PDA

View Full Version : best song in 'Ninaikka Therintha Maname" - poll

Sanjeevi
2nd September 2010, 12:37 AM
Ninaikka Therintha Maname starring Mohan and Rupini

KJJ rocked and this album is out n out KJJ's except the female solo Ilamai rathathil :P. I think NTM was a flop movie and Mohan was in end of his dream run.

vote for your 'manankavarntha paadal'

Sanjeevi
2nd September 2010, 12:40 AM
Listen here

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBIRR00428&lang=en

jaiganes
2nd September 2010, 12:45 AM

KJJ rocked and this album is out n out KJJ's except the female solo Ilamai rathathil :P. I think NTM was a flop movie and Mohan was in end of his dream run.

vote for your 'manankavarntha paadal'
NTM was 100 days movie. Magazines appreciated the role of chandrasekhat and roopini in the movie.

Sanjeevi
2nd September 2010, 12:52 AM
Climax in train? correct? 'Kadhal' padam maathiriyaana climax?. I harly remember one or two scenes.

sorry I was not sure about BO status

jaiganes
2nd September 2010, 01:03 AM
yes - kinda like kadhal.
I voted for chinna chinna - that is so "out there" when it comes to instrumentation.

raagadevan
2nd September 2010, 09:34 AM

KJJ rocked and this album is out n out KJJ's except the female solo Ilamai rathathil :P. I think NTM was a flop movie and Mohan was in end of his dream run.'

Sanjeevi: Unfortunately for K.J. Yesudas, most of his great songs were in "flop" movies; in Hindi, Telugu, Kannada and even in Tamil!

baroque
2nd September 2010, 11:10 AM
Sanjeevi: Unfortunately for K.J. Yesudas, most of his great songs were in "flop" movies; in Hindi, Telugu, Kannada and even in Tamil!

ம்ம்ம்...அப்படியா என்ன?

ஸ்ரீ.யேசுதாஸ் has sung some fine சங்கீதம் for இளையராஜா in some very popular movies .

some of them in தமிழ் ...
வருஷம் 16
ஆனந்த ராகம்
அக்னி நட்சத்திரம்
அம்மன் கோயில் கிழக்காலே
என் பொம்முக்குட்டி அம்மாவுக்கு
கோபுர வாசலிலே
கேளடி கண்மணி
அரங்கேற்ற வேலை
தர்மத்தின் தலைவன்
ஆத்மா
ஈரமான ரோஜாவே
முள்ளும் மலரும்
நல்லவனுக்கு நல்லவன்
பிரியா
ரெட்டைவால் குருவி
ராஜ பார்வை
மீண்டும் கோகிலா
மூன்றாம் பிறை
சிந்துபைரவி
தூறல் நின்னு போச்சு
டிக் டிக் டிக்

மலையாளம்.....
achchuvinte amma , Guru , oolangal , kochu kochu santhoshangal ....

Hindi classics like Chitchor, Chashme Buddoor, Chhoti si baat etc...

vinatha.

raagadevan
3rd September 2010, 04:50 AM

ம்ம்ம்...அப்படியா என்ன?
vinatha.

Vinatha: My statement that "most" of his great songs were in "flop" movies was an overstatement! Of course he sang in a large number of great movies in all languages; but some of his greatest songs were in movies that flopped commercially. Examples in Hindi are "chasmE buddoor" (great songs, but the movie was not a commercial success); "aalaap" (one of the very few, if not the only Amitab Bacchan movie that was a commercial disaster); "saawan kO aanE dO" (seven fabulous classical songs sung by Yesudas, composed by the great Rajkamal, but the movie did not make much money); "apnE parayE", etc, etc. There are several such examples in other languages too.

The other movies that you listed were very popular indeed.

Sorry for the distraction, Sanjeevi :) Now, back to the discussion on ninaikka therintha manamE...

baroque
3rd September 2010, 06:14 AM
mmm.... :)
vinatha.

raagadevan
3rd September 2010, 10:01 AM
Sanjeevi:

"engengu nee senRapOdhum..." is my favorite song from "ninaikka therindha manamE"! That is one of the songs that I have listened to the most, in any language! I even played it several times on my car stereo hoping that the other person in the car would listen to it!!! Whether or not that song had any effect on my personal/romantic life would remain a mystery; until you get a chance to watch the movie ; if and when I decide to release the movie for public viewing!!! :D

எங்கெங்கு நீ சென்றபோதும்
என் நெஞ்சமே உன்னை தேடும்
ஆனந்த கீதம் ஆரம்பமாகும்
காலங்கள் யாவும் நம்மோடு பாடும்
பூங்காற்று தாலாட்டும் அன்பே அன்பே...

raagadevan
3rd September 2010, 10:15 AM
:)

Sureshs65
3rd September 2010, 10:42 AM
Sanjeevi,

Tough choice actually. As Jai says, 'chinna chinna' is superb from the orchestration point of view and the tune is also equally good. 'kannuku kannku' is another gem which I listen to often. But I will go with raagadevan and vote for 'engengum nee'. This creates an ideal world all of us long for. Unlike raagadevan, I can safely say that it had no impact on my romantic life :)

Waterloo
3rd September 2010, 10:43 AM
My pick is Ilamairadhathil KSC's vibrant singing ! Ofcourse, 3 Cheers to Isainyani IR for setting up a nice rhythm.

Waterloo
3rd September 2010, 10:51 AM
An interesting screen play. It will be like Chandrasekhar- a story writer , who marries Roopini, , who is Mohan's x lover. As they travel by train, Mohan meets them accidentally. While Chandra has a running story which is very similar to Mohan-Roopini past , the end will be quite interesting !

A fair portion of the screen play is being covered through conversations on the train !

Good movie.

raagadevan
3rd September 2010, 11:57 AM
Sanjeevi, I will go with raagadevan and vote for 'engengum nee'. This creates an ideal world all of us long for. Unlike raagadevan, I can safely say that it had no impact on my romantic life :)

:)

thriinone
3rd September 2010, 12:10 PM
சுவையானதொரு திரி துவங்கியமைக்கு நன்றி. "எங்கெங்கு நீ சென்ற போதும்" பாடலைத் தேர்வு செய்திருக்கிறேன். இப்பாடல் ஹிந்தி தழுவல் இல்லை என்றாலும், "து ஜஹான் ஜஹான் சலேகா" என்ற பாடலின் வரிகளை, ஏறக்குறைய அதே அர்த்தம் வருவதால், நினைவு படுத்தும். பெற்றோர- பிள்ளைகளின் தூரம், காதலன்-காதலியின் தொலைவு, சகோதர-சகோதரி பாசங்கள், நண்பர்களின் தூரம் என அன்புற்ற நெஞ்சங்கள் அனைத்திற்குமான வரி.

Sanjeevi
3rd September 2010, 12:16 PM
"engengu nee senRapOdhum..." is my favorite song from "ninaikka therindha manamE"! That is one of the songs that I have listened to the most, in any language! I even played it several times on my car stereo

That will be a virtual heaven :).

I expect someone to rave about Kannukkum song because I know some people who became mad on this song.

Devaraagam
3rd September 2010, 04:00 PM
my pick in NTM is "smile please.....kannukkum kannukkum.." I had lost myself in to this many times..especially when KKJ says smile please and the way song starts from there...Wov..............

Sanjeevi
3rd September 2010, 05:13 PM
my pick in NTM is "smile please.....kannukkum kannukkum.." I had lost myself in to this many times..especially when KKJ says smile please and the way song starts from there...Wov..............

+1

Shakthiprabha
3rd September 2010, 05:29 PM
"engengu nee sendra pothum" for its haunting feel.