PDA

View Full Version : GOD of Cricket -Sachin Tendulkar's Mumbai Indians -Edition 2

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Thirumaran
12th April 2010, 11:18 AM
As Expected by Billion People of India and 123147 registered users of hub, Mumbai indians Team Lead by the Only GOD of Cricket is the first Team to reach Semis of 2010 Edition IPL.

No Wonder Sachin Tendulkar itself is the Leading run scorer :redjump:

[html:c6656f49b2]
http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/116100/116102.jpg
[/html:c6656f49b2]

For more information
http://www.mumbaiindians.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mumbai_Indians

For Team details Check..

http://www.cricinfo.com/ipl-mumbai/content/squad/448339.html

Remaining matches for Mumbai indians..

Tue Apr 13
10:30 GMT | 16:00 local
16:00 IST
Mumbai Indians v Delhi Daredevils
Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai

Sat Apr 17
16:00 IST
Royal Challengers Bangalore v Mumbai Indians
M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore

Mon Apr 19
14:30 GMT | 20:00 local
20:00 IST
Kolkata Knight Riders v Mumbai Indians
Eden Gardens, Kolkata

A Semi Final

And a Possible Final :wink:

Previous Edition here :P

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=12931

Thirumaran
12th April 2010, 11:21 AM
Any Changes or Suggestion welcome :P

BM
12th April 2010, 11:40 AM
Sachin :notworthy:

viraajan
12th April 2010, 02:54 PM
Sachin.......... The Lord! :bow: :redjump: :swinghead:

Plum
12th April 2010, 03:39 PM
ennappA pOna thread-ai 99-la runout paNNittInga; tamizh cinema sentiment padi romba uruthudhuppA.
TM, unlock it so that mangaLagaramA 100-la vara vazhachittu lock paNNikkalAm

P_R
12th April 2010, 03:40 PM
ennappA pOna thread-ai 99-la runout paNNittInga; tamizh cinema sentiment padi romba uruthudhuppA.
No. Namakku century mukkiyamE illai-nu kaamikka idhu oru vaaippu.

littlemaster1982
12th April 2010, 04:36 PM
[tscii:286894bde7]The man, and the magic (http://prempanicker.wordpress.com/2010/04/12/the-man-and-the-magic/#comments)

For a long time now, I’ve steered well clear of the temptation — and fresh temptations arise every single time he walks onto a cricket field — to write about Sachin Tendulkar.

It is – and there is no shame in admitting it – a cop out; it stems from the realization that the ability to string words together to convey a sense of wonder has its limitations.

You can do it once, twice, even a dozen times. But this one man forces you to find new words, new thoughts, to reinvent language – and he has been doing that for over two decades now. I don’t know how Harsha Bhogle, Rohit Brijnath, Sambit and some of the other top cricket writers cope with this challenge. Speaking for myself, I prefer to bail, to use “It’s all been said before” as an excuse to avoid confronting the limitations of the written word.

And then he goes out there and does something you cannot but take notice of – like in the game yesterday against the Rajasthan Royals.

It is not that he paced his innings to perfection [his 50 came off 45 balls, the next 14 balls produced 39 runs). Or that he has emerged as the highest scorer in this edition of the IPL. Or that he has accumulated all those runs without ever needing to play an unaesthetic stroke, to go airborne (with the two sixes he hit in the final over of his innings yesterday, he now has three for a tournament where the current tally is over 500) .

What rocked me back in my seat yesterday was the two braces he ran off Sidharth Trivedi’s final over. On both occasions, there was only a single to be had as his drives off the front foot raced to the fielder in the deep; on both he was so hungry for the strike, so keen to maximize every single ball that remained, that he turned and ran the second even as the throw was airborne; on both occasions the throw was straight and hard to the keeper -- and yet, he easily beat the throw both times.

How does he do this? Where does this seemingly inexhaustible well of energy, this relentless drive, come from?

And – this for me is the really scary thought – just how much has he still got left in the tank?

His longevity has been admired almost as much as his playing record. On his blog feed, Anaggh [Twitter] recently had this post (http://anaggh.posterous.com/for-sachin-lovers):

When Sachin Tendulkar traveled to Pakistan to face one of the finest bowling attacks ever assembled in cricket…

#Michael Schumacher was yet to race an F1 car

#Lance Armstrong had never been to the Tour de France

#Diego Maradona was still the Captain of a World Champion Argentina team

#Pete Sampras had never won a Grand Slam

When Tendulkar embarked on a glorious career taming Imran and company…

#Roger Federer was a name unheard of

#Lionel Messi was in his nappies

#Usain Bolt was an unknown kid in the Jamaican backwaters

#The Berlin Wall was still intact

#USSR was one big, big country

#Dr Manmohan Singh was yet to open up the Nehruvian economy.

At a more personal level, Sachin made his international debut November 15, 1989. Two weeks later, I got my first regular job as a journalist.

I love what I do, just as much as I did December 1, 1989 when I first took my assigned place in a newsroom, thrilling to the knowledge that I was now a ‘byline’ and more importantly, that I would henceforth be paid to do what I loved doing anyway – to wit, play with words.

That love, that thrill remains undimmed. But as the years go by, it is increasingly difficult to keep the motivational levels up through the day, through the working weeks and months and years. With each successive year, it becomes harder to summon up the same energy; to, if you will, take those short singles at work and to convert those ones into twos.

So how in hell does this man do it? How, after all these years, does he not only maintain the phenomenally high standard he set at the start, but constantly raise the bar even further? And how in hell does he convey the impression that his enjoyment has only increased with time?

Great article :notworthy: :notworthy:

[/tscii:286894bde7]

raghavendran
12th April 2010, 06:14 PM
No. Namakku century mukkiyamE illai-nu kaamikka idhu oru vaaippu.
sachin thrdukku century mukkyam illiya???? :shock: :shock:

ajithfederer
12th April 2010, 06:46 PM
:notworthy: :clap: :thumbsup:

ajithfederer
12th April 2010, 08:23 PM
Preview: Conflicting fortunes

Mumbai: Following three difficult games on the road, the Mumbai Indians return to the Brabourne Stadium for their last home game of IPL Season-3 against Delhi Daredevils on Tuesday afternoon. The tickets for the game have been sold out two weeks in advance, as ‘The Mumbai Paltan’ prepares itself for a last peak at the MI superstars in their home stadium.

Delhi Daredevils come into the contest having capitulated to the Kings XI Punjab on Sunday, knowing that a loss here could put them out of reckoning for a semi-final berth. Mumbai have the luxury of striking a balance between experimenting and retaining their momentum in a high-voltage clash.

Sachin Tendulkar comes into the game with 512 runs from 11 matches, with an average of over fifty and a strike rate of a shade under 140. His dream run includes five match-winning fifties, and the maestro would be keen to score at one or two more outings before heading to Bangalore for the semi-final.

Mumbai, who have won five of the six games at the Brabourne so far, realise that Daredevils could emerge as a potential opponent in either the semi-final or final. Hence, expect Tendulkar’s rampant outfit to continue with a winning combination, barring the leeway of a few experiments. Their two frontline pacers – Lasith Malinga and Zaheer Khan – are most likely to be rested at some stage.

Head-to-Head

Delhi Daredevils are currently leading 3-2 in this rivalry. Mumbai handed Delhi a heavy defeat earlier in the tournament at the Feroz Shah Kotla, thanks to brisk half-centuries from openers Sachin Tendulkar and Shikhar Dhawan. Delhi faltered to 120 all out while chasing a daunting target of 219.

Delhi is the only team besides Chennai Super Kings to have qualified for the semi-finals in the previous two editions, but could be on their way out of the tournament if they put a wrong foot on Tuesday.

Last hurrah for the Brabourne Stadium...

The venue has seen Mumbai chase down three totals in excess of 155, and scale the 180-run mark on more than a few occasions. Most importantly, Mumbai have suffered just the solitary blemish in the six games here thus far. The crowds here have been rated as one of the best in the country, and would look forward to chanting “Maalingaaa... Maaalinga...” for one last time this season.

The only day game here saw Mumbai amass a massive 212-6, and Rajasthan making a fist of the chase, falling short by just four runs. The moisture on the surface should be significantly less during Tuesday’s game and would make for friendlier batting conditions. Expect a run-feast.

Injury Update

Ashish Nehra’s return from injury augers well for Delhi Daredevils, while Mumbai are still waiting for a fully fit all-rounder Abhishek Nayar who is yet to feature in a game this season.

In some positive news for Delhi, Dirk Nannes could be fast tracked into the playing XI on Tuesday.

Key Players

Virender Sehwag is Delhi’s leading run-getter with 324 runs at a strike rate of 170. His performance at the top of the order is all the more crucial as it is a day game and Delhi’s quality spin bowling duo of Amit Mishra and Daniel Vettori are unlikely to be as effective.

Sanath Jayasuriya returned to Mumbai’s top-order after missing nine matches on the trot. Mumbai’s batting came under the hammer during their losses to Chennai and Punjab last week, and that is the primary reason for the return of the ‘Matara Mauler’. He brings in a wealth of experience with his batting. Besides, it would be suicidal for any opposition to underestimate his bowling credentials.

Team Update

The stories of Mumbai Indians’ over-dependence on Tendulkar ended on Sunday, as JP Duminy and Kieron Pollard added 50-plus partnerships with their skipper to bring stability to the middle-order. Also, the trio of Saurabh Tiwary, Shikhar Dhawan and Ambati Rayudu has been consistently performing all through the season. MI would be hoping for all their batsmen to fire on all cylinders. The verdict: there would be experiments made to the XI but do not expect any wholesome changes.

Delhi Daredevils are likely to stick with Warner-Collingwood-Vettori-Maharoof as their international quartet. Nannes could force his way in place of Maharoof, if the left-armer is declared fit on match day.

Mumbai Indians: Sachin Tendulkar (capt), Lasith Malinga, Kieron Pollard, Ambati Rayudu, Chandan Madan, Syed Sahabuddin, Dhawal Kulkarni, Shikhar Dhawan, Graham Napier, Dilhara Fernando, Dwayne Bravo, Zaheer Khan, Ali Murtaza, Saurabh Tiwary, R Sathish, Aditya Tare, Ishan Malhotra, Rahul Shukla, Abhishek Nayar, JP Duminy, Sanath Jayasuriya, Harbhajan Singh.

Delhi Daredevils: Gautam Gambhir (capt), AB de Villiers, Umesh Yadav, Kedar Jadhav, Wayne Parnell, Shashi Ranjan, Ashish Nehra, Mithun Manhas, Andrew McDonald, Farveez Maharoof, Virender Sehwag, Dinesh Karthik, Joginder Singh, Pradeep Sangwan, Amit Mishra, Moises Henriques, Sarandeep Singh, Sarabjit Ladda, Aavishkar Salvi, David Warner, Dirk Nannes, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Rajat Bhatia.

http://www.mumbaiindians.com/NewsDetail.aspx?NewsId=vx%2fWsweDpcY%3d

[tscii:b260c5649b][/tscii:b260c5649b]

ajithfederer
12th April 2010, 08:25 PM
TM, Edition count is important. Write Edition -2 in the Title. Part romba bore adichu pochu.

The photo :bow:

Plum
12th April 2010, 09:00 PM
Delhi selecting Collingwood is a boon for the opposition. Although he won a match, his consistency levels will not be as required.
Anyway, the goal for the next match must be to slow down over rate and get banned. Pls post this in mi websites etc so that the team mgt makes sure of this, if they haven't already planned this.
Ideally, this should have been taken care in the rajasthan match itself but malinga was speeding up his run up etc as though they wanted to avoid the ban. If Sachin is not willing to play this dirty tactic, the others must be coached to make sure of this.

lawmani
13th April 2010, 06:40 AM
which do you think was sachins best innings in this years IPL?

my pick: 63 (32) against DD at Kotla, masterclass.

littlemaster1982
13th April 2010, 06:41 AM

Yet to come 8-)

lawmani
13th April 2010, 06:42 AM

Yet to come 8-)

pinniteenga LM... super punch

littlemaster1982
13th April 2010, 06:48 AM
At this stage, my favorite is 89 from 59 in last match. The ease with which he switched gears was 8-)

SoftSword
13th April 2010, 01:17 PM
At this stage, my favorite is 89 from 59 in last match. The ease with which he switched gears was 8-)

completely agree...
the way he was committed to hit in the last couple of overs... and the manner he picked the long on empty space to hit boundaries.. and his ability to predict the slowball in 19.1 over...

:notworthy: what a man!!! :notworthy:

Plum
13th April 2010, 01:26 PM
My fav too the 89* against Rajasthan. A grand slap on Warne's face. And a majestic show-up of Slow Ball Trivedis and Doles and Rajasthan no-names who are mesmerised and doped by Warne before the match, I suspect, into playing above their weight. Thats a blow he struck on behalf of talent and genius against hard-work and clever tactics. Too bad that our Sehwags and Gambhirs and Yuvrajs and Symondses and Kallises and Rohits and Rainas and Dhonis* and Vijays* and even Gillys cannot do the same to Rajasthan and their over-achieving bowlers. But then they lack the genius right? They have only talent.

* watch out for CSK capitulating against Rajastan, if ever they get to face Rajasthan again in the IPL 2010 again.

raajarasigan
13th April 2010, 01:28 PM
At this stage, my favorite is 89 from 59 in last match. The ease with which he switched gears was 8-)and his ability to predict the slowball in 19.1 over...
:notworthy: what a man!!! :notworthy:andha over pottathu trivedi... his average speed is mid 120's... predicting a slower ball from that guy's over was NOT that tough for ST's caliber :) .. but I loved the second six which he hit through mid-wicket... 8-)

Plum
13th April 2010, 01:30 PM
Sathish/Tiwary/Rayudu: indha Trivedi, HarmeetlAm eppO slow ball pOduvAngannu epdi kandu pidikkarInga
Sachin: ngoyyAla, avanga pOdaradhu ellAmE Slow ball dhAndA thambigaLA!

raajarasigan
13th April 2010, 01:36 PM
if it is slow ball bowling, then it should be Mallinga... very tough to read his slower with the kind of action he has... bowlinga podran.. baala viseri kadasaran... SRT is NOT going to face him anyway...

MADDY
13th April 2010, 01:36 PM
Too bad that our Sehwags and Gambhirs and Yuvrajs and Symondses and Kallises and Rohits and Rainas and Dhonis* and Vijays* and even Gillys cannot do the same to Rajasthan and their over-achieving bowlers

unga section neenga vaarunga but vijay really punctured RR bowlers that day and i saw it live - with what ease he demolished them........CSK gave them ultimate humiliation by slapping the highest score ever in IPL game against RR.......

*posted here becos of reference to enga pasanga.....

Plum
13th April 2010, 01:46 PM
Too bad that our Sehwags and Gambhirs and Yuvrajs and Symondses and Kallises and Rohits and Rainas and Dhonis* and Vijays* and even Gillys cannot do the same to Rajasthan and their over-achieving bowlers

unga section neenga vaarunga but vijay really punctured RR bowlers that day and i saw it live - with what ease he demolished them........CSK gave them ultimate humiliation by slapping the highest score ever in IPL game against RR.......

*posted here becos of reference to enga pasanga.....

ada touchwood-nga. film abhi baaki hai nA? indha vishayathula humble pie koduthA vENAmnA solla pOROm?

Thirumaran
13th April 2010, 04:36 PM
GOD again the leading Run scorer :noteeth:
Hope Kallis is rested for his yesterday's mokka innings and hence no more hurdle for Sachin in this case. :mrgreen:

Madan :evil: Hope he is rested after his edgy innings today.

littlemaster1982
13th April 2010, 05:17 PM
170-yavadhu adingappa :sigh2:

Thirumaran
13th April 2010, 05:24 PM
170-yavadhu adingappa :sigh2:

Romba mokka poaduraanga :x

It would be a good option to give Pollard and bravo chances earlier in the innings before going into semis.. :roll:

intha chinna pasangalukku rombavae idam koduthitaaro Sachin :think:

ajithfederer
13th April 2010, 05:40 PM
Pollard :clap:

Thirumaran
13th April 2010, 05:41 PM
Pollard's Highest score in IPL so far :redjump:

45 off Just 13 balls :clap:

He is getting better every match :mrgreen:

MI 183 :cool2:

littlemaster1982
13th April 2010, 05:43 PM
Pollard :shock: :shock:

ajithfederer
13th April 2010, 05:43 PM
It is exactly why I said we need Pollard in the side.

ajaybaskar
13th April 2010, 05:44 PM
Manusha payala ivan? :shock:

Thirumaran
13th April 2010, 05:44 PM
Hope he playing better than this in Semis :noteeth:

ajithfederer
13th April 2010, 05:46 PM
Pollard 13 balls 45 runs : 5 sixers and 2 fours. SR: 346.15

+1.

BM
13th April 2010, 05:51 PM

Intha SR pathaatha :evil: .

Ithe enga Badri'ya iruntha 13 balls 15 runs eduthutu vanthu iruppaar 8-)

raghavendran
13th April 2010, 06:05 PM

இப்பொழுது தான் பொலார்ட் அவரோட திரமைய காட்ராரு

ajithfederer
13th April 2010, 06:10 PM
:wave: warner.

raajarasigan
13th April 2010, 06:10 PM

இப்பொழுது தான் பொலார்ட் அவரோட திரமைய காட்ராருneenga marupadiyum aarambichittenga pola... irundhalum munnetram theriyuthu... enna oru 30 min aagirukkume ithai adikka..

b/w pollard :shock: ... vaangina kaasukku ippo than aadran... innum oru ball irundhirunda 6 adichi fastest 50 pottiruppan... aana ground romba chinnathu... avan adicha scoop shot 71m .. athum six..

ajaybaskar
13th April 2010, 06:11 PM
Warner gone... For the first time in his life, Dilhara is bowling some good balls.

ajithfederer
13th April 2010, 06:25 PM
Ali murtaza - kedaikura onnu rendu chancelayum catches drop panna eppadi paa?

ajithfederer
13th April 2010, 06:30 PM
Shewag gone. What was he thinking actually?.

ajithfederer
13th April 2010, 06:40 PM
Good work ali murtaza. :clap:. Good quick ball for a plum lb.

ajithfederer
13th April 2010, 06:46 PM
Kaaling out. Pollard proves why he is a good fielder.

ajithfederer
13th April 2010, 06:50 PM
Karthik b Murtaza.

Now I have to take back my words. Murtaza deserves his chance.

littlemaster1982
13th April 2010, 06:51 PM
Ali murtaza - kedaikura onnu rendu chancelayum catches drop panna eppadi paa?

That drop didn't prove costly. Well done MI for pulling back things :clap:

littlemaster1982
13th April 2010, 06:53 PM
Karthik b Murtaza.

Did you want to drop him earlier :? Neenga adhu maadhiri edhuvum sonnadha theriyalaiye :roll: You might remember the discussion we had about including another spinner.

ajithfederer
13th April 2010, 06:53 PM
A lot of good talent hand picked by Thalaivar. :clap:. Wonder how he knows about these people. I just like to watch these guys play.

ajithfederer
13th April 2010, 06:54 PM
No no I was talking about my post in the prev page where i asked abt his dropped catch today.

Karthik b Murtaza.

Did you want to drop him earlier :? Neenga adhu maadhiri edhuvum sonnadha theriyalaiye :roll: You might remember the discussion we had about including another spinner.

littlemaster1982
13th April 2010, 06:56 PM
Oh ok ok. This guy did well in ICL it seems. ICL imports are doing well for MI :)

No no I was talking about my post in the prev page where i asked abt his dropped catch today.

littlemaster1982
13th April 2010, 06:57 PM
Good spell by him. 4-0-18-2 :2thumbsup:

ajithfederer
13th April 2010, 06:57 PM
Ali murtaza :clap:

Plum
13th April 2010, 07:00 PM
Ok, so looks like DC and RCB are voluntarily retiring from IPL 2010 to leave the field clear for us. So, we have to edge out one of KKR, Deccan and Rajasthan. innikku epdiyum jeyikkaNum. Because we cant edge out DC and RR. We'll have to target KKR

littlemaster1982
13th April 2010, 07:01 PM
We need to finish this off soon. Hated when tailenders were carting our bowlers around in the last match.

ajithfederer
13th April 2010, 07:06 PM
No boundaries in last 10 overs :smokesmirk:.

Plum
13th April 2010, 07:06 PM
------

ajithfederer
13th April 2010, 07:12 PM
Plum

Bhajji is in the top 5 wicket takers list. His s/r or e/r was the lowest at 6.74. Good observation.

Plum
13th April 2010, 07:14 PM
Plum

Bhajji is in the top 5 wicket takers list. His s/r or e/r was the lowest at 6.74. Good observation.

:roll: - nAn enna observe paNNEn?

raajarasigan
13th April 2010, 07:16 PM
looks like MI are NOT only winning this but also with a very good net run rate... DD will have a beating in the NRR after this match.... this is quite good for CSK who are still having positive NRR even after 6 defeats...

raajarasigan
13th April 2010, 07:16 PM
Plum

:roll: - nAn enna observe paNNEn?ya.. AF, ungalukku neengale sollikkireengala... :lol:

ajithfederer
13th April 2010, 07:19 PM
Ninga dhan annaikku oru thadavai why bhajji is there for mumbainnu oru post pottinga. Today when i saw that stat on tv only u came to my memory.

Another comprehensive win by MI. Win by 39 runs. :clap:.

Plum

ajaybaskar
13th April 2010, 07:23 PM
Saw Arjun congratulating Sachin. That boy is 3/4th the height of Sachin!!!

Plum
13th April 2010, 07:25 PM
Ninga dhan annaikku oru thadavai why bhajji is there for mumbainnu oru post pottinga. Today when i saw that stat on tv only u came to my memory.

Another comprehensive win by MI. Win by 39 runs. :clap:.

Plum

Oh that one. yeah, Mumbai certainly have use for Durby. Although it wasnt so obvious last year. Last year, Durby struggled and ended up blaming Sachin for his ineffectiveness :evil:

Nerd
13th April 2010, 07:26 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: indha mEtch-um slow overrate illaiyaa? Now this is not good. Semis epdi irundhaalum pressure game, strategies => slow overrate => :cry:

Btw, murtaza Banglades illaiyaa? Or is that Mushrafe bin mortaza?

littlemaster1982
13th April 2010, 07:28 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: indha mEtch-um slow overrate illaiyaa? Now this is not good. Semis epdi irundhaalum pressure game, strategies => slow overrate => :cry:

Adhellam nadakkadhu don't worry. Mashrafe is warming the bench in KKR camp. Ivaru vera aal.

Plum
13th April 2010, 07:33 PM

Adhellam nadakkadhu don't worry. Mashrafe is warming the bench in KKR camp. Ivaru vera aal.

:notthatway: This is kalyug.
"Adharmam(read Warne, Gilly) vellum. dharmam thOrkum"

mgb
13th April 2010, 08:56 PM
Btw, murtaza Banglades illaiyaa? Or is that Mushrafe bin mortaza?ivar ali murtaza.. he used to bowl excellently in ICL

ajithfederer
13th April 2010, 10:32 PM
89(59) is no where near the class of 63(32). That was absolute class.

Let's Hope so.

Yet to come 8-)

Plum
13th April 2010, 10:34 PM
Mashrafe has been kicked out of kkr I think much like ashraful from mi

viraajan
13th April 2010, 10:40 PM
63 from 32 with 11 boundaries is still my favorite! :thumbsup:

Yet another win for MI :clap: Pollard :clap:

Guess, MI is gonna be the first team to secure 20 points in IPL League matches. Right?

ajithfederer
13th April 2010, 10:42 PM
http://www.cricinfo.com/ipl/engine/series/313494.html?view=pointstable

Rajasthan 22 and Punjab 20 in 2008 :clap:.

63 from 32 with 11 boundaries is still my favorite! :thumbsup:

Yet another win for MI :clap: Pollard :clap:

Guess, MI is gonna be the first team to secure 20 points in IPL League matches. Right?

viraajan
13th April 2010, 10:50 PM
Great! Thanks for the info AF :cool:

MI has two more matches left. If they win both, then :cool:

ajithfederer
13th April 2010, 11:14 PM
Sat Apr 17
06:30 EDT | 05:30 CDT | 03:30 PDT

52nd match - Royal Challengers Bangalore v Mumbai Indians

M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore.

I think our record against BRC is pretty poor. We need to win against them to be confident going in to the semi's.

littlemaster1982
13th April 2010, 11:19 PM
Agree, but the determination he showed in RR match was something else.

89(59) is no where near the class of 63(32). That was absolute class.

Let's Hope so.

Yet to come 8-)

ajithfederer
13th April 2010, 11:29 PM
Yes LM :).

Thirumaran
13th April 2010, 11:53 PM
MI on a roll.. :boo: I wish Jeyasurya being tried for the next 2 matches and he gets back to form.

Ennathaan intha chinna pasanga run adichaalum, appappa thadavuraanunga.. :sigh2:

Also Wish Pollard and Bravo moved up in the batting order to get more strikes before losing many wickets.

HonestRaj
14th April 2010, 12:06 AM
MI on a roll.. :boo: I wish Jeyasurya being tried for the next 2 matches and he gets back to form.

avaru SL election'la jeichuttadha padichen.. avarukku vera plans irukkum

Thirumaran
14th April 2010, 12:15 AM

nijamaavaa :shock:

HonestRaj
14th April 2010, 12:21 AM
[tscii:d52eb09405]

nijamaavaa :shock:

Cricket stars Jayasuriya, Ranatunga enter parliament
Veteran cricketer Sanath Jayasuriya and Sri Lanka's 1996 World Cup winning skipper Arjuna Ranatunga have won seats in parliament.

Jayasuriya contested Thursday's polls for President Mahinda Rajapaksa's United People's Freedom Alliance (UPFA) and left the island a day before voting to play at an Indian tournament.

The 40-year-old batsman and political novice was given special permission to cast his ballot on Wednesday, a day ahead of the nationwide election.

Jayasuriya garnered 74,352 votes to win his seat in the southern district of Matara, an official with the local election commission told AFP.

Jayasuriya retired from Test matches in 2007 to prolong his career in the shorter forms of the game.

He has been included in Sri Lanka's squad for the World Twenty20 tournament in the Caribbean from April 30-May 16.

Meanwhile Sri Lanka’s World Cup winning skipper who Arjuna Ranatunga represented an opposition party, the Democratic National Alliance led by former Commander of the Army General Sarath Fonseka, secured 27,792 votes to enter parliament from the Kalutara district.

Ranatunge on two earlier occasions entered parliament contesting under the UPFA banner from the Colombo district.

Source :Daily mirror

http://www.lankatimes.com/fullstory.php?id=26355[/tscii:d52eb09405]

ajithfederer
14th April 2010, 12:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhxVkGnnVko

sir signing the ball and speaking on the ceremony from 4:05.

salaam_chennai
14th April 2010, 01:03 AM
Guys, One small doubt. I think Thalaivar got Man of the match 6 times (4 in IPL-3, 2 in IPL-2, IPL-1??). Have any other player got MoM more than 6 times. (Raina??, Y Pathan??).

ajithfederer
14th April 2010, 01:53 AM
No idea salaam. Will find it out soon.

ajithfederer
14th April 2010, 08:26 AM
Form review:

We've defeated RR, DC and DD twice. We have defeated Punjab, CSK and KKR once. We lost to CSK and Punjab and we haven't defeated BRC in this edition. IMO, BRC is the most volatile of the teams in semi's. They have an ace batting line up with two good bowlers in Steyn and Kumble. If we can defeat BRC it's gonna be great.

Aana semis-la idhellam velaikaavadhu marupadiyum fresh aa start pannanum.

littlemaster1982
14th April 2010, 08:44 AM
We must win against BRC :twisted:

ajithfederer
14th April 2010, 08:46 AM
Actually I think our head to head against BRC is very low.

viraajan
14th April 2010, 08:59 AM
MI must win BRC. With that, we can proudly say that MI has beaten every single team in this edition. :cool2:

littlemaster1982
14th April 2010, 10:05 AM

3-2 in favour of Bangalore.

Plum
14th April 2010, 01:19 PM
Got this forward which goes on the lines of:

"The premise of the movie 2012 - namely, that the world will end in 2012 - has been investigated for authenticity and has been traced to one likely event in that year - the retirement of Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar from all forms of Cricket"

:)

VENKIRAJA
14th April 2010, 01:28 PM
We must win against BRC :twisted:
Even I want MI to win.. with a huge margin!

ajithfederer
14th April 2010, 06:33 PM
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_oHF-qUKh09c/S7IclZv57DI/AAAAAAAAuw8/W5L5Q8lE_dc/dlf-2010-ipl-3-pics-18.jpg

LM, Upload this picture please. Thanks Anoops for sending this pic :)

ajithfederer
14th April 2010, 06:44 PM
Aapie berthudei to JP Duminy !!! 8-)

http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/44932.html

Thirumaran
14th April 2010, 06:45 PM
[html:8ab2bc11c9]
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_oHF-qUKh09c/S7IclZv57DI/AAAAAAAAuw8/W5L5Q8lE_dc/dlf-2010-ipl-3-pics-18.jpg
[/html:8ab2bc11c9]

Thirumaran
14th April 2010, 06:49 PM
Aapie berthudei to JP Duminy !!! 8-)

http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/44932.html

:cool2: Happy Birthday Duminy :cheer:

btw IPL Final 25th. Thalaivar birthday 24 th. intha Year la GOD irukkura form kku, Birthday samayathula cup lift panrathu would be best Gift :mrgreen:

Plum
14th April 2010, 06:52 PM
Thiru, nanbarae, konjam amaidhiyA irunga. ipdi thAn CSK-MI match munnAdi romba jump-inInga :(

Thirumaran
14th April 2010, 07:08 PM
Thiru, nanbarae, konjam amaidhiyA irunga. ipdi thAn CSK-MI match munnAdi romba jump-inInga :(

There is difference plum.. Athu inga irukkiravangala vambizhikka panninathu.. Oru Jolly yaana time pass..

This one is a real expectation. :) For his commitment, sincerity, passion for cricket, even at this age there shd be something to his credit. Well, he has won hearts of billions and that is going to continue is a different thing.

So far almost his presence is the main thing that got MI to this level. At a personal level sachin would be extremely happy if he lifts the cup as that achievement comes with him as the captain..
His happiness is our happiness.. There is nothing more than that :D

I am aware, From SemiFinal anyone's game and a single bad game might spoil every good work done so far. Hoping for good :P

Nerd
14th April 2010, 07:17 PM
Guys, One small doubt. I think Thalaivar got Man of the match 6 times (4 in IPL-3, 2 in IPL-2, IPL-1??). Have any other player got MoM more than 6 times. (Raina??, Y Pathan??).
Shaun Marsh won 5 times in edition #1. Did he win after that? I think this is a very good observation Salaam. Thalaivar will at least be in the top 3. And at this age and in this format :bow:

littlemaster1982
14th April 2010, 07:32 PM
Marsh didn't win anything this year. Last year aadave illainnu ninaikkiren.

ajithfederer
14th April 2010, 07:33 PM
Sir can be in serious contention for MOS as he has already 4 MOM's plus for his captaincy.

Plum
14th April 2010, 07:36 PM
Candidats to check:
Adam Gilchrist
Suresh Raina
Rohit Sharma
Shane Watson

Nerd
14th April 2010, 07:40 PM
Here's '09 list. Kallis has won 2 last year :o
http://dhoni.blogspot.com/2009/04/ipl-2009-player-of-match-list.html

Nerd
14th April 2010, 07:43 PM
How many did YPathan win this year? He has won 4 in '08 and 3 last year :oops:

Appu s
14th April 2010, 07:45 PM
You have to check Kallis,he won 3 this year too.

Appu s
14th April 2010, 07:54 PM
How many did YPathan win this year? He has won 4 in '08 and 3 last year :oops:
Just one, kallis doesnt have anything in '08.

Nerd
14th April 2010, 07:56 PM
Actually YP has won two this year. That century and 73* against Deccan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Indian_Premier_League

ajithfederer
14th April 2010, 10:34 PM
Oh thanks lm.

3-2 in favour of Bangalore.

ajithfederer
16th April 2010, 04:34 AM
[tscii:9ef7f2d4af]You have opened the batting with some of the best in the country, for instance Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir and now Sachin Tendulkar. How different is it to open alongside Tendulkar?

The biggest advantage of opening along with Tendulkar is that as a player I get a great sense of security. I hardly feel any pressure because he takes all the pressure on himself and allows youngsters like me to play freely. He always tells me to play the way I want - whether I want to attack or take my time and bat – and it does not matter because he is holding fort at the other end. Obviously, I get to learn a lot from batting along with him, as also instant messages and words of wisdom while in the middle. If you see our performances this season, we have invariably won when Tendulkar has played anchor.

Tendulkar has struck 74 fours and 3 sixes as of April 13. He has reinvented Twenty20 cricket with subtle touches and sublime timing and placement. You have the best seat in the house...

Yes I know! It is a treat to watch him bat from the other end. There are people who feel Twenty20 is all about power and big-hitting but I have never seen Tendulkar play any rash shots, and yet he maintains a great strike rate and gets us off to a flying start. In fact, he never waits for me to start doing the big-hitting. He just keeps piercing the gaps and before I realise we would be 50-0 or something like that. Batting with him has changed my perception about batting. I get to watch his feet movement, his bat speed and follow through, and how he plays the ball so late. It is a treat to watch him bat.

:whistle: :Aarathi: :sara-vedi:

To read the entire interview go here (http://www.mumbaiindians.com/InterviewDetail.aspx?InterviewId=vjh3LVNDBI4=) [/tscii:9ef7f2d4af]

ajithfederer
17th April 2010, 01:45 AM
I would like to see MI bat first and put up a huge total tomorrow. Batting is a concern for MI, bowling isn't. I for one would like to see Pollard coming up the order (probably at 4) and make quick runs.

Dhawan
Tendulkar
Tiwary
Duminy
Pollard
Satish
Rayudu
Murtaza
Bhajji
Mclaren
Salinga
(Zaheer rested)

P.S: I am sorry to say this (Nerd, and other TN Fans and supporters) I think Sathish will be dropped for the semi's. It's just my gut instinct :oops:.

ajithfederer
17th April 2010, 01:51 AM
Most wickets Player Mat Overs Mdns Runs Wkts BBI Ave Econ SR 4 5

PP Ojha 13 47.0 0 364 18 3/26 20.22 7.74 15.6 0 0
(Deccan Chargers)

A Mishra 13 49.0 0 335 16 3/25 20.93 6.83 18.3 0 0
(Delhi Daredevils)

R Vinay Kumar 12 41.1 0 345 16 4/40 21.56 8.38 15.4 1 0
(Royal Challengers Bangalore)

IK Pathan 13 42.4 0 382 15 3/24 25.46 8.95 17.0 0 0
(Kings XI Punjab)

Harbhajan Singh 12 41.3 1 275 13 3/31 21.15 6.62 19.1 0 0
(Mumbai Indians)

Z Khan 11 36.2 1 278 13 3/21 21.38 7.65 16.7 0 0
(Mumbai Indians)

SL Malinga 11 41.0 0 287 13 4/22 22.07 7.00 18.9 1 0
(Mumbai Indians)

M Muralitharan 10 40.0 0 296 13 3/16 22.76 7.40 18.4 0 0
(Chennai Super Kings)

RP Singh 11 38.0 0 337 13 3/17 25.92 8.86 17.5 0 0
(Deccan Chargers)

DW Steyn 12 48.0 0 334 12 3/18 27.83 6.95 24.0 0 0
(Royal Challengers Bangalore)

Three of our guys in Top 10 wicket takers :thumbsup:. Let's hope they carry on the good work to the semis and hence forward.

http://stats.cricinfo.com/ipl2010/engine/records/bowling/most_wickets_career.html?id=5319;type=tournament

VinodKumar's
17th April 2010, 01:56 AM
MI's bowling attack is best in this IPL. They are not spectacular but they are consistent.

Nerd
17th April 2010, 01:58 AM
I have given up on Satish. :oops:

MI should win both the remaining matches 8-)

ajithfederer
17th April 2010, 02:06 AM
Hope they don't fumble in the last stages of the tournament.

Plum
17th April 2010, 10:53 AM
Afn sathish has wasted his chances. I still feel he should have exchanged places with tiwary. He is the kind who needs a settled place and time to succeed - and mark my words, tiwary will let mi down in the semis, unless he gets lucky, sathish would have been a better bet if groomed there.

Its all on sachin now, and pollard if he gets lucky.

raghavendran
17th April 2010, 12:18 PM
today clash of the titans so far....gr8 match really looking forward to it

Thirumaran
17th April 2010, 12:41 PM
P.S: I am sorry to say this (Nerd, and other TN Fans and supporters) I think Sathish will be dropped for the semi's. It's just my gut instinct :oops:.

Intha Rendu match kae irupaanaannu doubt thaan :|

Since 2 matches are remaining, i wont mind Sachin opening with Satish to check for a new combo :roll:

Actually i would like to see Jayasurya been given one more chance :oops: Appadi form kku vanthu Semis la quick fire 30 - 40 adichcaa kooda poathum. I think no one would be interested to have jayasurya in line up again :roll:

Definitely Pollard and Bravo for the 2 matches shd be given a chance up in the order..

I wont even mind, one of them opening or coming 1 down in the order for today's match.

viraajan
17th April 2010, 03:45 PM
TM, Jayasurya'va inimE namburadhu kashtam :|

Plum
17th April 2010, 04:31 PM
En politician aayittaar adhanaalaya?

Thirumaran
17th April 2010, 05:35 PM
TM, Jayasurya'va inimE namburadhu kashtam :|

Looks So.. But Last 5/6 matches oruthatum sari illa as opening partner.. Athukku Jayasurya kku innoru chance kodukalaam :roll:

Innaikkum failure :sigh2: This time Sachin out soon :|

And Even Sachin is not that fluent in the opening overs for past few innings. That is a worry. He managed big later in the innings. But we cant expect that everytime. Scoring big in the Powerplay is very important. Hope in the semi finals they dont go wrong :evil:

ajaybaskar
17th April 2010, 05:42 PM
Shikhar Dhavan nallathane vilayadinaan!!!

sathya_1979
17th April 2010, 05:44 PM
Shikhar Dhavan nallathane vilayadinaan!!!
Rotation and Resting few players.

ajaybaskar
17th April 2010, 05:50 PM
Rest edukkura pasanga out of form aagama irundha sari..

Thirumaran
17th April 2010, 05:53 PM
This Mc Laren should get himself out soon :argh:

ajaybaskar
17th April 2010, 05:55 PM
Ivan allrounder ah?

Thirumaran
17th April 2010, 05:58 PM
Ivan allrounder ah?

Ball a Boundary line poagaama naalaa pakkamu suththuratha paarthaa appadi thaan thoanuthu : sigh2:

ajaybaskar
17th April 2010, 06:01 PM
Atleast Rayudu is playing some shots..

Thirumaran
17th April 2010, 06:02 PM
They wantedly dropping catches of Mc Laren and Keeping him on the other side :lol2:

sathya_1979
17th April 2010, 06:06 PM
Bangalore playing with 12 players!

sathya_1979
17th April 2010, 06:11 PM
Pollard peaking at the right time for MI!

Thirumaran
17th April 2010, 06:13 PM
Pollard Marana Adi, hat rick sixes :smokesmirk:

sathya_1979
17th April 2010, 06:25 PM
Duminy :clap:

ajaybaskar
17th April 2010, 06:36 PM
Good show by the MIians. Inspite of losing SRT early, this is a gr8 comeback and from now, it should be a cakewalk for MI.

Thirumaran
17th April 2010, 06:39 PM
Great Score Towards the end :clap: Thanks to Duminy :clap: , Rayudu and Pollard :cool2:

But not convinced as once again a low score in the first 6 overs. That is one area MI has to work for sure :)

ajithfederer
17th April 2010, 06:42 PM
Pollard, Rayudu, and Duminy :clap:

ajaybaskar
17th April 2010, 06:58 PM
Chellakutty Arjun watching the match.

Nerd
17th April 2010, 08:19 PM
Eththanai win :sigh2:

btw BRCkku nalla aaaaappu 8-)

ajithfederer
17th April 2010, 09:09 PM
Another comprehensive win by 57 runs. Now this is scaring me :lol:.

ajithfederer
17th April 2010, 09:27 PM
And BTW when i checked the leading run scores list in IPL the only MI batsman in the top 10 is Tendulkar. Tiwary is in 14th and in the 23rd position is Tirupathi Rayudu.

http://stats.cricinfo.com/ipl2010/engine/records/batting/most_runs_career.html?id=5319;type=tournament

Plum
17th April 2010, 10:57 PM
AF, as they say, singam single-A dhAn varum :)

Thirumaran
17th April 2010, 11:25 PM
AF, as they say, singam single-A dhAn varum :)

Intha Thappaana Pazhamozhi maathungappaa.. Singam actuallaa kootamaa thaanpaa varum :P

Plum
18th April 2010, 07:59 AM
Tm, adhu engalukku theriyaadha. Pop culture transcends facts and truth - infact, I had added "erroneously" somewhere in that sentence and deleted it assuming that we already discussed this matter in hub(which we did with someone even quoting sujatha on this)

Punch dialogue solrachE history of the incident geograpphy of the accidentlaam kekka koodadhu :evil:

ajithfederer
18th April 2010, 08:16 AM
Plum,(Satish candidature)

I don't think even Bravo will be there in the semi's. He has been leaking runs and not so good with the bat too. Duminy and Pollard have peaked at the right time.

Plum
18th April 2010, 08:21 AM
Yeah, I am tempted to say Pollard's form is reassuring but then I remember that Delhi was superior in league laswt time and one good match for gilly and they were knocked out.:sigh: Clearly, mumbai seem headed that way.

Sathish - I wonder if he will even be in squad nestu year. Ipdi waste pannittane chances :(

ajithfederer
18th April 2010, 08:27 AM
Hmm, I know what you mean. My semi's XI.

Dhawan, Tendulkar, Duminy, Pollard, Rayudu, Tiwary, Abhishek Nayar, Bhajji, Malinga, Zaheer, Mclaren.

What's urs?.

Plum
18th April 2010, 09:23 AM
I agree with your team.
Maybe one last chance to sathish as opener in the kolkata match. Otherwise, difficult to disagree with your eleven

Thirumaran
18th April 2010, 10:18 AM

Dhawan, Tendulkar, Duminy, Pollard, Rayudu, Tiwary, Abhishek Nayar, Bhajji, Malinga, Zaheer, Mclaren.

What's urs?.

Looks Fine except for Bravo not in team.

Though Bravo not in form, i would like to see him given a chance in the Match against Kolkata by moving him up in the order.

But inimae Opening pair la experiment panratha vida, the best opening pair vachchi Kolkata kooda aadurathu good :P

Poana Match la Satish try panni irukalaam :roll:

mgb
18th April 2010, 01:08 PM
Maybe one last chance to sathish as opener in the kolkata match. why :evil: sachin'ku edhaanum vendudhala? with abhishek nayar around i dont think sathish can be fitted into the playing eleven :x

Sourav
18th April 2010, 02:25 PM
I agree with your team.
Maybe one last chance to sathish as opener in the kolkata match. Otherwise, difficult to disagree with your eleven
:o enna than namma aala irunthalum oru nyayam irukkulla... he got more chances than he deserved for his poor show,,, dhawan 2 match sariya aadalanathum thookkittanga, remember binny, napier-kellam innum oru chance kooda kodukkala... but, sathish got many chances.... dhawan should be included for semis,.. mclaren ellam inimae exhibition match-la koooda opening eranga koodathu... semma sothappal... fernando's slow balls r very hard to pick... he has more chance to take wkts than mclaren IMO. so, once malinga comes back mclaren should be excluded. Tare should be there, rayudu is giving away too many runs behind the stumps...

my choice 4 playing XI - semis.

dhawan
sachin
tare/tiwary
rayudu
duminy
nayar
pollard
bhajji
zaheer
malinga
fernando

viraajan
18th April 2010, 03:25 PM
I still feel that Satish has the potential. But he missed all the chances given. But still........!

Otherwise, team suggestions by AF and Sourav look pretty neat.

ajithfederer
18th April 2010, 09:26 PM
Agree with you sourav. mclaren/fernando -la yaarai venalum edukalam.

Pollard has eaten into Bravo's place, TM. Kandippa naalu foreign players la we will have Duminy, Pollard, Malinga for sure. The 4th place will have to be either Mclaren/Fernando. Pollard/Duminy should play up the order probably after Rayudu. BTW, Malinga should play in the match against Kolkatta.

What's urs?.

Though Bravo not in form, i would like to see him given a chance in the Match against Kolkata by moving him up in the order.

But inimae Opening pair la experiment panratha vida, the best opening pair vachchi Kolkata kooda aadurathu good :P

ajaybaskar
18th April 2010, 11:37 PM
If reports are to be believed, Sachin will not be playing the final league match between MI and KKR. Zaheer will be leading the team.

viraajan
18th April 2010, 11:41 PM
If reports are to be believed, Sachin will not be playing the final league match between MI and KKR. Zaheer will be leading the team.

:shock: :cry:

Thirumaran
18th April 2010, 11:43 PM
Agree with you sourav. mclaren/fernando -la yaarai venalum edukalam.

Pollard has eaten into Bravo's place, TM. Kandippa naalu foreign players la we will have Duminy, Pollard, Malinga for sure. The 4th place will have to be either Mclaren/Fernando. Pollard/Duminy should play up the order probably after Rayudu. BTW, Malinga should play in the match against Kolkatta.

What's urs?.

Oh 4 Foreign players thaan nnu onnu irukko...
appa sari..

Sourav
19th April 2010, 07:40 AM
:shock: :cry:Sachin fans ellam avar konjam rest edukanumnu rombha feel panranga, neenga yen azhureenga... he should take rest b4 the semis.., over-rate ban threat is a concern... A win without sachin will boost the confident of other players. Bhajji also should be rested, Mortaza ali, Dhawan, Binny, Napier should be given a chance. Malinga should play, he took too much rest... :lol2:

Cant wait to see zaheer as captain... :redjump: :smokesmirk: Bhajji-ku koduthura poranga.... :oops:

Plum
19th April 2010, 08:57 AM
Exactly , durby vEra ambani familykku sema jaalra adikkarAn but avLO periya empire build pannavanga let's hope they can see through his show and judge him for what he is.

ajaybaskar
19th April 2010, 09:05 AM
Malinga is in Srilanka now for a festival.

Sourav
19th April 2010, 09:06 AM
Malinga is in Srilanka now for a festival. inneram thirumbha vanthirukanumae, commentators said he will back in 3 days. wen is sri-lankan new yr?

Plum
19th April 2010, 01:37 PM
Sachin Tendulkar is a great cricketer," he began, almost buttering us up for the vulgarity he was about to spew, "but from my side" Jennings said," he walks and goes to the toilet like all of us. We will assess his weakness and attack him on it, like we attack anyone else."

enna uLarrAn ivan? vulgar phlow. ennayyA plannu - toiletla attack paNNuvEnnA? neeyellAm international coach...kodumai.

19thmay
19th April 2010, 01:52 PM
:evil:

ajithfederer
19th April 2010, 07:55 PM
Bravo, Captain eh?

ajithfederer
19th April 2010, 08:13 PM
14/2.

ajithfederer
19th April 2010, 08:18 PM
Souurrabbbh tea-warriii :2thumbsup:

Nerd
19th April 2010, 08:37 PM
Bravo, Captain eh?
adhaanE... avanellaam team-layE irukka koodaadhu :twisted:

viraajan
19th April 2010, 08:47 PM
Tiwari :cool2:

Tiwari-Duminy p'ship :cool:

pasanga nalla, porupOda thaan aaduraanga...

Nerd
19th April 2010, 08:58 PM
Duminy - rommmbo nallaa aaaa-duneenga thambi :banghead:

Plum
19th April 2010, 09:00 PM
Lordians minus the Lord inspire zero confidence :(

PARAMASHIVAN
19th April 2010, 09:02 PM
Bravo ahead of Mathews in the batting line up :shock: :rotfl:

Plum
19th April 2010, 09:03 PM
They should've played nayar. Sathish inspires zero confidence

mgb
19th April 2010, 09:05 PM
Bravo ahead of Mathews in the batting line up :shock: :rotfl:mumbai first batting panna, bravodane bat pannuvaaru.. kolkata bat pannumbodhu mathews bat pannuvaaru

Plum
19th April 2010, 09:06 PM
I am glad watching sathish's last innings in ipl history. Idhukkappuramum sathishku chance kuduthA naadu thaangadhu

PARAMASHIVAN
19th April 2010, 09:07 PM
Bravo ahead of Mathews in the batting line up :shock: :rotfl:mumbai first batting panna, bravodane bat pannuvaaru.. kolkata bat pannumbodhu mathews bat pannuvaaru

Oh I yaam saary, I am half asleep :oops: vElala vEla jasthi :(

Plum
19th April 2010, 09:08 PM
I think binny will move ahead of sathish in the queue today

mgb
19th April 2010, 09:09 PM
I am glad watching sathish's last innings in ipl history. Idhukkappuramum sathishku chance kuduthA naadu thaangadhukavala padadhinga, nichayama kudukka maataanga

viraajan
19th April 2010, 09:12 PM
Duminy - rommmbo nallaa aaaa-duneenga thambi :banghead:

i thought he would pick up :banghead: but soon got out

ajithfederer
19th April 2010, 09:18 PM
Semis and Finals(if we make ) - Thalaivar tonty overs-um aadiyae aaganum. :clap:

viraajan
19th April 2010, 09:18 PM
:sigh2:

Plum
19th April 2010, 09:19 PM
Sathish :wave: - srinivasanaiyum ppagaichundaachu. Ini ranji trophyum kedayaadhu - feel sorry for you but oru chance kooda catch panna maatennaa epdi

ajithfederer
19th April 2010, 09:20 PM
TM, Bravo won't be in semis for sure. Sathish bye bye. Nerd, Duminy can be excused.

Nerd
19th April 2010, 09:23 PM
No matter whoever opens with thalaivar, Rayudu should go 1 down. Duminy-Pollard-Tiwary next in that order.

ajithfederer
19th April 2010, 09:25 PM
yeah. adhan velaikku aagum pola.

No matter whoever opens with thalaivar, Rayudu should go 1 down. Duminy-Pollard-Tiwary next in that order.

Plum
19th April 2010, 09:25 PM
Well, it is this team or squad that it is a miracle that it reached semis. Thalaivar single handedA took them. Mathavanga individual contrila jeyikkaravangaLE avangaLAla dhAn avanga team semisku pOchunnu avanga fans solrachE, idhellAm vAippillAmai.

Only, and only, and only, sachin fossible :bow:

ajithfederer
19th April 2010, 09:28 PM
Rayudu :rotfl: :clap:

viraajan
19th April 2010, 09:28 PM
134 Target!

Plum
19th April 2010, 09:31 PM
Thalaivarai thodarndhu 13000-ai nerungi kondirukkum ajithfedererukku vaazhthukkaL

Thirumaran
19th April 2010, 09:33 PM
TM, Bravo won't be in semis for sure. Sathish bye bye. Nerd, Duminy can be excused.

:notthatway:

Oru 6/7 players injure aana chance irukkum :rotfl2: :oops: ippavae ticket koduththu anupidalaam :evil:

BTW Kolkata having a chance to enter semis..

They have to win in 6 balls :mrgreen:

ajaybaskar
19th April 2010, 09:35 PM
It is not going to be easy for the KKR. Sensible batting is going to be the key..

Thirumaran
19th April 2010, 09:37 PM
Satish oada name indian cricket history la iruntha poara naeram vanthaachu :sigh2:

ajithfederer
19th April 2010, 10:09 PM
42/0 5.3 overs.

Plum :ty:. Innum konja naal-la ess aanalum aagiduven.

Plum
19th April 2010, 10:19 PM
AdhukkuLLayA? Tennis season arambichavune ungalukku sila kadamai irukku :)

ajithfederer
19th April 2010, 10:46 PM
Vaazhkai kadamaigalai azhaikinrana plum sir :).

Plum
19th April 2010, 10:49 PM
Oh! All the best!

ajaybaskar
19th April 2010, 10:52 PM
My gut feeling is that the team management has erred today selecting such a team for this match before going to the all important semifinal. Resting Sachin is ok. But Pollard, Bhajji shud'Ve played. Hope this defeat doesn't play a part in MI's exit from the tourney.

raghavendran
20th April 2010, 05:45 PM
My gut feeling is that the team management has erred today selecting such a team for this match before going to the all important semifinal. Resting Sachin is ok. But Pollard, Bhajji shud'Ve played. Hope this defeat doesn't play a part in MI's exit from the tourney.
this is called taking a match lightly....roma over..padhi per kolkota varave ille :evil:

ajithfederer
20th April 2010, 07:50 PM
Hmm.. Bangalore vs MI again. I think its better for us to bat first consolidate for the first 10 overs and then let the hitters Pollard, Duminy and Tiwary do the big hitting at the end. MI's have defended very well going by team results and we are playing in our home ground and so that should be an added advantage.

Tendulkar
Dhawan
Rayudu
Duminy
Pollard
Tiwary
Tare(I think they will go with an specialist Keeper or add another all-rounder with Rayudu doing the stumps).
Bhajji
Malinga
Fernando
Zaheer

Plum
20th April 2010, 07:57 PM
I think Tare is not significantly better than Rayudu so might as well get another all rounder - Mclaren has been decent with the ball. Think he should be there.

At no cost should Fernando be there - he is the Sri Lankan Agarkar. How many times I have seen him melt down under pressure and provide buffet bowling? As many times as Sachin has centuries in First class cricket.

Heck, against KKR, with no pressure he leaked the other day.
Gunaa kamal: Fernando vENAm adhu asingam...

sathya_1979
20th April 2010, 08:04 PM
From Orkut: :shock: : :shaking:

"From the last two seasons the team which have orange cap holder is losing in semis"

So Mumbai will lose the match.

If this is true for the last 2 seasons, hope MI breaks this jinx.

Plum
20th April 2010, 08:15 PM
Oh and purple cap holder's teams are always winners. Anegam mumbaikku indha varushamum mazhai kedayaadhu :(

Nerd
20th April 2010, 08:26 PM
As I have been saying (IPL 08, 09), the team which tops the league table with a significant margin is the real winner in my books. For such a long tournament, a one-off Semifinal/Final does not make any sense. But I would definitely love to see Sachin lifting that trophy and with that Sachin should bid adieu to this disgusting tournament.

sathya_1979
20th April 2010, 08:35 PM
As I have been saying (IPL 08, 09), the team which tops the league table with a significant margin is the real winner in my books. For such a long tournament, a one-off Semifinal/Final does not make any sense. But I would definitely love to see Sachin lifting that trophy and with that Sachin should bid adieu to this disgusting tournament.
Me too wishing for the same. Sachin should lift the trophy and quit tonty tonty (All forms).

ajithfederer
20th April 2010, 08:42 PM
Aamanga peria difference edhuvum illai than. Better to go with Mclaren then.

I think Tare is not significantly better than Rayudu so might as well get another all rounder - Mclaren has been decent with the ball. Think he should be there.

Fernando leaked runs in the all-important 2nd leg match against RR in 2008. RR were 77/5 at one stage and at the last over he bowled wides and dropped a catch.

At no cost should Fernando be there - he is the Sri Lankan Agarkar. How many times I have seen him melt down under pressure and provide buffet bowling? As many times as Sachin has centuries in First class cricket.

Heck, against KKR, with no pressure he leaked the other day.
Gunaa kamal: Fernando vENAm adhu asingam...

Sathya, Nadandhadhe rendu edition than. Idhula irundhu conclusions form panna mudiyadhu.

Sourav
21st April 2010, 07:32 AM
Tare - neeyellam specialist wkt keeper-a? Rayudu-ve paravalla pola... extra pora antha 10+ runs rayuduvale pogattum...

fernando - hmmm... i still feel he is a wkt taking bowler... his slow balls r very difficult to pick... (no change in action) particularly aggressive batsmen who try to play big shots will play it early, and get out...warner and viru had completely mis-timed his slower ones in 2nd leg match.
in kkr match,
Ryan McLaren 3 0 26 0
Dilhara Fernando 3 0 31 0
Mccullum-ku potta beamer-la antha 5 runs extra poccchu avlo than... :P anyway, mclaren/fernando yaara irunthalum ok...

Dhawan
Sachin
Rayudu
Duminy
Tiwary
Pollard
Nayar
Bhajji
Mclaren/Fernando
Zaheer
Malinga

littlemaster1982
21st April 2010, 08:42 AM
fernando - hmmm... i still feel he is a wkt taking bowler... his slow balls r very difficult to pick... (no change in action) particularly aggressive batsmen who try to play big shots will play it early, and get out...warner and viru had completely mis-timed his slower ones in 2nd leg match.

Me too prefer Fernando to McLaren. He bowled much better in other two matches and took key wickets. What are the choices we have other than these two :?

ajithfederer
21st April 2010, 09:56 AM
Ali Murtaza may be.

littlemaster1982
21st April 2010, 10:19 AM
Good choice actually. But, a foriegn player slot is wasted, isn't it?

ajaybaskar
21st April 2010, 10:23 AM
Fernandova namburadhukkum aal irukka? He must be thanking the god for playing with Sachin. Otherwise, his IPL career would've already been ended.

Plum
21st April 2010, 10:29 AM
Wicket taking bowlernu solrachEyE agarkar vaadai adikkala ? :-)

littlemaster1982
21st April 2010, 10:32 AM
This post might be laughed at, but Agarkar is much better than some of our current Indian bowlers in terms of wicket taking ability.

Plum
21st April 2010, 12:55 PM
I hate to say this but I have to admit that Mumbai's chances today hinge a lot on Harbhajan Singh. He is kind of the second most crucial player in the line-up after Sachin :-(

ajithfederer
21st April 2010, 07:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp5IabMRwIQ&NR=1

IPL 2010 Auction Battle: Kieron Pollard

Just came across this in youtube. Very interesting. See to know the IPL auction.

Thirumaran
21st April 2010, 07:07 PM
If Sachin manages to win this year IPL, Mark my words.. For Sure Next year world cup is ours :yes:

ajithfederer
21st April 2010, 07:08 PM
:lol:

I hate to say this but I have to admit that Mumbai's chances today hinge a lot on Harbhajan Singh. He is kind of the second most crucial player in the line-up after Sachin :-(

TM, urchagathai kattupaduthunga. Appo suppose innaikku sachin thotha waeld cup india kku illaya enna?? :P.

mgb
21st April 2010, 07:18 PM
all the best guys :thumbsup:

Nerd
21st April 2010, 07:21 PM

TM, urchagathai kattupaduthunga. Appo suppose innaikku sachin thotha waeld cup india kku illaya enna?? :P.
adhaanE. wEld gup or not, IPL or not, sachin vlaadradha paakkanum adhu dhaanE namma koLgai 8-)

Thirumaran
21st April 2010, 07:23 PM
Appo suppose innaikku sachin thotha waeld cup india kku illaya enna?? :P.

of course :huh: :wink: If he could handle big matches like this with extra pressure as captain then without that captaincy thing he could deliver much more better in world cup..

If Sachin does not perform well in world cup it is going to be difficult for India :P

Thirumaran
21st April 2010, 07:25 PM

adhaanE. wEld gup or not, IPL or not, sachin vlaadradha paakkanum adhu dhaanE namma koLgai 8-)

antha kolgayila entha maatramum illa.. i was talking abt fate :noteeth: :roll:

Thirumaran
21st April 2010, 07:32 PM
we won the toss and elected to bat :thumbsup:

ajithfederer
21st April 2010, 07:33 PM
Mumbai bats first.

Nerd
21st April 2010, 07:33 PM
Batting first. 180+ :smokesmile:

ajithfederer
21st April 2010, 07:34 PM
Both Nayar and Fernando in :shock:. Team enna pa?

Sourav
21st April 2010, 07:35 PM
Both Nayar and Fernando in :shock:. Team enna pa? sonnomla... :swinghead:

Nerd
21st April 2010, 07:35 PM
Nayar/Fernando in which is sort of OK, I would have played McLaren since he can bat too..

Sourav
21st April 2010, 07:36 PM
Nayar/Fernando in which is sort of OK, I would have played McLaren since he can bat too.. bat-i pudippan avlo than.... adikka mattan.....

ajithfederer
21st April 2010, 07:37 PM
Fernando/malinga/zaheer and bhajji eh?.

So top order sachin, dhawan, rayudu, duminy, tiwary, pollard and nayar?

Nerd
21st April 2010, 07:39 PM
Nayar/Fernando in which is sort of OK, I would have played McLaren since he can bat too.. bat-i pudippan avlo than.... adikka mattan.....
Fernando adha kooda seyya mattaan. Actually we should not even be relying on Mclaren/Fernando. Namakku dhaan geththu batsmen, actually batsman irukkaarE.. :oops:

Plum
21st April 2010, 07:39 PM
FernandovA? :roll:

ippOvE kaNNa kattudhE....

Fernando pugundha vIdu ennikkum uruppattadhillaiyE :(

Sourav
21st April 2010, 07:43 PM
Fernando adha kooda seyya mattaan. Actually we should not even be relying on Mclaren/Fernando. Namakku dhaan geththu batsmen, actually batsman irukkaarE.. :oops:athey than... bhajji varaikkum batsmen vacchukittu innorathaiyum bat pannuvannu advantage-la sekkurathu not a good idea... nan vera fernando-ku overa support panniten... sothappiruvano.... :shaking:

Plum
21st April 2010, 07:44 PM
nInga support paNNAttAlum Fernando sodhappuvAn.

ajaybaskar
21st April 2010, 07:44 PM
Except for that knuckle ball, Fernando is useless. But in the process of bowling those, he may end up bowling beamers too.

Sourav
21st April 2010, 07:48 PM
Dhawan
Sachin
Rayudu
Duminy
Tiwary
Pollard
Nayar
Bhajji
Mclaren/Fernando
Zaheer
Malinga

Mumbai Indians team
SR Tendulkar*, S Dhawan, SS Tiwary, KA Pollard, AT Rayudu†, JP Duminy, AM Nayar, Harbhajan Singh, Z Khan, CRD Fernando, SL Malinga
[tscii:8743c3ae99][/tscii:8743c3ae99]

:mrgreen:

Thirumaran
21st April 2010, 07:50 PM
hope mi puts 200 + and make Kallis to play for 10 overs at least.. :roll:

hamid
21st April 2010, 07:51 PM
Dhawan
Sachin
Rayudu
Duminy
Tiwary
Pollard
Nayar
Bhajji
Mclaren/Fernando
Zaheer
Malinga

Mumbai Indians team
SR Tendulkar*, S Dhawan, SS Tiwary, KA Pollard, AT Rayudu†, JP Duminy, AM Nayar, Harbhajan Singh, Z Khan, CRD Fernando, SL Malinga
[tscii:627029e64e][/tscii:627029e64e]

:mrgreen:

:thumbsup:

Thirumaran
21st April 2010, 07:58 PM
Intha punnaakku vaayan gavaskar, MI dont have experience of having playing in Semi final nu solli vaera verupaetharaan :evil:

VinodKumar's
21st April 2010, 07:59 PM
Intha punnaakku vaayan gavaskar, MI dont have experience of having playing in Semi final nu solli vaera verupaetharaan :evil:

Pesama avara IPL la sethirukalam Mumbai teamkaaga.

Masterum Little masterum opening :D

hamid
21st April 2010, 08:01 PM
Vilangidum :lol: total score will be 58 with gavaskar unbeaten on 3 at one end by end of 20 overs

Thirumaran
21st April 2010, 08:01 PM

20 overs out aagaama aadi 20 run edupaaru.. unakku yaen MI maela veruppu :huh:

Thirumaran
21st April 2010, 08:02 PM
edge and between 3slips :evil:

VinodKumar's
21st April 2010, 08:04 PM

20 overs out aagaama aadi 20 run edupaaru.. unakku yaen MI maela veruppu :huh:

Naan eppo appdi sonnaen :roll:

// seri kasa kasa nu digression pota ellam kadi aagiruvaanga ithoda stop pannikuvom

Nerd
21st April 2010, 08:06 PM
Praveen Kumar ellaam aalaakki vitraadheenga dhayavu seidhu.

Thirumaran
21st April 2010, 08:06 PM
Just 2 runs in first over :sigh2:

Thirumaran
21st April 2010, 08:07 PM
First 4 :boo:

hamid
21st April 2010, 08:07 PM
//digg reg Gavaskar..

intha gavaskar ravi shastri ellam batta katti anuppi vidanum..:yes:ooyaama pesuriingaleeda..konjam aadiththaan kaatungalennu :lol:
//

nice boundary by Tendulkar :clap:

Thirumaran
21st April 2010, 08:08 PM
//digg reg Gavaskar..

intha gavaskar ravi shastri ellam batta katti anuppi vidanum..:yes:ooyaama pesuriingaleeda..konjam aadiththaan kaatungalennu :lol:
//

audience um 20 - 20 thaan :lol2:

Thirumaran
21st April 2010, 08:09 PM
another one :boo:

hamid
:oops:

Thirumaran
what a catch :sigh2: Thalaivar out :(
Sari ithukku maela thaeraathu :wave:

Nerd
:oops:

:cry:

hamid
21st April 2010, 08:10 PM
ada outuppa.. :sad: aatatha niruthu :evil:

ajaybaskar
21st April 2010, 08:10 PM
After 2 glorious shots, Sachin leaves...

Thirumaran
21st April 2010, 08:12 PM
Sari naan poi samaichchu saapidura vaelaya paakuren :cry3:

jinju
21st April 2010, 08:13 PM
thalaivaa, athenna shot athu?! :oops: :cry:

Nerd
21st April 2010, 08:34 PM
Niceeee 8-) They both should stay until the 12th over at least.

ajithfederer
21st April 2010, 08:36 PM
Good positive intent by Rayudu :thumbsup:. We still have 8.5 + RR.

ajithfederer
21st April 2010, 08:38 PM
Ellam thaerum vandhu ukkarunga.

what a catch :sigh2: Thalaivar out :(
Sari ithukku maela thaeraathu :wave:

mgb
21st April 2010, 08:40 PM
if they reach 155-160, malinga, zaheer and bajji will pull it off