PDA

View Full Version : 1.5 L Wet Grinder - Santha VS Premier Wonder

ABCD
19th January 2005, 08:36 AM
I am contemplating on buying either a Santha 1.5 L or Premier 1.5L Wonder wet grinder. Both are vertical models.

Santha 1.5 L grinder runs at 990 RPM and costs about $250.
Premier Wonder 1.5 L grinder runs at 1440 RPM and costs about $155.

1) Any comments on performance, quality and durability of these two models?
2) Would appreciate input about Pros and Cons of buying one of these models compared to buying Ultra and other well known wet grinders.
3) Are there any advantages in buying a horizontal wet grinder instead of a vertical wet grinder?
4) Is it desirable to buy a wet grinder model with a higher RPM?
5) From the price and RPM, Premier Wonder wet grinder seems like a better buy compared to Santha. Any comments?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

sv
2nd February 2005, 09:44 PM
I would also appreciate your input on this matter. Thanks in advance.

Prabha Sreenivas
3rd February 2005, 07:38 AM
Premier Wonder Grinder is a very elegantly designed wet grinder that adds to the look of any kitchen. It has a motor faster than those of any other wet grinder in the market. I bought it 3 months back and it is wonderful, as its name suggests. Can you imagine grinding channa dhal for vada without water with any wet grinder? You can do it with this Premier Wonder Grinder. Atta kneading is very efficient. Cleaning is very very easy.
Of course a grinder with a higher RPM is better than the one with a lower RPM. And why should you be paying more for other grinders, when you can get the Premier for $ 155 to $ 160.
The vertical wet grinder is a new concept and any day looks better than the clumsy old fashioned wet grinders. Among vertical wet grinders, Premier is the most elegant and good looking with stainless steel base.

sv
4th February 2005, 08:36 PM
Thank you Prabha Sreenivas.

sv
9th February 2005, 11:44 PM
Is there any advantage of buying a table top wet grinder over a tilting grinder (older model)?

All the online stores show only table top grinders. I am curious to know what is the advantage in using them?

deepali128
10th February 2005, 08:56 PM
hello prabha! i have some queries. where can i find premier wonder grinder. actully i am going to indian next month.
1.can i get that in india (in bombay). it is called by a same name in india.
2. is it really good for making chapati dough.
thank you in advance.

ABCD
14th February 2005, 10:37 PM
Thanks for your comments Prabaha.

I recently bought the Premier 1.5L Wonder wet grinder from www.chennaiimports.com

I like its looks. I like its performance so far (for both urad dal / rice grinding and also the roti dough mixing). I did not find a good answer about how this model compares with Santha 1.5 L wet grinder in performance but Premier is cheaper than Santha.

"Chennaiimports" is the service dealer for warranty for this grinder in North America. Customer Service at "Chennaiimports" was wonderful. This grinder costs $159.99 with free Shipping in US. If you live in US or Canada, it may not be worth the hassle in bringing it from India when you can buy it for a reasonable price in the US/Canada.

Prabha Sreenivas
20th February 2005, 05:56 AM
I agree with ABCD. I don't find it worthwhile lugging a wet grinder all the way from India. If something goes wrong, God forbid, you will have a tough time having it fixed here. The Indian warranty is not valid here. Another thing, if the grinder is damaged in transit from India, tough luck! On the other hand, if you buy it from a distributor in North America, they provide and maintain the warranty, and they are just a phone call or e-mail away. :D

rmykannan
11th March 2005, 03:18 AM
Hi All,
Saw all ur comments. im planning to buy the same premier wonder mixee size grinder. i have some question,please advice.
Does the grinder becomes hot after grinding( ie with rice/urud dhal)? and is it easy cleaning? How about the weight. is it heavier?
thanks.

perfect peninsula Inc
11th March 2005, 04:14 AM
Sharp 2ltr Wet grinder On Sale $245.00 + Free Shipping
www.perfectpeninsula.com

Prabha Sreenivas
11th March 2005, 05:55 PM
Hello Kannan,

The Premier Wonder is a very good grinder. It does not become hot either while or after grinding. Cleaning is very easy with its removable drum and it weighs only 11 kgs. I have been using it for a few months now, and I am really impressed. With its excellent styling and design and advanced features than any other grinder in the market, Premier Wonder is the best buy and gives you the best value for money at $159.99. It is all you need to enjoy your favourite idli, dosa, and vada. :D

RK
16th March 2005, 10:03 AM
Hi.. I am from Malaysia, and I would like to purchase Sharp Wet grinder 2.00 ltr or Premier Wonder locally. Does anyone know if there is any agent here in Malaysia whom I can contact?
Your early response is much appreciated.... :)

Chennai Imports Inc.
18th March 2005, 07:47 AM
Hello RK,

You should try the Indian shops in Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman or the surrounding areas.

Also try the following store in Singapore for Premier Wonder Grinder:

Jothi Store & Flower Shop
1 Campbell Lane Singapore 209882

Tel : 63387008
Fax : 63380070

RK
18th March 2005, 09:52 AM
Thanks Chennai Import.. I will make a trip to Singapore or maybe to KL soon..

Chennai Imports Inc.
18th March 2005, 10:31 AM
Hello RK,

Here is the place in Malaysia where you can buy the Premier Wonder Grinder:

M/s. GAYATHRI SILK AND SILVER
EMPORIUM SDN BHD,
No. 88, Jalan Tengu Kelana
41000 Klang, Selangor Darul Eshan, Malaysia
Ph : 603 - 33720316 / 33738181

malinibalaguru
9th August 2005, 11:34 PM
Hi RK,

I'm also contemplating between Sharp -point counter top wet grinder and Premier. Which one did you get and how is the performance?

Thanks

dev
10th August 2005, 07:36 AM
I don't know if this info will be useful for u...I saw my friend using ultra pride & she said it's really good...

riceandbeans
14th August 2005, 02:09 AM
I happened to be vacationing in India when I saw the Premier Tilting model for the first time. I loved the design, meaning less counter top space wasted, and it was available in 120v so I got it there. Although I didn't have major problems transporting it, I would say it more convenient to order it online and pay just US$50 to 60 more for the convenience of having it delivered to your home. Regarding warranty, I bought it directly from the manufacturer's show room and they do provide a warranty card that is honored in the US. However, regardless of where you buy it and depending on where you live, getting it fixed might not be that easy because if there aren't service agencies nearby it might not just be a phone call or e-mail away.

Performance wise I am very happy with my Premier wet grinder and it hasn't dissappointed me a bit. I like it more and more every day. If I ever have to replace it, I think I will get the new model, mixie size, that is featured in the Chennai Imports icon above.

malinibalaguru
15th August 2005, 07:05 PM
Hi Dev and Riceandbeans,

Thank you very much for the inputs. :)

Malini

sri2005
16th August 2005, 02:27 AM
My friend is using ULTRA table top 1.5 L for the last 2 years .
She got form India 110V and its very good.
I was also using the same but 210V in India for the last 7 years. no problem at all.
SO wehn i went to India this time got the 120V its ver good