PDA

View Full Version : Maestro ilaiyaraaja news & titbits

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17

jaiganes
4th October 2012, 12:21 AM
Singer Devan Ekaambaram is the guest on innisai mazhai (kalaignar tv) for this week. He's been singing many Raaja songs (while playing on an acoustic guitar). The portions that I caught on TV today had pani vizhum malarvanam and en iniya pon nilaavE. Speaking about the former he said that Naattai is generally a very 'bluesy' scale and that Raaja has used this very well in this song, keeping the chords in the blues style while the veenai and flute operate almost purely in carnatic. About the latter, he explained how the song is loaded with so many different elements and how it straddles seamlessly between the minor and major scale chords and also spoke about how packed/dense the chord progression in this one is.

I don't think this program is uploaded/host by any websites these days; I still haven't found the Yugendran Vasudevan Menon episode (which featured the brilliant bass guitar explanation portion). If anyone here has recording option available with their TV cable service provider, please try getting this show tomorrow and day-after.

It is Yugendhran Vasudevan Nair!! Jaadhi romba mukkiyam saar.

musiukunit
4th October 2012, 11:50 AM
If I assume that this is true - I feel it's unfair to blame KB too much. I know they should've waited but still... They are in business. Atleast they asked him, that too twice. It's not that they dumped him without telling him. I get a feeling that its an impulsive decision that raaja took for a small issue. I mean, it really didn't require such a big decision. These kind of things happen everywhere right, in every profession and with already 400 films in his past, raaja should have, by then, known all such things out of experience and must have acted practically. That (mis)interpretation that they came only for his name and not for music seems farfetched. They came to him only, not anyone else! To clap, you need both hands. To patch up also! It looks like a silly oath taken in a bad mood!

My opinion strictly based on translation by kamesh!

We can paint all practical thinkings over this. But it just again shows what all conditions and compromises small or big one has to do and how Raja has survived the tides of business and politics and trends.

He has a a value system..right or wrong and sticks to it.
His music is also an offshoot of his value system.His values and music are inseperable.

If he had started bending for everything, i dont think we would be holding him so close to our hearts.

He rarely compromises. Even in compromising situations he somehow escapes with his value system.
Even in his music that is the case ..In every kuthu song he brings a melody

He may have made his mistakes. He may have some other times taken a business approach.
But i for one always would salute his strong value system and philosophy. It is what he is. It is what makes his music.

kiru
4th October 2012, 12:19 PM
We can paint all practical thinkings over this. But it just again shows what all conditions and compromises small or big one has to do and how Raja has survived the tides of business and politics and trends.

His music is also an offshoot of his value system.His values and music are inseperable.

If he had started bending for everything, i dont think we would be holding him so close to our hearts.

He rarely compromises. Even in compromising situations he somehow escapes with his value system.

He may have made his mistakes. He may have some other times taken a business approach.
But i for one always would salute his strong value system and philosophy. It is what he is. It is what makes his music.

Very eloquent.. I wrote something on this topic but killed it. You have said it well. I ignore the man's faults and weaknesses and just enjoy the music. Genius they say is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration. He is the best example. The man is hard work personified. Many people are successful by a variety of ways and means. But this man is so true to his self.. he can look straight into your eyes and say .."ithula uLLa ovvoru notum ennOdathu" !!!
You said he has "survived the tides of business, politics and trends!'' (very nice choice of words)..I would say he as stayed on top of all these.. Many people talk about hard work but with this man it is about the basics/fundamentals and working from first principles. and that is how he is able to create music endlessly, tirelessly and very successfully.

Gregorysab
4th October 2012, 01:50 PM
aakarsh,

It doesn't tell the whole story of IR-KB break-up but only the specific PPA episode.

- IR was upset that they wanted to only use his name and not his fresh composition (creative artist, understandable)

- They used old tracks, fine - but why non-IR track? (Ek dujE kE liyE, as reported by raja_fan), this could have irritated him more. I think those days, even non-IR songs weren't that much allowed to be part of his movies (like passing references, as sung by a character etc)

- For the next movie, we don't know whether KB approached IR...that's not told here, so, it could be that KB was adamant as well

-IR claims here that only when KB's production house did a Rajinikanth movie, Rajini came to IR. (possibly aNNAmalai). Even this time, as claimed by IR, a) KB didn't approach IR directly as the producer, b) not even told Rajini the prior-friction but simply despatched him to beg IR

So, ego problem is not from IR only...

App-engine, Balachidam and Kiru,

I am not the one to comment on value-system or the correlation between value-system and music generated. We know that he has his own value-systems and there isn't anything new that we can write about his brain and the music he makes.

I just felt that the interpretation that KB & team want only his name and not the music sounds a bit farfetched. I dont mean to take side of KB here. But I earlier thought that KB used IR's scores without telling him. But the article says that they approached him. As a producer, what can KB do? either wait for IR or proceed with alternative (IR scores). I feel that he proceeding with using the scores is not THAT BIG A SIN, given the circumstances (strike and all). Remember a S.Janaki interview when Janaki admitted that she had differences with Raaja because when she was late for some recording, Raaja proceeded with Jency and did not inform Janaki. Who doesn't make mistakes? Such things happen everywhere sometimes. That quick interpretation by Raaja that they cant wait and they want only my name, sounds a bit too much for me. Lookslike it sprang out of a bad-mood. When you have a bad day in office, even small irritating issues at home seem big and result in bad temper. This seems to be a case like that :-) Only difference is tempers come down usually for people, but here it looks as if he has taken an oath at that moment,

I am not aware of Ek Duje Ke Liye songs because I never watched PPA. and i think even if they used, its hardly a big deal. I dont think its an issue for Raaja (who didnt mind old telugu songs to be re-used and remixed for Kanaka Mahalakshmi recording dance troupe).

Yes, KB also should have given up his ego and should have tried to patch up. Like I said, it takes two hands to clap.

But then Raaja is an artist. And artists do have their own deficiencies. we cannot do anything but just accept his music. Thats all. I know that this split was unfortunate. But lets not put the blame squarely on just 1 person - be it Raaja or KB or anyone in Kavithayala team or Rajnikanth. Its a misunderstanding between all.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
4th October 2012, 02:21 PM
http://www.thehindu.com/arts/music/article3964400.ece?ref=audio

Ilaiyaraja, through Bala's eyes

The first podcast in a series on the maestro.
So this is going to continue, good! :)

rajaramsgi
4th October 2012, 02:50 PM
So this is going to continue, good! :)

which Bala is that? Director Bala?

also, what is he talking about Gramophone? that was long gone before Raja sir. It was the record player that was poular in Raja sir's early days.

musiukunit
4th October 2012, 03:42 PM
App-engine, Balachidam and Kiru,
I feel that he proceeding with using the scores is not THAT BIG A SIN, given the circumstances (strike and all). Remember a S.Janaki interview when Janaki admitted that she had differences with Raaja because when she was late for some recording, Raaja proceeded with Jency and did not inform Janaki. Who doesn't make mistakes? Such things happen everywhere sometimes. That quick interpretation by Raaja that they cant wait and they want only my name, sounds a bit too much for me. Lookslike it sprang out of a bad-mood. When you have a bad day in office, even small irritating issues at home seem big and result in bad temper. This seems to be a case like that :-) Only difference is tempers come down usually for people, but here it looks as if he has taken an oath at that moment,
I am not aware of Ek Duje Ke Liye songs because I never watched PPA. and i think even if they used, its hardly a big deal.
But then Raaja is an artist. And artists do have their own deficiencies. we cannot do anything but just accept his music. Thats all. I know that this split was unfortunate. But lets not put the blame squarely on just 1 person - be it Raaja or KB or anyone in Kavithayala team or Rajnikanth. Its a misunderstanding between all.
Actually aakarsh I am not blaming anybody at all. I am only looking at our raaja's line of thought.

The great man speaks very little. And that is why whatever he speaks gives the only door to his line of thought. It is the same thought process that gives his music also. Many dont analyse it properly and then say its irritating or plain stupid.

When we analyse great souls we have to be very careful and not put our way of thinking and interpretations.

You say it is a bad moment. But i cant think it is momentary. Because only past week KB was praising Raja to heaven and Raja could have easily swept this under carpet. But he still remembers this very clearly and has written it now. May be there were other clashes and this was the tip of them all. Yet it has hurt him so much.

You can give many instances where raja has done similar mistakes. We may never know the justifications for it. Regarding Janaki incident he has done similar thing to chithra and commented on her being late and she was crying. Seeing this raja felt bad and gave her a Sami padam and said she must not shed a tear in his studio. He is a great soul almost childish.

That is why what he has done in this instance of which we know is something unheard of.
Its a petty issue for others. But not for him. It has hurt his core

Let us look at this way
You give your everything and create some wonderful songs for the movie and then wait to do Background music.
Think of this...
What has Ilaiyaraja to gain from doing a background music. How many people are going to listen to that let alone prasie him.
If anything Raja would gain from not doing background score like so many MDs today who just do songs and outsource BGM to others.
He can do more songs in that time and make more fame / money. Many would have jumped at the chance...

Yet here is a guy who has done 400 films and then feels hurt for the fact that he is not doing the BGM for a movie and people are not taking his music seriously. It hits his core badly.
Here is a guy who rejects KB and Rajini for this.
In our practical world we would say move on. He hasnt.
He hasnt moved on for KB or Rajini who have the biggest say in tamil film industry.

I don’t find anything fault with KB or Rajini at all. They have been practical. But Raja on the other hand..

Right or wrong. I salute the man. He has so much respect and pride on his work.
I would always salute anybody who puts his work next to god and not bow to anybody else.

Kimrep
4th October 2012, 07:42 PM
I think this came out of respect for his art.

He picks up a fight with arguably the most influential film maker in tamil cinema because he felt all KB needed was his name and songs to get the movie out and his BGM did not add value.

On the other hand a newbie director just out of film school, RK Selavamani, tells him he doesnt need his songs because he wants his movie to stand on its own and be successful without any help from his songs. IR takes it as a challenge and scores BGM and then asks him go watch the movie without the score and see if it makes a difference. He goes on to work with Selvamani on Sembaruthi loaded with songs.

BTW, as someone else already posted, of all the director's speeches in NEPV launch, RK selvamani's was the most insightful.

layman10
4th October 2012, 08:36 PM
Any Idea what filim there are taking about? http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/86804.html Supposedly a period
film.

Another update http://www.dc-epaper.com/PUBLICATIONS/DC/DCC/2012/10/04/Article/101/04_10_2012_101_019.jpg

layman10
4th October 2012, 08:43 PM
Celebrating the career of Kollywood composer Ilaiyaraaja on Chicago public radio.
http://www.wbez.org/globalnotes/celebrating-career-kollywood-composer-ilaiyaraaja-102862

(irir123 is it you?! - even better if they did themselves). My long time dream to see Raja featured in music centric public radio programs. Hope this one goes to NPR.

layman10
4th October 2012, 09:13 PM
Raja arrives in Canada (Airport pics) http://www.tamilstar.com/photo-galleries/tamil-movies-ilaya-raja-in-canada/01-tamil-movies-ilaya-raja-in-canada-ilaya-raja-in-canada-ilaya-raja-in-canada.html

KV
4th October 2012, 09:28 PM
Any Idea what filim there are taking about? http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/86804.html Supposedly a period
film.

Another update http://www.dc-epaper.com/PUBLICATIONS/DC/DCC/2012/10/04/Article/101/04_10_2012_101_019.jpg

Whoa! This will be awesome if it turns out to be true! :fingers crossed:

app_engine
4th October 2012, 10:15 PM
Gautam & (mike) Mohan looking at the rAsA cake :

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-DprPGMWcsdI/UGx5v2IJQPI/AAAAAAAASzw/0t3lqZlKmo4/s1600/A%2BTribute%2Bto%2BIsaigani%2BIlayaraja%2BBirthday _14.jpg

app_engine
4th October 2012, 10:16 PM
For more pictures, go to this blog:
http://celebrityeventimages.fingertipszone.com/2012/10/a-tribute-to-isaigani-ilayaraja.html

baroque
4th October 2012, 10:49 PM
layman10,
THANKS.

'give me 45 mins, I do the film score for you!'
'nice!!':-D:clap:

Rasa, You are a music maniac!

baroque
4th October 2012, 11:02 PM
http://www.mayyam.com/talk/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by layman10 http://www.mayyam.com/talk/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?p=961869#post961869)
Any Idea what filim there are taking about? http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/t...cle/86804.html (http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/86804.html) Supposedly a period
film.

Another update http://www.dc-epaper.com/PUBLICATION...12_101_019.jpg (http://www.dc-epaper.com/PUBLICATIONS/DC/DCC/2012/10/04/Article/101/04_10_2012_101_019.jpg)

fantastic, rudramadevi was the one built warrangal fort, remember we studied in social studies!

Raja plans to adhere to periodic feel in choice of his instruments!

sorry... no bass lines for you boys!:smile2:

You spoiled them with glamour & romantic attraction, Rasa!

Gregorysab
5th October 2012, 11:14 AM

This is not confirmed news yet i guess. But Gunasekhar is a commercial director known for building opulent sets in his films. He made Okkadu (which was remade in tamil with Vijay as hero). His films usually have music by Mani sharma. I am surprised that Raaja is considered.

By the way, the producer of Sri Rama Rajyam has roped in M.M.Keeravani for his next production to be directed by K. Raghavendra Rao :-)

KV
5th October 2012, 04:41 PM
^yup! I'm aware of that! And I think Gunasekhar's graph has been on the down curve for some years now, right? All this aside, its just that the prospect of Raaja scoring for a period film excites me as a fan. anthE bossu.

dochu
5th October 2012, 07:21 PM
A small digression:
Hope seasoned members of forum can clarify. Why is IR's number of films (>900) considered a guinness record? Lately, even simple thing like dressing up like Gandhi (highest number of kids on 2nd Oct), received Guinness record.

I checked IMDB for notable musicians like Jerry Goldsmith, John Williams etc. They haven't reached that high number.

Hope like symphony it doesn't continue to exist as unsolved mystery.

Gregorysab
5th October 2012, 07:39 PM
By the way, Balki's wife's English Vinglish is getting good reviews. And looks like the BGM has Raaja influence, as written here: http://movies.fullhyderabad.com/english-vinglish/hindi/english-vinglish-movie-reviews-5088-2.html

They've roped in Amit Trivedi for the music, but interestingly, the background score retains an Ilayaraja touch. It is, in any case, a good collection of compositions.

thumburu
5th October 2012, 11:07 PM
The problem was no recording was available in chennai due to strike and KB had to release the movie. No way they could bring it to mumbai and do it and we know how busy Raaja was during that time.

Why should I be left out? Let me also speculate :)
While I was under the impression the misunderstanding between Raja and the KB coterie during PPA being the root cause for Raja's career plunge. Now with this new light, it must have been only a simmering rift then that widened into a deep chasm in those 3 years that followed. Raja might have taken note of KB settling for a lesser Maragathamani for small fries like Vaaname ellai, Azhagan etc and the shrewd businessman in KB wanted none lesser than IR for biggies like Annamalai and would go to the extent of even sending his high-brow chela-Rajini with lucrative proposal. Now, our man who knew he was invincible played hard to get and rejected Rajini's feelers without even realising he was indeed signing a pact for his nemesis. This ill-fated move benefitted Deva in TFM who was a nonentity till then and more so the next new super whizkid entrant in Kavithalaya banner who virtually relegated IR to a second rung MD. Heard late Jeeva's frequent pin pricks on this sAga caused some domestic dissonance

layman10
5th October 2012, 11:25 PM
Why should I be left out? Let me also speculate :)
While I was under the impression the misunderstanding between Raja and the KB coterie during PPA being the root cause for Raja's career plunge. Now with this new light, it must have been only a simmering rift then that widened into a deep chasm in those 3 years that followed. Raja might have taken note of KB settling for a lesser Maragathamani for small fries like Vaaname ellai, Azhagan etc and the shrewd businessman in KB wanted none lesser than IR for biggies like Annamalai and would go to the extent of even sending his high-brow chela-Rajini with lucrative proposal. Now, our man who knew he was invincible played hard to get and rejected Rajini's feelers without even realising he was indeed signing a pact for his nemesis. This ill-fated move benefitted Deva in TFM who was a nonentity till then and more so the next new super whizkid entrant in Kavithalaya banner who virtually relegated IR to a second rung MD. Heard late Jeeva's frequent pin pricks on this sAga caused some domestic dissonance

In another interview IR mentioned that Kavithalaya was always in hurry for release with every other film, and don't give enough time. PPA was not the first. IMO, KB with his clout wanted to use all the big names (mass masala) to make money, but he will direct movies that will give him fame. (ramarajan, VK etc avoided him smartly - saying we can watch deity from a distance, no need to go touch it). KB's expectation is that IR should put other small fishes on hold to get this projects out. Some how he and MR got this Idea that they are superiors who need more attention.

kameshratnam
5th October 2012, 11:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Caja7IicSwc&feature=share

senthilv.com
6th October 2012, 03:30 AM

Well put.
+100

Vanangamudi except for Music and God.

Senareb
6th October 2012, 01:50 PM
http://tamil.webdunia.com/entertainment/film/featuresorarticles/1210/04/1121004018_1.htm

இளையராஜாவை சூசகமாக தாக்கிய தங்கர்

பஞ்சப் பாட்டு பாடுவதில் தங்கர்பச்சானுக்கு கிராமி அவார்ட் தரலாம். அதுவும் மேடை கிடைத்துவிட்டால் இவர் சரியான மைக் முழுங்கி. ஒண்ணுமே சரியில்லை ஒலகமே சரியில்லைன்னு புலம்பித் தள்ளுவார் பாருங்க... அள்ள ரெண்டு குப்பை வண்டி வேணும்.

அம்மாவின் கைப்பேசி எடுக்கப் போறது உறுதியானதும் இளையராஜாவிடம் சென்று தலையை சொறிந்திருக்கிறார். சொந்தமா எடுக்கிறேன் ஏதோ பேருக்கு ஆயிரமோ ரெண்டாயிரமோ வாங்கிக்கங்க என்ற ரீதியில் போட்டிருக்கிறார் ஒரு ராப்பாட்டு. அப்பாலே போ சைத்தானே என்று துரத்தியிருக்கிறார் இளையராஜா. ஞானியிடம் பழம் பழுக்காத கோபத்தில் புதிதாக ஒரு இசையமைப்பாளரை களம் இறக்கி புதிய இசை, புதிய திசை என்றெல்லாம் விளம்பரப்படுத்தினார். இந்த நமைச்சல் பிரஸ்மீட்டில் வெடித்தது.

இங்க எவனுமே சரியில்லை கதை எழுதினா நடிக்க வரமாட்டேனுறாங்க, இசையமைப்பாளரும் அப்படிதான் நிறைய துட்டு கேட்கிறானுங்க, இசையும் வாய்ல ஸாரி காதுல கேட்க முடியிறதில்லை என்று பிராய்ந்து தள்ளினார். அங்கே வாங்கிய குட்டுக்கு இங்கே வந்து மைக்கை வீங்க வைப்பதில் என்ன நியாயம். கேட்கிறவன் காது வலிக்குதில்ல.

ஆடியோ வெளியீட்டு விழாவில் சிறப்பு விருந்தினர் எஸ்ஆர்எம் கல்வி நிறுவன தலைவர் பச்சை முத்து என்கிற பாரி வேந்தர். ஓட்டுக்காக தோளில் கலப்பையுடன் போஸ் தந்த மல்டி மில்லியனர் விவசாயி.

அட்ரா சக்கை இதுதாண்டா கூட்டணி.

Senareb
6th October 2012, 03:06 PM
கனடாவில் இளையராஜாவை எதிர்த்து கோஷம்... இசை நிகழ்ச்சி தேதி மாறுமா?

http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/news/2012/10/naam-tamilar-party-protests-against-ilayaraaja-162727.html

musiukunit
6th October 2012, 05:58 PM
கனடாவில் இளையராஜாவை எதிர்த்து கோஷம்... இசை நிகழ்ச்சி தேதி மாறுமா?

http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/news/2012/10/naam-tamilar-party-protests-against-ilayaraaja-162727.html

Much better than this kind off stuff happening at the time of concert.
There is time and Everybody can agree upon dates and proceed

rajaramsgi
6th October 2012, 09:46 PM
Raja sir Reception in Canada.. nice video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNoyZKpA-uM

rajaramsgi
6th October 2012, 09:58 PM
some interviews in Canada.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUCmXpAMAfg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpog73NUIbw

baroque
6th October 2012, 10:20 PM
:ty: rajaramsgi for the reception video!

kameshratnam
6th October 2012, 10:34 PM
Raaja says he is ready to do kamba ramayanam and Divya prabandam but he says companies can approach him

musiukunit
7th October 2012, 08:43 AM
Raaja says he is ready to do kamba ramayanam and Divya prabandam but he says companies can approach him
Wow thats is great news..
Can sony themselves take this up.

Bharathi..Kamban
Thiruvasagam..Dhivya prabandham

That would be some collection

rajaramsgi
7th October 2012, 12:05 PM
கனடா கலை நிகழ்ச்சியில் நடிகர்கள்-கலைஞர்கள் பங்கேற்க கூடாது: டைரக்டர் ஆர்.கே.செல்வமணி வேண்டுகோள்

http://cinema.maalaimalar.com/2012/10/07101952/director-selvamani-request-to.html

செல்வமணியை பற்றி நீங்க எல்லோரும் சொன்னதை ஏற்று கொள்கிறேன். ஆனால், அவர் பாரதிராஜாவின் ஊதுகுழல் என்பதே என் எண்ணம். இலங்கை தமிழர்களுக்காக அழும் ஆயிரமாயிரம் தமிழர்களில் நானும் ஒருவன். ஆனால், அதற்காக அவர்களாலேயே ஒருங்கினைக்கபடும் இந்த நிகழ்ச்சியை தவிர்க்க வேண்டும் என்று செல்வமணி போன்றோர் சொல்வது வேதனைக்குரியது. சொல்லபோனால், ஒடுக்கப்பட்ட அந்த மக்களுக்கு நம்மாலான சிறு மகிழ்ச்சியை கொடுக்காவிட்டாலும், கெடுக்காமலிருக்கலாம்.

ராஜா சார் அங்கு செல்வது பலருக்கு நன்மையே பயக்கும், மகிழ்ச்சி கிட்டும்.

rajaramsgi
7th October 2012, 02:27 PM
Sorry to pump you with so many youtube videos.. but got excited to see Raja sir going to LA in June 2013. Here is the teaser.. Get ready bay area and california fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MbzIc5UdTM

kameshratnam
7th October 2012, 05:23 PM
Bay Area Telugu Association, Kalalaya & Swagath Foundation Proudly Present

Isaignani PadmaBhushan Maestro ILAYARAJA Live in Concert

Along with Yesudas, Hariharan, Chitra, Sadhana Sargam, Karthik, Vijay Yesudas,Manu & many more
50+ Musicians performing with live orchestra

First time in the United States !!! Performing only in the Bay Area!!!
Featuring Telugu &Tamil Songs
Nov 11t hHP Pavilion - San Jose
Tickets will open soon on Ticket Master
Stay tuned for more details

baroque
7th October 2012, 09:36 PM
:musicsmile:
when I ask with so much love, Can Kala Iyer & BATA resist?:-D

:redjump:Great Raja!:redjump:

Raja will be mobbed but he will love it!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
7th October 2012, 11:31 PM
Chicago's WBEZ Radio has done an excellent 11-minute feature on Maestro Ilaiyaraaja for an American audience that may not know him that much :)
Celebrating the career of Kollywood composer Ilaiyaraaja (http://www.wbez.org/globalnotes/celebrating-career-kollywood-composer-ilaiyaraaja-102862)
www.wbez.orgThe 48th International Chicago Film Festival begins next week in Chicago. On Global Notes we’ll take a look at the music of film composer Ilaiyaraaja.

Thanks Rex Arul frm Twitter

Senareb
8th October 2012, 01:45 PM
ரஜினி கேட்டும் பாலச்சந்தர் படத்துக்கு இசையமைக்க மறுத்தேன்! - இளையராஜா அதிரடி பதில்

http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/interview/2012/10/why-ilayaraaja-not-working-with-k-balachander-162797.html

irir123
8th October 2012, 07:55 PM
ரஜினி கேட்டும் பாலச்சந்தர் படத்துக்கு இசையமைக்க மறுத்தேன்! - இளையராஜா அதிரடி பதில்

http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/interview/2012/10/why-ilayaraaja-not-working-with-k-balachander-162797.html

adhenna Rajini kettum ?? for media, someone like IR saying "no" ppl like Rajini or Kamal is hyped up as a shocker - am not even sure if IR would have said anything like "rajini kettum" which is being somehow interpreted as 'IR refused even Rajini" kind of a twist

for IR - a Rajini or a Kamal is the same as a yugi sethu, or a rajkiran or a sangili murugan, or you and me!

rajaramsgi
8th October 2012, 08:20 PM
for IR - a Rajini or a Kamal is the same as a yugi sethu, or a rajkiran or a sangili murugan, or you and me!

பஞ்ச் பஞ்ச் .. நீங்க சொல்றது சத்தியம். ராஜா சார் அந்த நிலையை எப்போதோ அடைந்து விட்டார். அதனால் தான் அவர் நம் மனதில் இடம் பெற்றிருக்கிறார். ஆட்சி, காட்சி மாறினாலும் மேடையில் இடம் கிடைக்கிறது.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
10th October 2012, 04:31 AM
The maestro’s touchhttp://www.deccanherald.com//content/283424/maestros-touch.html

When it comes to music, look no further than the magical tunes of one of the celebrated music directors of the Indian music industry — Ilaiyaraaja, writes C V aravind.

His simple attire, spartan habits and spiritual leanings aptly gel with the title ‘Isaignaani’ (sage of music) by which Ilaiyaraaja is popularly known in the Tamil film industry. Raaja has also been honoured with the sobriquet ‘Raagadevan’ (lord of the ragas). The soft-spoken composer, a gold medalist from the Trinity College of Music, London, has been one of the most prolific baton wielders the film industry has ever known, and in over three decades has composed music for over 950 films, marking an output of over 4,500 songs, a good number of which have been chart busters. Raaja, who will be composing music for a Punjabi film for the first time, has worked in Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada, Telugu, Hindi and Marathi films. Recently, he regaled audiences with a concert to mark the release of his latest venture Nee Thaane En Pon Vasantham, directed by Gautam Menon. In fact, the veteran musician gave Menon a pleasant shock by composing all the songs for the film in just one hour. The songs have already gone viral on the net and the record number of hits are an indication that the master composer has been in top form.

Rise to the top

Ilaiyaraaja’s story is a classic rags-to-riches story — the musician’s climb to the top has been steep and he had to endure considerable hardship before finding a foothold in cinema. Raaja and his brothers performed as a travelling troupe for quite a while, before Raaja’s proficiency in guitar caught the attention of composers like Salil Choudhury and G K Venkatesh, well known names at that time. It was producer Panju Arunachalam who gave him his first solo break in the black-and-white film Annakilli and the young composer rose to the occasion with a score that could have done a veteran proud.

Since then, Raaja’s career has soared and his association with directors like Balachander, Bharathiraaja, Balu Mahendra, Mahendran, Mani Ratnam, K Vishwanath, Bala, and even new directors like Suseendran and Prakash Raj, have given his career a distinct fillip.
Raaja received the unique distinction of having one of his numbers in the film Dhalapathi — Rakkamma kaiya thattu — adjudged among the best 10 songs in a BBC-conducted survey, covering numbers from as many as 155 countries. Popular numbers that are being hummed by his legion of fans even to this day include Kanne kalaimaane, Shenbhagame, Maanguyile poonguyile, Panivizhum malarvanam, Kathoram lolaaku, Poove sembuve, Rojavai thalaatum, Then paandi seemayile and Poongaatru thirumbuma. Raaja has also won four National Awards for ‘Best Music Director’ for films like Sindhu Bhairavi, Saagara Sagamam and Rudra Veena and one for ‘Best Background Score’ for the Malayalam film Pazhassi Raaja. Ilaiyaraaja has also scored the music for several Malayalam films including Adoor Gopalakrishnan’s Nizhalkuthu, Sathyan Anthikaad’s Kochu Kochu Santhoshangal, Hariharan’s Pazhassi Raaja and also for films like Kadha Thodarumbol and Bhagyadevatha.

In Telugu, apart from the films of Vishwanath, Ilaiyaraaja has also scored music for films like the mythological Sri Rama Rajyam, which were well received. Although his commitments in Tamil cinema keep him occupied most of the time, Raaja has also done a few Kannada films including Hare Rama Hare Krishna and Prasad. In Hindi cinema, his output has been limited to films like Sadma (a remake of the Tamil hit Moondram Pirai), Shiva and the two films directed by Balki — Cheeni Kum and Paa.

Ilaiyaraaja was the first composer in Tamil cinema to blend western music with rural folk. Though most of his earlier films revolved around rural themes, he nonetheless managed to make optimum use of western instruments. Ilaiyaraaja has composed music to the lyrics written by most well-known lyricists in all languages including Vaali, Vairamuthu, Naa Muthukumar, Sreekumaran Thampi, Kaithapram, etc. He is also one of the very few professionals in the industry who, with just one glance at a scene, can compose entire songs for the film. He contends that he takes on a film only if he is inspired by the script.

Ilaiyaraaja, who is the first Indian to conduct the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, which performed his full symphony, also has to his credit best-selling albums like ‘How To Name It?’ and ‘Nothing But Wind’. Raaja was also one of the composers whose music featured in the medley in the London Olympics.

While Ilaiyaraaja’s younger brother Gangai Amaran has won acclaim as a lyricist, composer and director, his three children have also been in the thick of things with his second son Yuvan Shankar Raaja being among the most prolific and his daughter Pavatharini, who has won a National Best Playback Singer Award, also composing for films. Although there are many who feel that Rehman has stolen Raaja’s thunder, the fact remains that Ilaiyaraaja continues to be the first choice for a whole lot of directors, who feel that for offbeat tunes, Raaja is the best bet. Further, there has never been a time in all these years, where the music director’s compositions have not been able to find favour with the audience. As long as he has millions of admirers all over the world, Raaja’s magic is not going to wane.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
10th October 2012, 12:48 PM
RV Udayakumar talks about Song Picturisation

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=3813523143969

marnsZet
10th October 2012, 02:08 PM
The maestro’s touchhttp://www.deccanherald.com//content/283424/maestros-touch.html

"Since then, Raaja’s career has soared and his association with directors like Balachander, Bharathiraaja, Balu Mahendra, Mahendran, Mani Ratnam, K Vishwanath, Bala, and even new directors like Suseendran and Prakash Raj, have given his career a distinct fillip"

:idontgetit: Is it not the other way around??? Most of the above mentioned directors owe their success [atleast in the early times of their career] to Raja and not vice versa! None other than Panju Arunachalam can claim credit for helping Raja and giving fillip to his career!

rajaramsgi
10th October 2012, 02:41 PM
RV Udayakumar talks about Song Picturisation

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=3813523143969

அது சரி, ராஜா சார் ஏங்க ஒரு பாட்டு மட்டும் சூட் பண்ணி காட்டனும்? வேணும்னா உதயகுமார், ராஜா சாரை மாதிரி ஒரு பாட்டு போட்டு காட்டட்டுமே.. அவங்க அவங்களுக்கு தெரிஞ்சத சரியா பண்ணுங்களேன்...

raja_fan
10th October 2012, 03:13 PM
அது சரி, ராஜா சார் ஏங்க ஒரு பாட்டு மட்டும் சூட் பண்ணி காட்டனும்? வேணும்னா உதயகுமார், ராஜா சாரை மாதிரி ஒரு பாட்டு போட்டு காட்டட்டுமே.. அவங்க அவங்களுக்கு தெரிஞ்சத சரியா பண்ணுங்களேன்...

RV.Udhaya Kumar has got some courage now, as his times are over and he no longer needs IR .
But at the same time , I believe his anger is justified..because IR is rarely appreciative of directors' work. Even BR commented in NEPV audio launch "Avan ennai paththi pesa mattaan..aanaa naan avanai paththi pesuven". Only in recent times, IR has begun to be outgoing and started to speak some kind words on fellow team mates..

And in case of RVU, I think he is one of the few directors who have mastered song picturisation..His imaginations and hard work in shots, editing cuts in the course of the song were beautiful...So he is justified in expecting some appreciation from IR whom he adored.

Senareb
10th October 2012, 05:06 PM
சான் பிரான்ஸிஸ்கோவிலும் கச்சேரி நடத்துகிறார் இசைஞானி!

http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/news/2012/10/maestro-ilaiyaraja-s-live-concert-at-usa-162923.html

rajkumarc
11th October 2012, 12:17 AM
Have they started selling tickets yet for the Nov11th concert in San Jose? I don't see any info at bata.org or kalalayausa.org.

baroque
11th October 2012, 12:21 AM
yeah.. just now I checked the website and sent them an email!

Cheapest priced tickets will go faster! I didn't get S.P.B's telgu program tickets!

Raja! if I don't get $50&under tickets, I continue to enjoy your compositions from my CD collections, WELCOME TO SAN JOSE! IT'S ABOUT TIME, YOU MAKE IT A ROUTINE FROM NOW ON.....:)

app_engine
11th October 2012, 12:33 AM
..because IR is rarely appreciative of directors' work.

He once said "en kitta sollikkAttina mAthiri eduththadhu reNdE pEr thAn - BM & MR" (possibly meant as a compliment).

Also, in the dhinathanthi varalARRu suvadukaL, he was all praise for BR for 16 vayadhinilE.

Nasser was lauded for getting some tech for dEvadhai movie (AV interview in the 90's).

Recently, Gautam has earned his praises on-stage for bringing in the EU orch / giving him space etc.

His standards are so high (very rarely matched by TF artists, whose works were many steps inferior to the corresponding "isaiththaram" of rAsA and he had to often cover up their defects as well thru BGM).

To earn praises from him is something like "Vashishtar vAyAl brahma rishi", not simple :-)

app_engine
11th October 2012, 12:38 AM
BTW, I haven't watched the RVU video yet...but as a general rule, one should never ask a critic to "perform and show how".

In a way, even all of us - who are non-entities in cinefield- are critics of artists - does that mean we can match / exceed them in their respective trades?

Obviously not! At the minimum, we got to be good in "OUR" trade to earn any respect in life / have some self-esteem etc, before we can even comment on others.

In that sense, rAsA, by his immense music status, is even more qualified to critique peers in the industry!

baroque
11th October 2012, 12:41 AM
R.V.Udhayakumar deserves praises, he did good with IR.
His works are village type based & created sentiment, love, pathos moments for Raja to come up with ever green songs which R.V.U presented aesthetic with Rajini, Karthik etc..:thumbsup:

app_engine
11th October 2012, 12:51 AM
I've seen only singAravElan & ejamAn by RVU and both are, "purely from village-movie-authenticity-PoV", very ordinary ones - even mockeries - if one keeps 16V as the "minimum acceptable standard" for IR.

I haven't watched the other two acclaimed works of RVU (chinnakkounder / kizhakku vAsal) and so cannot comment.

Either way, for rAsA to praise someone, HE has to feel that way (and not WE feeling so), illeengaLa? :-)

baroque
11th October 2012, 12:58 AM
:) yes!

kiru
11th October 2012, 04:30 AM
Saw the video. Nothing wrong with the way or what RVU is saying. RVU will say this in front of IR as well and I dont think IR will take offence at this too. IR is not intolerant. He is cool.He knows he is not very generous with appreciation :-) . He just cannot tolerate incompetency. Imagine watching 900 of our movies, probably more than once to write the score for them. He has been through hell :-)

baroque
11th October 2012, 05:04 AM
:)
so true... he has done 900 movies, the other thread goes very slow, only handful of compositions we have posted.

Nerd
11th October 2012, 06:52 AM
Saw the video. Nothing wrong with the way or what RVU is saying. RVU will say this in front of IR as well and I dont think IR will take offence at this too.
+1.

Actually RVU's songs are easy on the eyes. Very good in fact. AdhukkE "mm"-naa, wonder what would have been Raaja's reaction when he saw iLamanathu pala kaNavu or thaamaraikkOdi among thousand others :lol2:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
11th October 2012, 01:20 PM
but as a general rule, one should never ask a critic to "perform and show how".

At the minimum, we got to be good in "OUR" trade to earn any respect in life / have some self-esteem etc, before we can even comment on others.

In that sense, rAsA, by his immense music status, is even more qualified to critique peers in the industry!

RVU was a talent to be attracted by Kamal and Rajini. He gave Vijayakanth a LandMark film which he can never think of in this career, once more.

His main area is Village subjects. But he proved good in Singaravelan too.

His songs video are surely peculiar and were already well praised by ppl, during that time. Yejamaan's Raakku muthu was a big hit not only for song but also video.

Now, going by app's words, even raja too shud stay within his limits as an MD and song eppadi shoot panrathu, its director's headache and once movie is released, its on ppl's hands, which RVU considerably won ppl's praise.

Raja can not only compose song, he can also tell where to stop a BGM and where to insert a song. He had suggested some to few directors and I gues with all the mighty he had those days, the directors had no choice other than inserting a song where Raja said.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
11th October 2012, 01:27 PM
He once said "en kitta sollikkAttina mAthiri eduththadhu reNdE pEr thAn - BM & MR" (possibly meant as a compliment).

Also, in the dhinathanthi varalARRu suvadukaL, he was all praise for BR for 16 vayadhinilE.

Nasser was lauded for getting some tech for dEvadhai movie (AV interview in the 90's).

Recently, Gautam has earned his praises on-stage for bringing in the EU orch / giving him space etc.

His standards are so high (very rarely matched by TF artists, whose works were many steps inferior to the corresponding "isaiththaram" of rAsA and he had to often cover up their defects as well thru BGM).

To earn praises from him is something like "Vashishtar vAyAl brahma rishi", not simple :-)

en kitta solli kaattina maathiri - did directors explained hownthey are going to picturise the song and also got his approval?!? for 900 songs?!? come on!!

His standards are so high - as what ?? mvie critic??!? So he has saw 900 films and incl many great films of Kamal, now is it so that he can write a script like Kamal and shoot a film with kamal's calibre?!? And his so called high standards in both the film content and song content, are actually wud have been set by the great directors who went to him! They too play a part in shaping IR's rasanai.

Getting praise from IR is always not gonna translate into the same wrt Public. We all know what happened to Devathai! I saw that movie in Devi paradise with empty halls.

And does anybody remember that movie/song/picturisation?!?

"Vashishtar vAyAl brahma rishi" - He is Vasishtar, yes, but in what area? How to shoot a Song?!? WTH

He is Music Raja or All in all Azhagu Raja?!? Or you guys trying to make him one?? when even he himself is not interested in becoming so?!?

He won't even remember some of his own songs. Impossible. How can he remember/recall most of his movies' song video?!?

raja_fan
11th October 2012, 02:29 PM
Those who criticize Singara Velan , didn't you notice the beauty in "Pottu vaitha..." song picturization ?
How RVU cuts at one place and goes on to another, comes back to the same shot etc ? The song is a beautiful rotation of shots in the bus, cycle, Bullock cart etc.

This way of cuts and returning to the same place is typical of BR. RVU might have got inspired by BR's style.

Even Muthu mani maalai from chinna koundar is a beautiful example of picturization of a song.

And "Chithagathi pookale.." from Rajakumaran. The initial shots rotate between Prabhu Nadiya jodi and a couple of pigeons which flutter their feathers for IR's drums rythm.

What more can IR expect from a director ?!?!

Just day before yesterday I happened to watch the song "Uchchi malai megangal thooralgal poda.." . What a nonsense imagination for a beautiful song..

And as somebody here said, "Thamarai kodi.." song..IR should have watched that..

rajaramsgi
11th October 2012, 04:03 PM
>>And as somebody here said, "Thamarai kodi.." song..IR should have watched that..

This song is from Anandha Kummi, produced by Raja sir's own pavalar productions.. ooothikitta padam. Wonder how he must have reacted to the director since it was his own production.

If Raja sir thinks a song has turned out so good and if he feels it could be a definite hit, what is wrong in expecting that this should have be been picturised better? Many of his super duper hit songs were shot in simple studio parks and pathetic environments. That is sad, I am sure those directors would have paid the price on their next movies with him.

raajarasigan
11th October 2012, 04:10 PM
Just day before yesterday I happened to watch the song "Uchchi malai megangal thooralgal poda.." . What a nonsense imagination for a beautiful song..me too saw that... same feeling.. :mad: looked like a masala mix...

rajaramsgi
11th October 2012, 06:55 PM
This week's anadha vikatan has Bala's interview, he talks about Paradesi. Praises a lot about Vairamuthu and GVP. But there is no reference to Raja sir anywhere in that 1 page interview, not even on the answer for the question about his top 10 favorite people list.. he stops at 7. (Still Raja sir is involved in 4 out of the 7 best creations). I don't care, but I am trying to figure out how Bala's movies will be, without Raja sir, however the best they are.

''பிடித்த 10 மனிதர்கள்... பிடித்த படைப்புகள் சொல்லுங்களேன்?''
''எம்.ஜி.ஆர். - 'பெற்றால்தான் பிள்ளையா’, சிவாஜி - 'தேவர் மகன்’, கலைஞர் - 'பராசக்தி’, ஜெயலலிதா - 'எங்கிருந்தோ வந்தாள்’, கமல் - 'மகாநதி’, ரஜினி - 'முள்ளும் மலரும்’, பாலுமகேந்திரா - 'வீடு’

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
11th October 2012, 07:08 PM
Those who criticize Singara Velan , didn't you notice the beauty in "Pottu vaitha..." song picturization ?
How RVU cuts at one place and goes on to another, comes back to the same shot etc ? The song is a beautiful rotation of shots in the bus, cycle, Bullock cart etc.

This way of cuts and returning to the same place is typical of BR. RVU might have got inspired by BR's style.

Sonnabadi kElu - konjifying animals :lol:

puthucheri kacheri - live concert, nadamaadum orchestra :lol:

pOttu vaitha - as u said above! the bycycle will have two pedals, two drivers!

Adi O ranga sreeranga, Thoothu selvathaaradi, Innum ennai - typical RVU & Kamal stuff combined

Varacholli innneram - nice small pathos

Whole singaaravelan album :clap:

kr
11th October 2012, 07:11 PM
Ilayaraaja was the producer for Singarvelan

jaiganes
11th October 2012, 10:32 PM
The whole discussion on song picturisation and RVU has me in the gounder moment when sendhil asks him to play nalandaana in thavil!!!

raja_fan
11th October 2012, 11:00 PM
Another remarkable thing in Singaravelan - I think every song ( except Pudhucheri.. ? ) will have the hero's name somewhere in the lyrics

kameshratnam
11th October 2012, 11:19 PM
One group says NEP Is copied.... enjoy the fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4di8LFnBwQ

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
11th October 2012, 11:28 PM
Singaravelan Lyrics um RVU thaan. As usual, all of his films he pens lyrics. There may be very few exceptions.

btw, i am baffled at the level which some ppl goes to instill that whatever Raja said/did/thought was right and only the opposite guy was wrong :lol: There are some statements made, which even Raja himself won't buy!

K
11th October 2012, 11:28 PM
This week's anadha vikatan has Bala's interview, he talks about Paradesi. Praises a lot about Vairamuthu and GVP. But there is no reference to Raja sir anywhere in that 1 page interview, not even on the answer for the question about his top 10 favorite people list.. he stops at 7. (Still Raja sir is involved in 4 out of the 7 best creations). I don't care, but I am trying to figure out how Bala's movies will be, without Raja sir, however the best they are.

''பிடித்த 10 மனிதர்கள்... பிடித்த படைப்புகள் சொல்லுங்களேன்?''
''எம்.ஜி.ஆர். - 'பெற்றால்தான் பிள்ளையா’, சிவாஜி - 'தேவர் மகன்’, கலைஞர் - 'பராசக்தி’, ஜெயலலிதா - 'எங்கிருந்தோ வந்தாள்’, கமல் - 'மகாநதி’, ரஜினி - 'முள்ளும் மலரும்’, பாலுமகேந்திரா - 'வீடு’

Bala voda capability enna nu "Avan Ivan" Sollidhuchu, Don't Bother about him.

K
11th October 2012, 11:33 PM
One group says NEP Is copied.... enjoy the fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4di8LFnBwQ

Madiee Madiee oh oh Madiee........

app_engine
12th October 2012, 12:44 AM
Toronto concert related discussion in yAzh (http://www.yarl.com/forum3/index.php?showtopic=109222&st=0)

இளையராஜா இசையை ரசிப்போம்.. இளையராஜா அரசியலை அல்ல..

Another discussion (http://www.yarl.com/forum3/index.php?showtopic=109331[/SIZE)

தமிழன் அடையாளமான ஒரு கலைஞனை மாவீரர் பெயரால் அவமானப் படுத்த அனுமதிக்க வேண்டாம்

irir123
12th October 2012, 01:19 AM
Madiee Madiee oh oh Madiee........

mudhal rendu bitaavadhu yedho oru resemblance irukkara madhiri irukku! andha 'maddy' inspiration is RRRRRROOOOFFFFFLLLL!

SVN
12th October 2012, 02:20 AM
Kamesh, Aren't we getting such guys more undeserving hits on youtube by even mentionin it in the forum here? They thrive on creating such 4 second clips and map these to any song on earth and add controvertial titles, tags etc. to ensure hits.

marnsZet
12th October 2012, 07:29 AM
Kamesh, Aren't we getting such guys more undeserving hits on youtube by even mentionin it in the forum here? They thrive on creating such 4 second clips and map these to any song on earth and add controvertial titles, tags etc. to ensure hits.

Exactly!
Better ignore these !

kameshratnam
12th October 2012, 09:18 AM
Rare video of Raaja sir composing

See viji manuel and also A r rahman copying notes at 00:19 the boy in t shirt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beYUPFZbHtY&feature=plcp

rajaramsgi
12th October 2012, 02:40 PM

Thank you Kamesh.. please share more of these.

"Musicians are born, nobody can create a musician. Among the pianist in India, he is the best known to me -IR". Is Raja sir talking about Viji Manuel? Doesn't Viji Manuel speak Tamil? I also notice Sadha and Sundarajan in this clip. thanks again. Does any one know more about this recording?

kj
12th October 2012, 04:19 PM
Thanks for this rare video Kamesh. Viji Manuel does speak tamil, but I guess for the sake of the program for which the video was made I guess they were conversing in English.

Vinodkumar
12th October 2012, 06:15 PM

Thank you Kamesh for the rare video. It looks like a composing session for the Hindi movie Kamagni? The tune that you hear is the first one in that album.

irir123
12th October 2012, 07:16 PM
Exactly!
Better ignore these !

btw, IR does get inspired from some older american bands!

check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu3-QqQHK08&feature=related

and then listen to this: http://www.raaga.com/channels/telugu/searchresults.asp?search=chaitanya&Lang=A&search_fld=ALBUM (the song is 'Kanne lady")

the percussion rhythm arrangements are very very similar !

Vinodkumar
12th October 2012, 07:28 PM

Here is a sample clip of the song "You are My Dream" from Kamagni which I think the above video is about.. http://soundcloud.com/raja4ever/kamagni-youaremydream

rajaramsgi
12th October 2012, 07:43 PM
Here is a sample clip of the song "You are My Dream" from Kamagni which I think the above video is about.. http://soundcloud.com/raja4ever/kamagni-youaremydream

Awesome vinodkumar. thanks. It would be really nice to see more of this video kamesh, trying to figure out why he is praising the Pianist (most likely Viji Manuel in this case). Kamagni is by Ashok kumar (cinematographer/director) but apart from being part of the orchestra, what other connection Viji Manuel has with "Kamagni" or with the program for which this video was shot.

marnsZet
12th October 2012, 10:54 PM

check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu3-QqQHK08&feature=related

and then listen to this: http://www.raaga.com/channels/telugu/searchresults.asp?search=chaitanya&Lang=A&search_fld=ALBUM (the song is 'Kanne lady")

the percussion rhythm arrangements are very very similar !

IthanAl thANkal koora varum karuthu enna sir?

Athan avare paaditare "Padalkal kodi kodi ethuvum puthithillai"

Better enjoy the music.

p
13th October 2012, 05:15 AM
Hindi version of "உல்லாசப்பறவைகள்"

http://static.rhap.com/img/170x170/3/3/7/0/3330733_170x170.jpg

http://www.rhapsody.com/artist/sjanaki/album/do-dil-deewane

Aaj Khoye Se Ho Kyon Yum
Dilbar Aa
Hai Pyar Ka Sangam
Kitne Rangeen Hain
Yeh Jahan Tum

Senareb
13th October 2012, 04:41 PM
NandiAwards2011 Best Music Director - Ilayaraja (Sri Ramarajyam)

:bluejump::cheer::notworthy:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
13th October 2012, 06:03 PM
Raja Sir has come to Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/raja.raaja.94 (https://t.co/agnN9rKl)

A photo from his account!

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/424693_155155267960098_1080520967_n.jpg

Gregorysab
13th October 2012, 06:10 PM
Another Marathi film by Raaja: http://www.touringtalkisthefilm.com/

dochu
13th October 2012, 06:56 PM

Sad, but true. That is a definite 'lift'.

Unless proved otherwise, American dreams isn't a lift as well, I would say American dreams was original and IR's was a lift from it. I don't think the logic of having seven suram etc does apply here.

layman10
13th October 2012, 08:10 PM
Sad, but true. That is a definite 'lift'.

Unless proved otherwise, American dreams isn't a lift as well, I would say American dreams was original and IR's was a lift from it. I don't think the logic of having seven suram etc does apply here.

Only the basic beat, which is very simple, has the similarity. The rhythm that comes soon after is Raaja's own, seen in some of this songs. Music complex beats and patterns are today taken from samples and loops, (which are basis and selling points of many songs).

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
13th October 2012, 08:13 PM
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/regional/telugu/news-interviews/YVM-makers-spend-4-cr-for-re-recording/articleshow/16796023.cms

The makers of romantic entertainer Yeto Vellipoyindi Manasu (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/topic/Yeto-Vellipoyindi-Manasu), starring Nani and Samantha, have spent a whopping 4 crores on the film's re-recording. The song tunes and the back ground score of the movie, composed by maestro Ilayaraja (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/topic/maestro-Ilayaraja), took place at The London Symphony Orchestra (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/topic/London-Symphony-Orchestra), which is widely regarded as one of the world's leading orchestras.

kiru
14th October 2012, 05:14 AM
...complex beats and patterns are today taken from samples and loops, which are basis and selling points of many songs) .
Exactly.. this is nothing .. just arrangement and that too not the complete backbone of a song.. And many times when IR had done something like that the song was not a hit or popular at all.. He is the most original MD when it comes to rhythm arrangements today .. others are using loops/samples as layman says.

venkkiram
14th October 2012, 06:36 AM
இசை உள்வாங்கலை ஒட்டி உரையாடல் சென்றுகொண்டிருப்பதால்...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-X1N93J2Fo

ஒரு அன்பர் கொஞ்ச நாளைக்கு முன்னாடி இந்தப் பாடலை குறிப்பிட்டு "ராக்கம்மா கையத் தட்டு" பாடலின் ஆரம்ப சந்தமும் இதிலிருந்து பெறப்பட்டிருக்கலாம் என பகிர்ந்திருந்தார். மேதைகள் நீங்க தான் சொல்லணும். ஒருவேளை உண்மையாக இருக்கும் பட்சத்தில் இதுவும் ராஜாவின் அற்புதமான உள்வாங்களில் ஒன்றாக அமையப்பெறும் என நினைக்கிறேன்.

dochu
14th October 2012, 08:08 AM
Ofcourse, I agree he is the most original MD, but in this particular instance it is a lift even if the tune is altered.

Grand funk road-american band was released in 1973 while Chaitanya in 1991. Tape loops were beginning to slowly emerge in late 60's and in early 90's emerged digital loops.

So I find it bit hard to digest that IR 'accidentally' used a loop in 1991 which eerily was similar or the same loop was used by Grand funk road for their song in 1973. On top of this, it is clear that it isn't a loop, it has percussions, guitar and other complex arrangement which are evident in IR's song as well.

Before other HCIRF's pounce on, I would like to point that I am a proud HCIRF as well, and just put forth my views as a lay person.

@venkkiram,
As IR used to say, maybe he changed the 'meter' of the song for rhythm? I feel it isn't quite the right fit. Anyways, that hindi song was just great!! Enjoyed related songs in youtube from that song. Thanks,

kameshratnam
14th October 2012, 08:38 AM
Song Interlude Rehearsal for Bangalore Concert

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZLZlR-KT2Q&feature=channel&list=UL

Maestro's BG score behind the scenes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPjeO81kBCo&feature=autoplay&list=ULlZLZlR-KT2Q&playnext=1

Senareb
14th October 2012, 10:23 AM
When Rajini’s close friend and Tollywood star Mohan Babu was in town recently for the re-recording of his daughter’s Gundello Godhari, the Superstar met maestro Ilayaraja. Mohan Babu and Gundello Godhari’s producer Lakshmi Manchu were on their way to the re-recording studio when Rajini also joined them because he wanted to meet the maestro.

The legends recalled their heydays together and it was nostalgic moment for them. It may be mentioned here that Gundello Godhari is being dubbed in Tamil under the title Marendhen Maniththen.

http://www.accesskollywood.com/photo-galleries/rajini-with-ilayaraja/images/rajini-with-ilayaraja01.jpg

sivasub
14th October 2012, 10:38 AM
Ilayaraja gets Nandi award for Srirama Rajyam

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/regional/telugu/news-interviews/2011-Nandi-Awards-winners-list/articleshow/16797289.cms

http://movies.ndtv.com/movie_story.aspx?section=Movies&Id=279297&keyword=regional&subcatg=MOVIESINDIA&nid=279297

musiukunit
14th October 2012, 11:21 AM
Ofcourse, I agree he is the most original MD, but in this particular instance it is a lift even if the tune is altered.

Grand funk road-american band was released in 1973 while Chaitanya in 1991. Tape loops were beginning to slowly emerge in late 60's and in early 90's emerged digital loops.

So I find it bit hard to digest that IR 'accidentally' used a loop in 1991 which eerily was similar or the same loop was used by Grand funk road for their song in 1973. On top of this, it is clear that it isn't a loop, it has percussions, guitar and other complex arrangement which are evident in IR's song as well.

Before other HCIRF's pounce on, I would like to point that I am a proud HCIRF as well, and just put forth my views as a lay person.

@venkkiram,
As IR used to say, maybe he changed the 'meter' of the song for rhythm? I feel it isn't quite the right fit. Anyways, that hindi song was just great!! Enjoyed related songs in youtube from that song. Thanks,

Thats a joke..if such a basic tak tak is a lift god help other musicians...

This is just pure resemblence of a base rhythm which is nothing for a man who has done miraculous music..

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
14th October 2012, 03:13 PM
Maestro's experiences recording "Annakkili" songs.
This will be a series starting Oct 2012.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g3FKX-0Auc

musiukunit
14th October 2012, 05:23 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g3FKX-0Auc

Man I never thought that the interludes have this meaning.
How many millions of such thoughts have gone behind songs.
He is one man to do all this stuff and it is going to take generations to decipher all this.

Good that atleast he is opening up now..

rajaramsgi
14th October 2012, 07:31 PM

நன்றி வல்லவரே. இதே போல் சங்கதிகள் நம்மிடம் பகிர்ந்து கொள்ள அவரிடத்தில் நிறைய இருக்கின்றது, ஆயுளுக்கும் அவர் சொல்லணும் , நாம் கேட்கணும். . தொடர்ந்து நடக்குமா? இதில் அவர் சொன்ன விதம் அழகு. அதிலும் அந்த நதியோரம் மேட்டர் சூப்பர்.

Sureshs65
14th October 2012, 09:34 PM
bala,

Exactly. I am looking forward to more such videos. I have my own theories about some songs and the way they are structured. Will be nice to see if I have got what he was thinking right :)

senthilv.com
15th October 2012, 02:01 AM
Exactly.. this is nothing .. just arrangement and that too not the complete backbone of a song.. And many times when IR had done something like that the song was not a hit or popular at all.. He is the most original MD when it comes to rhythm arrangements today .. others are using loops/samples as layman says.

Kiru,

Agree with ur comments.

Arrangement and certain ideas are heavily inspired. But I think it is a fundamental misnomer to think songs and ideas pop out of nothing or nowhere. I'm quoting MSV here "From one comes the other" (He said this in context of his revelation that "Poo Malayil Or Malligai" is heavily drawn from the first flute interlude of Naushad's song "Tu mera chand main teri chandani" RDB has done wonderful work by taking some phrases from other musicians and their songs. Raja has several examples like this.

Artists work on creation with certain base in their mind. Sometimes that heavily transpires and other times less. ARR is great examples of this. He has some heavy reference songs but rarely copies. I'm yet to see some art which has no precedence.

The difference with great artist is, when they take from somewhere, they have something more to say or add. Their unique take. Their unique approach. Whereas mortals they just take and have nothing more to add to it. Then it becomes just a copy/lift.

Which leads to my favorite line from Oscar Wilde "Talent borrows, Genius steal" !!

Gregorysab
15th October 2012, 12:50 PM
Kamesh just tweeted that Gundello Godari audio will be released on 17th Oct.

kameshratnam
15th October 2012, 05:43 PM
Gundello Godari Launch

kiru
15th October 2012, 09:50 PM
நன்றி வல்லவரே. இதே போல் சங்கதிகள் நம்மிடம் பகிர்ந்து கொள்ள அவரிடத்தில் நிறைய இருக்கின்றது, ஆயுளுக்கும் அவர் சொல்லணும் , நாம் கேட்கணும். . தொடர்ந்து [/.COLOR][COLOR=#000000]நடக்குமா? இதில் அவர் சொன்ன விதம் அழகு. அதிலும் அந்த நதியோரம் மேட்டர் சூப்பர்.

Exactly.. hear the precise definition of a wave.. text book definition of attenuation. If he were not a musician, he would have been a Noble-winning scientist.
One more thing.. based on his description I now completely believe his music is completely loaded with aural imagery of the story/situation (last description by VS about SriRamaJeyam is surely as he portrayed).

Senareb
15th October 2012, 10:01 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A5Qr_ywCMAEvYWP.jpg

kameshratnam
15th October 2012, 10:59 PM
thanks to Satheesh Kumar for the beautiful Documentary link on Writer JK's film. A small documentary produced by Raaja sir and of of course it has his music too. Special thanks to satheesh for sharing the youtube links and the hindu newspaper link

Chandramohan Sir: Thanks for saying it is available on youtube :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2NR8bFmhpI

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcPjLHyGvYA

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hyyQlLZQMw

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7q4NsKTiLuM

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqnFEYre6S4

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b8V9ySxqIo

www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2EzxFU-Kw4

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH1-utaLumc

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfW6zgKRnTM

http://www.hindu.com/2008/04/18/stories/2008041853990500.htm

venkkiram
15th October 2012, 11:10 PM
Exactly.. hear the precise definition of a wave.. text book definition of attenuation. If he were not a musician, he would have been a Noble-winning scientist. One more thing.. based on his description I now completely believe his music is completely loaded with aural imagery of the story/situation (last description by VS about SriRamaJeyam is surely as he portrayed).

சரியா சொன்னிங்க.

'அந்த ஹம்மிங்க எவ்வளவு தடவ பாடியிருப்பேன் என உங்களால் இமேஜின் பண்ண முடியாது'. - அவர்.

"அய்யா..முப்பதைஞ்சு வருட அந்த ஹம்மிங்கை இன்னமும் எத்தனை உயிர்கள் ரசித்து..மறக்காமல் அசை போட்டுக்கொண்டே இருக்குத் தெரியுமா?"

app_engine
15th October 2012, 11:57 PM
Interesting to see rAsA taking credit only to what he actually did in the song (prelude humming, interludes, changing annakkeeLi to annakkkiLee, arranging orchestra, convincing powers to accept etc)...

Also, acknowledging the Uthamapalayam area folk original :-)

உங்க நேர்மை பிடிச்சிருக்கு :-)

senthilv.com
16th October 2012, 12:31 AM
Exactly.. hear the precise definition of a wave.. text book definition of attenuation. If he were not a musician, he would have been a Noble-winning scientist.
One more thing.. based on his description I now completely believe his music is completely loaded with aural imagery of the story/situation (last description by VS about SriRamaJeyam is surely as he portrayed).

Totally agree, he would have been good at other areas if he had choose to concentrate on it, but I would hate to give him away to other fields!

Btw Kiru, I took your suggestion and just started to blog my old posts from this forum. Coincidentally, I just recorded a video blog explaining his music (since my writing skill is not that great) and Raja just released in this video! So happy to hear him talk about his music.

I have been arguing the case about his visual and story approach to songs for a while and his video validates lot of other hubbers like App_engine, Suresh, V_S, you just to name a few.

Will post my video soon.

App_Engine:

Yes very candid. I think he has always been like that and not insecure to reveal his inspiration. Just that he is talking lot more now!

btw, I like the uncomfortable shyness in the video for having to address the camera directly rather than the interviewer and talk about his music.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
16th October 2012, 01:11 AM
அந்த அலைகள் மேட்டரை சொல்லிட்டு ஒரு குழந்தை சிரிப்பு சிரிக்கிறாரே "என்னடா இவன் இவனைப்பத்தியே தற்புகழ்ச்சி பண்ணிக்கிறானே ந்னு நீங்க நெனைக்கிறது எனக்கு புரியுது" ங்குறா மாதிரி ஒரு செல்ஃப்-பகடி!

baroque
16th October 2012, 01:27 AM
Btw Kiru, I took your suggestion and just started to blog my old posts from this forum.

Senthilv.com,
Do you write about WCM like these boys - Kiru, CSR, V_S, Jai etc... in your posts?
Post here so that we all learn!

app_engine
16th October 2012, 01:29 AM
இளையராஜாவுக்கும் நயன்தாராவுக்கும் என்ன ஒற்றுமை?

சொல்லுங்க பாப்போம்?

(http://dinamani.com/cinema/article1300129.ece)
:mrgreen:

baroque
16th October 2012, 01:38 AM
paduththuvaa app_eng! :)

app_engine
16th October 2012, 02:36 AM
ஐயோ! :oops:

அந்த லிங்க்'ல போயிப்பாக்கலையா? :-)

baroque
16th October 2012, 02:55 AM
parthen..Congrats to them! adhai edhukku juicy aa posting!:)

senthilv.com
16th October 2012, 03:06 AM
Senthilv.com,
Do you write about WCM like these boys - Kiru, CSR, V_S, Jai etc... in your posts?
Post here so that we all learn!

Will do. I recorded a video but after Raaja's video, I'm re-recording anew video because it makes sense use Raja's video as an intro.

No don't know anything about WCM. I just bravely blabber once in a while. If you can make something out it, it's your credit!

PS: You guys can just call me Senthil :)

baroque
16th October 2012, 03:49 AM
appadiyaa! seri..:)

Dragun
16th October 2012, 07:45 AM
Just received my copy of NEP. My only complaint is that there's no booklet with credits or lyrics. Instead of giving us the "best of Gautham Menon" CD they could have given us a booklet.

baroque
16th October 2012, 07:56 AM
BEST OF GVM with NEPV CD ? :roll:
They have picked couple of tracks from vinnai thandi varuvaya & vaaranam aayiram, may be minnale, is it?

Dragun
16th October 2012, 08:09 AM
It is all the songs of VTV and VA, with Aaromale female version and Hosanna instrumental added. Those must be the only two GVM albums owned by Sony Music. Saregama owns Minnale.

It also comes with two postcard-sized photos of IR, with his (reprinted) autograph. Is my copy simply missing the booklet or did they not bother to include one at all?

baroque
16th October 2012, 08:28 AM
mmm....

Gregorysab
16th October 2012, 02:21 PM
Gundello Godari update: The movie's twitter handle says that Ilaiyaraaja has sung one song in the film (not at all surprising for me, I expected it)

San_K
16th October 2012, 04:06 PM
Gundello Godari update: The movie's twitter handle says that Ilaiyaraaja has sung one song in the film (not at all surprising for me, I expected it)

http://www.facebook.com/groups/IlayaRajafans/permalink/326433167455955/?comment_id=326708400761765&offset=0&total_comments=13

Gregorysab
16th October 2012, 05:16 PM
http://www.facebook.com/groups/IlayaRajafans/permalink/326433167455955/?comment_id=326708400761765&offset=0&total_comments=13

I am not there in that group (and not keen on joining in yet another group). so please copy paste the information.

San_K
16th October 2012, 05:28 PM
I am not there in that group (and not keen on joining in yet another group). so please copy paste the information.

OK. pasting here

Raja sir has sung one energetic song like thaluki thaluki kind of rhythmatic song, one fast melody for mano, and I seriously loved bavatha song, beautiful melody it its:-)totally 6 tracks...

layman10
16th October 2012, 05:42 PM
OK. pasting here

BHava/Mano, hope they are for tamil version of the songs..

sivasub
16th October 2012, 08:32 PM
Gundello godari audio release live on MAA Movies tomorrow at 7pm

kameshratnam
17th October 2012, 12:04 AM
USA concert tickets

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1C00494C3AB7A18D?artistid=1786580&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=5

app_engine
17th October 2012, 12:45 AM
USA concert tickets

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1C00494C3AB7A18D?artistid=1786580&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=5

It says :

Tickets are currently not available online for one of the following reasons. Please check back for availability.

Tickets may not be on sale yet
Tickets may not be available at this time. More tickets may become available later
Tickets may not be available online just hours before an event occurs
On rare occasions, tickets may only be available at ticket outlets or the box office

:roll:

rajkumarc
17th October 2012, 03:37 AM
bata.org website says that tickets should be available in a day or two. Hope they have enough available, don't want to miss this concert at any cost.

baroque
17th October 2012, 10:32 AM
Have you noted ticketmaster's service charges!
I will happily listen to my CD collections at the comfort of my home !:musicsmile:
One less person to worry for you, but couple of my friends are coming from San Diego! So...Good luck to you all!:)

Sulekha charges 3%, if they sell there, $50 ticket is sensible for me, then I will see you in the arena if I get the tickets, Raja!:-D
Vinatha.

kameshratnam
17th October 2012, 09:52 PM
MM Keeravani Speaks about Ilayaraja - Gundello Godari Audio http://youtu.be/YDMuEoBFaIA

Exclusive ~ Gundello Godari : " Aa Veedhi Kurrodu" Song Trailer http://youtu.be/rpSY0meTC_U #ilayaraja

Exclusive ~ " Pongi Porulutundi " Song Trailer ~ http://youtu.be/xRy34_rUydI #Ilayaraja #GundelloGodari

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbNJDVJiGTg&feature=youtu.be

Sureshs65
17th October 2012, 10:33 PM
Everyone,

Do watch the Keeravani video. That a popular and successful director like him singing so many Raja songs shows his humility and love for Raja. It also shows the impact that Raja has had on music directors. Wonderful video. Hats off to Keeravani for this tribute.

Gregorysab
17th October 2012, 10:46 PM
Thanks a lot Kamesh! Liked all the videos! All I can say is... Raaja is having fun... :-) cool!

Gregorysab
17th October 2012, 10:49 PM
ya, Keeravani seems to be having a long list of favourites! :-) good video!

Loved Pongi porluthondhi song by the way! (i guess the other 'item' song will not impress me :-) )

San_K
17th October 2012, 10:52 PM
Everyone,

Do watch the Keeravani video. That a popular and successful director like him singing so many Raja songs shows his humility and love for Raja. It also shows the impact that Raja has had on music directors. Wonderful video. Hats off to Keeravani for this tribute.

telugu saare :|. Any translation pls :)

kiru
17th October 2012, 10:56 PM
Everyone,

Awesome.. way way better singing than our cool dude Karthik at the NEPV launch.

San_K
17th October 2012, 11:24 PM
15, 20 years back (very first of his career), Maragathamani in Enakku piditha paadal programme on SUN TV. He told about the same Alli thantha boomi and glorified it a lot

teja
18th October 2012, 12:14 AM
Wow! This album and BGM holds lot of promise. Loved whatever I heard so far, except for one of the two item songs.

"Ekkadundi" is an instant hit from me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e9SRcEUhIs
It's prelude rhythm reminded me of "Valli Valli Ena Vanthan". Loved Machaana Paatingala remix. Raja is the only composer who can make remixes sound good!

irir123
18th October 2012, 12:56 AM
sounds good but another rehash ??

MMK has a very decent voice ! maybe IR can use him as a singer ahead of many others! and from what little I know in telugu, his choice of words while speaking abt IR and his music (his bgm in songs is like 'ganga pravaaham' is one such example) were very appropriate and poetic!

I cannot recall a lot of TF makkals who can speak this eloquently abt IR without blindly praising him

irir123
18th October 2012, 09:10 AM
i liked the use of 'THEORETIcal trailer' instead of 'THEATRICAL trailer' !

Gregorysab
18th October 2012, 11:30 AM
That Mano song has 80s touch. The title song, however, seems to be missing the 80s touch (arrangements-wise). But it sounds like a good song.

musiukunit
18th October 2012, 02:17 PM
http://www.jeyamohan.in/?p=31098

JM on Raaja

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
18th October 2012, 07:31 PM
Read the 1st question on Left top. One Uruppadiyaana question and superb answer in the Kumudam QA series! Raaga Experts of Hub kindly try to find the songs and BGM!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A5esxl2CcAE0_Ix.jpg:large

Senareb
18th October 2012, 07:57 PM
http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/news/2012/10/eelam-tamils-condemn-seeman-his-attack-163374.html

தமிழர்களுக்கு உதவாதவரா இளையராஜா?-சீமானின் பேச்சுக்கு புலம்பெயர் தமிழர் பதிலடி!

தமிழ் சொந்தங்கள் செத்து விழுந்தபோது, அவர்களுக்கு எந்த விதத்திலும் உதவாத இளையராஜா, வெளிநாடுகளில் கச்சேரி நடத்தப் போவது வருத்தமாக உள்ளது என சீமான் குற்றம்சாட்டியுள்ளார். சீமானின் இந்தப் பேச்சு உலகெங்கிலும் உள்ள தமிழர்களையும், ராஜாவின் ரசிகர்களையும் கொதிப்புக்குள்ளாக்கியுள்ளது.

2016 ல் புதிய அரசியல் வரலாறு படைப்போம் என்ற தலைப்பில் நாம் தமிழர் கட்சியின் பொதுக் கூட்டம் புதுக்கோட்டை மாவட்டம் கீரமங்கலத்தில் நடந்தது.

கூட்டத்தில் கட்சியின் தலைமை ஒருங்கிணைப்பாளர் சீமான் பேசுகையில் இளையராஜாவை நேரடியாக தாக்கிப் பேசினார்.

அவர் பேசுகையில், "முள்ளிவாய்க்காலில் கடைசி நேரத்தில் நடேசன் வெள்ளைக் கொடியுடன் போன போது அவரை சுட்டு கொன்றார்கள். இதை பார்த்து சிங்களப் பெண்ணான நடேசனின் மனைவி சிங்களத்தில் அவர்களிடம் நியாயம் கேட்டார். அந்த பெண்ணையும் 20 சிங்கள ராணுவத்தினர் கற்பழித்துக் கொன்றார்கள்.

இத்தனை காலமும் வெளிநாடுகளுக்கு சென்று கச்சேரி நடத்தாத இசையமைப்பாளர் இளையராஜா இப்போது தமிழனின் விடுதலை நெருப்பை நீர்த்துப் போகச் செய்ய நடத்தப்படும் இசை நிகழ்ச்சிகு நவம்பர் 3 கனடா செல்கிறார்.

தமிழ் சொந்தங்கள் செத்து விழுந்த போது உணவுக்கோ, மருந்துக்கோ, துணிக்கோ இந்த இளையராஜா கச்சேரி நடத்தி உதவி செய்ய முன்வரவில்லை. ஆனால் இப்போது போவது வருத்தம் அளிக்கிறது," என்றார்.

ரசிகர்கள் கோபம்...

சீமானின் பேச்சை பல லட்சம் ஈழத் தமிழர்களே கண்டிக்க ஆரம்பித்துள்ளனர். சீமானின் பேச்சு குறித்து தங்கள் எதிர்வினையை அவருக்கு வெளிப்படையான கடிதமாகவே எழுதியுள்ளனர்.

அந்தக் கடிதத்தில், "இசை கேட்டால் விடுதலை உணர்வு நீர்த்துப் போகுமா... அதுவும் இத்தனை காலமும் தமிழனின் நாடி நரம்புகளில் ரத்தமாக பாய்ந்து கொண்டிருக்கும் ஒரு ஜீவ இசைக்குச் சொந்தக்காரரை எப்படி இப்படியெல்லாம் வாய்க்கு வந்தபடி பேச மனம் வருகிறது அரசியல்வாதிகளால்? சீமான் அவர்களே.. ராஜாவின் இசை தமிழர் சொத்து. அதை ஈழத் தமிழர்களின் பேரால் கொச்சைப் படுத்த வேண்டாம். மாவீரர் நாளை உங்கள் தனிப்பட்ட அரசியலுக்கு பயன்படுத்தவேண்டாம்,' என்று தெரிவித்துள்ளனர்.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
18th October 2012, 08:09 PM
http://www.thiraipaadal.com/playlistirsongs.php?PLID=Maand&lang=en

Ragam: Maand
Notes: | S G3 M1 P D2 S | S N3 D2 P M1 G3 R2 S

1) Vanna Chindu Kovil Kaalai
2) Machan En Mac Raaman AbdullahIllayaraja's Songs List By Ragam Maand - ThiraiPaadal.com (http://www.thiraipaadal.com/playlistirsongs.php?PLID=Maand&lang=en)
www.thiraipaadal.com (http://www.thiraipaadal.com/)Illayaraja songs listing for raagam Maand

Thilang | S G3 M1 P N3 S | S N2 P M1 G3 S
Kaatula Thalaiyaatura Siru Aavarampoove -- Solla Marandha Kadhai, Kothamalli Poove -- Kalukkul Eeram, Madathile Kanni Madathile -- Veera (Mixes traces of Natai/Jog), Manathil Urudhi Vendum -- Sindhu Bhairavi, Yezhuvannam Konda Poovu -- Konji Pesalam (Trace mix of Ri2/Ga2)

Hearta Zen (http://www.facebook.com/hearta.zen) found another Raaga too http://www.thehindu.com/arts/music/heartwarming-tilang/article3991168.ece charulatamani wrote abt 2 songs in 'tilang'

kameshratnam
18th October 2012, 09:24 PM
Question: While you have used many carnatic raagas in your songs, why have you not used.. Bairavi,thillang ,maand, sahana?? Answer: You have not listened to the songs which i have composed in the raagam maand. I have composed bgms in the raagas sahana, bairavi and thillang. I leave it to you to guess the song which is composed by me in the raagam Maand

KUMUDAM KOSTIN translation :D :D

Also why pic of the great bulb given to the Rajnikanth kostin???

Gregorysab
18th October 2012, 10:15 PM
I leave it to you to guess the song which is composed by me in the raagam Maand

There is one Maand in Padithurai!

kiru
19th October 2012, 03:10 AM
"Ekkadundi" is an instant hit from me....
It's prelude rhythm reminded me of "Valli Valli Ena Vanthan". Loved Machaana Paatingala remix. Raja is the only composer who can make remixes sound good!

And gundello godari prelude sounds like sorgamE enRaalum prelude. Probably intentionally done to get the 80s period feel. Yes, all synth, but you cannot write music like for NEPV all the time.. It is too draining .. intensive.

rajkumarc
19th October 2012, 05:30 AM
Have you noted ticketmaster's service charges!
I will happily listen to my CD collections at the comfort of my home !:musicsmile:
One less person to worry for you, but couple of my friends are coming from San Diego! So...Good luck to you all!:)

Sulekha charges 3%, if they sell there, $50 ticket is sensible for me, then I will see you in the arena if I get the tickets, Raja!:-D
Vinatha.

baroque - Ticket booking has opened today. You should try getting the tickets from HP Pavilion office (http://www.bata.org/site/ilaiyaraja-concert-tickets.htm)directly to save on the service charge.

I already got the tickets via ticketmaster for Level1 seating. To me, this is a lifetime opportunity to see him perform live and in person, no matter the price. I consider myself lucky that he is performing in the Bay Area. I just hope and wish SPB is part of this concert. Till now, no mention of his name in the singers list.

dochu
19th October 2012, 05:45 AM
Ekkadundi reminds me of thalukki thalukki vanthu kullikki varum munnale....Karthik/khusbu song - Kizhakku vasal.

baroque
19th October 2012, 07:21 AM
:ty:

Thanks rajkumarc for the info.
congrats on your ticket purchase!
Indeed, it's a fantastic chance for us. You enjoy!
just now seeing the BATA site, I will try for the tickets tomorrow!
Hope I get it!:)

Kalalaya just brought SPB with Chitra by Sep 14,15 and 16 - 2012, last month.

It's only the beginning... Raja will get an idea about the trip, logistics, expenditure etc..
He will come again if not with a massive orchestra at least with small scale! Be optimistic!

PARAMASHIVAN
19th October 2012, 04:30 PM
I was just listening to "Athinthom" song by SPB from CM!, doesn't this song remaind you of the solo "MaanguyilE poonguyilE" from Karakattakaran ? The begining sounds so similar. I know VS was once an assistant to IR, Vs does seem to have IR influences in his "Melody" based songs?

MumbaiRamki
19th October 2012, 10:43 PM
I was just listening to "Athinthom" song by SPB from CM!, doesn't this song remaind you of the solo "MaanguyilE poonguyilE" from Karakattakaran ? The begining sounds so similar. I know VS was once an assistant to IR, Vs does seem to have IR influences in his "Melody" based songs?

Athinthom pallavi & anu pallavi is a lift from a Malayalam folk :)

baroque
20th October 2012, 12:00 AM
rajkumarc,
Very kind of you for updating me promptly.:ty:
I got the tickets!:)
SAN JOSE IS GOING TO EXPERIENCE MUSIC TSUNAMI!:redjump:
RAJA WILL LOVE SAN JOSE JUST LIKE S.P.B!
We are more Indian in San Jose than in India!:ty:USA!
Vinatha.

rajkumarc
20th October 2012, 12:41 AM
Vinatha - You are most welcome, glad you got the tickets. Can't wait for Nov 11th to see the Maestro in person.

baroque
20th October 2012, 12:57 AM
:-D
You deserve it!

PARAMASHIVAN
22nd October 2012, 02:54 PM
Athinthom pallavi & anu pallavi is a lift from a Malayalam folk :)

oh ok :)

kameshratnam
22nd October 2012, 06:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqpQ-NtjoUI&feature=autoshare

Raaja sir and K J yesudas in rehearsals for the Toronto concert

Gregorysab
23rd October 2012, 04:20 PM
Age has finally caught up with Yesudas, he is really struggling. Though his baritone is infact, he is going off-key quite many times in that video. I hope the concert rendition turns better than this one.

Fliflo
23rd October 2012, 09:05 PM
Mohan Babu praising Ilayaraja

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyp3VVVVZ38

baroque
23rd October 2012, 09:09 PM
yeah...
but it's very overwhelming already...
I am excited, nervous, happy, hyper!:redjump:

Mother nature is pouring in San Jose, showing her glee about your arrival!:)
nallor oruvar ullaarel avar porruttu ellorkum peiyum mazhai!

Vinatha.

Fliflo
23rd October 2012, 09:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4CLB2s-R7Q

continuation of mohan babu speech on ilayaraja

Shank
25th October 2012, 09:20 AM
I just bought tickets for Toronto...it's a good 9 hour drive, but well worth it to go and see the King!

rajkumarc
25th October 2012, 10:23 AM
They were supposed to announce a special singer for the Toronto concert, kind of mentioned that as a surprise element. Does anyone know who is that singer?

venkkiram
26th October 2012, 09:08 PM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151197048919223&set=a.415559999222.190780.690164222&type=1&theater

teja
27th October 2012, 01:31 PM
Ilayaraja set to compose music for Vishal’s Telugu film

http://www.123telugu.com/mnews/ilayaraja-set-to-compose-music-for-vishals-telugu-film.html

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
27th October 2012, 08:04 PM
Enjoy!! http://www.tamilpaper.net/?p=7010 (http://t.co/yz2BUPBo) Who is that பெயரிலி?!?

NormalMan
29th October 2012, 12:18 AM
... told the editor Lenin to edit several unnecessary scenes. This gave life to the movie, along with the theme music Thenpandi seemayilae. Had it not been for Ilayaraja and Lenin, the movie would have flopped.

Not sure about the validity of the producer's statements. But all I can say about the highlighted text above is - "ஆணித்தரமான உண்மை". The theme is still the face to the movie. I'm a big fan of Kamal; But sorry, I can't give this to him. IR is the real hero of this movie. IR, Kamal, PC, Balakumaran, Janakaraj and Mani - in that order.

http://www.thehindu.com/arts/magazine/living-in-past-glory/article4034360.ece?homepage=true

rajaramsgi
29th October 2012, 02:25 AM
... told the editor Lenin to edit several unnecessary scenes. This gave life to the movie, along with the theme music Thenpandi seemayilae. Had it not been for Ilayaraja and Lenin, the movie would have flopped.

http://www.thehindu.com/arts/magazine/living-in-past-glory/article4034360.ece?homepage=true

I was surprised too at Kamal's last week's velu nayakan does'nt dance article. Not sure what made these guys to talk about the movie after all these years. Those days, it was openly written about how Muktha made loss and GV profited out of Nayakan. Glad to see Muktha mentioning about Raja sir which Kamal missed. Even if there is a Mani Ratnam's article about it, we won't know who is right or wrong. All we know is that the movie is surely a master piece, Raja sir's songs are fresh till date.

kiru
29th October 2012, 04:39 AM
Enjoy!! http://www.tamilpaper.net/?p=7010 (http://t.co/yz2BUPBo) Who is that பெயரிலி?!?

I wrote a few lines of feedback but then I discarded it. I dont think he is seriously into the music. It was probably just a youthful, time-killing activity and rAja's music differentiated him from the pre-rAja music listening older generation. No point in explaining the nuances of rAja's music to someone who says, thenRal vanthu theendum pOthu was sukku kashayam :-( God save his music soul..I feel very sorry for him. It is like being blind even when you have a good pair of eyes..

marnsZet
29th October 2012, 07:52 AM
Was watching super singer junior Live!!!??? on Vijay tv. As ARR was the chief guest the contestants sung only his hits I think.After the contestants completed their performances singers from the earlier super singer contest were singing for sometime. Did anyone notice the response "Unnavida intha ulahathule.." got from the audience as soon as the first lines were sung.
Hahahahaha. :-D

raja_fan
29th October 2012, 12:18 PM

Not sure about the validity of the producer's statements. But all I can say about the highlighted text above is - "ஆணித்தரமான உண்மை". The theme is still the face to the movie. I'm a big fan of Kamal; But sorry, I can't give this to him. IR is the real hero of this movie. IR, Kamal, PC, Balakumaran, Janakaraj and Mani - in that order.

When I read Kamal's version last week in THE HINDU, I felt pity for Mani Ratnam and Kamal.

But after reading Mukta's version, I feel this one is more believable than Kamal's. Just for the reason that it perfectly coincides with the popular complaints from producers on Kamal.
We still remember how Thanu apparently cried after Alavandhan.
And Rs.17,50,000 salary before 25 years !!! To imagine Rajni would have touched double of this that time...

irir123
29th October 2012, 07:23 PM
When I read Kamal's version last week in THE HINDU, I felt pity for Mani Ratnam and Kamal.

But after reading Mukta's version, I feel this one is more believable than Kamal's. Just for the reason that it perfectly coincides with the popular complaints from producers on Kamal.
And Rs.17,50,000 salary before 25 years !!! To imagine Rajni would have touched double of this that time...

raja_fan - naan Kamalukku vakkaalathhu vaangarathaa ninaikka venaam.

but, the same Kamal every producer seems to be complaining abt:

1. came to the rescue of Mahendran by helping him financially to complete the 'mullum malarum' shoot ! and that film happens to be one of the landmark films of 'you-know-who'!

2.has acted either without salary or very very meagre salary for 'Kalaignan' (Sivaji productions) as well as 'Singaravelan' (Paavalar Creations - IR's own production house)

why would a man - blamed for being 'selfish' and insensitive to others needs - do the above ??

and Dhanu has now done an andhar balti in a recent interview praising Kamal ! oru nilaiyyaaana karuthhu irukkanumaa vendaamaa ? 'yenakkum kamalukkum karuthhu verubaadu undu' appadeeennu strong aa ninnaaa, at least Dhanu oru kolgaya kadai pidippavarnu sollalaam - aanaa, samayam, sandharppam yethha madhiri, ippadi ujaala aavuradhu - sounds comical to me!

and as a HCIRF, I know the respect IR and Kamal have for each other ! this one interview need not be misinterpreted as something anti-IR - besides this BRangan has already irritated us by condescendingly putting down IR when he interviewed GVM !

krish244
30th October 2012, 10:46 AM
Devi Sri Prasad (DSP) on cloud nine after IR called him on stage to sing along with him during Marandhen Manithen audio release:

http://www.galatta.com/telugu/news/devi-sri-prasads-most-memorable-day/64171/

thanks,

Krishnan

Pras
30th October 2012, 12:06 PM
how is maranthen mannithen ? any reviews ?

rajaramsgi
30th October 2012, 07:31 PM
how is maranthen mannithen ? any reviews ?

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=vMdnrbwhXgM)http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vMdnrbwhXgM

பாடல்கள் இன்னும் என் மனதில் பதியவில்லை. மேலும் சில முறை கேட்க வேண்டும் என்று நினைக்கிறன். ஆனால் லக்ஷ்மி மஞ்சுவிற்கு மிகவும் திருப்தி போலும். ராஜா சாருக்கு இன்னும் சம்பளம் தரவில்லையாம்.

SVN
30th October 2012, 07:34 PM
After the high of NEPV, Maranthen Mannithen is a damp squib for me. With IRs decades-old association and friendship with the Manchu family, I expected the score to be great, if not a classic. Also, going by the movie clips released recently, it was clear that the aesthetics of the initial posters were a result of a Photoshop job. It looks like any other high-octane village-based masala film with a "Thevar Magan -type" flood scene being the highlight.

Regardless, if the movie turns out to be a big hit, it would be great for IR. However IMO, score-wise it's uninspiring!

rajaramsgi
30th October 2012, 07:58 PM
அண்ணன் ஹரிஹரன் அவர்கள் வழக்கம் போல ராகத்தை தப்பாக பாடி சொதப்பி விடுவதில் மன்னராக இருந்தாலும், ராஜா சாரே பெரிது படுத்தாமல் அருகில் நிற்பதால் நாமும் கண்டுகொள்ளாமல் விட்டு விடலாம்.

காதில் ஒரு காதல் கதை "சொன்னால்" என்ன? வீடியோ வரும் 0:26 மற்றும் 0:33 வினாடியில் கேட்டு பாருங்கள் தெரியும். அந்த நேரத்தில் நொந்து போய் அருண்மொழி அவரை பரிதாபமாக பார்பதாகவும் வைத்துக்கொள்ளலாம் :-) மேடையிலாவது சரியாக பாடுவாரா?

ஆனால், அடுத்து வரும் "அத்தை மகளோ மாமன் மகளோ" என்று ஆரம்பித்தவுடன், பிரவாகம் எடுத்து பின்னால் வரும் வயலின்கள் (0:37 - 0:49 வினாடிகள் ) மனதை பிசைகின்றன.. படம் வந்து சற்றே 28 வருடங்கள் வேகமாக ஓடி விட்டது. இதெல்லாம் தெரிந்து தான் இந்த மனிதர் போட்டாரா இல்லை இவருக்கே தெரியாமல் இதெல்லாம் வந்து கொட்டியதா? யாரோ சொன்னது போல், யானைக்கு தன் பலம் தெரியுமா என்று தெரியவில்லை.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5_Hk6TCMgQ&noredirect=1

other canda concert clips: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=videos&search_query=engeyum+eppodhum+trinity&search_sort=video_date_uploaded&uni=3

rajaramsgi
30th October 2012, 08:28 PM
ரேவதியின் சோலோ பேத்தொஸ் பாடலை டூயட் பாடலாக மாற்றி விட்டார் போலும். இதுவும் நன்றாகவே இருக்கிறது. விபரம் தெரிந்தவர்களுக்கு ஒரு கேள்வி. 1:03 வினாடியில் ஸ்வேதாவிற்கு இருபுறமும் வரும் இரு ஆண் பாடகர்கள் யார்? கோரஸ் மட்டும் பாடுபவர்கள் போல் தெரியவில்லை. பாடல் சொல்லி கொடுப்பவர்களா? ராஜா சார் சீனில் இருக்கும் போதே இவர்கள இருவரும் அதிக உரிமையுடன் வளைய வருகிறார்களே? அவருடைய கச்சேரிகளிலும் ரிகார்டிங்கிலும் இவர்களை அடிகடி காண்பதால், யார் இவர்கள் என்று கேட்டேன். சுந்தர்ராஜன் இல்லாத குறையை போக்குபவர்களாக இருக்குமோ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cMlKZjAGww&feature=relmfu

SVN
31st October 2012, 12:37 AM
Gender-bender?

One of my favorite songs, "POttu Vaitha Kadhal Thittam" originally sung by Kamal in the film SingAra VElan is being performed by two girls in the Toronto show. The lead singer (forgot her name, she performed in the Chennai show as well) sounds quite good and seems to enjoy the song. Looks like the show is going to have more such surprises... Perhaps the 'surprise' singer is Kamal himself?

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
31st October 2012, 03:07 AM

You only feel, don't apply ur brain and look keenly about what Mukta said. Read Kamal thread. I have posted many questions about Mukta's version.

raja_fan
31st October 2012, 12:09 PM
You only feel, don't apply ur brain and look keenly about what Mukta said. Read Kamal thread. I have posted many questions about Mukta's version.

Dhodaa...brain apply panrathukku moththa kuththagai eduthirukkaru paa ivaru..

Shankar.P
31st October 2012, 03:18 PM
sorry friends...
தமிழர்கள் எதிர்ப்பு மற்றும் புயல் : இளையராஜாவின் இசை நிகழ்ச்சி ரத்து
http://www.nakkheeran.in/Users/frmNews.aspx?N=85229

layman10
31st October 2012, 06:22 PM
sorry friends...
தமிழர்கள் எதிர்ப்பு மற்றும் புயல் : இளையராஜாவின் இசை நிகழ்ச்சி ரத்து
http://www.nakkheeran.in/Users/frmNews.aspx?N=85229

No such announcement on trinity events site.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
31st October 2012, 06:25 PM
Dhodaa...brain apply panrathukku moththa kuththagai eduthirukkaru paa ivaru..

ellaarukkum irukkurathu thaan. oru vishayam nnu vanthaa use panrathum pannaathathum avangavanga ishtam

My own brain how can i take kuthagai?!?

Shankar.P
31st October 2012, 09:04 PM
கனடியத் தமிழர் பேரவையின் அவசர அறிவிப்பு
http://www.nakkheeran.in/Users/frmNews.aspx?N=85247

baroque
1st November 2012, 02:51 AM
Let us hope for the best!

Support FEMA and the local first responders that quickly serve the people's needs! :(

vinatha.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
1st November 2012, 06:25 AM
கனடியத் தமிழர் பேரவையின் அவசர அறிவிப்பு
http://www.nakkheeran.in/Users/frmNews.aspx?N=85247

Its confusing. http://www.trinityeventsonline.com/ says the program is postponed.

baroque
1st November 2012, 09:29 AM
oh!
:???:
mmm...only in INDIAN FILM MUSIC COMPOSERS like Salilda, MSV_TKR, , Hemanta, Ilayaraja etc.. spooky, disturbing moods are tranquilizing!
Other real situations like natural disasters are worrisome & uncertain! :???:

K
1st November 2012, 10:10 AM
Song for the Situation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvynWdkP6WU

Payanagal Mudivathillai

marnsZet
1st November 2012, 04:15 PM
http://www.radiospathy.com/2012/10/blog-post_29.html

NIce writeup!

rajaramsgi
1st November 2012, 06:20 PM
Song for the Situation

Payanagal Mudivathillai

நெஜமாலுமே ப்ரோகிராம தள்ளி வெச்சுட்டாங்கப்பா... சிட்டுவேஷன் பாட்டு போட்டும் வருண பகவான் காதுக்கு கேக்கலை.

http://www.trinityeventsonline.com/ (http://www.trinityeventsonline.com/)

தள்ளிவைக்கப்பட்ட நிகழ்ச்சி நவம்பர் மாதமே மறுபடியும் நடந்தா தான் கெத்தா இருக்கும்.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
1st November 2012, 08:29 PM
அங்கே சாண்டி புயலால் இசைஞானிக்கு பிரச்சனை

இங்கே நிலம் புயலால் கலைஞானிக்கு பிரச்சனை

http://businessofcinema.com/news/sandys-desi-cousin-nilam-alters-kamal-haasans-plans/53308

kameshratnam
1st November 2012, 09:13 PM
The response is not that great. Ilayathalam needs 100,000 views by the end of the 1st month (i.e.: Nov 3rd week). We are scraping the whole project of documenting Maestro's life and achievements if the fans are not interested.

https://www.facebook.com/Ilayathalam?fref=ts

kiru
2nd November 2012, 12:09 AM
The response is not that great. Ilayathalam needs 100,000 views by the end of the 1st month (i.e.: Nov 3rd week). We are scraping the whole project of documenting Maestro's life and achievements if the fans are not interested.

https://www.facebook.com/Ilayathalam?fref=ts

Sad to hear this . But based on my experience in the software industry .. you have to have content first to get the hits (or downloads in my case). Keep continuing people will come.. also the profile of internet users is more youthful and probably not exposed to IR that much ..albums/hits like NEPV will help. Not sure, the great man will understand these sort of things, but I thoroughly enjoyed his annakiLi anecdote. In our younger years we were able to interact with good professors in the university but we were not able to hear or see great scientists. Similarly, in music, not many, can hear or see great musicians talk. Technology now helps. Why not give the audience some love this way and little more than the main ingredient- music which they may have to actually buy !!!

baroque
2nd November 2012, 12:47 AM
Shri.Ilayaraja really needs a professional PR person to guide him!
Take this video posted regarding postponement of his concerts!
There is no SORRY NOTE about the natural disaster happening now, a consoling heart touching note for the people who are hurting!
We all know that Raja cares but it's good to hear him say it.
Unfortunate, his folks just posted the video instead of guiding him!
This was noted by a Ilayaraja fan in the Facebook & he felt that Raja could have done better!

anyway...
Shri.ilayaraja's music is enough for me to uplift my spirits!:)
For that I am grateful to you, Raja!:ty:

senthilv.com
2nd November 2012, 09:39 AM
Shri.Ilayaraja really needs a professional PR person to guide him!
Take this video posted regarding postponement of his concerts!
There is no SORRY NOTE about the natural disaster happening now, a consoling heart touching note for the people who are hurting!
We all know that Raja cares but it's good to hear him say it.
Unfortunate, his folks just posted the video instead of guiding him!
This was noted by a Ilayaraja fan in the Facebook & he felt that Raja could have done better!

anyway...
Shri.ilayaraja's music is enough for me to uplift my spirits!:)
For that I am grateful to you, Raja!:ty:

+1

Social media is completely new ball game. It requires entirely different approach and reaching out.

Ilayathalam problem is there are already other Raja page maintained unofficially by others which has 100K members, 30k members etc... It is not easy effort to bring ppl from other pages/groups to official page.

It will probably happen but will take lot more time and effort.

baroque
2nd November 2012, 09:49 AM
yeah... what happened to raaja.com?
remember Raghavan and Vicky etc.. fellows are working on it!:roll:

http://raaja.com/

kameshratnam
2nd November 2012, 12:32 PM
Raaja dot com has many many treasures inside and all above that the HUMAN effort of so many individuals. Sadly we don't know the reason why they have not yet launched it.

Social media is not very easy and getting 1 lakh likes within 3 weeks needs a real miracle to happen :D

San_K
2nd November 2012, 12:57 PM
+1

Social media is completely new ball game. It requires entirely different approach and reaching out.

Ilayathalam problem is there are already other Raja page maintained unofficially by others which has 100K members, 30k members etc... It is not easy effort to bring ppl from other pages/groups to official page.

It will probably happen but will take lot more time and effort.

+1

The name Ilayathalam itself is a problem. Who knows it is Ilayaraja's official page and who will believe immediately. It should be named with 'Ilaiyaraaja' since it is official. I think, instead of creating another page like Ilayathalam they should have to acquire the existing unofficial some famous 'Ilayaraja' FB page and make it official

baroque
2nd November 2012, 10:51 PM
+1

The name Ilayathalam itself is a problem. Who knows it is Ilayaraja's official page and who will believe immediately. It should be named with 'Ilaiyaraaja' since it is official. I think, instead of creating another page like Ilayathalam they should have to acquire the existing unofficial some famous 'Ilayaraja' FB page and make it official

mmm... even Raghavan's team did the same for raaja.com, I guess!
Shri.Ilayaraja paid some money to the fan who was having the address earlier!
I think Raghavan and his team are waiting for Shri.Ilayaraja's approval to launch the site!:roll:

senthilv.com
3rd November 2012, 12:28 AM
+1

+ 1

Yes. Ilayathalam is almost like re-branding Raja. I was confused when it first time. So branding is another challenge on top of social media execution. Basically, it is not possible to ride on just Raja's name. I'm sure they are aware of the challenge but it requires a good team and lot of effort. Their current approach could be something like soft launch before an big official launch but I don't know if they are anticipating that amount of work.

kameshratnam
3rd November 2012, 01:43 PM
Dear Chennai fans:

Gundello Godari - Audio cds are available at the following place

M/S JAYAM AUDIO 3/5, Mangapathi Street, Chintadripet,
Anna Salai, Chennai, Tamil Nadu. Pincode : 600002
TEL: 044-28455385

I also heard that a Ilayaraaja Fans group from Coimbatore has ordered 60 audio cds of gundello godari :) congrats

kr
4th November 2012, 06:03 AM
I am watching "Thee" (Tamil Version of Deewar) on KTV. The background score is atrocious. The story has great emotional moments but the background score kills them. If IR had scored for this movie, he would have enhanced the impact of this movie and made it successful.

K
4th November 2012, 07:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/user/STARVIJAY/videos?query=idhayam+thotta+isai+gnani

Idhayam Thotta isai Gnani total 5 Parts

kameshratnam
4th November 2012, 09:44 AM
Raaja will present a unplugged version and here are the photos :)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=516524188359949&set=a.516508955028139.127140.454532297892472&type=1&theater

rajaramsgi
4th November 2012, 02:56 PM
I am watching "Thee" (Tamil Version of Deewar) on KTV. The background score is atrocious. The story has great emotional moments but the background score kills them. If IR had scored for this movie, he would have enhanced the impact of this movie and made it successful.

Kr, I saw that one in KTV yesterday.. Music is by M.S.V. BGM must have been scored by one of his assistants Joseph Krishna & co.

rajaramsgi
4th November 2012, 02:58 PM
From Yesterday's Junior vikatan:

http://www.vikatan.com/jv/2012/11/zjblzt/images/star.jpgஜான்சி ராணி மாதிரி ஆந்திராவில் அசகாய வீராங்கனையாக வாழ்ந்த ராணி ருத்ரம்மாதேவி கேரக்டரில் நடிக்கிறார் அனுஷ்கா. இளையராஜா இசையில் தமிழ், தெலுங்கு, மலையாளம் என, மூன்று மொழிகளில் உருவாகும் இந்தப் படத்தின் பட்ஜெட் 50 கோடி ரூபாயாம்.

kameshratnam
4th November 2012, 11:33 PM
Ilayathalam: Hi all,
We are shooting the promo for the unplugged concert that Maestro will be performing of his favourite film and non-film songs.
Ilayathalam has decided to include 20 - 30 people from our fan page to attend the promo shoot where Maestro will sing 2 -3 songs on the piano with other musicians.
Anyone interested please don't comment but just hit the "Like" button to this post. We will randomly choose the winners. We are very happy with the contestants who came to the studio earlier for the rehearsals. Maestro was really pleased.
- Ilayathalam
u r yet to like...
pl like to get a chance...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=516867088325659&set=a.513576128654755.126562.454532297892472&type=1&theater

kameshratnam
5th November 2012, 12:14 AM
GUNDELLO GODARI OFFICIAL Mp3 download

http://www.flipkart.com/gundello-godari/p/itmdemvewd4m4nf8?pid=DGADEMTVGZSYWCKT

irir123
6th November 2012, 06:30 AM
annan srinivas enna thaan solla varraar inga ?

the way he has stressed on certain traits - no doubt as to who he is referring to !

vara vara, sundakka vendakaa singers pandra lollu thaanga mudila !

brigs
6th November 2012, 11:00 AM

the way he has stressed on certain traits - no doubt as to who he is referring to !

vara vara, sundakka vendakaa singers pandra lollu thaanga mudila !

hmmmm... any bad history between srinivas and IR that you know we all are not aware of to make this connection?

kiru
6th November 2012, 11:21 AM
hmmmm... any bad history between srinivas and IR that you know we all are not aware of to make this connection?
I think IR never gave him a second chance after Srinivas could not sing because of bad throat the first time IR called him.
If at all he is referring to IR, the positive side is, he is accepting he has the fastest brain and limitless knowledge in music. Creativity part - we will let the audience decide :-)

San_K
6th November 2012, 02:08 PM
oh idhukkuthaan nethu facebookla vangi katti kittaro . now he came with some explanation :lol:

brigs
6th November 2012, 02:44 PM
I think IR never gave him a second chance after Srinivas could not sing because of bad throat the first time IR called him.
If at all he is referring to IR, the positive side is, he is accepting he has the fastest brain and limitless knowledge in music. Creativity part - we will let the audience decide :-)

Thanks kiru. Srinivas looks super excited hearing ARR's Nenjukulle but it isn't necessary to take silly pot shots at IR - hope he offloads that baggage soon.

rajaramsgi
6th November 2012, 03:24 PM

The way he has stressed on certain traits - no doubt as to who he is referring to !

Vara vara, sundakka vendakaa singers pandra lollu thaanga mudila !

தெரியாதா? அண்ணன் ஸ்ரீனிவாஸ் அவர்கள், arr'ன் அள்ளக்கை. அவருடைய கிச்சன் கேபினட்டில் ஸ்ரீநிவாஸ் தான் பாடகர்களுக்கு பாட்டு சொல்லி தருபவராம். பின்ன அண்ணன் ஏன் பேச மாட்டாரு?

ரொம்ப நாளைக்கு முன்னாடி, ராஜா சாரோட பாட்டை கேட்டு தான் கோயம்புத்தூர்'ல இருந்து சென்னை புறப்பட்டு வந்தேன்னு ஒரு பிட்டு போட்டாரு. இப்போ இப்படி! நாளைக்கு வேற மாதிரி பேசுவோம். கேட்க வேண்டியது உங்க தலை எழுத்து. மனுஷன்னா குரங்கு மாதிரி மாறிட்டே இருக்கணும். இவரு மனுஷன்.

mohanraja
6th November 2012, 04:06 PM
தவறாகப் பேசினால் ஸ்க்ரீன் ஷாட் எடுக்கும் காலம். மக்களே தவறாக இந்தக் கருத்துக்காக என்னை மன்னியுங்கள். பல 'இசை விற்பன்னர்கள்' பாராட்டை பெற்றிருக்கும் அந்த பாடல் கடலை சார்ந்ததா, நகரத்தான்(ள்) கடலுக்கு பக்கத்தில் அமர்ந்து பாடுவதா என்றெல்லாம் தெரியவில்லை. இந்தப் பாடலில் ஒரு அலட்டல் இருக்கிறது. கடலுக்குரிய ஆழமும் சுத்தமாக இல்லை என்று தோன்றுகிறது. மிகச் சுமாரான இந்தப் பாடலுக்கு இத்தனை பில்ட் அப் வேறு. ஸ்ரீநிவாஸ் ரஹ்மான் பள்ளியை சேர்ந்தவர். அவரது இந்த 'கருத்து' பற்றி என்ன சொல்ல. பொதுவாகவே எல்லா மட்டங்களிலும் ரசனை என்பது கீழே இறங்கி வருகிறது என்ற உண்மைக்கு மேலும் ஒரு சான்று.

littlemaster1982
6th November 2012, 05:02 PM
I thought this thread is about Ilaiyaraaja :roll:

krish244
6th November 2012, 05:42 PM
As far as I know Srinivas has sung one (and probably the only song!) song for IR. The song "Ilaya Nilave" from from film Ponnu veettukkaran. It is a nice song.

thanks,

Krishnan

brigs
6th November 2012, 06:22 PM
I thought this thread is about Ilaiyaraaja :roll:

Athaan manushan'na kurangu madiri maarite irrukanum sollitaangale...

மனுஷன்னா குரங்கு மாதிரி மாறிட்டே இருக்கணும்.

kameshratnam
6th November 2012, 07:50 PM
தங்களின் பதில்கள் எல்லாம் உங்களின் நிலையில் இருந்தே சொல்லப்படாலும் – கேட்டவர் மனதையோ அல்லது வாசகர் மனதையோ – புண்படுத்தி விடக்கூடும் என்று எப்போதாவது தோன்றியதுண்டா?

- கே.மோகன் தமிழ்ச்செல்வன், சென்னை.

அடடா! இதை மறந்து விட்டு எத்தனையோ பதில்களைச் சொல்லி விட்டேனே!

நல்லவேளை இப்போது ஞாபகப்படுத்தினீர்கள் நன்றி! மிகவும் நன்றி!

நான் யதார்த்தமான பதிலைத்தான் சொல்லி வருகிறேன். பல உண்மைகளை பட்டவர்த்தனமாகச் சொல்ல முடியாது என்றாலும் கூடுமான வரை கொஞ்சம் உள்ளடக்கியே எழுத முயற்சித்தேன். இதிலும் என்னையும் மீறி என் பதில் யாரையவது புண்படுத்தியிருந்தாலோ அல்லது வேறு சொல்ல முடியாத வேதனை உணர்வாக ஏற்படுத்தியிருந்தாலோ இதன் மூலமாக சத்தியமான மன்னிப்பைக் கேட்டுக் கொள்கிறேன்.

இசைஞானி அவர்களே, ஒரு இயக்குநர் உங்களிடம் வந்து நீங்களும் ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மானும் சேர்ந்து இசையமைக்க வேண்டுமென்று கூறினால் நீங்கள் அதை ஏற்று ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மானுடன் சேர்ந்து இசையமைப்பீர்களா? (கேள்வியில் தவறு இருந்தால் மன்னிக்கவும்)

- டி.மோகன்ராஜ், வாலாஜாபாத்.

அப்படி இனிமேல் ஒன்றும் பணியாற்றவேண்டிய அவசியம் எதுவும் இல்லை. ஏனெனில் அவர் என்னுடன் 500 – படங்களுக்கும் மேல் பணியாற்றி இருக்கிறார் – இதையும் அவர்தான் சொல்ல வேண்டும்.

உங்களிடம் அவ்வப்போது தோன்றும் ஆணவம், அகம்பாவம் பற்றி?

- எ.சி.பி.தாஸ், திருத்துறைப்பூண்டி.

அவ்வப்போது எங்கே தோன்றுகிறது! அது ஒன்றுதானே எப்போதும் கூட இருக்கிறது. அது இல்லை என்றால் இசை எப்படி வரும்?

(ராஜபவனி தொடரும்)

kameshratnam
6th November 2012, 07:50 PM
இளையராஜாவை கேளுங்கள், குமுதம் (14.11.2012)#Ilayaraja

பண்ணைபுரத்து இராசையா இப்போது எப்படி இருக்கிறார் ?

- பெ.கணேஷ் பாபு, திருநெல்வேலி.

அவனா? அவன் எப்போதோ செத்துப்போய் விட்டான்! அவனைச் சுமந்து கொண்டல்லவா நான் அலைகிறேன்!

பிறந்த ஊருக்கு, ஏதேனும் உதவி செய்திருக்கிறீர்களா?

- க.பா.மூர்த்தி, மதுரை.

பிறந்த உலகிற்கு இசையால் சேவை செய்கிறேன்!

“கல்லுக்குள் ஈரம்” திரைப்படத்தில் தங்களின் பின்னணி இசை “தூறல் நின்னு போச்சு” திரைப்படத்தின் பின்னணி இசை, “16 வயதினேலே” திரைப்படப் பாடல் “செந்தூரப்பூவே” பாட்டுக்கு முன்னர் வரும் புல்லாங்குழல் இசை இவையெல்லாம் காடு, மலை, கடல் கடந்து செல்கிறது. எந்த மனநிலையில் தங்களுடைய இந்த இசை வடிவங்கள் உயிர் பெருகின்றன?

-ஆர்.பூவராகசுவாமி, கடலூர்.

இதற்கு மனநிலை இப்படித்தான் இருக்க வேண்டும் என்ற அவசியம் கிடையாது. மனம் தானாகவே ஒருநிலைப்பட்டு விடும். அது காட்சிகளுக்கு தகுந்தவாறும் உயிரின் உணர்வுகளுக்கு ஏற்றவாறும் பலவிதமான ஸ்வரங்களை இசை எடுத்துக்கொண்டு தகுந்த, அதற்கேற்ற இசைக்கருவிகளில் ஒளிக்கும்போது கேட்பவர்களைக் கண்டிப்பாக மெய்மறக்கச் செய்துவிடும்.

இதற்கு இதை உருவாக்கும் ஆள் அங்கே இருக்கக் கூடாது. அவன் மறைந்து போனால்தான் இது சாத்தியமாகும். இல்லை என்றால் அவனது ஈகோதான் இசையாக வெளிவரும்.

நீங்களும் ஏன் ஆஸ்கார் அவார்டுக்கு முயற்சி செய்யக் கூடாது?

- எஸ்.வி.பார்த்தசாரதி, திருச்சி.

“ஆஸ்கார்” விருது என்பது ஒரு ஐந்தாறு பேர் கொண்ட குழு. இந்தக் குழு தீர்மானிப்பதுதான் உயர்ந்தது என்று அர்த்தமில்லை! அதைவிடச் சிறந்த இசை அவர்களின் கவனத்திற்கு வராமலே போயிருக்கலாம். விருதிற்காக விண்ணப்பம் செய்த படங்களுக்குள்ளும் கலைஞர்களுக்குள்ளும் மட்டுமே அவர்கள் தேர்வு செய்கிறார்கள்.

இதற்குப் போய் நான் விண்ணப்பம் போட்டு...

‘ஐயா ஐயா இதைக் கேளுங்கள் நான் நன்றாக இசையமைத்திருக்கிறேன்’ என்று கேட்கவேண்டுமாக்கும்? அடப் போங்கய்யா!?

kameshratnam
6th November 2012, 07:52 PM
https://www.facebook.com/ERBRecords

ALL SUPER EP LP and CASSETTE's

San_K
6th November 2012, 11:24 PM
As far as I know Srinivas has sung one (and probably the only song!) song for IR. The song "Ilaya Nilave" from from film Ponnu veettukkaran. It is a nice song.

thanks,

Krishnan

I think it is Ilaiya nathi from Manasellam

krish244
6th November 2012, 11:47 PM
Thanks for reminding San_K! Ilaya nadhi is also sung by Srinivas
I did not like ilaya nadhi much, but i like ilaya nilave song. He has sung it with bhavatharini.

You can check out the song in Thiraipaadal website

thanks,

Krishnan

San_K
6th November 2012, 11:50 PM
Yes I remember that song. One of pioneer kind of modern songs :)

paranitharan
7th November 2012, 01:07 AM
in one of the super singer episode, he said aayiram thaamarai mottukale is the greatest piece of music in cinema history.

kameshratnam
7th November 2012, 05:36 PM
Singer Srinivas has sung about 5 songs in the music of IR

1. Ilaya Nilave - Ponnu vettukaran

2. Manasa kili - one of the singers - Manam virumbuthey unnai

3. The opening song in the movie Chinna Durai - Unna pola - in the cass. it is spb but in the movie it is srinivas

4. Ilaya nadhi from Manasellam

5. Aaya kAlai - Viswa Thulasi

teja
8th November 2012, 01:41 AM
What exactly is Srini's problem? He seems to be rabble-rousing every time a new IR/ARR album comes out. He can't say a positive thing about IR without dragging ARR into it. And he can't praise ARR without an attempt to degrade IR. Sad and unfortunate that these kind of people exist in industry. What's even sadder is that Raja fans seem to be ok with it (in the name of maturity!). I see him being part of a popular Raja Fans group, and I see that he's invited to Raja's events (he shows the nerve to sing an ARR song on stage!). Tolerance is good.. but even that has its limits.

kr
8th November 2012, 04:33 AM
I agree. Who the F is he to be an evaluator? He is not even a fr...g accomplished singer.....

kameshratnam
8th November 2012, 08:49 AM
Thanks Vinod sir for the link

New Marathi Movie of Raaja

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RxOLXqrvz88

brigs
8th November 2012, 09:16 AM
I agree. Who the F is he to be an evaluator? He is not even a fr...g accomplished singer.....

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and one doesnt have to be an accomplished singer to make an opinion. Chill and move on...

brigs
8th November 2012, 09:18 AM
(he shows the nerve to sing an ARR song on stage!). Tolerance is good.. but even that has its limits.

When did this happen? Why are you upset about him singing a song that he likes?

Is there any rule that ARR song must not be sung in an IR event? Who makes such rules?

ErneFsRurdy
8th November 2012, 09:39 AM
sounds like "vaanam mella" of nepv

musiukunit
8th November 2012, 02:49 PM
When did this happen? Why are you upset about him singing a song that he likes?
Is there any rule that ARR song must not be sung in an IR event? Who makes such rules?

There is no rule as such. But that event was to celebrate the 900 odd movies of IR.
Heck even the kids in super singer finals were singing Rahman songs as he was on stage.

But lets leave it at that. If srini thinks that way it is his misfortune.
He is nothing and let us not make him an important person

Time is going to sweep all these people out of memory. They have no clue at all.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
8th November 2012, 07:42 PM
http://www.nellainanban.com/2012/11/day-with-raja-sir.html

கண்டேன் கடவுளை - A day with Raja Sir ! (http://www.nellainanban.com/2012/11/day-with-raja-sir.html) நன்றி இளையதளம், நண்பர் ப்ரான்கோ மற்றும் யாழிலிருந்து தங்கை சருகா.

நவம்பர் 6 - 2012. வாழ்வின் மிக முக்கியமானதொரு தருணத்தை தன்னகத்தே கொண்ட நாளாக மாறிப் போனது எனது அதிர்ஷ்டமே. இசை ஞானியை ஒரே ஒரு முறையேனும் கண்ணால் பார்த்து விட்டாலே போதும், பிறவிப்பயன் உண்டு என்ற எண்ணத்தில் வாழ்ந்து வரும் ஒரு சாமானியனுக்கு அவருடைய ஸ்டுடியோவில் மூன்று மணி நேரம், அவரோடு அமர்ந்து அவர் வாசிப்பதைப் பார்த்து, பேசுவதைக் கேட்டு, பாடுவதை உணரும் ஒரு வாய்ப்பு கிடைத்தால்... கிடைத்தது. இன்னும் ஒரு மீளா மயக்க நிலையில் சுற்றிக் கொண்டே இருக்கிறது மனது.

நேற்று மதியம் 2:15 மணிக்கு இளையதளத்தில் இருந்து சொன்னார்கள், முடியுமானால் 3 மணிக்குள் வந்து சேருங்கள் என்று. சிறுசேரியில் இருந்து வடபழனி செல்ல வேண்டும். கிட்டத்தட்ட 40 கி.மீ தூரம். தாறுமாறான வாகன நெரிசல் மிகுந்த சாலைகள். ஆனால் வாய்ப்பை இழக்க விரும்பாமல் "கெளம்பிட்டேன்.. தோ வர்றேன்.." என்று எனது சிங்கக்குட்டியை விரட்டு விரட்டியதில் மூன்று மணிக்கெல்லாம் அங்கே இடம்சேர்ந்தேன். எதையுமே யோசிக்க முடியாவொரு பரவச நிலையில் படபடத்துக் கொண்டிருந்தது மனது. அங்கிருந்த நண்பர்களோடு சற்று பேசினாலும் ஆசுவாசப்படவில்லை. கிட்டத்தட்ட அரை மணி நேர காத்திருப்புக்குப் பின் உள்ளழைத்தார்கள். இதயம் மணிக்கு இரண்டாயிரம் முறை துடித்த அந்தக் கணம்... உள்ளே சென்றால் ராஜகம்பீரத்தோடும், மாறாப் புன்னகையோடும் வெள்ளை உடையணிந்து கட்டைகளில் கைகளைத் தவழ விட்டுக் கொண்டிருந்தார் ராகதேவன். கர்ப்பக்கிரகத்தில் கடவுளைக் கண்ட உணர்வு என்று சொல்லுவதை உள்ளுணர்வாய் உணர முடிந்தது. பக்தி, பரவசம் என்ற வார்த்தையெல்லாம் மட்டுப்பட்டவையே. எல்லாம் தாண்டிய ஒரு நிலை அது. யாது மனம் நினையுமந்த நினைவுக்கு நினைவாகி...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/--TqW9ig_zzY/UJqjwUZSk4I/AAAAAAAABTg/Q9_NqnM5ns4/s400/1352306876289.jpg (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/--TqW9ig_zzY/UJqjwUZSk4I/AAAAAAAABTg/Q9_NqnM5ns4/s1600/1352306876289.jpg)

அமர்ந்தோம், நிமிர்ந்தோம், நின்றோம், நடந்தோம்... என் செய்வதென்றறியாது ஏதேதோ செய்தோம். எல்லோருக்கும் ஒரு கடைக்கண் பார்வையை பரிசளித்து விட்டு வாசிக்கத் தொடங்கினார் ராகதேவன். "பூங்கதவே தாழ் திறவாய்" - அவர் ஸ்வரம் பிடித்து பாடப்பாட வயலினில் வழிந்ததொரு இசைப் பிரவாகம். உந்தன் ராஜராகம் பாடும் நேரம் பாறை பாலுறூதே... அப்படியே இன்னும் இரண்டு மூன்று பாடல்கள் கொஞ்சம் கொஞ்சமென. பழைய இரண்டு லைலா மஜ்னு திரைப்படங்களின் பாடல்களை பிரித்து ஒப்பிட்டு விளக்கினார். சி.ஆர்.சுப்புராமனைப் புகழ்ந்தார். சில ராகமாலிகைகளை விவரித்தார், சிலாகித்தார். அப்படியே பழைய நினைவுகள் ஒவ்வொன்றாக பகிர்ந்து, பாடி, வாசித்து, பேசி, சிரித்து கிட்டத்தட்ட இரண்டு மணி நேரம் இரண்டு நொடிகளென சட் சட்டென்று கரைந்து போனது.

பாடல்களில் அரைச்சொல் வராமல் கண்டுகொள்வதற்கான காரணம் சொன்னார். காரணத்தோடு கொஞ்சம் கோபமும் பட்டார். சட்டென்று தன்னிலை திரும்பியவர், அதெல்லாம் நமக்கு வேண்டாமே என்று குழந்தை போல சிரித்தார். மேற்கொண்ட கேள்விகளுக்குப் பதிலளித்தார்.

"இறைவன் இருப்பதை திருவிளையாடல்கள் மூலம் உணர்த்துவது சரி எனின் - தம்மைப் போல கற்றறிந்தவர்கள் கற்றதை சொல்லுவதன் மூலம் உணர்த்துவதுதான் சரி" என்பதை அழுத்திச் சொன்னார்.

"ஒரு நல்ல இசையமைப்பாளர் என்பவர் தன்னுடைய மேதாவித்தனத்தை மறைக்க நினைத்தாலும் அது எவ்வகையிலும் வெளிப்பட்டு விடும் " என்பதை சந்தம் பாடி விவரித்தது - நினைக்கையிலும் பேரின்பம்.

"சில சுமாரான திரைப்படங்களுக்கும் அதில் சுமரான சூழ்நிலைகளுக்கும் மிக அருமையான ட்யூன்களை கொடுத்து விட்டீர்களே" என்ற ஆதங்கக் கேள்விக்கு "ஒரு தாய் பசியென்று வரும் பிள்ளைக்கு கையில் இருப்பதைதான் கொடுப்பாளே தவிர இன்னொரு பிள்ளைக்கு வேண்டுமென எதையும் எடுத்து வைத்துக் கொள்ள மாட்டாள். அது போல இது..." என்று உவமை பேசினார். இது பொருட்டு பாரதிராஜாவின் செல்லக்கோபத்தை சிலாகித்தார்.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-vcSgGLYkKWQ/UJqkD-QSHXI/AAAAAAAABTo/ke7C0Ar0LKY/s320/Raja+Sir1.jpg (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-vcSgGLYkKWQ/UJqkD-QSHXI/AAAAAAAABTo/ke7C0Ar0LKY/s1600/Raja+Sir1.jpg)

பாலமுரளி கிருஷ்ணா அவர்களுக்கு "சின்னக் கண்ணன் அழைக்கிறான்" பாடலைச் சொல்லிக்கொடுத்த பாங்கை விளக்கினார். கூடவே பாடினார்... அழைக்கிறாஆஆஆன் ராதையை பூங்கோதையை... Bliss of the bliss...

அன்னக்கிளி வருமுன்னரே வாத்தியக்காரர்களை சேர்த்துக் கொண்டு Orchestration வாசித்துப் பார்த்த அனுபவம் பகிர்ந்தார். டிரம்மர் நோயலோடு கொண்ட ஊடல் சொன்னார். கடும் உழைப்புக் காலங்களைச் சொன்னார். "உங்களுக்கெல்லாம் இப்போ எல்லாமே youtubeல ஈஸியா கெடைக்குதே" என்றார்.

தன் கையில் ஒன்றுமே இல்லை, எல்லாமே இறையருள் என்பதை பல இடங்களில் அழுத்திச் சொன்னார். தற்செயலாகத் திறந்த தியாகராஜ சாமி கீர்த்தனைகளில் 'அரை அடி தள்ளி ஆகச்சரியாக அமர்ந்த' மரி மரி நின்னேவை ஆச்சர்யமாய் சொன்னார். தான் இறைவனுக்கு உண்மையாக இருப்பதன் சான்றுகளுள் அதுவும் ஒன்றென சொன்னார். கீர்தனையையும் பாடி மகிழச் செய்தார். கீர்த்தனையின் முடிவில் நாத்திகர்கள் கூட பக்தர்களாய் மாறிப் போனார்கள்... ராகதேவனின் பக்தர்களாக.. இசைக்கடவுளின் பக்தர்களாக... இசையராஜாவின் பக்தர்களாக...

ராகம் பேசினார்கள்... சட்ஜமத்தில் இருந்து வீடு மாறுமென கிரகபேதம் பேசினார்கள்.. ஒரு சங்கீத பாமரனாய் அவர்கள் பேசியது எனக்குப் புரியவில்லை எனும் போதிலும் அவர்கள் சொல்லிய பாடல் ஒவ்வொன்றும் இசைத் தொகுதி ஒவ்வொன்றும் Interlude ஒவ்வொன்றும் இதயக்கூட்டில் எவ்வப்பொழுதிலும் ஒலித்துக் கொண்டிருப்பவைதான்.

புன்னகை மன்னன் BGM வாசித்து முடித்து... எல்லாம் முடிந்து எழுந்து வந்தார்... நாங்கள் ஒவ்வொருவராய் பாதம் பணிந்தோம்...

திருவாசக ட்யூனில் திவ்யப்பிரபந்தத்தையும், ஜனனி ஜனனி ட்யூனில் ரமணா ரமணாவையும் பாடிய சகோதரரின் பக்தியை என்னென்று சொல்ல... கண்ணீர் மல்கி காலில் விழுந்து வணங்கிய சகோதரியின் பரவசத்தை என்னென்று சொல்ல... அவரின் ஒவ்வொரு வாசிப்புக்கும் என்னிடம் ஒரிஜினல் இருக்கிறது என்று குழந்தையாய் குதூகலித்த நண்பரின் மகிழ்ச்சியை என்னென்று சொல்ல... ராஜா பாடல்களின் ரசிகர்கள் என்பது ரசனை சம்பந்தப்பட்ட விஷயமாகிப் போனாலும் ராஜாவின் ரசிகர்கள் என்பது ஆன்மா சம்பந்தப்பட்ட விஷயம்தான் என்பது கண்கூடு. வந்திருந்த ஒவ்வொருவருக்குமே ஒரு நீண்ட நெடுந்தவத்தின் முடிவில் வரம் கிடைத்த மகிழ்ச்சியே. ஆனந்தம் பரமானந்தம் இசைக்கடவுளின் தரிசனம் ஆனந்தம்.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Q_ytOCwLRTE/UJqkGAQhKYI/AAAAAAAABTw/71Zlqv6LUfs/s400/Raja+Sir.jpg (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Q_ytOCwLRTE/UJqkGAQhKYI/AAAAAAAABTw/71Zlqv6LUfs/s1600/Raja+Sir.jpg)

வீடு திரும்பி கிட்டத்தட்ட 30 மணி நேரம் ஆன பிறகும் இன்னமும் அந்த Hangover கொஞ்சமும் குறையவே இல்லை. எந்தப்பாட்டிலிலும் இல்லாத போதை இந்தப்பாட்டில்தான் இருக்கிறது... இன்னும் நினைவில் புரியவில்லை - நடந்தது கனவா நனவா என்று... ஆனால் வாழ்நாளைக்கும் நெஞ்சுக்கூட்டில் புதைந்திருக்கும் என்பது நிதர்சனம்.

ஆதலாலே இன்னும் ஒலித்துக் கொண்டே இருக்கிறது...
தேன் கூட்டில் உள்ள தேன் யாவும் மனம் வேண்டிடாதோ...

நூல் கூட இடை நுழையாமல் எனைச் சேர்நதிடாதோ..

ஓவியமாய் உன்னை தீட்டி வைத்தேன்
உள் மனதில் அதை மாட்டி வைத்தேன்

irir123
8th November 2012, 08:28 PM
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and one doesnt have to be an accomplished singer to make an opinion. Chill and move on...

ppl have their rights and choices - no doubt abt that

its the deliberate 'kusumbu' in his attitude that is being noticed - he obviously wants to be a rabble-rouser - IR wudnt give a rat's a*se to this guy's comments!

after all, around the time ROJA became a national musical hit, one Mr. SP Balasubramaniam was featured in a Karan Thapar show - in the 30 - 45 min show, SPB spoke abt every composer from his guru Dhakshinamurthy, KV Mahadevan, RD Burban, MSV, to, Maragadhamani, even Deva and around 10 min on ARR - but not a SINGLE WORD on IR !!

aanaanappatta SPB udhaaseenapadutthina podhey, IR kandukkavey illa - indha sundakkaa Srinivas solradha ellaam, andha aalu kandukkava poraaru ?! - ))

thats the point here - when every other chorus singer begins to pass comments with a hidden attack on senior musicians, it doesnt augur well for either their talents or their doing well

oru android / smartphone / ipad / galaxy tablet vaanga vendiyadhu - appuram, avanavanukku thonina pidhatralgalayellaam pidhatra vendiyadhu - srinivas is shooting himself in the foot thats all !

venkkiram
8th November 2012, 08:51 PM
இதற்கு இதை உருவாக்கும் ஆள் அங்கே இருக்கக் கூடாது. அவன் மறைந்து போனால்தான் இது சாத்தியமாகும். இல்லை என்றால் அவனது ஈகோதான் இசையாக வெளிவரும்.

அவ்வப்போது எங்கே தோன்றுகிறது! அது(ஆணவம், அகம்பாவம்) ஒன்றுதானே எப்போதும் கூட இருக்கிறது. அது இல்லை என்றால் இசை எப்படி வரும்?

வழக்கம் போல குழப்புது. "இசை என்பது ஏமாற்று வேலை" என்ற அவர் சொல்ற பாணியில இதையும் ("பதில் சொல்றதும் குழப்புற வேலை") வச்சிக்க வேண்டியதுதான்.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
8th November 2012, 08:53 PM
Nadikkumbothu antha character aave maaridanum, enbathu pOl solli irukkaar

baroque
8th November 2012, 10:37 PM
irir123,

aanaanappatta SPB udhaaseenapadutthina podhey, IR kandukkavey illa - indha sundakkaa Srinivas solradha ellaam, andha aalu kandukkava poraaru ?! - ))

I did not see the telecast!
But, namba Ilayarajavai, namba SPB, deliberate aa miss panna maattar!:(
He regards Shri.Ilayaraja very high!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
8th November 2012, 11:07 PM
Posting this, as an extention to this -> http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?8707-Oscar-Thamizhan-Isaipuyal-AR-Rahman-News-Updates&p=976393&viewfull=1#post976393

Since that is Rahman thread, I am posting here

ராஜா ஆஸ்கார் விருதைப்பத்தி பேசினாக்கூட கோபம் வருதுன்னா என்ன சொல்றது? ஆஸ்கர் என்ன ரஹ்மானோட ஹோல்சேல் ப்ராபர்டியா அல்லது அதை நடத்துறது தான் அவரா?!? அப்படியே அதைப்பத்தி ராஜா பேசக்கூடாதுன்னா எதுக்கு சில விளக்கெண்ணைகள் அதைப்பத்தி கேள்வி கேக்கணும், வாய மூடிட்டு சும்மா இருக்கவேண்டியது தானே?!? உனக்கு புரியலைன்னா விட்ரேன், நீ தலைல தூக்கி வெச்சிகிட்டு ஆடியே ஆகணும்னு ராஜா உன்கிட்ட வந்து கேட்டாரா?!?

ஒரு உயரிய தேசிய விருதை ராஜாவுக்கும் இன்னொரு இசையமைப்பாளருக்கும் ஒரே நேரத்தில் சேர்த்து கொடுப்பதே தவறு. அட்லீஸ்ட் ராஜாவுக்கு மிக தாமதமாக தருகிறோம் என மத்திய அரசு சொல்லியிருக்கலாம். சரி ஒழியட்டும், மத்திய அரசு எப்பத்தான் இந்தமாதிரி விஷயங்களில் (இல்லாத)மூளையை உபயோகப்படுத்திருக்கு!! சரி, விடுவோம். இந்த விஷயத்துக்காக பிரஸ்மீட் வெக்கணும்னு கேட்டதே பிரஸ் ஆட்கள் தான். சரி ராஜாவும் ஒரு பிரஸ் மீட் வெச்சார். அப்பொ ஒரு அதிபுத்திசாலியும் கேள்வி கேட்கிறார், "சார், உங்களுக்கும் ரஹ்மானுக்கும் ஒரே நேரத்துல விருது தர்ரதைப்பத்தி என்ன சீல் பண்றீங்க?!" இந்த விளக்கெண்ணையை எந்த கொப்பறையில் தள்ள?!? ஆனா அதற்கும் ராஜா பொறுமையாகவே பதிலளிக்கிரார் "வொய் ஷுட் ஐ ஃபீல் ஃபார் ஹிம்?" இதிலும் அவர் கேள்விகேட்ட அந்த அடிமுட்டாளையும் சரி, ரஹ்மானையும் சரி, எந்த தாக்குதலான வார்த்தையும் சொல்லவில்லை. அவருக்காக நான் ஏன் ஃபீல் செய்யணும் என்று மட்டும் சொன்னார். அதோடு விட்டாரா?! ரஹ்மான் பற்றி நான் ஏற்கனவே அவருக்கு ஆஸ்கர் விருது பாராட்டு விழாவின்போது பேசியிருக்கிறேன் என்று அவர் ரஹ்மானை பாராட்டிய பேச்சை நினைவு கூர்ந்தார்.

இதே குமுதம் பகுதியில் இன்னொரு கேள்வி. "நீங்கள் ஏன் இந்த இரண்டு ராகங்களை பயன்படுத்தவேயில்லை" அதாவது இந்த 3.தேவி ராஜாவின் 4500 பாடல்களையும் கேட்டுட்டு வந்து இந்த கேள்வியை கேக்குது! ராஜாவுக்கு கோவம் வருமா வராதா? ஆனாலும், அந்த ராகத்தை பயன்படுத்தி அவர் போட்ட பாடல்களை சொல்கிறார்.

எக்ஸாக்ட்லி இதே கேள்வியை இன்னொருவர் மிகச்சரியாக கேட்கிறார் "நீங்கள் பயன் படுத்தாத ராகம் என்று ஏதேனும் உண்டா" இதற்கு ராஜா அமைதியாக பதில் சொல்கிறார்!

இன்னொரு ஜந்து கேட்கும் கேள்வியை பாருங்கள் "உங்களால் எலக்ட்ரானிக் கம்பியூட்டர் சவுண்டு தொழில்நுட்பம் எல்லாம் பயன்படுத்தி இசையமைத்து காட்ட முடியுமா?" :: "காட்ட முடியுமா" என க்கேட்டவனுக்கு எவ்வளவு கொழுப்பும் அறியாமையும் இருந்திருக்கவேண்டும்! அதான் ராஜா இந்தக்கேள்விக்கான பதிலில் காட்டு காட்டு என காட்டி இருப்பார் யாரு கிட்ட வந்து என்ன கேள்வி கேக்குற!

ஒரு ஈடு இணையற்ற மேதையை புரிந்துகொள்ளவில்லை என்றாலும் பரவாயில்லை. கேள்வி கேட்கிறேன் பேர்வழி என உளரிவைத்து அவரையும் அவரது ரசிகர்களையும் புண்படுத்தாமல் இருந்தாலே போதும்!

kameshratnam
8th November 2012, 11:11 PM
Ilayathalam
Hi all,
We are falling short of crew to handle the show and other music and web related activities.
If you are interested to work as a freelancer or full time professional with Ilayathalam, please contact us on ilayathalam@gmail.com
There are several areas from management to photography to Maestro's music score archiving projects etc which are going on. We need people in various different areas of expertise.

Thanks
- Ilayathalam

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
8th November 2012, 11:18 PM
Wow!!!

hi all,
we are falling short of crew to handle the show and other music and web related activities.
If you are interested to work as a freelancer or full time professional with ilayathalam, please contact us on ilayathalam@gmail.com
there are several areas from management to photography to maestro's music score archiving projects etc which are going on. We need people in various different areas of expertise.

Thanks
- ilayathalam

venkkiram
8th November 2012, 11:34 PM
ஒரு ஈடு இணையற்ற மேதையை புரிந்துகொள்ளவில்லை என்றாலும் பரவாயில்லை. கேள்வி கேட்கிறேன் பேர்வழி என உளரிவைத்து அவரையும் அவரது ரசிகர்களையும் புண்படுத்தாமல் இருந்தாலே போதும்!
சகல.. கேள்விகள் ஆயிரம் வரும். அதில் முக்கியமாக தேர்ந்தெடுத்து (தேர்ந்தெடுப்பதை ராஜா செய்கிறாரா, இல்லை இதழ் ஆசிரியர்கள் செய்கிறார்களா எனக்குத் தெரியல ) பிரசுரிக்கிறார்கள். அதனால் முட்டாள் தனமாக கேள்விகளை கேட்காதீர்கள் என நீங்கள் ஆதங்கப்படுவதில் அர்த்தமில்லை என நினைக்கிறேன். முட்டாள்தனம் என்றால் அதற்கு பதில் சொல்லியிருக்க வேண்டாம், ராஜா அந்த கேள்வியையே நிராகரித்து நல்லதொரு கேள்வியை தேர்வு செய்து அதற்கு பதில் கொடுத்து பத்திரிகையில் பிரசுரிக்கச் சொல்லலாமே! நிற்க. இதை நல்லக் கேள்வி என்றோ கெட்ட கேள்வி என்றோ இனம் பிரித்து பார்க்க முடியவில்லை. ராஜா இந்த கேள்வி மூலம் அவரது கருத்தை பதிலாக சொல்ல முற்படுகிறார். அவ்வளவே.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
8th November 2012, 11:46 PM
சகல.. கேள்விகள் ஆயிரம் வரும். அதில் முக்கியமாக தேர்ந்தெடுத்து (தேர்ந்தெடுப்பதை ராஜா செய்கிறாரா, இல்லை இதழ் ஆசிரியர்கள் செய்கிறார்களா எனக்குத் தெரியல ) பிரசுரிக்கிறார்கள். அதனால் முட்டாள் தனமாக கேள்விகளை கேட்காதீர்கள் என நீங்கள் ஆதங்கப்படுவதில் அர்த்தமில்லை என நினைக்கிறேன். முட்டாள்தனம் என்றால் அதற்கு பதில் சொல்லியிருக்க வேண்டாம், ராஜா அந்த கேள்வியையே நிராகரித்து நல்லதொரு கேள்வியை தேர்வு செய்து அதற்கு பதில் கொடுத்து பத்திரிகையில் பிரசுரிக்கச் சொல்லலாமே! நிற்க. இதை நல்லக் கேள்வி என்றோ கெட்ட கேள்வி என்றோ இனம் பிரித்து பார்க்க முடியவில்லை. ராஜா இந்த கேள்வி மூலம் அவரது கருத்தை பதிலாக சொல்ல முற்படுகிறார். அவ்வளவே.

ஓ, அப்ப கேள்விகளுக்கு பயந்து ஒதுங்க சொல்றீங்களா?!? அதோடு, அவர், முட்டாள்தனமான கேள்விக்கு 'தக்க' பதில் சொன்னால்தானே அது கேள்வி கேட்டவருக்கு புரியும்?!? ஹியுமிலிடி ஹியுமிலிடி என சும்மாவே இருக்கணுமா?!? அப்படியே சும்மா இருந்தாலும், அதையும் பாத்துட்டு இந்த முட்டாள் உலகம் சும்மா இருக்குமா?? கேள்விகளை தவிர்க்கிறார் பாருங்க என ஒரு பிரசாரத்தை செய்துவிடமாட்டார்கள்??

ராஜாவிடமும் கமலிடமும் கேட்கப்பட்ட சிலபல கேள்விகள் எதிரணியிடம் கேட்கப்படுவதேயில்லை. ஏன் இந்த ஓரவஞ்சனை?? அவங்க கிட்டயும் கேக்கவேண்டியதுதானே?!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
8th November 2012, 11:48 PM
அதுமட்டுமல்ல, சில கேள்விகள், கேட்ட விஷயம் சரிதான் ஆனால் கேட்ட முறை தான் அந்த கேள்வியையே தப்பாக காட்டுகிறது. அதை சரியாக கேட்க்கத்தெரியும் பக்குவம், ரசிகர்களுக்கு வ்ரவேண்டும். அதற்குத்தான், இரண்டு ஒரே மாதிரியான (ஒன்று தவறு, இன்னொன்று சரி) கேள்விகளையும் சுட்டிக்காட்டி இருக்கிறேன்

irir123
8th November 2012, 11:58 PM
SKV - vaazhndhaalum yesuvaargal, thaazhndhaalum yesuvaargal - freeya vidunga

ithhanaikkum yenakku yedhu aachhariyamnaa, both Kamal and IR actually demostrate unbelievable levels of tolerance to such questions and the questioners!!

wrto Kamal, there have been multiple instances when ppl have deliberately attacked him personally than objectively criticizing his films.

in case of IR, its comedy mela comedy - onnu, kekkaravan ozhungaana kelvi kekkanum, illa thonina kelviya, sariyaa articulate pannanum - idhu oru pakkam irukka, IR appappa aanmeegam, philosophy nnu sagattu menikky digress pannuvaar!

idhellaam paakkum bodhu - adadaa avar interview kudukkaama music pottaa podhumnu niraya thadava yosikka vaippaar !

IMHO, fault lies with them too - why cant they have a decent, qualified PRO who can speak for them, instead of having to address every question themselves ??

regarding the questions IR is answering (kumudham or vikatan ?), we dont know who chooses those questions as Venkkiram says - even if those are chosen by the editors, IR still has the choice to reject those questions and go for the next in line! so IR chooses to answer those questions most likely coz, he wants to put an end to such nonsense and make sure noone else comes up with such inanity!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
9th November 2012, 06:51 AM
irir, i do't have any issues if someone highly dislikes and hates the kind of answers he gives. No issues. But tagging him as a jealous person ( :rotfl: to the core! ) worried about an other MD's talent is ROTFL of the decade, man!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
9th November 2012, 07:00 AM
Most of these fellows have no idea of what it is to be a natural artist. An artist for them is another human being with high intellect. And the benchmark for an artist is humility