PDA

View Full Version : Why such comment?

venkkiram
7th September 2010, 08:56 PM
சமீபத்தில் பார்க்க நேர்ந்த "ஹரியுடன் நான்" தொடரில் ஒரு போட்டியாளர் "உறவுகள் தொடர்கதை.." என்ற பாடலை பாடினார். அந்தப் பாடல் உருவாக்கத்தை சிலாகித்து ஜேம்ஸ் வசந்தன் பேசும் போது, "ராஜாவின் ஆரம்ப காலக் கட்டத்தில் வந்த பாடல் இது. இதைப் போல அதற்கு முன்னும் ஒரு பாடலை அவர் தரவில்லை. அதற்குப் பின்னும் அவர் இதுவரை அதுபோன்ற ஒரு பாடலை தரவில்லை" எனப் பேசினார். ஏன் அப்படி சொன்னார் என அவரிடம் நேரில் கேட்டுத் தெரிந்து கொள்ள வாய்ப்பில்லை. இசையறிவு உள்ள அன்பர்கள் பதில் கூறலாம். ஏன் ஜேம்ஸ் வசந்தனுக்கு அப்படி யொரு கருத்தை சொல்லத் தோன்றியது? உண்மையிலேயே அந்த அளவுக்கு அந்தப் பாடல் உருவாக்கத்தில் ஏதாவது மகிமை இருக்கிறதா? இல்லை அதீதமாக உணர்ச்சிவசப்பட்ட நிலையில் உதிக்கப்பட்ட கருத்தாக எடுத்துக் கொள்ளலாமா?

(இது போன்ற பலரது பல கருத்துக்கள் சார்ந்த கேள்விகள் நமது மனதில் எழக்கூடும். அதை இங்கே கேட்டுத் தெரிந்து கொள்ள ஒரு திரி..)

jaiganes
7th September 2010, 10:41 PM
சமீபத்தில் பார்க்க நேர்ந்த "ஹரியுடன் நான்" தொடரில் ஒரு போட்டியாளர் "உறவுகள் தொடர்கதை.." என்ற பாடலை பாடினார். அந்தப் பாடல் உருவாக்கத்தை சிலாகித்து ஜேம்ஸ் வசந்தன் பேசும் போது, "ராஜாவின் ஆரம்ப காலக் கட்டத்தில் வந்த பாடல் இது. இதைப் போல அதற்கு முன்னும் ஒரு பாடலை அவர் தரவில்லை. அதற்குப் பின்னும் அவர் இதுவரை அதுபோன்ற ஒரு பாடலை தரவில்லை" எனப் பேசினார். ஏன் அப்படி சொன்னார் என அவரிடம் நேரில் கேட்டுத் தெரிந்து கொள்ள வாய்ப்பில்லை. இசையறிவு உள்ள அன்பர்கள் பதில் கூறலாம். ஏன் ஜேம்ஸ் வசந்தனுக்கு அப்படி யொரு கருத்தை சொல்லத் தோன்றியது? உண்மையிலேயே அந்த அளவுக்கு அந்தப் பாடல் உருவாக்கத்தில் ஏதாவது மகிமை இருக்கிறதா? இல்லை அதீதமாக உணர்ச்சிவசப்பட்ட நிலையில் உதிக்கப்பட்ட கருத்தாக எடுத்துக் கொள்ளலாமா?

(இது போன்ற பலரது பல கருத்துக்கள் சார்ந்த கேள்விகள் நமது மனதில் எழக்கூடும். அதை இங்கே கேட்டுத் தெரிந்து கொள்ள ஒரு திரி..)

that film is a very special film - its music is undoubtedly phenomenal. Every song is in a different genre. I would have to differ with JV in that he hasnt given a song like that. He has given many songs in that style (genre) in many of the Balu MAhendra films. En iniya pon nilaave immediately comes to my mind. Not much of a cello - violin ensemble, mild strumming of guitar, male voice predominant, mostly sung by either jayachandran or KJY or likes, mostly Western influenced (mostly blues and jazz), Apt for intimate romantic moments, gives me a shade of "Unnidam mayangigirEn" by V.Kumar. Just that only Balu Mahendraa was able to give similar situations later on. By late 80s, Raaja' musical phonomenon had evolved into a radical genre breaking fusion of WCM ensemble playing carnatic melodies and vice versa in a folkish tune, we didnt get to hear more of "Uravugal thodargadhai". Probably directors were not specific about the music too. In this case, the character singing was a Western Music officiando (son of a christian priest) and it had more to dictate Raaja on the style to adopt.

baroque
7th September 2010, 11:01 PM
I don't know JV's comment.

It is one of my favorite song.
I absolutely adore it.

எனக்கு film பத்தி தெரியாது..... நான் பார்த்தது கிடையாது...

I only comprehend the lyrics and the bgm & the emotions in the vocal.

It is a pure western classical music (thanks to CSR...avardhaan WCM theory solli koduththaa!)
It has no traditional percussion like tabala or mirudhangam or drums.
But the percussion with guitar strings & piano.(WCM)
amazing piano, veena, violin & luring flute. :musicsmile:

Lyrics is nice. :clap:

my cd says ...
பாடல் வரிகள்......கங்கை அமரன்.

theme is
Let us have a relationship based on a strong foundation - love, trust not on impulsive lust.
உன் நெஞ்சிலே பாரம் உனக்காகவே நானும்
சுமைதாங்கியாய் தாங்குவேன்....
உன் கண்களின் ஓரம் எதற்காகவோ ஈரம்
கண்ணீரை நான் மாற்றுவேன்
I comfort you, take care of you... etc...
சொல்லிண்டே he will seduce her at the end of the composition ...
நதியிலே புதுப்புனல் கடலிலே கலந்தது
நம் சொந்தமோ இன்று இணைந்தது இன்பம் பிறந்தது.

எனக்கு film பத்தி தெரியாது..... நான் பார்த்தது கிடையாது...
the last lines suggest the girl surrendered / yielded to his wish .

possibly this guy is a scum , despicable fellow too ...அவளை ஏமாத்தி விடுவானோ in the film ? :x

sober mood but seduction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5b7foBYkf8
Vinatha.

app_engine
7th September 2010, 11:17 PM
In the same 'genre', Raja has done a phenomenal 'niRam piriththuppArththEn' in the late 90's even.

Unfortunate that this was not picturised and happened to be for a dumb movie :-( Possibly JV didn't even have a chance to listen to it...

baroque
7th September 2010, 11:37 PM
no traditional percussion ...Indian cinema has done .
from M.S.விஸ்வநாதன், S .D.Burman etc... have done earlier too.
thanks to CSR for his WCM theory.
Guru Dutt classic
One of my favorite Geeta Dutt classic.
Waqt ne kiya kya haseen sitam ...what a beautiful cruelties/torture, time has inflicted..Beqaraar Dil Is Tarha Mile..jis tarha kabhi ham juda na the...anxious/restless hearts met...as if we never separated...jaayenge kaha sujhta nahi....where do we go? we don't know...
kaagaz ke phool camera is OUTSTANDING...luminous..word they define.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXZR57XQ7yI
M.S.விஸ்வநாதன் done it all.
violin, accordion, guitar, sitar....
எங்கிருந்தோ ஆசைகள்
எண்ணத்திலே ஓசைகள் ... சந்திரோதயம்......ஜெயலலிதா...
http://www.dishant.com/jukebox.php?songid=57666

No wonder I crawl forever under :ty: 80s Ilayaraaja,
Ilayaraaja runs around admires them all! :clap:

vinatha.

A.ANAND
8th September 2010, 07:34 AM
unarchivasapattu solli irukalam james!

vel
8th September 2010, 10:59 AM
JV is a pukka tension party and is very emotional guy...cynical and too touchy about nuances...he also said similar thing for paadu nilavae...he said paadu nilavae was a historic achievement in the Indian film music world...it is a marvelous achievement in terms of experimentations as a composer and a milestone in raja's music...

raajarasigan
8th September 2010, 12:19 PM
JV is a pukka tension party and is very emotional guy...cynical and too touchy about nuances...he also said similar thing for paadu nilavae...he said paadu nilavae was a historic achievement in the Indian film music world...it is a marvelous achievement in terms of experimentations as a composer and a milestone in raja's music...Vel, is it paadu nilave song OR the movie? paadu nilave song itself had a very good experimentation in the second interlude which SPB stated many times... :D ( at least thrice as I saw)

vel
8th September 2010, 12:46 PM
raajarasigan, of course it is paadu nilavae, the song that he was talking about...And yes, SPB also has explained the scale change experimentation in the interludes several times !

music man
8th September 2010, 02:19 PM
James Vasanthan as Vel had said is an emotional fellow...I have found in a few programs where he was part of the selection panel, ...he used to bash the participants and used to insult the participants depressing them to the core.

JV was a music teacher then took up TV media..He has composed for only a few movies(may be 3 to 5)...I have watched that program "Hariyudan Naan"....Hariharan is best..deserves to be the judge..Sharath is OK..But JV usually doesn't praise that much...But when it comes to criticisms, he blatantly says..."Worst singing, Poor pitch,etc etc...."

This is where legends like SPB stand apart..His presence elevates the participants and he never utters a harsh word..

James Vasanthan is a hardcore IR fan...So etho unarchi vasapattu pesirupaaru....

But this song "Uravugal Thodarkathai" is one of the magical gems of IR...Truly a treasure..

music man
8th September 2010, 02:21 PM
IR must give songs like this now..This will be a true experience for all the young folks who are immersed in techno trance and hip hop...

Sureshs65
8th September 2010, 03:33 PM
As suggested by Jai, I think James Vasanthan was probably referring to that genre of songs. Almost minimal orchestration, no major rhythm in the background etc. Having said that, it is quite risky to say Raja has not done this again type of thing. It is very much possible that he has done it in some obscure movie and the song did not get noticed. Or as app_eng pointed out there could be songs which James Vasanthan doesnt know about.

It is very obvious to me that JV was referring to the genre and not Raja's composing skills :)

Sanjeevi
8th September 2010, 10:42 PM
தற்குறிப்பேற்ற அணி (http://alaivarisai-mss.blogspot.com/2009/09/blog-post.html)

வேறு ஒன்றும் சொல்வதற்கில்லை

njv
20th September 2010, 02:43 PM
Praising IR by both JV and Saradh becoming normal in hariyudan naan.

Last week it was for both (machana paatheengala from annakili (they were praising how this changed TFM, te idea of introducing guitar and western chords for folk song and how popular and inspirational this song is in malayalam industry) and andha nilavathaan from mudhal mariyadai (JV went to his nostalgia, this is the first song he saw IR composing as student and how he couldn't believe the whole arrangements and composition was done in 10 minutes, how the notes were distributed and recorded, all in 3 hrs, JV mentioned that IR kept on writing notes (with out scrATching head) how a human can compose such beautiful composition with extensive stri g Arrangements).

Next round is non-IR. It's MSV-KB round, but definitely not to be missed. Perish (MSV) also composed some unbelievable tunes, something for young generation to steal!

njv
20th September 2010, 02:52 PM
Praising IR by both JV and Saradh becoming normal in hariyudan naan.

Last week it was for both (machana paatheengala from annakili (they were praising how this changed TFM, te idea of introducing guitar and western chords for folk song and how popular and inspirational this song is in malayalam industry) and andha nilavathaan from mudhal mariyadai (JV went to his nostalgia, this is the first song he saw IR composing as student and how he couldn't believe the whole arrangements and composition was done in 10 minutes, how the notes were distributed and recorded, all by 1 pm, he mentioned that IR keep on writing notes with out even a second of thinking and how a human can compose such beautiful composition with extensive stri. Arrangements).

Next round is non-IR. It's MSV-KB round, but definitely not to be missed. Perish (MSV) also composed some unbelievable tunes, something for young generation to steal!