PDA

View Full Version : MAESTRO ILAIYARAAJA NEWS & TITBITS VER.2010

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

tvsankar
24th June 2010, 11:39 PM
Muthulingam

IVAR - Last Yahoo group ku guest a vandhar.

Oru Tamizh Kavinyar a - IR ai pathi Describe pannuvar.

Ivarai - IR ai pathi solla solli - Thaniya

oru interview edukanam.....

Nanum ipo dhan Jaya TV parthu vittu vandhen.

tvsankar
25th June 2010, 12:00 AM
கவிஞர் முத்துல்ங்கம், இளையராஜாவைப் பற்றிச் சொல்லும் போது,

ஒரு திருக்குறள் பற்றி ராஜாவின் விளக்கம் என்று சொல்லி, சொன்னார்.

எந் நன்றி கொன்றார்க்கும் உய்வுண்டாம்
உய்வில்லை செய்நன்றி கொன்ற மகர்க்கு.

இதற்கு, அனைவரும் சொல்லும் பொருள்

எந்த நன்றியை மறந்த மனிதர்க்கும் உய்வு = வாழ்வு உண்டு.
ஆனால், செய்த ந்ன்றியை மறந்த மனிதர்க்கு வாழ்வு இல்லை.

ராஜா சொன்ன விளக்கம்

நன்றியில் - ஏது நன்றி, செய்நன்றி

எல்லாம் ஒரே நன்றி தான்.அப்போது,
இந்தக் குறளுக்கு பொருள் என்னவென்றால்,

எந்த நன்றியைக் கொன்றவர்க்கும் வாழ்வு உண்டு. ஆனால்,

செய்நன்றி - நம் அம்மா அப்பா நம்மை இந்த உலகில், சிறப்பாக வாழ்வதற்காக - நமக்கு செய்த செயலை - நன்றியை
மறந்த பிள்ளைகளூக்கு - மக்ர்க்கு - வாழ்வு இல்லை என்பது தான் பொருள்.

tvsankar
25th June 2010, 12:03 AM
appada... thamizh la ezhudhi achu.

idhai solli, Raaja vin tamizh pulamai - kavinyar ipadi sirapu vayndhadhu enrar.

app_engine
25th June 2010, 01:12 AM
Usha chEchi,

Raja wrote this explanation in vikatan, when there was a feature on him long back.

I remember posting about it in the forum.

Quite an interesting take, with focus on 'makaRku' while ridiculing the "nanRi v/s sei nanRi" that they always taught at school.

In any case, this is one aspect where IR was possibly grateful to his mother and similar nanRi is shown to him by his children. That NBW concert is a nice example :-)

raj_musing
26th June 2010, 01:54 PM
As usual the judges have full of admiration for Raja sir

June 15th
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T05GwpG9Yo4&NR=1

June 16th
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE6PdeZ_WW4&feature=related

Sureshs65
26th June 2010, 02:50 PM
raj_musing,

Thanks for the links. As of now the Malayalam Star/Super/Duper singing competitions are the only once watchable. Though there is some drama sometimes, overall the contest is good both due to the singing/orchestra as well as the uncompromising judgement. You can see how minutely Chitra and Sarath judge. This is in total contrast to the Junior Singer or whatever they had on Vijay TV. Anything and everything was applauded by the judges. Judges standing and clapping, going and hugging participants and even praising people who have slipped in multiple places made that program a big joke.

raj_musing
26th June 2010, 10:35 PM
Suresh,

Star singer is ahead in terms of judgement,but there are a lot of controversies currently with respect to these Elimination rounds and "behind the screen" activities. The veracity of SMS votes and drama behind this is still questioned by many here.But as you said,this is way better than the other shows...
Star singer 2009 which started in April 2009 is now in July 2010! Toooo much isn't it?? :) :)

njv
26th June 2010, 11:36 PM
raj_musing,

Thanks for the links. As of now the Malayalam Star/Super/Duper singing competitions are the only once watchable. Though there is some drama sometimes, overall the contest is good both due to the singing/orchestra as well as the uncompromising judgement. You can see how minutely Chitra and Sarath judge. This is in total contrast to the Junior Singer or whatever they had on Vijay TV. Anything and everything was applauded by the judges. Judges standing and clapping, going and hugging participants and even praising people who have slipped in multiple places made that program a big joke.

This is part of encouragement and I dont see anything wrong with that when I compare these kids to Jaya TV Hariyudan Naan. OMG... these are guys/girls in early 20s and the kinda excuse they give shock me..Except 2 to 3 people, rest of them dont deserve TV time. More than that, they dont deserve to stand in front of Hariharan.

Sureshs65
27th June 2010, 01:48 PM
/Digression

njv,

I don't watch 'Hariyudan Naan' so cannot comment but I don't think praising someone who doesn't sing in tune or doesn't do justice to the song is encouragement. A total opposite is what Sujatha and Venugopal do in the Junior Singer in Asianet. They encourage but very clearly point out where the mistakes are. That is the way to go.

app_engine
28th June 2010, 06:51 PM
Sureshji,

I was visiting a relative and watched 'Hariyudan nAn' episode on Jaya TV. (Saw the singers struggling after choosing difficult songs such as 'kAdhal kavidhaikaL padiththidum nEram' and 'kalyANaththEn nilA').

It wasn't just Hariharan but also Sarath & James Vasanthan sitting on the panel. I didn't see them "over-encouraging" at all. Quality of singing was decent and the judges didn't hesitate to pick on the singers (Sarath with his sarcastic jokes etc).

It was quite enjoyable :-)

app_engine
30th June 2010, 11:00 PM
"இசை விமர்சகர்" என்று சொல்லிக்கொண்டு திரியும் ஷாஜியின் இன்னுமொரு உளறல் :

ஒருகட்டத்தில் மலையாளத்தில் வெவ்வேறு தனித்தன்மைகளும் இசை மனநிலைகளும் கொண்ட 25 இசையமைப்பாளர்கள் இயங்கிக் கொண்டிருந்தார்கள். முற்றிலும் வடகேரள நாட்டுப்புற இசையில் ஊன்றிய கெ.ராகவனின் பாடல்கள் முதல் தமிழ்நாட்டுக்காரரான இளையராஜாவின் இசை வரை மலையாள திரையிசையானது பரவிக்கிடந்தது. இதனால் பலவகையான பாடல்களும் இசையமைப்புமுறைகளும் மலையாளத்தில் நிகழ்ந்தன. அத்துடன் இன்னிசைமெட்டுகள் மேல் மலையாளிக்கு இருந்த மோகம் காரணமாகவும் அங்கே ஏராளமான நல்ல பாடல்கள் உருவாயின.

நேர்மாறாக தமிழில் எப்போதும், ஒருகட்டத்தில் ஒர் இசையமைப்பாளரே முதன்மை கொண்டவராக இருந்தார். அவரது பாணியை ஒட்டியே அன்றிருந்த பிறரும் இசையமைத்தார்கள். ஜி.ராமநாதன், எம்.எஸ்.விஸ்வநாதன், இளையராஜா, ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் என தமிழ்த்திரையிசையின் காலகட்டங்கள் பெரும் இசையமைப்பாளர்களினால் அடையாளப்படுத்தப்படுபவை. இவர்களின் சாதனைகள் என்னவாக இருந்தாலும் இந்த இயல்பின் விளைவாக தமிழ்திரையிசையில் பன்மைத்தன்மை மலையாளத்தை விட மிகக்குறைவாகவே காணக்கிடைக்கிறது.

'இதை ஏன் இங்கு கொண்டு வருகிறாய்?' எனச்சிலருக்குக்கேள்வி எழும்பலாம். இந்த ஆள் என்னமோ தமிழ், மலையாளம் இசை உலகைக்கரைத்துக்குடித்தவன் என்று வலையுலகில் நம்பிக்கொண்டிருக்கும் சிலருக்கு இவரது அறியாமை அளவை வெளிச்சம் போடத்தானேயன்றி வேறு நோக்கமில்லை :-)

app_engine
1st July 2010, 11:47 PM
digression

pazhassi rAjA style media false-blowing (http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/blog/dirty-tackle/post/Maradona-thought-German-striker-was-a-ballboy?urn=sow,252743)

Read the comments where those with spanish knowledge translate what Diego said.

end-digression

This disease of picking on former-celebrities is there everywhere :-(

Sureshs65
2nd July 2010, 10:00 AM
The next part of Ravi Natarajan's techno baroque series at:

http://geniusraja.blogspot.com/2010/07/simple-introduction-to-techno-baroque.html

tvsankar
7th July 2010, 08:00 PM
http://thamizhkadal.blogspot.com/

Ilaiyaraja ku oru kavidhai. nice.....

app_engine
8th July 2010, 08:55 PM
digression

Another 'character-attack' (http://shajiwriter.blogspot.com/2010/07/when-i-listen-to-yesudas.html) by shaji, this time on KJY.

Like my earlier post, this is to break the false belief in the net community that this fellow is an 'isai vimarsakar'.

Clearly, he is someone interested in attacking very famous film music personalities - without much basic knowledge on music - to make a living!

end-digression

app_engine
8th July 2010, 09:57 PM
[tscii:8256cb950c]A blogger's review of Sujatha's கொலையுதிர் காலம் (http://balhanuman.wordpress.com/2010/07/08/%E0%AE%9A%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%9C%E0%AE%BE%E0%AE%A4%E0%A E%BE%E0%AE%B5%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%A9%E0%AF%8D-%E0%AE%95%E0%AF%8A%E0%AE%B2%E0%AF%88%E0%AE%AF%E0%A F%81%E0%AE%A4%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%B0%E0%AF%8D-%E0%AE%95/)

சுஜாதாவின் உவமானங்கள் பெரும்பாலும் அந்த அந்த கால கட்டங்களின் நிகழ்வுகளைப் பிரதிபலிக்கும் சில இடங்களில் அந்த நாள் அரசியல்வாதிகள், குரானா காங்கிரஸ் சிக்கல் என சில இடங்களில் பளிச்சிட்டாலும் எனக்கு மிகவும் பிடித்த வரிகள். “கேஸ் இளையராஜாவுடைய இரண்டாவது சரணம் மாதிரிப் புதுப்பாதையில் பாய்ஞ்சுடுச்சு பாஸ்” என வசந்த் சொல்லும் வரிகளில் கேஸ் புதுப் பாதையில் பயணிக்கின்றது என்பதை அவர் அந்த கால இளையராஜா இசையுடன் ஒப்பிடுகின்றார். இதன் மூலம் இரண்டாவது சரணங்களில் புதிய பாணியை இளையராஜா கையாள்கின்றார் என்ற விஷயமும் புலப்படுகின்றது.

[/tscii:8256cb950c]

jaiganes
8th July 2010, 10:14 PM
[tscii:0347d7b39b]A blogger's review of Sujatha's கொலையுதிர் காலம் (http://balhanuman.wordpress.com/2010/07/08/%E0%AE%9A%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%9C%E0%AE%BE%E0%AE%A4%E0%A E%BE%E0%AE%B5%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%A9%E0%AF%8D-%E0%AE%95%E0%AF%8A%E0%AE%B2%E0%AF%88%E0%AE%AF%E0%A F%81%E0%AE%A4%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%B0%E0%AF%8D-%E0%AE%95/)

சுஜாதாவின் உவமானங்கள் பெரும்பாலும் அந்த அந்த கால கட்டங்களின் நிகழ்வுகளைப் பிரதிபலிக்கும் சில இடங்களில் அந்த நாள் அரசியல்வாதிகள், குரானா காங்கிரஸ் சிக்கல் என சில இடங்களில் பளிச்சிட்டாலும் எனக்கு மிகவும் பிடித்த வரிகள். “கேஸ் இளையராஜாவுடைய இரண்டாவது சரணம் மாதிரிப் புதுப்பாதையில் பாய்ஞ்சுடுச்சு பாஸ்” என வசந்த் சொல்லும் வரிகளில் கேஸ் புதுப் பாதையில் பயணிக்கின்றது என்பதை அவர் அந்த கால இளையராஜா இசையுடன் ஒப்பிடுகின்றார். இதன் மூலம் இரண்டாவது சரணங்களில் புதிய பாணியை இளையராஜா கையாள்கின்றார் என்ற விஷயமும் புலப்படுகின்றது.

[/tscii:0347d7b39b]

classic case of postmodernism - art referencing contemporary art.

vssathish
8th July 2010, 10:47 PM
In this week's Anandha vikatan, it has been mentioned that BAlki next movie will feature Amitabh and Sridevi in the lead role. Music is by Raaja.

Might be produced by ABCL :D

raj_musing
8th July 2010, 11:01 PM
digression

Another 'character-attack' (http://shajiwriter.blogspot.com/2010/07/when-i-listen-to-yesudas.html) by shaji, this time on KJY.

Like my earlier post, this is to break the false belief in the net community that this fellow is an 'isai vimarsakar'.

Clearly, he is someone interested in attacking very famous film music personalities - without much basic knowledge on music - to make a living!

end-digression

Though I disagree with Shaji in many ways,but what KJY said about Lata Mangeshkar happened many years back and I personally feel that he should have refrained from that :)

There were many cases where he voices his opinion in public,leading to mixed reactions...The royalty issue and his attack on reality shows,when there is already a show in a channel going on as "Gandarva sangeetham" in his name,which he attends have evoked sharp responses from different quarters.

He is not a big admirer of the "younger generation" composers or singers as well...

"Great achievers need not be good orators"

app_engine
8th July 2010, 11:16 PM
raj_musing,

I agree with you that great talents are not "nice persons" all the time. Ofcourse there's some negative role by tabloids / media, but they can't always be blamed - as eccentricities DO show up from the artists.

My intention of posting these blog links is only to make people aware that the sole job of this fellow is to sensationalize the eccentricities of great artists (and not do any real critique on music, and he cannot be called a "music-critic" as claimed by some people on the web / small mag circles).

Sureshs65
9th July 2010, 12:27 AM
/Dig

app_eng,

I agree on the fact that when Shaji is writing about Jesudas the singer it is better to analyze his singing / impact on the Malayalam music industry (or other music industries). Bringing in other extraneous stuff just confuses the issue and the whole article loses its balance.

Having said that, what Shaji says about Jesudas's domination of Malayalam film industry will also equally, if not more strongly, apply to Lata Manageshkar in the Hindi film music world as well. What was gained by such a domination and what was lost due to such a domination needs a good discussion, without getting into personalities.
/End Dig

raj_musing
9th July 2010, 12:32 AM
App,

True that great talents are not nice people ....As always when shaji writes something,what more can we expect? :) If we go through all his blogs,he has used similar pattern/approach in all his articles.
As you said rightly,he is never a music critic.....

app_engine
9th July 2010, 12:46 AM
What was gained by such a domination and what was lost due to such a domination needs a good discussion

Nice question for a discussion, and we can look at the example of IR himself - "ராஜாதி ராஜனிந்த ராஜா" period - to be valid in this forum :-)

Obviously, the gains quickly come to mind, from a MD point of view :-)

-Film industry had never before acknowledged the role of MD and paid such compensation levels, comparable to most heroes

-Started to have a greater say on budget for music, possibly resulting in better facilities / training / instrumentalists in the long run

-Minimum standard was raised to hitherto unknown levels, which automatically raised the entry barrier (consider the current plight - 58 movies in 2010 so far with possibly 40 composers and not even one hummable song per composer)

Competition is good but variety does not automatically result from competition :-)

Sureshs65
9th July 2010, 01:18 AM
Competition is good but variety does not automatically result from competition :-)

Too late in the night to respond in detail. Will write a detailed reply tomorrow. As of now, let me agree with you quote before signing off :D

crvenky
9th July 2010, 08:06 PM
I caught an advt in Isaiaruvi channel in the last minute, about some show in Nehru Stadium, Chennai tomorrow at 6 pm. Maestro, MSV, Vaali, etc are attending. Somebody please check and post the details here.

app_engine
9th July 2010, 09:52 PM
Will write a detailed reply tomorrow.

Looking forward to reading :-)

Meanwhile, pondered over a little bit as to how this "monopolistic domination" (as in the case of KJY / LM / one point of time IR) even come about.

These are talented, hard working artists. Most of us know about the cases of KJY & IR as those who came up from very humble backgrounds without any money -muscle -caste etc power lobbies.

How was it possible for these two to get into such dominance? Pretty obvious that they didn't have even time to play rowdyism (even assuming that they had all the money / power /work force etc).

Why, even a formidable force like MGR (with all the workforce available to him) didn't have such monopolistic domination ever. And to think that KJY or IR could just like that control their respective fields to disallow competition is simply a myth :-)

I remember the time period when AVM / KB etc tried hard with Chandrabose, Maragathamani etc to remove IR's dominance. Couldn't do it with all the muscle they had, until a somewhat-worthy musician came along to crack it.

So, my guess is, whatever dominant position that KJY / IR / LM enjoyed had nothing to do with "blocking practices" by these talents.

It was something like MS-Office of 90's IMO.

Sureshs65
9th July 2010, 09:56 PM
app_eng,

To continue the discussion about dominance of a single personality in music, I think TFM takes the cake. MSV-TKR were so dominant that others did not stand a chance. Ofcourse, there was KVM, but he too had to shift to Telugu land. Then came Raja and he dominated the scene completely. After him the domination of a single individual ended. Rahman's set the trend and dominated the charts but his was not the domination of MSV or Raja's kind because he did less work and the gap was filled by others.

Having said that, let us look at whether there were really good alternate MDs who were crushed because of this domination. If you take the case of Hindi film music, while the dominant musical personalities wrt influence and hits were people like Naushad, Shankar Jaikishan, O P Nayyar, RD Burman etc, there was always another set of MDs whose compositions were no less brilliant, if not better, than these popular MDs. People like Madanmohan. Roshan, Jaidev would fall into this category. As time passes by and ruthlessly crushes most of the mediocrity which was praised during its time, we slowly find that Madanmohan today is as well know to the younger generation as Naushad and his songs are probably more heard today than Naushad's songs. (Let me warn you that this is anecdotal evidence here based on songs played in FM stations, CDs which are available in music stores etc. and not on some researched figures.) In a sense, though the may not have delivered as many hits as the popular MDs of those days, the songs of Madanmohan, Roshan and Salilda, Jaidev and like have stood the test of time and their reputation has increased over the years. I would say that there were people like Ramesh Naidu and Sathyam in Telugu film music, who provided alternatives to the popular tune smiths of those days like Chakravarthy and KVM.

The question is whether there were such music directors whose stature and songs have grown over the years and has given people alternative to MSV, KVM or Raja. My feeling, again from what I see on TV and songs on radio, is that there were no such personalities whose music you can present as an alternative to MSV, KVM or Raja. There have been other MDs who have given some nice songs but their complete body of work may not be all that great. What I am saying is that in TFM there was no Madanmohan who could be held up against a Naushad or Shankar Jaikishen.

Coming to Raja's time, the situation was the same. On one hand, we had an ageing MSV and on the other hand we had people like Shankar Ganesh, Chandrabose, Deva etc who could not match him at all. As app_eng had once remarked about a CD containing Raja hits along with songs of other MDs, it was just not possible to listen to them. We also need to remember here that neither MSV nor Raja had financial or political backing when they came in and whatever influence they had was definitely musical. What was very good for the Tamil audience was that Raja's influence and success was not like say Chakravarthy in Telugu or LP in Hindi, where their limitation was very clear and there were other MDs who did better work. In case of Raja, he was the best and he delivered varied fare with very high quality. The quality he delivered is so high that even his staunches fan is still discovering new things from the movies he did at his prime !!! (I have personally forgotten most of what Chakravarthy or LP have done!!) The alternatives were not many until Rahman arrived on the scene to provide an alternative to Raja. Later we had more democracy, if we can call it that, with Vidyasagar, Deva, Harris, Yuvan etc all joining the race. (The only decent alternative to Raja in earlier days were Rajen Nagendra in Telugu and Kannada.)

TFM in one way was unique in that the most popular MDs were also the most creative, original and undoubtedly the best MDs. For example, in Hindi it is still being debated whether Naudshad, SJ and OPNayyar were as good as Madanmohan, Roshan or Salilda. Whereas it will be foolish to put any of their contemporary MDs against MVS-TKR or Raja. I think the domination happened because there were not many MDs as skilled as these MDs. They had the knack of capturing the audience attention, providing variety and also pleasing the connoisseurs. A tall order but was done very effectively by the TFM MDs.

I guess I have rambled too much. Let me stop here now and let others give their views on this.

Sureshs65
9th July 2010, 10:00 PM
app_eng,

We seemed to have posted at the same time. Both our views on domination happening due to music and not muscle power coincides :)

K
10th July 2010, 05:28 AM
http://solvanam.com/?p=9419 First Indian Symphony?

baroque
10th July 2010, 06:57 AM
So the author thinks the new attempt is a concerto too.
interesting....
He has done a album with Yehudi Menuhin & LONDON SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA...
SITAR CONCERTO.
It has some beautiful pieces.
In some ragas like Rag piloo(chinnaththaayaval..ir), Raga khamaj(naan pesa vandhen...ir) etc..
love,
vinatha.

Sureshs65
12th July 2010, 02:14 PM
Saw a 'Sirapu Thenkinnam' on Jaya TV today morning. Hosted by Krishnachander. Did not realize it was him until he started talking about Raja. Some snippets from what he said.

- He likes 'thene thenpandi meene' from 'Udhaya Geetham' a lot. Said he was surprised that he doesn't see this much in Mohan's greatest hit type of albums. He said that the song evokes a sad feeling very well.

- Then he spoke about 'edho moham' song (app_eng's favourite). He said he was introduced to Raja by a Malayalam lyricist, Kavalam Narayana Panicker. Raja asked him to sing a 'keerthanai'. He called him after two days and gave him this song!!!

- He said that the song was record on a 24 track system which was something amazing in those days. Said that the chorus effect in the song is that Janaki. She had sung the background humming, which comes as a counterpoint to the singing, in a different track. The song has only Krishnachander and Janaki and no other singers!!

- He said that when he was trying to select some songs to sing with an orchestra one of the members remarked, "For the old songs, let us sing 'edho moham'." He said he did not realize that "edho moham' has now become an old song!! He said that the new generation does not know him and asks him as what he has sung. When he replies 'edho moham' people generally become more friendly. He said eventhough his name may be forgotten, he will always be remembered as the person who sang this song.

- He then spoke about 'thenral vandhu muthamittadhu' from 'Oru Odai Nadhiyagiradhu'. He was acting in some films during those time it seems and the earlier day the shooting stretched late into the night and he was drenched in water for the scene. He had to come early to record this song. He said that if we listen to the song you can see a nasal tinge to that and that he was not satisfied with his singing. Said that Raja advised him not to do both (singing and acting.) He then quit acting but somehow he did not get too many songs with Raja later.

Krishnachandar came across as a pleasant and unassuming person. 'edho moham' and 'thendral ennai muthamittadu' are enough to give him immortal status in Tamil film music. His Malayalam immortality will be due to 'Alliyilam poovo'.

Plum
12th July 2010, 03:51 PM
His Malayalam immortality will be due to 'Alliyilam poovo'.
That grants him musical immortality. Period. I didnt realise it was teh same guy who sung Thendral Ennai and Edho Moham, where he comes off as strained.

Sureshs65
12th July 2010, 04:17 PM
His Malayalam immortality will be due to 'Alliyilam poovo'.
That grants him musical immortality. Period.

:) Very true. Agree wholeheartedly.

app_engine
12th July 2010, 08:45 PM
Possiblythis was the function (http://www.dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=579367&disdate=7/11/2010) that someone posted about a couple of days back, without knowing the complete details.

Kalaignar TV claims IR is the reason behind their starting the 'isai arasi' channel.

Shruti Hasan got the channel's best BGM award (for UPO) and it was presented to her by IR.

app_engine
12th July 2010, 09:50 PM
ஒருமுறை ஏர்டெல் சூப்பர் சிங்கர் நிகழ்ச்சியில் பாடகி சித்ரா அவர்கள் சொன்ன ஒரு தகவல் "ராஜா சார் ஒருமுறை சொன்னாரு அவங்க ஊரு தேனிப்பக்கத்தில் கிராமம். அங்கே டூரிங் தியேட்டரில் ராஜா சார் இசையமைத்த படம் ஓடிக்கொண்டிருந்ததாம். டூரிங் கொட்டகைனா திறந்தவெளி அரங்கம்தானே. அருகில் காடு உண்டாம். இந்தப்படத்தில் வரும் ஒரு குறிப்பிட்ட பாடல் வந்தவுடன் அந்தக் காட்டில் இருந்து யானைகள் கிளம்பி வந்து தியேட்டர் அருகே நின்றுவிடுமாம். பாட்டு முடிந்தவுடன் கிளம்பிச் சென்று விடுமாம். அந்தப்படம் ஓடிய அத்தனை நாட்களும் இது நடந்ததாம்." என்று இளையராஜா அவர்கள் சொன்னதாக சித்ரா சொன்னார்.

from this blog:
http://paadiniyar.blogspot.com/2010/07/blog-post_808.html

Sureshs65
12th July 2010, 10:52 PM
app_eng,

I have heard Chitra say this about the elephants in the Malayalam singing show as well. Forgot which song she said this for.

irir123
13th July 2010, 01:22 AM
app_eng,

I have heard Chitra say this about the elephants in the Malayalam singing show as well. Forgot which song she said this for.

sounds like plotline for a movie under "Thevar films" banner !! :D

Fliflo
13th July 2010, 01:26 AM
Folks

I believe it is Jayachandran's "Rasathi unnai Kanatha Nenju" from Vaidehi Kathirundhaal.
I will post the video when I come across.

Shank
13th July 2010, 06:25 AM
Flilfo, that is right...it was for "Rasathi Unnai Kanatha Nenju" that Chitra mentioned this. I remember seeing it on Idea Star Singer.

krish244
15th July 2010, 01:29 AM
[tscii:9f0fc7f96d]Two news items:

IR on Shreya and Shreya on IR:

http://www.indiannewslink.co.nz/index.php/entertainmentlink/4666.html

"Ilayaraja, the first Asian composer to score a symphony for the Royal Philomornic Orchestra in London described her as “A Divine Gift to the modern world” and as “A talent so rare that it needs celebration.”

If Shreya was stunned at the stupendous calibre of the music director, she did not hide. She rendered a song with Illayaraja for debutant director Katha Thirmavalavan’s Tamil film Ajanthaa, stated to be the first film to be shot simultaneously in Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam and Hindi.

“I am very privileged to work with his Grand Master of Music. He composed nine songs for each version – that is a total of 36 tracks in one week. More than a music director, he is an institution,” she said."

Did not read the entire article.

thanks,

Krishnan[/tscii:9f0fc7f96d]

Sureshs65
15th July 2010, 02:44 PM
Violin Vicky's latest blog post on the BGM of 'Nenjathai Killadhe'

http://raagadevan.blogspot.com

K
17th July 2010, 02:04 PM
http://cinema.nakkheeran.in/Talkies.aspx?T=424

MysKin about Raja and Nandhalala

தமிழில் ஒரு வித்தியாசமான முயற்சி நந்தலாலா. அந்தப்படத்திற்கு அதிகம் உழைத்திருக்கிறேன். அதைவிடவும் இளையராஜா சார் அதிகம் உழைத்திருக்கிறார்.

ராஜா சார் ரசிகர்களுக்கு இப்படம் ஒரு வரப்பிரசாதமாக அமையும். அவருக்காகவும் அவரது ரசிகர்களுக்காகவும் இப்படம் வெளிவரவேண்டும் என்று வேண்டுகிறேன். அவரது உழைப்பு வீணாகிறதே என்றுதான் வேதனையாக இருக்கிறது

Sanjeevi
17th July 2010, 02:30 PM
:banghead:

producers and all related to the marketing dept of Nandalala :evil:

Why some of us can not try something like for paranormal activity?

app_engine
19th July 2010, 11:00 PM
SPB interview to Thendral magazine, read the print edition this morning and here is the web link :

http://www.tamilonline.com/thendral/MoreContentnew.aspx?id=116&cid=4&aid=6537
(login needed, registration without charge)

Some known ones, some new and interesting ones as well:-)

ஒரு பூவுக்கு என்று ஒரு தனி மணம் இருக்கும். ஒரு இன்ஸ்ட்ருமென்டல் இசையைக்கேட்டாலே இது எம்.எஸ்.வி., இது மஹாதேவன், இது இளையராஜா, குமார் என்று சொல்லிவிட முடியும். இப்ப முடியாது.

வைரமுத்து சார் ஒலிப்பதிவுக்கு வந்தால் எத்தனையோ டேக்ஸ் அவருக்காகப்பாடியிருக்கிறோம். அவருக்கு க்,ச்,ப் எல்லாம் கூட சுத்தமாக இருக்கணும். அதே போல ராஜா சார், விஸ்வநாதன் சார் எல்லோருமே மொழியில், அதன் உச்சரிப்பில் மிகவும் அக்கறை கொண்டிருப்பார்கள். இப்போது பாடலாசிரியர்கள் இதுபோன்று ஏதாவது சொல்கின்றனர் என்பதால் ஒலிப்பதிவுக்கு அவர்கள் அழைக்கப்படுவதில்லை.

The most interesting part is the answer for who are SPB's fav singers. (Rafi & SJ).

app_engine
19th July 2010, 11:09 PM
:banghead:
producers and all related to the marketing dept of Nandalala :evil:
Why some of us can not try something like for paranormal activity?

I think the movie is not getting released because it is horrible / boring / bad.

Otherwise, this cannot happen to a director who had both his prior movies hits. Also, the producer's last release, angAdiththeru was a money-earner & had a 100 day run as well. Now there's no other possible reason for ayngaran to hold this in the cans.

I guess it would be better if something happens as in the case of "oomai veyil".

(That film had zero possibility of release and hence Manivannan "bought" the songs from the producer and used them in his "ingEyum oru gangai" movie which was a moderate success. And the songs got airtime in TN radio as IOG songs while they were already popular as oomai veyil songs thanks to IOKS).

irir123
20th July 2010, 02:01 AM
app_engine: if it was that bad, why wud Kamal praise it the way he did it ? and why wud IR put in the extra effort for the score ? something must have inspired him after all!

it looks to me like the fate that 'Mullum Malarum' had met when it was being filmed and distributors got scared of the unconventional storyline - the trend continues even after 2-3 decades!

Fliflo
20th July 2010, 02:12 AM
I think the movie is not getting released because it is horrible / boring / bad

If this is the case WTH they remake in Telugu??

http://www.chitramala.com/news/mahesh-babu-s-new-film-nandalala-119786.html

app_engine
20th July 2010, 02:43 AM
it looks to me like the fate that 'Mullum Malarum' had met when it was being filmed and distributors got scared of the unconventional storyline - the trend continues even after 2-3 decades!

I think it was only the producer who was unwilling to continue investing money in MM midway and the movie wasn't "lying in cans" after completion. There was also another report that the initial (rather premature) screening without BGM had lukewarm response from disti's and the opinion had a 180deg change after BGM.

Either way, it DID FIND its way out of the lab into screens, "even before 2-3 decades" while NL cannot do that today, in a "more evolved world" :-)

Movies that supposedly had great enthu by IR didn't always fare well in BO (same goes for praise by KH - for that matter, KH ditched the idea of working with Mysskin and is in a cruise ship with KSR).

fliflo, remaking ellAm irukkattum. modhalla uLLadha release paNNaththuppirukkA? :lol:

raagas
20th July 2010, 05:16 PM
Lot of IR related nominations in upcoming filmfare awards for the South:

Tamil:
Bala - Naan Kadavul (best director)
Bala - Naan Kadavul (Best Film)

Malayalam:
Pazhassi Raja (Best Film)
Bhagyadevatha (Best Film)
Hariharan (Pazhassi Raja - Best Director)
Ilaiyaraaja (Best Music - Bhagyadevatha)
Karhtik (Best Playback Singer Male - Thirathantha, from Bhagyadevatha)
Yesudas (Best Playback Singer Male - Aadhiushassu - Pazhassi Raja)
chitra(Best Playback Singer Female - kunnathe konna, pazhassiraja)

If i am surprised with anything, it is only about Pazhassi Raja not being nominated in best Music category. I enjoyed Bhagyadevatha too, but i felt PR was notches above BD (quantity + quality).

And Didnt the filmfare jury listen to "Kannil Paarvai", which easily should beget a nomination for Shreya Ghoshal and Ilaiyaraaja ofcourse.

Plum
20th July 2010, 06:59 PM
National AwardE between Shreya and Chitra dhAn irukkaNum for 2009. But kaNNil pArvai not picturised so not much chance. That might be the reason for no filmfare nomination, too. Imagine, you call out the nominations, and no clips to display? A cardinal sin, I think, from filmfare POV.

nAn national awardai sonnEn.

app_engine
20th July 2010, 07:08 PM
kaNNil pArvai not picturised so not much chance.

I think NA process is already over for that movie (2008 category) and Bala / make up man picked up awards.

Per Jeyamohan, kaNNil pArvai was originally picturized but edited off in the theatrical version; we won't know whether it was included in the version submitted for NA.

In any case, Shreya got the 2008 NA :-)

So, KSC should be undisputed (in our opinions) for 2009 NA :-)

Sureshs65
20th July 2010, 08:04 PM
Yup. Raja not being nominated for Pazhassi Raja is very puzzling given that Jesudas and Chitra are. I am happy for them and also for Karthik. 'adi thirathannil' was a lovely song. My guess is the award may go to KJY and Chitra. I don't mind Karthik getting it either. Lets see if 'Bagyadevatha' takes the award for music. But PR not being there makes you question the selection process !!!

Anyway now that raagas has reminded me to PR, let me go listen to the songs again. Not that I need an excuse :)

app_engine
20th July 2010, 08:25 PM
I'm not surprised at PR music not getting the due recognition.

Even at the time of the release of album / movie there were mixed responses - if one goes by the reviews seen on the web. It's possible that the taste of the public has changed a lot compared to the IR group in the hub.

To the general public, possibly BD tastes better than PR.

Another thing - the songs / BGM don't stand out as much as other aspects when one watches PR (unlike many IR movies of prior decades, with strong theme score etc).

Add to this the negative campaign during the ONV controversy & the resultant bad blood, the picture is complete :-)

raj_musing
20th July 2010, 10:46 PM
Lot of IR related nominations in upcoming filmfare awards for the South:

Tamil:
Bala - Naan Kadavul (best director)
Bala - Naan Kadavul (Best Film)

Malayalam:
Pazhassi Raja (Best Film)
Bhagyadevatha (Best Film)
Hariharan (Pazhassi Raja - Best Director)
Ilaiyaraaja (Best Music - Bhagyadevatha)
Karhtik (Best Playback Singer Male - Thirathantha, from Bhagyadevatha)
Yesudas (Best Playback Singer Male - Aadhiushassu - Pazhassi Raja)
chitra(Best Playback Singer Female - kunnathe konna, pazhassiraja)

If i am surprised with anything, it is only about Pazhassi Raja not being nominated in best Music category. I enjoyed Bhagyadevatha too, but i felt PR was notches above BD (quantity + quality).

And Didnt the filmfare jury listen to "Kannil Paarvai", which easily should beget a nomination for Shreya Ghoshal and Ilaiyaraaja ofcourse.

Raagas, do you know the date of this award function and which channel broadcasts this?

raagas
20th July 2010, 10:57 PM
august 7th (or 9th, i'm not sure) is the award function. no idea abt tv channel.

par
21st July 2010, 11:47 AM
South Filmfare functions usually come in Sun network. It will only be a recorded telecast.

raajarasigan
23rd July 2010, 10:30 AM
Isai Virudhugal - Awards from Isaiaruvi only for Music...

starts by 7 PM in Isaiaruvi... seen the trailer in which Raja was there praising Shruthi "Shruthi illamal sangeetham undo"... :)

Sanjeevi
23rd July 2010, 10:50 AM
Isai Virudhugal - Awards from Isaiaruvi only for Music...

starts by 7 PM in Isaiaruvi... seen the trailer in which Raja was there praising Shruthi "Shruthi illamal sangeetham undo"... :)

today?

raajarasigan
23rd July 2010, 01:03 PM
Yes Sanjeevi... :)

Fliflo
26th July 2010, 09:41 AM
Isai Aruvi Music Awards - 2010

Wonderful Raja's portions are included here

part-11

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp_VFYdaAtc

part-12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7946-pghMz0&feature=related

Enjoy!!

rajasaranam
26th July 2010, 09:43 AM
[tscii:fd3cf36bdb]ILAIYARAAJA’S A TRUE MOZART (http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Default/Scripting/ArticleWin.asp?From=Archive&Source=Page&Skin=TOINEW&BaseHref=TOICH/2010/07/23&PageLabel=29&EntityId=Ar02900&ViewMode=HTML&GZ=T)

I’M INSPIRED! There are two musicians who’ve motivated and inspired me — A R Rahman and Ilaiyaraaja. In the two years that I spent with Rahman, I did almost 15 films including Sillunu Oru Kadhal, Guru, Jodhaa Akbar and Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na (JTYJN). In fact, I’ve also sung for Pappu can’t dance… and Nazrein milana... in JTYJN. Rahman’s my mentor. He taught me not just the nuances of composing, but also ways to boost one’s self-confidence. And Ilaiyaraaja sir, according to me, is THE ideal composer. You just can’t replace a note from his composition with another; he’s that perfect, a true Mozart.

-Music director Satish Chakravarthy, Composer of film 'Kanimozhi'

:notworthy: [/tscii:fd3cf36bdb]

Sureshs65
26th July 2010, 06:21 PM
RS,

Even though your coming has been very irregular, you come with a very impactful post :)

raj_musing
26th July 2010, 09:19 PM
Isai Aruvi Music Awards - 2010

Wonderful Raja's portions are included here

part-11

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp_VFYdaAtc

part-12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7946-pghMz0&feature=related

Enjoy!!

Good to see raja attending award functions and other programs nowadays and the respect he gets from every quarters is laudable...

app_engine
26th July 2010, 09:50 PM
Good to see raja attending award functions and other programs nowadays

Unlike IR's "crown days", such media today is controlled almost totally by political mafia. "எதுக்கு வம்பு" must be the main reason :-)

Lack of active projects (or cutting down) could be another reason.
In any case, as long as he enjoys them, fine.

It would be nice if he focusses his energy (partly at least) on classicals and come out with some more instrumental scores at this point of time:-)

raj_musing
26th July 2010, 11:14 PM
Yes. Lack of active projects should be the main reason and hence he is finding time for his innumerable fans now...

Whatever classics he had composed so far has never fully reached all parts of our country. I would want him to come out with a classic album coupled with good marketing strategy/media coverage on a wide scale so that it reaches each and every corner of our motherland.

Though I still maintain that he has NOTHING to prove in music again,it would be great to see a few more classics from him in the leauge of HTNI or NBW selling like hotcakes in the current "pop corn music" market.

If somebody can take please this message to Ilayaraja :) :)

tvsankar
27th July 2010, 12:14 AM
Fliflo,
Thanks for the links.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
27th July 2010, 01:22 AM
[tscii:8662b01138]ILAIYARAAJA’S A TRUE MOZART (http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Default/Scripting/ArticleWin.asp?From=Archive&Source=Page&Skin=TOINEW&BaseHref=TOICH/2010/07/23&PageLabel=29&EntityId=Ar02900&ViewMode=HTML&GZ=T)

I’M INSPIRED! There are two musicians who’ve motivated and inspired me — A R Rahman and Ilaiyaraaja. In the two years that I spent with Rahman, I did almost 15 films including Sillunu Oru Kadhal, Guru, Jodhaa Akbar and Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na (JTYJN). In fact, I’ve also sung for Pappu can’t dance… and Nazrein milana... in JTYJN. Rahman’s my mentor. He taught me not just the nuances of composing, but also ways to boost one’s self-confidence. And Ilaiyaraaja sir, according to me, is THE ideal composer. You just can’t replace a note from his composition with another; he’s that perfect, a true Mozart.

:notworthy: [/tscii:8662b01138]

Raja sir is Indian Mozart

rajasaranam
27th July 2010, 09:35 AM
RS,

Even though your coming has been very irregular, you come with a very impactful post :)

I liked the underlying Polemic in that statement of Satish, though he has never worked with Ilaiyaraaja! :D

ramk1
27th July 2010, 11:48 PM
May be he lost interest in proving anything. That may be the reason why he doesn;t accept any movies. in the recent past there has been so many movies which may have been enriched further with his music. Unfortunately either he has decided to move away from the usualy filmy stuff or the directors decided to move away. He only would be knowing the answer to that. But i agree that somebody takes this message to him. One way is by using YSR's tweets. That is only a suggestion.

K
28th July 2010, 03:47 AM
http://radiospathy.blogspot.com/2010/07/blog-post_27.html

ராஜா எதிர்பார்த்த அந்தச் சங்கதி வரவேயில்லை. இளையராஜா ஆர்மோனியத்தை வாங்கிக் கொள்கின்றார். நேராக ஒலிப்பதிவு ஆரம்பம். இளையராஜா ஆர்மோனியத்தை வாங்கிக் கொள்கின்றார். நேராக ஒலிப்பதிவு ஆரம்பம். சித்ரா பாடுகின்றார். மற்றைய வாத்தியங்கள் சங்கமிக்க, இளையராஜாவே நேரடியாக ஆர்மோனியத்தை வாசிக்க, அவர் எதிர்பார்த்த அந்தச் சங்கதியே ராஜாவின் வாசிப்பில் பாடலாக ஒலிப்பதிவு செய்யப்படுகின்றது

jaiganes
28th July 2010, 10:05 PM
http://radiospathy.blogspot.com/2010/07/blog-post_27.html

ராஜா எதிர்பார்த்த அந்தச் சங்கதி வரவேயில்லை. இளையராஜா ஆர்மோனியத்தை வாங்கிக் கொள்கின்றார். நேராக ஒலிப்பதிவு ஆரம்பம். இளையராஜா ஆர்மோனியத்தை வாங்கிக் கொள்கின்றார். நேராக ஒலிப்பதிவு ஆரம்பம். சித்ரா பாடுகின்றார். மற்றைய வாத்தியங்கள் சங்கமிக்க, இளையராஜாவே நேரடியாக ஆர்மோனியத்தை வாசிக்க, அவர் எதிர்பார்த்த அந்தச் சங்கதியே ராஜாவின் வாசிப்பில் பாடலாக ஒலிப்பதிவு செய்யப்படுகின்றது

No wonder - coz thats the bit that underlines the fusion of pop-Indian folk-WCM - it is a piece from vision - not just some notes that can be played by mere listening or reading.

app_engine
29th July 2010, 09:12 PM
சின்னப்பசய்ங்க ரொம்ப சேப்டியா இருக்காய்ங்க (http://www.deccanchronicle.com/entertainment/%E2%80%98dhanush-camphor%E2%80%99-268)

G.V. Prakash said that Aadukalam is one of the best things that ever happened to him. Comment.
GV has come out with six very fresh songs. He has also travelled musically for each segment of the background score. For me it was new, maybe maestro Ilayaraja sir would have done it in the past.

app_engine
29th July 2010, 09:41 PM
[tscii:2b4063d511]http://isaignanibakthan.blogspot.com/2010/07/blog-post_26.html

This post has the transcript of the whole IR-KH conversation on gunA cassette, that occurs prior to 'kaNmNi anbOdu kAdhalan nAn ezhudhum kadidhamE' song.

One portion:

கமல்ஹாசன்: சிக்கலான விஷயம்.. இது நல்லா இருக்கு! இன்னொரு இது என்னன்னா இதில அன்பே, நலமா, நலந்தானா, உடலும் உள்ளமும் நலந்தானா, அந்த சாயல் வராம ஒரு யதார்த்தமா..

இசைஞானி: ம்??

கமல்ஹாசன்: ஒண்ணு ரெண்டு வார்த்த நல்ல தமிழ்ல வரலாம்! ஒரு … படிக்கத் தெரியாதவனுடைய மொழி மாதிரி இருக்கணும்..

கமல்ஹாசன்: இசையும் ரொம்ப அலாதியா, அற்புதமான கமகங்களோட இல்லாம, Simple-ஆ இருக்கணும்…

இசைஞானி: ம்! இப்போ ஒரு Character-க்கு ஒரு குணாதிசயம் இருக்கு இல்லையா? அவர் டயலாக் பேசுற … … …

கமல்ஹாசன் (இடைமறித்து): ஆங்.. டயலாக் பேசுற மாதிரி ஆரம்பிச்சி எப்ப பாட்டு ஆரம்பிச்சதுன்னு தெரியாம ஆரம்பிக்கணும். அதாவது நான் இப்ப குணாவா பேசும்பொழுது.. கண்மணி .. அன்போட … காதலன் நான் … எழுதும் …

இசைஞானி: ஓஹோ?

கமல்ஹாசன்: … … .. லெட்டர்! லெட்டர் வேணாம்! லெட்டர்னு சொல்லத் தெரியாது.. கடிதம்…. இல்ல அவனுக்கு எத சொல்றதுன்னு தெரியாம முழிக்கிறான் இல்லையா?

கமல்ஹாசன்: … ஏன்னா அடுத்தவங்கள எழுத சொல்றது இது.. அதக் கூட ஈசியா மாத்திட்டு கடிதம்.. லெட்டர்… இருக்கட்டும்... கடிதம் போட்டுக்கலாம்..

இசைஞானி: ஒஹோ? (சற்று நேர அமைதிக்குப் பின்) நீங்க மேல ரெக்கார்டிங் தியேட்டருக்கு வாங்க!

கமல்ஹாசன்: ஆங்??

இசைஞானி (சிரித்தவாறு): எம் மேல நம்பிக்கை இருக்கு இல்லையா?

The single syllable replies of IR are really funny:-)
[/tscii:2b4063d511]

Sanjeevi
30th July 2010, 02:49 PM
RGV wanted to introduce MM Keeravani as music director with his debut film Shiva, but that couldn't happen

Is it?
and another related news http://sify.com/movies/fullstory.php?id=14951477

kameshratnam
30th July 2010, 06:09 PM
[tscii:98fde9f206]ILAIYARAAJA’S A TRUE MOZART (http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Default/Scripting/ArticleWin.asp?From=Archive&Source=Page&Skin=TOINEW&BaseHref=TOICH/2010/07/23&PageLabel=29&EntityId=Ar02900&ViewMode=HTML&GZ=T)

:notworthy: [/tscii:98fde9f206]

:( Satish Chakravarthy solli dan theriyanama

app_engine
30th July 2010, 07:10 PM
[tscii:980aab1276]From the 'raktha charithrA' thread in the TF section :

http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/id/RGV_lashes_out_at_AR_Rahman_40774.html

Reportedly, the moviemaker was responding to upcoming actor RaNa’s comment about Ilayaraja’s soulful music in Chinarayudu. According to a leading website, Ram Gopal Varma commented that A.R. Rahman, Keeravani, Mani Sharma and Devi Sri Prasad had together killed music in films.

Interestingly, it was RGV who introduced Rahman to Hindi audiences with Rangeela; he also introduced Mani Sharma in Telugu but the film was shelved midway. RGV also said that unlike Ilayaraja, these music composers brought importance to sound rather than music. Anyway, it is yet to be seen how the entire film industry reacts to RGV’s rude remarks.

[/tscii:980aab1276]

raajarasigan
30th July 2010, 10:28 PM
[tscii]http://isaignanibakthan.blogspot.com/2010/07/blog-post_26.html
App, Thanks a lot for the link... very interesting... :D IR & KH have a very good understanding as always....

appushiva
31st July 2010, 12:11 PM
Dear all,

Recently went on vacation to india and toured certain areas of north tamilnadu, Vellore,arni,Tiruvannamalai, etc. What i heard in bus , busstands, tea shops are IR songs only. In some places i heard "Vettaikaran" songs. This shows people still loves to hear only IR songs.
Also , watched "Madraspattinam" the music director G.V.P tries to follow IR through the ways of shortcut but giving importance to sound, I not liked at all.It is just compel the audience.
Still i am not understand what these producers and directors are thinking and why they not book IR for these flims, what they find lagging in IR.May be the directors don't want the domination of IR in their films.. but it is really hard to sit in the seat for 2.5 hours having a unjustified sounds, after hearing masterpieces for 3 decades.
It is really hard to be now in 2010 , there is no IR songs of now, but for the timeperiod i am hearing songs of,
1. Chinappo chinappo (Japanil Kalyanaraman)
2. Mr.Bharath
3. Om shanti(Telegu)
4. Endr endrum anathame - MV in Kadal meengal

Thanks

K
1st August 2010, 12:18 PM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2010/08/01-tamil-cinema-composer-ilayaraja-music.html

Thambi on Anna

kameshratnam
1st August 2010, 09:51 PM
i heard rajinikanth condemned IR in the malayasia endiran audio launch

I saw the news in mayyam but even before i cud read it the thread got deleted

raagas
1st August 2010, 11:13 PM
[tscii:1e776418ab]From the 'raktha charithrA' thread in the TF section :

http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/id/RGV_lashes_out_at_AR_Rahman_40774.html

Reportedly, the moviemaker was responding to upcoming actor RaNa’s comment about Ilayaraja’s soulful music in Chinarayudu. According to a leading website, Ram Gopal Varma commented that A.R. Rahman, Keeravani, Mani Sharma and Devi Sri Prasad had together killed music in films.

Interestingly, it was RGV who introduced Rahman to Hindi audiences with Rangeela; he also introduced Mani Sharma in Telugu but the film was shelved midway. RGV also said that unlike Ilayaraja, these music composers brought importance to sound rather than music. Anyway, it is yet to be seen how the entire film industry reacts to RGV’s rude remarks.

[/tscii:1e776418ab]

http://twitter.com/RGVzoomin/status/19893826245

Nerd
1st August 2010, 11:22 PM

enga irunthu varraaingaLO theriyalaibA the so called IR fans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sumWe_g1AT0

In this video he says spiritual persons should not have any ego. So udanE IR-a dhaan sonnaaru nu eduthukkanumaa.. idhai vida, NEENGA Raja sir-a asingapaduthavE mudiyaadhu. Ungala maadhiri aalunga IR fansaa irukkadhu avarukku dhaan kEvalam.

jaiganes
2nd August 2010, 12:33 AM

In this video he says spiritual persons should not have any ego. So udanE IR-a dhaan sonnaaru nu eduthukkanumaa.. idhai vida, NEENGA Raja sir-a asingapaduthavE mudiyaadhu. Ungala maadhiri aalunga IR fansaa irukkadhu avarukku dhaan kEvalam.
true - we should not construe praise of one person = dissing another person. I thought that Rajini speech alone was the best thing in the whole event. and trying to find faults in that is a rather silly thing to do.

kameshratnam
2nd August 2010, 08:03 AM

I saw the news only here in mayyam...i wanted to clarify what had happened. I am a fan of his MUSIC only and rest stops there.. i wanted to know what rajini had blabbered in the show

Period

raagas
2nd August 2010, 11:44 AM

I saw the news only here in mayyam...i wanted to clarify what had happened. I am a fan of his MUSIC only and rest stops there.. i wanted to know what rajini had blabbered in the show

Period

As far as I know, Rajnikanth respects Ilaiyaraaja a lot. When this is the truth, rest is immaterial. Relax.

AravindMano
2nd August 2010, 11:49 AM
[tscii:bcaf641619]From the 'raktha charithrA' thread in the TF section :

[/tscii:bcaf641619]

http://twitter.com/RGVzoomin/status/19893826245

In his very next tweet, RGV has said that he was joking. Media totally ignored it :)

Plum
2nd August 2010, 11:56 AM
Nerd, I had requested admins to delete that thread and they did.
inge sila pEru kuzhambina kuttaila mIn pidippavargaL vEra - the motivation for them to initiate this discussion might be to get Rajni fans to diss IR rather than defending IR :-)

podhuvA, I dont think much Rahman bashing goes here. Sometimes, there are statements that obliquely attack oscar composer etc but the frequency of this is very, very rare. Yes, people do say "Only IR fossible; vEra endha kombanAlum mudiyAdhu" but that goes on everywhere, doesnt it?

Sanjeevi
2nd August 2010, 12:23 PM
Yes, people do say "Only IR fossible; vEra endha kombanAlum mudiyAdhu" but that goes on everywhere, doesnt it?

IthuthanE fanukku azhagu :P

Plum
2nd August 2010, 12:41 PM
yes, Sanjeevi. I am sure Nerd understands that :-)

Sureshs65
2nd August 2010, 07:01 PM
IthuthanE fanukku azhagu :P

That is not 'azhagu'. That is our birthright!!! :) I mean, with no disrespect to any other MD, sometimes only IR fossible :lol:

K
2nd August 2010, 07:08 PM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2010/08/02-tamil-cinema-enthiran-rajinikanth.html

another version in the readers comments

Nerd
2nd August 2010, 09:29 PM
yes, Sanjeevi. I am sure Nerd understands that :-)
I did not know about the thread and IMO only IR fossible is perfectly alright (even I have said that multiple times) but 'Can oscar composers do this', -ve comments about ARR's songs here etc is disgusting. And yeah I think I was exaggerating the other day.

Sorry for the digression.

MumbaiRamki
2nd August 2010, 11:15 PM
PR background score

http://www.indianbackgroundscore.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=451&sid=b66729b445a727135dd76b5d455b460c

jaiganes
2nd August 2010, 11:38 PM
having said that one must not construe statements related to ego said by rajini as attacking IR, the spiritual denouements of the statement are highly false. When Rajini says that "one has to come down" to do the job - one must understand that for a spiritual seeker, the state of bliss attained during a meditation or contemplation , where the ego dissolves only to coagulate back when the person has to do regular works and routine transactions. Without the ego, even moving a pencil from one desk to another is not possible - such is the nature of existence. Though GOD moves everyone and everything, it is possible only because things and beings understand their true nature and design to allow GOD to move through them and that understanding is the "EGO". If he means "false pride" attached to ones achievements then it can be called as such instead of calling it as "EGO". Raaja has clearly mentioned this in many interviews. Rajini has to grow more(spiritually) to understand that - that is the reason why he thinks "Wine and Worship" can coexist(a hint at telling everyone that he also is a siddha purusha).
If he himself is such a "EGO LESS" person why should he invest so much in punch dialogues that boost his image and then claim cowardly that "they were written by some writer and not his personal statement"? Such duplicity is a clear sign of FALSE EGO. I have no problems in someone praising some one else as the "best" in the chosen field, but attributing the greatness to just "lack of perceived EGO" is a travesty in the name of praise.

Nerd
2nd August 2010, 11:54 PM
If he himself is such a "EGO LESS" person why should he invest so much in punch dialogues that boost his image and then claim cowardly that "they were written by some writer and not his personal statement"? Such duplicity is a clear sign of FALSE EGO. I have no problems in someone praising some one else as the "best" in the chosen field, but attributing the greatness to just "lack of perceived EGO" is a travesty in the name of praise.
Its funny you say this. So he was a psychiatrist during Chandramukhi, a punch dialaak enthusiast during sivaji and a robot now? Its the movies common. But in real life (at least in his public life) he comes across as an ego-less/humble person.

tvsankar
2nd August 2010, 11:59 PM
Its funny you say this. So he was a psychiatrist during Chandramukhi, a punch dialaak enthusiast during sivaji and a robot now? Its the movies common. But in real life (at least in his public life) he comes across as an ego-less/humble person.

Nerd,
enaku oru periya doubt iruku

indha - humble and ego less ku artham enna?

Kaariyam aradhukaga - pozhapai parthukaradhukaga

oru vehsam podaradhu dhan - ego less a? Humble a?

Ivangaluku ellam oru Downfall vandhal - Suyaroobam ennanu theiryum.........

apo sollunga - Ego less, humble - etc ellam........

adi vizhara apo - Humble a irukanam...... ego less a irukanam.

adi varamalayae parthukaradhu peru - Vesham.. Samarthiyam...

This is not Ego less or Hmbleness..............

Nerd
3rd August 2010, 12:02 AM
Ushaji,

I am not here pass judgemental remarks on one's ego and I do not care either. I love Raja sir's songs and Rajini's acting - as simple as that.

tvsankar
3rd August 2010, 12:04 AM
Nerd,
Got it.

bingleguy
3rd August 2010, 12:06 AM
adi varamalayae parthukaradhu peru - Vesham.. Samarthiyam...

hello Usha-nga .... adi vizhAmal pAthukkardhu sAmarthiyam onnu - agreed ......

why vEsham ????? :roll:

tvsankar
3rd August 2010, 12:10 AM
bingleguy,

vesham - enbadhu - oruvar mel varum kobam , verupu
pondra gunagalai maraithu kodnu

Edho o ru cinemavil varum - Kitti - siritha mugamaga - villanga varuvarae...

adhai pola...

siritha mugam - Nalla gunama?

or

Naan nenachen ippadi nu express panradhu - manasukul vaithu maraithu kollamal express seiyvadhu - ketta guanama?

bingleguy
3rd August 2010, 12:17 AM
Usha -nga ....

I agree on your perspective ....

but ethanayo pEr bayathudan amaidhiyA irukkAngalE .... adai vEsham nnu solla mudiyumA?

udharanathukku - vishayam terindhu irundhaalum - namakku en vambu - idhai en solli nama en mAttikkanum nnu ninaikkiravanga .... eppavum oru punnagaiyoda irukkalame ..... adu mutrilum vesham illiyE .... oru vidha bayam - (not exactly kozhaithanam)

//:roll: may be i am deviating from the topic - sorry for the digression

jaiganes
3rd August 2010, 12:20 AM

How naive you can be? Amazing.
from the days of baasha, podi vechcha punch dialaaks irundhaa "Hype" and collection is Urudhi. He engaged in it actively as long as the political climate was favourable. The moment his "unsure" attitude towards politics and his "eventual himalayas retirement plan" started costing him and when the you know who family started firming their grip on the political atmosphere, we see a milder guy persona asking and going many steps further to insert an irrelevant dialogue distancing himself as much as possible from punch dialaaks and further more - transferring the ownership and therein the blame to some "unknown writer".
8 8aa vaazhkayai pirithavar ippodhu nirkum 8 edhu? (karuththu solradhula idhukkum vivek sollum pon mozhigalukkum vidhiyaasam enna?)
Now the cat is out of the bag from his own mouth when he says that he focusses and does more homework on his punch dialogues and that is his creative contribution to the movie. why then scream earlier and say "Punch dialoguaaa? naana adhu oru vazhippokkan ezudhunadhu? naan summa vedikkai paakaravan paa". Duplicity in standpoints pretty much underlines the malaise we have - rendu book padicha poadhum - confidentaa saamiyaar maadhiri kaamichukalaam illainna arasiyal thalaivar aaidalaam - spirituality paththi muththu udhirkalaam, ivan nallavan, avan kettavannu certification tharalaam - edhuvum prachinai illai - because no one is gonna bother to think about what is being said - Melottama paatha nithyanandhavaye Paramporulnnu namburavanga irukkara ooru dhaane idhu.

tvsankar
3rd August 2010, 12:27 AM
Usha -nga ....

but ethanayo pEr bayathudan amaidhiyA irukkAngalE .... adai vEsham nnu solla mudiyumA?

udharanathukku - vishayam terindhu irundhaalum - namakku en vambu - idhai en solli nama en mAttikkanum nnu ninaikkiravanga .... eppavum oru punnagaiyoda irukkalame ..... adu mutrilum vesham illiyE .... oru vidha bayam - (not exactly kozhaithanam)

idhai than solren - pozhapa keduthuka kudadhu.... gara suyanalam........

adhanala - pesama , siricha mugama irukalam....

ana, sathiyama idhuku peru humble ilai.

Kashta patalum, kashta paduthinalum - laabam nashtam parkamal,

porumaiya irukanam. UNMAIYA IRUKANAM. (Behind the screen la - velai seiya kudadhu.) adhuku peru dhan

Ego less. Humble.....

jaiganes
3rd August 2010, 12:29 AM
Usha -nga ....

ppl need guts to accept their fears.
business ppl are the ones with the most fear.
Instead of saying I dont care about what you say sir, I will smoke on screen - thats what the character does - you dont have any rights to ask that - one person says I will start using chewing gum. Same person says even wine drinker also can be a siddha. why because there is no more fear about the gang that took the film box and ran away into cashew forest and that he is fully "protected politically". This kinda fearless persona is the "Meignaani". Very funny. I like the persona of Rajini, the acting skills of rajini, but this "Siddha purusha certifying" authority dropping spiritual pearls under the protection of political forces is just a "Maaya bimbam" and if some one is a fan of that entity's acting, then they need to discern the image from reality.
On the overall - indha mike kedachcha thaththuvam solravangala paathaale paavamaa irukku.

Nerd
3rd August 2010, 12:32 AM
oru sila mannerism, dialogueskku naan work pannuvEn was his statement. How can you be so sure all political punches were written by him. And in fact if you had followed him closely, there have been political punches right from 6-60 to to thanikkaattu raja to Guru sishyan to mappillai to batsha. So you mean to say he wrote all that right from 6 to 60? Even if thats the case, whats your point? Everybody has their own opinions about spirituality etc. he just said *his* opinion. He has his, you have yours, I have mine. I like some of his, may be I like some of yours too. Fair enough.

bingleguy
3rd August 2010, 12:39 AM
Usha -nga ....

Instead of saying I dont care about what you say sir, I will smoke on screen - thats what the character does - you dont have any rights to ask that - one person says I will start using chewing gum. Same person says even wine drinker also can be a siddha. why because there is no more fear about the gang that took the film box and ran away into cashew forest and that he is fully "protected politically". This kinda fearless persona is the "Meignaani". Very funny. I like the persona of Rajini, the acting skills of rajini, but this "Siddha purusha certifying" authority dropping spiritual pearls under the protection of political forces is just a "Maaya bimbam" and if some one is a fan of that entity's acting, then they need to discern the image from reality.
On the overall - indha mike kedachcha thaththuvam solravangala paathaale paavamaa irukku.

achicho rama .... JAI :) nAn Rajini yai base panni indha question kekkalai .... it was just that i had a doubt on vEsham's part in saving one's self :)

jaiganes
3rd August 2010, 01:11 AM
Usha -nga ....

achicho rama .... JAI :) nAn Rajini yai base panni indha question kekkalai .... it was just that i had a doubt on vEsham's part in saving one's self :)

bayapdaadheenga. ugala maadhiri unmai pesara dhairiya saaliyai paathu romba naalaachu. :-)

jaiganes
3rd August 2010, 01:18 AM
oru sila mannerism, dialogueskku naan work pannuvEn was his statement. How can you be so sure all political punches were written by him. And in fact if you had followed him closely, there have been political punches right from 6-60 to to thanikkaattu raja to Guru sishyan to mappillai to batsha. So you mean to say he wrote all that right from 6 to 60? Even if thats the case, whats your point? Everybody has their own opinions about spirituality etc. he just said *his* opinion. He has his, you have yours, I have mine. I like some of his, may be I like some of yours too. Fair enough.

"Andha maadhiri" punch dialogues ennudhilla vera yaarodadho !=(Not equal to) "I work specially on punch dialogues".
Thats precisely my point - Rajini = shrewd business man and a good actor. Spirituality is just so obviously put on so that even ppl like vivek can write a rap song on...

app_engine
3rd August 2010, 01:20 AM

மைக் கெடச்சா ஏதாவது சொன்னாத்தானே ரசமா இருக்கும்?

ராசா சொல்லலையா 'இறைவனுக்கு எதுக்குப்புகழ்'ன்னு? (அல்லது அது மாதிரி ஏதோ ஒரு வெவகாரமான டயலாக்?)

இப்படியெல்லாம் இவங்க ஏதாவது உபகாரம் பண்ணாத்தானே ஹப்பர்கள் பொளப்பு ஓடும்?

bingleguy
3rd August 2010, 01:24 AM

மைக் கெடச்சா ஏதாவது சொன்னாத்தானே ரசமா இருக்கும்?

ராசா சொல்லலையா 'இறைவனுக்கு எதுக்குப்புகழ்'ன்னு? (அல்லது அது மாதிரி ஏதோ ஒரு வெவகாரமான டயலாக்?)

இப்படியெல்லாம் இவங்க ஏதாவது உபகாரம் பண்ணாத்தானே ஹப்பர்கள் பொளப்பு ஓடும்?

:omg: app :)

Sureshs65
3rd August 2010, 01:27 AM
Relevance police alert !!! (Or should it be relevance Robot alert !!!) Get back to track. Ennaku relevant post venum DOT.

Just kidding. Let's get back to the thread. I agree with app_eng. If only they speak like this, hubber can ensoy :)

app_engine
3rd August 2010, 01:31 AM
Ennaku relevant post venum DOT.

சரி, பிடிங்க, உங்க ஃபேவரிட் ப்ளாக் :
http://geniusraja.blogspot.com/2010/08/techno-baroque-melody-perspective.html

Plum
3rd August 2010, 08:51 AM
[tscii:b15255bd95]Oru raathri thoongi ezhundhukka solla ithini damaal dumeelA!

Nammma araicha maavai araichundurukkom. IR, Rajni ellOrumE materialistic dhAn. Spiritualism is an in progress thing for them. Rendu p$Eru karuthugaLilEyum namakku thappu, oppu irukkalAm.

Personally, I don't agree that lack of ego can be the reason for success. Rahman's success is due to talent, not his lack of ego. Even Deva is known to be humble, ego-less(producer enna sonnaalum apdoiyE copy adippaar :lol:) adhukkAga Deva Rahman aayittArA?

OrutharOda success is a combo of talent, timing, fate and relationship building. Lack of ego can be a tool towards relationship building avLo dhaan. To place it in a pedestal as the key driver of success is naďve.[/tscii:b15255bd95]

entertainment
3rd August 2010, 10:02 AM
The great Kannadhasan Ayya lyric pops up in my mind:

Budhdhiyulla manidhanellam vettri kanbadhillai
Vettri petra manidharellaam budhdhisaaliyillai

*Not to pull anyone*. Who am I to judge somebody's success or talent.

I am sharing my own belief. I strongly feel that Talent and Luck will together bring a person to the light than either one of'em.

I personally like Raja sir just for his outspoken attitude. Ofcourse he gets confused at times (even that is because he is not preparing anything for interview/speech, so we should not blow it up. Infact that will happen to everyone. Thatz why Kamal says he used to do rehearsal for anything that he do)

Sureshs65
3rd August 2010, 11:42 AM
app_eng,

Thanks for the link. You posted it earlier :) I keep a tab on Ravi's blog and this time he has listed some of my favourite songs!! I am sure Plum will also love all those Malayalam songs :)

Plum: Agree with your statement completely. :lol: reg Deva.

rajasaranam
3rd August 2010, 12:17 PM
That is not 'azhagu'. That is our birthright!!! :) I mean, with no disrespect to any other MD, sometimes only IR fossible
:lol:

Amaan disrespect'thaannu solla enna Bayam? Namellam Gound's rasigargal Illaiyaa :lol:

Sureshs65
3rd August 2010, 12:31 PM
RS,

It is very difficult to comment at Gounder level :) He is in a different class by himself.

rooky
3rd August 2010, 09:37 PM
http://sify.com/movies/telugu/fullstory.php?id=14951477

what is this about. it says , "while talking about IR's music in chinnarayudu".

Is that not an old telugu movie?

K
3rd August 2010, 10:10 PM
Chinna gouder remake in telugu= Chinnarayudu

Sureshs65
4th August 2010, 06:15 PM
One of my friends posted this on Twitter today. Everyone is konfuse :)

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Sukhwinder-sings-for-SRK/Article1-582118.aspx

Sanjeevi
4th August 2010, 07:21 PM
One of my friends posted this on Twitter today. Everyone is konfuse :)

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Sukhwinder-sings-for-SRK/Article1-582118.aspx

ennayya nadakkuthu angE

Fliflo
4th August 2010, 08:13 PM
BTW, according to wikipedia Ra. 1 MD is Vishal-Shekar. What is IR doing in this?? Just composing 1 song?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ra.One

Sureshs65
4th August 2010, 08:57 PM
Sanjeevi / Flifo,

Yup. Everyone is confused. It is known that Vishal-Shekar are the MDs of Ra1 but the article unambiguously says that Sukhwinder has sung for this movie under Raja. So is Raja composing one song as he did in 'Lajja'? Not sure.

Plum
4th August 2010, 09:01 PM
Wait guts, There's a movie called SRK! If I am not wrong a remake of COA

app_engine
4th August 2010, 09:07 PM

அது கலைப்படம் / அவார்ட் படம் வகையறா தானே? அதுல எப்படி சுக்விந்தர், பலே பலே, பங்றா எல்லாம்?

இந்துஸ்தான் டைம்ஸ்'ல யாரோ ஒரு ராசா விசிறி இருக்கார்னு நெனக்கேன்...ஆர்வக்கோளாறுல கற்பனையை செய்தி மாதிரிப்போட்டுட்டாரோ என்னமோ :-)

app_engine
4th August 2010, 09:09 PM
இதுல ஹப்ல செய்யற மாதிரி ராசா/ ரஹ்மான் ஒப்பிடல் கேள்வி வேற :lol:

அடப்போங்க சார்...

AravindMano
4th August 2010, 09:50 PM
Umm. Namakkunu varudhu paarunga confusion.

Shreya ghoshal tweets that Some elusive Shukhiji sings for Raja.

Shukvindar singh has sung for 9 hours for Raja.

Shukvindar singh has sung for Sharukh Khan. Adhuvum lip sync-Oda.

Sharukh Khan is SRK.

Raja is composing for a film called SRK. Atleast we believe so.

Sharukh Khan has only one raw project now, Ra - One. But music is by Vishal Shekar.

vERa edhaachum vittutEnaa?

AravindMano
4th August 2010, 10:01 PM

COA... na.... Chidhambaraththil Oru Appaasamy?! :frightened:

app_engine
4th August 2010, 10:06 PM
AravindMano,
The only thing you missed was some news about YSR recording in Mumbai - Hindi song for Thamizhppadam, Thamizh song for indhippadam etc :-) iLaya / yuva ellAm onnu thAnEnnu reporter might have translated / confused also.

May be singers nowadays don't have much clue as to which movie (or MD) they sing for:-)

At least one thing is definitely true - singers aren't sure whether what they sing will make it to the disk / movie or not. This was told by a colleague in a previous project whose sister is a playback singer (had some hits with YSR).

Sometime back blogs were talking about Shreya G singing / recording for IR for pA etc. Finally, no Sherya song for pA.

I think it's meaningless to talk about IR's indhi ventures until the disk / movie actually come out :-(

Sureshs65
4th August 2010, 10:11 PM
I think it's meaningless to talk about IR's indhi ventures until the disk / movie actually come out :-(

Very true app. 'ippidi usupethi usupethiye odamba ranagalam aakitanga' :lol:

Sureshs65
4th August 2010, 10:11 PM
Arvind Mano,

Nice compilation of the confusion :)

AravindMano
4th August 2010, 10:14 PM
AravindMano,

Hmm :)

Sometime back blogs were talking about Shreya G singing / recording for IR for pA etc. Finally, no Sherya song for pA.

Yeah. i think she too mentioned in Twitter that songs were repeatedly recorded and deleted for Paa.

Sureshji - Thanks. yEdho ennaala mudinjadhu!

Sanjeevi
4th August 2010, 10:51 PM

I think you are correct. But I will be happy if it is wrong :wink:

Sureshs65
5th August 2010, 12:51 AM
I think you are correct. But I will be happy if it is wrong :wink:

.. and I will be happy if 'Happi' is released. How long will they keep the movie under wraps after all the publicity?

vssathish
5th August 2010, 12:07 PM
http://www.bollywood.com/sukhwinder-sings-srk

By Hindustan Times

Mumbai, Aug. 4 -- Playback singer Sukhwinder Singh has recorded a song to be lip-synched by Shah Rukh Khan in Ra.One. This is Singh's third song for Khan in 13 years. 'Chaiyya chaiyya' (Dil Se..) and 'Haule haule' (Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi) were chartbusters.

Would this song hit high notes too? "I'm not an astrologer, so I can't predict that. With my experience as a playback singer for the last 15-16 years, I know that this song, like the previous two, matches Shah Rukh's personality and might become synonymous with Ra.One," asserts Singh.

The song has been composed by South stalwart Ilayaraja. "It's the first time in my career that I recorded a song for nine hours, non-stop. The song is worth our effort because it sounds fresh and different from the work I've done lately. It's quite subdued," Singh adds.

Sporting encounter

Singh also recorded the title track for Chak De! India, which featured Shah Rukh Khan but he didn't lip-sync it. The playback singer is not disappointed. "The song was filmed in such a way that it still had Shah Rukh's energy and the enthusiasm of the girls in the hockey team. It was their anthem. Had it been picturised only on Shah Rukh, it wouldn't have translated well on screen and the country-wide impact the song made would have been lost," explains Singh.

So, which South stalwart does he prefer: Oscar-winner AR Rahman or Ilayaraja? Singh answers diplomatically, "It's unfair to compare their style of working or their compositions. I've worked closely with Rahman and he hasn't changed as a person and professional. Ilayaraja is someone I learnt tremendously from in the course of this song."

Singh, popular for his high-pitched numbers, was expected to be present for the launch of the Rafi Academy in the city on the weekend. "I'm a Rafi fan. On Saturday, I was stuck somewhere and couldn't make it to the launch," he grouses. "I'm happy that his son has opened an avenue for youngsters to learn music and learn about the rare gem, Mohd Rafi."

:P

vssathish
5th August 2010, 12:19 PM
Wiki links says Ra 1 music by Vishal sekhar and Ilayaraaja

Plum
5th August 2010, 01:41 PM
idhu thEvaiyA?
"South Composer Illayaraja steps in for one lacklustre number which pales in comparison to the sparkling soundtrack created by Vishal-Shekar"
apdinnu North Indies magazines/portals ellAm review paNNum. :evil:

raagas
5th August 2010, 01:51 PM
Wiki links says Ra 1 music by Vishal sekhar and Ilayaraaja

Ilaiyaraaja seems to be added there only in the last 24hours. I have checked this wiki page yesterday and it was only VS. I think someone added it after seeing the news article. But my question is: Is that news article accurate enough, in the first place?

Plum
5th August 2010, 02:01 PM
Ah! That is a good point, raagas.

Sanjeevi
5th August 2010, 02:20 PM
And even the person who added Ilayaraja name in Ra One used the same hindustantimes link as citation. So there is only one news (probably wrong) which is rotating its round.

Sureshs65
5th August 2010, 04:21 PM
Sanjeevi,

I don't think the article is wrong because it is very specific on multiple counts. About Sukhwinder, about Shah Rukh Khan lip sync, about Ra 1, Raja-Rahman comparison etc. There is definitely no confusion in the article and the news looks genuine. What is confusing is the role of Raja in this movie.

As raagas pointed out, we need not take Wiki seriously. Anyone can edit the link and give some details. So until we hear from the production house itself, we need to wait and watch.

Sureshs65
5th August 2010, 04:27 PM
idhu thEvaiyA?
"South Composer Illayaraja steps in for one lacklustre number which pales in comparison to the sparkling soundtrack created by Vishal-Shekar"
apdinnu North Indies magazines/portals ellAm review paNNum. :evil:

True. Added to it Sukhwinder has mentioned that the song was unlike what he usually sings!! And that it is a mellow number. So I will not be surprised if some Bollywood reviewer cuts your words and pastes them in his review!!!

Fliflo
5th August 2010, 07:13 PM
The same even appears in SRK's blog

http://shahrukhkhanz.blogspot.com/2010/08/sukhwinder-sings-for-srk.html

Fliflo
5th August 2010, 07:18 PM
& here too

http://srkthedon.blogspot.com/2010/08/sukhwinder-sings-for-shahrukh-khan.html

So, the news sounds to be reliable

AravindMano
5th August 2010, 08:58 PM
Fiflo - All these originate from one source, the paper which published the interview. The blogs are maintained by fans and all they do is to a search on SRK and paste every news article. So please don't have any hope :)

Plum
5th August 2010, 09:16 PM
In any case, saarug gaan padathukku isai amaikkaradhellAm oru periya vishayamA?

app_engine
5th August 2010, 09:30 PM
In any case, saarug gaan padathukku isai amaikkaradhellAm oru periya vishayamA?

மெதுவா சொல்லுங்க ப்ளம், யாராச்சும் வந்து 'புளிப்புத்திராட்சை'ன்னு சொல்லீறப்போறாய்ங்க.

The actual problem is this thread (and the matter) are inactive, after a flurry of output in 2009.

Anything seems to be welcome for people...

Sanjeevi
5th August 2010, 11:42 PM
don't know already posted or not

http://cablesankar.blogspot.com/2010/07/5.html
http://www.saravanakumaran.com/2009/10/blog-post_23.html

and
http://radiospathy.blogspot.com/2010/08/blog-post.html

I am sure, Ilayaraja and his music are the ever green topics in tamil blogs :)

kingvj
5th August 2010, 11:42 PM
My wild guess is, there is a movie 'SRK' that is in the cans for long in which Sukhwinder would have sung for IR... someone mistook it as SRK's movie and went ahead creating ruckus... unless the fact remains otherwise..! :-)

raagas
6th August 2010, 04:47 AM
My wild guess is, there is a movie 'SRK' that is in the cans for long in which Sukhwinder would have sung for IR... someone mistook it as SRK's movie and went ahead creating ruckus... unless the fact remains otherwise..! :-)

SRK has been lying in cans since long. So we can assume that the songs have been recorded long back.Even lyricist Gulzar confirmed that.

But this is a new one. Recording was done recently.as recent as 4-5 days ago.

vssathish
6th August 2010, 05:39 PM
Ra1 can wait, say yes to Farah: SRK
tHIS might be the reason why Raaja is stepping innn

http://www.mid-day.com/entertainment/2010/feb/250210-Shahrukh-Khan-Ra1-Tees-Maar-Khan-Vishal-Shekhar.htm

By: Tushar Joshi Date: 2010-02-25 Place: Mumbai

Shah Rukh doesn't want to delay Tees Maar Khan, tells composer duo (common to both films) Vishal-Shekhar to score music for her film

Shah Rukh and Farah might have fallen out professionally, but they are still friends. Both have projects that are going on the floor shortly. While SRK is getting ready to roll his fantasy action Ra1, Farah begins shooting for Tees Maar Khan in less than a week.

Both SRK and Farah have composer duo Vishal-Shekhar scoring music for their films. And it could've been an awkward situation for the duo. Ultimately, it worked out well.

Simultaneously
When Shah Rukh heard that Farah's film was going on floors first, he told the music directors to give her the dates they had blocked for Ra1. He didn't want Tees Maar Khan to get delayed because of the music score. However, the music directors couldn't delay SRK's film either, as Ra1 director Anubhav Sinha is eager to begin shooting. So the composers decided to work on both the films simultaneously.

No issues here
Vishal confirms, "Both Farah and SRK allow comfort and space for each other's recordings. So, both are being recorded simultaneously. Our dates and schedules are mapped out and pretty soild, so no issues there. Luckily, the styles for both films are so different that we get to try new and different things for both."

While Ra1 will have a more futuristic score, Tees Maar Khan will have a popular mainstream sound for the masses.

midday

app_engine
6th August 2010, 08:19 PM
என்னவோ ரெண்டு படத்துக்கு ஒரே சமயத்துல மீசிக் போடறது அதிசயம் மாதிரிப்பேசறானுக :-(

நெல்ல்லம :-(

Fliflo
6th August 2010, 09:17 PM
Usually, IR won't agree for this kinda thing :roll:

Enna nadanthaalum Nallathaa Nadantha Sari.
:P

AravindMano
6th August 2010, 09:36 PM
Selva, director of 'Thalaivaasal', is making 'Naanga', a college campus story set in 1985. Bala Bharathi is composing the music. in his interview he mentions that Raja's music would be a 'character' in the film and would come through out the film.

Sureshs65
6th August 2010, 10:15 PM
I read a tweet which said that Vishal-Shekar have tweeted that they are very much the music directors of Ra1. So now clue on the Sukhwinder story now !!!

K
7th August 2010, 11:00 AM
http://cinema.nakkheeran.in/Talkies.aspx?T=510

Vairamuthu Son is not working with Raja .

AravindMano
7th August 2010, 01:10 PM
Vishal, one of the composers of Ra One on Twitter (https://twitter.com/V1SH4L), mentions to someone's query about some Akon composing for Ra One and says music is by the duo only. He also mentions that he recorded an idea on August second for Ra One.

So i guess Sukhwinder singh sang for both Raja and the duo. Raja's film is not yet known, not announced, could be SRK, Happi or Balki's next film or anything else, not Ra One.

His account is not verified, but i could see Shreya Ghoshal responding to his tweets, so should be the composer himself.

Sunil_M88
7th August 2010, 09:01 PM
Hi, could somebody please tell me what is the name of the instrumental song playing before the Vikram clip arrives in this link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rliiXr7wA7A

Where could I find this song?

AravindMano
7th August 2010, 09:37 PM
Sunil_M88 - You can listen to it here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBpFOpWVf2s&feature=related)

Sunil_M88
7th August 2010, 10:09 PM
Thanks a million.

app_engine
10th August 2010, 01:29 AM
இந்த ஆளை ராசா என்னமோ பெரிய அளவில் வெறுப்பேத்தியிருக்காரோ? மீட்டிங் போட்டு உளறிக்கொண்டிருக்காராம். (http://roza-thuli.blogspot.com/2010/08/blog-post.html)

app_engine
10th August 2010, 02:26 AM
Hearing this story for the first time (http://moonramkonam.blogspot.com/2010/08/old-tamil-cinema-spb-bharathiraja.html)

That 16 vayadhinilE had "track singing" :roll:

In any case, it has two facts
- that SPB's first song for BR was in NMP which was BR's 5th movie after 4 silver jubilee hits
-and that IR/BR/SPB were close even before 16 vayadhinilE

Sanjeevi
10th August 2010, 06:26 PM
Is ilayaraja doing one of 11 stories in Mumbai Cutting? (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0006137/)

http://www.glamsham.com/movies/previews/12-mumbai-cutting-movie-preview-050816.asp

app_engine
10th August 2010, 07:30 PM
Sanjeevi, "பத்தோட பதினொண்ணா?"
:shock:

jaiganes
10th August 2010, 07:57 PM
must be either bhava or karthik scoring music for Revathy's short in mumbai cutting.

AravindMano
10th August 2010, 08:30 PM
Idhu romba pazhaiya kadhainga!

http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=13634&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=195

And while we are at, talking about his Hindi films, can we probe more into this episodic film "Mumbai Cutting", which has 11 stories and one of them, directed by actress Revathi, would have Ilaiyaraaja's music.

Link: http://www.gomolo.in/Movie/Movie.aspx?mid=21142

AravindMano
10th August 2010, 08:44 PM
Sunil_M88 - My pleasure!

Sanjeevi
10th August 2010, 10:24 PM
Sanjeevi, "பத்தோட பதினொண்ணா?"
:shock:

vssathish
11th August 2010, 09:14 AM
Surprise !!! Surprise

Raaja has signed an off-beat movie "Azhagarsamiyin Kuthirai" directed by Suseendran (Vennila kabiddi kuzhu / Naan mahan all fame)

Surprise - Produced by Gautham Vasudev menon

Source : Today's Times of India ad

AravindMano
11th August 2010, 09:21 AM
Gautham Vasudev Menon's next co-production, 'Azhagarsaamiyin Kudhirai', directed by 'Vennila kabadi kuzhu' director Suseendhran, with 'Isaignani Ilaiyaraja's Music', says the paper ad. Film features Sharanya Mohan and Appu Kutty (who played a role in Vennila Kabadi Kuzhu'). No lyricist is mentioned. The film is about a dwarf and a horse. The paper ad features the lead pair posing after marriage and a horse next to them.

Azhagarsaamiyin Kudhirai is a popular short story written by Bhaskar Shakthi. It was mentioned as one of the best hundred short stories written in Tamil, a list made by writer S.Ramakrishnan. The connect between the film and the story is yet to be known - Bhaskar Shakthi has been credited in the poster.

Unrelated news - GVM's other two productions, 'Nadunisi NaaygaL' (no songs, no background score - as of now) directed by Gautham himself, and 'Veppam' directed by a debutant with Joshua Sridhar's music - are ready for release. Director Suseendhran's 'Naan Mahaan Alla' is also ready for release.

Sounds promising! :thumbsup:

AravindMano
11th August 2010, 09:24 AM
vssathish - Naan dhaan first sollalaam nu irundhEn :cry3: :)

Anyways, great news indeed. Surprising yes - I usually look for the MD's name first and couldn't recognize one. Then saw 'Gautham menon presents' - then saw Suseendhran's name - and then at the top 'Isaignani Ilayaraja's music' - I went 'Whaaaa'! Made my morning :)

vssathish
11th August 2010, 09:27 AM
Arvind

I think if things fall in place, raaja might score BGM for Gautham menon directed movie Nadunisaiyin naiygal

Lets wait and see

AravindMano
11th August 2010, 09:31 AM
KaalailErndhu naaanum adhE dhaan thinking :lol:

Sanjeevi
11th August 2010, 12:04 PM
:bluejump:

http://tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/Hotnews/2010/august/110810b.asp

hmmm paarppom

Plum
11th August 2010, 12:29 PM
poRumai. poRumai. Nandhalala mAdhiri "la la la la la" project aagida pOvudhu :evil:

AravindMano
11th August 2010, 12:38 PM
Sanjeevi - Couldn't access the link, blocked here. Article about 'Azhagarsamiyin Kudhirai'?

Sanjeevi
11th August 2010, 12:57 PM
Sanjeevi - Couldn't access the link, blocked here. Article about 'Azhagarsamiyin Kudhirai'?

It says like Nandalala will be released soon :)

AravindMano
11th August 2010, 01:00 PM
Oh ok, thanks!

venkkiram
11th August 2010, 05:35 PM
மிகவும் எதிர்பார்த்துக் கொண்டிருக்கும் நந்தலாலா, தாண்டவக்கோனே படங்களின் வரிசையில் அழகர்சாமியின் குதிரையும் சேர்ந்து கொண்டது எனக்கு. வெள்ளித்திரைக்கு விரைவில் வரணும்!

Fliflo
11th August 2010, 07:25 PM
[tscii:26c46fc8a8]IR for Gowtham Menon's movie :)

http://cinema.nakkheeran.in/Talkies.aspx?T=521

இளையராஜா இசையில் கௌதம் மேனன்

விளம்பரப் பந்தாக்கள் எதுவும் இல்லாமல், மக்களின் வாய்மொழி வாழ்த்துகளால் மட்டுமே மிகப்பெரிய வெற்றியைப் பெற்றப்படம் ‘வெண்ணிலா கபடிக்குழு’. தமிழில் மட்டுமில்லாமல் தெலுங்கிலும் இந்தப் படம் பெரிய அளவில் ஹிட்டானது. இதனால் இந்த ஒரே படத்தின் மூலம் வெற்றிப்பட இயக்குனர் என்ற அடையாளச்சிறப்பை பெற்றார் சுசீந்திரன்.

எதார்த்தமான கதையமைப்பில் தனது முதல் படம் தந்த இவர், தற்போது அதிரடி ஆக்ťஷனாக தரவிருக்கும் படம் ‘நான் மகான் அல்ல’.

இந்தப் படம் அதிரடி படமானாலும் இதிலும் ஒரு அழுத்தமான கதையினை சுசீந்திரன் அமைத்துள்ளார். இதில் நடித்துள்ள கார்த்தி மற்றும் காஜல் அகர்வால் ஆகியோரின் நடிப்பு பேசப்படும். அந்த அளவுக்கு அவர்களின் கதாப்பாத்திரம் உருவாக்கப்பட்டுள்ளதாம். சுசீந்திரனின் ‘நான் மகான் அல்ல’ படம் சுதந்திர தினக் கொண்டாட்டமாக ஆகஸ்ட் 13ந் தேதி வெளியாகிறது.

இந்நிலையில், தனது அடுத்தப் படமான “அழகர்சாமியின் குதிரை” படத்தை தொடங்கிவிட்டார் சுசீந்திரன். வெண்ணிலா கபடிக்குழு கதாநாயகி சரண்யா மோகன் தான் இதிலும் நாயகி.

இந்தப் படத்தை கௌதம் மேனனின் ‘ஃபோட்டான் ஃபேக்டரி’ படநிறுவனம் தயாரிக்கிறது. இளையராஜா இசை அமைக்கிறார்.

‘அழகர்சாமியின் குதிரை’ படபூஜையினை முடித்துவிட்டு படப்பிடிப்புத் தளத்தில் தனது ஓட்டத்தைத் துவங்க ஆயத்தமாகிவிட்டது.

இந்தப் படத்தின் விளம்பரப் போஸ்டரைப் பார்க்கும்போதே படம் எந்த அளவிற்கு எதார்த்தமும், அழுத்தமும் கொண்டிருக்கும் என்பது தெளிவாகிறது.இப்போதே ஒருவித எதிர்பார்ப்பை இந்தப் படம் ஏற்படுத்துகிறது.

கௌதம் மேனன் தன்னை இளையராஜாவின் ரசிகன் என்று அடிக்கடி சொல்வதுண்டு. இருந்தாலும் இதுவரை அவரது படத்தில் இளையராஜா இசையமைப்பதற்கான சூழல் ஏற்படவில்லை. இப்போது கௌதம் மேனன் தயாரிக்கும் இந்தப் படத்தில் இளையராஜா இசையமைப்பதை அவர் பெருமையாக நினைக்கிறாராம்.

இளையராஜா சட்டென்று எல்லாப் படத்திற்கும் இசையமைக்க சம்மதிப்பதில்லை. படத்தின் கதையும், கதாபாத்திரங்களும் நன்றாக பொருந்தி இருக்கும் படமானால் மட்டுமே அவர் இசையமைப்பார்.

இது பற்றி ஒரு முறை அவரே, “ இசையமைப்பது என்பது வெறும் தொழில் மட்டுமல்ல. அது எனக்கு ஆத்மார்த்தமான உணர்வு. படத்தின் கதையமைப்புத் தன்மையும், கதாபாத்திரங்களின் உன்னதமும் எனக்கு பிடித்திருக்க வேண்டும். அப்படி இருந்தால் மட்டுமே இசையமைப்பேன்” என்று கூறியுள்ளார்.

இப்படி ஒரு கொள்கையை வகுத்துக் கொண்டுள்ள இளையராஜா இசையமைக்கிறார் என்றால், படம் எப்படிப்பட்டது என்பதை இப்போதே உணர முடிகிறது. சுசீந்திரன் - இளையாராஜா - கௌதம்மேனன் ஆகியோரின் கூட்டணியே படத்தின் சிறப்பை சிகரத்தின் விளக்காய் வெளிச்சப்படுத்துகிறது.

அழகர்சாமியின் குதிரை வெற்றிப்பட்டு கட்ட வருகிறது... [/tscii:26c46fc8a8]

Fliflo
11th August 2010, 07:28 PM
Ore Build-up-aa irukku, Vazhakkam Pola :O

vem
11th August 2010, 10:51 PM
The press always cuts a wide swathe whenever they comment on IR's movie. It begins with too much build up as usual, and then the news fizzles out with either the music/movie being too bad or the movie being dumped unceremoniously for some unknown reason.

But, there is a small hope here since I have heard that Goutham Menon is a no nonsense guy. So, the film should see the light, and I sincerely hope IR weaves his magic once again.

MelHarmony
12th August 2010, 05:20 AM
Read Bhavana interview sometime back that Happi releases in September...any idea if the songs are getting released prior to that....

Fliflo
12th August 2010, 05:24 AM
same news from different source

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/aug-10-02/gautham-menon-ilayaraja-11-08-10.html

rooky
12th August 2010, 11:52 AM
:bluejump:

http://tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/Hotnews/2010/august/110810b.asp

hmmm paarppom

coincidence....listened to Nandhalala after a while...."Mella oorndhu.." very pleasing and very touching..

raagas
12th August 2010, 12:08 PM
Ok, something tells me that we will suddenly have many releases.
I am not sure about Tamil/Kannada/Malayalam. But in Hindi, Happi will be coming soon.

And in telugu, we have Gaayam-2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Whj33GFSElA

app_engine
12th August 2010, 07:58 PM
Article by a NI columnist living in SI (http://www.mid-day.com/opinion/2010/aug/120810-South-India-Madrasi-Opinion-Idli-Sambar.htm)

With a good half of my life spent in two of the four states, things changed considerably. Sambar rice turned comfort food, timelessness was more easily associated with Ilayaraja than Burman and my caste came right at the top of any form I filled.

vem
12th August 2010, 11:46 PM
IR's arrogance looks like an anachronism now.

He is so humble and polite in this to Vaali.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKu1SbSxrZU&feature=related

AravindMano
13th August 2010, 10:16 PM
ஆன்மீகத்தில் இது வரை ரமணருக்காக மட்டுமே இசையமைத்த இசைஞானி இளையராஜா, இப்போது ஷீரடி சாய்பாபாவுக்காக இசையமைத்திருக்கிறார். இதில் பாம்பே ஜெயஸ்ரீ பாடிய நாற்பது நிமிட பஜனும் இடம்பெறுகிறது. வாலி எட்டு பாடல்களும் இளையராஜா இரண்டு பாடல்களும் எழுதி இருக்கிறார்கள். ஹைலைட்டாக நூறு குழந்தைகள் சேர்ந்து ஒரு பாடலை பாடியிருக்கிறார்கள்.

Fliflo
14th August 2010, 07:36 AM
Bhava's Nothing But Wind telecasted in Jaya TV at 1:30 PM on August 15th.

naarayanan
14th August 2010, 08:07 PM
Recently Arunprakash, mridangist had praised raja in his interview on the hindu.

//You have a special interest in film music...

Yes. I am a diehard fan of Ilaiyaraaja. Film music stops with him, as far as I am concerned. I can speak volumes about his compositional and orchestral values to justify my stand. (He sings an old hit of Ilaiyaraaja with the BGM and explains the intricacies). Similarly his re-recordings are out of the world. Having heard me sing, he also offered me a song. That it did not fructify is my bad luck. I admire MSV equally who has gifted us with immortal melodies.............//

http://www.hindu.com/fr/2010/08/13/stories/2010081351110200.htm

naarayanan
14th August 2010, 08:10 PM
ஆன்மீகத்தில் இது வரை ரமணருக்காக மட்டுமே இசையமைத்த இசைஞானி இளையராஜா, இப்போது ஷீரடி சாய்பாபாவுக்காக இசையமைத்திருக்கிறார். இதில் பாம்பே ஜெயஸ்ரீ பாடிய நாற்பது நிமிட பஜனும் இடம்பெறுகிறது. வாலி எட்டு பாடல்களும் இளையராஜா இரண்டு பாடல்களும் எழுதி இருக்கிறார்கள். ஹைலைட்டாக நூறு குழந்தைகள் சேர்ந்து ஒரு பாடலை பாடியிருக்கிறார்கள்.

He has tuned for Murugan, Ambal and even the movie 'shirdi saibaba' had raja's music only.

Bala (Karthik)
14th August 2010, 11:01 PM

Really looking forward!

K
15th August 2010, 08:57 AM
[tscii:9a27f8921b]http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Chennai/article570988.ece
Book on Semmangudi released

“I have done nothing for music. But, music has done many things for me,” said music composer Ilayaraja.[/tscii:9a27f8921b]

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
15th August 2010, 02:13 PM
Nothing But Wind Live going on Jaya Tv Now

Nerd
16th August 2010, 01:22 AM
Nothing But Wind Live going on Jaya Tv Now
Online - http://tamil.techsatish.net/file/nothing-but-wind/

app_engine
16th August 2010, 08:33 PM
Though there are sprinkles of irritations / uLkutthu's to IR / slightings of IR etc, this Shaji article (http://musicshaji.blogspot.com/2010/08/blog-post_16.html) on MV is a refreshing recap of the singer's career!

BTW, even a casual reader of this article can easily identify Shaji's personal agenda against IR.

Samples :

ஒருபோதும் யாரையும் குறைசொல்லாத வாசுதேவன், தன் வெற்றிகளுக்காக இளையராஜாவை புகழ்ந்திருந்தாலும் அவருடைய குரலின் தீவிர ரசிகர்கள் பலரின் அபிப்ராயம் என்னவென்றால், முக்கியமான இன்னும் பல பாடல்களைப் பாட இளையராஜா அவருக்கு வாய்ப்பளித்திருக்கலாம் என்பதே. இளையராஜாவின் அணியில் இருந்த மிகச்சிறந்த பாடகர் இவரே என்றும் அவர்கள் கருதுகிறார்கள்.
முதல் மரியாதை படத்தில் இரண்டு வேறுவிதமான உணர்வுகள் ஒரே பாடலில் சங்கமிக்கும்படியாக அமைக்கப்பட்டிருந்த "பூங்காற்று
திரும்புமா" பாடல் உணர்ச்சி வெளிப்பாட்டின் உச்சத்தை தொட்ட அவரது மற்றுமொரு பாடல். ஒரே மெட்டிலும், இசையமைப்பிலும் அமைந்திருந்த அப்பாடல் ஆரம்பிக்கும் போது வரும் சோகமான மனநிலையிலிருந்து பாடலின் இறுதியில் சந்தோஷமான மனநிலைக்கு மாறும் ரசவாதம் நிகழ்ந்திருக்கும். பாடல் வரிகளாலும் வாசுதேவன் பாடும் முறையாலும் தான் அந்த மாற்றம் நிகழும்.
2003 ஆம் ஆண்டில் மேடைநிகழ்ச்சிகளுக்காக மலேசியாவில் இருந்தபோது மூளையில் ஏர்பட்ட கோளாறினால் கடுமையான பக்கவாதத்தால் தாக்கப்பட்டு அவரது உடம்பு செயலிழந்தது. சினிமாத் துறையினரிடமிருந்து எஸ் பி பாலசுப்ரமணியத்தையும் கங்கை அமரனையும் தவிர ஆதரவான எந்த ஒரு குரலும் அவரை அழைக்கவே இல்லை.

Another Shaji target - Yesudas - is attacked as well, for he is unfavourably compared with MV based on just one song. We'll have to hear the Malayalam version of kOdai kAlakkAtRE before coming to any conclusion however, as this fellow trumpets 'pattu vaNNa rOsAvAm' to be greater than 'uchchi vagundheduththu':-) பெரிய "இசை விமர்சகர்" இல்லையா, அப்படியெல்லாம் உளறத்தான் செய்வார்! Such funny statements are typical of him anyways.

That MV is of Palakkadan roots with Malayalam as mother tongue is an interesting thuNukku to me - I never knew that :-)

Also, though he tries hard to place all MD's almost at the same reference point w.r.t. MV(MSV, S-G, why even ARR who hardly gave a song or two to the singer gets an unfair share of mentioning in the article), unfortunately for the writer, there is simply no way of covering muLuppoosaNikkAi in thattuchchOru :-)

The article practically ends up documenting the >90% contribution of IR to MV's career:-)

jaiganes
16th August 2010, 09:53 PM
Though there are sprinkles of irritations / uLkutthu's to IR / slightings of IR etc, this Shaji article (http://musicshaji.blogspot.com/2010/08/blog-post_16.html) on MV is a refreshing recap of the singer's career!

BTW, even a casual reader of this article can easily identify Shaji's personal agenda against IR.

Samples :

ஒருபோதும் யாரையும் குறைசொல்லாத வாசுதேவன், தன் வெற்றிகளுக்காக இளையராஜாவை புகழ்ந்திருந்தாலும் அவருடைய குரலின் தீவிர ரசிகர்கள் பலரின் அபிப்ராயம் என்னவென்றால், முக்கியமான இன்னும் பல பாடல்களைப் பாட இளையராஜா அவருக்கு வாய்ப்பளித்திருக்கலாம் என்பதே. இளையராஜாவின் அணியில் இருந்த மிகச்சிறந்த பாடகர் இவரே என்றும் அவர்கள் கருதுகிறார்கள்.
முதல் மரியாதை படத்தில் இரண்டு வேறுவிதமான உணர்வுகள் ஒரே பாடலில் சங்கமிக்கும்படியாக அமைக்கப்பட்டிருந்த "பூங்காற்று
திரும்புமா" பாடல் உணர்ச்சி வெளிப்பாட்டின் உச்சத்தை தொட்ட அவரது மற்றுமொரு பாடல். ஒரே மெட்டிலும், இசையமைப்பிலும் அமைந்திருந்த அப்பாடல் ஆரம்பிக்கும் போது வரும் சோகமான மனநிலையிலிருந்து பாடலின் இறுதியில் சந்தோஷமான மனநிலைக்கு மாறும் ரசவாதம் நிகழ்ந்திருக்கும். பாடல் வரிகளாலும் வாசுதேவன் பாடும் முறையாலும் தான் அந்த மாற்றம் நிகழும்.
2003 ஆம் ஆண்டில் மேடைநிகழ்ச்சிகளுக்காக மலேசியாவில் இருந்தபோது மூளையில் ஏர்பட்ட கோளாறினால் கடுமையான பக்கவாதத்தால் தாக்கப்பட்டு அவரது உடம்பு செயலிழந்தது. சினிமாத் துறையினரிடமிருந்து எஸ் பி பாலசுப்ரமணியத்தையும் கங்கை அமரனையும் தவிர ஆதரவான எந்த ஒரு குரலும் அவரை அழைக்கவே இல்லை.

Another Shaji target - Yesudas - is attacked as well, for he is unfavourably compared with MV based on just one song. We'll have to hear the Malayalam version of kOdai kAlakkAtRE before coming to any conclusion however, as this fellow trumpets 'pattu vaNNa rOsAvAm' to be greater than 'uchchi vagundheduththu':-) பெரிய "இசை விமர்சகர்" இல்லையா, அப்படியெல்லாம் உளறத்தான் செய்வார்! Such funny statements are typical of him anyways.

That MV is of Palakkadan roots with Malayalam as mother tongue is an interesting thuNukku to me - I never knew that :-)

Also, though he tries hard to place all MD's almost at the same reference point w.r.t. MV(MSV, S-G, why even ARR who hardly gave a song or two to the singer gets an unfair share of mentioning in the article), unfortunately for the writer, there is simply no way of covering muLuppoosaNikkAi in thattuchchOru :-)

The article practically ends up documenting the >90% contribution of IR to MV's career:-)

Regarding MV's mallu origins, I wouldnt have known if not for his interviews related to Saibaba in which he made the fact public and his son Yugendran proclaiming loudly in that stupid super singer show as "Yugendran vasudevan nair". Empa unna yaarachun kaettaangala.
shaajiyoda musical arivu/rasanai is like the emperor's new clothes. Annaradhu blogle rendu aartikil poadhum idhai piriya vaikka.

raj_musing
16th August 2010, 10:05 PM
App,

Thanks for the link and shaji in his usual self...
However that MV-pallakadan root was a surprise.

Renault
17th August 2010, 08:59 AM
Some positive news on Nandalala..

http://www.southdreamz.com/2010/08/myshkins-nandalaala-clears-the-hurdle-to-release-soon.html

Hope it gets its decent run time before it gets washed away by Endhiran .

Plum
17th August 2010, 09:53 AM
Oru nair thanna nair-nu sollikaradhu kooda thappA? :roll:

raj_musing
17th August 2010, 10:38 AM
Happi "re-recording" session with more clarity in youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBgH94IeEcE

jaiganes
17th August 2010, 08:30 PM
Oru nair thanna nair-nu sollikaradhu kooda thappA? :roll:
thappunnu sonnaena? thevayaannu thaan sonnaen. adhaan unnaya yugendhrannu ellarukkum theriyumepa.
MV enna groupungaradhu idhu varaikkum theriyalainnaalum avar pillai (jaathi illeng relashanu) thelivaa douttu illaama puriya vechtaarnu solla vandhengnaaa. ungalukku hurt locker aaiduchunnaa
a godbless vechukarengnaa.

podhuvaa jaadhiyai bubliccaa vuttaa thevayillaama yaen biodatavai kaatura nu neraya paeru mothu kudukradha paathu paathu pazhagiduchu.

MumbaiRamki
18th August 2010, 06:52 AM
Happi "re-recording" session with more clarity in youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBgH94IeEcE

It reminds me of siraichalai score and few symphonies, i like this one ...

Plum
18th August 2010, 08:16 AM
Jai, peace.

inetk
20th August 2010, 03:12 PM
Would love to know what you people think of 'Vaanavillum' from Nil Gavani Selladhey, with music by Selvaganesh. There's a reason why I'm posing this question in this thread :-)

Sureshs65
20th August 2010, 04:30 PM
Karthik,

Any online listening links for 'Nil Gavani Selladhe'?

Sureshs65
20th August 2010, 04:40 PM
இந்த ஆளை ராசா என்னமோ பெரிய அளவில் வெறுப்பேத்தியிருக்காரோ? மீட்டிங் போட்டு உளறிக்கொண்டிருக்காராம். (http://roza-thuli.blogspot.com/2010/08/blog-post.html)

Read the blog post now. I think in some way Raja has pissed off this Shaji and he is going all out to say things which are unflattering of Raja. In his article about Rahman's background scores, he talks a lot about Salilda and casually mentions that Illayaraja following the same style of Salilda did some nice background music in films. One single line dismissal of one the greatest BGM creators in Indian movie history. From what I could infer from this blog article Shaji seems to be intent on showing that Raja is a smaller version of Salilda. While Salil's music has a definite impact Raja's style, especially in the earlier years, (I have also stated the same here earlier as well) it is very clear that Raja had gone far beyond that style, evolving constantly. You can also hear the influence of RD Burman and SD Burman in his output, especially of the early years. But being a genius, he build his empire and saw further, standing on the shoulders of these giants.

I guess Shaji, Gnani and Charu will continue to try and diminish the greatness of Raja in whichever way possible. But that will not happen because of two reasons. One, the strong fan base that Raja has. But that is also incidental. Raja will survive on the sheer quality he delivered. Even his most ardent fans are still discovering new gems. So we need not worry too much about these fellows. Art will finally triumph over all these agendas.

inetk
20th August 2010, 06:52 PM
Here,
http://music.galatta.com/entertainment/music/songs/albumid/5861/movie/Nil_Gavani_Selladhey.html

Listen to Vaanavillum!

sureshmehcnit
20th August 2010, 07:12 PM
A Counterpoint in Thalabhadhi BGM

http://www.backgroundscore.com/2010/08/counterpoint.html

raj_musing
20th August 2010, 08:29 PM

You can also hear the influence of RD Burman and SD Burman in his output, especially of the early years. But being a genius, he build his empire and saw further, standing on the shoulders of these giants.

True that he is the emperor of BGM score and there is no point in envying here. Infact he had gone miles above what Salilda,RD and SD did in terms of creativity and volume! Not all people can accept this,however fact remains a fact and a connoisseur of music can never dismiss any of raja's work.

raj_musing
22nd August 2010, 02:58 PM
A unction which happened a couple of months ago in rememberance of the lyrist Girish puthenchery which raja attended.

Watch the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xznCMNes0MI

Sureshs65
23rd August 2010, 09:58 AM
RM,

Thanks for the link. Looks like alcohol is a major problem in the Malayalam film industry. I remember Jeyamohan mentioning it in his articles on Lohita Das and also Murali. Very unfortunate.

kameshratnam
23rd August 2010, 06:50 PM
I saw one programme in kalaignar tv yesterday..was it rasigan..i dont know the programme name

Vairamuthu was talking and he said " When some relationships break then it could be a heart break and he added that the split but it is not the case when he broke away from IR

:(

app_engine
23rd August 2010, 07:40 PM
RM,

Thanks for the link. Looks like alcohol is a major problem in the Malayalam film industry. I remember Jeyamohan mentioning it in his articles on Lohita Das and also Murali. Very unfortunate.

It was always a problem in Kerala (used to be highest per capita consumption state - excluding union territories - for alcohol and tobacco).

It appears alcohol is a bigger problem in TN in the last decade and now - I personally know a dozen people who died in 30s/40s :-( Most of these were successful in their respective businesses / careers.

app_engine
23rd August 2010, 09:29 PM
Suseendran insisted on IR for Azhagarsamyin kudhirai (http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/aug-10-03/suseendran-gautham-menon-21-08-10.html)

app_engine
23rd August 2010, 09:58 PM
Shaji's mind wasn't all that twisted till 2007 - proof here (http://musicshaji.blogspot.com/2010/08/blog-post_21.html)

This article appears in his blog only now, though written in 2007 and tranlsated by JeMo (someone else does the translation nowadays for Shaji)

raj_musing
24th August 2010, 10:04 AM
RM,

Suresh,

True..Raghuvaran,Rajan P Dev and the list goes on. Even the recent death of MG Radhakrishnan is an example.Most of the artists are alcoholics. Some partial and some are completely submerged :)
KJY is the only exception here.

app_engine
24th August 2010, 07:45 PM
One more function (http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/aug-10-04/ilayaraja-harris-jayaraj-24-08-10.html)

Well, this one appears to be more related to music - Trinity college stuff.

venkkiram
25th August 2010, 07:10 AM
Shreya Ghoshal mesmerises New Zealand (http://movies.rediff.com/report/2010/aug/24/shreya-ghoshal-mesmerises-new-zealand.htm)

இந்தப் பொண்ணு அடிக்கடி ராஜாவைப் பற்றி பெரிசா பேசுமே, சரி அவர் இசையில ஏதாவது ஒரு பாட்டையாவது பாடியிருக்கனுமே என ஆர்வத்தோடு வரிக்கு வரி உன்னிப்பா படித்து ஏமாற்றம் தான் மிச்சம். அம்மணி, உங்க ராஜா விசுவாசத்தை இனி செயலிலும் நிரூபியுங்கள்!

krish244
25th August 2010, 08:40 AM
http://www.deccanchronicle.com/entertainment/sridevi-team-big-b-102

"...However, when Balki was contacted by this newspaper he said that there is no such move and it is only a rumour."

thanks,

Krishnan

Sureshs65
25th August 2010, 10:10 AM
Venki,

I don't understand your argument. It was a program dedicated to Hindi songs and as the songs clearly show, they are the blockbuster songs. The only songs she did for Raja was from 'Cheeni Kum' and those songs didn't reach the popularity levels of the songs that were sung by her on stage. If you observe carefully, even Rahman, whom she has a lot of respect for, has got only one song in the program!! The program list is obviously drawn with the youth in the crowd in mind. So no need to throw stones at her.

raagas
25th August 2010, 10:32 AM
I dont know what Venki had posted but from Suresh's response, I can, to some extent, guess what it could have been.
shreya ghoshal has immense respect for ilaiyaraaja and she not singing any of his songs at a concert doesnt mean she doesnt like his compositions. Concerts are mostly about preferences of audience and not by personal taste.

kameshratnam
25th August 2010, 07:17 PM
[tscii:1e7284cbdb]Bharathiraaja opts for Harris Jayaraj
Bharathiraja waiting for Vikram
IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, August 25, 2010]

Iyakunar Imayam Bharathiraja was last seen in directorial action for 'Bommalattam'. It was a multi starrer with Arjun and Nana Patekar in lead roles. ‘Bommalattam’ got a lot of critical acclaim. Later Bharathiraja was seen as a big time actor in 'Rettaichuzzi' this year. Now the legend is back at what he does best.

Bharathiraja is all ready to wield the megaphone for a heartfelt rural epic. The film is tentatively titled 'Appan Aatha'. It is a story of three brothers and a leading wise man. Cheran, Ameer and Seeman have been finalised to play the brothers and for the other lead role Bharathiraja has spoken to Cheeyan Vikram.

Bharathiraja is hopeful that Vikram will accept the offer. But just in case if Vikram doesn’t show serious interest Bharathiraja has decided to play the role himself.

Another new thing in the film is that Harris Jayaraj has been signed to score the music for this hard core village subject. This will be the first time Harris Jayaraj is working on a rural film. Interestingly Bharathiraja had made even AR Rahman to score for his village film 'Kizhakku Cheemaiyile' years ago

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/59624.html[/tscii:1e7284cbdb]

app_engine
25th August 2010, 07:22 PM
kameshratnam,
I think this BR-HJ news has absolutely NO validity to be featured in an IR thread :roll:

Sureshs65
25th August 2010, 09:49 PM
Yup. It is not as if Raja has just now broken off BR. This should go to the Harris Jayaraj thread instead.

Sanjeevi
25th August 2010, 10:25 PM
kamesh, please remove the irrelevant post

kameshratnam
26th August 2010, 07:17 AM
Please delete the posts.i am not able to do it

app_engine
26th August 2010, 11:15 PM
[tscii:b42f0482b5]அறிவுமதி நேர்காணல் (http://ivalbharathi.blogspot.com/2010/08/kavignar-arivumathi.html)

அதுவரையிலும் திரைப்பட உலகம் என்பது தமிழர்களுக்கு அதுவும் அடிநிலைத் தமிழர்களுக்கு ஒரு இரும்புக் கோட்டையின் சுவர் எப்போது திறக்கும், திறக்காது என்கிற அவநம்பிக்கையிலேயே இருந்த தமிழர்களுக்கு அந்த இரும்புக்கதவை உடைத்து எங்களையும் உள்நுழைய வைத்த உணர்வுகளுக்குக் காரணமானவர் எம் ஆண் தாய்கள் இசைஞானி இளையராஜா, இயக்குனர் இமயம் பாரதிராஜா ஆகியோர். அப்போது அந்த தளத்தில் என் நண்பர்கள் ஆங்காங்கே நீ எழுது, எழுது என்று சொன்ன போது நான் இயக்குனராக வேண்டும் என்பதற்காக மறுத்து வந்தேன்.

அந்த காலகட்டத்தில் தான் ‘கிழக்குச் சீமையிலே’ என்கிற படத்தில் பாரதிராஜா அவர்களோடு இணை இயக்குனராக பணியாற்றிக் கொண்டிருந்த என் உணர்வுகளைக் கவனித்த அண்ணன் தயாரிப்பாளர் தாணு அவர்கள் ‘நான் சிறைச்சாலை என்கிற ப்ரியதர்ஷனின் படத்தின் தமிழ்மொழியை எடுக்கிறேன். அதில் உரையாடல்கள், பாடல்கள் அறிவுமதி என்று போடப் போகிறேன். என்ன சொல்கிறாய்’ என்று கேட்க நான் மறுக்காமல் சரியென்று சொல்லிவிட்டேன். சிறைச்சாலை என்கிற படத்தில் இசைஞானியின் மெட்டுக்கு நான் எழுதிய பாடல்கள்தான் ‘செம்பூவே பூவே’, ‘மன்னன் கூறைச்சேலை’, ‘சுட்டும் விழிச் சுடர் பார்வையிலே’, ‘ஆலோலங்கிளி தோப்பிலே’, ‘இது தாய் பிறந்த தேசம்’, என்கிற 5 பாடல்கள். அது உலகத் தமிழர்கள் அனைவரின் இல்லத்திற்கும் அழைத்துச் சென்று அவர்களுடைய செல்லப் பிள்ளையாக என்னை அறிமுகம் செய்து வைத்தன.

[/tscii:b42f0482b5]

naarayanan
28th August 2010, 05:06 PM
arivumadhi is one more extremist like seemaan, with his caste bias.

as if tamil industry had no tamils till ilayaraja and bharathiraja appeared.

simply stupid.

Plum
29th August 2010, 07:27 PM
Kerala-la kaal vechadhun(incredibly, first time for a Keralophile like me) cab driveroda caaling tune...kunnathE konnaikkum. Enna irundhaalum malayalee malayallee dhaan isai rasanaila.
I kind of always thought that while the industry and elite in Kerala welcome IR, the masses weren't as much into him as a small section of elite. This was eye opening. At first I thought the driver must be mammotty-crazy(and not IR fan) as his ringtone was aadhi ushas. As I got in the cab, he first played some harris jeyaraj mediocrity - I gave him a couple of songs and then slowly said "chEttA, namku malayalam dhannE kELkAm". And what a feast he unfolded - pazhassi, katha parayumbol, kochu kochu, manasinakkare,vinodayathra, thumbi vaa, and a whole host of 80s songs. He was about 40+. He said IR had his own niche among his age group. However, he regretted that modern taste veered towards harris type mediocrity, bith among kerala youth and tamil visitors and was very very happy to see me appreciate IR(incidentally, I hadn't asked for ir and had expected neela thaamara, picha vecha etc ). He refused tips saying unga kitta epdi saarE vAngaradhu. UngaLA mAdhri sangeetha abhimani paarkaradhE kashtam(!). I thought "ellAm IR-aivan aruL".
Nice experience

Sureshs65
31st August 2010, 11:06 AM
Hmm Plum. I don' t get such experiences in Kerala since I drive my own car there :( I guess lot of us underestimate Raja's reach with the masses. I could guess that Raja's reach was quite good when in a call-in radio program in Kerala I could hear songs from Manasinnakare being requested.

As Jeyamohan also mentioned in his blog, Kerala seems to be following TamilNadu in terms of movie appreciation. So it is not a big surprise that they also are now appreciating the kuthu type songs and HJ's songs. Kerala is probably the last bastion for melody. Hopefully it will not fall till sensitive movie makers still exist there. But that numbers is also coming down.

K
31st August 2010, 05:30 PM
http://moonramkonam.blogspot.com/2010/08/ilayaraja-vs-arrahman-2.html
http://moonramkonam.blogspot.com/2010/08/vs.html

interesting

venkkiram
31st August 2010, 08:28 PM
http://moonramkonam.blogspot.com/2010/08/ilayaraja-vs-arrahman-2.html
http://moonramkonam.blogspot.com/2010/08/vs.html

interestingஷப்பா...கண்ண கட்டுதே!

Sureshs65
1st September 2010, 11:38 AM
In Chennai the last couple of days. Tight schedule but was able to get to a shop and get some song DVDs. Will see / listen and post how they are. (Flower songs / Sad songs / Happy-Sad version of same songs / Malaysia Vasudevan songs etc) All music by Raja ofcourse. There was also a DVD which had songs based on ragas. (50 songs - 50 ragas). I need to check out how the video and audio quality is.

Also noticed that Oriental CDs are no longer available. Checked with AVM Sound Zone guy. Said it is due to the rights issue.

Sanjeevi
1st September 2010, 11:55 AM
http://www.jeyamohan.in/?p=7958

raagas
1st September 2010, 01:36 PM
There was also a DVD which had songs based on ragas. (50 songs - 50 ragas). I need to check out how the video and audio quality is.

Extremely curious about this DVD.At your convenience, could you keep the review of this one as a top priority please.

appushiva
1st September 2010, 02:38 PM
Hi Suresh,

Can you please tell us the address where you purchased the DVD's in chennai. Also somebody help me in getting old IR hits of kannada available in bangalore.

Recently heard songs of IR kannada movies, Gulabi and Nammoura Mandhara Hoova .. classic songs.

Thanks in advance.

Shiva

raj_musing
1st September 2010, 09:15 PM
Was watching an interview with KJY a few days back in a local channnel when he passed comments on raja....

"No body can predict what kind of musical forms,when and how this comes out of ilayaraja ! That is the kind of composer he is...Vast is his mind and ideas".

A tribute again to a great composer...

raj_musing
1st September 2010, 09:41 PM
Hmm Plum. I don' t get such experiences in Kerala since I drive my own car there :( I guess lot of us underestimate Raja's reach with the masses. I could guess that Raja's reach was quite good when in a call-in radio program in Kerala I could hear songs from Manasinnakare being requested.

As Jeyamohan also mentioned in his blog, Kerala seems to be following TamilNadu in terms of movie appreciation. So it is not a big surprise that they also are now appreciating the kuthu type songs and HJ's songs. Kerala is probably the last bastion for melody. Hopefully it will not fall till sensitive movie makers still exist there. But that numbers is also coming down.

Sureshji,

Definitely Ilayaraja is a popular person in kerala. No doubt. However its a region where a vocalist took the place of a demiGod than any great composing talents and that's primarily due to KJY ..

The difference I have seen in TN is that composers have carved a niche and are respected/admired more than singers..MSV,Ilayaraja,ARR etc are good examples and hence they are more special to people than any one.

May be just an observation and I could be wrong...

app_engine
1st September 2010, 10:20 PM
[

The difference I have seen in TN is that composers have carved a niche and are respected/admired more than singers..MSV,Ilayaraja,ARR etc are good examples and hence they are more special to people than any one.

May be just an observation and I could be wrong...

With due regards to the talents of GR/MSV/KVM, the recognition among public for composers in TN arrived big time BECAUSE OF Raja (prior to that it was MGR-Sivaji-TMS-PS whose names were more associated with the songs than composer - also Kannadasan was a bigger name than MSV during pre-IR days).

Whatever recognition MSV got / is getting too owe in a great deal to IR, for he dragged the focus to MD, even more than heroes / directors in many cases. The talented ARR kind of rode on that (i.e. in the TN context). Later day folks are giving it away now :-(

raj_musing
1st September 2010, 10:47 PM
App,

True that raja's arrival must have changed the focus to "composing talents" and even average movies used to run for many days only because of the songs..
So the bottom line is people who have "dominated" or left an idelible mark in any field be it 'singing or composing' are always looked up with admiration.

I would say that no singer in Kerala post 60' s could create a mark as KJY did and hence he was recognised more than any other talents.His decline started in mid nineties due to his age and has taken a full circle by now. You can see that new singers have started emerging there...There was no "one man show" going on in the composing arena like Raja in TN and hence the focus was on a singer!

app_engine
1st September 2010, 11:19 PM
raj_musing,

I totally agree with you on KL folks idolizing KJY (அவரை மாதிரி தாடி வளர்க்கறது கூட அங்க ஃபேஷனா இருந்த காலம் உண்டு).

To a good extent, KSC too was on hoardings / posters on music shops etc and in general, as much a household name as many big actors / actresses there. Second only to KJY in the music scene.

raj_musing
2nd September 2010, 09:29 AM
raj_musing,

(அவரை மாதிரி தாடி வளர்க்கறது கூட அங்க ஃபேஷனா இருந்த காலம் உண்டு).

Yes..You are right :)

Sureshs65
2nd September 2010, 11:27 AM
So, raj_musing. Do you also sport a beard :)

crvenky
2nd September 2010, 02:22 PM
From this week's AV:
'பா' படத்துக்குப் பிறகு, மீண்டும் பால்கி இயக்கத்தில் நடிக்க இருக்கிறார் அமிதாப். இந்தப் படத்தில் இன்னொரு விசேஷம், இரண்டு முறை ஆஸ்கர் விருது வென்ற ஹாலிவுட் நடிகை மெர்ரில் ஸ்ட்ரீப்பும் நடிக்க வருகிறார். இந்திய - பிரிட்டிஷ் காதல் கதையாம் இது. 'வாம்மா துரையம்மா!'

raj_musing
2nd September 2010, 03:05 PM
So, raj_musing. Do you also sport a beard :)

Sureshs65
2nd September 2010, 04:26 PM
Hi Suresh,

Can you please tell us the address where you purchased the DVD's in chennai. Also somebody help me in getting old IR hits of kannada available in bangalore.

Recently heard songs of IR kannada movies, Gulabi and Nammoura Mandhara Hoova .. classic songs.

Thanks in advance.

Shiva

Please check your PM.

The shop in Chennai where I bought these DVDs is on Usman Road, close to GRT. I think it is called 'Bharathi Padipagam' or something. Basically a book cum music shop.

appushiva
2nd September 2010, 06:22 PM
Thanking you Suresh for the info.

Regards

baroque
2nd September 2010, 08:22 PM
:ty: Suresh for the info.
vinatha.