PDA

View Full Version : [[-¤--^ Ajith - European F2 championship ^--¤-]]

Kambar_Kannagi
11th March 2010, 08:40 AM
Ajith Kumar's motorsport career has roared into life. The Kollywood actor is determined to pursue his first love - racing cars - and Ajith is set to compete in the Formula Two championship that begins in Silverstone (England) on April 16.

May Ajith brings more fame and proud to our nation through this sport at international arena. Let's wish him lots of luck and pray for his success for the upcoming season. :D

http://i44.tinypic.com/2rrt8gg.jpg

http://www.formulatwo.com/media/1188995/mr-india.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/2hf41w9.jpg

:thumbsup: :cool: :bow: All the Best Ajith, Parthiva Sureshwaren and Armaan Ebrahim... :bow: :cool: :thumbsup:

Kambar_Kannagi
11th March 2010, 08:42 AM
Exclusive Latest Images Of "Racer" Ajith From Malaysia

Pics taken during testing Formula Renault V6 at Sepang Circuit

These images were taken on March 8, 2010 while seat fitting is being done during Thala Ajith's testing session of Formula Renault v6 at Sepang Circuit, Malaysia.

Testing begins from Mar 9th to Mar 11th (4 x 1 hr sessions/day)

http://starajith.com/media_display.php?id=1965

Kambar_Kannagi
11th March 2010, 08:43 AM
Exclusive Ajith Images : Testing Day 1 (Sepang Circuit, Mar 9th)

As per Thala's schedule, testing started from Mar 9th and it will continue till Mar 11th for 4 sessions per day each of 1 hour duration, as we told earlier.

http://starajith.com/media_display.php?id=1972

Kambar_Kannagi
11th March 2010, 08:44 AM
Ajith's Exclusive Dashing Images : Testing Day 2 (Sepang Circuit, Mar 10th)

se are the images of Ajith on testing day 2 at Sepang Circuit, Malaysia.

http://starajith.com/media_display.php?id=1976

Kambar_Kannagi
11th March 2010, 08:46 AM
Ajith Set To Compete In Formula 2

Published in Deccan Chronicle daily paper dated Mar 11, 2010

http://starajith.com/media_display.php?id=1980

Kambar_Kannagi
11th March 2010, 08:46 AM
Ajith Goes Vroom Vroom..

Published in Times Of India daily paper dated Mar 11,2010

http://starajith.com/media_display.php?id=1984

Kambar_Kannagi
11th March 2010, 08:49 AM
For those who are interested in Forumula 2.. This is the calendar.. check your local TV listings .. Its going to be Eurosport in UK..

Formula 2 Calendar (http://www.formulatwo.com/2010-championship/calendar.aspx)

Thanks AV :)

Kambar_Kannagi
11th March 2010, 08:50 AM
Ajith's Exclusive Interview To Rediff

Ajith Kumar, the Tamil star with a huge fan following is all set to return to the racing circuit again.

Ajith was a bike racer before he took up acting. After he became a star in Tamil cinema, he returned to the tracks in 2000 and again in 2004, where he ended the season with two podium finishes.

This time around Ajith is racing in the Formula 2 event in Europe in April.

Ajith spoke exclusively to rediff.com about his passion.

1. When I first met you in the early 90s, you were just recuperating from a bike accident. Do you think you would have become a bike racer and not a film star if not for the accident?

I don't believe in post-mortems. I am where I am. Let us say I believe in destiny. I also believe in miracles.

2. In early 2000, you decided to be a racer again though you were successful as an actor. Was it because motor racing is your passion?

I love motor sports. Whenever I got an opportunity, I indulged. I would say I like to be an ambassador of the sport.

In the 1990s, I rode the 110 cc bikes. In 2002, I started racing cars. I did the National Championship and my best finish was the fourth place in the last race. That kind of motivated me to go further and I participated in the Formula BMW Asia championship.

In 2004, I participated in the British F3. I could not complete my last few races there about which I wouldn't like to go into.

3. In 2004, at the British Formula 3 racing, you had podium finishes at Donnington Park and Knockhill...

It was a dream come true for anyone who loves motor sports. It was a proud moment for me to be with some of the best drivers in the world. I am eternally grateful.

4. In 2002, when we spoke, you admitted that you were at a disadvantage as far as age was concerned.

Today, you see Michael Schumacher, seven-time world champion coming back to racing after retiring at the age of 42. I think it is all about mental and physical fitness and how you feel.

5. Now, you are going to Europe to participate in the European F2 championship starting this April. Do you think you would be able to manage both acting and racing?

I plan to dedicate a lot of my time this year to racing. Let me make one thing clear; I am not looking at Formula 1 at all. A lot of people think racing is a hobby but it is another career option for me. I will continue to race F2 as long as I can.

I am not for single seater racing alone; I would like to race on single seater as long as I can. After that, I am looking at many other options that are there all over the world like the GP2 Series. There are people racing at 60 plus in different parts of the world. So, from March-September this year, it is Formula 2 for me in Europe.

In the meantime, producers Cloud Nine will be working on my 50th film with Gautham Menon.

6. When I talked to Karun Chandhok [who is going to race F1 this year] he said the toughest part for every racer is getting sponsors. Is it different for you as you are a film star?

It is the same for everyone. Still, this year, we may have Narain Karthikeyan and Karun Chandhok racing F1 and F2. Parthiv, Arman and I will also participate.

I am glad that I am getting a lot of advice from Narain, Akbar Ibrahim, Karun and others this year. Arman, Parthiv and I plan to be together for F2. We are going to be sharing a lot of data and I am going to be taking a lot of information and help from them.

7. Arman and Parthiv are teenagers. How do you feel to have them as company?

All I can say is that I am very young at heart. :thumbsup:

8. Do you have enough sponsors?

Negotiations are going on.

9. On what criteria are the racers selected?

They are based on past records and budget. In F2, insurance included, you will need about three and a half crore rupees for one season. It is six to six-and-a-half for GP2. :shock:

10. Do you plan to race GP2 next year?

It all depends on the budget.

11. How excited are you now about the races?

More than excitement, I am kicked about training really hard. It is a lot of hard work. I have just started my training. Eurasia Motor Sport Management manages drivers -- they take care of all the drivers, logistics and coaching so that drivers can concentrate on racing. I am looking forward to that. I am determined to make a mark.

12. Where have you been taking the coaching?

I am leaving for Malaysia to take coaching and testing Renault V6. In the second week of March, I will leave for Europe. I will be based in London from March to September. In between the races, I will come to Chennai.

13. Would you enjoy the anonymity there?

I don't know whether I will have the time to enjoy it. I will have a lot of work to do. We have to read a lot of data and do a lot of training.

I am working out for six hours everyday. I am determined to lose 20 kilos in a month. I have already lost three kilos in four days. I am jogging almost 15 kilometres everyday. I am working out on strengthening my neck muscles too. In the coming days, you will see a different Ajith. :victory: :happydance:

14. Is the film industry supportive?

Yes, those who care for me are very supportive.

15. How is your wife reacting to your decision to be a racer again?

Recently I participated in the National MRF F 1600. It happened over dinner with Narain. He helped me make that decision. Then, I participated in the MRF race, and my wife had come along.

She said, after a long time, I saw you smile and you looked very happy. When I said I would like to race, she said, go ahead and do it. She was the one who asked me to follow my heart. I owe it to my wife. If not for her, I wouldn't be racing.

I have the support of my parents too. They know what racing means to me. If I don't do it now, I will never do it. I am also grateful to Narain for saying wonderful things about me on the radio.

16. So, it won't be once in six years hereafter?

No. I want to make a career of it. I am not talking about Formula 1. If my celebrity status can bring in more people to the sport, I will be very proud.

I can do two or three films a year and make a lot of money. It is not my agenda. I want to do something for the sport I really love. :notworthy: :thumbsup:

http://movies.rediff.com/slide-show/2010/mar/10/slide-show-1-south-interview-with-ajith.htm#contentTop

ajithfederer
11th March 2010, 09:06 AM
Tha!!@lii appadi podu aruvalai. Indha arivu enaku illama ponadhukku enakku :hammer:.

Thanks Kambar_kannagi. Good avatar and sig.

Sourav
11th March 2010, 09:34 AM
:thumbsup: KK!

All the best thala!!! :2thumbsup:

Kalyasi
11th March 2010, 10:03 AM
KK :clap: :thumbsup:

Appu s
11th March 2010, 10:07 AM
:clap: :clap:

Kambar sir :thumbsup:

Dinesh84
11th March 2010, 10:15 AM
:clap: :clap: KK

Thala :2thumbsup:

Kambar_Kannagi
11th March 2010, 02:16 PM
Driver's List:

http://www.formulatwo.com/2010-drivers.aspx

Note: Ajith's name is yet to be included since his entry was delayed, I heard. :)

Kambar_Kannagi
11th March 2010, 02:19 PM
AF, thanks. Ur avatar :bow:

Sourav, Kalyasi, Appu & Dinesh :D

Kambar_Kannagi
11th March 2010, 02:21 PM
One additional info:

I heard Ajith himself is sharing those photos taken from Sepang, Malaysia with starajith's admin, Senthil Anand. A welcome change from Ajith who kept a distance from fans earlier. :clap:

Aalavanthan
11th March 2010, 03:08 PM
They havent updated with Ajith's name in the drivers page yet ... There is still a month to go before the Silverstone grand prix.. I might drop in for the qualifyings on saturday, 17th April..

Appu s
11th March 2010, 03:31 PM
They havent updated with Ajith's name in the drivers page yet ... There is still a month to go before the Silverstone grand prix.. I might drop in for the qualifyings on saturday, 17th April..
Thanks for the inoformation AV,
when Ajith participated in british F3 formula,there were two classes A&B,Champinoship and scholarship classes,that depends upon the budget range and as well as the sponsorship they get,but they raced together and prize classifications were different.Ajith raced in 'B' sponshorship class. Is there anything like that in Formula 2 also?

Kambar_Kannagi
11th March 2010, 03:32 PM

Cool. :)

Rocky89
11th March 2010, 03:37 PM
KK :D :thumbsup:

For the next 6 months, this is our main thread :cool: :cool2:

Aalavanthan
11th March 2010, 04:39 PM
Formula Two, abbreviated to F2, is a type of open wheel formula racing. It was replaced by Formula 3000 in 1985, but the FIA announced in 2008 that Formula Two would return for 2009 in the form of the FIA Formula Two Championship. The goal is to develop a low-cost series to allow young drivers a chance to compete in the highest tiers of motorsport.

History
While Formula One has generally been regarded as the pinnacle of open-wheeled auto racing, the high performance nature of the cars and the expense involved in the series has always meant a need for a path to reach this peak. For much of the history of Formula One, Formula Two has represented the penultimate step on the motorsport ladder.

vanchi
11th March 2010, 09:35 PM
KambarK :clap:
Thala 8-)

Kambar_Kannagi
15th March 2010, 06:38 AM
Rocky, Vanchi :)

Kambar_Kannagi
15th March 2010, 06:39 AM
[tscii:98422bfd79]Saturday March 13, 2010
Kollywood star gets behind the wheel after six-year break
By PRIYA MENON
Photos by S.S. KANESAN

priya@thestar.com.my

NO matter how many times fate took Kollywood star Ajith Kumar away from the race tracks, somehow he always found his way back.

A motorsports enthusiast all his life, Ajith began dabbling in bike racing before he joined the film fraternity. He was racing on and off and had competed in several international competitions including F3, Formula BMW Asia and the British F3 Championships.

The simple coincidences in his life are a mark of his deep rooted connection to the sport. His favourite racer Ayrton Senna — Brazilian driver and winner of three F1 races — died on his birthday, May 1; Ajith’s two-year-old daughter Anoushka was born on Michael Schumacher’s birthday, January 3; and Ajith’s first international race in 2003 was held on Ayrton’s birthday, March 21.

All smiles: Ajith taking a break at the circuit.

Now, the hero dubbed the Ultimate Star is back on the tracks after a six-year break for the F2 2010 that will be held in April in Europe.

Ajith was recently in Malaysia to test out his Formula Renault V6 car and StarMetro caught up with him to find out more about what makes him tick.

“I guess I have some unfinished business with racing. It feels like a homecoming,” he said.

Ajith added that he had come to Sepang as it was one of the best circuits and the logistics support here is amazing.

He had with him Korean racing team E’Rain and the services of Piers Hunnisett, one of the founders of Eurasia Sports Management.

On the road again: Ajith reaching out for his helmet before getting into his race car.

Coming back to the track is not an easy transition and Ajith has done everything to ensure he is fit for the tracks. Besides training vigorously on the circuit, he has lost 11 kgs in two weeks with cardio and weight training.

The F2 race is a feeder series for the F1 races and many F1 bosses come to the races to keep an eye out for drivers. The first three winners from F2 would qualify for the Super licence.

Another feeder for the F1 is the GP2 but the cost is almost double that of the F2.

“The competition is going to be pretty intense. It is a huge exposure for all the drivers,” Ajith said.

Motorsports is definitely an expensive hobby and many companies are unsupportive of the other races except F1.

“They forget that in order for the racers to qualify for F1 they have to go through the other races as well,” said Ajith, who is in negotiations for his sponsorship.

However, for Ajith, F1 is not his ultimate goal, as he believes in competing to the highest level with his own talent and ability.

According to Ajith, motorsports are still a very niche hobby in India and he hoped his celebrity status would help expand the sport to the rural areas.

“Life is very short. Do not let the spark out of your life. Do the things you love to do,” he said.

This same enthusiasm and the support his family has shown him over the years are the reasons behind his repeated success as a racer.

Ajith, who is married to actress Shalini, said it was she who prompted him to get behind the wheel again.

“I was in a race meet last February and Shalini said she had not seen me so happy in a long time. She told me to pursue my dreams of racing,” he added.

His parents have also been behind his decision and Ajith plans to bring both Shalini and his daughter to Europe for the race.

Ajith had some words of wisdom to share with young racing enthusiasts who take to the streets to fulfil their passion.

“For those who enjoy speed, go to your local motorsports centre. There you can rent the venue for a few hours a day and race in a controlled environment,” he said.

As for his next movie venture, Ajith said the film starts shooting in October after the F2 race and the director will be Gautham Menon, famous for hits like Khakaa Khakaa and Vaaranam Aayiraam.

For more details on the Formula 2 race in Europe, visit http://www.formulatwo.com/

http://thestar.com.my/metro/story.asp?file=/2010/3/13/central/5853070&sec=central[/tscii:98422bfd79]

Kambar_Kannagi
16th March 2010, 06:53 AM
Ajith's Practice To Increase Speed

Published in Kungumam weekly magazine dated Mar 15, 2010

http://starajith.com/media_display.php?id=2004

leosimha
16th March 2010, 12:08 PM
sorry for the late entry. I am also present here, sir. :) :D

thala :hats of to you: :clap: hip hip hurray....

Yuvi
18th March 2010, 05:26 PM
Indian Racers (Officially Announced)

Parthiva Sureshwaren (http://www.formulatwo.com/2010-drivers/parthiva-sureshwaren.aspx)

Parthiva Sureshwaren will join fellow countryman Armaan Ebrahim on the grid for the 2010 FIA Formula Two Championship.

Born in Chennai, the Indian racer forged a reputation as one of his country's finest talents after success in a variety of national championships. He scored his first race victory in the Indian National Championship for saloon cars, before winning eight out of ten races in the Indian National Formula Maruti series.

Sureshwaren made the step up to single seaters in 2001 when he competed in the British F3 National Class. He went on to contest selected races in the Barber Dodge Pro Series in the USA before taking an enforced sabbatical from the sport due to a lack of budget.

Parthiva made his return to competitive motorsport in 2007 when he contested a part season in Formula Renault V6 Asia - scoring two podiums in his first eight races. His performances earned him a call up to race for A1 Team India in Eastern Creek, Australia. He raced again for the team in 2008 when he stood in for the injured Narain Karthikeyan in Durban, South Africa. Parthiva also has previous experience of the F2 car, having joined the official winter test in Valencia on the opening day.

Maaster.. Pls. enable his pic..

Kambar_Kannagi
19th March 2010, 07:47 AM
Parthiva Sureshwaren signs up for 2010 F2 season

Indian driver becomes 14th entrant as grid takes shape

Parthiva Sureshwaren is the latest driver to secure his place on the Formula Two grid- becoming the second Indian driver in the 2010 line-up.

Sureshwaren began his single seater career in 2001 when he competed in the British F3 National Class. He went on to contest selected races in the Barber Dodge Pro Series in the USA before taking an enforced sabbatical from the sport due to a lack of budget.

Born in Chennai, the Indian racer made his return to competitive motorsport in 2007 when he contested a part season in Formula Renault V6 Asia - scoring two podiums in his first eight races. His performances earned him a call up to race for A1 Team India in Eastern Creek, Australia, and a position as their permanent reserve driver. He raced again for the team in 2008 when he stood in for the injured Narain Karthikeyan in Durban, South Africa. Parthiva also has previous experience of the F2 car, having joined the official winter test in Valencia on the opening day.

Parthiva Sureshwaren said: "I'm really looking forward to the new F2 season, especially as I have already tested the car in Valencia and I know most of the circuits F2 will visit. The car has good downforce and good ground effect aerodynamics, so my first impressions of it were very positive. On top of that the championship is very cost effective for such a high level of motorsport, so it's great to be joining. My aim is to regularly score points and by mid-season be in a position to score podiums, and I'm confident I can achieve that."

Jonathan Palmer, Formula Two Series Director, said: "Parthiva is our second Indian driver in the 2010 championship, which really affirms F2's strong international profile, particularly in a country where the popularity of motorsport is growing so quickly now with Karun Chandhok graduating to F1. Parthiva has already experienced a similarly high level of motorsport when he competed in A1GP, so I'm sure he will be looking to make a strong start to the season. He certainly faces some tough competition though, and with several very quick young drivers close to finalising their budgets for next year it is looking clear that F2 will soon be full with 24 cars for its second season."

http://www.formulatwo.com/news/parthiva-sureshwaren-joins.aspx

Kambar_Kannagi
19th March 2010, 07:52 AM
Maaster.. Pls. enable his pic..

Yuvi, I have added this link in the front page along with Armaan's. Will PM the mod. :)

Kambar_Kannagi
22nd March 2010, 07:14 AM
Exclusive : Thala's Rocking Unseen Images From Malaysia Part 2

In Mar 2010, Thala Ajith attended a Renault V6 testing session at Sepang Circuit in Malaysia, as a preparatory for the upcoming Formula 2 Championship which starts from April 16, 2010. Before few days, we released some exclusive images of Ajith from Malaysian testing session which got tremendous response from our members. Here are the next part of images. Hope you will enjoy these rocking images. 8-)

http://starajith.com/media_display.php?id=2026

BM
23rd March 2010, 09:47 PM
[tscii:0a5ec71972]India’s Ajith Kumar signs up for Formula Two

http://www.formulatwo.com/news/india%E2%80%99s-ajith-kumar-signs-up-for-formula-two.aspx

Indian driver Ajith Kumar has become the 17th driver to confirm his place in the 2010 FIA Formula Two Championship line-up.

Kumar is a huge film star in his native country and a keen racing driver, having previously competed in both Asia and Europe. He made his racing debut in 2003, where he contesting selected rounds of the Formula BMW Asia series, and he scored a top six finish during his maiden campaign before moving to the UK in 2004 to compete in the hugely competitive British Formula 3 series. He contested ten races in the National class and scored two podium finishes.

Whilst acting has taken up the majority of Kumar's time in recent years, he feels the time is right to return to racing as the sport continues to grow in his own country.

Ajith Kumar said: "I am really excited about racing in F2. I have a great regard for Jonathan Palmer - thanks to him and his efforts Formula Two is the next best thing to F1. Coming from India with a population of 2 billion, I want to take motor racing in this country to the common man. Right now, it is still a niche sport largely popular in the urban areas. Given my profile as a film star, I hope to use my status to popularise the sport in India.

"I have the confidence of achieving some success in this year's FIA Formula Two Championship. I have already tested some other cars in Malaysia recently and am looking forward to more practice runs in the F2 car at Snetterton and Silverstone before the event kicks off. I hope my participation, along with Armaan Ebrahim and Parthiva Sureshwaran, will create the right amount of interest in the sport in India."

F2 Series Director Jonathan Palmer said: "I am delighted to welcome Ajith to F2. To have a well known Indian film star who has demonstrated such ambition now racing in F2 is very exciting for the championship, and I really admire Ajith's determination and enthusiasm. Paul Newman demonstrated that international celebrities can be competitive in international motorsport - and late in his career. Ajith on the other hand is several years younger than both Michael Schumacher and Rubens Barrichello. The F2 team and other drivers look forward to giving maximum support to help Ajith become increasingly competitive."[/tscii:0a5ec71972]

Yuvi
23rd March 2010, 09:51 PM
Sooper.. ithana naal I was just refreshing the drivers page to see whether Ajith is included or not.. Glad that we have the official confirmation now and I am on my way to book the qualifying tickets on 17th at Silverstone. 8-)

Yuvi
23rd March 2010, 09:54 PM
Ajith in F2 (http://www.formulatwo.com/2010-drivers/ajith-kumar.aspx)

Date of birth: 01-05-1971
Nationality: Indian

Target for 2010:
"I have the confidence of achieving some success in this year's FIA Formula Two Championship. I have already tested some other cars in Malaysia recently and am looking forward to more practice runs in the F2 car at Snetterton and Silverstone before the event kicks off. I hope my participation, along with Armaan Ebrahim and Parthiva Sureshwaran, will create the right amount of interest in the sport in India."

ajaybaskar
23rd March 2010, 09:55 PM
Super Thala... Wishing him the very best!!

vanchi
23rd March 2010, 10:37 PM
Thala :D :notworthy: :thumbsup:

Kambar_Kannagi
24th March 2010, 06:58 AM
Ah, finally... Ajith's name is added... :redjump: :redjump: :redjump:

Wishing All the Best to our three racers... :D :cool:

http://www.formulatwo.com/2010-drivers.aspx

ArulprakasH
24th March 2010, 04:58 PM
http://www.formulatwo.com/2010-drivers/ajith-kumar.aspx

All the best Thala :thumbsup:

ArulprakasH
24th March 2010, 05:03 PM
Indian Drivers Profiles

http://www.formulatwo.com/2010-drivers/armaan-ebrahim.aspx

http://www.formulatwo.com/2010-drivers/parthiva-sureshwaren.aspx

Make us proud guys.. all the best :thumbsup:

Kambar_Kannagi
25th March 2010, 06:50 AM
[tscii:32c7d6fbbb]Silver Screen To Silverstone :: Ajith's F2 Story 8-)

Times Of India :

Chennai: Tamil film actor Ajith Kumar is set to don the role of a race driver, but for a change it won’t be on the silver screen.

The 39-year-old is set to race at the best tracks in the world starting at Silverstone in England. Ajith will be driving wheel-to-wheel with some of the best upcoming racers of the world at the FIA Formula Two championship this year.

Ajith, whose entry into the feeder series was confirmed on Wednesday, will be the third Indian driver on the F2 grid. He will join the talented 21-year-old Armaan Ebrahim, who is in his second season in F2, and Parthiva Sureshwaren, who is making a comeback to international racing after a brief period away from competition.

“I am very excited about getting into competitive racing again and am looking forward to the first race next month,” said Ajith. “I am confident of achieving some success in the championship.”

Ajith, a motorsport enthusiast, is not new to racing. He made his international debut in 2003 at the Formula BMW Asia Championship, where he had limited success. His best result was in the Korea round where he qualified 4th and finished 6th. In 2004, he competed in the British Formula 3 Scholarship Class, where he managed two podium finishes.
This year, the actor competed in the final round of the MRF racing series in Chennai in February but failed to finish the race due to mechanical problems. Though the MRF cars had decent pace, it is obvious Ajith will have to do a lot of homework just to make sure he safely reaches the checquered flag, let alone podiums.

The actor himself is aware he won’t get retakes and to get himself race-ready he has gone through test rounds in Malaysia.

“I did some testing in Malaysia recently and am looking forward to more practice runs in Snetterton (circuit in UK) & Silverstone before the event kicks off on April 16 (at Silverstone).”

He will need all the preparations as F2 is as competitive as any other international series and is filled with dangers too. Last July, British driver Henry Surtees died on the track after being hit by a wheel which came off another car during the F2 round at Brands Hatch.

Sureshwaren, who will share the grid with Ajith, is confident the actor will adapt fast.

“He (Ajith) has seen race action before,” said Sureshwaren. “I spoke to Ajith about it and he is pretty confident of doing well. He has been showing a lot of interest to work on his driving and Armaan and I will of course be with him, helping him to adapt fast to the rigours of international racing.”

The country is going through a growth phase as far as motorsport is concerned. After Narain Karthikeyan, Karun Chandhok made it to Formula One grid this season and Force India is looking as though they would be competing with the big boys for points in the F1 championship this year.

And with a Formula One race likely to be held in Delhi in 2011, Ajith feels the popularity will skyrocket and he is confident his presence in the F2 grid will contribute to the process.
“I hope my participation along with the other two Indians, Armaan and Parthiva Sureshwaren will create the right amount of interest and following for F2 and the sport in India,” says Ajith.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dinathanthi :

http://starajith.com/media_display.php?id=2039[/tscii:32c7d6fbbb]

BM
27th March 2010, 09:48 AM
Ajith's Exclusive Interview : HINDU

http://www.starajith.com/News/mar2710th1.jpg

http://www.starajith.com/News/mar2710th2.jpg

Courtesy : Starajith

BM
27th March 2010, 10:43 PM
Exclusive Ajith's Interview From NDTV Hindu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSGpRDjsjDA&feature=player_embedded

BM
28th March 2010, 02:17 AM
Chennai prays for Ajith - NDTV News

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b69HrpHbUgg&feature=player_embedded

Kambar_Kannagi
29th March 2010, 01:45 PM
Signature Campaign To Wish Ajith For Success In Motor Sports

Wishes from various people. Thanks to all of them :D

http://starajith.com/media_display.php?id=2053

Kambar_Kannagi
29th March 2010, 01:48 PM
"Im Going To Race In 300 Km/hr" : Ajith's Exclusive Interview :)

Published in Kungumam weekly magazine dated Mar 29, 2010

vanchi
29th March 2010, 10:28 PM
Signature Campaign To Wish Ajith For Success In Motor Sports

Wishes from various people. Thanks to all of them :D

:notworthy: :D

Kambar_Kannagi
31st March 2010, 06:48 AM
First Ever Exclusive Images Of Ajith From U.K. 8-)

http://starajith.com/media_display.php?id=2054

Car number - 28
It would have been good if the car has India's flag colors... :)

Kalyasi
31st March 2010, 09:10 AM
Car number - 28
It would have been good if the car has India's flag colors... :)

Athaan irukke....

ajithfederer
1st April 2010, 01:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPDiVPg0QJg&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSGpRDjsjDA&feature=related

Exclusive Ajith's Full Interview From NDTV Hindu By STARAJITH

The man looks supersmart 8-)

BM
1st April 2010, 05:08 PM
Ajith represents India - Tv9 telugu news

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUQNQLmF0QU&feature=related

BM
1st April 2010, 06:48 PM
Actor Ajith signs up with Eurasia Motorsport

Eurasia Motorsport Management, an independent organisation specialising in Driver Management and motorsport sponsorship has signed up Tamil star Ajith Kumar, who is to compete in the 2010 FIA Formula 2 Championship at Silverstone in England later this month.

Piers Hunnisett, Eurasia Motorsport Management, UK who manages Ajith's international racing activities said Eurasia Motorsport Management was pleased to announce it has signed up Ajith Kumar to develop his professional racing career.

Eurasia will manage Ajiths motorsport activities, including sourcing teams and events, in addition to driver training. The first deal made has been to place Ajith Kumar in the high profile Formula 2 championship a series just one step below Formula 1.

Ajith Kumar's serious preparation for his first Formula 2 race, the first event on the 2010 FIA Formula 2 Championships calendar, is scheduled to take place in Silverstone, UK on April 16.

Ajith Kumar is already in UK getting the hang of his car and preparing for a major thrust in thefirst race of the season. He is presently at Bedford Autodrome, Thurleigh, Bedford, UK getting his seat engineered to perfection.

Car number 28 sports the FMSCI label, which is Ajith's way of acknowledging the Indian motor sports body.

Having returned to motorsports, his original passion before he turned to the profession of acting, Ajth now joins India's motorsport icons like Narain Karthikeyan, Karun Chandhok, Arman Ebrahim Parthiva Sureshwaran and Gaurav Gill, who are into big time racing. himself.

On signing up Ajith, Piers Hunnisett saed "it is a great pleasure to be able to work with a driver such as Ajith; he has so much enthusiasm for the sport and for this year he is putting in 110 % effort into his racing career".

http://www.mynews.in/News/Actor_Ajith_signs_up_with_Eurasia_Motorsport_N4293 1.html

raghavendran
2nd April 2010, 11:23 AM
Actor Ajith signs up with Eurasia Motorsport

Eurasia Motorsport Management, an independent organisation specialising in Driver Management and motorsport sponsorship has signed up Tamil star Ajith Kumar, who is to compete in the 2010 FIA Formula 2 Championship at Silverstone in England later this month.

Piers Hunnisett, Eurasia Motorsport Management, UK who manages Ajith's international racing activities said Eurasia Motorsport Management was pleased to announce it has signed up Ajith Kumar to develop his professional racing career.

Eurasia will manage Ajiths motorsport activities, including sourcing teams and events, in addition to driver training. The first deal made has been to place Ajith Kumar in the high profile Formula 2 championship a series just one step below Formula 1.

Ajith Kumar's serious preparation for his first Formula 2 race, the first event on the 2010 FIA Formula 2 Championships calendar, is scheduled to take place in Silverstone, UK on April 16.

Ajith Kumar is already in UK getting the hang of his car and preparing for a major thrust in thefirst race of the season. He is presently at Bedford Autodrome, Thurleigh, Bedford, UK getting his seat engineered to perfection.

Car number 28 sports the FMSCI label, which is Ajith's way of acknowledging the Indian motor sports body.

Having returned to motorsports, his original passion before he turned to the profession of acting, Ajth now joins India's motorsport icons like Narain Karthikeyan, Karun Chandhok, Arman Ebrahim Parthiva Sureshwaran and Gaurav Gill, who are into big time racing. himself.

On signing up Ajith, Piers Hunnisett saed "it is a great pleasure to be able to work with a driver such as Ajith; he has so much enthusiasm for the sport and for this year he is putting in 110 % effort into his racing career".

http://www.mynews.in/News/Actor_Ajith_signs_up_with_Eurasia_Motorsport_N4293 1.html
hope he emerges victoies...all the best "racer" ajithkumar

Kambar_Kannagi
2nd April 2010, 01:29 PM
AJITH'S F2 AGENTS REVEALED

Eurasia Motor Sports Management will manage Ajith's participation in the F2 championships, including his advertising deals. Eurasia also manages events and advertising deals of India's F1 player Narain Karthikeyan. Ajith will sport No. 28 of the FMSCI sign during the competitions. This was revealed in an official press release.

Following his decision to participate in the F2 championships to be held in Silverstone, England on April 16, 2010, Ajith is currently touring Europe for training. His family, wife Shalini and daughter Anushka are accompanying him.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/apr-10-01/ajith-f2-02-04-10.html

Kambar_Kannagi
2nd April 2010, 01:37 PM
Ajith's Prime Target

Published in Dinakaran daily paper dated Apr 02, 2010

http://www.starajith.com/media_display.php?id=2060

raghavendran
2nd April 2010, 02:21 PM
Ajith's Prime Target

Published in Dinakaran daily paper dated Apr 02, 2010

http://www.starajith.com/media_display.php?id=2060 8-)

Kambar_Kannagi
2nd April 2010, 02:52 PM
Video : Ajith's Exclusive Interview To NDTV Hindu 8-)

Part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCOU8NcOnhM&feature=player_embedded

Part 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLOYdnB8QG8&feature=player_embedded#

Note: I think there will be more parts... Starajith working on it. :D

Kambar_Kannagi
2nd April 2010, 03:21 PM
Video : Ajith's Exclusive Interview To NDTV Hindu 8-)

Part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCOU8NcOnhM&feature=player_embedded

Part 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLOYdnB8QG8&feature=player_embedded#

Part 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0krUVe1HHH8&feature=player_embedded

BM
2nd April 2010, 08:27 PM
[tscii:7f29a5182b]Ajith In Serious Preparation For His First Formula 2 Race

EURASIA MOTORSPORT SIGN UP AJITH KUMAR

Eurasia Motorsport Management is an independent organisation specialising in Driver Management and motorsport Sponsorship. The company is headed by successful international racing driver Piers Hunnisett who has over 25 years of experience in motorsport. His extensive network of contacts and knowledge of motorsport is second to none. Eurasia acts as a consultant and advisor to global companies and individuals on commercial and special projects related to all aspects of the motorsport industry. Eurasia Motorsport also placed Narain Karthikeyan into Formula 1 and still works closely with him in his motorsports activities.

Now, Eurasia Motorsport Management has signed up Ajith Kumar who has confirmed participation in the 2010 FIA Formula 2 Championship. Piers Hunnisett, Eurasia Motorsport Management, UK who manages Ajith's international racing activities informs, "Eurasia Motorsport Management is pleased to announce it has signed up Ajith Kumar in order to develop his professional racing career. Eurasia will manage all of Ajith’s motorsport activities including sourcing teams and events in addition to driver training. The first deal made has been to place Ajith Kumar in the high profile Formula 2 championship a series just one step below Formula 1."

AJITH KUMAR IN SERIOUS PREPARATION FOR HIS FIRST FORMULA 2 RACE

The first event on the 2010 FIA Formula 2 Championships calendar is scheduled to take place in Silverstone, UK on April 16. Ajith Kumar is already in UK getting the hang of his car and preparing for a major thrust in the first race of the season. He is presently at Bedford Autodrome, Thurleigh, Bedford, UK getting his seat engineered to perfection. Car number 28 sports the FMSCI label, which is Ajith's way of acknowledging the Indian motor sports body and the efforts that they have done to inspire Indian drivers like Narain Karthikeyan, Karun Chandhok, Arman Ebrahim, Parthiva Sureshwaran and Ajith himself. James Goodfield is the Chief Engineer at F2.

Says Piers Hunnisett, "It is a great pleasure to be able to work with a driver such as Ajith; he has so much enthusiasm for the sport and for this year he is putting in 110 % effort into his racing career. It has been a couple of years since he last raced professionally in Formula 3 so it will take a couple of races in Formula 2 to get back up to speed, but I believe he has the dedication and the focus to produce some good results during the year."

Courtesy : Indian Motorsport

http://www.starajith.com/media_display.php?id=2061[/tscii:7f29a5182b]

BM
3rd April 2010, 02:24 PM
Ajith will be having his pre-season test in Snetterton on April 6/7, 2010.

In F2 official press release, it is given that "Twenty drivers from thirteen different nations will have their first experience of the upgraded Williams JPH1B when F2 pre-season testing gets underway at Snetterton on 6/7 April.

Six drivers from the 2009 championship will be present, including race winners Philipp Eng and Kazim Vasiliauskas, whilst the series welcomes a host of new talent to its ranks for the 2010 season. Among the list of newcomers are two current champions in Benjamin Bailly (Formul'Academy Euro Series) and Will Bratt (Euroseries 3000), whilst International Formula Master runner-up Sergey Afanasiev and McLaren Autosport BRDC Award finalist Dean Stoneman will also be among those looking to run at the sharp end of the grid.

The on-track action will commence at 10:20 am on 6 April as the grid is split into two groups for a 30-minute session, as the drivers acclimatise themselves to both the car and circuit.

All cars will run together for the first time from 11:45am - 12:30pm, with a further 90 minutes of running scheduled after lunch. Drivers will enjoy another four hours of testing on Wednesday (7 April).

Every driver in the F2 field is provided with data and video of both his or her car, plus the data and video of the quickest driver from the same session in order to aid their development.

http://www.starajith.com/media_display.php?id=2062

Appu s
4th April 2010, 11:31 AM
Pre season test will be broadcast live by Eurosport on Apr-6 :cool2: hope there will live streaming :thumbsup:

BM
6th April 2010, 07:02 PM
FIA Formula Two
Day 1 - Session 1+2 - Combined Classification

http://www.formulatwo.com/media/1310847/day%201%20session%201%20and%202%20combined.pdf

Appu s
7th April 2010, 01:41 AM
Just checked the day one pre season combined result, Ajith finished at last position,that too almost 3 minutes difference the top, not sure how many laps he finished. note it down , he is last at pre season, let see where he finish after few months :)

Kambar_Kannagi
7th April 2010, 07:41 AM
Images of Ajith Kumar From F2 - Snetterton Testing Day 1 (Apr 6, 2010) :)

http://starajith.com/media_display.php?id=2063

Kambar_Kannagi
7th April 2010, 07:42 AM
Just checked the day one pre season combined result, Ajith finished at last position,that too almost 3 minutes difference the top, not sure how many laps he finished. note it down , he is last at pre season, let see where he finish after few months :)

:cry:

What is the 'pre season combined result' means? This is just to test out and get used to track or the result will determine the line up in the final... :roll: :?

Appu s
7th April 2010, 10:14 AM

:cry:

What is the 'pre season combined result' means? This is just to test out and get used to track or the result will determine the line up in the final... :roll: :?

Yes, it was just a test drive,will not included in the final result i think.

Appu s
7th April 2010, 10:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y0XK7rg1OE&feature=player_embedded#

Kambar_Kannagi
7th April 2010, 10:49 AM
Exclusive Onboard Car Video Of Ajith Kumar :)

From Formula 2 Testing At Snetterton Day 1- April 6, 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y0XK7rg1OE&feature=player_embedded#

Kambar_Kannagi
7th April 2010, 01:31 PM
Exclusive Videos & Images Of Ajith Kumar From Snetterton :)

From Formula 2 Testing At Snetterton Day 1- April 6, 2010

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ8sjF_pLPk&feature=player_embedded

http://www.starajith.com/media_display.php?id=2065

leosimha
7th April 2010, 02:30 PM

very disappointing.... he finished at 20th position (last but one).

it is clearly mentioned that thala finished 15 laps during the 1st session and 21 laps during the 2nd session. And they have taken the best timing of 1:03.825 (2nd session). The main point to be noted is the timing of 1.045 seconds behind the 19th position which is very very huge. If it had been less than 0.5 seconds, it would have been great.

:(

Kambar_Kannagi
8th April 2010, 01:37 PM
Exclusive 1 min Video Of Ajith Kumar From Snetterton :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IXq91H55gg&feature=player_embedded

Appu s
8th April 2010, 01:45 PM
:ty: k_k

BM
10th April 2010, 09:33 AM
Exclusive Videos & Images Of Ajith Kumar From Snetterton (Day 2)

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcySblI4L9Y&feature=player_embedded

http://www.starajith.com/media_display.php?id=2067

BM
10th April 2010, 12:43 PM
[tscii:6175b76c17]Impressive First Test for Ajith Kumar:

Short interview of Eurasia Motorsport staff Mr.Piers Hunnisett

Ajith Kumar impressed many on his return to professional motorsport during the first pre season Formula 2 test at the Snetterton circuit this week.

Ajith completed over 200 laps of the 2 mile circuit and showed that he had lost none of talent during his absence from the sport.

Piers Hunnisett, Eurasia Motorsport Management, UK, who manages Ajith’s international racing career, says:

“Ajith drove very well over the two day test with his lap times coming down every time he went on track. He worked well with his engineer and had no problems with his fitness. I am very impressed by his performance as the F2 cars are very powerful and not easy to drive. Having not driven competitively for the past couple of years it will take a few races to match the pace of the leading group as all of Ajith competitors have been competing regularly in motorsport for at least the past 3 years.”

The next test at the Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit is the final test before the opening race on the 17th /18th April.
[/tscii:6175b76c17]

http://www.starajith.com/media_display.php?id=2068

BM
11th April 2010, 02:48 AM
Expanded live TV coverage for F2 in 2010
Eurosport to screen every Formula Two race live across Europe

The FIA Formula Two Championship will enjoy expanded live TV coverage during the 2010 season as every race is scheduled to be broadcast live by Eurosport, with the vast majority in 16:9 and high definition.

All 18 F2 races will be broadcast live on Eurosport International and Eurosport 2, and either live or delayed-live on both British Eurosport and Eurosport Asia-Pacific.

Live coverage of the season will get underway with a major standalone event on the Silverstone Grand Prix circuit. The remaining eight events will accompany the FIA World Touring Car Championship, and F2 will be broadcast as part of the same programme and production as the WTCC, reaching a huge audience.

Eurosport has a network that reaches 59 countries and 139 million homes in Europe and 10 countries in the Asia-Pacific region. Last year more than three million people on average watched Eurosport's live coverage of F2 races. With more races screened live in 2010 and a greater number of events, this figure is set to be increased.

Eurosport Events will again organise live streaming of every F2 race on both Eurosport/Yahoo and the official F2 website, with free access. Full broadcast scheduling from Eurosport International, British Eurosport and Eurosport Asia-Pacific will be published ahead of the new season.

http://www.formulatwo.com/news/record-tv-coverage-for-f2-in-2010.aspx

raghavendran
11th April 2010, 09:36 AM
[tscii:fd13a413ff]Impressive First Test for Ajith Kumar:

Short interview of Eurasia Motorsport staff Mr.Piers Hunnisett

Ajith Kumar impressed many on his return to professional motorsport during the first pre season Formula 2 test at the Snetterton circuit this week.

Ajith completed over 200 laps of the 2 mile circuit and showed that he had lost none of talent during his absence from the sport.

Piers Hunnisett, Eurasia Motorsport Management, UK, who manages Ajith’s international racing career, says:

“Ajith drove very well over the two day test with his lap times coming down every time he went on track. He worked well with his engineer and had no problems with his fitness. I am very impressed by his performance as the F2 cars are very powerful and not easy to drive. Having not driven competitively for the past couple of years it will take a few races to match the pace of the leading group as all of Ajith competitors have been competing regularly in motorsport for at least the past 3 years.”

The next test at the Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit is the final test before the opening race on the 17th /18th April.
[/tscii:fd13a413ff]

http://www.starajith.com/media_display.php?id=2068
racer ajithukku oru all the best

BM
11th April 2010, 03:50 PM
The Other Side Of Ajith:
Published in Just For Women monthly magazine - April 2010 edition.

"...It really hurts when people comment on the need for me to participate in the race. While preparing mentally and physically for the challenges ahead, the least i expect is good wishes from the people here"

http://www.starajith.com/media_display.php?id=2069

BM
12th April 2010, 04:16 PM
Exclusive: Ajith living his racing dream!

Tamil star Ajith Kumar created a buzz when he decided to fulfill his dream of racing at the 2010 FIA Formula 2 Championship in Europe.

After training himself in Malaysia, Ajith moved to Snetterton to start the test racing. In the first test that took place at Snetterton on April 6 and 7, the actor finished 22nd.

The second test will take place today (April 12) at Silverstone with the first race from April 16 to 18 at the same place.

In an exclusive email interview with rediff.com from the UK, Ajith talks about his first test race at Formula 2 Championships. Excerpts:

1.How was the preparation in Malaysia?

In the past, I have only driven racing cars with stick shift sequential gear boxes whereas the Formula racing cars of today have the paddle shift and clutch behind the steering wheel. The Renault V6 test in Malaysia really helped me get used to paddle shifts (gear change) and left foot braking.

2.Did the preparations help you finally for the Formula 2 tests?

They obviously helped me get used to the very high speed that racing cars of today are capable of achieving.

3.What was going through your mind when you were getting ready for the April 6 and 7 tests at Snetterton?

My main objective was to learn as much about the car as possible. I spent a lot of time with my engineers to understand how to set up the car and how the car would behave to every little set up change made. Honestly, I was not looking at timings at all. I was calm and collected and in the process, my lap times kept improving.

4.You finished last in the tests. Were you unhappy with the result?

Considering the fact that I have not sat in a racing car for the last six years, I am very pleased with my results. I was 2.6 seconds off the fastest lap set and only 9/10 of a second off Parthiva's lap time. We have another test at Silverstone on April 12. The first race event will be held on April 17 and 18 there. There will be two qualifying sessions on April 17 and two races on the 18th.

5.Tell us about the vehicle.

The Williams JPH1B F2 car was designed by the Williams F1 team and features ground effect aerodynamics and a sophisticated composite survival cell complying with the 2005 F1 safety regulations.

6.Other than you, there are two more Indians in the circuit. Armaan finished fifth in the tests. Did you three talk about the test later? What kind of interaction do you people have generally?

Armaan and Parthiva are very talented drivers. In fact on the second day of test (session 2) Armaan finished in the top three. Overall, Armaan finished fifth. I am happy for him. Parthiva's car had electrical problems. I am sure he will do very well at Silverstone as the mechanics have sorted out the problem. Armaan, Parthiva and I feel extremely privileged and happy that we are representing India in the most fiercely competitive Formula 2 European series 2010.

And as we will be away from our respective families till October, we feel like one big family here. We do talk about our experience, share data and most importantly have each other for moral support.

7.What are your plans for the first race at Silverstone on the 16th?

To be calm and to complete the race with respectable lap time.

8.Finally, how does it feel to be a sports person after a gap?

I am living a dream! I am very grateful to my dear friend Narain Karthikeyan for making all this possible.

http://movies.rediff.com/slide-show/2010/apr/12/slide-show-1-south-exclusive-interview-with-ajith-kumar.htm#contentTop

wrap07
12th April 2010, 05:17 PM
great. :D

BM
13th April 2010, 12:12 AM
FIA Formula Two (12th April)
SESSION 1 - CLASSIFICATION

http://www.formulatwo.com/media/1333181/s1-class.pdf

BM
13th April 2010, 12:17 AM
FIA Formula Two (12th April)
COMBINED CLASSIFICATION

http://www.formulatwo.com/media/1335156/comb%20class.pdf

BM
13th April 2010, 04:37 PM
Exclusive Onboard Car Video Of Ajith From Silverstone Testing
From Formula 2 Testing At Silverstone circuit - April 12, 2010.

Video 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK84x_9GxEw&feature=player_embedded
He is touching 160 mph (258 kph) :shock:

Video 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNFhnjgppag&feature=player_embedded
@ 1:15 :sigh2: . Thank god nothing has happened.

Yuvi
13th April 2010, 05:26 PM
And as we will be away from our respective families till October, we feel like one big family here. We do talk about our experience, share data and most importantly have each other for moral support.

I was actually wondering about this response from Ajith as I thought he will staying along with his family in one of the best hotels in London. I know how expensive they will be to stay in the hotels in London.

To my surprise, one of my office collegues called me and enquired about Ajith (my collegue is a north Indian) and was asking me if he is famous in down south. I said "hell yeah" and then came the big surprise that Ajith is actually staying in one of his friends' rooms in London.

Now I could see what he really meant by "away from families until october"

Kalyasi
18th April 2010, 07:14 AM
Ajith Kumar's Personal E-Mail To His Beloved Fans

15th April 2010

To,

My Dearest Fans & Well wishers,

Thank you all very much for the love,support,encouragement & loyalty you shower upon me. My family and I are extremely grateful to each and everyone of you.

Ever since I started working at the age of 16 have worked extremely hard.After having entered the Tamil film industry in the year 1993 have worked even harder and spent sleepless nights to give you all quality films. Sometimes I have succeeded and sometimes I have failed. In the process have seen good times & also bad times. I have also faced many a crisis both personally & professionally. Yet you all continue to love and support me. I am speechless. Honestly, I would not have survived 18 long years in the Tamil Film Industry without your love,support & encouragement.

Formula Two (F2) is a fiercely competitive championship.Most of the drivers on the F2 grid have been racing for many years now and have loads of experience under their belt.

I had attended the official tests at Snetterton Circuit (6&7th April) & also at Silverstone Circuit (12th April). At the Snetterton test I was off the pace by 3 secs and at Silverstone Circuit was off the pace by almost 6 seconds.I still have a lot to learn & catch up. It is going to be a very tough task ahead. I may or may not succeed but I am definitely doing the best I can.

Wishing you all good health,happiness and prosperity now & forever.

Love,

Ajith Kumar

BM
18th April 2010, 08:19 PM
FIA FORMULA TWO CHAMPIONSHIP:
RACE 1:

Ajith finished 18th position out of 22.

http://www.formulatwo.com/media/1371072/formula%202%20class%20prov.pdf

BM
18th April 2010, 11:44 PM
FIA FORMULA TWO CHAMPIONSHIP:
RACE 2:

Ajith finished 18th position out of 22.

http://www.formulatwo.com/media/1373866/formula%202%20class%20prov.pdf

Yuvi
19th April 2010, 02:49 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs453.ash1/24965_397592385880_669440880_4385773_2374115_n.jpg

At the circuit, one of the best shots on my Canon.. LM .. please upload the pic.. I will write something about our meeting, the race, the day, the fans and the man himself sometime later...

This pic was taken on saturday, after the round 2 of the qualification

Yuvi
19th April 2010, 03:14 PM
Saturday, 17th April 2010

6 men from West Midlands drove down 50 miles to Silverstone circuit just to see the glimpse of a man who has left his family back home in India, who is sharing a house in North London until the race gets completed, a star aged 40 who wants to compete in Formula two at a level where his other competitors' average age is around 25 and a man whom we all know as Ajith, the thala, the ultimate star, the Billaa.

This is all we (6 of us who went) knew about the man we wanted to see. We knew we were late when we started only at 3 pm from my place for a one hour drive to Silverstone. We reached there eventually at 3.50 pm when the last two laps of the race were going on and there was this huge screen that displayed the current position of the racers and it read No. 20 KUM.

We were really worried how he was going to react after finishing 20th on the qualifying. We managed to find the correct way to go meet him after the race was completed. It read "No Entry" into the pit lane, but we rightly read it as "Now Entry" and proceeded into the pit lane and into his pit which read No. 28 Ajith Kumar and our flag below his name. We knew this is the moment and were prepared for anything that could happen after this, as the man we wanted to meet finished 20th in the qualifying. I remember when my friend who is known just to 30 people and that too only among my friends, didnt even bother to talk to us after a terrible exam that he attended.

The clock struck 5 past 4 and the man himself appeared in front of us. He was some 25 metres away from us, he saw us, his face blossomed like a little flower at 6 pm, which was about to set as the sun sets. He looked tired, after a 170 kmph drive. He came to us , to repeat he came to us and what happened next was just unbelievable.

"எங்க இருந்து வரீங்க ?"
"Thanks for coming"
"I really appreciate it"
"Please (note please) wait for half hour, I have something to do, I will be back "

(it reminded me of Billa's dilalogue, and we thought, this man will surely be back to the podium finish atleast in one of the 9 rounds of formula two.

There was not even a bit of arrogance, not a bit of boldness in his speech, not a bit of "the thala" on him. Thats when the above pic happened. I didnt even realize his thumps up, as I was busy in running my "shoot many" mode on my camera.

Rocky89
19th April 2010, 03:16 PM
:ty: Yuvi.. thanks a lot! :D

Yuvi
19th April 2010, 03:46 PM
My pleasure Rocky..
---------------------------

After his return, the security had to ask to leave the pit lane as it was a restricted area (I was like, hey idhu enga area) .. So had to leave the pit lane and on the other side of the pit lane where a odd 50 people all known faces (I mean, south indian, srilankan faces) waiting.... He changed into a regular Ajith (until now, we were seeing a Racer Ajith, with his racing suit), came on with a shade, a semi winter jacket, jeans. We thought, we will meet him but due to the crowd, we were just left behind with couple of words with him and some photographs of us along with him.

Some highlights of the precious half hour that we were around him.

There were phone calls regularly after his qualifying.

There was not even a glimpse of pain or tiredness in his face, although we could figure that he was totally tired and exhausted. Even the British Sun was not kind to him on that day as it was baffling hot

As I didnt bother who was standing next to Ajith, my camera just went on to trigger some 200 shots in less than half hour. During the process, there was a mom with her push chair behind and I didnt notice, which Ajith noticed and said "please leave her some way" .

A family of three generations had come to meet Ajith. An old lady, her son and his daughter. Ajith, again came where they were and was seen speaking to them more affectionately. He said "
எங்க அம்மா India-la இருக்காங்க, நாலைக்கு எனக்கு race இருக்கு, என்ன ஆசிர்வாதம் பண்ணுங்க " and he touched her feet. This literally moved everyone of us.

There was this fan who shouted "sir, என் கூட photo எடுத்துக்க உங்களுக்கு ஆசையா இல்ல ? " Not sure how many days, he prepared to come up with a line like this to Ajith, but even Ajith broke into laughter.

I remember some of our hub fans requested Ajith to atleast smile in his next movie. This came up in my mind and as I was shooting him, I throw a line " sir, konjam siringalaen" - his lips stretched and I was like "kalakitae da kaapi" to self.

The moment came when we were ready for a group photo, the 6 of us and the man himself. As we were standing next to him, I wanted to make him smile and just went with my words without even bothering that I am talking to Ajith... "Sir, neenga watfordla thaan irukeengannu enaku theriyum, neenga OK soneenga, oru dinner-O illae oru lunch-kO naan ungala kootitu porEn, and I cant remember the last time I asked a guy for a date" .. He did give his typical smile .. not sure whether that smile meant to be YES or NO. .. paapom.

My friend said "We are waiting for your 50th movie" for which he replied "let me first complete this race"....

To re-iterate, all this happened after a superstar of Tamil movies, finished last in the qualifying, who was obviously tired, who was constantly pressing his paining shoulder for some relief, but a man who maintained his standards and his dignity.

We were not a huge fan of Ajith, the actor but I personally was a huge fan of him, for he is Ajith, the greatest gentleman off screen. But when we returned, all 6 of us became the fan of this fabulous gentleman by name Ajith Kumar.

I will upload more photos and post it here..
Cheers

BM
27th April 2010, 02:00 AM
Q&A with Ajith Kumar

Following a solid opening weekend at Silverstone, South Indian film star Ajith Kumar took time out whilst on a short break in Chennai to reflect on his opening weekend, and to look ahead to the forthcoming round at Marrakech.

Kumar not only met his target of finishing both races and gaining valuable seat time in the two UK races, but significantly also improved between each session as he continues to acclimatise to the Williams JPH1B F2 car.

Ajith, who scored two podiums in his last full season of motorsport in the British F3 National Class, admitted he was looking to continue such improvements at the Marrakech City Circuit this weekend, and remained hopeful that his participation in F2 would only help boost the profile of motor racing in his home country.

What is your assessment of yourself and your performance after the first two races?

My main agenda for the race weekend at Silverstone was to finish both the races and gain as much track time as possible in the car. I was pleased with my performance in the second qualifying session, and race one also went very well. In race two my car had a problem with the turbo - around the 17th lap the engine lost revs completely. I had no other choice but to continue and finish the race, and in the process I finished 2 laps down.

What do you forecast at Morocco? What will be your strategy there?

Morocco as you know is a street circuit. I will have to study the circuit and understand from my race engineer what the best setup for the car should be. My strategy for Morocco will be to try and bridge the gap between the frontrunners and myself.

What is the kind of encouragement you receive from people like Jonathan Palmer and Piers Hunnisett?

Mr Jonathan Palmer has been very supportive. He is closely monitoring my progress, and can offer valuable tips and advise after sessions. Most importantly he understands my passion for the sport and how important it is to take this sport to the rural areas in developing countries like India.

Mr Piers Hunnisett, who is a successful race car driver himself, handles my racing programme and career. He takes care of logistics for - travel plans, accommodation, licensing, insurance coverage for both car and driver and PR in UK. He also provides driver coaching. Having Piers for help is a god send. I thank my friend Narain Karthikeyan for getting Piers on board.

Obviously your enthusiasm for racing has increased for you to get back to active racing. What is your main motivating factor?

Motorsports in India has definitely come a very long way, with two drivers from India making it to F1 (Narain Karthikeyan and Karun Chandhok), and Mr Vijay Mallya owning India's first Formula One (Force India). Hopefully India will also host an F1 event in 2011! It's time the sport reached the masses and the rural areas, and I hope that my mere participation helps that happen.

What is the kind of support you have been getting from your family?

My family understands how much I love this sport. The very fact that they have accepted my decision to participate in a very fiercely competitive championship like Formula Two speaks volumes for their support. My family and I strongly believe that life is not about winning or losing. It's about following our hearts and living our dreams!

What is your target as you progress through the various rounds?

My target is to do the best I can in terms of my own abilities!

Courtesy : www.formulatwo.com

http://www.starajith.com/media_display.php?id=2084

BM
27th April 2010, 03:26 PM
Ajith with Narain Karthikeyan at Silverstone UK - Pic

http://www.ajithfans.com/media/stills-update/2010/04/27/ajith-with-narain-karthikeyan-at-silverstone-uk-pic/

BM
27th April 2010, 06:47 PM
Ajith in the home page of Formula two website :P

http://www.formulatwo.com/

Rocky89
27th April 2010, 09:07 PM
Ajith in the home page of Formula two website :P

http://www.formulatwo.com/

:clap:

Just realized that Ebrahim finished 8th and 9th in the first two races. Good for him :thumbsup:

vanchi
27th April 2010, 09:41 PM
:clap: :2thumbsup: :cheer:

Kambar_Kannagi
30th April 2010, 07:13 PM
[tscii:a17aca2a4e]Racing Mania - Ajith's Exclusive Interview 8-)

Published in Times Of India daily paper dated Apr 30, 2010

Ajith has been experiencing a radically different life in the past few months. For, it’s been quite a while since the actor has been busy facing the camera! Instead, he’s been on the racing track, enjoying every minute with the machines that he loves so much. This year, Ajith will not be in town to celebrate his birthday much to the disappointment of his fans. CT got talking to the actor to gauge his passion for the sport and life beyond the camera a few hours before he left for the F-2 races in Morocco.

• Back on the track after a long time… how are you getting used to the machines?

Everything is going as planned. It’s a learning phase for me now, as I’m getting used to my car and its speed and setup. When it comes to racing, the more time you put in, the more you benefit. That’s exactly what I’m doing at the moment.

• Has your passion for racing increased?

Well, it’s always been there. I believe that there’s a time for everything. And, everything happens for a reason. I hate it when people say that racing is my hobby. It isn’t. It’s much more than that.

• But some people say that you’re not good enough as a racer…

I’ve come back to racing after six years; you obviously cannot expect a podium finish so soon! The least I can do is participate and give my best while racing. I could have easily given 200 days of my life to a producer and made money, but I’ve learnt that life isn’t about winning or losing; it’s about following your heart and living your dreams. I’m hoping that my participation will promote the sport and for that, I’m looking for like-minded people to collaborate with. Now that the cricket craze has died down post the IPL, I hope people will come forward to promote motorsport too. A sponsor, I feel, needs to have an emotional connect with the team and the racer.

• What plans do you have for your birthday and what’s your message to fans?

I’ll be racing in Morocco on my birthday. I just want to tell my fans to live their lives to the fullest. Pursue what your heart tells you and don’t be worried about failure.

SHALINI AND ANUSHKA MUST BE MISSING YOU ON THE HOME FRONT…

YES, THEY ARE. MY DAUGHTER IS VERY YOUNG AND SHE’S NOT USED TO SEEING ME DISAPPEAR FROM HOME FOR SO LONG. I’M TRYING TO MAKE SURE THAT I COME HOME BETWEEN RACES, EVEN IF IT IS JUST FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS. AND, ON THOSE DAYS, I ALWAYS SPEND TIME PLAYING WITH ANOUSHKA.

WHEN IS THE GAUTHAM MENON FILM HAPPENING?

I’M IN TOUCH WITH GAUTHAM AND THE PRODUCER. IT’S GOING TO BE MUCH MORE THAN JUST MY 50TH FILM; WE’RE LOOKING AT MAKING A MOVIE THAT’LL BE A WIN-WIN FOR EVERYONE. I’M PLANNING TO SHOOT ONLY ONE FILM PER YEAR AND GIVE THE AUDIENCE A QUALITY PRODUCT. GAUTHAM AND I WILL START SHOOTING FROM OCTOBER. SO, TILL THEN, IT’S GOING TO BE MOTORSPORT.

http://www.starajith.com/media_display.php?id=2088[/tscii:a17aca2a4e]

Rocky89
30th April 2010, 09:28 PM
:redjump: :bluejump: They are showing live race of Formula Two (morocco) in Eurosport(channel 814 astro). :cool2:

Malaysia fans, dont miss to watch on Sunday night. But they're showing it as race 1, race 2 and race 3. Dunno which race Thala is participating!

raghavendran
1st May 2010, 10:36 AM
:redjump: :bluejump: They are showing live race of Formula Two (morocco) in Eurosport(channel 814 astro). :cool2:

Malaysia fans, dont miss to watch on Sunday night. But they're showing it as race 1, race 2 and race 3. Dunno which race Thala is participating! 8-)

Kalyasi
1st May 2010, 11:22 AM
Happy B'day Thala!!

Kambar_Kannagi
1st May 2010, 12:22 PM
Images Of Ajith From Marrakech, Morocco

Pics taken during F2 practice session on Apr 30, 2010

http://www.starajith.com/media_display.php?id=2089

All the Best for the upcoming rest Thala... :cool:

Kambar_Kannagi
1st May 2010, 08:59 PM
Ajith Kumar's Birthday Treat For His Fans 8-)

Ajith finished 13th at Marrakech Practice session 1 - May 1, 2010 :redjump: :clap: :bow:

Today is our beloved star's birthday & he has given us a visual treat.

In today's practice session 1 at Marrakech, Morocco, Ajith finished at 13th position out of 21 contestants on a dangerous track with best lap timing of 1:39.088. This is a remarkable improvement by our Thala, when compared to previous races, who is participating in F2 championship with very limited practice, that too after 6 years.

As fans, we are enjoying this improvement. This is Ajith's birthday treat for his hardcore fans.

Hope Thala will perform even more better in upcoming races.

http://www.starajith.com/media_display.php?id=2090

Kambar_Kannagi
1st May 2010, 09:00 PM
Oh Man... What a remarkable achievement from a man who left the racing for not 1 or 2 but 6 years... Proud to be ur fan sir... :bow:

Kambar_Kannagi
1st May 2010, 09:02 PM
[tscii:11ea9b12ac]Report from Marrakech: FIA 2010 Formula 2 Championship :D

The FIA 2010 Formula Two Championship is happening at Marrakech. This weekend, the Championship takes place on a street circuit and is the first round outside of Europe.

Formula Two's visit to Morocco this weekend (30 April - 2 May) marks the return of top level single seater racing to the country after an absence of more than 50 years, as Morocco last held a Formula One Grand Prix back in 1958 - its only ever appearance on the F1 calendar.

The official F2 website says:

The tricky street track is sure to pose a unique challenge to the F2 field - not only through its complex mix of long straights, tight chicanes and a fearsome last hairpin, but also through the 2,550 4-tonne blocks that line the perimeters of the circuit. With no room for error, drivers have to navigate the 4.5km circuit always searching for an optimum balance between outright pace and sensible restraint.

Film actor and professional race driver Ajith Kumar has just completed the first round race of the weekend in 13th position after starting from position 20 out of 21 cars on the grid.

Says Ajith from trackside at Marrakech:

“Practice session 1 & 2 went well and so did qualifying session 1 (for race 1). My lap times kept improving over the 2 practice sessions. Did have a few excursions off the track trying to find my limit and better lap times

Qualifying session for race 1 was going well for me until I crashed into the wall on exit of corner one (20 mins into the qualifying session). My Wrist Hurts! Luckily by then had managed to log laptimes within 107% off the quickest driver in qualifying, which enabled me qualify for race 1.

Marrakech circuit as you all know is a street circuit. Extremely challenging with very long high speed straights and fast chicanes with absolutely no room for error. It is not very often that a racing car driver gets to race on a street circuit. With F2 coming to Marrakech I consider myself very privileged to have got this opportunity.

The infrastructure and enthusiasm among the people here in Marrakech is just awesome. It is to be seen to be believed.

I am very confident that in the coming future Chennai will have its own street circuit like Marrakech, which will boost tourism in our state and country as well.”

Ajith Kumar’s Message for his fans and well wishers:

“I may or may not succeed in bringing great results on the race track but I wish to assure each and everyone of you that I am giving it my best. F2 is serious business. Being 5 seconds off the pace may seem a huge gap for motorsports enthusiasts. But considering where I am coming from I am personally happy and pleased with my performance so far. And most importantly irrespective of what happens I am enjoying each and every moment on the race track.”

Courtesy : Motor Sports India

http://www.starajith.com/media_display.php?id=2090[/tscii:11ea9b12ac]

Appu s
1st May 2010, 09:51 PM
from last position to 13 :clap: :clap: its not going to be long to see him in the podium :D

Kambar_Kannagi
1st May 2010, 09:53 PM
from last position to 13 :clap: :clap: its not going to be long to see him in the podium :D

Praying for the same bro... Ajith - the man with the Great willpower... :bow: :bow: :bow:

Rocky89
1st May 2010, 10:11 PM
Thala :D

All the very best for tomorrow's race!

leosimha
2nd May 2010, 12:52 AM
wow...thala going great guns at the tracks...

:)

all the very best of luck to thala.... :)

Kambar_Kannagi
2nd May 2010, 09:11 AM
Ah... Big day today... Keep up the momentum Thala... All the very Best :cool:

Dinesh84
2nd May 2010, 10:38 AM
Thala ! :clap: all the best !

Kambar_Kannagi
2nd May 2010, 07:19 PM
Heard Thala finished 13th in today's race. :)

Appu s
2nd May 2010, 10:12 PM
He couldn't finish it, 2 laps behind,good improvement :clap: :clap:

Appu s
2nd May 2010, 10:26 PM
After 4 rounds of race,Ajith yet to make points,we have still 14 rounds to go,hope he would finish with good points :D, waiting for today's footage.

Ebrahim finished at 7 th position with 22 points :clap: :clap:

Rocky89
2nd May 2010, 10:35 PM
I though the race would start at 7 and switched on the TV at 6.30. Could only watch last 2 laps :(

there was an accident so the emergency car leads other racers. after the race finish, saw the final result and it shows that Kumar at 13th place (last place, maybe other 8 racers retired). I think Thala finished the race :neutral:

vanchi
2nd May 2010, 10:49 PM
He couldn't finish it, 2 laps behind,good improvement :clap: :clap:

superb. 8-)

Rocky89
3rd May 2010, 12:14 AM
What's the difference between race 1 and 2? :confused2:

BM
3rd May 2010, 09:22 PM
Ajith's assurance:

Ajith Kumar has just completed the first round race of the weekend in 13th position after starting from position 20 out of 21 cars on the grid at the FIA 2010 Formula Two Championship happening at Marrakech, the first round outside of Europe.

Says Ajith from trackside at Marrakech, Morocco: "Practice session 1 & 2 went well and so did qualifying session 1 (for race 1). My lap times kept improving over the 2 practice sessions. Did have a few excursions off the track trying to find my limit and better lap times."

"Qualifying session for race 1 was going well for me until I crashed into the wall on exit of corner one (20 mins into the qualifying session). My Wrist Hurts :sigh2: ! Luckily by then had managed to log laptimes within 107 per cent off the quickest driver in qualifying, which enabled me qualify for race 1. :clap: "

"Marrakech circuit as you all know is a street circuit. Extremely challenging with very long high speed straights and fast chicanes with absolutely no room for error. It is not very often that a racing car driver gets to race on a street circuit. With F2 coming to Marrakech I consider myself very privileged to have got this opportunity.'

"The infrastructure and enthusiasm among the people here in Marrakech is just awesome. It is to be seen to be believed. I am very confident that in the coming future Chennai will have its own street circuit like Marrakech, which will boost tourism in our State and country as well."

In his message for his fans and well wishers, the actor-racer said, "I may or may not succeed in bringing great results on the race track but I wish to assure each and everyone of you that I am giving it my best. F2 is serious business. Being 5 seconds off the pace may seem a huge gap for motorsports enthusiasts. But considering where I am coming from I am personally happy and pleased with my performance so far. And most importantly irrespective of what happens I am enjoying each and every moment on the race track :D ."

Meanwhile, the official F2 website says: The tricky street track is sure to pose a unique challenge to the F2 field - not only through its complex mix of long straights, tight chicanes and a fearsome last hairpin, but also through the 2,550 4-tonne blocks that line the perimeters of the circuit. With no room for error, drivers have to navigate the 4.5 km circuit always searching for an optimum balance between outright pace and sensible restraint.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/56675.html

Rocky89
5th May 2010, 10:55 AM
Armaan's twitter

http://twitter.com/armaan_f2

raghavendran
5th May 2010, 04:24 PM
Ajith's assurance:

Ajith Kumar has just completed the first round race of the weekend in 13th position after starting from position 20 out of 21 cars on the grid at the FIA 2010 Formula Two Championship happening at Marrakech, the first round outside of Europe.

Says Ajith from trackside at Marrakech, Morocco: "Practice session 1 & 2 went well and so did qualifying session 1 (for race 1). My lap times kept improving over the 2 practice sessions. Did have a few excursions off the track trying to find my limit and better lap times."

"Qualifying session for race 1 was going well for me until I crashed into the wall on exit of corner one (20 mins into the qualifying session). My Wrist Hurts :sigh2: ! Luckily by then had managed to log laptimes within 107 per cent off the quickest driver in qualifying, which enabled me qualify for race 1. :clap: "

"Marrakech circuit as you all know is a street circuit. Extremely challenging with very long high speed straights and fast chicanes with absolutely no room for error. It is not very often that a racing car driver gets to race on a street circuit. With F2 coming to Marrakech I consider myself very privileged to have got this opportunity.'

"The infrastructure and enthusiasm among the people here in Marrakech is just awesome. It is to be seen to be believed. I am very confident that in the coming future Chennai will have its own street circuit like Marrakech, which will boost tourism in our State and country as well."

In his message for his fans and well wishers, the actor-racer said, "I may or may not succeed in bringing great results on the race track but I wish to assure each and everyone of you that I am giving it my best. F2 is serious business. Being 5 seconds off the pace may seem a huge gap for motorsports enthusiasts. But considering where I am coming from I am personally happy and pleased with my performance so far. And most importantly irrespective of what happens I am enjoying each and every moment on the race track :D ."

Meanwhile, the official F2 website says: The tricky street track is sure to pose a unique challenge to the F2 field - not only through its complex mix of long straights, tight chicanes and a fearsome last hairpin, but also through the 2,550 4-tonne blocks that line the perimeters of the circuit. With no room for error, drivers have to navigate the 4.5 km circuit always searching for an optimum balance between outright pace and sensible restraint.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/56675.html 8-)

Kambar_Kannagi
21st May 2010, 08:01 PM
Exclusive Images Of Ajith Kumar From Monza, Italy :)

Published in Formula Two's official website on May 21, 2010

http://starajith.com/media_display.php?id=2105

Looks like Thala is having a great time. :)

Kambar_Kannagi
22nd May 2010, 09:58 AM

Updated. :)

Dinesh84
22nd May 2010, 10:20 AM

Updated. :) :cool2:

BM
22nd May 2010, 07:45 PM
FORMULA TWO - MONZA (22-05-2010)
Round 1 (Race 5) - Results

http://www.formulatwo.com/media/1463268/formula%202_r1.pdf

Thala finished 14th place out of 21 :P . Super Thala :clap:.

Kambar_Kannagi
22nd May 2010, 08:41 PM
FORMULA TWO - MONZA (22-05-2010)
Round 1 (Race 5) - Results

http://www.formulatwo.com/media/1463268/formula%202_r1.pdf

Thala finished 14th place out of 21 :P . Super Thala :clap:.

Surprised to see Ajith is ahead one place from Parthiva Sureshwaren. I hoped Arman would finish in top five but he's under "Not Classified" section. Is it a good thing? Doesn't sound good to me. :roll: :?

BM
22nd May 2010, 09:03 PM
Exclusive HQ Images Of Ajith From Monza, Italy (May 22, 2010)
Pics taken during F2 championship - Rounds 5 at Monza

http://www.starajith.com/media_display.php?id=2107

BM
23rd May 2010, 07:49 PM
FORMULA TWO - MONZA (23-05-2010)
Round 6 (Race 2) - Results

http://www.formulatwo.com/media/1465790/formula%202_r2.pdf

Thala finished 15th position :clap:

//K_K, Armaan finished 5th position :) //

Kambar_Kannagi
23rd May 2010, 07:53 PM
FORMULA TWO - MONZA (23-05-2010)
Round 6 (Race 2) - Results

http://www.formulatwo.com/media/1465790/formula%202_r2.pdf

Thala finished 15th position :clap:

//K_K, Armaan finished 5th position :) //

Yeah, happy for him... Our hero is quite steady :)

leosimha
26th May 2010, 02:07 PM
Ajith in Chennai
IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, May 26, 2010]

After successful participation in the first three rounds of Formula 2 races at Silverstone, Marrakech and Monza, Ajith Kumar is on a short break in Chennai. The next race is at Zolder in Belgium on June 19 and 20.

The Official Formula 2 website, which carries updated profiles on all the drivers after each round, has this to say about the actor-racer:

Ajith Kumar - R1: 14th, R2: 15th

Ajith Kumar's consistency during a race weekend cannot be denied as he has now completed every round of the season - making up positions in each and every contest so far in 2010.

This weekend was no different as Ajith made his way from 20th to 14th in race one and from 21st to 15th in race two. The actor-racer has quickly become one of the most popular figures in the F2 paddock, as he races with a great amount of passion and always with a smile on his face.

Ajith said: "I feel proud and privileged to race amongst some of the best drivers in the championship, especially our own country's Armaan Ebrahim and Parthiva Sureshwaran. I am thrilled to be racing on this excellent circuit in Monza, Italy and am happy that I have completed the race in 14th Position."

Link - http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/57281.html

Kambar_Kannagi
1st June 2010, 07:27 AM
Motor Vikatan's Special Report On Formula 2

Published in Motor Vikatan monthly magazine - May Issue

http://starajith.com/media_display.php?id=2115

ajaybaskar
1st June 2010, 07:30 AM
Heard that the Formula 2 official website had praised Ajith for his consistent show. Is it true, guys? Any links?

Kambar_Kannagi
1st June 2010, 07:35 AM
Ajith Kumar's Exclusive Interview To Motor Vikatan

Published in Motor Vikatan monthly magazine - June Issue

http://starajith.com/media_display.php?id=2116

Kambar_Kannagi
1st June 2010, 07:42 AM
Heard that the Formula 2 official website had praised Ajith for his consistent show. Is it true, guys? Any links?

http://i46.tinypic.com/357lzyv.jpg

P.S IIRC, there were few more articles on this. I managed to get this one now. If I come across others, I will post it here. :)

ajaybaskar
1st June 2010, 07:44 AM
Thanx a ton, KK..