28th July 2012, 01:16 PM
http://songsofage.blogspot.in/2012/07/21-11.html

"தாலாட்டுதே வானம்"

Divine22
28th July 2012, 09:51 PM
:2thumbsup: Exactly !!!

MumbaiRamki
29th July 2012, 10:08 PM
TN seshugopalan about raaja - i remember he there was a X between them . This is surprising .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C87Sg177OJc

Devaraagam
30th July 2012, 12:50 AM
TN seshugopalan about raaja - i remember he there was a X between them . This is surprising .

He sung in Aatma film correct.?

irir123
30th July 2012, 03:31 AM
interesting!

apparently, when "Mantrigari Viyankadu" was being planned, the director's original choice was KV Mahadevan, but the producer insisted on IR !

so it very much looks like who the MD is, is very much the producer's call who can override the actor/director's demand/suggestion!

it was 1983 and IR's was paid a remuneration of Rs 60,000! which is the same as the film's heroine Poornima Jayaram's remuneration!

http://www.telugucinema.com/c/publish/movieretrospect/mantrigaariviyyanakudu_retrospect_2.php

Gregorysab
30th July 2012, 01:57 PM
interesting!

apparently, when "Mantrigari Viyankadu" was being planned, the director's original choice was KV Mahadevan, but the producer insisted on IR !

so it very much looks like who the MD is, is very much the producer's call who can override the actor/director's demand/suggestion!

http://www.telugucinema.com/c/publish/movieretrospect/mantrigaariviyyanakudu_retrospect_2.php

Bapu and K.Vishwanath always had a succesfull collaboration with KVM only. Infact, it was a surprise how Bapu got Ilaiyaraaja for that film. And I dont know what made K.Vishwanath opt for Ilaiyaraaja for Saagara Sangamam when all his films succeeded musically with KVM.

In most cases, the choice of MD was/is typically producer's choice only. even in 50s/60s, the music director used to be a full-time employee for a studio. any film produced by that studio will have music by that composer only. And i think in 80s and even in 90s, its only producers who had the final say. even for Ramgopal Varma, the producers brought in Ilaiyaraaja, although he wanted Keeravani for his 1st film in 1989.

even today, in many cases, its producers who mandate things. with corporatisation in Hindi industry, it is usually a team of producers/financiers who decide the technical crew, depending upon how they want to pitch the film in the market. in those directors with a fan following, decide who they want. Its almost the same in Telugu industry also, atleast for big films. I dont know how it is in tamil now.

appushiva
30th July 2012, 08:28 PM
Wow,,, I heard the song "Nanthan Ungapanda" with headset and releived one week's stress. It is true Raja Sir's music is no time boundary. And indeed i pasted the link in my facebook
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/b01l33xj

Love the pronounciation the lady spells Ilaiyaraja....

irir123
30th July 2012, 11:09 PM
Bapu and K.Vishwanath always had a succesfull collaboration with KVM only. Infact, it was a surprise how Bapu got Ilaiyaraaja for that film. And I dont know what made K.Vishwanath opt for Ilaiyaraaja for Saagara Sangamam when all his films succeeded musically with KVM.

In most cases, the choice of MD was/is typically producer's choice only. even in 50s/60s, the music director used to be a full-time employee for a studio. any film produced by that studio will have music by that composer only. And i think in 80s and even in 90s, its only producers who had the final say. even for Ramgopal Varma, the producers brought in Ilaiyaraaja, although he wanted Keeravani for his 1st film in 1989.

even today, in many cases, its producers who mandate things. with corporatisation in Hindi industry, it is usually a team of producers/financiers who decide the technical crew, depending upon how they want to pitch the film in the market. in those directors with a fan following, decide who they want. Its almost the same in Telugu industry also, atleast for big films. I dont know how it is in tamil now.

if thats the case, then it does make sense, when a producer chooses someone other than IR as the MD, right ? after all, they are the investors and they would like to see returns for their investment ! so no point in us IR fans cribbing abt IR not being chosen as the MD for a given film - maybe all those who worked with IR earlier, are now being compelled / forced by respective producers to opt for the most in-trend/ in-form (in terms of commerical visibility) MD !

from that perspective, its amazing that NEPV audio rights have been sold for 2 plus crores !! hopefully, this will send the signals to all producers abt IR's commercial viability and he will do more films!

Gregorysab
31st July 2012, 11:13 AM
so no point in us IR fans cribbing abt IR not being chosen as the MD for a given film -

I dont know if literally 'all' producers and directors were compelled or whatever. But yes, I firmly believe that it is silly to crib about IR not being chosen as a composer by any director. The reason could be producers' insistence or even some personal reasons or anything else that we dont know. Its immaterial. We know, some of the most successful directors (who got success with Ilaiyaraaja) opt for other composers although they still respect raaja. Telugu director Vamsee still churns out a film or two every year and opts for a music director called Chakri (horrible choice, but what can we say). K.Raghavendra Rao has moved on to Keeravani, even though his films with Raaja were successful musically too. There are many such examples. even Maniratnam opted for arr for Roja because of the producer (Balachander). Its not that a director & a composer signed a "till death does us apart" pact. Directors have their own freedom (of choice) and several factors (be it financial or personal or whatever) to opt composers. Unfortunately, several fans have this immature way of seeing this as 'ditching raaja'... During Dhoni audio release period, I remembering reading a raaja fan's silly rant where he dissed out at Bharathiraaja, Maniratnam, for being arrogant (for choosing arr) and proclaimed that the future of cinema lies in the hands of people like Prakash Raaj (since he was heaping praises on Raaja during audio-release hyping). We will have to wait and watch it he will blast Prakash Raj if he doesnt take raaja for his next film :-)

We cannot usually know why a director chooses a particular composer. But in film industry, nobody is a friend forever (to utilize their services). and nobody is an enemy too. In my opinion, this happens with many composers, not just Raaja.

Sureshs65
31st July 2012, 05:34 PM
To those interested, Rax Arul ( @rexarul) will post one BGM/interlude per day as a quiz question. You can either follow Rex on twitter or you can follow this blog, where is archiving all the material. It is supposed to be a one year project !! More power to him.

http://365rajaquiz.wordpress.com/

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
31st July 2012, 07:53 PM
http://soundcloud.com/rockstar-zep/narumana-malargalin-urangaatha
http://soundcloud.com/rockstar-zep/aivagai-malargalai-adhikaram

These 2 films missing in Thiraipaadal.com.

app_engine
31st July 2012, 08:24 PM
SKV,
uRangAtha ninaivukaL is in thiraippAdal :
http://www.thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBIRR00687&lang=en

Plum
31st July 2012, 09:35 PM
Rex Arul is the guy who brought many rare Raja songs to Internet for the first time.:clap:. Guy was a tfmpage pillar in those days. Pass on my best wishes and fond memories, s65. I am not going to step into twitter for anything. Not yet.

San_K
1st August 2012, 12:55 AM
I am not going to step into twitter for anything. Not yet. mmmukhkum

app_engine
1st August 2012, 03:13 AM
May be dig, may be relevant...

amaithippadai-II by Manivannan (http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2012/07/manivannan-direct-his-50th-movie-158646.html)

Who is the MD?

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
1st August 2012, 04:25 AM
Manivannan may do a Vinu chakravarthi who went to Raja for Veli Kaathaan(what happened ya?) or Barathiraja who goes to seevi pragaasu (whatte saais saar! by whatte ferson! saais aaf the year yaa!)

AFAIK Manivannan is on high praise of Raja the Golden 80s. Ippo enna nenaikkuraarunnu therla! was spotted in some Raja concerts... Budget padam naa, Rubees.10 kuduthaa puthu payyan vanthu potruvaan. Rubees.30 micham pannalaam :wink: paappom :)

irir123
1st August 2012, 08:39 AM
yenunga ? innum 'more than appalan-oorugai' NEPV album release aagaraa madhiri therla! adhukkulla amaidhi padai-II, athiradi padai-II, noothhi oraavadhu naal ellaam ippa edhukku ?

kameshratnam
1st August 2012, 04:43 PM
Raaja sir is going to perform in different places

Sep, 23, 2012 he is performing in bangalore Told by his musician

October in London - As quoted in Kumudam today

Dec 2012 in Malaysia

Nerd
1st August 2012, 08:10 PM
naan kooda avar conert-nu ninaichEn.. Yuvar conertkku koottam sEkka indha viLambaram..

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
1st August 2012, 08:14 PM
Raaja sir is going to perform in different places

Sep, 23, 2012 he is performing in bangalore Told by his musician

October in London - As quoted in Kumudam today

Dec 2012 in Malaysia

And December that US Concert?

Intha varusham namakkellaam enjamaai thaan! Intha நெப்வ் நெப்வ் nnu oru padam varrathaa sonnaangaLe?!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
2nd August 2012, 03:27 PM
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4003741125634.2161642.1044270458&type=1

:clap:

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/s720x720/179970_4003741605646_709226373_n.jpg

rajaramsgi
2nd August 2012, 04:13 PM
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4003741125634.2161642.1044270458&type=1

is he the same guy who came to the "Neeya Nana" show with his sister and brother-in-law?

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
2nd August 2012, 04:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvHffEjeB0g

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
2nd August 2012, 04:30 PM
is he the same guy who came to the "Neeya Nana" show with his sister and brother-in-law?

yes! :)

rajaramsgi
2nd August 2012, 05:21 PM
this weeks vikatan has Raja's photos along with Rajini, JJ and others.

SKV, how do you upload photos to this page? mine goes as attachments, so one has to login to see it.

irir123
2nd August 2012, 06:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnKBo6gRcik&feature=related

which MD is he talking about at 26:30 ? (ref: when the late Balaji approached Gangai amaran for 'Vaazhvey maayam', a big MD - not IR - was pissed off and complained to Balaji "if you are not going to IR, why not me then ? why GA ?) wonder who is that MD ?

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
2nd August 2012, 06:15 PM
rajaramsgi, rightclick on the image and copy the image address. then paste it here inside the tags

For example your-image-link.jpg/png/gif

irir123
2nd August 2012, 06:32 PM
skv pls check ur PM

app_engine
2nd August 2012, 07:14 PM
complained to Balaji "if you are not going to IR, why not me then ? why GA ?) wonder who is that MD ?

Who else, most probably MSV...he was the regular for Balaji films - sujAthA, billA, savAl, thee etc. All these came during IR's prime; for some reason, Balaji didn't continue with IR after a few films initially, like deepam / thyAgam / nallathoru kudumbam. Even when he wanted alternative for MSV, he went to GA (vAzhvE mAyam / sattam).

Only after the arrival of Mohanlal into their family (as marumagan), IR got signed up for some "co-production" movies, I think. (e.g. kAlApAni)

app_engine
2nd August 2012, 07:18 PM
In any case, I was so happy those days that my fav IR was not the MD for the two movies that had the child-molester-criminals glorified by having their names for the heroes as well as titles. (billA & rangA).

irir123
2nd August 2012, 08:04 PM
hmm - didnt know that MSV wud go around complaining/cribbing abt not getting a film to compose !

app_engine
2nd August 2012, 08:44 PM
hmm - didnt know that MSV wud go around complaining/cribbing abt not getting a film to compose !

Balaji was among the few biggies that were still with MSV, after the IR-juggernaut. (Muktha Srinivasan was perhaps the only faithful who never went to rAsA). So, the frustration is understandable. After all, he wasn't St.MSV :-)

layman10
3rd August 2012, 01:18 AM
A knock out, action sequence BGM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E45dNCu590U&feature=plcp

jaiganes
3rd August 2012, 04:26 AM
And December that US Concert?

Intha varusham namakkellaam enjamaai thaan! Intha நெப்வ் நெப்வ் nnu oru padam varrathaa sonnaangaLe?!
big form padathukkapuram idhu dhaan.

Sureshs65
3rd August 2012, 12:07 PM
app_eng,

One reason the Balaji - Raja combo may not have worked out for that film could be because Balaji would have wanted Raja to transpose (better word for copy :) ) songs from the Telugu movie. Balaji always made copied movies I think and Raja may not have agreed to copy the tunes. Hence GA?. In this movie which GA was the music director, one song, "vandanam abhinanadanam" was copied from the Telugu original.

Ofcourse this is all IMO. I have no clue what happened but that Raja refused to be the MD, while GA became the MD and a Telugu original creeped in gives me this thought.

kameshratnam
3rd August 2012, 04:05 PM
Muktha films was the producer of Nayagan and some more movies with Raaja

Wasnt Kodai mazhai directed by Some muktha <name>>>>

jaiganes
3rd August 2012, 05:58 PM
app_eng,

One reason the Balaji - Raja combo may not have worked out for that film could be because Balaji would have wanted Raja to transpose (better word for copy :) ) songs from the Telugu movie. Balaji always made copied movies I think and Raja may not have agreed to copy the tunes. Hence GA?. In this movie which GA was the music director, one song, "vandanam abhinanadanam" was copied from the Telugu original.

Ofcourse this is all IMO. I have no clue what happened but that Raja refused to be the MD, while GA became the MD and a Telugu original creeped in gives me this thought.

The best song in the movie is a copy? EKSI??

irir123
3rd August 2012, 06:06 PM
why did they even need an MD for transposing/ copying ? they could have simply used the same MD chakravarthy ! doesnt make sense to me

app_engine
3rd August 2012, 06:26 PM
Sureshji,
As Gangai Amaran himself explains in the youtube video, that was precisely the reason why Balaji didn't go to MSV but to him (re-use the Telugu songs in Thamizh, as rights had been purchased wholesale and he just needed a cheaper local musician to record the dubbed songs).

GA himself admits that he re-used "only the pallavi" of mazhaikkAla mEgham onRu and I myself had heard the Telugu original of this :-) Now, as you confirm, GA wasn't honest on that video to admit yet another re-use. Still, to his credit, he tried hard to convince Balaji for inclusion of his own stuff - like Devi Sridevi. And, the song 'neela vAna Odaiyil' is perhaps the best one from GA in his career.

However, the phenomenon of "Balaji-stopped-working-with-IR" happened much before this movie. He did 3 movies with IR - deepam, thyAgam & nallathoru kudumbam - all Sivaji movies (and had TMS songs). And then stopped working with him, went back to MSV. Never came back to IR, per my memory.

A wild guess...It could have been due to the IR-TMS thingy, because of which rAsA wasn't composing for Sivaji movies themselves for a few years , i.e. until MV was found acceptable for veLLai rOjA...or Sivaji accepted the compromise for Prabhu's sake...whatever. OTOH, Sivaji's friend, Balaji, wasn't in a mood to go back to IR - possibly because he had success with MSV & then with GA / S-G (the biggest "non-star" hit of Balaji in the 80's, vidhi, had Shankar Ganesh).

app_engine
3rd August 2012, 06:31 PM
Muktha films was the producer of Nayagan and some more movies with Raaja

Wasnt Kodai mazhai directed by Some muktha <name>>>>

nanRi, I stand corrected :-)

So, Muktha too finally went to IR (may be demanded by MR)...however, around this time MSV himself worked with IR for MTK :-)

app_engine
3rd August 2012, 08:22 PM
(the biggest "non-star" hit of Balaji in the 80's, vidhi, had Shankar Ganesh).

Clarification - in this context, "star" means very big natchaththira hero - like Sivaji, Kamal, Rajini...

Plum
4th August 2012, 12:23 AM
In this movie which GA was the music director, one song, "vandanam abhinanadanam" was copied from the Telugu original.

Also, mazhai kaala megam ondru = nA kaLLu chebuthunnAyi

On Muktha, Muktha's son's debut directed by his nephew (or vice versa) was in kaNgaLin vArthaigaL, starring Vikram as second hero. Why is that relevant? Because it happens to be a remake of Nammoora Mandhaara Hoove, with the same tunes and same MD in tamil

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
4th August 2012, 03:10 AM
WOW!! WHatte Find!

http://radiospathy.blogspot.in/2012/07/blog-post.html

இசைஞானி இளையராஜா இசையமைத்து பல்வேறு காரணங்களால் திரைப்படத்தில் வெளிவராத பாடல்கள் அல்லது திரைப்படமே வெளிவராது தொலைந்த பாடல்கள் என்று "மணிப்பூர் மாமியார்" காலத்தில் இருந்து அண்மைய "நந்தலாலா" வரை சில நூறு தேறும். படம் வெளிவருவதற்கு முன்பே பாடல்கள் வெளியாகிப் பிரபலமாகுவது ஒருபக்கம் இருக்க, படம் வந்ததா வராததா என்று கூடத் தேடிப்பார்க்காமல் ராஜாவின் பாடல்களைத் தேடி ரசிக்கும் ரசிகர் கூட்டத்தில் நானும் ஒருவன். அதுவும் கிடைத்தற்கரிய பாடல்களை இயன்றவரை தரமான இசைத்தட்டாக வாங்கிச் சேமிக்கும் வழக்கமுண்டு.
அப்படியானதொரு படம் தான் "கண்ணுக்கொரு வண்ணக்கிளி". இன்று நண்பர் கிருஷ் இந்த "கண்ணுக்கொரு வண்ணக்கிளி" படத்தின் பாடல்களைப் பற்றி விசாரித்தபோது உள்ளூரச் சந்தோஷம். ஏனென்றால் இப்படியான அரிய பாடல்களைக் கேட்டு ரசிக்கும் சக நண்பர்களையும் அவ்வப்போது இனங்காண முடிவதில். இசைஞானி இளையராஜா இப்படி மணி மணியாகக் கோர்த்த இசையை ஏண்டா எடுப்பாகப் படம் பிடிக்கும், மொக்கைக் கதையில் இடையில் செருகும், அல்லது பாடலையே சேர்க்காத இயக்குனர் பட்டியல் மேல் எனக்குத் தார்மீகக் கோபம் வருவதுண்டு. ஆனால் நண்பர் கோ.அரவிந்தன் (@tpkd)சொன்னது போல, "நல்ல தண்ணிக் கிணற்றில் என்ன போட்டாலும் நல்ல தண்ணி தானே வரும்" என்று மனசை ஆற்றிக் கொள்வது தான் சரி.

இன்றுவரை இந்தப் படத்தை இயக்கியவர் யார், நடித்தவர்கள் யார் யாரென்று எந்தத் தகவலும் கிட்டவில்லை. ஆனால் மணி மணியாக மொத்தம் ஒன்பது பாடல்கள். அதில் இரண்டு பாடல்கள் ஒரே மெட்டில் ஆனால் இருவேறு பாடகர்கள் பாடும் வண்ணம் அமைக்கப்பட்டிருக்கிறது. இந்தப் படத்தின் பாடகர்கள் பட்டியலைப் பற்றிப் பார்த்தபோது லதா மங்கேஷ்கர், ஆஷா போன்ஸ்லே சகோதரிகளின் இரண்டு பாடல்கள் உண்டு. என் சிற்றறிவுக்கு எட்டியது வரை தமிழில் லதா மற்றும் ஆஷா போன்ஸ்லே சகோதரிகள் ஒரே படத்தில் பாடியது என்றால் இந்தப் படமாகத் தான் இருக்கும்.
கே.ஜே.ஜேசுதாஸ், எஸ்.பி.பாலசுப்ரமணியம், P.சுசிலா, மனோ ஆகியோரோடு இசைஞானி இளையராஜாவும் பாடியிருக்கிறார். கூடவே எஸ்.ஜானகி, சித்ராவையும் சேர்த்திருந்தால் எண்பதுகளின் உச்ச நட்சத்திரப்பாடகர்கள் சேர்ந்த படமாக இது இருந்திருக்கும். ஒரேயொரு பாடலை அனுராதா என்ற பாடகி பாடியிருக்கலாம், அனுராதா பட்வால் ஆக இருக்கலாம். வேறு யாரும் அப்போது அந்தப் பெயரில் பாடியதாக நினைவில் இல்லை.
சரி இனிப் பாடல் தொகுப்பிற்குப் போவோம்

K
4th August 2012, 02:08 PM
http://thadagam.blogspot.in/2012/07/1.html

எந்த இசைக்கருவினைத் தேர்வு செய்து பாடலினை இயற்றினாலும், அந்தக் கருவியில் இருந்து வரும் நாதமானது நமது உயிரினை சாதாரணமாக உலுக்கி சென்றுவிடும். அதற்கு காரணம் இசைக்கருவி மட்டுமல்ல. அதை விட அதற்கு அவர் ஊட்டிய உயிர். அதனை நூற்றுக்கணக்கான பாடல்களில் உணர்ந்திருக்கிறேன். ஒவ்வொரு முறையும் முன்பு கேட்ட பாடலை இப்போது கேட்கும் போதும், கேட்காத ஒரு பாடலை கேட்கும் போதும் அதனை உணர்கிறேன்.

அவருடன் பணியாற்றிய கலைஞர்கள் என்ன புண்ணியம் செய்தவர்கள். அவருடைய இசையை வாசிக்கும் வரம் பெற்றவர்கள்; பாடும் பேறு பெற்றவர்கள். அப்பப்பா! எனது வாழ்நாள் லட்சியமே, ஒரு முறையாவது அவரை நேரில் சந்தித்து ஆசி வாங்குவது தான். என்னைப் போல எத்தனையோ கோடிக்கணக்கான மனிதர்களுக்கு வாழ்க்கையின் மேல் ஓர் பற்றினை உண்டாக்கியதில் ராஜா அவர்களுக்கு மிக, மிக முக்கியமான பங்கு உண்டு. அவரையும், அவரது பாடல்களையும் வாழ்வு முடியும் வரை மறக்க இயலாது.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
4th August 2012, 03:25 PM
Interested parties can use their services!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=404454936279723&set=a.109353422456544.13295.100001456597753&type=1&theater

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/539177_401569249901625_403818654_n.jpg

kameshratnam
4th August 2012, 04:04 PM
I purchased moonam pakkam vcd:

Here are some BGMS

http://soundcloud.com/kameshratnam/moonam-pakkam-titles

http://soundcloud.com/kameshratnam/thamarai-kili-love-theme

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
4th August 2012, 11:59 PM
Madurai Book release function

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/562712_505070356173635_890428601_n.jpg

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
6th August 2012, 04:10 PM
//digg

Nikil Murugan ‏@onlynikil (https://twitter.com/onlynikil) Maniratnam 's Blockbuster Agninatchathiram to remade .Talks are on with Dharani to direct..&Prabhu,Karthiks son to act in their role... //end digg

Just thinking who will do music!

jaiganes
6th August 2012, 06:45 PM
//digg

Nikil Murugan ‏@onlynikil (https://twitter.com/onlynikil) Maniratnam 's Blockbuster Agninatchathiram to remade .Talks are on with Dharani to direct..&Prabhu,Karthiks son to act in their role... //end digg

appo Gandhikku naer nnu oru padam vanche with visai and poorya? adhu enna?

layman10
6th August 2012, 07:06 PM
//digg

Remix pannaama vittaa podhum.

Kimrep
6th August 2012, 07:44 PM
என்று தணியும் இந்த ரீமேக் மோகம்?!

I seriously doubt anyone will even pitch it to IR, I think they will be scared to even go near Prasanth studios with this idea in mind.

app_engine
6th August 2012, 08:28 PM
Look at how websites give title to news reports :

Vijay Antony does what was expected of Ilayaraja (http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-events/Vijay-Antony-does-what-was-expected-of-Ilayaraja-31-07-12.html)

“I initially wanted Ilayaraja sir to compose the music. But I‘m very happy that Vijay Antony could provide whatever I had in my mind.”

:-)

app_engine
6th August 2012, 08:33 PM
more remakes cominggu (http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/news/2012/08/udayanidhi-remake-aanpaavam-159153.html)

ஓகேஓகே வெற்றிக்குப் பிறகு, பெரிய வெற்றிப் படத்தைத் தந்தாக வேண்டிய கட்டாயத்தில் உள்ள உதயநிதிக்கு, ஆண்பாவம்தான் அதற்கேற்ற சரியான படம் என்று ஆலோசனை சொல்லப்பட்டதாம்.

அவரும் படத்தை மீண்டும் ஒருமுறை பார்க்க, பாண்டியராஜன் பாத்திரத்தில் தானும், பாண்டியன் பாத்திரத்தில் சந்தானமும் நடித்தால் பொருத்தமாக இருக்கும் என முடிவு செய்துள்ளாராம்.

படத்தை இயக்க மீண்டும் ராஜேஷையே கேட்டுக் கொண்டுள்ளாராம் உதயநிதி

app_engine
6th August 2012, 08:44 PM
dinamaNi vimarsanam for IR's recent book (http://www.dinamani.com/edition/story.aspx?&SectionName=Book%20Reviews&artid=640002&SectionID=187&MainSectionID=187&SEO=&Title)

எனக்கு எதுவோ உனக்கும் அதுவே - இளையராஜா; பக்.144; ரூ.150; குமுதம் பு(து)த்தகம் வெளியீடு, சென்னை-10; )044-2842 6124.

இசையமைப்பாளர் இளையராஜாவின் உள்ளத்தில் ஒளிந்திருக்கும் கவித்துவமான சிந்தனைகளை தத்துவார்த்தரீதியில் வெளிப்படுத்தும் தொகுப்புதான் இந்நூல். இளையராஜா ஆன்மிகம் குறித்தே அதிகம் சிந்திக்கிறார் என்பதற்கு இதில் உள்ள பல கவிதைகள் சான்று.

"நடுத்தர வயதிலேயே பாம்பு சட்டையை உரிப்பதைப் போல, பசுமரம் பட்டையை உரிப்பதைப் போல, உலகாயத விஷயங்களை உதறி தாமரையிலைத் நீராய் ஒட்டியும் ஒட்டாமலும் இருக்கப் பயின்றவர்' என்று கவிஞர் வாலி நூலின் அணிந்துரையில் குறிப்பிடுவது நூற்றுக்கு நூறு உண்மைதான் என்பதை இத்தொகுப்பைப் படிக்கும்போது உணர்ந்து கொள்ளலாம்.

"ஒருவன் மகிழ்ச்சியாக இருக்க
அவனுக்குத் தேவை
அவன் மனம் மட்டுமே!
ஆனால்,
அதை வைத்துக் கொண்டு
அவன்
துக்கத்தை மட்டுமே அனுபவிக்கிறான்'

என்ற வரிகள் மிகச் சாதாரணமாகத் தோன்றினாலும் மனதை அப்படியே படம் பிடித்துக் காட்டுவதுபோல் அமைந்திருக்கிறது.

நூலின் அச்சும் வடிவமைப்பும் நேர்த்தியாக இருக்கின்றன

app_engine
6th August 2012, 08:47 PM
There's another news item in dinamaNi that says this :

ஏர்.ஆர்.ரகுமானை தொடர்ந்து இசையானி இளையராஜாவும் பிரமாண்ட இசை நிகழ்ச்சி ஒன்றை நடத்த முடிவு செய்துள்ளார்.

இதற்காக அவர் லண்டனை தேர்வு செய்திருக்கிறார்.

அக்டோபர் மாதம் நடைபெற இருக்கும் இந்த இசை நிகழ்ச்சியில் இளையராஜா இசையில் பாடிய அனைத்து பின்னணிப் பாடகர்களும் பங்கேற்கின்றனர்.

இந்த பிரமாண்ட இசை நிகழ்ச்சியின் ஒளிபரப்பு உரிமையைப் பெற முக்கிய சேனல்கள் பேச்சுவார்த்தையில் ஈடுபட்டுள்ளன

San_K
6th August 2012, 11:19 PM
appo ammerikka illaiya

irir123
7th August 2012, 04:30 AM
என்று தணியும் இந்த ரீமேக் மோகம்?!
I seriously doubt anyone will even pitch it to IR, I think they will be scared to even go near Prasanth studios with this idea in mind.

kodumai - Disco shanthi theme, nirosha theme rangela ellaam endha contemporary (non-IR) composer kudukka mudiyum ? tamil cinema is going from bad to worse - andha alavukku scarcity of original plots/ themes

irir123
7th August 2012, 04:33 AM
dont know if this was posted here or not:

http://wogma.com/movie/hello-jai-hind-review/

"A special mention must go to maestro Illaiyaraaja, who has given the music for the film. Few men can come up with melodies that go with the moment or the occasion like the great man, and his music is an asset to this film. Be it the ‘Ganpati Ala’ track or the songs sung by Sukhwinder, Kailash Kher and Hariharan respectively, the music is from the soul - not the kind that would find its way into iPods across the nation, but the kind which one would not fast-forward while watching on DVD. One only wishes that Illaiyaraaja does more films, even if they are regional or offbeat. "

kr
7th August 2012, 05:46 AM
My family and I had a great opportunity to meet IR in 2003. He was so gracious an pleasant. It was one of the greatest days of my life.

crvenky
7th August 2012, 10:46 AM
Here is the interview of composer duo Ajay-Atul

http://www.radioandmusic.com/content/editorial/just-talk/composer-duo-ajay-atul-in-another-five-years-marathi-film-industry-will-be-spotlight#story

and this is what they had to say about raaja.

And you also appreciate Illaiyaraja a lot... what do you like about him?

Atul: (excitedly) Every one should appreciate him and he deserves the highest praise. He is like God for us. We didn't learn anything from him in person, but after listening to him we got to know what is what, what is soul and that music has the power to make you speechless.

Ajay: Many people know that music can move your body, but actually it goes beyond... it can break your heart, it can play with your heart, it can inspire your heart and we learnt all that after hearing Illairaja' songs.

Thanks to @mayilsk who shared this link in twitter.

crvenky
7th August 2012, 10:47 AM
http://www.tamilpaper.net/?p=6309

இசை என்ற இன்ப வெள்ளம்

எண்பதுகளில் இருந்த தமிழ்த்திரை இசை பற்றி அந்தக்கால யுவன்/யுவதிகள் சிலாகித்துப்பேசுவது போல 90களிலிருந்து இப்போதைய 2010 வரையிலான இசை பற்றி இக்கால இளைஞர்கள் பேசுகிறார்களா? இப்போதைய இசை அவர்களுடைய அன்றாட வாழ்க்கையோடு இணைந்து பயணம் செய்கிறதா? எண்பதுகளில் கோலோச்சிய இளையராஜாவையும் , கூடவே பயணித்த சக இசைக்கலைஞர்களின் இசையையும் தங்கள் வாழ்வோடு இணைத்துப் பார்த்த பார்வை இப்போதுள்ள இளைஞர்களுக்கு இருக்கிறதா?

எனக்குத்தெரிந்து ரஹ்மானையும் யுவனையும் சிலாகித்து வெகு சிலரே இணையத்தில் விவாதிக்கிறார்கள். அவர்கள் கூட சில நாள்களுக்குப்பிறகு இளையராஜாவுக்கு தாவிவிடுகிறார்கள். அப்படியானால் அவர்களுக்கு ஒரிஜினாலிட்டி தேடிப் போகும் இயல்பு இருக்கிறது என்றுதானே அர்த்தம்? இப்போதைய இசையமைப்பாளர்கள் பூர்த்தி செய்யத் தவறும் இடம் இதுதான். அன்றைய ரசிகர்கள் பாடலின் இடைஇசையைக்கூட (interlude) ரசித்தனர். இப்போது? இப்போதைய இசை பற்றியோ இசையமைப்பாளர்கள் பற்றியோ அவர்கள் நம்மீது செலுத்தும் தாக்கம் பற்றியோ ஏதேனும் விவாதங்கள் நடைபெறுகின்றவா?

இசை இன்று மலிந்துவிட்டது என்பதுதான் உண்மை. எதை கேட்டாலும் இதன் ஒரிஜினல் வடிவம் என்ன என்றுதான் யோசிக்க தோன்றுகிறது. எதிலிருந்து இதை லிஃப்ட் செய்திருப்பார்கள் என்றுதான் மனம் கணக்கிடுகிறது. Casio, Roland என்று கீபோர்டுகள் சுலபமாக கிடைக்கும் இன்றைய காலகட்டத்தில், இசையை ப்ரோகிராம் செய்துவிட முடிகிறது. என்ன மாதிரியான பீட், எப்படிப்பட்ட வாத்தியக் கருவிகள் என்பதையெல்லாம் சொல்லிவிட்டால், ரெடிமேட் இசை ரெடி!

இப்படி இசை பற்றிய எந்தவித ஞானமும் இல்லாமல், அடிப்படைப்புரிதல்கள்கூட இல்லாமல், இவ்வாறு உருவாக்கப்படும் இசை எப்படி நெஞ்சைத் தொடும்?

இன்னொரு முக்கிய வித்தியாசம், அப்போதெல்லாம் இசை என்பது கேட்பதற்கானது. இன்றோ காட்சிகளோடு சேர்ந்து ரசிப்பதற்கானதாக மாறிவிட்டது. எனவே பார்வையாளர்களைக் கவர்வதற்காக மேற்கொள்ளப்படும் முயற்சிகள் அனைத்தும் இசையைக் கொல்வதில் சென்று முடிகின்றன.

ஐ பாட், ஐ ஃபோன், எம்பி3 போன்றவற்றில் இசையை நிரப்பி தொடர்ந்து கேட்டு சலிப்படைந்துவிடுகிறார்கள் இன்றைய ஆர்வலர்கள்.

இன்றைய இசையமைப்பாளர்கள் சர்வதேச ஆடியன்ஸை மனத்தில் வைத்தே இசையமைக்கிறார்கள். சமூக வலைத்தளங்களில் பாடல்களை பகிர்ந்துகொண்டு பல்லாயிரக்காணவர்களை ஈர்க்கத் துடிக்கிறார்கள். இந்நிலையில், சர்வதேச ரசிகர்களுக்காகவே இசையை உருவாக்கவேண்டியது அவர்களுக்கு அவசியமாகிவிடுகிறது. தனித்தும் முக்கியமில்லாமல் போய்விட்டது. நாம் உருவாக்கும் இசை உள்ளத்தைத் தொடுகிறதா என்று பார்ப்பதில்லை. இப்படி உருவாகும் இசையை போகிற போக்கில் ரசிக்க மட்டுமே முடியும்.

எண்பதுகளில் உருவான இசை வேறு ரகம். ஒரு பாடலைச் சொன்னால் இசையமைத்தவர் யார் என்பதை அவர்களால் சொல்லிவிடமுடியும். இப்போதைய பாடல்களை எப்படி வேறுபடுத்திப் பார்ப்பது என்றே தெரியவில்லை.

இன்றைய தொலைக்காட்சி சானல்களின் பெயர்களை நீக்கிவிட்டுப் பார்த்தால் எல்லாம் ஒன்றுபோல் இருப்பது போல், போஸ்டர்களில் உள்ள இசையமைப்பாளர்களின் பெயர்களை நீக்கிவிட்டால் எல்லாப் பாடல்களும் ஒன்றுபோலவே இசைக்கும். எது விற்கிறதோ அதைக் கொடுக்கிறேன் என்னும் மனோநிலையே இதற்குக் காரணம்.

இசையின் தரம் இப்படி இருக்கும்போது, ஏற்கெனவே அவசர யுகத்தில் வாழ்ந்துகொண்டிருக்கும் மக்களால் எப்படி நின்று நிதானமாக இன்றைய இசையை ரசிக்கமுடியும்? எப்படி ஒரு பாடல் அவர்கள் மனத்தில் தங்கும்? எப்படி வாழ்வோடு பிணைந்து நிற்கும்? எப்படி ஆத்மாவோடு ஒன்று கலக்கும்?

இசை மட்டுமல்ல, கலை, இலக்கியம் போன்றவற்றின்மீதும் மக்கள் ஆர்வமிழந்து வருகிறார்கள். நம் மண்ணுக்கான இசை, மண்ணின் மொழி போன்றவற்றின்மீது அவர்களுக்குப் பிடிப்பில்லை. உலகமயமாக்கலும் தாராளமயமாக்கலும் நம் ரசனை போக்கை வெகுமாக மாற்றிவிட்டது.

ஒருவர் இளமையில் கேட்டு, பார்த்து, ரசித்த விஷயங்கள்தான் அவர்களுடைய வாழ்க்கை முழுவதும் நிறைந்திருக்கும். எனில், இப்போதைய தலைமுறை யாருடைய இசையை எதிர்காலத்தில் சிலாகிப்பார்கள்?

சின்னப்பயல்

krish244
7th August 2012, 11:14 AM
Interview of Gautham Choudhary, an admirer of Salil'da. There is one reference of IR:

"...Another time, Salil told Gautam about a guitarist who was in his orchestra. “He is from Madras. I think he’s going to be the best composer in India.” This guitarist turned out to be Ilayaraja..."

http://www.thehindu.com/arts/music/article3734290.ece

thanks,

Krishnan

kameshratnam
7th August 2012, 03:44 PM
Maestro Ilaiyaraja's Live in Concert on Aug 20th Chennai........Rendering his best Symphony of life time.

http://www.indianstage.in/EventDetails.do;jsessionid=ABCC9ADE9BFD97E49F5FBEF DD406D38D?eventId=3212

K
7th August 2012, 04:04 PM
good news about "Ilaya" Raja and Gautham production.

http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2012/08/thanga-meengal-makes-gowtham-menon-cry-159146.html

raajarasigan
7th August 2012, 04:06 PM
kamesh :thumbsup: in the link, it is not mentioned as Symphony.. can you post more info on this, if you have?

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
7th August 2012, 05:27 PM
Maestro Ilaiyaraja's Live in Concert on Aug 20th Chennai........Rendering his best Symphony of life time.

http://www.indianstage.in/EventDetails.do;jsessionid=ABCC9ADE9BFD97E49F5FBEF DD406D38D?eventId=3212

hey what is this man?!? sollave illa?!? more details please!

layman10
7th August 2012, 06:03 PM

Kamesh, lets not say something by some assumptions. There are web journalist who can 'weave' news out of nothing, later someone who wants to on news will be stir up some controversy, like they did for thiruvasagam.

Update:
Sorry, this is where it says so. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1798859&l=07c3b3d495&id=110003289027824

San_K
7th August 2012, 06:07 PM
Anyway check the highest ticket price (Rs. 10K) :shock: then it should be big?

kameshratnam
7th August 2012, 06:43 PM
Kamesh, lets not say something by some assumptions. There are web journalist who can 'weave' news out of nothing, later someone who wants to on news will be stir up some controversy, like they did for thiruvasagam.

Update:
Sorry, this is where it says so. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1798859&l=07c3b3d495&id=110003289027824

layman: This is what the picture also says: I have repeated the same words. Rather copied and pasted it

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
7th August 2012, 06:49 PM
EvvalavO vishayangaL Raja Sir appdi pannirukkalaam ippdi pannirukkalaam nnu naama pesippom. Sari, athu thaan(atleast agreeable ones, good ones) nadakkala, oru show nnu mudivu panni announce pannappuram kooda pannaippurathaar ippadi araigurayaa vidalaamaa?!?

Max 3K ticketed HTNI kke a month+ veLambaram pannaanga, ithukku eppadi ellaam pannirukkanum?!? Ippadi araiguraiyaa vittaa, fans entha nambikkaila ticket vaanguvaanga?!?

Ippadi thaan website open panna porennu sonnaar. Rendu maasam aachu. oru indication um illai. Panrennu solli vanthavangaLaiyum panna vittaapla theriyala

Sso ssad :(

irir123
7th August 2012, 10:57 PM
SKV - gavanichheengalaa ?

andha concert padathulayum IR mugathha sutthi rendu samadhana puraa parakkudhu !!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
7th August 2012, 11:02 PM
Yes, Viswaroopam maathiri :D

ethai ethaiyo podurom. antha image eppadi innum yaarume post pannalai?!?

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/185949_492968287397987_123666206_n.jpg

teja
7th August 2012, 11:12 PM
Andrea Jeremiah sings for Ilayaraja! I must say, odd combination. http://www.telugucinema.com/c/publish/news/andrea_aug072012.php

teja
8th August 2012, 01:19 AM
Another new movie! "Kadhal Kanavu Kolai". Surprised to hear about this, out of the blue. Anyone has more info on this film's songs, audio release etc?

BTW, trailer is NSFW
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbtqbjUXmEY

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
8th August 2012, 03:14 AM
Compiling all the official and Rumoured ones, here goes the full list

Aug 20th Chennai --> 'Secret' Symphony! Tickets - http://www.indianstage.in/EventDetails.do?eventId=3212

Aug26 or Sep1st --> NEPV Audio in CHennai Nehru Stadium (not official though!)

Sep23rd --> Bangalore Concert. Venue and other details expected.

There is talk over air about Concerts in Canada, US Europe. They will be announced by Raja himself, at NEPV Audio

MumbaiRamki
8th August 2012, 07:15 AM
Another new movie! "Kadhal Kanavu Kolai". Surprised to hear about this, out of the blue. Anyone has more info on this film's songs, audio release etc?

BTW, trailer is NSFW
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbtqbjUXmEY

en sir idhu ..yellaam english la irukku. and usual glamour filled movie from him

raja_fan
8th August 2012, 09:45 AM
http://www.deccanchronicle.com/channels/showbiz/kollywood/raja-captivate-fans-nep-audio-launch-424

// Also, popular songs from Gautham’s flicks will be featured in the three-hour aural show that has been scheduled for September 1 at a plush auditorium in the city. //

Harris and Rahman's songs to be played in presence of IR ?
Namba mudiya villai...illai...illai....

baroque
8th August 2012, 11:09 AM
adhan...:roll:

Hey Gowtham & co!

Rasa pottu kodutha padalgal casettai veliyila konduvaanga..

vinatha

skr
8th August 2012, 04:32 PM
Guys , i just heard that its official..
Its the 1993 RPO Symphony which is going to be released on Mon the 20th Aug , 2012 from 930 AM to 130 PM.
This is indeed an earth shattering epoch making event ..

SKV or anyone else on Rajafans group on FB,
I beleive someone has posted the link on FB ..Can you please post the link here ..No FB access for me.

Nerd
8th August 2012, 05:19 PM
Is this for real? Hopefully it will air in Jaya TV soon.

தன் வாழ்நாளின் மிகச் சிறந்த சிம்பொனியை இசைக்கப் போகும் இளையராஜா – நேரடி அனுபவத்துக்கு தயாராகுங்க!

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 at 1:41 pm | 87 views

1 Comment (http://www.envazhi.com/maestro-ilayaraaja-to-perform-his-lifetime-best-symphony-on-aug-20/#respond)

சிம்பொனி இசைக்கவிருக்கும் இளையராஜா – நேரடி அனுபவத்துக்கு தயாராகுங்க!
http://www.envazhi.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/ilayaraaja.jpg (http://www.envazhi.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/ilayaraaja.jpg)
சென்னை: சிம்பொனி இசை என்றால் என்னவென்று தமிழ் ரசிகர்கள் அறியும் முன்னரே, அந்த இசையை தான் பணியாற்றிய படங்களில் வழங்கிய மேதை இசைஞானி இளையராஜா.
புதிய வார்ப்புகளில் இடம்பெற்ற இதயம் போகுதே, பன்னீர் புஷ்பங்களில் இடம்பெற்ற ஆனந்த ராகம், நெஞ்சத்தைக் கிள்ளாதேயில் வரும் ஏ தென்றலே… இப்படி பல பாடல்களைச் சொல்லிக் கொண்டே போகலாம். அரண்மனைக் கிளி படத்தில் ஒரு பக்கா நாட்டுப் புறப் பாடலில், சிம்பனி செய்து காட்டியிருப்பார் ராஜா (ராசாவே உன்னைவிட மாட்டேன்…).
லண்டன் ராயல் பில்ஹார்மனிக் குழுவுடன் இணைந்து அவர் தொன்னூறுகளில் செய்து காட்டிய சிம்பொனி, மேலை நாட்டு இசை மேதைகள் வியக்க வைத்தது. மொசார்ட், பீத்தோவன் போன்றவர்களின் இசைக்கு நிகரான கட்டமைப்பு இது என புகழ்ந்து பாராட்டினர்.
அந்த சிம்பொனியை இளையராஜா தனது ரசிகர்களுக்காக சென்னையில் வழங்குகிறார். வரும் ஆகஸ்ட் 20ம் தேதி சென்னை நந்தம்பாக்கத்தில் உள்ள வர்த்தக மையத்தில் இந்த இசை நிகழ்ச்சி நடக்கிறது. நேரம்: காலை 9.30 மணி முதல் 1.30 மணி வரை. மொத்தம் 4 மணி நேர இசை விருந்து!
http://www.envazhi.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/268644_10151352080263266_1256544567_n.jpg (http://www.envazhi.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/268644_10151352080263266_1256544567_n.jpg)
இசைஞானி தனது முழுமையான ஆர்கெஸ்ட்ராவுடன் இந்த நிகழ்ச்சியை வழங்குகிறார். சிம்பொனியை தானே இசைத்து, இடையிடையே தன் ரசிகர்களுடன் கலந்துரையாடவும் போகிறார்!
இந்த நிகழ்ச்சிக்கு அவர் சூட்டியுள்ள தலைப்பு… ‘மேஸ்ட்ரோ!’
இளையராஜா தன் வாழ்வின் ஒப்பற்ற சிம்பொனியை இந்த நிகழ்ச்சியில் இசைக்கப் போவதாக விளம்பரங்களில் குறிப்பிட்டுள்ளனர்.
ஆஹா!
-என்வழி ஸ்பெஷல்

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
8th August 2012, 05:23 PM
Ppl have posted that they saw NEPV Ads in Jaya TV. Nikil murugan says its on Septermbe 1
http://nikhilscinema.com/index1.php/news/ilayarajas-live-performance.html

A grand treat is in store for the fans of Ilayaraja, as the Isaignani will perform live at the audio launch of Neethane En Ponvasantham in Chennai on September 1.
Directed by Gautham Vasudev Menon, the film has Jiiva and Samantha in lead roles. This is for the first time Gautham has joined hands with the maestro.
On September 1, a grand music launch of Neethane En Ponvasantham will be held at an auditorium in Chennai and Ilayaraja will present a live in concert.
All the songs he had composed for the movie are expected to be played at the event. Also, it is said chartbusters of the past from the movies of Gautham and Ilayaraja will also be performed. In all, it is going to be a music filled evening

And here SKR is confirming that its indeed the symphony which is going to be played in chennai.

Sadly i see no excitement or activity here :(

skr
8th August 2012, 05:38 PM
Yes NEPV ad was posted in the morning and my friend saw it 3 times..
It seems Raja was playing Saindhu Saindhu on the Piano..
Date was initially fixed for 26th Aug , but i think they have moved it to 1st Sep.And its likely to happen at the Nehru Indoor Stadium.

Ignore NEPV ya for the time being ..it is a very chota fish when compared to something as monstrous and humungous as the RPO Symphony ..This is the biggest news right now ..NEPV pathi approm pesalaam.

KV
8th August 2012, 05:38 PM
:shock: :roll: :clap:

aasaiyin uchcham,
aanaal, nadakkumO endra achcham;
nambikkayo konjam michcham,
namakku irukka andha machcham?

:shaking:

KV
8th August 2012, 05:44 PM
subasree maami FB page la edhaavadhu pOtturkala? yArAna seththa pAththu solllungo. mudinja kodanjum paarungo.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
8th August 2012, 05:54 PM
Ignore NEPV ya for the time being ..it is a very chota fish when compared to something as monstrous and humungous as the RPO Symphony ..This is the biggest news right now ..NEPV pathi approm pesalaam.

SKR, For me, Hand is not running Leg is not running. Kindly tell us how did u confirm its RPO symph?!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
8th August 2012, 06:00 PM
KV, max discussions happened ONLY in this thread -> http://www.facebook.com/groups/IlayaRajafans/304541122978493/

I mean, about symphony. Other threads in RAja Fans ppl are discussing about NEPV but not this one!

and why the whole event is very low profile?!?

1. Too short Announcement
2. Slightly high price
3. Kind of odd time - Monday morning (Its NOT Ramjan holiday for many, as Indianstage ppl said in their website)
4. No Media Partner Announcement
5. Not advertised in any Media, except Online, What about Offline ppl?
6. Non of his kids/Subashree kind of ppl talking/promoting about it.

I guess Raja is not worried about Ticket money and the short notice, slight high price, and odd time is to filter out only best of best fans who can 'obey' him in the venue and keep silence. I mean, will enjoy WCM as it is like in any western worlds, where utmost silence is maintained while playing and Claps are ONLY in the end!

skr
8th August 2012, 06:03 PM
SKV ,
There is only one symphony which was composed way back in 1993 and never saw the light of the day..Obviously it should be that..See regarding Symphony it has been a very confidential project and not many have any news regarding this..

Regarding NEPV gonna be having a massive audio launch, news is authentic..Also Jaya TV is the media partner for that event.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
8th August 2012, 06:08 PM
If we miss NEPV, or the other concerts, no issues. we can catch them via Channels and Online. This Symphony is not like that. We don't have ANY idea about the content, leave alone media partner.

What is Kamesh ji doing, with all his great links?!?

skr
8th August 2012, 06:11 PM
Regarding the media silence ..Symphony was always a hush hush affair from 1993 and the same is happening even now .. Somehow i think we need to look at this in a different light unlike a normal concert playing high octane songs ..There could be a reason that its happening on a weekday that too in the morning hours..

Maybe , its warranted that it should be a very disciplined/respected affair and lots of rules should be followed..Anyway we will know about the eventuality max max by 20th ..

Regarding the hype , let we as fans spread the word and ensure that most of us skip office for a day and come and enjoy this momentous occassion.

skr
8th August 2012, 06:14 PM
SKV ,
If you arent already aware , Bhagavathi Manivannan who posted the news of Symphony in FB Raja Fans thread is Sasi's Son in Law and also related to the Maestro..See , the thing is none of his local musicians are aware of this and everything is confidential ..So Kamesh or anyone else cannot help ..

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
8th August 2012, 06:16 PM
My comments in Tamilpaper.net --> http://www.tamilpaper.net/?p=6309#comment-8124 Totally 3 comments

layman10
8th August 2012, 06:46 PM
SKV ,
If you arent already aware , Bhagavathi Manivannan who posted the news of Symphony in FB Raja Fans thread is Sasi's Son in Law and also related to the Maestro..See , the thing is none of his local musicians are aware of this and everything is confidential ..So Kamesh or anyone else cannot help ..

skr. Any Idea, who might be the musicians?.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
8th August 2012, 06:57 PM
SKV ,

Oh like that, aah! Its getting bigger, now! :D

skr
8th August 2012, 07:05 PM
Layman ,
His local musicians are not incolved in this project ..So its either musicians from London or Budapest.

app_engine
8th August 2012, 07:26 PM
aasaiyin uchcham,
aanaal, nadakkumO endra achcham;
nambikkayo konjam michcham,
namakku irukka andha machcham?

ada, ada, kavidha kavidha!

skr
8th August 2012, 07:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrxHz7Klb5M

kameshratnam
8th August 2012, 07:40 PM
Raaja sir has confirmed the 20th aug show

Gregorysab
8th August 2012, 07:49 PM
oh like that, aah! Its getting bigger, now! :d

:-d:-d:-d:-d

irir123
8th August 2012, 07:50 PM
Guys , i just heard that its official..
Its the 1993 RPO Symphony which is going to be released on Mon the 20th Aug , 2012 from 930 AM to 130 PM.
This is indeed an earth shattering epoch making event ..

SKV or anyone else on Rajafans group on FB,
I beleive someone has posted the link on FB ..Can you please post the link here ..No FB access for me.

SKR - i might sound like the devils advocate here, but step back and think for a minute !

1. the symphony rights are with Pyramid or AVM audio

2. if IR performs the same, he will have to pay royalty to the rights owners

3. the word 'symphony' is being used in a rather irresponsibly casual manner by the media as well as fans - for instance, media says 'IR gives a symphonic score at the end of 'madhana bhaan' song in Hey Ram' - it does NOT mean that it is a symphony by any standards - the word symphony is used as a metaphor, in a figurative sense by many and sundry even without understanding what a real symphony is!

4.that being the case, this might as well be an orchestral score by IR totally unrelated to the symphony and yet have the feel of a western classical composition! IR in his spare time (which am sure he has lots now, given that as opposed to 45-50 films a year, does less than half that last one decade or so!) must have composed/written tons of scores - it is most likely a compilation of those

5. for all that we know, they could be from his own India 24 hrs, as well as Music Messiah, TiS and variations of the Lajja, Hey Ram and other film scores (given that those copyrights are with respective producers as well)!

6. i dont how many of you know this, a few years ago, a music school affiliated to a university in Indiana, had apparently requested IR to do a score for a cross-cultural event and IR had indeed composed a special score which were played as the curtain raiser for that event ! will send the link when i find it!

7. like this, am sure IR has been doing scores on and off, that most of us are not even privvy to ! for strange reasons, IR keeps it all low-key !

8. IR himself has said in several interviews and also to ppl personally that the '1993 symphony will never come out' - so let us not jump to conclusions

9. however, copyrights issues apart, it does not mean that he cannot compose future orchestral works - which he is probably doing - a western classical music friend of mine (have several of them) told me once that even a short motif from IR's works in his film tracks can be developed into a nice little concerto, such a concerto for the flute, the piano, the strings etc!

10. my guess is that IR is most likely coming out with such scores

11. a symphony needs a huge complete orchestra! and the word itself means 'synchronization of different orchestral sounds' - syn + polyphony = symphony, with different/various movements and most importantly require PIN-DROP TOTAL SILENCE! do you think we are capable of that ?? going by what happened at the HTNI and NBW concerts, I seriously doubt that - no way can a symphony be performed with the audience hooting, howling and whistling all the time! that is ok for a rock concert but not for a symphony performance.

12. me-thinks, IR has feedback from the HTNI/NBW concerts - as a kind of reconnaissance, if you will ! - as to how we all take to his creative classical crossover works! - also a means of slowly grooming us to be better listeners / appreciators of stage/live orchestral performance

13. now he is shifting gears ! which is good and heartening ! we will likely see more of this - hopefully, this will open up ears as well as musically savvy producers approaching him for market-viable creative works ! that shouldnt be a problem, because, all IR needs is a few of these concerts, and ppl will flock

14. why am saying this ? the music appreciative ability lying hidden and latent in all of us can be easily triggered by a catalyst like IR's music ! for ex., my maharashtrian friend, who has NEVER heard of IR, needed just 5 tracks of IR - beatsy, rhythms (asai athigam vacchu, a few telugu songs) and a stern reminder that SADMA was scored by IR and not Anand-Milind (which is what he thought until i corrected him, saying AM cannot score a SADMA even if they work for a film like that their entire lifetimes!) - to get hooked to IR

15. point is - people will get hooked to IR if ONLY they listen to his music! most of India dont even know such a composer exists!! can you believe that ??

16. from that perspective, these concerts are awesomely welcome!

17. last, but not the least, hopefully you will hear interesting contributions from yours truly on the IR music - reviews front in reputed music journals etc etc !!

Gregorysab
8th August 2012, 07:53 PM
SKR, For me, Hand is not running Leg is not running. Kindly tell us how did u confirm its RPO symph?!

same koschen here!

Guys! is there any no official announcement anywhere, about the content?

Also, I dont buy the "secret" aspect associated with this. Why the secrecy? If it is indeed his 1992 symphony, it is very high profile and obviously the whole film fraternity must be already posting "all the best", "cant wait for the show" kind of stuff on twitter and in TV.

I really wish this is big. but the event still remains a mystery to me. I got to book tickets.. but it will be good if the mystery is revealed soon and not on that D day!

AravindMano
8th August 2012, 07:58 PM
Sorry to burst the bubble, I find the whole thing just our imagination. He is just going to talk as per the video.

Nerd
8th August 2012, 08:01 PM
Sorry to burst the bubble, I find the whole thing just our imagination. He is just going to talk as per the video.
Boss, avar pEsratha ellaam literal sense-la eduthikittu.. The *Tags* on the video contains instrumental/concert/music etc., It also contains Yuvan's name btw :-)

AravindMano
8th August 2012, 08:03 PM
Nerd - :S

I first thought this video is the one they posted for Raaja.com.

Nerd
8th August 2012, 08:05 PM
So you have not really seen it.. In the video posted on this page - http://youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QrxHz7Klb5M he says he is coming down to meet us. neenga ennai paarkka alla, naan ungaLai paarkkaa. adhula dhaan andha tags etc..

skr
8th August 2012, 08:06 PM
Some nice points Irir123
Yes , it may not be the 93 Symphony , but i strongly have a beleif that we will atleast get to witness unreleased music of his for 4hrs which will surely be a treat for any music fan.

Please try to find and give us the link for Point No.6
Also looking forward to your reviews of IR's music on reputed music journals. My best wishes.

Gregorysab
8th August 2012, 08:06 PM

huh? Firstly, I dont know what he said in the video because I dont know tamil. Can anyone translate?

and what do you mean he is just going to talk?

Gregorysab
8th August 2012, 08:08 PM
irir123

I had exactly same thoughts (and questions) as you expressed here. I really doubt if it is 1992 symphony.

But I am fine even if its HTNI or NBW. But I will be disappointed if it is The Music Messiah or India 24 hours. Because these albums are slightly different (composed for videos, documentaries) and hence do not have the same musical effect as HTNI or NBW.

KV
8th August 2012, 08:09 PM
'Symphony of thoughts/ideas/frequencies'. Wordplay by the media, eh?
Whatever be it, even if it's just going to be a show featuring the man speaking/discussing music (even without any acutal music being played), I'll take that happily. Things like these are long due. Any form of unwrapping the genius mind is welcome.
(I happen to be in Chennai on the 20th (that too with a very light agenda!). Stars allignment, I tell ya! Wiz/skr, enakkum oru ticket podungo pls!)

irir:
6. i dont how many of you know this, a few years ago, a music school affiliated to a university in Indiana, had apparently requested IR to do a score for a cross-cultural event and IR had indeed composed a special score which were played as the curtain raiser for that event ! will send the link when i find it!

:shock: nichchayam link pOdunga saar.

irir123
8th August 2012, 08:14 PM
aakarsh and others:

I posted to just help clarify things - we ALL have a tendency to jump to conclusions - some bloke on Facebook or somewhere made a guess abt the symphony and it has spread like wildfire!

from what some sources as well as my gut instincts say, IR will talk abt the concerts he is doing in the immediate future, as well as use these as kind of music/musicology appreciation 'workshops' / sessions, like what he did in Andhra pradesh sometime back, when he played a Mozart piece with his orchestra as well as the 'sangathil padatha kavidhai/ gum sum gum' piece to a rural crowd !

IR wants to take the rich WCM traditions to patti-thotti and all of this i guess are part of those dreams!

irir123
8th August 2012, 08:17 PM
KV - i have posted those links earlier in 2008/2009 when the news came out, in some thread or the other !

i always do my 'job'/task promptly ! but makkals dont read them at all!

so KV, are you aware that a reputed ethnomusicology journal reviewed TiS and published the same ?? i posted the link for it in 2008-2009 !

Gregorysab
8th August 2012, 08:17 PM
So its an interaction? not a full fledged concert?

AravindMano
8th August 2012, 08:19 PM
Nerd - No, I saw it. I first thought it's the same video. Even now, am not convinced it's symphony show. Let's see.

irir123
8th August 2012, 08:51 PM
guys/ friends/ makkas / comrades / brothers & sisters!

it does NOT matter if this is a symphony or a 'kutthu paattu' show !

all that matters is IR is coming out and giving an instrumental score/show for 4 hrs !

that shd be enough! go for it!

no need to speculate / harbor expectations! that is where the problem is! have least or even no expectations, except that it will be an IR special - am sure he wont disappoint us!

am not in India - else wud have purchased tickets!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
8th August 2012, 09:04 PM
irir123, you shud be in better position to answer this. Raja recorded a Symphony with RPO and the Rights which AVM/Pyramid has may be at max Audio Disc rights. not Stage performance/TV telecasting rights no? He is doing Endrendum raja and same being telecasted and he as a composer has reproductive rights, except Selling the recorded work on a media, right?!? Like, any of his work, he has full freedom to live-perform his symphony on any stage right?

And even in any case, Pyramid/AVm are bachaas, right? It wud have been very easy for him to sign a deal and keep it under wraps, till the program unfolds. And regarding that copyright issue, may be thats the reason he cannot openly put it as 1993 RPO works, on the ads no? And Same reason extended in that video too. Don't utter that word even once!

And what he is going to talk, or listen from us? What we have to offer him?! Won't he know that? And that too discussing music, with fans who are actually strangers! Enna Music theory test vechaa ticket kudukkuraanga? Any kuppans and subbans can buy the ticket na?!?

I guess he wantedly does all this! And running a show out of one and only online audience is almost a joke! Absolutely no info in any print/TV media about this. Ticket price is humongously high. The show is on monday that too easly morning 9.30 ( :lol: ) He is doing some filtering with that, and looks like he is not cared about ticket collection. Who is funding all this show? no info! Who is paying sound systems, the Location rent, other arrangements, not known. Very importantly who is flying down all the rich orchestra from London/US?? And nobody will work with advance these days. Full payment wud have been already done! So, I still have good hope.

Everyone knows he will ever be keep writing scores, be it symphony or ICM or folk or just anything! Veetla Scoreshreetss romba sernthu pochunnuaaa avar concert nadathuvaar?!? The Indianstage ad says its the Best symphony of his lifetime. Its not a small word, Strong hopes raised, actually!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
8th August 2012, 09:08 PM

it does NOT matter if this is a symphony or a 'kutthu paattu' show !

all that matters is IR is coming out and giving an instrumental score/show for 4 hrs !

that shd be enough! go for it!

no need to speculate / harbor expectations! that is where the problem is! have least or even no expectations, except that it will be an IR special - am sure he wont disappoint us!

am not in India - else wud have purchased tickets!

thats true anyways! Anyone who is able to free his time on monday morning, and ready to spend 1000+ Rs, is actually going to be a gifted person.

Gregorysab
8th August 2012, 09:40 PM

This is exactly what my question is. Is it an instrumental concert for sure? Please check Kamesh Ratnam's tweet thats getting me jittery about booking tickets: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/io388e

Gregorysab
8th August 2012, 09:43 PM
The Indianstage ad says its the Best symphony of his lifetime. Its not a small word, Strong hopes raised, actually!

Indianstage can be sued by some of us, if it is not a symphony :-)

irir123
8th August 2012, 09:45 PM
how abt someone calling Indianstage and clarifying the same ? tell them they might get sued for misguiding/misinforming us !!

irir123
8th August 2012, 09:49 PM
SKV - once again, my instincts tell me it will/may NOT be the 1993 symphony - but some other orchestral work!

Pyramid may be 'bachhas' but rights are still rights! plus i think something else is a problem there as well - thats why IR has repeatedly said (even in Vikatan if am not mistaken) that the symphony will never come out!

rights include playing the composition live!

baroque
8th August 2012, 09:56 PM
I read only one post - irir123's 14 points post!
If Raja does any one of his idea like developing one of his interlude into full- fledged concerto etc..,that will be a great treat too!
Please Raja plan and give us some thing GRAND soon!

irir123, just reading the possibilities/ideas in your post makes me happy! :-D
:ty: GOOD DAY!

I will return tonight to catch up rest of your thoughts.....:)

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
8th August 2012, 10:04 PM
how abt someone calling Indianstage and clarifying the same ? tell them they might get sued for misguiding/misinforming us !!

Already called them and told them to make sure His sons/daughter or his official PRO, explaining/clarifying about the show's content/intent, in Social Media. He assured, let me see! This was in evening, before, Raja's video released!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
8th August 2012, 10:06 PM
irir123, sek feeyem!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
8th August 2012, 10:16 PM
NEPV Audio Sep1 in CHennai and Sep3 in Hyderabad! See who is coming to perform the same! -> http://www.laszloattila.com/ Select "Koncertek" and you find he is performing with Raja on those dates.

But also whats this? -> "2012.augusztus 7 - 8. 10:00-18:00 IlaiyaRaajaval felvétel - Budapest"

Mottai ekkachakka Plan vechirukku pola! Enjamaai thaan! :redjump:

rprasad
8th August 2012, 11:27 PM
Guys, I dont think its a concert.Its more likely a form of talk show with him and the audience. Maybe he sings some songs himself with his harmonium to explain something. But i think it might be more of question and answer session primarily. It should be interesting if IR can open up and talk technical stuff about music which he never does anywhere. I might be wrong. But from what i am reading and the fact none of the orchestra is involved atleast so far it does not look to be a concert . The choice of day and venue also seems to indicate that. There might be some speeches i guess from others involved with this.

kameshratnam
8th August 2012, 11:29 PM
Me me Me : Kamesh Bavaratnam from chennai

The show has been advertised that the master himself would direct it. I called up his Manager and he is not aware of any show like that. The manager is aware of only one show that is happening in bangalore.
I ask my friends to get the information from sirs musicians. They are stunned by this news. Today i spoke to the PRO and he says the master is out of town and is expected back only on aug 21, 2012. I was shocked and i almost fainted in real terms because so many people have put their money on this and how the closer circles do not know about this. Some one needs to talk to the master or his children and get this straight. the minimum investment for the ticket is INR 1000. Here master sir ellame avar than...IR - the genius

MOST IMPORTANT: The PRO Said please send me email and i will screw the happiness of the people who are behind it :D :D

jaiganes
8th August 2012, 11:51 PM
Me me Me : Kamesh Bavaratnam from chennai

The show has been advertised that the master himself would direct it. I called up his Manager and he is not aware of any show like that. The manager is aware of only one show that is happening in bangalore.
I ask my friends to get the information from sirs musicians. They are stunned by this news. Today i spoke to the PRO and he says the master is out of town and is expected back only on aug 21, 2012. I was shocked and i almost fainted in real terms because so many people have put their money on this and how the closer circles do not know about this. Some one needs to talk to the master or his children and get this straight. the minimum investment for the ticket is INR 1000. Here master sir ellame avar than...IR - the genius

MOST IMPORTANT: The PRO Said please send me email and i will screw the happiness of the people who are behind it :D :D

Is it dhigil murugan? enna oru kolai veri!!!
I like this kinda attitude - en rotti kitta kai vandhuchunnaa kadichupuduven jaagradhai....

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
8th August 2012, 11:55 PM
Email pannungalen?! And why come IR has given them a video to IndianStage guys??

See, if you doubt the contents of the show its understandable, but if you doubt the news itself?!? thats why i say, send a maul to that PRO, lets see what happens!

app_engine
9th August 2012, 12:27 AM
eemu kOzhi'yA?

baroque
9th August 2012, 09:23 AM
Raaja sir has confirmed the 20th aug show

Raja, Eppo varapora? Enga varapora?

where is he confirming 20th aug show?
He is not mentioning any date or time!:roll:

baroque
9th August 2012, 09:26 AM
Arvindmano,

You may be correct, this video clip resembles a video by our Vicky, Raj, Ragavan & Co fellows job of his website!

enakkum appadiththaan thonaradhu...:)

Rasa getting mysterious!

VAA RASA VANDHU PAARU!:-D

ஆசையோடு பேச வேண்டும்... ஆயுள் இங்கு கொஞ்சமே.....வா வா வா ....கண்ணா வா...:happydance:

ErneFsRurdy
9th August 2012, 09:45 AM
i called indiastage.in (9880036611) guy and he said that this is not symphony 1 composed in 93 . This is some thing new and there is no audio release function of the same ...

Gregorysab
9th August 2012, 10:35 AM
i called indiastage.in (9880036611) guy and he said that this is not symphony 1 composed in 93 . This is some thing new and there is no audio release function of the same ...

OK. some clarity atleast.

Now, more details awaited.

KV
9th August 2012, 01:11 PM

"paal kuzhakattai na chumma va?"

San_K
9th August 2012, 02:58 PM
Is IndiaStage the organizer of this programme?

Gregorysab
9th August 2012, 03:02 PM
Is IndiaStage the organizer of this programme?

No. Cannot be. Indianstage is just a ticket-seller on the web, for various events (theatre, concerts etc) in various cities.

San_K
9th August 2012, 03:05 PM
But they are the only person who is promoting this event. Am I wrong?

raajarasigan
9th August 2012, 04:11 PM
News from thatstamil... :D

இசைஞானி இளையராஜாவின் நீதானே என் பொன்வசந்தம் படத்தின் இசை வெளியீட்டு விழா சென்னையில் நடக்கிறது.

தமிழ் சினிமா ரசிகர்கள் மிகுந்த ஆவலுடன் எதிர்ப்பார்த்துக் கொண்டிருக்கும் இசை, நீதானே என் பொன்வசந்தம் படத்தினுடையதுதான்.

இளையராஜா இந்தப் படத்துக்காக லண்டனில் ஒலிப்பதிவு செய்தார். மொத்தம் 8 பாடல்கள். ஒரு இடைவெளிக்குப் பிறகு ராஜா தனக்கே உரிய பாணியில் இந்தப் படத்துக்கு இசை தந்துள்ளார்.

படத்தின் பாடல்கள் குறித்து தொடர்ந்து வெளியான முன்னோட்ட வீடியோக்கள் எதிர்ப்பார்ப்புகளை எகிற வைத்துள்ளன. குறிப்பாக யுவன் சங்கர் ராஜா பாடிய சாய்ந்து சாய்ந்து பாடல் இப்போதே அனைவர் மனதிலும் பற்றிக் கொண்டுள்ளது.

சோனி நிறுவனம் இந்தப் படத்தின் இசை உரிமையை பெரும் விலைக்கு வாங்கியுள்ளது.

வரும் செப்டம்பர் ஒன்றாம் தேதி, சென்னையில் மிகப் பிரமாண்டமாக இசை வெளியீட்டு விழா நடக்கவிருக்கிறது. படத்தின் பாடல்களை மேடையில் நேரடியாக இசைக்கப் போகிறார் இசைஞானியும் அவரது குழுவினரும்.

இந்தத் தகவலை இயக்குநர் கவுதம் மேனன் அறிவித்துள்ளார்.

இசை அபிமானிகளின் மனதைக் குளிர வைத்துள்ள செய்தி இது!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
9th August 2012, 04:54 PM
See, none of us, either here or in facebook do a "soodam Yethi karpooram odaichi sathiyam senjyfying" that it is 1993 RPO Symph. Its a guesswork based on few indications. "Raja performing his Symphony of Lifetime" engira words, IndianStage ppl wud not hav put themselves. Antha Ads la irukkura words E kammi thaan. Athaiyum Raja & Co thaan ezhuthi koduthirukkaNum.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
9th August 2012, 05:42 PM
Famous photographer Venkat Ram with Raja. this looks like a recent one. Ennamo nadakkuthu!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/386843_3899053429289_737352778_n.jpg

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
9th August 2012, 05:44 PM
http://www.laszloattila.com/

2012.augusztus 7 - 8. 10:00-18:00 IlaiyaRaajaval felvétel - Budapest

So last 2 days, Rjaa sir was in Budapest?!?

kameshratnam
9th August 2012, 05:52 PM
http://www.laszloattila.com/

2012.augusztus 7 - 8. 10:00-18:00 IlaiyaRaajaval felvétel - Budapest

So last 2 days, Rjaa sir was in Budapest?!?

Felvetel means: Recording

tmrrmt
9th August 2012, 07:30 PM
I read only one post - irir123's 14 points post!
If Raja does any one of his idea like developing one of his interlude into full- fledged concerto etc..,that will be a great treat too!
Please Raja plan and give us some thing GRAND soon!

irir123, just reading the possibilities/ideas in your post makes me happy! :-D
:ty: GOOD DAY!

I will return tonight to catch up rest of your thoughts.....:)

BAROQUE madam - all of us have known him through his music for 30 + years! right ?

has there been a single occasion when he has disappointed us ?

he will not, because he cannot ! even when he is least interested, the music that comes out will have some 'minimum guarantee' quality!

thats the enormity of his talent / genius!

so, why are we even worrying abt whether this is a symphony, a concerto, a fugue, an oratorio, on opera, a villu paattu, a jazz concert, a nadodi paattu concert, a thaara thapatta gypsy concert, a celtic music-meets-indian-classical crossover effort, a blues-meets-naiyyandi melam concert or any such thing at all ?

it is Ilaiyaraaja and thats enough !

tmrrmt
9th August 2012, 07:44 PM
See, none of us, either here or in facebook do a "soodam Yethi karpooram odaichi sathiyam senjyfying" that it is 1993 RPO Symph. Its a guesswork based on few indications. "Raja performing his Symphony of Lifetime" engira words, IndianStage ppl wud not hav put themselves. Antha Ads la irukkura words E kammi thaan. Athaiyum Raja & Co thaan ezhuthi koduthirukkaNum.

SKV - 'jagaa' vaangureenga paathheengalaa ?? even repeatedly speculating abt the 1993 symphony is equivalent to "soodam Yethi karpooram odaichi sathiyam senjyfying" - naanga solromla, neengalum samathhu pullayaa ketkanum! ketkaatti ippadithhaan!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
9th August 2012, 08:10 PM
Ippavum solren, enakku sila indications theriyuthu. Nadakkalaam, nadakkaamal pogalaam, no one can gaurantee. With very less clues and nothing on surface level, its actually easy to say NO! Neenga antha side la irukkeenga!

tmrrmt
9th August 2012, 08:16 PM
what irks me is this possibility: is GVM / Sony Music South deliberately delaying this release so as to accommodate the release of MAATRAN ??

if so that sucks!

kameshratnam
9th August 2012, 08:49 PM
what irks me is this possibility: is GVM / Sony Music South deliberately delaying this release so as to accommodate the release of MAATRAN ??

if so that sucks!

100 % right. gvm is the cause

AravindMano
9th August 2012, 08:52 PM
Why sucks?

Could be pure logistics. They just released Kumki. Some Konjam Coffee.. Going on now. They would probably need time between releases.

ellAththukkum tension means how-ngRen?

baroque
9th August 2012, 09:00 PM
tmrrmt,

We are not worrying!
We are wondering, is that true!
then.. when, how soon!:)
we are always eager for everything, Raja has to offer, appadithan namba pirandhadhilirundhu vaazhgirom!:happydance:

HAPPY JANMASHTAMI!

chinna kannan azhaikiran......:musicsmile:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
9th August 2012, 09:07 PM
See, in 10 days we r having the Symphony Concert, After 10 days we are having NEPV Audio. Again in Sep, there is this Bangalore Concert. December there is Yuvan concert where Sir is making an appearance. Above all, Sir is going to announce his plans on 20th.

Just think, 1 week before, no idea about NEPV, now things are better. Lets not worry about maatraan. They are afraid of us, its true!

sivasub
9th August 2012, 09:55 PM
Felvetel means: Recording

what is more interesting are the notes below:

2012.szeptember 1. 19:00 koncert IlayaRaajaval - Chennai -India
2012.szeptember 3. 19:00 koncert IlayaRaajaval - Hyderabad -India

Which concert are they referring to? Sep1 is the music release... so is 3rd sep telugu release?

app_engine
9th August 2012, 10:04 PM
val'nA with'nu arththam pOla (google translate)...so, 'IRval' in Hungarian means 'with IR'

(வள்வள்'னு மைக்கில் கோபப்படாம இருந்தா சரி)

Gregorysab
10th August 2012, 08:53 AM
what is more interesting are the notes below:

2012.szeptember 1. 19:00 koncert IlayaRaajaval - Chennai -India
2012.szeptember 3. 19:00 koncert IlayaRaajaval - Hyderabad -India

Which concert are they referring to? Sep1 is the music release... so is 3rd sep telugu release?

Elementary my dear Watson! So raaja is performing a concert for telugu version album release also! Time to alert my contacts and beg for passes!

kannansanderson
10th August 2012, 09:15 AM
SKV - once again, my instincts tell me it will/may NOT be the 1993 symphony - but some other orchestral work!

Pyramid may be 'bachhas' but rights are still rights! plus i think something else is a problem there as well - thats why IR has repeatedly said (even in Vikatan if am not mistaken) that the symphony will never come out!

rights include playing the composition live!

http://webhome.idirect.com/~rlevy/current_question.html

Dear Anbu (Singapore),

Thank you for your very kind comments. I am a very lucky person because I spend my life doing what I like, which is composing music.

It was very interesting to hear that you witnessed the Ilayaraja honoring ceremony on TV. I was flown from London to Madras specially for it. It was an incredible experience and I shall never forget it. Ilayaraja and I became very close friends and I have tried to encourage him to get his symphony released. I believe he was hurt by a critics review, and this is the reason it has not been released. I had the privilege of conducting the recording sessions with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, in London, and we all believe it deserves to be released. The trouble is that critics are capable of destroying sensitive artists and have done it throughout the history of music. The more one knows a piece of music the more one loves it, and the stupid critics are incapable of judging anything they have never heard before. They have seldom been right. There is a wonderful book by Nicolas Slonimsky entitled LEXICON OF MUSICAL INVECTIVE. It is a history of musical criticism since Beethoven's time. It shows how the critics have crucified every great composer without exception! I will contact Illayaraja and tell him about your kind remarks and that he owes it to us all to make his symphony available.

I send you my best wishes,

Gregorysab
10th August 2012, 08:01 PM
Read on twitter that Sathyan Anthikkad's next film is titled: Oru Karyam Parayanundu

Plum
11th August 2012, 09:25 AM
aakarsh, adhu njaan korachu kAlam munbE paranjitundillE?

Aug 20 ennayyA nadakkudhu? Ticket edukkavO kOrkkavO? yArAchum clearA sollungappOv.

*Activating Karthikeyan links*

MumbaiRamki
11th August 2012, 10:38 AM
aakarsh, adhu njaan korachu kAlam munbE paranjitundillE?

Aug 20 ennayyA nadakkudhu? Ticket edukkavO kOrkkavO? yArAchum clearA sollungappOv.

*Activating Karthikeyan links*

same here .......whoever r the organisers can be a bit more informative here

Divine22
11th August 2012, 05:05 PM
Famous photographer Venkat Ram with Raja. this looks like a recent one. Ennamo nadakkuthu!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/386843_3899053429289_737352778_n.jpg

Raaja sir in white suit.... very nice & a change from his usual veliyoor going black suit !! Very happy to see & read so many coverage of/for him in media & internet ! Bring it on Sir !!! :bow:

Nice

MelHarmony
11th August 2012, 08:55 PM
same here .......whoever r the organisers can be a bit more informative here

My experience with HTNI concert at Anna library recently makes me beg for a better planning on the day of the concert for this one. It was not a great experience before the concert (though the concert by itself was great) as there was not seat numbers mentioned in tickets and I had to go in a very long queue.....will Indiastage or somebody else rethink the strategy here!!

Also, I really welcome the timing of the concert (9.30-1.30) as it means only people who really craves for IR stuff are invited indirectly. I think it is something to do with the availability of the hall/musicians....
The venue, I think, will be a mixed bag in terms of hall acoustics as there is ramp arrangements of seats. it will be a flat-horizontal seating arrangement. This means, people in front will have better view experience...

whatever it may be; it is going to IR all the way! i will be there for sure!

Any thought!

--MelHarmony!

Enna pethu Raasaiyyaannu Paeru vacha Aathaathaan!
Ponnae Petha Santhoshathil Ponaaalamma kaathaathaan!

Ingirukkum pergallellam emmanasae paakalae!
Enkathaya paasamaga onnae polae kekkalae
Kaekkaavittaa kutham ennamma!

Naan Yaaru...

baroque
12th August 2012, 12:39 AM

MUSIC, LIVE CONCERTS,INTERVIEWS, FASHION NNU kalakkunga, Raja!
:smokesmirk:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
12th August 2012, 02:54 PM
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/iq1vmc

#ILAYARAJA (http://search.twitter.com/search?q=%23ILAYARAJA) LIVE IN CONCLAVE on 20 August, 2012

Dear All,

IlaiyaRaaja is meeting all his fans for Controlled Discussion!

So, he has come with the LIVE IN CONCLAVE on 20 August, 2012

At Chennai Trade Centre's Convention Centre with highly disciplined audience (no whistle & no mobiles) IlaiyaRaaja is going to share his thoughts on Music and comment on future of Music!

Also we request you all to find sponsors for the Program and connect to Muruganatham (9840526193)!

This program is not usual music concert! IlaiyaRaaja want to share openly many things in the program!

Akbar Basha S

With love & peace

People can ask (write) questions to be asked at IlaiyaRaaja! Karthik Raaja will select the questions! Only Questions related to music will be allowed! If any personal questions, should be matured enough!

COURTESY & THANKS:

https://twitter.com/akbarraaja

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
12th August 2012, 03:01 PM
For full view -> http://epaper.dinamalar.com/PUBLICATIONS/DM/MADHURAI/2012/08/12/Article//124/12_08_2012_124_009.jpg

http://epaper.dinamalar.com/PUBLICATIONS/DM/MADHURAI/2012/08/12/Article//124/12_08_2012_124_009.jpg

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
12th August 2012, 08:18 PM
இளையராஜாவோடு பணியாற்றியது பற்றி உதவியாளர் கல்யாண்குமாரின் அனுபவங்கள்

http://balhanuman.wordpress.com/2012/08/11/%E0%AE%B0%E0%AE%BE%E0%AE%9C%E0%AE%BE-%E0%AE%B0%E0%AE%BE%E0%AE%9C%E0%AE%BE%E0%AE%A4%E0%A E%BE%E0%AE%A9%E0%AF%8D-%E0%AE%95%E0%AE%B2%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%AF%E0%AE%BE%E0%A E%A3%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%95%E0%AF%81/

ராஜா சார் என்று தமிழ் சினிமா உலகில் மிக மரியாதையோடு அழைக்கப்படும் இளையராஜாவின் ஒரு சில படங்களில் ஒரு உதவி இயக்குனராக எண்பதுகளில் நான் பணிபுரிந்த நாட்கள் மிக இனிமையானவை. அவரது இசைக் கோர்ப்பில் ஒரு பாடல் முழுமை பெறுவதை மிக அருகிலிருந்து அடிக்கடி பார்த்தும் கேட்டும் ரசித்தவன்.
பிரசாத் ஸ்டூடியோவில் காலை சரியாக ஆறரை மணிக்கெல்லாம் தினசரி ராஜா சாரின் வெள்ளை நிற அம்பாசிடர் கார் உள்ளே நுழையும் தும்பைப் பூவாய் அதிலிருந்து இறங்கும் அவர் தன் பிரத்யேக அறைக்குள் போய் அமர்ந்து கொள்வார். அங்கே ப்ரேம் செய்யப்பட்ட, லேமினேட் செய்யப்ப்ட்ட அவருக்குப் பிடித்தமான சில ஆன்மீகப் பெரியவர்கள் படத்தின் அருகில் ஏற்றப்பட்டிருக்கும் ஊதுபத்தி வாசனையில் அந்த அறையே ஒரு ரம்மியமான சூழ்நிலையை உணர்த்தும். அன்றைக்கு ஒரு படத்தின் ரீ ரிக்கார்டிங்கா அல்லது பாடல் பதிவா, அது யார் படம் என்ற விபரங்களை அவரது மானேஜர் கல்யாணம் மிகப் பணிவோடு அவர் அருகே வந்து நின்றபடியே சொல்வார். பாடல் என்றால் அதை யார் பாட வேண்டும் என்று கேட்டுக் கொள்வார் கல்யாணம். பாலுவைக் கூப்புடு, சுசிலாம்மாக்கு சொல்லிடு என்று ஒன்றிரண்டு வார்த்தைகளே ராஜா சாரிடமிருந்து பதிலாக வரும்.
ஏற்கனவே வந்து அந்த அறையில் தயாராக இருக்கும் அவரது இசை உதவியாளர் சுந்தர்ராஜன் அண்ணன், அன்றைய பாடல் பதிவுக்குரிய ட்யூன் அடங்கிய கேஸட்டை ஒரு குட்டி டேப் ரிக்கார்டரில் போட்டுக் காட்டுவார். அது அனேகமாக ஓரிரு மாதங்களுக்கு முன்னர் ராஜா சாரால் கம்போஸிங் செய்த ட்யூனாக இருக்கும். அவரது குரலில் தத்தகாரத்தில் ஒலிக்கும் அதை ஒருமுறைதான் ராஜா சார் கேட்பார். (பாடல் கம்போஸிங் நாட்கள் பற்றி பிறகு விவரிக்கிறேன்.) பின்னர் வெளியே காத்திருக்கும் அந்தப் படத்தின் இயக்குனரை வரச் சொல்லி, அந்தப் பாடலுக்கான சூழ்நிலையை சுருக்கமாக மறுபடி ஒருமுறை கேட்டுக் கொள்வார்.
பின்னர் சற்று நேரத்தில் அங்கிருந்து கிளம்பி அருகிலேயே இருக்கும் ரிக்கார்டிங் ஸ்டூடியோவிற்கு வருவார். ஏற்கனவே அங்கே தயாராக இருக்கும் வாத்திய கலைஞர்கள் அதுவரை பள்ளிக்கூட பிள்ளைகளைப் போல அரட்டை அடித்துக் கொண்டிருப்பார்கள். ராஜா சார் உள்ளே நுழைந்ததும் அந்த அறையே சட்டென நிசப்தமாகும். அன்றைய தினம் ரிக்கார்டிங் செய்யப்பட வேண்டிய பாடலுக்கான பி.ஜி.எம். நோட்ஸை அங்கே உட்கார்ந்துதான் ஒரு அரைமணி நேரம் மட்டுமே எழுதுவார் ராஜா சார். சம்பந்தப்பட்ட வாத்திய இசைக்காரர்கள் அதைப் பார்த்து தங்களுக்கான நோட்ஸை மட்டும் எழுதிக் கொள்வார்கள். கீ போர்டு, பேஸ் கிடார், எலக்ட்டிரிக் கிடார், வயலின், தபேலா, செல்லோ, சாக்ஸஃபோன், வீணை, டிரம்ஸ், புல்லாங்குழல் இப்படி அந்தப் பாடலுக்கு எது தேவையோ அவர்கள் மட்டும் வந்திருப்பார்கள்.
வயலின் கலைஞர்கள் மட்டுமே சுமார் ஐம்பது பேர் இருப்பார்கள். அந்த ஐம்பது பேரில் ஒரு ஆங்கிலோ இந்தியப் பெண்ணும் இருப்பார். இப்போது காணக் கிடைக்காத லூனா என்ற இரண்டு சக்கர வாகனத்தில் ஒரு சிறுமியை நிற்க வைத்து அழைத்து வருவதைப் போல அவர் தன் வயலின் பெட்டியுடன் பிரசாத் ரிக்கார்டிங் ஸ்டூடியோவில் நுழைவதை பல நாட்கள் பார்த்திருக்கிறேன். யாரிடமும் எதுவும் பேச மாட்டார். நோட்ஸை குறித்துக் கொள்வார், வாசிப்பார், ரிக்கார்டிங் முடிந்து முழுப்பாடலையும் கேட்டு ராஜா சார் ஓக்கே சொன்னதும் வயலினை அதன் பெட்டிக்கும் லாவகமாக வைத்துப் பூட்டினால் அடுத்த நிமிஷம் லூனா அதே சிறுமியோடு கிளம்பிப் போகும்.
வயலின் கலைஞர்களோடு சேர்த்து ஒரு பாடலுக்கு எண்பது பேர் வரை என்று அந்தச் சபை இசையால் நிரம்பி வழியும். நோட்ஸ் எடுத்துக் கொள்ள அரைமணி நேரம்தான் கொடுப்பார் ராஜா சார். ரிகர்சல் போலாமா என்று மைக்கில் கேட்பார். வாத்தியங்கள் வாரியாக ரிகர்சல் ஆரம்பிக்கும். முதலில் வயலின். ஐம்பது வயலின் எல்போக்களும் ஒரே மாதிரி உயர்ந்து தாழ்ந்து அன்றைய இசை மழையை ஆரம்பித்து வைக்கும். கண்ணாடி அறைக்குள் ரிக்கார்டிங் என்ஜினியர் அருகே அமர்ந்திருக்கும் ராஜா சார் அதைக் கவனமாகக் கேட்பார். சீட்டிலிருந்து எழுந்து ஒருத்தரை மட்டும் அடையாளம் காட்டி அவரை மட்டும் அந்த நோட்ஸை திரும்ப வாசிக்கச் சொல்லுவார். அவரது வாசிப்பில் எதோ ஒரு குறை இருப்பதை சுட்டிக்காட்டி நோட்ஸை சரியாகப் படித்து திருத்திக் கொள்ளச் சொல்வார். ஐம்பது வயலின்கள் எழுப்பிய இசையில் அந்த ஒரு கலைஞரின் வாசிப்பு மட்டும் தன் நோட்ஸைவிட்டு விலகிச் சென்றிருப்பதை அவர் எப்படி கண்டு பிடித்தார் என்பது வேடிக்கைப் பார்த்து கொண்டிருந்த எனக்கு மட்டுமல்ல, அந்த வயலின் கலைஞர்களே அசந்து போகும் விஷயம்.
பின்னர் ரிதம் செக்*ஷன் ரிகர்சல், தபேலா, ஃபேஸ் கிடார் என்று தனித்தனியாக வாசித்து ராஜா சாருக்கு திருப்தி என்றதும் அனைத்து கருவிகளுடனும் மொத்தமாக ஒரு ரிகர்சல் நடக்கும். அது முடிகிற போது நேரம் சரியாக காலை பத்து மணி ஆகியிருக்கும்.
டிபன் பிரேக்.
அரைமணி நேரத்தில் அனைவரும் திரும்பி வந்து ரிக்கார்டிங் போக தயாராக இருப்பார்கள். மறுபடி ஒரு ரிகர்சல். கீ போர்டு வாசிக்கும் ஜிஜி மானுவேலோ, புருஷோத்தமனோ ராஜா சாரின் நோட்ஸ் பார்த்து கண்டக்ட் செய்ய அத்தனை வாத்தியங்களும் மூன்று நிமிஷ நேரம் உற்சாக பீறிட இசையை வெளிப்படுத்தி குதூகலிக்கும் காட்சி ஆகா. அடுத்த ஒன்றரை மணியில் மொத்த ரிகர்சலும் ஓக்கே. இனி ரிக்கார்டிங்தான். அது கூட டிராக் மூலம்தான் என்பதால் ஒவ்வொரு செக்*ஷனாக வாசிக்க வாசிக்க பதிவு செய்யப்பட்டுக் கொண்டே இருப்பார் என்ஜினியர். அருகிலிருந்து அதில் மாற்றமோ ஏற்றமோ சின்னச் சின்னதாய செய்து கொண்டிருப்பார் ராஜா சார். முழுசாக அந்தப் பாடல் எப்படி வரப்போகிறது என்பது அப்போதுவரை அருகிலிருந்து கேட்பவருக்கு அதுவரை தெரியாது.

அந்தப் பாடலுக்கு யார் பாட வேண்டும் என்று ஏற்கனவே ராஜா சாரால் சொல்லப்பட்டிருந்த பாடகரோ பாடகியோ உள்ள வந்து ராஜா சாருக்கு ஒரு வணக்கம் வைப்பார்கள். அப்போது மணி சரியாக பன்னிரெண்டு இருக்கும். பின்னர் வாய்ஸ் மிக்ஸிங். முதலில் டியூனுக்கான நோட்ஸ்களை பாடகர் எழுதிக் கொள்வார். அந்த இடைவெளியில் ஏறகனவே பாடலாசிரியரால் எழுதப்பட்டு வந்திருக்கும் பாடல் வரிகளை ராஜா சாரிடம் கொடுப்பார் அந்தப் படத்தின் இயக்குனர். ட்யூனுக்கு வரிகள் ஒத்துப் போகிறதா என்பதை ஒருமுறை பாடிப்பார்த்துக் கொள்ளும் அவர் அதை பாடகரிடம் அனுப்பி வைக்க ட்யூனோடு அந்தப் பாடல் வரிகளையும் தங்கள் டைரியில் எழுதிக் கொள்வார் பாடகர். எஸ்.பி.பி. இதற்கென தனியாக ஒரு பெரிய டைரியே வைத்திருப்பார். அந்தப் பாடலின் வரிகளை தெலுங்கில் எழுதிக் கொள்ளும் அவர் அந்தப் படத்தின் கம்பெனி, டைட்டில், ரிக்கார்டிங் தேதி, அது தனக்கு எத்தனையாவது பாடல் என்பது உட்பட அனைத்தையும் அதில் குறித்துக் கொள்வார்.

இதெல்லாம் முடிகிற போது சுமார் ஒரு மணி ஆகியிருக்கும். பாடல் வரிகளை மட்டும் ஒருமுறை பாடச் சொல்லி கேட்கும் ராஜா சார் அதில் சில சங்கீத பாஷையில் சில அறிவுரைகளை வழங்குவார். ஒருமுறையோ இரண்டு முறையோதான் அதற்கான ரிகர்சல். உடனே டேக். ஏற்கனவே ரிக்கார்டிங் செய்யப்பட்ட பி.ஜி.எம் டிராக்கோடு பாடகரின் வாய்ஸையும் சேர்த்து ஒருமித்த ஒரு பாடலாக ஒலிக்கச் செய்வார் என்ஜினியர். அடடா அதுதான் அற்புத நிமிடங்கள்….
காலை ஏழு மணிக்கு கருத்தரித்த ராஜா சாரின் இசை அறிவு மதியம் இரண்டு மணிக்கெல்லாம் ஒரு குழந்தையை பாடல் வடிவில் காற்றில் தவழ விடும் நேர்த்தியும் வேகமும் பிரமிக்க வைக்கும் அதிசயம். இப்படி எத்தனையோ ஹிட் பாடல்களை அவர் வடித்தெடுத்த வேளைகளில் உடனிருந்து பார்த்து ரசித்த நான், அந்த இசை மேதையோடு பணிபுரிந்த சில படங்களை மட்டும் இங்கே பட்டியலிடுகிறேன்….

நூறாவது நாள், இளமைக் காலங்கள், உதய கீதம், உன்னை நான் சந்தித்தேன், நினைவே ஒரு சங்கீதம், கீதாஞ்சலி, இங்கேயும் ஒரு கங்கை, மனிதனின் மறுபக்கம், உனக்காகவே வாழ்கிறேன்……

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
12th August 2012, 10:23 PM
நவம்பர் 3, கனடாவில் ராஜா கச்சேரி : http://pic.twitter.com/PFmlsKB0 (http://t.co/PFmlsKB0) Links via SKR and Kamesh

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/304811_3913493830290_1163815638_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/418552_3913497510382_1622377867_n.jpg

San_K
12th August 2012, 10:56 PM
SKV, Thanks for sharing

baroque
12th August 2012, 11:28 PM
WORLD IS WORTHY OF YOUR SOULFUL MUSIC , RAJA!:musicsmile:

WONDERFUL!:ty:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
13th August 2012, 12:57 AM
This user has Finders and Keepers Autio Tracks -> http://www.youtube.com/user/makedoandmendseries/videos?view=0

There is one Raja song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmm0oMrFz6k

app_engine
13th August 2012, 03:10 AM
engEyum-eppOdhum :wink:

(rAsA concert'kku MSV pAttai pEr vachcha kuRumbukkAran yArO :-) )

sivasub
13th August 2012, 08:44 AM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/84651.html

An actress-singer-dramatist, it has been a long time desire of Andrea Jeremiah to sing in Ilayaraja's music. She said in one of her interviews that she would love to sing for the maestro.

And her wish has been fulfilled now. Andrea has crooned for a song in Telugu film 'Gundello Godhari', which has music by the 'Isaignani'.

Produced by Lakshmi Manchu with Aadhi, Tapsee, Sundeep Kishan and Suja Varunee in lead roles, the film is being simultaneously made in Tamil, under the title 'Marandhen Mannithen'.

The film is being directed by Kumar Nagendra. It is said the song rendered by Andrea will be one of the highlights of 'Marandhen Mannithen' album, which is set to be released soon

raajarasigan
13th August 2012, 12:37 PM
Sakala :clap: for the Canada concert... stunning visuals.. :D

groucho070
13th August 2012, 01:40 PM
Oh my god! Had a lump in my throat looking at those posters.

MumbaiRamki
13th August 2012, 01:49 PM
Booked for the 20th function - same story. No seat numbers in online booking ;)

I doubt if this will have more than 50% occupancy, considering that except yahoogroups, mayyam,facebook groups nobody knows this :(

KV
13th August 2012, 01:57 PM
IIRC, that's what some people here said about the HTNI concert as well. But in reality, the concert was a sell-out. I met a dude who'd (also) come from B'lore assuming he'd get a ticket, but was left stranded outside.

San_K
13th August 2012, 02:00 PM
Live in CONCLAVE !!!???

appo concert unda illaiyaa? only speech and conversations?

KV
13th August 2012, 02:09 PM
skv, thanks for posting the pics... geththu! :clap:.

MumbaiRamki
13th August 2012, 03:31 PM
IIRC, that's what some people here said about the HTNI concert as well. But in reality, the concert was a sell-out. I met a dude who'd (also) come from B'lore assuming he'd get a ticket, but was left stranded outside.

KV-> But look at the kind of promotions that happened and look at the perception , material. HTNI started 3-4 weeks before atleast, with effective social medium coverage & spread, newspaper advertising mediums . His children, whole family too supported in it their Social medium. A week before we has videos, speech by eminent people across film industry also . Added to that , it was HTNI which was known to everyone.

For this , I see a question yesterday in yahoogroups asking what this is . Till now, we don't know what this show is about , almost zero social medium coverage , zero newsprint coverage, no support from his children .What is the material ? Talks ? Talks with concert / technical , Non technical ? Who can enjoy and who cannot enjoy ?? If Raaja starts talking about all the music jargons , even i will find my way to exit - it is simply not my stuff that i can understand . Lets see . I booked my tickets and hope it comes out well.:)

raajarasigan
13th August 2012, 04:09 PM
+1 Ramki... am still in "artham purinjA innum nanna irukkum" mode...

irir123
13th August 2012, 08:56 PM
KV-> But look at the kind of promotions that happened and look at the perception , material. HTNI started 3-4 weeks before atleast, with effective social medium coverage & spread, newspaper advertising mediums . His children, whole family too supported in it their Social medium. A week before we has videos, speech by eminent people across film industry also . Added to that , it was HTNI which was known to everyone.

For this , I see a question yesterday in yahoogroups asking what this is . Till now, we don't know what this show is about , almost zero social medium coverage , zero newsprint coverage, no support from his children .What is the material ? Talks ? Talks with concert / technical , Non technical ? Who can enjoy and who cannot enjoy ?? If Raaja starts talking about all the music jargons , even i will find my way to exit - it is simply not my stuff that i can understand . Lets see . I booked my tickets and hope it comes out well.:)

my guess: this will be some kind of an interactive workshop ! it happens often in music schools here in the US - i recall attending one such workshop by Philip Glass !! he explained in detail and also context-wise, the use of the 'ostinato' in his scores and how they were received well after initial criticism!!

IMO, if IR does something like that, which is what i think it is likely to be, then thats the way to go!

think abt it this way - there are dozens of wannabe composers and aspiring musicians who might have the talent to score, but just lack guidance / direction - that includes IR's children!

this will be a great oppportunity for them to get some insight into the workings of the mind of a genius like IR!

and learn from the same! remember IR learnt it the hard way working under / with yesteryear composers!

now he is bringing all of that experience onstage in an interactive atmosphere!

isnt that something to be cherished ??

for a budding composer, this would be a dream come true

what irritates me though is the quality of celebrities attending this event - Vikram, Ajith ?? what do these guys know abt music ?? i would have been happier, if it had a galaxy of technicians from the sound, sound mixing departments, an invited faculty member from the Univ of South California's Movie and Music department, composers like Vishal Bharadwaj, Shantanu Moitra, who could all benefit from this experience !!

also this is a perfect occasion for even upcoming directors, cinematographers, scriptwriters to ask and learn as to how a composer looks at a given script, situation, a scene, its lighting etc and scores the music !!

comeon guys, if this workshop is anywhere close to how i have visualised, then it will be the equivalent of Kamal Hassan's script-writing workshop he held in IIT Chennai sometime back!

and IMHO, thats the way to go ! IR is mixing such events with full-fledged concerts!

I have tons of questions prepared and to be asked - all hardcore music-related - how does the use of silence enhance a BGM score ? how does IR himself think he has changed the BGM scene from 1976 to now ? how does he choose a certain motif for a certain situation ? how does he integrate his score seamlessly with a script until they become inseparable ? does IR listen to contemporary western classical music (thats different from european classical music dating back centuries ago) - since i wont be there, maybe some of you can ask similar questions !

I once watched Phil Collins speak abt the use of D Minor (or maybe something else i cud be wrong) chord that normally used in a church choir, but when used in a pop context, it gives the music a subtle poignant effect!

I would expect ppl to ask IR questions that would bring out such illuminatory answers

kameshratnam
13th August 2012, 09:57 PM
I spoke to the manager of raaja sir and he does not know any detail regarding the 20th aug 2012 concert. He has asked me to talk to Mr. Diamond babu.

Why has the information been held back? What is the show about?

The website first said it was symphony but now they its a conclave and the minimum ticket is INR 1000 :)

jaiganes
13th August 2012, 10:18 PM
appdiye USayum konjam aasirvadhikka venum?
chicagola concertnna adiyen aajar aaiduven

kameshratnam
13th August 2012, 10:46 PM
It is all about organising.

people in the USA. You people get together and let me know if you want specific concerts in your city/area. I am not well versed with the MAP of USA. So select 3 major cities/areas and let me know and i will have the information conveyed.

Also i need the contact information of one person who will take in charge of that area's concert. I am just going to try this.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
13th August 2012, 10:47 PM
one more pic!

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/542392_3916084575057_1781712161_n.jpg

irir123
13th August 2012, 11:27 PM
kamesh

here are my top 3 cities for max visibility in terms of musically knowledgeable ppl - New York city, Nashville, SFO

KV
13th August 2012, 11:39 PM
nice poster again :thumbsup:. Organizers, puhhleazze make raja play the guitar at the show. (I don't think I've seen any videos of him playing the guitar any time so far. Are there any?)

irir, with you on the ideas for the show. I've expressed my wish many a time here about getting the man to open up and speak about his music, techniques, inspiration and other stuff. Its bound to be a treasure trove of information! Just that I've always felt that there probably needs to be a person like spb who can get raja comfortable and help keep out some needless questions that could get him irked and spoil his mood for the occasion. Let's see what we're signing up for.
And frankly, I don't really care for the crowd. It's not about the mass'nga, it's rather looking at the rare opportunity of having the genius 'come out of his shell' sorts (summa guess work dhaan). If I can be extremely blunt, I'd even say lesser the numbers, the merrier! If he's going to be extremely technical, so what? Nothing criminally wrong in an event being 'elitist' right? There's a thorough void of quality workshops in our country. inga konjam plichch anga konjam plichch is what we get. Technical discourse kudukkaraara? dhaaraalama pannunga, naanga support kudukkarOm saar. :yes: Even if it ain't gonna happen again in the future, I care not. I'd take this single special occasion. janaranjagization be damned. :evil:

venkkiram
13th August 2012, 11:51 PM
ராஜாவின் கச்சேரி என வரும்போது..

1) எல்லோருக்கும் என்ன பாடல்கள் இசைக்கப்பட இருக்கிறது என அரங்கில் உள்ளே நுழையுமுன்னே கொடுத்துவிடலாம்.
2) ஒவ்வொரு பாடல் ஆரம்பிக்கப்படுமுன், இந்தப் பாடலுக்கென ராஜாவிற்கு கொடுக்கப்பட்ட சூழ்நிலை என்ன என்பதை ராஜாவிடமிருந்தே சேகரித்து அறிவிக்கனும். கூடுதலாக ஏதேனும் சிறப்பு செய்திகள் ராஜாவிற்கு மனதில் தோன்றினால் அதையும் சேகரித்து/அல்லது ராஜாவே சொல்லிவிடலாம்.
3 ) ராஜாவின் அபிமான வாத்தியக்கார்கள் (கச்சேரியில் வாசிப்பவர்கள்/அல்லது வெளியே இருப்பவர்கள்) இடைவெளி கிடைக்கும் போது தனது எண்ணங்களை பகிரணும்.
4) ரசிகர்கள் எக்காரணம் கொண்டும் செல் ஃபோன், வீடியோ கேமரா எடுத்துச் செல்ல அனுமதிக்கவே கூடாது. அப்போதான் கச்சேரி பதிவு செய்யப்பட டிவிடிக்கள் முறையாக வெளிவரும் போது அதற்கான ஈர்ப்பு இருக்கும்.

தயவுசெய்து சினிமாக் காரர்களை கூப்பிட்டு வரவேண்டாம். விழாவை நடத்துவதற்கு கூட, இசையறிவு மிக்க / இசை ரசனை யுள்ள சான்றோர்களை கூப்பிடலாம்.

app_engine
13th August 2012, 11:56 PM
சினிமாக் காரர்களை கூப்பிட்டு வரவேண்டாம்.

உங்கப்பனும் இந்தக்காட்டு...

The problem is not with cinemAkkAran or not...problem is with people who talk too much (e.g. Parthiban). Prakash Raj was many times better than Parthiban.

I guess for "mass shows", you definitely need cinema fellows.

For workshops, go for musicians who are also decent in public communication.

KV
14th August 2012, 12:04 AM
could be repeat postings:

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/185511_10152038240055424_1610711065_n.jpg

Saw a giant poster of this near LAlbAgh:

http://s2.evcdn.com/images/block250/I0-001/010/400/809-7.jpeg_/50th-bengaluru-ganesh-utsava-09.jpeg

official site: http://bgu.co.in/home.html
fb page: http://www.facebook.com/BengaluruGaneshUtsava?ref=stream

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
14th August 2012, 03:33 AM
I once watched Phil Collins speak abt the use of D Minor (or maybe something else i cud be wrong) chord that normally used in a church choir, but when used in a pop context, it gives the music a subtle poignant effect!

I would expect ppl to ask IR questions that would bring out such illuminatory answers

Man, what are you talking?!? Explaining Music to whom?! Though they are Ardent Raja Veriyans, they are strangers whose musical skills(understanding/grasping music, not composing!) are not tested and the only eligibility being able to spend 1K or 10K and couple of hours. Are they Music enthusiasts?? And I am already fedex with the kind of way he speaks! I am not complaining about the technical talk, but even relevance. Isai enbathu, Isai engirunthu varuthunnaa kind of questions thrown to Raja are dangerous! And that too for 4 hours?

The content of this event is a big confusion and better media doesn't attent this for god sake!

MumbaiRamki
14th August 2012, 11:41 AM
Im wrong again !!! This is regarding the conclave .

UPDATE FROM KARTHIK RAJA

This event is only for the hardcore Raaja fans.

Dad is gonna talk about his journey and life as a composer. Musical entertainment is there but in a different way. Look at it as an impromptu kinda show.

"Be with me - Maestro" is the name of the show.

Press will be invited to a later part of the show where the earlier part would be purely personal.
This is for the elite Raaja fan and not the normal film geek. That is why we have very limited coverage on this to avoid normal movie-goers.

Show will start at 8:40am to 1pm finishing off with a nice lunch.
We're already run out of the lowest category tickets and are planning to limit the seats a little more.

The highest category ticket buyer will get an opportunity to meet dad and maybe take a picture with him or maybe even have lunch with him. I don't know about this part.

This will be one program that the fan of Raaja will not forget all his life.

Press meet is happening tomorrow.

Gregorysab
14th August 2012, 11:57 AM
i recall attending one such workshop by Philip Glass !! he explained in detail and also context-wise, the use of the 'ostinato' in his scores and how they were received well after initial criticism!!

Wow! you attended a workshop by Philip Glass!! amazing!!!

But I think this event is not what you want it to be :-) Apparently, Raaja will interact about his career and comment on the trends of music and all.

This one could be the baap of all the typical interviews/speeches we see.

Gregorysab
14th August 2012, 12:02 PM
If Raaja starts talking about all the music jargons , even i will find my way to exit - it is simply not my stuff that i can understand . Lets see . I booked my tickets and hope it comes out well.:)

Forget jargons, even if it is the usual vague mix of philosophy+"I dont know music"+ranting-about-other-music+"why should i make instrumental albums"+....... you might find it tough to sit!

Nevertheless, please try and share the minutes of the 4 hour meeting with us :-)

crvenky
14th August 2012, 12:40 PM
Thanks KV. I found this from the website:

MumbaiRamki
14th August 2012, 12:43 PM
Forget jargons, even if it is the usual vague mix of philosophy+"I dont know music"+ranting-about-other-music+"why should i make instrumental albums"+....... you might find it tough to sit!

Nevertheless, please try and share the minutes of the 4 hour meeting with us :-)

I do like those philosphy from Raaja though. It is only talks like ' Invertible counterpart' that i really cant sit - as i lose the connect :)

KV
14th August 2012, 12:44 PM
Im wrong again !!! This is regarding the conclave .

UPDATE FROM KARTHIK RAJA

This event is only for the hardcore Raaja fans.

Dad is gonna talk about his journey and life as a composer. Musical entertainment is there but in a different way. Look at it as an impromptu kinda show.

"Be with me - Maestro" is the name of the show.

Press will be invited to a later part of the show where the earlier part would be purely personal.
This is for the elite Raaja fan and not the normal film geek. That is why we have very limited coverage on this to avoid normal movie-goers.

Show will start at 8:40am to 1pm finishing off with a nice lunch.
We're already run out of the lowest category tickets and are planning to limit the seats a little more.

The highest category ticket buyer will get an opportunity to meet dad and maybe take a picture with him or maybe even have lunch with him. I don't know about this part.

This will be one program that the fan of Raaja will not forget all his life.

Press meet is happening tomorrow.

:clap: That's some promise!
wiz/skr, ticket pOttutIngala'nga?

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
14th August 2012, 12:50 PM
http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/news/2012/08/ilaiyaraaja-yahoo-group-meet-chennai-aug-19-159615.html

Gregorysab
14th August 2012, 01:15 PM
I do like those philosphy from Raaja though. It is only talks like ' Invertible counterpart' that i really cant sit - as i lose the connect :)

you mean invertible counterpoint!

KV
14th August 2012, 02:43 PM
Philosophical ranting we’re kinda sure to get, but I think the direction in which the session will head will mainly depend on the kind of questions that are asked. Some people appear to be hell bent on asking him some questions ad nauseum despite knowing that the chances of getting ‘the response they want’ are very slim. And if you observe, his ‘philosophical’ responses to certain questions have been more or less consistent. This implies that it’s such questions that need to be avoided or asked differently. We need to understand that by repeating the same questions, we’re just repeating our ‘mistakes’. If you really can’t move ahead in life without a proper answer from raja to your long standing question, try and be more articulate or maybe put it across in a different perspective.
Nail-on-the-blackboard questions:

Who is your favorite music director among the current lot? (Oh, pity that itch you got there mate; try itch-guard.)
Who do you think is your true musical heir? (For what hair should he answer that? Is there anyone who YOU think is really carrying ahead his legacy? Seriously?)
Which is your favorite ragam? (Is that your best shot at posing a question?)
Your next film is touted as your ‘comeback vehicle’. What are your comments on this? (Let’s for once say it is; so what now? You gonna throw a rave party huh?)
Why are you using musicians from abroad? Don’t you think that’s disrespecting the local talent here? (Who are you to judge what talent is? Why should he not use whoever he wishes to? Who are you to question that? Maamana machchaana?)
Many directors who were seen as ‘raaja loyalists’ have moved away from you. Why do you think this has happened? (Ah! The cave sage is here! How was is it living under a rock all these years?)
Why do you think tune should be given preference over lyrics? Don’t you see this as the main reason for the deterioration in quality of lyrics over the years? (Ever heard of something called poetry, dude? Why don’t you try Kamban or Wordsworth instead?)

We might be speculating here, but this appears to be a chance of a lifetime. If we are to repeat the typical ‘provoke - be snubbed - cry’ cycle, we’d be creating fodder for the coming generations to ROTFL/LMFAO about. Be careful… naa ennaya chonnen!

KV
14th August 2012, 02:49 PM
Questions pertaining to BSO Symphony release, BGM tracks, Raaja.com et al are quite valid but will need to be done in a needle-in-a-banana mode. Put your thinking caps on, fellers.

San_K
14th August 2012, 03:13 PM
1. aleady he said - "God" (see yesterday dinamalar)
2. One of my two sons, but i won't say who is :lol:
4. Thittu confirmed (remember what Myskin got)
6. I don't think there is a brave person can ask this Q
7. Already said - Music > Language thingy

Gregorysab
14th August 2012, 03:19 PM
2. One of my two sons, but i won't say who is :lol:

Now this is too much :-)

irir123
14th August 2012, 07:01 PM
Wow! you attended a workshop by Philip Glass!! amazing!!!

But I think this event is not what you want it to be :-) Apparently, Raaja will interact about his career and comment on the trends of music and all.

This one could be the baap of all the typical interviews/speeches we see.

not only did I attend, I also met and spoke to Mr.Glass backstage in general abt his scores for 'the illusionist' and a few other films - and of course spoke to him abt IR ! he was intrigued and asked if IR had a website and the URL! - naan nondhu poittaen, since raaja.com had become defunct by then (2007-2008) - and he was in a hurry to leave!

these are the setbacks we face when it comes to speaking abt IR - he doesnt even have a functioning website !

Bala (Karthik)
14th August 2012, 07:44 PM
Isai enbathu, Isai engirunthu varuthunnaa kind of questions thrown to Raja are dangerous!
:lol: ...................

Bala (Karthik)
14th August 2012, 07:46 PM
Thanks for Sakala and others for the updates here. Grateful

Devaraagam
14th August 2012, 09:19 PM
these are the setbacks we face when it comes to speaking abt IR - he doesnt even have a functioning website !

IR y his nature he won't worry about website etc..,

appushiva
15th August 2012, 01:16 PM
Good Day to All,

Yes, is really a setback that IR doesnt have a continously functioning website. Let all come up with an idea and pass the preferred one to IR- Yahoo group and also we can explore the possibility of we can help to have one.

Remember the BBC radio women commented that the IR song is "out of the normal" and she will explore more about him, but how?

By the way i was in goosebumps yesteday in car when i hear the following kannada songs:

1. Hero Hero Hero,, Nana Nana Naana.. (exciting trumphet's)
2. Jeeva Hoovagetha ( S.Janaki and Dr.Rajkumar -- Music nearly kills me).
3. yaara shilpi kanda kanasu neenu..(Amazing Keyboard, drums and violen).

Regards

kameshratnam
15th August 2012, 01:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzzHHdktab0

NEP new song

krish244
15th August 2012, 02:30 PM
Kameshratnam, thanks for the link. Very nice. The clarinet (??) with the back ground music gives a old world charm + IR's classy guitar work and a very nice pallavi.

thanks,

Krishnan

rajaramsgi
15th August 2012, 07:21 PM
NEP new song

thank you.. thats sounds so great, has a classic Raja sir's touch.

The tune thats comes after the initial trumpet blowing, sounds like ABBA theme on Gimme Gimme Gimme (A man after midnight). I am not saying Raja sir copied it.. just that single piece sound resemblences ABBA, thats all.

app_engine
15th August 2012, 07:57 PM
.. just that single piece sound resemblences ABBA, thats all.

Third person to feel the same way (after me & teja) :-)

my kAdhu is still ok :clap:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
15th August 2012, 08:26 PM
nobody seeing resemblence with Ballelakka(Sivaaji)?

skr
15th August 2012, 09:16 PM
Yes it has the same starting tune of Ballelaka , but this is a bit slower :D ..
The resemblance cud be that both are based on the C Minor scale

raajarasigan
15th August 2012, 10:07 PM
watching Neeye en pon vasantham in Jaya TV.. first time, feeling IR's speech a bit artificial... remba english'la pesarar... :D (gautham effect)...

Plum
15th August 2012, 10:31 PM
Jeeva Hoovagetha ( S.Janaki and Dr.Rajkumar -- Music nearly kills me).

Exactly - but whatay karuNai kolai! Ratchasan, as SPB says.

MumbaiRamki
15th August 2012, 11:09 PM
watching Neeye en pon vasantham in Jaya TV.. first time, feeling IR's speech a bit artificial... remba english'la pesarar... :D (gautham effect)...

I loved his natural,struggling english . Loved the show.

San_K
15th August 2012, 11:31 PM
I loved his natural,struggling english . Loved the show.

+1 ......

Devaraagam
16th August 2012, 12:16 AM
Highlight of the program..

we are tourchering audience by keep on giving news and not releasing the song...pls release it (even IR knows about our feeling)

irir123
16th August 2012, 04:18 AM
am still wondering as to how IR didnt take exception to anything that gautam said!! contrast this with mysskin's interview of IR post-nandalala !

has IR changed ? or is it that Mysskin incites resentful remarks ? or is it that GVM is more suave/ smart at handling IR ?

or is it just a combination of all the above ?

rooky
16th August 2012, 07:03 AM
Definitely Gautam handled Raja better. Raja was in good mood answering the questions for most part. For one question, about "his journey", Raja went to a different mode. But, Gautam quickly brought him back to the older (calmer) mode. mm..this guy has some skills.

At the start of the program, showed gautam's interaction with IR to get the tune (sainthu) and that looked real and a rare raja video.
In the end, Raja talked about "torturing public but not releasing the album".
Raja played the Piono for sainthu, to close the program.

That definitely was one of its kind Raja Interview.

popeye11
16th August 2012, 08:40 AM
just as someone said, right when we are about to flow with the tune, the song cuts out.. damn sony argh...

"ennodu" Rajas signature written all over it. this is just going to be one heck of a musical treat. just painfully counting days..

Listented to it the first time, tears of joy in my eyes.. Raja magic. On a side note. Just loved the GVM-Raja show. Thanks to techsatish.net

rajaramsgi
16th August 2012, 02:29 PM
GVM-Raja Sir show links..

http://www.techsatish.net/2012/08/ilayaraja-gautam-menon-interview.html

MumbaiRamki
16th August 2012, 03:22 PM
For the Be with Maestro show ( conclave ) , we have a ad in TOI today .

It says BEE are the event managers . Radio mirchi is the radio partner.

raajarasigan
16th August 2012, 03:27 PM
I have booked for the show... hopefully, I will be getting the tickets tomorrow...

MumbaiRamki
16th August 2012, 06:06 PM
I have booked for the show... hopefully, I will be getting the tickets tomorrow...

Good . What happened to the Jackfruit Rajasaranam ???

rajaramsgi
16th August 2012, 08:03 PM
Even though Raja Sir mentioned about the Piano - Violin sync on a specific tuning on another occasion, he was a bit more detailed this time and correlated that to some unknown "tuning" pulled all his fans to his music, and is a very high level thought. I liked the examples he gave. He was very modest, also when he said, that Raja is dead, I got goosebumps.

I live in England for a long time, I hate to go to London as it is a really a crazy city. When our tamil actors go on and on about London about how great the city is, I am like, yeah get over it. But when GVM asked about London, Raja sir was straight to business talking about the studio, engineers, musicians etc. It is like nothing impresses him except the work he is committed to.

I did not like the way people use cell phones to record while he is working, it is not right and is not a circus, you know. It is no different to a fan asking Rajini to do a style for him in one of the Singapore star show.

Long Live Raja sir.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
16th August 2012, 09:34 PM
http://solvanam.com/?p=21467

இளையராஜாவின் ரசிகர்கள் சுகா (http://solvanam.com/?author=3) |

‘ஸார், இன்னிக்கு ‘நீயா நானா’ல நீங்கதானெ சீஃப்கெஸ்டு?’ விகடனிலிருந்து பாண்டியன் ஃபோன் பண்ணினார். ‘இல்லீங்களே, ஏன்?’ என்று கேட்டதற்கு, ‘என்ன ஸார் இது? எய்ட்டீஸ் ம்யூஸிக் பத்தி பேசறாங்க. நீங்க இல்லியா?’ நம்பமுடியாமல் கேட்டார். ‘அட, ஆமாங்க. கூப்பிட்டிருந்தாங்க. நாந்தான் வரலேன்னுட்டென்’ என்றேன். மேற்கொண்டு எதுவும் பேச விருப்பமில்லாத குரலில் ஏதேதோ பேசிவிட்டு ஃபோனை வைத்து விட்டார். ’நீயா நானா’ நிகழ்ச்சிக்கு நான் போகாமல் தவிர்த்ததற்குக் காரணம் இல்லாமலில்லை. கேமராவுக்குப் பின்னால் இருந்து கொண்டு, கேமராவுக்கு முன்னால் இருப்பவர்களை வேலை வாங்கியே பழக்கப்பட்டுவிட்ட எனக்கு, அத்தனை விளக்குகள், கேமராக்கள் முன்பு ஒரு சோஃபாவில் சாய்ந்தும், சாயாமலும் அமர்ந்திருப்பது சிரமமாக இருந்தது. போதாக்குறைக்கு, கைதட்டு வாங்கும் லட்சியத்துடன் கண்ணீர் மல்க, நரம்பு புடைக்கப் பேசுபவர்களின் பேச்சைக் கேட்டு அதற்கு ரியாக்ட் செய்தே தீரவேண்டும். சிறப்பு விருந்தினர் என்பதால் அவ்வப்போது நம் மூஞ்சியை வேறு க்ளோஸ்-அப்பில் காண்பித்து கலவரப்படுத்துவார்கள். சென்ற முறை நான் கலந்து கொண்ட ‘நீயா நானா’ ஒளிபரப்பான போது, நான் ‘இ’னா தின்ற ‘கு’னா மாதிரி இருந்ததாகப் பலரும் அபிப்ராயப்பட்டனர். இந்த ‘பலரும்’ என்பது ‘வீட்டம்மா’தான். எண்பதுகளின் திரையிசை என்னும் தலைப்பு மனதைக் கவர, ‘நீயா நானா’ பார்க்க ஆரம்பித்தேன். எண்பதுகளின் திரையிசை என்றால் அது பெரும்பாலும் இளையராஜாவின் திரையிசைதான் என்பதுக்கேற்ப, இளையராஜாவின் ரசிக, ரசிகைகள் பலரும் கலந்து கொண்டு பேசினர். பெரும்பாலோர், தங்கள் உள்ளம் கவர்ந்த, அப்போதைய பிரபலமான பாடல்களை சுருதி விலகாமல் பேசிக் காண்பித்தனர். கோபிநாத்தும் அவர் பங்குக்குப் பாட முயல்வாரோ என்கிற அச்சத்தைப் போக்கும் விதமாக சாலிகிராமத்தில் மின்சாரம் தடைபட்டது. எண்பதுகளின் திரையிசை என்பது, அந்தக் காலக்கட்டத்து யுவன், யுவதிகளின் மனதில் எத்தனை பெரிய தாக்கத்தை ஏற்படுத்தியிருக்கிறது என்பதை அந்த நிகழ்ச்சி துல்லியமாக படம் பிடித்து காட்டியது. ஒருசிலர் சில பாடல்களைப் பற்றிப் பேசும்போது கண்கலங்கியதைப் புரிந்து கொள்ள முடிந்தது. அப்போதைய திரையிசை, நம் வாழ்வோடு இரண்டறக் கலந்திருந்தது என்றால் அது மிகையில்லை. இன்றைய திரையிசையின் முற்றிலும் புதிதான வடிவம், பாடல் வரிகள், பாடலுக்கான சூழல், அதன் காட்சிகள் என இவையனைத்துமே முந்தைய திரையிசையின் பால் உள்ள ஈர்ப்பைப் பெருக வைக்கின்றன. தமிழ்த்திரையிசை ரசிகர்களை எடுத்துக் கொண்டால், ‘சந்திர மண்டலத்தில் டீக்கடை வைத்திருக்கும் நாயர் போல’, எங்கும் இளையராஜாவின் ரசிகர்கள் நிறைந்திருக்கின்றனர். இப்போது நாற்பதுகளில், ஐம்பதுகளில், (ஏன் அறுபதுகளில் கூட) இருப்பவர்கள், இளையராஜாவின் ரசிகர்களாக இருப்பதில் ஆச்சரியமில்லை. இரவு நேர பண்பலை அலைவரிசைகளின் உபகாரத்தால் இருபது, முப்பது வயதுக்காரர்களும் இளையராஜா ரசிகர்களாக இருப்பதைப் பார்க்க முடிகிறது. இளையராஜாவின் ரசிகர்கள் அனைவருமே Nostalgia நோயினால் பாதிக்கப்பட்டவர்கள் என்று சொல்லும் சாரார், எண்பதுகளில், தொன்னூறுகளில் பிறந்த முப்பது, இருபது வயதுக்கார இளையராஜா ரசிகர்களுக்கு என்ன வியாதி என்பதைக் கண்டறிந்து சொல்வார்களோ, அறியேன். நான் பார்த்த முதல் இளையராஜா ரசிகர் யாராக இருக்கும் என்று யோசித்துப் பார்த்தால், அநேகமாக அது கணேசண்ணனாகத்தான் இருக்க வேண்டும். என்னையும் மெல்ல, மெல்ல ஒரு ‘இளையராஜாவின் ரசிகனாக’ மாற்றியது கணேசண்ணன்தான். அதற்கு முன்பாக நான் கேள்விப்பட்ட பெயர்களாக ஜி.ராமநாதன், சி.ஆர்.சுப்பாராமன், எம்.எஸ். விஸ்வநாதன் மற்றும் எஸ்.டி.பர்மன் போன்றவையே இருந்தன. அவர்களது பாடல்களையே பெரும்பாலும் கேட்டு வளர்ந்திருக்கிறேன். அந்த சமயத்தில்தான் இலங்கை வானொலி மூலமாக இளையராஜா எங்கள் வீட்டுக்குள் வந்தார். ‘லாலி லாலிலலோ’ என்று ஜானகியின் குரலில் துவங்கும் ‘மச்சானைப் பாத்தீங்களா’ என்ற பாடல், வானொலியை அணைத்த பின் கூட கேட்டது.
http://solvanam.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/405395_10150660078721802_438937326_n.jpg
[சென்னை வந்த ஆர்.டி.பர்மனுடன் இளையராஜாவும், அவருடைய இசைக்கலைஞர்களும்] தொடர்ந்து ‘சின்னக்கண்ணன் அழைக்கிறான், கண்ணன் ஒரு கைக்குழந்தை, செந்தூரப்பூவே, மாஞ்சோலைக் கிளிதானோ’ போன்ற பாடல்கள் மூலம் நிரந்தரமாக எங்கள் வீட்டில் தங்கிவிட்ட இளையராஜாவின் வித்தியாசமான ரசிகனாக இன்றுவரை கணேசண்ணனே என் கண்ணுக்குத் தெரிகிறான். காரணம், கணேசண்ணன் ரசித்துக் கேட்கும் இளையராஜாவின் பாடல்கள்தான். மற்றவர்கள் அவ்வளவாகக் கேட்டுப் பழக்கமில்லாத இளையாராஜாவின் பாடல்களே கணேசண்ணனின் மனதைக் கவர்ந்தன. அந்தப் பாடல்களை எனக்கும் அறிமுகப்படுத்தியிருக்கிறான். ‘சொல்லிக் கொடு சொல்லிக்கொடு மன்மதனின் மந்திரத்தை’ என்னும் பாடலைப் பாடியவர் என்னவோ கங்கை அமரன்தான். ஆனால் என்னைப் பொருத்தவரை அதை பாடியது, கணேசண்ணன்தான். மீண்டும் மீண்டும் அந்தப் பாடலைப் பாடுவான். ‘கேள்வியும் நானே, பதிலும் நானே’ என்கிற அதே படத்தின் இன்னொரு பாடலான ‘ஆடை கொண்டு ஆடும் கோடைமேகமே’ என்னும் பாடலை கண்களை மூடிக் கொண்டு தலையை ஆட்டியபடி கணேசண்ணன் ரசிப்பதற்காகவே, டேப்ரிக்கார்டரில் அடிக்கடி அதை ஒலிக்கச் செய்திருக்கிறேன். அதே படத்தின் ‘என்றும் வானவெளியில்’ என்னும் பாடல், என்னுடைய விருப்பப்பாடலாக இன்றுவரை இருப்பது, தனிக்கதை. தூங்குவதற்கு முந்தைய கணத்தின் போது, குளிக்கும் போது, நடக்கும் போது, காதலிக்கும் போது, அழும் போது என இளையராஜாவின் பாடல்கள் ஒன்றுக்கு மேலே ஒன்று என தாண்டித் தாண்டிச் சென்று கொண்டேயிருந்தன. அம்மா, அப்பா, பெரியம்மைகள், பெரியப்பா சித்தப்பாக்கள், சித்திகள், அக்காமார்கள், மதினிமார்கள், அண்ணன்கள் என இளையராஜாவின் ரசிகர்கள் பல்கிப் பெருகினார்கள். இளையராஜாவின் ரசிகர்களிலேயே முக்கியமான ஒருவராக, எனது இசையாசிரியர் கிருஷ்ணன் ஸாரின் கடைசிப் புதல்வர் பாலாஜி எனக்கு அறிமுகமானார்.. தன் சகோதரர்களுடன் திண்டுக்கல் ‘அங்கிங்கு’ ஆர்க்கெஸ்ட்ராவில் வயலின் வாசித்து வந்த பாலாஜியும், நானும் திருநெல்வேலியில் நின்று பேசாத வீதிகளே இல்லை எனலாம். பெரும்பாலும் பாலாஜியும், நானும் இளையராஜா பயன்படுத்தும் ராகங்களைப் பற்றியே அதிகம் பேசுவது வழக்கம். ‘சாருகேஸில என்னல்லாம் பண்ணிருக்காரு? மயங்கினேன் சொல்லத் தயங்கினேனும் போட்டிருக்காரு. சிறிய பறவை சிறகை விரிக்கத் துடிக்கிறதேயும் போடுதாரு’. ‘அறுவட நாள்ல சின்னப்பொண்ணு சின்னப்பொண்ண என்னன்னு சொல்லுவிய?’ ’சிங்கார வேலன்ல தூது செல்வதாரடிய வாசிச்சுருங்க பாப்பொம்’. ‘நீங்க வேற! நான் முந்தான முடிச்சு சின்னஞ்சிறு கிளியேவயே நாடகப்ரியான்னுல்லா நெனச்சு வாசிச்சுக்கிட்டிருந்தென். அப்பொறம் அது சாருகேஸின்னு தெரிஞ்சு கேவலமா போச்சு’. ’இவ்வளவு பேசுனோமெ! மறுபடியும்ல நல்லதோர் வீணை செய்தேய விட்டுட்டோமெ!’ ‘அத பத்தில்லாம் பேசலாமா! ச்சை’. இரவு உணவுக்குப் பிறகு பேச ஆரம்பிப்பவர்கள், அதிகாலை கோவிந்தண்ணன் பால் கொண்டு வரும்வரை பேசியிருக்கிறோம். ‘ஏ, என்னடே, காலைலயே எந்திருச்சுட்டிய? அதான் கெளக்கெ இருட்டிட்டு வருதோ? இன்னைக்கு மள வெளுத்து வாங்கப்போது.’ பிரிய மனமில்லாமலேயே பிரிவோம். ‘மலர்களிலே ஆராதனை’ பத்தி நாளைக்கு பேசுவோம். கீரவாணிதானெ, அது?’. http://solvanam.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/386269_2988790205308_1997825250_n-299x300.jpgசென்னைக்கு வந்த பிறகு புதிய இளையராஜா ரசிகர்கள் கிடைத்தார்கள். ‘வாத்தியார்’ பாலுமகேந்திராவின் மாணவரான நண்பர் ஞானசம்பந்தம் நல்ல படிப்பாளி. பலத்த காற்றில் ஆள் துணையில்லாமல் செல்லத் தயங்கும் ஒடிசலான தேகம். கலை இலக்கியத்தின் கறாரான விமர்சகர். தீவிர தமிழ் ஈழ ஆதரவாளர். ஊரெல்லாம் முழங்குகிற நண்பர் சீமான், ஞானசம்பந்தம் பேசும்போது கொஞ்சமும் குறுக்கிடாமல் அமைதியாகக் கேட்டுக் கொண்டிருப்பதைப் பார்த்திருக்கிறேன். இன்றைக்கும் தனது திரையுலக முயற்சிகளைப் பற்றி நண்பர் ஞானசம்பந்தத்திடம் ஆலோசித்த பிறகே தனது தீர்மானமான முடிவுகளை இயக்குனர் வெற்றிமாறன் எடுக்கிறார். இத்தனை சிறப்புகளை உடைய ஞானசம்பந்தம், கொஞ்சம் சீரியஸான மனிதர். அவரிடம் கேலி பேசும் சொற்ப நண்பர்களில் நானும் ஒருவன். ஞானசம்பந்தத்தை வீழ்த்த எப்போதும் என் கையில் உள்ள ஒரே அஸ்திரம், இளையராஜாதான். ’வாத்தியார்’ பாலுமகேந்திராவின் அலுவலகத்திலேயே தங்கியிருந்த ஞானசம்பந்தத்தை ஒரு நாள் இரவுநேரத்தில் சந்திக்கச் சென்றேன். பின்னணியில் ‘சிவகாமி நெனப்பினிலே’ என்னும் ‘கிளிப்பேச்சு கேட்க வா’ பாடல் ஒலித்துக் கொண்டிருக்க, தன்னை மறந்து உற்சாகமாக ஆடிக் கொண்டிருந்தார், ஞானசம்பந்தம். என்னைப் பார்த்தவுடன் வெட்கம் மறந்து, ‘வாங்க, நீங்களும் வந்து ஆடுங்க’ என்றார். ’இப்படி ஒரு தெம்மாங்குப் பாடலுக்கு ஆடாதவன்லாம் மனுஷனே இல்ல. ஒழுங்கா நடக்கவே தெரியாத என்னையே ஆட வைக்குதே, இந்தப் பாட்டு’. எப்போது சந்திக்கும் போதும், அந்தப் பாடலைப் பற்றி ஞானசம்பந்தம் சொல்லும் வார்த்தைகள், இவை. ‘எங்க அய்யன் செத்த பெறகு அவரு சொத்து எதுவும் எனக்கு வேண்டானுட்டெங்க. ஏன்னா நான் சம்பாதிச்சு எதுவுமெ அவருக்குக் குடுக்கல. ஆனா இளையராஜா எனக்கு கொடுத்திருக்கிற சொத்துல ஒண்ணக் கூட விட்டுக் குடுக்க முடியாதுங்க. அதெல்லாமெ என் உயிரோட கலந்தது’. கொங்குத் தமிழில் ஞானசம்பந்தம் இப்படி சொல்லியபோது அவர் குரல் தெளிவாகத்தான் இருந்தது. நான்தான் கலங்கிப் போனேன். நான் பார்த்து வியக்கிற இளையராஜா ரசிகர் ஒருவர் கடந்த சில வருடங்களுக்கு முன்பு எனக்குக் கிடைத்தார். நெதெர்லேண்டில் வசிக்கும் அவரது பெயர் விக்னேஷ் சுப்பிரமணியன். விக்கி என்று எங்களால் அழைக்கப் படும் அவர் மீது எனக்குள்ள கூடுதல் பிரியத்துக்கான காரணம், அவரும் என்னைப் போலவே ஒரு ‘திருநவேலி’ பையன். கிதார், பியானோ முறையாக இசைக்கத் தெரிந்த விக்கி அளவுக்கு, இளையராஜாவின் இசையமைப்பை, அவரது இசைக்கருவிகளின் பயன்பாட்டை வேறாரும் புரிந்து வைத்திருக்கிறார்களா என்று எனக்கு தெரியவில்லை. ஆங்கிலத்தில் இளையராஜாவின் இசை குறித்து ஒரு வலைப்பூ (http://raagadevan.blogspot.in/) எழுதி வருகிறார். ’நல்லா இருக்கீங்களா, விக்கி’ என்று கேட்டு மடல் எழுதினால், ஆறு மாதத்துக்குள் பதில் எழுதி விடுவார். ஆனால், ‘ஸ்நேகவீடு’ல ‘சந்திரபிம்பத்தின்’ பாட்டு ஸ்ரீரஞ்சனிதானெ, விக்கி?’ என்ற மடல் நெதெர்லேண்ட்ஸ் போய்ச் சேர்வதற்கு முன்பே, ஆடியோ ஃபைல் மூலம் அந்தப் பாட்டின் நீள, அகலம் குறித்த விரிவான பதிலை நமக்கு அனுப்பித் திணறடிப்பார். இளையராஜாவின் தீவிர ரசிகர் என்கிற தகுதியைக் காப்பாற்றும் விதமாக, பெரும்பாலும் அவரது பாடலின் முதல் வரியைத் தவிர மற்ற எல்லா வரிகளையும் தவறாகவே சொல்லுவார், விக்கி. சமயங்களில் அவை வேறு பாஷையில் கூட அமைந்திருக்கும். நண்பர் விக்கியின் மூலம் ஒரு இளையராஜாவின் ரசிகர் எனக்கு அறிமுகம் செய்து வைக்கப்பட்டார். என் வாழ்க்கையில் நான் இதுவரை சந்தித்த இளையராஜாவின் ரசிகர்களையெல்லாம் ஒன்றுமில்லாமல் செய்தவர், அவரே. வடமாநிலங்களில், வெளிநாடுகளில் பணிபுரிந்து இப்போது தென்னிந்தியாவில் செட்டிலாகி விட்ட அவரது பெயர் சுரேஷ். இந்தியத் திரையிசையின் அனைத்து மொழிகளிலும் நல்ல பரிச்சயம் உள்ளவர். அதுபோக கர்நாடக சங்கீத ஞானமும் உடையவர். இந்தியா முழுக்க சுற்றி வந்த அவரது இசைத்தேடல், இளையராஜாவிடம் வந்து சேர்ந்தபோது ஒரு முடிவுக்கு வந்தது. அதற்கப்புறம் அவரது இசைவண்டி நகரவே இல்லை. என்னுடனான அவரது டெலிஃபோன் உரையாடல் பெரும்பாலும் இப்படித்தான் இருக்கும். ‘ஸார், நமஸ்காரம். எப்பிடி இருக்கீங்க?’ ‘நல்லா இருக்கென் ஸார். நீங்க எப்பிடி இருக்கீங்க? ‘ஆங். ராஜா ஸார் ஹேப்பின்னு ஒரு ஹிந்தி படத்துக்கு மியூஸிக் போட்டாரெ! அது எப்பொ வரப் போறதோ, தெரியலியே! ஒங்களுக்கு ஏதாவது தெரியுமா?’ ‘இல்ல ஸார். தெரியல’. ‘அப்பொறம் இந்த ‘நீதானெ எந்தன் பொன்வசந்தம்’ சீக்கிரம் வந்த நல்லா இருக்கும். சத்யன் அந்திக்காடோட அடுத்த மலயாளப்படம் எப்பொ வர போறதோ, தெரியல. ஆடியோவயாது சீக்கிரமா ரிலீஸ் பண்ணலாம். யார்கிட்டெ கேக்கறதுன்னு தெரியல. . . . ‘ம்ம்ம்ம்’. ‘மத்தபடி லைஃப் ஒருமாதிரியா போயிக்கிட்டிருக்கு.’ இளையராஜாவின் பாடல்களில், இளையராஜாவுக்கே பிடிக்காத பாடல்களைக் கூட சுமார் என்று நண்பர் சுரேஷ் சொல்லி நான் கேட்டதில்லை. ‘புதுசா ஒரு கன்னடப் படத்துக்கு ராஜா மியூஸிக் போட்டிருக்காரு, ஸார்’. ‘எப்பிடி இருக்கு, ஸார்?’ ‘ஆங், என் வைஃப்பை ஒரு பத்து பதினஞ்சு வாட்டி கேக்கச் சொன்னென். ரொம்ப நல்லா இருக்குன்னு சொன்னா’. முகம் தெரியாத அந்த சகோதரியை நினைத்து நான் கவலை கொள்வேன். இளையராஜா அடுத்து போடப்போகிற பாடல்களெல்லாம் நன்றாக இருக்க வேண்டும் என்பதற்காக, பழனிக்கு நடந்தே வந்து காவடி எடுக்கிறேன் முருகா என்று வேண்டிக் கொள்வாரோ என்று யோசித்திருக்கிறேன். மின்னஞ்சல், ஃபோன் மூலம் மட்டுமே அறிமுகமாகி, பழகியிருக்கிற நண்பர் சுரேஷ், சென்னைக்கு வந்திருந்த போது ஒரு மாலைப்பொழுதில் என்னை சந்திக்க அலுவலகம் வந்தார். மூன்றிலிருந்து நான்கு மணிநேரம் வரைக்கும் இளையராஜாவின் பாடல்கள் கேட்டும், அவை குறித்து பேசியும் பொழுது கழிந்தது. இரவு உணவுக்காக ஹோட்டலுக்குச் சென்ற போது, அங்கும் இளையராஜா பேச்சு நின்றபாடில்லை. சாப்பிட்டு முடிந்து சாலிகிராமத்தில் என்னை தன் வாகனத்தில் கொண்டு வந்து இறக்கும் போது, மணி பத்தைத் தாண்டியிருந்தது. இளையராஜாவின் இசையைப் பற்றி ஒன்று கூட மிச்சம் வைக்காமல், அனைத்தையும் பேசி, இனி சொல்வதற்கு ஒன்றுமில்லை என்பதான நிறைந்த, மகிழ்ச்சியான மனதுடன் வண்டியில் இருந்து இறங்கி, ‘அப்ப பாக்கலாம், ஸார்’ என்று சொல்ல வாயெடுத்தேன். அதற்குள் வண்டியை ஆஃப் செய்து விட்டு நண்பர் சுரேஷ், ‘ஸார், கும்மிப்பாட்டுங்குற படத்துல . . .’ என்று புத்தம் புதிதாகத் தன் பேச்சைத் தொடங்கினார்.
http://solvanam.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/550235_403347269688744_629330196_n.jpg ‘ஹிந்து’ நாளிதழில் பணிபுரியும் நண்பர் கோலப்பன் ஒரு தீவிர சாஸ்திரிய சங்கீத ரசிகர். குறிப்பாக நாகஸ்வரம். நம் மண்ணின் நாகஸ்வரக் கலைஞர்கள் அனைவரையும் தேடித் தேடிக் கேட்டு ரசித்து வருபவர். நையாண்டி மேளத்தையும் அவர் விடுவதில்லை. என்னிடமுள்ள காருகுறிச்சி அருணாசலம், ராஜரத்தினம் பிள்ளை போன்றோரின் நாகஸ்வர இசையின் அபூர்வமான ஒலிநாடாக்கள் அனைத்தும் நண்பர் கோலப்பன் வழங்கியவையே. ‘ஒருமணிநேரத்துக்கு காரகுறிச்சி சண்முகப்ரியா வாசிச்சிருக்காரு, பாருங்க. உயிரே உருகுதுங்க. அப்பிடி ஒரு சண்முகப்ரியாவ என் ஆயுசுக்கும் கேக்கல, பாத்துக்கிடுங்க’. கோலப்பன் கொடுத்த காருகுறிச்சி அருணாசலத்தின் ‘சண்முகப்ரியா’வைக் கேட்ட போது அவர் சொன்னதை நானும் உணர்ந்து உருகினேன். சங்கீதப் பிரியர் கோலப்பனும் இளையராஜா ரசிகர்தான். ஒருநாள் அதிகாலையில் அழைத்தார். ‘சுகா, நேத்து ராத்திரி ‘மோகமுள்’ல ‘சொல்லாயோ வாய் திறந்து கேட்டென். சண்முகப்ரியான்னா அதுல்லா சண்முகப்ரியா. அந்த ராகத்த இதுக்கு மேல உருக்க முடியாது. மனுசனெ கொன்னெ போடும் போலுக்கெய்யா, அந்தப் பாட்டு. சொன்னா நம்புவேளா! தலவாணில மொகத்தப் பொத்திக்கிட்டு அப்பிடி அளுதிருக்கென்’ என்றார். இளையராஜாவின் ரசிகர்களில் எனது ஆரம்பகால நண்பரான பாலாஜியும் இப்போது சென்னையில் இருப்பதால், இப்போதும் இளையராஜாவின் ரசிகர்களாக எங்களின் உரையாடல் தொடர்கிறது.
‘விஜயநகரில ஒரு பாட்டு இருக்கு. தெரியுமா?’ ‘என்னங்க சொல்லுதீங்க? விஜயநகரின்னு ஒரு ராகம் இருக்கறதே எனக்கு நீங்க சொல்லித்தான் தெரியும்.’ ‘அட கேலி பண்ணாதீங்க, பாலாஜி. அவரு ம்யூஸிக்ல ராகத்த பத்தின டவுட்ட எனக்கு எப்பவும் நீங்கதானெ க்ளியர் பண்ணுவீங்க?’ திருநெல்வேலித் தெருக்களில் மணிக்கணக்கில் நின்று பேசிக் கொண்டிருந்தது போலவே, இப்போது சாலிகிராமத்துத் தெருக்களில் நின்று பேசிக் கொள்கிறோம். வாழ்க்கையில் நிறைய மாற்றங்கள் வந்துவிட்டன. ஆனால் இன்னமும் இளையராஜாவின் ரசிகர்களாகவே இருப்பது குறித்து நாங்கள் இருவருமே வியப்பதுண்டு. ‘எங்கெ இருந்து எங்கெ வந்தாலும் நாம என்னைக்குமெ இளையராஜா ரசிகர்கள்தான். என்ன சொல்லுதீங்க?’ என்பார், பாலாஜி. திண்டுக்கல் ‘அங்கிங்கு’ ஆர்க்கெஸ்ட்ராவில் வயலின் வாசிக்க ஆரம்பித்த இளையராஜாவின் ரசிகரான பாலாஜி, இப்போதும் வயலின் வாசிக்கிறார், இளையராஜாவிடம். பேச்சுவாக்கில் சமீபத்தில் ஒரு பாடலை ஞாபகப்படுத்தினார், பாலாஜி. ‘நண்டு’ படத்தின் ‘மஞ்சள் வெயில் மாலையிட்ட பூவே’ என்னும் பாடல்தான், அது. எனக்கு உடனே எங்கள் பெரியண்ணன் குரல் கேட்டது. அவன் தான் சொல்வான். ‘ச்சை, இந்த மனுசன் பாட்டக் கேட்டா நெஞ்சடச்சுல்லா போது!’. அப்படி எனக்கு நெஞ்சடைத்துப் போகும் பாடல் ஒன்று உள்ளது. ‘உதிரிப்பூக்கள்’ திரைப்படத்தின் ‘அழகிய கண்ணே’ பாடல்தான், அது. அந்தப் படத்தை அம்மாவுடன் ரத்னா தியேட்டரில் பார்த்ததிலிருந்து, இலங்கை வானொலியில் அது ஒலிபரப்பாகும் போதெல்லாம் அவளுடனேயேதான் கேட்டிருக்கிறேன். ‘அழகிய கண்ணே’ பாடலையும், அம்மாவையும் என்னால் பிரித்துப் பார்க்கவும், கேட்கவும் முடிந்ததேயில்லை. அம்மா தன் இறுதி நாட்களில், புற்றுநோயால் துடித்துக் கொண்டிருந்தாள். அவள் சீக்கிரம் புறப்பட்டு விட வேண்டும் என மனதார கடவுளை வேண்டிக் கொண்டிருந்தேன். வேண்டுதல் பலித்தபோது, அதுவரையில் அழுது கொண்டிருந்தவன், ஒருவகையான நிம்மதியுடன் அமைதியாகி விட்டேன். அதற்குப் பிறகு காலமான அம்மாவை கருப்பந்துறையில் கொண்டு வைத்து, கொள்ளி வைக்கும்வரை அழவே இல்லை. உறவினர்கள் சூழ்ந்திருக்க, தலைமயிரை மழிக்க, குனிந்து உட்கார்ந்திருக்கும் போது, தாமிரபரணிக்கரையில் தவழ்ந்தபடி எங்கிருந்தோ ‘அழகிய கண்ணே’ பாடல் ஒலித்தது. வெடித்து நான் அழ ஆரம்பிக்க, தம்பியும் உடன் சேர்ந்துகொண்டு குலுங்கினான். ‘இப்ப அளுது என்னத்துக்குல? போனவ வரவா போறா?’ விவரம் புரியாமல் தாய்மாமன் சொன்னான். என்னையும், தம்பியையும் கதற வைத்தது, அம்மா மட்டுமல்ல, இளையராஜாவும்தான் என்பது அவனுக்குத் தெரிய வாய்ப்பில்லை.

Nerd
16th August 2012, 09:59 PM
Wow, Sureshji, plis to get the Padiththurai CD from Suka and share it with us :-) :-)

app_engine
16th August 2012, 10:11 PM
நண்பர் விக்கியின் மூலம் ஒரு இளையராஜாவின் ரசிகர் எனக்கு அறிமுகம் செய்து வைக்கப்பட்டார். என் வாழ்க்கையில் நான் இதுவரை சந்தித்த இளையராஜாவின் ரசிகர்களையெல்லாம் ஒன்றுமில்லாமல் செய்தவர், அவரே. வடமாநிலங்களில், வெளிநாடுகளில் பணிபுரிந்து இப்போது தென்னிந்தியாவில் செட்டிலாகி விட்ட அவரது பெயர் சுரேஷ்.

I guess this is our Sureshji, sariyA?

thumburu
16th August 2012, 10:18 PM
Suresh saar, appidiye nekkum oru "Padithurai" CD parcel :)

Plum
16th August 2012, 10:57 PM
this su.ka fellow's every other katturai ends in a death and a kaNNIr associated with death. No wonder Arya dropped the movie - su.kA must have killed Arya's brother's character in the climax :)

app_engine
16th August 2012, 11:20 PM
:lol2: at Plum's comment on sukA.

He has an excellent sense of humor otherwise, IMO :-)

Sureshs65
16th August 2012, 11:22 PM
Nerd / app / skv / thumburu,

Yes, that's me in the article. And no, I don't have the 'Padithurai' CD with me :) I do wish I have the CD.

app_engine
16th August 2012, 11:23 PM
தொன்னூறுகளில் பிறந்த முப்பது, இருபது வயதுக்கார

kaNakku sariyA varAdhO?

2012 minus 1990 = 22 :-)

San_K
16th August 2012, 11:23 PM
இளையராஜாவின் தீவிர ரசிகர் என்கிற தகுதியைக் காப்பாற்றும் விதமாக, பெரும்பாலும் அவரது பாடலின் முதல் வரியைத் தவிர மற்ற எல்லா வரிகளையும் தவறாகவே சொல்லுவார், விக்கி

Yet another HCIRF who does not care about lyrics :)

San_K
16th August 2012, 11:25 PM
Nerd / app / skv / thumburu,

Yes, that's me in the article. And no, I don't have the 'Padithurai' CD with me :) I do wish I have the CD.

Superb sir. Add me too for padithurai CD when you have

app_engine
16th August 2012, 11:27 PM
Yes, that's me in the article.

Sureshji,

BTW, 'ayyO pAvam' to madam :-)

Sureshs65
16th August 2012, 11:29 PM
app,

That is Suka's touch :D I don't torture madam at all.

MumbaiRamki
16th August 2012, 11:40 PM
this su.ka fellow's every other katturai ends in a death and a kaNNIr associated with death. No wonder Arya dropped the movie - su.kA must have killed Arya's brother's character in the climax :)

படம் எடுத்து வெளி விட முடியாத கவலை, வலி அவருக்கு தான் தெரியும் :(

Nerd
17th August 2012, 12:56 AM
kaNakku sariyA varAdhO?

2012 minus 1990 = 22 :-)
sariyaaththaan varudhu app. You missed the 80s.

எண்பதுகளில், தொன்னூறுகளில் பிறந்த முப்பது, இருபது வயதுக்கார இளையராஜா ரசிகர்களுக்கு

app_engine
17th August 2012, 02:44 AM
sariyaaththaan varudhu app. You missed the 80s.

எண்பதுகளில், தொன்னூறுகளில் பிறந்த முப்பது, இருபது வயதுக்கார இளையராஜா ரசிகர்களுக்கு

:oops:
my mistake, sorry sukA sir!
:hide:

prabhudas
17th August 2012, 04:10 AM
Definitely Gautam handled Raja better. Raja was in good mood answering the questions for most part. For one question, about "his journey", Raja went to a different mode. But, Gautam quickly brought him back to the older (calmer) mode. mm..this guy has some skills.

At the start of the program, showed gautam's interaction with IR to get the tune (sainthu) and that looked real and a rare raja video.
In the end, Raja talked about "torturing public but not releasing the album".
Raja played the Piono for sainthu, to close the program.

That definitely was one of its kind Raja Interview.

That definitely was one of its kind Raja Interview.[/QUOTE]

"That definitely was one of its kind Raja Interview"....100% true,*
-GM was at ease during entire interview, appeared very genuine in his personal feelings towards IR.
- Asked some very nice questions
-The Zillion dollar question every HCIRF has...ie.., What goes in his mind when the song is being created ....he *( IR) was too quick to answer , when GM asked if he has any reference/prep etc....., IR goes I don't prepare....it just happens *at that moment...agreed....we have heard *that few times before in BBC interview..and other interviews. However he briefly mentioned....he used to prepare in his early days thinking about different things.....but not any more ...he says, could this be the reason why his 'Extreme experimentation" in his arrangement, orchestrations what we saw in his early days ( specifically late 70's and early 80's) which produced the immortal classics, *is missing now.
If I am not wrong...IR mentioned giving a thought process *is like producing an inhibited *product creation...as opposed to the one which happens uninhibited.*
I am not here to say, his uninhibited creations are not classics....but definitely they are incomparable to a la "Eara Vizhi Kaviyangal" *kind of songs
-His expected ( although less frequent ) off track philosophical statements were handled by GM well,

Waiting for Toronto concert eagerly......
Engeyum Epposdum Raaja.......

Prabhudas

V_S
17th August 2012, 04:58 AM
However he briefly mentioned....he used to prepare in his early days thinking about different things.....but not any more ...he says, could this be the reason why his 'Extreme experimentation" in his arrangement, orchestrations what we saw in his early days ( specifically late 70's and early 80's) which produced the immortal classics, *is missing now.
prabhudas,
If you hear what he said again carefully, he said, "During AnnakiLi days, I used to write lot of songs and then select the songs from them". This trend continued for only "few films", he said. Also this has nothing do with experimentation. This is just like having some already made tunes ready for the directors to select to save time. By 80 he already completed 100 films. So by few films it cannot be 100 films it can be 5-10 films or even 10-20 films, which may be completed around 77-78 itself. I . am not sure if we are extrapolating to our convenience till Eera Vizhi KaaviyangaL which happened in 1982 (almost 8 years after his debut, he would have completed 150 films by that time). Even EVK in that sense was not prepared at all, right? So now, will EVK also belong to underwhelming experimentation? or am I missing something? Please let me know.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
17th August 2012, 06:44 AM
Have they broadened the ticket slot category?!? I find 6 options, previously, was it 3?!

http://www.indianstage.in/EventDetails.do?eventId=3212

Category
Price
(in Rs)

INR 10000(Includes lunch)

INR 7500

INR 5000

INR 3000

INR 1500

INR 1000

MumbaiRamki
17th August 2012, 09:06 AM
Have they broadened the ticket slot category?!? I find 6 options, previously, was it 3?!

http://www.indianstage.in/EventDetails.do?eventId=3212

Category
Price
(in Rs)

INR 10000(Includes lunch)

INR 7500

INR 5000

INR 3000

INR 1500

INR 1000

NO buddy . When I booked a week back, i did all of these options . I guess only 5K is new

raajarasigan
17th August 2012, 12:54 PM
Booked for the show :boo: 1000 rubees ticket..

MumbaiRamki
17th August 2012, 02:30 PM
Met KR today . Some updates about the show .

1) This show is very very personal to Raaja. Not even KR knows what exactly he is going to present . Raja wants to keep this very secret , to his heart , only to his fans . He has planned everything - where the harmonim should be kept, his seat everything - KR told me that he has never seen Raaja sir this energetic and passionate about a show .

2) There will be a small orchestra for this show - 10 piece orchestra . It should be a different feel for us . He will definetly cater to the passionate lovers of his music - thats for sure .

3) About the cost, its very very expensive . From the figure they told me , they will have a loss for the first show - its only when they do it in other cities they can meet or just have minimal profits . Its really HUGE money spent for us .

4) Raaja is very particular about a zero disturbance in the show. Strictly no mobile ringing, or whistling during talks . He is going to discuss about music for passionate lovers and doesnt want thsi to be diluted like normal film song ( OK - we may disagree here - but its just his view )

5) Some more new initiatives will come in - please stay tuned !!!
6) There will be a Q& A session at the end of this . Considering that Raaja sir sensitive, the questions will be filtered first . If there are any questions that needs to be asked, pleas epost here - i Will collect and send it to KR !! Yes , we would love to ask Raaja directly, but just 1 insensitive question may upset him . KR was cool ,upbeat about the show and personally requested all passionate raaaja lovers to attend the show . It is definetly not a normal show as telecasted in a TV or played in Nehru stadium - it is for die hard music fans for sure

MumbaiRamki
17th August 2012, 02:31 PM
Please do post your questions here - I shall consolidate it and send it to KR.

rajaramsgi
17th August 2012, 03:10 PM
http://solvanam.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/405395_10150660078721802_438937326_n.jpg

Thank you Suga for posting this photo, which means a lot to many people here than your beautiful writing, you are a ilakiyavadhi anyways, you know how to make your thoughts come to words and you are doing it great.

Viji Manuel - (Standing 2nd from the left, next to the jolna pai kaarar)
Jaycha - percursionist, standing 5th from the back with the hippi hair style
Purushothaman - Standing with breard and cooling glass
Sundarrajan (*not sure) - standing with his hand touching the chair on which Raja sir is seated.
Sudhakar (*not sure) - standing between Raja Sir and RD Burman. with a Black and white stripped Tshirt
V.S Narashiman (*not sure)- sitting left to Raja Sir

*not sure - they all look different now. can't confirm.

Do you know others? share with us please. I guess this photo must have been taken when RD.Burman came to chennai to record Poo Mazhai Pozhiyudhu songs (remember the famous nadhiya nadhiya nile nadhiya song) somewhere between 1986 and 1987

Note: Raja sir is not in his traditional white shoes. Also check the pant and shirt, idhuvum nalla thaan irukku.

raajarasigan
17th August 2012, 03:14 PM
Ramki,

Please consider this question :)

Will there be any concert arranged specially comprising only the background scores / themes of his earlier works? In turn, the same recording of the concert can be officially released for the passionate fans who are so curious about this BGM.

MumbaiRamki
17th August 2012, 03:32 PM
Ramki,

Please consider this question :)

Will there be any concert arranged specially comprising only the background scores / themes of his earlier works? In turn, the same recording of the concert can be officially released for the passionate fans who are so curious about this BGM.

Saar .. naan verum post man . Added the question to my Word document :)

raja_fan
17th August 2012, 04:27 PM

Thank you Suga for posting this photo, which means a lot to many people here than your beautiful writing, you are a ilakiyavadhi anyways, you know how to make your thoughts come to words and you are doing it great.

Viji Manuel - (Standing 2nd from the left, next to the jolna pai kaarar)
Jaycha - percursionist, standing 5th from the back with the hippi hair style
Purushothaman - Standing with breard and cooling glass
Sundarrajan (*not sure) - standing with his hand touching the chair on which Raja sir is seated.
Sudhakar (*not sure) - standing between Raja Sir and RD Burman. with a Black and white stripped Tshirt
V.S Narashiman (*not sure)- sitting left to Raja Sir

*not sure - they all look different now. can't confirm.

Do you know others? share with us please. I guess this photo must have been taken when RD.Burman came to chennai to record Poo Mazhai Pozhiyudhu songs (remember the famous nadhiya nadhiya nile nadhiya song) somewhere between 1986 and 1987

Note: Raja sir is not in his traditional white shoes. Also check the pant and shirt, idhuvum nalla thaan irukku.

"Poo mazhai pozhiyudu" is by Lakshmikanth Pyarelal ? Isn't it ? It certainly doesn't contain the class of RDB !

KV
17th August 2012, 04:42 PM
Ramki, thanks for the information! Well, I don't really know how many of our questions would reach raaja, but muyarchi panni dhaan pappOmE nu thonuchu.
Here are some that I have in mind so far:

(Addressed to Raaja)
1) I see you as a composer who has been constantly evolving in his musical style, techniques and sound. In my perception, this probably is one of the most crucial aspects behind you being ‘current’ through four decades of constantly changing music scene.
a) How do you view your evolution as a composer?
b) How much of this is a result of progression/alteration in your musical ideologies and how much of it is driven by industry trends?
c) How do you strike a balance between these two?

2) On different occasions, you have quoted several musicians as your favorites and how they’ve been inspirational to you, namely WCM masters and Indian music directors from the past. Although I completely concur with your philosophy of ‘all music is the same; only our interpretations are different’, I have a special fondness for certain elements in your music like influences of jazz and rock music (especially jazz rock and progressive rock). Can you share with us your interest in these genres and some of the artists who have inspired you?

3) The music industry, since the last two decades or so, has seen technology taking giant strides, impacting the whole cycle of music making, starting from composing to recording, release and distribution. Keeping the other areas aside, I’d like to particularly focus on the musical aspects, namely composing and playing, which in my humble opinion, form the heart and soul of any composition. Having grown up listening predominantly to your music along with other artists from the 60s, 70s and 80s, I’m a huge fan of acoustic music/real instruments, the effect and impact of which, I feel, have never been replicated/matched by synthesized music. It is also my opinion that increasing dependency on synthesized/packaged music has led to a drastic drop in the quality of musicians and on music as a whole. The thought that we might see the day when there are no more real/live instruments, leaving synthesized music our only option, scares and pains me thoroughly.
As a senior musician and composer who has lived through many years of live music and real playing, do you think a revival can be brought about in this? What is it that could be done to make the common audience and music industry embrace and celebrate live/real music playing again?