராம். உதவி இயக்குனர் ஒருவர் இந்த விஷயத்தை ராஜா சாரிடம் சொல்ல, ரஜினியை வரவழைத்து எல்லாம் சரியாக வரும், போய் நடித்து கொடுங்கள் என்று ராஜா சார் சொல்ல, நீங்க சொன்னா நான் செய்யறேன் சாமி என்று போய் நடித்து கொடுத்தாராம்.

மலேசியாவில் இந்த கச்சேரிக்கு 25000 ரசிகர்கள் வந்ததாக மனோ உட்பட எல்லோரும் சொன்னார்கள். அவ்வளவு அடக்கம் அமைதியாம். ராஜா சார் திரையில் லைவ் ஆக கச்சேரியில் தோன்றிய போது ஆடியன்ஸ், தான் உட்பட மேடயில் இருந்தவர்கள் எல்லோரும் அழுததை காத்திக் ராஜா சொன்ன பொது ராஜா சார் உருகியதை பார்க்க முடிந்தது.

மலசிய கச்சேரிக்கு பாடல் தேர்வு செய்த கார்த்திக் ராஜா, வெங்கட் பிரபு ஆகியோர் நம்மில் ஒருவர் போன்ற ராஜா சாரின் தேர்ந்த ரசிகர்கள். அவ்வளவு அருமை. அந்த பாடல்கள் எவை என நான் சஸ்பென்ஸ் வைக்கிறேன்.. வெயிட் பண்ணவும், யாராவது இந்த நிகழ்ச்சியை சீக்கிரம் இணையதளத்தில் ஏற்றி விடுவார்கள், நீங்களே பார்த்து பரவசமாகலாம். ஜெயா டிவி ஒளிபரப்பில் சப்தங்கள் நிஜமாகவே நன்றாக இருந்தது.

குறை இல்லாமலா? வழக்கம் போல் யுவன் சொதப்பினான். தென்றல் வந்து தீண்டும்போது பாடலை டெம்போவை கூட்டி பாடி விட்டான். நிலா அது வானத்து மேலே பாடலை குதறி, காதல் கசக்குதையா பாடலை கொலை செய்து.. போகட்டும் விடுங்கள்.

எஸ்.பி.பி என்ன சத்தம் இந்த நேரம் பாடலை கொஞ்சம் டெம்போ குறைத்து பாடினார். வாசுதேவன் மகன் பொதுவாக என் மனசு தங்கம் பாடலை ஆடியபடி பாடி..... ராஜா சார் இருந்திருந்தால் ஒரு பூசை விழுந்திருக்கும். ஒரு ஆச்சர்யம், பவதாரிணி நன்றாக பாடினார்.

மொத்தத்தில் ஒரு திருப்தியான நிகழ்ச்சி. இந்த கான்செப்ட்டை வேறு நாடுகளுக்கும் கார்த்திக் ராஜா, வெங்கட் பிரபு எடுத்து செல்ல வேண்டும்.

JamesDap
19th January 2014, 02:55 PM
Very well described sir. However I am not sure about the hope you expressed that even his worst detractors would find little to nitpick in his comments this time. I would not be surprised if they latched on to the explanations he gave for how he used to coach the singers..."paaru, avan yaarukum credit tharamatan". If people read what they want to read, they cannot be stopped. Anyhow, the concert was, ermmm, an excellent exhibit as to the importance of the control and discipline exercised by Ilayaraja on the performers. As somebody else put it beautifully, like a classroom without the teacher. I hope people will take this concert, the disastrous time keeping on Enna Satham in particular, into account before making one sided judgments on Ilayaraja's viewpoints on this aspect.

venkkiram
19th January 2014, 08:52 PM
Very well described sir. +100. அவரது பதிவு இந்த நிகழ்ச்சிக்கான காணொளிகளை சீக்கிரமே பார்த்த்துவிடனும் என்ற ஆசையை பல மடங்கு அதிகரிக்க வைத்திருக்கிறது.

K
21st January 2014, 12:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls_mAf5bGV8&feature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfhCmW_WwtA&feature=youtu.be

krish244
21st January 2014, 04:31 PM
IR's photo exhibition. He is planning to organize the photo exhibits in other cities and countries as well:

http://www.newstrackindia.com/newsdetails/2014/01/21/204--Not-enough-depth-in-digital-pictures-Ilayaraja-.html

"..."There are plans to do it in other cities of Tamil Nadu such as Coimbatore. I also plan to organise one abroad for my fans in Dubai, Singapore and London. These are just ideas we are working on," he added...."

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
21st January 2014, 06:56 PM
Youtube links for IR photo exhibits. From whatever glimpses is shown...some nice pictures.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnx_pPSiN8E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16uByFCX-Vo

thanks,

Krishnan

rajaramsgi
22nd January 2014, 05:36 PM
Thank you K for sharing the concert videos. I would vote for the following songs- singers and orchestra were at their best..

Close your eyes and listen only to the audio for the following songs.. (convert the youtube tracks to mp3 for your smartphone listening pleasure using listentoyoutube.com)

BEST:
1. Germaniyin Senthen malare (SPB and Bavatharini - simply awesome)
2. Anandha Ragam (Uma Ramanan - i don't see any sign of her age in the voice - best)
3. Agaya Gangai (SPB and Shaila - classic)
4. Vetti Veru Vasam (Aalap Raju - Pop Shalini , Raja sir should consider using this pair, such a humble voice for both of them)
GOOD:
6. Poove ilaya poove (Krish)
7. Nilaya Kaayudhu (Haricharn and Anitha, haricharn should have avoided singing like MV though - still good)
8. Pani vizhum Iravu (Krish , though it can be forgiven, he should have avoided shouting 'come on give me some noise' and the loose talk with Mano)
9. Chinna Poo Chinna Poo (Bavatharini - not bad)
10. Katta Vandi Katta Vandi (nice work Kay, KK alias Sathiyan)
11. Metti Oli - (Raja Sir's 2 alla kaigal Vasu and Senthil along with Anitha did a nice job, i used to wonder what these 2 do with Raja sir always.. they paid back on this)

I will not fogive Mano for messing up the Thenampettai super market irangu/Nalla sonnel Pongo.

Chithra's cold: there is a beauty on it too :-) I am not a big fan of Rita and NSK Ramya - no comments on their pieces.

Of all the concerts Raja Sir hosted since 2005, this is the first time I am listening to 'Sorgame endralum' without messing it, Hence I tolerating the NOT SO great rendition of Venkat Prabhu of this song.

krish244
23rd January 2014, 10:06 AM
IR and Bala may work together again for a new movie starring Sasikumar. GVP pulled out.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/102514.html

thanks,

Krishnan

venkkiram
23rd January 2014, 10:16 AM
IR and Bala may work together again for a new movie starring Sasikumar. GVP pulled out.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/102514.html

thanks,

Krishnan

இனிப்பான செய்தி. சேது, பிதாமகன், நான் கடவுள் வரிசையில் ராஜா இசையில் மிகச் சிறப்பான ஆக்கமாக இருக்கும் என்பதில் சந்தேகமேயில்லை. அதுவும் கரகாட்டம் போன்ற நாட்டாரது இசைப் பாடல் வடிவம் என்பது அவரது கோட்டை. பலவிதமான தாளக் கோர்வைகளுடன் சும்மா தெறிக்கும். ஆவலோடு எதிர்நோக்குகிறேன்.

Russellyhd
23rd January 2014, 12:07 PM
http://tamil.webdunia.com/entertainment/film/interview/1401/22/1140122008_1.htm

போட்டோகிராஃபிங்கிறது பெரிய ஆர்ட் - இளையராஜா பேட்டி

rajaramsgi
23rd January 2014, 04:07 PM
http://tamil.webdunia.com/entertainment/film/interview/1401/22/1140122008_1.htm

போட்டோகிராஃபிங்கிறது பெரிய ஆர்ட் - இளையராஜா பேட்டி

செய்வன திருந்த செய்.. ராஜா சார் தெரிந்ததை செய்தால் மட்டும் போதாதா? தன்னை ஒரு கவிஞர் என்றும், பேச்சாளர் எண்டும், புத்தக ஆசிரியர் என்றும்...... இப்போது போடோக்ராபி வேறயா? உங்களுக்கு காமெராக்கள் மீது ஆர்வம் அதிகம் தான்.. கிடைக்கும் போதெல்லாம் போட்டோக்களை சுட்டு தள்ளுவீர்கள் என்றும் தெரியும், அதற்காக இவ்வளவு தூரம் எக்ஷிபிசன் எல்லாம் ரொம்ப ஜாஸ்தி...என்று சிலருக்கு சொல்ல தோன்றினாலும்......

இத்தனை வயதிலும், பொழுது போகவில்லை என்று சும்மா இருக்காமல் எதையாவது செய்து கொண்டிருக்கிறீர்களே.. வாழ்த்துகள். கமல் பாலுமகேந்திரா ஆகியோர் வந்து வாழ்த்தும் அளவிற்கு -- அது நிச்சயம் நன்றாக தான் இருக்க வேண்டும். .

(யப்பா...ரெண்டு பக்கமும் பேசியாச்சு.யாரும் குறை சொல்ல முடியாது)

jeyabalamurugan
24th January 2014, 05:56 AM
I watched Part 1 of King of Kings concert yesterday. Overall a decent concert with great selection of songs. Orchestra was at their best with this generation Singers taking the center stage. Orchestra was at their high in Chinna Poo Chinna Poo, what an orchestration, still so fresh. Kudos to Raja. Somehow disappointed with SPB. I attended San Jose concert and SPB was a treat to watch live. I saw people in tears when he sang Ilamai enum poongatru. I missed that kind of performance from him in this concert. I'm yet to watch part 2, may be he bounced back in the later half. Unfortunately Chitra was also not upto the mark, may be due to cold. Yuvan, Bava should certainly stop singing, atleast live. Ilayaraja being a perfectionist should restrain them from stage singing. Mano was tremendous with Oh Priya Priya, much better compared to his outing in North American tour. Liked Krish and Alap Raj. But the surprise package is Pop Shalini, she sang exceptionally well. I even liked Ramya's version of netru intha neram. She really fighted it out with the orchestra. Loved the guy in the Drums. Excited to see Sada and Arummozhi, the masters at work.Vasu, Senthil and Sathyan were impressive in Metti Oli and Katta vandi.

It was amazing to hear the story behind every song, from the Mastero himself. The story about Super star was really enjoyable. This is what makes Raja an outstanding composer. He just don't compose music to satisfy his fans, but also the Actor's fans. Believe it or not, Rajini really became a houshold name after "Amma endrazhaikatha" song. No one can deny the fact that Raja had a great part in making careers of Rajini, Kamal and other actors of that era. But, he should have avoided quoting SPB's drinking trouble as a reason for introducing Malaysia Vasudevan. SPB is a legendary singer and a good human being, equally respected by fans and these kind of comments won't go down well with his fans. Hopefully it won't cause any rift in their friendship.

Eager to watch part 2 tonight.

sudhakarg
24th January 2014, 10:10 PM
Yuvan, Bava should certainly stop singing, atleast live. Ilayaraja being a perfectionist should restrain them from stage singing.

Completely agree. As a die-hard IR fan, it pains to say that IR's children were the only ones slack in their singing in this wonderful concert. What a tragedy!

JamesDap
24th January 2014, 10:29 PM
Bhava and Yuvan did as Bhuvan and Yuvan do but why give SPB sir an easy pass either? Enna Satham was totally off the beat, percussionist must have had hell trying to cover up. I think mostly all of them let their guard down without the maestro to watch over them. Thankfully at least a few like Uma Ramanan and Vasu/Senthil/Anitha on Metti Oli gave due respect to the compositions and did ample justice to them.

uzfuvebano
25th January 2014, 10:03 AM
hi guys,
I have completed shoot of my first short film. It is low budget, set in Bangalore. The first cut of the edit lasts 19 minutes, and I may trim it down to 16 to 18 minutes. Being a die-hard raja rasigan, I would like to use bits (5 to 10 second interludes from different songs based on the situation) of his songs in the movie. I need advice on who in Bangalore can help me with this. I want to use a sound/music professional for the dubbing and background score, but he/she should be willing to use or reproduce some of the interludes I need. Any ideas?

BTW I had to mention raja in the movie :) there is one scene where the hero turns on the car radio and the kannada song jotheyali is playing.
hero asks heroine if she listens much to Raja and she replies in the negative. he then says " this may sound silly.. but sometimes I wonder how people manage to fall in love without having listened to ilayaraja songs.. " :)

I will not post about this again in this thread since it is technically off-topic, but I am a huge IR fan and would love to get feedback on my movie from other IR fans. I managed to complete the film and released it on youtube jan 1st 2014. please follow up in the thread I opened under miscellaneous topics. link below.

http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?10705-My-first-short-film

Thanks!

rajaramsgi
27th January 2014, 07:35 PM
Raja Sir and Bala working together again on Bala's next movie as per Ilayaraja Face book group. Hope the news is true, ராஜா சார் இல்லாம பாலா ரொம்ப காஞ்சு போய்ட்டாபல...

Another one; http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tamil/movies/news-interviews/Bala-wants-to-steal-Ilaiyaraajas-photos/articleshow/29444902.cms

rajaramsgi
30th January 2014, 03:34 PM
இந்த வார ஆனந்த விகடனில் ..... முழுவதும் படிங்க.. வைரமுத்துக்கு வாயெல்லாம் பல். நல்லது நடந்தால் இனிக்கத்தானே செய்யும்.

புது ஒலி... முது மொழி!
இது புது டூயட்
ம.கா.செந்தில்குமார், படங்கள்: கே.ராஜசேகரன்

'யுவனுக்கு நினைவிருக்க வாய்ப்பு இல்லை. இளையராஜா, ஒரு புது கார் வாங்கியிருந்தார். அதில் முதல் சவாரி சென்றோம். முன் இருக்கையில் நான். என் மடியில் யுவன். பின் இருக்கையில் இளையராஜாவும் அவரது துணைவியார் ஜீவாவும். அப்போது யுவன் மிகவும் சிறுவன். ஆனால், அதிக கனம். இவரின் கனத்தைத் தாங்க முடியாத நான், 'உங்க பையனை நீங்களே வெச்சுக்குங்க’ என்பது போல யுவனை அப்படியே அள்ளி, பின் இருக்கையில் இருந்த ராஜாவிடம் தந்தேன். அன்று தந்த யுவனை இன்று திரும்பப் பெற்றுக்கொண்டேன்!'' - வைரமுத்து சொல்வதைக் கேட்டு அதிர்ந்து சிரிக்கிறார்கள் யுவன் ஷங்கர் ராஜாவும் சீனுராமசாமியும். 'இடம் பொருள் ஏவல்’ படத்தின் ஆச்சரியக் கூட்டணி அது!
'பத்மபூஷண்’ பட்டம், வைரமுத்துவை அலங்கரித்த தினம் அது. மலர் மாலைகள், பூச்செண்டுகள், வாழ்த்து மழைக்கு நடுவே, பேட்டிக்கு அமர்ந்தார் வைரமுத்து.
இளையராஜா இசையில் வைரமுத்து பாட்டு எழுதி, 28 ஆண்டுகள் ஆகின்றன. இத்தனை நீண்ட இடைவெளிக்குப் பிறகு, இளையராஜாவின் மகன் யுவனுடன் இப்போது கை கோக்கிறார் வைரமுத்து. 'இடம் பொருள் ஏவல்’ படத்தின் இயக்குநர் சீனுராமசாமிக்கு இந்தக் கூட்டணியைச் சாத்தியப்படுத்தியதில் பெரும் பங்கு!
''இந்த இணைவுக்குக் கனவு கண்டவர் பலர். பலிக்கவைத்தவர் சீனுராமசாமி. அதற்குத் துணை நின்றவர் லிங்குசாமி!'' என்று பேசத் தொடங்கினார் வைரமுத்து.
''சிறுவயதில் இருந்தே யுவனையும் சமீப காலமாக அவருடைய பாடல்களும் எனக்குப் பிடிக்கும். பழைய நினைவு ஒன்றைச் சொல்கிறேன்.

http://cdnw.vikatan.com/av/2014/02/zmqmfj/images/p90.jpg
அப்போது இளையராஜா உஸ்மான் ரோடு வீட்டில் குடியிருந்தார். அந்த வீடு 'சிவகங்கைச் சீமை’ காலத்தில், கண்ணதாசன் அலுவலகம். அவரை முதலில் நான் சந்தித்த வீடும் அதுதான். அந்த வீட்டில் இந்தப் பையன் தவழ்ந்து விளையாடியபோது ஒருமுறை இளையராஜா சொன்னது இன்றும் என் நினைவில் உள்ளது. 'நான் 40 வயதில் அடைந்த புகழை, இந்தப் பையன் 20 வயதில் எட்டுவான்’ என்றார். 'பொன்குஞ்சாக நினைத்துப் பேசுகிறார்’ என நினைத்தேன். ஆனால், அவரது கணிப்பு பின்னர் பலித்ததில், எனக்கு ஆச்சரியம்!
ராஜா குடும்பத்தில் என் மீது அதீத அன்பு காட்டியவர் அவரது துணைவியார், என் பாசத்துக்குரிய சகோதரி ஜீவா. அந்தச் சகோதரி கையால் பலமுறை உணவு அருந்தியவன் நான். அவர் என்னிடம் ஒருமுறை கேட்டார், 'அவரோடதானே உங்களுக்கு முரண்பாடு. என் மகனுக்குப் பாட்டு எழுத என்ன தயக்கம்?’ என்று. அப்போது, 'இருக்கட்டும்மா... ஒரு காலம் வரும்’ என்றேன். ஆனால், அந்தக் காலம் வரும்போது அதைப் பார்த்து மகிழ, சகோதரி இல்லாமல் போய்விட்டார்.
சில ஆண்டுகளுக்கு முன், 'எனக்குப் பாட்டு எழுத முடியாதா அங்கிள்?’ என்று யுவன் கேட்டார். எனக்கும் ஆசைதான். யுவனின் புதுப்புது ஒலியோடு என் முது மொழி சேர்ந்தால், புது இசை வருமே என்ற ஆவல். ஆனாலும்கூட அந்த இணைப்பினால் அவருக்குப் பாதிப்பு வந்துவிடக் கூடாது என நினைத்து, 'தம்பி... வளர்ந்துட்டு வர்றீங்க. உங்களுக்கு ஒரு சின்ன இடையூறும் வந்துவிடக் கூடாது’ என்று அந்தச் சந்தர்ப்பத்தைத் தட்டிக் கழித்தேன். ஆனால், இன்று யுவன், அசைக்க முடியாத உயரத்துக்குச் சென்றுவிட்டார். இப்போது நேரம் கனிந்ததாக நினைத்தேன். 'இடம் பொருள் ஏவல்’ மூன்றும் கூடிவந்தது போலவே மூவரும் கூடிவிட்டோம்!'' என்று சீனுராமசாமியையும் யுவனையும் இறுக்கி அணைத்துக்கொள்கிறார் வைரமுத்து.
http://cdnw.vikatan.com/av/2014/02/zmqmfj/images/p90b.jpgசின்னச் சின்ன வார்த்தைகளாகப் பேசினார் யுவன். '' 'பூவெல்லாம் கேட்டுப்பார்’ படத்துக்குப் பாட்டு எழுத சார்கிட்ட கேட்டேன். அப்ப வொர்க்-அவுட் ஆகலை. இப்போ செய்தி கேள்விப்பட்டு, 'யுவன் எதுவும் பிரச்னை ஆகிடாதே’னு எனக்கு நெருக்கமானவங்களே விசாரிக்கிறாங்க. சினிமா, பெர்சனல் ரெண்டையும் நான் தனித்தனியா வெச்சுக்கிறது இல்லை. எல்லாமே எனக்கு ஒண்ணுதான். என் அம்மாகிட்ட இருந்து நான் கத்துக்கிட்டது அன்பு செலுத்துறது மட்டும்தான். வாழ்க்கை, இசை... எதையும் அன்பால் வெளிப்படுத்தினால் எந்தப் பிரச்னையும் இருக்காது. அதைத்தான் நான் இப்போ கடைப்பிடிக்கிறேன்!'' என்கிறார் ஜென் துறவி போல!
''கொடைக்கானல் மலைதான் கதைக்களம். பாடல் முழுக்கவே மண் சார்ந்த விஷயங்கள் நிறைய இருக்கும். கதையையும் சூழலையும் சொன்னதுமே அந்த மனநிலையிலேயே யுவன் முதல் பாடலுக்கு டியூன் அமைத்துவிட்டார். அதை கவிஞரிடம் எடுத்து வந்தேன். ஒரு முறைக்கு இருமுறை கேட்டவர், 'டியூனிலேயே குளிர் அடிக்குதய்யா’ என்றார். அழுத்தமான கதைகொண்ட ஒரு சினிமாவுக்கு அனுபவம் வாய்ந்த கவிஞர், இன்றைய இளைஞர்களின் இசைஞர்... இருவரும் சேரும்போது அர்த்தமுள்ள பாடல்கள் வரும். அப்படி ஒரு ரசனைக் கூட்டணி அமைந்ததில் மகிழ்ச்சி!'' என்கிறார் சீனுராமசாமி.
''இளையராஜா இசையில் வைரமுத்து எழுதிய பாடல்களில் உங்களுக்குப் பிடித்த பாடல்?'' - இந்தக் கேள்வி யுவனுக்கு!
''எக்கச்சக்கம். சிம்பிளா... எல்லாப் பாடல்களும்!'' - யோசிக்கவே இல்லை யுவன்.
கேட்பதற்கு முன்னரே பதில் தாவி வருகிறது கவிப்பேரரசிடம் இருந்து... ''யுவன் இசையில், 'நந்தா’ படத்தின் 'முன்பனியா... முதல் மழையா...’, 'தங்கமீன்கள்’ படத்தின் 'ஆனந்த யாழை மீட்டுகிறாய்...’ ஆகிய இரண்டு பாடல்களும் எனக்கு மிகவும் பிடித்தவை. கிறங்கவைத்த இசை. இரண்டிலும் இளமையோடுகூடிய முதிர்ச்சி, நரைக்காத இளமை... அற்புதமான கலவையாக சுதி சேர்ந்திருக்கும்!''
''இசை, பாடல் வரிகளுக்கு வழிவிட வேண்டும் என்பதில் உறுதியாக இருப்பார் வைரமுத்து. உங்கள் இசையில் மெலடி மட்டுமே பெரும்பாலும் அந்த ரகம். ஆக, உங்கள் கூட்டணியில்... 'மெட்டுக்குப் பாட்டா... பாட்டுக்கு மெட்டா’..?'' - இந்தக் கேள்விக்கு முதல் பதில் யுவனிடம் இருந்து.
'' 'மங்காத்தா’, 'பிரியாணி’யில் ஃபாஸ்ட் பீட்லயும் வரிகள் தெளிவாக் கேக்குமே! நான் எப்பவும் வார்த்தைகளுக்கு முக்கியத்துவம் கொடுப்பேன். அதனால எந்தச் சிக்கலும் இருக்காது!'' தொடர்கிறார் வைரமுத்து.
''யுவனின் மனம் அறிந்து இந்த விஷயத்தைச் சொல்கிறேன். ஒரு படத்தில் மனதின் குரல், சமூகத்தின் குரல் என இரண்டு வகையான பாடல்கள் உள்ளன. மனதின் குரலில் வரிகள் கேட்க வேண்டுமே என கவிஞர்கள் தவிப்போம். சமூகக் குரல் என்பது கூட்டுக் குரல். அது கொண்டாட்டக் குரல். வாத்தியங்களின் ஊழிக்கூத்து. அதில் வாத்தியங்களுக்கே முதல் இடம்.
http://cdnw.vikatan.com/av/2014/02/zmqmfj/images/p90a.jpgஒரு படத்தின் வசனத்தில் ஒரு வார்த்தைகூட கேட்காமல் இருக்குமா? வசனத்தின் மீது வாத்தியங்கள் ஒலிக்குமா? அப்படி இருக்கையில் பாட்டு, அதைவிட உயர்ந்த மொழி அல்லவா? ஆகவே, அதற்கு வழிவிடுங்கள் என்றுதான் நான் எப்போதும் கேட்பேன். இது என் சின்ன வேண்டுகோள். அதற்காக வாத்தியமே வேண்டாம் என்று சொல்லவில்லை. வாத்தியம் இல்லை என்றால் பாட்டும் இல்லை. எங்கள் தமிழ் மட்டும்தான் கேட்க வேண்டும் என்றால், நாங்கள் புத்தகம்தான் போட்டுக்கொண்டு இருக்க வேண்டும்!
நான் எப்போதும், 'எழுதிக்கொடுத்து இசையமைப்பதற்கு இந்தப் படத்தில் இடம் இருக்கிறதா?’ என்று கேட்பேன். இல்லை என்றால் 'மெட்டு கொடுங்கள்’ என கேட்டு வாங்கி எழுதிக் கொடுத்துவிடுவேன். எழுதிய பாட்டுக்கு மெட்டு போடப்பட்டால், பாடலில் வடிவம் கவிஞர்களால் தீர்மானிக்கப்படும். ஆனால், பாடல் என்றாலே இசைதானே. இசைக்கு மொழி, உடலில் சட்டை போல் இருக்கக் கூடாது. இசையும் மொழியும் உடலின் உறுப்பாக ரத்தமும் சதையுமாக இருக்க வேண்டும். குத்துப்பாட்டு என்பதுகூட கூத்துப்பாட்டு என்பதில் இருந்து மருவி வந்த சொல்லே தவிர வேறல்ல. இயல், இசை வரிசையில், 'கூத்து’ மூன்றாம் தமிழ். ஆனால், அதை, தமிழன் 'குத்து’ என நான்காம் தமிழாக மாற்றிவிட்டான்!'' என்று சிரிக்கிறார் வைரமுத்து, இருவரையும் அணைத்தபடி!

sivasub
2nd February 2014, 08:59 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp5zFWp8soY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Raja with Bala...

JamesDap
2nd February 2014, 11:56 AM
Great news. So either more teasers or the music launch itself will be in March?

venkkiram
2nd February 2014, 12:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp5zFWp8soY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Raja with Bala...

சூப்பர் சிங்கர் புகழ் சத்யபிரகாஷ் பாடுகிறார். ராஜாவின் பார்வை பட்டுவிட்டதல்லவா! இனி செதுக்கப்பட்டுவிடுவார். இவ்வாறே அல்காவும் ராஜாவின் பார்வையில் அகப்பட்டுவிடனும். ஆண்களில் இனி யார் ராஜாவின் மனோவோ! தொடர்ந்து அவரின் மனசில் இடம்பிடிக்க.. எனிவே, பரதேசியிலேயே ராஜாவின் வெற்றிடம் பளிச்செனத் தெரிந்தது. பாலா ராஜாவோடு கைகோர்த்ததில் மகிழ்ச்சி. ரொம்ப நாளைக்கு அப்புறம் நாட்டார் இசைக்கருவிகள். கிழித்து தொங்கவிடப் போகிறார். விருமாண்டி, காசி படப் பாடல்கள் போல பட்டி தொட்டியெல்லாம் பரவட்டும்.

SVN
2nd February 2014, 11:07 PM
Bala's new film is apparently based on folk dance and music, with 'Karagaattam' as the central theme and stars actor-director Sasikumar in the lead. We just hope it remains a musical and that the hero doesn't end up being the typical Bala-brand psycho character, who kills the villain violently, using the karagam pot and anklets :)

venkkiram
2nd February 2014, 11:45 PM
Let us not worry about how the movie travels. Its Bala - RAJA collaboration matters. Even if Bala consumes only half of the songs, it does not matter. People who are longing for a full packed folk album from Raja will have this opportunity. Its a treasure for all music lovers.

rajsekar
3rd February 2014, 12:53 AM
Nice comment bro SVN!!! I couldn't contain my laughter after reading your comment. Don't be surprised if the movie's ending turns out like your prediction. Typically, Bala doesn't make a musical film, although he knows how to get the best tune and background score from Maestro. His last film miserably failed on both counts with Prakash Kumar. Maestro has thinned down after the heart problem, but his dedication and focus still continues to be the same. We hope that he takes care of his health.

rajaramsgi
3rd February 2014, 01:57 AM
பரதேசிக்கு ராஜா சாரை பாலா பயன்படுத்தாதற்கு பல காரணங்கள் இருக்கலாம். அந்த படம் உண்மையிலேயே நல்ல படம். பாலாவுக்கு மட்டும் இல்லை, அந்த படத்தில் ஈடுப்பட்ட அனைவருக்கும் நல்ல பெயர். இது போன்ற படத்துக்கு ராஜா சாரை பாலா பயன்படுத்தவில்லையே என்று எனக்குள் இருந்த வருத்ததையெல்லாம் 1 நிமிடத்தில் போக வைத்து விட்டார் பாலா...

கடந்த சில வருடங்களாக நிறைய டுபுக்கு படங்களுக்கு இசை அமைத்து சோர்வாக இருக்கும் ராஜா சாரை பாலா உற்சாக படுத்தட்டும்.

venkkiram
3rd February 2014, 04:46 AM
பரதேசிக்கு ராஜா சாரை பாலா பயன்படுத்தாதற்கு பல காரணங்கள் இருக்கலாம். அந்த படம் உண்மையிலேயே நல்ல படம். பாலாவுக்கு மட்டும் இல்லை, அந்த படத்தில் ஈடுப்பட்ட அனைவருக்கும் நல்ல பெயர். இது போன்ற படத்துக்கு ராஜா சாரை பாலா பயன்படுத்தவில்லையே என்று எனக்குள் இருந்த வருத்ததையெல்லாம் 1 நிமிடத்தில் போக வைத்து விட்டார் பாலா...

கடந்த சில வருடங்களாக நிறைய டுபுக்கு படங்களுக்கு இசை அமைத்து சோர்வாக இருக்கும் ராஜா சாரை பாலா உற்சாக படுத்தட்டும்.

அப்படி சொல்ல முடியல.. படம் வெளிவந்தபிறகு ஓரிரண்டு ஆண்டுகள் கழித்து வரப்போகும் காலகட்டத்த்தில் அதே படத்தை பார்க்கவைக்கும் காரணிகளுள் முக்கியமான ஒன்று ராஜாவின் இசை. ராஜாவின் பாடலை வைத்தே படத்தின் கதை ஓட்டத்திற்கு எளிதில் கலந்து விடலாம். சேது, பிதாமகன், நான் கடவுள் படத்த்தின் பாடல்கள் இன்னும் ஞாபகத்தில் இருப்பதுபோல, அவன் இவன் படத்தின் பாடல்களோ, பரதேசி பாடல்களோ எனக்கு சுத்தமாக நினைவில்லை. அதுவும் குறிப்பாக பரதேசியில் ராஜா பணிபுரிந்திருந்தால் காவியப் படமாக மாறியிருக்கும். ராஜாவின் பின்னணி இசை ஒரு தேர்ந்த அனஸ்திசியா போல. கொடுத்து ஓரிரு நிமிடங்களில் படத்தின் மைய நீரோட்டத்தில் கலக்கும் நாம், புத்தி சுவாதினம் இருக்கும் வரையில் அந்த மயக்கத்திலிருந்து வெளிவருவதில்லை. சில பல இசையமைப்பாளர்கள் என்னென்னமோ முயன்று பார்ப்பார்கள். அவர்கள் ஓரளவிற்கு பின்னணியில் தேர்ச்சி பெறுவதற்குள் படம் முடிவுக்கு வந்துவிடும். பரதேசியைப் பொருத்தவரை அது ஜிவிபியின் ஆகச் சிறந்ததாக இருக்கலாம். ஆனால் அப்படம் ராஜாவின் இசையால் முழுமை படுத்தப் பட்டிருக்கும்.

Russellyhd
3rd February 2014, 07:50 AM
. சில பல இசையமைப்பாளர்கள் என்னென்னமோ முயன்று பார்ப்பார்கள். அவர்கள் ஓரளவிற்கு பின்னணியில் தேர்ச்சி பெறுவதற்குள் படம் முடிவுக்கு வந்துவிடும். பரதேசியைப் பொருத்தவரை அது ஜிவிபியின் ஆகச் சிறந்ததாக இருக்கலாம். ஆனால் அப்படம் ராஜாவின் இசையால் முழுமை படுத்தப் பட்டிருக்கும்.

very true :bow:

krish244
3rd February 2014, 06:35 PM
...We hope that he takes care of his health.

Yes, really hope so. He has finished recording 12 songs in 6 days for Bala's new movie, which is not exactly new for IR, but in this case, it seems he had lengthy sessions, starting from 7am upto 1am.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tamil/music/Ilaiyaraaja-records-12-songsin-six-days-for-Balas-film/articleshow/29776133.cms

"...Apparently, the recording sessions were lengthy affairs, going from 7 am in the morning to well beyond midnight (1 am)! ..... Says a source in the unit, "Raaja sir recorded all the songs using a live orchestra. Moreover, since folk dance is an integral part of the film, he has used folk musicians who are not associated with the film industry. All the singers and the lyricists for this project are traditional musicians"

thanks,

Krishnan

njv
3rd February 2014, 09:34 PM
Yes, really hope so. He has finished recording 12 songs in 6 days for Bala's new movie, which is not exactly new for IR, but in this case, it seems he had lengthy sessions, starting from 7am upto 1am.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tamil/music/Ilaiyaraaja-records-12-songsin-six-days-for-Balas-film/articleshow/29776133.cms

"...Apparently, the recording sessions were lengthy affairs, going from 7 am in the morning to well beyond midnight (1 am)! ..... Says a source in the unit, "Raaja sir recorded all the songs using a live orchestra. Moreover, since folk dance is an integral part of the film, he has used folk musicians who are not associated with the film industry. All the singers and the lyricists for this project are traditional musicians"

thanks,

Krishnan

Raaja sir excel when he is under pressure. So this is going to be nothing short of excellence. Can't wait for the album and movie.

krish244
6th February 2014, 12:02 PM
Same news about Yuvan working with VM, but I felt it has been nicely put.

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1140206/jsp/nation/story_17905716.jsp#.UvMcgz2H5XE

thanks,

Krishnan

rajaramsgi
6th February 2014, 03:49 PM
பேசும் படம் என்பது இதுதான்! இளையராஜா, பி.சி.ஸ்ரீராம், பாலா, பால்கி என இந்திய சினிமாவுக்குப் பெருமை சேர்க்கும் தமிழர்களின் அபூர்வ சந்திப்பு. சசிகுமார் நடிக்க பாலா இயக்கும் படத்துக்கு இசை... இளையராஜா. அமிதாப், தனுஷ், அக்ஷரா நடிக்க, பி.சி.ஸ்ரீராம் ஒளிப்பதிவில் பால்கி இயக்கவிருக்கும் படத்துக்கு இசையும்.. அவரே! இந்த இரண்டு படங்களின் பாடல் பதிவுகளின் நடுவே இந்தச் சந்திப்பு.
அமிதாப்பை வைத்து 'சீனிகம்’, 'பா’ என இரண்டு வித்தியாசமான படங்களைக் கொடுத்த பால்கியின், மூன்றாவது படத்திலும் அமிதாப் தான் ஹீரோ. இந்தி சினிமா வட்டாரத்தில் இப்பவே எக்கச்சக்க எதிர்பார்ப்பு. பால்கியிடம் பேசினேன்...

http://cdnw.vikatan.com/av/2014/02/ndmxzj/images/p16.jpg

http://cdnw.vikatan.com/av/2014/02/ndmxzj/images/p16a.jpg''இளையராஜாவோட மூணாவது படம் பண்றீங்க..?''
''நடிப்பில் அமிதாப் மாதிரி, இசையில் இளையராஜா. நான் சின்ன வயசுல இருந்தே ராஜா இசை கேட்டு வளர்ந்தவன். முதலில் நான் ராஜா ரசிகன். அப்புறம்தான் இயக்குநர். ரசிகனா இருந்து இயக்குநரா அவரோட வேலை பார்க்கிறது நிச்சயம் எனக்குப் பெருமையான விஷயம். அவரோட மெலடிகள் ரொம்ப சிம்பிளா இருக்கும். ஆனா, அவ்ளோ அழகானது. அவர் அனுபவத்துக்கு முன்னாடி நான் எல்லாம் யாரு? ஆனா, 'இதுல என்னய்யா புதுசாப் பண்ணலாம்’னு ஆர்வமாக் கேட்பார். நான் எத்தனை படம் எடுப்பேன்னு தெரியாது. ஆனா, என் எல்லாப் படங்களுக்கும் ராஜாதான் இசை அமைக்கணும். இது என் ஆசை. அதே மாதிரி பி.சி-யும் என் ஃபேவரைட். அவர்கிட்ட சொல்ற வரைக்கும்தான் அது என் கதை. சொல்லி முடிச்சதும் பி.சி. அதைத் தன் கையில் எடுத்துக்குவார். இந்தப் படத்தை எப்படி எக்ஸ்போஸ் பண்ணப்போறோம்னு பெரிய ஆராய்ச்சியே பண்ணுவார். ஃப்ரேம் பை ஃப்ரேம் வொர்க் பண்ணுவார். கதையை வித்தியாசமாக் காட்ட புது ஆங்கிள் பிடிப்பார்!''
''அந்தச் சந்திப்பில் என்ன நடந்தது?''
''அது ஒரு தற்செயலான சந்திப்பு. என் படத்துக்காக நானும் பி.சி. சாரும் இளையராஜாவைப் பார்க்கப் போயிருந்தோம். அங்கே சர்ப்ரைஸா பாலா வந்தார். பாலு மகேந்திரா ஃபிலிம் இன்ஸ்டிட்யூட் திறக்கும்போதுதான் பாலா எனக்கு அறிமுகம். ஆனா, அவ்வளவு பழக்கம் இல்லை. 'நான் கடவுள்’ பார்த்ததில் இருந்து நான் அவரோட ரசிகன் ஆகிட்டேன். போன்ல பாராட்டினேன். அந்தச் சந்திப்பில் நான் என் படத்தின் கதையைச் சொன்னேன். அவர் அவரோட படம் பத்திச் சொன்னார். ரொம்ப நேரம் சினிமா, இசை பத்திப் பேசிட்டு இருந்தோம். ஒரு சந்திப்பிலேயே நல்ல நண்பர்கள் ஆகிட்டோம்!''

svaisn
6th February 2014, 11:34 PM
Nenaikkum pothey sandhosama erukku... Waiting to hear these musical treats :) Balki might stick to his old tunes reorchestrated... as he did for Paa and Cheeni kum..

krish244
7th February 2014, 12:42 PM
Director Mahendran is planning to direct a movie. Its rumoured that IR may score music for his movie.

http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/news/mahendiran-meets-ilayaraaja-193042.html

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
7th February 2014, 01:14 PM
The link says IR is scoring music for "Sri Ramanujar" movie. He will be scoring music for songs already written by the lyricist late Vaali. Was this news already posted here...I don't remember.

http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/heroines/shriya-play-princess-role-sri-ramanujar-192921.html

thanks,

Krishnan

rajsekar
10th February 2014, 02:09 AM
I am sure that all of you were following Airtel Super Singer Season 4. What a terrific show and amazing set of finalists!!! Three singers were exceptionally great, but of course only one of them took the trophy. Their tonal depth, voice modulation and range of genres were so good. My three favorites are Parvathi, Santosh and Diwakar. Diwakar won the final prize with an incredible performance of "Bale Paandiya" song which was rendered flawlessly and the audience got bowled over. All three of them have sung some of the best songs of Maestro right from the beginning of the competition. If I am correct, Diwakar has rendered the maximum number of Maestro's songs. I somehow started rooting for Diwakar since September and predicted that he would easily win the Season 4 title. Of course his entire native town and folks prayed for him and ensured that he got the maximum number of votes. Santosh narrowly lost the top prize because of his final song selection. "Naan Kadavul" masterpiece was rendered flawlessly by Santosh but the chorus singers took 50% of the credit. Santosh should have selected another song.

Diwakar sounds like Shankar Mahadevan and SPB depending on the song he renders. Listen to his rendition of Rhythm and Nizhalgal songs. Rahman requested Diwakar to sing a second song which was very rare. Diwakar's rendition of Kaathala Kaathala and Aanpaavam songs was terrific. It's all the more surprising that Diwakar has no formal music knowledge and training. I am confident that Diwakar would come up as the next SPB or Hariharan. It's always awesome to listen to Maestro's haunting melodies when these budding singers render the songs. Srinivas's comment for Nizhalgal song was the best so far - the best opening BGM in Indian film music combining Carnatic based song and strings. Mysskin's 120 repeats of the same song is what we all used to do in college days. I am eager to hear Diwakar singing for Maestro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4sdcm9omkw&list=PLZiLCUPHRHtSZ6_W1XPDhORktiWmXWvR2

sudhakarg
13th February 2014, 02:11 PM
Balu Mahendra passes away:

http://www.thehindu.com/features/cinema/veteran-filmmaker-balu-mahendra-passes-away/article5684162.ece

He certainly was one who could get the very best out of IR.

rajsekar
13th February 2014, 10:48 PM
Balu Mahendra's loss is indeed terrible to the Indian cinema. I still vividly remember watching the Malayalam film "Nellu" in Kerala which had a world class cinematography and music by Salil Choudhary. I believe BM's association with Maestro started from that time. Then Maestro used to assist Salilda. The African voodo drums used in "Nellu" was brilliant. If you get a good DVD print of "Nellu" movie, please watch it.

The bonding and close working relationship with Maestro is beautifully described by BM in this article. Maestro always declared that whatever tune and orchestration which is produced for a film came out of a close partnership and joint imagination between him and the Director. Very few directors have that unique capability to extract gold from their technical artists. In the case of Maestro, BM was certainly a major influence to extract the very best out of him. Just look at the haunting tunes and orchestration of two songs in "Moondram Pirai" - Ponmeni and Kanne Kalaimaane. These songs depict two polar opposite situations which no other director has ever experimented. Mani tried to evoke the spirit of Ponmeni in "Mouna Raagam" which too was brilliant. I am hoping that BM's "Cinema Patarai" will introduce many more Balu Mahendras to Indian film. We also have seen some of the not so great chemistry between Director and Music Directors - luck too plays an important role on who gets paired with whom. BM & Maestro are like Spielberg & John Williams - two inseparable pairs. Though BM is dead, his creative productions and cinematography techniques using natural light will always be alive. Ponmeni song was completely shot during sunset period without any artificial arc lights. Just look at the numerous trashy film songs shot in Alps and New Zealand with subpar cinematography. You feel sorry for the Producer and the artists for wasting money. The tune and songs are anyway a carbon copy.

தான் இயக்கிய படங்களுக்கான ஒளிப்பதிவு மற்றும் படத்தொகுப்பு ஆகிய முக்கியமான பணிகளை மற்றவர்களிடம் ஒப்படைக்காமல் தானே பார்த்துக்கொள்வார். இதற்கான காரணத்தை அண்மையில் வழங்கிய ஒரு பேட்டியில்தான் தெளிவுபடுத்தினார். ஒரு திரைப்படத்தின் இயக்கம், ஒளிப்பதிவு, படத்தொகுப்பு, இசை ஆகிய நான்கு முக்கியமான பங்களிப்புகளும் ஒரே நபரிடமிருந்து வந்தால்தான் நல்ல சினிமா எடுக்க முயற்சிக்க முடியும் என்றார். இசை மட்டும் ஏன் இளையராஜாவிடம் கொடுக்கிறீர்கள் என்று கேட்பதற்கு முன், "இளையராஜா என் சிந்தனை ஓட்டத்தை அறிந்தவர் அவர் இசையமைப்பது நானே இசையமைப்பதைப் போன்றது" என்று தெளிவுபடுத்தினார்.

அந்த அளவுக்கு இளையராஜாவுக்கும் இவருக்குமான நட்பு இருந்தது. பாலு மகேந்திராவின் முதல் இரண்டு படங்களைத் தவிர மற்ற அனைத்து படங்களுக்கும் ராஜாதான் இசையமைத்தார். அண்மையில் ராஜாவுக்கு மாரடைப்பு வந்து மருத்துவமனையில் அனுமதிக்கப்பட்டிருந்தபோது தள்ளாத வயதிலும் அவரைப் போய் பார்த்துவிட்டு வந்தார் பாலு மகேந்திரா.

rajsekar
13th February 2014, 11:56 PM
Listen to BM's speech two months ago. BM has beautifully described his relationship with Maestro (starting from 27:40 onwards). I am really hoping that "Thalaimuraigal" gets selected for the 2013 National Award for Background Score. "The Jackal and the Sheep" too is a strong contender for best background score. The Music Director should know where to mellow down the background music or even keep it completely silent. Silence is a big forte for John Williams and Hans Zimmer. Many of their scores just brings out the raw emotions of the scene and the characters. BM is talking about the same aspect in the interview. On the contrary watching, Bala's Paradesi gives you a headache with constant violin score by Prakash Kumar. Bala should have insisted on using more wind instruments rather than strings for Paradesi. The chemistry between the Director and the MD was missing. Mahendran and Mani are two other directors preferring silent shots to portray strong emotions. Watch "Metti" and "Nandu" movie scenes for mind boggling cinematography and haunting scores, including silence. Maestro's first Hindi song was composed for "Nandu" - fantastic song sequence and cinematography by Ashok Kumar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_6ZHHPfnUQ

dochu
17th February 2014, 03:23 PM
Ramanaa soundtrack from a user elsewhere. Kudos to him for uploading.

https://soundcloud.com/navin-ramdoss/illayaraja-ramanaa-2002

RR
18th February 2014, 09:47 AM
This topic has generated more than 3930 posts and 760K views in a span of little more than 2 years. That comes to about 6 posts and 960 views everyday. This is just on IR news & tidbits! :clap: Thanks everyone for the great support..

I think now it's time to create a topic to continue the discussions. Anyone interested?

venkkiram
18th February 2014, 10:15 AM
This topic has generated more than 3930 posts and 760K views in a span of little more than 2 years. That comes to about 6 posts and 960 views everyday. This is just on IR news & tidbits! :clap: Thanks everyone for the great support..

I think now it's time to create a topic to continue the discussions. Anyone interested?

இங்கே சமீப காலங்களாக திரிகளில் நிறைய ராஜா ரசிகர்களின் பங்களிப்பு இல்லாமல் இருந்தாலும் நீங்கள் பகிர்ந்திருக்கும் செய்தி இனிப்பானதுதான்.

krish244
20th February 2014, 11:47 AM
About Mahendran movie:

"...Speaking about the maestro, the senior filmmaker said, digital. "Ilaiyaraaja has been an integral part of my films and his music will be crucial in this film too. We will start the composing by the end of this month."...The film is planned as a quickie. The director says, he will start shooting in march and complete it by that month's end. The team aims to release the film in May"

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/103715.html

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
20th February 2014, 11:51 AM

A couple of months back I was thinking that this thread must be one of the most (if not the most) updated thread around here. Your analysis says my thinking was right :)

Agree with venkiram.

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
20th February 2014, 11:59 AM
Ramanaa soundtrack from a user elsewhere. Kudos to him for uploading.

https://soundcloud.com/navin-ramdoss/illayaraja-ramanaa-2002

Thanks Dochu! Long back I happened to watch Ramana movie on some channel for about 5 minutes. The one thing that struck me (i was not paying attention to BGM) in those 5 minutes was how effective the BGM was. It was so in-sync with the feelings, sophisticated and grandeur. The immediate thought that came to my mind was that I did not feel that way on watching other movies of Murugadoss's. It was just a 5 minutes somewhere in between the movie.

The beginning of the soundtrack has an amazing (and very different) use of drums and symphonic effect. I am yet to hear the whole track.

thanks,

Krishnan

RR
20th February 2014, 12:26 PM
Krishnan,

Listen to the part after about 17 mins.. Haunting!

BTW, you guys should start using the 'Thank/Like post' feature we have now.. :smile2:

rajsekar
21st February 2014, 09:19 PM
http://www.thehindu.com/features/metroplus/marketplace-art/article5713341.ece?homepage=true

Baradwaj Rangan's analysis in "The Hindu":

"The film’s slyest trick is that the drama is always present, thanks to the underlying sexual tension and Ilaiyaraaja’s score. After a small prologue (that details the heroine’s accident), the opening credits appear over an intense burst of violins — the same burst of violins that will be heard as a bookend towards the end, when the heroine and her parents enter the railway station and the devastated hero, far behind, is racing to meet her. So we’re already primed, subliminally, for this intensity of emotion — except that Mahendra takes his own sweet time getting to that point. As much as the themes in this complex film can be studied, the filmmaking, too, is worth putting under a microscope. Of how many commercial films today can you say this?"

Baradwaj is right on dot with his analysis. Even after 30 years, "Moonram Pirai" is still so refreshing and Maestro's music is 2014. I am sure that after many years, the movie and its music composition would resonate the same way. Hats off to Balu Mahendra for creating such great masterpieces!!!.

sivasub
3rd March 2014, 11:54 AM
http://www.tamilcinema24.com/news-id-ilayarajas-microsoft-connection-ilayaraja-03-03-146963.htm

dell_gt
4th March 2014, 08:37 AM
Ilaiyaraaja to score music for Drishyam remake?
There
has been no confirmation yet but there are reports that the composer
will score the music in the Tamil version of the Malayalam hit Drishyam. The original starred Mohanlal and Meena in the lead, and was a huge success at the Box Office.

The Tamil version will have Kamal Haasan playing the lead and Simran
is likely to play his wife. Now, we hear that music maestro
Ilaiayaraaja will be scoring the music for the film. This is just a news
that's floating around and there has been no official reports yet.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tamil/movies/news-interviews/Ilaiyaraaja-to-score-music-for-Drishyam-remake/articleshow/31329043.cms

dell_gt
4th March 2014, 08:37 AM
There
will score the music in the Tamil version of the Malayalam hit Drishyam. The original starred Mohanlal and Meena in the lead, and was a huge success at the Box Office.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tamil/movies/news-interviews/Ilaiyaraaja-to-score-music-for-Drishyam-remake/articleshow/31329043.cms

Russellyhd
4th March 2014, 10:44 AM
shruti haasan

With the legend !!! #nostalgia #overwhelmed #thevarmagan #memories #omgmoment http://instagram.com/p/lCsfveIUWn/

http://www.tamilcinema24.com/photo-galleries/celebrity-tweets-today-264/images/celebrity-tweets-today-26403.jpg

krish244
5th March 2014, 03:33 PM
Interesting! The below link says IR is composing for Kannada remake of Drishyam! It is directed by P.Vasu. Mmm...P.Vasu and IR...reunion???

http://www.newindianexpress.com/entertainment/kannada/Director-Vasu-to-start-Shooting-Drishyam/2014/03/05/article2091520.ece#.Uxb0Zj-H5XE

thanks,

Krishnan

rooky
6th March 2014, 03:07 PM
There

Being an IR and KH Fan, i hate to say this.
The way things are going in the last few years, Even if producers fix IR as MD, KH in all probability will replace IR with some other "commercial" music director. I am hugely disappointed with KH in this regard.

Kimrep
6th March 2014, 08:45 PM
rooky, I am with you on that. KH talks big when it comes to his past work with IR but sells out and goes commercial all the time.

rooky
6th March 2014, 11:56 PM
I Fail to understand how on earth would he (or anybody would) think that a DSP or ShMaha or a GIBRAN can do a better job than IR.
The issue with KH, RK and few other long timers (directors included) is.. they seem to think that they need to update and that means working with new generation technicians. They fail to understand that it applies to them too viceversa :). Learn from Balkis.. You need to be strong to stick to your preferences, come what may.You will succeed if the content is good.

krish244
7th March 2014, 12:13 PM
There is going to be a IR concert in Madurai on 5th of April.

http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/news/ilayaraaja-s-grand-musical-event-madurai-194925.html

thanks,

Krishnan

Kimrep
7th March 2014, 09:26 PM
I Fail to understand how on earth would he (or anybody would) think that a DSP or ShMaha or a GIBRAN can do a better job than IR.
The issue with KH, RK and few other long timers (directors included) is.. they seem to think that they need to update and that means working with new generation technicians. They fail to understand that it applies to them too viceversa :). Learn from Balkis.. You need to be strong to stick to your preferences, come what may.You will succeed if the content is good.

I used to be a Kamal fan, still like his older movies,even the clearly commercial gimmicks like Aboorva Sagotharargal. But ever since he has had full control over his movies like directing, script etc they have been very self centered indulgent efforts. Sadhi leelavathi was so good because BM had a say. The last of the areas he didnt have full control over was the music, i suspect thats why he has moved away from working with IR. The results have been horrible but he doesnt seem to care. Everytime he talks about how awesome IR is, it is just very annoying.

With RK, at least its honest and clear that its all commercial mass entertainment.

JamesDap
8th March 2014, 09:00 AM
^^^ That's an interesting theory. Could be a good explanation, there's no way IR would let KH walk in and make changes left, right and centre to the music.

But I have also read that KH found it very difficult to sell the music of Mumbai Express to music labels. That seemed to discourage him and especially now that he is really focusing on a pan-Indian appeal, maybe he thinks IR won't be a good fit commercially. I am indifferent either way. Kamal is past his best (Raja is not! :D); for all his professed artsiness he has just become a commercial star now. Viswaroopam was just a decent entertainer, nothing special. Why should IR's music be wasted on more such films anyway.

lydayaxobia976
8th March 2014, 03:04 PM
It can't be commercial. As success ratio of thir films or music not great compare to yesteryears . I believe actots like kH ,RH and few directors not working with Raja sir because, I thing they believe if they work with younger music director they could portrait them self young or modern. I have lost respect for these people one they forgot their past second , and talk one think do another . So I just dont go to their movie If no Raja sir in it, also I prefer serious movies

sloshed
9th March 2014, 12:42 PM
My Second Short film with Raja's Music and thanks to Myshkin as well ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYpBqQdXB58

Hope You all will like it...

RR
10th March 2014, 08:36 PM
Sloshed: you mean you reused IR BG score? That's pretty neat. Goes very well with the film.

I wish the film were a bit more fast-faced. Nevertheless a very good effort. BTW, is Memento one of your favorite movies? Mine too. Let's take this discussion offline.. Tks.

Russellyhd
15th March 2014, 10:49 AM
DEVI SRI PRASAD

Met d GOD of MUSIC Raja sir today n got his blessings on d occasion of my 15 years of Musical Journey!!!:)))

http://www.tamilcinema24.com/photo-galleries/celebrity-tweets-today-274/images/celebrity-tweets-today-27415.jpg

K
15th March 2014, 06:42 PM
The 25 Greatest Film Composers In Cinema History
http://www.tasteofcinema.com/2014/the-25-greatest-film-composers-in-cinema-history/2/

prabhudas
15th March 2014, 09:27 PM
The 25 Greatest Film Composers In Cinema History
http://www.tasteofcinema.com/2014/the-25-greatest-film-composers-in-cinema-history/2/

Not sure who runs "Tastes of cinema" and it's popularity but the list nevertheless is very interesting with the most influential musicians in Cinema, for a second I almost thought...they missed out one of the versatile and greatest musicians who has an indelible impact in Hollywood music.....as I was following page 1 to 3 ( from 25 to 1) since I didn't see this musician's name till the very end...and of course "Ennio Morricone" rated at the end as number 1 ( many of his BGMs as OSTs completely floors you and makes you feel IR working in Hollywood), completely delighted to see his name and obviously Maestro IR in top 10.

Long live Maestro....

mappi
15th March 2014, 10:31 PM
Out of 25, I have not rellay come across or paid attention to about 8 of them. Indeed a master list, eventhough the countdown would vary according to the liking scale of an individual. Talking about Monsieur Morricone, look for his 2012 Venice concert => devine. Here is a sample :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RGrz1mZve8

IR at N°9 gives a great pleasure to me.

JamesDap
17th March 2014, 07:56 AM
Alan Menken rated above not only IR but Jerry Goldsmith is not something I agree with. But it's a very good list, runs the whole gamut from the oldies like John Barry to the more contemporary Hans Zimmer.

venkkiram
17th March 2014, 08:22 AM
Out of 25, I have not rellay come across or paid attention to about 8 of them. Indeed a master list, eventhough the countdown would vary according to the liking scale of an individual. Talking about Monsieur Morricone, look for his 2012 Venice concert => devine. Here is a sample :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RGrz1mZve8

IR at N°9 gives a great pleasure to me.

பத்தாது சாரே.. ஜான் வில்லியம்ஸை விட ஒரு படி மேல நம்மாளு. இங்கே வரிசைப் படுத்தப் பட்ட பெரும்பானாலோரின் எல்லாவித இசைவகைகளையும் கட்டுரையாளருக்கு ஒருவேளை தெரிந்திருக்கலாம். ஆனால் மேற்கத்திய இசையை விட்டு, ராஜாவின் நீள அகலங்கள் என்ன என்பதையும் கணக்கில் கொண்டு பார்த்தால் நிகரில்லாத இடத்தைச் சென்றடைவார் நம்மாளு.

venkkiram
17th March 2014, 08:39 AM
பத்தாது சாரே.. ஜான் வில்லியம்ஸை விட ஒரு படி மேல நம்மாளு. இங்கே வரிசைப் படுத்தப் பட்ட பெரும்பானாலோரின் எல்லாவித இசைவகைகளையும் கட்டுரையாளருக்கு ஒருவேளை தெரிந்திருக்கலாம். ஆனால் மேற்கத்திய இசையை விட்டு, ராஜாவின் நீள அகலங்கள் என்ன என்பதையும் கணக்கில் கொண்டு பார்த்தால் நிகரில்லாத இடத்தைச் சென்றடைவார் நம்மாளு. ஓநாயும் ஆட்டுக்குட்டியும், நீதானே எந்தன் பொன்வசந்தம், பிதாமகன், சேது, நான் கடவுள், அழகர் சாமியின் குதிரை, Lajja, காலா பாணி, நந்தலாலா, ரமணா, ஹேராம், மறுபடியும், நாடோடித் தென்றல், இதயத்தைத் திருடாதே, தளபதி, சத்ரியன், அஞ்சலி, அவதாரம், மௌனராகம், நாயகன், அபூர்வ சகோதர்கள், அக்னி நட்சத்திரம், விக்ரம், புன்னகை மன்னன், சிகப்பு ரோஜாக்கள், டிக் டிக் டிக், ராஜபார்வை, பழசி ராஜா, குரு (மலையாளம்), பாண்டவாஸ், நிழல்கள், ஜானி, நெஞ்சத்தைக் கிள்ளாதே, மூன்றாம் பிறை, வண்ண வண்ண பூக்கள், ரெட்டை வாழ் குருவி, ஜூலி கணபதி, ப்ரியா, ஒரு கைதியின் டைரி, ஜப்பானில் கல்யாணராமன், மூடு பனி, பன்னீர் புஷ்பங்கள், உதயம், பிரம்மா, கேப்டன் பிரபாகரன், இதயம், மீரா, அந்தப்புரம், காதல் கவிதை, மும்பை எக்ஸ்பிரஸ், மாயகண்ணாடி, இனிமேல் நாங்கதான்,--> இதெல்லாம் ராஜாவின் ஒரு முகமே.. நம்மளோட சாஸ்திரிய சங்கீதம், நாட்டார் இசை - நிறங்களும் இருக்கின்றன.

One of Vicky's old article also compares JW with IR.

http://www.thecommentfactory.com/indian-composer-ilaiyaraaja-is-a-genius-how-long-can-the-west-ignore-him-1878/

krish244
18th March 2014, 11:23 AM
It seems Bala's Karagattam is IR's 1000th movie. A great milestone indeeed. Feel very proud. Congratulations to IR!

http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/bala-s-karagattam-is-ilayaraaja-s-1000th-movie-195802.html

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
18th March 2014, 12:36 PM
Galatta site says, Karagaattam is IR's 1001st movie! Not sure who is right.

http://www.galatta.com/tamil/news/balas-upcoming-film-is-ilaiyaraajas-1001st/76887/

thanks,

Krishnan

Russellyhd
19th March 2014, 10:34 AM
http://tamil.thehindu.com/cinema/tamil-cinema/%E0%AE%86%E0%AE%B0%E0%AE%AE%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%AA%E0%A E%AE%E0%AE%BE%E0%AE%95%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%B1%E0%AE%A4% E0%AF%81-%E0%AE%87%E0%AE%B3%E0%AF%88%E0%AE%AF%E0%AE%B0%E0%A E%BE%E0%AE%9C%E0%AE%BE-%E0%AE%B0%E0%AE%9A%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%95%E0%AE%B0%E0%A F%8D-%E0%AE%AE%E0%AE%A9%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%B1%E0%AE%AE%E0%A F%8D/article5799882.ece

ஆரம்பமாகிறது 'இளையராஜா ரசிகர் மன்றம்'

மதுரையில் ஏப்ரல் 5ம் தேதி இசையமைப்பாளர் இளையராஜா ரசிகர் மன்றத்தின் தொடக்க விழா நடைபெற இருக்கிறது.

முன்னணி இசையமைப்பாளர் இளையராஜாவிற்கு பல்வேறு ரசிகர்கள் இருந்தும், ரசிகர் மன்றம் என்று தனியாக இல்லை. இந்நிலையில், இளையராஜாவின் மகன் கார்த்திக் ராஜா முறையாக இளையராஜா ரசிகர் மன்றம் என்று தனியாக ஆரம்பிக்க திட்டமிட்டு இருக்கிறார்.

இதுகுறித்து விடுத்துள்ள அறிக்கையில், "இளையராஜாவுக்கு உலகம் முழுவதும் ஏராளமான ரசிகர்களும், நலம் விரும்பிகளும் இருக்கிறார்கள். அவர்கள் அனைவரையும் ஒரு குடையின் கீழ் ஒருங்கிணைக்க அவர் முடிவு செய்து இருக்கிறார். இதற்காக, ‘இளையராஜா ரசிகர் மன்றம்’ என்ற அமைப்பு தொடங்கப்படுகிறது.

இளையராஜாவின் சம்மதத்துடன், அவருடைய மகன் கார்த்திக்ராஜா தலைமையில் இந்த அமைப்பு செயல்படும். பட அதிபர் பி.வேலுச்சாமி, டைரக்டர் ரத்னகுமார் ஆகியோர் நிர்வாக அறங்காவலர்களாக இருப்பார்கள். அரசாங்க அங்கீகாரத்துடன் தொடங்கப்படும் அமைப்பு இது.

இளையராஜாவின் ரசிகர்கள், அவரது இசையால் ஈர்க்கப்பட்டு தங்களுக்கென சில கொள்கைப் பிடிப்புடன் செயல்பட்டு வருகிறார்கள். அவர்களை சமூக விழிப்புணர்வு, சமூக நற்பணிகள், சமூக முன்னேற்றத்துக்கான ஆக்கப்பூர்வமான பணிகளில் ஈடுபடுத்தி, நல்வழிப்படுத்தவே இந்த அமைப்பு தொடங்கப்படுகிறது.

சாதி, மதம், இனம், அரசியல் போன்றவைகளுக்கு அப்பாற்பட்ட அமைப்பு இது. இதில், ஒரு கோடி பேருக்கு மேல் உறுப்பினராக சேர உள்ளனர்.

இதற்கான அறிவிப்பு ஏப்ரல் 5–ந்தேதி, மதுரை தமுக்கம் மைதானத்தில் நடைபெறும் இசை நிகழ்ச்சியின்போது வெளியிடப்படும். திரைப்பட துறையில் உள்ள முன்னணி நடிகர்–நடிகைகள், இதில் இணைய இருக்கிறார்கள்.’’ என்று கூறப்பட்டு இருந்தது.

Russellyhd
19th March 2014, 01:42 PM
http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/television/radio-mrichy-senthil-opines-his-experiance-with-ilayaraja-195929.html

ராஜா உடன் நான்… ரேடியோ மிர்ச்சி செந்திலின் அனுபவங்கள்

Russellyhd
19th March 2014, 01:43 PM
http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/news/ilayaraaja-s-upcoming-projects-2014-195827.html

இளையராஜாவின் இசையில் இந்த ஆண்டு வெளிவரவிருக்கும் 20 புதிய படங்கள்!!

rajsekar
22nd March 2014, 09:50 PM
This is a great news!!!

I was expecting Maestro to cross this milestone sometime this year but wasn't sure about the exact number. Does it inlcude all his Film and non-film soundtracks/ original scores and music albums? He has certainly crossed 1000 if you count the movie sountracks which were never released. What a fantastic milestone and achievement!!!. Maestro needs hundred more soundtracks to equal MSV's crown of 1100 (near approximation based on media reports). The Tamil Film Music Director Association should also maintain the soundtrack numbers for all their members. Do we know the number of Platinum, Golden and Silver Jubilee hits each of MSV and Ilayaraaja? Maestro's 1000 albums have seen many mega hits with few of the movies running countinously for more than 365 days/52 weeks. Platinum Jubilee is 75 weeks continuous running. People would come just to hear the song sequences and exit the theatre after that.

Coming to Raaja's music album sales, do we know how many soundtracks/ albums were Diamond and Platinum? This include sales of all Vinyl records, Cassettes, CDs and digital download streams. The music distribution is India is plagued by so many illegal distributions by phantom companies besides internet piracy which make it difficult to put an exact count of soundtrack sales. For a long time, Maestro had distributed his soundtracks through his own company "Echo" which was also an issue with AVM Audio for AVM Production. Soundtrack royalty brings lot more revenue in the long term as compared to album sales. In US, Diamond album is 10 Million and Platinum is 1 Million while in UK the Platinum is 300,000. As a perspective, Michael Jackson's "Thriller" holds the record for the maximum number of Platinum soundtrack (27 Million). This record is maintained by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). Few of the Maestro's biggest soundtrack hits like "Karagatakaran", "Nizhalgal", "Jhonny", "Priya", "Thevar Magan" (I need more space to list all the mega hits) would have sold more than 30 to 50 lakhs each which is 3 to 5 million. Unfortunately there is no official sales numbers from Echo or Maestro's fans. The best selling Indian film album (official record) is Aashiqui with 15 Million units (150 Lakhs). Rahman's "Bombay" combined soundtrack sales in Hindi and Tamil was 12 Million (120 Lakhs) which is his highest
record. Ilayaraaja has certainly smashed these records but we don't have any official confirmation of music sales. This is a sad state of affairs in India. I sincerely hope that Maestro's fans would work on tabulating the official sales number for all his albums and the eaxct count of film/ non-film albums. Maestro himself keeps an accurate count of all his soundtracks as seen from a recent audio release (don't recall the movie name)

Putting Maestro's 1000th album in perspective, here are some numbers for notable music directors (not official and only approximate numbers):
- Chakravarthy - 960+
- KV Mahadevan is 600
- Bappi Lahiri - 500
- RD Burman - 331+
- G Devarajan - 300
- Jerry Amaldev - 300
- Lakshmikant-Pyarelal - 250+
- Shyam - 300+
- Rahman - 200+
- Kalyanji Anandji - 200+
- V Dakshinamoorthy - 125+
- Shankar Jaikishan - 171
- Hemant Kumar - 138
- Naushad - 100 (maximum number of Platinum, Golden and Silver Jubilee hits)
- Yuvan Shankar - 100+

RR
23rd March 2014, 09:06 AM
rajsekar,

Nice thoughts and recollections.. :clap:

> The best selling Indian film album (official record) is Aashiqui with 15 Million units (150 Lakhs).
> Rahman's "Bombay" combined soundtrack sales in Hindi and Tamil was 12 Million (120 Lakhs)
> which is his highest record. Ilayaraaja has certainly smashed these records

I too would think so. I personally remember cassette dubbing many albums like Johnny first, then buying and rebuying in different combos shortly after the movie release. Noting that there was basically no other source except radio, the numbers should be in millions easily for the hit albums I guess.

teja
23rd March 2014, 10:33 AM
> Maestro needs hundred more soundtracks to equal MSV's crown of 1100 (near approximation based on media reports).

I don't think that is true. Chakravarthy used to hold the record for highest number of albums. (What a pity. 99% of those albums were trash, but let's not get there) . There were a lot of articles on this topic a few years ago. With 1000+ movies, namma Raaja now sits at the top. (Y)

rajsekar
24th March 2014, 09:17 AM
RR – Well said. Many of us had enjoyed Raaja’s songs in duplicated cassettes when they were released. I have personally seen rows of music shops (basically cassette duplication service) in Salem, Madurai, Kovai, Erode where Maestro’s songs were played 24x7 in buses, restaurants and road side eateries. The private bus operators in Salem-Erode-Namakkal-Thiruchengode-Krishnagiri triangle are known for their pricey and best boom boxes (Cassette decks with Hi-Fi speakers) who always played the very latest and greatest Tamil hits. The buses too were new and fitted with state-of-the-art audio technology, that Namakkal/ Erode still make the best bus chassis in India, apart from Volvo and Mercedes factory shops.

I did a small calculation to determine the sales of a single soundtrack in 1982. As a rough calculation, each cassette shop in Salem, Erode and Madurai would duplicate a complete movie soundtrack for minimum of 20 times before the master tape is worn out. You can then multiply the number of shops by 15 in a particular locality. Let’s take one of Raaja’s biggest musical hit in 1982 which was “Payanangal Mudivathillai”. The biggest mega hit song “Ilaya Nila” and other hit songs in the sound track should have easily sold 1-1.5 Lakhs cassettes in those three districts of Salem, Madurai and Erode. I am going by the 1981 population of these districts and 20% sales of original cassette. If you multiply 1 Lakh cassettes by 15 for each locality for the cassette duplication, the total illegal cassette sales would be roughly 4-5 Lakhs. The combined sales (legal and illegal) in 1982 throughout T.Nadu would have been easily 6 Lakhs. Now Tamil cassettes were also sold abroad in Sri Lanka, Singapore, Fiji, Malaysia and UK which would bring the total combined sales to 6.5 Lakhs in 1982. As per the Indian Music Industry (IMI) Trust, a Platinum album is 200,000 unit domestic sales (or) 6,000 international sales for Hindi album. For a regional film album, it is 100,000 unit sales for a Platinum award. Hence “Payanangal Mudivathillai” should have easily won multi-platinum sales award in 1982 by Echo Records. The same year (1982) Ilayaraaja gave other multi-platinum Tamil hits – AVM Audio (Sakalakala Vallavan) and “Ninaivellam Nithya”. Unfortunately neither Echo Records nor Tamil Film industry gave away any music album awards or recognition to Maestro. The movie itself had a 526 day run at box-office (Platinum and Golden Jubilee combined). Similarly in 1983, Ilayaraaja gave AVM Audio their biggest box office album sales for “Mundhanai Mudichu”.

At the same time, the Hindi music industry was dominated by T-Series and Magna Audio which kept official sales record of cassettes. Ten years later (1992), Rahman bagged the Platinum sales disc for the Hindi version of “Roja” from Magnasound which sold 200,000 cassettes. Lahiri Music released the Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam versions of “Roja” because Maniratnam decided to do simultaneous dubbed release in Hindi, Malayalam and Telugu for the first time. Mani should have done that for “Nayagan” in 1987. Remember the remake of “Nayagan” in Hindi by Feroze Khan which was terrible and eventually flopped. The year 1992 also saw Ilayaraaja and Rahman being tied for the National Award for the Best Music Score when the Chairman decided for Rahman for his first attempt since Raaja had already received the National Award in 1984, 1986 and 1989. N. Pandurangan (Maestro’s sound engineer) won the Best Audiography Award that year. “Thevar Magan” soundtrack too should have easily received Platinum disc in Tamil.

krish244
25th March 2014, 11:16 AM
It seems "Oru Oorla" is IR's 999th movie. Producer is going to release the movie advertising it as IR's 999th movie!

http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/news/oru-oorla-is-ilayaraaja-s-999th-movie-196364.html

thanks,

Krishnan

Russellyhd
25th March 2014, 03:00 PM
http://cinemalead.com/news-id-after-listening-to-ilaiyaraaja-bala-movie-song-prakash-raj-moved-to-tears-bala-25-03-144812.htm

AFTER LISTENING TO ILAIYARAAJA- BALA MOVIE SONG, PRAKASH RAJ MOVED TO TEARS

Ilaiyaraaja is composing the music for Bala's Thara Thappatai and Prakashraj's Un Samayal Arayil. Recently Bala and Prakashraj casually met at Ilaiyaraaja's recording studio for their respective films.

It is said that Bala played him a song which is composed by Ilaiyaraaja for Thara Thappatai and Prakashraj immediatey moved to tears after hearing it. As a matter fact Prakashraj told Bala that he will fall at Ilaiyaraaja's feet for this song, incidentally Prakashraj met Ilaiyaraaja and even the maestro was touched on witnessing the love of Prakashraj and Bala on his music.

krish244
26th March 2014, 12:10 PM
IR honored by senior journalists for the recent milestones/achievements IR has accomplished (1000 movies and 9th in the list of all time great film music composers):

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/105266.html

BTW, I am curious. Is this website (http://www.tasteofcinema.com/) popular among hollywood producers/directors? Just wondering what are the chances that IR gets more exposure.

thanks,

Krishnan

rajsekar
26th March 2014, 09:00 PM
Krishnan - Taste of Cinema appears to be a new website. The site has been registered in Nov. 2011 in Queensland, Australia. The site's popularity in US, India and UK is shown here http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/tasteofcinema.com Their people list category seem to be accurate (I looked at few of the popular ones). The list is not based on any official survey or voting. At the same time, we don't have any official media sites to release such lists. The list was compiled by Brian White and couldn't figure out whether he is the American actor and producer. I am extremely happy that Maestro's name has figured in the global 25 list. It's high time that his name and talent is recognized in the global arena. In the current media frenzy and hype, any cine artiste has to go over the board to advertise their name and brand. Look at the hundreds of stupid movie awards, festivals and competitions in India to promote mediocrity. Ilayaraja as always shunned the media spotlight and as a result the majority of younger generation think that he is just a village music composer. I was laughing at the comments in the website on why RD Burman, MSV and Rahman weren't included in the list. These folks think that movie music score is just making tunes for songs. Anyway, Ilayaraja doesn't need to go out of the way to advertise his talent and name. His music creation speaks for itself and will continue to do so for many more years. As a comparison, you have to listen to the latest soundtracks in Tamil, Hindi and Telugu which are released almost every week amidst much hype and expectation. What a terrible fiasco!!!!

SVN
27th March 2014, 05:55 PM
Why aren't the Indian News Agencies reporting this?

Typically news feed is provided by PTI, IANS (Indo Asian News Service) etc.

While these agencies write about even the slightest gossip as 'news' and release it across all publications and news media across the globe, such feats are never covered.

If someone has a lead with any of the above press agencies, it would be good to spread the word around.

Regardless of fan base and personal choices, as TFM and Music lovers, we need to celebrate this remarkable achievement.

RR
28th March 2014, 10:41 AM
Regardless of fan base and personal choices, as TFM and Music lovers, we need to celebrate this remarkable achievement.
SVN, yours is a lone voice in the wilderness! I opened a thread on celebrating IR's 1000 movies here (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?10908-Ilaiyaraja-s-1000-Movies-A-Celebration!). Hardly a flutter there. :(

rajsekar
28th March 2014, 11:52 AM
SVN - Good question. I was expecting that the group of media journalists who came to wish Maestro will be writing about this great milestone. Ilayaraja fans should also be active in social media to highlight this achievement. I think that Bala's upcoming movie audio release will also be a bigger stage to announce this major achievement. This is a unique milestone in the world of music. Western musicians and song composers typically peak out after 40 or 50 albums after giving some great hits. The 1000 films of Maestro requires some in-depth analysis like a) Hits songs in each album, b) Album sales, if avaliable, c) Box-off collections, d) 100 days box-office run, e) Playback singers who sang the maximum songs (numbers for SPB and Janaki), f) Time taken to compose each album, etc. I am certain that few hard core fans would do more analytics on the 1000 albums.

RR -fans will slowly trickle in. You have to give some time for fans to think of "1000" albums and get that feeling to sink in. We all are getting corrupted by media hype after hearing pathetic copies like "Kolaveri" and "Unna Partha Neram". How are these outright copy tunes being labelled as "Hits" by media? Then Ilayaraja fans should coin a new term for all his popular tunes - minimum three super hit songs per album which is 3000.

krish244
28th March 2014, 01:35 PM
The below link says Bala's movie is titled "Getti Melam". Not sure how far it is true.

http://www.4tamilmedia.com/cinema/cinenews/21739-prakash-raj-moved-to-tears-by-ilaiyaraaja-s-music

It seems, Prakash Raj was moved to tears after hearing a song from Bala's movie and fell at IR's feat.

Un Samayil araiyl is 1001st movie for IR.

thanks,

Krishnan

suivipa
28th March 2014, 03:50 PM
To all Maestro Fans
It is indeed the greatest of milestones by any Individual across any Art or Craft.
we need to celebrate and glorify this man and his achievement given that we have an opportunity to do so right now.
I for one have been a regular visitor but refrained from posting since several of the opinions synched with many of the seasoned hubbers like Sakalakalakala, Krish, rsubras, Kiru, Irir123, baroque et al.
Now I have decided to contribute to the hub and to this great achiever with best of the wishes .

we collectively pray almighty to bestow this ever energetic music genius a very long innings and he will continue to mesmerize us gifting us with several thousand greatest compositions. I believe that the best is yet to come from his kitty. what he has shown us is just the tip of the ice berg.

Enjoy the great feat friends.

Time to rejoice and tell the world about this greatest living legend and the incomparable contributions he has made till date.

M Bala

suivipa
28th March 2014, 04:11 PM
we have heard several such instances when creators like Balu mahendra, Mahendran and the likes of Manirathnam have cited several such examples when ever they associated with this lively stream and music genius.
Not to leave behind aficionados like R Suderrajan, R Balki, Ulaga nayagan who claim they are deft fans.

Prakash Raj has grown up listening to IR and his greatest Kannada hits and his association with GKV that produced several hundred gems there. He is more like Shankar nag in believing that only he can create Magic to a given script and the emotional quotient that he delivers each time is something that JW may also wonder if he gets to hear this man. For some one doing RR in about 3 or max 4 days and creating an Impact for decades with movie and music buffs alike is the pinnacle of his achievements.

For several million fans he is also the stress buster and psychologist at work each and every day.

M Bala

rajsekar
28th March 2014, 09:37 PM
RR - Thanks for creating a separate thread. I started to look at the Maestro's milestone movies and I am just half way through. I was expecting to see some official database (Film association, Music Director's Union, etc.) containing this information. Karthik Raja should collect the accurate data and upload to Raaja.com which is the official website. It's a sad state of affairs that Maestro's official website is not even up and running. We live in a media frenzy world and his children can at least get these basic music sites checked and updated regularly. His major milestone movies are listed below. I believe the specific milestone is hit when the actual soundtrack was recorded by Maestro and not the movie release date. Dubbed films are counted as separate milestone because the sound track is recorded for the second time with new playback singers and orchestration.

100th - Moodupani (1980)
200th - Bhagavathipuram Railway Gate (1983)
300th - Udhaya Geetham (1985)
400th - Nayagan (1987)
500th - Anjali (1990)
600th - ???
700th - ???
800th - ???
900th - ???
1000th - Tarai Thappattai (2014)

suivipa
29th March 2014, 01:29 PM
I remember Anjali was advertised as 500th on posters that I got to see in Bangalore , Lavanya theater if I recall those days.
His last 2 decades have yielded 500 movies as well but with considerable longer duration while the 1990 Anjali reflects 500 coming out of 15 years of toil at the rate of 40 to 46 movies per annum and that too consistently churning hits in all south indian languages. Andhra Music buffs are highly beneficial since all the 70 odd straight movies he did are mega hits and he is revered as music god with the likes of koti, keeravani and DSP. Teja and rprasad will probably agree with me on this front.
considering that between 1992 and 2002 we had 100 straight tamil movies each year (since dubbing and Hollywood/hindi/telugu ones dominated last 10 years of Chennai/ NAC cine market) we had 2000+ straight tamil movies for 20 years and our man had 450+ of his own contributions?
considering ARR+VS+Yuvan who are all in the 90s mark and SA Rajkumar/HJ/DSP/D Imman would be in there 30s count upto 2002 for a reference. The only other prominent Music director was deva who crossed 400 films during this 2 decades.

maestro is going great guns at 20 + movies in 2014 may be 30 + we will have to wait for that musical showers.

M Bala

suivipa
29th March 2014, 01:38 PM
Sorry type error.
It should be 2012 , 2 decades and 20 years from 1992.
we also had lesser known but successful MDs like manoj Gyan, Abavaanan, Balabharathi, Devendran, Ramesh vinayagam, Sirpi who also had close to 20 movies each during their careers but much of their movies are part of the film box and have not seen the light of the day. all of the above guys did just tamil predominantly.
we had very few exceptions of Hamsalekhas, Raj-Kotis who did a few small budgeted and quickies for producers like V sekar, ram narayanan and others.

sivasub
29th March 2014, 02:26 PM
http://www.greatandhra.com/movies/movie-news/background-score-of-rowdy-tribute-to-illayaraja-55122.html

mappi
1st April 2014, 06:03 PM
http://www.greatandhra.com/movies/movie-news/background-score-of-rowdy-tribute-to-illayaraja-55122.html

Here is the Original BGM :
starts at 1h6m58s to 1h7m58s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRVHoabpSoI

And here is the tribute version offered by RGV and (re)composed by Sai Karthik for the telugu film Rowdy :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUfBM9QsRSM

RR
2nd April 2014, 02:00 PM
மண்ணின் மக்களுக்காக இசை நிகழ்ச்சி: இளையராஜா பேட்டி!

மண்ணின் மக்களை மகிழ்விக்கவே, மதுரையில் இசை நிகழ்ச்சி ஏற்பாடு செய்யப்பட்டுள்ளது, என, மதுரையில் இசையமைப்பாளர் இளையராஜா தெரிவித்தார். மதுரை தமுக்கம் மைதானத்தில் ஏப்ரல் 5ம் தேதி ராஜாவின் சங்கீத திருநாள் எனும் தலைப்பில் பிரமாண்ட இசை நிகழ்ச்சியை நடத்துகிறார் இசையமைப்பாளர் கார்த்திக் ராஜா. இதில் அவரது தந்தையும், இசைஞானியுமான இளையராஜா கலந்து கொண்டு பாட இருக்கிறார். அவர்களுடன் பிரபல பின்னணி பாடகர்களும் பங்கேற்க உள்ளனர்.

இந்நிலையில் இசை நிகழ்ச்சிக்காக மதுரை வந்த இளையராஜா மற்றும் கார்த்திக் ராஜா, பத்திரிகையாளர்களை சந்தித்தனர். இளையராஜா பேசும்போது, மதுரை தமுக்கத்தில் ஏப்., 5 மாலை 6 மணிக்கு, நடக்கும் நிகழ்ச்சியில் அனைவருக்கும் வாய்ப்பளிக்க வேண்டியுள்ளதால், நான் அதிக பாடல்களை பாட முடியாது. ரசிகர்களுக்காக குறிப்பிட்ட பாடல்களை பாட உள்ளேன். கனடா, மலேசியா, பிரிட்டன், ஆஸ்திரேலியா போன்ற நாடுகளிலிருந்து ரசிகர்கள் நிகழ்ச்சிக்கு வருகின்றனர். மண்ணைச் சேர்ந்த மக்கள் பார்த்து மகிழ வேண்டும் என்பதற்காக இந்நிகழ்ச்சி ஏற்பாடு செய்யப்பட்டுள்ளது. என்னுடன் 38 ஆண்டுகள் பணியாற்றிய அனைத்து இசைக்குழுவினரும் இதற்காக வந்துள்ளனர்.

suivipa
2nd April 2014, 05:48 PM
This is wonderful news
I am heading to Madurai for this musical event
This is going to my first live event and that too exclusively for the sake of Music God.
All Hubbers, please wish that the event will become a grand success encouraging IR fans and devotees to participate in many such events to come.

M Bala

Kimrep
2nd April 2014, 06:49 PM
Why not just work with IR instead of paying tributes? same goes for kamal, all talk and no action!!

rajsekar
2nd April 2014, 09:47 PM
I hope that the Madurai concert will be recorded and broadcast later (as a Puthandu feast) by a regional TV studio. As we all know, Ilayaraaja has his own whimsical ways to choose or reject a movie. We have read confirmed reports that Maestro had turned away some well-known Directors and actors when they approached him for scoring music. Moreover the music composing scene has changed dramatically with cost reduction being the main factor besides change in younger generation's music taste. Using a food parlance as an example, the Indian film music especially Hindi, Tamil and Telugu have transitioned from a traditional Thali meal style to instant fast food model. Ilayaraja has stated this fact several times during audio release functions. Though Maestro can serve an elaborate Virunthu (Symphony) or a two minutes Pizza (today's song genre), his preference is to stick to his own way of creating and composing music with live orchestration. This week I happened to watch Sathyan's movie "Puthiya Theerangal" which failed at the box-office but Maestro's songs were really melodious (a different Maestro genre). Sathyan switched to Vidyasagar last year and is back with Maestro this year. As Ilayaraja commented "Anything is possible in cinema". Old partnerships may not work in the current media frenzy movie production phase. I doubt if Kamal or Rajini would work with Maestro again - I have my own analysis for this. Ilayaraja certainly doesn't require Kamal or Rajini's endorsement/ name stamp to achieve something. The other way around is probably true because Maestro is at the zenith. Partnerships don't work when it's a one-way traffic. We will certainly revisit this issue very soon!!!!

suivipa
2nd April 2014, 10:06 PM
I for one don't have a problem when the so called creators/ Directors+ Producers return to IR when they want something earthy, emotional and grandeur at the same time.
They should not cite the reason as "marketability" "sale-ability" as a factor and worst thing "today's Youngsters" prefer these kinda music , all these aspects should be seriously confronted as it is contentious.
The argument of "fast food" has been there for quiet some time now and IR has mentioned that several times in last 10 years.
I heard several of his interviews in Malayalam , telugu and just one in kannada radio channel and he has lamented his views consistently.
still many have not taken it seriously, except that new guys come up with one or two melodies based on rural and Madurai texture and call it a great song

Russellqyw
7th April 2014, 09:54 PM
To Illayaraja Sir Fans -

We launched a new online radio with just raja sir songs in loop - http://tunein.com/radio/Illayaraja-s221556/. Please let us know your feedback / suggestions for improvement.

Those who need a streaming URL for iTunes, Windows Media Player - http://streaming.radionomy.com/Illay...tathaPadalgal-

For you comments,

https://twitter.com/illayaraja24x7
http://illayarajavinthevitathapadalg...aytheradio.com

Thanks!

rajaramsgi
8th April 2014, 12:26 AM
To Illayaraja Sir Fans -

We launched a new online radio with just raja sir songs in loop - http://tunein.com/radio/Illayaraja-s221556/.

Good Job, I am listening right now. Thank you. One dedicated link for Raja sir's songs was stopped couple of months ago, I was a bit annoyed then, but I am happy again..

dochu
8th April 2014, 03:49 PM
@illayarajafan,
Commendable effort. Thanks.

Please review your song collection again, there were songs of Chandra bose (Sellai kattum penn..), SPB (SIgaram movie) etc.

rajaramsgi
8th April 2014, 04:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD-h8ZP6OWw

அக்கட பூமியில் ராஜா சாருக்கு அளித்த மாலையும் மரியாதையும்...திருப்பதி ஜொலிப்பது இப்படி சாஸ்த்ரீயத்தை கொஞ்சமும் குறைக்காமல் குதறாமல் தெலுங்கு வாழ் மக்கள் அதை போற்றுவதால் தான்..

நம்மூரில் ராஜா சார் முகம் பார்த்து பம்மும் சினிமா காரர்களே ஜாஸ்தி.

rajabhakthan
9th April 2014, 12:54 PM
illayarajafan,

To Illayaraja Sir Fans -

We launched a new online radio with just raja sir songs in loop - http://tunein.com/radio/Illayaraja-s221556/. Please let us know your feedback / suggestions for improvement.

Those who need a streaming URL for iTunes, Windows Media Player - http://streaming.radionomy.com/Illay...tathaPadalgal-

For you comments,

https://twitter.com/illayaraja24x7
http://illayarajavinthevitathapadalg...aytheradio.com

Thanks!

Great work. I am listening to it right now. But if you can stream it through vtuner also, I am sure you will be able to reach out to more devices out there.

Russellqyw
10th April 2014, 07:03 AM
@rajaramsgi - Thank you!
@dochu - Thanks! Removed the mentioned songs from playlist.
@rajabhakthan - Thanks! Suggested the station in vTuner page

raja_fan
11th April 2014, 02:33 PM
@illayarajafan,

I also heard "Thamarai poovukkum..." from Pasumpon , in the playlist. It is by Vidyasagar, not by IR.

dochu
12th April 2014, 09:06 AM
Can anyone confirm which TV channel is broadcasting "Raja's Sangeetha thirunal' on 14th Apr? I saw Raj channel advt for 4 pm in theirs. Would like to watch in a better quality.