PDA

View Full Version : Eleven talents that kept me very busy - Ricky Ponting

19thmay
23rd August 2010, 10:48 AM
Seperate thread? Yes, this article has some good debatable points.

Precisely this is Ponting's XI

1. Virendar Sehwag [India]
2. Graeme Smith [S.Africa]
3. Jacques Kallis [S.Africa]
4. Sachin Tendulkar [India]
5. Brian Lara [West Indies]
6. Kumar Sangakara [Sri Lanka]
7. Andrew Flintoff [England]
8. Curtly Ambrose [West Indies]
9. Wasim Akram [Pakistan]
10. Shaun Pollock [S.Africa]
11. M.Muralitharan [Sri Lanka]

Read more...

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/eleven-talents-that-kept-me-very-busy/story-e6frg7tf-1225907977785

raajarasigan
23rd August 2010, 10:53 AM
19th May,

with the article's subject, I think being an AUS captain, he is very busy in tackling these talents... in the sense, they are giving nightmares to Ponting.. not only warne, there is NO aus player...

Well!! I am posting this without reading the article... :) I may be wrong..

19thmay
23rd August 2010, 10:55 AM
Yes you are right, I realized it after posting that.

Sourav
23rd August 2010, 03:53 PM
flop_thread :thumbsdown: :devil:

Roshan
23rd August 2010, 05:05 PM
flop_thread :thumbsdown: :devil:

:lol:

19thmay
23rd August 2010, 05:42 PM
Hey ennapa ellarum kai kotti sirikira maadhri panniteenga?! :lol:

You too Roshan? :twisted:

Sourav
23rd August 2010, 05:45 PM
ok, lets start... :mrgreen:

Virender Sehwag, the right-hander, has an almost unique ability to be able to take an attack down and change the course of a Test in an hour, even half an hour. When he is on top of his game he is as good as anyone who has ever picked up a cricket bat, but it is also true that when he is out of touch he looks like he has never batted before in his life. Indian conditions suit him because the ball doesn't swing much over there, so he can get away with not using his feet much. He's scored two triple centuries in Tests, both on the sub-continent, but he's also reached three figures in Tests at Melbourne, Adelaide, Bloemfontein, St Lucia and Nottingham, so he is certainly capable of making runs anywhere in the world.
ithula konjam vanja pughazchi irukkura maathii irukku?! athukkaka :hammer: @ ponting.
wats in eng 4 vanja pughazchi?

GP
23rd August 2010, 05:52 PM
Virender Sehwag, the right-hander, has an almost unique ability to be able to take an attack down and change the course of a Test in an hour, even half an hour. When he is on top of his game he is as good as anyone who has ever picked up a cricket bat, but it is also true that when he is out of touch he looks like he has never batted before in his life. Indian conditions suit him because the ball doesn't swing much over there, so he can get away with not using his feet much. He's scored two triple centuries in Tests, both on the sub-continent, but he's also reached three figures in Tests at Melbourne, Adelaide, Bloemfontein, St Lucia and Nottingham, so he is certainly capable of making runs anywhere in the world.
:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: Ponting
Ponting sub-continent la aadura latchanam theriyaadhaa? ingathaan ball swing aagaadhE, naalanju triple century pOtiruka vEndiyadhuthanE? :huh:

Plum
23rd August 2010, 05:59 PM

indha article-E is targetted at softening up sub-continental audience - retirement nEram nerungiduchulla. media assignments are lucrative only if sub-continent can take you to heart(think Boycott). But the "inner Ponting" in him is showing up in sentences like the bold one above :-)

sathya_1979
23rd August 2010, 06:02 PM

indha article-E is targetted at softening up sub-continental audience - retirement nEram nerungiduchulla. media assignments are lucrative only if sub-continent can take you to heart(think Boycott). But the "inner Ponting" in him is showing up in sentences like the bold one above :-)
ek hi kal mein dhO maanga! idhu mattum illaama Hayden Stylela Kolkatta is my second home nu sollaama irukkaNum :lol:

ajithfederer
26th August 2010, 10:45 PM
:clap: Ponting.

I am in agreement with most of what Ponting has said. The team looks solid but I would have picked Donald instead of Pollock. Why do we need three (Kallis, flintoff and Pollock) all rounders in the team. If this top 7 can't score more than 400-500 no other team can. We can sacrifice one all-rounder to take in a lethal bowler.