PDA

View Full Version : MS rendering Thyagaraja Krithis

Oldposts
23rd January 2005, 03:29 PM
Topic started by Shyam Laxminarayan (shyam@socrates.berkeley.edu) on Wed Jul 21 15:36:13 .

Dear friends,
I am currently collecting the Thyagaraja krithi renditions by artists and have upto 65 90 minute tapes so far. I would really appreciate it if anyone could direct me as to where I could get MS rendition of Thyagaraja krithis maybe at one of the aradhanas.
Thanks,
Shyam

Oldposts
I have MS singing the following songs (from different concerts): Dudukugala-Gaula, Jnana mosagarada-Purvikalyani, Soga suga-Shriranjani, Tera tiyagarada-Gaulipantu, O Rangashayi-Kambhoji, Rama nannu brovara-Harikambhoji, Shobhillu saptasvara-Jaganmohini, Vinayakuni valenu brova-Madhyamavati, Venugana loluni-Kedaragaula, Vidulaku mrokkeda-Varali, Varanarada narayana-Vijayashri, Challare-Ahiri. If you are interested let me know. I also have 7 non-commercial cassettes of DKJ plus 4 or 5 live concerts where he sings with DKP. I live in Canada

Oldposts
Dear Shyam

Do you have the HMV releases :
1.Live at Carnigie hall and
2. Live at UNO,NY

Both of them have some tyagaraja krithis like:

Sobillu (Janganmohini)
Rama rama (Simmehndra Madhyamam)etc.

Oldposts
Dear Mr.Gopal,
I actually have compiled 2 tapes of MS rendering some krithis of Thyagarajaswami, and I have both those HMV releases on CD. I heard that Raj video Vision had released an aradhana recording of MS. I am looking for that sorta stuff.
Thanks
Shyam
P.S. Rama Rama Gunaseema in Simhendramadhyamam is a Swathi Thirunal composition.

Oldposts
Dear Shyam

Thanks for the correction.

Do you have the HMV release (2 vol's) of MS & Semmangudi giving a concert together -Divine Unison.

Thanks again

gopal

Oldposts
Dear Gopal,
Yes I have ordered that album. Can you tell me what songs they have sung, is it a total of 4 tapes
and how is it?
Thanks,
Shyam

Oldposts
Shyam,

Wow. It's an excellent collection and rare too. I I have only 2 tapes(Sent to me from India by my brother). I don't know if there are two more.

A few which stays on top of my mind. Will give you the exact list tomorrow.

Vol 1 has:
Rama Ni Samanam Evaru- KHP--Main
Thillana-Thirnana thina theentha thirana-Senchurutti

Vol.2 has :

Sri Kanthimathim -- Hemavathi ( Excellent piece)

I've listened to this from TN Sesha Goapalan back in India once. Is there any other song you know of in Hemavathi..?

Oldposts
I have a concert recording of MSS - Bombay, 1975 which has the following T's songs:

sugunamulE - chakravAham
dhArini telusu konti - suddha sAvEri
mI vallaguna - kApi
varanArada nArayana smaranA - vijayasrI

Let me know if you have them.

Sree

Oldposts
Mr. Sreeram,
I would love to have a copy if possible. My email is shyam@socrates.berkeley.edu
Thanks,
Shyam

Oldposts
The best of MS songs which I adore are as follows:
1.Nee irangayenil Pugaledhu
2.Vandinam uralum Solai
3.Mudi Onri Moovulagangalum aandukon
4.Vadavarayai maththakki vasugii naanaakki
Do you like them?

Oldposts
Absolutely! Also, I got this set of cassettes that was released on her 80th B'day. It has Neelakanta Sivan's sambhO mahA dEva in bhoopAlam. Wonderful rendering by MSS. Add kurai onRum illai and kArthikEyA kankEyA in tOdi to your list.

Oldposts
How can I get a copy of some of the collections that you have ?

Thanks - Usha

Oldposts
me too wants a copy of some of the live concert recordings I have of late taken to collecting tapes and have about four live concerts in all of MMI .I want to improve on this collection .can you please suggest a way..
Thanks and regards,
Prasad

Oldposts
Can we organize the uploading of personal collections with the help of the cyber-savvy ?

The bharat.com sites understandably only gives vignettes. The Sivakumar Dikshitar site is better but except for the ariyakudi and few others, only fragments appear. Kutchery and Indiavision are marginally better, I think.

What are the details of compressing (MP3) and hooking your tape-spool etc. Is it all too prohibitive ? What about copyright ?

Oldposts
live concerts should not be a problem I suppose..
even I have such an idea but no resources..
:-(

Oldposts
Sree (@ 239.columbus

Hello sri,

Shambo mahadeva is bhowli and not bhupalam.

Vasu

Oldposts
Sree (@ 239.columbus

Hello sri,

Vasu

Oldposts
Sree (@ 239.columbus

Hello sri,

Vasu

Oldposts
Can anyone give me copies of any songs/krithis rendered by the following artists? Sowmya, Sudha Raghunathan, Nithyasree, Yesudas, MS Subbulakshmi, ML Vasanthakumari, D.K. Pattamal, Balamuralikrishan and also Semmangudi.
They can be in the following formats, any real media/audio, mp3,wma,wav and quite a few others. Let me know.
Nishanth

Oldposts
Do u have the Melaragamalika cassette?
It is one song where all 72 melakarta ragas occur in their own order with the their names being cleverly built into the lyrics.

Oldposts
Dear Friends,

I am working with All India Radio central archive and we are planning to release a Cd of M.S's AIR recordings. Will you able to provide a list if items already in market so that we can avoid some duplications.

S.Gopalakrishnan
Central Archive
All India Radio,
New Delhi

Oldposts
HI friends if you wanna
Largest Collection of Free Ringtones Latest
First Time In India Free Yahoo Photo Chat...
Hindi Songs Latest Commercials English Songs
Free Polyphonic Tones
Latest Hindi Songs
Latest English Songs
latest Remix and Pop Songs
Latest Video Songs
Free SMS
Just Visit http://www.masti4india.com

Oldposts
very good friends Let us form a MS Fan club & keep progreessing . Is it ok then start now

Oldposts
very good friends Let us form a MS Fan club & keep progreessing . Is it ok then start now

Oldposts
In response to the call from "Vasanthan" to start a MS Fan club, I wish to inform that there is a "Subbulakshmi" group in Yahoo Groups. Interested persons can join the group at the following link http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Subbulakshmi. If you are not able to do so, send a mail to Subbulakshmi-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

<a name="last"></a>