PDA

View Full Version : || Rockstar| Imtiaz Ali | A R Rahman ||

Pages : 1 2 [3]

MADDY
27th November 2011, 07:51 PM
http://sudhishkamath.com/2011/11/18/rockstar-in-search-of-the-free-bird/

glowing article written by Sudhish on Rockstar movie......never knew Sudhish could write so well :-)

Rockstar is about being in that place – where you are not supposed to be, doing what you are not supposed to be. The forbidden.

Rock music is not just about drugs or sex. It’s always been about the freedom to express. The rage against the machine. The system.

He hates the taste of alcohol. He finds his moment of truth at the dargah of Hazrat Nizammuddin. Heer is not his muse. God is. He finds God in him during his journey (if you listen to the lyrics of Kun Faya carefully) and heads back home to channel that God through his music. He completely surrenders to it and where it takes him.

At an audition earlier, we see Jordan unable to get in tune with someone else’s composition. “He is a different jaanwar (beast). He won’t stay in your cage,” as Shammi Kapoor (RIP, God bless Hindi cinema’s original rockstar) tells the head of the label despite the boy admitting to the shehnaii maestro that he really didn’t understand classical music. Here was a boy who didn’t like anything rigid or structured. He was naturally drawn towards the improvisational, free-flowing riffs of the guitar.

Rockstar is the journey of every artist who has refused to conform to a system, to a structure, to a society, to a set-path or process not because he thought it was cool but because that’s who he is. It’s a journey of a never-ending search of that elusive peace, truth, happiness and freedom. Art is all about the depth of that journey of self-discovery and Rockstar does full justice to that.

i dont know but these are all attributes of Rahman as well.......and esp the kun faya kun scene which suggests the divine falling upon Jordan was so similar to thalaivar's real life story........AR.Rahman is a true rockstar himself, whose only addiction and driving force was spirituality

MADDY
27th November 2011, 08:08 PM
more than the content of the film, the presentation had me in squares......the film just flowed like real life incidents and director leaving things in ambiguity enhanced the art.......with rockstar, i realised that a movie narration neednt be about proving a point, it can just be scattered montages spread over the 3 hrs on a screen........Rockstar is honest to the core that it doesent mince anything to abstain from its honesty........juxtaposing music/lyrics to the narration with images and minimal yet effective dialogues, was such a treat to the viewers.......

im sure anyone who has sat down to write a story will realize what a great, coming off age work of art, rockstar is :D

SoftSword
5th December 2011, 06:50 AM
Rockstar... gave me a high...
followed by that 44min concert... fir se ud chalaa....

beautiful movie... love it... calender entry added for a second watch tomoro...

mahen...
ungalukku pudikkalainradhukku kaaranam solringa ok.... pudikkudhunravangakitta yaaraachum kaaranam keppaangalaa?? :evil:

directhit
5th December 2011, 07:18 AM
mahen...
ungalukku pudikkalainradhukku kaaranam solringa ok.... pudikkudhunravangakitta yaaraachum kaaranam keppaangalaa?? :evil: Yuvaar Suvalakshmi fan nu niroobichiteenga :bow: :bow:

SoftSword
5th December 2011, 08:13 AM
Not surprised Kashap is going gaga over RS..He made a Devdas :) These guys perception of love...1) go crazy over a gal 2)have sex with her 3) pursue her even if shes married..In their books, ithu thaan deiviga kathal..Mani sar,give them tuition pilissss :)

jus reading it all...
oh neenga nemba urugi love panna pigure'ku kalyaanam aana aduttha second avangala thangachiyaa yaetthukkuveengalo????
illa decentana frienda/well wisher'nu solli, nee nallaa irundhaa podhumnu veettukku vandhuttu mach3 shave panni next day office'ku ready aavingalo....

and why calling mani sir...
mouna raagam padatthula, mohan and revathi taj mahala sutthi varrappo, in case, if in case, karthik uyiroda revathi munnaadi vandhu nikkiraarnu vainga... appo as per mani, karthik enna panniruppar, revathi enna panniruppaanga, mani storya epdi nadatthiruppaar... by then u would say, TR sir, give them tuition plis....

ajaybaskar
5th December 2011, 11:35 AM
Adhaan Imtiaz theliva solraare, the love/movie is beyond any rights and wrongsnu. Padam aarambikkuradhum adhulathaan, mudiyuradhum adhulathaan.

Mahen
5th December 2011, 07:14 PM
jus reading it all...
oh neenga nemba urugi love panna pigure'ku kalyaanam aana aduttha second avangala thangachiyaa yaetthukkuveengalo????
illa decentana frienda/well wisher'nu solli, nee nallaa irundhaa podhumnu veettukku vandhuttu mach3 shave panni next day office'ku ready aavingalo....

and why calling mani sir...
mouna raagam padatthula, mohan and revathi taj mahala sutthi varrappo, in case, if in case, karthik uyiroda revathi munnaadi vandhu nikkiraarnu vainga... appo as per mani, karthik enna panniruppar, revathi enna panniruppaanga, mani storya epdi nadatthiruppaar... by then u would say, TR sir, give them tuition plis....
Athan nadakaliye :evil: Mani has never supported forbidden love..I hate if anyone glorifies forbidden love...As Nerd said, Imtiaz attempted a Dil Se, but failed :lol2: BTw, padam flop, i yam happy for Imtiaz :cheer:

ajaybaskar
5th December 2011, 07:32 PM
Made at a budget of 60 C, the film has earned a domestic nett of 66 C. Still call it a flop?

SoftSword
5th December 2011, 08:10 PM
appo raavanla varradhu forgiven love'o ?

Mahen
5th December 2011, 08:12 PM
Ajay, abv average is still considered a flop in Bollywood..google panni parunga :) And the movie was a disaster in the international markets..could not even beat Anjana Anjani

Mahen
5th December 2011, 08:15 PM
appo raavanla varradhu forgiven love'o ?

did u watch the wrong movie? there was no love btw aish and vikram..Vikram asai pattaru, thats it..but he did not pursue her etc..Gentleman mathri Privithirai kapathenaru :lol2:

SoftSword
6th December 2011, 02:30 AM
oh appo neelakalar'la irundhaa dhaan neelappadamnu solringa...

right udunga... vera threadla neenga sonna maadhiri... one mans shoe is another mans socks...
agri to degree!!

MADDY
10th December 2011, 11:27 PM
whats this moral quotient in movies - forbidden love etc - mudhal mariyadhai ellam 25 varusham munnadiye vandhiruchhu........infact, if u watch a old shivaji sir, sridhar written movie - Ethirparadhadhu (1954), sridhar would have broken ground on this subject 57 yrs ago.......this is the land of kamasutra and highest population in the world, goddammit :lol:

Mahen, i dont understand this idea of celebrating a flop and that too AR movie's flop :huh: ......but anyways, movie is not a flop.......mahen, come out of google and malaysia - pls visit India to see its impact........this is it, this is the film, this is the moment and Imtiaz/ranbir are men of the moment.....

anywyas, watching some of BharathiRaja's song picturisations as a kid, i used to wonder their relevance to the song, subject or the movie itself......but now, i realise, everything in a movie need not be abt something relevant......infact its these deassociated images and jump shots that pieces itself together to form a beautiful work of art.......Imtiaz is only the third after BR and Kashyap to make me feel this so deeply :bow:

Mahen
11th December 2011, 04:44 AM
whats this moral quotient in movies - forbidden love etc - mudhal mariyadhai ellam 25 varusham munnadiye vandhiruchhu........infact, if u watch a old shivaji sir, sridhar written movie - Ethirparadhadhu (1954), sridhar would have broken ground on this subject 57 yrs ago.......this is the land of kamasutra and highest population in the world, goddammit :lol:

Mahen, i dont understand this idea of celebrating a flop and that too AR movie's flop :huh: ......but anyways, movie is not a flop.......mahen, come out of google and malaysia - pls visit India to see its impact........this is it, this is the film, this is the moment and Imtiaz/ranbir are men of the moment.....

anywyas, watching some of BharathiRaja's song picturisations as a kid, i used to wonder their relevance to the song, subject or the movie itself......but now, i realise, everything in a movie need not be abt something relevant......infact its these deassociated images and jump shots that pieces itself together to form a beautiful work of art.......Imtiaz is only the third after BR and Kashyap to make me feel this so deeply :bow:

:lol: actually the main problem was padathoda basement romba weakku..thats the reason i didnt like the movie..i would have tolerated the forbidden love if the story was more convincing...Btw maddy, forbidden love argument ellam en personal opinion..Real life-le pathuriken,many innocent ppl have suffered, so i just hate directors glorifying it in the name of art.. Some are ok with it but not me..And the movies that you have mentioned, i have not watched it..And i dont remember supporting any tamil movie that glorifies forbidden love..

Celebration ellam illai maddy..more like anger towards Imtiaz :) the sakarakatti effect..And the movie did average business as per Indiafm and other web siites

littlemaster1982
11th December 2011, 10:33 AM
Sakkarakatti effect-a :shock: Sakkarakkatti is a worst film where the director had no idea about films/film making. OTOH, Imtiaz didn't succeed in reaching the audience as he would have thought. Big difference.

Mahen
11th December 2011, 12:07 PM
Sakkarakatti effect-a :shock: Sakkarakkatti is a worst film where the director had no idea about films/film making. OTOH, Imtiaz didn't succeed in reaching the audience as he would have thought. Big difference.
:lol: SK effect as in ARR gave fab songs but wasted by the director..Of cos Sakrakati was mokkai x2

sathya_1979
18th December 2011, 06:53 AM
Any links for BGM downloads? specifically the Shehnai - Guitar portion (Jameel Khan and Jordan at the studios)

ajaybaskar
18th December 2011, 10:48 PM
That's in the Audio cd itself. Dichotomy of fame.

sathya_1979
18th December 2011, 10:58 PM
:oops: :yessir:

Sunil_M88
15th January 2012, 04:56 PM
Star Screen Awards 2012

Rahman Ji wins best MD award and Mohit wins best singer award Phir Se Ud Chala and Sadda Haq.

Sunil_M88
22nd January 2012, 05:23 PM
Zee Cine Awards 2012

Best Actor (Popular) – Ranbir Kapoor (Rockstar)
Best Director – Imtiaz Ali (Rockstar)
Best Lyrics – Irshad Kamil (Rockstar)
Best Singer (Male) – Mohit Chauhan (Jo bhi main from Rockstar)

drum roll

Best Music – AR Rahman

ajaybaskar
30th January 2012, 08:04 AM
ARR wins his 28th Filmfare for Rockstar. The film also swept most other awards in the music category.

MADDY
12th February 2012, 03:17 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockstar_%282011_film%29

Budget INR60 crore (US$13.2 million)
Box office INR107 crore (US$23.54 million)

:bow:

im still in rockstar effect, unable to come out of it........ive watched ,many movies after that but they all seem very outdated - rockstar is way way ahead in terms of storytelling :bow:

A.ANAND
19th February 2012, 07:47 PM
Rockstar was an experiment: AR Rahman

AR Rahman, who has won almost all the popular awards for " Rockstar" says that it was an experiment that clicked.

"When I started working on "Rockstar", we wanted to do something different with it. It was my experiment in a way, and I was not sure if it could work, or if people would accept that kind of music, but people have been very kind and every track has got good response," says Rahman.

The musical maestro is now gearing up to compose for Yash Chopra's comeback film - his first for the Yash Raj banner. "It's a great honour to work with Yash ji. He has great sense of music and I think, working with him will complete my whole circle of Hindi movies," he says.

With so many hit albums to his credit, does the maestro ever have an imperfect day? "Yeah, in fact many imperfect days," he laughs. "Every day is a fight, because not every time things fall in place, we need to work hard - sometimes things fall perfectly, sometimes they don't, but we have to be uncompromising, if we compromise then we are not being truthful to the art or to the people," he adds. And, how does he deal with a bad day? "By taking a break," he shares, adding, "That's the reason I do less films, so that I can leave for a week or maybe a month even and then come back to work.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-02-17/news-and-interviews/31070693_1_rockstar-ar-rahman-yash-chopra

Dragun
2nd March 2012, 12:38 PM
I wish ARR would work with some fresher directors instead of Yash Chopra, who is long past his prime. I would love to see him work with someone like Anurag Kashyap or Dibakar Bannerjee. People with truly off-the-beaten-path sensibilities. I think working with YC is just a "bucket list" item, but I hope ARR proves me wrong and gives us an outstanding soundtrack.

SoftSword
2nd March 2012, 04:27 PM
ARR, just chooses from the people who approach him...
that means that the people u wished for hav not approached him.

sathya_1979
2nd March 2012, 07:52 PM
Got my DVD :redjump:

SVN
4th March 2012, 12:43 AM
The problem is, ARR rarely works with offbeat filmmakers. He's more keen on the big banners and low-budget films can't afford him. Would love to see him scoring for someone like Anurag Kashyap though.

SoftSword
4th March 2012, 01:12 AM
thats cos he does very less no of films in tamil now... hollywood attempts ellaam flop aana vandhuruvaar :)

ajaybaskar
13th March 2012, 06:51 PM
Sudhish Kamath ‏ @SudhishKamath

Rahman or Rockstar didn't win National awards because... they didn't submit the film! #truestory

Had asked jury member. He said many deserving films incl Rockstar didn't submit the film unfortunately. National awards rules to change soon

Roshan
13th March 2012, 07:07 PM

Rahman or Rockstar didn't win National awards because... they didn't submit the film! #truestory

Had asked jury member. He said many deserving films incl Rockstar didn't submit the film unfortunately. National awards rules to change soon

Are the NA rules the reason for non submission? Konjam virivaa sollunga.

SoftSword
13th March 2012, 07:12 PM

OgO... yenaam?

A.ANAND
14th March 2012, 02:46 PM
He deserve NA 4 rockstar.thalavar evalo vaangitaru.itha vittu kodukamatara??

SoftSword
14th March 2012, 04:12 PM
He deserve NA 4 rockstar.thalavar evalo vaangitaru.itha vittu kodukamatara??

ennanga solla vareenga...
moonu statement'kum enna sammandham... neraya vangittadhaala vittu kudukkanumnu solringala?
vittu kudutthuttarnu solringala?
onnum puriyala.

A.ANAND
14th March 2012, 04:32 PM
appadi solla varala...oscar varakkum poyachu!innum intha NA|FILMFARE award ellam thevailla innu nenekiren!puthiya vargallukku konjam vittu kodukalam innu solla vanthen!

SoftSword
14th March 2012, 04:41 PM
apdi epdi solla mudiyum... oscar avungalukku potta music'ku avanga kuduttha recognition...
idhu namakkaaga pOtta music... namma award...
yaarukku worth irukkO kudukkattum... aana NA vaangura madhiri endha youngster ippo music podranganu theriyala...

A.ANAND
15th March 2012, 03:13 AM
apdi epdi solla mudiyum... oscar avungalukku potta music'ku avanga kuduttha recognition...
idhu namakkaaga pOtta music... namma award...
yaarukku worth irukkO kudukkattum... aana NA vaangura madhiri endha youngster ippo music podranganu theriyala...

ss sir,

konjam paatu sollunga,nammala 'ethirkachikaaranagave'pakkara nenapila namma pakkathu vittu [thread]MD-yin bakhtar orutharu ingga silent'ta enna nadakuthu innu nari mathri
moppam pudichittu,film section-la vettara alavukku poyida poraru!ha...ha...[puriyutha sir naan yaara sollarennu]
athuvun young md's pathi solli irukeenga!

SoftSword
15th March 2012, 03:47 AM
anand... unga velayattukku naan varala...

A.ANAND
15th March 2012, 05:59 PM
anand... unga velayattukku naan varala...

ha...ha...naan velayattukku kuppadave illaye!

SoftSword
15th March 2012, 06:05 PM
i mean, you poking others with a feeling like 'oru galaatta irundhaa dhanae swarasyama irukkum'...
ur doing it again and again... idhu theriyaama naan vera ungalukku jameen pottaen konja naalaikku munnaala...

so enna uttudunga :)

A.ANAND
15th March 2012, 07:57 PM
neenga ungga velai-yai thodarunggal bro!ennaku jameen ellam thevai illai.naan eppavum unmaiya than solluven!

SoftSword
15th March 2012, 07:59 PM
theriyama kuduthuten. manchurunga.

sathya_1979
16th March 2012, 06:38 AM
appadi solla varala...oscar varakkum poyachu!innum intha NA|FILMFARE award ellam thevailla innu nenekiren!puthiya vargallukku konjam vittu kodukalam innu solla vanthen!
Company la promotion neraya vaangiyaachu, inimE pOdhumnu naama solluvOmaa? illa appreciate paNNi oru certificate kuduthaa neraya promotion vaangiyaachu adhanaala vENaamnu solluvOmaa? Any recognition of talent should not be refused - IMO

A.ANAND
17th March 2012, 02:50 AM
naana iruntha pothum mattavangalukkum kodungga'painnu vittu kodutu iruppen!

A.ANAND
17th March 2012, 04:58 PM
'Rockstar' wins top honours at FICCI Frames

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Rockstar-wins-top-honours-at-FICCI-Frames/articleshow/12303672.cms

thalaivar wins best MD award

A.ANAND
22nd March 2012, 01:32 PM
Radio Mirchi honours music talent at the Royal Stag Mirchi Music Awards

rockstar sweeps totally 5 awards

Music was definitely in the air at the Royal Stag Mirchi Music Awards, which was held in Mumbai on March 21. The evening saw the convergence of music artists and Bollywood stars come together to celebrate the versatile and talented gems from the Indian music industry. The 4th Mirchi Music awards honored music talent across 24 categories as Radio Mirchi paid its tribute to music with much extravaganza and fanfare.

Mirchi Music Awards – Winners List

1. Best Programmer & Arranger – Abhijeet Nalani & Giorgio Tuinfort for Chammak Challo from RA One

2. Best Song Representing Sufi Tradition – Kun Faya Kun from Rockstar – A.R. Rahman, Javed Ali, Mohit Chauhan and Irshad Kamil

3. Best Raag Inspired Song – Khoya Kya from Kashmakash – Hariharan, Sanjoy Das, Raja Narayan Deb

4. Special Recognition to Pandit Channulal Misra

5. Best Upcoming Singer of the year Male – Kamal Khan for Ishq Sufiyana from The Dirty Picture

6. Best Upcoming Singer of the year Female – Tia Bajpai for Sheet Leher from Lanka

7. Best Upcoming Music Director of the year – Harshit Saxena for Hale Dil from Murder 2

8. Best Upcoming Lyricist of the Year – Seema Saini for Sheet Leher from Lanka

9. Best Song Recording – Vijay Dayal and Mark ‘Exit’ Goodchild for Chammak Challo from Ra One

10. Best Background Score – Ram Sampath for Delhi Belly

11. Best Item Number Song – Ooh La La from The Dirty Picture – Bappi Lahiri, Shreya Ghoshal, Rajat Arora and Vishal-Shekhar

12. Best Album of the Golden Era – Awaara (Shankar Jaikishen and Raj Kapoor)

13. Royal Stag Make it Large Award – Dhanush and Anirudh – Special Award

14. Jury Award for Outstanding Contribution to Hind Film Music – Babla Shah

15. Best Indipop song – Mera Kya Hain Sab Hain Tera - Dil Ki Baatein - Javed Ali, Alaap Dudul Saikia & Ravi Basnet

16. Best Song of the Year Mirchi Listeners Choice – Nadaan Parinde from Rockstar – A.R. Rahman, Mohit Chauhan and Irshad Kamil

17. Best Album of the Year – Mirchi Listeners Choice – Rockstar

18. Best Lyricist – Javed Akhtar for Khaabon Ke Parinde from Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara

19. Best Music Director – A.R. Rahman for Nadaan Parindey from Rockstar

20. Best Female vocalist – Sunidhi Chauhan for Ishq Sufiyana from The Dirty Picture

21. Best Male Vocalist - Kamal Khan for Ishq Sufiyana from The Dirty Picture

22. Best Song of the year – Senorita by Shankar Ehsaan Loy

23. Best Album of the Year - Rockstar

24. Lifetime Achievement Award – Khayyam

http://www.afaqs.com/news/company_briefs/?id=53482_Radio+Mirchi+honours+music+talent+at+the +Royal+Stag+Mirchi+Music+Awards

SoftSword
22nd March 2012, 07:46 PM
arumai :clap:

Sunil_M88
9th June 2012, 09:27 PM
Congrats to Rahman Ji for winning IIFA Award :clap:

ajaybaskar
13th September 2012, 04:06 AM
Ranbir, Imtiaz Ali rope in Rahman!

Last year, they created magic with the music of Rockstar. And now, Ranbir Kapoor is set to team up with singer-composer AR Rahman and director Imtiaz Ali for producer Sajid Nadiadwala’s untitled next. However, this time, instead of Nadiadwala, it was the director-actor duo that proactively chased Rahman to get his nod.

“Ranbir and Imtiaz were keen to have Rahman compose the music for the film. So they took the responsibility of getting his confirmation before informing Nadiadwala. And after the success of Rockstar’s music, Sajid was more than happy with the three of them teaming up again,” says an insider.

Apparently, unlike Rockstar’s dramatic music, the new venture will require a more fun-filled soundtrack since the film is a comedy. “Although Rahman is busy with his international projects and south Indian films, he will start work on this movie next year, after he wraps up a majority of the songs for Raanjhnaa,” adds the insider.

As of now, neither the actor nor the filmmakers are ready to divulge any details about the film or the association. “Imtiaz is wrapping up the final draft of the script. Until he finishes that, no one will talk about anything. But the film is going to be a feel-good, light-hearted, humourous movie with lots of romance,” says the insider.

When contacted, without revealing much, Ranbir says, “It is true that Imtiaz and I are working together again after Rockstar. And honestly, I feel valued, loved and most importantly, privileged, when someone who has worked with you before is willing to place his trust in you again. Imtiaz is a great director with a very youthful vision.” The Nadiadwala production is expected to go on the floors early next year.

satissh_r
28th November 2012, 11:12 PM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwENxBjtpI8

Naadaan Parindey cover by Atif Aslam, good at places and falls flat in other parts. Wish thalaivar gives him a chance sometime..