PDA

View Full Version : MAESTRO ILAIYARAAJA NEWS & TITBITS VER.2010

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

rajasaranam
30th January 2010, 06:25 PM
யப்பா உங்க அக்கபோர இங்க வந்து அடிங்க :D
request the MODS to lock the other thread and make this thread Sticky.

rajasaranam
30th January 2010, 07:07 PM
[tscii:b7637fdc89]raja_fan,

I really don't understand your intentions here!
We all know that Raaja had been contradicting and he speaks his mind at that particular moment. He is more like a child in his behaviour. I dont understand why this glorification matter hurts you badly.

There are fans who think they have understood Raaja and his statements and tend to reason out his statements, there are fans who think they have not understood Raaja and are trying to find a reason... And fans like me who at times understands and at times dont...and just move on listening to his music. Ocassinally rasing our concerns over issues which may turn-out to be a problem to society or his his own musical output.

You dont fall in any of these categories. You to be here to fish in muddled water. Think of this,are any of us are in capacity to go to Raaja and ask him to stop all the nonsense he speaks? Hey I hate Raaja for what he spoke in the intro part of Geethanjali (Devotional) Album that 'He is dedicating the Album to those crores and crores of poor people and they should listen to the album and feel happy'. I thought WTF?!! May be his traditional thought made him to think "Sevikku unavu illada podu Vayitrukku siridu eeyappadum",and that he is providing people with Sevi Unavu. But my integrity can think only like "Thani oru manithanukku unavu illai enil intha jagathinai azhithiduvom”. So I skip that portion from the album and move on. That what a sane person would do. When you dont like something 'skip'. There is no use harping upon what we dont like. [/tscii:b7637fdc89]

rajasaranam
30th January 2010, 07:29 PM
...And what is wrong in Raaja not telling 'Sandhosham' for the award which Rahman got? Are you feeling happy for 'Rahman'? Iam not - Iam not feeling happy for Raaja either!

If atall there was some happiness in his face it was due to the way these reporters, fans and public thronged his place. Otherwise 'Murugesan Street' would've maintained the same silence like any other day. This can be understood from his opening statement and Body Language stating that he understands that all of them are here, thinking that it is an award bestowed upon themselves and he feels happy for them. In that opening statement itself he has shattered all the illusions about awards. He is as such not happy (means he is neutral) about it but the happiness of people/fans surrouding him makes him happy.

Ithukku mela avarkitta poi 'Rahmanukku neenga santhoshapadreengala'nna? athu kElvi KEttavanOda muttalthanam thaan. Watch his answer for bala and check out how reluctant he was in uttering that 'Santhosham' for him. Because he does not 'feel' happiness in these mundane attachements. So be It.

As a raja_fan If you are happy for Rahman and Raaja sharing the same dias for the same award, and as I've seen/heard Raaja fans not so very happy for this, (some of them close to me were perplexed over my indifference over this award) Iam happy to note your magnanimity. So Be it.

rajasaranam
30th January 2010, 07:45 PM
....Symphony time utterings over 'ithu pOla athu irukkathu'.

raja_fan what is your take on Raaja speaking on Rahman's Oscar Felicitation function 'Brahmaandamaa nadakkalaam aanaal ithu pOla oru vizha ungalukku ini nadakkathu'. Ponder over both to find out whether it was regarding money/product etc. which binds us to the world or is it something very personal which can only be felt not seen or understood.

Given the short comings of language, for Raaja not able to express what he feels in 'Words', sometimes he makes me understand the profound importance of life and us humans in this cosmos. But I always resort to his music to understand this. He speaks his mind better through music. Sometimes I feel that the language as is, is something alien to this man and he can communicate only through music. Ahhh.. how wonderful this world will be if music is made universal language for communication, banning all others.

app_engine
30th January 2010, 07:50 PM
After wandering around the tfmpage.com & the hub for more than a decade, I'm quite convinced that Raja NEED NOT do a symphony to prove his greatness :-)

If he does, I'll be happy. If he does not, I'll still be happy :-)

One thing he has made very clear is the "commercial non-viability" of scoring for a symphony. (I can interpret his statement about technology only this way).

Cine music pays him and he does that.

If symphony / xyz music pays him sufficiently, he will do that as well.

That's all about it, very simbil :-)

Hulkster
30th January 2010, 07:55 PM
Oru news vanthaal pothumey, ulagamey azhincha mathiri oru kootamey varum. Athuvum "practical" IR fans. :banghead: Guys do not bother aruging with them, we are having bottlenecks in network traffic due to unnecessary packets.

For the record, IR's character usually gets in his way when he speaks which makes it hard for most to understand. People have to realise that IR is human and any human is bound to be irritated by such dumb questions coming in the media. There are two ways we can answer such things, remain patient and go away or rebutt with in-your-face answers. Thalaivar did the latter and there is no surprise. And the most important thing is we have no right to question his characteristics, not everyone is born as humble with no sensitivity to such questions. Moreover he is not giving any threat or insulting answers, so the idea of controversy is null.

Actually it is "fans" like raja_fan who make it into a controversy when they can easily ignore it and go on. Shows how poosinikka minded this people are. Where is the moderator when we need one? :angry2:

Thalaivar has had alot of telugu film announcements and a tamil film as well but i doubt if they were even reported here thanks to all these focus on something that has nothing to do with his music.

rajasaranam
30th January 2010, 08:02 PM
Kamesh,

I have heard much sinister stories about Raaja from whom are personally close to him. It is not right for you to put something here, which is not verifiable by any means. How do you know that the person whom you heard from doesnt have any malicious intent. Even if he is genuine how do we know what went through Raaja before he called to edit that?

I personally

A. dont believe in your friends version. Being your friend, why dont you go and check what was there in that edited portions! I would've demanded that to understand what was the intention of Raaja instead of cribbing over a friendoda friendoda friendoda version.

B. Think that there had to be reason.

Once I met a Person who is accesible to Raaja, being a family friend of his. He said something very damaging about Raaja once in a Bar. When he moved away from the seat for a call I said '...tha semma gaadula irukaan, Raaja ivana kuppura poattu aap adichi irukkaaru poala' I cannot forget the laughter that broke out on our table. We were laughing our guts out until he came back to rejoin us on the table and I asked keeping my face serious 'Apram machi vera enna' ....tha everyone else broke out once again. Ithukku ellam ivalothaan naan importance kuduppen.

rajasaranam
30th January 2010, 08:10 PM
RAJA SHOW IN JAYA TV NOW 8 PM IST

Thanks for the news Dear :)

jaiganes
30th January 2010, 09:10 PM
danksubaa for opening a new thread...
ippo Raja_fanukkum Kamesh ratnathukkum, IRIR123kkum enna venum?
1. Raaja oru hypocrite (along with likes of me ) . granted
2. Raaja vyaavaaram theriyaadha impractical manushar - granted
3. Raaja oru vayitherichal paarty (this will make raja_fan very very happy - granted
oththukkarom O podrom - sandhoshamaa? thrupthiyaa? inimel idhai patri isai ketka mattume mudiya koodiya nammaal enna seyya mudiyum? adhai seivom.
iTunesil innoru dhadavai Thiruvasagam purchase panninen - indiavil vaangiya CDyai vida nalla quality - I urge folks to do that and enjoy the bliss. $9.99 is too low a price for this masterpiece while other symphinic works (even the oft heard and average ones) sell at $15 a piece.

irir123
30th January 2010, 11:12 PM
After wandering around the tfmpage.com & the hub for more than a decade, I'm quite convinced that Raja NEED NOT do a symphony to prove his greatness :-)

If he does, I'll be happy. If he does not, I'll still be happy :-)

One thing he has made very clear is the "commercial non-viability" of scoring for a symphony. (I can interpret his statement about technology only this way).

Cine music pays him and he does that.

If symphony / xyz music pays him sufficiently, he will do that as well.

That's all about it, very simbil :-)

noone doubts his greatness - my one and only concern is that he shd not fade away but rather continue in grander fashion - symphonic works are 'grand' - i have been discussing the works of later composers like Gustav Mahler, Dmitri Shostakovich etc, and I would love to see IR lined up with them - there is and will always be an audience for them - IR can easily juggle between symphonic works and commercial filmy popcorn music (which is what he does these days, barring a PR, or a PAA) - am sure he knows that too, but something definitive is preventing him from doing this

jaiganes
30th January 2010, 11:13 PM
abt raajaa simply calling sony and asking them to pickup distribution of thiruvaasagam - the most naive statement made by IRIR in this hub.
The base of TiS listeners are in tamil nadu only. the original scope with gulzar and everybody would have interested SONY . For a non filmi experimental devotional spiritual - whew - I am at the most minor branch of my marketing categories where it will be placed next to a little known album called Akhand released by some Kalki devotees.
so this had to be a oor koodi izhukkum thaer and I am proud that he reached out to millions of fans like me (and offcourse - YOU IRIR) who are buying tiS copies till date and gifting them regularly to friends adn family.
All this on top of his capricious business sense.. so the numbers easily add up against him in public sphere. Could he have avoided it - In my opinion NO and that is why he tied up with Agi - which is smart in the sense that none of the brilliant BGM pieces will lie wasted in a film hereafter and one can hope that AGI will release them like Music Messaiah.

irir123
30th January 2010, 11:23 PM
]abt raajaa simply calling sony and asking them to pickup distribution of thiruvaasagam - the most naive statement made by IRIR in this hub.[/b]
The base of TiS listeners are in tamil nadu only. the original scope with gulzar and everybody would have interested SONY . For a non filmi experimental devotional spiritual - whew - I am at the most minor branch of my marketing categories where it will be placed next to a little known album called Akhand released by some Kalki devotees.

I strongly disagree with you on this! its not abt the base, but abt the reach it cud have had with Sony, which wud have easily reached so many appreciative ears everywhere - and it wud have been easier then for sony or anyone else to approach IR for other albums, then IR cud have easily told them 'i want to do this, that' and given what he wanted to do all the time - am not going to be apologetic abt my thoughts/comment abt his choice of associating with a non-professional for an album like TiS - the lack of coherence in thinking and logic in such a decision is palpable and shocking

in the end, IR can and will do what he chooses to do, thats his problem/domain, I only wish he did otherwise, for my own selfish reasons/desire of listening to grander works from him, the chances for which IMHO are diminishing by the day

each time i play his music to someone who has not listened to him before, that moment when i see the spark of understanding in his/her eyes the music creates, my heart swells with joy and also a sadness that his music has to reach ppl through such means, when they could have been done better!

jaiganes
30th January 2010, 11:25 PM
As regards to IR's wavering spiritual mind - well he personifies every person who is spiritual and is getting there. There is no use in putting on a humility cloak and have a dual face - having that will make one spiritually immoral and coming to terms of such a spiritual duality is of more torture for the inclined follower. Offcourse to people observing it will be very confusing and chaotic. This is one more reason why masters adviced 'solitude' or ekaantha for a person completely inclined to be spiritual to avoid the brickbats of public reaction to one's confusion. This is very usual and yogis pass over this by either ekantha or mouna( SILENCE). I as a fan of Raja's music and a early baby of spiritual knowledge can understand parts of it and therefore accept Raaja for what he was , is and trying to become. Someone like Raja_Fan and more ppl in the hub can sound like conch blowers and whistle blowers of truth about Raaja, but they are taking a 'Black and White' approach in doing so. As I said earlier, a person is not the sum of all his public utterances - and there will always be more than what meets the public eye including 'he did not serve me water ' to ' he asked me to wipe off an entire length of interview'.
As far as the charu quoted 'Thanni vakkala' gripe of a mallu journo - I would only say, 'endaa ambi - moocha varudhunnu sonna, raaja enna ingaye moochi po' appdinnaa solla poraar. excuseaa illai velila odi poyee thanni kudikka? CRV blogai oru dhadavai padingappa.

Finally (from my side) Raaja vai paththi judgement kudukka naam yaar? such things are between him and his maker(If he believes in one). We are passerbys in tea shops. However I want to bring to Raja_fans and Kamesh ratnams of this hub's attention - vera media personality paththi dhairyamaa indha maadhiri Citizen kane inspection pannida mudiyumaa without being harrowed and bullied?

Sureshs65
31st January 2010, 12:37 AM
Jai,

Very well said. For all the crib that raja_fan does can he point out any other personality who has been given this treatment by all and sundry. And their respective fans being as civilized as here. Maybe raja_fan would have tried it somewhere else and come back here, knowing fully well this is the only place where even posters like him will be tolerated. After all that we have everybody jumping that we are the most intolerant :lol:

irir123: I fully agree with you in the sense that I too would love Raja doing more and more work. Infact today afternoon, this was the discussion with a friend as to what Raja has lined up this year. I would be happy whatever he does. I don't have any demands as to what he should or should not do. Anything he does, I am willing to listen. He hasn't failed me till now and I am confident he won't in the future as well.

Reg Sony etc, I would say that Jai has a valid point. I don't think Sony would have thought that 'Tiruvasagam' would be a best seller. I am sure even if Raja was ready whether Sony would have been. I am saying this because I understand that Raja's market is not something which is pan India and 'Tiruvasagam' in WCM style is not something which would appeal to everyone. Infact I am surprised that it was done at all!! Yes, the reach would definitely have been better. Sony released 'Om Shanthi' and the very next day after the release function it was available in Bangalore. Whereas I am still searching for 'Madhiya Chennai'.

I hope we will all agree to put an end to this personality related discussions for the time being. I know that something or the other will crop up when Raja goes to make a speech. For the time being, let us stop here and continue discussions regarding music. We have given everyone a chance to have their say.

irir123
31st January 2010, 12:56 AM
Sony released 'Om Shanthi' and the very next day after the release function it was available in Bangalore.

is it ?? do you know where I can get it online ?? tried searching for it on sony's website, but nothing comes up

Sureshs65
31st January 2010, 01:14 AM
No clue on the onsite stuff irir123. I generally haven't bought anything via the net recently. I will check out the album cover and see if there is any link and will let you know.

rajasaranam
31st January 2010, 09:53 AM
I am sure even if Raja was ready whether Sony would have been.

Both Sony & Saregama were ready for Thiruvaasagam production & Marketing. It was Raaja who signed with 'Wellgate' in India and 'Agi music' for overseas. Copy rights & Royalty issues were the deciding factors.

andha level business sense koodavaa ivarukku illaaama pocchu ??

Enna Seiyarathu :( He doesnt have that and people around him have more sense than needed.

rajasaranam
31st January 2010, 07:19 PM
Got this link from Orkut
Dr.Vijay had uploaded it.
http://www.mediafire.com/?wz5dmmkaz2a

SVN
31st January 2010, 07:21 PM
ASIANET is airing the Asianet 2010 Awards program. Lots of IR songs being performed. Next in line is Chitra's Kunnathe. The entire cast of Pazhassi Raja and others like Kamal are in the audience.

rajasaranam
31st January 2010, 07:31 PM
வினையும் (http://www.saravanakumaran.com/2010/01/blog-post_24.html) எதிர்வினையும் (http://eppoodi.blogspot.com/2010/01/blog-post_31.html)

Start Meesic :happydance:

pulavar
31st January 2010, 07:37 PM
[tscii:ad6e0874ea]South Indian Actor Arya opens Production House

South Indian actor Arya has opened his own production house The Show People, its first project being Padi Thurai. He has the shared the responsibility of the films among friends and other industry people.

Currently busy acting in a Telugu flick Madrasa Pattinam, Chikku Bukkku, Arya seems to the person who likes to concentrate on one thing at a time.
Though the talented actor has started his production house, he just wants to act as a producer in it, rather than acting in the films churned out by his production house.

He says, “I have started a production house- The Show People, along with my friends. I will be producing three films per year. My first film will be Padi Thurai. Bala assistant Saga is directing this film. Ilayaraja is composing the music. New face Abhishek is doing the lead role and Nadodigal Anaya is pairing with him. Saga has asked me to do a role in this film but I strongly rejected this idea. My only role in this film is that of a producer.”[/tscii:ad6e0874ea]

K
1st February 2010, 05:58 AM
http://tamil.webdunia.com/entertainment/film/featuresorarticles/1001/30/1100130057_1.htm

raja_fan
1st February 2010, 10:58 AM
And their respective fans being as civilized as here. Maybe raja_fan would have tried it somewhere else and come back here, knowing fully well this is the only place where even posters like him will be tolerated.

Again a personal attack rather than discussing facts in this forum !

And you are talking about tolerance and the treatment meted out to IR ! :)

tvsankar
1st February 2010, 07:38 PM
And their respective fans being as civilized as here. Maybe raja_fan would have tried it somewhere else and come back here, knowing fully well this is the only place where even posters like him will be tolerated.

Again a personal attack rather than discussing facts in this forum !

And you are talking about tolerance and the treatment meted out to IR ! :)

raja_fan,

Neenga seiyaradhu enna velai?
Raja vai patri attack dhanae...

Ethanai time, ehtanai kelvi ku , ungaluku elalrum
bhadhil solliyachae..

Neena Raja ai attack seiyalam...
Vambaga alaiyum ungalai Personal Attack seiya kudadha? :lol:

IR fans - engalai vida - Neenga neraiya IR ai nenaikareenga ... very nice...

(kadavulai illai endu solbavan - Kadavulai iruku endru Nambigiravanai vida adhigam ninaikaran. Adhanal avanuku than
kadavul arul kidaikum...

adhai pola. IR ai pazhichu pazhichu, IR ai neraiya nenaikareenga.. Koodiya viraivil - UNMAIYANA raja_fan aga aga poreenga.. gavanama irunga.)

NormalMan
1st February 2010, 09:45 PM
Curious question - who nominates albums for the Grammy's?

baroque
1st February 2010, 10:33 PM
Record companies like Sony, Time etc.. or even Individuals can submit their work with a physical copy for reviews.
Albums or single songs/tracks they can submit.
Ravi Shankar's WEST MEETS EAST is a nice album with Yehudi Menuhin.
It is my favorite , enchanting poorya dhanashri.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1yEZ_RIQHU&feature=related

Zakir hussain's Global drum Project, I need to search at the Library this evening. :)
My thanks to Shri.L.Subramaniam for introducing me to the wonderful Yehudi Menuhin, Stephene Grappelli during 90s at Madras .... I bought couple of their fusion jazz albums.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV0IcFyXUWs

I am Very Happy for A.R.Rahman. :musicsmile:
vinatha. :)

Sureshs65
1st February 2010, 10:35 PM
Usha,

Don't worry. raja_fan has clearly proved his posts are worth ignoring. That is what I intend to do unless he starts posting something related to music.

app_engine
1st February 2010, 11:01 PM
Interesting picture (from dinamaNi on Padmabhushan award):

[html:305bde5858]
http://www.dinamani.com/Images/article/2010/1/26/award1.jpg
[/html:305bde5858]

app_engine
2nd February 2010, 12:40 AM
ok, some more on IR's "biz acumen" :

http://www.vallinam.com.my/issue14/column1.html

app_engine
2nd February 2010, 12:46 AM
Not a justification for IR's eccentricities, but this report gives some insight as to how circumstances can push one to making certain statements :

http://www.thenaali.com/thenaali.aspx?N=5402

கடந்த சில தினங்களுக்கு முன் இசைஞானி இளையராஜா வீட்டில் திரண்டார்கள் பத்திரிகையாளர்கள். அத்தனை பேரையும் எதிர்பார்க்காத ராஜா, என்ன இத்தனை பேர் திரண்டு வந்திருக்கீங்க என்று ஆச்சரியத்தை வெளிப்படுத்தினார். தேசிய விருது பெற்ற அவரை வாழ்த்தவும் அவரது கருத்தைக் கேட்கவும் கூடிய கூட்டம் இது.

ஆனால் ஆர்வக்கோளாறில் முண்டியடித்து முன்னேறியவர்கள் அவரது வீட்டில் அழகுக்காக வைக்கப்பட்டிருந்த பல பொருட்களை உடைத்துத் தள்ளிவிட்டார்கள். இது ராஜாவை கொஞ்சம் கவலைப்பட வைத்திருக்கிறது. அதைக்கூட மன்னிக்கலாம். வாழ்த்த வந்தவர்கள் கேட்ட கேள்விகளும் அவருக்கு ஆத்திரத்தை வரவழைத்துவிட்டது.

ஒரு நிருபர் "ஒரு படத்துக்கு நீங்க நாலு பாட்டு போட்டா அதில ஒன்றுதானே ஹிட் ஆகுது. ஏன் எல்லா பாட்டும் ஹிட் ஆக மாட்டேங்குது?" என்றெல்லாம் கேள்வி கேட்டு அனல் மூட்டினார். இதுபோன்ற பல கேள்விகள் அவரை எரிச்சல் மூட்ட, நல்ல நல்ல கேள்விகளுக்குகூடச் சுள்ளென்று பதில் சொன்னார் இளையராஜா.

app_engine
2nd February 2010, 01:15 AM
The title for the thread "rAjar" is quite funny :-) (Remember the "Suryar" discussion in the TF section?)

Interestingly, the British lady who made out my badge for a recent seminar added a "r" in the end of my name, by mistake :-)

I got reminded of the hub and had a secret laugh :-)

jaiganes
2nd February 2010, 01:23 AM
Not a justification for IR's eccentricities, but this report gives some insight as to how circumstances can push one to making certain statements :

http://www.thenaali.com/thenaali.aspx?N=5402

கடந்த சில தினங்களுக்கு முன் இசைஞானி இளையராஜா வீட்டில் திரண்டார்கள் பத்திரிகையாளர்கள். அத்தனை பேரையும் எதிர்பார்க்காத ராஜா, என்ன இத்தனை பேர் திரண்டு வந்திருக்கீங்க என்று ஆச்சரியத்தை வெளிப்படுத்தினார். தேசிய விருது பெற்ற அவரை வாழ்த்தவும் அவரது கருத்தைக் கேட்கவும் கூடிய கூட்டம் இது.

ஆனால் ஆர்வக்கோளாறில் முண்டியடித்து முன்னேறியவர்கள் அவரது வீட்டில் அழகுக்காக வைக்கப்பட்டிருந்த பல பொருட்களை உடைத்துத் தள்ளிவிட்டார்கள். இது ராஜாவை கொஞ்சம் கவலைப்பட வைத்திருக்கிறது. அதைக்கூட மன்னிக்கலாம். வாழ்த்த வந்தவர்கள் கேட்ட கேள்விகளும் அவருக்கு ஆத்திரத்தை வரவழைத்துவிட்டது.

ஒரு நிருபர் "ஒரு படத்துக்கு நீங்க நாலு பாட்டு போட்டா அதில ஒன்றுதானே ஹிட் ஆகுது. ஏன் எல்லா பாட்டும் ஹிட் ஆக மாட்டேங்குது?" என்றெல்லாம் கேள்வி கேட்டு அனல் மூட்டினார். இதுபோன்ற பல கேள்விகள் அவரை எரிச்சல் மூட்ட, நல்ல நல்ல கேள்விகளுக்குகூடச் சுள்ளென்று பதில் சொன்னார் இளையராஜா.

this and your previous posts must be eye openers for many.
the prism called ilayaraaja has many more faces to unravel adn many more colours to reveal before he can be labeled as X or Y. I hope everyone understands and lets the great artist work on his own pace and with his own way of making things happen..

rajasaranam
2nd February 2010, 09:55 AM
ok, some more on IR's "biz acumen" :

http://www.vallinam.com.my/issue14/column1.html

மிகப்பெரிய புத்திசாலித்தனமோ உயர்ந்த கற்பனை வளமோ
மேதைகளை உருவாக்குவதில்லை.
மாறாத அன்பு, அன்பு, அன்பு மட்டுமே
ஓர் உண்மையான மேதையின் ஆன்மாவாக இருக்கிறது
- மொஸார்ட்

raja_fan
2nd February 2010, 10:44 AM

bhadhil solliyachae..

Vambaga alaiyum ungalai Personal Attack seiya kudadha?

What I do is criticism !
I do not call IR names or ridiculing for its sake. I have facts to share and I am doing that.
If you can, please do that instead of brushing aside facts or resorting to personal attacks.

And some people here speak as though I have only postings which talk of IR's personality. For them, I cannot show all my nearly 9 years of involvement in this forum discussing about his music.
But I am confined mostly to his personality and speeches in recent times, because that is what people here do nowadays...only thing they want everybody to worship IR as they do..

tvsankar
2nd February 2010, 11:19 AM

bhadhil solliyachae..

Vambaga alaiyum ungalai Personal Attack seiya kudadha?

What I do is criticism !
I do not call IR names or ridiculing for its sake. I have facts to share and I am doing that.
If you can, please do that instead of brushing aside facts or resorting to personal attacks.

And some people here speak as though I have only postings which talk of IR's personality. For them, I cannot show all my nearly 9 years of involvement in this forum discussing about his music.
But I am confined mostly to his personality and speeches in recent times, because that is what people here do nowadays...only thing they want everybody to worship IR as they do..

raja_fan,

as u told...only thing they want everybody to worship IR as they do..

Indha arthathil Naangal ingae pesavillai ..

Konjam ezhudha therinjadhum, ezhudha oru idam kidaithadhum,

ORU GARVAM VADNHU - AVAN AVAN RAAJA VAI ALASARANGALAE.....
IDHARKU ELLAM IVARGALUKU ENNA THAGUDHI IRUKIRADHU.....
UNMAIYAI MUZHUVADHUM THERINDHU KONDU VITTU THANAE JUDGEMENT SEIYA VENDUM.......
IDHU DHAN ENGAL PAKKAM KARUTHU........

raja_fan
2nd February 2010, 01:43 PM
Konjam ezhudha therinjadhum, ezhudha oru idam kidaithadhum,

Idhu inge ellorukkum porundhum. adhanaal ungal pirachchanaiye indha forum thaano ?

ORU GARVAM VADNHU - AVAN AVAN RAAJA VAI ALASARANGALAE.....

"avan avan"
aha ! enna oru mariyaadhai..paraspara uraiyaadalin pothu oru kuraintha patcha mariyaadhai irukka vendum..adhu ithu thaan.

IDHARKU ELLAM IVARGALUKU ENNA THAGUDHI IRUKIRADHU.....

enna thaguthi vendum aiyyaa ?
"isai gnaaniyai vimarsikka isai gnaanikku mattum thaan thaguthi irukku" enru neengal sonnaal...aiy..askku buskku..apparam indha forum inge ennaththukku ?

tvsankar
2nd February 2010, 01:58 PM
raja_fan,
Ungaludan ini pesuvadhaga ilai..

Urupadadha vaadham , pechu, vaarthai - idharku ellam bhadhil solla vendiya avasiyam
ENAKU ILALI ENA MUDIVU SEIDHU, INI MEL
UNGALUDAIYA - DHARKA DHEERIYANA PECHUKU
BHADHIL SOLLA MATEN .....

Plum
2nd February 2010, 02:16 PM
raja_fan, here's a deal - ungaLukkAga oru thread aarambikkarEn. eppOvellAm ungaLukku IR-ai thittaNumnu thOnudhO ange pOyi aasai thIra thittikkunga, ukkarndhukittu thittikunga, paduthikittu thittikunga, thittO thittunu thittikkUnga - deal? :-)

raja_fan
2nd February 2010, 03:10 PM
raja_fan,
Ungaludan ini pesuvadhaga ilai..

Urupadadha vaadham , pechu, vaarthai - idharku ellam bhadhil solla vendiya avasiyam
ENAKU ILALI ENA MUDIVU SEIDHU, INI MEL
UNGALUDAIYA - DHARKA DHEERIYANA PECHUKU
BHADHIL SOLLA MATEN .....

romba santhosham :)

raja_fan, here's a deal - ungaLukkAga oru thread aarambikkarEn. eppOvellAm ungaLukku IR-ai thittaNumnu thOnudhO ange pOyi aasai thIra thittikkunga, ukkarndhukittu thittikunga, paduthikittu thittikunga, thittO thittunu thittikkUnga - deal?

Plum, chinna thiruththam..naan IR-ai thittave illai. avarudaiya gunaththai vimarsiththen..adhuvum romba illai..
ennai thitravangalukku padhil solla poi thaan romba posts adikka vendiyadhaa pochchu..

adhanaala neenga pesaama ennai thittravangalukku oru thread aarambinga..ennaa adhu thaan adhigamaa irukku ;)
aanaa enakkaaga oru thread aarabikkara alavukku neenga innum uruppadaama pogalai-nu nenaikkaren ;)

tvsankar
2nd February 2010, 03:16 PM
plum,
raja_fan - ippodhaiku indha thread ai matum
distrub pannanam nu mudivu sendhu irukar.

adhanala - indha thread ai vittu poga matar....

computer la vara virus madhiri

ivar - raja thread ku vandha virus...

epadi ozhikiradhu?

raja_fan
2nd February 2010, 05:23 PM
ENAKU ILALI

epadi ozhikiradhu?

:rotfl:

jaiganes
2nd February 2010, 06:57 PM
romba naal munnaadi hub mainla naan 'roasting' apdinnu oru thread aarambichen. ippo seriousaa pannitu irukkaar R_F.
He is advicing us about the dark side of IR as if we have built a temple for IR or we have invested thousands of rupees on IR chitfund.
All we have invested is in his music and adhula edhuvum korai solrathukillai - so this vehment picketing of this thread by him/her is very funny to say the least.

tvsankar
2nd February 2010, 07:33 PM
jaiganes,
no prob. anyway thread la top threada iruku indha thread....
hahhahahha...

app_engine
2nd February 2010, 08:27 PM
rs,
Nice quote :-)

When I thought a little bit about IR's extraordinary karisanai for Agi, it kind of sounded like his typical relationship with other filmi artists / producers as well. For e.g., he'll reject a movie from some big star / banner etc but happily sign up for a rank newcomer, often without great ideas or even no good plot etc. Why, even without the financial ability to complete the project.

His leaning towards unknown brands for music marketing may also be in a similar vain - like - I don't care for the big names / big reach etc - whatever will reach people will reach - whatever will happen will happen etc. Some vEdhAntham, some kick-out-of-super-ego, some inexplicable love, some reminders of his own "coming-up-from-no-background" thingy etc.

His personality study should be really an interesting one, if done without prejudice :-)

Sanjeevi
2nd February 2010, 11:09 PM
ENAKU ILALI

epadi ozhikiradhu?

:rotfl:

wov you are not angry this time. Good r_f

tvsankar
2nd February 2010, 11:14 PM
Sanjeevi,
edhuku pa patha vaikare.....

adangi irukara virus ai........

seendadhaeyen...... :D

apram namaku than kashtam.... :shock:

Sureshs65
2nd February 2010, 11:25 PM
rs,

'netthiyadi' quote !!!

Jai: I have in this same thread asked raja_fan to let us know who this 'sthapatis' were who were building this temple for Raja!! He is yet to get back to us on why and how he got this impression. He uses the standard technique of repeating a lie hoping that it becomes the truth. So let us wait for him to give us the evidence of where and who was building this temple for Raja. I am sure it will not come, as it doesn't exist in this forum.

app_engine
2nd February 2010, 11:34 PM
Sureshji,

Isn't it interesting to see that all those who appreciate IR's music accept him just as human as he is (with the associated imperfections) while those who hate him / his music (like Charu) set standards for him to be divine - flawless / forgiving etc.

What an irony!

Sureshs65
3rd February 2010, 12:40 AM
app_eng,

You hit the nail on the head. Irony indeed. That's how the Tamil milieu is nowadays. Very unfortunate.

baroque
3rd February 2010, 12:48 AM
I love Shri.Ir's sangeetham.
but when I watched his reply for the Rahman question in that video post,
I also felt bad... kind disappointed. :(
பெரியவங்க அப்படி பேச மாட்டங்க... :twisted:
வாழ்த்துக்கள் .. அப்படின்னு natural ஆ சொல்லுவாங்க .. :)
இயல்பா அப்படிதான் கேள்வி பட்டுருக்கேன் in life.
There is no excuse, people broke his house's அலங்கார சாமான்கள் or they asked him about his hit rate etc..
BUT I moved on in few minutes... discussing this episode to my family, a friend, my brother in law... We went on with our daily agenda of enjoying IR's Sangeetham.. அவரு அவ்வளவுதான் என்று... :shock:
LESS I LISTEN/READ about Ilayaraaja is BETTER for me!
More time I spend enjoying his music, be thankful for that! :)

raja_fan, IR sucks sometimes! please, MOVE ON! :)
vinatha.

jaiganes
3rd February 2010, 01:43 AM
raja_fan, IR sucks sometimes! please, MOVE ON! :)
vinatha.
(in reference to the bolded portions from your quote)All i am saying to you and to raja_fans of this world is - look around you, look at yourself in mirror too , so does everyone. just that someone hides it behind a veneer, while some dont. So lets accept that as a fact on face value and proceed. Now I personally have no problems if R_F doesnt move on. From now on - I am going to ignore him/her.

baroque
3rd February 2010, 01:53 AM
You don't need to care, Jai.

Face value or tact or whatever.. I don't know.
enakku kashtamaa dhaan erundhadhu..
I think i moved on with my daily agendas...
Good for me. :)
vinatha.

Bala (Karthik)
3rd February 2010, 02:18 AM
raja_fan,

1. So what?
2. Let him cast the first stone, he who has not sinned
3. We react from media reports and "my friend/relative said this" kind of reports, myself included. There might be more to those than meets the eye
4. Irrespective of all those (i've read/heard much worse and i have good reason to believe some of those), whats the big deal? Do you think these questions and answers are more important than "Ilaiyaraaja"?
5. This is a general note to myself, often. Kaal amuthing is more important than karuthu pesing

IMO, a real fan of music, does not let any of these come in the way of disturbing his relationship with Raaja(=music)

ivai en karuthu, thaazhmayaanadhu alla...

P.S: Whatever it is, i'm not going to 'justify' or indulge in gymnastics for the same...

Plum
3rd February 2010, 02:03 PM
BTW, RS's quote is also the signature of our dear venkkiram.
And I vehemently disagree - in fact, App_engine's theory is that IR's output is very good only when he is angry, petty, mean or frustrated, or in a high-ego state. There is a lot of evidence, too, for that. Ultimately, even that is not true. Would we say Janani Janani came when IR was at his heightened self-ego state?I dont think so. It is just app's theory.

Mozart sonnA adhu Mozart avargaL karuthu - adhukkAga anbu seluthuravan dhAn periya isai kalaignannu solla mudiyAdhu. Ultimately, there is no cosmic correlation between the behaviour or character of a man and the success levels/achievements of him/her.

All possible permutations and combinations of good/bad character with great/pooor success rate and great/average/poor talent and achievement - are visible all around us.

Bala (Karthik)
3rd February 2010, 02:30 PM
BTW, RS's quote is also the signature of our dear venkkiram.
And I vehemently disagree - in fact, App_engine's theory is that IR's output is very good only when he is angry, petty, mean or frustrated, or in a high-ego state. There is a lot of evidence, too, for that. Ultimately, even that is not true. Would we say Janani Janani came when IR was at his heightened self-ego state?I dont think so. It is just app's theory.

Mozart sonnA adhu Mozart avargaL karuthu - adhukkAga anbu seluthuravan dhAn periya isai kalaignannu solla mudiyAdhu. Ultimately, there is no cosmic correlation between the behaviour or character of a man and the success levels/achievements of him/her.

All possible permutations and combinations of good/bad character with great/pooor success rate and great/average/poor talent and achievement - are visible all around us.
:exactly:

Moreover, i really have a doubt whether Mozart really said that or if its another popular legend.

app_engine
3rd February 2010, 08:50 PM
http://www.keetru.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3092:2010-02-03-11-07-26&catid=1:articles&Itemid=87

There can be any number of such experiences (for and against).

The last line of this article, however, sums up nicely how to approach this phenomenon :-)

tvsankar
3rd February 2010, 09:24 PM
enna kodumai idhu.......

IR - Orchestration la work panravanga,
Avar kite - ipodhum veetilae velai seiyaravanga
- Ivanga interview ellam varadha....

Pidikadhavanga or edho thappu senjavanga - adhai maraichu, IR ai complaint solra vishayam matum
dhan veliyae varuma.........

irir123
3rd February 2010, 09:26 PM
Sureshs65 - pls check your PM - thx

tvsankar
3rd February 2010, 09:28 PM
Idanala ellam IR kettavara aga matar....

IR - Vehsam poda theriyadhavar...

Aalai parthu - Mugasthudhi seiyadhavar..

Aadhayam karuthi - sirkara type ilai.

Aadhayam karuthi - pesara type ilai.

Aadhayam karuthi - pugazhara type ilai.

Idhu varai - indha Manushan - orutharai
patriyum - Thappu sollama irukarae..

Idharku enna artham...

Ellarum correct.. IR matum Thappu seidhavara......

Adhanal dhan solgiren...

He is Great. Avar nallavar. yarukum endha thappum seidhu iruka matar..

Thappu seidhavan - Adhai maraithu, pesugiran.
adhu elalm veliyae varugiradhu........

tvsankar
3rd February 2010, 09:31 PM
Vesham podaravan dhan - indha ulagil nallavan
endral,

Nichayam - IR Nallavan ilai.

romba romba kettavan indha IR..........

tvsankar
3rd February 2010, 09:34 PM
padhmavibhooshan - youtube parthu , parhtu,
IR oda behaviour parthu parthu

neraiya neraiya blogs varum - In near future...

apodhu sonna oru vaarthai

idhu varai yarum gavanikavilai..

or

pruiyavilai. hahhaaha
adharkum oru nyanam venum pa.....

IR solli irukar - Award kedachadhu pathi
enna nenaikareenga - idhu kelvi

IR solli irukar - Award vangalai. kedachu iruku............

app_engine
3rd February 2010, 10:22 PM
Usha chEchchi,

this link is for you :

http://radiospathy.blogspot.com/2010/01/2009.html

Have fun!

tvsankar
3rd February 2010, 11:18 PM
Thank you app...

Sureshs65
4th February 2010, 12:24 AM
Plum,

RS was deliberately re-quoting Shaji, who in his article had used this quote to say that Raja is not a man like this. RS was giving it back to Shaji with interest when quoting Agilan's case.

Anyway, I am fully with you. And as Bala, I too am not sure if Mozart actually said. More importantly, I am not sure if Mozart actually lived his quote. But why get that great man here. What is important is that the quote is a load of BS. As you said, every possible combination of a person's behavior and artistic merit exists. (I remember a massive debate in sangeetham.com in olden days when Umayalpuram Sivaraman was given the 'Sangeetha Kalanidhi' award. Someone miffed by Sivaraman's attitude had gone on to question how such a person can be given such a prestigious award. As it always happens, both sides had lot of supporters. Everyone had their fun.)

That is exactly what is happening nowadays. Everyone is having their fun. People seem to feel superior if they talk bad about an icon like Raja. The biggest joke is that many will have their own favorite literary person / rock musician / music director / columnist whom they love. And of course, they don't care about that person's private life at all.

I am sure about one thing. Our future generations, separated in time enough to look at only the art, will laugh at us. That such an unmatched genius lived in our midst and all we could think of is such petty things to write about him. They will think of us as a generation of Idiots. (Not in the positive sense that is bandied about today but as a synonym for a fool.) So, to all Raja lovers, my request is that we keep posting as much as we can about Raja's music. Atleast we can show it to our grandchildren and say, "I wasn't too bad. I knew my music."

Well, when Gandhi himself has not been above such tirades, how do you expect Raja to escape? But true quality will always triumph. Like Ramachandra Guha, Ashish Nandy and now Jeyamohan, holding the flag of Gandhi, there will be enough scholars in the future who will hold high the flag of Raja. Of that I have no doubt. It is just that it pains you to see so much pettiness all around.

raja_fan: Here I have built the temple for Raja. You can quote me in future :D

Sureshs65
4th February 2010, 12:28 AM
And before you start complaining that I am comparing Raja with Gandhi, let me make my intention clear. What I meant here is that Gandhi, the epitome of morality and the epitome of simplicity, has been torn to bit by his many detractors for what he did, what he didn't etc. So how can you expect Raja, who I consider to as good or as bad a person as any one of us, escape the scrutiny?

tvsankar
4th February 2010, 01:47 AM
suresh,
well said.

But one thing....

Galileo madhiri, Jesus madhiri kashta padalai.
Thank you God.....

Ivargal ellam - Avargal period il, purindhu kolla pada vilai.
Maaraga, thandanaiku utpadutha pattargal... Thunburutha pattargal.....

Ethanai Nootrandugal kadandha pin dhan, Ivargalin
Greatness ulagirku therindhadhu.

Indru varai padithu kondu irukirom - Ivargalai ellam.....

Adhai pola than Nam Isai Nyani yum..

Nyani means - theerka tharisi - Tholai nooku paarvaiyil
nadapadhai unarvadhu....

adhu oru Wisdom....

Nam Raaja oru Isaiyil Nyani - idhai , pala nootrandugal kadandha pinnarae , indha ulagam unarndhu, ivarai patri
padithu therindhu kollum.

Adhu nichayam ...........

krish244
4th February 2010, 09:21 AM
First time I am hearing about the composers Atul Gogavale and Ajay Gogavale. They consider IR as their dhronacharya.

http://www.planetradiocity.com/musicreporter/interview.php?interviewid=445

thanks,

Krishnan

crvenky
4th February 2010, 11:04 AM
From Ananda Vikatan - 10.2.2010

''இளைஞர்களை இசை மூலமாகச் சந்திப்பேன்!''
இளையராஜாவின் புதிய திட்டம்
- நா.கதிர்வேலன்,படங்கள்: கே.ராஜசேகரன்

எப்போதும் கலகலக்கும் எம்.ஓ.பி. வைஷ்ணவா கல்லூரி வளாகம், அன்று பவ்யமும் திவ்யமுமாக நிறைந் திருந்தது. காரணம், ராஜா!

கல்லூரி விழாவுக்கு வந்திருந்தவரிடம், ''பத்மபூஷ ணுக்கு வாழ்த்துக்கள்!' என்றேன். சின்னப் புன்னகை யுடன் ''காரில் ஏறுங்க'' என்றார். கோடம்பாக்கமே தவம் இருக்க, அபூர்வமாக புன்னகைத்துக் கடக்கிற அதே ராஜா, பழைய ஞாபகங்களில் தொடங்கி இந்த நொடி வரை ஒரு நதியாக வளைந்து நெளிந்து பெருகும் மெட் டைப் போலவே அரிதான உரையாடலில் தொடங்கினார்.

''பத்மபூஷண் விருது உங்களுக்குக் கிடைத்திருப்பதில் ரொம்ப சந்தோஷம். ஆனாலும், 20 வருடங்களுக்கு முன்னாடியே கிடைச்சிருக்கணும்னு பேசிக்கிறாங்க. எப்படி உணர்றீங்க?''

''விருது கிடைத்ததில் மகிழ்ச்சி. மிகுந்த மரியாதையுடன் அதை ஏற்றுக்கொள்கிறேன். தமிழ்நாட்டுக்கும், தமிழ் இசைக்கும், தமிழ் இசைக் கலைஞர்களுக்கும் கிடைத்த உயரிய கௌரவமாகக் கருதுகிறேன்!''

''இத்தனை வருடங்களாக நாங்க இளையராஜாவைப் பார்த்த பிரமிப்பும், கொடுத்த மரியாதையும், இந்தத் தலைமுறை மாணவிகளிடமும் இருக்கு. திரையிசையில் மாபெரும் வெற்றி பெற்ற உங்களின் அடுத்த திட்டம் என்ன?''

''திட்டமிட்டு எதையும் நான் செய்யறது இல்லை. திட்டம் போட்டு நடக்கணுங்கிறது நம்ம கையிலா இருக்கு? நமக்கு விதிச்சது இல்லாமல் எதுவும் நடக்காது. 'அன்னக்கிளி' ஆரம்பிச்சு 25 படம் வரைக்கும் பிளான் பண்ணி மியூஸிக் போட்டிருக்கலாம். அப்புறம் ஆன்மிகம், தெய்வ நம்பிக்கைன்னு வந்த பின்னாடி, எல்லாமே அன்னன்னிக்கு வந்த விஷயம்தான். How to name it, Nothing but wind, திருவாசகம் எல்லாமே தானாக நிகழ்ந்ததுதான். காற்றுபோல, ஒளிபோல இசையும் பரவி யாரையாவது, எங்கேயாவது போய் அடைஞ்சுக்கிட்டே இருக்கணும். கொட்டுகிற இசை மழை யில் எங்கேயாவது, யாராவது துளிர்க்கணும்... பூக்கணும். அடையாளம் தெரியாத இந்தப் பயணத்தை இசை செய்துக்கிட்டே இருக்கணும். நொடிக்கு நொடி என்னைப் புதுப்பிச்சுக்கிட்டு இத்தனை வருஷமா இயங்கிட்டு இருக்கேன். இப்படிப்பட்ட நல்ல சூழலில் என்னை இறைவன் வைத்திருக்கும்போது, நான் நிறைவாக உணர்வது தானே நியாயம்?

நமக்குத் தெரிஞ்ச இசையை இளைஞர்களுக்குக் கொடுத்துட்டுப் போகணும்னு மட்டும் தோணுது. அதற்குச் சூழல் அமையணும். நான் எடுத்துட்டுப் போக ஒண்ணுமே இல்லை. கொடுத்துட்டுப் போகத்தான் இருக்கு. எனது அனுபவத்தைப் பகிரவும் இளைய தலைமுறைக்கு விட்டுட்டுப் போகவும் தயாரா இருக்கேன். தமிழ்நாடு முழுவதும் பயணம் செய்து இளைஞர்களை இசை மூலமா ஒன்றிணைக்கணும். பார்க்கலாம், என்ன நடக்குதுன்னு பார்க்கலாம்!''

''கொடுத்துட்டுப் போவதாக இருந்தால், அதை எந்த மாதிரி செய்யலாம்னு, அதற்கான செயல்திட்டம் என்ன?''

''உலகத்தோட ஒரு பக்கத்துல பீத்தோவன், மொஸார்ட்னு இருந்திருக்காங்க. நம்ம பக்கம் தியாகராஜ சுவாமிகள், முத்துசாமி தீட்சிதர், சியாமா சாஸ்திரி, அருணாசலக் கவிராயர், முத்துத் தாண்டவர்னு இருந்தாங்க. எல்லாமே 18-ம் நூற்றாண்டோடு முடிஞ்சுபோச்சு. அதற்குப் பிறகு இன்னொரு மொஸார்ட் வரவே இல்லை. உலகம் தோற்றுவிக்கலைன்னு அர்த்தம் கிடையாது. அந்த நிகழ்வு நடை பெறலை. புரந்தரதாசர் வரைக்கும் அவங்க பங்குக்கு எல்லாத்தையும் கொடுத்துட்டுப் போயாச்சு.

எனக்கு என்ன தோணுதுன்னா, இப்ப இருக்கிற கர்னாடக, இந்துஸ்தான், வெஸ்டர்ன் மியூஸிக்கோடு அதன் எல்லைகள் முடிஞ்சு போச்சா? இல்லைதானே! உண்மையான... இன்னும் உன்னதமான இசை எங்கேயோ இருக்கு. அந்த இசைதான் என் தேடுதலா இருக்கு. இதற்கு நான் பதில் அறியாமலும் போகலாம். ஆனா, என்னிக்காவது ஒரு நாள் இதுக்குப் பதில் கிடைக்காமல் போகாது. போய் ஊடுருவிப் பார்க்கிறவங்க கண்டுபிடிப்பாங்க. என் கையில் விதை இருக்கு. விதைக்காமல் போனால் வித்துக்கும் நஷ்டம்... உயிருக்கும் நஷ்டம். இந்த ஊரில் இருந்தே 200 பீத்தோவன், 200 தியாகராஜ சுவாமிகள் வரட்டுமே. வறுமையில் வாழ்ந்துட்டு இசை படைத்தவர் தியாகராஜ சுவாமிகள். இத்தனை தியாகராஜ சுவாமிகள் வரணும்னு சொன்னது திறமையைவெச்சுச் சொல்லலை. திறமைங்கிறது வித்வத்வம், பண்டித்துவம், அது கர்வத்தை மட்டுமே வளர்க்கும்.

என் அனுபவத்திலே நிறைய இருக்குன்னு சொல்லும்போது இதைத் தெரிஞ்சுக்க ஓர் அமைப்பு இல்லைங்கிறது என்னுடைய துரதிருஷ்டமா, நாட்டின் துரதிருஷ்டமா?''

''கலைஞனுக்குச் சமூகத்தின் மேல் அக்கறை இருக்கணும் என்கிறது ஒரு தரப்பு. அப்படி எல்லாம் இல்லை. கலைஞன் வேறு மாதிரி, அவன் தனிமையானவன்கிறது வேற தரப்பு. இரண்டில் எது சரி?''

''இரண்டு பக்கத்துக்குமே எது சரின்னு சொல்ற உரிமை கிடையாது. யாருக்கு எப்படி இஷ்டமோ அப்படி இருந்துட்டுப் போகட்டும். நான் சொல்றதையே என் உடம்பு கேட்க மாட்டேங்கிறது. அடுத்தவங்க கேட்கணும்னு நான் எதிர்பார்ப்பதில் என்ன நியாயம் இருக்கு?''

''பீத்தோவன், மொஸார்ட், பாக்னு எப்பவும் பெருமிதமா... உயர்வா பேசுவீங்க. நம்ம ஊர் இசையமைப்பாளர்களைப்பற்றி ஒண்ணும் சொன்னதே கிடையாதே?''

''இசை என்பது உன்னதமான கலை வடிவம். பீத்தோவன், பாக் போன்றவர்கள் நாம் பின்பற்ற வேண்டிய மேதைகள். நான் எனக்கு முன்னாடி ரோடு போட்டவர்களைப்பற்றித்தான் பேச முடியும். நான் ரோடு போட்டேன்னா, எனக்குப் பின்னாடி வர்றவங்க அதைப்பத்திப் பேசணும். யார் யாரு நான் போற பாதையெல்லாம் மரம் நட்டுட்டுப் போனாங்களோ, புத்தகம் வெச்சுட்டுப் போனாங்களோ, குடிக்கத் தண்ணீர் வெச்சுட்டுப் போனாங்களோ அவங்களை நான் போற்ற முடியும், வணங்க முடியும், தொட்டுக் கும்பிடவும் முடியும்.

ஆனா, எனக்குப் பின்னாடி வர்றவங்களை நான் ஃபாலோ பண்ண முடியாது, இல்லையா? எனக்குப் பின்னாடி வர்றவங்களை எனக்குத் தெரியவே இல்லை. எனக்கு முன்னாடி போனவங்களைப் பார்த்து, 'ஐயோ! இப்படியெல்லாம் பண்ணிட்டாங்களே, இப்படியெல்லாம் பண்ணிட்டாங்களே'ன்னு வியந்துகிட்டே இருக்கேன். இன்னும் அவங்க பக்கத்தில் என்னால் நெருங்க முடியலை. ஒரு சி.ஆர்.சுப்பராமன் பண்ணின 'சின்னஞ்சிறு கிளியே' போல இன்னும் யாராலும் ட்யூன் பண்ண முடியலை. அந்தப் பாட்டு ட்யூன் பண்ணி 60 வருஷம் ஆச்சு. எல்லா கர்னாடகக் கச்சேரிகளிலும் 'சின்னஞ்சிறு கிளியே' பாடறாங்க. சினிமாவில் இருந்து கர்னாடக கச்சேரிக்குப் போகிற அளவுக்கு அந்த ஆளு ட்யூன் பண்ணிட்டு 32 வயசுலயே போயிட்டார். அவரைப் போற்றாமல் வேறு யாரைப் போற்ற?

எனக்கு எஸ்.வி.வெங்கட்ராம னைத் தெரியும். பார்த்திருக்கேன். அவர் என்னைப் பாராட்டினார். நான் அவர் காலைத்தொட்டு வணங்கினேன். இந்தத் தலை முறையில் யாரைப் பாராட்ட லாம்னு நீங்களே சொல்லுங்க?''

''ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் ஆஸ்கர் வாங்கிட்டார். அவர் மியூஸிக்பற்றி உங்க கருத்து என்ன?''

''அவருக்கு நடந்த பாராட்டு விழாவில் என் பேச்சைக் கேட்கலையா? அப்புறம் ஏன் இந்தக் கேள்வி? உலகம் அங்கீகரிச்ச பிறகு நான் யாரு? உலகத்தில் ஒருத்தன்தானே நான்! உலகத்தைவிட்டுத் தனியாவா நான் இருக்கேன்?''

'' 'அழகர்மலை' படத்தில் 'இந்த அன்னை பூமி போதும்' பாட்டு. எப்பவும் மண் சார்ந்த பிரியம்...''

''என்னங்க, கங்கையில் குளிச்சிட்டு வந்தாலும் ஏன்னு கேட்பீங்க போலிருக்கே? என் மண்ணை நான் பாடாமல் யார் பாடுவாங்க? என்னங்க இது... (சிரிப்பு...)''

''ஜெயகாந்தன் பிரவாகமா ஆரம்பிச்சு, ஒரு கட்டத்தில் எழுதினது போதும்னு நிறுத்திட்டார். அது மாதிரி எப்பவாவது இந்த மியூஸிக்கை நிறுத்திடணும்னு தோணியிருக்கா?''

''இப்பவும் ஒரு பாட்டு முடிஞ்சதும் மியூஸிக்கை நிறுத்திடுவேனே. (சிரிப்பு) அது ஜெயகாந்தனோட முடிவு. அவர் அவர்தான். நான் நான்தான். அவர் முடிவு பண்ணி அவர் சொன்னாரு. அதே முடிவை நான் சொல்லணும்னு நீங்க எதிர்பார்த்தா எப்படி?''

''இறைவனிடம் சரண் அடைய எப்பவும் விருப்பப்படுகிறவர் நீங்கள். ஆனாலும், நீங்கள் ஈகோ உடையவர், அதிக இறுக்க மானவர்னு உங்களைப்பற்றிப் பேச்சிருக்கு. இந்த இரண்டு அம்சங்களுக்கும் முரண்பாடு காணப்படவில்லையா?''

''உங்களுக்கு இருக்கிற ஈகோவால்தானே இந்தக் கேள்வியையே கேட்க முடியுது. இந்தக் கேள்வியே உங்களுக்கு இருக்கிற ஈகோவைக் காட்டுதே தவிர, பண்பைக் காட்டலை. இருக்கட்டும். ஈகோ இல்லா மல் நான் எப்படி வேலை செய்ய? உங்களுக்கு ஏன் ஈகோ இருக்குன்னு ஈகோ இல்லாத ஆளுதானே கேட்கணும்? அப்படிக் கேட்டால், 'உங்களை மாதிரி ஆக முடியலை சாமி!'ன்னு சொல்வேன். சரியாகச் சொன்னால், 'உன்னை முதல்ல பார்த்துட்டு வாய்யா... போய்யா!'ன்னு சொல்லணும்... சொல்லவா!'' (மீண்டும் சிரிப்பு)

''' 'பா' ஹிந்திப் படத்தில் உங்க மியூஸிக்பற்றி அமிதாப் அவரோட ப்ளாக்கில் உருகி எழுதியிருந்தாரே..?''

'' 'பா' படத்துக்காகப் பாடும்போது அவரை அதே மேக்-அப்போடு பாடவெச்சேன். இது அமிதாப் பாடுகிற பாட்டு இல்லை. அந்தக் குறையுடைய கேரக்டர் பாடுகிற பாட்டு என்பதால் அப்படிச் செய்தேன். அதை அமிதாப் ரொம்பவும் ரசித்தார். என் வீட்டைப் பார்த்துவிட்டு 'ஏதோ புனித யாத்திரைக்கு வந்த மாதிரி இருக்கு'ன்னு சொன்னார். ஏதோ ஒண்ணு அவரை அப்படிப் பார்க்கவெச்சிருக்கு. கார்த்திக் ராஜா, அமிதாப்புக்கு ரொம்ப ஃப்ரெண்ட். எப்ப வந்தாலும் அவனுக்கு போன் செய்துவிட்டு வருவார். அமிதாப் தன்னு டைய அப்பாவின் கவிதைகளுக்கு கார்த்திக்கை ட்யூன் போடச் சொல்லிக் கொண்டுபோயிருக்கார். நானும் அந்த 'ப்ளாக்' படிச்சேன். பக்குவப்பட்ட மனசு. சொல்ல நினைச்சுச் சொல்லியிருக்கார்.''

''உங்க குடும்பத்திலேயே கார்த்திக், யுவன், பவதாரிணின்னு மூணு பேர். அவங்க இசைத் திறமைபற்றி உங்கள் அபிப்ராயம் என்ன?''

''நான் அதைப்பத்தி கருத்துச் சொல்றது சரியாக இருக்காது. உலகம் பார்த்திருக்கு. உலகமே முடிவு பண்ணட்டும். என்னுடைய சர்ட்டிஃபிகேட் எதுக்கு? நான் அவங்களோட தகப்பன். அவங்க வளர்ச்சியைப் பார்த்துச் சந்தோஷப்படலாம். அவங்க இசை, பாட்டுபற்றி அபிப்ராயம் கேட்டப்ப, அவங்ககிட்டே அதைப்பற்றிச் சொல்லியிருக்கேன். அவங்க குழந்தையா இருந்தபோது அவங்களுக்காக நேரம்கூட ஒதுக்கியதில்லை. இந்த அளவுக்கு அவங்க வளர்ந்ததுக்கு அவங்களேதான் காரணம்!''

crvenky
4th February 2010, 11:10 AM
The date mentioned at the beginning of the interview contradicts. MOP event was just before Pongal and PB was before Repub. Day. Does the interviewer knew before that PB was being given?

eagle
4th February 2010, 01:08 PM
His personality study should be really an interesting one, if done without prejudice :-)

Very true. There is no consistent position taken by Raaja on any issue also thats the main thing about creative people they are emotional a lot.

I would also like to say that if you want to see some bad things alone its not very hard to find in him. It really depends what we want to see. Like his quote about music which appeared in prem ramesh interview this will be apt for his fans who concerns more about his personality.

"உங்களுக்குள் இல்லாத ஒரு இசையை நான் தந்து விட முடியாது"

raja_fan
4th February 2010, 03:43 PM
There is no consistent position taken by Raaja on any issue

vaanga eagle vaanga..ennoda serndhu dharma adi vaangunga :)

nanchil_guy
4th February 2010, 04:41 PM
I would also like to say that if you want to see some bad things alone its not very hard to find in him. It really depends what we want to see.

jaiganes
5th February 2010, 12:38 AM
"உங்களுக்குள் இல்லாத ஒரு இசையை நான் தந்து விட முடியாது"

enna oru sariyaana vaakkiyam?

eagle
5th February 2010, 02:01 AM
Jai you should really read the book by prem ramesh "ilayarajavin isayil azhagialum thathuvamum" atleast the interview part of it. Sometime back RS had uploaded that.

You can see that his complex and in depth analysis about music something which i dont find in any other MD's utterances. You can see how he formulates ideas, talk conceptually about music....

Instead of finding fault with him on interviews which focuses on worthless aspects like what he thinks about AR!! ( i find this very provocative since many a times he clearly explained that he had no liking the way AR approaches music but at the same time he appreciates his success... i dont think he is going to change his view because of obvious incompatibility... in fact he dosent even appreciates yuvan but karthik raja few times in the past should give clear idea about his preferences...it beats me how many times they are going to ask same set of questions..)

This one interview is on a intellectual plane and raaja replies on the same level...engages you... makes you think...mark of true genius...

Sureshs65
5th February 2010, 08:32 AM
eagle,

What you say is very true. Journalists are not interested in music (not on a personal sense but when they are out on the job.) They want some sound bites and something to quote and some controversy. Raja, the ever helpful man, gies them all these :D

Now to request RS to load the interview again.

The same questions that the journalists keep asking reminds me of the scene from a Tamil movie where Mayilsami keeps praising Shyam's white shirt again and again !!!

par
5th February 2010, 01:46 PM
Jai you should really read the book by prem ramesh "ilayarajavin isayil azhagialum thathuvamum" atleast the interview part of it. Sometime back RS had uploaded that.

You can see that his complex and in depth analysis about music something which i dont find in any other MD's utterances. You can see how he formulates ideas, talk conceptually about music....

Instead of finding fault with him on interviews which focuses on worthless aspects like what he thinks about AR!! ( i find this very provocative since many a times he clearly explained that he had no liking the way AR approaches music but at the same time he appreciates his success... i dont think he is going to change his view because of obvious incompatibility... in fact he dosent even appreciates yuvan but karthik raja few times in the past should give clear idea about his preferences...it beats me how many times they are going to ask same set of questions..)

This one interview is on a intellectual plane and raaja replies on the same level...engages you... makes you think...mark of true genius...

Till the day he says 'I love/hate AR Rahman'. :)

raagas
5th February 2010, 02:55 PM
[tscii:e4eb6c5fc0]I didnt know actor Siddharth is a fan of IR. Talking about his film "Striker":

"It’s not a conventional background score. Chandan and I come from different background score schools. Chandan is more of ambient school and I more of melody school (which is why I grew up on Illayaraja)."

http://passionforcinema.com/blog-siddharth-the-genesis-of-striker/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+passionforcinema+%28PassionFo rCinema%29[/tscii:e4eb6c5fc0]

Plum
5th February 2010, 07:00 PM
"When I entered the scene, the dominant sound was Dholak/Harmonium blah blah"
If IR had said something like this, he would have been lynched.
I dont question the right of the man who said this to say this and I will not call him arrogant because of this statement but I really wonder what IR will get if he said this :-)

As Milk Karthik would say "kolai kuthamnA yudhamum kutham dhAnE!"

kameshratnam
5th February 2010, 07:04 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_R8GcmkGe6zo/S2vwgXcl66I/AAAAAAAABWk/OFiy-0imPk4/s1600-h/uyirmmai-01.jpg

tvsankar
5th February 2010, 07:37 PM
plum,
apadi ilai.

IR - Enna sonnalum Thappu dhan.........

idhu dhan - ulagam poora paravi irukara news....

oru velai, IR and MSV ku padmavibhooshan
award orae time la kedachu irundhal,

IR ipadi solli irundhal - adhavadhu,

"I am glad that MSV and I got the award on the same day"

appodhum - IR ai kutham solvanga...

IR - evvalavu thimira ipadi solrar...

and

IR enna solli irukanam nu solli tharuvanga

IR enna solli iruka vendum enral

"Idhu romba late. MSV ku romba munandiyae kedachu irukanam"

haahhahahha........

ana - nejama - MSV kum IR kum orae time
kedacha - Ennoda Raaja - sathiyama idha than solli irupar........

Avvalavu - oru bhakthiyum pasamum vechu irukar
MSV melae - our Raaja....

app_engine
5th February 2010, 07:58 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_R8GcmkGe6zo/S2vwgXcl66I/AAAAAAAABWk/OFiy-0imPk4/s1600-h/uyirmmai-01.jpg

அவதூறு பண்ணுவதற்குத்தளம் அமைத்துக்கொடுப்பது தான் எங்கள் ஒரே நோக்கம்னு சொல்றாரா இவர்?

அயோக்கியத்தனமாக எழுத அனுமதித்து விட்டு அதற்குப்பின் "என் அந்தரங்கத்தின் ஒரு பகுதி / கிகுதி" என்றெல்லாம் சொல்லுவது அசிங்கமான சப்பைக்கட்டு :-(

ஹூம், என்னத்தைச்சொல்ல, எல்லாம் நேரம்:-(

Plum
5th February 2010, 08:02 PM
usha, I guess thats how it is. Once you get branded, everything you say will be twisted. IR arrogant - idhu tamizhnattula bala padathula solli tharaanga pOla. enna seiya? :sigh:

app_engine
5th February 2010, 08:05 PM
''இறைவனிடம் சரண் அடைய எப்பவும் விருப்பப்படுகிறவர் நீங்கள். ஆனாலும், நீங்கள் ஈகோ உடையவர், அதிக இறுக்க மானவர்னு உங்களைப்பற்றிப் பேச்சிருக்கு. இந்த இரண்டு அம்சங்களுக்கும் முரண்பாடு காணப்படவில்லையா?''

''உங்களுக்கு இருக்கிற ஈகோவால்தானே இந்தக் கேள்வியையே கேட்க முடியுது. இந்தக் கேள்வியே உங்களுக்கு இருக்கிற ஈகோவைக் காட்டுதே தவிர, பண்பைக் காட்டலை. இருக்கட்டும். ஈகோ இல்லா மல் நான் எப்படி வேலை செய்ய? உங்களுக்கு ஏன் ஈகோ இருக்குன்னு ஈகோ இல்லாத ஆளுதானே கேட்கணும்? அப்படிக் கேட்டால், 'உங்களை மாதிரி ஆக முடியலை சாமி!'ன்னு சொல்வேன். சரியாகச் சொன்னால், 'உன்னை முதல்ல பார்த்துட்டு வாய்யா... போய்யா!'ன்னு சொல்லணும்... சொல்லவா!'' (மீண்டும் சிரிப்பு)

Classic :lol:

Sureshs65
5th February 2010, 08:10 PM
app_eng,

Very very true. As I had earlier pointed out, I have no issues with someone criticizing Raja. They can be one sided as well. But when unethical means, like what Shaji did, (of not telling the whole truth and deliberately passing off comments like 'thumbi vaa' is a copy etc,) are adopted, then the editor Manushyaputran has to take the blame. It is very different allowing multiple views in a paper versus allowing views to be expressed in an unethical manner. If someone has to respect the paper, it must have a common minimum journalistic ethics. Which unfortunately, Shaji's article lacked.

app_engine
5th February 2010, 08:18 PM
Yes, Sureshji!

Also I read somewhere that the magazine had IR on the cover (or some exhibition ad) and used him as a selling point / attract buyers and then indulged in such defamation.

Well planned crime. I think he would have also prepared this article well ahead, to publish and get some more circulation by keeping the topic alive / hot. Cheap tricks!

app_engine
5th February 2010, 08:24 PM
Where kumduam kind of magazines use Khushboo's (it married her to K Balachander once for april fooling, for e.g), the "aRivu jeevi" magazines / blogs use IR. That's about it.

Same purpose - attract readers! Absolutely no principle, but what irritates is the hypocrisy (which the likes of Kumudam do not have) :-(

app_engine
5th February 2010, 09:17 PM
http://jeevartistjeeva.blogspot.com/2010/02/blog-post.html

Looks like the "IR personality analysis" topic will be hot for a while :-)

eagle
5th February 2010, 09:34 PM
இதற்கு பதிலாக எங்களுக்கு commercial compulsions இருக்கிறது என்று நேரடியாகவே மனுஷ்ய புத்திரன் சொல்லியிருக்கலாம். அவதூறு கட்டுரைக்கு சப்பைக்கட்டு வேறு!!.... இவ்வளவு கீழ்த்தரமாக இருதிருக்க வேண்டாம்.. நான் விரும்பும் ஒரே கவிஞர்...என்னிடம் இருக்கும் ஒரே கவிதை தெகுதி அவருடையதுதான்... கையெழுத்து வாங்கலாம் என்று கடந்த புத்தக கண்காட்சியில் முயற்சி கூட செய்தேன்..( நம்புங்கள் உண்மை :) )

app_engine
6th February 2010, 02:31 AM
Stumbled upon this blog :
http://www.sathyanfans.com/search/label/Bhagyadevatha

Mostly old news, but one thing caught my eye - that IR attended yet another "function" (100th day of bhAgya dEvathA) and as usual they don't fail to mention that this is quite "rare" :-)

So, it sounds like our man is having a gala time nowadays - functions / interviews / controversies etc.

Hopefully, there'll also be some decent albums coming up soon.

Also, what happened to the "WCM concerts in big cities like Mumbai" that some news reports talked about? Any further info anywhere?

appushiva
7th February 2010, 04:35 PM
Hello,

I am telling now, who signs a flim project after the post Padma Bhusan award , they will get an outstanding master piece album , that is for sure. We have to see who is the gifted company.

MADDY
8th February 2010, 08:06 AM
something to tickle you guys (http://lite.epaper.timesofindia.com/Repository/TOICH/2010/02/08/25/Img/Pc0251100.jpg) :D

snap taken during "appreciate the CM every 6 months" function

eagle
8th February 2010, 08:30 AM
Hello,

I am telling now, who signs a flim project after the post Padma Bhusan award , they will get an outstanding master piece album , that is for sure. We have to see who is the gifted company.

Thats way too much of a prediction that too for a guy who dosent know why he accepts some movies and deny some... also who never plans music... relies on spontaneity!!

app_engine
8th February 2010, 09:05 PM
The current issue of 'Thendral' has an entirely different take on IR & Padmabhushan. It actually appreciates IR for the maturity & paNbu :o

(It seems a northie poet refused padma award because an younger one got recognized much earlier. Unlike such fellows, IR is very mature to accept it along with the younger ARR it seems)

Sanjeevi
8th February 2010, 11:20 PM
app, what is 'Thendral'? :roll:

app_engine
9th February 2010, 12:32 AM
Thendral is a Thamizh magazine that's available across most places in North America and carries information primarily for ThamizharkaL in this region of the world. (It's supported by advertisements and are available to readers without charge, usually kept near the sales counters of grocery stores / restaurants etc here, for readers to grab. Quite widely read here)

Apart from advertisements of local stores, businesses related to Indians here, it publishes editorial, news, short stories, interviews of TN celebrities visiting NA etc (a recent one that probably interests you was of Jeyamohan).

It has some cinema news / updates also.

Their pat for IR was on the editorial of the recent issue.

Just now found out that they're online too :
http://www.tamilonline.com/thendral/

app_engine
9th February 2010, 12:37 AM
You can find the comment here :
http://www.tamilonline.com/thendral/contentnew.aspx?id=111&cid=47

buggle
9th February 2010, 01:30 AM
The current issue of 'Thendral' has an entirely different take on IR & Padmabhushan. It actually appreciates IR for the maturity & paNbu :o

(It seems a northie poet refused padma award because an younger one got recognized much earlier. Unlike such fellows, IR is very mature to accept it along with the younger ARR it seems)

Still waiting for my indian grocery store guy to stock it...usually he is slow

crvenky
10th February 2010, 01:37 PM
Latest tidbits from Ju.Vi:

முன்பெல்லாம் பொது நிகழ்ச்சிகளில் கலந்து கொள்வதை வெகுவாகத் தவிர்த்து விடுவார் இளையராஜா. சமீபகாலமாக அப்படி என்னதான் அதிசய மனமாற்றமோ... நண்பர்களை சந்திப்பதிலும் விழாக்களில் கலந்து கொள்வதிலும் அதீத ஆர்வம் காட்டுகிறார். பத்மஸ்ரீ விருது வாங்குவதற்காக டெல்லி கிளம்பும்போது ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மானுடன் இணைந்து போக திட்டமிட்டிருக்கிறாராம் இசைஞானி. அதுமட்டும் நிசமானா... ரெண்டு மேதையும் பயணத்தில் என்னவெல்லாம் பேசுவாங்க!

காமெடி கிங் டைரக்டர் பூபதி பாண்டியன் இயக்கி முடித்திருக்கும் பெயர் வைக்கப்படாத புதிய படத்துக்கு யுவன்சங்கர்ராஜாதான் மியூஸிக்! இதில் 'சாமி வருகுது... காதல் சாமி வருகுது' என்ற பாடலுக்கு யுவன் ஒரிஜினல் கிராமத்து பூசாரிகளை தேடிப் படித்து அவர்களையே பாட வைத்திருக்கிறார். பாடலுக்கான இன்ஸ்ட்ரூமென்ட் ஒன்லி உடுக்கை! 'இந்த வருடத்தின் டீ கடைகளின் ஹிட் பாடல் இதுதான்' என்பது பாடலைக் கேட்ட இளையராஜா, இப்போதே கொடுத்துவிட்ட சர்டிஃபிகேட்டாம்!

app_engine
10th February 2010, 06:53 PM
Interesting to note the importance IR gives to tea stalls :-)

app_engine
11th February 2010, 01:14 AM
மிக அழகாகவும், தெளிவாகவும் ஷாஜிக்கு அவரது நண்பர் ஜெயமோகன் எழுதி இருக்கும் ஆலோசனை :

http://www.jeyamohan.in/?p=6473

app_engine
11th February 2010, 01:20 AM
The most interesting part of this article by JeMo is the expose of Shaji as to why he started attacking IR :-) I guessed it has nothing to do with the ONV thingy or "MalayaLi pheeling" but got to be something personal. And, yes, it is. Raja kicked out the singer whom Shaji tried to "get chance for".

Another ejjample as to how "people with pen" can get nasty, throwing mud at great artists, solely due to such petty reasons:-(

baroque
11th February 2010, 04:44 AM
Who is the singer? (my eyes scanned only for the singer name)
அடடா :( Sorry கல்யாணி.
கல்யாணி has sung some nice songs .
கனா கண்டேன் has காலை அரும்பி....with ஸ்ரீநிவாஸ் is my favorite .
மது பாலக்ருஷ்ணன் and கல்யாணி in ஜெர்ரி என் சுவாசத்தில்....
ராமன் தேடிய சீதை has beauty மழை நின்ற.... :musicsmile:
they are all my favorites.
vinatha.

pulavar
11th February 2010, 06:15 AM
மிக அழகாகவும், தெளிவாகவும் ஷாஜிக்கு அவரது நண்பர் ஜெயமோகன் எழுதி இருக்கும் ஆலோசனை :

http://www.jeyamohan.in/?p=6473

நிறைய புதிய தகவல்களுடன் நல்ல ஒரு பதில்.
நீயா நானா (vijay) நிகழ்ச்சியில் கரகாட்டகாரன் தயாரிப்பாளர் தனது படம் (வில்லு பாட்டுக்காரன்?) ஒன்றிற்கு இளையராஜா பணமே வாங்கவில்லை என்று சொன்னது நினைவுக்கு வருகிறது.

baroque
11th February 2010, 07:43 AM
நீயா நானா (vijay) நிகழ்ச்சியில் கரகாட்டகாரன் தயாரிப்பாளர் தனது படம் (வில்லு பாட்டுக்காரன்?) ஒன்றிற்கு இளையராஜா பணமே வாங்கவில்லை என்று சொன்னது நினைவுக்கு வருகிறது.
Karagattakkaran producer is Gangai amaran.
IR & Gangai amaran are brothers.

app_engine
11th February 2010, 09:40 AM
Some of the statements in that JeMo article are more "fan"ly than most hubbers here :-)

I couldn't control my laughter when reading his warning to Shaji that if he continues to write in this manner, it'll bracket him along the likes of Charu :-)
வர வர ஜெயமோகன் ராசா பத்தி எழுதறதெல்லாம் ஒரு சராசரி ஹப்பர் போஸ்டிங் மாதிரியே இருக்கு!

Sanjeevi
11th February 2010, 11:55 AM
appu oru theevira ezhuthaLar Raaja Aatharikkurathu ungalukku porukkalaiya :)

There is a little different our praise and JM's just becase he has direct contant with IR and directors like Bala. So what he said about Bala should be correct only.

Did you notice the last para? I think JM might have felt 'namma overa vakkalathu vanguromnu'. Namma venkiraam kulirnthu poi oru reply panni athukku JM thani post pOtturukkaru

http://www.jeyamohan.in/?p=6480

Vivasaayi
11th February 2010, 07:55 PM
Some of the statements in that JeMo article are more "fan"ly than most hubbers here :-)

I couldn't control my laughter when reading his warning to Shaji that if he continues to write in this manner, it'll bracket him along the likes of Charu :-)
வர வர ஜெயமோகன் ராசா பத்தி எழுதறதெல்லாம் ஒரு சராசரி ஹப்பர் போஸ்டிங் மாதிரியே இருக்கு!

can you mention what those fanboy statements are?

Sureshs65
11th February 2010, 07:58 PM
Very nice answer from Jeyamohan. As app says, he has also, like lot of us, been keenly observing Illayaraja. I am not surprised, since any true artist will be attracted by what Raja has done in his music.

A very nice reply to venkiram as well. While venki puts his argument about Raja's fans not able to digest any criticism, he doesn't say anything about how Vairamuthu fans will react to criticism :D

app_engine
11th February 2010, 08:11 PM
appu oru theevira ezhuthaLar Raaja Aatharikkurathu ungalukku porukkalaiya :)

அட, நீங்க வேற, நான் ரொம்ப குஷியா சொல்லி இருக்கேன் ஐயா :-)

eagle
11th February 2010, 08:28 PM
ஜெமோவின் கட்டுரையில் என்னை கவர்ந்தவை
இயக்குநருக்காக தன்னை ஒப்பு கொடுக்கும் தன்மை, புதிய முயற்சிக்கு எப்போதும் ஆதரவாக இருப்பது.
சின்னத்தாயி படப்பாடல்களை பற்றிய விமர்சனமும் இந்த அளவுக்கு தமிழகத்திலேயே ஒரு பகுதியின் ஆத்மாவை வெளிக்கொண்டுவந்திருப்பது... (எனக்கு மிகவும் பிடித்த பாடல்கள் அவை)
இதை விட மேலாக ஒரு இசைக் கலைஞன் என்னய்யா செய்து விட முடியும்?

எவ்வளவோ இருக்கிறது அவர் இசையை பற்றி பேசுவதற்கு... அவர் நடைமுறை வாழ்க்கையில் சாதாரண மனிதனாகவே இருந்துவிட்டு போகட்டும்.. அவர் ரசிகர்கள் வியப்பது இசை படைப்புகளில் அவர் தாண்டும் எல்லைகளை, ரசிகனுக்கு அவர் காட்டும் கற்பனை உலகங்களை...எத்தனை துக்கத்தையும் மீறி அவரது இசை தரும் ஆறுதலை...

அதனால்தான் அவரின் பக்தர்களாக (சாரு, ஷாஜியின் மொழியில்) இருக்கும் நாங்கள் அவசரப்பட்டு குற்றப்பத்திரிகை வாசிப்பதில்லை நிகழ்வுகளை நாங்களும் அவதானிக்கிறோம் பொறுமை காக்கிறோம்... இறுதியாக ஒவ்வொரு குற்றச்சாட்டுக்கு பின்னும் அவர் "சங்கு சுட்டாலும் வெண்மை தரும்" என்பதை போல வெளிவருகிறார்.. ஜெமோவிற்கு நன்றி....

app_engine
11th February 2010, 08:32 PM
[tscii:9e234b9238]

can you mention what those fanboy statements are?

ஒரு சாம்பிள் :

வணிக வெற்றியை அளவுகோலாகக் கொண்டால் ராஜா தொண்ணூறுகள் வரை முப்பது வருடம் ஈடிணையில்லாத புகழுடன்தான் இருந்தார்.

1976 தொடங்கி முப்பது வருடம் கூட்டினால் தொண்ணூறுகளைத்தாண்டி விடுமல்லவா?

மற்றும் சில :

அப்படி ராஜாவை எண்ணும் குறைந்தது நூறு இயக்குநர்கள் தமிழில் உண்டு. அவர்கள்தான் தமிழின் நல்ல சினிமாவின் தூண்களும்கூட
தமிழின் நல்ல சினிமாவுக்காக இளையராஜா அளவுக்குப் பங்காற்றிய இன்னொரு ஆளுமையே கிடையாது.
அந்த அலையின் ஒரு பகுதியாக இளையராஜா திகழவில்லை. மாறாக அவர்தான் அந்த அலையை வழிநடத்திய சக்தி.
நட்சத்திரங்கள் இல்லாமல், நாடகத்தன்மை இல்லாமல், மிகச்சிறிய யதார்த்தப் படங்கள் வணிகவெற்றி பெறமுடியும் என்ற நிலையை உருவாக்கியது இளையராஜாவின் துடிப்பான இசைதான்.
மலையாள சினிமாவும் ஏறத்தாழ இதே காலகட்டத்தில்தான் யதார்த்தவாதம் நோக்கி வந்தது. ...அதாவது அங்கே செக்ஸ் செய்ததை இங்கே ராஜா செய்தார்.
பாரதிராஜா, தேவராஜ் மோகன், மகேந்திரன், துரை, ருத்ரையா,பாக்யராஜ் என ஆரம்பித்து மணிரத்தினம், பாலா வரை தமிழில் தீவிரமான இலக்குகளோடு நுழைந்த அத்தனை இயக்குநர்களும் ராஜாவிடம்தான் முதலில் சென்றிருக்கிறார்கள்.
தமிழில் புதிய விஷயங்கள் வருவதற்கு அமைப்புக்கு உள்ளே இருந்து வரும் ஒரே ஆதரவுக்கரம் இளையராஜாவுடையதாகவே இருந்திருக்கிறது என்பது வரலாறு.
ராஜா அவரது இசையை அது மிகமிக விரும்பப்பட்ட நாட்களில்கூட வியாபாரப் பொருள் ஆக்கவில்லை.
ராஜா முழுப்படத்துக்கும் மொத்தமாக இசையமைத்தார். படத்துக்கு அதன் சாரம்புரிந்து தீம் இசையை உருவாக்கினார். உதாரணமாக மகேந்திரனின் ‘உதிரிப்பூக்கள்’ படம் ஒரு குடும்பத்தின் கதைதான். ராஜா தன் தீம் இசை மூலம் அதை அக்குழந்தைகளின் கதையாக அழுத்தம் கொடுப்பதைக் காணலாம். உதிரிப்பூக்கள் தொடர்ச்சியே இல்லாத தனிச்சம்பவங்களால் ஆன படம். பின்னணி இசையே அதை கோர்வையாக கொண்டுசெல்கிறது.
பல படங்களில் இயக்குநர் சொல்ல வருவதைக்கூட இசை விளக்கியது. ‘நிறம் மாறாத பூக்களில்’ கதை முன்னும்பின்னும் நகர்வதை இசைதான் காட்டியது

இந்த வசதியைக் கொண்டுதான் இயக்குநர்கள் திரைமொழியை மாற்றியமைத்தார்கள். மிதமான நடிப்பு போதும் என்ற நிலை வந்தது. செயற்கையான காட்சிமாற்றமும் ‘க்ளூ’ கொடுக்கும் வசனமும் தேவையில்லை என்றாகியது.

If you look at these statements (especially the parts that I've bolded), while it's definitely thrilling for us - i.e. IR admirers - to read, it'll definitely appear as fan-boy statements to admirers of other artists and even some neutrals :-)
[/tscii:9e234b9238]

app_engine
11th February 2010, 08:39 PM
Viv,

I've also seen in the first edition of this article, JeMo mentioning 'oru kai Osai' as a stellar example of BGM - he even mentioned Bhagyaraj was just coming and going on the screen :-)

(Possibly someone pointed out to him that it was by MSV and he edited it off subsequently)

All these are, IMO, effects of fan-boy feelings (which is not necessarily bad, as per JeMo's reply to Venkkiram) :-)

Vivasaayi
11th February 2010, 08:56 PM
1976 தொடங்கி முப்பது வருடம் கூட்டினால் தொண்ணூறுகளைத்தாண்டி விடுமல்லவா?

என்ன சார் சின்னபுள்ளத்தனமா?

தளபதி
தேவர் மகன்
குணா
இதயம்
கோபுர வாசலிலே
மீரா
செம்பருத்தி
சின்ன தம்பி
சின்ன கவுன்டர்
ஆவாரம்பூ
அஞ்சலி
மை டியர் மார்த்தான்டன்
மைக்கேல் மதன காம ராஜன்
மஹாநதி
அவதாரம்
என் ராசாவின் மனசிலே
மன்னன்
வீரா
மறுபடியும்
வால்டர் வெற்றிவேல்
அரண்மனைக் கிளி
கலைஙன்
எஜமான்
பொன்னுமணி
சிறைச்சாலை
சேது
காதலுக்கு மரியாதை
பிரண்ட்ச்
வள்ளி
நாடோடித் தென்றல்
சிஙார வேலன்
கேப்டன் பிரபாகரன்
மோக முள்
மகளிர் மட்டும் ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC

ஷப்பா...90'ச் ல அதிக ஹிட் குடுத்தது இளையராஜா தான?

Plum
11th February 2010, 08:56 PM
தமிழின் நல்ல சினிமாவுக்காக இளையராஜா அளவுக்குப் பங்காற்றிய இன்னொரு ஆளுமையே கிடையாது.
அந்த அலையின் ஒரு பகுதியாக இளையராஜா திகழவில்லை. மாறாக அவர்தான் அந்த அலையை வழிநடத்திய சக்தி.
idhu OraLavukku uNmai dhAn. Udhiri PookaL when screened for distributors without BGM was completelty rejected. Mahendran scamepered, got the BGM done, and rescreened it to them - and the rest is history.

If you look at the movies that started the path to good cinema in Tamil, you'll invariably see Raja somewhere there - AAT, UP, MM, PV, Balu Mahendra...

There are the others too - but how succesful they were in changing the face of tamil moviedom is questionable - TV Chandran made a tamil movie before he started getting awards for every movie he made in Malayalam - heck, I dont even remember the name now. KG George also did I think. That may not even have been released.

It is also undeniable that IR's music also started the trend of crap movies being succesful and eventually spoiled the tamil film landscape in the 80's. Good and bad.

Are we even close to the goodness of late 70's early 80's period of tamil cinema now(BR, BM, Mahendran at their peak)? I dont think so

app_engine
11th February 2010, 09:04 PM
Viv,
You didn't get it :-)

1976 + 30 = 2006 (which is > 1990's). Such exaggerations ("thirty years") is typical of fans and not factual writers :-)

Vivasaayi
11th February 2010, 09:08 PM
அப்படி ராஜாவை எண்ணும் குறைந்தது நூறு இயக்குநர்கள் தமிழில் உண்டு. அவர்கள்தான் தமிழின் நல்ல சினிமாவின் தூண்களும்கூட

The pillars of Tamil cinema after ilayarajas entry and their first film .Not mentining all those 100 were pillars :)

Mahendran(muLLum malarum)
Balumahendra(Moonram pirai(IN TAMIL))
Maniratnam(Pagal nilavu)
Barathiraaja(16 V)
Bala(seethu)

All had raaja's music in their first films and how?Now think how much Raaja contributed for their successes in their first film - and his contribution in their later works.

தமிழின் நல்ல சினிமாவுக்காக இளையராஜா அளவுக்குப் பங்காற்றிய இன்னொரு ஆளுமையே கிடையாது..

considering 80's as the golden period of tamil cinema,who is bigger than raaja then?kamal?balumahendra?barathiraaja?maniratnam?

He is the centrefigure of the eightees.

நட்சத்திரங்கள் இல்லாமல், நாடகத்தன்மை இல்லாமல், மிகச்சிறிய யதார்த்தப் படங்கள் வணிகவெற்றி பெறமுடியும் என்ற நிலையை உருவாக்கியது இளையராஜாவின் துடிப்பான இசைதான்.

The movies ran without rajni,kamal or other big heroes because of Ilayaraja. :huh:

app_engine
11th February 2010, 09:08 PM
Plum,

I definitely agree (actually, strongly) to those statements :-)

Still, there are just too many "only's" used in that article which gives a fan-boy touch :-)

Vivasaayi
11th February 2010, 09:10 PM
Viv,
You didn't get it :-)

1976 + 30 = 2006 (which is > 1990's). Such exaggerations ("thirty years") is typical of fans and not factual writers :-)

I dont see it as an exaggeration or fanboy statement.avaru matmatixla konjam :lol:

because he clearly states thonuurugal..right?

app_engine
11th February 2010, 09:14 PM
Viv,

Actually if I write an article on TF, possibly it'll be having exactly the same statements :-)

So, I'm not only agreeing to such statements but am even extremely happy :-) So, I'm not questioning the validity of such statements at all boss:-)

All that I'm trying to tell is JeMo is writing like me:-) That can easily be picked on by people who, for example, think that it was KB who changed TF or BR who changed TF or Kamal is the main contributor for TF etc.

Plum
11th February 2010, 09:14 PM
This piece specially for Prabhu_Ram's attention:

Udhiri PookaL when screened for distributors without BGM was completelty rejected

Vivasaayi
11th February 2010, 09:16 PM
Viv,

Actually if I write an article on TF, possibly it'll be having exactly the same statements :-)

So, I'm not only agreeing to such statements but am even extremely happy :-) So, I'm not questioning the validity of such statements at all boss:-)

All that I'm trying to tell is JeMo is writing like me:-) That can easily be picked on by people who, for example, think that it was KB who changed TF or BR who changed TF or Kamal is the main contributor for TF etc.

nono...when a writer writes something about a person like Ilayaraja - the slightest of exaggerations are taken as a fanboy statement.Most of them are infact true.

numberla konjam 30 years,100 directorsnu sollitaru..other than that - it doesnt look like a fanboy article - nu solla vandhEn :)

app_engine
11th February 2010, 09:20 PM
That mathematics problem is a typical facet of fans. ("Shivaji / Dasavatharam collected 400 crores", for e.g. while the actual figure may not be that much. 20 years becoming 30 years is similar exaggeration)

Vivasaayi
11th February 2010, 09:25 PM
That mathematics problem is a typical facet of fans. ("Shivaji / Dasavatharam collected 400 crores", for e.g. while the actual figure may not be that much. 20 years becoming 30 years is similar exaggeration)

idhu varaikkum adhu exaggerationnu nenachutu irukeengala?..adhu unma thaanga

app_engine
11th February 2010, 09:28 PM
Viv,
:D

tvsankar
11th February 2010, 10:14 PM
இளையராஜாவின் இந்த தளத்தில் உள்ள சாதனைகளை இந்த தளத்தில் பயிற்சியும் ரசனையும் உடையவர்களே சொல்லமுடியும். மற்றவர்கள் கருத்துச் சொல்லும்போது தங்களுடைய எல்லைகளை உணர்ந்து அதற்குள் நின்று பேசுவதே கௌரவமான விஷயமாகும். வெறும் வம்புதான் நோக்கம் என எண்ணுபவர்களுக்கு எதையும் சொல்லும் உரிமை உண்டு. ஆனால் இசைவிமரிசகனுக்கு அவன் பேசுதளம் சார்ந்த புரிதல் இருக்க வேண்டும்.

Nalla azhuthamana, unmaiyana advice.........

tvsankar
11th February 2010, 10:21 PM
நட்சத்திரங்கள் இல்லாமல், நாடகத்தன்மை இல்லாமல், மிகச்சிறிய யதார்த்தப் படங்கள் வணிகவெற்றி பெறமுடியும் என்ற நிலையை உருவாக்கியது இளையராஜாவின் துடிப்பான இசைதான். புதியவர்களின் சிறு முதலீட்டுப் படங்கள் வென்றால்தான் திரைக்கலையில் மாற்றம் வரும். இளையராஜா அக்காலத்தில் புதிய தயாரிப்பாளர்களின் படங்களுக்கு துணிந்து இசையமைத்தார். மிகத்தரமாக. அதற்கு மிகமிகக் குறைவான ஊதியம் பெற்றுக்கொண்டார். அவரது பங்களிப்பு இல்லாமல் அந்தப் படங்கள் உருவாகியிருக்க முடியாது, வெற்றி பெற்றிருக்கவும் முடியாது என்பது வரலாறு. அவையே தமிழ்சினிமாவை மாற்றியமைத்தன.

Unmai dhanae.......

tvsankar
11th February 2010, 10:24 PM
ராஜா அவரது இசையை அது மிகமிக விரும்பப்பட்ட நாட்களில்கூட வியாபாரப் பொருள் ஆக்கவில்லை. அதனால் அவர் கோடிகளை இழந்திருக்கக் கூடும். ஆனால் தரமான ஒரு திரை இயக்கத்தின் பகுதியாக தன் இசை இருக்கவேண்டுமென்பதில் அவர் குறியாக இருந்தார். வேறெந்த திரைச் சாதனையாளரும் ராஜா அளவுக்கு நல்ல சினிமா மீது இத்தனை பற்றுடன் இருந்ததில்லை.

tvsankar
11th February 2010, 10:26 PM
இன்றைய யதார்த்த தமிழ் சினிமாவுக்கு ராஜாவின் பங்களிப்பு என்ன என்பதைப்பற்றி இன்றுவரை விஷயமறிந்த எவரும் எழுதியதில்லை. தகவலறிவுடன், சமநிலையுடன் எழுத நம்மிடம் ஆட்கள் இல்லை. தெரிந்தவர்கள் எழுதுவதும் இல்லை. ஆகவேதான் என்ன ஏது என்றறியாமல் எழுதும் எழுத்துக்களையும், அசட்டு பீற்றல்களையும் நாம் சகித்துக்கொண்டிருக்கவேண்டியிருக்கிறது

Wat a pity........

Sureshs65
12th February 2010, 12:12 AM
Very sad to know that Girish Puttenchery, the noted Malayalam lyricist passed away at a young age. He was only 48!!

http://beta.thehindu.com/news/states/kerala/article105130.ece

Girish has written a lot of songs for Raja in the recent past in Malayalam. The report mentions their famous collaboration, 'endhu panjalum'. I had read somewhere that Girish was so taken up by 'pacha mala poovu' that he wanted Raja to tune something similar in Malayalam and 'endhu paranjalum' resulted.

Girish also wrote for some outstanding movies of Raja like Kalapani and Oru Yathramozhi. I guess he was the lyricist for many of the Sathyan - Raja combination. His recent collaboration with Raja was Pazhassi Raja. (Odathandil and the folk song, 'ambum kombum')

The article also mentions Girish's songs for Vidyasagar. Very nice ones. It is a pity that Malayalam film industry has lost lot of good talent recently. Rajan Dev, Murali, Cochin Haneefa and now Gireesh.

Girish has given us some nice songs. May his soul rest in peace.

Sanjeevi
12th February 2010, 03:13 PM
app_engine you can smile

http://www.jeyamohan.in/?p=6493

ஒரு கட்டுரை எழுதினால் அதை விளக்கிக்கொண்டே இருக்கவேண்டியிருக்கிறது இங்கே. ஆகவே இனிமேல் ஆளை விடுங்கள்

:lol:

Bala (Karthik)
12th February 2010, 04:06 PM

Udhiri PookaL when screened for distributors without BGM was completelty rejected
Adhu Mullum Malarum dhaane? (yeah prachanai onnu dhaan)

Plum
12th February 2010, 04:12 PM

Yes, yes. And Kamal was instrumental in getting MM released as well.

But idhai sollavAvadhu romba nAL kazhichu inge vandhIngaLE, andha vagaila I am happy about making this mistake :-)

Bala (Karthik)
12th February 2010, 04:29 PM

Yes, yes. And Kamal was instrumental in getting MM released as well.

But idhai sollavAvadhu romba nAL kazhichu inge vandhIngaLE, andha vagaila I am happy about making this mistake :-)
:oops: (Mudive pannitteengala ivan adha sollama irukka maattaannu) nejama adha naan inga/ippo solra idea la illeenga :lol:

Moving la irundhen, adhaan....

app_engine
12th February 2010, 08:09 PM
app_engine you can smile

http://www.jeyamohan.in/?p=6493

ஒரு கட்டுரை எழுதினால் அதை விளக்கிக்கொண்டே இருக்கவேண்டியிருக்கிறது இங்கே. ஆகவே இனிமேல் ஆளை விடுங்கள்

Thanks for the link, Sanjeevi :-)

அவர் எழுதி இருப்பதென்ன சாதாரணக்கட்டுரையா - எழுதினோம், போனோம் என்று இருப்பதற்கு?

தமிழ்த்திரை இசை பற்றிய கட்டுரைகளிலேயே ஒரு மைல் கல்லான கட்டுரை! கொஞ்ச நாளைக்கு சலனம் இருக்கத்தான் செய்யும்:-)

மேலும், அவர் பொறுமையாக பதில் சொல்லும் ஆளாக இருக்கிறார் (மற்ற கேஸ் என்றால், இது பற்றிப்பேச எனக்கு ஒரு குப்பி வேண்டும் என்று சொல்லி விடும்) :-)

app_engine
12th February 2010, 08:14 PM
There was another interesting thing in that article (that was also noted by one of the commenters).

அது மனுஷ்ய புத்திரனையும் (what a blasphemous name this fellow has adapted) ஒரு தட்டு தட்டி இருப்பது :-)

rajasaranam
13th February 2010, 11:32 AM
ஷாஜியின் விளக்கம் (http://www.jeyamohan.in/?p=6497)

namma usha madam vera oru seruppadi kelvi kettuttu vanthu irukkaanga :D

tvsankar
13th February 2010, 11:44 AM
rs,
apadi ellam ilai.

edho - perfectionist madhiri kaatikarare...

yarai vendumanulum yar vendumanalum sollalam..

enna vendumanalum sollalam....

then, naamum shaji yai pesalam RS

hhahha

nambakathanana idahtil irundhu kidaith thagaval nu
oru vaarthai

edhu NAMABAGATHANMAI ?

IR ai pidikadhavanga solradhu ellam
Namabagathanama idama?
hahahaahha

Maximum Perfect aga irukum VIPS ai
ivar pazhikum podhu,
Ivar enna periya ivara???

Enna oru Garvam......

rajasaranam
13th February 2010, 11:48 AM
naanum oru seruppu veesittu vanthu irukkaen. JemO pirasurippaaraa paarkaalam :D

tvsankar
13th February 2010, 11:53 AM
PS in voice ai pazhikum Shaji ku oru vaarthai

andha kalathil - padal record enbadhu - evvalavu kashtamana ondru....

oru paatu Record avadharkul - Ethanai murai paadi irupar..

Ethanai murai - Orchestra - play panni irupanga...

Kurai koorum podhu,

Endha time il - Yar enna seidhargal endru

therindhu kondu solla vendum.......

kidaitha konjam Nyanathirku - ipadi vimarsika
thonudhae...

Neengal yen Periya Aalaga varavillai...

Periya aalaga vandhu irundhal - indha madhiri

moonam thara, naalam thara velaiku ellam vandhu iruka maateenga........

agaiyal,

Muyarchi seidhu munnuku vandhavargalai vimarsikum podhu,
Avargal muyarchiyum kashtamum, vetriyum enna
endru kaetu adhaiyum pariseelanai seidhu paarungal...

Neengal - Ungal vaazhkaiyil Uyarveergal.........

one more word to Shaji

Wellwishers - artham enna.. Nammai Support seibavargala...
illai pa.

Un thavarai thiruthi. unganalai nalla vazhiku vazhi kaatum manidhargal dhan (suyanalam illamal)

tvsankar
13th February 2010, 11:54 AM
Nanri RS

indha mahdiri - thavarana thagaval sollvadhai
chinnadhaga vida kudadhu...

Shaji kandipaga bhadhil solla vendum......

Sanjeevi
13th February 2010, 12:36 PM
Naan kuda ippothan oru illa rendu comments panninen

:)

tvsankar
13th February 2010, 12:59 PM
Sanjeevi,
ungaluku ondru puriyavillai..

Nalla isai - artham enna..
prob ingae dhan started....

pop rock jazz - idhu dhan nalla isai..

idhai yen IR kodukavillai..

avaruku theiryavillai.
adharku karnaam - avar oru Dhinakooli , sevizhi isai etc.....

idhu dhan Shaji in karuthu.....

IR ai patri therindhadhal, IR ai Shaji vimarsikum podhu,

Shaji yai patri enaku therindhu irukiradhu.
naan avarai vimarsikalam ena ninaikiren..

Thandhaiyal - recognise panna padadha oruthar indha Shaji..

Yen?

than thavarai unarandha Shaji - Uzhaipal munnuku vandhavargalai kurai kooralama?

Kurai avaridam irukriadhu. Adhai avar sari seidhu kolla vendum...
IRo, Pso , seerkazhiyo illai. hahahhahahahaha...

Bala (Karthik)
13th February 2010, 01:47 PM
ஷாஜியின் விளக்கம் (http://www.jeyamohan.in/?p=6497)

namma usha madam vera oru seruppadi kelvi kettuttu vanthu irukkaanga :D
Shaji skirts the "Thumbi vaa" issue by spewing some nonsense about all geniuses being inspired and its inevitability.
"Dei naanga un kitta enna kettom?"

Secondly, if he thinks Raaja's genius has dried up after the 90s he should be checked in immediately to a mana nala aaspathiri

P_R
13th February 2010, 02:39 PM

Oh.. interesting.
கூடுதலா புடிக்க வைக்கும் 'ங்கறது தான் ஒத்துக்கிட்டாச்சே. Critical mass* example is interesting though.

* mass as in maraNa would make 'critical mass' an oxymoron wouldn't it ?

Sureshs65
13th February 2010, 03:48 PM
Aaah. The whole Shaji episode is going like 'vidadhu karuppu'. Saw comments our hubbers like Usha Chechi. Sanjeevi and Chandanaar. I think enough has been told about the Shaji article. It is very clear that the article does not deserve any respect.

RS: One of the comments in the blog says that some comments were disallowed. Was yours one of them? :)

tvsankar
13th February 2010, 06:40 PM
suresh,
indha Shaji - thaan oru perfectionist mahdiriyum,
Thannidam thavaru ilali enbadhu pola phone il solli irukirar.
JM - porumaiyaga - ellavatraiyum pottu irukirar..

enndaiya kelvi - indha Shaji - matravargalin karuthuku idam tharavillaiyae?? yen? edharku indha thimir?

Sureshs65
13th February 2010, 08:52 PM
Usha,

Shaji became inconsequential the moment he wrote that dishonest article. Why worry about him and lose sleep?

rajasaranam
14th February 2010, 10:41 AM
RS: One of the comments in the blog says that some comments were disallowed. Was yours one of them? :)

Yeah! JemO Bayanthuttar pOla. I still dont understand why my comment was disallowed. Sure I know it was a personal attack but nothing more than what shAji/sEru has done to Raaja.

My comment was something similar to this:

பழசிராஜா விஷயத்தில் மொளனம் காப்பது ஷாஜியின் நம்பகதன்மையை கேள்விக்குள்ளாக்குகிறது. யூட்யுபில் ராஜாவின் அந்த பேச்சு இருக்கிறது என்பதை இங்கு பலரும் சுட்டிய பிறகும் "அதில் சொல்லப்பட்ட தகவல்களை கூடுமானவரை நம்பகமான மூலங்களில் இருந்தே பெற்றுகொண்டதாக*" சொல்லுவது கீழே விழுந்த பின்னும் மீசையில் மன் ஒட்டவில்லை எனும் தொனியிலும், சாரு ஏதும் தவறிழைத்து விட்டு பின் செய்யும் அசட்டு பசப்புதல்களையும் ஒத்து உள்ளது.

Sureshs65
14th February 2010, 09:04 PM
RS,

Surprising. I would think yours is a rather innocuous comment, given the general trends of articles and comments!!!

app_engine
15th February 2010, 06:25 PM
எப்படியோ, இந்த மாதிரி ஒரு வெட்டிப்பேர்வழிக்கு இளையராசா தயவில் நல்ல விளம்பரம் கிடைத்து விட்டது! வேடிக்கை தான், எப்படிப்பார்த்தாலும் இந்த ஆளுக்கு வரவு தான்!

நல்லா இருக்கட்டும்!

tvsankar
15th February 2010, 06:28 PM
app,
Varaverpu

2 type iruku...

1. Carpet virithu varaverkalam..

2. Kallala adichum varaverkalam... :roll:

MADDY
16th February 2010, 08:54 AM
do these guys - shaji and charu - get discussed in IR yahoo groups as well?

Hulkster
16th February 2010, 08:56 AM
Yup but they only exist for a few posts. Usually IR Yahoo Groups tries to exclude controversial articles about or against IR. They tend to focus more on his musical output and more relevant news tidbits.

app_engine
16th February 2010, 09:10 AM
app,
Varaverpu

2 type iruku...

அக்கா, ஒரு விஷயம் தெரியுமா?

கொஞ்சம் விளம்பரம் (அப்படியே கொஞ்சம் சில்லறை) கிடைக்கும்னா முச்சந்தியில் விளக்குமாறால் அடி வாங்கவும் தயாராக ஒரு கூட்டமே இருக்கு :-)

அது போக, இந்த ராசா கூட்டம் இருக்கே, வெப்'பில கொஞ்சம் கத்துறது தவிர வேறு ஒரு வன்முறையும் அறியாத கூட்டமுங்க இது :-)

tvsankar
16th February 2010, 10:32 AM
app,
Varaverpu

2 type iruku...

அக்கா, ஒரு விஷயம் தெரியுமா?

கொஞ்சம் விளம்பரம் (அப்படியே கொஞ்சம் சில்லறை) கிடைக்கும்னா முச்சந்தியில் விளக்குமாறால் அடி வாங்கவும் தயாராக ஒரு கூட்டமே இருக்கு :-)

அது போக, இந்த ராசா கூட்டம் இருக்கே, வெப்'பில கொஞ்சம் கத்துறது தவிர வேறு ஒரு வன்முறையும் அறியாத கூட்டமுங்க இது :-)

Very True app,... very true.......

par
16th February 2010, 12:17 PM
Yup but they only exist for a few posts. Usually IR Yahoo Groups tries to exclude controversial articles about or against IR. They tend to focus more on his musical output and more relevant news tidbits.

It looks a nice place :D

par
16th February 2010, 12:32 PM

I've come to a very simple conclusion. Left wingers usually find fault with Ilaiyaraaja's character/attitude, though they like his music. Right wingers worship his music and don't bother about or justify his perceived attitude problems.

No wonder Jeyamohan writes like 'fan boy'. He is only catering to his fan base.

PS: Strictly my opinion

raja_fan
16th February 2010, 02:28 PM
I have also come to a very very simple conclusion.
There is nothing nowadays to discuss about IR's latest in music !
No notable projects..nothing to look forward..

jaiganes
16th February 2010, 10:47 PM

I've come to a very simple conclusion. Left wingers usually find fault with Ilaiyaraaja's character/attitude, though they like his music. Right wingers worship his music and don't bother about or justify his perceived attitude problems.

How simple it is to paint everyone with broad strokes of stereotyping?
I am really one step away from fainting at seeing your socio political analysis? Take it somewhere else pls.
PS: Your opinion simply sucks. and thats my opinion.

eagle
16th February 2010, 11:30 PM

How simple it is to paint everyone with broad strokes of stereotyping?
I am really one step away from fainting at seeing your socio political analysis? Take it somewhere else pls.
PS: Your opinion simply sucks. and thats my opinion.

I broadly agree with par on the analysis of right wing and left wing attitudes. Of course there will be variations or even completely opposite types you can come across. Looks like at least in raja's case what par suggests is actually the reality barring few exceptions. (like gnani likes his film music & said few good words about it)

My 2 cents.... :|

eagle
17th February 2010, 12:06 AM

raja_fan இதைத்தான் சந்துல சிந்து பாடுவது என்பார்களோ? :D

ananth222
17th February 2010, 12:07 AM
I broadly agree with par on the analysis of right wing and left wing attitudes. My 2 cents.... :|
eagle, I think you've scored a double bogey by agreeing with par! (thats how ridiculous the whole thing sounds)

app_engine
17th February 2010, 12:53 AM

raja_fan இதைத்தான் சந்துல சிந்து பாடுவது என்பார்களோ? :D

Actually there's a different sticky thread dedicated to discuss IR's forthcoming projects. (IR's new albums). So,if someone is interested to discuss when their great-great-grand father is going to have his next child, that is the place to go:-)

This news / tid-bits thread is obviously to discuss anything & everything related to IR (and not necessarily whether there're any more exciting projects) and this lamentation sounds quite out of place:-)

Well, internet has given license to all of us to write anything we want and such things are unavoidable :-)

See one more sample in this blog (the blogger is reviewing ARR's VTV album it seems):

http://neydhal.blogspot.com/2010/02/blog-post_16.html

Nick Drake என்ற என்னை கவர்ந்த கித்தார் கலைஞனின் இசை வடிவத்தை ஓரளவு ஞாபகப்படுத்துகிறது. எனக்கு தெரிந்த வரை இளையராஜா வயலின், குழல் இரண்டிலும் ராஜாங்கம் நடத்திய போதிலும் அதிகம் கித்தாரை கையாண்டதில்லை. மேற்கு இசையின் மிக முக்கிய கருவியான கித்தாரை அதன் உயிர்ப்போடு கையாள ரகுமான் போன்ற திறமையான இசை கலைஞர்களால் மட்டுமே முடியும்.

tvsankar
17th February 2010, 01:08 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

app_engine
17th February 2010, 01:13 AM
எதற்கும் இருக்கட்டும்னு அந்த ப்ளாக் மேதைக்கு ஒரு "பின்னூட்டம்" :lol: போட்டேன் :

ஐயா,
ரகுமான் பாட்டை விமர்சிக்கையில் கூட ராசா பத்திப்பேசாமல் எழுத முடியவில்லை என்பது வேடிக்கை தான்:-)

என்றாலும் அவருக்கு கிதார் கையாள வராது என்று சொல்லுமுன்னால் நீங்கள் செய்ய வேண்டிய ரெண்டு காரியம்:
1 . கிதார் என்ற கருவி எப்படி இருக்கும் , அதிலிருந்து என்ன மாதிரி சத்தம் வரும் என்று தெரிந்து கொள்ள வேண்டியது
2 . பயணங்கள் முடிவதில்லை என்ற படத்தின் 'இளைய நிலா பொழிகிறதே' பாடல் தொடங்கி குறைந்த பட்சம் ஒரு ஆயிரம் பாடல்களில் இளையராஜா என்ற கிதார் மேதை (நான் சொல்லுவதல்ல லண்டன்காரன் தங்க மெடல் கொடுத்துச்சொன்னது) எப்படி இந்தக்கருவியை லீட், பேஸ் மற்றும் கார்ட்சில் உபயோகித்திருக்கிறார் என்று கேட்டு ஆராய்வது :-)

tvsankar
17th February 2010, 01:19 AM
app,
Porupana nalla bhadhil.

eagle
17th February 2010, 01:47 AM

ஐயா,
ரகுமான் பாட்டை விமர்சிக்கையில் கூட ராசா பத்திப்பேசாமல் எழுத முடியவில்லை என்பது வேடிக்கை தான்:-)

என்றாலும் அவருக்கு கிதார் கையாள வராது என்று சொல்லுமுன்னால் நீங்கள் செய்ய வேண்டிய ரெண்டு காரியம்:
1 . கிதார் என்ற கருவி எப்படி இருக்கும் , அதிலிருந்து என்ன மாதிரி சத்தம் வரும் என்று தெரிந்து கொள்ள வேண்டியது
2 . பயணங்கள் முடிவதில்லை என்ற படத்தின் 'இளைய நிலா பொழிகிறதே' பாடல் தொடங்கி குறைந்த பட்சம் ஒரு ஆயிரம் பாடல்களில் இளையராஜா என்ற கிதார் மேதை (நான் சொல்லுவதல்ல லண்டன்காரன் தங்க மெடல் கொடுத்துச்சொன்னது) எப்படி இந்தக்கருவியை லீட், பேஸ் மற்றும் கார்ட்சில் உபயோகித்திருக்கிறார் என்று கேட்டு ஆராய்வது :-)

ப்ளாக் எழுதுபவர்களும் நம்மை போன்ற மனிதர்கள் தானே? இல்லை ஸ்பெஷல் ஆக இரண்டு கொம்பு முளைத்தவர்களா?
நானாக இருந்தால் ஏன்டா எங்கேயோ இருந்த nick drake பெயரையெல்லாம் போட்டு படிப்பவர்களை பயமுறுத்துவதற்கு முன் இங்கே பக்கத்தில் இருக்கும் ராஜாவின் பாட்டை கொஞ்சம் கவனமாக (காத்து கொடுத்தாவது) கேட்டிருந்தால் இந்த மாதிரி ஒரு விமர்சனம் எழுதியிருப்பாயா என்று கேட்டிருப்பேன். கிடார் என்றாலே குறைந்தது 10 பாடல்கள் நினைவில் வந்து போகும் அளவிற்கு இசையமைத்த ராஜாவுக்கு வந்த கதி !!
அவன் முட்டாள்தனத்திற்கு அந்த பதிவு இணையம் இருக்கும் வரை சாட்சியாக இருக்கப்போவது உறுதி.
எனக்கு தெரிந்து இவன் எந்த இசையையும் உருப்படியாக கேட்டிருக்க போவதில்லை அப்படி கேட்டிருந்தால் vtv பாடல்களில் ஒன்றின் மூலத்தை நியாயமாக ஒப்புகொண்டிருக்க வேண்டும்... நான் அந்த பதிவையும் படித்து உறுதி செய்ய வேண்டிய அவசியமே இல்லை அப்படி இருக்க வாய்ப்பே இல்லை...

இல்லை ஒருவேளை காதலா காதலா படத்தில் கமலுக்கு வரும் சந்தேகம் போல எது கிடார் என்பதிலேயே குழப்பமா? என்ன கொடுமை... app_engine இணையத்தை மேயும் போது ஜாக்கிரதையாக இருக்கவும்....

app_engine
17th February 2010, 02:23 AM
eagle,
இதெல்லாமே ஒரு ஜாலிக்குத்தானே:-)

சீரியஸா எடுத்துக்கப்டாது :-)

app_engine
17th February 2010, 03:02 AM
While we can make fun of such ignorant fellows and don't care much about such posts for long, what I see today is that the "general TFM awareness / sensitivity" of an average person in TN is going down (from what it was a decade or two ago).

While people still talk a lot about TFM, ARR, HJ etc (and their successes / popularity / Oscar / Grammy / how ARR is greater than prior MDs etc), I think there's a downward trend on discussion about instruments / their usage etc.

That "dissecting music" thingy seems to be past now, may be because of the wide use of keyboards / hi tech sounds (rather than traditional instruments which one can identify / stand out).

Reminds me of a co-worker who was with me when we both visited a factory that was assembling stereo players (in the late 80's). There was this QC station that tested each set and it was using a demo cassette with a fantastic violin piece and I remarked " heart melting violin sound". The other engineer exclaimed " So, you can identify that it is a violin sound!". It was gala time for all the bachelor gang that evening in making fun of him to the point that he got mad.

Looks like it will be the other way around today, I'll be made fun of!

jaiganes
17th February 2010, 03:17 AM

ஐயா,

ப்ளாக் எழுதுபவர்களும் நம்மை போன்ற மனிதர்கள் தானே? இல்லை ஸ்பெஷல் ஆக இரண்டு கொம்பு முளைத்தவர்களா?
நானாக இருந்தால் ஏன்டா எங்கேயோ இருந்த nick drake பெயரையெல்லாம் போட்டு படிப்பவர்களை பயமுறுத்துவதற்கு முன் இங்கே பக்கத்தில் இருக்கும் ராஜாவின் பாட்டை கொஞ்சம் கவனமாக (காத்து கொடுத்தாவது) கேட்டிருந்தால் இந்த மாதிரி ஒரு விமர்சனம் எழுதியிருப்பாயா என்று கேட்டிருப்பேன். கிடார் என்றாலே குறைந்தது 10 பாடல்கள் நினைவில் வந்து போகும் அளவிற்கு இசையமைத்த ராஜாவுக்கு வந்த கதி !!
அவன் முட்டாள்தனத்திற்கு அந்த பதிவு இணையம் இருக்கும் வரை சாட்சியாக இருக்கப்போவது உறுதி.
எனக்கு தெரிந்து இவன் எந்த இசையையும் உருப்படியாக கேட்டிருக்க போவதில்லை அப்படி கேட்டிருந்தால் vtv பாடல்களில் ஒன்றின் மூலத்தை நியாயமாக ஒப்புகொண்டிருக்க வேண்டும்... நான் அந்த பதிவையும் படித்து உறுதி செய்ய வேண்டிய அவசியமே இல்லை அப்படி இருக்க வாய்ப்பே இல்லை...

இல்லை ஒருவேளை காதலா காதலா படத்தில் கமலுக்கு வரும் சந்தேகம் போல எது கிடார் என்பதிலேயே குழப்பமா? என்ன கொடுமை... app_engine இணையத்தை மேயும் போது ஜாக்கிரதையாக இருக்கவும்....

indha bloggers kosuththollai thaanga mudiyalaida naarayanaa.
edhaavadhu finit adichu kollanumpa.

i too have peddled with such stupid stuff in the early days of blog -- but the current trend is to go and read all these blogs and get a 'kick' out of 'opinions that I want to hear' or 'opinions that give me a high' - there is no information there - just opinions. sometimes without even a shred of thought. this is sickening...

baroque
17th February 2010, 05:33 AM
While we can make fun of such ignorant fellows and don't care much about such posts for long, what I see today is that the "general TFM awareness / sensitivity" of an average person in TN is going down (from what it was a decade or two ago).

While people still talk a lot about TFM, ARR, HJ etc (and their successes / popularity / Oscar / Grammy / how ARR is greater than prior MDs etc), I think there's a downward trend on discussion about instruments / their usage etc.

That "dissecting music" thingy seems to be past now, may be because of the wide use of keyboards / hi tech sounds (rather than traditional instruments which one can identify / stand out).

அப்படியா என்ன? Not true.

I think this generation too talk, dissect about Raagas, orchestration etc.. in Tamil, hindi, malayalam etc.. music composers.

Talk/notice about Rahman's usage of flute prelude in songs like chinnamma.... or flute interlude of Yuvan's pathos in aahir bhairavi or accordion usage in a upbeat free spirited masakali... or guitar rhythm in nenjukkul peidhidum....(HJ) or solladi...tippu....Vijay Antony or various percussions in a song by G.V.P..Aayirathil Oruvan or beautiful arrangement by SEL in Taare zameen par etc.. orkisna... piano theme
cyclist's rhythm in Meenaxi...tale of 3 cities or celebration of life....flute piece or ghatam,flute of Selva ganesh's fusion.

Regarding Ragas, some of them do New age fusion. they expose youngsters to ragas.

Moreover Composers like Rahman, Haris etc.. employ Carnatic vocalists Jayashree, sudhaR, Unni etc... & professionals like Aruna Sairam, T.m.Krishna etc.. naturally attract youngsters for their concerts. My father was telling me.. you need to see the katcheri season.. it's like cricket match.. lots of youngsters are into classical music.

Whoever that blogger is (i didn't visit him :).. sorry )
hope he takes some time to cuddle up to IR and நான் பெற்ற இன்பம் அவரும் பெறட்டும்!

நலம் வாழ எந்நாள்ளும் என் வாழ்த்துக்கள் ..... அவருக்கு from இளையராஜாவின் இசை அரங்கிலிருந்து always! :)

vinatha. :)

Sureshs65
17th February 2010, 10:30 AM
app_eng,

I personally find that there are two types of people when it comes to analysing current music.

First is the ignorant fan boys, who believe everything under the sun was done by their idol only. (Will probably apply to some major Raja fans as well :) ) They feel that no one has experimented like Rahman / YSR / Harris (take your pick) and don't seem to have any clue of the music which had preceded these music directors. Not only the blogger you pointed to but a website report on Rahman started with, "There was no experimentation in Indian Film Music before 1992" !!! And this was not a blog. I would have laughed out aloud had it not been for the fact that this opinion is what you actual see at the ground level. You also know about how people here have been saying that Raja uses only tabla :lol: Indian Film music has been a hotbed for experimentation right from Kemchand Prakash, C R Subbaraman, Anil Biswas, G Ramanathan times (or even earlier) and to credit it all to someone like Rahman (or Raja) is sheer ignorance. May these people get to hear some good music in the future!!!

The second type of people are the very knowledgeable guys. I have seen articles written by Rahman fans where they discuss the intricacies of the recording technique, they discuss about the various loops and samples used, they discuss about various synthesizer techniques used. These are the people who are at ease with the latest gadgets, the latest recording techniques and are probably amateur musicians themselves. More than us, they know which loop and sample have been taken from the library and which one is probably a creation of the music director. Their admiration for Rahman / YSR / Harris goes this way, "I have the same tools that these fellows have but I am unable to create the song that these fellows are able to create or for that matter neither are the other music directors able to create such music ". That is also the bedrock of their arguments in support of their idols. While I am ok with this argument about their skills in using the available samples / technologies to make 'hit' music, I am not ok with its extension, which is, that these people are the greatest experimenters because they use 'world music'. The irony is that the same people who know exactly which sample was taken from which library, which loop was taken from which commercial loop bank go on to claim that their respective idol is the most 'original' and 'inventive' composer.

Another problem which I see is the crediting of these 'commercial samples' to the composer himself. This happens because those who hear the songs are not aware that these were not 'composed' by the composer but were bought / used by him. For example, I was recently reading a book on Hindi film music by a noted critic, Ashok Ranade. In which he goes ga-ga over the rhythm of the song 'pudhu vellai mazhai' (actually its Hindi counterpart) and praises Rahman for that rhythm. Nothing wrong except that the rhythm is the same as Vangelis's 'Chariots of Fire' rhythm. What I had advocated earlier is that all these music directors should clearly mention what samples have been taken from commercial software / library in the inlay cards. That will give a clear idea to people as to what was done by the music director himself and what was not. Till then all music directors will be praised for their 'world music' and all they did was to buy / copy that world music. And this makes them the 'greatest experimentalists' and the olden days music directors as people who did not understand 'werl meesic'. :lol:

eagle
17th February 2010, 10:48 AM
app_eng,
In which he goes ga-ga over the rhythm of the song 'pudhu vellai mazhai' (actually its Hindi counterpart) and praises Rahman for that rhythm. Nothing wrong except that the rhythm is the same as Vangelis's 'Chariots of Fire' rhythm.

Afraid this will be a deviation from the topic but since you started it i cant resist :)... i find the key or the critical elements in most of the hit songs from ARR heavily borrowed from world music... recently i have been hearing the works of many musicians who are labeling themselves as creators of world music and caters niche audience (read never moves from counters) i was surprised to find how ARR freely uses the key phrases in his songs without even acknowledging them.

these western critics..i wont be surprised if they are going to denounce ARR in future....

MADDY
17th February 2010, 11:45 AM
The second type of people are the very knowledgeable guys. I have seen articles written by Rahman fans where they discuss the intricacies of the recording technique, they discuss about the various loops and samples used, they discuss about various synthesizer techniques used. These are the people who are at ease with the latest gadgets, the latest recording techniques and are probably amateur musicians themselves. More than us, they know which loop and sample have been taken from the library and which one is probably a creation of the music director.

and where would u slot baradwaj rangans and vijayrs, who have pretty good grasp on carnatic music and other musical forms too, who are IR fans but still have tremendous respect and not even a iota of doubt on loops/samples over rahman?? :) ........

suresh - time and again, u bring rahman here and draw unnecessary simplistic conclusions........ :) .......i really feel sorry that stupid bloggers are using rahman's music and character to bash raaja but that doesent mean they are supporting rahman and u need to respond by taking a dig at rahman.........if rahman is not our cup of tea - throw the cup.....this is not a personal msg , i just want to prevent a whole bunch of unneccessary things talked abt IR and ARR :D

MADDY
17th February 2010, 11:47 AM
i was surprised to find how ARR freely uses the key phrases in his songs without even acknowledging them.

and how would you define a "key phrase" in a song composition......

these western critics..i wont be surprised if they are going to denounce ARR in future....

after all hope is not a bad thing :)

eagle
17th February 2010, 12:14 PM
MADDY,
i like ARR music too and i am not hoping anything against him just expressing my concern... and about key phrases its for you to take the call... cos even if i am going to provide examples you might disagree with me...

EOD i respect him for his achievements and hardwork...but what gets my nerves is some bloggers eagerness to belittle Raja just to praise ARR....

eagle
17th February 2010, 12:38 PM
and where would u slot baradwaj rangans and vijayrs, who have pretty good grasp on carnatic music and other musical forms too, who are IR fans but still have tremendous respect and not even a iota of doubt on loops/samples over rahman?? :) ........

I will tell you something that may not be related to ARR so that we can avoid ill feelings..

A lot has been said about maniratnam that he is a genius and india's answer to spieilberg etc., almost no critic ever pays attention to how he literally steals ideas from world movies.. but that dosent mean that "ayutha ezhuthu" is not a idea stolen from "amaros peros"...or the graphics of the movie anjali is not a lab work (even the editor of the movie that time came out openly saying that if that movie goes for oscars he will come out open with the details...)

Its just an example how the mainstream media & critics treats celebrities...

tvsankar
17th February 2010, 12:44 PM
Maddy,
Ungaloda concern puriyaradhu.

Naan oru IR fan - katrukondadhu - comparison vendam.

Neengalum - ARR ai IR udan Compare panra ARR fans kum solli kudunga. Comparison vendam endru.....

En vaarthaiyai nalla vidhama eduthupeenga nu nenaikiren.

Oruvarai pazhikaradhala - Pazhikaravar uyara mudiyadhu...

Idhai ellarum purinjukanam....

MADDY
17th February 2010, 01:05 PM
Neengalum - ARR ai IR udan Compare panra ARR fans kum solli kudunga. Comparison vendam endru

they are not ARR fans - they are just using ARR's name to bash raaja.......

eagle, im a bigger fan of maniratnam :lol: ....never mind :) ...

Sureshs65
17th February 2010, 02:12 PM
Maddy,

Where would I slot BR or vijayr? The same place where I slot myself, as a lover of all kinds of music. If they have no issues about Rahman borrowing / buying loops and samples, then that is their opinion. I like a lot of songs of Rahman, but that doesn't mean that I have to hide the fact that Rahman borrows. All I have been saying is that let it be clear as to what is being borrowed and what is being created and we can have a good assessment of Rahman's music.

Second, I have no issues with Rahman's or any other fans using their idols music and taking pot shots at Raja. My concern is that this is spreading all around to even people who are not particular fans of Rahman or Harris or YSR and everyone has started believing that there was no experimentation earlier.

I also don't buy into this argument that we should not listen to some music if you don't like it etc. I am all for a healthy debate about music and I don't think there is any issue comparing music directors, from a musical point of view. The current trend of 'indhu enga area, ulle varathe' type of attitude on all sides in not very healthy in my opinion. If we are mature enough, we should be able to discuss this in a peaceful manner.

I personally don't think I am drawing simplistic conclusions. All I said was that store bought loops and samples were being used and there are many people who credit the music director for these rhythms. Is that untrue?

eagle
17th February 2010, 02:14 PM
eagle, im a bigger fan of maniratnam :lol: ....never mind :) ...

என்ன இன்னைக்கு ரொம்ப ஜாம் ஆகுது.. :? ...செத்த நேரம் மறைவா இருப்போம்... .

Sureshs65
17th February 2010, 02:21 PM
..and Maddy, my post was not a dig at Rahman. It was very direct expression of what I feel and that applies as much to Harris, Yuvan, Vijay Anthony and others.

It is again not as a response to bloggers who bash Raja. For us, it is all 'arasiyalla idellam sagajamappa' :D This subject has been my genuine concern and when I got a chance I posted !! :)

Sureshs65
17th February 2010, 02:22 PM
eagle,

I also hold the same views as you on Mani but I will also hide :lol:

thumburu
17th February 2010, 02:49 PM
I also don't buy into this argument that we should not listen to some music if you don't like it etc. I am all for a healthy debate about music and I don't think there is any issue comparing music directors, from a musical point of view. The current trend of 'indhu enga area, ulle varathe' type of attitude on all sides in not very healthy in my opinion. If we are mature enough, we should be able to discuss this in a peaceful manner.

- well said Suresh. Otherwise these forums would be as morose as those yahoo groups .
Usha/Maddy, What is so sacrosanct about comparing 2 MD's music?
Afterall, we are all here for a nice time pass and free exchange of views without resorting to personal attacks

raagas
17th February 2010, 03:13 PM
Suresh,

It all boils down to awareness & knowledge. If a certain blogger is writing something positive about some composer X, it is just his view of the world (music world) and how that music affected or excited him. Readers might not take that as true facts, although lot of people might. The mistake lies on both sides. The writer, doesnt have a disclaimer, that it is his take, according to his knowledge. The reader doesnt realize that it is the writer's view.

And loops etc have become too common these days that even normal composers are thinking twice to use them. Because if they use them, they might have some amateur artist in some street, writing on the internet that "Look this composer gave same music as i did". Ofcourse, loops are still in use, but i think their as-it-is usage is going down. I think music directors are tweaking a lot and then using, to avoid controversy. Also, its question of survival. One can succeed one day, but might not pull along like that for years. I think the composers too know it.

And offlate, i have realized that it is no longer right to judge a composer based on loops or whatever. Because every composer uses some sort of technology.I have grown out of that judging by comparing "real vs synth" phenomena. Even IR uses. And many others do. So no point. I look for other technical aspects in a song, that interest me, be it any composer.

vel
17th February 2010, 05:23 PM
Maddy,

well said suresh - but when people cleverly hide their personal agendas & irritations abt IR's fame in the garb of 'freedom of expression' and use--very cheap i would say--repetitive lies on & on to make those lies sound like truth (like bob=kuppai, he-said-no-2-periyar, IR=fake atheist, or he shud retire or he lost his touch or he didnt do enuf social service etc etc) or even very carelessly dismiss a song with an arrogant air of abominable/misplaced vanity/false pride, then the confines of closed yahoo groups or 'idhu enga area' is vindicated...in fact 1000 times better i would say...And c'mon, we are not kids to not know the difference between healthy debates and tummy burns / hidden agenda cases.

Sureshs65
17th February 2010, 06:44 PM
I look for other technical aspects in a song, that interest me, be it any composer.

That's exactly how I too judge. The only problem is, in many cases I do not know if the technical aspect I am hearing is that of the composer or whether it is from some other 'bank'. That bothers me. That's all that I am trying to say. Because I have earlier appreciated many music directors for some 'technical aspects' and found that it was not of that composer. So once bitten, twice shy.

app_engine
17th February 2010, 09:21 PM
[tscii:86fc44a4ae]ok, today's fun link :

http://pinnaveenathuvam.wordpress.com/2010/02/17/%E0%AE%9A%E0%AE%BE%E0%AE%B0%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%B5%E0%A F%8B%E0%AE%9F%E0%AF%81-%E0%AE%92%E0%AE%B0%E0%AF%81-%E0%AE%A8%E0%AF%87%E0%AE%B0%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%95%E0%A E%BE%E0%AE%A3%E0%AE%B2%E0%AF%8D/

தீராநதி: இளையராஜாவின் இசையை விமர்சித்து கோணல்பக்கத்தில் ஒரு கட்டுரை எழுதி இருக்கிறீர்கள் ?’ உங்களின் இசை ரசனை பற்றி விளக்கமுடியுமா ?

சாரு: ‘ ஆல் இண்டியா ரேடியோவின் சங்கீத் ’ சம்மேளன் மூலமாக ரவிசங்கரின் இசைக் கச்சேரிகளைக் கேட்க ஆரம்பித்ததிலிருந்து என் இசைத் தேடல் தொடங்கிவிட்டது. அதற்கு முன்னாலேயே எங்கள் ஊர் பள்ளி வாசல்களில் கேட்கும் ‘ நகரா ’ இசை மூலம் என் இசை ரசனையைப் பெருக்கிக் கொண்டேன். இன்னும் சொல்லப்போனால் , இலக்கியத்தைவிட எனக்கு இசையின் மேலும் சினிமாவின் மேலும்தான் ஆர்வம் அதிகம். சினிமா சம்பந்தமாக நான் நிறைய எழுதி இருப்பதால் அச்சந்தேகம் யாருக்கும் எழவில்லை. இசை பற்றி நான் அதிகம் எழுதாதது கூட அதற்கு ஒரு காரணமாக இருந்திருக்கலாம். 25 வருடங்களுக்கு முன்னால் ‘ மீட்சி ’ இதழில் ‘ சிலப்பதிகாரத்து இசை நுணுக்க விளக்கம் ’ என்ற எஸ்.ராமநாதன் எழுதிய புத்தகத்தை அடிப்படையாக வைத்து கர்நாடக இசைக்கும் , நாட்டுப்புற இசைக்கும் உள்ள இணைத்தன்மைகள் பற்றி ஒரு ஒப்பீட்டுக் கட்டுரை எழுதி இருக்கிறேன். ‘ ஷங்கர்லால் இசைவிழா ’ என்று கணையாழியில் ஒரு கதை எழுதி இருக்கிறேன். அதைப் பாராட்டி அப்போது அசோகமித்திரன் கூட ஒரு கடிதம் போட்டார். நான் டில்லியில் இருந்தபோது பல இசைக் கலைஞர்களின் கச்சேரியை நேரடியாகக் கேட்டிருக்கிறேன்.

தமிழ்நாட்டில் இருப்பவர்களுக்கு இசை என்றால் அவர்களின் வரம்பிற்குள் கர்நாடக இசையும் இந்துஸ்தானியும்தான் இருக்கிறது. இசை என்பது உலகம் பூராகவும் இருக்கின்ற ஒன்று. இவற்றையெல்லாம் இசையென்று நீங்கள் ஏற்றுக்கொள்ள வேண்டும். உங்களுடைய செவியும் அறிவும் உணர்வும் ஏற்றுக்கொள்ள வேண்டும். அந்த ரசனை இல்லாதவர்களெல்லாம் இசை ரசனையே இல்லாதவர்கள் என்றுதான் சொல்வேன்.

இளையராஜாவை விட யுவன் ஷங்கர்ராஜா பல மடங்கு இசை ரசனையுள்ளவர். ‘ புதுப்பேட்டை ’ யில் அவர் கொடுத்திருக்கும் இசை பெரிய சிம்பொனி மாதிரி இருக்கிறது. மேற்கத்திய இசையில் ரொம்பவும் ஆழமான ரசனை உள்ளவனால் மட்டுமே இதைச் செய்ய முடியும். அதே போல ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் ‘ குரு ’ படத்திற்குப் போட்டிருப்பதும் உயர்தரமான இசை என்று சொல்ல முடியும். நான் எழுதிய இசைக் கட்டுரைகள் ‘ கலகம் காதல் இசை ’ என்று தொகுக்கப்பட்டு சமீபத்தில் ஒரு புத்தகமாக வந்திருக்கிறது. இதுதான் எனக்கும் இசைக்கும் உள்ள உறவை வெளிப்படுத்தும் சான்று. இளையராஜா பற்றி இன்னும் சொல்ல வேண்டும் என்றால் அவருக்கும் மேலாகச் சென்று இசையில் சாதனை செய்தவர்கள் சுமாராக பதினைந்து பேரையும் மறந்துவிட்டு , மறுத்துவிட்டு இவர் இருப்பது நன்றி கெட்டதனம். ஒருவன் தன்னை இசைஞானி என்று கூப்பிட்டால் , எனக்கு முன்னால் பதினைந்து ஞானிகள் இருந்திருக்கிறார்கள் என்று தன்னடக்கத்துடன் அவர் சொல்லியிருக்க வேண்டும்.

இளையராஜா கொடுக்கின்ற பேட்டிகளில் எல்லாம் தனக்குத் தெரியாத விஷயங்களில் மூக்கை நுழைத்து உளறிக் கொண்டிருக்கிறார். அதனால்தான் நான் அவரை விமர்சிக்க வேண்டி இருக்கிறது. ‘ பாப் மார்லி ’ யை குப்பை என்கிறார். கத்தாரை குப்பை என்கிறார். ஆந்திராவில் சென்று கத்தாரை குப்பையென்று சொல்லிப் பாருங்கள். அப்புறம் என்ன நடக்கிறதென்று பார்ப்போம்.

தீராநதி: யுவன் ஷங்கர் ராஜாவின் இசை குறித்து பேசியதால் கேட்கிறேன். இளையராஜாவின் இசையைக் கேட்கும்போது அதில் ஒரு மன அமைதியின்மை நிலவுகிறது. அதே யுவன் ஷங்கர்ராஜாவின் இசையைக் கேட்டால் ஒரு விளிம்பு நிலை கலாச்சாரத் தன்மையுடன் கூடிய ஒரு கொண்டாட்டம் பீறிடுகிறது. இது சரியான ஒப்பீடா ?

சாரு: யுவனைப் பொறுத்த அளவில் நீங்கள் சொல்வதை நானும் உணர்ந்திருக்கிறேன். ஆனால் , இளையராஜாவின் இசையில் நீங்கள் சொல்வது போன்ற ஒரு குணாம்சம் இருப்பதாக எனக்குத் தெரியவில்லை. அதை நான் உணர்ந்திருந்தால் அவரைக் கொண்டாடி இருப்பேன். எனக்கு அவரிடம் அப்படி ஒரு குணாம்சமே இருப்பதாகத் தோன்றவில்லை. ஒருவேளை அதற்குக் காரணம் _ என் எரிச்சல் சார்ந்ததாகக்கூட இருக்கலாம். அவர் செய்கின்ற பல ‘ லந்து ’ களால் என் புலனுணர்வுக்கு அது எட்டாமலேகூட போய் இருக்கலாம். ஒருவேளை உங்களுடைய அனுமானம் சரியாக இருந்தால் , அதற்கு அவரின் ஆன்மிகத் தேடல் ஒரு காரணமாக இருக்கலாம். ஆன்மிகத் தேடல் இருந்தாலே அது ஒருவித அமைதியையும் , அமைதியின்மையையும் ஒருங்கே ஏற்படுத்திவிடும்.

(bolding and italicizing mine)

Looks like the kumudam group gets appropriate nut cases as reporters for theerAnadhi, as they end up interviewing suchlike ones all the time :-)

[/tscii:86fc44a4ae]

app_engine
17th February 2010, 09:23 PM
Another news report :
http://www.worldtamilweb.com/?p=2305

(Thirumavalavan greets IR)

tvsankar
17th February 2010, 09:28 PM
app,
:lol: Nejamavae naan tired agiten app. :D :D :D :D

Indha madhiri IR vishayathuku - pudhusa thread la podalam dhanae....

indha thread la edhuku indha kuppai ellam....

tvsankar
17th February 2010, 09:30 PM
kuppai nu sonnadhu - Charu interview ai
Thirumavalavan news ai solalai.
nalaldhai ingae sollalam.
kuppaiyai - New Thread la podalam..

jaiganes
17th February 2010, 10:10 PM
i was surprised to find how ARR freely uses the key phrases in his songs without even acknowledging them.

and how would you define a "key phrase" in a song composition......

after all hope is not a bad thing :)

key phrase is something that engages listener's attention and draws out a 'whoa' from him/her or in case of a film music piece - something that underscores a key on screen moment.

Sometimes a key phrase can even be a groovy bass line given good prominence - Recent example - 'Badavara manege' song from Prem Kahani - repeating prominent bass groove gives an edge to a standard thaalaattu. Why did the composer give that prominence and what sorta mood evokes is a deciding factor about the 'thinking' behind the creation.

Another example of Key phrase is the very pleasant fantasy like flute piece in the back ground score in 'Nizhal Kuththu' along with the protagonist ' stark theme' this piece is not somthing that runs for 10 minutes or even 2 minutes - but it 'says' something.

In case of ARR compositions, the key phrase of which i am very fond of is the 'Indian' Thatha theme music - another thing from the same movie is the starting bit in 'Telephone mani pol' and those violins - they are magical. In Kannaththil muthamittaal - the base flutes that occupy the prelude of the 'Nenjil jil jil' is a 'key phrase'.

In case of Yuvan's much hyped 'pudhupaettai' score the most popular kuthu 2 minute song is purely loop constructed and I broke the pudhu paettai CD and threw it away after listening to the original lood in an AD. atleast he could have improvised. avvalavu somberithanama?
And pray what is his contribution in the 'oororam puliyamaram' masterpiece song? post modernism doesnt mean taking any source and copy pasting it - it has to pass through the prism of a creator's intellect. modern composers - can they touch their heart and say that - yes I took this source and see how I have interpreted it? In that sense the most complete post modernist album in the past 30 decades that thamizh music ears has ever seen or heard is 'How to name it' For it credits the source of inspiration and displays its composer's intellect in connecting the dots and reinterpreting them in a chaste manner free of any accusations of 'pollution' of either creator's work or the source that provided inspiration.

baroque
17th February 2010, 10:26 PM
Afraid this will be a deviation from the topic but since you started it i cant resist :)... i find the key or the critical elements in most of the hit songs from ARR heavily borrowed from world music... recently i have been hearing the works of many musicians who are labeling themselves as creators of world music and caters niche audience (read never moves from counters) i was surprised to find how ARR freely uses the key phrases in his songs without even acknowledging them.

Eagle,

copy/inspiration in Indian cinema whether music or movie.. so many people have done including Ilayaraaja.
mottukkal pottaalum.... sound of music -
thannannam thaanannam.....yathra too.

vinatha.

jaiganes
17th February 2010, 10:50 PM

Eagle,

copy/inspiration in Indian cinema whether music or movie.. so many people have done including Ilayaraaja.
mottukkal pottaalum.... sound of music -
thannannam thaanannam.....yathra too.

vinatha.

Frankly did you notice the flourishes he put in that song?

baroque
17th February 2010, 10:57 PM
Of course Shri.ir has...
that's why i have included the word inspiration.

app_engine
17th February 2010, 11:00 PM
these western critics..

While it's true that adequate knowledge on the subject is generally a requirement to be an accepted critic in the west (unlike in Thamizh magazines / blog world where nut cases with hardly any knowledge can critic anything, including music), these ones too are often agenda (and bias) driven :-)

So, their certificate (or lack of it) should not worry anyone who loves a particular composer or his music!

Still, it's fun to look at these and laugh / get irritated / ridicule / smile / cry / argue etc :-)

eagle
17th February 2010, 11:00 PM
it has to pass through the prism of a creator's intellect.

This one sentence conveys the difference between a genius and a talented composer. Also it can be a daunting task to measure that aspect which jai insists... vinatha you miserably fail by simply saying all the composers inspired by previous works by masters... sometimes i feels the genius of raaja is too much for us mortal folks... first time when i heard raaja comparing the song "veetukku veetukku" from "kizhakku vaasal" with mozart composition in "tour in italy" album ( he demonstrated that on live and got appreciation from the crowd) i was spellbound...

thats how a genius interprets....PERIOD.

I am so happy at least Jai understood what i was trying to convey... we are not definitely out to belittle ARR or any other composers hard work... its only when it comes to genius
(a much abused word in todays context...) like raaja how it becomes a paradigm shift in interpreting the past works of masters
(Yes he is also using the loops in some ways... now place him along the rest of the composers..problem solved...) :)

baroque
17th February 2010, 11:20 PM
vinatha you miserably fail by simply saying all the composers inspired by previous works by masters...

Eagle,

I didn't say that.
Please read my previous post one more time..

vinatha.

eagle
17th February 2010, 11:25 PM
kuppaiyai - New Thread la podalam..

சாருவின் உளறல்கள் கண்டிப்பாக ஒரு குப்பை தலைப்பிட்ட thread ஐ கோருகின்றன .....சமீபத்திய ப்ளாக் மேதையின் பதிவும் கூட ...( thanks to app _engine ) யாராவது ஆரம்பிங்களேன்... அங்கே நாம் எல்லோரும் கும்மி அடிக்கலாம்...

eagle
17th February 2010, 11:28 PM
vinatha you miserably fail by simply saying all the composers inspired by previous works by masters...

Eagle,

I didn't say that.
Please read my previous post one more time..

vinatha.

Just wanted to make sure that how Raaja is different from rest of the composers... FYKI i have not even used the word copy for anyone... i like to consider all of them simply gets inspired...

baroque
17th February 2010, 11:57 PM
mmmm..

tvsankar
18th February 2010, 12:25 AM
http://neydhal.blogspot.com/2010/02/blog-post_17.html

app,
ipo parunga.. idhuku enna solveenga.....

app_engine
18th February 2010, 12:54 AM

app,

Much better :-)

Though there's still serious problem with his understanding of IR's guitar usage (the comment on bass guitar being the dumbest or possibly he had a music equipment that totally attenuated those frequencies), that he has acknowledged his error in the original post is a great gesture!

In any case, I won't bother anymore - no more feedbacks on that blog on this matter :-)

Sureshs65
18th February 2010, 01:02 AM
vinatha.

Vinatha,

I am afraid that this is another standard trick that everyone uses nowadays to escape scrutiny. Say that everyone is 'inspired' and show one or two examples and then paint everyone with the same brush. Even Madanmohan was accused of taking one song of Sajjad Hussain and modifying it a bit and there is a story of Sajjad Hussain accosting him regarding this. Now, if you go by the current thinking, someone will accuse Madanmohan of being a plagarist!!! Will anyone in their right mind accept that?

We need to understand that the earlier inspirations / copies were very limited and you can easily make them out, unlike the copies of today that come from various sources, copies that last only for a brief while, copies that get speeded up or slowed down in order to hide their origin. I personally feel there is a major difference and the current music directors cannot get away by saying 'everyone is inspired'.

kr
18th February 2010, 01:05 AM
This guy should listen to:

Thithikum (Kali)
Sinorita (Johnny)
Ennadi Meenakshi (Ilamai Oonjaludigiradhu)
Endrendum (Kadal Meengal)
Solla Solla (Ellam Enba Mayam)
Annai Oru Alayam songs
Ram Lakshma songs

for elctric guitar usage (that too in late 70s and 80s)

Stupid article....

Bala (Karthik)
18th February 2010, 02:09 AM

app,

Though there's still serious problem with his understanding of IR's guitar usage (the comment on bass guitar being the dumbest or possibly he had a music equipment that totally attenuated those frequencies), that he has acknowledged his error in the original post is a great gesture!

In any case, I won't bother anymore - no more feedbacks on that blog on this matter :-)
Actually,
The explanation/apology is worse than the original crime! :lol:
Anyway, had left harsh comments but downgraded it subsequently :)

app_engine
18th February 2010, 02:30 AM
B(K),
Your comments seem to have a strong effect:-)

The blogger seems to be on a repentent mode and says he'll remove both his postings in a day after people understand his intentions :-)

jaiganes
18th February 2010, 02:31 AM

app,

Actually,
The explanation/apology is worse than the original crime! :lol:
Anyway, had left harsh comments but downgraded it subsequently :)

harsh comments are not gonna matter.
Education is the problem and the culture of opining without listening and reaction to criticisms of opinions by saying 'IR veriyargal araajagam' is all hallmark charuism (I mean the time has come to consult a psychiatrist, I say). This virus is fast spreading around the thamizh web circles. I have left a rather soft congratulation on the honesty to apologize and a few recommendation to Raaja's elec guitar pieces most of which KR has mentioned here.
however this is one more popular myth about raaja to which even the knowledgible knowingly fall prey to.
I too have been a big fan of bands like Offspring and Greenday in the early days of MTV in Doordarshan in the 90s. however would I like to identify with that music at a signature level like some kid in Bangalore or Bombay does - I would say nah.. So Raja never had the opportunity or the need (just imagine Ramarajan milking a cow to an electric guitar riff - Our people will think that the cow is having fits) to use the Guitar as fervently as a SEL or Amit rivedi does now. Our people too have been ready to hear hard core rock guitar hard core only now. Earliest Rahman usage too was with May Madham in Palakaattu machanukku and the usage was s tempered and watered down - HArris used it in the background score in minnale - again tempered . So idhai vechu inge edho puratchi nadakkudhungaradhellam rombave over. director kekkanum enakku vetti izhukkara madhiri oru paattu venum saarnu - appa raasavum pottu kuduthuruppaaru -
In that situation, in a tea stall somewhere in rural TN
<Vetti izhukkum rock music plays>
Owner: ndhaadaa andha radio en vetti izhukkudhunnu paaru? Speakerlendhu kora korannu satham varudhu, customerngallaam bayandhuda poranga
Assistant: Adhonnumilleenga, paatte appidi thaan
Owner: Paattaada idhu baagawadhar kaalathula...
Assistant: Aarambikkaadheenga naan stationaye maathidaren..

app_engine
18th February 2010, 02:39 AM
jaiganesh,

Actually IR used 'vetti izhukkuRa' sounds on and off - 'pOttu vaiththa kAdhal thittam OK kaNmaNi' - both the song & video were kind of MTV stuff :-)

app_engine
18th February 2010, 02:49 AM
B(K),
Your comments seem to have a strong effect:-)

The blogger seems to be on a repentent mode and says he'll remove both his postings in a day after people understand his intentions :-)

He has removed both postings and published a regret!

Thus he has set a nice example for the likes of Shaji :-)

jaiganes
18th February 2010, 02:57 AM
jaiganesh,

Actually IR used 'vetti izhukkuRa' sounds on and off - 'pOttu vaiththa kAdhal thittam OK kaNmaNi' - both the song & video were kind of MTV stuff :-)
Kushboo red colour dressla ootyla cyclela ponaangale paakalaam, appave oru phobia andha paatai paathu.
Oru trackla nippanga paarunga - yaenda train innum varalennu thonum.

baroque
18th February 2010, 03:28 AM
the current music directors cannot get away by saying 'everyone is inspired'.

Nobody is giving or saying it as an excuse, Suresh.
I don't think the current music composers are saying it.
(I never heard, I follow very little press meet, interviews etc.. anyway.)
Whether done it limited or unlimited.. then or now, for some music lovers it's all the same.
seri... Let me go and enjoy the nice, sunny day. :redjump:
Vinatha. :)

irir123
18th February 2010, 03:37 AM
app_engine - the criticism of IR's music comes only from bloggers and the media/press - I am yet to hear a composer saying anything negative about IR - unless of course, someone is using their proxy in the press/media to voice opinions! which i sincerely doubt - so such criticisms coupled with a little bit of persecution complex on IR fans' side is what is creating the heat!

jaiganes
18th February 2010, 03:52 AM
app_engine - the criticism of IR's music comes only from bloggers and the media/press - I am yet to hear a composer saying anything negative about IR - unless of course, someone is using their proxy in the press/media to voice opinions! which i sincerely doubt - so such criticisms coupled with a little bit of persecution complex on IR fans' side is what is creating the heat!

aachuppa.
Raja bakthargal
Raja veriyargal
Raja visuvasigal
ippo Persecution Complex patients.

mudinjudhu namma kadhai...

My only reason of worry is that the google search of 'Ilaiyaraaja' will now bring in all these kuppais along with vicky's blog and that would be a gross injustice . wont it be madhan?

irir123
18th February 2010, 04:19 AM
Jaiganes - I learnt way back in 1993/1994 to avoid deliberate attempts to put down IR by my some of my friends (in chennai), and even some of my relatives! indha Chaaru, Gaaru, Baaru et al wont bother me in anyway! therfore i have learnt (the hard way) to ignore such home-grown/bred mosquitoes, in search of their 'malaria' pidhatral hosts!

i say 'persecution complex' coz of the way we react - there is no need to take it all personally - we ought to be confident enough of our convictions abt IR's music so as not to get bothered by cretins writing on blogs

even if someone does search for IR and comes across such 'kuppais', am sure they would learn to ignore, coz there are equally insane kuppai blogs for other composers in the west! though, in general i must admit that ppl in the west respect art and artistes much better than we do!

the best thing to do is to ignore such lame ducks and their damp squibs and get on with life! and if possible, do something constructive for IR's music!

btw, as a 'kulu kulu' item, here is something for you! : perhaps, in less than a week, I will share one important breaking news regarding PAA and PAZHASSI RAAJA in the appropriate thread(s)! besides, there is at least one more big thing which if it happens, will break new grounds - am keeping it all under wraps and will share it when my efforts bear fruit

jaiganes
18th February 2010, 04:27 AM
Jaiganes - I learnt way back in 1993/1994 to avoid deliberate attempts to put down IR by my some of my friends (in chennai), and even some of my relatives! indha Chaaru, Gaaru, Baaru et al wont bother me in anyway! therfore i have learnt (the hard way) to ignore such home-grown/bred mosquitoes, in search of their 'malaria' pidhatral hosts!

i say 'persecution complex' coz of the way we react - there is no need to take it all personally - we ought to be confident enough of our convictions abt IR's music so as not to get bothered by cretins writing on blogs

even if someone does search for IR and comes across such 'kuppais', am sure they would learn to ignore, coz there are equally insane kuppai blogs for other composers in the west! though, in general i must admit that ppl in the west respect art and artistes much better than we do!

the best thing to do is to ignore such lame ducks and their damp squibs and get on with life! and if possible, do something constructive for IR's music!

btw, as a 'kulu kulu' item, here is something for you! : perhaps, in less than a week, I will share one important breaking news regarding PAA and PAZHASSI RAAJA in the appropriate thread(s)! besides, there is at least one more big thing which if it happens, will break new grounds - am keeping it all under wraps and will share it when my efforts bear fruit

ongalathaane nambanum. vera yaaru irukkaa?

irir123
18th February 2010, 04:55 AM
jaiganes- pls check ur PM

Bala (Karthik)
18th February 2010, 05:05 AM

Right dhaan. The juvenile fanboy in the self is hard to suppress, repress and depress though (Sethu la Chiyaan solra maadhiri "manasu valikkidhu") :oops: :lol:

Bala (Karthik)
18th February 2010, 05:06 AM

:lol: :exactly: Idhukku thaan oorula padichavan venumgaradhu :razz:

jaiganes
18th February 2010, 05:16 AM

:lol: Idhukku thaan oorula padichavan venumgaradhu :razz:[/quote]
enna oi - bus service frequency kammi aaiduthu?
enge poi irundheer?
umma thread (adhaan palaana thread) sila pala paatu potrukkom paarum oi,

app_engine
18th February 2010, 09:37 AM
irir123,
I have a number of things greater than IR in my life (out of scope for the hub) and some of them are the most maligned in the web / media :-) Personally, I never care for web / media opinions on anything and never care to write to the "persecutors" etc.

You may ask, then why search around insignificant bloggers and comment / fight / post on something not life-shattering as cinema music etc.

oru sumaal 'kick' (i.e.when some diversion is needed during work or other serious activity), ambuttu thEn:-)

Plum
18th February 2010, 01:07 PM
[tscii:82ab2fef13]ok, today's fun link :

http://pinnaveenathuvam.wordpress.com/2010/02/17/%E0%AE%9A%E0%AE%BE%E0%AE%B0%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%B5%E0%A F%8B%E0%AE%9F%E0%AF%81-%E0%AE%92%E0%AE%B0%E0%AF%81-%E0%AE%A8%E0%AF%87%E0%AE%B0%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%95%E0%A E%BE%E0%AE%A3%E0%AE%B2%E0%AF%8D/

தீராநதி: இளையராஜாவின் இசையை விமர்சித்து கோணல்பக்கத்தில் ஒரு கட்டுரை எழுதி இருக்கிறீர்கள் ?’ உங்களின் இசை ரசனை பற்றி விளக்கமுடியுமா ?

சாரு: ‘ ஆல் இண்டியா ரேடியோவின் சங்கீத் ’ சம்மேளன் மூலமாக ரவிசங்கரின் இசைக் கச்சேரிகளைக் கேட்க ஆரம்பித்ததிலிருந்து என் இசைத் தேடல் தொடங்கிவிட்டது. அதற்கு முன்னாலேயே எங்கள் ஊர் பள்ளி வாசல்களில் கேட்கும் ‘ நகரா ’ இசை மூலம் என் இசை ரசனையைப் பெருக்கிக் கொண்டேன். இன்னும் சொல்லப்போனால் , இலக்கியத்தைவிட எனக்கு இசையின் மேலும் சினிமாவின் மேலும்தான் ஆர்வம் அதிகம். சினிமா சம்பந்தமாக நான் நிறைய எழுதி இருப்பதால் அச்சந்தேகம் யாருக்கும் எழவில்லை. இசை பற்றி நான் அதிகம் எழுதாதது கூட அதற்கு ஒரு காரணமாக இருந்திருக்கலாம். 25 வருடங்களுக்கு முன்னால் ‘ மீட்சி ’ இதழில் ‘ சிலப்பதிகாரத்து இசை நுணுக்க விளக்கம் ’ என்ற எஸ்.ராமநாதன் எழுதிய புத்தகத்தை அடிப்படையாக வைத்து கர்நாடக இசைக்கும் , நாட்டுப்புற இசைக்கும் உள்ள இணைத்தன்மைகள் பற்றி ஒரு ஒப்பீட்டுக் கட்டுரை எழுதி இருக்கிறேன். ‘ ஷங்கர்லால் இசைவிழா ’ என்று கணையாழியில் ஒரு கதை எழுதி இருக்கிறேன். அதைப் பாராட்டி அப்போது அசோகமித்திரன் கூட ஒரு கடிதம் போட்டார். நான் டில்லியில் இருந்தபோது பல இசைக் கலைஞர்களின் கச்சேரியை நேரடியாகக் கேட்டிருக்கிறேன்.

தமிழ்நாட்டில் இருப்பவர்களுக்கு இசை என்றால் அவர்களின் வரம்பிற்குள் கர்நாடக இசையும் இந்துஸ்தானியும்தான் இருக்கிறது. இசை என்பது உலகம் பூராகவும் இருக்கின்ற ஒன்று. இவற்றையெல்லாம் இசையென்று நீங்கள் ஏற்றுக்கொள்ள வேண்டும். உங்களுடைய செவியும் அறிவும் உணர்வும் ஏற்றுக்கொள்ள வேண்டும். அந்த ரசனை இல்லாதவர்களெல்லாம் இசை ரசனையே இல்லாதவர்கள் என்றுதான் சொல்வேன்.

இளையராஜாவை விட யுவன் ஷங்கர்ராஜா பல மடங்கு இசை ரசனையுள்ளவர். ‘ புதுப்பேட்டை ’ யில் அவர் கொடுத்திருக்கும் இசை பெரிய சிம்பொனி மாதிரி இருக்கிறது. மேற்கத்திய இசையில் ரொம்பவும் ஆழமான ரசனை உள்ளவனால் மட்டுமே இதைச் செய்ய முடியும். அதே போல ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் ‘ குரு ’ படத்திற்குப் போட்டிருப்பதும் உயர்தரமான இசை என்று சொல்ல முடியும். நான் எழுதிய இசைக் கட்டுரைகள் ‘ கலகம் காதல் இசை ’ என்று தொகுக்கப்பட்டு சமீபத்தில் ஒரு புத்தகமாக வந்திருக்கிறது. இதுதான் எனக்கும் இசைக்கும் உள்ள உறவை வெளிப்படுத்தும் சான்று. இளையராஜா பற்றி இன்னும் சொல்ல வேண்டும் என்றால் அவருக்கும் மேலாகச் சென்று இசையில் சாதனை செய்தவர்கள் சுமாராக பதினைந்து பேரையும் மறந்துவிட்டு , மறுத்துவிட்டு இவர் இருப்பது நன்றி கெட்டதனம். ஒருவன் தன்னை இசைஞானி என்று கூப்பிட்டால் , எனக்கு முன்னால் பதினைந்து ஞானிகள் இருந்திருக்கிறார்கள் என்று தன்னடக்கத்துடன் அவர் சொல்லியிருக்க வேண்டும்.

இளையராஜா கொடுக்கின்ற பேட்டிகளில் எல்லாம் தனக்குத் தெரியாத விஷயங்களில் மூக்கை நுழைத்து உளறிக் கொண்டிருக்கிறார். அதனால்தான் நான் அவரை விமர்சிக்க வேண்டி இருக்கிறது. ‘ பாப் மார்லி ’ யை குப்பை என்கிறார். கத்தாரை குப்பை என்கிறார். ஆந்திராவில் சென்று கத்தாரை குப்பையென்று சொல்லிப் பாருங்கள். அப்புறம் என்ன நடக்கிறதென்று பார்ப்போம்.

தீராநதி: யுவன் ஷங்கர் ராஜாவின் இசை குறித்து பேசியதால் கேட்கிறேன். இளையராஜாவின் இசையைக் கேட்கும்போது அதில் ஒரு மன அமைதியின்மை நிலவுகிறது. அதே யுவன் ஷங்கர்ராஜாவின் இசையைக் கேட்டால் ஒரு விளிம்பு நிலை கலாச்சாரத் தன்மையுடன் கூடிய ஒரு கொண்டாட்டம் பீறிடுகிறது. இது சரியான ஒப்பீடா ?

சாரு: யுவனைப் பொறுத்த அளவில் நீங்கள் சொல்வதை நானும் உணர்ந்திருக்கிறேன். ஆனால் , இளையராஜாவின் இசையில் நீங்கள் சொல்வது போன்ற ஒரு குணாம்சம் இருப்பதாக எனக்குத் தெரியவில்லை. அதை நான் உணர்ந்திருந்தால் அவரைக் கொண்டாடி இருப்பேன். எனக்கு அவரிடம் அப்படி ஒரு குணாம்சமே இருப்பதாகத் தோன்றவில்லை. ஒருவேளை அதற்குக் காரணம் _ என் எரிச்சல் சார்ந்ததாகக்கூட இருக்கலாம். அவர் செய்கின்ற பல ‘ லந்து ’ களால் என் புலனுணர்வுக்கு அது எட்டாமலேகூட போய் இருக்கலாம். ஒருவேளை உங்களுடைய அனுமானம் சரியாக இருந்தால் , அதற்கு அவரின் ஆன்மிகத் தேடல் ஒரு காரணமாக இருக்கலாம். ஆன்மிகத் தேடல் இருந்தாலே அது ஒருவித அமைதியையும் , அமைதியின்மையையும் ஒருங்கே ஏற்படுத்திவிடும்.

(bolding and italicizing mine)

Looks like the kumudam group gets appropriate nut cases as reporters for theerAnadhi, as they end up interviewing suchlike ones all the time :-)

[/tscii:82ab2fef13]

krishnavENi pATTi: enna oLarrAn ivan?

tvsankar
18th February 2010, 01:23 PM
plum,
Chaaru madhiri - Writers ku enna idea.....

Ezhuthin moolam keduthalai Nyaya paduthum Ivar

Kudumba vaazhkai eppadi vaazhgirar.... idhu dhan en kelvi..

Ivar oru - Nal Vaazhkai vaazhndhu kondu

Ezhuthin moolam - public ai spoil seiyum ivarai
pondarvargaluku than - PUnishment kodukanam...

tvsankar
18th February 2010, 01:25 PM
Drink kadai vechavan - Avan kudika maatan.
Steady aga irupan.

Adhu avanadhu thozhil...

Kudipavargaluku than Bhudhi vendum.........

spoil aga vendam endru..

Adhai pola, Indha Chaaru writings ai padikum
podhu makkal purindhu kondu,

thangalai Nasam seidhu kollamal iruka katru kolla vendum....

jaiganes
18th February 2010, 10:04 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_r-i_Uc1D4II/Sqy-yBTpYoI/AAAAAAAAA-8/86d96IYHPms/s320/25.jpg

nice image..

Sureshs65
18th February 2010, 10:27 PM
Doesn't he look very much how Karthik Raja looks now? Nice image really with shirt tucked in and all :)

genesis
19th February 2010, 06:51 AM
oru sumaal 'kick' (i.e.when some diversion is needed during work or other serious activity), ambuttu thEn:-)

அடுத்தவங்கள கிக் பண்ணாதவரைக்கும் சரி தான். :D

tvsankar
19th February 2010, 11:24 AM
genesis,
ungalai purinjuka mudiyalai.

IR supporter aga irundhal - inga irupadhil,
solvadhil

UNMAI yai parka thodrum.

appodhu - Muranpadu thonadhu.

Neengal oru IR supporter illai endral,

ingae parkum ellamum, ellarum

Thavaraga thanodrum....

Ungalai kurai solvadhu en ennam ilai.

Aanal,
ingae irukavum mudiyamal, nagaravum mudiyamal kashta paduvadhu pola thonudhae...

kameshratnam
19th February 2010, 12:12 PM
genesis,
ungalai purinjuka mudiyalai.

IR supporter aga irundhal - inga irupadhil,
solvadhil

UNMAI yai parka thodrum.

appodhu - Muranpadu thonadhu.

Neengal oru IR supporter illai endral,

ingae parkum ellamum, ellarum

Thavaraga thanodrum....

Ungalai kurai solvadhu en ennam ilai.

Aanal,
ingae irukavum mudiyamal, nagaravum mudiyamal kashta paduvadhu pola thonudhae...

T V sankar: I beg ur pardon..It would be great if u can type in tamil or english....

tvsankar
19th February 2010, 12:26 PM
kameshratnam,
am not T.V.Sankar.
am Usha Sankar.

Pl call me as Usha. no prob.

தமிழில் டைப் செய்ய கஷ்டமா இருக்கே.....

.எனக்கு இங்லிஷ் நல்லா தெரியாது.

அதனால தான் இந்த தங்லிஷ்

மன்னிக்கவும்..... முயற்சி செய்கிறேன்.....

Sureshs65
19th February 2010, 03:31 PM
Usha,

As Kamesh says, you should write in Tamil. Your expression that way will be much more effective. I am sure learning to type in Tamil is not going to be a major deal. I guess people like app_eng who have mastered this will be more than willing to help.

app_engine
19th February 2010, 07:59 PM
I guess people like app_eng who have mastered this

இது ராக்கெட் அறிவியல் இல்லையே:-)

போஸ்ட் பண்ணும் போது கீழே இருக்கும் ""Tamil TypePad"" லிங்க்கை சொடுக்கினால் ஒரு தனி சாளரம் தோன்றும். அதுக்குள்ள போயி உஷா அக்கா இப்ப டைப் பண்ணுறதையே பண்ணா முடிஞ்சுது :-)

கவனிக்க வேண்டிய ஒரு சில விஷயங்கள் :

ந் = w
ஃ = q
ங் = ng
ஞ் = nj
ழ் = z
ள் = L (upper case)
ண் = N (upper case)
ற் = R (upper case)

உயிரெழுத்து ஒலிகளில் குறிலுக்கு lower case நெடிலுக்கு upper case (உ-ம் : அ = a ஆ = A)

app_engine
19th February 2010, 08:05 PM
I found google indic transliterate quite handy too (for sites other than the hub and on some other specific conditions like other language fonts e.g. Malayalam / Hindi).

Also, it has some intelligence built-in which guesses the words even when we mistype on occasions / allow us to choose from a few phonetic combinations etc.

tvsankar
19th February 2010, 09:55 PM
சுரெஷ், அப்ப்,
உங்க்ளுடைய கருத்துக்களுக்கு மிக்க ந்ன்றி.

தமிழில் தவறு இல்லாமல் அடிக்க வேண்டும் என்ற பொர்றுபுபு மேலோங்குவதால்,

நான் சொல்ல வ்ந்ததை முழுமையாக சொலல முடியவில்லையே....

app_engine
19th February 2010, 09:57 PM
சுரெஷ், அப்ப்,
உங்க்ளுடைய கருத்துக்களுக்கு மிக்க ந்ன்றி.

தமிழில் தவறு இல்லாமல் அடிக்க வேண்டும் என்ற பொர்றுபுபு மேலோங்குவதால்,

நான் சொல்ல வ்ந்ததை முழுமையாக சொலல முடியவில்லையே....

பழகப்பழகப்பிழைகள் நீங்கும்.

அருமையாகத்தொடங்கி விட்டீர்கள், தொடருங்கள்!

வாழ்த்துகள்:-)

K
20th February 2010, 08:40 PM
http://raviaditya.blogspot.com/2010/01/blog-post_15.html

http://raviaditya.blogspot.com/2010/02/king-of-beats.html

Sureshs65
20th February 2010, 08:55 PM
K,

Thanks for the link.

So many good blogs and so little time :( And lot of great stuff as well. Vicky, Raj, Ravi Natrajan, Radiospathy and now this person. As they say in the movies, 'kalkungapa'.

K
21st February 2010, 09:38 PM
[tscii:834dd6762b]http://www.envazhi.com/?p=16331
நான் கர்வம் பிடித்தவனா? – இசைஞானி[/tscii:834dd6762b]

eagle
22nd February 2010, 05:53 PM
சென்னைக்கு வந்து என்ன செய்வது எங்கே தங்குவது என்று தெரியாமல் அலைந்த நாளில் ஒருஇரவு போக்கிடம் இன்றி அசோக்பில்லர் அருகே உள்ள பிளாட்பாரத்தில் உட்கார்ந்திருந்தேன். மழை பெய்து வெறித்தஇரவு. சாலைவாசிகளில் ஒருவரது ரேடியோவில் இருந்து நிழல்கள் படத்தில் வரும் தூரத்தில் நான் கண்ட உன்முகம் பாடலை கேட்டதும் தண்ணீரில் விழுந்த காகிதம் போல மனது ஈரமேறி போனது. அந்த பெண்குரல் என்றென்றைக்குமான பிரிவின் வலியை நினைவுபடுத்தி ஒரு சுடர் போல அசைந்து கொண்டிருந்தது.

அந்த இரவில் பிரிவின் முழுவேதனையை உடலெங்கும் நிரப்பி கொண்டேன். அது ஒரே நேரத்தில் வலி தந்ததோடு சொல்ல முடியாத ஆறுதல் தருவதாகவும் இருந்தது. இன்றைக்கும் அந்த பாடலை கேட்கையில் மனது நடுக்கம் கொள்ளவே செய்கிறது. இளையராஜாவின் துணையை சொல்லால் விளக்க முடியாதது. அது நோயாற்றுவது போல எதையோ செய்கிறது.

http://www.sramakrishnan.com/

jaiganes
22nd February 2010, 06:36 PM
சென்னைக்கு வந்து என்ன செய்வது எங்கே தங்குவது என்று தெரியாமல் அலைந்த நாளில் ஒருஇரவு போக்கிடம் இன்றி அசோக்பில்லர் அருகே உள்ள பிளாட்பாரத்தில் உட்கார்ந்திருந்தேன். மழை பெய்து வெறித்தஇரவு. சாலைவாசிகளில் ஒருவரது ரேடியோவில் இருந்து நிழல்கள் படத்தில் வரும் தூரத்தில் நான் கண்ட உன்முகம் பாடலை கேட்டதும் தண்ணீரில் விழுந்த காகிதம் போல மனது ஈரமேறி போனது. அந்த பெண்குரல் என்றென்றைக்குமான பிரிவின் வலியை நினைவுபடுத்தி ஒரு சுடர் போல அசைந்து கொண்டிருந்தது.

அந்த இரவில் பிரிவின் முழுவேதனையை உடலெங்கும் நிரப்பி கொண்டேன். அது ஒரே நேரத்தில் வலி தந்ததோடு சொல்ல முடியாத ஆறுதல் தருவதாகவும் இருந்தது. இன்றைக்கும் அந்த பாடலை கேட்கையில் மனது நடுக்கம் கொள்ளவே செய்கிறது. இளையராஜாவின் துணையை சொல்லால் விளக்க முடியாதது. அது நோயாற்றுவது போல எதையோ செய்கிறது.

http://www.sramakrishnan.com/

மிகவும் உண்மை.
நான் என் வாழ்வின் சோகமான அல்லது பிரிவு நிறைந்த தருணங்களில் பயன்படுத்தும் ஒரே மருந்து ராஜாவின் இசை மட்டுமே. பலருக்கும் அவ்வாறே எனும் போது இயல்பான பெருமிதம் மனதில் குடி கொள்கிறது.

app_engine
22nd February 2010, 08:13 PM
பாடல்கள் பிறந்த கதைகளை கவிஞர்கள் எழுதியிருக்கிறார்கள். பாடல்கள் கேட்ட கதையை ரசிகர்கள் எவரும் எழுதியதாக நினைவில் இல்லை. ஒவ்வொருவரும் அவரவருக்கு விருப்பமான பாடலையும் அதன் பின்உள்ள நினைவையும் எழுத துவங்கினால் அது எல்லா புனைகதைகளை விடவும் மிக சுவாரஸ்யமாக இருக்ககூடும்.

இவரை நமது ஹப் பக்கம் வந்து பார்க்கச்சொல்லுங்கப்பா:-)

Sureshs65
22nd February 2010, 11:15 PM
A nice article by Ravi Natarajan in Tamil introducing the modern technology in a simple fashion. Check out:

http://solvanam.com/?p=5490

Ravi is the one who also has 'Raja, The Genius' blogspot.

appushiva
23rd February 2010, 10:33 AM
:D STRESS RELEIVER

Tired of speaking about Saji and Saru, Lets relax , Here the song from prem kahani, the Maestro given a different treat with blasting drums and synth effect. And the cinematographer done a hardwork by shooting different frames , angles and it should be appreciable.

The celebration of guys for being one him got a sweet lover, and they say to him that they will take care for the cost for marriage , support, etc...

I enjoyed this song very much the whole of the album from this movie in this dry season (No IR new songs)

Cheer up............take an extra bass head set and watch the link below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHSpqVaud80&feature=related

irir123
23rd February 2010, 07:38 PM
[tscii:29eb492ed9]Breaking news! "All About Jazz" publishes review of Maestro.Ilaiyaraaja's music for PAA and KERALAVERMA PAZHASSI RAAJA....

Renowned jazz music critic/columnist Chris Slawecki reviews/critiques Maestro.Ilaiyaraaja's recent best-selling album "PAA" for Allaboutjazz.com, the web's premier resource for jazz music.

http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/article.php?id=35635&pg=4

Snippets:

'the bright and colorful "Mudhi Mudhi Ittefaq Se," the sound of internationally-contemporary jazz—jazz that sounds at home in any nation—painted in colorful strokes behind a female vocalist who chases its light melody the way that a kitten chases a kite tail'

Enjoy!!

PS: since Chris Slawecki is essentially a jazz music critic, it would be unfair to expect him to write about the nuances of Indian classical music elements used by IR in either of these albums - plus, the slot(s) given for reviews of albums is/are limited - so, pls bear in mind, these factors while reading the reviews[/tscii:29eb492ed9]

MADDY
25th February 2010, 02:31 AM
irir123 - u r truly a fan in every sense of the word :thumbsup: ......please keep continuing even if u hit roadblocks......... :)

app_engine
25th February 2010, 03:03 AM
Madan - u r truly a fan in every sense of the word

நீங்களும் அப்படித்தானே? ரஹ்மானுக்காக சிம்பு படத்தைக்கூட கழுத்தில் மாட்டி இருக்கீங்களே? :-) j/k :-)

MADDY
25th February 2010, 03:04 AM
irir123 - u r truly a fan in every sense of the word

நீங்களும் அப்படித்தானே? ரஹ்மானுக்காக சிம்பு படத்தைக்கூட கழுத்தில் மாட்டி இருக்கீங்களே? :-) j/k :-)

app_engine
25th February 2010, 03:27 AM
Can't say whether this is a financially good news or not to IR :
http://www.expressbuzz.com/entertainment/Entertainstory.aspx?Title=Kamal%20Haasan%20in%20ta mil%20%E2%80%98Paa%E2%80%99?&artid=XAOWmXdAlmo=&SectionID=tHzSeri%7CWGs=&MainSectionID=tHzSeri%7CWGs=&SEO=Neeraj+Pandey,+Kamal+Haasan,+Ilayaraja,+P+C+Sr iram&SectionName=KeHdpZ5AfB0=

However, definitely good news for TFM lovers as they'll get mudhi mudhi & hichki hichki Thamizh versions plus some new numbers (hopefully gumsumgum, hulkE sE bOlE & mEri jAn will get new melodies).

app_engine
25th February 2010, 03:33 AM
Possibly with the "அன்றும் இன்றும் என்றும்" for Jaya TV, IR has repaired any damages with JJ (while he is generally cordial with all other political parties).

Still this news is an eye-catcher (coming from a DMK newspaper) :
http://www.dinakaran.com/arasialdetail.aspx?id=6250

app_engine
25th February 2010, 03:45 AM
P_R,
இந்த 'ப்ளாக்'இல் கருத்து எழுதி இருக்கும் தமிழ் "டக்கால்டி" நீங்களா? இல்லை நீங்க ஆங்கிலத்தில் மட்டும் தான் "dakalti"யா? :)

http://writervisa.blogspot.com/2010/02/blog-post_22.html