PDA

View Full Version : Maestro ilaiyaraaja news & titbits

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17

kameshratnam
17th August 2012, 04:57 PM
1. Why is not the RPO getting released?

2. Why isnt any TAMIL audio cd of IR available in the market?

3. What is to be done to get more symphonies and instrumental album releases? what is the commitment required?

4. How often can we have a fans interaction with you?

5. Can we expect an album on Divya Prabandam ?

Attention Mumbai Ramki :)

rajaramsgi
17th August 2012, 05:07 PM
Indeed that movie was by R.D Burman, i remember that news from school days that he visited chennai for that movie and even met Raja Sir. I can't find a better evidence to support my claim about this song Nadhiya Nadhiya which is nothing but his own Aise Na Mujhe song from Darling Darling hindi movie, check http://ww.smashits.com/darling-darling/songs-26709.html and listen to Aise Na Mujhe.

KV
17th August 2012, 05:12 PM
Kamesh, interesting questions there, but I got a small request. From what we’ve seen of the man so far in interviews, any discussion centering around business/trade tends to piss him off in some way or the other. Of course, there’s nothing wrong in addressing concerns like unavailability of his music in the market, but that’s not really ‘under his jurisdiction’ (of course, doesn’t go without his say; but he isn’t ‘the’ authority in it).
For the greater benefit of utilizing effectively an opportunity to get a peek into the mind of a genius, it’d be really neat if certain ‘business aspects’ can be reserved for discussion towards the end of the program. 'Isai enbadhu' rangeliyE maintain pannavum (at least from our side; don't know what He has planned!).

rajaramsgi
17th August 2012, 05:13 PM

Anyone in Reading, UK? there is a free RPO concert at the Hexogan, see the link for details. I am sure this is the RPO with which Raja sir worked with 20 years ago. I am happy to meet if you are coming, let me know. http://www.readingarts.com/thehexagon/whatson/event.asp?id=SXB3E2-A7820B42

Gregorysab
17th August 2012, 05:19 PM

2. Why isnt any TAMIL audio cd of IR available in the market?

3. What is to be done to get more symphonies and instrumental album releases? what is the commitment required?

4. How often can we have a fans interaction with you?

5. Can we expect an album on Divya Prabandam ?

Attention Mumbai Ramki :)

2. Why isnt any TAMIL audio cd of IR available in the market? - He will say "Ask the audio companies, not me".

Instead, can you ask this:

Will you please work on more instrumental albums like HTNi & NBW? You have cited piracy as a deterring factor for you but the same piracy is equally applicable to all music artists world wide and fusion music is still surviving and many artists are still making albums. So perhaps, can you consider instrumental albums (with Budapest orchestra etc)?

I somehow have a feeling that if all fans talk a lot or express their desire for instrumental albums, he might come out with one. Just that all fans should echo this loud enough :-)

Gregorysab
17th August 2012, 05:22 PM
Met KR today . Some updates about the show .

1) This show is very very personal to Raaja. Not even KR knows what exactly he is going to present . Raja wants to keep this very secret , to his heart , only to his fans . He has planned everything - where the harmonim should be kept, his seat everything - KR told me that he has never seen Raaja sir this energetic and passionate about a show .

2) There will be a small orchestra for this show - 10 piece orchestra . It should be a different feel for us . He will definetly cater to the passionate lovers of his music - thats for sure .

3) About the cost, its very very expensive . From the figure they told me , they will have a loss for the first show - its only when they do it in other cities they can meet or just have minimal profits . Its really HUGE money spent for us .

4) Raaja is very particular about a zero disturbance in the show. Strictly no mobile ringing, or whistling during talks . He is going to discuss about music for passionate lovers and doesnt want thsi to be diluted like normal film song ( OK - we may disagree here - but its just his view )

5) Some more new initiatives will come in - please stay tuned !!!
6) There will be a Q& A session at the end of this . Considering that Raaja sir sensitive, the questions will be filtered first . If there are any questions that needs to be asked, pleas epost here - i Will collect and send it to KR !! Yes , we would love to ask Raaja directly, but just 1 insensitive question may upset him . KR was cool ,upbeat about the show and personally requested all passionate raaaja lovers to attend the show . It is definetly not a normal show as telecasted in a TV or played in Nehru stadium - it is for die hard music fans for sure

Interesting! can someone record atleast the audio (if video is not allowed)?

Gregorysab
17th August 2012, 05:23 PM
Please do post your questions here - I shall consolidate it and send it to KR.

Will you please work on more instrumental albums like HTNi & NBW? You have cited piracy as a deterring factor for you but the same piracy is equally applicable to all music artists world wide and fusion music is still surviving and many artists are still making albums. So perhaps, can you consider instrumental albums (with Budapest orchestra etc)?

MumbaiRamki
17th August 2012, 05:39 PM

Added sir

app_engine
17th August 2012, 06:14 PM
An addendum to the "instrumental" request - will he do 2 albums, one with guitar playing the main melody & another with piano doing the same (much like violin in HTNI & flute in NBW), perhaps employing the best instrumentalists in the business...ofcourse, with all his ornamentation of strings, mridhangam, drums etc. Even one album with these two instruments predominant - say with 6-8 tracks will be awesome...

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
17th August 2012, 07:05 PM
Met KR today . Some updates about the show .

1) This show is very very personal to Raaja. Not even KR knows what exactly he is going to present . Raja wants to keep this very secret , to his heart , only to his fans

நம்மமேல AlphaWaves எதாச்சும் பாஸ் பண்ணப்போறாறோ?! :lol: But be ready to vibrate!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
17th August 2012, 07:10 PM
(Addressed to Raaja)
a) How do you view your evolution as a composer?
b) How much of this is a result of progression/alteration in your musical ideologies and how much of it is driven by industry trends?
c) How do you strike a balance between these two?

2) Can you share with us your interest in these genres and some of the artists who have inspired you?

3) As a senior musician and composer who has lived through many years of live music and real playing, do you think a revival can be brought about in this? What is it that could be done to make the common audience and music industry embrace and celebrate live/real music playing again?

Ithukku "Isai engirunthu varuthu" nne kEtralaam! Mandaiya pichikka ready aagikkaNum!

Don't mistake KV, but innum phOrsaa kEttaa thaan avar ithukkellaam bathil solluvaar! (IMHO)

venkkiram
17th August 2012, 07:26 PM
எனது தரப்பிலிருந்து கேள்வி 1 :

மேற்கத்திய நாடுகளில் குழந்தைகளுக்கான பாடல்களின் இசைகோர்ப்பு மிகவும் தரமான இசையில் வழங்கப்படுகிறது. பிற்காலத்தில் அவர்களது இசையார்வம் அது போன்ற இசையை ஒட்டியே வளரவில்லை என்றாலும் கூட, மண்ணின் இசை, வாத்தியக்கருவிகளைப் பற்றிய அறிவு அந்த இசையின் மூலமாகவே சென்றடைகிறது. அதுபோல ஒன்று நம் மண்ணில் இல்லை. இதுதான் நாதஸ்வர இசை, இதுதான் தவில் இசை, இதுதான் உடுக்கை, இதுதான் பறை, இதுதான் உறுமி, இதுதான் புல்லாங்குழல் என்ற மண் சார்ந்த அடிப்படை அறிவு நம் குழந்தைகளுக்கு இல்லை. உங்களுக்கு அப்படி ஒரு "குழந்தை ஆல்பம்" வெளியிட ஆசை இருக்கிறதா? ஒவ்வொரு வீடடிலும் வைத்து இசைக்கப்படவேண்டிய ஒன்றாக அது அமைந்துவிடும் என சந்தேகமேயில்லை.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
17th August 2012, 07:37 PM
Good Idea Venki!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
17th August 2012, 07:39 PM
http://s1-03.twitpicproxy.com/photos/full/639124484.jpg?key=640480

jaiganes
17th August 2012, 07:46 PM
marubadiyum modhallendhaa?
sari vitruvom.. my jimpil koschans.
1. Why Jazz and Why now?
2. When 4000 divya prabandhams ?
3. Why has the baton passing chain of instruments that we heard in 80s and 90s stopped now?
(eg: In ennai thottu aLLikkonda song from UNPP, the stream of violins begin a melody - but it is completed by sections where
there is a musical conversation between folk flute, santoor (or bulbul tara in keyboard) and then back to violins again to
end up in swarnalatha's silken voice - indha roller coaster is not there anymore in today's songs - it is more like functional
interlude with some ambient string section in background) is it bcoz of synth and multi track?
or philosophically there is nothing left to do in that area?
4. Not much of singer aalaaps or a human voice singing an instrument notes these days??? - does S.Jaanaki's vocals in "idhayam oru koyil" ring a bell?
5. when can we hear the psychedelic rock stuff that we heard in "uravenum" or "DeepangaLe " (from Dooraththu pachchai) or " Kanavu ondru thoandrudhe" ?

Sorry if the koschans were more of "cribs" by some one longing for nostalgia...

MumbaiRamki
17th August 2012, 07:53 PM
எனது தரப்பிலிருந்து கேள்வி 1 :

மேற்கத்திய நாடுகளில் குழந்தைகளுக்கான பாடல்களின் இசைகோர்ப்பு மிகவும் தரமான இசையில் வழங்கப்படுகிறது. பிற்காலத்தில் அவர்களது இசையார்வம் அது போன்ற இசையை ஒட்டியே வளரவில்லை என்றாலும் கூட, மண்ணின் இசை, வாத்தியக்கருவிகளைப் பற்றிய அறிவு அந்த இசையின் மூலமாகவே சென்றடைகிறது. அதுபோல ஒன்று நம் மண்ணில் இல்லை. இதுதான் நாதஸ்வர இசை, இதுதான் தவில் இசை, இதுதான் உடுக்கை, இதுதான் பறை, இதுதான் உறுமி, இதுதான் புல்லாங்குழல் என்ற மண் சார்ந்த அடிப்படை அறிவு நம் குழந்தைகளுக்கு இல்லை. உங்களுக்கு அப்படி ஒரு "குழந்தை ஆல்பம்" வெளியிட ஆசை இருக்கிறதா? ஒவ்வொரு வீடடிலும் வைத்து இசைக்கப்படவேண்டிய ஒன்றாக அது அமைந்துவிடும் என சந்தேகமேயில்லை.

Added.

MumbaiRamki
17th August 2012, 07:59 PM
Ithukku "Isai engirunthu varuthu" nne kEtralaam! Mandaiya pichikka ready aagikkaNum!

Don't mistake KV, but innum phOrsaa kEttaa thaan avar ithukkellaam bathil solluvaar! (IMHO)

KV -> Added ur 3 rd question . a,b,c someone else asked :)

teja
17th August 2012, 08:04 PM

Q. Could you please make some efforts to release the BGMs of your films, (atleast the recent ones), either in the Audio CD or a separate CD. You're taking some much pain and effort to ensure that the film gets the best quality BGM (Budapest, London orchestra etc). But clearly it is not reaching out to a wider audience. We know that the rights are usually with the producers, but perhaps you could negotiate this with the producers upfront.

irir123
17th August 2012, 08:10 PM

indha kelvi yellaam velaikkaavaadhu !

this will be the answer : "neengallaam internet, downloadingnu poitteenga - appadi irukkumbodhu instrumental albums varavey varaadhu" - most likely reply - he has given that so many times and very difficult to counter the same!

piracy may be an issue worldwide - however, royalty matterla IR kaiyya suttukittadhu madhiri yaarukkum nadandhadhaa therla ! IR 100 padathukku vangara kaasa, one pop / rock grp make in through initial payment + royalty from just one album

irir123
17th August 2012, 08:17 PM
Q. Could you please make some efforts to release the BGMs of your films, (atleast the recent ones), either in the Audio CD or a separate CD. You're taking some much pain and effort to ensure that the film gets the best quality BGM (Budapest, London orchestra etc). But clearly it is not reaching out to a wider audience. We know that the rights are usually with the producers, but perhaps you could negotiate this with the producers upfront.

great question!

Lajja, Hey Ram, Kaala Paani are just 3 examples i can think of

irir123
17th August 2012, 08:23 PM
my question(s):

1. what is the science/art behind infusing a local flavor to a given song/album ? there are many tracks of IR, which even without the lyrics, if you hum and add the instrumental tracks, will give you the native feel that track is composed for! many malayalam songs, as well as telugu songs (rooted in east godavari district, such as 'swathi muthyam' or even 'ponnar shankar') have that regional flavor/aura ? this is akin to what Kamal refers to as the 'higg boson' effect of IR's music! - but how does IR manage to do that with such perfection, as compared to others ?

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
17th August 2012, 08:26 PM
A Suggestion. If ppl are hesitant to buy individual albums of BGM, i guess Box Set with Bulk no of tracks in few 100s, somewhat discounted price will help more sales!

irir123
17th August 2012, 10:23 PM
skv - pls check ur feee emmm

KV
17th August 2012, 10:25 PM
Ramki, here's another one from my side:

One of the stand-out features of your music has been your usage of the electric bass guitar, which, quite possibly, no other Indian composer appears to have used so extensively, in so many varied forms and styles (featuring diverse techniques like tapping, plucking, sliding, etc). The bass has made appearance in almost all genres of songs you’ve composed, be it folk or classical or rock or jazz or pop, which I think is very unique to Raaja the composer. Fans like me yearn to learn more about this aspect in your music.
a) Firstly, the idea of incorporating the electric bass in your music - can you share some insights on the genesis of this idea? What/who inspired you in this regard?
a) Folk songs in particular could make an interesting case study on your usage of instruments like guitars and bass (that are completely alien to the genre) without any loss in authenticity. On a very high level, can you share your approach and perspective on composing bass lines?
c) Playing the bass lines on keyboard versus playing it on electric bass guitar - is it possible to produce on the keyboard/synthesizer, the impact and effect of the various techniques that the electric bass allows?

KV
17th August 2012, 11:17 PM
ramki, please check your pm.

layman10
18th August 2012, 01:23 AM
marubadiyum modhallendhaa?
sari vitruvom.. my jimpil koschans.
1. Why Jazz and Why now?
2. When 4000 divya prabandhams ?
3. Why has the baton passing chain of instruments that we heard in 80s and 90s stopped now?
(eg: In ennai thottu aLLikkonda song from UNPP, the stream of violins begin a melody - but it is completed by sections where
there is a musical conversation between folk flute, santoor (or bulbul tara in keyboard) and then back to violins again to
end up in swarnalatha's silken voice - indha roller coaster is not there anymore in today's songs - it is more like functional
interlude with some ambient string section in background) is it bcoz of synth and multi track?
or philosophically there is nothing left to do in that area?
4. Not much of singer aalaaps or a human voice singing an instrument notes these days??? - does S.Jaanaki's vocals in "idhayam oru koyil" ring a bell?
5. when can we hear the psychedelic rock stuff that we heard in "uravenum" or "DeepangaLe " (from Dooraththu pachchai) or " Kanavu ondru thoandrudhe" ?

Sorry if the koschans were more of "cribs" by some one longing for nostalgia...

+1 on 3 and 4.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
18th August 2012, 03:12 AM
MumbaiRamki, Here is a list of questions from my Twitter friends @mayilSK & @ezharai They both are as ardent raja fans like us :)

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/it70po

Questions from @ezharai

1) Who owns the Rights to all his Songs and BGM Tracks.
There are Fans Who are willing to buy his entire Discography including Unreleased Film Soundtracks, Non-Film Albums and BGMs but they're NOT AVAILABLE to Buy

2) All The TFM Radios Play His Music at-least 20-30% in its Airtime, Is he even paid anything for this?

3) How does IR choose his RAGAMs?

4) Any News about the IR School of Music?

5) Why is IR not active online? When will the website begin to function?

Questions of @mayilSK

1) ’பேரிசைவகைகளை நோக்கிச் செல்வேன்’ என்று ‘98 பேட்டியில் சொல்லியிருக்கிறீர்கள், இப்போது அதற்குரிய சூழ்நிலை வந்துவிட்டதாக நினைக்கிறீர்களா?

2) திருவாசகம், Music Messiah போன்று மேலும் பல தொகுதிகள் செய்யும் எண்ணமுள்ளதா?

baroque
18th August 2012, 08:17 AM
Jai, KV Qs are beautiful but what can he answer?
:roll:
His works are spontaneous! 'WHATEVER HAPPENS ON THE SPOT, THE TIME HE LEARNS THE SITUATION...'
I don't think that he plans 'oh...let's dazzle this composition with refined bassline'.
yedho annikku vandhadhu!:musicsmile:

This part from GVM-IR chat bothers me...:???:
VOICE MATTUM RECORD PANNALAAMNU SONNEENGA... THEN WE DECIDED TO TAKE IT TO LONDON TO DO MUSIC PART!
neenga edhukku ok sonneenga?
I KNOW THE QUALITY OF MUSICIANS!
PAA ..PEE... NNU,VAASICHU,
ILLAIYAA FEEL VARALAIYAANNU SOLLI VAASIKKARADHU VERA!
appadi our sentence in the bhadhil!
so composers like Raja finds hard to locate quality instrumentalists in India now? (his early yrs masterpieces are worked by local artists, MEGA JOB THEY HAVE DONE! prelude of anandha raagaam...... or even Embar Kannan's IVAN violin passage gone greater hts!:thumbsup:)
adhu kku munnadi
YENNA IDHUVARAI NAAN PANNALAI ILLAYA!
appadi oru sentence vera!
dearth of quality instrumentalists appadingara feeling erukkulla, Rajakku
this MUSIC SCHOOL PROJECT is a relevant, important question!

teja
18th August 2012, 10:58 AM
so composers like Raja finds hard to locate quality instrumentalists in India now? (his early yrs masterpieces are worked by local artists, MEGA JOB THEY HAVE DONE! prelude of anandha raagaam...... or even Embar Kannan's IVAN violin passage gone greater hts!:thumbsup:)
adhu kku munnadi
YENNA IDHUVARAI NAAN PANNALAI ILLAYA!
appadi oru sentence vera!

baroque,

In a recent Telugu program, SPB stated that most of the talented instrumentalists in Chennai are not active any more. (Blame it on synth invasion in mid-90s). It's been getting increasingly difficult to find quality instrumentalists. Situation in Hyderabad is far more worse. Raja seems to be hinting at the same thing.

baroque
18th August 2012, 11:06 AM
yeah... I got the feeling from his chat!
I think MUSIC SCHOOL PROJECT is an important question!

remember reading a news on MUSIC COLLEGE at Trupathi!
what is the status on that project?

MumbaiRamki
18th August 2012, 02:35 PM

aDDED

MumbaiRamki
18th August 2012, 02:38 PM
Ramki, here's another one from my side:

One of the stand-out features of your music has been your usage of the electric bass guitar, which, quite possibly, no other Indian composer appears to have used so extensively, in so many varied forms and styles (featuring diverse techniques like tapping, plucking, sliding, etc). The bass has made appearance in almost all genres of songs you’ve composed, be it folk or classical or rock or jazz or pop, which I think is very unique to Raaja the composer. Fans like me yearn to learn more about this aspect in your music.
a) Firstly, the idea of incorporating the electric bass in your music - can you share some insights on the genesis of this idea? What/who inspired you in this regard?
a) Folk songs in particular could make an interesting case study on your usage of instruments like guitars and bass (that are completely alien to the genre) without any loss in authenticity. On a very high level, can you share your approach and perspective on composing bass lines?
c) Playing the bass lines on keyboard versus playing it on electric bass guitar - is it possible to produce on the keyboard/synthesizer, the impact and effect of the various techniques that the electric bass allows?

added

MumbaiRamki
18th August 2012, 03:18 PM
Thanks guys - i sent some 25 odd questions to KR . Lets see - I dont know how many of them will be asked :)

MelHarmony
18th August 2012, 04:50 PM
MumbaiRamki, Here is a list of questions from my Twitter friends @mayilSK & @ezharai They both are as ardent raja fans like us :)

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/it70po

My humble list of questions please for our MELODY OASIS . please pardon me if I have repeated some of others questions. If so it was not intentional

1. Many of your compositions contain mind boggling usage of instrumentation which is practically impossible to conceive in written music. One example is the "Kazhugu" title instrument piece in which almost all the instruments com to play. How do you compose such instrumental piece. what is the typical time taken for composing them. Have you used multi-track mixing in these tracks because they sound so "live" to hear.
2. As everyone knows that you dont use a stopwatch while composing and you dont make "finer" corrections in post sound processing. Having said that, we find some of your compositions contains unintended gaps in timing, which we feel is unavoidable in multi-instrument based recording. The question is "Have you ever felt you could have done better in terms of timing for such tracks which has some of the world class orchestration concepts.
3. With proper funding will you consider doing a full fledged symphony again?
4. which one is more difficult for you to do? Composing the main melody tune for a song (both "tune-for-lyric" and "lyric-for-tune") or composing the underlying background and BGM instrumental piece?
5. I always felt that you are the best when it comes to opening a song. How do you approach this process for a simple song and a GRAND song like "Sundar kannal oru"?
6. we wish you hit the 1000 films soon.
7. Will you ever reconsider doing a full instrumental album with some famous instrumentalist
8. which was the most difficult song you have ever composed interms of orchestration?

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
18th August 2012, 05:25 PM
http://www.esnips.com/displayimage.php?pid=15402268

Padithurai sample song, in verygood quality

Gregorysab
18th August 2012, 06:18 PM
Two more such mini clips feature in a programme on Padithurai - Thedorum (in Hamsanadam by Bombay Jayashree) and one song by Bhavatharini.

Aaaargh ! How much I wish that sanity prevails over the producers to release atleast the damn audio!

Gregorysab
18th August 2012, 06:36 PM
By the way, Cant we request Raaja (in the conclave meet) to pursue efforts, from his side, to get Padithurai album released. Or infact, at a larger picture - get all his unreleased songs/albums released - all songs collectively in a Private album?

Can anyone ask this question please (and cite Padithurai - so that it gets noticed).

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
18th August 2012, 07:02 PM
Bhavatharini ‏@bhavatharini

Hi ppl...Dad is sharing his life and journey in music with his fans. This is not a concert but a once in a lifetime opportunity

To hear the maestro share his views directly with us. Pls don't miss this event. 20th Aug 2012 9am Chennai trade Center.

This conclave is one such forum our maestro has envisaged. A long cherished dream of maestro sharing with you varied perspective in music

Here is your opportunity to explore various facets of music with maestro...one to one

Retweeted by Sridhar @maya_twit

kameshratnam
18th August 2012, 07:08 PM
Bhavatharini ‏@bhavatharini

Hi ppl...Dad is sharing his life and journey in music with his fans. This is not a concert but a once in a lifetime opportunity

To hear the maestro share his views directly with us. Pls don't miss this event. 20th Aug 2012 9am Chennai trade Center.

This conclave is one such forum our maestro has envisaged. A long cherished dream of maestro sharing with you varied perspective in music

Here is your opportunity to explore various facets of music with maestro...one to one

Retweeted by Sridhar @maya_twit

Madam: So many days so many people asked you what the conclave was about. Just before 2 days you come and tweet about this and that too when the conclave is a near sell out. I have no words.

Sureshs65
18th August 2012, 07:13 PM
Kamesh,

Next time I will ask someone to suggest that you be appointed as the official PRO of Raja :D

Jokes apart, using your contacts, can you check out what it would take for Arya to release the music of 'Padithurai'? I think Suka has tried his best to get the music released but no response from Arya's side. As Aakarsh says, everyone is looking forward to the music. It will make a great decision if those fellows release the music, given that there is so much hype around NEP.

Gregorysab
18th August 2012, 09:18 PM
Since Raaja himself expressed wish to interact with fans... he might take things positively if all fans collectively express their wish for more raaja works to get released. Be it unreleased films or instrumental albums. If he gets a fair idea about what all fans want, he might try to get them released right?

Kamesh, could you please ask him about Padithurai.

kameshratnam
18th August 2012, 09:59 PM
To Suresh sir and Aakarsh:

I would love to be the PRO of RAAJA: So many times so many places, i and millions of others have given ideas to promote stuff but sadly we have been ignored. As far as i know and the information i have the auditor associated with the production house of the padithurai movie has got the rights and i guess he is not willing to release the audio since the movie is not according to their expectation/s. If SUKA can give me the contact information then i can talk to them.

Also, IR has nothing to do with the release of padithurai

skr
18th August 2012, 10:24 PM
I have given a question to Ramki and will try asking to relese all his unreleased stuff such as Padithurai (esp) , Happi , Soundarya Lahiri , SRK , Whos afraid of Virginia Wolf and many more ..Lets see if he mentions anything about his unrelease soundtracks ..
I am no businessman but dont see the reason why we cannot get the songs when we know for sure that these movies are not gonna see the light of the day.

MelHarmony
19th August 2012, 12:14 PM
I have given a question to Ramki and will try asking to relese all his unreleased stuff such as Padithurai (esp) , Happi , Soundarya Lahiri , SRK , Whos afraid of Virginia Wolf and many more ..Lets see if he mentions anything about his unrelease soundtracks ..
I am no businessman but dont see the reason why we cannot get the songs when we know for sure that these movies are not gonna see the light of the day.

Any information on new films being signed? I could not see any upcoming films and the pipe is empty after NEPV! Again there seems to be a lull after that 2009 overflow!

skr
19th August 2012, 01:27 PM
Melharmony ,
He has a Marathi film and a Punjabi one (remake of Mouna Ragam) , apart from that are the telugu ones Gundello Godari and the biopic on Sathya Saibaba , Malayalam releases of Sathyan's next and also Emsum Penkuttiyum ..He is also doing Project Gem Prashanth Raos next movie and also Veluprabhakarans next Kadhal Kanavu Kolai ..He is also recording for another Ramana album..

Sureshs65
19th August 2012, 02:31 PM
Our new hubber VG (Venkateswaran Ganeshan) has written a nice post of raagas and Raja. Here he talks about a couple of songs in the raga Kalyani and his association with those songs. Do read: http://thedrunkenmonk.wordpress.com/2012/08/19/raagas-and-a-digressing-rant/

MumbaiRamki
19th August 2012, 04:42 PM
Melharmony ,
He has a Marathi film and a Punjabi one (remake of Mouna Ragam) , apart from that are the telugu ones Gundello Godari and the biopic on Sathya Saibaba , Malayalam releases of Sathyan's next and also Emsum Penkuttiyum ..He is also doing Project Gem Prashanth Raos next movie and also Veluprabhakarans next Kadhal Kanavu Kolai ..He is also recording for another Ramana album..

+ i saw a recording of a tamil movie called mega starring Ashwin ( mangathaa fame ) and another Hindi film which KR was mentioning . Hands full !

MelHarmony
19th August 2012, 05:28 PM
+ i saw a recording of a tamil movie called mega starring Ashwin ( mangathaa fame ) and another Hindi film which KR was mentioning . Hands full !

thanks for the update!
Truly handsfull for this year!

MelHarmony
19th August 2012, 06:29 PM
thanks for the update!
Truly handsfull for this year!

Did anybody attend the IR Yahoo fans club meet today in Kilpauk?

Sureshs65
19th August 2012, 09:14 PM

:lol: Sorry for this but Kilpauk had me laughing.

visvan1970
19th August 2012, 09:15 PM

Hands full hmm.at the speed he woks which we know,he cld have finished them already!!.only wish that all these albums get released in proper format.not like what we got for mudhalvar mahatma !and definitely not like Hello jaihind!rgds

KV
19th August 2012, 09:23 PM
:lol: Sorry for this but Kilpauk had me laughing.
:lol: adhE!

MelHarmony
20th August 2012, 07:12 AM
[QUOTE=Sureshs65;934122]:lol: Sorry for this but Kilpauk had me laughing.[/

Insanely IR fanatic!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
20th August 2012, 11:47 AM
Tweets from https://twitter.com/IlaiyaraajaFans live from the Be With Me Event

I used to practice my guitar for 6 - 8 hours a day. These days dont spend much time with guitar - Maestro

ILayaraaja with guitar on the stage....blissssss @Raaga_Suresh @nchokkan @rexarul

Wow - Actor Parthiban asking Maestro to play Guitar. Raja sir says "Parthiban this is a real challenge".

Raja sir sharing the story behing "sangathil paadatha kavithai" song. Thanks to actor vivek who made him spk abt this.

Bee with me will happen in all places

Wow.. We just had a sample of what Marudhanayagam could have been. #ilaiyaraaja #awesomeness #bewithme

Ilaya Nila tune was the original tune for En Inyia ponn nilave as told by Raaja.

I composed "Ilayanila"song first & Balumahendra sir did not select it & hence i composed "En iniya pon nilave" - Ilayaraja

We are blessed to hear 3rd song from NEPV from Master's voice. Gautam Menon singing it wowwwwww.@Raaga_Suresh @nchokkan

RT Subramanian A @subramanianaras Another song from #NEP . Kaatrai Konjam Nirka Sonnen. Just a few lines sung now by Maestro.

Drums guy missing a note & maestro taking class on stage.

Song from Marudhanaygam being played, absolute bliss, in master's voice.

A riot of emotions with Illayaraja sir at 'Be with me' maestro concert! A long time wish comes true!

Gautham Menon, Na.Muthukumar & Maestro composing a new song LIVE On-stage. Just Wow !!

Valayosai song was composed in flute for "Nothing but Wind" album. Kamal liked the tune so much & so it was recorded for Sathya .

Director wanted KJ Jesudas to sing Janani song. But since he was not available i sang that song - Maestro

Maestro explaining how the Janani Janani song was born !! #Bliss

Bavatharini singing Janani Janani song. Not quiet matching maestro. But good

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
20th August 2012, 12:18 PM
This is Mastero's New Website -> http://www.ilayathalam.com இளையதளம்.காம் Maestro's personal website. Aspiring singers can upload ur voice & maestro will select personally.

Be With Me Bangalore Edition on October 2nd. Venue to be announced soon

Gregorysab
20th August 2012, 12:54 PM
Just explored the website. Good initiative for sure!

But the only disappointing aspect of this - Pay 5000 and make your track directly go to round-2 where Raaja's family will assess. Pay 1500, your track goes to round#1, assessed by raaja's instrumentalists.

Though I am not undermining instrumentalists... this demarcation with Rs. 1500 and Rs.5000, that too to get a track skip a round is not a right method, in my opinion!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
20th August 2012, 01:10 PM
Excellent sharing of experience in hilarious manner about how he chooses silence. Swathi muthyam explained in telugu. Candid Raja

Balki had so much confidance in me that he had 20 min climax in PAA without any dialogues. Just my BGM - Ilayaraja

Yuvan says he has a dream to make a music album with Raja. Raja says he loves to glorify Yuvan's notes to make a symphony

Yuvan asks a valid Question. String & Brass specialists are dwindling & how to encourage future generation musicians on this?

Watched a recording session. Raja genre for sure. Yuvan to sing the song "Chella puve". Would be for bi-lingual movie gundello godhavari

@Raaga_Suresh yes still on. spoke to the organisers. Breaking news: Will have a full fledged concert in Chennai on 21Sep.

Isaignani talks about his website. Will interact with his fans, select talented singers and groom them

Just touch a key & make sound in key board.But it will take minimum 6 months to hold Violin. Next gen not learning Violin is sad-Ilayaraja
Retweeted by IlaiyaraajaFans

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
20th August 2012, 01:13 PM
Ilayaraja - I was recovering from operation & hence cud not sing. So composed the song "kaathalin deepam onru" just by whistling.

Isaignani whistles "kadhalin dheepam onru" fluently. One of the program highlights. Pure #bliss

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
20th August 2012, 01:40 PM
"Be with me Maestro" Chennai edition is over. Look forward to his program in your town soon.
Retweeted by IlaiyaraajaFans (https://twitter.com/IlaiyaraajaFans)

rajaramsgi
20th August 2012, 03:43 PM
>>You can either choose basic (Rs.1500) or premium (Rs.5000) option. In premium registration, either the Maestro or his family member ( Karthik Raja, Yuvan Shankar Raja, Bhavatharini ) is sure to hear your voice & you will move to second round by default for live audition

ராஜா சாருக்கு யார் இந்த யோசனையை யார் சொல்லி இருந்தாலும் அது தவறு. அவரை வைத்து பணம் பார்க்க, யாருக்கோ இது ஒரு வழி என்று தான் தோன்றுகிறது. அவர் பணம் பார்க்கும் காலத்தை எல்லாம் தாண்டி விட்டார். ஏதாவது ஒரு சேனல் வழியாக குரல் தேர்வு செய்து இருந்தால் ஸ்பான்சர்சிப் மூலமாக நிறைய நன்மைகள் கிடைத்திருக்கலாம், மிகவும் அலட்டிக்கொள்ள தேவை இல்லை, மேலும் காசுக்காக இதை செய்கிறார்கள் என்று அடுத்தவர் சொல்ல வாய்ப்பு இருந்திருக்காது. சாரி, இது சரியாப்படலை.

வெப்சைட் தொடங்க போவது குறித்து அவருடைய பிறந்த நாளன்று குறிப்பிடும் போது, அதன் மூலமாக மியூசிக் டிஸ்கஷன் என்று சொல்லி விட்டு குரல் தேர்வு செய்யும் அறிவிப்பை வெளியிட்டது - அதுவும் basic/premium என்று சொல்வது, கொஞ்சம் கரும் புள்ளியாகவே தோன்றுகிறது. இதை இங்கு மறுபடி சொல்வதற்கு மன்னிக்கவும், அவர் தகுதிக்கு இது சரி இல்லைங்க.

புதுசு : மருதநாயகம் பிட், இளையநிலா/நீ தானே என் பொன் வசந்தம் விஷயம், வளையோசை/NBT டியூன், ஜனனி ஜனனி/யேசுதாஸ் மற்றும் அது உருவான விதம். வயலின் கற்றுகொள்ளாத அடுத்த தலைமுறையினர், கிடார் ப்ராக்டிஸ்

பழசு: பவதாரிணி குரலில் பாழாகி கேட்கும் ஜனனி பாடல், பால்கியின் நம்பிக்கை, காதலின் தீபம் ஒன்று உருவான கதை.

செப்டம்பர் 21, கச்சேரி நிச்சயம் உண்டா?

MumbaiRamki
20th August 2012, 04:26 PM
Folks ,

Any feedback - pls do give on the show . Can we agree on this format ?

1) Overall Opinion on the show ( in max 3 WORDS )

2) Good things about show

3) Not so good things

4) Best Moment in the show

We can give this to the organisers and if possible KR

wizzy
20th August 2012, 07:59 PM
1) Overall Opinion on the show ( in max 3 WORDS )

2) Good things about show

3) Not so good things

4) Best Moment in the show

1) underwhelming to say the least..still couldn't fathom what the show was all about :neutral:

2) all those sneak peeks to NEPV/Marudhanayagam song/his interactions with Hungary musicians.

3) Bosskey/Pazhani Bharathi/Parthiban in that order and all those fanboi qs which were merely scratching the surface and Vivek's usual intellect act.

4) Raaja playing the guitar/tune creation.

If they intent to tour other cities they better get people of some stature/those who worked with him on board..the show was going was nowhere with all those fanboi speaks and Raaja looking visibly uneasy with them singing his praises..for the impromptu session to work they could have least engaged TVG/BM and that could have ensued some discussion worth lending an ear or even an interaction between Raaja/his aasthana musicians on stage could have given the show some direction.

venkkiram
20th August 2012, 08:18 PM
If they intent to tour other cities they better get people of some stature/those who worked with him on board..the show was going was nowhere with all those fanboi speaks and Raaja looking visibly uneasy with them singing his praises..for the impromptu session to work they could have least engaged TVG/BM and that could have ensued some discussion worth lending an ear or even an interaction between Raaja/his aasthana musicians on stage could have given the show some direction. எவ்வளவு சொன்னாலும் கதைக்கு ஆவுறதில்ல.

Nerd
20th August 2012, 08:29 PM
LOL at the mentoring initiative. Those things are best left to sooper singer types. And on the money part, he is going to receive a lot of flak from the media and the usual suspect karuthu kandhasaamis.

jaiganes
20th August 2012, 08:30 PM
எவ்வளவு சொன்னாலும் கதைக்கு ஆவுறதில்ல.

modhallendhe indha douttu dhaan. but raasavai paakara saans - is saansless.

app_engine
20th August 2012, 08:36 PM
And on the money part, he is going to receive a lot of flak from the media and the usual suspect karuthu kandhasaamis.

+One...

...ill-advised move, IMHO.

I wonder if this is another benefit-match for the "now-job-deprived-but-loyal-old-team-members"...

ajaybaskar
20th August 2012, 09:37 PM
That Jaya tv programme is retelecast now

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
20th August 2012, 10:53 PM
Even if you leave the money part, Why the bleddy they are converting a Composer of unmatched Calibre (who can STILL Compose and deliver Superhits :shock: ) into a Paattu Vaathiyaar ?? :evil:

Ok, even if I record my audition and send, if it is perfect, then what am I going to get? If its not, then, who is going to correct me? Where? When? And very importantly How many times? Enga sollu paakkalaam "Raha thaathaa, ஹஅஅஅஅஅ, தோ இப்ப்டி, நாக்கை மடிச்சி.. அப்புறம் " :banghead:

rajaramsgi
20th August 2012, 11:40 PM
Enga sollu paakkalaam "Raha thaathaa, ஹஅஅஅஅஅ, தோ இப்ப்டி, நாக்கை மடிச்சி.. அப்புறம் " :banghead:

sakala, சத்தம் போட்டு சிரிச்சு வொர்க்'ல வாங்கி கட்டிகிட்டேன் :-D

Sureshs65
21st August 2012, 12:22 AM
Well, as I had earlier said, someone (either Raja or someone close to him) has discovered that 'Brand Raja' will sell. Once the marketing starts for selling a brand, you are bound to get some excellent initiatives and some weird initiatives. This sort of graded by money thing will also happen. We needn't be surprised. I am not too happy about it but I honestly believe every artist has the right to make money. So, though a bit uneasy, I would say it is Raja's choice on how he moves forward. For all said and done, he needs to take care of his and his family's future.

SKV,

:lol: I felt the same. Personally these sort of initiatives do not need Raja. I am sure there are different ways (concerts, conclaves etc) by which money can be made. Hope someone advises him to not get into such initiatives. Once people pay money, they will also crib. No stopping that. Last thing we want is damage to Raja's name.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
21st August 2012, 01:09 AM
A small piece of todays function, Parthiban's talk, he asks for a situation, it was released by him, in his twitter page. Below is that vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5TqDJ3TnoI

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
21st August 2012, 01:34 AM
Wiki says Marudhanayagam Trailer Music is by Karthik Raja!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marudhanayagam#cite_ref-7

The music for the trailer of the film was composed by Karthik Raja (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karthik_Raja) in late 1997, when Kamal Haasan and he were working together in Kaathala Kaathala (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaathala_Kaathala).[8] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marudhanayagam#cite_note-7)

What a combo! What a costly miss :(

It was announced that music composing would be a collaborative effort between Ilaiyaraaja (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilaiyaraaja) and Andrew Lloyd Webber (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Lloyd_Webber) with prominent Carnatic singer, M. S. Subbalakshmi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M._S._Subbalakshmi) also singing for the film.[6] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marudhanayagam#cite_note-redlaunch-5).

venkkiram
21st August 2012, 01:42 AM
What a combo! What a costly miss :( ஆழ்வார் பேட்டையத்தான் கேக்கோணும்! ஏம்பா இப்படி ஆழம் தெரியாம கால வுட்டுட்டு இப்படி எங்களையெல்லாம் எதிர்பார்க்க வச்சிட்டியன்னு. பிளான் பி பிளான் பின்னு சொல்வாங்களே! அப்போதே அதையெல்லாம் முயலக் கூடாதா? இப்போ ஒன்னும் உருத்தேராது போல. காலம் கடந்துவிட்டது. இனி கனவு மெய்ப்படும் என தெரியவில்லை.

MumbaiRamki
21st August 2012, 07:30 AM
ஆழ்வார் பேட்டையத்தான் கேக்கோணும்! ஏம்பா இப்படி ஆழம் தெரியாம கால வுட்டுட்டு இப்படி எங்களையெல்லாம் எதிர்பார்க்க வச்சிட்டியன்னு. பிளான் பி பிளான் பின்னு சொல்வாங்களே! அப்போதே அதையெல்லாம் முயலக் கூடாதா? இப்போ ஒன்னும் உருத்தேராது போல. காலம் கடந்துவிட்டது. இனி கனவு மெய்ப்படும் என தெரியவில்லை.

Venkiram -> Kamal has been trying to get funds for this for the apst , what 15 years . Nothing comes . Even in recent meeting with Henry Osborne he mentioned about Marudhanayakam, but nothing came up .

raajarasigan
21st August 2012, 10:13 AM
Folks ,

Any feedback - pls do give on the show . Can we agree on this format ?

1) Overall Opinion on the show ( in max 3 WORDS ) - worth the money I paid.. here and there, it was mokkai...

2) Good things about show - auditorium was too good for the show, NEP composing sessions, BGM scoring and IRs energetic / funny discussions

3) Not so good things - IR's philosophical speech (well, you can very well expect this though it was short most of the time), Parthi / Bosski's mokkai..

4) Best Moment in the show - personally, when parthi read out my proposed question (2nd question in the list) to IR (BGM concert) :redjump: apart from that, IR playing guitar and the spontaneous tune for parthi's situation

Thanks Ramki :thumbsup:

Gregorysab
21st August 2012, 12:17 PM
People - I think most of the fans are not against the fact that he is making money. Atleast my opinion is that there is nothing wrong in it. Let him charge in crores. Let him do advertisements. let him do concerts. let him make money.. no problem. and even for this website, let him charge Rs. 5000 per song for entering competition. No big deal My point is - "why have a two classes of people - "Normal" and "premium" - with Rs.1500 and Rs.5000". Why not have just one class - and even if its Rs.5000, thats alright. But this clause of "Pay 5000 and directly go to 2nd round" is not the right method, in my opinion! Lets not divert this into "Making money" issue. Its the method of making money that, I think, is not right. Having this clause is no different from corruption! to be frank, I didnt like the concept of "Pay 10000 for conclave ticket and lunch with raaja" also. Its commoditisation. But then... that happens with lot of celebs.. so i guess thats ok (assuming that the money is going for some charity or something like that). Also, thats not that big an issue.. atleast as compared to this "Premium class" and "Normal Class".

Just my thoughts!

kannansanderson
21st August 2012, 12:48 PM
People - I think most of the fans are not against the fact that he is making money. Atleast my opinion is that there is nothing wrong in it. Let him charge in crores. Let him do advertisements. let him do concerts. let him make money.. no problem. and even for this website, let him charge Rs. 5000 per song for entering competition. No big deal My point is - "why have a two classes of people - "Normal" and "premium" - with Rs.1500 and Rs.5000". Why not have just one class - and even if its Rs.5000, thats alright. But this clause of "Pay 5000 and directly go to 2nd round" is not the right method, in my opinion! Lets not divert this into "Making money" issue. Its the method of making money that, I think, is not right. Having this clause is no different from corruption! to be frank, I didnt like the concept of "Pay 10000 for conclave ticket and lunch with raaja" also. Its commoditisation. But then... that happens with lot of celebs.. so i guess thats ok (assuming that the money is going for some charity or something like that). Also, thats not that big an issue.. atleast as compared to this "Premium class" and "Normal Class".

Just my thoughts!

This is an article on the conclave....and I am sure soon we can expect another one on the new web site. At the end of the day, it is apparent IR and mostly KR is surrounded by all kinds of unfavorable elements who are providing all sorts of nonsensical ideas!

http://tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/Hotnews/2012/august/170812.asp

இசைத்தட்டை விற்கலாம். இசையே வடிவான இளையராஜாவை விற்கலாமோ? இன்று கார்த்திக் ராஜாவின் அறிவிப்பை படித்தபோது அப்படியொரு வலிதான் ஏற்பட்டிருக்கும் ராஜாவின் தீவிர ரசிகர்களுக்கு. தன் இசையில் ஒரு படத்தை உருவாக்க நினைக்கும் இயக்குனர்களையே கூட தன்னிடம் அதிகம் பேசவிடாதவர் ராஜா. அப்படிப்பட்டவரை 'அப்பளத்துல உப்பு கொஞ்சம் அதிகம்தான்...' என்று பேச வைப்பார்கள் போலிருக்கிறது.

வருகிற திங்கட் கிழமை சென்னை டிரேட் சென்ட்டரில் ராஜாவின் இசைக் கச்சேரி நடக்கவிருக்கிறது. காலையில் தோன்றி மதியம் முடியவிருக்கும் இந்த நிகழ்ச்சி தித்திக்கும் தேனாக இருக்கும். திகட்டாக நெய்யாக இருக்கும் என்பதிலெல்லாம் எவ்வித சந்தேகமும் இல்லை. ஆனால் இந்த நிகழ்ச்சிக்கு யார் அதிக விலை கொடுத்து டிக்கெட் வாங்குகிறார்களோ, அவர்களோடு ராஜா போட்டோ எடுத்துக் கொள்வார். சேர்ந்து அமர்ந்து மதிய உணவை பகிர்ந்து கொள்வார் என்றெல்லாம் அறிவிக்கப்பட்டிருக்கிறது. அதிக விலை கொடுத்து டிக்கெட் வாங்கும் புண்ணியவான் சாப்பாட்டு ராமனாக இருந்தால் தொலைந்தார் ராஜா. உப்பு புளி காரம் வரைக்குமல்லவா நீளும் பேச்சு?

பத்தாயிரத்தில் தொடங்கி ஆயிரத்தில் முடியும் இந்த டிக்கெட் தொகை அவரது தீவிர ரசிகர்களுக்கு ஒரு பொருட்டல்ல. இருந்தாலும், இசைஞானி இளையராஜாவை அணு அணுவாக ரசித்து, அவரால் உருவாக்கப்பட்ட இசை கலந்த காற்றையே உணவாக புசித்துக் கொண்டிருக்கும் பல்லாயிரக்கணக்கான ரசிகர்கள் இன்னும் புழுதி மண்ணில் பிழைப்பு நடத்திக் கொண்டிருக்கிறார்கள் என்பதையும் கார்த்திக் ராஜா போன்றவர்கள் உணர வேண்டும்.

அதுமட்டுமல்ல, சங்கீத சரஸ்வதியை சமையல் கட்டுக்குள் இழுக்காதீர்கள் என்பதுதான் நமது மேலான வேண்டுகோளும்!

kannansanderson
21st August 2012, 12:50 PM

Just my thoughts!

This is an article on the conclave....and I am sure soon we can expect another one on the new web site. At the end of the day, it is apparent IR and mostly KR is surrounded by all kinds of unfavorable elements who are providing all sorts of nonsensical ideas!

http://tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/Hotnews/2012/august/170812.asp

இசைத்தட்டை விற்கலாம். இசையே வடிவான இளையராஜாவை விற்கலாமோ? இன்று கார்த்திக் ராஜாவின் அறிவிப்பை படித்தபோது அப்படியொரு வலிதான் ஏற்பட்டிருக்கும் ராஜாவின் தீவிர ரசிகர்களுக்கு. தன் இசையில் ஒரு படத்தை உருவாக்க நினைக்கும் இயக்குனர்களையே கூட தன்னிடம் அதிகம் பேசவிடாதவர் ராஜா. அப்படிப்பட்டவரை 'அப்பளத்துல உப்பு கொஞ்சம் அதிகம்தான்...' என்று பேச வைப்பார்கள் போலிருக்கிறது.

வருகிற திங்கட் கிழமை சென்னை டிரேட் சென்ட்டரில் ராஜாவின் இசைக் கச்சேரி நடக்கவிருக்கிறது. காலையில் தோன்றி மதியம் முடியவிருக்கும் இந்த நிகழ்ச்சி தித்திக்கும் தேனாக இருக்கும். திகட்டாக நெய்யாக இருக்கும் என்பதிலெல்லாம் எவ்வித சந்தேகமும் இல்லை. ஆனால் இந்த நிகழ்ச்சிக்கு யார் அதிக விலை கொடுத்து டிக்கெட் வாங்குகிறார்களோ, அவர்களோடு ராஜா போட்டோ எடுத்துக் கொள்வார். சேர்ந்து அமர்ந்து மதிய உணவை பகிர்ந்து கொள்வார் என்றெல்லாம் அறிவிக்கப்பட்டிருக்கிறது. அதிக விலை கொடுத்து டிக்கெட் வாங்கும் புண்ணியவான் சாப்பாட்டு ராமனாக இருந்தால் தொலைந்தார் ராஜா. உப்பு புளி காரம் வரைக்குமல்லவா நீளும் பேச்சு?

பத்தாயிரத்தில் தொடங்கி ஆயிரத்தில் முடியும் இந்த டிக்கெட் தொகை அவரது தீவிர ரசிகர்களுக்கு ஒரு பொருட்டல்ல. இருந்தாலும், இசைஞானி இளையராஜாவை அணு அணுவாக ரசித்து, அவரால் உருவாக்கப்பட்ட இசை கலந்த காற்றையே உணவாக புசித்துக் கொண்டிருக்கும் பல்லாயிரக்கணக்கான ரசிகர்கள் இன்னும் புழுதி மண்ணில் பிழைப்பு நடத்திக் கொண்டிருக்கிறார்கள் என்பதையும் கார்த்திக் ராஜா போன்றவர்கள் உணர வேண்டும்.

அதுமட்டுமல்ல, சங்கீத சரஸ்வதியை சமையல் கட்டுக்குள் இழுக்காதீர்கள் என்பதுதான் நமது மேலான வேண்டுகோளும்!

kameshratnam
21st August 2012, 03:07 PM
Marudhanayagam song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avvPijSTehs

rajaramsgi
21st August 2012, 03:33 PM
>>>இசையே வடிவான இளையராஜாவை விற்கலாமோ?

இதை தான் நாம எல்லோரும் சொல்றோம். பணம் பிரச்சனை இல்லை. பணமோ, நேரமோ ராஜா சாருக்காக செலவு செய்வதில் தயக்கமே காட்டியதில்லை. அனால் இந்த basic/premium மேட்டர் ரொம்ப ஓவர். அவருக்கு தெரிந்து தான் இதெல்லாம் நடக்கிறதா? அவரை வைத்து அவருடைய பிள்ளைகள் காசு பணம் பண்ண முடிவு பண்ணி விட்டார்களா? எனக்கு தெரிந்து காசே இல்லை, ஆனா உங்க மியூசிக் என் படத்துக்கு வேணும்னு சொன்னவங்க படத்துக்கெல்லாம் ராஜா சார் சும்மாவே இசை அமைத்து கொடுத்திருக்கிறார் என்று தான் கேள்வி பட்டிருக்கிறேன்.

எங்க ஊரு பக்கம் மொய் விருந்துன்னு ஒன்னு வெப்பாங்க. ஒரு வேளை அது மாதிரி இதுவும் இருக்குமோ?

rajaramsgi
21st August 2012, 03:46 PM
thank you Kamesh.

marudhanayagam song was great.. sounds like a siddhar type song Raja sir composed earlier like

Singara seemaiyile (Marudhu Pandi)
Kadha kelu (Karimettu karuvayan)
kadha kelu (Michal madhana kamarajan)
Appanendrum (Guna)
etc etc..

thumburu
21st August 2012, 03:58 PM
Kamesh,

Jokes apart, using your contacts, can you check out what it would take for Arya to release the music of 'Padithurai'? I think Suka has tried his best to get the music released but no response from Arya's side. As Aakarsh says, everyone is looking forward to the music. It will make a great decision if those fellows release the music, given that there is so much hype around NEP.

I too feel that the hype around NEPV could generate the much needed heat for Padithurai to see the sunshine of the day

MumbaiRamki
21st August 2012, 04:35 PM
There was the hungary recording shown and Raaja sir mentioned it is supposed to be sung by Yuvan . It was terrific . Wondering which movie it is ?

layman10
21st August 2012, 04:41 PM

Just my thoughts!

You are right, moreover I think any contest or audition, with a entry fee may attract some law regarding lottery.

Anniyan
21st August 2012, 05:31 PM
Why should IR try to converse in English when he is not at all comfortable with that? I felt IR could not convey many things he had in his mind in this interview. He was not spontaneous and many things looked laboured.

app_engine
21st August 2012, 06:15 PM
I felt IR could not convey many things he had in his mind in this interview.
நல்ல வேளை, தப்பிச்சோம் :-)

jaiganes
21st August 2012, 07:02 PM
Why should IR try to converse in English when he is not at all comfortable with that? I felt IR could not convey many things he had in his mind in this interview. He was not spontaneous and many things looked laboured.
adhaane - inimel ilaiyaraaja englishla mattum pesappadaadhu. (Advice to celebrity count # 2).

jaiganes
21st August 2012, 07:02 PM
நல்ல வேளை, தப்பிச்சோம் :-)

put the machete like that...

kameshratnam
21st August 2012, 08:35 PM
I am ready to take efforts for Padithurai. I have tried contacting KS Suka in facebook and sadly there has been no reply at all.

rajaramsgi
21st August 2012, 08:40 PM
அட விடுங்கப்பா.. வருறத பேசிட்டு போவட்டும். சார் ஆங்கிலம், மலையாளம், தெலுங்கு, கன்னடமெல்லாம் பேசுவார். தமிழனுக்கு தமிழ், ஆங்கிலம் தவிர வேறேதும் பேச வராதுன்னு இனிமே யாரும் சொல்ல மாட்டாங்க. இது ரொம்ப பெரிய விஷயம்ங்க .

San_K
21st August 2012, 08:54 PM
I am ready to take efforts for Padithurai. I have tried contacting KS Suka in facebook and sadly there has been no reply at all.

It is the correct time, I mean under the shadow of NEPV

kameshratnam
21st August 2012, 09:14 PM
Marudhanayagam

THE ACTUAL VIDEO AND THE ACTUAL SONG - Thanks to Dinakar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf-NpWVJVoI

K
21st August 2012, 09:22 PM
Marudhanayagam

Mind Blowing, no other words to Describe.

K
21st August 2012, 09:24 PM
1000 Ponvasanthangal Vanthaalum ithu pondra oru paadalukku eedaguma?

K
21st August 2012, 09:33 PM
http://varmah.blogspot.in/2012/08/42_18.html

என்னைத் தானே...'' என்ற காலத்தால்அழியாத பாடல் நல்லவனுக்கு நல்லவன்படத்தில் இடம்பெற்றது. அப்பாடல் வி.சி.குகநாதனின் படத்துக்காக வைரமுத்துவால்எழுதப்பட்டு இளையராஜா இசையமைக்ககே.ஜே. ஜேசுதாஸ் பாடிய பாடல் வி.சி. குகநாதனின் படத்தில் அப்பாடல் இடம்பெறாததனால் எம். சரவணன் அப்பாடலை வாங்கிநல்லவனுக்கு நல்லவனில் இணைத்தார்.

baroque
21st August 2012, 09:53 PM
Marudhanayagam

WHAT IS THE LITERATURE BEHIND KAMAL'S MARUDHANAYAGAM?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

unai thaney....is a soulful sivaranjani!:musicsmile:

kameshratnam
21st August 2012, 09:54 PM
Order Neethane En Ponvasantham Audio cd

http://www.flipkart.com/neethaane-ponvasantham-music/p/itmdcmnxwgptfucd?pid=AVMDCMNHBRGRVVKH&ref=b92b408a-f9ff-4550-b977-7d9dfbe3007d

baroque
22nd August 2012, 03:23 AM
let them release it first.

on-line ordering:|:) it's not the same!
Walk around at B'lore or Chennai's - T.Nagar,Landmark,Music world, Sankara Hall etc...search & marvel at the cover faces of of our favorite artists , tumbling down on that ONE song we search in an assorted collection, disappointment of not finding albums from our list....it's not only about music, entire experience for some of us!:-D

app_engine
22nd August 2012, 06:34 AM
dig

vada pOchchE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dWir9Q_Vek&feature=related

Why Balki, why? (The trailer advertises as "from the makers of cheeni kum & pA")

end-dig

venkkiram
22nd August 2012, 06:41 AM
dig

vada pOchchE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dWir9Q_Vek&feature=related

Why Balki, why? (The trailer advertises as "from the makers of cheeni kum & pA")

end-dig

dig

முன்னோட்டமே தூள் கெளப்புதுங்க ! வண்ணமயமா இருக்கு! அமீர் த்ரிவேதி இசை! Let us see how does it turn out !

end-dig

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
22nd August 2012, 07:55 AM
Nalla vaasanaiyana metuhvadai thaan! pOche! :lol:

kameshratnam
22nd August 2012, 08:08 AM
let them release it first.

on-line ordering:|:) it's not the same!
Walk around at B'lore or Chennai's - T.Nagar,Landmark,Music world, Sankara Hall etc...search & marvel at the cover faces of of our favorite artists , tumbling down on that ONE song we search in an assorted collection, disappointment of not finding albums from our list....it's not only about music, entire experience for some of us!:-D

Madam: For your information

Music world - All chennai outlets closed forever

Sankara hall - Will not sell IR music cds at all because of a problem

Landmark is the only place

Also: Please note that except HMV and inreco NONE OF THE IR ALBUMS are available as AUDIO Cds in INDIA

baroque
22nd August 2012, 08:45 AM
I know! Landmark is the place!

Sankara hall not selling older albums due to some IR's legal suit issues, I understand!
But what's the problem with NANDHALALA- was a new album by 2010, during my visit, they told me that they carry NO IR music!:roll:
New albums kku what problems?
or
IR & sankara hall have their own issues?
anyway...thanks Kamesh!
Of course, I buy on-line too.
sonnen... aasaiyaa ennudiaya small pleasures!:-D

kameshratnam
22nd August 2012, 08:54 AM
sankara hall was raided and that is when they decided that they wont sell any IR cds for that matter. Whether new or old they would not sell it. They still maintain it

Dhinakar Rajaram and i went there a couple of months back and they asked us to leave the place when we asked for IR audio cds. Sadly people near IR dont realise this and within a couple of years the market will be totally devoid of this genius's works

baroque
22nd August 2012, 09:00 AM
what non-sense, just asking for IR music cd, they asked you to leave!:roll: Sorry, Kamesh
They were polite to me!

devoid of IR's works...
It won't happen completely.
mp3s are available everywhere!

nethikku release aara pattu inni sayangalam mood kku vara maatengudhu..
Tamizh makkal appo film songs kku engey povanga!
Only at the end of civilization, Raja pattugal tapes, cds, mp3s kanamal pogum! TRUST ME!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
22nd August 2012, 09:10 AM
Ppl like us, hooked to PC, we have lots of options. Offline ppl i guess only way is buy unofficial Raja DVDs only.

baroque
22nd August 2012, 09:21 AM
we are not talking about right and wrong here!
Ir's songs extinct aaradhu...NO WAY!

baroque
22nd August 2012, 10:03 AM
Sadly people near IR dont realise this..
what do you mean, people near IR!
At the end, who makes decision for him, his affairs.... avar dhaaney!

last article I read about this issue..

http://www.thehindu.com/news/states/tamil-nadu/article75875.ece

irir123
22nd August 2012, 10:32 AM
I had a conversation/discussion with a composer friend of mine who lives near Nashville, Tennessee - abt IR!

I had fwded some links to him - and he immediately contacted me - gist of what he told me:

1. Who is this composer ? I have worked with some Indian musicians but never heard of him!

2. Bach's music is the closest to Indian/Eastern music - there are many structural components that I think bear resemblances to eastern music - its no wonder that IR (he called him by the full name though!) could see it as well - I have composed a few pieces using Bach's techniques with Turkish music!

3. after listening to main track 'How to name it ?', 'I met Bach in my house' and 'composers breath' - he went nonstop 'beautiful! just beautiful' !

4. Western classical music is far easier to master than Indian classical music - for someone to have mastered both and used them in this manner, he must be special !

baroque
22nd August 2012, 10:35 AM
irir123, as always, good job!:thumbsup::ty:

kj
22nd August 2012, 03:00 PM
I know how annoying this lack of IR cd's in shops is. This problem has started since AGI music was handed over the rights to all of Raajs's works from 1976 to 2000. In my opinion AGI has made a total mess of things. Initially, I thought they were quite professional, but they have turned to be the total opposite. Atleast, when Oriental records had the rights, they used to make CD's available everywhere and even the quality used to be decent (especially with the 24-bit remastered CD's). But this AGI is just sitting with all the rights and doing nothing. They released some compilations with so-so audio quality. These compilations don't end up in stores either. You have to buy them online. They have realsed a large number of film albums but only in nokia OVI again with a so-so quality.(sounds like a direct transfer from echo tapes to mp3). Downloading from Nokia ovi is possible only for those having a nokia mobile. Can you imagine my frustration when even upon repeated requests to AGI they have not done anything to ensure availability of these albums on other sites like cdbaby or amazon. The only good thing AGI has done so far is giving licence to western companies like finders keepers who have brought out some compilations with stupendous audio quality. Sometime I wish if finders keepers would get all the rights to Raajas full catalogue and release it after meticulous restoration. AGI sucks big time. Sorry, this is just a ranting of an IR fan who is frustrated at the unavaibility of Raajas works in decent audio quality and legally even in this age where so much progress has been made in the field of technology.

San_K
22nd August 2012, 03:47 PM
kj, I too complain about AGI

I have purchased some 15 raaja songs including some rare songs from flipkart. The sound quality is somewhat OK if we consider only the noise the problem. Read the followings lines as my doubts. The most irritating/untolerable thing is, (for some songs or many) they just used the MP3s freely availble all over the net (the byrated copies) and worked something on them such as noise reduction and then they have released as legal one.

Proof: the file name and/or MP3 ID is different from the song played in a music player by the same mp3 file which is the typical problem of illegal MP3s. Either they should be too lazy or in the above case I said. Just the rights is enough to release the songs?

Sureshs65
22nd August 2012, 04:21 PM
kj / San_K,

I have bought only CDs of Agi and honestly they don't seem to have the same quality of Oriental ones. No clue why Raja takes such decision but giving the rights to Agi hasn't helped. I bought the SPB, KJY, SJ and KSC compilations since I wanted to encourage Agi Music (I had most of the songs with me.) but the recording quality was a big letdown. And believe me when I say I am almost tone deaf regarding recording quality. Even someone like I could make out the quality was bad. The HMV and Oriental have very good quality. No clue on how this situation can be changed though.

Gregorysab
22nd August 2012, 05:00 PM
My issue with agimusic is that they are releasing only compilations, instead of full albums! and because of compilations, some songs get repetitive while some songs do not feature in any compilation at all.
The only positive thing agimusic has done is putting up most of the songs on flipkart's flyte. We can atleast download albums/songs. But then quality remains an issue. and also, mp3s wont help if one is particular about a full-cd. There are many albums I'd like to buy in cd format but they are never released.

And does Agimusic have rights to all of Raaja's works, in all languages? I doubt so. And even among his non-film works, do they have rights on all content? if yes, technically they should be having the rights over his Symphony with RPO right?

rajaramsgi
22nd August 2012, 05:59 PM
From Hindu : History is on the verge of being made. Veteran music director M.S. Viswanathan, who, 26 years ago, worked with Ilaiyaraaja to deliver the musical hit Mella Thiranthathu Kadavu, is to work with Ilaiyaraaja’s son Yuvan Shankar Raja for the first time.

http://www.thehindu.com/arts/cinema/article3799279.ece?homepage=true (http://www.thehindu.com/arts/cinema/article3799279.ece?homepage=true)

venkkiram
22nd August 2012, 06:30 PM
Wish this should happen. Lovely pair!

kj
22nd August 2012, 07:31 PM
kj / San_K,

I have bought only CDs of Agi and honestly they don't seem to have the same quality of Oriental ones. No clue why Raja takes such decision but giving the rights to Agi hasn't helped. I bought the SPB, KJY, SJ and KSC compilations since I wanted to encourage Agi Music (I had most of the songs with me.) but the recording quality was a big letdown. And believe me when I say I am almost tone deaf regarding recording quality. Even someone like I could make out the quality was bad. The HMV and Oriental have very good quality. No clue on how this situation can be changed though.

Well the situation can be changed. First of all, I feel the problem lies in the fact that, the original source of the songs (be it compilations or whole albums) being sold by agi is not the original studio master tapes. If they are indeed using the original studio masters then they should invest in some hi-end analogue remastering EQUIPMENT and NOT just digital remastering SOFTWARE. I have heard rumors that for quite some movies the original studio master tapes were lost in a fire at the echo company. For such cases they MUST hunt down brand-new/minimally used LP records to be used as the original source. The fact is that if the audio source is noisy then it is very difficult to remove the noise without messing the signal with even the best digital remastering software. Hence the stress should be on hi-end analogue equipment (sensitive tape/LP heads, tube amplifiers, hi-end ADCs etc) and then digital remastering.

kameshratnam
22nd August 2012, 07:51 PM
The album that every die hard fan of Ilaiyaraaja has been eagerly waiting for - Neethane En Ponvasantham will be released very soon.
Anxious to get your hands on the audio CD? Don't be; just pre-order your copy and be assured to be the first ones to hear the magical tunes of your legend Ilayaraja.

Available on Flipkart: http://bit.ly/O4RX01

Pls try to share the same to as many people as possible..

Pls do the needful

baroque
22nd August 2012, 08:37 PM
I am appalled, IR's early works not available for public to buy as CDs.
I haven't bought anything from Agi people!
Whoever these people are Agi or people with the rights, better they apply their mind, make sure, IR earlier works are available in CDs just like Oriental records did earlier!
enna ellarum on-line downloading mattumdhan pannanumaa, pannuvangala?
idiotic aa illai!http://www.mayyam.com/talk/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif
Get lost people! With this kind of mess, they are indirectly encouraging pirated copies!

app_engine
22nd August 2012, 08:44 PM
IR's early works

I guess this ladAi doesn't include the ones contracted out to HMV / INRECO...in other words, none of his first 100 movies (pre-EchO ones) are covered in the saNdai...

Unfortunately, their CD / cassette quality was horrible too :-(

baroque
22nd August 2012, 08:55 PM
I know....
BADRAKALI WITH ANNAKKILI - CD BY HMV & RPG, i was able to buy last time , I had only cassette earlier!
Last time I found lots of ALL INDIA RADIO ARCHIVAL RELEASES - T SERIES CLASSICAL MUSIC CDS at Sankara halla. I can't afford to buy all of them! I bought few of them.
But looking at those colorful covers, sleeve info, shiny Cds,DVDs,tapes....AWESOME! Release C.ramachandra, O.P.N, S.D.Burman,Hemant Kumar, Salil, MSV_TKR, etc..make them available to general janta in quality and affordable!
selling only on-line downloading... Ilayaraja with his Agi & co lost it!:evil:
People like options!
Vinatha

K
23rd August 2012, 07:52 AM
http://isaignanibakthan.blogspot.in/2012/08/be-with-me-maestro.html

Be with Me Full Coverage

இசைப்பிதா தயங்குவதைக்கண்ட.. பார்த்திபன் தொடர்ந்து அவரை அன்புடன் வற்புறுத்த, சதா மாஸ்டரின் கையில் இருந்த கிட்டார், பலத்த கரவொலிக்கிடையே இசைஞானியின் கரங்களில் வந்தமர்ந்தது. (தலைவருக்கு பயங்கர வெட்கம்..!! வீட்டுக்கு வந்த விருந்தினர் முன் ‘ரைம்ஸ்’ சொல்லச்சொன்னதும் வெட்கப்பட்டுத் தாயின் தோள்களில் முகம் புதைத்து நாணும் குழந்தையைப் போல கண்களை மூடி, வெட்கத்துடன் தலைகுனிந்து கிட்டாரில் முகம் புதைத்து, சிரித்தது கண்கொள்ளாக்காட்சி). பின்னர், Hum பண்ணிக்கொண்டே சட்டென்று ஒரு ட்யூனை கிட்டாரின் ஒரு சில நரம்புகளை Chords arpeggio’வாக மீட்டிக்கொண்டே இசைஞானி கம்போஸ் செய்யத் துவங்க, மெதுவாய் பக்கவாத்தியங்கள் சேர்ந்துகொள்ள, அழகியதொரு tune உருப்பெற்றது. தலைவர் guitar வாசிப்பதை நேரில் பார்க்கும் பாக்கியம் பெற்ற வெகுசில மானிடருள் அடியேனும் ஒருவனான பெருமை இனி என்றும் எனக்கிருக்கும்.

V_S
23rd August 2012, 08:45 AM
K,
Thanks a lot for sharing. Beautifully narrated with every minute details. :clap: Seems a lot of hard work. Very interesting to read. Felt like I was in the conclave. Definitely questions to Maestro could have been better, nevertheless, should be a wonderful experience those who have witnessed live.

raja_fan
23rd August 2012, 10:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjOMluQNQoo

rajaramsgi
23rd August 2012, 11:33 AM
From this week's Anandha vikatan, not related to Raja sir but his kid :-)

''ரசிகர்கள் 'தில்லுமுல்லு’ பாடல்கள், இசையை இப்பவும் ரசிக்கிறாங்க... அதை டீஸ் பண்ணிர மாட்டீங்களே?''
''அதை நாங்க உணர்ந்திருக்கோம். 'தில்லுமுல்லு... தில்லுமுல்லு’, 'ராகங்கள் பதினாறு உருவான வரலாறு...’ ரெண்டு பாட்டையும் அப்படியே ரீ மிக்ஸ் பண்றோம். அந்த ரீ மிக்ஸ் பாடல்களுக்கு மியூஸிக், ஒரிஜினலுக்கு மியூஸிக் பண்ண எம்.எஸ்.விஸ்வநாதன் சாரேதான். மீதி மூணு பாட்டுக்கு யுவன் ஷங்கர்ராஜா மியூஸிக். ஆக, படத்துக்கு இசை எம்.எஸ்.விஸ்வநாதன் - யுவன்ஷங்கர் ராஜா. இது எப்படி இருக்கு? யுவன்கிட்ட இதைச் சொன்னதும் ரொம்ப சந்தோஷப்பட்டார். 'அவர் ட்யூன் போடட்டும். நான் ஆர்கெஸ்ட்ரா பார்த்துக்கிறேன்’னு உற்சாகம் ஆகிட்டார். என்னவோ முதல் படத்துக்கு மியூஸிக் பண்ற மாதிரி ஆர்வமா ஓடிட்டு இருக்கார். இப்போ மூணு பாடல்கள் வாலி சார் எழுதுறார். அதனால, டைட்டில்ல பாடல்கள் 'கவிஞர் கண்ணதாசன் - வாலி’னுதான் வரும்!''
http://www.vikatan.com/av/2012/08/zdfjmz/images/p106a.jpg

joe
23rd August 2012, 12:55 PM
Sorry if it is already known one

I have been using this online radio for round the clock Ilayaraja hits ..with Iphone app tunein
http://tunein.com/radio/Ilayaraja-Radio-s166196/

kameshratnam
23rd August 2012, 01:22 PM
NEPV update:

So far only 210 Cds have been booked for NEPV.Come on people get into the act and order your cds here

http://www.flipkart.com/neethaane-ponvasantham-music/p/itmdcmnxwgptfucd?pid=AVMDCMNHBRGRVVKH&cmpid=content_music_nepv

MumbaiRamki
23rd August 2012, 02:26 PM
<dig>

Was there a picture taken of the score sheet used in be with Maestro show ? Any links available for that ?

</dig>

jmahesh
23rd August 2012, 04:32 PM
Sorry if it is already known one

I have been using this online radio for round the clock Ilayaraja hits ..with Iphone app tunein
http://tunein.com/radio/Ilayaraja-Radio-s166196/

Joe , thank you for the link, good audio quality.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
23rd August 2012, 04:55 PM
Just be aware, streaming radios will generally take quite lot bandwidth, check ur monthly ISP bill!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
23rd August 2012, 06:26 PM
Raja is stocking 300 unused tunes, AvlOthaanaa?!?

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/522106_307501939348370_1471373322_n.jpg7

SoftSword
23rd August 2012, 06:31 PM
as he clearly said in the interview... he gives a tune at the moment as it happens... he does not even use the work 'think' to get his tunes... so he would be least interested in stocking imo... maybe they mean the unused songs which were half recorded...

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
23rd August 2012, 07:11 PM
True, he doesn't even 'think' as regular MD's does. But whatever happens, either during work(which goes unused) or even without that, so the unused tunes in both cases, he wud be storing. If he is stocking some 300 tunes, more than 3000 shud have flashed and he wud have skipped them!

baroque
23rd August 2012, 08:31 PM
K,

amazing!:thumbsup::ty:

karlkalyan
23rd August 2012, 09:06 PM
as he clearly said in the interview... he gives a tune at the moment as it happens... he does not even use the work 'think' to get his tunes... so he would be least interested in stocking imo... maybe they mean the unused songs which were half recorded...

The process happens like this. Once the situation is explained to him, the tape starts recording and he starts humming the tunes. Finally the director selects one. But the tape remains intact. Earlier when Sundaarrajan was around ( he is no more) he used to remember all these things. To that extent when some one comes for a song and Raaja does not have time for a composing session, when the situation is explained to Sundarrrajan, he used remember an unused tune from the session with some other director which may fit in with the new requirement; and he will pick up that particular tape and take it further. That was the kind of system he was maintaining. And that was the level of his involvement in the whole process. You may be aware, that till his death, starting from the mid eighties, he was the one who used to sit with the singers and record the song; with the guidance from the tune tape, the notations he has made of the tune once it was finalised and the orchestral score sheet from the recording session.

Now I don't know whether such a practice is still on. And knowing the kind of people around, I doubt.

layman10
23rd August 2012, 09:13 PM
Raja is stocking 300 unused tunes, AvlOthaanaa?!?

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/522106_307501939348370_1471373322_n.jpg7

Who said this?.

app_engine
23rd August 2012, 09:27 PM
karlkalyan,

nanRi for the aboorvamAna thagaval. (Though not surprised about it).

I'm also reminded of the Manivannan speech on a TV show mentioning how he kept going to IR for 'michcham meedhi' tunes. He showed extraordinary humility on that show, to the extent of calling himself 'yAchakan'!

kameshratnam
23rd August 2012, 09:28 PM
who said this?.

gangai gangai gangai amaran :d

Bala (Karthik)
23rd August 2012, 10:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjOMluQNQoo
Super :thumbsup: (earphones la kekkala, so thulliyama kekkala. Hope it 'sounds' good)

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
23rd August 2012, 10:09 PM
Is this posted here?!? Ilayaraja Series -1 ( Chakravaagam, Malaiyamaarutham, Kaapi
(http://hawkeyeview.blogspot.in/2004/06/ilayaraja-series-1-chakravaagam.html)Ilayaraja 15 ( Dharmavati, Genesis, Shanmugapriya,... (http://hawkeyeview.blogspot.in/2004/06/ilayaraja-15-dharmavati-genesis.html)
Ilayaraja 14 ( Sex, Reethigowlai, Chaalanattai, Na... (http://hawkeyeview.blogspot.in/2004/06/ilayaraja-14-sex-reethigowlai.html)
Ilayaraja-13 (Copying, Shruthi, Suddha Saveri, Hin... (http://hawkeyeview.blogspot.in/2004/06/ilayaraja-13-copying-shruthi-suddha.html)
Ilayaraja - 12 ( Birth of Ragas, Thodi, Suddha Dha... (http://hawkeyeview.blogspot.in/2004/06/ilayaraja-12-birth-of-ragas-thodi.html)
Ilayaraja-11 ( Humor, Sudha Dhanyasi, Arabhi ) (http://hawkeyeview.blogspot.in/2004/06/ilayaraja-11-humor-sudha-dhanyasi.html)
Ilayaraja - 10 ( Western Classical, vasantha, Poor... (http://hawkeyeview.blogspot.in/2004/06/ilayaraja-10-western-classical.html)
Ilayaraja 9 ( Thiyagaraya Krithis, Hindolam, Chand... (http://hawkeyeview.blogspot.in/2004/06/ilayaraja-9-thiyagaraya-krithis.html)
Ilayaraja 8 ( Names & groups of Ragas, Rajanis, Bh... (http://hawkeyeview.blogspot.in/2004/06/ilayaraja-8-names-groups-of-ragas.html)
Ilayaraja -7 ( kanakangi, Sudha Saveri, Rasikapriy... (http://hawkeyeview.blogspot.in/2004/06/ilayaraja-7-kanakangi-sudha-saveri.html)
Ilayaraja 6 ( Rishabam/Madhyamam - Hamsanadham ) (http://hawkeyeview.blogspot.in/2004/06/ilayaraja-6-rishabammadhyamam.html)
Ilayaraja (featuring Vairamuthu, Rahman, ) - 5 (K... (http://hawkeyeview.blogspot.in/2004/06/ilayaraja-featuring-vairamuthu-rahman.html)
Ilayaraja (and Kunnakudi Vaidhyanathan)- 4 ( Thodi... (http://hawkeyeview.blogspot.in/2004/06/ilayaraja-and-kunnakudi-vaidhyanathan.html)
Ilayaraja - 3 ( Subhapanthuvarali, Panthuvarali, M... (http://hawkeyeview.blogspot.in/2004/06/ilayaraja-3-subhapanthuvarali.html)
Ilayaraja -2 (Gowrimanohari, Hemavathi, Karaharapr... (http://hawkeyeview.blogspot.in/2004/06/ilayaraja-2-gowrimanohari-hemavathi.html)

rajkumarc
24th August 2012, 06:07 AM
Thanks raja_fan. Kaatrai Konjam tune sounds superb. Really can't wait for the audio cd.

kameshratnam
24th August 2012, 09:55 AM
Those who are in the USA and wish to receive the NEPV cds: Please fill up this form

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?fromEmail=true&formkey=dF9KZjF6TlBQd2ZTUUZZZXRQbnBwLUE6MQ

Your details will be only with me and i will not share them with any one.

Thanks to design and super help from SKV sir

Bala (Karthik)
24th August 2012, 10:15 AM
So, "Kaatrai Konjam" is the song BR had written about (Gautham had played a version before mastering) - cross between "Naal thorum" (Devathai) and some other song.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
24th August 2012, 10:39 AM
Kamesh, share this link in twitter/facebook/yahoo-groups for a wider reach! Since you are taking efforts, at all sites, the link shud be shared only by you. So there is single point control

Vinodkumar
24th August 2012, 11:13 AM
Well the situation can be changed. First of all, I feel the problem lies in the fact that, the original source of the songs (be it compilations or whole albums) being sold by agi is not the original studio master tapes. If they are indeed using the original studio masters then they should invest in some hi-end analogue remastering EQUIPMENT and NOT just digital remastering SOFTWARE. I have heard rumors that for quite some movies the original studio master tapes were lost in a fire at the echo company. For such cases they MUST hunt down brand-new/minimally used LP records to be used as the original source. The fact is that if the audio source is noisy then it is very difficult to remove the noise without messing the signal with even the best digital remastering software. Hence the stress should be on hi-end analogue equipment (sensitive tape/LP heads, tube amplifiers, hi-end ADCs etc) and then digital remastering.

That is exactly the reason why I'm on the hunt for unused LP's. I'm in the process of acquiring a high end DSD/DXD audio interface to record the LP in its full glory. I can then play them in DSD/DXD or even down convert with a stellar quality. Even some of the albums from later 70's have unbelievable quality if you can get them brand new (unplayed old lp's). I'm very happy with the current interface which can do 192 khz. The DSD/DXD is in another league all together.

Vinodkumar
24th August 2012, 11:27 AM
I am appalled, IR's early works not available for public to buy as CDs.
I haven't bought anything from Agi people!
Whoever these people are Agi or people with the rights, better they apply their mind, make sure, IR earlier works are available in CDs just like Oriental records did earlier!
enna ellarum on-line downloading mattumdhan pannanumaa, pannuvangala?
idiotic aa illai!http://www.mayyam.com/talk/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif
Get lost people! With this kind of mess, they are indirectly encouraging pirated copies!

You could try at shrimatis.com. They do carry quite a few IR albums (Oriental/Pyramid/Wilson names)

baroque
24th August 2012, 11:41 AM
:ty:vinodkumar!

Good to know!

rajaramsgi
24th August 2012, 11:56 AM
The process happens like this. Once the situation is explained to him, the tape starts recording and he starts humming the tunes. Finally the director selects one. But the tape remains intact. Earlier when Sundaarrajan was around ( he is no more) he used to remember all these things. To that extent when some one comes for a song and Raaja does not have time for a composing session, when the situation is explained to Sundarrrajan, he used remember an unused tune from the session with some other director which may fit in with the new requirement; and he will pick up that particular tape and take it further. That was the kind of system he was maintaining. And that was the level of his involvement in the whole process. You may be aware, that till his death, starting from the mid eighties, he was the one who used to sit with the singers and record the song; with the guidance from the tune tape, the notations he has made of the tune once it was finalised and the orchestral score sheet from the recording session.

Now I don't know whether such a practice is still on. And knowing the kind of people around, I doubt.

Thank you Karlkayan. This is one of the most best posts in recent months, - not for explaining how it all happens - as we know this from before but for bringing in Sundarrajan into this. He is an unsung hero who was with Raja sir from his initial days. I heard Sundarrajan used to be V.Kumar's assistant first before he joined Raja sir. We did not know that he is dead. This must have happened in recent years as he was alive during Andrum Indrum Endrum show in 2005, he even conducted a section in that show, also he spoke in the Making of Thiruvasagam video. He was surely a great assistant to Raja sir like many mentioned about him before. Please post any stories, photos or even videos about him, Govardhanam or any other Raja sir thalabadhis. We should pay tributes to them.

Many would object if I say Raja sir has V.Kumar, GKV influences in his music more than his much respected mentors.

Vinodkumar
24th August 2012, 12:17 PM
That is exactly the reason why I'm on the hunt for unused LP's. I'm in the process of acquiring a high end DSD/DXD audio interface to record the LP in its full glory. I can then play them in DSD/DXD or even down convert with a stellar quality. Even some of the albums from later 70's have unbelievable quality if you can get them brand new (unplayed old lp's). I'm very happy with the current interface which can do 192 khz. The DSD/DXD is in another league all together.

Here is a sample clip from RosapooRavikaiKaari. This is a mono lp from 1979. It has taken quite a bit beating. However, hear the quality. This is RAW recording without any EQ or clip gains.. Pardon me for the short clip... http://soundcloud.com/raja4ever/ennulilengo

ErneFsRurdy
24th August 2012, 12:57 PM
Where we can get the tickets of sep1 concert.

SVN
24th August 2012, 01:32 PM
Vinod Kumar,
You are absolutely right! The raw quality of the LPs is superb.
BTW, thanks for the title score of Rama Rajyam. Veena at its best, and the lead voices without any instrumental backing.

raja_fan
24th August 2012, 02:44 PM
Gowtham has dropped Yohan with Vijay.
He says he is going to finish NEP and then decide on the next film.

Good ! Hope he sticks to IR.

rajaramsgi
24th August 2012, 02:50 PM
Here is a sample clip from RosapooRavikaiKaari. This is a mono lp from 1979. It has taken quite a bit beating. However, hear the quality. This is RAW recording without any EQ or clip gains.. Pardon me for the short clip... http://soundcloud.com/raja4ever/ennulilengo

Excellent quality on this track. It is several times better than the tracks converted from cassettes from the later years. Thank you VinodKumar.

Will it be considered as piracy if you share such tracks with us? If not, I am sure many of us would like to .....

app_engine
24th August 2012, 04:38 PM
Excellent, Vinodkumar!

One potential source for "very less used but maintained well" LP records should be AIR...(that is if they cared to keep them in archives). If someone has connections, they may be able to "loan" them :wink:

layman10
24th August 2012, 08:25 PM
This radio station in North Carolina played all tracks from the Fire star album!. Wish they had archives. http://wxyc.info/playlists/radioShow?radioShowID=126385

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
24th August 2012, 08:39 PM
got a chance many years back to visit AIR in connection with some software development..and was quite surprised to see a huge set of LP music collections - not only music but also some great speeches delivered during 50's,60's. But the pity is LP's are put in a pathetic state..with very poor maintenance, totally uncategorized and scattered all over. Not sure how it is today !! But another good source is to meet Mr.Sheakar, who runs a small shop named `Sterio house` in Ranganathan Street, Chennai and has abundance collection of original Raja collectections including 80's LP and later CD's... i think he does it as a hobby and also helps to do a copy...I did few selected 80's hits from him & the sound is just amazing. try out :)

Thanks Vkrish for the info! First thing is, does anybody has the Complete list of songs and a filtered out list of what songs (with good quality) is there, and what songs are not?!

rajaramsgi
25th August 2012, 04:03 AM
For those who did not read SUGA's moongil moochu from Ananda Vikatan, please read from here. There are many references about Raja sir.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/54258758

though I read most of his writings and have great admiration for his writings, I just came to know today that he is the son of the great orator Nellai Kannan. (I am a big fan of Nellai Kannan's political and religious talks since my college days in the late 1980s, I got so excited today to know about the father son relationship between them, just thought of sharing this here)

K
25th August 2012, 04:47 AM
http://gallery.oneindia.in/tamil-events/ilayaraaja-yahoo-group-fan-s-meeting/40535.html

http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2012/08/ilayaraaja-yahoo-group-fan-s-25th-meeting-an-exclusive-160182.html

திருவண்ணாமலையிலிருந்து வந்திருந்த டாக்டர் ஸ்ரீதர் இளையராஜாவின் அபாரமான ரசிகர். ரமணமாலையின் பாடல்கள் ஒவ்வொன்றையும் அவர் புரிந்து கொண்ட விதத்தை, கண்களை மூடி, மனமுருக அவர் பாடிய விதத்தை... கண்டிப்பாக இசைஞானி பார்த்திருக்க வேண்டும். அந்தப் படைப்பின் அர்த்தத்தை அங்கே உணர முடிந்தது!
ராஜாவின் இன்னொரு ஆல்பமான மணிகண்டன் கீதமாலையை அணுஅணுவாக ரசித்துப் பாடி மகிழ்ந்தனர். பெங்களூரிலிருந்து வந்திருந்தார் 10-ம் வகுப்பு மாணவி ஒருவர். பெயர் ராகா... குரலில் இளம் மணிகண்டனை தரிசித்த அனுபவம். உடம்பெல்லாம் ஒரு ரோமாஞ்சனம் என்ற பாடலை அந்தப் பெண் பாடி முடித்த போது, கேட்டவர் அத்தனைபேர் உடம்பின் மயிர்க்கால்களும் சிலிர்த்திருந்ததைப் பார்க்க முடிந்தது.
இருமுடி கட்டி சபரிமலைக்குப் போகும் ஒவ்வொருவரும் கேட்டுப் பரவசமடைய இளையராஜா அந்த ஆல்பத்தில் ஒரு பாடல் போட்டிருப்பார். இருமுடிகட்டி.. என ஆரம்பிக்கும் அந்தப் பாடலை இந்த கூட்டத்தில் பரவசத்தோடு பாடியவர்... அன்வர் என்ற இளைஞர்!
"மதங்களைக் கடந்த இசை இது. எல்லா மதமும் சொல்வது ஒரே தத்துவத்தைத்தான் என்பதை இசைஞானி இந்தப் பாடலில் மிக அழகாகச் சொல்லியிருப்பார்," என்றார் பாடி முடித்ததும்.
சாய் பாபாவுக்காக ராஜா உருவாக்கிய பாபா புகழ்மாலையில் இடம்பெற்ற உன்னைக் கேட்டுப்பார்... என்ற பாடலைக் கேட்கும்போதெல்லாம்... இது ரசிகர்களை அதிகமாகப் போய்ச் சேரவில்லையோ என்ற சின்ன வருத்தம் மேலோங்கும். ஆனால் இந்தக் கூட்டத்தில், அந்தப் பாடலை ஸ்ரீதரும் அன்வரும் பாடிப் பாடி விவாதித்த விதம் அந்த வருத்தத்தைப் போக்கிவிட்டது. யாருக்குச் சேர வேண்டுமோ அவர்களை சரியாகவே சென்று சேர்ந்திருக்கிறது ராஜாவின் இசையமுதம்!

ajaybaskar
25th August 2012, 07:44 AM
Moongil Moochu is a must read for all..

Vinodkumar
25th August 2012, 09:29 AM
Excellent quality on this track. It is several times better than the tracks converted from cassettes from the later years. Thank you VinodKumar.

Will it be considered as piracy if you share such tracks with us? If not, I am sure many of us would like to .....

Yes... I think so.. I tried to load Nizhagal sample and it was blocked by soundcloud. I take lot more pain to get the originals. I hope you understand.

Vinodkumar
25th August 2012, 09:36 AM
Vinod Kumar,
You are absolutely right! The raw quality of the LPs is superb.
BTW, thanks for the title score of Rama Rajyam. Veena at its best, and the lead voices without any instrumental backing.

SVN.. You are welcome !

kameshratnam
25th August 2012, 12:06 PM
got a chance many years back to visit AIR in connection with some software development..and was quite surprised to see a huge set of LP music collections - not only music but also some great speeches delivered during 50's,60's. But the pity is LP's are put in a pathetic state..with very poor maintenance, totally uncategorized and scattered all over. Not sure how it is today !! But another good source is to meet Mr.Sheakar, who runs a small shop named `Sterio house` in Ranganathan Street, Chennai and has abundance collection of original Raja collectections including 80's LP and later CD's... i think he does it as a hobby and also helps to do a copy...I did few selected 80's hits from him & the sound is just amazing. try out :)

Can you please take out the name of the companies mentioned here because i fear some hawks may go there and raid the place!!!! thanks ..oofficial raid

MelHarmony
25th August 2012, 07:53 PM
Where we can get the tickets of sep1 concert.

Does anybody know where to get ticket, if at all available? if not available commercially, is there a way to get a ticket....i am really desperate...

kameshratnam
25th August 2012, 08:14 PM
thanks to prabhu s for the information

tickets for the NEPV show are available in all landmark stores in chennai

I dont from when....please call them and go

www.landmarkonthenet.com

MelHarmony
25th August 2012, 09:33 PM
thanks to prabhu s for the information

tickets for the NEPV show are available in all landmark stores in chennai

I dont from when....please call them and go

www.landmarkonthenet.com

thank you Kamesh for this quick info!

kameshratnam
26th August 2012, 10:21 AM
2012 BE WITH ME chennai concert videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBXyA2R5mQo&feature=plcp - MARUDHANAYAGAM

New song composing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xT-f9DhFOU&feature=channel&list=UL

janani janani composing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_cqiM5L6xo&feature=channel&list=UL

venkkiram
26th August 2012, 10:33 AM
janani janani composing Where is the continuation ? Please.

K
26th August 2012, 02:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/kvelavan

Some more be with me videos here

rooky
26th August 2012, 07:25 PM
There was an Advertisement in Today's (Sunday) Tamil newspapers for AJANTHA (movie that is in cans for a looooong time).
The advertisement is about the release of trailor (!) and on this movie coming SOON :)

Hope we see movies like Mayilu, to follow this line, post NEPV (audio) release.

ravinat
26th August 2012, 09:52 PM
I had been to a local show here in Toronto and Karthik sang in that concert. He mentioned that he is going back to Chennai for NEPV audio launch on Sep 2 and Sep 3. Not sure, which is the exact date as one day may be for rehearsal, He also sang a charanam of a song that he had sung in the movie...

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
27th August 2012, 11:39 AM
http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/television/2012/08/endrenrum-raja-ilayaraja-concert-in-jaya-tv-160302.html

என்றென்றும் அவர் இசைக்கு ராஜா என்பதை நிரூபித்த கச்சேரி இது. இதில் எத்தனையோ சுவாரஸ்யங்கள் இருந்தாலும் ரசிகர்கள் ஒன்ஸ்மோர் கேட்காமலேயே பூவே செம்பூவே பாடல் பலமுறை ரசிகர்களுக்குப் போய் சேர்ந்தது. ராஜா ரசிகர்களின் மனக்குவியல்களில் இந்த பாடல் ஒரு முத்து. இரண்டாம் இடையிசை மின் கிதாருடன் துவங்குகையிலேயே ரசிகர்களின் ஆராவாரமும் துவங்குகிறது.அந்த இடையிசையில் வயலின் குழு சேர்கையில் அந்தப் பரவசம் தரும் இன்பத்தை அத்தனை பேரும் மெய்மறந்து அனுபவித்தனர். ஆனால் இடையிசை முடியும் முன்னரே ஜேசுதாஸ் பாடத்துவங்க, வேலையில் கவனமாக இருந்த நடத்துநர் என்ன செய்வதென புரியாமல் ஜேசுதாஸைப் பார்த்தபடியே இசைக்கோர்வையை தொடர எல்லாம் குளருபடியானது. ஆனாலும் இசைஞர்கள் ஜேசுதாஸை மொத்தமாக கைவிடாமல் அவர் பாடும் வரிகளுக்கேற்ற தாளத்துடன் இணைய, நுழைகிறார் ராஜா. இது என் ஷோ. இப்படியிருக்க கூடாது என ஜேசுதாஸை நிறுத்தினார்.

ஜேசுதாஸ் வாழ்நாளில் இவ்வளவு பேர் முன்னிலையில் தாளத்துக்கு தவறி மீண்டும் துவங்கியது இது எத்தனையாவது முறையாக இருக்க முடியும்? ராஜா என்ன சொல்லி நிறுத்தினாரோ... ரிக்கார்டிங்கென்று ஜேசுதாஸ் மைக்கில் சொல்ல... மறுபடியும்... இங்கு ஜனங்களின் ஆராவாரம். இது ராஜாவுக்கு.தங்களுக்குத் தேவையானதை தெளிவாக தரும் அவர்களுடைய ராஜாவிற்கு ரசிகர்கள் கைத்தட்டலை பரிசாகத் தந்தனர்.

இரண்டாம் முறையும் ஜேசுதாஸ் சொதப்ப, ராஜா இந்த முறை வெறும் கையசைவில் அவரை நிறுத்தி இசைஞர்களுக்கு பாதை காட்டுகிறார். முதல் முறை ஜேசுதாஸைக் காப்பாற்றியவர்களை இந்த முறை ராஜா காப்பாற்றுகிறார். பின்னர் ஜேசுதாஸ் சரியான இடத்தில் சரணத்தைத் துவங்க ராஜாவின் முகத்தில் வரும் அந்த நிம்மதி ஆள்காட்டி விரலுடன் அவர் உதிர்க்கும் அந்த புன்னகையில் தெரிந்தது. பாடல் என்பது வெறும் மனிதர்களின் குரல் அல்ல அது இசையுடன் கூடிய ஒருவித பிணைப்பு. ராஜாவின் பாடல்களில் அநேக பாடல்களில் நிறைவுப் பகுதி அருமையானதாக இருக்கும்.. இந்த நிகழ்விலும், குற்றவுணர்ச்சியுடன் நின்று கொண்டிருந்த ஜேசுதாஸ் பூவேவேஏஏஏஏ க்குப் பின் எனக்காக இன்னொரு வாட்டி பார்க்கலாமா என கேட்கிறார். ராஜாவுக்கும் அப்பொழுது தான் தோன்றுகிறது பாடல் இன்னும் முடியவில்லையென்று. மக்களுக்கும் தெளிவாக்குகிறார். பாட்டு இன்னும் முடியலை அதுக்குள்ள கை தட்டுறீங்களே என்று கேட்க ரசிகர்களின் ஆராவாரம் மெதுவாக அடங்குகிறது. முடிவு சரி இல்லாமல் எப்படி? ஜேசுதாஸ் பெரிய ஆளுமை. குற்றவுணர்ச்சியுடன் வீடு செல்ல முடியுமா. திருத்திக்கொள்கிறார்.

நடத்துநர் அடுத்த பாடலுக்கு ஆயத்தமாகிக்கொண்டிருக்க ராஜா தானே இசைஞர்களை வழிநடத்த... பதறியபடியே அவர் புத்தகத்தை வைத்துவிட்டு அதே பாடலுக்கான தன் வேலைக்கு மீண்டும் திரும்ப ராஜாவுக்கு சந்தோஷம். கூட்டத்துக்கு தேவையான ஒன்ஸ்மோர்கள் இப்படியாக போய் சேர்கின்றதே என்கிற உற்சாகத்துடன் ராஜா. இந்த முறை ஜேசுதாஸ் சரியான இடத்தில் சரணத்தைத் துவங்க கூட்டத்தில் பலத்த கைதட்டல். அது இசைக்கு அவர்களின் வரவேற்பு, ஜேசுதாஸ் ராஜா எல்லோருக்குமான வாழ்த்து.

நான் செய்த பாவம் என்னோடு போகும் என ஜேசுதாஸ் தன்னை தானே சொல்லிக் கொண்டு தன் பக்கம் விரலைக் காட்டுவதைப் பார்த்த ராஜா கையெடுத்து ஜேசுதாஸை வணங்குவது கலையைத் தாண்டி மனிதத்துக்கான பாடம். அது தரும் நெகிழ்வு அலாதியானது. புல்லாங்குழலும் அதே அமைதிக்கு எல்லாவற்றையும் திருப்ப... ஜேசுதாஸ் முடிக்கிறார்.

app_engine
30th August 2012, 01:11 AM
IR attending felicitation of mellisai mannarkaL (http://www.dinamani.com/edition/story.aspx?&SectionName=Cinema&artid=652351&SectionID=141&MainSectionID=141&SEO=&Title)

விழாவில், மூத்த திரைப்பட பாடகர்கள் டி.எம். செüந்திரராஜன், பி.பி. சீனிவாஸ், சுசீலா, ராகவன், எம்.எஸ். ராஜேஸ்வரி, எஸ்.பி. பாலசுப்பிரமணியன், வாணிஜெயராம், ஜெயச்சந்திரன் ஆகியோருக்கு தங்கப் பதக்கங்களையும் முதல்வர் வழங்கி பாராட்டினார்.

விழாவில், இசையமைப்பாளர் இளையராஜா, தயாரிப்பாளர் ஏவி.எம். சரவணன், இயக்குநர் கே.பாலசந்தர், நடிகர்கள் கமல்ஹாசன், ரஜினிகாந்த், சிவக்குமார் ஆகியோர் பேசினர். எம்.எஸ். விஸ்வநாதன் ஏற்புரையாற்றினார். பத்திரிகையாளர் சோ ராமசாமி, சமக தலைவர் சரத்குமார் மற்றும் அமைச்சர்கள், திரைப்பட நடிகர், நடிகைகள், முக்கிய பிரமுகர்கள் என ஏராளமானோர் பங்கேற்றனர்.

app_engine
30th August 2012, 01:13 AM
It should be interesting to see what rAsA talked about MSV in the presence of JJ :-)

yArAchchum youtube link pOdungappA...

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
30th August 2012, 08:03 AM
IR attending felicitation of mellisai mannarkaL (http://www.dinamani.com/edition/story.aspx?&SectionName=Cinema&artid=652351&SectionID=141&MainSectionID=141&SEO=&Title)

http://nikhilscinema.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Celebrities-at-Jaya-Tv-14th-Anniversary-22.jpg

http://nikhilscinema.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Celebrities-at-Jaya-Tv-14th-Anniversary-25.jpg

http://nikhilscinema.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Celebrities-at-Jaya-Tv-14th-Anniversary-29.jpg

http://nikhilscinema.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Celebrities-at-Jaya-Tv-14th-Anniversary-40.jpg

http://nikhilscinema.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Celebrities-at-Jaya-Tv-14th-Anniversary-66.jpg

sivasub
30th August 2012, 08:46 AM
http://www.thehindu.com/arts/music/article3827816.ece

Ilaiyaraaja is a genius, said Anil. “Absolutely the last of the true composers before they all became compositors.” A ‘cartooned’ Ilaiyaraaja could be seen playing on a piano with ‘Orampo Rukmini Vandi Varudhu’ spiralling out above and then there was A.R. Rahman, with his halo of hair and ‘Chaiya Chaiya’. And of course, the slum dog with the words ‘Jai Ho’.

Gregorysab
30th August 2012, 12:27 PM
Surprised to see KB and Ilaiyaraaja sharing good vibes!

KV
30th August 2012, 12:47 PM
Found two tiny clips with excerpts from an interview of Vairamuthu on the soundcloud link (http://soundcloud.com/mrnags/kaatrai-konjam-full-song).
In one of it he says (not verbatim) - Raaja, while speaking on stage (on some occasion), had commented about VS Narasimhan saying the latter is a very intelligent musician, someone whom he placed higher than himself. KB had also attended the function. The next thing that happened was VSN getting a call from KB to score for his film Achamillai achamillai.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
30th August 2012, 01:24 PM
விழாவில் இளையராஜா பேச்சு சுருக்கமாக, ஆனால் கச்சிதமாக இருந்தது.
அவர் பேசியது:

கேட்கக் கேட்கத் திகட்டாத பாடல்களைத் தந்து நம் உள்ளங்களைக் கொள்ளை கொண்ட மெல்லிசை மன்னர்கள் விஸ்வநாதன் - ராமமூர்த்திக்கு முதல்வர் இப்படி பெரிய பாராட்டுவிழா நடத்தியிருப்பது மிகவும் மகிழ்ச்சிக்குரியது.

சிறு வயதில், நான் படிக்க மிகவும் கஷ்டப்பட்ட காலம். அப்போது பள்ளிக்குப் போகும் நேரம் போக, மீதி நேரத்தில் வைகை அணையில் வேலை செய்து கொண்டிருந்தேன். அங்கு ஹோஸ் பைப்பில் தண்ணீர் பாய்ச்சுவது என் வேலை.

ஸ்ரீதர் சார் என்றால் எங்களுக்கெல்லாம் அப்படி ஒரு ஆசை. எங்களுக்கெல்லாம், எனக்கு, பாரதிராஜாவுக்கு, அண்ணன் பாஸ்கருக்கெல்லாம் அவர்தான் ஹீரோ. வெண்ணிற ஆடை படப்பிடிப்புக்காக அவர்கள் வைகை அணைக்கு வந்திருந்தபோது நானும் மற்றவர்களும் கூட்டத்தோடு கூட்டமாக பார்த்த முதல் ஷூட்டிங் அதுதான். அந்த ஷூட்டிங்குக்காக முதல்வர் புரட்சித்தலைவி அவர்களும் அன்று வந்திருந்தார்கள். ஒரு பாடல் காட்சி படமாக்கப்பட்டது. அம்மம்மா காற்று வந்து ஆடை தொட்டுப் போகும் (பாடிக் காட்டுகிறார்...) என்ற பாடலுக்கு அவர்கள் நடித்தார்கள்.

மிக அருமையான பாடல். என் நினைவு தெரிந்த நாள் முதலாய் நான் கேட்டது கேட்டுக் கொண்டிருப்பது அண்ணன் எம்எஸ்வி அவர்களின் இசையைத்தான். எத்தனையெத்தனை பாடல்கள். ஒவ்வொன்றும் கேட்கத் திகட்டாதவை. என் உடம்பில் நாடி நரம்பிலெல்லாம் அந்த இசைதான் ஓடிக் கொண்டிருக்கிறது. இன்று எனக்குள் இருக்கும் இந்த இசை அண்ணன் எம்எஸ்வி போட்ட பிச்சைதான். அவர் தூ என துப்பியதுதான்.. அவர்களை வேறு என்ன சொல்லி வாழ்த்தினாலும் சரியாகாது. இசை வடிவங்களாகத் திகழும் இந்த மேதைகளை உரிய நேரத்தில் கவுரவித்த முதல்வர் அவர்களுக்கும், ஜெயா டிவிக்கும் எனது மனமார்ந்த நன்றியைத் தெரிவித்துக் கொள்கிறேன்.

-இவ்வாறு இளையராஜா பேசினார்.

app_engine
30th August 2012, 06:42 PM
Good speech!

Question - Is 'veNNiRa Adai' debut for JJ? (It was possibly so for Moorthy & Nirmala who both carried that tag as permanent adai mozhi for them)

SoftSword
30th August 2012, 06:47 PM
enga thalaivar varaliyaa??

Plum
30th August 2012, 09:34 PM
Ofcourse, it was her debut app. Sridhar rejeetted Heme Malini and selected tamizhaga mudhalvar daaktar puratchi thalaivi.

adhu irukkattum

முதல்வர் புரட்சித்தலைவி

IR mEdialaiyE ipdi dhAn sonnArA, illai puratchi thalaivinu reporters add paNNittAngaLA?

Plum
30th August 2012, 09:35 PM
indha matter ERkanavE IR TiS US promotionla maRRUm Jeyakanthan paaraattu vizhaala sonnadhu dhAn(Vaigai dam, thoonu thuppinadhu etc)

MADDY
31st August 2012, 12:08 PM
enga thalaivar varaliyaa??

Rajinikanth was sitting right next to Jaya.......

if u r talking abt AR, no, he didnt turn up......out of town ringtone

SoftSword
31st August 2012, 04:43 PM
Rajinikanth was sitting right next to Jaya.......

if u r talking abt AR, no, he didnt turn up......out of town ringtone

music department'la thalaivar'na ARR dhaan...
'did not turn up' :lol:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
31st August 2012, 05:10 PM
out of town ringtone

Oh! Periya aaLuthaan neenga!

app_engine
31st August 2012, 08:54 PM
S J Surya shaping villain character with IR mannerisms it seems, as per this kisu kisu (http://pirapalam.net/news/cinema-news/sj-220812.html)

ஏ.ஆர். ரஹ்மான் திரையிசையில் புயலாக புறப்பட்ட பிறகு, தனது இசை ராஜாங்ககத்தை பறிகொடுத்த முத்த இசையமைப்பாளர்களில் முக்கியமானவர் இசைஞானி இளையராஜா! நிஜத்தில் ரஹ்மானின் வெற்றியும் ஆதிக்கமும் ஏற்கனவே ஆட்சி செய்து கொண்டிருந்த இளையராஜாவை எப்படியெல்லாம் யோசிக்க வைத்திருக்கும் என்ற கற்பனையை ஒட்டி பிறந்த கற்பனைக் கதைதான் இது! என்றாலும் வில்லன் கதாபாத்திரதுக்கு இளையராஜாவின் சில மேனரிசங்களை சேர்த்திருக்கிறோம் " என்று ரகசியம் உடைக்கிறார்கள் கோடம்பாக்கம் கோடங்கிகள்

pauletteyc2
31st August 2012, 10:00 PM
S J Surya shaping villain character with IR mannerisms it seems, as per this kisu kisu (http://pirapalam.net/news/cinema-news/sj-220812.html)

Alcoholic music director and adding IR mannerism... Flop all the way. Wonder why we have more bad people now a days.. Perhaps more bad music and thats why. Anyways, bad and sad luck SJS.

raja_fan
31st August 2012, 11:09 PM
Alcoholic music director and adding IR mannerism... Flop all the way. Wonder why we have more bad people now a days.. Perhaps more bad music and thats why. Anyways, bad and sad luck SJS.

I think this is a rumour.
Anyways already he is a psycho and apologized openly to "all women" for vulgarity..Now this ?

Even if this is true, the context is irrelevant now..should have been made in the 90s.
Already, I think IR was "targeted" in the film Sikaram ( KB direction ? ) which protrayed Nizhalgal Ravi as a MD called "Gnaanam". He has a dialogue also which goes something like "Isai gnaanam..."

Gregorysab
31st August 2012, 11:45 PM
NEPV songs can now be purchased from flyte: http://www.flipkart.com/neethaane-en-ponvasantham/p/itmdcwzwxpdfzvtr?pid=DGADCWYGZUED7PAH

FINALLY!

popeye11
1st September 2012, 12:38 AM
NEPV songs can now be purchased from flyte: http://www.flipkart.com/neethaane-en-ponvasantham/p/itmdcwzwxpdfzvtr?pid=DGADCWYGZUED7PAH

FINALLY!

WOW Sayndhu Sayndhu.. Lovely.. What a song.. Lovely Interludes..

Katrai Konjam rocks in CD quality.

Isai Mazhai in Vanam Mella - Bagpipe? and starting chorus.. amazing

udebaqifoz
1st September 2012, 04:24 AM
I think IR was "targeted" in the film Sikaram ( KB direction ? )

KB production. Ananthu direction. But KB was fresh from his split with Raaja. So could have influenced.

PS: NEPV proves again that Raaja is timeless. Each song is from his vintage shelf.:happydance:

kr
1st September 2012, 07:00 AM
I hope one of the senior stars of the TF industry like Rajni or Kamal or Maniratnam stands up and tell that prick that it is not acceptable.....It is one thing if these idiots (the SJ Surya types) cannot comprehend the genius of IR and make use of him but to malign a person like IR who has contributed so much to the industry and the people of TN should b condemned....What has this guy done in his life apart from catering the cheapest tastes of people...

Senareb
1st September 2012, 08:48 AM
Already, I think IR was "targeted" in the film Sikaram ( KB direction ? ) which protrayed Nizhalgal Ravi as a MD called "Gnaanam". He has a dialogue also which goes something like "Isai gnaanam..."

Poovellam Kettuppaar is too in same line..

pauletteyc2
1st September 2012, 11:21 PM
I hope one of the senior stars of the TF industry like Rajni or Kamal or Maniratnam stands up and tell that prick that it is not acceptable.....It is one thing if these idiots (the SJ Surya types) cannot comprehend the genius of IR and make use of him but to malign a person like IR who has contributed so much to the industry and the people of TN should b condemned....What has this guy done in his life apart from catering the cheapest tastes of people...

Ada, sooriyana paarthu naai kolaikkudhunnu viduveengalaam, idhappoi perisu pannittu.

kameshratnam
2nd September 2012, 11:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP0wEADK8_c

SYMPHONIES IN SONGS from yesterdays NEPV function

csramasami
2nd September 2012, 02:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP0wEADK8_c

SYMPHONIES IN SONGS from yesterdays NEPV function

If I have not died immediately after listening to the above, means either I might have done a lot of sins in the previous births or GOD still wants me to see and hear in this birth itself a lot more such tributes and recognitions to IR from allover the world . A tsunami of emotions engulfing me.

CSR

kameshratnam
2nd September 2012, 04:25 PM
If I have not died immediately after listening to the above, means either I might have done a lot of sins in the previous births or GOD still wants me to see and hear in this birth itself a lot more such tributes and recognitions to IR from allover the world . A tsunami of emotions engulfing me.

CSR

C S Ramasami Sir;
Have you heard the NEP album? We need your reviews sir.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
2nd September 2012, 05:11 PM
C S Ramasami Sir,

Did you wonder at the irony that the fans are shouting and irritating to expressing that they are fans of a man who makes melody?!?

Gregorysab
2nd September 2012, 07:43 PM
Its very irritating to see people hooting when the orchestra is playing so beautifully. Crazy! This is the reason why India will never have a symphony orchestra of its own!

vem
2nd September 2012, 07:44 PM
NEPV songs can he heard from

http://www.techsatish.net/2012/08/neethane-en-ponvasantham-mp3-songs.html

First opinion: Very average; On first hearing itself, one can say that it is IR's--ironically not from the melodies of his 80's, but from his latest songs that sound all the same.

I didn't expect much from this. But, the NEPV gave some big interest to me, but I'm not sure if this will resonate with the current generation.

The melody king in Raja remains hidden, unfortunately: Has he been lost, permanently?

csramasami
2nd September 2012, 07:54 PM
Kamesh : I am the most biased person as far as IR is concerned and hence never get into reviews of His creations. But if I must answer your queries, exactly the same comment as above of mine is valid. I am in state of trance emotionally filled and speechless. (officially I am yet to receive the CD from flipkart at Dehradun)

SKV : Absolutely you are right, the first reaction of mine is , have this been recorded in the Angel studio in London itself by Gowtham , worthy stuff for irir123 to showcase to all world in future.

SVN
2nd September 2012, 08:06 PM
Saw the comments on youtube about the enthusiastic clapping and whistling by audience (upon recognizing each tune), which is considered inappropriate and rude while the orchestra is still playing.

"திடீர்னு அவன வேல் கம்ப தூக்கிப் போட்டுட்டு விஞ்ஞானம் பேச வாடான்னா எப்படி வருவான்? நீ படிச்சவனாச்சே?
கூட்டிட்டு வா, அங்கய கூட்டிட்டு வா, ஆனா அந்தப் பய மெதுவாத்தான் வருவாய்ன்! மெதுவாத்தான் வருவான்!"

Apparently Raaja came on stage after this intro medley and requested them to maintain the expected 'decorum'. I wish the MC for the day had preempted this and laid some ground rules before the orchestra started playing, keeping in mind a similar audience reaction to an earlier ARR event in which the orchestra played a medley of songs.

I guess we all need to be slowly educated on these appreciation aspects through frequent exposure and guidance through concerts like this!
Hope Raaja collaborates with more such dynamic filmmakers and helps speed up this 'education' process :)

Like SKV suggested, Goutham needs to clarify to the orchestra that played in Chennai that the thunderous response from the audience was in response to the maestro's timeless compositions.

skr
2nd September 2012, 08:12 PM
CSR Sir ,
Its ok even if you are biassed ..Please do write a review of NEPV songs when you receive your cd from Flipkart..Raaja has redefined music in this soundtrack and added a new dimension ..Would love to know your take on all the songs from this movie ..Its a humble request.

csramasami
2nd September 2012, 08:23 PM
Gowtham and IR can think of making a video with english Lyrics for "Satru Munbu" (suitably modifying the song with lesser words to fill, keeping the orchestral track in-tact) and releasing for MTV, like a James Bond film Title song. Grammy Worth stuff!!

ErneFsRurdy
2nd September 2012, 10:33 PM
Yes u r almost right .. The patterns he used in his 80/90s are missing in this ..Apart from that , western orchestra + indian vocal combination does not work out well.. Harmony is completely missing..
It is time for Raaja to compose many symphonies. Today happened to listen some old songs such as nil nil,vellai pura ondru,irandu ondrodu,nethu oruthara oruthar and etc and had great feeling than nepv songs.

ErneFsRurdy
2nd September 2012, 10:35 PM
NEPV songs can he heard from

http://www.techsatish.net/2012/08/neethane-en-ponvasantham-mp3-songs.html

First opinion: Very average; On first hearing itself, one can say that it is IR's--ironically not from the melodies of his 80's, but from his latest songs that sound all the same.

I didn't expect much from this. But, the NEPV gave some big interest to me, but I'm not sure if this will resonate with the current generation.

The melody king in Raja remains hidden, unfortunately: Has he been lost, permanently?

Yes u r almost right .. The patterns he used in his 80/90s are missing in this ..Apart from that , western orchestra + indian vocal combination does not work out well.. Harmony is completely missing..
It is time for Raaja to compose many symphonies. Today happened to listen some old songs such as nil nil,vellai pura ondru,irandu ondrodu,nethu oruthara oruthar and etc and had great feeling than nepv songs.

ErneFsRurdy
2nd September 2012, 10:39 PM
Raaja can contact more western style orchestra programs like tribute composition in audio launch .. It can be released in CD as well instead of playing old songs again and again.

rajaramsgi
2nd September 2012, 11:58 PM
It is really too quick say if this album is really good or great stuff. We may like it more and more as we hear the songs few times. These songs may fit in perfectly in the movie, let us listen to it more before we make judgements. Saying that, I personally have some reservations over some singers like Yuvan which I will have hard time to accept.

London Angel studios, Budapest Musicians are all great.. but songs recorded in chennai still sounds great and technically bright with our own home grown musicians, recording quality, style and instruments used many movies like My Dear Marthandan and is no less inferior to NEPV.

Regarding the audience behaviour in the release function, I agree with you all. Despite of Raja sir mentioning about keeping silent during the performances, no one listens and the crowd goes crazy.None of the people in this crowd is bad, all of us love him and hence we get there and get excited to see him or to listen to him, but one thing we need to understand is silence. Our man gives so much importance to it and we better learn what it means to be silent.

baroque
3rd September 2012, 01:10 AM
Its very irritating to see people hooting when the orchestra is playing so beautifully. Crazy! This is the reason why India will never have a symphony orchestra of its own!

I know... THERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE, FOLKS! :evil: BE CONSIDERATE!
MOVIES theaters too...
Can't they sit calmly without talking before the movie starts!
NO!
constant chatting, they give you head-ache even before the movie starts....:sad:
angadhan vandhu socialize pannuvanga!
Carnatic & Hindustani music rasikas attending C & H concerts remain calm and encourage the artists after their presentation!:thumbsup:
Very meditative experience!:musicsmile:

raajarasigan
3rd September 2012, 10:36 AM
Its very irritating to see people hooting when the orchestra is playing so beautifully. Crazy! This is the reason why India will never have a symphony orchestra of its own!agree with you aakarch. Being a listener of the online video, I too felt the same... but just think if you are one among the crowd. It was just the way to express the adrenalin-rush excitement when you were able to identify the song which the orchaestra were playing. I would have done the same thing :oops: May be, IR himself could have informed the fans before starting this particular masterful piece :)

This should should be recorded and released as an album with HD quality to satisfy fans like us :)

am0228
3rd September 2012, 12:31 PM
Attended the event in person and have to say that our makkal have a long way to go to appreciate aesthetics. As a courtesy we can at best keep quiet when the orchestra is playing and maybe give them a standing ovation after its done. You just cannot hoot/whistle while in play. Its not there in our DNA. We are not watching a cricket match. Performers can get distracted with all these hoots and could end up messing the show.

There was a family seated behind me with kids and I for once thought whether are we in a picnic or kids magic show event. Kids continuous chattering and grown ups incessant mobile calls. Our tastes and sense of avai adakkam are despicable. If you have to come hear live music then learn to behave.

Raja deserves better than this.

I would rate the album as Raja's top 5. Please listen to Kaatre Konjam's charaman and the violin backups as Karthik is singing. It cannot be human.

Hope Gowtham has come up with some great visuals and not remove any of the songs in the movie

-Anand

Plum
3rd September 2012, 01:08 PM
Carnatic crowd dijiplinedA? canteenla bhajji vaasanai pidichu ezhundhu pORA koottam dhANE? :shock:

TM Krishna has the habit of refusing to sing until these canteen-going, gossip mongering crowd settles down in silence.

indha class-conscious commentslAm sirippai dhAn vara vazhaikkiRAdhu.

:manisaarkodumaisugaasinieffect:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
3rd September 2012, 02:03 PM
Yov, bajjikkaaga elunthu pOravan thaaraaLamaa pOttum. But irukkavan silent aa illaama eppadi kathuraan paarunga! In that symphony vid, the 2nd line of Mayanginen Solla Thayanginen went inaudible :( (That will be audible in the TV telecast athu vera vishamaym)

kameshratnam
3rd September 2012, 04:42 PM
SKV mentioned a very good point during our telephonic conversation. IR said please dont whistle and every one of us followed it and there was a group which was not prepared to do it.

Note: THis group gave a standing ovation and applause and mention when GVM mentioned Vinnai thandi varuviya. So we know who they were ....a bunch of losers

Good point SKV

Senareb
3rd September 2012, 07:46 PM
http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/sep-12-01/balu-mahendra-ilayaraja-03-09-12.html

Balu Mahendra with Ilayaraja again :bluejump:

The veteran director Balu Mahendra, whose Moondram Pirai, Moodupani, Azhiyaadha Kolangal and many such are considered masterpieces, has divulged that he has at least 6 projects in hand. He has already started his next film and in a recent event announced that Ilayaraja will compose the music for all his forthcoming films as always.

Though the legendary director hasn’t disclosed any details of the film, he said he is very happy with the way things have started for him. The first day of his shoot was surprisingly witnessed by Ilayaraja, whom the director respects very highly. Balu Mahendra has also observed his presence on the sets as a good sign and he says that he is sure of the film’s success.

venkkiram
3rd September 2012, 08:32 PM
Balu Mahendra with Ilayaraja again :bluejump: I thought he retired from his services due to health issue. Good that he starts his innings back. Wish that happen.

rajaramsgi
3rd September 2012, 08:49 PM
http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/sep-12-01/balu-mahendra-ilayaraja-03-09-12.html
Balu Mahendra with Ilayaraja again :bluejump:

பாலு மகேந்திரா அனுபவமுள்ள பெரிய மனுஷன். அவருக்கு தெரியும் ராஜா சாரின் அருமை பெருமைகள்.

அவரிடம் தானே வளர்ந்தான் பாலா? சேது படம் பண்ணி கொண்டு இருந்த நேரத்தில் உலகமே தன்னை ஒதுக்கி விட்டது, ஆனால் தனக்கு ஊக்கமும், நம்பிக்கையும், அன்பையும் அந்த நேரத்தில் விடாமல் அள்ளி தந்தது நடிகர் சிவகுமாரும், ராஜா சாரும் மட்டும் தான் என்று சரியாக பத்து ஆண்டுகளுக்கு முன்பு புளங்காகிதமடைந்து கொண்டிருந்த பாலாவின் அடுத்த படமான பரதேசிக்கு ராஜா சாரின் இசை இல்லையாம்.

பாலா மகேந்திராவிடம் சினிமாவை கற்றுக்கொண்ட பாலா, நன்றியையும் விசுவாசத்தையும் கற்றுகொள்ளவில்லை.

Plum
3rd September 2012, 09:02 PM
Sakal - not just going out. Thona thonannu pesikkaRadhu, "nalla irukke indha necklaceu"nu niraval nadul solRadhu - ellaa ketta pazhakkamum carnatic crowdukkum undu. Some class conscious sugaasini like ppl think carnatic crowd is better. Adhukkaga sonnen.

MumbaiRamki
3rd September 2012, 09:27 PM
பாலு மகேந்திரா அனுபவமுள்ள பெரிய மனுஷன். அவருக்கு தெரியும் ராஜா சாரின் அருமை பெருமைகள்.

அவரிடம் தானே வளர்ந்தான் பாலா? சேது படம் பண்ணி கொண்டு இருந்த நேரத்தில் உலகமே தன்னை ஒதுக்கி விட்டது, ஆனால் தனக்கு ஊக்கமும், நம்பிக்கையும், அன்பையும் அந்த நேரத்தில் விடாமல் அள்ளி தந்தது நடிகர் சிவகுமாரும், ராஜா சாரும் மட்டும் தான் என்று சரியாக பத்து ஆண்டுகளுக்கு முன்பு புளங்காகிதமடைந்து கொண்டிருந்த பாலாவின் அடுத்த படமான பரதேசிக்கு ராஜா சாரின் இசை இல்லையாம்.

பாலா மகேந்திராவிடம் சினிமாவை கற்றுக்கொண்ட பாலா, நன்றியையும் விசுவாசத்தையும் கற்றுகொள்ளவில்லை.

He first went to YUvan for this ( like he did for Nandha ) . Yuvan did not have dates and hence went to GVP

app_engine
3rd September 2012, 09:29 PM
Yuvan did not have dates and hence went to GVP

Why not back to rAsA, is the kostin :-)

I don't think rAsA needs a "lot of time" to compose or meet Bala specs :roll:

'mAttEn'nu sollittArA enna?

Senareb
3rd September 2012, 09:34 PM
I remember, Bala first approached to Raaja sir for Nandha.. bt Raaja sir gave opportunity to U1..

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
3rd September 2012, 10:01 PM
Bala pOi Gautam Vanthaaru DumDumDum! Atleast for 1 film! but the effect Gautam created equal to 10 films, no?! Be haappy saar!

baroque
3rd September 2012, 10:15 PM
plum, see.....they leave the hall to eat bhaji, vadas etc...
while the artists are performing, at least the places I attend at San Jose - CM & HM concerts, I am happy!
it's good.

kameshratnam
3rd September 2012, 10:58 PM
Super stuff told by Balumahendra in the NEP Release function

I shot my 1st scene in the PRasad Recording studio where Raaja sir records. I Kept my camera angle and saw for the 1st shot and my shot had raaja in it . He came down from the car and he stood there. Wow what a 1st shot it just happened :).. Raaja then took a flower pot and covered something and said now you can proceed the shooting... what was it.why did he do it...because Balu mahendra had a hospital set put in prasad studios...and the name prasad recording theatre was visible and raaja covered it with a flower pot and went inside :) :)

rajkumarc
3rd September 2012, 11:04 PM
'mAttEn'nu sollittArA enna? Might be possible, as IR was not happy with the level of violence in Bala's Naan Kadavul and had asked him to tone it down for future films if he wants his music. Not sure how true this is, vaguely remember reading this somewhere.

vem
3rd September 2012, 11:13 PM
While it's true that BM has directed some wonderful movies, his woeful performance in his recent Julie Ganapathy and Adhu Oru Kanakalam cast a pale shadow on his upcoming movie: IR's songs, although not in the same league as in the 80's, were hummable in both movies.

Remains to be seen if both veterans can recapture their magic in this movie--else, the movie will be taken off the theaters in just a week, just as AOKK.

IMHO

K
3rd September 2012, 11:20 PM
http://ohoproduction.blogspot.com/2012/09/blog-post_4264.html

MelHarmony
3rd September 2012, 11:35 PM
I know... THERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE, FOLKS! :evil: BE CONSIDERATE!
MOVIES theaters too...
Can't they sit calmly without talking before the movie starts!
NO!
constant chatting, they give you head-ache even before the movie starts....:sad:
angadhan vandhu socialize pannuvanga!
Carnatic & Hindustani music rasikas attending C & H concerts remain calm and encourage the artists after their presentation!:thumbsup:
Very meditative experience!:musicsmile:

well said! never will India have a symphony orchestra! ! our people dont know how to behave in public during live performance....In live music, the audience play an important role by acting as a sound dampner and also feedback mechanism....this well researched in european church coir music fraternity. They have a separate branch of engineering called church hall acoustics... also I was disturbed by the interviews being slotted in the middle of the songs...the orchestra had lost mementum by the time GVM returned to the stage...they went to have bajji/vadai :O

baroque
4th September 2012, 12:01 AM
oh! really, so this presentation is different from Rahman's VTV audio release!
I yet to see the videos!

This randomly making enthu screams not only affect the artist's concentration and flow of the concert and also harmful for people with health demands.
There are people with auditory sensitivities! They deserve to enjoy their favorite artists live music just like us.
If we orderly clap or encourage at the end of the piece, they can manage by closing their ears or stepping out for a min etc...
come on, we all can co-exist!

KV
4th September 2012, 01:30 AM
B(K) had posted this in the TFM section; not sure if this one's here already.
Mayilsaami on ManathOdu Mano, speaks about IR and then sings Umbargatkarase from Thiruvasagam. Whattay rendition! Gooseflesh stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cgq7LZXeok&amp;feature=player_embedded

KV
4th September 2012, 01:37 AM
It likely that this feller isn't musically trained, but look at how his rendition transcends from the normal to a different emotional stratosphere altogether!
The impact of this album is perhaps something that words can't do justice to. Raasappu :bow:

Plum
4th September 2012, 08:09 AM
This clever manipulation dhaavENAngaRadhu? Nobody is defending the whistling or disorderly behaviour in IR concert. Carnatic conceet-ai ideal manidhargalaai sithtarippadhu muttalthanamnu dhaane sonnen? Adhai apdiye ulta panni naan ennamo whistle pannavalukku vakkalathu vaangina maadhiriye effect koduththu straw man create panna vendiyadhu :huh:.
And no, leaving the hall for bhajji when performers are busting their guts isn't any less criticism worthy. Besides, it is not as if carnatic crowd doesn't make unwanted noises(as I said "indha neckalce engadi vaanguna"). Read my lips - crowd misbehaviour is not a class thing. We indians are not respectful of anything. Carbatc, light or hindustani. Class conscious comments=sugaasini. Thasaall.

baroque
4th September 2012, 09:33 AM
ok, plum, I got it.:-D

naan poyi raja pattu kekkaporen...:musicsmile:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
4th September 2012, 10:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWAPZWy4FgI

baroque
5th September 2012, 12:15 AM
Sakala:ty:

what a precious video!

GVM, Great job!:thumbsup:

fascinating

Raja is talking about my perennial favorite female solos!

Mai Ri Main Kase Kahoon .....Lataji works for her Guru Madan Mohan.
Poignant situation created by the director for composer Madan Mohan! DASTAK
Paalirukkum pazhamirukkum......Sushi - MSV-TKR! PAAVA MANNIPPU!:musicsmile:

Oru poongavanam......Janu....Raja's piano- violin delight, sensuous composition!

I enjoy all those compositions Raja is mentioning leisurely tonight!

HURRAY TO INDIAN FILM MUSIC COMPOSERS! :-D

KV
5th September 2012, 01:21 AM
sakala... kOdana kOdi nandrigal! :ty:

wow O wow! that was amazing! See, now this is what I've been saying about making the man comfortable and then allowing him to speak about music... it was just flowing there, so naturally! (yeah, the episode might've been rehearsed, but the flow was really nice).

There are nice little gems in that 5 songs session, which by the way, was a novel idea by GVM - to make Raaja do an unplugged version of his songs! Gvm, you're a man of taste! :clap:
Oru poongavanam - the way he explains his 'approach' to the composition, this is the sort of stuff that I'm dying to listen to. He first talks about how he had 'deliberated' on doing something different for a routine 'heroine in a swimming pool' situation song. Then he speaks about how he had a 'specific' ragam 'at that moment' which he wanted to utilize, but was scared if it would be too 'classical' or 'heavy', as a result of which he 'shapes' his tune showing only the 'traces' of the scale he intended to use. The way he plays the ragam, highlights certain phrases and maps that to the lines in the tune... goosebumps! :clap: Idhu dhaan. idhEdhaan saar. Gimme more of this please!

Then the one about how he sees a certain set of notes as the 'take off point' for a set of songs, and how each composer has progressed differently from there. Lovely!
Salil Choudary's Mai to kab sE khadi is paar, Madan Mohan 'mahi rE mai kaise kahoon' and finally 'nammaalu' MSV's 'paalu irukkum pazham irukkum'.
Simple perspective to look at it, but very interesting!

GVM :clap:
Raaja :clap:

(And @myself, for missing out on the chance of experiencing this live.. :hammer:)

V_S
5th September 2012, 04:28 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWAPZWy4FgI
Mikka nandri sakala. :D ada ada ada ada ada adadaa! The best part is he does not even think to showcase songs from other composers and yet how brilliantly he arrives at the similarity/variation in different tunes and between the composers. Great to see he chose one of my most favorite Madan ji's Mai re main kase kahoon and relating to paalirukkum pazhamirukkum is really a goosebump stuff! :notworthy: PEsunga pEsikittE irunga, kEttukittE irukkurOm. Kaadhil thEn vandhu paayuthu. Thanks GVM a lot.

K
5th September 2012, 07:56 AM
http://isaignanibakthan.blogspot.in/2012/09/blog-post.html

rajaramsgi
5th September 2012, 03:23 PM
http://isaignanibakthan.blogspot.in/2012/09/blog-post.html

Thank you SKV and K. I don't have any words after listening to SKV's audio link and reading through the above link. My respects for NEPV songs and GVM increased several folds now.

தோன்றின் புகழோடு தோன்றுக...- ராஜா சார் புகழோடு பிறக்கவில்லை. புகழ் அவரை தேடி வருவதற்கு தன் தகுதியை வளர்த்துகொண்டவர்.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
5th September 2012, 06:26 PM
envazhi.com shares an exlusive news, never heard this!

http://www.envazhi.com/ilayaraaja-special/

விரைவில் தொடங்கும் ஒரு படத்துக்காக ஒரு பாடலுக்கு மட்டும் நடித்துக் கொடுக்க ஒப்புக் கொண்டுள்ளார் இசைஞானி. இந்தப் பாடல் முழுக்க முழுக்க லண்டனில் படமாக்கப்படவுள்ளது. இயக்கப் போகிறவர் செல்வா.
இந்தப் பாடலுக்கு சம்பளமாக ராஜா எந்தத் தொகையையும் நிர்ணயிக்கவில்லை. ஆனால் இயக்குநரும் தயாரிப்பாளரும் கணிசமாக ஒரு தொகையைத் தர முன்வந்துள்ளனர்!

இளையராஜாவின் கனடா இசை நிகழ்ச்சி பற்றி இன்னொரு செய்தி…
வெளிநாட்டில் இந்திய இசையமைப்பாளர் ஒருவர் இத்தனை பிரமாண்டமாக நிகழ்ச்சி செய்வது இதுவே முதல் முறை. பங்கேற்கும் கலைஞர்கள், ஏற்பாடுகள் என அனைத்துமே இதுவரை எந்த இசையமைப்பாளருக்கும் செய்யப்படாத அளவு பிரமாண்டம்!
இந்த நிகழ்ச்சியில் கிடைக்கும் தொகையில் ஒரு பகுதியை ஈழத் தமிழர் மறுவாழ்வுக்காகத் தர இசைஞானி விரும்புகிறாராம்.

And there is this unseen pic!

http://www.envazhi.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/326594_215382421923515_2107692439_o.jpg

rajaramsgi
5th September 2012, 06:44 PM
http://www.trinityeventsonline.com (http://www.trinityeventsonline.com/) is useless, not ready yet, all links in the page keeps saying this page will be coming soon.. not so professional when it comes to hosting such a mega event in a developed country.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
5th September 2012, 06:59 PM
Maybe check their fb page. Searching their name may land u in that!

kameshratnam
5th September 2012, 09:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6_Ityvh_AE&feature=related

kameshratnam
5th September 2012, 10:11 PM
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/regional/tamil/news-interviews/NEP-audio-sees-record-sales/articleshow/16265188.cms

NEP - 1 LAKH AUDIO CD SALES and 10 LAKH YOU TUBE VIEWS

Producer Kumar of RS Infotainment is a happy man now. He has every reason to be. Their production venture Neethaane En Ponvasantham ( NEP), directed by Goutham Menon with Jiiva and Samantha in lead roles, is making all headlines. The highlight is that for the first time maestro Ilaiyaraaja has joined hands with Goutham Menon for the romantic musical entertainer.

A fantabulous audio launch event took place a few says ago in Chennai, which made all heads turn towards NEP.

Says Kumar, "We are happy that NEP trailer has crossed one million viewers within three days on the Internet. We, at RS infotainment, are happy and delighted that music has become a huge hit. After several years, people were really thrilled to listen some soulful music away from electronic instruments. The new sounds has given them a great delight."

He further said, "The audio, released by Sony Music, is sold out in the market. Even before its release, over one lakh CDs were booked in advance. The musical CDs are being treasured as a rare possession by many."

At a time when downloading is rampant in the present day, the craze among people to buy these CDs has overwhelmed all of us, he adds. There are eight songs in the film and everything has found favour with the masses, he exclaims.

thumburu
6th September 2012, 12:44 AM
KV sajd :
Then the one about how he sees a certain set of notes as the 'take off point' for a set of songs, and how each composer has progressed differently from there. Lovely!
Salil Choudary's Mai to kab sE khadi is paar, Madan Mohan 'mahi rE mai kaise kahoon' and finally 'nammaalu' MSV's 'paalu irukkum pazham irukkum'.

And we understand it was "poonthendrale " from "Bhuvana oru keLvi kuri" for IR , illaya?

ErneFsRurdy
6th September 2012, 11:16 AM
any idea on sep 23 bangalore concert . Where to get tickets ..

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
6th September 2012, 11:24 AM
Its a free event. But those why done 5K will get 4 passes. Guess its sold out

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
6th September 2012, 11:34 AM
WOW! WOW!!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ahg33YjL0EeGdHQzLVd1b1dydTRhS0k1d3MzUnduL Wc&pli=1&hl=en#gid=0

1301 Songs list with Raagam ThaaLam & Discussions! #Respect #OrkutRajaThread

senthilv.com
6th September 2012, 12:41 PM
sakala... kOdana kOdi nandrigal! :ty:

wow O wow! that was amazing! See, now this is what I've been saying about making the man comfortable and then allowing him to speak about music... it was just flowing there, so naturally! (yeah, the episode might've been rehearsed, but the flow was really nice).

There are nice little gems in that 5 songs session, which by the way, was a novel idea by GVM - to make Raaja do an unplugged version of his songs! Gvm, you're a man of taste! :clap:
Oru poongavanam - the way he explains his 'approach' to the composition, this is the sort of stuff that I'm dying to listen to. He first talks about how he had 'deliberated' on doing something different for a routine 'heroine in a swimming pool' situation song. Then he speaks about how he had a 'specific' ragam 'at that moment' which he wanted to utilize, but was scared if it would be too 'classical' or 'heavy', as a result of which he 'shapes' his tune showing only the 'traces' of the scale he intended to use. The way he plays the ragam, highlights certain phrases and maps that to the lines in the tune... goosebumps! :clap: Idhu dhaan. idhEdhaan saar. Gimme more of this please!

Simple perspective to look at it, but very interesting!

GVM :clap:
Raaja :clap:

(And @myself, for missing out on the chance of experiencing this live.. :hammer:)

+ 1

Absolutely agree. So insightful.

rajaramsgi
6th September 2012, 03:36 PM
Can someone please initiate a process with SONY so NEPV can be sold via itunes music store? It will be easy for those who don't have access to buy CDs abroad can still buy it through itunes or other appstores.