PDA

View Full Version : Maestro ilaiyaraaja news & titbits

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17

Anban
9th November 2012, 09:31 AM
These fellows are half baked, "wanna-be-cool-dudes" . Most of them. Doesn't mean that they are totally stupid. Just that they want to be someone else ..

musiukunit
9th November 2012, 04:05 PM
irir, i do't have any issues if someone highly dislikes and hates the kind of answers he gives. No issues. But tagging him as a jealous person ( :rotfl: to the core! ) worried about an other MD's talent is ROTFL of the decade, man!

I think the problem is when people with original and ideas different to the normal cliched trends come up they are not welcome.
Its amazing that people are so happy to listen to voices and opinions which are so cliched and seem humble that is perfectly prepared for media. They are just utterly boring, sterile views which doesnt shift them from their comfort zones or give new insights.

They expect raja to show all the cliched/boring characteristics of being humble, praise all, ignore oneself and all the marketable traits.
But raja is not the run-of-the mill human. How can you expect such a man to behave like you.

I for one have always enjoyed Raja's speeches and writings. He is very thoughtful and his speeches have given lots & lots of insight into his music making.His music is driven by spontainity and the same goes with his speeches and writings. He is the most spontaneous person, cannot hide himself even if he tries.

Past few years its a surprise and joy that he is opening up more.
He has to write more, he has to come out more and share his thoughts. To hell with people who want otherwise..

Its very important that he is doing all this. Not because it will be in his records for us to look back.
Just believe that there will be somebody who understands all this, Just like Raaja understood the greats before him.
And if all his works inspires another one to continue his legacy that would save us all...

layman10
9th November 2012, 08:01 PM
I think the problem is when people with original and ideas different to the normal cliched trends come up they are not welcome.
Its amazing that people are so happy to listen to voices and opinions which are so cliched and seem humble that is perfectly prepared for media. They are just utterly boring, sterile views which doesnt shift them from their comfort zones or give new insights.

They expect raja to show all the cliched/boring characteristics of being humble, praise all, ignore oneself and all the marketable traits.
But raja is not the run-of-the mill human. How can you expect such a man to behave like you.

I for one have always enjoyed Raja's speeches and writings. He is very thoughtful and his speeches have given lots & lots of insight into his music making.His music is driven by spontainity and the same goes with his speeches and writings. He is the most spontaneous person, cannot hide himself even if he tries.

Past few years its a surprise and joy that he is opening up more.
He has to write more, he has to come out more and share his thoughts. To hell with people who want otherwise..

Its very important that he is doing all this. Not because it will be in his records for us to look back.
Just believe that there will be somebody who understands all this, Just like Raaja understood the greats before him.
And if all his works inspires another one to continue his legacy that would save us all...

Very true. there is not many who has expressed himself truly than him.

rajaramsgi
9th November 2012, 08:02 PM
என்று முடிவுக்கு வரும் இந்த டுபுக்கு கேள்வி? அந்தாளும் விடாம இதே மாதிரி பதில தான் சொல்றார். இந்த வார ஆனந்த விகடனில் இருந்து, பாரதிராஜாவின் பேட்டி .

''பாரதிராஜா-வைரமுத்து-இளையராஜா மூவரும் இணைவது எப்போது?''
''எதுக்குச் சேரணும்? பிறக்கும்போதே ஒட்டியா பொறந்தோம்? மூணு பேருமே வெவ்வேறு பாதைகள்ல இருக்கோம். அவங்ககிட்ட போயி இந்தக் கேள்வியைக் கேளுங்க. அவங்க இணையத் தயார்னா நானும் தயார். உங்க விருப்பம் நிறைவேற வாழ்த்துகள்!''

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
9th November 2012, 08:04 PM
http://nakkheeran.in/UltimateEditorInclude/UserFiles/udayam/2012/nov/palanibharathi.jpg

SoftSword
9th November 2012, 08:10 PM
nice one...
the first two stanzas are awesome after which it gets boring!

rajaramsgi
9th November 2012, 09:21 PM
nice one...
the first two stanzas are awesome after which it gets boring!

ஒரு சாமானியன் இந்த கவிதையை எழுதி இருந்தால் நிச்சயம் நான் ரசித்திருப்பேன். அவரிடம் பாட்டு எழுதுபவர்கள் இது போன்ற கவிதைகளை எழுதுவது அவ்வளவாக நன்றாக இல்லை. மிகவும் செயற்கையாக தெரிகிறது.

அதற்காக பழனிபாரதி ராஜா சாரை காக்கை பிடிக்கிறார் என்று சொல்லவில்லை.

SVN
10th November 2012, 05:08 PM
தமிழ் நாட்டில் மட்டும் இப்படி புகழ் 'ஏந்திகள்' புலவர் அரசன் என்ற உறவைத் தக்க வைத்துக்கொண்டு இருக்கிறார்கள். இது, குறிப்பாக, அரசியல் மற்றும் சினிமாவில் தான் அதிகமாகக்காணப்படுகிறது! அரசன் 'பொற்கிழி' கொடுப்பான், படி அளப்பான் என்ற நம்பிக்கை இதற்கு முக்கிய காரணம். அடுத்து, இந்த சந்தடி சாக்கில் தன் பெயரையும் நாளும் பேர் தெரிந்து கொள்ளட்டுமே என்று ஒரு நப்பாசை!

"அடை மொழி மற்றும் பட்டங்கள் கொடுக்கும் கலாசாரம்" மற்றும் "தமிழ்நாட்டின் போஸ்டர் ஒட்டும் கலாச்சாரம்" என்ற தலைப்புகளில் டாக்டர் பட்டம் பெற பலரும் முயற்சி செய்யலாம். எங்கு பார்த்தாலும், ஒருத்தன் அடுத்தவனைக் காக்காய் பிடிக்க, ஒரு பட்டபெயர் கொடுக்கிறான், மற்றும் போஸ்டர் ஓட்டுகிறான். Flex-banner க்கு நம்பர் ஒண் வாடிக்கையாளர்கள் நம் தமிழ் நாட்டில் தான் இருக்கிறார்கள்! பிறப்பு முதல் இறப்பு வரை, வாழ்வில் அனைத்து நாட்களும் இன்று ப்ளெக்ஸ் போர்டு தயவில்தான் 'கொண்டாடப்' படுகின்றன. நட்பின் ஆழம் கூட இன்று ப்ளெக்ஸ் போர்டின் பட்ஜெட்டில் தான் அளக்கப்படுகிறது என்று பலர் நம்புகிறார்கள்!

பழநி பாரதியின் இந்தக்கவிதையை பொறுத்த வரை, வாரமலர் போன்ற பத்திரிகைகளில் பிரசுரத்துக்கு நிராகரிக்கப்படும் மிகச்சுமாரான அமச்சூர் கவிதை மாதிரி தான் இருக்கிறது.

வாலி, வைரமுத்து போன்றவர்கள் போட்ட பாதையில் இவரும் பயணிக்கிறார் போல!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
10th November 2012, 09:25 PM
yes, post pannaamale irunthirukkalaam, pretty ordinary one

appushiva
11th November 2012, 01:29 PM
Dear All,

The Poet Pazhani Bharathi Kavithai is just marvelous which had come from his heart. This is required to the entertainment industry , that still people are concerned, and in need of quality music. The last two lines made my goosebumps..

You are seeing God ... ( in Music)
We are seeing you..

Ture lines......... by the way , for long time i have to give reply to "Plum" who said the songs of NEPV are average, No it is not. It is indeed a mastercraft with amazing sounds and raaga's , the songs has all the ingredients of Love, anguish, appeal , request, outbreak , sensuous , in the form of opera music.

A treat of us ,, if somebody feels still it is not up to the expectation, then choose to hear the song after a gap of 6 months,, it will be good.

Regards

venkkiram
11th November 2012, 02:02 PM
உன் ஆரோகணம்
மேகம்
உன் அவரோகணம்
மழை

நீயின்றி அமையாது உலகு

அழகான உவமைகள்.. தேர்ந்த சொற்கட்டுமானங்கள்! நல்ல கவிதை. எளிமையாகவும் அதே நேரத்தில் சுவையாகவும் இருக்கும் இந்தக் கவிதையைப் பாராட்டுங்கள்.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
11th November 2012, 11:19 PM
https://www.facebook.com/Ilayathalam/posts/517694961576205?comment_id=6382716&offset=0&total_comments=73

272 people liking this post doesn't help ilayathalam in organising the show

Guys in FB pls go to the above link and press like button. Share it with friends so we cross 1000 'like's! :)

rajaramsgi
11th November 2012, 11:48 PM
நான் சொன்னால் என்னிடம் நிறைய பேர் சண்டைக்கு வருவார்கள்.சொல்லாமலும் இருக்க முடியவில்லை. ரெண்டு நாள் வெயிட் பண்ணி தான் இதை இங்கு போஸ்ட் பண்ணுகிறேன். ராஜா சாரிடம் மைக் கொடுக்காமல் இருப்பதே நல்லது. நீங்களே கேளுங்க அவரோட டிராக் எப்படியெல்லாம் போயிட்டு வருகிறதென்று.. அதிலும் அந்த "நான் ஸ்க்ரீன்" மேட்டர் ரொம்ப ஜாஸ்தி. சலிப்பை தருகிறது.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2P1_L5W42g

MumbaiRamki
12th November 2012, 07:47 AM
நான் சொன்னால் என்னிடம் நிறைய பேர் சண்டைக்கு வருவார்கள்.சொல்லாமலும் இருக்க முடியவில்லை. ரெண்டு நாள் வெயிட் பண்ணி தான் இதை இங்கு போஸ்ட் பண்ணுகிறேன். ராஜா சாரிடம் மைக் கொடுக்காமல் இருப்பதே நல்லது. நீங்களே கேளுங்க அவரோட டிராக் எப்படியெல்லாம் போயிட்டு வருகிறதென்று.. அதிலும் அந்த "நான் ஸ்க்ரீன்" மேட்டர் ரொம்ப ஜாஸ்தி. சலிப்பை தருகிறது.

Naan Screen has to be understood in 'his' perspective, not the way we normally see how an egoistic person showcases his skill. The way he composes, he does not think what kind of music should be done for a film . When movies are shown , whatever emotion that comes to his mind , finds a relay to his music and it naturally comes representing the soul of the film .That way , he is the screen on which movies are shown and he is proud of tht .

And no one has the courage to say Music is not 'Market ' in an audio launch - Any other composer, would have humbly smiled and accepted , not Raaja !! I bow down !

baroque
12th November 2012, 09:39 AM
it's ok to feel salippu sometimes with Raja's matters! :)
Salippu is a real feeling just like emotions of Raja's music!

Yes... you are everything most of the times for some of us!:ty:
that's why I closed my eyes, meditated with
உறவெனும் புதிய வானில் பறந்ததே இதய மோகம்......
DIVINE, FRESH AND ROMANTIC are You in Your music!:musicsmile:
DIWALI- 2012 NAMASKARAM TO YOU, RAJA!
Vinatha.

Punnaimaran
12th November 2012, 12:30 PM
And no one has the courage to say Music is not 'Market ' in an audio launch - Any other composer, would have humbly smiled and accepted , not Raaja !! I bow down !
Exactly, he doesn't score music to gain market. He conveys his emotions through music.

venkkiram
12th November 2012, 07:09 PM
Surprised to see IR being so kind enough and encouraging younger buds like Devi Sri Prasad. Impressed very much in watching IR move with people of DSP caliber in music. Wish DSP gets some workshop from IR on musical process. Let the followers of Raja music get the opportunity of life time.

senthilv.com
13th November 2012, 05:04 AM

:) When Raja says "Naan Screen", he doesn't mean film won't happen without him (I assume that's the interpretation taken here). He means, he doesn't know any music, and the film goes through him (Or projects into him) turning into music. If the film is not projected into the frame, there is no cinema but screen is just a tool. Raja also sees himself as tool, that when possessed by appropriate emotions, outputs music. Hence no emotion, there is no film, no music, no Raja. He is not being egotistical here but humble or self-depreciating. He has repeated this point in other forums with different analogies. He just happened to use "screen" analogy here.

When I see this video, I feel bad for him. I see him as a true artist, a talent wasted most of the time and caught in a industry, that 99% of time, bereft of artistic value, integrity and respect for craft. The fixation with making a film/music huge hit is nauseating. The bug is with the audience too. We are never satisfied with saying "Great film" or "Great music" or "Great acting". We follow it up with it comments like, it will be super hit, 100 days for sure, etc... How many of us here were interested to find out if NEPV broke the record in sales and sold for high price etc... As if, only that will justify the quality of the music. This notion of huge hit = great film/music is just plain absurd but we all inexplicably get caught up in that notion.

Nowadays I'm trying to harmonize this negative feeling with a counter view... that ppl just care for a filmmaker/producer/musician to succeed and want to help them! But to only work for a Hit or to work on a film or music with a sole notion of making it a hit is bit offensive to the craft you practice. Being a filmmaker and speaking from personal experience, I can say this, whenever I tried to write for market, it sucked or if it was good, it still missed something. Whenever I get angry at something, get bothered by something, or love something deeply, and then tried to expressed it in film, there was always this unexplainable "x" factor that moved ppl and me, more than I can explain.

It is worth repeating that for Raja, all things begin with story, characters, emotions and ideas. Rest is out of his hand and he cannot control it. He has worked long enough to know, he should not care about the rewards. He has gained this incredible ability to compartmentalize creation of songs and the success that it brings. He does not let lack of success affect his creativity and his process of creation. This is just so hard for any artist, at any level to do. If I'm allowed to go into superlatives, he is not just Isaignani but we could also call him Isaiyogi. Isai is his karma. Now, coming to market? What market??? ;)

brigs
13th November 2012, 07:40 PM
Senthilv.com,

Being a raja fan it must have been really very easy for you to oversee things, so just sharing a counter view to your points....

:) When Raja says "Naan Screen", he doesn't mean film won't happen without him (I assume that's the interpretation taken here). He means, he doesn't know any music, and the film goes through him (Or projects into him) turning into music. If the film is not projected into the frame, there is no cinema but screen is just a tool. Raja also sees himself as tool, that when possessed by appropriate emotions, outputs music. Hence no emotion, there is no film, no music, no Raja. He is not being egotistical here but humble or self-depreciating. He has repeated this point in other forums with different analogies. He just happened to use "screen" analogy here.
Self-depreciating????? wow... are we so blindfolded or born just yesterday? You may want to note his hand gesture when saying "will there be a screen without cinema?" - and then he points to himself saying "music(he) is not what you think, its something that can't be marketed...". I can clearly see his head weighing zillion...gazillion tons. Your posts seems to ignore it. Perfectly understandable when you love the person. I can't say that I love the person as much as I love his music. He trys to be modest yet bearing very heavy weight on his shoulders - comes off inadvertently in every such outings from none other than the man himself.

When I see this video, I feel bad for him. I see him as a true artist, a talent wasted most of the time and caught in a industry, that 99% of time, bereft of artistic value, integrity and respect for craft. The fixation with making a film/music huge hit is nauseating. The bug is with the audience too. We are never satisfied with saying "Great film" or "Great music" or "Great acting". We follow it up with it comments like, it will be super hit, 100 days for sure, etc... How many of us here were interested to find out if NEPV broke the record in sales and sold for high price etc... As if, only that will justify the quality of the music. This notion of huge hit = great film/music is just plain absurd but we all inexplicably get caught up in that notion.

Nowadays I'm trying to harmonize this negative feeling with a counter view... that ppl just care for a filmmaker/producer/musician to succeed and want to help them! But to only work for a Hit or to work on a film or music with a sole notion of making it a hit is bit offensive to the craft you practice. Being a filmmaker and speaking from personal experience, I can say this, whenever I tried to write for market, it sucked or if it was good, it still missed something. Whenever I get angry at something, get bothered by something, or love something deeply, and then tried to expressed it in film, there was always this unexplainable "x" factor that moved ppl and me, more than I can explain.
he is a great artist alright, but What makes you think his talent is wasted? Whatever popularity he's got is what he would've got and deservedly so. Let's not blame the audience for nauseating - his music is spontaneous and such distractions might not intervene. If Raja wants to make music for the sake of just music, there are countless other avenues. NEPV is a movie - involves teamwork. Without GVM, it wouldn't have happened. Let's not kid ourselves here - you being a filmmaker, would you not want your music to be commercially hit so you can be profitable? If a core member of a team doesn't care about profitability and operate in a mind of his/her own, you would arrange him/her a royal departure. Raja music is loved by the masses and therefore roped in by the makers for profits. NEPV isn't a art but a commercial film - make no mistake about it.

It is worth repeating that for Raja, all things begin with story, characters, emotions and ideas. Rest is out of his hand and he cannot control it. He has worked long enough to know, he should not care about the rewards. He has gained this incredible ability to compartmentalize creation of songs and the success that it brings. He does not let lack of success affect his creativity and his process of creation. This is just so hard for any artist, at any level to do. If I'm allowed to go into superlatives, he is not just Isaignani but we could also call him Isaiyogi. Isai is his karma. Now, coming to market? What market??? ;)

Karma? what karma?

layman10
13th November 2012, 08:56 PM
Senthilv.com,

Being a raja fan it must have been really very easy for you to oversee things, so just sharing a counter view to your points....

From what you know about Raja so far, can you write few lines about his; belief, outlook, philosophy etc in music as a art form?. You may say why should I care. But without knowing what you know, there is no point answering you. It will lead to no where.

brigs
14th November 2012, 10:00 AM
From what you know about Raja so far, can you write few lines about his; belief, outlook, philosophy etc in music as a art form?. You may say why should I care. But without knowing what you know, there is no point answering you. It will lead to no where.

layman10,
Can you enlighten us by writing few lines? That would also help me understand how deeper you are into him and whether counter viewpoints will actually be heard or not.
Thanks,

musiukunit
14th November 2012, 11:22 AM
[QUOTE=brigs;978684]Senthilv.com,

he is a great artist alright, but What makes you think his talent is wasted? Whatever popularity he's got is what he would've got and deservedly so. Let's not blame the audience for nauseating - his music is spontaneous and such distractions might not intervene. If Raja wants to make music for the sake of just music, there are countless other avenues. NEPV is a movie - involves teamwork. Without GVM, it wouldn't have happened. Let's not kid ourselves here - you being a filmmaker, would you not want your music to be commercially hit so you can be profitable? If a core member of a team doesn't care about profitability and operate in a mind of his/her own, you would arrange him/her a royal departure. Raja music is loved by the masses and therefore roped in by the makers for profits. NEPV isn't a art but a commercial film - make no mistake about it.
QUOTE]

Oh My..Another Raja Bashing

Ok so What are other avenues available for Raja. His how to name it is zillion times better than NEPV but can we compare the sales of both albums.
Our guys dont even understand what Orchestral music is and Raja has to beg for not whistling when music is played.
If this is the scenario now what would have been scenario in 70s, 80s, 90s. Most people use to hear music only in tea shops.
How could he done experimental stuff and taken it to the general audience.

Cinema has carried Raja's songs to general public. Raja has understood that and struck to cinmea. And true to his profession he has not just concentrated on songs but given cinema life with his background score. Atleast South India has completely enjoyed Raja due to cinema. If he had just followed expriemental stuff his reach would have been very limited.

Yes without GVM it would not have happened. Without Sony music it would not happened. Without Raja's car driver it would not have happened.
Raja's music has been as good if not better in Thandavakone, Azhagarsamiyin Kudhirai, Dhoni, Rama Rajyam in the recent past and just because GVM's movie is of Pop culture everybody have opened their ears and say credit to GVM..Its funny really.
Raja would do it for GVM, MVG, VGM or any goddamn director. Just that GVM is able to market songs better.

I donno why people are obssessed with team work, Modesty, humility, humbleness. Boring really.I adore raja for speaking his mind. Not trying to hide himself from stupid humility. Its a joy that he is opening up more these days . He has to speak more, write more and come out more. To hell with people who want otherwise.

And for what he has done for us he can talk anything he wants.

senthilv.com
14th November 2012, 12:08 PM
I welcome ur counter view.

Senthilv.com,

Could be. I don't think I'm blind and I don't idolize him. If you have a point, put it forward, we can discuss. I prefer you not make judgements on who I am and what my feelings are towards him.

Self-depreciating????? wow... are we so blindfolded or born just yesterday? You may want to note his hand gesture when saying "will there be a screen without cinema?" - and then he points to himself saying "music(he) is not what you think, its something that can't be marketed...". I can clearly see his head weighing zillion...gazillion tons. Your posts seems to ignore it.

Already explained my view, he is not talking about himself but about music (not even his music). He is not equating music with himself. Look at the overall point he is making...He doesn't know music, which is self-depreciating anyway you look at it.

he is a great artist alright, but What makes you think his talent is wasted? Whatever popularity he's got is what he would've got and deservedly so. Let's not blame the audience for nauseating - his music is spontaneous and such distractions might not intervene. If Raja wants to make music for the sake of just music, there are countless other avenues.

He did try all possible avenues. Nothing But Wind, How to Name it, The unreleased Symphony, Thiruvasagam. It is hard to argue the level of seriousness, scope, depth and artistic level of these works. Who knows what was in store in the unreleased symphony? What other kind of works would we have seen if he had opportunity other than routine film music? Also these were his own initiatives, few musicians in India attempted such endeavors.

NEPV is a movie - involves teamwork. Without GVM, it wouldn't have happened. Let's not kid ourselves here - NEPV isn't a art but a commercial film - make no mistake about it.

Exactly my point. Although he singlehandedly made ppl star, made a film box office success and make us go back to unknown films, watch songs with atrocious picturization etc... It requires a good team or someone with a vision to get good work out of him because they have come with him asking something different. Not the same old stuff. The important point is, his music is loved by the masses, not because they are commercial. Masses are not thinking about making his song hit, they love his music because it is great! By product of that is, you get a hit. But producers are not worried about making great music, they want to make a hit. Don't you see the irony?

Also NEPV music is pretty close to an artful music we will get in an Indian film score!

Let's not kid ourselves here - you being a filmmaker, would you not want your music to be commercially hit so you can be profitable?

No. Commercial success is not the only criteria. I have rejected commercial stories/offers to pursue a film story I deeply care. Luckily, I have that choice Raja doesn't. He can pick and choose films but cannot initiate the vision of a film. He has to work within the vision (if at all there is one) that is offered to him.

if a core member of a team doesn't care about profitability and operate in a mind of his/her own, you would arrange him/her a royal departure.

it is a misunderstanding to say he doesn't care about profits and hits. His view is music cannot be sold. Not that, it shouldn't make profit. When our elders wish us, they say, live 100 years with all the happiness, love, prosperity, family life and peace. They don't just say live 100 years. When someone says his music will be hit. It will make super sales like NEPV, without mentioning it's artistic merit, they are wishing you just 100 years. It is superficial, short sighted and exploitative in Raja's case. Raja took the mic to set it straight. His view is counter-view to start with. He didn't interject and give an unnecessary speech.

Thanks,
Senthil

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
14th November 2012, 02:14 PM

Atleast with Raja, let us be true and real fans of his art only. No need to do character analysis and declare he is white or black.

And we are not ready to see the grey areas too! See rajaramsgi, you feel tired of this kind of talks by raja but there are many speeches where he praises and recognizes younger talents, which you could have easily missed too. So better give no more attention to these things

And also never forget to skip IlayathaLam website and its FB page! See below!

Ilayathalam
Updating soon about our website where you can directly interact with Maestro. It will feature 1 hour chat sessions every month with Maestro where he will answer your questions (i.e. if he likes your question) directly.

NormalMan
15th November 2012, 03:22 AM
Screw teamwork / collaboration. Strokes of genius / innovations have never (or rarely) been done through collaboration. Be it Thirukural or Relativity Theory or Four Seasons or Sri Thiyagarajar and many more .....

Teamwork / collaboration in art is for wussies.

xabisore
15th November 2012, 03:38 AM
what Raja sir saying is "veenaiyin narambil isai varuma'? meetuvathu yaro..

he is just an interface and music flows through himm.. thats all he says.. there is no head wighing here..

thanks
Kanann

K
15th November 2012, 05:06 AM
http://solvanam.com/?p=22579

தேவனின் கோயில் மூடிய நேரம், நான் என்ன கேட்பேன் தெய்வமே’. அவர் பாட ஆரம்பித்த அந்த நொடியில் என் மனம் கலங்க ஆரம்பித்தது. ஆனால் பாட்டு போகப் போக டீச்சரின் கூச்சம் மறைந்து அந்தப் பாடலுக்குள் மூழ்கிக்கொண்டிருந்தார். முகத்தில் அத்தனை துலக்கம். . ‘நானொரு சோக சுமைதாங்கி’ என்று சரணத்தைத் தொடங்கும் போது குரலில் அத்தனை உருக்கம். தலையைக் குனிந்தவாறே பாடியபடி ’மறந்தாதால்தானே நிம் . . . .மதி’ என்று முடித்துவிட்டு, வலிய வரவழைத்த சிரிப்புடன் நிமிர்ந்தார்

brigs
15th November 2012, 09:15 AM
I welcome ur counter view.

Could be. I don't think I'm blind and I don't idolize him. If you have a point, put it forward, we can discuss. I prefer you not make judgements on who I am and what my feelings are towards him.

Already explained my view, he is not talking about himself but about music (not even his music). He is not equating music with himself. Look at the overall point he is making...He doesn't know music, which is self-depreciating anyway you look at it.

He did try all possible avenues. Nothing But Wind, How to Name it, The unreleased Symphony, Thiruvasagam. It is hard to argue the level of seriousness, scope, depth and artistic level of these works. Who knows what was in store in the unreleased symphony? What other kind of works would we have seen if he had opportunity other than routine film music? Also these were his own initiatives, few musicians in India attempted such endeavors.

Exactly my point. Although he singlehandedly made ppl star, made a film box office success and make us go back to unknown films, watch songs with atrocious picturization etc... It requires a good team or someone with a vision to get good work out of him because they have come with him asking something different. Not the same old stuff. The important point is, his music is loved by the masses, not because they are commercial. Masses are not thinking about making his song hit, they love his music because it is great! By product of that is, you get a hit. But producers are not worried about making great music, they want to make a hit. Don't you see the irony?

Also NEPV music is pretty close to an artful music we will get in an Indian film score!

No. Commercial success is not the only criteria. I have rejected commercial stories/offers to pursue a film story I deeply care. Luckily, I have that choice Raja doesn't. He can pick and choose films but cannot initiate the vision of a film. He has to work within the vision (if at all there is one) that is offered to him.

it is a misunderstanding to say he doesn't care about profits and hits. His view is music cannot be sold. Not that, it shouldn't make profit. When our elders wish us, they say, live 100 years with all the happiness, love, prosperity, family life and peace. They don't just say live 100 years. When someone says his music will be hit. It will make super sales like NEPV, without mentioning it's artistic merit, they are wishing you just 100 years. It is superficial, short sighted and exploitative in Raja's case. Raja took the mic to set it straight. His view is counter-view to start with. He didn't interject and give an unnecessary speech.

Thanks,
Senthil

Passing judgments on you was not my intention, i don't want to side track our views by dwelling too much into your wrongful inference.

Many seem to nod their heads in coherence, clap, whistle, or whatever when he says he doesn't know music. All the notes that he writes, what is it then? Divine intervention anybody, any takers? This isn't self-depreciating. It's called self-boasting, imho. The breathing analogy that IR used in the video posted is ample example. I ain't deluded.

I disagree with many of your views and don't have the time to engage further.

senthilv.com
15th November 2012, 10:27 AM
Passing judgments on you was not my intention, i don't want to side track our views by dwelling too much into your wrongful inference.

Many seem to nod their heads in coherence, clap, whistle, or whatever when he says he doesn't know music. All the notes that he writes, what is it then? Divine intervention anybody, any takers? This isn't self-depreciating. It's called self-boasting, imho. The breathing analogy that IR used in the video posted is ample example. I ain't deluded.

Classic cop out. The last time I will ever engage you.

raja_fan
15th November 2012, 11:10 AM
http://solvanam.com/?p=22579

தேவனின் கோயில் மூடிய நேரம், நான் என்ன கேட்பேன் தெய்வமே’. அவர் பாட ஆரம்பித்த அந்த நொடியில் என் மனம் கலங்க ஆரம்பித்தது. ஆனால் பாட்டு போகப் போக டீச்சரின் கூச்சம் மறைந்து அந்தப் பாடலுக்குள் மூழ்கிக்கொண்டிருந்தார். முகத்தில் அத்தனை துலக்கம். . ‘நானொரு சோக சுமைதாங்கி’ என்று சரணத்தைத் தொடங்கும் போது குரலில் அத்தனை உருக்கம். தலையைக் குனிந்தவாறே பாடியபடி ’மறந்தாதால்தானே நிம் . . . .மதி’ என்று முடித்துவிட்டு, வலிய வரவழைத்த சிரிப்புடன் நிமிர்ந்தார்

If anyone asks me "What is the most special song out of the 5000+ songs of IR ?" , I would say "Devanin koilil.."

Yes..the most special because of the capacity of this song to grind your heart...Kudos also to director Kumar, actress Pallavi (the director is her husband I think ) etc.

What a song !!!

NormalMan
15th November 2012, 11:56 AM
Interesting ....
http://twtmore.com/tweet/eTK1j

raja_fan
15th November 2012, 12:39 PM
Interesting ....
http://twtmore.com/tweet/eTK1j

Who is this person ?

Anyways, IR will simply reject any Rajni projects.

Rumours about "IR in Shivaji" were hot when Shankar attended Bhavatha's wedding and had a handshake with IR..but rumours became just rumours..this one also looks the same...

SoftSword
15th November 2012, 04:04 PM
who is this ursshruthi...
skv... idam sutti porul vilakkunga...

layman10
15th November 2012, 07:37 PM

Our dreams are all with in our limits of intelligence, but you cannot consciously intervene. It can be like that. I don't agree with every thing Raja says. There are many things I despise, but it is all with in his freedom. But when he talks about music, he has been consistent for years, this line of talk was there all along from 80s.

venkkiram
16th November 2012, 02:39 AM
If anyone asks me "What is the most special song out of the 5000+ songs of IR ?" , I would say "Devanin koilil.."

Yes..the most special because of the capacity of this song to grind your heart...Kudos also to director Kumar, actress Pallavi (the director is her husband I think ) etc.

What a song !!! தேவனின் கோயில் பாடலை பல முறை கேட்க நேர்ந்தாலும் மனதில் அதை என்றுமே சோக கீதமாக நிலைநிறுத்த முடியவில்லை. ராஜா இசையில் புகழ்பெற்ற சோக கீதங்கள் எல்லாமே பாடல் ஆரம்பித்து முடியும் வரை இசையும், வரிகளும் அந்த உணர்வுகளை தெளித்துக் கொண்டே செல்லக்கூடியவை. பாடல் வரிகள், குரலைத் தவிர.. பாடல் முழுவதும் பின்னணி இசையில் சோக உணர்வுக்கான இசைக் குறிப்புக்களை தேட வேண்டியிருக்கிறது. இரண்டாம் இடையிசை - ராஜாவின் "தந்தன தந்தன" - துள்ளலான பாடலுக்கு அப்படியே வாடகைக்கு விடலாம். "தேவனின் கோயில்" பாடல் - நல்ல மெலடி என்ற நிலையில்தான் இருக்கிறது இன்றும். சுகா எழுதியிருக்கும் உணர்வுகளை என்றுமே நான் எட்டியதில்லை. ஆச்சர்யமாகவும் அதீதமாகவும் தோன்றுகிறது. பாடலையொட்டிய ஒவ்வொரு ரசிகனின் உணர்வுகளும் வெவ்வேறு என கருதிக்கொள்கிறேன். ராஜாவின் இசையில் சோக கேதங்கள் என பட்டியலிட்டால் முதல் நூறு இடங்களில் கூட என்னால் இந்தப் பாடலை அடைக்க முடியாது.

suresh
16th November 2012, 05:42 PM
Venki,
That's because you're looking at it if it was black or white. Neither. It's a fine shade of grey which is a special Raaja genre by itself called "mensogam" (melliya sogam), one that encompasses longing, trepidation, betrayal, dejection and myriad other feelings of the "disappointment to unhappy to sad to devastation" band. "Pathos" at its artistic best. Not explicit in announcing its emotions with a big bang, rather it's a feeling that creeps on you just as the mist envelops the mountaintop on what was a clear sunny day minutes ago. If you didn't understand it from Suka's or Raja_Fan's perspective, you're perhaps cast from a different emotional stone. How does Raaja evoke this? Alchemy, known to the exalted few. Without having to resort to vocal histrionics or obviously emotive instrumentation (which he does when he has go the whole distance or be blatant), it's also so well integrated into the format of a 'nature song' or 'female solo' or a 'romantic duet' that the lay listener can enjoy it for its sheer melodic content even if he/she didn't quite get to the emotional core. Perhaps, it requires something akin to an "Intel Inside" campaign to alert listeners to this very subtle, subliminal range of emotions embedded in the conventional film song format. There are literally hundreds, but let me just leave with 5 examples that are top of mind:

1 Uravugal Thodarkathai (Aval Appadithan)
2 Alli Thantha Bhoomi (Nandu)
3 Azhagiya Kanne (Uthiripookkal)
4 Ye Thendrale (Nenjathai Killathe)
5 Athikalai Nerame (Meendum Oru Kaathal Kathai)

senthilv.com
17th November 2012, 06:17 AM
தேவனின் கோயில் பாடலை பல முறை கேட்க நேர்ந்தாலும் மனதில் அதை என்றுமே சோக கீதமாக நிலைநிறுத்த முடியவில்லை. ராஜா இசையில் புகழ்பெற்ற சோக கீதங்கள் எல்லாமே பாடல் ஆரம்பித்து முடியும் வரை இசையும், வரிகளும் அந்த உணர்வுகளை தெளித்துக் கொண்டே செல்லக்கூடியவை. பாடல் வரிகள், குரலைத் தவிர.. பாடல் முழுவதும் பின்னணி இசையில் சோக உணர்வுக்கான இசைக் குறிப்புக்களை தேட வேண்டியிருக்கிறது. இரண்டாம் இடையிசை - ராஜாவின் "தந்தன தந்தன" - துள்ளலான பாடலுக்கு அப்படியே வாடகைக்கு விடலாம். "தேவனின் கோயில்" பாடல் - நல்ல மெலடி என்ற நிலையில்தான் இருக்கிறது இன்றும். சுகா எழுதியிருக்கும் உணர்வுகளை என்றுமே நான் எட்டியதில்லை. ஆச்சர்யமாகவும் அதீதமாகவும் தோன்றுகிறது. பாடலையொட்டிய ஒவ்வொரு ரசிகனின் உணர்வுகளும் வெவ்வேறு என கருதிக்கொள்கிறேன். ராஜாவின் இசையில் சோக கேதங்கள் என பட்டியலிட்டால் முதல் நூறு இடங்களில் கூட என்னால் இந்தப் பாடலை அடைக்க முடியாது.

You have a very valid reason to feel this way. The beauty of these type of Raja songs is, we can take away what we like or see what we want to see. It is just that, the song has lots of colors in it. What color you are drawn towards depends on your taste and affinity.

This is doesn't mean the song is ambiguous. I haven't seen the film but the situation seems like, our Nayagi is singing about her helplessness of not being able to consummate with her love/lover. Hence feels lonely and wishes for happy times. Raja decides use wishing for better love as a dominant emotion and helplessness/separation as a secondary emotion. So the tune itself is very melancholic but Raja balances it, for the most part with wishful-love-laced beginning, orchestration and ornamentation. In a way, melancholic may be right word rather than sadness. (Anyone know what the actual situation in the film?)

Some melancholic parts in the song.

1. The basslines evokes dejected mood, especially in the pallavi, when all other instruments are very happy and hopeful. The phaser pedal is used to give a lingering feel.
2. Flute piece in the 1st interlude is melancholic.
3. Lyrics "naanoru sOga sumai thaangi, thunbam thaangum idi thaangi" is heavily melancholic.
4. In fact the lyrics is sad but it is Raja's music that adds "wishful" & "love" color to the song.
5. The orchestra in the saranam is actually sad. Only point where it gets really heavy.
6. At 1:30 min mark, the guitar piece gives a lovely melancholic touch.
7. At 2:30 min mark, the orchestra piece in the second interlude clearly melancholic. This is just before "Thanthana.. thana.. nana" piece.

Lastly my fav...

Raja uses a hopeful, wishful shloka type opening to create a prayer wish, sets up the temple mood, before opening with the line "Devanin Kovilil". Also notice that how this shloka opening itself gives so many different colors and moods. Continues this Kovil setting with kovil bells in 1st interlude.

Seems like a straight forward song but Raja is expertly weaving music with different colors and making us feel multitude of emotions.

PS: In case, it is difficult to follow, "Paadava Un Paadalai" from Naan Paadum Paadal is in similar range, similar irony....Happy occasion contrasted by heavy melancholic mood and expressed bit more outwardly. So that may help to relate.

musiukunit
17th November 2012, 02:28 PM
Its great to see so many views on Devanin Kovil. Rajas works are like epics allowing the space for so many interpretations.

For me in Devanin kovil what strikes me the most is his audacity to have a hindu chant to start for a christian flavour song and having everything look in order.

I mean can we even think about this? How would you start a christian song?
With church bell sounds, WCM piece or gregorian style chants..

But when raja starts the song you think its a hindu song and then comes the melting devanin kovil. Particularly "nanenna ketpen deivame" brings that great soulful feel that you get when you are alone in a church.Then the interludes which is a faster rhythm and still he belts down melody.

musiukunit
17th November 2012, 02:38 PM
Without having to resort to vocal histrionics or obviously emotive instrumentation (which he does when he has go the whole distance or be blatant)

Well said..I think he more often than not unless for obvious reasons does that..His melodies always have a faster time scale.His fast beats always have melodies.He never follows the plain vanilla pattern for his songs..he treats it as an insult to his creativity

Raja is really a rebellious kid at heart. When something is demanded from him his instinct would be to exactly do the opposite.That is why his works are full of surprises and audacious attempts

Gregorysab
18th November 2012, 10:22 AM
Prakash Raj all set to direct his next film which will have music by Ilaiyaraaja: http://www.telugucinema.com/c/publish/news/ulavacharu_nov162012.php

kameshratnam
18th November 2012, 12:04 PM
Ilayathalam
Levels of subscriptions on ilayathalam:
Friends of ilayathalam's FB page as on 18/11/2012 will already advance to L1 - Silver subscription on our website when it launches.
L1 which is next to free subscription will allow you to post on Maestro's page (approved by moderators), get ringtones every month and also receive any one CD or book signed by Maestro.
More updates coming soon.

appushiva
18th November 2012, 02:03 PM
Dear All,

Devanin Koil - Song , I used to hear often, when i am in low of energy. Whenever i hear i imagine about a women who is in unbearable sorrow, sings towards god seeking console, the sorrow may be a love failure, childless, cure and healing , whatever difficulites a women can struggle to overcome in this world. This song suits for all the occasion we imagine. Only today i checked in the youtube and find the vedio but disappointed that it is a title song where women keep riding a moped.
Never mind Raja sir given a golden egg to us , which never get off from the mind. A turly divine song which i also shared in my facebook page.

Regards

appushiva
18th November 2012, 02:22 PM
Again for the same song "Devanin Koil",, I forget to add one thing. As Kamal hassan told IR songs are, even it is made for sad situations, a person in grieve hears the song and feels consoled. This song gives us the message that , Humand kind will get difficulties , but we have to deal with in a positive way, not losing hope.

Similiar songs from my thoughts are:

1. Vellai pura onru
2. Chittuku chell chittuku oru

Regards

kingvj
18th November 2012, 09:59 PM
Continuing on the same digression on melodic melancholies, listen to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs8CNiHFmWg .. I don't understand a word of it but for the life of me, can't help tears falling off my eyes.

rajaramsgi
19th November 2012, 09:18 PM
சென்ற வார அனந்த விகடன் பொக்கிஷத்திலிருந்து... கவரிமான் கம்போசிங்கில் எடுத்த போட்டோ..

rajaramsgi
19th November 2012, 09:28 PM
சென்ற வார ஆனந்த விகடன் மேடையில் வைரமுத்துவின் பதில்கள். இந்த பதிலில் பாதி எனக்கு ரொம்ப பிடிச்சிருந்தது, அதனால் அதை இங்கே தருகிறேன். ஆனால் அண்ணன் என்ன சொல்ல வரார்னு தான் தெரியலை. (பார்க்க: ஒரு தலைமுறை கடந்துவிட்டது. சமூகம் இடம்பெயர்ந்துவிட்டது. சரக்கு உன்னதமாக இருந்தாலும் சந்தையின் தேவை மாறிவிட்டது). தெள்ள தமிழில் குழப்பி விட்டால் போதும் என்று நினைத்துவிட்டார். தலைமுறை கடந்தாலும், தங்கம் தங்கம் தான் என்பது அண்ணன் வைரமுத்துவிற்கு புரியுமா?

''பாரதிராஜா - இளையராஜா - வைரமுத்து கூட்டணி இனிமேல் சாத்தியமா?''
''நீண்ட ஆண்டுகளாகக் கேட்கப்படும் இந்தக் கேள்விக்கு என் மௌனமே பதிலாக இருந்தது. இன்று அந்தப் போலி மௌனத்தின் பூட்டை உடைக்கிறேன்.
பாரதிராஜா - இளையராஜா இருவரும் தமிழ் சினிமாவில் தடம் சமைத்தவர்கள்; தத்தம் துறையில் தலைமை பூண்டவர்கள். அவர்கள் பெற்ற வெற்றியில்தான் நான் ஒட்டிக்கொண்டேனே தவிர, என்னால் அவர்கள் வெற்றிபெற வேண்டிய அவசியம் இல்லை. ஏனென்றால், என் வருகைக்கு முன்னும் பிரிவுக்குப் பின்னும் வெற்றி பெற்றவர்கள் அவர்கள்.
பிரிந்து 27 ஆண்டுகளுக்குப் பிறகு இணைய முடியுமா என்கிறீர்கள். ஆனால், ஒரு தலைமுறை கடந்துவிட்டது. சமூகம் இடம்பெயர்ந்துவிட்டது. சரக்கு உன்னதமாக இருந்தாலும் சந்தையின் தேவை மாறிவிட்டது.
இப்போது இணைந்தால் பழைய பாணி எடுபடுமா? அறுபதாம் கல்யாணத்துக்குப் பிறகும் தம்பதிகள் ஒரே அறையில் தங்கலாம். அதற்குப் பெயர் முதலிரவா?
வாத்தியங்களில் இருந்த இசை தொழில்நுட்பத்துக்குத் தாவிவிட்டது. மீண்டும் பழைய பாணியில் பாடல்கள் அமைத்தால் நவீனமாக இல்லை என்பார்கள். நவீனமாக இசையமைத்தால் பழைய பாடல் போல் இல்லை என்பார்கள். ஆகவே, எங்களின் பழைய பாடல்களை ரசித்துக்கொண்டிருப்பதுதான் ரசிகனுக்கு விஷப்பரீட்சை இல்லாத விருந்தாக இருக்கும். எனவே, நாங்கள் இணைவது என்றாவது சாத்தியமாக இருக்கலாம்; இயங்குவது சாத்தியமாக இருக்குமா?''

venkkiram
19th November 2012, 10:17 PM
தலைமுறை கடந்தாலும், தங்கம் தங்கம் தான் என்பது அண்ணன் வைரமுத்துவிற்கு புரியுமா?

எங்களின் பழைய பாடல்களை ரசித்துக்கொண்டிருப்பதுதான் ரசிகனுக்கு விஷப்பரீட்சை இல்லாத விருந்தாக இருக்கும்.

சொல்லிட்டாருங்க அவரோட புரிதலை!

ajaybaskar
20th November 2012, 01:21 AM
தோனி படத்துக்குப் பிறகு மீண்டும் இசைஞானி இளையராஜாவுடன் கைகோர்க்கிறார் பிரகாஷ் ராஜ். அதுவும் ஒரு இயக்குநராக!தோனி படத்தில் பிரகாஷ் ராஜ் நடிப்பும் இயக்கமும், இளையராஜாவின் இசையும் பெரும் பாராட்டுக்களையும் வரவேற்பையும் பெற்றன.அடுத்து தமிழில் ஒரு படத்தை இயக்கி நடிக்கிறார் பிரகாஷ் ராஜ். படத்துக்கு தலைப்பு உன் சமையல் அறையில். மலையாளத்தில் வெளியாகி ஹிட்டடித்த சால்ட் அன்ட் பெப்பர் படத்தின் ரீமேக் இது.

தமிழ், தெலுங்கு, ஹிந்தி என மூன்று மொழிகளில் பிரகாஷ்ராஜ் இயக்கி வரும் இந்த படத்துக்கு இசைஞானி இளையராஜா இசையமைக்கிறார். 5 பாடல்கள் இடம்பெறுகின்றனவாம்.இந்தப் படத்தில் பிரகாஷ் ராஜுடன் நடிக்கப் போகும் நடிகை... வயசானாலும் குலுங்கும் கவர்ச்சியுடன் உலா வரும் தபு!

rajaramsgi
20th November 2012, 10:08 PM
Hope you guys have seen Vijay TV's "Idhayam Thotta Isai Gnani (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Idhayam+Thotta+Isai+Gnani&oq=Idhayam+Thotta+Isai+Gnani)" programs.. If not, check out youtube..

paranitharan
21st November 2012, 10:15 AM
Hope you guys have seen Vijay TV's "Idhayam Thotta Isai Gnani (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Idhayam+Thotta+Isai+Gnani&oq=Idhayam+Thotta+Isai+Gnani)" programs.. If not, check out youtube..
mathumitha rocks there

Chikatilomt
23rd November 2012, 09:33 PM
Senthil and MumbaiRamki...Well said!

Senthil.... especially your last paragraph is a gem. Keeping your creativity and quality intact while the outcomes go up or not, is, to say the least, impossible for ordinary people (I am talking about, say in an office setting you work hard - don't get promotion, in business worked hard/honestly but you made loss in a deal, in school studied well - but did not score because of subjective paper correction etc., You will normally get demotivated and that will start affecting your work.). That too in a creative high pressure field, to do that is great.

Just wanted to point out from a different perspective. Ramana Maharshi uses this screen analogy in a different context many times to questions when devotees try to under stand on what the whole world is about. (See http://acfip.org/analogy.html). That is in a different context.

IR being Ramana's devotee, no wonder the "screen" terminology/ usage would have seeped in his mind and come out. So, need for "Salippu" here.

What he is trying to describe is the creative process (writing poetry, composing music, even Ramanujan's number theory, and so on so forth) to the normal audience. (Audience usually not familiar or experienced with the creative process themselves.) Here's where the disconnect happens. The problem has been, when he talks in a different plane with a different vocabulary, people might intentionally/ unintentionally misunderstand in a commercial context.

In this video, even if we discard all the spiritual/ philosophical angle, all he is saying is he is like a screen (which is inert) and I don't see what the fuss is all about.

rajaramsgi
26th November 2012, 04:55 AM
பரதேசி ஆடியோ வெளியீடு விழாவில் இயக்குனர் பாலா ......(கேட்ட கேள்விக்கு நேரா பதில் சொல்ல வேண்டியது தானே..)

ஜி.வி.பிரகாஷ் உடன் பணியாற்றியது பற்றி...?

இந்த படத்தில் ஏன் ஜி.வி.பிரகாஷை பயன்படுத்தினேன் என்றால், என் மீது ஒரு குற்றச்சாட்டு வந்தது. அதாவது, பாலா எப்போதும், விக்ரம், சூர்யா இவர்களை வைத்து தான் படம் எடுக்கிறார். இளையராஜாவை தான் இசை அமைக்க வைக்கிறார். அந்த குற்றச்சாட்டை மாற்றும் முயற்சியா தான் இந்த படத்துல ஒட்டு மொத்தமா புது டீம் வைத்து படத்தில் இறங்கினேன். படத்தை பாட்டும் நன்றாக வந்து இருக்கிறது. நீங்களும் கேட்டுவிட்டு சொல்லுங்க.

K
26th November 2012, 11:21 AM
Already Trailer Music Comment Vanthachu

http://www.facebook.com/RamTheRebel

பாலா உலகத்தரத்தில் படம் எடுக்கட்டும், நமக் கெல்லாம் பெருமை தான், அதுக்காக ஏற்கனவே உலகத்தரத்தில் வந்த இசையை அப்படியே பயன்படுத்துவது ஏன்..?!

இந்தப் பையனைப்பற்றி எந்த ஒரு நல்ல விஷயமும் இதுவரை வந்ததேயில்லை..!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV4oEP4QUY8 - பரதேசி

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyMsLyBDrSw - அப்போகலிப்டோ

rajaramsgi
26th November 2012, 04:12 PM
Already Trailer Music Comment Vanthachu

அப்படியே சுட்டுட்டாங்களே..பாவிங்க. திருட்டு வி.சி.டியில் பார்த்தாவது, ராஜா சார் இல்லாமல் பாலா எப்படி பரதேசியா அலையரார்னு தெரிஞ்சுக்கணும்.

எணிவேஸ், விகடன் தேவை இல்லாமல் ஒரு கருத்து கணிப்பு நடத்தி இருக்கு.. தெரிஞ்ச விஷயம் தான், இருந்தாலும்......

http://news.vikatan.com/poll/polling.php?qid=15
Vikatan news - Polling results

பாரதிராஜா-இளையராஜா, மணிரத்னம்- ஏ.ஆர். ரஹ்மான் கூட்டணியில் எந்த கூட்டணியின் பாடல் உங்களை ரொம்பவே ரசிக்க வைத்தது...

பாரதிராஜா-இளையராஜா: 54.3%
மணிரத்னம்-ஏ.ஆர். ரஹ்மான்: 20.7%
இரண்டுமே: 25%

MumbaiRamki
28th November 2012, 10:45 AM
The trailer of pardesi .. chances are that , someone has used Apocalypto music for the trailer .. Even for Pazassi Raja the first trailer had LOTR . So lets wait :)

kingvj
29th November 2012, 07:10 AM
The trailer of pardesi .. chances are that , someone has used Apocalypto music for the trailer .. Even for Pazassi Raja the first trailer had LOTR . So lets wait :)

Exactly..!

kr
29th November 2012, 08:33 AM
I dont know if you guys read the response by IR in Kumudam on the national award for best background score - it was great. I love the Kumudam series with Ir answering the questions. As a breath of fresh air, he does not mince words or try to be politically correct. He states how he really feels and that's great. In fact, I love his response to Oscar award question a few weeks back. You may not agree with his view point but I love his candor. (I dont know what it states about me, I agree with his perspectives on almost everything and I feel exactly the same way about most of the issues)

krish244
30th November 2012, 11:51 AM
Article in THE HINDU about IR's book:

http://www.thehindu.com/arts/books/ilaiyaraja-the-poet/article4146174.ece

thanks,

Krishnan

vssathish
30th November 2012, 04:50 PM
Jeyamohan met IR last week and thalaivar is busy in NEPV Re-recording.. seems 50 member violin orchestra is working on the same
chk out this links for details

Lets hope for a feasttt
http://www.jeyamohan.in/?p=32153

sloshed
2nd December 2012, 11:29 AM
Folks...
Here after a long time. My small tribute to the man who defined my musical tastes. I know I wont get to work him, but I wanted to use his music for my first short film. I hope you guys like it and share it.
Thanks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6Fau1YTtxs

venkkiram
2nd December 2012, 12:10 PM
:notworthy: Mr Alfred

Very nice the camera shots.. especially the ones without the faces.. Raja's scores elevated your vision.

sloshed
2nd December 2012, 12:26 PM
Thanks venki.. The truth is I picked raaja's score first (I don't know if everyone will immediately identify the bgms used ) then I wrote the story around it .. Now I see how guys like r.sunderrajjan just hangs in raaja's room to grab the songs and then write a story around it ... The folks in the movie has never acted before .. The girl was just so moved by the music that I didn't have say much .. The music pretty much directed this short film ... Thanks for your feedback

svaisn
2nd December 2012, 10:04 PM
Folks...
Here after a long time. My small tribute to the man who defined my musical tastes. I know I wont get to work him, but I wanted to use his music for my first short film. I hope you guys like it and share it.
Thanks

OMG...:bow: this is simply mind blowing.... Awesome Bro....Loved the film and the BGM :)..... Way to go... All the Best..!!!

svaisn
2nd December 2012, 10:05 PM
Thanks venki.. The truth is I picked raaja's score first (I don't know if everyone will immediately identify the bgms used ) then I wrote the story around it ..

There are few which I am still not able to identify.... Can u share pleasee.....

sloshed
2nd December 2012, 11:27 PM
Thanks svaisn... The bgms I chose were something that stuck with me for years .. Some weren't even that popular ... I'm going to try list the bgms in the same order
Nandhalala
Mahanadhi
Unnakagave vazhkiren (amazing title score)
nayakan
Idhayam
Nadodi thendral
Marupadiyum
Paneer pushpangal
Idayathai thirudathey ( the flute piece mesmerizes even after so many years )
Thanks ..

sloshed
2nd December 2012, 11:29 PM
I missed out Valli title score before the last bgm

senthilv.com
4th December 2012, 01:04 PM
Folks...
Thanks

Very well done. You are telling story through character point of view and clearly make us understand what your characters are feeling throughout the movie. Shows are you are a storyteller. I like the usage of Raja's score to enhance the movie. Mood, framing, composition, color, costume selections are very good.

Some feedback.
1. You are violating 180 degree rule (eye line) in lot of places. If you frame them right, you would get even better emotions. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/180-degree_rule)
2. The eye line axis between two characters has to be clearly established & maintained by camera position and angle.
3. Watch for camera angles from character perspective (irrespective of subjective or objective shot) The angles b/w both characters have to match by eyeline axis. Example, when the guy character looks up to the character in the balcony, it will give a realistic feel, if you tilt up the camera. And tilt the camera down when girl looks at him from balcony. (You could do neutral shot like you did but only after clearly establishing spatial relation b/w characters) May be in simple words, I was bit confused about the geography of where those characters are in the real world and their position from each other.

If you fix #1, #2, #3 you will get better result. btw, the angle @ 3:40 is right composition & angle.

Anyway, this is basic stuff, camera choreography is bit more complex. Don't be discouraged by it, you learn better angles by doing more. If you are interested more start with the book "The Five C's of Cinematography"

4. While I know you wanted to use all great Raja scores. You have to treat his scores thematically in the film. Once you have established musical color and tone, you have to continue that throughout the film. Like Raja always does, we have to put the film first, music has to support and serve it. You have put Raja's music first in your film :) I'm sure you will be loved for that in this forum though.

5. Lastly, don't be afraid to delay or completely remove music in some critical moments. One could create emotions by adding music or create emotions by stopping the music that was playing. Basically, score could disturb the mood and silence is as important as the score.

Anyway, you have just grabbed the camera and made it happen and pretty bravely put it out to the whole world to see. Kudos to that. I don't have the courage to put out my early works like you!

Congrats again. All the best.

senthilv.com
4th December 2012, 01:24 PM
Senthil and MumbaiRamki...Well said!

Just wanted to point out from a different perspective. Ramana Maharshi uses this screen analogy in a different context many times to questions when devotees try to under stand on what the whole world is about. (See http://acfip.org/analogy.html). That is in a different context.

Thanks for the comment. In a way, I just paraphrased -- "Do your duty but without concern for the results" Hence, I called him IsaiYogi just to drive home that point. Don't know if Raja would even see or agree with that. Expectations are part of artistic work and one can't escape it but Raja has just better managed expectation than most other artists is a very true statement.

Screen analogy is extremely interesting. You could very well be right because we don't know how our subconscious mind works. Thanks for sharing.

rajaramsgi
8th December 2012, 04:12 PM
விஸ்வரூபம் ஆடியோ ரிலீஸ் போடோஸ்..ராஜா சார் தான் ஆடியோ ரிலீஸ் பண்ணாராம். வேற இசை அமைப்பாளர் இசை அமைத்த ஆடியோவை முதன் முதலா ராஜா சார் வெளியடரார்னு நினைக்கிறேன். பொம்மலாட்டம் ஆடியோ ரிலீசுக்கும் போனார்.

http://www.kollytalk.com/stills/viswaroopam-audio-launch-function-chennai-photos/

rajaramsgi
8th December 2012, 04:33 PM
விஸ்வரூபம் படத்தில் ஒரு பாடலை கமலஹாசன் எழுத மற்ற பாடல்களை அண்ணன் வைரமுத்து எழுதி இருக்கிறார். ஆடியோ ரிலீஸ் போட்டோக்களில் அண்ணனை காணோம். ராஜா சார் வருகிறார் என்று தவிர்த்து விட்டாரா அல்லது வர முடியாத சூழ்நிலையா? யார் கண்டார்கள். அது இருக்கட்டும். இந்த வார ஆனந்த விகடனில் அண்ணன் ஒரு கேள்விக்கு பதில் சொல்லி இருக்கார் பாருங்கள்..

இதோ.. உலக மகா யோக்கியரின் பதில்.

ரங்க கோபாலன், வந்தவாசி: ''எழுத்தாளர் ஜெயகாந்தனிடம் நீங்கள் ரசிப்பது?''

வைரமுத்து: ''அவரது அறச் சீற்றம். ஒரு நாள் காலையில் என் வீட்டுத் தொலைபேசி ஒலித்தது.
'நான் ஜெயகாந்தன் பேசுகிறேன்.’
'வணக்கம்; வைரமுத்து பேசுகிறேன்.’
'என் மகள் திருமண வரவேற்புக்கு உங்கள் மண்டபம் தேவைப்படுகிறது.’
'அது உங்கள் மண்டபம்; எடுத்துக்கொள்ளுங்கள்.’

'பொன்மணி மாளிகை’ பெயரிட்டுத் திருமண அழைப்பிதழ் அச்சிட்டவர், ஓர் இசையமைப் பாளரைச் சந்தித்து அழைப்பிதழ் தந்தாராம்.
'கட்டாயம் வருகிறேன்’ என்ற உறுதிமொழி தந்து அழைப்பிதழைப் பிரித்த இசையமைப்பாளர், திருமண மண்டபத்தின் பெயரைப் பார்த்ததும் திகைத்துப்போனாராம். 'நான் அங்கு வர முடியாதே’ என்று நெளிந்தாராம்.
விசுக்கென்று எழுந்து வாசல் வரை சென்ற ஜெயகாந்தன் விறுவிறுவென்று திரும்பிவந்து, 'நீதான் திருமணத்திற்கு வரப்போவதில்லையே! உனக்கெதற்கு அழைப்பிதழ்?’ என்று அழைப் பிதழைப் பறித்துக்கொண்டு வெளியேறிவிட்டா ராம்.
இந்தச் சம்பவத்தை ஒரு நண்பரின் வாய்மொழியாக அறிந்தேன்.
கண்ணதாசன் வரியைப் பொருத்தி ஜெயகாந் தனை நினைத்துக்கொண்டேன்.
சிங்கத்தின் கால்கள் பழுதுபட்டாலும்
சீற்றம் குறைவதுண்டோ?’ ''

raja_fan
9th December 2012, 09:21 AM
விஸ்வரூபம் படத்தில் ஒரு பாடலை கமலஹாசன் எழுத மற்ற பாடல்களை அண்ணன் வைரமுத்து எழுதி இருக்கிறார். ஆடியோ ரிலீஸ் போட்டோக்களில் அண்ணனை காணோம். ராஜா சார் வருகிறார் என்று தவிர்த்து விட்டாரா அல்லது வர முடியாத சூழ்நிலையா? யார் கண்டார்கள். அது இருக்கட்டும். இந்த வார ஆனந்த விகடனில் அண்ணன் ஒரு கேள்விக்கு பதில் சொல்லி இருக்கார் பாருங்கள்..

இதோ.. உலக மகா யோக்கியரின் பதில்.

ரங்க கோபாலன், வந்தவாசி: ''எழுத்தாளர் ஜெயகாந்தனிடம் நீங்கள் ரசிப்பது?''

வைரமுத்து: ''அவரது அறச் சீற்றம். ஒரு நாள் காலையில் என் வீட்டுத் தொலைபேசி ஒலித்தது.
'நான் ஜெயகாந்தன் பேசுகிறேன்.’
'வணக்கம்; வைரமுத்து பேசுகிறேன்.’
'என் மகள் திருமண வரவேற்புக்கு உங்கள் மண்டபம் தேவைப்படுகிறது.’
'அது உங்கள் மண்டபம்; எடுத்துக்கொள்ளுங்கள்.’

'பொன்மணி மாளிகை’ பெயரிட்டுத் திருமண அழைப்பிதழ் அச்சிட்டவர், ஓர் இசையமைப் பாளரைச் சந்தித்து அழைப்பிதழ் தந்தாராம்.
'கட்டாயம் வருகிறேன்’ என்ற உறுதிமொழி தந்து அழைப்பிதழைப் பிரித்த இசையமைப்பாளர், திருமண மண்டபத்தின் பெயரைப் பார்த்ததும் திகைத்துப்போனாராம். 'நான் அங்கு வர முடியாதே’ என்று நெளிந்தாராம்.
விசுக்கென்று எழுந்து வாசல் வரை சென்ற ஜெயகாந்தன் விறுவிறுவென்று திரும்பிவந்து, 'நீதான் திருமணத்திற்கு வரப்போவதில்லையே! உனக்கெதற்கு அழைப்பிதழ்?’ என்று அழைப் பிதழைப் பறித்துக்கொண்டு வெளியேறிவிட்டா ராம்.
இந்தச் சம்பவத்தை ஒரு நண்பரின் வாய்மொழியாக அறிந்தேன்.
கண்ணதாசன் வரியைப் பொருத்தி ஜெயகாந் தனை நினைத்துக்கொண்டேன்.
சிங்கத்தின் கால்கள் பழுதுபட்டாலும்
சீற்றம் குறைவதுண்டோ?’ ''

I think what IR did is no way comparable to what VM has done.

VM avoided Viswaroopam function because he did not want to sit with and share the dias with a man with whom he is not in good terms with. That is very much understandable. If any one of us is in that place, it would not be a surprise if we took that decision.

But to avoid a marriage (of a very close friend's family ) just because the marriage hall belongs to some one I don't like, is too much...laughable ( though it is his personal matter ).

Chikatilomt
9th December 2012, 08:15 PM
I think what IR did is no way comparable to what VM has done.

VM avoided Viswaroopam function because he did not want to sit with and share the dias with a man with whom he is not in good terms with. That is very much understandable. If any one of us is in that place, it would not be a surprise if we took that decision.

But to avoid a marriage (of a very close friend's family ) just because the marriage hall belongs to some one I don't like, is too much...laughable ( though it is his personal matter ).

Even before discussing who is right or wrong (which we can't do given the lack of full information), when somebody is asking about what he appreciates in Jayakanthan, why should he go tangentially and bring some MD and quote a personal/ controversial incident (that is assuming the incident/ version is true.:confused2:). There should really be many better ways to praise Jayakanthan than this.:roll:

kr
9th December 2012, 09:20 PM
exactly

raja_fan
10th December 2012, 01:57 PM
Even before discussing who is right or wrong (which we can't do given the lack of full information), when somebody is asking about what he appreciates in Jayakanthan, why should he go tangentially and bring some MD and quote a personal/ controversial incident (that is assuming the incident/ version is true.:confused2:). There should really be many better ways to praise Jayakanthan than this.:roll:

Oh...In that case, our IR is no better than VM in dragging people indirectly.
There are significant number of instances, where IR has tried to mock VM ( not mentioning his name directly ) on stage in functions. Seru alli veesuvathu enbathu cinimaavil sahajam. So we cannot say this side or that side is better..or to say who is Ulaga maha Yoggiyar !
[ For Viswa roopam, it is Kamal hassan's mistake to involve VM and at the same time invite his "enemy" to launch the songs ! He is the producer..he has all rights..but somewhere he should be knowing what he is doing... ]

rajaramsgi
10th December 2012, 03:47 PM
[ For Viswa roopam, it is Kamal hassan's mistake to involve VM and at the same time invite his "enemy" to launch the songs ! He is the producer..he has all rights..but somewhere he should be knowing what he is doing... ]

கரெக்ட்.. கமல் கொஞ்சம் யோசிச்சிருக்கலாம்.

ராஜா சார் மட்டும் என்னவாம்? யுவனோட முதல் கல்யாணத்தை அறிவாலயத்தில் உள்ள கலைஞர் அரங்கத்தில வெச்சுட்டு, ஜெயலலிதாவுக்கு பத்திரிகை குடுத்தார். அந்த அம்மாவும் இவரை மாதிரியே தலையை சொறிஞ்சிகிட்டு, அங்க என்னால வர முடியாதேன்னு தான் சொல்லி இருப்பாங்க. அவங்க வரவும் இல்லை. இதுக்காக அவர் இதை எங்கேயும் சொல்லி காட்டலை, பத்திரிக்கையை பிடிங்கிக்கிட்டும் வரவில்லை.

இவர் இங்க கல்யாணத்தை வெச்சுட்டு அங்க கூப்பிட போனது தப்புன்னா, ஜெயகாந்தன் பண்ணதும் தப்பு தான். கமல் பண்ணதும் தப்பு தான். இவிங்க சண்டை தான் ஊருக்கே தெரியுமே?

இருந்தாலும் வைரமுத்து இதை இந்த நேரத்தில் சொல்லி காட்டி இருக்க வேண்டாம். ஜீவா மரணத்தின் போது இவர் துக்கம் விசாரிக்க போன போதே ராஜா சார் ரசிகர்கள் அவர் மீது கொண்டிருந்த காழ்ப்புனற்சிகளை குறைத்திருபார்கள். இப்போது?

எதுவானாலும், ராஜா சார்-ஜெயகாந்தன், ராஜ சார்-கமல் நட்பு நல்லபடியாக போய் கொண்டிருக்கிறது.

இந்த பாலா பரதேசி படத்துல கங்கை அமரனுக்கு ஒரு குடுத்துருக்கப்ல. ராஜ சார் வாய்ஸ் மாதிரியே இருக்கு. இது என்ன மாதிரி ட்ரிக்ன்னு தெரியலை. யாரை ஏமாத்தறதுக்கு அவர் பாடின பாட்டை விளம்பரத்துக்கும் குடுத்துருக்குகாங்க என்று தெரியவில்லை. வைரமுத்து மேடையில் நண்டு நரி கதை வேற சொல்லி உயிரை வாங்கினார், கேட்க நல்ல இருந்தது வேற விஷயம். கங்கை அமரன் வைரமுத்துவின் பேரை சொன்னதும், அவர் இவர் பெயரை சொன்னதும் மேடை நாகரீகத்திற்கு மட்டுமா இல்லை நிஜத்திலுமா?

Gregorysab
10th December 2012, 07:25 PM
Raaja is doing a tamil film titled "Megha".

Singer Ramya(NSK) tweeted this: @ Prasad studios to record for raja sir's next project, megha. Will be singing 3 songs in d same movie as well. Can't wait for d release! =D

https://twitter.com/SingerRamya/status/277993258116853762

Chikatilomt
10th December 2012, 08:07 PM
Oh...In that case, our IR is no better than VM in dragging people indirectly.
There are significant number of instances, where IR has tried to mock VM ( not mentioning his name directly ) on stage in functions. Seru alli veesuvathu enbathu cinimaavil sahajam. So we cannot say this side or that side is better..or to say who is Ulaga maha Yoggiyar !

I was not supporting this or that person (Mr.X,Y or Z). Look at the context. All I was pointing out was, when the forum is asking a specific question to Mr. X, 'What do you like/ appreciate in Mr.Y?', launching an ad hominem attack on an unrelated Mr. Z out of the blue to make a point about Mr.Y, only badly reflects on Mr.X.

Swap X,Y,Z as you may, I still hold by that statement.:smokesmile:

raja_fan
10th December 2012, 09:14 PM
கரெக்ட்.. கமல் கொஞ்சம் யோசிச்சிருக்கலாம்.

ராஜா சார் மட்டும் என்னவாம்? யுவனோட முதல் கல்யாணத்தை அறிவாலயத்தில் உள்ள கலைஞர் அரங்கத்தில வெச்சுட்டு, ஜெயலலிதாவுக்கு பத்திரிகை குடுத்தார். அந்த அம்மாவும் இவரை மாதிரியே தலையை சொறிஞ்சிகிட்டு, அங்க என்னால வர முடியாதேன்னு தான் சொல்லி இருப்பாங்க. அவங்க வரவும் இல்லை. இதுக்காக அவர் இதை எங்கேயும் சொல்லி காட்டலை, பத்திரிக்கையை பிடிங்கிக்கிட்டும் வரவில்லை.

இவர் இங்க கல்யாணத்தை வெச்சுட்டு அங்க கூப்பிட போனது தப்புன்னா, ஜெயகாந்தன் பண்ணதும் தப்பு தான். கமல் பண்ணதும் தப்பு தான். இவிங்க சண்டை தான் ஊருக்கே தெரியுமே?

இருந்தாலும் வைரமுத்து இதை இந்த நேரத்தில் சொல்லி காட்டி இருக்க வேண்டாம். ஜீவா மரணத்தின் போது இவர் துக்கம் விசாரிக்க போன போதே ராஜா சார் ரசிகர்கள் அவர் மீது கொண்டிருந்த காழ்ப்புனற்சிகளை குறைத்திருபார்கள். இப்போது?

எதுவானாலும், ராஜா சார்-ஜெயகாந்தன், ராஜ சார்-கமல் நட்பு நல்லபடியாக போய் கொண்டிருக்கிறது.

இந்த பாலா பரதேசி படத்துல கங்கை அமரனுக்கு ஒரு குடுத்துருக்கப்ல. ராஜ சார் வாய்ஸ் மாதிரியே இருக்கு. இது என்ன மாதிரி ட்ரிக்ன்னு தெரியலை. யாரை ஏமாத்தறதுக்கு அவர் பாடின பாட்டை விளம்பரத்துக்கும் குடுத்துருக்குகாங்க என்று தெரியவில்லை. வைரமுத்து மேடையில் நண்டு நரி கதை வேற சொல்லி உயிரை வாங்கினார், கேட்க நல்ல இருந்தது வேற விஷயம். கங்கை அமரன் வைரமுத்துவின் பேரை சொன்னதும், அவர் இவர் பெயரை சொன்னதும் மேடை நாகரீகத்திற்கு மட்டுமா இல்லை நிஜத்திலுமா?

rajaramsgi,

Not able to agree with you for the following reasons. But I do not want to elongate this discussion further.

I think we are in sync, when it comes to Kamal's mistake in this case. If we were in the place of VM, we would also have avoided the function.

Regarding the comparison of IR-Jayakanthan meet with IR-Jayalalitha meet, you know this is not fair at all !

IR and Jayakanthan are thick friends while the latter (IR-Jaya) could no way be anything else other than compulsion arising out of Cinema-Politics nexus in TN. How can you compare these two ?
IR would not have really cared if Jaya attends the marriage or not. It could have been 100% a formality affair.

VM could have avoided dragging this particular incident in his interview, but this is very much usual in Tamil Cinema. When IR hit out at VM in numerous occasions, why should we not expect VM to do that ?

If what VM has said is true, Jayakanthan has every right to snatch away the invitation. Because no one can expect such flimsy reasons such as "I want to attend my best friend's family function. But the owner of the hall is an enemy to me. So I cannot come".

Did not IR and VM both attend "Ponnar Shankar" audio release ? for what ? because of their "respect" for a political leader...why can't they do it for Jayakanthan's family then ?

ajaybaskar
10th December 2012, 09:32 PM
VM's father in law passed away the previous day of audio release.

MumbaiRamki
10th December 2012, 09:35 PM
Yes , Ashwin is the hero for this movie .. the composing happened when Be with Maestro was going on )

krish244
11th December 2012, 04:48 PM
IR's second marathi movie for the same director (director of HELLO JAI HIND):

"...Tamil Maestro Illaiyaraja collaborates again with Gajendra Ahire after Hello Jaihind. One hopes, unlike the songs in Hello Jaihind which didn’t catch the attention of people, this album becomes very popular. Raja Sir has even roped in Hungarian musicians Béla Lattmann(bass), Attila László(guitar), János Nagy(keyboards) for recording his compositions for this film..."

The song featured in this trailer is the same as the popular tamil song (only little variation in the end). Forgot the lyrics. The tune sounds fine. Not sure why the lyrics are in English. Maybe the situation! Not sure.

http://www.madaboutmoviez.com/2012/11/trailer-gajendra-ahires-touring-talkies/

thanks,

Krishnan

rajaramsgi
12th December 2012, 02:46 AM
IR's second marathi movie for the same director (director of HELLO JAI HIND):

The song featured in this trailer is the same as the popular tamil song (only little variation in the end). Forgot the lyrics. The tune sounds fine. Not sure why the lyrics are in English. Maybe the situation! Not sure.

Krishnan

Krishnan, Sounds great. I don't see any resemblance of any tamil song on it though. Must be from telugu or kanada? The closest tune that comes to my mind is Prem Kahani's Rangu Rangu?

krish244
12th December 2012, 11:10 AM
Rajaramsgi,

Courtesy the catchy tune, I don't remember the lyrics of the tamil song :). I should not say, it is exactly the same tune, but a variation of the tune. What I distinctly remember is that the flute playing the main tune (probably at the beginning of the song) and then the female (if I remember it right) starts singing the main tune.

Let me try to recollect the lyrics!

thanks,

Krishnan

raja_fan
12th December 2012, 12:35 PM
Krishnan, Sounds great. I don't see any resemblance of any tamil song on it though. Must be from telugu or kanada? The closest tune that comes to my mind is Prem Kahani's Rangu Rangu?

Yes. It resembles Rangu rangu a lot.

Pray IR comes out of the "rangu..rangu.." fever. For me, I think he got "vanam mella.." of NEPV from the same mood.

raja_fan
12th December 2012, 12:48 PM
It also sounds like "Swalpa soundu jaasti maadu" from Suryakanthi....All these have a common under flavour.

AravindMano
12th December 2012, 08:28 PM
It is Pallavi Anupallavi BGM / 'Mella Mella' from Vaazhkai.

rajaramsgi
12th December 2012, 10:36 PM

Aravind, If I listen to mella mella song in youtube and then go back to the marathi trailer, i can see the connection. well spotted. thanks for sharing.

ukiuovebi
13th December 2012, 08:53 AM
http://www.madaboutmoviez.com/2012/12/neethane-en-ponvasantham-movie-review-wasted-opportunity/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=neethane-en-ponvasantham-movie-review-wasted-opportunity

ukiuovebi
13th December 2012, 08:53 AM
http://www.madaboutmoviez.com/2012/12/neethane-en-ponvasantham-movie-review-wasted-opportunity/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=neethane-en-ponvasantham-movie-review-wasted-opportunity

krish244
13th December 2012, 10:55 AM

Perfect. This is the song I was referring to. Thanks AravindMano!

thanks,

Krishnan

appushiva
13th December 2012, 12:00 PM
Oh Electriceel, I just love your analogy

Regards

rooky
13th December 2012, 04:15 PM

That doesn;t look like a review at all and where exactly did the "reviewer" watched the movie.Not read any special premiers for NEP till today.

SVN
13th December 2012, 06:26 PM
It has released in Dubai Thursday afternoon

crvenky
13th December 2012, 11:39 PM
NEPV released in Muscat on Wednesday & I watched it this evening. It’s a horribly slow movie & a mega sodhappal from GVM. I am shedding blood tears for Maestro :( He is totally wasted in the movie. There is not much BGM pieces. All the songs come one after the other & the interludes are repeated as BGM most of the times. The film moves at a snail's pace without much interesting scenes and tests the patience of the viewers. I had enough archanai from family for taking them to watch this ordeal.

Only things I noted: there is a symphonic 3rd interlude added to Vaanam Mella song & a short bit of Pengal Endral in Maestro’s voice. Otherwise, nothing much to write about :(

vem
14th December 2012, 01:28 AM
Guys,

It's really sad to see the initial reviews on Nee thane en Ponvasantham--All the buildup for what ? A school life story for an English Orchestra ?

In any event, I l stopped believing GVM after I saw VTV-- his limited knowledge when Kamal goes all the way to the US to solve a murder, and touting about his Raghavan instinct--an instinct to just scour a region for a body, when the place is just behind the scene of the kidnap.

A riveting story was expected, but what was presented was a loose and illogical story.

Hope the fans like this movie as they did VTV and make this a hit for at least the hardwork put by IR and all the unnecessary buildup.

raja_fan
14th December 2012, 07:08 AM
NEPV released in Muscat on Wednesday & I watched it this evening. It’s a horribly slow movie & a mega sodhappal from GVM. I am shedding blood tears for Maestro :( He is totally wasted in the movie. There is not much BGM pieces. All the songs come one after the other & the interludes are repeated as BGM most of the times. The film moves at a snail's pace without much interesting scenes and tests the patience of the viewers. I had enough archanai from family for taking them to watch this ordeal.

Only things I noted: there is a symphonic 3rd interlude added to Vaanam Mella song & a short bit of Pengal Endral in Maestro’s voice. Otherwise, nothing much to write about :(

So, sadly the enigma haunting IR has come true again :(

Whenever big directors switch to IR from other MDs, they come up with a failing product..

Agathiyan, Cheran, Myskkin, now GVM to the list...sad..very sad !

musiukunit
14th December 2012, 10:42 AM
So, sadly the enigma haunting IR has come true again :(

Whenever big directors switch to IR from other MDs, they come up with a failing product..

Agathiyan, Cheran, Myskkin, now GVM to the list...sad..very sad !

The problem is all these directors come with their fresh ideas initially and its new in the market and sells.
By the time they come to IR their brand of movies are typical and boring.

A classic reverse case is Bala..Sedhu, Pithamagan type of movies where his brand..he came to IR and they became hits.
But then his brand of movies started becoming boring and be it IR or anybody cannot save them

I doubted the same with GVM..never have liked his movies..didnt even watch VTV, varanam etc..
He has tried his same formula in NEPV.It will never get crtitical acclaim.His target audience is the college crowd. ..lets wait and see if it does commercially fine.

Dosent matter anyways..we have got what it matters..a new age Raja album..Thats all matters

raja_fan
14th December 2012, 12:12 PM
The problem is all these directors come with their fresh ideas initially and its new in the market and sells.
By the time they come to IR their brand of movies are typical and boring.

A classic reverse case is Bala..Sedhu, Pithamagan type of movies where his brand..he came to IR and they became hits.
But then his brand of movies started becoming boring and be it IR or anybody cannot save them

I doubted the same with GVM..never have liked his movies..didnt even watch VTV, varanam etc..
He has tried his same formula in NEPV.It will never get crtitical acclaim.His target audience is the college crowd. ..lets wait and see if it does commercially fine.

Dosent matter anyways..we have got what it matters..a new age Raja album..Thats all matters

Disagree with you on the last line..
if you want just an album to enjoy, that is fine. But if you want that album to be popular and well received by public, the film has to succeed...
I believe we are not living in the "Kadhal Oviyam" times where music stood apart irrespective of the film's failure..

musiukunit
14th December 2012, 12:50 PM
Disagree with you on the last line..
if you want just an album to enjoy, that is fine. But if you want that album to be popular and well received by public, the film has to succeed...
I believe we are not living in the "Kadhal Oviyam" times where music stood apart irrespective of the film's failure..

Completely agree with you on your view.
My thought is as a Raja fan alone. Public/popularity at large is just good to have.

vem
14th December 2012, 01:19 PM
GVM cautions viewers to scale down their expectations! He advises them to come just for Ilayaraja.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/dec-12-02/neethane-en-ponvasantham-gautham-menon-14-12-12.html

Perhaps, he has realized that his goose will be cooked soon.

Gregorysab
14th December 2012, 01:55 PM
GVM cautions viewers to scale down their expectations! He advises them to come just for Ilayaraja.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/dec-12-02/neethane-en-ponvasantham-gautham-menon-14-12-12.html

Perhaps, he has realized that his goose will be cooked soon.

hahahahaha! My prediction seems to be coming true. NEPV seems to be just a reason to work with Raaja. Looks like it is almost a remake of VTV but with Raaja's music.

Dragun
14th December 2012, 05:43 PM
Did the Hindi film "Happi," for which IR did the music, ever release? What about the soundtrack? The trailer featured some amazing orchestral music, and the film looks pretty good too.

K
14th December 2012, 06:28 PM
http://www.karkibava.com/2012/12/blog-post_14.html

Raja Mattum.

Gregorysab
14th December 2012, 06:35 PM
Did the Hindi film "Happi," for which IR did the music, ever release? What about the soundtrack? The trailer featured some amazing orchestral music, and the film looks pretty good too.

it didnt.

teja
14th December 2012, 07:45 PM
Telugu version of the film (Yeto vellipoyindi manasu) has been getting mostly positive reviews. Some reviewers loved the film. As usual, heaps of praises on Maestro.

I have seen the film. Though the fanboy in me is disappointed in the BGM department, the film as such is not bad, if you put up with the slow pace. GVM shot a few songs very well... "Laayi laayi", "Yententa dooram", "Koti koti" are a delight.. especially the first one. The film is way too verbose... offering very little scope for BGM. GVM seems to rely on dialoges more than expressions. There is not much Raja can do when the lead characters keep bickering through out the film. Over all, not bad.

Fliflo
14th December 2012, 07:51 PM
One more review

http://www.moviecrow.com/News/1700/neethane-en-ponvasantham-review-fdfs

raja_fan
14th December 2012, 08:39 PM
Telugu version of the film (Yeto vellipoyindi manasu) has been getting mostly positive reviews. Some reviewers loved the film. As usual, heaps of praises on Maestro.

I have seen the film. Though the fanboy in me is disappointed in the BGM department, the film as such is not bad, if you put up with the slow pace. GVM shot a few songs very well... "Laayi laayi", "Yententa dooram", "Koti koti" are a delight.. especially the first one. The film is way too verbose... offering very little scope for BGM. GVM seems to rely on dialoges more than expressions. There is not much Raja can do when the lead characters keep bickering through out the film. Over all, not bad.

That gives some relief !
But I read in one of the reviews that GVM has broken the songs in to parts in the picturization...is that true ?

Fliflo
14th December 2012, 08:45 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/review/13896.html

Indiaglitz review

teja
14th December 2012, 09:14 PM
That gives some relief !
But I read in one of the reviews that GVM has broken the songs in to parts in the picturization...is that true ?

Yes, but it only enhances the impact. For example "laaayi laayi" (Vaanam mella) runs for almost 10 mins, with an extra interlude & a bit of charanam without the vocals.
"Atu itu" (Mudhal murai) is played multiple times instead of BGM in some scenes. GVM shot most songs in an unconventional way. Impressive!

teja
15th December 2012, 01:47 AM
Super positive reviews pouring in...

http://www.thehindu.com/arts/cinema/yeto-vellipoyindhi-manasu-like-a-gentle-breeze/article4199688.ece
http://postnoon.com/2012/12/14/yeto-vellipoyindhi-manasu-is-sugar-free-romance/94731
http://hitorphat.in/yeto-vellipoindi-manasu-review-simple-yet-soulful-dont-miss-this/
http://www.rediff.com/movies/report/south-review-yeto-vellipoyindi-manasu-works/20121214.htm

"Ilayaraja was a perfect choice for this. Every song is different from one another and comes at right place. His re-recording is a lesson to the new age music directors. Poor chaps will be ashamed of themselves after watching this film."

:)

Fliflo
15th December 2012, 02:44 AM
Review: Needhane En Ponvasantham is disappointing

http://www.rediff.com/movies/report/south-review-needhane-en-ponvasantham-is-disappointing/20121214.htm

Review: Yeto Vellipoyindi Manasu works

http://www.rediff.com/movies/report/south-review-yeto-vellipoyindi-manasu-works/20121214.htm

One is for tamil version and the other is for telugu version. Example of how subjective they are :)

senthilv.com
15th December 2012, 03:16 AM
Review: Needhane En Ponvasantham is disappointing

http://www.rediff.com/movies/report/south-review-needhane-en-ponvasantham-is-disappointing/20121214.htm

Review: Yeto Vellipoyindi Manasu works

One is for tamil version and the other is for telugu version. Example of how subjective they are :)

Not necessarily. Casting is sometimes 70% of the reason why movies work. Especially if it is a character driven film. Nani's performance could have made the difference.

MumbaiRamki
15th December 2012, 07:06 AM
I do see that people liked YVM , very less people tweeted its bad . Casting plays a part , but dont think Jeeva would have played that bad . I feel its the image of that actor that affects ( if thats what u meant :) ) -

rooky
15th December 2012, 09:52 AM
The reviews from the movie sites are good, if not great. No one has so far bashed it or called it boring as yet :). That holds good for the movie. I could not watch VTV for its slowness (never completed watching it). But, will watch NEP, for Raja.

MumbaiRamki
15th December 2012, 11:26 AM
I have 4 tickets for NEPV for tomorrow afternoon show in Ganapathy Ram .. Anybody wants to buy from me , pls msg me . We bought 20 tickets , unfortunately 4 people might not turn up .

sivasub
16th December 2012, 09:43 AM
http://www.thehindu.com/arts/cinema/an-ode-to-ilaiyaraaja/article4203416.ece

We have to save the best part of the movie for the last bit in this review: Ilaiyaraaja.

A self-confessed fan, Gautham has said in interviews that Neethaane En Ponvasantham is about packaging Ilaiyaraaja's music for a new generation. It has been a really long wait for legions of fans to see the music director's glory on the silver screen, save for an odd encore here and there.

It is tough to explain the role music plays not just in movies. Apple's iconic founder Steve Jobs once remarked that he could relate to every important moment of his life through a Bob Dylan or a Beatles song. Most people who grew up watching the Tamil cinema of the 1980s and the 1990s would say the same of Ilaiyaraaja's music.

Neethaane En Ponvasantham is without a doubt the best homage to a man whose music has swayed millions. Not only are the songs outstanding, the manner in which the filmmaker has woven them into the narrative makes them even more special.

In a moment of inspiration, Gautham uses two songs back to back — ‘Kaatrai Konjam’ sung by Karthik and ‘Mudhal Murai’ sung by Sunidhi Chauhan. The ten-minute sequence is a vindication of Ilaiyaraaja's genius.

teja
16th December 2012, 09:54 AM
Telugu version has been declared a hit

Another interesting article:
http://www.telugucinema.com/c/publish/news/yvm_dec15.php

sivasub
16th December 2012, 08:05 PM
Telugu version has been declared a hit

Another interesting article:
http://www.telugucinema.com/c/publish/news/yvm_dec15.php

Looks like the Telugu version made a real impact - now they are talking about awards for the leads....

http://greatandhra.com/viewnews.php?id=42678&cat=1&scat=4

rajaramsgi
17th December 2012, 03:19 AM
இன்று nepv பார்த்தேன்.

பெண்கள் என்றால் பாடல் தவிர அனைத்து பாடல்களையும் குதறி கூர் போட்டிருக்கிறார், புடிக்கல மாமு பாடல் டைட்டிளிலும், மற்ற பாடல்களின் இடையில் வசனங்களும் - நிச்சயம் எந்த பாடலையும் சன் மியூசிக்கில் பார்க்க முடியாது. நம்ப வைத்து ராஜா சாரை ஏமாற்றி விட்டார் கௌதம். பின்னணி இசை அமைக்கும் போது படம் தேறாது என்று நிச்சயம் அவருக்கு தெரிந்திருக்கும்,

காலேஜ் கல்சுரல்ஸில் போனசாக பழைய நீ தானே என் பொன் வசந்தத்தை நல்ல சத்தத்தோடு ஜீவா பாடும் படி வைத்திருந்தாலும், பாடியவரின் குரலில் குறைகள் அதிகம். கூடவே ஒரிஜினல் இளமை இதோ இதோ பாடலையும் கொஞ்ச நேரம் கேட்க முடிந்தது.

நினைவில் நிற்கும் அளவிற்கோ, அடுத்தவரிடம் சொல்லி காடும் அளவிற்கோ படத்தில் எதுவும் இல்லை. இசையில் காட்டிய ஈடுபாட்டை கதையில் காட்டி இருக்க வேண்டும். சாய்ந்து சாயிந்து படலை தவிர அவர் ராஜா சாரிடம் சொன்னது போல் எடுக்கவில்லை என்று நினைக்கிறேன். இப்படி தான் எடுக்க போகிறேன் என்று சொல்லி இருந்தால் இந்த இசையை அவர் பிரசாத் ஸ்டுடியோவில் பதிவு பண்ணி குடுத்திருப்பார்.

சாரி கௌதம். இந்த படத்தில் எந்த சீனிலும் ஒரு லைவ்லினஸ் இல்லை. உங்களுடைய பழைய படங்களில் நீங்கள் எடுத்த பாடல் காட்சிகளுக்கும், nepv'க்கும் நிறைய வித்யாசங்கள். ராஜா சாரை பாராட்டி சீராட்டி தலையில் தூக்கி வைத்து ஆடும் போதே எனக்கு ஒரு பயம் - நினைத்த படியே நீங்கள் விளையாடி, விளையாடி பொன் குடத்தை போட்டு உடைத்து விட்டீர்கள். வேறு ஒரு நல்ல படத்திற்கு ராஜா சாரை பயன்படுத்தி பாவ மன்னிப்பை பெற்றுக்கொள்ளுங்கள்.

இந்த படத்திற்கா இவ்வளவு சிரம பட்டோம் என்று ராஜா சார் நினைக்காமல் இருந்தால் அவர் நிச்சயம் ஞானி தான்.

nitu_krishnan
17th December 2012, 11:22 AM
I kind of expected this from GVM. Not surprised at all. He is really not capable of making a movie that can carry IR's music. He should have stuck with HJ or ARR.

brigs
17th December 2012, 11:30 AM
I kind of expected this from GVM. Not surprised at all. He is really not capable of making a movie that can carry IR's music. He should have stuck with HJ or ARR.

Wanna hear my spin? Here goes....

GVM didnt take the pains to travel abroad to shoot IR songs, probably thought - it's not worth it ????

Of course, he should have stuck with HJ or ARR. At-least the songs would have been watchable, if not the movie as a whole

teja
17th December 2012, 05:16 PM
More news on YVM's success.
http://greatandhra.com/viewnews.php?id=42696&cat=1&scat=4

"Sources say with the kind of investment made on the film, this is a big hit in overseas and A centres looking at the figures. In Hyderabad main theatres like Sudarshan, the black market price is at Rs 200 per ticket. "

Been several years since Raja's film enjoyed this kind of success in Telugu. Sri Rama Rajyam was successful last year, but YVM is a much bigger hit.

Chikatilomt
17th December 2012, 08:06 PM
Baradwaj Rangan's review:

http://baradwajrangan.wordpress.com/2012/12/17/neethane-en-ponvasantham-3455434576-7835/

Excerpt:

"For now, though, it’s fascinating to learn about Varun and Nithya, partly because they are like us – at least the “us” whose growing-up years revolved around PSBB and WCC – and looking at them stumble through life, some of us may feel we finally know where we went wrong, what we could have done to make things right with friends and family and loved ones. The bright light of realisation, for the most part, falls upon us through hindsight, and in Varun and Nithya we see at least a semblance of our own selves from the past. These are vividly etched characters and they are marked by their imperfections."

"Menon’s ear for good music hasn’t always been backed by a knack for appropriate song picturisation, and in a film like this, so nuanced and dialogue-heavy, these lapses make themselves extremely conspicuous. Neethane En Ponvasantham is the kind of film that will likely be dismissed by those who say: “But why do you have to talk about everything? Why do you have to analyse every little feeling so much?” But that is the film’s uniqueness. Like Cameron Crowe or Imtiaz Ali, Menon is a sensitive male who believes in shaping thoughts and feelings into words, many words, and then analysing them with a microscope. "

Fliflo
18th December 2012, 12:06 AM
Neethaane En Ponvasantham: An ode to Ilaiyaraaja

http://www.thehindu.com/arts/cinema/an-ode-to-ilaiyaraaja/article4203416.ece

suyambu
18th December 2012, 01:33 AM
Watched NEP on the second day ad midst of lot of negative reviews. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie and I would rate is as a classic. I have many Telugu friends who loved the film and started listening to the songs after watching the movie. It's Telugu version is doing well. GVM might not have satisfied everyone but he had his plan clearly well laid out and stuck to it. This movie will be seen ranging from classic to trash. Please find my review - http://www.sarathchandar.com/2012/12/nee-thaane-en-pon-vasantham-movie-review_15.html?spref=fb

brigs
18th December 2012, 09:45 AM
Anyone please share the lyrics of NEPV songs with English translation. Thanks in advance.

sivasub
18th December 2012, 01:54 PM
Interesting take on the movie... no mention about music, though

http://www.greatandhra.com/viewnews.php?id=42719&cat=10&scat=25

sivasub
18th December 2012, 02:02 PM
Looks like the Telugu version made a real impact on the audiences here:

http://idlebrain.com/news/functions1/success-yvm.html

Fliflo
18th December 2012, 05:48 PM
Behindwoods says NEPV has made a good opening in Chennai

http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies/neethaane-en-ponvasantham/neethaane-en-ponvasantham-box-office-dec-16.html

njv
19th December 2012, 02:52 AM
We (myself and my wife) really enjoyed the movie and music. Infact we are looking to see 2nd time. This is a musical movie and uses Raja sir's emotional music for every single expression.

1. Ennodu, Kaatrai konjam, Mudhal murai and Satru Munbu - they have very good effect on movie.
2. Pudikala Mamu and Vanam Mella - Less effect, but Pudikala mamu is more enjoyable while watching than listening.
3. Pengal Yendral and Saindhu Saindhu - Not much effect

Ofcourse, "Neethaane en pon vasantham" has its own charm, except for the male voice.

Samantha also did very well. Purely speaking its a Ilayaraja-Samantha movie.

There were some low moments in the movie, but overall, this is a movie thats must watch if you ever been in love.

rooky
19th December 2012, 01:24 PM
I watched the movie with my wife in bangalore today. Definitely a Good movie and for those who love "LOVE" would like the movie for sure.

My wife had watched VTV and as per her comparision, the slowness felt in VTV was not felt here because of intelligent use of music throughout the movie. If you are a IR fan, don't miss this movie.

I think GVM has used the songs to more than one hour of footage and i liked this Raja FAN in him and a treat to all IR fans

There is an extended interlude section for "vanam mella", Few lines from "pengal enraal" (pathos version) sung by raja, Original neethane pon vasantham sung by GVM with guitar notes and extended instrumental only of "Satru munbu" in the movie

Fliflo
19th December 2012, 10:47 PM
excerpts of Mr. Mohan (?)

நீதானே
என் பொன்வசந்தம்!!!…

நீண்ட, நெடிய நிஜமான காதலின் முப்பரிமாணத்தை,
நீள, அகலங்கள் குறையாமல், திறம்பட திரையில் வடித்திருக்கிறார்கள் –
கௌதமும், இளையராஜாவும்!!!….

காதலும், இசையும் பிடித்துப்போனவர்களை,
ஒரு முறைக்கு இருமுறை திரையில் பார்க்கத்தூண்டுகிறது -
வசந்த காலத்தில் வந்திருக்கும் இந்த இசையருவி!!!….

டைட்டில் கார்டு போடுவதற்கு “ஸ்டுடியோ மேக்ஸா” இல்ல “மாயா”வா என்று
மண்டையைப் பிய்த்துக் கொள்ளாமல்,
”சரவுண்டு சவுண்டா” இல்ல “டால்பி சவுண்டா” என்று
சிண்டைப் பிடித்துக்கொள்ளாமல்,
ஆர்ப்பாட்டமின்றித் துவங்குகிறது இளையராஜாவின் வயலினும்,
இந்த நூற்றாண்டின் காதலும்!…

பால்யத்தில் சண்டையிட்டுப் பிரிந்த பள்ளித்தோழியை,
கல்லூரியின் கலைநிகழ்ச்சியில்கண்டு ஜீவா வழிவதும்,
”நீ தானே என் பொன்வசந்தம்!….” என்று ஜீவா பாடும்போது
சமந்தாவின் ரியாக்ஷனும், அடடா ஹேஹேய்ய்ய்ய்!!!!

இந்தப்பாடலை ஜீவா மேடையில் பாடும்போதும்,
கிடாரிஸ்ட் கார்டு பிடிக்கும்போதும்,
ஆயிரம் வோல்டேஜ் மின்னல் தெறிக்கிறது – சமந்தாவின் முகத்தில் மட்டுமல்ல,
கேட்கும் அனைவரின் உள்ளத்திலும்!!!

காலத்தைக் கடந்த இசையைமட்டுமல்ல,
கடந்த காலத்தையும் இசைப்பேன் என,
எப்போதும்போல இப்போதும் நிரூபித்திருக்கிறார் இசைஞானி!

”அடிக்கடி உன்னை பிரிந்து போகிறேன்,
மீண்டும் மீண்டும் உன்னைச் சந்திக்க!”
என்ற கவிதைதான் ஞாபகம் வருகிறது –
ஜீவாவும், சமந்தாவும் அடிக்கடி சண்டைபோட்டு பிரியும்போது!…
ஒவ்வொருவருக்கும் உள்ள புரிதலின் தேடல்,
இந்த இருவருக்கும் எதிராய் வினை புரிகிறது!

பிரிதலும், பிரிதல் நிமித்தமுமின்றி, பிரிதலும் சேர்தலுமான
காதலையும், காதல் சார்ந்த இடத்தையும்- குத்துப்பாட்டு, கத்திச்சண்டை ஏதுமின்றி
கிடாரும், க்ளாரினெட்டும், வயலினும், ட்ரம்ஸும் கொண்டு
அழகாகப் பதிவு செய்திருக்கிறார் கௌதம்!….

- மோகன் எஸ்
smohan.aix@gmail.com

rajaramsgi
20th December 2012, 09:34 PM
Ananda Vikatan review for NEPV.. Just giving vikatan's review of Raja sir's music on the movie...

படத்தின் ஹீரோ, பலம்... இரண்டும் இளையராஜாதான். காதலர்கள் இணையும்போது வரும் காதல் கீதமாகட்டும், பிரியும்போது வரும் சோக கீதமாகட்டும்... ராஜா, ஏன் ராஜா என்பதை நிரூபிக்கிறார்.

K
21st December 2012, 10:02 AM
Santhanam's Love Theme Song

https://soundcloud.com/shanmuganagar/localanapaiya-nepv

rajaramsgi
22nd December 2012, 03:46 PM
http://www.vikatan.com/jv/2012/12/yiogmz/images/star.jpg'நீதானே என் பொன் வசந்தம்’ படத்துக்குக் கிடைத்த ஏடாகூட விமர் சனங்களைக் கண்டு நொந்துபோனார் கௌதம் வாசுதேவ் மேனன். 'தெலுங்குல படம் சூப்பராப் போகுது...’ என்று சமாளித்தவர் இப்போது, 'என்னோட அடுத்த படம் நிச்சயம் நல்ல படமா இருக்கும். நம்புங்க...’ என்று நாக்குமூலம் கொடுத்திருக்கிறார்.
-From Junior vikatan.

rajaramsgi
23rd December 2012, 02:00 AM
NEPV Press meet. Raja sir explains the difficulties he faces while composing music in a very lighter way.. it is really funny when he mentioned about the telugu reel he got for bgm composing. He is pleased about the way songs are picturized by not going abroad or away from the actual story scenes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KenQLmQYZ_k

venkkiram
23rd December 2012, 06:21 AM
எப்போதும் போல மனம் திறந்து.. ஆனால் சிறப்பாய் வந்திருக்கிறது.. இதுவரை யாருமே இப்படி செய்ததில்லை என ராஜாவே பாராட்டிய கௌதமிற்கு நன்றிகள் பல.

am0228
23rd December 2012, 10:33 PM
IR awarded Sangeet Natak academy purskar for creative and experimentation category in music.. Finally folks have woken up..

I want Music Academy to wake up and honor this man.. who according to me is the greatest Indian musician of this century..

K
24th December 2012, 07:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lycbvx299Es
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSkZonxbcXQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCnHdtPvcz0

Ilayaraja Kovai Show

venkkiram
24th December 2012, 08:32 AM
கோவை நிகழ்ச்சியில் ராஜாவின் பேச்சு... ஆரம்பத்திலிருந்தே இவரை எதுக்கு ஒரு கவிஞனின் அதுவும் வெகுஜன மக்களுக்கு தெரியாத ஒரு ஆக்கப் பூர்வமான கவிஞரின் விருது வாங்கும் விழாவிற்கு அழைக்கிறார்கள்? இது ஒருவகையில் திருவாசகம் பாடல் வெளியீட்டு விழாவிற்கு ரஜினி, கமல் நட்சத்திரங்களை அழைத்தது போல, ஜெயமோகன் ராஜாவை அழைத்து தனது இருப்பிடத்தை பல வெகுஜன மக்களுக்கும் வெளிச்சம் போட்டு காட்ட நினைக்கிறார் என நினைத்தேன். எதிர்பார்த்தது போலவே ராஜா ஏமாற்றவில்லை. ரஜினி எப்படி திருவாசகம் விழாவிற்கு வந்து எதோ வந்ததிற்கு பேசிவிட்டு செல்வோம் எனப் பேசிவிட்டு சென்றதுபோல, இதில் ராஜாவும். ராஜாவை குறைசொல்ல முடியாது.. அவரைக் கூப்பிடுறவங்களை சொல்லணும்.

rajaramsgi
24th December 2012, 03:51 PM
Was there a music program after the Vishnupuram awards function? It don't look like both the Raja sir show and the award function are held on the same stage. What is this music show about and where it took place?

http://www.jeyamohan.in/?p=33313

raagadevan
24th December 2012, 09:37 PM
Musings of a maestro

By Subha J. Rao (From The Hindu - December 24, 2012)

"Why classify music? Does music need visual props? How many singers can sing for five minutes at a stretch? Composer Ilaiyaraaja, who has just been chosen for the Sangeet Natak Akademi Award, is full of questions."

http://www.thehindu.com/life-and-style/metroplus/musings-of-a-maestro/article4235000.ece?homepage=true

K
25th December 2012, 05:39 AM
http://worldcinemafan.blogspot.in/2012/12/blog-post_24.html

Kovai concert

Hulkster
25th December 2012, 11:58 AM
Not sure if this is to be posted here but anyway :

Was listening to this song which came in the soundtrack of the game "Sleeping Dogs" my brother was playing. I realised that the background beats of the song from 0:00 to 1:26 is very similar to thalaivar's unique disco sound. There is even a sitar/veenai music piece playing as well! Anyone knows which song of Thalaivar matches the beats and the sitar?

Song is actually composed by Flying Lotus, an American Artist who is well known for mixing various soundscapes. Song name is "Flying Lotus - GNG BNG".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4vN5kxyfU4

K
25th December 2012, 01:08 PM
IR about producer and director brothers

http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/news/2012/12/ilayaraja-s-encounter-with-gv-manirathnam-166849.html

venkkiram
25th December 2012, 08:32 PM

Was listening to this song which came in the soundtrack of the game "Sleeping Dogs" my brother was playing. I realised that the background beats of the song from 0:00 to 1:26 is very similar to thalaivar's unique disco sound. There is even a sitar/veenai music piece playing as well! Anyone knows which song of Thalaivar matches the beats and the sitar?

Song is actually composed by Flying Lotus, an American Artist who is well known for mixing various soundscapes. Song name is "Flying Lotus - GNG BNG".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4vN5kxyfU4

Guess it's from a TR composed song..

Rangarajan nambi
25th December 2012, 09:21 PM
Guess it's from a TR composed song.. You r right. Its Indiralogathu sundari rathiri kanavinil vandhalE, a TR song !

Rangarajan nambi
25th December 2012, 09:28 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4vN5kxyfU4 Here thre are guys who doesnt know the diff between a raja song and another ?? Shameful

Hulkster
25th December 2012, 09:47 PM
Oh thanks! Damn, thought it might have been an thalaivar song.

vem
26th December 2012, 05:19 AM
Watched NEPV. Couldn't stand the movie. No story at all. Came to know a few new things: One of them is that there's a country called Malta--No idea why the heroine went there...

Well. Under the pretense of producing an entertainer, such movies give youngsters an illusion that they can keep fighting and joining with their lovers without worrying about their future. Jeeva joins Samantha after the reception-- what happens to the girl whom he ditched ? If she commits suicide, who's responsible ?

I hope the college goers take such movies just for entertainment.

MumbaiRamki
26th December 2012, 10:18 AM
vem,

Malta is that country wher the hosanna song from VTV was shot :)

vem
26th December 2012, 12:48 PM
Gotcha :-)

GMV's movies have taught me several things, although on the surface the dialogues may seem to have been foisted.

A case in point: Jyothika in Vettayadu Vilayadu goes to the US on H1B, leaving her new born in Chennai with her parents and after taking a bitter divorce from her sadistic husband. Good.
But, all of a sudden she recalls an incident in House of Sand and Fog movie, in which Ben Kingsley commits suicide by tying his face inside a plastic cover. She mentions this dialogue when our Inspector Raghavan overhears the muffled sound from her hotel room and breaks down the door. She profusely thanks him and mentions that she wanted to attempt suicide as depicted in the movie.

All said, I wonder who paid the door bill, and I also was happy that she didn't press charges on Raghavan since it is invasion of privacy in the US to break down others' doors :-)

Even a modicum of logic was missing in that movie :-)

Next Nadunisi Naygal: What's he trying to say ? Utter crass.

And now this :-)

Vkrish
26th December 2012, 07:49 PM
Illayaraja gets Sangeet Natak Akademi Award :)

http://www.thehindu.com/arts/music/ilayaraja-gets-sangeet-natak-akademi-award/article4234942.ece

http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-cinema-news-10/a-rare-award-for-ilayaraja-ilayaraja-sangeet-natak-akademi-26-12-12.html

senthilv.com
27th December 2012, 05:38 AM
Watched NEPV. Couldn't stand the movie. No story at all. Came to know a few new things: One of them is that there's a country called Malta--No idea why the heroine went there...

Well. Under the pretense of producing an entertainer, such movies give youngsters an illusion that they can keep fighting and joining with their lovers without worrying about their future. Jeeva joins Samantha after the reception-- what happens to the girl whom he ditched ? If she commits suicide, who's responsible ?

I hope the college goers take such movies just for entertainment.

Anbare,

You don't read newspaper? There's lot more worse things happening that cannot be portrayed even in films.

Ok, you didn't like the film and it was not believable. Cool. But blaming societal problems on films is short sighted. These problems have existed since the time immemorial. We humans from all parts of the world have to come up with different moral codes, religion, tribal gods to scare people long before even a proper stage play was put together. People were better in the past is a fantasy and rewriting history.

Not coming down hard on you just putting things in perspective.

PS: Pls put SPOILERS, if you gonna reveal the ending. Others may be still watching film, it is a basic courtesy. (I have not seen the film yet)

marnsZet
27th December 2012, 07:53 AM
http://solvanam.com/?p=23134

Rangarajan nambi
27th December 2012, 12:38 PM
http://solvanam.com/?p=23134

Very good writeup ! Bass poruthavaraikkum IR real Boss dhAn .

marnsZet
27th December 2012, 08:36 PM
http://pitchaipathiram.blogspot.in/2012/12/ego-trip.html

For a change a favorable review of the movie which is not so favorable about the music!

marnsZet
27th December 2012, 08:41 PM
http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-features/tp-metroplus/musings-of-a-maestro/article4239818.ece

He’s now working on Balu Mahendra’s Thalaimuraigal , Prakash Raj’s Un Samaiyal Araiyil , a remake of the Malayalam hit Salt and Pepper, and Gunasekhar’s Tamil-Telugu historical starring Anushka, Rani Rudhrama Devi .:)

marnsZet
27th December 2012, 08:56 PM
http://www.jeyamohan.in/?p=33409

Wow. I also attended the function and was fortunate enough to see the GOD in close proximity. Am happy for these youngsters who were blessed by HIS presence!

vem
28th December 2012, 06:37 AM
Being an eternal optimist, I've hopes for BM's movie, although his movies have been most disappointing recently. My 2 cents only and not to offend any of BM's fans :-)

1. Julie Ganapathy: BM copied Misery to the scene, and although IR had shined in the BGM part, his songs didn't become as big a hit as his previous ones with BM. Even Jesudoss sounded jaded in the Minmini paarvaaigal song, and I was furious when I saw the picturization for that song---awful at best.
A low budget movie and BM missed the mark sadly. I wish he'd spent a little bit more and suited it to the Indian taste, rather than imitating the original one.

2. Adhu Oru Kana Kalam: IR's songs were good, although not extraordinary. I'm glad IR didn't produce extraordinary songs since the movie was just real crass--everyone falls in love, and there's no mistake in it. But, how can a cop let a convict elope with a girl since he felt that the person couldn't commit another crime... In any event, another low budget one.

Times have changed, and hence I hope the directors also change themselves to the changing needs of the public. I hope BM spends enough money on the songs to give a flavor to the songs from IR.

IMHO

MumbaiRamki
29th December 2012, 10:38 AM
ANDAAL a devotional album by Karthik Raja . Yuvan, Raaja sir, Karthik Raja , Bhavatharini Embar Kannan , Smitha Mahadev , PSBB school students have sung the sogs . Please do buy original CD from Landmark . Samples below .

https://soundcloud.com/rama-krishnan-6/sets/andaal-by-karthik-raja

dochu
2nd January 2013, 03:06 AM
Pleasing and great album from Karthik Raja. Such a great talent is still being on the shelf unused. I am glad he found such non-film projects to work on. Hope to see more.

MumbaiRamki
2nd January 2013, 05:17 PM
The album ill be soon available in flipkart

rooky
3rd January 2013, 01:50 PM
Today's newspaper Ad for R.Sundarrajan's new movie "Nilachoru" with IR as Music Director. Any idea?

stULana
5th January 2013, 08:16 PM
For those who missed this, here is the more folkish/rural version of the prelude of Gundello Godari including IR's voice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQCrOFrg8TY
Enjoy :)

K
7th January 2013, 06:37 PM
எஸ்ஜே சூர்யா இயக்கும் இசை படத்தில் நடிக்க ஒப்பந்தமானார் பிரகாஷ் ராஜ். ஆனால் கதையை முழுசாகக் கேட்டபிறகு விலகிவிட்டார். காரணம் இளையராஜா - ஏ ஆர் ரஹ்மானின் இசைப் போட்டியை மையப்படுத்தி இந்தக் கதையை உருவாக்கியுள்ளாராம் எஸ்ஜே சூர்யா. பல காட்சிகள் இளையராஜாவை அவமதிப்பது போலிருப்பதால், இந்தப் படமே எனக்கு வேண்டாம் என்று கூறி ஒதுங்கிக் கொண்டாராம்.

http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/news/2013/01/prakash-raj-says-no-isai-167542.html

Gregorysab
7th January 2013, 07:30 PM
எஸ்ஜே சூர்யா இயக்கும் இசை படத்தில் நடிக்க ஒப்பந்தமானார் பிரகாஷ் ராஜ். ஆனால் கதையை முழுசாகக் கேட்டபிறகு விலகிவிட்டார். காரணம் இளையராஜா - ஏ ஆர் ரஹ்மானின் இசைப் போட்டியை மையப்படுத்தி இந்தக் கதையை உருவாக்கியுள்ளாராம் எஸ்ஜே சூர்யா. பல காட்சிகள் இளையராஜாவை அவமதிப்பது போலிருப்பதால், இந்தப் படமே எனக்கு வேண்டாம் என்று கூறி ஒதுங்கிக் கொண்டாராம்.

http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/news/2013/01/prakash-raj-says-no-isai-167542.html

Actor Prakash Raj has said No to SJ Surya's Isai, due to the former set the story on the basis of Ilayaraja - A R Rahman clash.

This is weird.. first of all, is there enough meat to this story? secondly, SJ Surya, of all people!!! :-)

rajaramsgi
7th January 2013, 09:38 PM
Actor Prakash Raj has said No to SJ Surya's Isai, due to the former set the story on the basis of Ilayaraja - A R Rahman clash.

This is weird.. first of all, is there enough meat to this story? secondly, SJ Surya, of all people!!! :-)

same news in this week's Junior Vikatan.

http://www.vikatan.com/jv/2013/01/ndqyqy/images/star.jpgசமீபகாலமாக, இளையராஜாவுக்கும் பிரகாஷ்​ராஜுக்கும் அப்படி ஒரு நெருக்கம். எஸ்.ஜே.சூர்யாவின் 'இசை’ படத்தில் பிரகாஷ்ராஜ் நடிப்பதற்கு ஒப்பந்தமாகி இருந்தார். அவரது கதாபாத்திரத்தை இளையராஜாவை இமிடேட் செய்வது​போல அமைத்து இருந்தாராம் சூர்யா. 'நோ’ சொல்லிவிட்டு படத்தில் இருந்து விலகிக்​கொண்டாராம் பிரகாஷ்ராஜ்.

Not sure why this surya dude have to imitate 2 popular personalities in his movie? Neither Raja sir nor Rahman thinks that they are competitors to each other, they both do business in their own way and are successful. With what we know of Raja sir, he seems to be a don't care type when it comes to other music directors. Surya should not be causing damage to their real life characters and is not appropriate even if the story line is not real.

S J சூர்யா அழிய போறாங்கறதுக்கு இதெல்லாம் அறிகுறி. விடுங்க சார், நமக்கு ஆயிரம் ஜோலி.

venkkiram
8th January 2013, 10:57 PM
//
சாருநிவேதிதா, தனது 'கனவுகளின் நடனம்' புத்தகத்தில் தங்களை பயங்கரமாக விமர்சனம் செய்து உள்ளாரே... படித்தீர்களா ?

“ நான் எப்போதாவது காரில் வெளியூருக்குப் போகும்போது வழியில் மெயின் ரோடுகளில் உள்ள கடைகளில் பெயர்ப் பலகைகளைப் பார்ப்பேன். அதில் என் உருவத்தைத் வரைந்து "ராஜா ஆடியோ சென்டர்" என்றோ "இசைஞானி எலக்ட்ரிகல்ஸ்" என்றோ அல்லது "இளையராஜா பேக்கரி" என்று கூட எழுதியிருப்பார்கள். இது தங்கள் கடைகளை எளிதில் பிரபலப்படுத்திக் கொள்ளும் ஒரு யோசனையாக இருந்தாலும் கூட, அவர்கள் என் பாடல்களைக் கேட்டு என் மேல் உள்ள உண்மையான பாசத்தின் பால் அப்படி வைத்துக் கொள்கிறார்கள். “நானும் ராஜாவும்" என்றுகூட spb கச்சேரி பண்ணினான். எத்தனையோ இசைக்குழுக்கள் "ராஜா ராஜாதான்" என்றும் இன்னும் பற்பலவாறு தலைப்புக்கொடுத்து என்னுடைய படத்தையும் போட்டு தானே இசை நிகழ்ச்சி நடத்துவதைப் போல அவர்கள் பிழைக்கிறார்கள். அதிலொன்றும் தவறில்லை. ஆனால் அதேபோல வேறு சிலரும் தங்களையும் தங்கள் எழுத்துக்களையும் எளிதில் பிரபலப்படுத்திக்கொள்ள என் பெயரைப் பயன்படுத்திக் கொள்கிறார்கள். அந்த நப்பாசையால்தான் நீங்கள் குறிப்பிடும் அந்த நபரும் என்னைத் திட்டி எழுதியிருக்கிறார். என் பெயரை வைத்து அவர் பிரபலமாக நினைக்கிறார். ஆகிவிட்டுப் போகட்டுமே. நமக்கென்ன வந்தது.

என்னைப் பற்றி எழுதவில்லையென்றால் அதை யாரும் படிக்க மாட்டார்கள். அதனால் அவரை யார் என்று வெளியில் தெரியாது. பெயரை வேண்டுமென்றே திணிக்க எத்தனையோ வழி; அதில் இதுவும் ஒன்று!”

இளையாராஜாவைக் கேளுங்கள், குமுதம் (16.01.2012)//

kr
9th January 2013, 11:42 PM
cool answer......

Shankar.P
11th January 2013, 03:24 PM
one more in 2013...get ready for
Naadi Thudikkuthadi

krish244
18th January 2013, 03:22 PM
IR to preside over audio launch of Annakodiyum Kodi Veeranum in Madurai on 20th of this month. Maniratnam, Balu mahendra and Mahendran will also be part of this function

http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/news/2013/01/ilayaraja-preside-the-audio-launch-168141.html

"...தான் இசையமைக்காவிட்டாலும், நட்புக்கு மரியாதை கொடுத்து இசைஞானி இளையராஜா சமீபத்தில் கமல் பட விழாவில் பங்கேற்று இசை வெளியிட்டார். இப்போது அதே மரியாதையை தன் இன்னொரு நண்பர் பாரதிராஜாவுக்கும் செய்கிறார்!"

thanks,

Krishnan

rajaramsgi
19th January 2013, 11:43 PM
IR to preside over audio launch of Annakodiyum Kodi Veeranum in Madurai on 20th of this month. Maniratnam, Balu mahendra and Mahendran will also be part of this function

http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/news/2013/01/ilayaraja-preside-the-audio-launch-168141.html

"...தான் இசையமைக்காவிட்டாலும், நட்புக்கு மரியாதை கொடுத்து இசைஞானி இளையராஜா சமீபத்தில் கமல் பட விழாவில் பங்கேற்று இசை வெளியிட்டார். இப்போது அதே மரியாதையை தன் இன்னொரு நண்பர் பாரதிராஜாவுக்கும் செய்கிறார்!"

thanks,

Krishnan

இது சரியாப்படலியே.. மதியாதார் வீட்டு வாசலை, நன்றி கடனுக்காக கூட மிதிக்க வேண்டியதில்லை..உங்களுக்கு தெரியாதது இல்லை ராஜா சார். கேசட் வெளியிட மட்டும் உங்கள் பெயர் தேவை படுகிறது சிலருக்கு.

raja_fan
21st January 2013, 03:22 PM
இது சரியாப்படலியே.. மதியாதார் வீட்டு வாசலை, நன்றி கடனுக்காக கூட மிதிக்க வேண்டியதில்லை..உங்களுக்கு தெரியாதது இல்லை ராஜா சார். கேசட் வெளியிட மட்டும் உங்கள் பெயர் தேவை படுகிறது சிலருக்கு.

Oh...so you think that there will be difference in audio sales if IR releases it ?!
idhu ungalukku sariyaa paduthaa ?

Madhanraj
21st January 2013, 04:00 PM
Ofcourse, it is a publicity when anyone includes IR Name, irrespective of increase in CD sale or not.... Definitely it reaches more people and AD for the film and its name.... There is no doubt and denying....

Madhanraj M

rajaramsgi
21st January 2013, 06:40 PM
Ofcourse, it is a publicity when anyone includes IR Name, irrespective of increase in CD sale or not.... Definitely it reaches more people and AD for the film and its name.... There is no doubt and denying....

Madhanraj M

இல்லாட்டி சோலியன் குடுமி சும்மா ஆடுமா?

News: http://cinema.dinamalar.com/tamil-news/10485/cinema/Kollywood/.htm (http://http://cinema.dinamalar.com/tamil-news/10485/cinema/Kollywood/.htm)
stills: http://www.kollytalk.com/stills/annakodiyum-kodiveeranum-movie-audio-launch-stills/

இந்த படம் எப்படியோ... சமீபத்தில் நடுவுல கொஞ்ச பக்கத்தை காணோம் படம் பார்த்தேன். நல்ல படம் சார். அவசியம் பாருங்க. ராஜா சாருகிட்ட அந்த பசங்க கேட்டிருந்தால் நிச்சயம் அவங்களை என்கரேஜ் பன்றதுகாகவே இசை அமைத்து குடுத்திருப்பார். பெரிய கதை, பட்ஜெட், ஸ்டார் வேல்யு இல்லாத படம் தான், இருந்தாலும் நிச்சயம் நிறைவு தரும் படம்.

Madhanraj
22nd January 2013, 11:10 AM
இளையராஜாவின் ரசிகை நான்! சொல்கிறார் அனுஷ்கா

raja_fan
22nd January 2013, 11:57 AM

Madhanraj M

Mistake !
Celebrities invite and get invited by each other for their respective functions. This is not something new or something which happens only with IR.
Did not Rajni attend Thiruvasagam launch function ?
Will you say IR wanted Rajni in that function, for publicity sake ? or he wanted Vaiko for politics sake ?
Let not our love for IR, blind us to the extent of microscoping every event..

raja_fan
22nd January 2013, 12:00 PM
இளையராஜாவின் ரசிகை நான்! சொல்கிறார் அனுஷ்கா

So..? What is here "IR's name usage" ?
Ennappaa ithu ? If she hasn't told this, what is she going to lose !

Madhanraj
22nd January 2013, 05:55 PM
Yes, I understand and respect your views...

Apart from our views, I enjoy the IR's outing for last 2 years. He is attending functions and giving interviews (TV / Magazines) & Sharing his Views ....
I really like it...

layman10
23rd January 2013, 01:31 AM
So..? What is here "IR's name usage" ?
Ennappaa ithu ? If she hasn't told this, what is she going to lose !

She is acting in a IR movie, so some one would have asked about it.

rajaramsgi
23rd January 2013, 03:08 AM
Canada concert scheduled for February 16th, 2013.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN_kfUCNjGI

venkkiram
23rd January 2013, 09:00 AM
சாரு - ராஜாவின் மீது இவர் வைத்த விமர்சனம் பற்றியும், சமீபத்தில் ராஜா இவரை விமர்சனம் செய்ததை பற்றியும்

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A07kLbZu5o&feature=youtu.be

rajaramsgi
24th January 2013, 01:53 AM
சாரு - ராஜாவின் மீது இவர் வைத்த விமர்சனம் பற்றியும், சமீபத்தில் ராஜா இவரை விமர்சனம் செய்ததை பற்றியும்

கடலோரத்துல தான் வீடா? சுனாமி உன்னைய தூக்கலையே சாரு..

என்னோட கேள்வி: ராஜா சார் உண்மையிலேயே பாப் மார்லியின் இசையை குப்பை என்று சொன்னாரா? அப்படியே சொல்லி இருந்தாலும் அது அவருடைய சொந்த கருத்து. அதை தவறென்று சொல்ல சாரூ யாரு? சாருக்கு இங்கு படைக்கப்பட்ட, உருவாக்கப்பட்ட அனைத்திலுமே மாற்று கருத்து உண்டா இல்லையா?

Anyways,

வெங்கிராம்: வேணு அரவிந்த் தானே நீங்க? வாணி ராணி'ல மறு ரவுண்டு போல... வாழ்த்துக்கள்.

venkkiram
24th January 2013, 02:08 AM
வெங்கிராம்: வேணு அரவிந்த் தானே நீங்க? வாணி ராணி'ல மறு ரவுண்டு போல... வாழ்த்துக்கள். இத்தளத்தில் நான் பூண்ட அவதாரங்களில் அவரும் ஒருவர். நான் அவரில்லை.

dochu
25th January 2013, 07:16 PM
I am not sure, if Charu reads tfmpage posts - this is directed to him.

As Kamal recently said about his issues with Vishwaroopam "Icon bashing is a great way to be noticed when you are not one yourself.".

Charu is an perfect example for the above statement. If IR can be criticized by others, then he can criticize bob marley or whoever he wants. Charu is making this to gain popularity. Grow up please!

stULana
25th January 2013, 08:55 PM
FM radio announced that Gundello Godari will be releasing on Feb 21. So, the Tamil version Marandhaen Mannitthaen might release at the same time.

stULana
27th January 2013, 07:26 PM
Looks like Kamal gave major inputs for Vishwaroopam's BGM to Indrajit. From 15:50 to 19:30, mentions about IR's BGM composing and how that helped him during Vishwaroopam BGM:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CnC3XPysl-I

K
28th January 2013, 09:05 PM
http://minmalar.blogspot.com/2013/01/blog-post.html
அன்னக்கொடியும் கொடிவீரனும் படத்தின் இசை வெளியிட்டு விழா

இயக்குனர் மகேந்திரன் பாரதிராஜாவிற்கும் தன்க்குமான உறவைப் பற்றி பேசும் போது கூறியது, " பாரதிராஜா தனது தாயைப் பற்றி பேசும் போது வார்த்தை வராமல் தடுமாறினார். பாரதிராஜாவைப் பற்றி பேசும் போது நானும் அது போன்ற மனநிலையில் தான் உள்ளேன். என்ன பேசுவது என்றே புரியவில்லை. சினிமாவைப் போல் இங்கும் இளையராஜா ரீரிகார்டிங் செய்தால் எவ்வளவு நன்றாக இருக்கும். ஏனென்றால் நாம் மனதில் நினைப்பதை நம்மை விட மிகத்திறமையாக வெளிப்படுத்த இளையராஜா ஒருவரால் தான் முடியும்"

That is Raja

rajsekar
3rd February 2013, 12:47 AM
Malathi Rangarajan's review of "Kadal" is spot on the film's positive and not so positive aspects, especially the re-recording. It's interesting to note how some reviewers like Malathi focus on the technical aspects of a film, especially sound, camera angles, filters used, re-recording tones, audibility aspects of dialogues. Here is a small snippet:

Figuratively, if you are at sea at many a turn the reasons are obvious. The lingo of the fishing community isn’t completely familiar and before you can decipher what’s being said, ARR’s RR works with a vengeance to make the dialogue in many a sequence absolutely unintelligible. This becomes an exasperating exercise for the viewer and makes the film lose its grip on him. As somebody in the audience suggested, probably subtitles in Tamil would have helped! All the same, wherever it’s audible Jayamohan’s dialogue sparkles.

The snag is that Ratnam has set a high standard for himself. If you are willing to settle for a few twists in the line, some commendable performances, a couple of lilting melodies and visual splendour in a Ratnam film, fine. But if you expect a film in the league of his Mouna Ragam, Agni Nakshatram or Nayakan, you could be disappointed.

Karthik Subramanian's review of NEPV doesn't come very close to Malathi's review, but the review of technical aspects of the movie was good.
http://www.thehindu.com/arts/cinema/neethaane-en-ponvasantham-an-ode-to-ilaiyaraaja/article4203416.ece

Malathi's review of "Neerparavai" was also spot on:
N. R. Raghunandan’s songs are soothing on the ear, and his RR warrants mention. If an award for cinematography is on the cards, Neerparavai’s lensman Balasubramaniem will emerge a strong contender. The stunning visuals of the fishing hamlet are a connoisseur’s delight.

Her review of "Dhoni":

Music is a fine segment of Dhoni. Song wise, Ilaiyaraja's male solos make you tap your feet in appreciation. But it's his RR that works wonders. The impact of a light-hearted scene at an ordinary workplace, such as the Government Registrar Office, gets enhanced by Raja's lilting RR. And the empowering music in the finale lifts not just the ball but our hearts too! Prakash Raj's social consciousness warrants recognition. Grant it to him. Dhoni's tagline, ‘Not Out,' is an understatement. ‘A Straight Six' is more like it. So what if the film is about cricket? It's Advantage Dhoni!

rajaramsgi
4th February 2013, 05:13 PM
From This weeks Anandha Vikatan..

திரைப்படங்களில் பாட ஆரம்பித்து குறைந்த காலத்திலேயே கன்னடத்திலும் மலையாளத்திலும் ஒரு வெற்றிப்பாடகியாக மாறினார் எஸ்.ஜானகி. ஆனால், தமிழில் அவரது இசைவாழ்க்கை எளிதாக உச்சத்துக்குச் செல்லவில்லை. பற்பல வெற்றிப் பாடல்களுக்குப் பின்னரும் அவ்வப்போது சில பாடல்கள் மட்டுமே அவருக்கு இங்கு கிடைத்தன. ஆனால், அவற்றில் அபூர்வமான பல பாடல்கள் இருந்தன.
ஜானகியைத் தமிழின் முதன்மைப் பாடகியாக மாற்றியது இளையராஜாவின் பாடல்கள்தான். இளையராஜாவின் கற்பனைவீச்சைத் தன் குரலால் முற்றிலுமாக எதிர்கொண்டு வாகை சூடிய ஒரே பாடகி ஜானகிதான் என்றே சொல்வேன். அவற்றில் நாட்டுப்புறப் பெண்களுக்கு உரிய குழைவும் தளுக்கும் கச்சிதமாகக் கலந்த எத்தனையோ அற்புதமான பாடல்கள் உண்டு. 'அன்னக்கிளி உன்னத் தேடுதே’, மற்றும் 'மச்சானப் பார்த்தீங்களா’ பாடல்கள் தமிழ்த் திரை இசை யின் திருப்புமுனைகள். 'ராசாவே உன்ன நம்பி’ (முதல்மரியாதை) முதல் 'இஞ்சி இடுப்பழகா’ (தேவர்மகன்) வரை அத்தகைய எத்தனையோ பாடல்கள் உள்ளம் உருகச் செய்துகொண்டே இருந்தன.

இளையராஜா தமிழுக்கு அறிமுகப்படுத்திய நுட்பமான மேலையிசை மெட்டுக்களை அவற்றின் அழகையும் இயல்பையும் பலமடங்காக்கிப் பாடிப் புகழ்பெற வைத்ததில் ஜானகியின் பங்கு மிக முக்கியமானது. 'பருவமே புதிய பாடல் பாடு’ (நெஞ்சத்தைக் கிள்ளாதே), 'பாடவா உன் பாடலை’ (நான் பாடும் பாடல்), 'இது ஒரு நிலாக் காலம்’ (டிக் டிக் டிக்), 'ஓகோ... மேகம் வந்ததோ’(மௌன ராகம்), 'ஒரு பூங்காவனம்’ (அக்னி நட்சத்திரம்), 'இரவு நிலவு’ (அஞ்சலி), 'கண்மணி அன்போடு’ (குணா), 'அன்பே வா அருகிலே’ (கிளிப்பேச்சு கேட்க வா) என்று எத்தனையோ பாடல்களைச் சொல்லலாம்.

http://www.vikatan.com/av/2013/02/zmqmfj/images/av12a.jpg

rajabhakthan
5th February 2013, 02:01 AM
Watched Vishwaroopam at the theatre in Germany this weekend. Though the "Vishwaroopam" song was placed well, the other major "Kathak" song failed to impress inspite of good picturisation.

But where Shankar-Ehsan-Loy failed miserably was in the BGM department. Sweeping takes of "Afganisthan camp" had a pathetic background score, begging for thalaivar's magic touch. Sigh ...

I think Kamal comes up with unimpressive musical albums whenever he teams with somebody else.

venkkiram
5th February 2013, 03:01 AM
If Kamal would have considered Raja for BGM score, it could have been a wonderful movie watching experience for people all over the world.

irir123
5th February 2013, 10:15 AM
yes - but I dont know why having spent so much money on this film, Kamal didnt choose IR for the score

rooky
5th February 2013, 01:59 PM
Watched the movie today and i really missed IR at many a places in the movie; perhaps throughout the movie. 2 mistakes (if i may say so) in the movie were (1) No IR and (2) No climax.

krish244
6th February 2013, 10:04 AM
Rajabhakthan,

I guess, SEL was not involved in BGM. Kamal mentioned another name in Polimer channel interview or some other media. Forgot the name. In any case, no one can match IR's BGM.

Venkkiram,

I am not sure if IR would have agreed to do only BGM!

BTW, how many movies IR was roped in only for BGM (and someone else credited for songs)? I know of Lajja. Any other movie?

irir123,

Very much agree.

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
6th February 2013, 10:06 AM
Rajaramsgi,

Thanks for the Vikatan article. One thing I want to do after reading it is to listen to Mudhal Mariyadhai songs! It has been ages since I listened to the songs of MM.

thanks,

Krishnan

marnsZet
7th February 2013, 07:24 AM
IR COncert In USA!!!!
http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-cinema-news-10/ilayaraja-live-in-concert-in-new-jersey-illayaraja-s-p-b-06-02-13.html

krish244
7th February 2013, 10:01 AM
IR to record songs for Rudrammadevi using London Symphony Orchestra:

http://in.omg.yahoo.com/news/ilayaraja-team-london-symphony-rudrama-devi-director-130606512.html

I sort of expected this to happen ! Exciting!

"Director Gunasekhar says music maestro Ilayaraja plans to record songs for upcoming Telugu period drama "Rudrama Devi" with the London Symphony orchestra.
"Since it's a period film, Raja sir insisted that we record the songs with the London Symphony orchestra. He has already composed six songs for the album and we will start recording very soon with the orchestra in London," Gunasekhar, who is directing and producing the film, told IANS..."

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
7th February 2013, 10:20 AM
Same news in IndiaGlitz. BTW, I see that good intention and good technical crew is working on this movie. Hope for the best.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/telugu/article/90710.html

"...'Maestro' Ilayaraja is composing the music for the film.

Gunasekhar, who has been well-known for massive sets in his movies, says that Ilayaraja has been inspired with the story of the film."Ilayaraja has been stimulated once he heard the story. He has been taking special interest in giving an international standard music for a film which is being done with global standards. The composing of six songs has been completed in the Temple Bay resorts in Chennai", he says.

He says that in addition to giving extraordinary songs, the music genius has decided to record the songs with 'Symphony' orchestra in London.

He adds that the movie is going to be prestigious, in terms of music..."

thanks,

Krishnan

rajsekar
8th February 2013, 12:45 PM
Everyone knows that Kamal nearly lost his shirt by producing "Vikram" and later on "Raaja Paarvai", though music rights came in strongly. So I expected that Viswaroopam would be a world class production with world class music and score. I agree with rooky, irir, venkkiram's comment on background score. Kamal has spent 100 crores on the production but the background score and songs are just ordinary. I cannot understand the simple logic why Kamal didn't give the composing work to Raaja but invited him for the audio launch - very bizarre!!!. Both of them seem to have perfect rapport and majority of Kamal's hit songs are from Maestro. Overall reviews of the film is bad - "The Hindu's" review as always is spot on. No mention of songs or background score which is a big negative for a mega production. I hope that Raajkamal productions could scrape part of 100 crores somehow - tough task. Kamal should also restrict his skills to acting - no one to beat him there.

http://www.thehindu.com/arts/cinema/vishwaroopam-terror-messages/article4392667.ece

SoftSword
8th February 2013, 04:57 PM
Overall reviews of the film is bad

any other links which says the film is bad... i dont understand how u say overall reviews... just want to see ur sample data... as i hav not come across..

SVN
8th February 2013, 07:11 PM
The "100 crore production" as claimed by Kamal itself is questionable!!

Apart from the SFX and action sequences shot in Jordan and the US, where could he have spent huge sums?

He has roped in relatively unknown or out-of-work actors.

Shankar Ehsan Loy have composed only the songs. They ain't expensive.

The BGM is done by a rookie, wannabe composer - Indrajit.

It does not add up. Unless of course (as the producer) he has included a very large sum as his own fees for a) acting and b) directing the movie.

Yes, very little money was spent on publicity (especially no one outside TN had any clue about the film until the 'controversy' began)...
Which begs the question, was the 'controversy' a masterstroke in publicity. As far fetched as it may sound, there's a remote possibility that he tried this as the last ditch attempt to create publicity at zero cost :)

rooky
8th February 2013, 09:34 PM
This is IR's thread.But since it is on Kamal, i am tempted to type this. As per official trade links, Movie (hindi) has about 11.5Cr from Northern belt, about 10Cr (Us and UK) and estimated 35-40 Cr from first weekend in TamilNadu. It has a great run in Bangalore and the numbers from kerala and Andhra are not Known.Surely, KH will get his money back.

On the Money spent, there are few rumours (?); one being 95cr is inclusive of his salary@20cr.

I am already talking about some of the scenes, where IR is greatly missed

Shankar.P
19th February 2013, 03:09 PM
IR scoring music for Myshkin's next venture...

Shankar.P
20th February 2013, 12:24 AM
http://www.jollykolly.com/content/மிஷ்கின்-படத்துக்கு-ராஜா-இசை

Shankar.P
20th February 2013, 12:50 AM
இந்தி படத்தில் பாடினார் கமல்...
http://www.jollykolly.com/seithigal?page=1
http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2013-02-15/news-interviews/37118272_1_kamal-haasan-ilayaraja-balachander

krish244
20th February 2013, 10:03 AM
I am wondering who (someone from media) triggered this old news (of Kamal singing for HAPPI). In a way, happy that this triggers the golden question (for both audio and movie) "When ? When ? When ?"

"...We were in Chennai to record this amazing composition titled 'Zindagi Dish'..."

Absolutely no clue what is happening to the release of audio / movie / BGM!

Looks like the movie may be released in B/W. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ew0gtP9DyQ

The above video is almost a year old and it says the movie was planned for last summer :(

thanks,

Krishnan

rajaramsgi
21st February 2013, 01:19 PM
From this week's Anandha Vikatan. MSV answers a question about Raja sir.

' 'அன்னக்கிளி’ படத்தின் பாடல்கள் வெளிவந்தப்ப, அதைக் கேட்டதும் உங்க மனசுல என்ன நினைப்பு ஓடுச்சு?'''' சிவகுமார் நடிச்ச பல படங்களுக்கு நான் மியூஸிக் போட்டிருக்கேன். 'அன்னக்கிளி’ பட வேலைகள் ஆரம்பிச்சப்பவே புது மியூஸிக் டைரக்டரை அறிமுகப்படுத்துறாங்கனு பேசிக்கிட்டாங்க. படத்தின் பாடல்களைக் கேட்டுட்டு, 'ரொம்பப் பிரமாதமா... இருக்கே’னு நினைச்சேன். அப்போ எங்கே போனாலும் இதே பேச்சாதான் இருந்துச்சு. தம்பி இளையராஜாவைப் பாராட்டினேன். 'அன்னக்கிளி’ வர்றதுக்கு முன்னயே அவரை எனக்குத் தெரியும். என் ட்ரூப்புல கீபோர்டு வாசிச்சிருக்கார். அற்புதமான மேதை. இன்னொரு விஷயம், யாரையும் நான் பொறாமை யோட பார்த்தது இல்லை. ஆனா, போட்டி இருக்கும்.''

'சமீபத்தில் வெளியானதில் நீங்கள் மிகவும் ரசிச்ச தமிழ்ப் பாட்டு எது?''
''ஒரு பாட்டு இல்ல... சில பாடல்களைச் சொல்லலாம். தம்பி இளையராஜா இசையமைச்ச 'நீதானே பொன் வசந்தம்’, ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் இசைஅமைச்ச 'விண்ணைத் தாண்டி வருவாயா’... படப் பாடல்கள் எல்லாம் கேட்குறதுக்கு ரொம்ப இனிமையா இருந்துச்சு. புதுசாவும் இருந்துச்சு!''

http://cdnw.vikatan.com/av/2013/02/nzrint/images/p26b(1).jpg

Dinesh84
21st February 2013, 03:08 PM
What happened between Barathiraja and IR ? :roll:

rajaramsgi
22nd February 2013, 02:28 AM
What happened between Barathiraja and IR ? :roll:

சரியான நேரத்தில் இந்த கேள்வியை கேட்டிருக்கிறீர்கள் தினேஷ்.. உண்மையோ பொய்யோ.. இன்றைய தினமலரில் வந்த செய்தியை படியுங்கள்.

http://cinema.dinamalar.com/tamil-news/11133/cinema/Kollywood/Bharathiraja---Illayaraja-clash-begins.htm

krish244
22nd February 2013, 11:04 AM
Rajaramsgi, thanks for the link.

BR talking about IR's ego and advising in public is inappropriate. He could have expressed the same things in private.

thanks,

Krishnan

Madhanraj
23rd February 2013, 11:47 AM
Everyone likes to Touch IR's that area called Ego. Many times he has admitted it. People makes him upset in the Public which he does'nt like it. Let him be like that, Why touch in wrong side and He has given and dedicated everything in his life for Music. Let everyone talks about it and enjoy it. He is a Man made for Music than anything else..He has done it perfectly and continuing it..Give him that space and respect...I don't even understand why BR after so many years of close friendship with IR, touches that area for no reasons...GOD bless them to continue with their friendship...

Athai Enrendrum Virumbum, Madhanraj

rajaramsgi
23rd February 2013, 12:47 PM
Everyone likes to Touch IR's that area called Ego. Many times he has admitted it. People makes him upset in the Public which he does'nt like it. Let him be like that, Why touch in wrong side and He has given and dedicated everything in his life for Music. Let everyone talks about it and enjoy it. He is a Man made for Music than anything else..He has done it perfectly and continuing it..Give him that space and respect...I don't even understand why BR after so many years of close friendship with IR, touches that area for no reasons...GOD bless them to continue with their friendship...

Athai Enrendrum Virumbum, Madhanraj

இவிங்க திருந்த மாட்டாய்ங்க.. கடலோர கவிதைகளுக்கு அப்பறம் மாத்தி மாத்தி அனந்த விகடன், ஜூனியர் விகடன், குமுதம், தேவின்னு குழாயடி சண்டையைவிட கேவலமா இவிங்க திட்டிகிட்டது எனக்கு இன்னும் ஞாபகம் இருக்கு. இப்போ இதை படிங்க.

http://cinema.dinamalar.com/tamil-news/11147/cinema/Kollywood/Bharathiraja-special-interview.htm

* இளையராஜா உங்களை பற்றி நிறைய பேசி இருக்காறே?

நாங்க அண்ணன் தம்பி நாலுபேரு. ஆனால் நான்தான் பாரதிராஜாவா மாறியிருக்கேன். ஏன்னா கடவுள் என்னை தேர்ந்தெடுத்திருக்கான். என்னை விட திறமையான ஆயிரம் பாரதிராஜாக்கள் சினிமா பக்கமே வரல. அவுங்களுக்கு ஒரு களம் கிடைக்கல. ஆயிரம் ரஜினிகாந்த், ஆயிரம் கமல் இருக்காங்க. அவுங்களுக்கு களம் கிடைக்கல, கமலுக்கும் ரஜினிக்கும் கிடைச்சுது. நாம எவ்ளோ பெரிய ஆளா இருந்தாலும் அது கடவுள் கொடுத்த கிப்ட். நாம வெறும் குழாய்தான், தண்ணிய ஊத்துறது அவன். எந்த குழாய்ல ஊத்தணுங்றத அவன்தான் முடிவு பண்றான். இதுல நான்தான் பெரிய ஆள்னு தலைக்கணத்தோடு திரியக்கூடாது. இதைத்தான்யா அவன்கிட்ட சொன்னேன். அவரு கோவிச்சுக்கிட்டாரு. என்னை பத்தி தப்பு தப்பா சொல்லியிருக்காரு.

நான் ஒண்ணும் உத்தம புத்திரன்னு சொல்லல. என்கிட்டடேயும் 20 சதவிகிதம் அழுக்கிருக்கு. ஆனா 80 சதவிகிதம் பரிசுத்தமானவன். என்னோட அழுக்கு பக்கத்தை பேசுறதுக்கும் நான் தயங்கல. நான் நிர்வாணமானவன், எங்கிட்ட எந்த ஒழிவு மறைவும் கிடையாது. நான் பேசுறது பைத்தியக்காரன் பேச்சுன்னு சொல்லியிருக்கார். நான் அப்படி சொல்ல மாட்டேன். அவரு பேசுறது குழந்தைத்தனமானது. ஒரு விஷயத்தை தெளிவா புரிஞ்சுக்குங்க, வேலை செய்ய முடியுறவன் வேலைய செஞ்சிக்கிட்டிருப்பான். வேலை செய்ய முடியாதவன் தத்துவம் பேசிக்கிட்டுருப்பான்.

njv
23rd February 2013, 01:17 PM
பாரதிராஜா - நீங்கள் இளையராஜாவை புரிந்துகொண்டது இவ்வளவுதானா?

raja_fan
24th February 2013, 08:32 AM
Ada vidungappa !
Ivargal inaindhu ini enna vetti murikka poraanga ?? Andha kaalam ellaam kappal eri poyaachu..
ippodhaikku people will watch this as "fight between two kizhavargal"..that's all...

rajaramsgi
24th February 2013, 11:02 AM
Ada vidungappa !
Ivargal inaindhu ini enna vetti murikka poraanga ?? Andha kaalam ellaam kappal eri poyaachu..
ippodhaikku people will watch this as "fight between two kizhavargal"..that's all...

கரெக்டுங்க..சேர்ந்து வேலை செய்யணும்னு இல்லை.. ஒண்ணா வளர்ந்த புள்ளைங்க, கடைசி வரைக்கும் நட்போட இருந்தா அவங்களுக்கு பெருமை தானே? குடும்பத்தோட இவரு விழாவிற்கு அவர் வரும்போது, அவரை பெருமை படுத்தி அனுப்புவது தானே நியாயம்? ஏற்கனவே நமக்கும் அவங்களுக்கும் வாய்க்கா தகராறு, இப்ப கைய புடிச்சு இழுத்தா விட்ருவமா?

http://reviews.in.88db.com/images/illayaraja-photos/illayaraja-bharathiraja-old-unseen-still.jpg

krish244
24th February 2013, 05:52 PM
IR faces camera for a song in "Naadi Thudikkudhadi"! Check out the photo. The song is "Kadhale Illadha Desam Engirukku..."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/regional/tamil/news-interviews/Ilaiyaraaja-faces-the-camera-for-Selvaa/articleshow/18656157.cms

thanks,

Krishnan

rajaramsgi
25th February 2013, 04:02 PM
இந்தாளு அடங்க மாட்டாரா? இது கிசு கிசுவாகவே இருந்தா தேவலாம். உண்மையாக இருந்தால் கூட ஒன்னும் தப்பில்லை. பட்டினத்தார் தொட்டு கண்ணதாசன் வரை நமக்கு தெரிந்தவர்கள் பட்ட பிறகே ஞானி ஆகினர். அந்த வரிசையில் ராஜா சாரும் இருந்து விட்டு போகட்டும். சேட்டை செய்துவிட்டு, விவரம் புரிந்ததும் அதை நிறுத்தி விட்டார் நம்மவர் என்றே வைத்து கொள்வோம்.. ஆனால் சாகும் வரை, பண்ணுகிற சேட்டைகளை விடமாட்டேன் என்று சிலர் போல் அடம் பிடிக்கவில்லையே.

சுயசரிதை எழுதுகிறார் மண்வாசனை இயக்குனர்
http://img1.dinamalar.com/cini//CNewsImages/NT_130225143758000000.jpgதமிழ் மக்களை இனிமையாக அழைக்கும் மண்வாசனை இயக்குனர் சத்தமே இல்லாமல் தன் சுயசரிதையை எழுதிக் கொண்டிருக்கிறார். சமீப காலமாக மியூசிக் ஞானிக்கும் அவருக்கும் மனக் கசப்பு ஏற்பட்டிருக்குறதால, சுயசரிதையில் ஆரம்ப காலத்தல ரெண்டு பேரும் சேர்ந்து செய்த சேட்டைகளை புட்டு புட்டு வைக்கப்போகிறாராம். கடவுளுக்கு அடுத்த நான்தான் புனிதமானவன்னு சொல்லித் திரியுற மியூசிக் ஞானம் செய்த சேட்டைகளை இந்த ஜனங்க தெரிஞ்சுக்கட்டும்ன்னு தன் நண்பர்களிடம் சொல்லி வருகிறாராம் இயக்குனர். தான் அறிமுகப்படுத்திய நடிகைகளுடன் தனக்கிருந்த நட்பு பற்றியும் வெளிப்படையாக எழுதப்போறாராம். புத்தகத்தை வெளியிட பதிப்பகங்கள் நான் நீ என்று போட்டி போடுகிறார்களாம். இதற்கிடையில் ஒரு வார இதழ் தங்கள் இதழில் தொடராக எழுதுமாறும் அதற்கு பெரிய சன்மானம் வழங்க தயாராக இருப்பதாகவும் கூறியிருப்பதாகச் சொல்கிறார்கள்.

http://cinema.dinamalar.com/tamil-news/11181/cinema/Kollywood/Cine-Gossips.htm

madhu
26th February 2013, 06:19 AM
"வேலை செய்ய முடியுறவன் வேலைய செஞ்சிக்கிட்டிருப்பான். வேலை செய்ய முடியாதவன் தத்துவம் பேசிக்கிட்டுருப்பான்."

அட.அட.. என்ன ஒரு தத்துவம் ?

raja_fan
26th February 2013, 01:47 PM
// பட்டினத்தார் தொட்டு கண்ணதாசன் வரை நமக்கு தெரிந்தவர்கள் பட்ட பிறகே ஞானி ஆகினர் //

Pattinathaar is not a good example. He was a rich merchant, but did not indulge in "Settai".

Better example would be Arunagiri Nathar. He was immersed in lust and then transformed in to a sage by divine intervention.

Even Valmiki was a dacoit who turned to be a great sage.

That's why our elders say "Nadhi moolamum rishi moolamum paarkka koodaathu" [ Don't look for the origins of a river or Rishi ]

BR needs an understanding of Indian culture before jumping on IR's "image makeover".
In India, we say "Each being is potentially divine" as said by Swami Vivekananda . The word "potentially" is the key word here. We all have potential, but who transforms is the thing to look at.

K
27th February 2013, 06:37 PM
1992 Interview
http://isaignanibakthan.blogspot.in/2013/02/371992.html

entertainment
27th February 2013, 09:40 PM
Flipkart's flyte is giving away couple of Maestro's albums for free. They are available for free upto 3rd Mar'13. Songs are available at 320Kbps rate. Go grab.

rajaramsgi
27th February 2013, 10:09 PM
1992 Interview
http://isaignanibakthan.blogspot.in/2013/02/371992.html

Excellent interview.. thanks for posting here K. Raja Sir haven't changed a bit, he is still the same then and now. He is living up to what he said 21 years ago.

----இது பாரதிராஜாவிற்க்காக அப்பவே சொன்ன பதில். சிலருக்கு அழிவு காலம் தொடங்கியாச்சு.

”உங்களை அணுக முடியாதவர்கள் பரப்பும் அவதூறு செய்திகள் உங்கள் காதுகளில் விழுவதுண்டா?”

♫ ”அதுகூட அவர்களால் முடியவில்லை என்றால் அவர்கள் பிறந்த பயன் என்ன?”

teja
2nd March 2013, 01:42 AM
Another biggie:

"Ilayaraja Tunes for Pawan Kalyan"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0tr3DXIZbc&list=UUAR3h_9fLV82N2FH4cE4RKw

rajaalltheway
4th March 2013, 10:32 AM
R. Balkis next has srk and ab in the lead according to
India today.any news?

krish244
4th March 2013, 11:38 AM
Thanks Rajaalltheway for the news! I am really curious to know if IR is (or will be) roped in for this Balki's new movie! Let us see.

thanks,

Krishnan

Fliflo
5th March 2013, 08:43 PM
From Ilayathalam :-

30+ movies in 2013

Maestro Filmography Updated 2013

Ilayaaraja's - Upcoming Tamil Projects

Onaayum Aaatukuttiyum ( Myskin Film )
Un Samayal Arayil ( Prakash Raj Direction)
Naadi Thudikkuthadi ( Director Selva's Film )
Thalaimuraigal ( Balu mahendra's Film)
Kadhal Kanuv Kolai ( Velu prabakaran's Film)
Nilasouru ( R.SunderRajan's Film )
Maranthen Mannithen ( Audio Released )
Thandavakonna ( Audio Released )
Megha
Sri Ramanujar - life Histroy
Padithurai ( Arya Production )
Pachaikudai
Kulasekaranum Coolipadaiyum
Thirumangalatil Yaanai ( Directed by Rajkiran )
Veli Kaathaan - ( Directed by Vinuchakaravarthi )

Malayalam Project's

Samrajyam 2 Son of Alexander ( Directed by Perarasu ) BGM ONLY
EMSsum Pennkuttiyum
Sathiyan anthikad Untitied Movie ( Mohanlal Staring)

Telugu Projects

Rani Rudrama Devi - First Indian Bilingual Historic Stereoscope 3d
Gundello Godari
Ulavacharu Biryani
Chettu Kinda Pleader - Directed by Krish of Vedam)
Sathya Sai baba - life Histroy
Music and Dance
Oh My God
GOOD LUCK
Vishal Starting Untitled

Kannada Projects

Aaa Dinagulu - Directors Film
Sa Ri Ga Ma

Hindi Projects

Happi - Bhawana Talwar Film
Assi Nabey Poore Sau
Balki's Movie - untitled

Punjabi Project

Mouna Raagam- Remake

Marathi Projects

Touring Talkies

** Thalaivar @ Riot :) this year our Gods Musical Treat Get Ready Friends and Fans ......

Raaja saranam

Madhanraj
6th March 2013, 09:08 PM
Unga List Parkum pothu 2013la RAAJAVE SARANAMNU irukkanum POLA irukku. Even otherwise it was like that only all these years. Great Info... Proves Raaja is always Great & Going & Doing Great...

Madhanraj M

raja_fan
7th March 2013, 04:06 PM
Unga List Parkum pothu 2013la RAAJAVE SARANAMNU irukkanum POLA irukku. Even otherwise it was like that only all these years. Great Info... Proves Raaja is always Great & Going & Doing Great...

Madhanraj M

Aiyyaa..., oru nimisham please...

Aduththa varushamum indha list-la paadhi padam appadiye irukkum...
you asking "why ?" ? Because half of this list has been films which have been just anounced years ago !

krish244
7th March 2013, 08:32 PM
IR emerges on top as "Best music composer of all time" in poll conducted by IBN Live poll:

"...AR Rahman (29%) might have received accolades at every possible stage including the Oscars but it is Ilayaraja (49%) who rules hearts down South. His association with Mani Ratnam and other noted filmmakers of Tamil and other languages paid him back in the poll when he escaled high among stalwarts such as SP Balasubramanyam (7%) and RD Burman (4%)."

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/ibnlive-poll-k-balachander-not-satyajit-ray-is-indias-greatest-director/377240-8-66.html

thanks,

Krishnan

njv
7th March 2013, 11:49 PM
From Ilayathalam :-

30+ movies in 2013

Maestro Filmography Updated 2013

Ilayaaraja's - Upcoming Tamil Projects

Onaayum Aaatukuttiyum ( Myskin Film )
Un Samayal Arayil ( Prakash Raj Direction)
Naadi Thudikkuthadi ( Director Selva's Film )
Thalaimuraigal ( Balu mahendra's Film)
Kadhal Kanuv Kolai ( Velu prabakaran's Film)
Nilasouru ( R.SunderRajan's Film )
Maranthen Mannithen ( Audio Released )
Thandavakonna ( Audio Released )
Megha
Sri Ramanujar - life Histroy
Padithurai ( Arya Production )
Pachaikudai
Kulasekaranum Coolipadaiyum
Thirumangalatil Yaanai ( Directed by Rajkiran )
Veli Kaathaan - ( Directed by Vinuchakaravarthi )

Malayalam Project's

Samrajyam 2 Son of Alexander ( Directed by Perarasu ) BGM ONLY
EMSsum Pennkuttiyum
Sathiyan anthikad Untitied Movie ( Mohanlal Staring)

Telugu Projects

Rani Rudrama Devi - First Indian Bilingual Historic Stereoscope 3d
Gundello Godari
Ulavacharu Biryani
Chettu Kinda Pleader - Directed by Krish of Vedam)
Sathya Sai baba - life Histroy
Music and Dance
Oh My God
GOOD LUCK
Vishal Starting Untitled

Kannada Projects

Aaa Dinagulu - Directors Film
Sa Ri Ga Ma

Hindi Projects

Happi - Bhawana Talwar Film
Assi Nabey Poore Sau
Balki's Movie - untitled

Punjabi Project

Mouna Raagam- Remake

Marathi Projects

Touring Talkies

** Thalaivar @ Riot :) this year our Gods Musical Treat Get Ready Friends and Fans ......

Raaja saranam

It is not posted officially by Ilayathalam. Raaja sir is definitely NOT doing punjabi film (atleast he wasnt aware). Regardless, its good to see this list. Thalaivar gave his best when he had many project (i.e. under pressure), so I am hoping we will have some gems coming out of 2013.

rajaramsgi
8th March 2013, 05:35 PM
Repeating the news to keep you awake :-) From Junior vikatan:

மிஷ்கின் இயக்கும் 'ஓநாயும் ஆட்டுக்குட்டியும்’ படத்தில் ஒரு பாடல்கூட கிடையாது. படம் முழுக்​கப் பின்னணி இசையின் ருத்ரதாண்டவம்தானாம். அதனால்தான் விளம்பரங்களில் பின்னணி இசை என்று பிரசுரிக்​காமல், முன்னணி இசைக்கோர்ப்பு என்று இளையராஜாவை முன்​னிலை செய்தாராம், மிஸ்கின். 'வழக்கு எண் 18/9’ படத்தின் கையேந்தி​பவன் ஸ்ரீ தான் ஹீரோ. 'நந்தலாலா’வுக்குப் பிறகு முக்கியமான வேடத்தில் மிஷ்கினும் நடிக்கிறார்.

stULana
8th March 2013, 06:59 PM
Gundello Godari (Telugu) has released to mostly +ve talk: http://idlebrain.com/movie/archive/gundellogodari.html
Most are saying it is worth watching once. The Tamil version Maranthaen Mannithaen is scheduled to release on March 22, 2013.

"Other departments: Songs and background music by Ilayaraja forms the major strength of the movie. A film of this nature sans regular commercial elements need a big support from technical departments and Ilayaraja’s background music helped in creating a feel. Cinematography by Palani is another asset. He has created a mood for flood scenes and night shots with his good cinematography. Dialogues are natural. Graphics work makes us relive the floods. Since it’s a film set in backdrop of 1986 floods, extreme care has been taken. The costumes and hairstyle remind us of 80’s. The posters used as backdrop are from popular 80’s films (Agni Parvatham, Vetagadu, Goonda etc). Ilayaraja has used his popular tunes from 80’s (Banthi Chemanthi…) as radio songs in few occasions in first half. Producer Lakshmi Manchu surely has a lot of guts to make a film like ‘Gundello Godari’ that defies regular format and tries something that is really new."

Another website says:
"Music by Maestro Ilayaraja is alright but he once again gives a scintillating background score. There are few moments and pieces which stay with you long after the film is finished."

stULana
8th March 2013, 07:11 PM
One more review: http://www.mirchi9.com/movienews/gundello-godari-review/

"All the songs by Ilayaraja are good and are situational. The rerecording produced by using some rare instruments worked out big time and added feel to the movie. Dance movements are also in sync with the songs.

MR Palani Kumar’s camera work is excellent. Especially, the difficult flood scenes are effectively dealt with. The grading which is important for a movie involving lot of sets turned out very well. Editing by Nagi Reddy could have been a lot better especially in the second half."

"What about its box office prospects?
Lakshmi Manchu had pinned high hopes on the movie to attain the much required commercial success. She should be commended for attempting brave subjects like this. At the same time, she should learn that commercial elements are extremely important for the success at the box office.

Did I enjoy it?
Not bad."

Going by the reviews, (as Telugu viewers expect more commercial elements :roll:) this movie may be well received in Tamil.

sivasub
9th March 2013, 06:34 AM
Review from The Hindu

http://www.thehindu.com/features/cinema/cinema-reviews/gundello-godari-love-in-the-time-of-floods/article4488073.ece

Ilayaraja’s music was one of the best things that happened to South Indian cinema, especially in the 80s. Many mediocre films that sailed through the box office owe it to the maestro’s music. So when Ilayaraja is at work for a film set in the mid 80s, there’s magic. He treats us to songs and background score reminiscent of the 80s and even uses a composition from his first film Annakili (1976). More on this later, but first a closer look at this refreshing film.

The film is worth a watch. As a bonus, there’s the maestro’s musical treat. We hear snatches of hit songs from the 80s in some scenes. From the sounds of gushing waters to the violins that create the mood of the fury of the river, there’s an apt background score for every part of the film.

teja
9th March 2013, 10:05 AM
Saw the premiere show yesterday. As mentioned in many reviews, Raja's score is the best thing to happen to this film. Background score is excellent in most of the scenes. Beginning credits, end credits, boat race scene, tapsi-adi love track scenes stand out in particular.
Good:
- Raja's score
- Flood scenes
- Cinematography
- Unconventional storyline
Bad:
- Item song #1
Ugly:
- Item song #2

Madhanraj
11th March 2013, 11:07 AM
@ Raja_fan
Aiyyaa..., oru nimisham please...
Even 25% of the movies comes out, we will be blessed with Year 2013 with IR's Music...
May GOD bless him with Good Health and as usual GREAT MUSIC...

stULana
14th March 2013, 10:49 AM
Watch Sri Rama Rajyam (Tamil) this Sunday (March 17) in Sun TV at 6:30 PM. Enjoy the BGM/songs and other aspects of the movie.

krish244
15th March 2013, 10:11 PM
Article (series) by Charulatha Mani on Carnatic Raagas. This time it is about Kedaram/Bahaduri.

"...In film music, this raga has been used in only very few pieces; speciality pieces, one could say. Ilaiyaraaja has given us ‘Ithu Oru Ponn Maalai Pozhudhu’ from Nizhalgal. The opening phrase indubitably establishes the identity of the raga, touching upon the essentials — ‘GMPN / SNP / SPM / GRS / SRG, S’. The slide from the Sadja to Pancama, and thereafter to Gandhara, is seamless, ideally following the raga lakshana (characteristic).

In Michael Madana Kama Rajan, the song ‘Sundari Neeyum’ was a cracker. Imposing string sections setting the stage in the opening pallavi, the classical touch imparted by the singer Kamal Hassan, and the frilly janta prayoga in ‘...Cherum Nanneram — PMMGGRRSS’ leave one gobsmacked at the maestro’s musical virtuosity. The jaaru (steep glide in notes) between the Sadja and lower sthayi Pancama ‘…Soppana Logathil Kooda’ is charming and very becoming for this raga...

...The signature piece in Bahudari in classical music is ‘Brova Barama’ by Tyagaraja. This song has been sung by Yesudas and used by Ilaiyaraaja in the Sivaji-starrer Kavari Maan. The phrase ‘DNPMG’ is most suited for this raga and Tyagaraja opens this well-loved piece with it..."

http://www.thehindu.com/features/friday-review/music/mood-enhancers/article4512233.ece

thanks,

Krishnan

K
16th March 2013, 06:45 PM
http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/news/2013/03/gautham-menon-alleges-harassment-elred-kumar-171658.html

இப்படத்திற்கு பணியாற்றிய மூத்த கலைஞர் ஒருவர் மீதும் அந்நிறுவனத்துக்கு அதிருப்தி இருந்தது. ஆனால் அந்த கலைஞரால்தான் படத்துக்கு கூடுதல் விற்பனை மதிப்பு கிடைத்தது. அதையும் மேடையிலும் பட நிறுவன அதிபர் தெரிவித்தார். பின்னர் சிலரிடம் அதுபற்றி மாற்று கருத்து கூறி இருக்கிறார். தற்போது நான் தொல்லையில் சிக்கி இருக்கிறேன். அதிலிருந்து என்னைக் காப்பாற்றுங்கள்," என்று, குறிப்பிட்டிருக்கிறா

Fliflo
16th March 2013, 10:43 PM
GVM's original letter

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/91852.html

Shankar.P
17th March 2013, 10:19 PM
யதார்த்தம் சொல்லும் கதையில் முதல் பாதி முழுக்க காமெடியால் காட்ச¤களை நகர்த்த முயல்வது, சீரியஸ்தனம் குறைப்பது, இறுதியில் வரும் அந்த குத்து பாட்டு இது எல்லாம்தான் பரதேசியை அந்நியப்படுத்தும் விஷயங்கள். குறிப்பாக ஜி.வி.பிரகாஷின் இசை. தொழிலாளர் வர்க்கத்தின் அவலத்தை பதிவு செய்யும் படைப்புக்கு பாலாவின் ஆஸ்தான இசையமைப்பாளர் அல்லவா இருந்திருக்க வேண்டும். அவரால் மட்டும்தான் அந்த வலியை இசையால் மீட்ட முடியும். அந்த விதத்தில் மட்டுமே பாலா தோற்றிருக்கிறார்.

http://www.jollykolly.com/content/பரதேசி

baroque
18th March 2013, 07:45 AM
http://cinema.dinamalar.com/tamil-news/10464/cinema/Kollywood/Ilayaraja-song-in-DTS-sound.htm

What are the titles of the music albums? How can we buy them?

while wondering about the news, prelude bass guitar-flute pattukku pattu in POOJAIKETHA POOVIDHU from FINDERS KEEPERS-K.S.Chithra with Ilaiyaraaja track enchants my mood! MAGICAL! :)
thanks to V_S for bringing the albums to my attention!

krish244
18th March 2013, 11:59 AM
It seems IR used only live instruments (and no electronics) for BGM of "Maranthen Mannithen".

"Ilaiyaraaja has composed the background music for director Kumar Nagendra's upcoming film Maranthen Mannithen, without using electronics, but with live musicians! At the audio platinum disc function of the film, which happened recently in Chennai, Ilaiyaraaja expressed his concern over original, human composed music disappearing, as the next generation are using electronics. But the maestro added that music will never die, though the technology is changing..."

http://www.galatta.com/tamil/news/ilaiyaraaja-composed-music-with-live-musicians/68259/

thanks,

Krishnan

rajsekar
18th March 2013, 09:40 PM
2012 National film awards is much better than 2011. I was eagerly expecting "Dhoni" to bag Best Background score. Bijipal bagged it for the Malayalam movie "Kaliyachan" - the film is yet to be released. Shailendra Barve got the score award for Marathi film "Samhita". Shailendra had worked with Yuvan for the film "Striker" in 2010. It's now a standard practise in Hindi and Malayalam to separate music score and background score. I wish Tamil films too follow the same path. Most of the songs are anyway copycats and background score has plenty of avenues for creativity.

Other disappointments: - "Neerparavai" was a strong contender for several awards, notably for background score (Raghunanthan), lyrics (Vairamuthu), cinematography (Balasubramaniam, was excellent and front runner to bag the award), lead actor/ actress and direction. I haven't watched "Paradesi" yet, but Maestro should have done the background score - just a single award (Costume design) for "Paradesi". The best Tamil Film "Vazhaku En 18/9 has music scored by guitarist Prasanna (first film for him) was also highly praised for the score.

What happened to "Dhoni"? Any other notable omissions in Tamil?

stULana
20th March 2013, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Rajasaranam - IR starts composing the BGM for Naadi Thudikkudhadi: http://twitpic.com/ccu7wd

Shankar.P
21st March 2013, 07:30 PM
remake films like DHONI wont be considered for national awards. just relax...

raajarasigan
21st March 2013, 08:52 PM
Was Dhoni a remake? It's a news to me :neutral:

stULana
21st March 2013, 09:25 PM
Yes, a Marathi film remake. I believe Prakash Raj's next is also a remake.