PDA

View Full Version : || Rockstar| Imtiaz Ali | A R Rahman ||

Pages : 1 [2] 3

sathya_1979
1st October 2011, 09:34 PM
Satissh, thanks for the links. neevir vaazhga, um kulam vaazhga, um koRRam vaazhga!

satissh_r
1st October 2011, 09:44 PM
Satissh, thanks for the links. neevir vaazhga, um kulam vaazhga, um koRRam vaazhga!

Kuda oru Rahman vazhga, Man Utd vaazhga vum serthu sollidunga :) So, ella pattum kettutingala? Naan innum kekkala, kekkavum mudiyala...

A.ANAND
1st October 2011, 09:51 PM
Maddy, engappaa pOna?

Rockstar thalaivar mathiri athiradiya varen-innu sms pannaru enakku!!

A.ANAND
1st October 2011, 09:52 PM
Kuda oru Rahman vazhga, Man Utd vaazhga vum serthu sollidunga :) So, ella pattum kettutingala? Naan innum kekkala, kekkavum mudiyala...

y sir?

satissh_r
1st October 2011, 09:55 PM
y sir?

Sadda Haq, Jo bhi Main thandi poga mudiyala sir... Loop :)

sathya_1979
1st October 2011, 09:58 PM
Naadaan and Sadda haq for me, till 3 AM today - alone and lights out in my room with Sony Headphones! Pure Bliss :yes:

A.ANAND
1st October 2011, 10:01 PM
ha..ha..innum Naadaan Parindey ketinggala?itha thandi vera poga mudiyathu!!thalaivar back with bang!

satissh_r
1st October 2011, 10:02 PM
Naadaan and Sadda haq for me, till 3 AM today - alone and lights out in my room with Sony Headphones! Pure Bliss :yes:

Sooper, Sony model enna Sathya? :) Ippa than Kun Faya Kun ketten, loop again.. he he

sathya_1979
1st October 2011, 10:04 PM
Some old model, bought in 2008. Planning to get Bose Headphones in a couple of weeks!

littlemaster1982
1st October 2011, 10:04 PM
WOW!!! listening to sadda haq and its truly mindblowing. the interludes are out of the world especially the the first one. oh man. cant wait to listen to the rest. I have a feeling its gonna get better and better from here. Anyone got hold of the CD yet? I cant find the links anywhere and I don't want to wait forever to get the CD here in canada.

Hey Thineshan,

Where have you been all these days? CD is not released yet. Expecting them to hit stores in 2-3 days.

satissh_r
1st October 2011, 10:05 PM
ha..ha..innum Naadaan Parindey ketinggala?itha thandi vera poga mudiyathu!!thalaivar back with bang!

Master potta msg pathavudane kekkanumnu than parthen.... next athu than... Thalaivar always bang bang thanga :)

A.ANAND
namma dinesh thambi engga ponaru??

littlemaster1982
Some old model, bought in 2008. Planning to get Bose Headphones in a couple of weeks!

Do yourself a favor and don't buy BOSE. We'll discuss about this in FB :)

satissh_r
1st October 2011, 10:07 PM

:cool2: naanum nalla quality headphones vanganumnu parthutirukken... If you are open to other brands I'll suggest a couple

A.ANAND
1st October 2011, 10:09 PM
Hey Thineshan,

Where have you been all these days? CD is not released yet. Expecting them to hit stores in 2-3 days.

aama engga sir poneengga thinesan?happy 2 sww u again.

A.ANAND
1st October 2011, 10:14 PM
Twitter crossed Half Million followers !! http://twitter.com/#!/arrahman

Yesterday it was 10k short ...Release of Rockstar just rocketed it to 6Millions !!
http://www.facebook.com/arrahman

source:arryg

shylu65
1st October 2011, 10:30 PM
Oh, my! This magnum opus is truly a masterpiece! One of the all time best OSTs that I have ever head. Definitely, I can't pick one best track out of it, but at the moment I am intoxicated by 'Aur Ho' ;) I don't know when will it be available in Sri Lanka; so please let me know if anyone grabbed the copy. Thank you.

Happy Listening to Rockstar :)

sathya_1979
1st October 2011, 10:34 PM
:cool2: naanum nalla quality headphones vanganumnu parthutirukken... If you are open to other brands I'll suggest a couple
All inputs and suggestions are welcome :)

sathya_1979
1st October 2011, 10:35 PM
naadaan parinde! wonderful, wonderful wonderful :smokesmirk: :mrgreen: :cheer:

A.ANAND
1st October 2011, 10:42 PM
wow!lot of new hubbys in this thread!welcome to all!rockstar mania!

satissh_r
1st October 2011, 10:52 PM
Just got a mail from Flipkart, my Rockstar CD has been shipped :happydance:

shylu65
1st October 2011, 10:55 PM
wow!lot of new hubbys in this thread!welcome to all!rockstar mania!
Thank you! And yes, I have seriously become maniac of this OST.

Usually, it takes sometime to get used to the songs, but in the case of Rockstar, it seems to be like it will take considerable amount of time to pick the best.

Nerd
1st October 2011, 11:38 PM
Nadaan Parinday - Whoa :shock: Been waiting for something like this from Rahman for about 20 years now. Any amount of praise won't do justice to this song. Just gave a casual listen to 2-3 other songs. But this is the song to beat in this album and in this year.

littlemaster1982
1st October 2011, 11:50 PM
Nerd,

Listen to Sadda Haq too. I'm unable to choose between this two.

Siv.S
1st October 2011, 11:52 PM
Saada haq,naadan parindey,kun faya Kun :bow: :bow: :bow:

m_karthik
2nd October 2011, 12:51 AM
When ARR uses Guitar, others please step aside... :godworthy:

Nadaan Parindhey, Sadda Haq, Kun Faya Kun, Aur Ho... :speechless:

sathya_1979
2nd October 2011, 01:14 AM
From the trailers, I can see Ranbir had expressed the emotions and feelings well. kazhuththu narambu pudaikka paadaraan :)

Sunil_M88
2nd October 2011, 02:48 AM
Rockstar

Read at your own leisure as I’ve tried to express my feeling here. This is not a review of the album.

Who am I to decide which song is better or how to rate a particular song? Every time I hear each song, it feels like a new experience all together.

The quality in all songs is so exuberant to say the least and even with an average pair of headphones as a listener I don’t need to decipher what sound is being put fourth thanks to the mastering and re-recording. Rahman ji and his team certainly knock socks off as usual, but the sound quality this time round is tremendously glaring. Even though it depends on each listener’s own audible skills, I believe with Rockstar everyone can generally hear every nuance placed forward in the songs and Dear H. Sridhar sir must be smiling down upon his brother and our Rahman ji as I feel post his dismissal this album has one of the finest sound engineering ever to be delivered out of Rahman ji’s discography.

As far as I’m aware I think the biggest gadget buff in the Indian film industry is our Rahman ji, critics often complain about his overuse of synthetic instruments and special effects and how the overall effect of the song has been killed. I’d like to stress who are they to know what Rahman ji’s intention is during the mastering and engineering process. All though many people are behind his creative team, it’s probably Rahman ji who always decides when to take the final cut so obviously whatever the outcome is, to an extent it is his conscious one.

Technology is always improving and Rahman ji has near enough always been at the helm with these updates and this has been evident even before he joined the industry thanks to his respected dad, the late R.K. Shekhar. He hasn’t used any synth effects in this album however there is certainly no lack of technological creativity possessed by this album. I read the reason for the delay behind the audio release was due to the audio mastering. But over the years as a Rahman ji bhagat the “patience is a virtue” line is truly apt for this situation and as always the result here is one that I suppose you can cherish for a life time. He has proved that not only musically does he have a parallel but even with respect to musical appliances, musical gadgets etc. no one can reach his level of calibre. He must have a dozen synthesizers in his studios but he always uses them within his limits but more importantly to enhance the beauty of his songs.

Apologies if you felt I stated the obvious above but the most vital thing I need to get out of my system is that I seriously can’t remember the last time I heard an album with my eyes open and be transported to the core of a song. Usually what happens is we close our eyes and then only realise the real beauty of the song but to cut a long story short, is it me or does everyone feel as if their sitting at a dargah when hearing Kun Faaya Kun, standing out in an open field watching the concert performance of Saadda haq, at the front row in an indoor stadium listening to Jo Bhi Mein/Naadaan Parindey, having fun at a carnival in Punjab (Kateya Karoon), in a studio during the recording of Shehar Mein, being invited to anglo-Indian wedding (The Dichotomy of Fame) or in a Latin country watching a street storyteller singing Hava Hava. I haven’t mentioned other songs but this doesn’t mean I have a lesser liking for them but the point I’m trying to put across is Rahman ji has certainly leaped on to a new territory with Rockstar as over the years he has proved his mastery over melody, he was one of the pivots to incorporate expansive audio effects i.e. surround sound, panning, stereo effects etc. and with respect to his former output here he delivers an experience which not only captivates your mind but your soul too with the output of his sound/quality reaching a new platform all together.

Lastly, but not the slightest of the being the least, hats off to Imtiaz Ali for extracting the bestest of tunes and most importantly Irshad Kamil as lyrically this album has already leaped to high position in my list of Rahman ji’s Hindi albums.

Finally, I really see myself always enjoying this album no matter what time it is, what the weather is like or whether I’m in lazing, at the gym, revising, eating dinner or in a car.

I don’t know if others feel the same and apologies if anyone takes offence at my post. I respect everyone’s opinion.

Sunil Malhotra

lancelot
2nd October 2011, 08:24 AM
Do yourself a favor and don't buy BOSE. We'll discuss about this in FB :)

Why is it littlemaster? :(

littlemaster1982
2nd October 2011, 08:57 AM
To put it simply, overpriced for what it is worth.

Mahen
2nd October 2011, 09:14 AM
To produce an out and out high quality 14-song album takes a lot of time and effort and it is evident Rahman didn’t have this privilege. What you do get is a lot of variety and some experimentation. Unfortunately the downside is that the quality is very uneven particularly in the second half of the album (songs 7-11). However, it's important to point out that the music is integral to the film and vice versa so it might sound better on screen than it does as a stand-alone album. Regardless what is obvious is that as a complete package, Imtiaz Ali's first collaboration with Rahman is not as successful if you compare it to his previous efforts with Sandesh Shandilya (Socha Na Tha) and Pritam. As for a Rahman soundtrack, Rockstar fits in the above average category, sometimes touching good. Only "Kun Fayakun" and “Hawa Hawa” can be classed as songs that have the wow factor that we come to associate with his best music. So as expected, producing a winning 14-song album is a very tough ask for sure and there's no denying that his fans will be happy with the outcome but overall, it will not be remembered as one of his best. Not by a long shot. As for Imtiaz Ali, he might revert back to Pritam (or a newcomer) after this short but interesting experiment with a genius who has a bit too much on his plate at the moment.
http://www.planetbollywood.com/displayReview.php?id=m093011065125

WTF :evil: this guy should be shot dead..naan appave sonnen, northies still like the same old *hit dished out by pritam/VS etc..good example ra one

Mahen
2nd October 2011, 09:18 AM
Rockstar

Read at your own leisure as I’ve tried to express my feeling here. This is not a review of the album.

Who am I to decide which song is better or how to rate a particular song? Every time I hear each song, it feels like a new experience all together.

The quality in all songs is so exuberant to say the least and even with an average pair of headphones as a listener I don’t need to decipher what sound is being put fourth thanks to the mastering and re-recording. Rahman ji and his team certainly knock socks off as usual, but the sound quality this time round is tremendously glaring. Even though it depends on each listener’s own audible skills, I believe with Rockstar everyone can generally hear every nuance placed forward in the songs and Dear H. Sridhar sir must be smiling down upon his brother and our Rahman ji as I feel post his dismissal this album has one of the finest sound engineering ever to be delivered out of Rahman ji’s discography.

As far as I’m aware I think the biggest gadget buff in the Indian film industry is our Rahman ji, critics often complain about his overuse of synthetic instruments and special effects and how the overall effect of the song has been killed. I’d like to stress who are they to know what Rahman ji’s intention is during the mastering and engineering process. All though many people are behind his creative team, it’s probably Rahman ji who always decides when to take the final cut so obviously whatever the outcome is, to an extent it is his conscious one.

Technology is always improving and Rahman ji has near enough always been at the helm with these updates and this has been evident even before he joined the industry thanks to his respected dad, the late R.K. Shekhar. He hasn’t used any synth effects in this album however there is certainly no lack of technological creativity possessed by this album. I read the reason for the delay behind the audio release was due to the audio mastering. But over the years as a Rahman ji bhagat the “patience is a virtue” line is truly apt for this situation and as always the result here is one that I suppose you can cherish for a life time. He has proved that not only musically does he have a parallel but even with respect to musical appliances, musical gadgets etc. no one can reach his level of calibre. He must have a dozen synthesizers in his studios but he always uses them within his limits but more importantly to enhance the beauty of his songs.

Apologies if you felt I stated the obvious above but the most vital thing I need to get out of my system is that I seriously can’t remember the last time I heard an album with my eyes open and be transported to the core of a song. Usually what happens is we close our eyes and then only realise the real beauty of the song but to cut a long story short, is it me or does everyone feel as if their sitting at a dargah when hearing Kun Faaya Kun, standing out in an open field watching the concert performance of Saadda haq, at the front row in an indoor stadium listening to Jo Bhi Mein/Naadaan Parindey, having fun at a carnival in Punjab (Kateya Karoon), in a studio during the recording of Shehar Mein, being invited to anglo-Indian wedding (The Dichotomy of Fame) or in a Latin country watching a street storyteller singing Hava Hava. I haven’t mentioned other songs but this doesn’t mean I have a lesser liking for them but the point I’m trying to put across is Rahman ji has certainly leaped on to a new territory with Rockstar as over the years he has proved his mastery over melody, he was one of the pivots to incorporate expansive audio effects i.e. surround sound, panning, stereo effects etc. and with respect to his former output here he delivers an experience which not only captivates your mind but your soul too with the output of his sound/quality reaching a new platform all together.

Lastly, but not the slightest of the being the least, hats off to Imtiaz Ali for extracting the bestest of tunes and most importantly Irshad Kamil as lyrically this album has already leaped to high position in my list of Rahman ji’s Hindi albums.

Finally, I really see myself always enjoying this album no matter what time it is, what the weather is like or whether I’m in lazing, at the gym, revising, eating dinner or in a car.

I don’t know if others feel the same and apologies if anyone takes offence at my post. I respect everyone’s opinion.

Sunil Malhotra
:thumbsup: well expressed bro

venkkiram
2nd October 2011, 09:55 AM
எப்போதாவது பெய்யும் கோடை மழையால் எப்படி வறண்ட செடிகள் இன்பத்தில் துளிர்க்குமோ அப்படியொரு உணர்வு இசைப்புயலின் பாடல்கள் கேட்டு. பிரம்மானந்தம். உன்மத்த நிலை. 14 பாடல்கள் கொண்ட தொகுப்பு. ரஹ்மானின் பேராற்றல் வியக்க வைக்கிறது. கடின உழைப்பு என்றைக்காவது ஒரு நாள் கைமேல் பலனைத் தரும். மொஹித். Saadda Haq பாடலுக்கு எத்தனை விருதுகளையும் கொடுக்கலாம். இந்த ஆல்பம் மொஹித்திற்கு பெரிய மைல்கல்.

இதுவரை கேட்டவை Nadaan Parindey, Kateya Karun, Sheher Main, Tum Ko, Aur Ho, Sadda Haq எல்லாமே ஒரு முறை கேட்கும்போதே மீண்டும் எண்ணற்ற முறை கேட்கக் தூண்டுகிறது. எப்போ லியூட் இசை வரும். எப்போது மீண்டும் குரல் பாட ஆரம்பிக்கும் என யூகிக்கவே முடியவில்லை. An Epic for Rock(Guitar) Music.

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Benny Lava
2nd October 2011, 10:32 AM
http://www.planetbollywood.com/displayReview.php?id=m093011065125

WTF :evil: this guy should be shot dead..naan appave sonnen, northies still like the same old *hit dished out by pritam/VS etc..good example ra one

Well, planetbollywood is normally a site which gives strong positive reviews for Rahman (at least most of the writers there do). But there is a noted shift since SDM they are more worried that he will move away to the west. There was similar kind of reaction here also, when he started taking more hindi films to the extent that some stopped considering him as TFM composer at all... some of my friends were talking about some distinct north indian style in his songs... ellaam mind brandy thaan...

Benny Lava
2nd October 2011, 10:40 AM
To put it simply, overpriced for what it is worth.

I recently bought a sennheiser, the difference in sound quality and clarity was a revelation! All my earphones used to have a heavy bass such that the midrange sounds were drowned. After using this I realized how much music I am actually missing. This one gave pretty good bass without compromising on the midrange sounds.

VENKIRAJA
2nd October 2011, 11:41 AM
I recently bought a sennheiser, the difference in sound quality and clarity was a revelation! All my earphones used to have a heavy bass such that the midrange sounds were drowned. After using this I realized how much music I am actually missing. This one gave pretty good bass without compromising on the midrange sounds.

Endha model? Enge vangineenga? Evlo achu. Even I think its time to buy something in Sennheiser, Klipsch or the like. Suggestion, please.

Nadaan Parinday - Whoa :shock: Been waiting for something like this from Rahman for about 20 years now. Any amount of praise won't do justice to this song. Just gave a casual listen to 2-3 other songs. But this is the song to beat in this album and in this year.

:exactly:
Like it better than Kun Faya Kun and Sadda Haq.

Benny Lava
2nd October 2011, 03:12 PM
Endha model? Enge vangineenga? Evlo achu. Even I think its time to buy something in Sennheiser, Klipsch or the like. Suggestion, please.

This model:

http://reviews.cnet.com/headphones/sennheiser-omx-180-headphones/4505-7877_7-33976722.html

But I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. It doesn't sit too easily on the earlobes and can get painful if you don't know how to wear it. The sound quality is amazing though. Look for something in the same price range but of different fit (in-ear or circumaural), should sound good.

I bought it in Singapore airport, but you can order it to Flipkart with free home delivery.

http://www.flipkart.com/browse/headphones-mobile-accessories?compatible_with=mobile&filter=brand%3ASennheiser&_l=Z_c416KpQ2DEysBTNMbr_w--&_r=9LfgtbR17ur4pkZw_Bgazw--&ref=fcc63e8c-0fd7-400c-b34d-0e713b86d32f

Mahen
2nd October 2011, 05:24 PM
my sony earphones went kaput :cry2: intha neram pathu :evil: will get klipsch in a few days time...

Sunil_M88
2nd October 2011, 05:53 PM
Every song leaves its own lasting impression which makes the album even more memorable and triumphant.

Phir se - The chants in the prelude are so serene and unpredictably there are youthful techno influences emerging near the latter of the song. The lyrics are displaying a similar message to Masakali

Saadda haq - Between 3:37 and 3:52, a heavenly humming version of Tum ko/Tum ho is subtly but wonderfully woven in. It's obvious that the melody of Tum ko/Tum ho will play as the prominent theme throughout the movie.

Naadaan Parindey - This songs has a gospel-rock feeling yet being organically Indian. IMO this has the best prelude. The initial chants are gospel which are joined by a church organ and an air guitar just before the ecstatic drums and Rahman ji come in where the latter delivers the hook line. For those who don't comprehend Hindi, the meaning of this song describes the urge for a departed individual (presumably Ranbir Kapoor) to come back to their home and family. Again one of the lyrically better songs inthe album

Kun Faaya Kun - This is the best Qawwali from Rahman ji, enough said.

I don't want to sound unfair by not mentioning the other tracks, but the truth is I just about gathered what to say about certain songs as I'm still floating in the air. I'm too immature to review the album as a whole.

Ramakrishna
2nd October 2011, 06:51 PM
Naadhaan parinthey, sheher mein, tango for taj :notworthy:

V_S
3rd October 2011, 12:40 AM
To be honest, I was skeptical in approaching this soundtrack, as I didn't like his Endhiran and Raavanan soundtrack much. Also the title of this movie, 'Rock'-star attempted me to guess how the soundtrack would be. Even the short promo of Sadda Haq didn't impress me with respect to the tune. I never expected a Kun Faaya Kun, Katiya Karun, Nadaan Parindey, Hawa Hawa and those two top instrumentals Tango for Taj and The Dichotomy of Fame. These tracks surprised me like anything. The tune flow and rhythm is continuous and smooth and never takes the ears out of the listener.

Kun Faaya Kun is a breath-taking qawwali, on the lines of Khwaja mere Khwaja, but this one tops everything and how cleverly he weaves guitar in this qawwali number is a beauty. Very soulful melody and it will stay forever.

Katiya Karun - Harshdeep Kaur completely beats all expectation, loved her voice and singing, beautiful tune and very native which is what I liked the most about this song.

Nadaan Parindey, Rahman at his emotional best with two different charanams first one starting higher and second one lower, astounding. Wonderful guitar! Rock guitar popping up in prelude is just amazing. But this is one song which is very rare in occurrence.

Hawa Hawa - Delighted by this spanish delight. Absolutely gorgeous song!

Tango for Taj and Dichotormy of Fame - Very addictive instrumentals.

These are my top six favorites on few listens, followed by Phir Se Ud Chala, Sadda Haq (some terrific guitar there!), Jo Bhi Main.

Aur Ho has some influence of Chaiya Chaiya, if I am not wrong.

Terrific soundtrack and Rahman's milestone soundtrack. This the Rahman I have known and have been waiting to listen! Broke all the notions about 'Rock' influence and keeps it as much traditional as he can which is what I like and love about this soundtrack :notworthy: Thank you sir! :D

BTW, very good write-up Sunil!

Sunil_M88
3rd October 2011, 02:40 AM
Thanks Mahen and V_S :)

Before every good deed you either say Bismillah or hail lord Ganesh. That's exactly what the team behind Rockstar did as they placed the CD near the feet of Lord Ganesh on Ganesh chathurti and launched the audio in a Dargah at Delhi. My respect for the people behind Rockstar had grown even more since then. I'm not usually superstitious but I truly believe with everyones wishes and the cast and crews own hard work has paid off. Prior to the release I was so gaga over Swades and even went as far as saying that this is Rahman ji's best work in Hindi and that he might difficulty surpassing it. But I'm happy I've been proved wrong. The reason why I felt Rahman ji can't meet the expectations of Swades because the script demanded different songs which made it a complete album and I still feel none of the songs have got lost with time.

I posted the below in arryg with relation to Swades

Dearest and utterly most respected Rahman ji

I know it's not in your hands to deliver brilliant music all the time but we fans know your capabilities and sometimes you yourself indirectly agree that you could've performed a better output. I know you're spiritually motivated but the director plays a big role in song determination. The songs of Swades were set for particular scenes unlike films where generally speaking, songs are thrown in as times fillers. In the Indian film industry, songs are our culture but your songs are our religion. Indian films require songs but not randomly placed songs like most movies. Your Swades is a perfect example of songs being picturised in a movie. Each song was used and I'm sure you're glad as some times your music doesn't make the final cut in certain movies. So please, this is my humble
request, please could you choose films that give importance to your music which in addition compliments the scene. No one should question whether each scene of a movie is different but depending on that specific scene it should be made possible to follow the movie with music. I'm nobody in front of you to tell how to compose music but I hope you will get motivated by what I said.

Your biggest fan

Sunil

In terms of picturisation, I still think Ashutosh Gowarikar and to an extent Subhash Ghai have delivered the best of Rahman ji when it comes to Hindi songs and I'm not going to lie but Swades as a movie shaped my life and the album definitely did too. ARR deserved the national award however he did get a Filmfare for best BGM. Each BGM complimented the scene so much so that I can't imagine how Ashutosh narrated the film to ARR. The songs also fit wonderfully into their subjected scenes. The film didn't require item songs, which I think kind of backfired against the movie but here I'm talking from the stereotypical audience POV, who have cravings for such songs which shows their taste. (No discrimination as I like them too but for god sake this film did't require them, so don't hold that against the whole album, which has more to offer then other commercial Sh*t, pardon my language.)
Coming back to Rockstar, As V_S I was also sceptical when I heard Rahman ji has signed Rockstar but as any fan deep down I always wanted Rahman ji to reach higher peaks and so really felt that this album does have potential even though initially I thought that there’s hardly going to be more than 6-8 songs and nearly all of them will be set to rock. But since the album has released I can clearly say even in the Rock sounding songs there is so much scope which Rahaman ji has delivered with fine ease. Even with a rock album, his versatility is striking as all the rock numbers sound totally different. This is what has made me even more attached to him as unlike Swades he’s composed in different genres here he has more tunes set to rock as that’s the backdrop of the film but how he manages to show so much versatility in one genre is something I fail to understand.

Rahman ji was once asked, what factor keeps him going continually strong? He replied that it's his urge for change and IMO his consistency truly lies behind this attitude.

There are two types of Rahman ji fans and then there are plain haters a.k.a. false fans. You have fans and you have hardcore fans. The difference here is that hardcore fans support the changing Rahman ji at every step while fans like his music in installments. When Rahman ji attempts an innovative experiment, fans not always but commonly give it a miss until the song is aired a number of times so that it can penetrate them along with the average Joe. Whereas Hardcore fans on initial hearing already sense the impact that the song is meant to create. When the song becomes popular the fans get sucked in a warp and start expressing that this, that or the other song from a certain album is slow poison taking time to sink in. Hardcore fans more often than not get plunged in the depth of Rahman ji's ocean straight away. In addition to this when Rahman ji experiments with a new genre than hardcore fans automatically broaden their music sense and start listening to different kinds of music so they can appreciate the next time Rahman ji gives birth to a new concept or sound, without uttering nonsense such as Rahman ji has lost it and has started copying songs. These kind of people hardly know the basic 1,2,3 about how many genres there are in this world and so for example if they hear Taxi taxi and Aaromale they'll jump to the front line and say Oh what a cheap imitation of daddy yankee and aerosmith. This is where the haters after igniting the fuel in fans sit back and laugh. Rahman ji's music 100% always has an indian touch but the way he weaves it in tracks is what differentiates hardcore fans from mere fans. And for example just because the initial part of Aaromale sounds westernized the haters utter it’s a copy. The experimentation in Aaromele with carnatic music makes it Indian to the core and we should be proud that Rahman ji's is pushing the boundaries for our country and other south Asian countries. So Fans don't follow the majority and think before you speak because there will always be haters trying to convert you and lower your taste in music.

My POV view is hardcore fans don't need to preach as they are not shows offs, no one can question Rahman ji's achievement and for haters, achievement is not something you get when you walk from one end to the other end of a park. Rahman ji has put his blood and sweat into his career and is still doing so. The haters are trying to change fans and to an extent some fraction of fans have easily been convinced and converted into anti-ARRs. The hardcore fans don't feel like raising their voice or dropping low to the level of a naive fan or a hater and live in their world where they appreciate all other artists equally and peacefully anticipate for the time when criticizers are shut up not by the humble and subtle Rahman ji but by his inner Sufi who continues to win the hearts of millions by letting his music do the work for him.

As a conclusion I can clearly say Rockstar is my favourite Hindi album by Rahman ji.

A.ANAND
3rd October 2011, 02:49 AM
anurag kayshap tweets on rockstar music

ankash1009 Anurag Kashyap
And Mohit Chauhan.. wow.. Irshad Kamil awesome.. #rockstar #saddahaq
5 hours ago

source;arryg
»

ankash1009 Anurag Kashyap
"RockStar" is going to bloody kill it... what an album.. playing nonstop.. Imtiaz and Rahman and Ranbir bloody rock it..
5 hours ago

thineshan54321
3rd October 2011, 02:56 AM
Hey Thineshan,

Hey MAN!!! How are you? I've been busy with my own music bro. But, I have been here silently reading up on all your posts. It's great to be back. I heard some of the tracks and they are mindblowing. Waiting for the CD!!! THis one is gonna be good. Where is Dinesh, Maddy, Yathu, and the rest of the old group?

p.s. hey Anand, Mahen, Ramakrishna! Hope you guys are doing well. And we have a lot of new members. Good to see! Welcome all of you!

A.ANAND
3rd October 2011, 02:59 AM
http://bollypromos.com/4259-rockstar-1-minute-music-review/

http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Rockstar-Songs-review-nnlqsoqsnn

http://bollywooddilse.blogspot.com/2011/09/rockstar-r-rahman-music-review.html#axzz1ZbdFvDTD

http://magixncurses.blogspot.com/2011/10/phir-se-udd-chala-rockstar.html
http://magixncurses.blogspot.com/2011/10/dichotomy-of-fame-rockstar.html
http://magixncurses.blogspot.com/2011/10/aur-ho-rockstar.html
http://magixncurses.blogspot.com/2011/10/sheher-mein-rockstar.html

sathya_1979
3rd October 2011, 05:29 AM
Mohit Chauhan! Lucky Phlow :) Great Job Man :D

littlemaster1982
3rd October 2011, 07:47 AM
Hey MAN!!! How are you? I've been busy with my own music bro.

I'm good. Happy to see you working on your own music :thumbsup:

Where is Dinesh, Maddy, Yathu, and the rest of the old group?

Haven't seen Yathu for quite some time. Dinesh and Maddy post here now and then.

Scale
3rd October 2011, 10:16 AM
Jho Bhi Mein & Sadda Haq are pure magic completely hooked and with the visuals it is certainly going to rock. Can't wait.

Scale
3rd October 2011, 10:25 AM
I also liked Kattiya Karun & Kun Faya Kun always put forth a question which ARR you liked the most.

Scale
3rd October 2011, 10:29 AM
What happened to Mohit's voice looks like he struggled at lot of places. Or is it only me? I understand the idea behind the voice of Jordan but wouldn't it be great if we have different singers.

ajaybaskar
3rd October 2011, 10:46 AM
Still havent come out of 'Tum Ho' and 'Tum Ko'. Indha Rahmanthaan sir enakku venum.. Absolutely free flowing. Gem of an album. :clap:

KV
3rd October 2011, 11:15 AM
Any usage of the harpejji and continuum in this album? (anything listed in the credits?)

Bala (Karthik)
3rd October 2011, 03:35 PM
Really look forward to listening to this album....kamaan

littlemaster1982
3rd October 2011, 04:29 PM
Marakkamal ungal karutthugalai pathivu seyyavum :p

satissh_r
3rd October 2011, 08:34 PM
Got the CD :) Packaging is nice, haven't checked the audio quality though... Usually thalaivar writes a few words about the album which is missing here

sathya_1979
3rd October 2011, 08:38 PM
Enjoy Satissh!

raghavendran
3rd October 2011, 09:11 PM
after several listens..its Sadda haq...guitar adhiridhu...:bow:......,naadan parindey and kun faya kun and tum ho outstanding......bloody hell...wat an album...:smokesmirk:....

raghavendran
3rd October 2011, 09:14 PM
kadhellam valikudhu...still wanna listen...even while i am wiritng this sadda haq is on full volume...:smokesmirk:

raghavendran
3rd October 2011, 09:16 PM
not to forget..jho bi main and sheher mein...too good...confused which one to listen...its like on ur plate.. all ur fav dishes are there and u wanna eat everything at the same time...kola veri is what i mean..

raghavendran
3rd October 2011, 09:20 PM
the chorus used in this album is outa the wolrd..its so hard hitting..the power of the chorus is felt to the fullest only in God's music...yam not meesicals,..just have the qualification of Ar's isai veriyan.... just what i felt abt chorus part..:)

satissh_r
3rd October 2011, 09:49 PM
"Cut, cut, cut, I had called. But Ranbir was still screaming on stage, reviving the Guitar. He was beyond hearing anything but the call of his blood at that time. The Mcloedgunj audience had been standing hungry the whole day, but they were screaming back and jumping. The assistants, the whole unit was dancing in a trance, in a fit, mindless of the fact that they were supposed to be shooting a song. The sound guy refused to turn the song off, the camera refused to stop rolling. All that anyone could feel was the intoxication everywhere - Sadda Haq -Aitthe Raq, Sadda Haq -Aitthe Raq, Sadda Haq -Aitthe Raq

Why am I expected to fit in to these narrow recangular boxes that society has made for me? I refuse to be yolked by guilt and shame. It is my right to be myself and I will claim what is mine"

somu_87
3rd October 2011, 09:55 PM
Classy Classy Album... Everything in a platter !!

Simply awesome.. cant stop listening...

Sheir Mein !!!!!! Waaaw wot a prelude Karthik and Mohit :bow: addicted to it..

Jho bhi mein .. Soft rock - redefined the Indian perception of a rock song !!

And in love with all other songs too.. Am too immature to review this album .. in short my auditory senses are blessed :) . Thank You Thalaiavaaa :ty:

A.ANAND
4th October 2011, 01:27 PM
The story behind Ranbir Kapoor's 'Sadda Haq'

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/the-real-story-behind-ranbirs-sadda-haq/189836-8.html

A.ANAND
4th October 2011, 01:48 PM
http://dunkdaft.blogspot.com/2011/10/rockstar-music-review.html

A.ANAND
4th October 2011, 01:49 PM
http://sudeepshukla.wordpress.com/2011/10/03/rockstar-music-review-rahmans-mohits-masterpiece/

A.ANAND
4th October 2011, 01:52 PM
http://reviews.moviehattan.com/2011/10/rockstar-music-review-by-gurpreet.html

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1900947

A.ANAND
4th October 2011, 01:56 PM
http://almostareview.wordpress.com/2011/10/02/rockstar-music-review/

A.ANAND
4th October 2011, 02:07 PM
Siddharth loves Rockstar

From visiting dargahs to going to colleges across the country, Ranbir Kapoor and Imtiaz Ali are leaving no stone unturned to promote their latest flick, " Rockstar". And during their travels, the duo has found numerous fans who are raving about the music of the film. The latest to join the bandwagon is actor Siddharth.

The star has not stopped praising the album of the film, every since he heard it. "ARR (AR Rahman), Irshaad Kaamil and Imtiaz Ali, take a bow guys! 'Rockstar' is what every Rahman fan has been yearning for! Love the album :) (sic)" the actor posted on his micro blogging site. The actor is also mighty pleased with singer Mohit Chauhan, who has crooned numbers like ""Phir Se Ud Chala"", ""Jo Bhi Main"" and "Saadda Haq" from the soundtrack of the movie. "Mohit Chauhan's life has been put in higher gear with "Rockstar"," added Siddharth

A.ANAND
4th October 2011, 02:28 PM
can we equate in album with thiruda thiruda or roja???

Ramakrishna
4th October 2011, 07:55 PM
Saddaa haq (thru earphones) gives you wings

venkkiram
4th October 2011, 08:20 PM
Aur Ho - என்ன குரல்டா அது ! Alma Ferovic :notworthy: ஆரம்ப இசையில் வியக்க வைக்கும் குரல், இடை இசையில் மனசை கசக்கிப் புழிகிறது. எப்படித்தான் இதுபோன்ற உணர்வுகளை இதுமாதிரி குரலில் கற்பனை செய்து உருவாக்கினாரோ இசைப்புயல்! அராஜகம்!

Tum Ko (F) - ஆழ் மனதை மயிலிறகால் வருடுவது போல ஒரு உணர்வு. வானத்திற்கு நோக்கிப் மெல்லப் பறந்து மேக மெத்தையில் படுத்து உறங்குவது போல இருக்கு. கவிதா :notworthy: குரல் தேர்வுக்கு நன்றி ரஹ்மான்.

Roshan
4th October 2011, 11:51 PM
After reading all the raving reviews, my manasaatchi is not permitting me listen to the songs through the net. CD eppO kidaikkum naan eppO kaekkuRathu :( Really Really looking forward ...............

A.ANAND
5th October 2011, 02:59 AM
Ranbir Kapoor sings…via Mohit Chauhan

http://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip/ranbir-kapoor-sings-via-mohit-chauhan/

http://www.totalfilmy.com/feature/20111004/music_039rockstar039_ar_rahman_and_mohit_chauhan_w oo_audiences-34365.html

Benny Lava
5th October 2011, 06:50 AM
can we equate in album with thiruda thiruda or roja???
That we can tell only 20 years down the lane :P

Benny Lava
5th October 2011, 06:51 AM
I am not sure whether you guys have read this before. Rahman and Imtiaz on the making of Rockstar music.

http://mumbaimirror.com/article/82/20110918201109180317082491ebf989a/The-Rockstar-behind-the-music.html

sathya_1979
5th October 2011, 07:43 AM
Just now moved to Sheher mein from Naadan Parinde and Sadda Haq, ellaa paattum muzhusaa kEkkaradhukkuLLa padam 100 naaL Odidum pOla :roll:

sathya_1979
5th October 2011, 07:49 AM
I am not sure whether you guys have read this before. Rahman and Imtiaz on the making of Rockstar music.

http://mumbaimirror.com/article/82/20110918201109180317082491ebf989a/The-Rockstar-behind-the-music.html
Imtiaz says he took many liberties with Rahman. “While he was recording, I have pressed the button to talk to Mohit in the singer’s booth and have given him ‘musical instructions’. But that is the beauty of that man.

You don’t have to stop yourself. Often, I have apologised to him and he has laughed it off. He makes you bold and makes you give your best. He keeps telling me; you are the director, you don’t like one tune, I’ll come up with many. You must do your job, I must do mine.”

Whattay professional :bow: Great Talent without an iota of ego, true rolemodel!

“Rahman says, sometimes, you have to go against your grain for a greater experience, to experience life better than be bound by the limits of your personality.”

True rebel :yes:

sathya_1979
5th October 2011, 07:52 AM
What about the talk in the industry that ‘Rahman is back’ with Rockstar after a rough patch? The legend shrugs and smiles, “I don’t mind what anybody is saying. As long as I am occupied, feel creatively challenged and have fun, it is all good. This year has been really good. I haven’t been pushed to the core, I had my space and I even did a scriptwriting course from UCLA.”

Thalaivaa seekkiram oru padathukku kadahi ezhudhi meesic pOdunga!

MusicIsLife
6th October 2011, 02:09 AM
This might come as a surprise comment from me - but for some reason, i like SEL's music of Rock On more than RockStar except for "Sadaa Haq" which is a true new level of indian music.. probably that one song beats the Rock On Album.. it is a delight, ARR has done it again only song that could compare or beat "Aaromele"

A.ANAND
6th October 2011, 02:44 AM
Rockstar is rocking the music

Rockstar's most anticipated films of the year, but music fans will probably wait even more to the film was its music.Rockstar is a very important project for AR Rahman.

The music of Hindi films in the past two years, the expectations attached to their names did not, and it seemed that the entire Khra international projects and short films in Hindi films are preferred Rahman. Many new music directors in the past - old names Rahman has tried to create space on the lost ground. Rockstar is the most important aspect of the musical reasons for his talent, fans and critics to the test.

And related materialsRaskals - the major and philosophy minor
Music Review - Ra. One
"We Shabana 'Music Review
Biographical account of the life of a singer's film. Film for director Imtiaz Ali and actor Ranbir Kapoor, the biggest challenge so far in his career has every possibility of a significant milestone.

Talk of music albums in different colors so Rockstar are total 14 tracks. Rahman's music has given me by Irshad Kamil. Lead vocals by Mohit Chauhan Ranbir is the protagonist in the album.

Fascinated in the notes, "went flying again from the album have a fresh start. Hear chants of a village in the mountains of the guitar are the stars, an aspiring singer's dream to fly with these simple songs are swept into their flow.

"Whatever I want to say 'Rahman has created an atmosphere of a live rock Kansrt. Irshad Kamil cooperate to streamline the lyrics of the song. Mohit Chauhan Kansrt have full use of his experience of singing.

'Kun Faya Kun' album is the beautiful presentation. Rahman, Javed Ali and Mohit Chauhan in the notes to the song while listening to the spiritual is set in the world. Rahman's spiritual impulses, film songs than a song plays an important role in setting up. A 'Jonr' which has almost disappeared in film music, Rahman is kept alive by their specific productions. Rahman, Javed Ali, Mohit Chauhan, the drowning of three singers have sung this song. Quote of the Quran in Irshad Khamil have been speaking with some beautiful 'Sjra morning lashed my body, Kajra darkness, your burning flame, which found Khtra on your rate .. Maula '. From the noise of rock only harmonium musical instruments, clapping and chorus of the song feel good to use.

Hrshdeep Kaur sang 'do Ktia' album is a different color. Imtiaz Ali's film presence is essential for any Punjabi folk songs. Based on traditional Punjabi folk singer singing these songs have as well, but in the notes Hrshdeep 'Ktia do the "hook has become beautiful.Rahman's love of instrumental colors in combination, the fair is fun, festive atmosphere.

Rockstar lyrics in which each note (sur), the "Chart Buster" is that what is written 'sadda right, keep ऐtthe. The undisputed song of the year 'Antham' can be called. Josh's song, is synaphea, is hysterical.Kansrt of revolt and a symbol of the anger of the hero's theme song to the tune of Rahman songs in the mouths of those who listen will help load. 'Sadda right', Rockstar song album is representative of a true hero, star of 'icon' has to be represented.

"I'm in town, you 'album, a light - hearted presentation. Is a studio song, music composition and recording process has been woven around. The song is mention of the hero's musical journey early stage. Mohit Chauhan's voice for the hero of the album is a very important aspect of the film individually distinct songs, his voice and style, perfectly round hero of the musical journey of different offers.

'Air-air "is another good presentation album, Cakoslovakia a famous folk tale' Sleepy John 'in the song based on music by Rahman is placed in international gypsy. Expect some funny on-screen presentation of the song, the song's impact will be dependent on Ranbir on screen to find how best manner.

"You have to 'poetry Subrhmnyam (Krishnamurthy) voice is heard in a long time, Rahman's music. It is poetry in films rarely hear nowadays. "You have to 'give depth to the voices of his best poetry, yet Rahman's tune reminds me of some of their old songs. Susan sung by Mohit Chauhan and 'you' can also be seen Rahman's old template. Although fascinated by the 'and' tone of the pain is very effectively presented.

'Dolly bird house, aaja re o' album is very strong presentation.Contains all the elements of popular song in the musical is a lack of depth. Lyrics may be good but the song in the middle of the famous verses of Baba Farid 'kaga Khaiyo all flesh "seems unnecessarily unabridged.

Apparently Rahman 'Rockstar' Bollywood makes a comeback to the music. In addition, music can be traced back to Acostiks the album has greatly contributed in enhancing the effect.

There are two tracks of soundtrack Instrumantl The Daikotomi Fame 'is remarkable. Rahman, a beautiful re-use of the clarinet, and guitar as Kountrpaint use makes it more effective. Shammi Kapoor to play the clarinet in addition to the screen can be an enjoyable experience.

Rockstar AR Rahman's music album is presented that the colors of a rainbow on one end of the sentence if "sadda right 'is a frenzy of excitement and indignation at the other end' Kun Faya Kun 'hatched in a world filled with spiritual peace and in the joy, fun, celebration, love, separation, pain and sadness played its color palette of musical colors that is.

Rockstar certainly will involve in the year's best productions. Gives a lot of musical potential, but too afraid to see Rahman made the last record is visible in front of that film music should not be weak.

Rockstar Rahman and his stature has increased in the last two years, the musicians were trying to stand their counterpart, the dwarves look back to Rahman has begun.

Rockstar in terms of rating of the music album 4 / 5 (Five Four).

A.ANAND
6th October 2011, 02:45 AM
ROCKSTAR Music Review: AR Rahman is a rockstar

http://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip/rockstar-music-review-ar-rahman-is-a-rockstar/

A.ANAND
6th October 2011, 02:47 AM
Rock solid
An occasional music column that has its pulse on the desi beat

Anand Holla

Posted On Wednesday, October 05, 2011 at 03:21:31 AM

It takes a real rockstar to create music for the reel one. Wafting through the album of the year and one of A R Rahman’s best Hindi scores, makes it clear that the maestro has a world of enchanting music still left in him.

Unlike the synthetic Rock On!! - Bollywood’s only attempt at rock music - which neatly dished out Cerelac rock-n-roll, Rockstar takes the hard road to glory.

Tracks stacked with elaborate instrumentation, unconventional tunes and unusual song structures demand attention, putting Rahman’s music-that-grows-on-you feature to a test like never before.

This, especially because the typical Hindi film music audience hasn’t tasted this style and genre before.

Take Kun faaya kun for starters. Not an uncomplicated, stirring qawwali like Khwaja mere khwaja, yet it touches you as deeply with its tabla-harmonium-guitar composite. Rahman lays bare his sufi sensibilities with such soul that you discover new depths with each listen.

Mohit Chauhan’s first of nine songs, Phir se udd chala soars; it has introspective lyrics, reverb strings and free-flowing melody.

Save for those bewitching Coke Studio performances, you may not have recently heard such tight drumming and crazy acoustic bass work as you would in Naadaan parinde. Besides, the Rahman-Mohit jam works wonders.

The most complex and the chirpiest track, gypsy number Hawaa hawaa with its exotic sounds and king-queen-tale lyrics will have audiophiles in raptures. From Spanish guitars to surround synth, Cajon (percussion) to Cymbalum (strings), the piece captures Prague’s folksy spirit.

In Aur Ho, Mohit voices a tortured artiste’s poetry of pain (Aur ho, aur ho, saans ka shor ho, aanch ki aur badhey) while Bosnian singer Alma Ferovic’s haunting wails stay with you. Tum ko and Tum ho are pleasant, but not extraordinary.

Nor are they instantly likeable as Jo bhi main - soothing guitar riff, Mohit’s trippy vocals and live audience participation. But what makes it really special is its comfort with minimalism and how Rahman lets the mood take over the music.

While Kateya karoon explores Punjabi folk territory, the authentic percussions and string sections take it further than the usual fare. Sheher mein does well as a comical pisstake on the Nadeem-Shravan school of generic music.

The icing on the masterpiece is, of course, Saadda Haq, the high-energy youth anthem that gives Bollywood its first angst-ridden rock number, complete with edgy power chords, solid drumming and blistering solos by Australian guitarist Orianthi.

Rousing chorus and Mohit’s set-the-world-on-fire vocals are hard not to fist-pump to. However, one wishes Rahman had cranked up the guitars for a chunkier sound instead of keeping the only heavy song ‘more accessible’.

A final note: Mohit shines through with his versatility, Irshad Kamil’s lyrics make simplicity seem profound and Rahman shows who’s the boss. Respect.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/article/30/201110052011100503220257d5f4ef18/Rock-solid.html

Sunil_M88
6th October 2011, 02:51 AM
Tum Ho (Rockstar) Full Song Promo - HQ
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xUubHh7vHo)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xUubHh7vHo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xUubHh7vHo

A.ANAND
6th October 2011, 03:00 AM
"Tum Ho Rockstar" (Song Promo) Ranbir kapoor, Nargis Fakhri

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLKHxEYV1U4

A.ANAND
6th October 2011, 03:01 AM
ROCKSTAR TOP IN iTUNES

http://twitpic.com/6vmfp8

A.ANAND
6th October 2011, 03:12 AM
What about the talk in the industry that ‘Rahman is back’ with Rockstar after a rough patch? The legend shrugs and smiles, “I don’t mind what anybody is saying. As long as I am occupied, feel creatively challenged and have fun, it is all good. This year has been really good. I haven’t been pushed to the core, I had my space and I even did a scriptwriting course from UCLA.”

Thalaivaa seekkiram oru padathukku kadahi ezhudhi meesic pOdunga!

where is the source sare??

sathya_1979
6th October 2011, 03:15 AM
Look at the mumbaimirror link posted by Bennylava above

A.ANAND
6th October 2011, 03:26 AM
oh thank u boss!

lancelot
6th October 2011, 11:14 AM
OMG! What an album... i really cant pick a favorite song... today morning i have shifted all focus to Tum Ho! Last night it was amazing Karthik in Sheher Mein. With all due respect to Chauhan, Karthik steals the show in Sheher Mein....

ok... back to Tum Ho!

MADDY
6th October 2011, 02:09 PM
Rockstar has to be one of the coming of age album for AR whose primary skill set is electronica.....it is a tremendous album, each song is taking abt 2 days to be understood* atleast.....AR gives the album its own soul and rustiness unlike the run of the mill rock sounds that is sprayed in the market today........well, DevD comes close to being the only other album that came out as truly rock album without showing off so........

* understand in the sense, to identify the path each song is taking.....

Bala (Karthik)
6th October 2011, 04:09 PM
Maddy vandhaachu. Where is Anoof, inga vandhu naalu vari ezhudha sollanum...

A.ANAND
6th October 2011, 04:16 PM
Maddy vandhaachu. Where is Anoof, inga vandhu naalu vari ezhudha sollanum...

bala sir,yen neenga oru anju vari elutha kudatha???

littlemaster1982
7th October 2011, 07:23 PM
Just read this review. The closing lines :notworthy:

A final note: Mohit shines through with his versatility, Irshad Kamil’s lyrics make simplicity seem profound and Rahman shows who’s the boss. Respect.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/article/30/201110052011100503220257d5f4ef18/Rock-solid.html

Ramakrishna
7th October 2011, 08:59 PM
After multiple listenings...
hawa hawa :notworthy: is the pick of the album for me. It may not become as popular as Sadda Haq. But its different, soulful and enjoyable.

sriramanvk
7th October 2011, 09:53 PM

master. in the same review read the 1st comment

To all other music directors. "HEYY KIDDOS, STOP MAKING NOISE. DADDY IS BACK AT HOME " :)

Benny Lava
7th October 2011, 11:04 PM

I agree with the penultimate para. The guitar solo was a lot subdued and drowned in the chorus, I wish ARR had cranked up the Guitar volume for that bit.

Rest of the review is spot on as well, an ENORMOUS album!

SoftSword
7th October 2011, 11:17 PM
listening since last night...
my situation = kid in a strip bar which sells icecream..

see you later...

littlemaster1982
7th October 2011, 11:33 PM
master. in the same review read the 1st comment

To all other music directors. "HEYY KIDDOS, STOP MAKING NOISE. DADDY IS BACK AT HOME " :)

Adhu konjam jaasthiya irukkara maadhiri thonudhu :p

littlemaster1982
7th October 2011, 11:34 PM
I agree with the penultimate para. The guitar solo was a lot subdued and drowned in the chorus, I wish ARR had cranked up the Guitar volume for that bit.

I'm not sure. I liked the guitar playing "Nana..Nanana..Nana" in the background and merging it with the same chorus.

A.ANAND
8th October 2011, 03:01 AM
Rockstar Music Review

http://www.koimoi.com/bollywood-news/rockstar-music-review/

http://epaper.indianexpress.com/13681/Indian-Express-Pune/07-October-2011#p=page:n=25:z=1

Back In BeatRockstar

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/Back-In-BeatRockstar/856718/

A.ANAND
8th October 2011, 03:12 AM
KOLLYTALK ROCKSTAR

Even before the storm had settled Isai Puyal A R Rahman simply climbs on top of the hill and enjoys having a sumptuous lunch. Yes now that’s the ease with which this man carries the Indian flag with style. With his Slumdog Millionare still ruling international charts Rahman has come again to override his own album with his upcoming already-a-hit (dude it’sRahman) Bollywood offering Rockstar climbing to top spots. The Rockstar album released (on 30th September) to hugely positive reviews with the track ‘Sada Haq’ already declared a youth stirrer. The album has a total 14 tracks unlike the usual 6 song delivery from the veteran composer (And mind you those 6 are the best 6 you would have ever heard )

In the most happening places of all USA, Rahman’s Rockstar sits firmly holding top-spot at Number 1. While the Rockstar album entered a number 3 at the UK charts it has slid to a number 7 spot for the moment.(But yeah the movie is yet to release so….the climb is assured) .In other nations including France, Germany and Australia hisOscar winning Slumdog Millionaire (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) has easily grabbed a place among the top ten world albums. A feat no Indian has yet achieved (including that bald guy …what was his name…Abhijeet..and yeah even Ismayil…wateva).Rahman was recently made the brand ambassador of the JBL speakers brand who were in search of that one individual who has revolutionized the Indian music scene.
Undoubtedly JBL people din’t have to search much for their new face, cause this ain’t a multiple choice question GET it? 3 cheers Rahamniacs to our ROCKSTAR !!!

raghavendran
8th October 2011, 09:17 AM
in sheren mein...karthik sings normally and mohit assaulta paduvaru...think its some song recording where karthik voice will be teaching ranbir..not sure..but got that feeling :)

littlemaster1982
8th October 2011, 09:24 AM
^^ That is correct.

wizzy
8th October 2011, 10:43 AM
Sheher mein is total riot.. lyrics+karthik's singing needs a special mention..when karthik goes nasal twang in the lines "chitthi daali thi aaunga main tere ghar.."
he does sound like certain Bhattacharya :lol: looking at the credits it seems an army of sound engineers have worked on the ost..Sridhar would have been proud by mixing team's work... to maintain the tonality consistently keeping in mind the various genre of songs is an herculean task :thumbsup:

littlemaster1982
8th October 2011, 11:19 AM
Nadaan Parindey - Thalaivar just knocks it out of the park with his singing 8-)

A.ANAND
8th October 2011, 05:27 PM
The Rahman effect

BARADWAJ RANGAN

After almost 20 years in the business, is the Mozart of Madras likely to be concerned by the reactions to “SuperHeavy” and “Rockstar”? Not really.

The latter days of September were an important time for AR Rahman. No, scratch that. They would have been an important time for AR Rahman had he not been ushered into cinema, nearly twenty years go, with a gilt-edged invitation from one of our most celebrated filmmakers; had he not won a National Award for that stratospherically successful score; had he not, like no film composer before or since, straddled the chasm that cleaved the musical ethos of the northern and southern halves of the country; had he not gone on to sell millions upon millions of albums; had he not ventured outside Indian cinema and scored for international theatrical productions and Hollywood films and come away clutching Grammies and Oscars; had he not become the musician sought out to add a splash of showmanship to sombre occasions like White House state dinners and Nobel Peace Prize concerts.

Had that AR Rahman existed — in a parallel dimension, alongside a swarthy struggler named Rajinikanth and an economic underachiever named China — he might have been found mopping a clammy forehead in a darkened corner, awaiting the world's verdict on two fiercely anticipated albums. The first, named “SuperHeavy”, reached U.S. stores (or should we say, today, “became available for download”?) on September 20; the second, the soundtrack for Imtiaz Ali's “Rockstar”, arrived 10 days later.

That AR Rahman, the parallel-dimension AR Rahman, would have withered under the coolly unsparing assessment, by international publications, of the eponymous first album of the group where he breathes rarefied air alongside Mick Jagger, Joss Stone, Damian Marley and Dave Stewart. The New York Times labelled him a purveyor of “goopy synthesizer passages.” Rolling Stone appraised his function in the supergroup with the vaguest of generalisations, as someone “adding Bollywood flair.” They might just as well have called him the token Third World presence.

Unconcerned by expectations

The real Rahman, I suspect, is emphatically unconcerned — about the initial reactions to “SuperHeavy”, about the furiously multiplied expectations from “Rockstar” that no earthly album can possibly fulfil (though early raves from fans suggest that the portals to heaven have been breached), and about what the month of September means to his career. This lack of concern is partly a function of the Sufi-Zen calm that the composer wears like a second skin. But it is also a fact that his career has been — and continues to be, like no one else's — strikingly impervious to hits and flops and how we complain about the music when it comes out and how we sigh, time and again, that he's lost his magic. It appears that in his case — and only his case — we have united in a countrywide pact to look forward, to the ways he can delight us; and not backward, on the ways he's disappointed us. This has never happened before with an Indian composer.

There are, of course, conspicuous exceptions, but the story of the Indian film composer generally follows a hidebound script. He struggles during a period no one knows his name. He delivers that first hit and finds everyone smiling unctuously at his doorstep. The years in between, the years of crushing anonymity, have created a vacuum inside and he strives to fill this emptiness, this loss of a sense of self and security, by signing every offer that comes his way. He sticks to the industry that finally opened its doors upon his persistent knocking and shone a spotlight on him, and even if he strays outside for the odd collaboration he returns to his roots. He rarely steps across languages and styles and genres because he knows what his producers want and what his listeners want and what will vault his songs to the top of the charts, and whenever he chafes, inwardly, about being typecast, he remembers a past filled with struggle and a present glutted with comforts. He is like the Indians of the pre-liberalisation era, who were grateful for opportunities and knew that boats weren't meant to be rocked and taught themselves to be happy with what they got.

Rahman, on the other hand, is like the global Indian who emulates American kids finishing school and taking a year off to backpack around Europe while pondering upon what they want to do in life, or middle-aged parents who forsake successful careers and enrol in college to pursue long-cherished degrees alongside friends of their mortified children. Rahman's choices — the music he creates, the people he collaborates with, the projects he chooses — reflect not the steady reassurance of the done thing, the viable thing for long-term survival, but the adrenalised excitement of what he really wants to do at that instant.

What we respond to

That's perhaps what we respect, what we respond to and look forward to, and that's perhaps why we never give up on him because he marches to the beat of his own drummer and we wish we could do the same in our lives and be rewarded with the same successes. With other musicians, we feel we have the upper hand. We can bestow on their works pleasure or supercilious disdain and we can change, on a capricious dime, the course of their careers. But with Rahman, we have trained ourselves to be indulgent, even if we suspect that he is never going to give us an album that we take to instantly, and even if we fear that we are going to rush out in droves to purchase our copies of “Rockstar” only to register the initial response of bemusement.

That, after all, is how we reacted to “Jhootha Hi Sahi”, Rahman's last soundtrack, which was released almost exactly a year ago, in the September of 2010. In the interim — after repeated listens, after patient hours and months devoted to chiselling away at its impenetrability — it has neither spawned belated hit singles nor has it ripened into a connoisseur's cult item. But that hasn't impacted a whit the frenzied expectations for “Rockstar”, which has just been released as of this writing. Will it rocket to instant immortality, like the sublime soundtrack for “Delhi-6”? Will it fail to take off, like “Jhootha Hi Sahi”? Will it hover in between, like an anxious aircraft circling the skies awaiting permission to land? It doesn't matter. We will soon begin speculation about what lies ahead of “Rockstar”, which is why these latter days of September were of scant concern to AR Rahman.

http://www.thehindu.com/arts/magazine/article2517553.ece

A.ANAND
8th October 2011, 05:35 PM
ROCKSTAR REVIEW

This movie starring Ranbir Kapoor is in the news for all the right reasons. The promos of ‘Sadda Haq’, ‘Jo Bhi Main’ etc have generated a great deal of curiosity and buzz about how the music is going to turn out and also due to the fact that the music is done by none other than the genius, A.R.Rahman. So, has the music lived up to its humongous expectations? Lets find out.

Track Name Artists Rating
Phir Se ud Chala Mohit Chauhan Rating:
Jo Bhi Main Mohit Chauhan Rating:
Katiya Karun Harshdeep Kaur Rating:
Kun Faya Kun A.R.Rahman, Javed Ali Rating:
Sheher Main Mohit Chauhan, Rahman Rating:
Hawaa Hawaa Mohit Chauhan, Tanvi Shah Rating:
Aur Ho Mohit Chauhan, Alma Ferovic Rating:
Tum Ko Kavita Subramaniam Rating:
Nadaan Parindey A.R.Rahman, Mohit Chauhan Rating:
Tum Ho Mohit Chauhan , Suzanne D’ Mello Rating:
Sadda Haq Mohit Chauhan Rating:
Tango for Taj [Instrumental] Rating:
Dichotomy of fame [Instrumental] Rating:
Meeting Place Ranbir Kapoor N/A

1.Phir se ud Chala: The album starts off with ‘Phir se ud chala’, a breezy feel good song sung by Mohit Chauhan. The song is light on instruments. Mohit Chauhan improvises on the tune beautifully with several short aalaps. This song also breaks the regular Mukhda-Antara or Pallavi-Charanam format. I loved everything about the song except the synth beats which tamper with the song’s flow. A decent start to the album

2.Jo Bhi Main: Lo and Behold! Rahman brings Progressive Rock to India. This song evokes a pensive and a psychedelic feel to it. The heavy bass and rock beats are delightful. Mohit’s groovy vocals and the chorus of ‘Ya ya ya’ complement the song beautifully. The use of organ truly lends it a ‘progressive rock’ live concert feel. Lyrics penned by Irshad Kamil deserve a special mention here. This one’s a la Pink Floyd. Beautiful.

3.Katiya Karun: An extremely catchy Punjabi song that catches your interest in the very first listening. This is a naughty , peppy song rendered pretty well by Harshdeep Kaur(of ‘Ik Onkar’ ,Rang De Basanti fame). The mood of the song changes suddenly towards the end and the song adopts a romantic feel. The piano transition is beautiful. Nice one.

4.Kun Faya Kun: We all know Rahman’s prowess in Qawwalis. Rahman, once again stamps his class all over this one. Sung with devout sincerity, Rahman himself goes behind the mike with ample support from Javed Ali and Mohit Chauhan. I would rate this on par or even better than the famous ‘Khwaja mere Khwaja’ . The seamless integration of acoustic guitar into the harmonium and tablas just reinforces Rahman’s genius. Brilliant and an elaborate composition.

5.Sheher main: This seems to be a situational track. About how a music director supervises the recording of a song . A very innovative song interspersed with dialogue exchanges. Has a very likeable tune that is rendered nicely by Karthik and Mohit Chauhan. The public will love this for sure. Thumbs up.

6. Hawa Hawa: What a composition!! Mind blowing stuff. This is a song that is picturized among the gypsies as revealed by Imtiaz Ali himself. This song has so many foreign influences that collude to produce a sumptuous treat to the ears. This song has been intricately designed just like an artist designs his masterpiece. It has expert usage of violins, well drawn out interludes with some inspiring classical guitar, dulcimer work. The chord progressions are lovely and the tune has a retro feel to it. This is a typical Rahman composition. You may not like this the first time. But new layers will unfold themselves everytime you listen to this. Will take time to grow on you. But only Rahman can produce something so extraordinary.

7.Aur Ho: One word: haunting. This is song on the lines of ‘Behne De’ from Raavan. Mohit Chauhan exhibits an amazing range. The treble portions of the song and the riffs of electric guitar in the background are the highlights. The supporting vocals by Alma Ferovic infuses the song with melancholy. So far, this album has been nothing short of great.

8. Tum Ko: This is a typical romantic song. This song marks the return of the famous Kavita Subramaniam. This a soft ballad like songs with soothing vocals and mellow instrumentation. It’s a feel good song with some interesting instruments like Tabla that give this a ‘Ghazal’ish effect. It has beautiful use of strings, piano and truly conjures a blissful ambience.

9.Nadaan Parindey: Soft Rock! Starts off with a deep choir and electric guitar playing in the background. Then Sivamani takes over with his effervescent drum play. The Rahman weaves his magic with his voice. This song has a distinct bass and has some amazing lead guitar work by Sanjeev Thomas. Mohit Chauhan yet again displays his skill with smooth vocals. The guitar harmonies, the chord progressions, the drum play, the bass work, the amazing vocals. This song has it all! Top notch arrangement.

10. Tum Ho: This is the male version of ‘Tum ko’. Set at a faster tempo , this song is slight better than the female version. Despite having the same tune, Rahman has tried to make this as different as possible. Mohit scores once again with his urbane voice.

11. Sadda Haq: Ah! Finally we arrive at the most expected song. The promos of this song have scorched the screen and having been receiving rave reviews. So is the final product worth all the hype? OH YEAH! This song is all set to be the ‘Youth Anthem of the year’. Starts off with an anthemish feel, with deliberately slow vocals and male choir. The tension steadily builds up and then it explodes. With some overpowering distortion and drum beats the song throbs with limitless energy. Special thanks to the world-class guitarist Orianthi, who has been roped in by Rahman. The guitar interludes are extremely creative. This is a typical anti-establishment song that reminds us of the 70-80’s Rock era in the U.S. The lyrics are a major feature too. I especially loved these lines. “Kyun sach ka sabak sikhaye, jab sach sun bhi na paaye. Sach koi bole to tu, Niyam Kanoon bataye.Tera Dar, Tera Pyar, Teri wah Tuhi rakh.” Whose rough translation is “Why do you preach truth, when you cannot listen to it. And when someone tells the truth, you bind them with rules and laws. Keep your fear, love and appreciation to yourself damnit.” Epic.

12. Tango for Taj: The first of the two instrumentals. With some beautiful piano play, the accordion and the piano complement each other remarkably well. The piano sounds funny at some parts. The tune is very amusing. However, a nice one.

13. Dichotomy of fame: This is a jugalbandi between guitar and shehnai. The shehnai parts are beautiful with the guitar supporting it very well. However it could have been slightly longer.

14. Meeting place: This is a poem of Romi that is narrated by Ranbir Kapoor with mellow chords playing in the background. Nothing much to say.

This album is an epic creation. It has everything from Progressive rock to soft rock to hard rock to qawwalis, romantic numbers, folk music, haunting songs, Arabic, Spanish music. This album is a cornucopia of several musical styles and influences. Mohit Chauhan deserves special mention. This may well be the break away album for him. A.R.Rahman once again proves his genius. In future references, when there are discussions and arguments for India’s greatest composer ever, Rockstar may be one of those albums that might tilt the balance in Rahman’s favour.

Verdict: This album is a celebration of Rahman’s genius. Take a bow, Sir.

http://www.musicperk.com/rockstar/

A.ANAND
8th October 2011, 05:37 PM
By Satyajit, Glamsham Editorial

ROCKSTAR...ROCK MUSIC, A.R RAHMAN and what more to expect! Post TAAL (1999), this is the first major musical endeavor from the maestro in the league of musical-oriented entertainer that also brings out many commercially bankable names in the credits. This time director Imtiaz Ali, who had tremendous musical success in his last two flicks (JAB WE MET and LOVE AAJ KAL, both composed by Pritam), changes his loyalty to the great A.R Rahman, with a promise to allure international audiences with his style of composing.

ROCKSTAR is also special in a big way as it brings out the finest of international musicians in its baggage and packs a solid 14 original soundtracks in its audio packaging. Fuelled, inspired and displayed with immense passion and zeal, the music of ROCKSTAR is already anticipated with baited breath, as promos of songs like 'Saadda Haq', 'Katiya Karoon' and 'Jo bhi main' have clicked well with listeners. Can this album be the desired ROCKSTAR among its contemporaries? Will Rahmaniacs be blessed again with a chartbusting hit album? Let's get straight into the arena of this rollicking rock-music mania and gets the musical facts...

It starts where...it ended! Mohit Chauhan's soulful hue that was mesmerizing in mild tones in 'Dooriyan' (LOVE AAJ KAL) makes an echoing reappearance with tender-feel arrangements in beautifully composed 'Phir se udd chala'. Rahman's composing picks up an earthen modest melodic feel, exhibited cohesively in expressions in Irshad Kamil's lyrics, that gets amalgamated with techno-generated orchestrations and creates a 'lounge' feel ambience. Mohit's sonorously somber voice is paced amiably with soft displays of delectable mandolin notes, guitar riffs, synchronized electronic fillers and lovable chorals with hook-line ('tu-tu-tu-ru') that works brilliantly to conceptualized a desired dreamy situational feel. Unlike its 'yuppie' friendly title (ROCKSTAR), Rahman prefers a motivational musical start to the album that also sets a melodramatic prelude to the journey of 'rags-to-riches' of the lead protagonist. Soothing!!!

Arena-rock and the following crowd-pulling entourage are all out there to entertain and the first major jolt of 'rollicking' happenings on concert-floors comes in the form of 'Jo bhi main'. Light-hearted guitar strums, cool-mentholated breezy vocals, infectious drumming and hook-line ('Oh-ya-ya-ya...') brings out the zeal of a lively concert show. Mohit Chauhan's experiments this time with singing sounds of guitars, followed with his varying soothing baritones that strikes chords with the groovy rock-feel and enlightening chorals in the backdrop. For all those who have cherished numbers like 'Rock On' (ROCK ON) and 'Alvida' (LIFE IN A METRO), it will be a delight to hear Rahman getting into the soul of archetypical rock music with flair. Go for it!

Imtiaz Ali's stringent and passionate Punjabi affixation that was instrumental in making 'Thoda Thoda Pyar' (LOVE AAJ KAL), a feisty musical happening makes a positive recurrence in cherubic sounding 'Katiya Karoon'. Rahman brings out the crazy madness of 'Ting-a-ling-ling' of 'Rang De Basanti' (RANG DE BASANTI) in chirpy folksy tones of impressive Harshdeep Kaur with effective support of Sapna Awasthi. It's playfully romantic in nature and moves sporadically with catchy ethnical Punjabi instrumentals, Gujarati folk-fusion feel and earthen voice of Harshdeep Kaur. Rahman's composition sticks to the cultural roots rather than trying too hard on improvisations and delivers out a potential solo feminine romantic number.

Whether it was intrinsically Sufi 'Khwaja mere Khwaja' (JODHAA AKBAR) or divine 'Arziyan' (DELHI-6), there was a marvelous divinity in Rahman's composing that worked big times in impressing purists, critics and classy listeners. 'Kun Faya Hun', an ode to the greatness of Nizammudin Auliya in form of devotional 'qawalli', adds to this beautiful collection that has intense spiritual significance with soulful interaction with God Almighty. Irshad Kamil delivers the performance of a lifetime this time and should be proud of delivering it with finesse in a track that is not only difficult to write but also desires loads of literature strength. For the first time maestro A.R. Rahman comes behind the mike along with Javed Ali and Mohit Chauhan and renders it with sheer piousness. In terms of arrangements and composing, Rahman prefers a subtle traditionalism in instrumentals and maintains the soulful decorum of the great Nizammudin Auliya with immense grace and appeal. Rhythm-divine!!!

The music of ROCKSTAR takes a chill-pill and relaxes to some extent in situational sounding 'Sheher Mein'. It's a thematically driven simple number that takes an introspective view of 'recording-room' where singer practices with his lines, passes remarks and finally picks the desired 'sur'. Mohit Chauhan along with Kartik sings this light-hearted number and adds few jovial moments to this intense emotional saga.

ROCKSTAR takes an international explore in fast-paced salsa number 'Hawaa Hawaa', an impulsively composed dance number that brings an arrays of peculiar sounding instrumentals, foot-tapping sounds and varied pitched voices. This time Rahman enters into least explored genre in Hindi filmdom that was last heard in 'Udi' (GUZAARISH) and comes out with a vibrant melodic 'swirling-twirling' dancing feel. Mohit Chauhan's versatility in impersonating many moods and styles shows his genius that gets embroidered well with snazzy sounding back-up supports of Viviane Chaix, Tanvi Shah, Suvi Suresh and Shalini. It's a visually spectacle soundtrack and a 'tailor-made' dancing feast number for all TV reality dancing shows that should also work positively for a promising big-screen feast.

In terms of innovation and trans-culture foray, the next offering, 'Aur Ho', a melancholic offering in depressing tone, is the most brilliant attribute of the album. It brings on Alma Ferovic, a renowned Bosnian musical talent in soulful prelude that not only evoke pathos but sets an emotional melodic backdrop of a beautiful melody. Rahman's poignant sounding composition takes its emotional hues from Alma's international hit 'Srebernica' (song about Bosnian genocide tragedy) and reconnects with couple of his last sentimental hits like 'Behene De' (RAAVAN) and 'Satrangi re' (DIL SE). Mohit Chauhan's pensive vocals excel to supreme as it conquers every sentimental shade in its modulating tones. It's a great improvisation in mixing varied genres, singing styles where Irshad Kamil's meaningful lyrics ('Iss lamhe ko kar doon main jo mujhe chain mile aaraam mile, Aur ho aur ho saans ka shor ho aanch ki ore badhe...) adds to the evocative pathos of the track. Brilliant!!!

Hard-rock metal base musical binge returns with vengeance as it packs a punch of inspirational feel of pain and self-realization in 'Naadan Parindey'. This situational sounding number holds melodramatic importance as it swivels out the happening of events in the climax stages of the flick. Rahman's pensive mood singing leads this singing show that is blessed with contemporary hard-rock aesthetics where penchant drumming (Sivamani) and electric guitar blues (Sanjeev Thomas) deserves a special mention, a rollicking on-screen presence will surely makes this a hot commodity.

It's nice to hear back veteran like Kavita Subramanium (Krisnamurthy) in musically resounding album and she strikes back with a contemporary Bollywood's soft-hear romantic track 'Tum Ko'. The song primarily works on traditional instrumental works and later gets a major lift in Rahman's techno-improvised electronic beats and rhythms. As compared to earlier impressive set of numbers, it sounds routine but never run short of quality performances. Overall a decent-hear number and welcome return by Kavita Subramanium to the marquee.

ROCKSTAR...FINALLY! Heartbeats go wild; pulses are racing as the tempos are raised to hear the final countdown in album most ballistic, catchiest, and promising soundtrack titled 'Saadda Haq'. Hugely promoted and appreciated, this soundtrack packs a solid punch of distorted electric guitar riffs of Orianthi Panagaris (Australian guitarist, also featured in Michael Jackson 'This is it' tour) that not only sets a bombastic prelude but also leads a violent onslaught in the closing stages of the track. Materializing the present storm of revolutionary youthful tones, it's a rebellious outrage in its impressive lyrics ('Hey inn gadaaron mein ya udhaaron mein, Tum mere jeenay ki aadat ka kyun gott rahe dum...') paced with belligerent percussions (Oscar Seaton) that hits like tones of bricks in its loud roaring renditions. Mohit Chauhan screeches his lungs to extreme to depict the volatile set of emotions and delivers his finest of the album and promises this as one of the biggest hit of the year. This time Rahman hits the 'bull's eye' in hard-rock genre and promises a sure-shot chartbuster in weeks to come, a repeat on 'play' button will further fuel the passion for this track. Rocking!!!

Rahman promises this to be a 'one-man show' on vocals and catches the breezy Indi-pop tonality with his style of composing in mellifluously composed 'Tum Ho'. Mohit's sonorously tender vocals retraces back his 'Silk-Route' singing days where cool-mentholated romantic hues seeps through the contours of nimble-touched arrangements. This uber-cool soft-rock ballad brings on the suppleness of Suzanne D'Mello genteel choral humming, adding to the lovable chemistry, a worthy contribute for a delightful romantic evening. Lovable!!!

After vocals presentations, it's now the instrumentals that take over the proceeding and the first to arrive is 'Tango for Taj'. It's a fine display of classical European symphony display, where romantic emotions are displayed in synchronized works of piano drills, accordion works and violin notes, a perfect blend of philharmonic display, depicting out musically enriched caricature of the flick.

'Dichotomy of Fame', the second in series of instrumental, is Indian at heart and moves with fine display of customary shehnai (Balesh) and guitars (Kabuli). The striking feature is the enlightening shehnai works that moves serenely with the subtle moves of guitar strums to exude a desired theatrical background musical feel.

Finally, its Ranbir Kapoor rendering out one-liners in midst of light-hearted instrumental display, epitomizing out a gist or theme inspired from great Sufi poet Rumi in the final soundtrack 'The Meeting place'.

ROCKSTAR turns out to be a 'rockstar' among the present set of musical releases and lives up to its huge expectations. The striking point of the album is the quality inputs from international musicians (Orianthi Panagaris and Alma Ferovic) that have given it an enriched international outlook. A.R Rahman succeeds to a great extent in delivering out a potential rock-music album that not only entertains but also enlightens with its quality displays. It will surely give Mohit Chauhan a big boost in his singing career and will make him amongst the top most singers of Bollywood this year. ROCKSTAR rocks the listeners completely with tracks like 'Saadda Haq', 'Jo Bhi Main', 'Phir se udd chala' and 'Katiya Karoon' while the solace of soulfulness in tracks like 'Kun Fayan Kun', 'Aur Ho' and 'Tum Ho' will connect with the sensibilities of the listeners. After the delightful musical presence of RA.ONE, it will be ROCKSTAR that will be ruling the audio stands and will be enjoying big shelf-life in months to come. Grab it now...Happy Listening!!!

Worth-a-buy!

Rating - 4.5/5

http://www.glamsham.com/music/reviews/07-rockstar-music-review-101117.asp

KV
9th October 2011, 10:33 PM
NaadhAn parindhay... friggin superb! Mohit, for all his might in this album, comes a distant second to ARR's singing here; their voices gel quite nicely, though. Darn good bass and drums work too.
That small sangadhi by ARR in the 3rd line of the pallavi at parindhay, what loveliness :clap:

A.ANAND
10th October 2011, 05:43 AM
Sruthi Haasan, daughter of actor Kamal Haasan tweeted abt Sadda Haq

"In love obsessively with Sadda haq what a track!!!! 3 cheers !"

A.ANAND
10th October 2011, 06:37 AM
gvprakash tweeted: Kun faaya kun from rockstar rox !! And so does saddah haq !!! Commonnnn yeah !!!

A.ANAND
10th October 2011, 06:49 AM
VISHAL DADLANI tweeted:

Rockstar!! Rahman!! Irshadbhai!! Imtiaz!! Mohit!! Some songs take a few hearings to crawl under your skin, but once there...SUPERB!!

venkkiram
10th October 2011, 09:15 AM
'Dichotomy of Fame' - மெய் சிலிர்க்குதப்பா! என்ன ஒரு ஃயூஷன்! ஷெனாய் டிவைன்! இதுபோன்ற தேசிய பொக்கிஷங்களையெல்லாம் (எந்திரனில் சிட்டி பாடலில் வரும் ஜதி ..) உலக அரங்கில் பதிவு செய்கிற ரஹ்மானுக்கு பாராட்டுக்கள்.

(ஊர் நண்பரை அடுத்தவருடம் பார்ப்பேன் என நினைக்கிறேன். அப்போது அவரிடம் ஷெனாயிற்கு பதிலாக நாதஸ்வரத்தை வாசிக்கச் சொல்லி அக மகிழனும்)

KV
10th October 2011, 11:49 AM
Dhun thOdi si choot rahi hai...
tarara.. DWOOONFF... tarara...TTTAAAHHHH... tarara.. DWOOONFF :rotfl2:

ajaybaskar
10th October 2011, 11:59 AM
Sheher Main is rocking!!

satissh_r
10th October 2011, 12:29 PM
Dhun thOdi si choot rahi hai...
tarara.. DWOOONFF... tarara...TTTAAAHHHH... tarara.. DWOOONFF :rotfl2:

The way it is said reminds me of Anu Malik..

lancelot
10th October 2011, 12:46 PM
Can someone shed some light on what they are talking about in Sheher Main? for us non hindi people :)

wizzy
10th October 2011, 12:50 PM
^translation
http://www.bollymeaning.com/2011/10/sheher-mein-hoon-main-tere-lyrics.html

A.ANAND
11th October 2011, 05:44 PM
AR Rahman creates magic with Rockstar music!

http://daily.bhaskar.com/article/ENT-ar-rahman-creates-magic-with-rockstar-music-2494057.html

lancelot
11th October 2011, 06:23 PM
^translation
http://www.bollymeaning.com/2011/10/sheher-mein-hoon-main-tere-lyrics.html

thank you :)

A.ANAND
11th October 2011, 07:41 PM
Rockstar music tops international charts

Post Slumdog Millionaire and Satyameva Jayate, the Mozart of Madras AR Rahman has struck gold again with his new album for Imtiaz Ali’s new film starring Ranbir Kapoor
Imtiaz Ali’s Rockstar grew into a mammoth project the moment AR Rahman’s name was associated with it – this was probably one of the best things to happen to the film. The genre of rock music used in the OST is not very popular in India, but Rahman’s magic has worked big time, not only here, but the world over. The album is now number one on the US World Charts and number two in UK Charts. This is a huge feat for a Bollywood film and the credit goes to Rahman, who has composed 14 spectacular songs that make for delightful listening. But the story goes that thanks to his busy schedule Rahman almost said no to the director. When Imtiaz approached Rahman, the maestro instantly said, “Oh my God, I have no time! There is no way I can do this, but I will do it. I want to do it.” At that time Rahman was in the thick of a hundred commitments – recording in LA, performing at concerts, jamming with SuperHeavy, writing for Hollywood, Bollywood and Tamil movies. But he agreed…and did his superlative best. Evidently Rahman’s instinctive reaction about the movie was right, as his work is now topping the charts not only in US and UK, but also in other parts of the world, including France, Germany and Australia. We are excitedly waiting to watch the film this November.

http://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip/rockstar-music-tops-international-charts/

A.ANAND
13th October 2011, 04:50 AM
MAKING OF SADDAQ

http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/news/i-rockstar-i-ranbir-captivates-crowd/213462

A.ANAND
13th October 2011, 04:52 AM
http://www.apunkachoice.com/content/article/sid100006858-rockstar_music_review/

Rockstar - Music review

‘Rockstar’ songs are mindblowing

By Usha Lakra

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find. Why we are using this age-old Biblical adage? Because we craved for a musical cadeau and Imtiaz Ali and A R Rahman have fulfilled our yearning. Yes, Rockstar is a musical film in the swarm of masala capers, so who else than the maestro himself to compose la musique.

Teaming up for the first time for Rockstar, the director-music composer duo has some memorable, melodious tunes up their sleeves. Now, we will get on to what makes the Rockstar album truly rocking.

Music enthusiasts who know nothing but Bollywood music are also reveling in the music of the tracks Kun Faya Kun, Saadda Haq and the recently released Tum Ho, which are not tangy in tradition of hit Bollywood ditties. But let us tell you, it’s just the beginning; the rest of the songs will take you on a new journey, like the hero of the film Ranbir Kapoor, who explores himself in exile.

Ready to dive in! The album bustles with fourteen original sound tracks, and oh! goodness, no remixes.

The first track in the album is Phir Se Udd Chala. The song instantly clicks with you because of its zingy music and its frequent high and low notes. The song is unpredictable in its composition and in the latter half there is a sudden outburst of energy with Mohit Chauhan’s voice touching the pinnacle note. When the song ends, you can feel the void within, while music nourishes your senses.

The next track is an acoustic treat for the music listeners as well as players. Jo Bhi Main is on the lines of Indi-rock songs with a smattering of classical singing. Mohit Chauhan’s subdued vocals reek with emotive appeal.

Straight from Punjab la-la land is ding-a-ling-ling! The album introduces a female voice, finally. Here is the immensely popular track Katiyan Karoon in the voice of Harshdeep Kaur and Sapna Awasthi. We know you people have had enough of it, as the romantic song is being extensively used for the promotion and also to portray the romance between the lead pair Ranbir Kapoor and Nargis Fakhri amidst snow and flowers. Though the folksy number starts slowly, it takes hardly a second or so to grip you with its frisky tune. Did you ever embrace the bright morning standing in an open field and looking at the rising sun? The song is like a wisp of fresh breeze, rejuvenating you with its mellow tune.

Here is the music for your soul and not just for ears. Kun Faya Kun, the Arabic phrase which means ‘Be! And it is’. One will feel a better person when Kun Faya Kun plays; soak in its spirituality and immerse yourself in pure music. Isn’t this experience priceless? Rahman along with Javed Ali and Mohit Chauhan have together weaved the magic in this song with their unique and versatile voices. Many may compare this track of Rahman with Khwaja Mere Khwaja from Jodhaa Akbar or Arziyaan in Delhi 6, but the number is in a different league because of its earthiness and it spellbinds you with its light music. It’s easy on ears and even a pedestrian can relate to the song.

With a hint of pop music, Sheher Mein sounds like one of the pop songs Indian singers were busy churning during the golden days of pop albums. But there is a difference; since it is created by Rahman, the varied sounds in the track tug at your heart creating a psychedelic effect.

Hear Hawaa Hawaa and sense the drama, and tension. At the start it is mellifluous like a festive Spanish jingle but soon the track transforms into a pensive song. The haunting high-pitched note in the latter half of the song gives you an eerie feeling. One might get the feel of watching a dance-drama in a theatre.

The song Aur Ho comes with a Bosnian connection. Singer Alma Ferovic of Bosnia, who is famous for her track ‘Srebrenica’, teams up with Rahman and sings alongside Mohit Chauhan to deliver Aur Ho. The song which expresses pain and anguish is strictly a situational track but created with profound thoughts. Up for some instrumental piece? The album has Tango for Taj with a western-classical influence.

You can hear Kavita Krishnamurthy after a long time in a Bollywood song as she croons with her impressive voice the song Tum Ko. The song has other variant in the voice of Mohit Chauhan. Both the songs establish Rahman’s expertise in creating soulful romantic numbers. But a sense of déjà vu creeps in as the music of the song sounds similar to the once popular track Tu Hi Toh Mera Dost Hai from the film Yuvvraaj. But, for the lost-in-love souls, a romantic number like Tum Ho is no less a souvenir for keeps.

The Rockstar album is not without its rock blues. The flight of a fledgling and its homecoming, Nadaan Parinde is a dynamic composition with crispy blues. You can listen to it again and again.

At last, the two fabulous tracks of the album - Tum Ho and Saadda Haq: if one is fanciful, the other is fantastic. Both the songs are relatively different but will leave you in whirlwind of emotions. Saadda Haq is feisty and fiery and also introduces the wonderful young guitarist Orianthi from Australia, who is also a musician and song-writer. Now you know why Saadda Haq bowled you over!

As Shakespeare once penned, “if music be the food of love, play on…” Alas! even the excess of it is not going to satiate the craving.

We won’t pick the best, as the whole album is an experience. Savor it.

Rating - 4.5 stars out of 5

Bala (Karthik)
14th October 2011, 02:26 PM
Just started...
- Definitely needs more listens to let the songs do their magic
- Ippodhaikku Naadhaan Parindhey, Sheher Mein, Kun Faya Kun manasula ottikichu
- I can't get to like Mohit's voice as much as i liked it in Masakkali. Edho idikkidhu

Bala (Karthik)
14th October 2011, 02:44 PM
Nadaan Parindey - Thalaivar just knocks it out of the park with his singing 8-)
Mohit is a drishti pottu to ARR's voice in this song

Bala (Karthik)
14th October 2011, 03:00 PM
Hawa Hawa is instantly likeable. Peeling away at the layers is for later :musicsmile:

littlemaster1982
14th October 2011, 04:28 PM
I can't get to like Mohit's voice as much as i liked it in Masakkali. Edho idikkidhu

Mohit is a drishti pottu to ARR's voice in this song

I felt his voice is strained when he goes high pitch. Almost to the level of breaking.

SoftSword
14th October 2011, 05:21 PM
Mohit is a drishti pottu to ARR's voice in this songHonestly am not very fond of his voice been used for most of the songs... but now started liking it... or maybe got used to it... especially i like it when his verses sound so unlike hindi....But nadhaan parindey is a beast.. ghar aaja... ghar aaja... by arr traps u from the first listen but has more depth in it which u keep exploring everytime u listen... for me it stands only next to aromale....Oh what ups and downs and twists and turns... without putting indicator... but neither u hear a screaching sound nor u jerk in inertia from ur seat... its smooth and weird at the sametime...Smooth like when u suck a long strand of chinese noodles hanging from ur lips... uff...

raghavendran
14th October 2011, 05:49 PM
actually even i felt the same about Mohit being used in all songs,used to it now..he has blasted in Saadda haq..amazing rendition...Naadanla Bala solradha i yam agree....AR full song padinda semmathiya irundhirkum..

raghavendran
14th October 2011, 05:58 PM
Ranbir Kapoor talks about the music of Rockstar
In his forthcoming film Imtiaz Ali's Rockstar, Ranbir Kapoor plays a musician Janardhan Jakhad and the film traces his journey from his early days in college to attaining cult status as Jordan - the Rockstar. The film has a refreshing soundtrack with as many as 14 different tracks composed by none other than Academy Award winner A.R.Rahman with lyrics by Irshad Kamil. Ranbir has indeed got in to the skin of the character for this role and the actor was even actively involved during the music sittings with A.R.Rahman. With music being the strong point of the film, Bollywood Hungama's Nikhil Ramsubramaniam caught up with Ranbir Kapoor and asked the young actor to give his take on each of the 14 tracks in the album. This one is a first of its kind RK interview...So Read on...

Katiya Karun (Harshdeep Kaur. Additional Vocals- Sapna Awasthi)

'Katiya Karun' is the fun song in the film where Heer (Nargis) wants to just have a blast. She tells Janardhan, "Bahot Gandh Machaani Hai". She along with Janardhan make a list of all the kaands that they want to do in Delhi be it drinking desi daru, watching a C-grade film called 'Jungli Jawani', or dancing in a shady night club. The inspiration of this song actually comes from a very famous pop artist in Punjab called Miss Pooja. She is a local favourite with a lot of truck drivers for her unique style and orchestration. The way Mr. Rahman has interpreted Imtiaz's vision is something remarkable and I am glad that people are liking it.
o Bhi Main (Mohit Chauhan)

'Jo Bhi Main' is the first song in the film; it's the opening title sequence. The song depicts the entire journey of Janardhan Jakhad aka Jordan spanning 8 - 10 years. You see my character in different get-ups and looks in this song. The lyrics of the song are very close to the character- "Jo Bhi Main Kehna Chahoon Barbaad Kare Alfaaz Mere". What he is trying to say is that there are so many thoughts going on in my head which I want to share with the world but the moment I put it in words, it spoils the thought and people start attacking me. I think it is the apt start to the film. It has a very Freddie Mercury kind of feel to it and sung beautifully by Mohit Chauhan. The 'Ya Ya Ya' portions weren't part of the song initially and it was improvised by Mr. Rahman during the recording to give the song a more interactive feel.

Kun Faya Kun (A.R.Rahman, Javed Ali, Mohit Chauhan)

'Kun Faya Kun' is a very important song in the film. The situation is that Janardhan Jakhad has been thrown out of his house and he takes shelter in a 'dargah'. The 5-6 months which he spends in the 'dargah' give him an out of the ordinary, spiritual experience. Mr.Rahman as we all know is himself a very spiritual person and the words 'Kun Faya Kun' are the opening lines of the Holy Quran which means 'Be and it Became'. We shot the song over a span of 6 nights at the Nizamuddin dargah and interacted with the local qawalls and by the end of it; it was a spiritual experience for all of us.

Hawaa Hawaa (Mohit Chauhan. Additional Vocals- Viviane, Tanvi Shah, Suvi Suresh, Shalini)

This song features when Janardhan Jakhad collaborates with some musicians in Prague. It's a fun song where Heer and Janardhan decide to go crazy in Prague so in a way it's like the next level of 'Katiya Karun' but set in Prague. Heer wants to see a strip show, go and make fun of the prostitutes and do many such weird things with Janardhan. The song has a very different tempo to it and is based on a Czech folklore. In a way, it's very apt for Heer's character who is bound by certain social norms but when she meets this boy Janardhan Jakhad, she lets go of all her inhibitions.

Aur Ho (Mohit Chauhan, Alma Ferovic)

'Aur Ho' had started off as a heartbeat song. It's a passionate song between this boy and girl who don't really understand what's happening between them yet share a fascinating physical and emotional connect which doesn't allow them to stay away from each other. They can't keep away from touching and kissing each other. This song was also shot in Prague.

Saadda Haq (Mohit Chauhan, Orianthi on Guitars)

We had a situation in the film where there is a shift in the main protagonist's character. He is very angry with the society. He believes we are who we are because of the way we are born and society has no right to tell us what is right and what is wrong. There is a lot of angst in the character at this point and this is the time when he starts growing as an artist. The greatness of music and poetry starts growing in him and he expresses his angst through this song 'Saadda Haq Aithe Rakh'. The phrase is very catchy and means 'What my right is put it in front of me'. Besides another highlight of the song is the brilliant guitar solo piece by the very talented Orianthi who has worked with the likes of Michael Jackson.

Sheher Main (Mohit Chauhan, Karthik)

Actually, 'Sheher Mein' is a scene in the film where Janardhan Jakhad has been taken to record a B-grade music album. He is asked to sing in a very mediocre way which he finds it really difficult to. He tries to bring in his own style which the producers of the album don't quite approve of. They want him to sing it in the typical clichéd way. It was Rahman's idea to turn this scene into a song and I think it's turned out fabulously well.

Nadaan Parinde (A.R.Rahman, Mohit Chauhan)

'Nadaan Parinde' is the final concert in the film. I think it's a fitting end to the character and the love story. For all these 10 years, the protagonist has been searching for true love and music and when he finally wants it come back to him, it's too late. It starts off with Mr.Rahman singing and Sivamani has orchestrated the rhythm and beats really well. This song kind of left us empty when we shot it. Rather than talking much about it, I would like people to experience it in the theatres because it has been a one of a kind experience.

Phir Se Ud Chala (Mohit Chauhan)

This is actually my favourite song in the film and it's the first song which we recorded. If you notice the structure of the song, it's very different from your typical song. There are no antras and the journey the song takes is very seamless. The way it has been sung and written is really poetic. We haven't yet released the video as we can't seem to cut one minute out of this song. It's one of those songs where you either show the whole song in totality or you don't.

Tum Ho (Mohit Chauhan, Suzanne D'Mello)

'Tum Ho' is like the soft-rock romantic song of the film. It appears during the end-credits. You get to see the various phases of romance between Jordan and Heer in this song. Imtiaz had actually conceived how this song would be picturised even before it was recorded. I remember seeing his notebook long back and he had every shot, sequence of this song already written. This song is really close to Imtiaz's heart and the song has been shot in parts throughout the making of the film.

The Dichotomy of Fame (Featuring Balesh on Shehnai & Kabuli on Guitars)

This is a jugalbandi between shehnai and guitar. It was my good fortune as an actor to do a jugalbandi with the great Mr. Shammi Kapoor in a recording studio where he plays the shehnai and I play the guitar. He can see the pain and angst in me while I play music. Mr. Shammi Kapoor's character is the only character in the film who actually understands Janardhan Jakhad's talent and feelings.

Meeting Place (Ranbir Kapoor based on a poem by Rumi)

This again was last minute addition and it was Mr. Rahman's idea. Imtiaz is a big fan of Rumi and the love story is inspired in many ways by Rumi's poems on love. The lines go 'Pata Hai, Yahan Se Bahut Door, Sahi Aur Galat Ke Paar, Ek Maidan Hai, Main Wahan Miloonga Tujhe'. It's basically saying, all our lives society didn't allow us to be together but beyond all this there is a place that we will meet eventually forever. I hope people get the in-depth meaning in this verse.

Tum Ko (Kavita Subramaniam)

'Tum Ko' is like the reprise version of 'Tum Ho'. It's from Heer's point of view and how she looks at the love story. This song came after the film was over and is used in the background. It's a lovely song sung beautifully by the great Kavita Krishnamoorthyji. It's nice that her fans will get to hear her after a long time

Tango for Taj (Instrumental)

'Tango for Taj' is Heer's introduction shot in the film. It's when Janardhan finally finds the girl who can break his heart. He sees her performing this tango sequence in college and falls for her.

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/slideshow/2011/10/14/993/index7.html

sathya_1979
14th October 2011, 07:47 PM
ippOvE moththa kadhaiyum sollittaa epdi? :banghead:

Benny Lava
16th October 2011, 08:37 PM
I felt his voice is strained when he goes high pitch. Almost to the level of breaking.

Yea, I agree... his voice didn't hold up at many places or he chose to sing within himself at other places. I guess the idea of going for Mohit Chauhan was to get a raw voice, to not sound like a classically trained or well rounded voice.

Parthyy
17th October 2011, 08:33 AM
Superb album
Sadda haq,Phis Se,Jo Bhi main,nadaan,Tum Ho continously in loop...

A.ANAND
20th October 2011, 06:37 AM
http://nazaronline.net/arts/2011/10/rockstar-a-music-review/

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/music-review-sadda-haq-excels-in-rockstar/194486-8-66.html

A.ANAND
20th October 2011, 06:42 AM
raja sen tweets about rockstar music

Your dedication, sir, astounds me :) I absolutely loved it, and it healed me quicker. Happy? RT @athulct Rockstar music review pleeeaase. :(

MADDY
20th October 2011, 03:42 PM
The Dichotomy of Fame - bliss
Sheher mein is so original, free flowing and not bound by AR's recent "compulsory xperiment process"
Naadan parindey - Rahman portions and even MC's are good.......only song with some catchy melody lines in the album i guess.....and the guitar riffs towards the end - thalaiva engayo poiteenga
katiya karun - another song, AR lets go in its own way

other songs i feel, there is lot of push - let me listen some more times and decide :D

A.ANAND
21st October 2011, 01:25 AM
Nadaan Parindey (Rockstar

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/broadband/video/Movie-Promos/H8qmTH29/3/Nadaan-Parindey-Rockstar.html

KV
21st October 2011, 05:22 PM
One of the voices in Katiya karUn has a strong resemblance to Maathangi (azhagiya asura, etc), in both, style of singing and sound.

ajaybaskar
21st October 2011, 06:26 PM
Azhagiya Asura was crooned by Anitha.

Mahen
21st October 2011, 07:56 PM
Mathangi sang Til til italy kattil :)

KV
21st October 2011, 09:01 PM
Jeesh, sodhappalai mannikkavum. I should've written kichukichu manisha (the combo I had in mind was Mathangi+Imman).

A.ANAND
23rd October 2011, 08:46 PM
Team Rockstar Unplugged

Read more at: http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/ndtv-special-ndtv-24x7/team-i-rockstar-i-unplugged/214386&cp

sathya_1979
28th October 2011, 05:37 AM
http://www.rediff.com/movies/report/rahman-goes-all-out-for-rockstar/20111027.htm

(http://www.rediff.com/movies/report/rahman-goes-all-out-for-rockstar/20111027.htm)Rahman goes all out for (http://www.rediff.com/movies/report/rahman-goes-all-out-for-rockstar/20111027.htm)Rockstar

For the first time in his career, AR Rahman will perform live in concert for his movie.

It isn't very often that one gets to see the publicity shy AR Rahman in concert.

Rahman himself has never played at a concert to promote the movie for which he's done the music. So we'd love to know what Imitaz Ali might've said to him to get him to perform live in Mumbai for a special Rockstar concert in Mumbai.

What's more? Unlike most high profile concerts where you have to burn a rather large hole in your pocket, this one's for free!

Organisers of the concert have been distributing free passes to the show that will be held in the Bhavan's College grounds in Mumbai's suburb of Andheri.

The concert happening on 1 November will have Rahman performing along with his long time associates -- Ranjit Barot, the music arranger and Sivamani the percussion master.

Also starring in the show will be Mohit Chauhan who is Ranbir Kapoor's voice in the film, Nargis Fakhri, the leading lady and Kapoor himself.

Ramakrishna
29th October 2011, 03:58 PM
When is the movie releasing?

satissh_r
29th October 2011, 06:43 PM
When is the movie releasing?

raghavendran
29th October 2011, 08:42 PM
budget is 70 cr it seems

Sunil_M88
1st November 2011, 06:29 AM
Rockstar Concert Press Meet - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EjMDBCqOU8

Imtiaz ali refers to Rahman ji as a giant umbrella under which the whole cast and crew is standing. :clap:

Rahman ji's giggle at 0.39 is so cute and at 1.08 onwards you can hear his version of "Oh ye ye" portion from Jo Bhi Mein.

A.ANAND
1st November 2011, 08:40 AM
Rockstar Concert Press Meet - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EjMDBCqOU8

Imtiaz ali refers to Rahman ji as a giant umbrella under which the whole cast and crew is standing. :clap:

Rahman ji's giggle at 0.39 is so cute and at 1.08 onwards you can hear his version of "Oh ye ye" portion from Jo Bhi Mein.

thanx sunil sir!

sathya_1979
2nd November 2011, 06:04 AM
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/emotional-turmoil-is-essential--ar-rahman/198244-45.html

(http://ibnlive.in.com/news/emotional-turmoil-is-essential--ar-rahman/198244-45.html)Was so overworked thought I would die: AR RahmanMumbai: It's the final day for rehearsals for the Rockstar concert in Mumbai. But A R Rahman looks a little distracted.
"Please, can all these people with cameras in their hands move out of the room..... we need to finish this and we have just a few hours," he snaps.
Ever since his Oscars, Rahman has been shuttling between LA and Chennai and clearly life has never been the same. In an exclusive interview with Mid-Day, the maestro talks candidly about his deepest pains...

You've composed 14 songs for your latest film. The last time we saw those many tracks on one album was for 'Hum Aapke Hain Kaun'..!
Rockstar is about the evolution of a character from India and the songs tell his story. I have seen many Indian kids from middle-class families turning into rock musicians. After a point they hit a wall. The songs in this film track that journey. To depict the emotional catharsis a rockstar undergoes was the biggest challenge for me.

Is that emotional turmoil essential to create good music?
It's essential for any artiste. You have to be suppressed first, to be able to come out of it. Life's boring and mundane otherwise. For musicians it's easy to visit that pain because all you have to do is go to a particular raga.
Have you been to a point in life where you think it couldn't get worse?
Everyday. I can't explain, but everyday there's something that pains you. That's why I've tried to stay away from both happiness and sadness.
How do you manage time away from your kids?
Last year has been so hectic.
I was so overworked that I thought I was going to die. I want my kids to have a father, at least for some time. That's why I have had to reject many offers. I've stuck to Rockstar and just one other Hollywood film.
Will we ever see epic soundtracks like Lagaan or Rang De Basanti again?
I think the effort has to be wholesome. I can't just create beautiful songs, and expect them to work. If there is no story to back them, they won't stay.
It's been a new theme for you. You've never done rock music for Bollywood before...
I consciously kept away from using distorted guitars and heavy snazzy music. But I have done it here. Plus most songs are acoustic, so even if people don't relate to rock, they would enjoy them.
Is Ranbir a good rockstar?
Well Ranbir is a much better actor. He has been very enthusiastic and arrives at rehearsals promptly. I'm sure he'll look back 20 years from now and feel proud of this experience.
You're gearing up for yet another world tour and also working with the likes of Mick Jagger. Will we see less and less of AR Rahman?
There's a lot to learn from Hollywood, plus there is a lot to impart. I will only work with people who I feel understand my music.
...Like Danny Boyle?
Yes, like Danny. But I am not sure of his next film. He also has another music group called The Underground that he works with.
His Rockstar team says...
Ranbir Kapoor, actor: "I spent a lot of time at Rahman sir's studio and his home. He doesn't have a chip on his shoulder. So I was very comfortable. We'd discuss everything from cars to gadgets!"
Mohit Chauhan, singer: "I spent an entire day trying to record Sadda Haq with Rahman saab. But couldn't get it right. The next day, I did a take when he was yet to arrive and it sounded perfect. He told Imtiaz, 'May be Mohit doesn't like me.'"

A.ANAND
2nd November 2011, 06:42 AM
Rockstar live in Concert Rehearsals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYiIxNhOhH8&feature=share

Sunil_M88
2nd November 2011, 05:32 PM

Rahman ji at 'Rockstar' live concert

Sunil_M88
3rd November 2011, 12:05 AM
AR Rahman: ‘Rockstar’ is not my best work

For the first time ever, AR Rahman performed live for a film promotion event for Rockstar. An excerpt from a chat with the maestro..

Is Rockstar AR Rahman’s best album yet? The music maestro didn’t have a clear answer when we asked him that just after the Rockstar concert in Mumbai last evening. Trying to laugh it off, he said, “I don’t know. I’ve not done this kind of music before. But it’s teamwork again. There’s a lot of inspiration…. Imtiaz (Ali) and me, we have been discussing the Rockstar story for the past four years. Then we had a break and the whole story took a turn. We thought we’ll make it more accessible to our Indian audience. Y’know, some people don’t care about rock and some people care about it too much. So, we had to find a balance in the music. Because it’s about a desi guy who becomes a rockstar not out of choice, but…(circumstances).”

So, which is his favourite song from Rockstar? “Saadda Haq,” said Rahman. As for the concert, the music maestro was surprised that the audience knew more about the songs than his team did. “They were not rehearsed, but they were singing along. So it was a great experience,” he said.

The composer was all praise for lead star Ranbir Kapoor in the film. “He’s learnt most of the guitar…and the last 20 minutes of Rockstar is amazing!” said ARR, refusing to reveal more about the film. But we do know that the general response for the music of Rockstar across the world has been phenomenal. “It has been very good,” said Rahman modestly. But the purists are asking ‘Where is the rock in it?’, he added, tongue-in-cheek humour about his own work in evidence, as always.

We have been eager to know more about Imtiaz’s new film starring Ranbir Kapoor and newcomer Nargis Fakhri. But now, after the concert, we cannot wait for the movie to release next week!

source: http://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip/ar-rahman-rockstar-is-not-my-best-work/

Sunil_M88
3rd November 2011, 12:09 AM
Saadda haq from 'Rockstar' live concert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kWXsryGlSGs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kWXsryGlSGs

A.ANAND
4th November 2011, 06:48 AM
KUN FAYA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_DvBvc0F6s

A.ANAND
4th November 2011, 06:48 AM
Backstage at the Rockstar concert

Read more at: http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/news/backstage-at-the-i-rockstar-i-concert/215089&cp

http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/news/backstage-at-the-i-rockstar-i-concert/215089

A.ANAND
4th November 2011, 06:58 AM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150451455368083&set=vb.599113082&type=2&theater

A.ANAND
5th November 2011, 02:36 AM
HAWA HAWA PROMO

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/broadband/video/Movie-Promos/LvNjnD69/1/Haawa-Haawa-Rockstar.html

A.ANAND
5th November 2011, 02:23 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/1zx2vbb.jpg

A.ANAND
6th November 2011, 07:13 PM
MAKING OF R.S SONG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xDE2sW4_ks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_W6YT_0x7w&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpUs-_SlH10&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjSNQOPcS-Y&feature=related

venkkiram
7th November 2011, 10:18 AM
Thanks Anand for sharing the making videos. Those are really good and making everyone to look forward on how the whole movie would be on screen. I always rate Bollywood high in respecting lyricists and enriching songs with beautiful meaning. Every time, every new director team up with ARR.. still holding the same torch "passion about quality lyric".

A.ANAND
7th November 2011, 02:01 PM
ROCSTAR MUSIC CONCERT

720P HD Quality

Youtube
part 1 - http://orphanvids.info/youtube1.php?file=3766
part 2 - http://orphanvids.info/youtube1.php?file=3767
part 3 - http://orphanvids.info/youtube1.php?file=3768
part 4 - http://orphanvids.info/youtube1.php?file=3769

Dailymotion
part 1 - http://orphanvids.info/daily1.php?file=3762
part 2 - http://orphanvids.info/daily1.php?file=3765

Zshare
part 1- http://theinsurancelist.info/demovidsflv.php?id=957255590e53181c/
part 2 - http://theinsurancelist.info/demovidsflv.php?id=95726233225d61a5/

DVD Quality

Youtube
part 1 - http://orphanvids.info/youtube1.php?file=3756
part 2 - http://orphanvids.info/youtube1.php?file=3757
part 3 - http://orphanvids.info/daily1.php?file=3758
part 4 - http://orphanvids.info/youtube1.php?file=3759

Zshare
Part 1 - http://theinsurancelist.info/demovidsflv.php?id=95722575da3f4dbc
part 2 - http://theinsurancelist.info/demovidsflv.php?id=957229358458c746/
part 3 - http://theinsurancelist.info/demovidsflv.php?id=95723527fd81a665/
part 4 - http://theinsurancelist.info/demovidsflv.php?id=95723750c80fc873/

Alternate zshare
part 1 - http://www.zshare.net/video/95722575da3f4dbc/
part 2 - http://www.zshare.net/video/957229358458c746/
part 3 - http://www.zshare.net/video/95723527fd81a665/
part 4 - http://www.zshare.net/video/95723750c80fc873/

All the credit to niksonl from apnicommunity.

THANKS;ARRYG

A.ANAND
7th November 2011, 02:04 PM
http://rahman360.com/?p=4749

littlemaster1982
7th November 2011, 03:29 PM
ROCSTAR MUSIC CONCERT

720P HD Quality

:ty: :ty: Anand.

Mahen
7th November 2011, 04:37 PM
movie releasing this week rite? i first day 2nd show ya :)

Sunil_M88
7th November 2011, 07:28 PM
Anand sir, thanks a lot. :clap:

Just seen the first link and really feel Naveen ji's flute in Phir se ud chala should have featured in the ost.

Sunil_M88
8th November 2011, 05:25 AM
Interview by A.R.Rahman before Rockstar Concert Mumbai To NDTV - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtiBQ6gCdUw

sathya_1979
12th November 2011, 01:03 PM
Whattay Movie! Ranbir, great natural, pinnittadaa thambi! Housefull in Dallas! Great response from Audience!

raghavendran
12th November 2011, 01:48 PM
hearing good things...pathe aganum

Mahen
12th November 2011, 02:03 PM
Movie didnt work for me..It was bad IMO..erratic screenplay, weak characterization of Janardhan etc..How on earth he became a mega rockstar as most of the times he was seen jalsa-ing with Nargis...And the theory 'feel the pain to be a great musician' was silly imo..At least antha theory vachi oru convincing story sollalam but the story just went haywire..At least Boys was more believable than this..And ARRs songs were wasted..many songs were chopped off and sometimes i wonder whether the hero is in india/prague etc..Nargis was hopeless..Ranbeer was ok in the 1st half but second half :banghead: his so called rockstar image and body language was a joke..The best part of the movie was the 1st 20mins and the last 5 mins esp the visuals of tum ho :bow: middle ellam big time sothapal

Im not surprised to see mixed reviews..padam nalla oduna, i'll be happy for ARR :)

ajaybaskar
12th November 2011, 02:36 PM
:-( Enna ipdi sollitteenga?

wizzy
12th November 2011, 03:49 PM
120rs AR concert..Imtiaz should have atleast played the songs in its entirety :)..

Mahen
12th November 2011, 04:33 PM
:-( Enna ipdi sollitteenga?
big disappointment ajay :( you can check some other reviews as well except TOI :) Naane oru sucker for lovuu stories, still i didnt like the movie at all..And the intense love btw the lead pair kuda enaku suthama pidikile (i loved vtv/7g etc).simply because the heroine was already married :banghead: RS had traces of love aaj kal as well (saif going crazy over deepika)

MADDY
12th November 2011, 05:36 PM
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/masand-rockstar-deserves-a-watch/201503-47.html

Masand: 'Rockstar' deserves a watch

http://www.rediff.com/movies/review/review-how-did-raja-sen-rate-rockstar/20111111.htm

A Rockstar worth rooting for

http://www.rediff.com/movies/review/review-rockstar-is-more-devdas-than-jim-morrison/20111111.htm

Review: Rockstar is more Devdas than Jim Morrison

http://www.rediff.com/movies/review/review-rockstar-is-flawed-but-fabulous/20111111.htm

Review: Rockstar is flawed, but fabulous

i expected it to be a VTV that will detail on events post aaromale i.e more of life story than love story, but Imtiaz stays within his territory of louuuu............though the storyline and sequences give the feel "idhellam payanangal mudivadhillai, salaingai oli-le paathuttom daa", im hoping for Imtiaz to have given something more than that.......but watever be the BO verdict, Rockstar soundtrack is a absolute memoir from thalaivar to savor for yrs to come :D

Sunil_M88
12th November 2011, 06:02 PM
As much as I hate the picturization of each song I equally love it and this is
how I feel about the whole movie as well.

Surprisingly, I have seen all Imtiaz Ali and *Ranbir Kapoor films (*Excluding
Anjaana Anjaani and I haven't finished Raajneeti yet). This wasn't my intention
but it just happened by chance. These two have always had good music in most of
their projects, i.e. I still listen to Yara Rab from Socha Na Tha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lHj6LhvSwY . My first encounter with Rockstar
(FYI was back in 2006, way before Rock On/London Dreams and all other Bollywood
films featuring the Rock genre started entering the scene) was through a website
called arr4music. (Read: John Abraham as Jordan) – Follow link -
http://www.arr4music.com/details.html#rockstar Sadly as of 2009 the website has
not been updated, this clearly proves that this project has been in the pipeline
for a number of years. Yes Rock On/London Dreams did give rise to my
expectations, I like these albums a lot but to say I love them would be too much
of an extreme word, hehe.

Over the recent years, articles about this movie were spreading across net, some
stated that Pritam Da has been replaced as the composer by Rahman ji but I
believe that this was false news as Rahman ji was always the initial choice, yes
he might of had date problems and maybe that's the reason behind the movie
getting its due now. I respect Imtiaz for not changing Rahman ji as the Music
Director due to date issues (If there were any?). Some directors change cast and
crew due to lack of time but here Imtiaz was probably sure that he always wanted
Rahman ji for a film like this.

So when this project was final, I was a bit was skeptical about the music being
fully submerged with Rock (Not that I minded). When I first saw the trailer my
expectations for the movie were slightly watered down but thankfully the album
surpassed my expectations and every song still continues to deliver surprises. I
felt the movie has a huge task ahead of it as it can either match the album or
pale in front of it. I didn't know what to expect from this movie from here
onwards and all I knew was I will only watch this movie for my Idol and best
friend, Rahman ji.

¾ of the movie had gone and I felt just slightly above neutral about the movie.
I only realized the intensity of the movie when Nargis *Spoiler Alert* goes into
treatment. The ending might seem a bit haywire for some. During the movie I
sensed that Imtiaz Ali is somewhat similar to Gautam Vasudevan in terms that
both these directors have nostalgia brought forward from their previous movies.
In all Imtiaz Ali movies, the main couple of his films always have some sort of
a distance or a third person falling in to form a love triangle. It could be
that these two directors are trying to portray a message about their own
experiences in life.

Ranbir Kapoor has done similar roles in the past in the sense he'll go to any
length to win the heart of his love, but then again that's Indian Cinema for
you. However, here is no question on his talent, skills etc. In this movie I
highly rate him for his comic timing, it's absolutely flawless. Conversely, I
feel Nargis couldn't have debuted in a better movie. No matter how shabby the
script is in certain places the chemistry shown by these two actors certainly
left a solid impact on me.

I conclude that this movie falls the same bracket as other movies where you need
to see it twice to feel the real tone of the film. For now I'm still trying to
recover from the album so I'll try block the picturization otherwise it might
put me off the album. JOKE, I can never be put off this album. After watching
the movie the only song I felt was justified in terms of picturization was Phir
Se Ud Chala but that only 75%.

My verdict as of now is 3.5/5 and doubt it will change.

A.ANAND
12th November 2011, 06:47 PM
so far nalla review-than varuthu,i'm not a fan of hindi movie.nan last-ta paatha hindi movie 'guru'!padam hit aanale athu pothum!for ARR only!

A.ANAND
12th November 2011, 06:52 PM
http://www.backgroundscore.com/2011/11/rockstar-background-score.html

sureshmehcnit
12th November 2011, 06:55 PM
12 Cues from Rockstar Background Score & a brief note on the score

http://www.backgroundscore.com/2011/11/rockstar-background-score.html

Mahen
12th November 2011, 07:10 PM
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/masand-rockstar-deserves-a-watch/201503-47.html

Masand: 'Rockstar' deserves a watch

http://www.rediff.com/movies/review/review-how-did-raja-sen-rate-rockstar/20111111.htm

A Rockstar worth rooting for

http://www.rediff.com/movies/review/review-rockstar-is-more-devdas-than-jim-morrison/20111111.htm

Review: Rockstar is more Devdas than Jim Morrison

http://www.rediff.com/movies/review/review-rockstar-is-flawed-but-fabulous/20111111.htm

Review: Rockstar is flawed, but fabulous

i expected it to be a VTV that will detail on events post aaromale i.e more of life story than love story, but Imtiaz stays within his territory of louuuu............though the storyline and sequences give the feel "idhellam payanangal mudivadhillai, salaingai oli-le paathuttom daa", im hoping for Imtiaz to have given something more than that.......but watever be the BO verdict, Rockstar soundtrack is a absolute memoir from thalaivar to savor for yrs to come :D

Maddy pathacha? :confused:

Mahen
12th November 2011, 07:18 PM
Not surprised Kashap is going gaga over RS..He made a Devdas :) These guys perception of love...1) go crazy over a gal 2)have sex with her 3) pursue her even if shes married..In their books, ithu thaan deiviga kathal..Mani sar,give them tuition pilissss :)

raghavendran
12th November 2011, 07:35 PM
whatever indha alavuku soundtrack kudutha pogama epdi iruka mudiyum..ovvoru AR fan odiya kadamai...jhoota hi sahi ellam theatrela pathavanya nanu..

Nerd
12th November 2011, 07:44 PM
Hate Ranbir, don't think he can ever act; Not a fan of imtiaz; Not attracted by Nargis either; but watching it tonight for you know who. Would be a pleasure listening to the songs in the best of cinemas.

And thanks for the spoilers Mahen :twisted:

Mahen
12th November 2011, 07:57 PM
of course its a must watch for all ARR fans..to be honest JHS is better than RS..the problem with RS, theres no depth in it..script-le too many flaws..

Mahen
12th November 2011, 08:00 PM
Hate Ranbir, don't think he can ever act; Not a fan of imtiaz; Not attracted by Nargis either; but watching it tonight for you know who. Would be a pleasure listening to the songs in the best of cinemas.

And thanks for the spoilers Mahen :twisted:
ooh i yam sorry :lol:
Ranbir-ku nalla comic timing iruku..but 2nd half as rockstar :lol2:

raghavendran
12th November 2011, 08:28 PM
ranbir getting praised unanimously...i am hooked after reading Kashyap's tweet...pathe aganum..high chances that it may fall below my expectaions..thnx for the spoilers Mahen..:)

jaykaybee
12th November 2011, 11:30 PM
watched the movie today, not a fan of ranbir or imtiaz, watched it only for rahman. Clearly the movie movie wud hv bombed without the music......
great songs and background music.....contrary to what others say, songs hv been used well considering the number of tracks in the movie.....
Except sheher mein all other songs have been used well.....

sathya_1979
13th November 2011, 12:23 AM
Maybe I went with typical Thamizhan mentality of "enga aaLungaLukkudhaan nadippunaa ellaam theriyin, indhi kaara pasangaLukku oNNiyum theriyaadhu". So, I felt it great. When you get 60 while expecting a 0, it's a big bonus illayaa? :p

Sid_316
13th November 2011, 01:48 AM
Almost dozed off :x boring stuff.. Except the music

Sid_316
13th November 2011, 01:52 AM
Mahen pls.. Dev D was fantastic adhayum idhayum endha oru situation layum compare panidadhinga.. Kashyap sometimes praises average stuff no idea why (e.g subramaniyapuram :lol2:) cant trust him.

Mahen
13th November 2011, 08:43 AM
Mahen pls.. Dev D was fantastic adhayum idhayum endha oru situation layum compare panidadhinga.. Kashyap sometimes praises average stuff no idea why (e.g subramaniyapuram :lol2:) cant trust him.
Devdas bad-nu solla varalai..wanted to highlight the same intense lovuu stuff in both films..RS was not even average..it was BAD :)

Mahen
13th November 2011, 08:53 AM
Shrewali Ambe Ma should have been added into the album :(

Mahen
13th November 2011, 10:05 AM
Jayam ravi ellam rockstar praise panran :(

MADDY
13th November 2011, 12:23 PM
Mahen, not yet seen but watching it soon......a big fan of Imtiaz, u know :D

http://truthdive.com/2011/11/13/rockstar-box-office-collection-rs-11-crore-on-opening-day.html

Rockstar Box Office Collection Rs 11 crore on opening day

Co-produced by Eros International and Shree Ashtavinayak Cine Vision, the film was made on a budget of more than Rs.60 crore

Rockstar one of the biggest openers after Ready in non-festival season
http://www.businessofcinema.com/news.php?newsid=19413

A.ANAND
13th November 2011, 12:25 PM
'They don't say now my music is repetitive'

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home/sunday-toi/all-that-matters/They-dont-say-now-my-music-is-repetitive/articleshow/10708928.cms

Music maestro A R Rahman talks to Sandhya Soman about rocking with Michael Bolton, composing catchy songs, and the new generation of listeners.

'Why have you used rock music in 'Rockstar'? In the 1990s, I avoided giving people too much of a culture shock through my music. They already had enough from me. Though I had been part of a rock band, I didn't use those sounds in my songs. Rock was too much of a western sound then. Today, there is a whole new generation listening to various sounds. Rock has become a classic genre even for today's hip-hop generation in India. With 'Rockstar', I got an opportunity to compose songs in the rock music genre. It was nice to figure out how a desi guy would use Indian chords and expression to create rock music.

Two songs -'Jo bhi mein' and 'Sadda Haq' - aspire to be in the tradition of 'Satisfaction' by The Rolling Stones and 'We Don't Need No Education' (Another Brick in the Wall) by Pink Floyd. Just like most rock songs stood for people's voices, here also the central character's cry relates to every one of us.

What do you gain when you collaborate with artists like Michael Bolton or rope in musicians like Orianthi Panagaris to play for 'Sadda Haq'? Bolton was an icon in the 1980s and '90s, the king of soft melodies. I was curious to meet him and he is a very nice person. You gain knowledge and wisdom from meeting others. I don't do it just to attach another artist's name to mine. I think about what I could gain from the association. In this case, Bolton was also interested in learning about me. I gained his fan base that could access my work. Also, it was a pleasure to listen to him singing 'Sajna' (for Bolton's studio album 'Gems: The Duet Collection').

What was it like hosting Ranbir Kapoor at your place so he could prepare for the movie? Ranbir was a silent observer when he came down with director Imtiaz Ali. Being with musicians helped him lose his fear of music. It happened to me as well 11 years ago when I was with actors during the rehearsal of the musical 'Bombay Dreams' in London. My world was music and suddenly there were actors who were moving to my music. I enjoyed it, but at some level I wanted to run away from the place. Today, I am much more used to it.

Why is it that people take a while to get your tunes into their heads? Is it because your music is complicated and many appreciate the nuances only later? While people might like you as an artist, I should not give them the same stuff again and again. That is why I do fewer movies these days. I feel that each soundtrack should be a new experience. This is why people take time to appreciate some of my songs. We thought it would take more time for the music of 'Rockstar' to reach the people. But the speed at which people liked it surprised even us.

At a recent concert, everyone was singing along. They knew the lyrics better than we did (laughs). It was amazing to see hundreds of people singing along. I always try to strike a balance between songs that will catch the attention of people immediately and the ones that take time to reach listeners. I try to partially predict which song people will like. In this case, we were very lucky. Also, the promotion helped a lot.

Isn't good music enough for sales? Is it important to market your music well? After the collapse of the global music industry 10 years ago due to digital and physical piracy, it is a miracle that it is trying to survive by reinventing the whole game. So making people aware of what is out there is important since big investments in time, talent and money are involved.

What do you do when people say your tunes are repetitive? They don't say that anymore about my music. It was mostly in the 1990s that I was criticized for my tunes. Now I read what people have to say about my music. Sometimes I take the good things they have to say about me, sometimes I ignore it. That works for me. And when I make changes, I do it slowly. When you conduct an orchestra and want to make a sharp change in tempo, you have to move it around slowly like steering a ship and not turn it like a car on a fast lane.

A.ANAND
13th November 2011, 12:55 PM
Mahen, not yet seen but watching it soon......a big fan of Imtiaz, u know :D

http://truthdive.com/2011/11/13/rockstar-box-office-collection-rs-11-crore-on-opening-day.html

Rockstar Box Office Collection Rs 11 crore on opening day

Rockstar one of the biggest openers after Ready in non-festival season
http://www.businessofcinema.com/news.php?newsid=19413

so,the movie hit?

KV
13th November 2011, 02:11 PM
Saw it in a single screen movie hall in Bangalore yesterday. The crowd broke into a big rapture at Sadda Haq - the anthemic format surely seems to have worked very well. The songs occupy most of the screentime and there's not much of background score otherwise. He uses a very minimalist approach (just some keys) for the more silent scenes and there's also some electric guitar leads for some montage shots. If not for ARR and Ranbir, this movie would've been a maranamokkai. Thanks to these two, at least the first half of the movie is enjoyable.

Sunil_M88
13th November 2011, 05:31 PM
Shrewali Ambe Ma should have been added into the album :(

FYI, this BGM shares the same melody as "Thoda thoda pyar" from Love aaj kal and going by Pritam Da's repertoire there might be a possibility that this tune might not be his. It was obviously Imtiaz Ali's idea to insert it as a BGM.

Mahen
13th November 2011, 08:33 PM
Yeah sounds similar :) Maybe Imtiaz asked ARR to re-tune it :)

A.ANAND
14th November 2011, 02:48 AM
Rockstar earns Rs.11 crore plus on opening day

2011-11-12 18:20:00
Last Updated: 2011-11-12 18:38:29

The long wait is finally over for Ranbir Kapoor fans as his latest movie 'R...Ranbir Kapoor starrer 'Rockstar' has got off to a flying start with the film managing to earn Rs.11 crore plus on the opening day itself.

Directed by director Imtiaz Ali, known for making films like 'Jab We Met' and 'Love Aaj Kal', the story revolves around a Jat boy who aspires to become a famous rockstar like Jim Morrison.

The interesting pairing of Ranbir and Nargis Fakri topped with melodious music by A.R. Rahman has managed to draw in the crowds.

According to a press release, the film has managed to earn Rs. 11.25 crore plus on the opening day Friday, across all cinemas in India.

Even though the film has received a mixed response at the box-office, Ranbir's performance has been appreciated by everyone - audience and the critics.

Co-produced by Eros International and Shree Ashtavinayak Cine Vision, the film was made on a budget of more than Rs.60 crore and has been extensively shot in Delhi in locations like St. Stephen's College, Connaught Place and Nizamuddin, among others.

http://www.sify.com/movies/rockstar-earns-rs-11-crore-plus-on-opening-day-news-bollywood-llmsuggdejj.html

A.ANAND
14th November 2011, 02:49 AM
http://bollyspice.com/32251/rockstar-rocks-twitter

Rockstar rocks Twitter!

By Ingrid ZellnerPosted on November 13th, 2011 in Hot, Movies, NewsIn these times when a movie’s fate can be sealed by the comments it provokes on social networks, even Rockstar faces positive and negative feedbacks on Twitter. But the negative ones, mostly claiming the film to be tedious and Imtiaz Ali to have failed as the director, are in a minority against the positive ones raving about the film, Ranbir Kapoor’s outstanding performance, AR Rahman’s music and Imtiaz Ali to have excelled as the director.

Amitabh Bachchan told his Twitter community, “Just back from ‘RockStar‘ and living in the brilliance of all – Imtiaz Ali, Ranbir, AR and Nargis” while Karan Johar assured, “Watched ROCKSTAR…and am a certified Ranbir Kapoor fan!! His performance is unbelievable!” Bipasha Basu had been one of the first to tweet, “Ranbir Kapoor as Jordan,U have to fall in love with him!Imtiaz Ali is an outstanding filmmaker!”

Filmfare editor Jitesh Pillaai exclaimed, “What an overwhelmingly beautiful film is Rockstar. And what a standout bravura performance from Ranbir Kapoor. Imtiaz Ali, Ranbir take a bow.” Amul Mohan was touched by both Ranbir and Shammi: “Rockstar in one word, sensational! What an acting performance by Ranbir Kapoor take a bow! People welcome a great actor to the industry. Watching Shammi Kapoor on screen in Rockstar is like a dream. N watch out for Ranbir’s homage to him.” And Shailesh Kapoor, though harshly critizising Imtiaz Ali and Nargis Fakhri, praised Ranbir’s ” stirring performance” and added, “I have decided that I’ll sue anyone who takes Ranbir Kapoor’s name in the same breath as Imran Khan.”

Filmmaker and actor Anurag Kashyap was overwhelmed: “Rockstar is not so much about rock as it is an individuals story…its another kind of coming of age film..just can’t get it out of my head. It is easily Imtiaz Ali’s best. This is how a love story should be told. Soul stirring. Still assimilating. It is unlike most films.. no cacophony of sounds..quiet.. no unnecessary background to propel it forward..Ranbir is just awesome. Such an unexpected film.. does not take any easy route.. does not become a clap trap or a crowd pleaser..It’s just so heartfelt.”

Devansh Patel of Bollywood Hungama joined Kashyap in his opinion that Rockstar is more than just another easy-going popcorn film: “It takes time to absorb some movies and in rare cases you come across films like ROCKSTAR that make you think ten times b4 u pen the review”, adding: “One advice to all the movie buffs: Stop judging movies on ‘rating’ and ‘stars’. It’s not about saving money or a pound or a dollar, it’s about your passion for cinema that should make you want to buy a ticket.”

Kashyap’s colleague Viveck Vaswani demonstrated his respect to Rockstar and the movie’s makers and audience: “Rockstar presumes the audience is grown up and flaws notwithstanding respects them! That’s why its going to be a hit! Ranbir performs for an audience presuming their intelligence and without patronizing them for a second! That’s why its a milestone! Imtiaz Ali has made a film which, flaws notwithstanding has redefined the average age of the Indian audience! As did Udaan, Delhi Belly! Post Rockstar, the bar has been raised! And 21 cr business in 2 days proves the audience will always respect those films that respect them!”

Words every film maker should hang over his desk and remember forever.

A.ANAND
14th November 2011, 03:02 AM
http://www.boxofficeindia.co.in/rockstar-rock-solid-on-day-2/

http://www.boxofficeindia.co.in/rockstar-creates-new-record-for-ranbir/

Sunil_M88
14th November 2011, 06:12 AM
SrBachchan Amitabh Bachchan tweets

T 558 -AR Rahman music takes a while to grow on you and when it does, difficult to let go ..been with RockStar music whole day .. even now !

Mahen
14th November 2011, 06:19 AM
http://bollyspice.com/32251/rockstar-rocks-twitter

Rockstar rocks Twitter!

By Ingrid ZellnerPosted on November 13th, 2011 in Hot, Movies, NewsIn these times when a movie’s fate can be sealed by the comments it provokes on social networks, even Rockstar faces positive and negative feedbacks on Twitter. But the negative ones, mostly claiming the film to be tedious and Imtiaz Ali to have failed as the director, are in a minority against the positive ones raving about the film, Ranbir Kapoor’s outstanding performance, AR Rahman’s music and Imtiaz Ali to have excelled as the director.

Amitabh Bachchan told his Twitter community, “Just back from ‘RockStar‘ and living in the brilliance of all – Imtiaz Ali, Ranbir, AR and Nargis” while Karan Johar assured, “Watched ROCKSTAR…and am a certified Ranbir Kapoor fan!! His performance is unbelievable!” Bipasha Basu had been one of the first to tweet, “Ranbir Kapoor as Jordan,U have to fall in love with him!Imtiaz Ali is an outstanding filmmaker!”

Filmfare editor Jitesh Pillaai exclaimed, “What an overwhelmingly beautiful film is Rockstar. And what a standout bravura performance from Ranbir Kapoor. Imtiaz Ali, Ranbir take a bow.” Amul Mohan was touched by both Ranbir and Shammi: “Rockstar in one word, sensational! What an acting performance by Ranbir Kapoor take a bow! People welcome a great actor to the industry. Watching Shammi Kapoor on screen in Rockstar is like a dream. N watch out for Ranbir’s homage to him.” And Shailesh Kapoor, though harshly critizising Imtiaz Ali and Nargis Fakhri, praised Ranbir’s ” stirring performance” and added, “I have decided that I’ll sue anyone who takes Ranbir Kapoor’s name in the same breath as Imran Khan.”

Filmmaker and actor Anurag Kashyap was overwhelmed: “Rockstar is not so much about rock as it is an individuals story…its another kind of coming of age film..just can’t get it out of my head. It is easily Imtiaz Ali’s best. This is how a love story should be told. Soul stirring. Still assimilating. It is unlike most films.. no cacophony of sounds..quiet.. no unnecessary background to propel it forward..Ranbir is just awesome. Such an unexpected film.. does not take any easy route.. does not become a clap trap or a crowd pleaser..It’s just so heartfelt.”

Devansh Patel of Bollywood Hungama joined Kashyap in his opinion that Rockstar is more than just another easy-going popcorn film: “It takes time to absorb some movies and in rare cases you come across films like ROCKSTAR that make you think ten times b4 u pen the review”, adding: “One advice to all the movie buffs: Stop judging movies on ‘rating’ and ‘stars’. It’s not about saving money or a pound or a dollar, it’s about your passion for cinema that should make you want to buy a ticket.”

Kashyap’s colleague Viveck Vaswani demonstrated his respect to Rockstar and the movie’s makers and audience: “Rockstar presumes the audience is grown up and flaws notwithstanding respects them! That’s why its going to be a hit! Ranbir performs for an audience presuming their intelligence and without patronizing them for a second! That’s why its a milestone! Imtiaz Ali has made a film which, flaws notwithstanding has redefined the average age of the Indian audience! As did Udaan, Delhi Belly! Post Rockstar, the bar has been raised! And 21 cr business in 2 days proves the audience will always respect those films that respect them!”

Words every film maker should hang over his desk and remember forever.
:banghead: oru mokkai padathuku ivlo praise and mostly ellame RAnbir and Imtiaz-ku..Only one person that deserves praise and thats ARR!

Sunil_M88
14th November 2011, 06:41 AM
The album sales are picking up now. Patam so so irukka, aanal isai ulagalavil super irukka. Thaan thaan thalaiva :bow:

raghavendran
14th November 2011, 08:25 AM
Rockstar collections on Day 3 were good than compare to Friday & Saturday collections. Film is running well at the Multiplex and the single screen also. On its day 3 collections Rockstar movie collected an approximate amount of 12.75 crore.

As this week Bollywood didnt have any other release, Rockstar continue to rock on its second day collections.

Overall on its first weekend film is estimated to collect 30 to 35 crore approximate.

http://www.latesthot.in/2011/11/rockstar-day-3-collections-report.html

raghavendran
14th November 2011, 08:26 AM
Amitabh Bachchan
T 557 - Its late but not without cause .. just back from 'RockStar' and living in the brilliance of all - Imtiaz Ali, Ranbir, AR and Nargis

A.ANAND
14th November 2011, 10:57 AM
The album sales are picking up now. Patam so so irukka, aanal isai ulagalavil super irukka. Thaan thaan thalaiva :bow:

Sunil,r u working any audio company??any source?

A.ANAND
14th November 2011, 10:59 AM
Not so rocking Rockstar

http://www.myrepublica.com/portal/index.php?action=news_details&news_id=38258

Rockstar has lot of anger: Imtiaz Ali

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Entertainment/Bollywood/Rockstar-has-lot-of-anger-Imtiaz-Ali/Article1-768557.aspx

A.ANAND
14th November 2011, 11:03 AM
As Aishwarya Rai Prepares to Give Birth, Amitabh Rocks Out to Rockstar!

November 13, 2011 10:10 PM EST

While the media busies itself with flinging false rumors about Aishwarya Rai going into labor, her father-in-law, Amitabh Bachchan, has been finding more relaxing ways to pass his time.

With the Bachchan family compound in Mumbai filling with family and activity over the last few days, Amitabh got away for a bit and took in one of the most anticipated films of the season—Ranbir Kapoor's Rockstar. And he's been glowing with praise ever since!

"T 557 - Its late but not without cause .. just back from 'RockStar' and living in the brilliance of all - Imtiaz Ali, Ranbir, AR and Nargis," tweeted the Bollywood legend.

Amitabh's not the only one with praise for the film—critics all over India have reacted positively to Imtiaz Ali's latest hit. Ali, of course, directed Aishwarya Rai's Heroine rival Kareena Kapoor in Jab We Met, but the Big B doesn't seem to be harboring any ill-will.

Amitabh was also full of praise for maestro A. R. Rahman's Rockstar score. "T 558 -AR Rahman music takes a while to grow on you and when it does, difficult to let go ..been with RockStar music whole day .. even now !"

Hopefully when the time comes for Aishwarya Rai to give birth, he'll manage to turn the addicting tunes off—while the Rockstar soundtrack is certainly brilliant, it's not exactly music a woman in labor would find relaxing!

http://celebs.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474980764355

ajaybaskar
14th November 2011, 11:13 AM
A very honestly written film. Again Imtiaz proves that he is a director to watch out for in the future. The film is not without its flaws but Rockstar is appreciable for the writing, lead actors' performance and obviously, the music. Ranbir has got an addition to his fanbase. Even though, everybody were raving about 'Sadda Haq', I found 'Naadaan Parindey' more pleasing on the screen. Goosebumps all over my body. :notworthy:

On the downside, the pace at which the story moves tests the patience of the average movie goers, especially the second half.

Mahen
14th November 2011, 02:41 PM
Ajay, apadhi patha even Kala Prabhu made an honest film :lol2:

ajaybaskar
14th November 2011, 03:08 PM
Mahen,

KP's work was amateurish and was hard to digest. Appan kaasu.. Ennamo eduthu vachurundhaaru. But Imtiaz is known for his dialogues and characterization. And he didn't let me down. As you said there were flaws (Janardhan becoming a rage called Jordan was unconvincing and the slowness) but still it worked mainly due to the music and the freshness. Again, cant blame you too.. Kun faya kun'aiye cut pannittaanga unga oorlannu sonneengale? :-)

ajaybaskar
14th November 2011, 03:30 PM
http://www.top10bollywood.com/2009/07/top-10-hindi-songs.html

5 songs in the top 10. :thumbsup:

Sunil_M88
14th November 2011, 04:37 PM
http://www.sunriseradio.com/charts/?xp=11 3 songs in the top 5 :)

Sunil_M88
14th November 2011, 04:53 PM
Sunil,r u working any audio company??any source?

Yes, word of mouth marketing ltd., jokes apart... No anand no source but people I know who couldn't stand the album prior to the films release are actually purchasing it now and I can't speak for everyone but every high street shop in London's South Asian populated areas were playing Rockstar this weekend gone. And by now it's clear people are only going to cinemas for 2 reasons Ranbir and Rahman ji. But we all who is benefiting the most out of the two.

baba88
14th November 2011, 05:46 PM
To judge from the praise this album is receiving from critics and normal music listeners Rockstar seems to A.R.Rahman's biggest indian album since Lagaan. It seems bigger than Delhi 6, Jaane Tu... Ya Jaane Na, Rang De Basanti, Sillunu Oru Kadhal, Jodha Akbar etc.

What a return of the King! Sadda Haq!

wizzy
14th November 2011, 11:14 PM
Aditi and Nargis should have swapped their roles

ekakekocudoko
15th November 2011, 12:41 AM
Saw the film yesterday love it but nargis remembers me of katrina at several places

A.ANAND
16th November 2011, 02:42 AM
‘Slumdog’ Oscar-Winner Rahman’s Music Redeems ‘Rockstar’: Review

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2011-11-15/-slumdog-oscar-winner-rahman-s-music-redeems-rockstar-review.html

A.ANAND
16th November 2011, 03:05 AM
Rockstar: Rahman, Ranbir jam it steadily for a 64 crores worldwide weekend

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/hindi/article/74029.html

Rockstar earns Rs 64 cr at worldwide Box Office in first weekend

http://truthdive.com/2011/11/15/rockstar-earns-rs-64-cr-at-worldwide-box-office-in-first-weekend.html

http://www.examiner.com/india-headlines-in-national/rockstar-rocks-millions-at-the-box-office

A.ANAND
16th November 2011, 03:09 AM
Rockstar earns Rs 64 crore, Shabana terms it a new beginning

2011-11-14 17:40:00
Last Updated: 2011-11-15 09:19:37

The long wait is finally over for Ranbir Kapoor fans as his latest movie 'R...Director Imtiaz Ali's latest release 'Rockstar' has rocked the box office by grossing Rs.64 crore worldwide on the opening weekend. Veteran actress Shabana Azmi has praised Ranbir Kapoor's performance and said that the film 'tugged at my heartstrings...Hindi cinema is finally coming of age'.

Co-produced by Shree Ashtavinayak Cinevision Ltd and Eros International, the film released on more than 2,000 screens worldwide and registered Rs.53 crore in India and Rs.11 crore overseas in first three days of its release, said a statement.

The musical thriller, made on a budget of over Rs.60 crore, opened with mixed reviews, but everyone praised Ranbir's performance as an aspiring singer who turns into an aggressive lover after being jilted.

Both critics and fans describe it as young actor's finest performance to date and Shabana agrees too.

'Ranbir's performance in 'Rockstar' is totally original he inhabits Jordan's complex world and infuses it with childlike honesty that's believable,' she posted on micro-blogging site Twitter.

'Imtiaz Ali's writing in 'Rockstar' is surprising and unpredictable. Tugged at my heartstrings...Hindi cinema is finally coming of age..wow,' she further added.

'Rockstar' introduces two new faces - Pakistani-American model Nargis Fakhri and Brazilian model Moufid Aziz.

http://www.sify.com/movies/rockstar-earns-rs-64-crore-shabana-terms-it-a-new-beginning-news-bollywood-llorEfcgahc.html?scategory=bollywood

A.ANAND
16th November 2011, 03:18 AM
ARR... ARR... ARR!

In my previous *Writer's Block Breaking* blog entry, I had mentioned that the only way I could get over my brief numbness was by finding that inspiration myself. And what Can I say I seem to have found it, in my Favorite place yet again! My MUSIC!

Music is a wonderful means of connecting with the ONESELF and with the SUPREME POWER. What One cannot express through words can be easily done through music. Listening to music with closed eyes, makes us appreciate it as an expression and celebration of the Omnipotent.

Clearly my life seems to be easily adjusting and moving towards scenarios worth have Background music and while in this subconscious search I stumbled upon the soundtrack of this Hindi Film which i will be writing about today.

The Track playing in my Appa's Car was Different! Despite asking him over and over again, which movie's song that was, he refused to tell, he said GUESS! And all of us spend the rest of the 4 minutes of song thinking of all the possible possibilities. And just as the song was about to end, I said "ROCKSTAR?" and Appa Smiled and So Did I!! A Big Broad Smile!

Why? Well, It isn’t that often that you get to listen to *Fresh* Music composed by the MAN, AR Rahman. He is something ELSE! The very fact that He elects his projects very carefully and does such few movies, everyone begins to keep an eye OUT for it or rather a EAR OUT for it!

Despite the Movie being called ROCKSTAR, there is just one song that truly is a ROCK anthem! And for this I am thankful, I am not much of a rock person and I was pleasantly surprised listening to this magnificent blend of minimal ‘rock’, phenomenally evocative numbers ranging from folk, sufism, and alternating to electro-pop and some gypsy pieces as well!!! And let me add it is an absolute DELIGHT!

There’re so many delicate nuances, turns, bends and beautiful undertones in all its 14 songs, that its just not possible to JUDGE or pass a decision in ONE go! What it does is demand attention, time and an extra effort! With no remixes or reprises to speak of, it is most definitely MY dream album. The richness of the album lies in its details, and if you play the tracks nonchalantly, without paying much of attention to it, you will MOST certainly miss out. But if you like me, will keep listening to the album over and over again, you will undoubtedly fall in LOVE and will in turn be highly rewarded!

Mohit Chauhan is BRILLANT! His voice is like silk and oozes flair without ever over exaggerating or over powering. The Beauty of his voice and the emotions is clearly seen in Aur Ho. AAR has yet again managed to bring out the haunting and traumatic beauty of *Satrangi re* from Dil se. The passion, the pain, the helplessness and the general feel of this song stays with you long long after you have heard it! It's a CLASS apart!

The Paradoxical Sheher Mein is a beauty… I am partial to this particular number partially because this was the song that got me introduced to the album. It's a song within a song and Chauhan’s voice dominates and flows in the most beautiful fashion.

The opening song, Phir Se Ud Chala… is a quintessential Rahman number with wide soundscenery, lots of textures, timber and fragile harmonies. Towards the end, it routes into the electro-pop realm effortlessly and even without us knowing.

Another one of my favorites is the quirky, almost fairytale like Hawaa Hawaa… that features gypsy music with bits of flamenco is pleasantly surprising and perhaps the best eccentric number.

Other memorable tracks include the evocative Kun Faya Kun… a peaceful and melodic qawwali number sung by Rahman, Javed Ali and Mohit Chauhan. Jo Bhi Main… takes the psychedelic route and takes you to a different world altogether!

Nadaan Parinde, has some very interesting lyrics which can be interpreted in multiple fashions and if listened to careful, will definitely tug you heart strings… Tango For Taj another gypsy track with Spanish guitar and foot tapping beats.

AAR's music is beautiful reflection of *Slow and Steady wins the race* He is absolutely in no hurry! Listen to the Album like I did, without listening to anything else and let the magic unfold and take over you! Let loose and You will LOVE it! AAR has an iron grip over all the very nuances of the soundtrack and it clearly emits its brilliancy and reestablishes his power, persona and stature in the industry!

Never Once, has AAR, ever created a song that instantly catches the attention of one and all, he creates music that grows on you, and once it does its absolutely difficult to let go! This one is definitely all set to be a CLASSIC!

“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and right doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

http://neelanchana.blogspot.com/2011/11/arr-arr-arr.html

Mahen
16th November 2011, 09:04 PM
"After watching the film, the audience will like only Ranbir Kapoor. Even the music will not be appreciated because you cannot understand the lyrics," he says.
http://www.rediff.com/movies/report/ranbirs-fan-following-has-increased-with-rockstar/20111116.htm

Ithu ellam too much i say...ARR has to quit bollywood..Avanga ippo 'dhinka chika' mode-le irukanga..ARR's music will sound alien to them..Hes doing Yash chopa's next and im sure critics are gona compare it with all the mohabeteins/veer zaaras etc

A.ANAND
17th November 2011, 03:00 AM
http://www.rediff.com/movies/report/ranbirs-fan-following-has-increased-with-rockstar/20111116.htm

Ithu ellam too much i say...ARR has to quit bollywood..Avanga ippo 'dhinka chika' mode-le irukanga..ARR's music will sound alien to them..Hes doing Yash chopa's next and im sure critics are gona compare it with all the mohabeteins/veer zaaras etc

the article may be by, diehard fan ranbir!

A.ANAND
17th November 2011, 10:52 AM
AN EVENING WITH ROCKSTAR

http://moifightclub.wordpress.com/2011/11/17/an-evening-with-rockstar/

A.ANAND
17th November 2011, 11:04 AM
-edit-

directhit
17th November 2011, 07:02 PM
an evening with rockstar

http://moifightclub.wordpress.com/2011/11/17/an-evening-with-rockstar/ +10000 :-d

directhit
17th November 2011, 07:04 PM
whattay movie :bow: Imtiaz+Ranbir+Editing - verry kud..... Nargis dhaan slightaaa chodhappals....

Thalaivar :2thumbsup: wanna see atleast 2 more times...

A.ANAND
19th November 2011, 04:41 PM
“Rockstar”… Angst in the Pants

http://baradwajrangan.wordpress.com/2011/11/15/rockstar-angst-in-the-pants/

Sunil_M88
19th November 2011, 05:04 PM
But it’s easily one of Rahman’s best album.

IA – You guys can’t believe how embarrassed I was doing the recording. It was only Rahman in the studio and I was sitting behind him and Mohit Chauhan was in the booth. I suddenly get up, put the mic on and tell Mohit that saar, aap note ko hit nahi kar rahe ho. Yeh ho nahi raha and blah blah. And then as I come back to my seat, I realise that Rahman saab was sitting there, but he just doesn’t say anything. He asks, Mohit, ready? And we record again. Just like an operator. And i was so embarrassed, i could not believe what i was doing. It’s Rahman. And i am telling the singer what to do. And i did it again, i just could not believe. Rahman is in a different space. It’s always ‘inclusive music’ for him. He will take everyone together and move ahead. Unko chor diya toh dham se giroge, kahan giroge iska koi bharosa nahi. But if it happens with you and you know what you want, he is just magcial.

Kashyap also spoke a lot about his experience of working with Rahman. The absolutely no fuss guy and blah blah.

IA : i was just playing the 40min long version of Kun Faaya Kun and other songs where Rahman is just jamming, it takes you to a different state of trance. i was playing it at home and everyone was so into it.

WAIT! What? 40min version of Kun Faaya Kun? Please please please, is it possible to release it somewhere.

Imtiaz said he will talk to Rahman about it and will try his best to release it. Rahman fans, spread the good word and let’s try to get it out.

:o I would love to hear the whole of Naadaan parindey in Rahman ji's voice.

MADDY
20th November 2011, 10:12 AM
the film is an absolute masterpiece, very overwhelming.........last 30 mins were devastating piece of cinema that i have not experienced even in master kubrick's creations......

Rahman BGM is the base on which entire creation stands .........i really pray that AR and Imtiaz join hands again.....

Imtiaz's is a springhead of cinematic visuals :bow:

Ranbir Kapoor fan club+1

Mahen
20th November 2011, 11:15 AM
Masterpiece? :omg:

sathya_1979
20th November 2011, 12:20 PM
the film is an absolute masterpiece, very overwhelming.........last 30 mins were devastating piece of cinema that i have not experienced even in master kubrick's creations......

Rahman BGM is the base on which entire creation stands .........i really pray that AR and Imtiaz join hands again.....

Ranbir Kapoor fan club+1
Welcome Welcome :2thumbsup:

MADDY
20th November 2011, 12:33 PM
Mahen, the film was an absolute treat of tangential montages and dialogues.....this is the first movie which moved me to tears, in terms of cinematic content/presentation (i had no sympathy for characters or the rockstar himself)...........the presentation was so overwhelmingly abstract that i feel no other art piece, leave alone movies, has moved me so much........

thalaivar BGM and songs - naadan parindey - total vaippillamai :bow:

KV
20th November 2011, 12:39 PM

Ranbir Kapoor fan club+1

seekaram kannathula pOtundu, muppadhu thOpikarnam pOtrungO. saami kanna kuththida pOrdhu.

Mahen
20th November 2011, 01:34 PM
Mahen, the film was an absolute treat of tangential montages and dialogues.....this is the first movie which moved me to tears, in terms of cinematic content/presentation (i had no sympathy for characters or the rockstar himself)...........the presentation was so overwhelmingly abstract that i feel no other art piece, leave alone movies, has moved me so much........

thalaivar BGM and songs - naadan parindey - total vaippillamai :bow:
well its ur opinion and i respect that :) but pls dont tell me this one is better than vtv..suicide panikuven :( for me if not for ARR, RS would have been a big mokkai film..

Sid_316
20th November 2011, 01:47 PM
seekaram kannathula potundu, muppadhu thopikarnam potrungo. Saami kanna kuththida pordhu.

+1 :lol2:

directhit
20th November 2011, 03:31 PM

Ranbir Kapoor fan club+1 :thumbsup:

A.ANAND
20th November 2011, 05:05 PM
I’m not doing 2 States: Imtiaz Ali

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Entertainment/Bollywood/I-m-not-doing-2-States-Imtiaz-Ali/Article1-771692.aspx

rockstar movie hit innu sollaranga!

Ramakrishna
20th November 2011, 09:11 PM
Watched it. Liked it.

1st half was average & stretched.
2nd half thaan padamey, starting from Aur ho song to be precise..Thoroughly enjoyed the screenplay & Ranbir's characterization.

lancelot
20th November 2011, 10:07 PM
Watched it yesterday in the only cinema showing it here in Sri Lanka. It was virtually empty! Shame the Sri Lankan movies goer has such bad taste. Because most Sri Lankans will miss this masterclass of a movie. Its no classic! It had its flaws (Nargis's acting, Slow pace in the second half). However, the pluses of the movies truly made up for the few flaws.

First and foremost the music. We all knew the music was killer awesome before even watching the movie. and it just got better with the movie.
Then, the visuals! forget the songs, even the bits of the movie that had no importance to the music, the visuals were stunning.
Thirdly, how the songs were picturized! they really fit into the movies perfectly and we amazingly captured. Thank god the cinema was empty (and, thank god for an understanding wife sitting next to me). i was going mad singing almost every word of every song and ended up shouting Sadda Haq! the first time i heard the words and my wife had to stop me before i continued.
Fourth, Ranbir Kapoor's acting. He was totally believable as a heart broken musician going out of control. Am sure a fan of his now
Fifth, the cinematography and the costumes. They were classy and Jordan's change was beautifully captured in how he dresses. How he changes from Collage to Stage was beautifully said without words using just clothes.

Absolutely loved the movie. Planning on taking as many people as i can again next week and watch this movies again.

Imtiaz Ali manages to capture the heart of my wife, for whom this was the first Hindi movie in cinema. She only came for it, because she took me for it as a birthday gift. and what a gift it was!

KV
21st November 2011, 02:54 PM
"O Eco-Friendly
Nature Ke Rakshak
Main Bhi Hoon Nature

Rewaazon Se Samaajon Se
Kyun...??"

What do these lines mean?

wizzy
21st November 2011, 02:59 PM
^ http://www.bollymeaning.com/2011/09/sadda-haq-aithe-rakh-lyrics-translation.html

KV
21st November 2011, 03:12 PM
thanks wizzyman! I was a bit confused on what he really meant by the first two lines (Nature Ke Rakshak, Main Bhi Hoon Nature). I guess the context is established in the next para (where he speaks about cutting off from society, etc).

//by the by, your siggy :rotfl2:. Among mouli's best!//

wizzy
21st November 2011, 03:27 PM
even I couldn't decipher it from Mohit's vocals
//imo best ever sitcom written in tamizh.."you see four boys sitting in one corner producing noise after the mic":rotfl:

littlemaster1982
21st November 2011, 03:33 PM
Naanum kekkanum-nu irundhen, which one is it?

wizzy
21st November 2011, 03:38 PM
//flight no 172//

KV
21st November 2011, 03:40 PM
LM, that's from his play 'Flight No. 172'
one long tube.. no no pipe... with many holes... one end you put air, another end sound coming... very sweet sound saar... everybody happy :lol:

wizzy
21st November 2011, 03:46 PM
Lm..the entire series in on youtube..
mouli was in some form..you know danger?..we know danger oru mandavodu rendu ellumbuthondu :-D

baba88
21st November 2011, 06:59 PM
i dont know if it has already been posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zcDuzc_C1k&feature=related

littlemaster1982
21st November 2011, 08:18 PM
Thanks KV/Wizzy. I had seen it when it was on Sun years ago. Will check out :)