PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Scenes/Songs from THALAIVAR Rajini films #3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

m_23_bayarea
9th September 2010, 09:29 PM
Here are my top, top favorites - Thee, Netrikkan, Moondru Mugam, Nallavanukku Nallavan, Thalapathy, and Baasha.

Riyazz
9th September 2010, 10:16 PM
My all time favourite thillu mullu, netrikan,annamalai

prashanth12
9th September 2010, 10:36 PM
Oh are we writing our top lists now? Mine are Mullum Malarum, Thappu Thalangal, Moondru Mudichu, Engeyo Ketta Kural.

tvsankar
10th September 2010, 12:14 AM
Mine are

1. Aaril irundhu Arubadhu varai

2.Jhonny

3.Dharma yutham

4. Netrikann

5..Uzhaipaali

Oru kola kili - NIce song.....

Muthirai ipoadhu - lovely no.

m_23_bayarea
10th September 2010, 04:35 AM
From the past - About Sivaji when it was running at the BO in 2007 summer... 8-)

The Hindu - Ramki
Friday, 10 September 2010 04:33

The Hindu - Rajni Ramki speaks about Sivaji 100 days celebration

21 Sep 2007

New Delhi, Sept 21 (PTI): Rajnikanth's latest blockbuster "Sivaji -- The Boss" is set to complete its 100th day tomorrow in 111 theatres in India and abroad and the Tamil superstar's fans are planning celebrations to mark the occasion.

The film was released in 235 theatres across Tamil Nadu and as many screens outside the state on June 15. "Around 102 theatres in Tamil Nadu will celebrate the 100th day of screening the movie on Saturday," AVM Productions CEO S C Babu said.

"The film is still running in almost 10 to 20 per cent of the theatres it which it was released outside Tamil Nadu, especially in Kerala and Karnataka," he said from Chennai.

One theatre in Mumbai is set to celebrate the 100th day tomorrow. Outside India, the film will complete 100 days in six theatres in Malaysia, two in Sri Lanka and one in Singapore.

The latest hit from Rajnikanth, who has a huge following in Tamil Nadu and abroad, broke records for collections by a Tamil film not only in India but also in countries like Malaysia, Singapore and Britain.

The film is still collecting 7,000 pounds a week in a theatre in Britain and there are a lot of inquiries for the rights to dub the film in Malay, Chinese and Japanese. "Sivaji" is also making huge collections in over 10 theatres in Chennai and its suburbs.

Munikanniah, vice-president of Sathyam Cinemas, a leading multiplex in Chennai, said: "The distributor's share for 'Sivaji -- The Boss' in a single theatre in Chennai was Rs 1.55 crore, which is an all-time record for the state."

"The film was released in two screens in Satyam Cinemas simultaneously with a seating capacity of 948 and 560 seats and it ran to packed houses for nearly six weeks," Munikanniah said.

"Even now, with the film nearing its 100th day, almost 60 per cent of the 948 seats get filled during weekdays and 100 per cent during weekends."

Though "Sivaji" is running strong even after three months, the film's producers have no plans for celebrating its completion of 100 days.

"The film is running very strong even now and we don't want to spoil it by celebrating the 100th day. We hope the film will continue to create more records," Babu said.

"We will have a bigger celebration later," he said.

But the star's fans are gearing up to celebrate the event at theatres. "We have planned to celebrate the occasion in a grand manner outside theatres in Bangalore and Malaysia," said J Ramki, co-founder of rajinifans.com, a website dedicated to Rajnikanth.

"This is the first time an Indian language movie will complete 100 days in Malaysia. Rajnifans.com will celebrate it in a big way in front of theatres."

Munikanniah said, "Many fan associations have sought our permission to celebrate the event outside theatres. They will distribute sweets and watch their 'thalaivar' (leader) on screen again."

Sundar, an ardent fan of the star, said, "We will distribute sweets and food packets to people who come to watch the movie on Saturday."

Referring to plans to release a Hindi version of the film, Babu said, "dubbing for the Hindi edition has already started and it is likely to be completed by the first week of October.

"Director Shankar is very anxious that Rajnikanth should dub his own voice for the Hindi version but it is for him to decide.

"As announced earlier, the Hindi version will have a post-Diwali release."

"Sivaji" is about a man's fight against black money in society, with Rajnikanth playing the protagonist in his own trademark style with a combination of punchy dialogue, comedy, romance, songs and colourful costumes.

http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/009200709211021.htm

m_23_bayarea
10th September 2010, 08:13 PM
Finally, after years of waiting, someone has posted this masterpiece song on YouTube. God bless that person's heart... :clap:

Raaja enbaar manthiri enbaar - Bhuvana Oru Kelvikuri (1977)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7j8sEinx-Y

The first movie where Thalaivar acted as the protagonist! 8-)

Nerd
10th September 2010, 08:21 PM
Finally, after years of waiting, someone has posted this masterpiece song on YouTube. God bless that person's heart... :clap:

WOW. VizhiyilE malarnthathu is there for the past 5 years or so. This one is very new :clap:

prashanth12
11th September 2010, 05:05 AM
Watched Mullum Malarum again yesterday after all this discussion.

What a movie. The scene after fighting with his sister, or confronting the engineer, shows the younger Rajini's acting capabilities well.

And a simple and effective climax. Classic.

Plum
13th September 2010, 01:16 PM
prashanth, you beat me to it. Missed most of the movie - oru afternoon siestakappuram lazy-A channel surf paNNinA, Sarathbabu in that ketta paya saar scene. All organs(kaNnu kAdhu etc) immediately alert. Just managed to catch kALi saying ketta paya saar avan. What a performance!

A lot of Amit-ji fans set aside Rajni, the actor, almost as if "What's the big deal about Rajni, the 70's actor", while eulogising Amit-ji's 70's movies and post 90's avatar(am). This is not Amit-ji's fault but it tends to put me off.

For, while Rajini can(and did) replicate Amit-ji's masalas succesfully and overshadowed him with his presence in Geraftaar, as well as showed his chops in anything Amit-ji has done, Amit-ji's acclaimed 70's persona is so limited. We are talking, like, what? Anand, Abhimaan, Chupke Chupke. All that angst, comic presence recycled later in his masala movies. Nothing really that stands out different from his later masala avatar.

Watching MM, one realises why Amit-ji can never be Rajinikanth. I just cant imagine amit-ji saying the hindi equivalent of ketta paya saar avan. And the "pazhaya kALiyA irundhirundhA...". And so on. Amit-ji is stiff, scholarly and hams enormously when faced with emotional sequences. He can probably do sentiment, like maa sentiment in Deewar climax but emotion like in MM, I havent seen evidence.

Even the post-90's Blacks and stuff, one can see the "ham"mer in Amit-ji. Really, Rajini, the actor is in a different class to Amit-ji.

A *possibly contentious* thought - maybe, even Kamal of 70's wouldnt have shone as much as Rajini in muLlum malarum. "ketta paya saar avan" just doesnt sit well in my imagination of 70's Kamal saying it.

Plum
13th September 2010, 01:17 PM
enna dhAn Surya of Dal-Pati might be appealingnAlum, I just cant fathom how kALi can be overlooked by *anyone* over *any other role* of Rajini!

Plum
13th September 2010, 01:24 PM
Post his loss of arm, kALi is not exactly a changed man. He can still beat the crap out of azhagesan and retain the awe in which his chamchas hold him. However, you can sense a little vulnerability, helplessness now. Gone is the straight talking, wysiwyg kALi. Now, he has a measured cunning added - the way he plays the Engineeer from the time the latter asks for his sister's hand to the well-planned, paced delivery of the command to azhagesan to marry his sister. The Engineer knows he is a beaten man.

In a way, this kALi rolls back to Vijayan in Udhiri pUkkAL. Or, the other way around possibly. He has his preferences, and he will let his hate determine his choices and have his way. The village gathering against the tyrant's diktat seems to be the climax in both cases but fortunately for kALi, he has two women playing his conscience - while Rajni and Shoba walk away with the acting honours, Fatafat Jayalakshmi sparkles as Manga, and it is she who sets the events in motion and ensures that kALi doesnt meet the same fate as the correspondent in UP. She is fearless, stands up to him and mobilises the village against him, while not completely puncturing his aura. Eventually, the two women combined manage to stoke his ego, as well as get the "right thing" done.

Truly, this is a landmark movie for TFI. Fortunate to have viewed it at different stages of my life.

groucho070
13th September 2010, 01:25 PM
Plum, good points. Rajini can do what Amitabh the star can do in masala films. Amit-ji can never do what Rajini did back then purely as an actor in strongly scripted films. But now that Amit is doing so-called "classy" films, and if Rajini were to do the same, I am sure Rajini will eat AB for breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, supper and occasional trip to kitchen after bedtime.

But looking at his track record of late, can he (Rajini) pull it off? :think:

Plum
13th September 2010, 01:34 PM
grouch, it is more a question of "does he want to pull it off".

Amit-ji, apart from artistic needs, had a dire financial need to accept all and sundry roles, including jatti viLambarams, in his post-90's avatar. 40 padathula varushathukku avar iruppAr. adhula 4 critically acclaimed role aayidum. ipdi thAn avarOda post 90's career Odichu. What I have always felt is that, all the 40 roles are similar in one way or the otehr - that is, to say, they are more or less Amitabh, the patriarch. A high-hamming, stiff, at times Antony Gonsalves comic persona. Very limited range.

Rajni doesnt really have anything other than artistic need. So, the question is does he want to do what Amit-ji did?
Besides, already Kamalukku script ezhudha AL illAma thiNdAdikittirukkOm. Rajinikku yaaru ezhudhuvA?

kid-glove
13th September 2010, 01:45 PM
Re.kALi NT (at any age) ? Of course, Rajini :clap:

Ordinary script could be enhanced by good acting. Good script could turn shoddy when badly enacted (all Myshkin films) As much as I like Raj kiran, imagine Rajni in Thavamai Thavamirundhu?

kid-glove
13th September 2010, 01:57 PM
While I rate Amitabh highly, I admit some currency could be found in some of these points. Another thing abt 70's Amitabh is better scriptwriting and direction of hindi masala cinema, as against the likes who remade them in Tamil? Although our 'new wave' with Mahendran, KB, Balu Mahendra, BR, etc and films like Pasi, Aval appadithaan, etc could/should be argued to be of richer quality than Bachchan's cinema of that time !

Plum
13th September 2010, 02:01 PM
Re.kALi NT (at any age)
ada, idhellAm solli dhAn theriyaNumA? Ofcourse, NT is who Rajni channels here - infact, part of my appreciation loops back to that fact :-)

At any age, may be not. I'd have loved to see the 60's Sivaji do muLLum malarum.

groucho070
13th September 2010, 02:09 PM
Besides, already Kamalukku script ezhudha AL illAma thiNdAdikittirukkOm. Rajinikku yaaru ezhudhuvA?I think Kamal is a more difficult case here. Avare ezhuthunathan undu. Expectation level is completely different here.

Rajini-kku, Thilak sonna mathiri, can be used to enhance ordinary script. Thavamay Thavamirunthu would be owesome. Really. Yes, Raj Kiran's roles are prime candidate, they need that extra caged up energy that Rajini has, alongside giving the roles the nobility. No fault of Raj Kiran, but I thought his roles like in Nandha need that extra oomph!

Plum
13th September 2010, 02:14 PM
Ditto. And Rajkiran need not worry about his buvvA - he can do roles like the one he did with Lawrence(muni?)
Rajni as Ajith's father in Kireedom - uh, mouth watering. Yeah, enhancing ordinary scripts can be one use Rajini is put to.*

Nanda - yes, awesome think experiment grouch.
And I really think someone should do Nishabdh with him in tamil, irrespective of the movie's merits.
*- note thilakan did awesome in that role but obviously, the writing was diluted in tamil so...

kid-glove
13th September 2010, 02:19 PM
Rajini in that Nanda role Awe-:shock:

groucho070
13th September 2010, 02:20 PM
Nanda - yes, awesome think experiment grouch.If not mistaken Bala had NT in mind for that role, hence the thought connection :D

HonestRaj
13th September 2010, 06:49 PM
prashanth, you beat me to it. Missed most of the movie - oru afternoon siestakappuram lazy-A channel surf paNNinA, Sarathbabu in that ketta paya saar scene. All organs(kaNnu kAdhu etc) immediately alert. Just managed to catch kALi saying ketta paya saar avan. What a performance!

Polimer Channel

naanum parthen :)

tamizharasan
13th September 2010, 07:49 PM

WOW. VizhiyilE malarnthathu is there for the past 5 years or so. This one is very new :clap:

Thanks for this link. Bhuvana Oru Kelvikuri is one of my all time favorites of Rajini. Very good movie.

Nerd
13th September 2010, 07:54 PM
Incidentally I also saw parts of MM yesterday. Each and every scene is carefully crafted and it is refreshing to see such films today. Raja's BGM is excellent - idhellaam solli dhaan theriyanumnu illai. I remember posting about ellaam en kairaasi which has awful songs but a soul stirring recurrent violin theme. Only Raja fossible. Hope Rajini's hint about continuing acting is true and perhaps a film with Raja (impossible, I know but can't help thinking about it everytime I see a 70s/80s film of his)

tamizharasan
13th September 2010, 07:59 PM
Incidentally I also saw parts of MM yesterday. Each and every scene is carefully crafted and it is refreshing to see such films today. Raja's BGM is excellent - idhellaam solli dhaan theriyanumnu illai. I remember posting about ellaam en kairaasi which has awful songs but a soul stirring recurrent violin theme. Only Raja fossible. Hope Rajini's hint about continuing acting is true and perhaps a film with Raja (impossible, I know but can't help thinking about it everytime I see a 70s/80s film of his)

As much as we want Rajini that way, it is impossible though. Only consolation we have to watch those again. Pudhukkavithai is also another classic of Rajini.

MADDY
13th September 2010, 08:05 PM
rajini with raaja is something that im really really looking forward to

Vivasaayi
13th September 2010, 10:23 PM
rajini with raaja is something that im really really looking forward to

Now that, as per reports, rajni has invited raja thorugh post and raja has not attended rajni daughters marriage, chumma yosichu pathukalam

SoftSword
13th September 2010, 10:41 PM
i downloaded a nice dvd rip of mullum malarum...
watched it today and most of the scenes i watched the second time..
i really think that "vaasingada dei" scene, thalaivar would have acted after a good booze..

MADDY
14th September 2010, 07:40 PM
Baba rap is a very famous BGM bit but this one where rajini goes to temple is the most awesome BGM piece i have heard from AR to rajini:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGfIsPODpz0&feature=related

konjam bad quality and repeats itself without warning but worth a try.........no prizes for guessing which song evolved out of this "unknown" gem - GVM was the benefitter :lol:

Mahen
14th September 2010, 07:49 PM
Baba rap is a very famous BGM bit but this one where rajini goes to temple is the most awesome BGM piece i have heard from AR to rajini:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGfIsPODpz0&feature=related

konjam bad quality and repeats itself without warning but worth a try.........no prizes for guessing which song evolved out of this "unknown" gem - GVM was the benefitter :lol:

Omana penne? :D

intha bgm was in the movie? :oops:

MADDY
14th September 2010, 08:07 PM
yes, omana penne evolved out of it or atleast it sounds like......

this is the scene after nambiar's death where rajini in white dhoti goes to temple and koundamani too joins in :lol:

Plum
14th September 2010, 08:21 PM
Yeah, very nice piece. I feel it connects emotionally more to the scene you described in Baba than in Omana peNNE.

MADDY
14th September 2010, 08:42 PM
yes, it was more apt here......for VTV, it was like a "mangala" isai for kissing scene :lol:

SoftSword
14th September 2010, 08:58 PM
yes, it was more apt here......for VTV, it was like a "mangala" isai for kissing scene :lol:

i inferred it as a mangala isai for the marriage of two souls.

jaiganes
14th September 2010, 09:32 PM

eppdillaam yosikkiraanga paaruyya.

AudazJay
15th September 2010, 07:09 AM
:lol:

SoftSword
15th September 2010, 08:28 AM

eppdillaam yosikkiraanga paaruyya.

I am sure ARR would have visualized it that way when scoring it, if not he would have had something beyond this in mind while scoring that masterpiece.

hamid
5th October 2010, 04:14 PM
:shock:

hamid
5th October 2010, 04:17 PM
Chitti feels the fresh air and enters into the new world :notworthy: and the BG score at that time :clap:

hamid
5th October 2010, 04:18 PM
chitti puts down the TV and vasi's response.. "avan podunna pottuduvanma" :D

hamid
5th October 2010, 04:21 PM
helping sana's exam and the dialogues...

when sana says sorry simply responding "manitha kulam than suyanalathukkaka poy sollumnu purijikitten" underlying he only leanrs from incodents and doesnt feel anything.. :clap:

interz
5th October 2010, 04:26 PM
One of the many scenes that impressed me was when v.2.0 was searching for the black sheep, all the robots heads spin round except real human's

v2.0: Maaaahhh Maaaahh...

PARAMASHIVAN
5th October 2010, 04:29 PM
chitti laugh! you just cant be more evil than this :evil:

sathya_1979
5th October 2010, 04:30 PM
avarukku ozhungaa samaikka kooda theriyaadhu.
Naan 25 varieties samaippEn
32 languagesla lullaby paadi thoonga veppEn
Avarukku vayasaayidu, mudi naraichirum, sethuduvaaru
:notworthy:

hamid
5th October 2010, 04:31 PM
yep..sathys.. i loved that scene.. still it had an innocence :notworthy: vithikala miiranumnu thoonuchu :clap:

ajaybaskar
5th October 2010, 04:32 PM
Which character impressed u the most? Vaseegaran, Chitti or Chitti V 2.0?

hamid
5th October 2010, 04:33 PM
chitti

avven
5th October 2010, 04:34 PM
Chitti to Ais - unaku thala suthuthu???
Ais - illa..
Chitti - ippo suthum paaru :lol: :2thumbsup:

hamid
5th October 2010, 04:35 PM
:clap:

this movie has so many scenes.. Shankar has delivered what he has promised.. 10 padam paartha effect.. that many lovely scenes and dialogues.. :boo:

hamid
5th October 2010, 04:36 PM
I want to discuss the dialogues and all..

guys.. those who havent seen the movie( is there any) please donot read further..

hamid
5th October 2010, 04:37 PM
kaduvul irukkara
Kadavulna yaaru?
nammaiyellam padaithavar..
ennai padaithathu doctor vaseegaran.. so kadavul irukakru :clap:

Vasi's smile :cool2:

hamid
5th October 2010, 04:38 PM
who is that sellatha :chanceless dialogue delivery:

PARAMASHIVAN
5th October 2010, 04:38 PM

Chittie v2.0 :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

then Vaseekaran 8-) 8-) 8-)

ajaybaskar
5th October 2010, 04:39 PM
Chitti's reply to the person who asks him about the raaga.. :-D

Typical SS nakkal..

avven
5th October 2010, 04:40 PM
Chitti V 2.0 :2thumbsup: :notworthy: Chitti :thumbsup: Vaseegaran :clap:

Sarna
5th October 2010, 04:42 PM
scene by scene reveal pannaadheengapa, innum enna maadhiri padam paakkaadha rasigargal konja pEr irukkaanga :oops: :ashamed:

hamid
5th October 2010, 04:46 PM
Sarna.. get away from this thread and come back after watching it :yes:

avven
5th October 2010, 04:55 PM
Chitti V 2.0 oru robo thalaya vettitu appuram aish paarthu roboooo solra scene :2thumbsup:

avven
5th October 2010, 04:55 PM
scene by scene reveal pannaadheengapa, innum enna maadhiri padam paakkaadha rasigargal konja pEr irukkaanga :oops: :ashamed:

SoftSword
5th October 2010, 05:04 PM
yep..sathys.. i loved that scene.. still it had an innocence :notworthy: vithikala miiranumnu thoonuchu :clap:

yes.. the word war between chitti and vasee was too good... nice dialogues and excellent timing by chitti... vasee would stand so helpless in that scene...
and the tone in which, chitti says, "nee evlo kaniva pesara.. avar yaen kattharaaru" :notworthy:

and the vidhikala meeranumnu thonuchu.... excellent and very important dialogue which gives a clue for what is about to come...

adhu yaen.... love'nave vidhigala meeruradhaa poiduchu... :)

one thing i came across:

"Indhiran kettadhum pennalae... andha Chandhiran kettadhum pennaalae.. ippo Endhiran kettadhum pennaalae..." :P

SoftSword
5th October 2010, 05:05 PM
Chitti feels the fresh air and enters into the new world :notworthy: and the BG score at that time :clap:

this one i noticed in the very first viewing... the bgm make u feel the change happens in chitti. ARR :notworthy:

SoftSword
5th October 2010, 05:07 PM
chitti puts down the TV and vasi's response.. "avan podunna pottuduvanma" :D

the way he delivers that particular dialogue... was not like how Rajini usually does... it was something different i felt, noticed it well yesterday during the second viewing...
"ammaa avan podunu pottruvan maa avanukku sariya sollanum..."

hamid
5th October 2010, 05:17 PM

yes.. the word war between chitti and vasee was too good... nice dialogues and excellent timing by chitti... vasee would stand so helpless in that scene...
and the tone in which, chitti says, "nee evlo kaniva pesara.. avar yaen kattharaaru" :notworthy:

yes.. i start to love more and more the chitti character.. it keeps growing on me.. just want to see the film again and again...

and the vidhikala meeranumnu thonuchu.... excellent and very important dialogue which gives a clue for what is about to come...

:yes:

adhu yaen.... love'nave vidhigala meeruradhaa poiduchu... :)

one thing i came across:

"Indhiran kettadhum pennalae... andha Chandhiran kettadhum pennaalae.. ippo Endhiran kettadhum pennaalae..." :P

:lol: but nice one.

hamid
5th October 2010, 05:23 PM
who is that sellatha... awesome response in the theater :wow:

hamid
5th October 2010, 05:25 PM

this one i noticed in the very first viewing... the bgm make u feel the change happens in chitti. ARR :notworthy:
such a cool scene.. feels breezy and tender..

and the chemistry between vasi and chitti.. as someone siad it is better than vasi and sana

omega
5th October 2010, 05:31 PM
Each time Chitti answers questions (there are various) Vasi emotes with pride (right from the saloon). Excellent portrayal of these two characters..............There was no scene in which Chitti failed to impress :clap: :clap:

Nerd
5th October 2010, 05:35 PM

when sana says sorry simply responding "manitha kulam than suyanalathukkaka poy sollumnu purijikitten" underlying he only leanrs from incodents and doesnt feel anything.. :clap:
This one is straight from "En Iniya Iyanthira".

My favorite is Chitti V1.0

SoftSword
5th October 2010, 06:10 PM
I can only relate the name Chitti with him in the second half.. the name Chitti does not stand a match for the characters attagaasam and performance in the second half.. Chitti Version 2.0 is just for a punch and it requires a tremendously evil name.

sathya_1979
5th October 2010, 06:14 PM
I can only relate the name Chitti with him in the second half.. the name Chitti does not stand a match for the characters attagaasam and performance in the second half.. Chitti Version 2.0 is just for a punch and it requires a tremendously evil name.
yes, they should have named it Softsword :yessir:

SoftSword
5th October 2010, 06:21 PM

naanga yen odaringa... enna damange pannadhukku naan dhaan odanum...

SoftSword
5th October 2010, 06:38 PM

neenga yen odaringa... enna damange pannadhukku naan dhaan odanum...

hamid
5th October 2010, 07:53 PM
Chitti's reaction when Vasi agrees to chitti's hair style :rotfl:

littlemaster1982
5th October 2010, 09:18 PM

This one is straight from "En Iniya Iyanthira".

My favorite is Chitti V1.0

There are quite a number of references to En Iniya Iyanthira. And, my favorite scenes are 'Viswaroobam' :notworthy: & 'Naan innaikku leave' :lol:

Nerd,

There was a straight reference to Sujatha. Did you notice it?

Nerd
5th October 2010, 09:22 PM
illaiyE.. What is it? :oops:

littlemaster1982
5th October 2010, 09:23 PM
The name of the mosquito - Ranguski. It's Sujatha's nickname during his college days.

Nerd
5th October 2010, 09:25 PM
The name of the mosquito - Ranguski. It's Sujatha's nickname during his college days.
Oh adhuvaa.. Shankar did acknowledge that in many interviews.. . :-)

littlemaster1982
5th October 2010, 09:27 PM
Is it? Never came across that, but I didn't read much of his pre-release interviews.

Nerd
5th October 2010, 09:34 PM
Is it? Never came across that, but I didn't read much of his pre-release interviews.
During the *trailer release* function if I am not wrong. He talked about Sujatha's contribution for a good three minutes.

But yeah like many of you, I also thought that he could have paid a small tribute to him during the film's opening credits. He was very moved during the time of Sujatha's death but ippO dhaan puriyudhu, "padam paduthurumE" apdinu dhaan sOgamaayittar pOla.. :twisted:

littlemaster1982
5th October 2010, 09:38 PM
During the *trailer release* function if I am not wrong. He talked about Sujatha's contribution for a good three minutes.

Oh, thanks, will check that out.

But yeah like many of you, I also thought that he could have paid a small tribute to him during the film's opening credits. He was very moved during the time of Sujatha's death but ippO dhaan puriyudhu, "padam paduthurumE" apdinu dhaan sOgamaayittar pOla.. :twisted:

Probably :lol: Do you think 'Enthiran' would have been a better product, if Sujatha had been alive? I firmly believe so.

raghavendran
5th October 2010, 09:38 PM
vasi and ash park scene..ver vasi asks"avvolodhana" to ash..cool stuff.. 8-)

Nerd
5th October 2010, 09:43 PM
Do you think 'Enthiran' would have been a better product, if Sujatha had been alive? I firmly believe so.
Absolutely. To me the best parts of the film (incl the scene after the climax) are from Sujatha's pen. Sujatha would have obviously done a better job of writing/help writing the terrorists/Santhanam/Karunas/Danny etc. In fact I can't believe Shankar came up with such silly characters.

My favorite line from the film (so bad it was good), written by Karky I think:

Danny to his creation: Unakkaaga 10 latcham line code ezhudhirukkEn :omg: :rotfl3:

littlemaster1982
5th October 2010, 09:48 PM
My favorite line from the film (so bad it was good), written by Karky I think:

Danny to his creation: Unakkaaga 10 latcham line code ezhudhirukkEn :omg: :rotfl3:

I missed this one :shock: What a gem :rotfl2:

PARAMASHIVAN
5th October 2010, 09:54 PM
Nerd

pls add Endhiran Chtti V2.0 to the poll list, kind request :ty:

Nerd
5th October 2010, 11:21 PM
Nerd

pls add Endhiran Chtti V2.0 to the poll list, kind request :ty:
I can't add it. We already have 10 options which is the maximum allowed. Next thread-la add pannidalaam :-)

hamid
5th October 2010, 11:48 PM
manushan padaichathulaye azakaana vishayam rendu.. onnu naan..innonu nee.

sounded lame when I heard about this first :oops: but in the movie it is awesome.. :thumbsup:

omega
5th October 2010, 11:51 PM
manushan padaichathulaye azakaana vishayam rendu.. onnu naan..innonu nee.

sounded lame when I heard about this first :oops: but in the movie it is awesome.. :thumbsup:

loved the comic side to chitti 2.0 (only thalaivar possible :notworthy: )

hamid
5th October 2010, 11:53 PM
Yes.. "only thalaivar possible" .. ithellam soli theriya vendiyathilla :cool2:

also the scene.. aana enna kavukka thittam podariyoonnu santheekamaa irukke

Sudarsh
6th October 2010, 04:13 AM
I love this scene its so hilarious: Sundu varal venamma car venuma :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv2DoHHXj6g

Sudarsh
6th October 2010, 04:14 AM
This is a really good dialogue from Rajini to Kamal see his acting its class :clap: :notworthy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPmiYeNhOcM

m_23_bayarea
6th October 2010, 09:13 AM
Feeling really down tonight! Watching my favorite and most intense movie of all time - THEE! :smokesmirk:

sathya_1979
6th October 2010, 09:18 AM
Bay, @Thee beeceem mudinjaa rip senju tharumaaru vEndugOL vaikkirEn.

m_23_bayarea
6th October 2010, 09:25 AM
Bay, @Thee beeceem mudinjaa rip senju tharumaaru vEndugOL vaikkirEn.

http://live.tamil.movies.oruwebsite.com/thee-1981/watch-movie-part-1-video_fff9321d7.html

ajaybaskar
6th October 2010, 11:45 AM
Although Chitti is rocking, I did feel that no director had/has the guts to use this man's potential to the full. Yaanaipasikku cholappori!!

groucho070
6th October 2010, 11:54 AM
Although Chitti is rocking, I did feel that no director had/has the guts to use this man's potential to the full. Yaanaipasikku cholappori!!True, could be this, or could be that Rajini just can't pull it off anymore. This is probably his current 100%, and I hope I am wrong :(

hamid
6th October 2010, 11:59 AM
Grouch,
Need to learn from you to form the sentence :notworthy: :thumbsup:

anyway.. I belive he can do better.. it depends on the characterisation and the scope.. hope he has started to walk in that direction..

omega
6th October 2010, 04:15 PM
Groucho,

I surely don't think this man has lost anything at all....
May be good old times are ahead...

Nerd
6th October 2010, 07:05 PM
Yeah one last film with Mahendran please. Avaru early noughts-layE I have a story for Rajini-nu sollittu irundhaar.. But I dont think Rajini will go back to the 'good old times'. Even during the launch of Enthiran, his reasoning was, "Sivaji oru periya padam, aduthathu adhai vida perisaa irukkanum" etc. Its virtaully impossible to get a bigger film than Enthiran but I think he will choose Murugadoss/Hari.

m_23_bayarea
6th October 2010, 07:08 PM
Although Chitti is rocking, I did feel that no director had/has the guts to use this man's potential to the full. Yaanaipasikku cholappori!!True, could be this, or could be that Rajini just can't pull it off anymore. This is probably his current 100%, and I hope I am wrong :(

I can assure you, you are! :notworthy:

Sarna
Yeah one last film with Mahendran please

What about Bala-Rajini combo ?

m_23_bayarea

What about Rajini - Gowtham combo? :P

SoftSword
6th October 2010, 07:11 PM
Yeah one last film with Mahendran please. Avaru early noughts-layE I have a story for Rajini-nu sollittu irundhaar.. But I dont think Rajini will go back to the 'good old times'. Even during the launch of Enthiran, his reasoning was, "Sivaji oru periya padam, aduthathu adhai vida
perisaa irukkanum" etc. Its virtaully impossible to get a bigger film than Enthiran but I think he will choose Murugadoss/Hari.

idha vida periya padam or indha alavu periya padam, not until marmayogi maybe, atleast not in the next three years...

and i really doubt if he can act in smalltime movies... i mean, even if he acts in a medium budget or small budget movie, the greedy producers/distributors would sell it for high prices, will increase the expectation like a mass movie and would promote them as big as sivaji and endhiran... and there are high chances the hype falls flat...
rajiniyae idhu periya padam illainu sonnalum yaetthukka matanga...

even in the top, he is cornered and trapped.

SoftSword
6th October 2010, 07:15 PM
i feel he will join hands safely with KSR again :|
murugadoss film would take off after one year even if it works out.. before which ksr would be free after MA, is he doing any other movie?

Nerd
6th October 2010, 07:16 PM
Bala-Rajiniyaa?? Bala - <<Any big actor>> will not work now. SuryavE ignore pannraar Bala-va.. Bala's way of working and Rajini's way of working are far off and Bala is a staunch Kamal fan who does not respect Rajini's acting capabilities.

I have started to like GVM after VTV, so I am OK with that. Hope he comes up with a better script than KK/VV. And again, he is also a Kamal fan who does not think Rajini can act (AFAIK).

That's why we need a Lingu or a Murugadoss or a Hari to direct if Rajini chooses to act in another masala film. They are all huge Rajini fans.

Soft, neenga solradhu sari dhaan, but for the first time in the last 20 years or so, I saw the protoganist Rajini running away from a fight (enakku IG-ya theriyum etc.) and more importantly people (read Rajini fans, incl me of course) absolutely enjoyed it. Which is a very good sign.

SuraTheLeader
6th October 2010, 07:16 PM
Yeah one last film with Mahendran please. Avaru early noughts-layE I have a story for Rajini-nu sollittu irundhaar.. But I dont think Rajini will go back to the 'good old times'. Even during the launch of Enthiran, his reasoning was, "Sivaji oru periya padam, aduthathu adhai vida perisaa irukkanum" etc. Its virtaully impossible to get a bigger film than Enthiran but I think he will choose Murugadoss/Hari.

I want one last cocktail From SUPER STAR :
Where he can display all his strong fortes
Which he has done many times in his career
INNOCENT - RAJADHI RAJA
COMEDY - Many movies
ACTION - "
STYLE - "
SENTIMENT - "

Just remembring a scene from RAJADHI RAJA :
P1:Dai Chinna rasu, Inga ennada Pandra
RAJINI ( Lying in the cot near to the Field): Vivasayam pathuttu iruken,
P1:Ennadhu ?
RAJINI:Aama avanga vivasayam pandranga,Naan pathhutu irukken... :lol:

m_23_bayarea
6th October 2010, 07:17 PM
murugadoss film would take off after one year even if it works out.. before which ksr would be free after MA, is he doing any other movie?

That's the only combo I dont want to see happen again! :cry:

m_23_bayarea
6th October 2010, 07:19 PM
I have started to like GVM after VTV, so I am OK with that. Hope he comes up with a better script than KK/VV. And again, he is also a Kamal fan who does not think Rajini can act (AFAIK).

Maybe he is, but I don't think he thinks Rajini can't act or anything! I want a non-Rajini fan director to come up with a non-usual masala script. Fan directors will just use his image and there won't be any scope for their creativity.

PARAMASHIVAN
6th October 2010, 07:22 PM

That's the only combo I dont want to see happen again! :cry:

No no pls no more KSR or any other directors. I wish SS to continue with Shankar only , he has climbed Everest, if he chooses some 'ordinary' directors in the future, there is a chance of him slipping down :oops:

PARAMASHIVAN
6th October 2010, 07:25 PM
yeah GVM would be an ideal choice for SS after shankar

Sarna
6th October 2010, 07:27 PM
Bala-Rajiniyaa?? Bala - <<Any big actor>> will not work now. SuryavE ignore pannraar Bala-va.. Bala's way of working and Rajini's way of working are far off and Bala is a staunch Kamal fan who does not respect Rajini's acting capabilities.

I wish such minded directors should direct Rajini :) so that we can see a 100% actor and 0% star :D

SoftSword
6th October 2010, 07:30 PM
GVM is good, but avarukku over standards kudukradhu yaen... he would also be waiting for a chance to work with Rajini... thalaivar ok solradhu dhaan mukkiyam... thalaivaroda payanam idhukku mela endha padhaila pogumgradhu thalaivar kaila dhaan irukku... it depends on whom he chooses...

i hardly could recall any director in TFI who would not want to work with SS.

Sarna
6th October 2010, 07:38 PM

What about Rajini - Gowtham combo? :P

If it is like City-based/peterish Mudhal mariyadhai, then a big :yes:

GVM is very good in writing love/romantic stories with humour touch.... thalaivar is king in love/romantic scenes and humour :smokesmirk:

If my wish becomes true, then I will watch this movie 100 times in theatre :bluejump: :boo: :redjump: :swinghead: :victory: :happydance:

SoftSword
6th October 2010, 07:40 PM
enakku heroine illadha oru padathula thalaivar nadikkanumnu aasai.

Poornima
6th October 2010, 07:47 PM
GVM looks the best shot if Rajni is looking at a transition before choosing off-beat stuff (IF). a political thriller built around an angry, middle-aged cop, maybe? ah. wishes, horses and all that.

PARAMASHIVAN
6th October 2010, 07:48 PM

appO naanga padatha boycott pannuvOm :lol:

On a serious note heroine could be allowed, some one closer (well by ten years difference at least) like Madhuri dixit, Sridevi etc etc. aana intha duets ellam vendam samiyOv !

SoftSword
6th October 2010, 07:49 PM
thalaivar padatthulaye oru edatthula solraar... enakku dance varaadhunu... apram yaen avara thondharavu panranga...

Nerd
7th October 2010, 02:13 AM
Continuing on favorite dialogues from Enthiran -

Santhanam: Engala maadhiri thanni adippiyaa, dhum adippiyaa, vaandhi eduppiyaa?
Chitti: ManushangaLukkum enakkum avlOdhaanaa viththiyaasam? :lol:

jinju
9th October 2010, 07:01 PM
Kaadal Anukkal - that whole guitar strumming thing he does, and yes, the walk. style, thy second name is superstar, even at 60 :thumbsup: !

lord_labakudoss
10th October 2010, 10:30 PM

On a serious note heroine could be allowed, some one closer (well by ten years difference at least) like Madhuri dixit, Sridevi etc etc. aana intha duets ellam vendam samiyOv !

Yes - some one who has aged gracefully - like Nadiya..

And just for old times' sake - show a flashback like a song from Rajathi Raja 8-) That should be enough!

Sarna
11th October 2010, 12:28 PM
From other thread :

My favourite scenes/expressions of chitti ver 1.0 :

1. After getting human feelings, Aish kisses chitti. The face expression of chitti is :bow: :bow:

2. The nakkal/nayyaandi of chitti at Vasee, when he gives gift/rose to Aish :clap: :clap:

3. The first when chitti gets angry at vasee :clap: :clap:

4. The climax scene where chitti dismatles himself :clap: :clap: idhudhaandaa nadippu :smokesmirk:

Favourite scenes/expressions/acting of Chitti ver 2.0 :

1. When chitti v2.0 says sita-pirati asokavanam scene-party to aish.... chanceless... enna villaththanam :clap: :clap:

2. the complete episode of baa-baa-black sheep/robomaa :smokesmirk:

Favourite scenes/expressions/acting of Vasee :-

1. When Vasee sees the first time walk of chitti robo :D

2. Vasees reaction, when chitti says "vasee thaan en kadavul" :clap: :clap:

3. the full jealousy scenes of vasee, whenever chitti tries to impress aish infront of him. Thalaivar is simply awesome :clap: :clap:

4. Vasee(with chitti v2.0 getup) showing the fear while standing among the bunch of chitti v2.0 robos :clap: :clap:

5. Vasee's feelings when chitti dismantles himself :( awesome acting :clap: :clap:

PARAMASHIVAN
11th October 2010, 02:54 PM

Yes - some one who has aged gracefully - like Nadiya..

And just for old times' sake - show a flashback like a song from Rajathi Raja 8-) That should be enough!

good idea, nadiya still looks beuatiful for her age.

Kambar_Kannagi
14th October 2010, 07:29 PM
Found this and wanted to share.
One of the rare clip of Rajini sir. Taken in 1995 during charity concert in Malaysia-Singapore. :)

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1623012743526

Raikkonen
14th October 2010, 10:29 PM
kilimanjaro..

he looks dashing with the stubble.. 8-)

m_23_bayarea
14th October 2010, 10:53 PM
kilimanjaro..

he looks dashing with the stubble.. 8-)

My favorite song in the movie! And yes, he looks great in that song... 8-)

m_23_bayarea
15th October 2010, 09:48 PM
One of my favorite scenes/stunts (not in full in YouTube though) from one of my favorite movies...

The scene in the hospital encountering Sathyaraj in Naan Sigappu Manithan! 8-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaZTc-2fm3s

Plum
18th October 2010, 08:20 PM
Equa, this one's for you.
We talked about how Amitji in his masala mode appealed to you more - besides a body of untouchable work prior to it - but to me, Amitji in his masala mode days loses out badly.
Let's take romance - one can perhaps have subjective views on the overt, male-centric, masalaic, "I am God so I am not surprised you love and lust for me" mode of romance; say "gora rang kala na pad jaaye" vs "kaaLa kaaLa" - but gentle, run of the mill romance (during his masala says) in a like for like comparison, to me, completely eliminates Amitji as competition. Take for instance, netRikaNN. In a role that is dwarfed in front f the over-the-top chakravarthy, in a lose-lose situation, Rajini conjures up a few magic moments in Ramanin Mohanam. Forget the ultra stylish hand-in-pockets style of kaadhalin dheepam ondru, this one defines Rajini romance for me.

Watch out for the almost innocent, in-the-moment magic as he plays a overt hide-and-seek, the expressions and body language he conjures up as he sways in and out of the heroine's view behind a tree that hardly conceals him - the point of it being the little-nothingness of the gesture and moment - these are moments that cannot be Bacchan. Think Bachcan in his focussed soft romantic roles - kabhie kabhie, barsaat ki ek raat and the other one with rakhee and vinod mehra - in roles written to bring his chops on romance, bacchan just manages generic expressions. This is just one facet but I am sure I will be able to capture more in other facets as I re-catch more of 80s rajini.(Purely comparing masalaic stuff). And this in a rajini role that was purely functional, and perhaps was barely written. See the point?

Besides, he conjures up all these for...
...Menaka!
Just no comparison, I say, as an actor, with Amitji.

Plum
18th October 2010, 08:22 PM
I really feel that the overall "betterness" of Amitji's masala movies in comparison to the respective direct remakes with Rajini made with inferior directors, tends to cloud people's judgement when they compare him with Amitji. If one cares to look slighlty beneath the surface, Amitji is just no competition.

PARAMASHIVAN
18th October 2010, 08:28 PM
I really feel that the overall "betterness" of Amitji's masala movies in comparison to the respective direct remakes with Rajini made with inferior directors, tends to cloud people's judgement when they compare him with Amitji. If one cares to look slighlty beneath the surface, Amitji is just no competition.

Plum

what are you trying to say? Amitab is no competition to Rajni :roll:

Plum
18th October 2010, 08:33 PM
En sandhEgam?

PARAMASHIVAN
18th October 2010, 08:39 PM
IMHO, Amitab was quite over hyped those days, he had two advantages over other actors, they were his height and his voice, apart from that he was an 'OK' actor!

Rajni is a Much Much Much better actor than him.

Mithun Chakaraborti was one fine 'underated' actor of Bollywood during the BIG B era, he was the 'ICON' of disco dancing, he had a cult following him (mainly females )!

Raikkonen
18th October 2010, 10:49 PM
funny scene in baasha.
<ss removes all the bombs set by raghuvaran>

rv : <evil laugh and says someting>
ss: ella bomb-ayum eduthachu. salamalaikkum :lol:
rv: autokaran aayitiyye, pazhaya aata ellam maranthitiyo-nu nenachen :rotfl2:

rv and rajni had great chemistry.

tamizharasan
18th October 2010, 11:11 PM
IMHO, Amitab was quite over hyped those days, he had two advantages over other actors, they were his height and his voice, apart from that he was an 'OK' actor!

Rajni is a Much Much Much better actor than him.

Mithun Chakaraborti was one fine 'underated' actor of Bollywood during the BIG B era, he was the 'ICON' of disco dancing, he had a cult following him (mainly females )!

Is there any personal reason you like MC?

Poornima
19th October 2010, 01:42 AM
funny scene in baasha.

wa alaikkum salaam, actually... :)
he says that in response to mark anthony's last line that has 'as-salam-alaikkum baasha bhai'.... yeah, RK and raghuvaran had a good thing going.

m_23_bayarea
19th October 2010, 02:16 AM
funny scene in baasha.

he says that in response to mark anthony's last line that has 'as-salam-alaikkum baasha bhai'.... yeah, RK and raghuvaran had a good thing going.

Veliya satham kettuchu! Appove nenachen - nee ellathayum mudichiripa-nu. Palasellam innum marakala pola irukku. Naanum marakala, athanaala thaan veetuku naduvila bomb vechirukaen! :twisted: :skull:

SoftSword
19th October 2010, 06:40 AM
funny scene in baasha.

Veliya satham kettuchu! Appove nenachen - nee ellathayum mudichiripa-nu. Palasellam innum marakala pola irukku. Naanum marakala, athanaala thaan veetuku naduvila bomb vechirukaen! :twisted: :skull:
why don someone remake bhasha now... lets see if its possible to create that magic even if given a top-director, top-actor, top-producer crew...

AudazJay
19th October 2010, 10:09 AM

Plum

what are you trying to say? Amitab is no competition to Rajni :roll:

Paramau, this is what Plum said as well.

AudazJay
19th October 2010, 10:17 AM
funny scene in baasha.

I love the college scene. The abrupt changes in his expressions during the final dialogue exchange with the dean...The way he smiles and says, "Vellile sollide mattinggale?". His expressions then turns serious while uttering his famous dialogue, "naan oru thadava sonna, nooru thadava sonna mathiri". He then smiles again and claps to call the henchmen. :clap: :clap:

PARAMASHIVAN
19th October 2010, 04:53 PM
Is there any personal reason you like MC?

ada ada ungaluku memory romba powerfull :lol2: neenga ethaku keatkavareenga nu theriyum, aana naa bathil solla maaten :lol2: :poke:

m_23_bayarea
20th October 2010, 08:47 AM
Watching the mega blockbuster movie NAAN MAHAAN ALLA (1984)! 8-) 8-) 8-)

Poornima
20th October 2010, 11:49 AM

would love to watch rajni now in something politically incorrect in spirit. this was originally Naan Gandhi Alla, right? remember in bits, mostly the 'un mele oru kannu' track... :)

SuraTheLeader
20th October 2010, 12:28 PM
One of my Rajini's favourite is THEE, Bay's siggy for long time :) .....

In a scene,RAJINI will give the Half-Dollar note [ Code word for smuggling exchange ] to his opponent leader R.S.Manohar....
The deal will be that He should give some money after the smuggling is over to RAJINI...
But once the deal is over R.S will try to kill RAJINI to avoid his share...
At the Gun Point SUPER STAR will not get panic, and will be having Drink...
He wii say a small story : The Hen which lays a GOLDEN EGG DAILY...
R.S will say 'Naan chumma merattura mathiri nadichen ...'
SS : 'Naanu chumma oru kutty kadhaiya eduthu vitten' :lol:

sathya_1979
20th October 2010, 12:30 PM
Thee - one of my all time favs!

PARAMASHIVAN
20th October 2010, 02:10 PM
Thee my all time Favourite, reminds of Colombo so much, miss it badly :(

m_23_bayarea
20th October 2010, 10:01 PM
One of my Rajini's favourite is THEE, Bay's siggy for long time :) .....

In a scene,RAJINI will give the Half-Dollar note [ Code word for smuggling exchange ] to his opponent leader R.S.Manohar....
The deal will be that He should give some money after the smuggling is over to RAJINI...
But once the deal is over R.S will try to kill RAJINI to avoid his share...
At the Gun Point SUPER STAR will not get panic, and will be having Drink...
He wii say a small story : The Hen which lays a GOLDEN EGG DAILY...
R.S will say 'Naan chumma merattura mathiri nadichen ...'
SS : 'Naanu chumma oru kutty kadhaiya eduthu vitten' :lol:

Pathu kudhira race-la odnaalum, jeika porathu oru kudhira thaan! :smokesmirk:

m_23_bayarea
20th October 2010, 10:02 PM

would love to watch rajni now in something politically incorrect in spirit. this was originally Naan Gandhi Alla, right? remember in bits, mostly the 'un mele oru kannu' track... :)

Yes, that's how they end the movie! Rajini will go to the police station to surrender himself after he kills everyone, and they will show Gandhi's photo in the station, and Rajini will say "Naan Gandhi illa, Naan Mahaan alla" or something to that effect. Great movie overall! 8-)

One of Thalaivar's greatest dialogue comes right before the Interval in this movie - "Adi-ki adi, othai-ku otha, rathathuku ratham", and the way he expresses and says this is like a lion roaring! :smokesmile:

Nerd
21st October 2010, 06:58 PM
Thalapathy vimarsanam from Vikatan

அதிரடியாய் ஆயுத அரசங்கம் நடத்தி, பாதிக்கப்பட்ட ஏழைகளுக்கு நியாயம்

வழங்குகிற 'தாதா' மம்மூட்டி. அவரது அடியாளாக வரும் ஒருத்தன் அநியாயம் செய்ய, ரஜினி கொஞ்சம் ஓங்கித் தட்டிவிடுகிறார். ஆள் அவுட்! ரஜினி கம்பிகளுக்குப் பின்னால்! தன்னுடைய ஆள் செய்த அராஜகத்தைத் தெரிந்துகொண்ட பிறகு அடிமனசு நியாயம் உந்தித்தள்ள, ரஜினியை வெளியே கொண்டுவருகிறார் மம்மூட்டி!

மம்மூட்டியும் ரஜினியும் ஆரம்பத்தில் பரம வைரிகளாய் மோதுகிறபோது, 'ஐயையோ... படம் முழுக்க இப்படித்தானா...' என்ற பீதி லேசாக எழுகிறது. ஆனால், ஜெயிலிலிருந்து தன்னை விடுவித்தவர் என்ற ஒரே காரணத்துக்காக மம்மூட்டியிடமே போய்ச் சேருகிறார் ரஜினி. அதுவும் எப்படி... எடுத்த எடுப்பிலேயே உயிர்த்தோழனாக!

விதவை பானுப்ரியாவுக்குப் போதுமான 'வாழ்க்கைப் பாது காப்பு' இல்லை என்று சொரே லென்று உறைக்கிறபோது, மம் மூட்டி ரஜினியைக் கூப்பிட்டு, "இவ நெத்தியிலே பொட்டு வை!" என்று கட்டளையிடுகிறார். அவர் உரிமையோடு எடுத்த எதேச்சதிகார முடிவும், கை நடுங்க ரஜினி குங்குமம் வைப்பதைப் பார்க்கிறபோது அவர் முகத்தில் உண்டாகிற திருப்தியும் வித்தியாசமானவை. ஏக காலத்தில் நடந்து முடிகிற அந்தக் 'கல்யாண' விறுவிறுப்பு மணிரத்னத்தின் லாகவத்துக்குச் சரியான உதாரணம்!

'பிரமாதம்' என்று கிறக்கத்துடன் சொல்ல வைக்கிற பிரமையை 'ராக்கம்மா...' பாட்டிலேயே ஏற்படுத்திவிடுகிறார் இளையராஜா. காட்சியில் வரும் இயற்கையான சத்தங்களைத் தன் இசையோடு அற்புதமாகக் கலந்திருப்பது ஒரு இன்பச் சிலிர்ப்பு!

'தன் மகன்' என்று தெரிந்து ரஜினியை ஸ்ரீவித்யா சந்திக்கிற உருக்கத்தைவிட, அதற்கு முன்பே ஜெய்சங்கர் ரஜினியைச் சந்தித்து நிதானமாக உண்மையைச் சொல்கிற காட்சியில் ஆழம் அதிகம். பழைய கதையை ஜெய்சங்கர் சொல்லச் சொல்ல, மகிழ்ச்சியும் வேதனையும் கூடிக் குறைய, உணர்ச்சிப் பிரவாகம் எடுக்கிறது ரஜினி முகத்தில்!

இப்படி ரொம்ப நாளைக்கப்புறம் ரஜினிக்கு உணர்ச்சிகரமான ஸீன்கள் நிறைய! சின்னக் கூண் டுக்குள் அடைக்கப்பட்ட சிங் கத்தை வெளியே விட்டதுபோல் இருக்கிறது!

பட்டவர்த்தனமாய் ஓட்டை விழுகிற பல இடங்களைக் கொஞ்சம்கூடச் சிரமம் எடுத்து நிரப்பாமல், லாஜிக் பார்க்காமல் 'ஆவேசமாய்'த் தாண்டிப் போயிருக்கிறார் மணிரத்னம்.

'நிச்சய வெற்றி தருகிற - ரஜினி என்கிற அதிரடி ஆக்ஷன் நாயகன் இருக்கும்போது, எனக்கே உரிய புதுமையான முயற்சிகளை எதற்காக இதில் புகுத்தி வீணாக்க வேண்டும்?' என்று ஒரு வேளை அவர் முடிவு செய்திருக்கலாம்

:clap: And yen, ivainga Dharmadurai ellaam paakkalaiyaa...

Plum
21st October 2010, 07:15 PM
Not sure if it ws AV or Kumudham review of Thalapathy

sundari pAdalil, RAjinikki kimono udai aNivithu, shobanavukku "kizhavino" udai aNivithhu kiLukiLuppoottiyirukkiRArgaL

:banghead: :lol:

Nerd
21st October 2010, 07:18 PM
Yeah, Kumudam carried a scathing review of the film itself.

Plum
21st October 2010, 07:22 PM
Yeah, they said something like Manirathnathukku sarakku thIrndhu vittadhA enbadhu adutha padathil dhAn theriyum because this is a rajini film or something like that.

The next film was Roja.

raajarasigan
21st October 2010, 07:25 PM
Nerd,

Vikatan vimarsanam'na mark poduvaaingale.. evlo mark Thalapathy'kku...

Nerd
21st October 2010, 07:26 PM
Nerd,

No marks for some reason. Or did they miss it in the internet edition? yaaraachum vikatan vaangi verification pannunga :-)

I think Kumudam ended with thaLapthi - tholapthi :lol:

tamizharasan
21st October 2010, 07:29 PM
Nerd,

No marks for some reason. Or did they miss it in the internet edition? yaaraachum vikatan vaangi verification pannunga :-)

I think Kumudam ended with thaLapthi - tholapthi :lol:

vikatan did not give any marks to dhalapathy. It gave 3 out of 4 stars for thalapathy. They were using stars temporarily during that time.

In kalkandu they said thaLarpathy for thalapathy and review was overall negative. I am not sure about Kumudam.

Nerd
21st October 2010, 07:31 PM
vikatan did not give any marks to dhalapathy. It gave 3 out of 4 stars for thalapathy. They were using stars temporarily during that time.
I remember now, even Guna was given 3 out of 4 stars :-)

omega
21st October 2010, 07:35 PM
It was very unpopular so they reverted back to evaluating with marks.

Those days it was mostly Vikatan & Kumdam that we had to depend for the media (offcourse sooodaaana thinathanthi was always there alongwith other dailys) review. The following week of the diwali Vikatan had reviewed both Thalapathy & Guna on side by side pages.

m_23_bayarea
23rd October 2010, 01:12 AM
Some Thaliavar movies that I saw recently (since last weekend):

* YEJAMAAN (1993)

* THANGA MAGAN (1983)

* NAAN MAHAAN ALLA (1984)

m_23_bayarea
26th October 2010, 01:11 AM
Got the following DVDs this weekend:

* Priya (1978)

* Murattu Kaalai (1980)

* Billa (1980)

* Johny (1980)

* Pollathavan (1980)

* Ranga (1982)

* Moondru Mugam (1982)

* Mappillai (1989)

* Uzhaipaali (1993)

* Baasha (1995)

:bluejump: :boo: :redjump:

m_23_bayarea
28th October 2010, 10:02 PM
Watched Pollathavan and Priya in the last 3 days or so. Both great movies! 8-)

Miss Kavya
29th October 2010, 02:03 AM
Got the following DVDs this weekend:

* Priya (1978)

* Murattu Kaalai (1980)

* Billa (1980)

* Johny (1980)

* Pollathavan (1980)

* Ranga (1982)

* Moondru Mugam (1982)

* Mappillai (1989)

* Uzhaipaali (1993)

* Baasha (1995)

:bluejump: :boo: :redjump:

Good collection!

groucho070
29th October 2010, 08:03 AM
Thai Meethu Sathyam revisit.

Camp-na ithan camp-u. Garish bright colours, over the top acting, total disregard to logic, and a helpful dog.

Rajini's participation in the Tamizh film "cowboy" genre. I wish Irumbu Kottai had lifted more stuff from the "genuine" "cowboy" genre of the time by including the bombastic music also. Shankar Ganesh also lifted some stuff from Morricone, but who cares. Rajini actually fits in well in the outrageous environment. Though it belonged to Jai Shankar/Asohan/Karnan koottani, it looked like they could have continued more of this with Rajini. Too bad, it didn't last.

One thing, revisiting it, there was lots of unintentional comedy here. But it doesn't mean that you should hate it, there is some decent entertainment somewhere. Maybe the way Rajini twirls the gun, and flipping it to the other hand and back.

Does Kamal have his own "cowboy" film? :think:

m_23_bayarea
29th October 2010, 09:04 AM
Thai Meethu Sathyam revisit.

Yep, I revisited this movie recently! Pretty good one... 8-)

app_engine
29th October 2010, 09:25 AM
Does Kamal have his own "cowboy" film? :think:

Some scenes in"gerAftAr" :oops:

m_23_bayarea
29th October 2010, 09:31 AM
Talking about cowboys, I don't know if Rajini plays a cowboy in this movie, but it kinda looks like it... Nice song though! :)

Nenje Unn Asai - Naan Potta Saval

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs8ltnSLWds&feature=related

SuraTheLeader
29th October 2010, 08:35 PM
* Ranga (1982)

This is also one of my fav's movie...........
The small-stories which rajini says are very good....
RAJINI to His counterpart[Dont know his name] : On how Drinking is the root cause of all the problems...
Angel coming with liquor bottle in a hand and a small kid in the other hand. :clap:

The Song with the KID:
Tooth Paste irukku brush.....
SPB... JANAKI...

PARAMASHIVAN
29th October 2010, 08:50 PM
Rangaa

Good Film indeed ! :thumbsup:

Plum
29th October 2010, 09:57 PM
Am I the only guy here wqo has seen Ranga more than 5 times *in cinema hall*
(And yeah, I suppressed this information in the most times watched thread ;-) )

m_23_bayarea
29th October 2010, 10:14 PM
Am I the only guy here wqo has seen Ranga more than 5 times *in cinema hall*
(And yeah, I suppressed this information in the most times watched thread ;-) )

RANGA was Thalaiver's 75th film! :thumbsup:

kid-glove
29th October 2010, 10:15 PM
Is Ranga the film with that cup-kula-chain traumatic childhood episode (Asokan'lan varuvarE?) ?

m_23_bayarea
29th October 2010, 10:19 PM
Is Ranga the film with that cup-kula-chain traumatic childhood episode (Asokan'lan varuvarE?) ?

No clue what you're talking about! Please elaborate the scene... :)

kid-glove
29th October 2010, 10:52 PM

Child rajini would have won a prize, and a rich jealous classmate puts his chain inside, and maneuvers his father/grandfather (Asokan) to expel the child. Akka KRVijaya kaiya suttupanga, atha parthu kovam vandhu child rajini Asokan veedu pugundhu, classmate-a adipaaru. Padam fullA indha madhiri pOgum.

m_23_bayarea
29th October 2010, 11:02 PM

Child rajini would have won a prize, and a rich jealous classmate puts his chain inside, and maneuvers his father/grandfather (Asokan) to expel the child. Akka KRVijaya kaiya suttupanga, atha parthu kovam vandhu child rajini Asokan veedu pugundhu, classmate-a adipaaru. Padam fullA indha madhiri pOgum.

Yep, that's this movie! :P

m_23_bayarea
29th October 2010, 11:15 PM
Also, as I was watching PRIYA this week, this song En Uyir Neethane, there is a small exchange between Rajini and the heroine right before the song...

The heroine (Singapore local) asks Rajini to say something in their language. Rajini goes "Ahh, vera vela illa!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM9K-kL6DMc&feature=related

Plum
29th October 2010, 11:20 PM
padam fullA andha mAdhiri pOgAdhu kid. Ask me, I should know :oops:

The movie has several potential irritants, in retrospect - radhika as heroine and a glamorous one at that :banghead:, master suresh* doing his best shalini impersonation(and still failing to reach the heights of annoyance that shalini effortlessly did), karathE mani in a prominent role :banghead:, and of course, the crowning glory - a typical, moping KR Vijaya who generates enough tears to submerge a medium-sized island in the pacific.

HonestRaj
29th October 2010, 11:23 PM
* Ranga (1982)

This is also one of my fav's movie...........
The small-stories which rajini says are very good....
RAJINI to His counterpart[Dont know his name] : On how Drinking is the root cause of all the problems...
Angel coming with liquor bottle in a hand and a small kid in the other hand. :clap:

The Song with the KID:
Tooth Paste irukku brush.....
SPB... JANAKI...

my pick:
pattukOttai ammaalu

m_23_bayarea
29th October 2010, 11:24 PM
The movie has several potential irritants, in retrospect - radhika as heroine and a glamorous one at that :banghead:, master suresh* doing his best shalini impersonation(and still failing to reach the heights of annoyance that shalini effortlessly did), karathE mani in a prominent role :banghead:, and of course, the crowning glory - a typical, moping KR Vijaya who generates enough tears to submerge a medium-sized island in the pacific.

I love it! :notworthy: :lol:

vithagan
29th October 2010, 11:35 PM
Thalaivar's advice on Marriage.. From the comments I got the movie name as "Nandri Meendum varuga" not heard about the movie before.. but nice scene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz9YaV5BuqI

Nerd
29th October 2010, 11:38 PM
NMV is a mega-mokkai film starring Pothan and Suhasini directed by Mouli. Thalaivar's is a guest role. Only one scene if I am not wrong.

vithagan
29th October 2010, 11:39 PM
NMV is a mega-mokkai film starring Pothan and Suhasini directed by Mouli. Thalaivar's is a guest role. Only one scene if I am not wrong.

:ty: for the Info!

m_23_bayarea
30th October 2010, 12:42 AM
Also, as I was watching PRIYA this week, this song En Uyir Neethane, there is a small exchange between Rajini and the heroine right before the song...

The heroine (Singapore local) asks Rajini to say something in their language. Rajini goes "Ahh, vera vela illa!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM9K-kL6DMc&feature=related

One more trivia on PRIYA! The climax fight is not shot in Singapore but in San Francisco! I'm sure a lot of you already know this. I was just watching the awesome car chase/stunts, and soon realized, it was San Fran. At least the sequences where they don't show the actors but just the cars! 8-)

groucho070
30th October 2010, 10:14 AM
padam fullA andha mAdhiri pOgAdhu kid. Ask me, I should know :oops:

The movie has several potential irritants, in retrospect - radhika as heroine and a glamorous one at that :banghead:, master suresh* doing his best shalini impersonation(and still failing to reach the heights of annoyance that shalini effortlessly did), karathE mani in a prominent role :banghead:, and of course, the crowning glory - a typical, moping KR Vijaya who generates enough tears to submerge a medium-sized island in the pacific. :lol: I have revisited it on VCD couple of times. For Rajini only.

kid-glove
30th October 2010, 12:22 PM
There's also a small tribute to Vaathiyar in this film IIRC.

Poornima
31st October 2010, 05:04 PM
from Ramesh Sippy's Bhrashtachar...
cheesy in its own way but I like his look, the fact that he gets to speak some Urdu-laced Hindi and the BGM as he leaves court :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QerC6z2MBqw

m_23_bayarea
31st October 2010, 07:03 PM
cheesy in its own way but I like his look, the fact that he gets to speak some Urdu-laced Hindi and the BGM as he leaves court :-)

Look at all the comments underneath... :notworthy:

Poornima
1st November 2010, 01:02 PM

Look at all the comments underneath... :notworthy:

Rajni's was an extended cameo here... the film didn't do well but he had a good outing. interesting cast (Rekha and Mithun in the lead) too...

raghavendran
1st November 2010, 01:05 PM
naan sigappu manithan
the conversation between rajini and bhagyaraj in coll..where rajni wil b bleeding and bhagyaraj wil point out that..expressions of thalaivar :thumbsup: ..and the way he looks whether bhagyaraj has left..chanceless :clap:

m_23_bayarea
2nd November 2010, 08:07 PM
Awesome playlist on YouTube - Thalaivar hits!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csS7D2jkWUM&p=094153890F17657E&index=41&playnext=2

m_23_bayarea
2nd November 2010, 08:08 PM
naan sigappu manithan
the conversation between rajini and bhagyaraj in coll..where rajni wil b bleeding and bhagyaraj wil point out that..expressions of thalaivar :thumbsup: ..and the way he looks whether bhagyaraj has left..chanceless :clap:

NSM is one of my favorite movies. Very intense and action packed! Rajini rocked to the core... And yeah, Bagyaraj had some great moments too! 8-)

PARAMASHIVAN
2nd November 2010, 09:39 PM
Naan sigapu manithan yes , on my fav 2 :)

m_23_bayarea
8th November 2010, 04:42 AM
Watching the mega-blockbuster and AVM's come back movie MURATTU KAALAI (1980)... :smokesmirk:

1980 was such a great year for Thalaivar - a number of blockbusters and superhits. To highlight a few:

54. Billa

56. Anbukku Naan Adimai

57. Kali

60. Jhonny

63. Pollathavan

64. Murattu Kalai

:notworthy: :thumbsup: :clap:

PARAMASHIVAN
8th November 2010, 03:40 PM
Endhiran should be added to the poll

ajithfederer
11th November 2010, 12:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlYJd-bLiPk

I have always liked the film Velaikaaran very much. Rajni totally matches the pattikaatan(No pun intended) coming into the city. It's the Rajni element which makes many things funny in the process. You've got everything in this film. With VKR (Aaa :lol:) as his thaatha the second half is pure fun. "Moodhevi, nalla padiya than vaazthi tholayen". after the birthday song is :rotfl:. Plum's fav KR Vijaya is passable. Sarath babu is good too. Nasser is okay in his early sterotypical roles. And I happen to notice that Rajni films have pretty absurd but very funny nick names (Alberto dicasto roterix, Yemandis to name a few.

And btw, Beatty quween amala :slurp:.

Songs ellam attagasam. IR :bow:. I've to borrow a phrase somebody used in hub here. "Oru padathula ellarum evvalavu effort pottu nadichirundhaalum IR adhai ellam thooki saapidura madhiri music poduvaar"nnu yaaro inge sonnanga. That's completely true.

This film takes a special place in 80's Comedies. Certainly not in the fun league of Thillu Mullu or Guru sishyan but this has a special place in Rajni's filmography.

Nerd
11th November 2010, 12:28 AM
Songs ellam attagasam. IR :bow:. I've to borrow a phrase somebody used in hub here. "Oru padathula ellarum evvalavu effort pottu nadichirundhaalum IR adhai ellam thooki saapidura madhiri music poduvaar"nnu yaaro inge sonnanga. That's completely true.

Disagree with just this point. One of IR's weak efforts. The benchmark being IR's other late 80s stuff. Except thOttathula paaththi katti I don't listen to other songs. And the next favorite song in this album is Pallavi's enakku thaa. Mano spoils the album, IMO and MV was given a couple of unimaginative (again the benchmark is IR himself) numbers.

ajithfederer
11th November 2010, 12:35 AM
Songs are pure catchy tunes-nga Nerd. Many are still hummable. I agree they are not great. But still they deliver the purpose and eminently listenable.

Velai illathavan than song singlehandedly establishes rajni's character in the film. Idhu pudikaliya? :roll:.

Thotathula paathikatti is a gem. Adhai ningale solliteenga

Pethu eduthava than is a good pathos song. Very good to watch. Rajni is good with emotions.

Vaa vaa kanna va is a good romance song nga. One of my fav's.

Disagree with just this point. One of IR's weak efforts. The benchmark being IR's other late 80s stuff. Except thOttathula paaththi katti I don't listen to other songs. And the next favorite song in this album is Pallavi's enakku thaa. Mano spoils the album, IMO and MV was given a couple of unimaginative (again the benchmark is IR himself) numbers.

m_23_bayarea
11th November 2010, 12:44 AM
Great entertainer movie! My favorite songs are the ones Nerd mentioned too. I love the Pallavi song a lot! Vaa Vaa Vaa song was such a great hit in those days, but to me, it's such a boring/dragging song. I prefer pretty much all the other songs in this movie to that one... :oops:

kid-glove
11th November 2010, 12:55 AM
Great entertainer movie! My favorite songs are the ones Nerd mentioned too. I love the Pallavi song a lot! Vaa Vaa Vaa song was such a great hit in those days, but to me, it's such a boring/dragging song. I prefer pretty much all the other songs in this movie to that one... :oops:

:shock: Thought it's liked by all Rajini fans. And non-Rajini fans, at least for thanga thalaivi Amala (she's got "some" moves man!). Why Bay, because of some taboo stories on that song shoot?

P_R
11th November 2010, 12:58 AM
I like the Namak Halal songs better

1) pag gungroo bandh
2) thOdi si jo pi li hai
3) aaj rapat jaaayE (rain song featuring Smita Patil - indhiya cinemavil idhu oru kalaachaara mile kal)
4) raat baaki - fantasticism
5) jawani jaane man

Bappi Lahiri :clap:

Kisor and AsAbOsA :thumbsup:

m_23_bayarea
11th November 2010, 12:59 AM
:shock: Thought it's liked by all Rajini fans. And non-Rajini fans, at least for thanga thalaivi Amala (she's got "some" moves man!). Why Bay, because of some taboo stories on that song shoot?

I don't know what "taboo" stories you're talking abt! May be you can list them down, so we can have some deep discussions here! :)

Well, that song for me, it's just slow, or because it has 3 stanzas, or I don't know, or can't explain. I usually just wait for it to end! :oops:

m_23_bayarea
11th November 2010, 01:00 AM
P_R: Did you come to a wrong forum or thread? :P :roll:

No need to explain... I think I know the context! :notworthy:

Avadi to America
11th November 2010, 01:04 AM
Watching the mega-blockbuster and AVM's come back movie MURATTU KAALAI (1980)... :smokesmirk:

1980 was such a great year for Thalaivar - a number of blockbusters and superhits. To highlight a few:

54. Billa

56. Anbukku Naan Adimai

57. Kali

60. Jhonny

63. Pollathavan

64. Murattu Kalai

:notworthy: :thumbsup: :clap:

Seems the year started with stylish urban/mafia movie "BILLA" and ended with mass movie set in rural milieu.....

Indeed, Billa is a career defined or assured the stardom for thalivar.

kid-glove
11th November 2010, 01:04 AM
I like the Namak Halal songs better

1) pag gungroo bandh
2) thOdi si jo pi li hai
3) aaj rapat jaaayE (rain song featuring Smita Patil - indhiya cinemavil idhu oru kalaachaara mile kal)
4) raat baaki - fantasticism
5) jawani jaane man

Bappi Lahiri :clap:

Kisor and AsAbOsA :thumbsup:

As much as I like Bachchan here, that song has some embarrassing moments, as some of the moves looked completely unsuited to him. No chemistry with Smita, there's something wrong here. :oops:

Plum
11th November 2010, 09:06 AM
Git, amitji romanceum oru vagaila gounderism dhaan. Easiky this alone relegates him miles below Rajini. I will not even brung kamal and the m's

P_R
11th November 2010, 11:26 AM
As much as I like Bachchan here, that song has some embarrassing moments, as some of the moves looked completely unsuited to him. No chemistry with Smita, there's something wrong here. :oops:
Oh the poor dear Smitha was so lost. I thought that was what the song's cult status is all about. :P

Plum
11th November 2010, 11:31 AM
If anything is wrong, it is with Amit-ji.

Smita's awesomeness is such that despite the thaNdA thaNdA pAni reaction of Amit-ji, she still managed to rev-up the sequence.

hamid
11th November 2010, 11:35 AM
Sorry for the silly question.. :oops:
is that Silk smitha you are talking about? :roll: or any other Hindi actress?

Plum
11th November 2010, 11:36 AM
Smita Patil, Hamid

P_R
11th November 2010, 11:44 AM

Smita's awesomeness is such that despite the thaNdA thaNdA pAni reaction of Amit-ji, she still managed to rev-up the sequence.

Ah come on. veRuppu ungaL kaNgaLai maRaikkiRadhu. :-)
Total 'Kamala Kamesh trying to oomph' feel.

Plum
11th November 2010, 11:45 AM
veRuppu illai Smita-ji mEla uLLa pAsam :-)

kid-glove
11th November 2010, 12:51 PM

Ah come on. veRuppu ungaL kaNgaLai maRaikkiRadhu. :-)
Total 'Kamala Kamesh trying to oomph' feel.

I agree with Plum. Heres' an actress who could rev-up chemistry with buffalo if she wants to. Even if I notice that she's uncomfortable doing this particular song. But this song is more of Amitji trying to be sensual. He's truly limited in this respect. Fiat car mela yEri edho try pannuvaaru. To be honest, not many actors could do that. One among those few is Shashi kapoor (who I think is wasted as sidekick in many of the films), who interrupts them at end of of the song.

Plum
11th November 2010, 12:55 PM
Hate to say this, Smita-ji has actually, in her career, done things close to what git-ji called as "revving it up with a buffalo".

I mean, kulbhUshan karbandA(What a name!), Raj Rubber, Om Puri, even Shah-ji - her list of co-stars who she has had to rev-it up with is not exactly a bunch of lookers or dashing fellows. It is purely her charisma and sensuality that shines through in these sequences.
I think there is one with Om Shiv Puri that takes the cake.

groucho070
11th November 2010, 01:10 PM
"revving it up with a buffalo" :rotfl:

kid-glove
11th November 2010, 01:11 PM
Hate to say this, Smita-ji has actually, in her career, done things close to what git-ji called as "revving it up with a buffalo".

I mean, kulbhUshan karbandA(What a name!), Raj Rubber, Om Puri, even Shah-ji - her list of co-stars who she has had to rev-it up with is not exactly a bunch of lookers or dashing fellows. It is purely her charisma and sensuality that shines through in these sequences.

Rajesh Khanna in Nazrana. All the shots with his back to the camera helps rev-up the chemistry. Enuf said.

His dance with Smita (who dumbs herself down at many places) :rotfl:

There are scenes with Sri Devi where they actually use bad makeup to make her look dark. Smita again comes off as better actress.

P_R
11th November 2010, 01:33 PM

பனகல், நகலா நீ மாதிரி ஆர்ட்ஹௌசெல்லாம் சேர்க்கக்கூடாது. அதெல்லாம் கலைக்கண்.

Fullblooded raindance, டூயட் எல்லாம் கூட பண்ணிருக்காங்களா. பார்க்கவே பாவமா இருன்ச்சுங்க.

tvsankar
11th November 2010, 08:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYKlN2dwSy4&feature=player_embedded#!

m_23_bayarea
12th November 2010, 12:33 AM
Watched RANGA last night, and now it's JOHNY! :boo:

app_engine
12th November 2010, 01:47 AM
'ஆஜ் ரப்பட்'டுக்கு என்ன கொறச்சல்? :?

'namak halAl' trailer -primarily featuring this song and another dance number, was it Parveen B ? - created so much of sensation those days on theater! (I happened to watch the trailer at least thrice).

And we a bunch of students were properly ஆஜர் in theater (Sona in Trichy? or was it Maris complex? Don't remember correctly now) when the movie came :-)

Then when the movie made it to the college audi, we noted down the song timing during first show.

The whole gang went to the audi just for the song during 2nd show :-)

Sad that Smita Patil died so young :-(

m_23_bayarea
20th November 2010, 08:36 PM
Watching BILLA this morning!

Intha Billa yaar kailayum pidi padavum maattan, ivana yaaralayum pidikavum mudiyaathu.

Nerd
22nd November 2010, 08:38 PM
Portions of Mullum Malarum yesterday.

The scene in which Rajini asks Shoba 'kudumbathai kaappaathura periya manushi aayittungeelaa' after catching her at her first day job ever. 'pathu vayasulayE ungalai naan kaapathinEn, ippO onnum kurainju pOyidalai'.

Greatest and the most subtle (relatively) portrayal of a Bro-Sis relationship ever in Tamil cinema. Million thanks to thalaivar's favorite director ever, Mahendran. And Rajini's performance, each and every expression-unbelievable. And he was what, only 28 when the film released. What an achievement :bow:

m_23_bayarea
22nd November 2010, 08:54 PM
And he was what, only 28 when the film released. What an achievement :bow:

HonestRaj
22nd November 2010, 11:33 PM

The scene in which Rajini asks Shoba 'kudumbathai kaappaathura periya manushi aayittungeelaa' after catching her at her first day job ever. 'pathu vayasulayE ungalai naan kaapathinEn, ippO onnum kurainju pOyidalai'.

Greatest and the most subtle (relatively) portrayal of a Bro-Sis relationship ever in Tamil cinema. Million thanks to thalaivar's favorite director ever, Mahendran. And Rajini's performance, each and every expression-unbelievable. And he was what, only 28 when the film released. What an achievement :bow:

oru kai pOnadhum shoba Rajini yai sudu thanni erakki veikka solra idam nalla irukkum..

SuraTheLeader
23rd November 2010, 03:00 PM
The scene where Rajini beats his colleague for giving false news about him to sarathbabu...
After the crowd pulls him back from the fight,
RAJINI : Avan sonna ellathayum poruthukkuven...Aana en thangachiya patini pottutu naan poi kudipennu sonnan... Adha mattum ennala poruthukka mudiyula...
En thangachi oru naal sappudlana, Adhu indha KALI setha naaladhan irukkum :clap:

Plum
23rd November 2010, 03:06 PM

Absoleetly.
Rajini's performance is beyond style, ticks and comfort zone. Well-rounded performance. Pachan sahib ellAm not fossible.

Note 1: A telugu remake with Mohanbabu(kALi)-Revathy(vaLLi) exists. Neither live up to the original performances of Rajini/Shobha

Note 2: A hindi remake with Mithunda-???? exists. Not even up to the telugu remake.

app_engine
23rd November 2010, 07:21 PM
Pachan sahib ellAm not fossible.

(BP)Mazhai ninnAlum Plumbing leak nikkAdhO?

Nerd
23rd November 2010, 07:33 PM

Absoleetly.
Rajini's performance is beyond style, ticks and comfort zone. Well-rounded performance. Pachan sahib ellAm not fossible.

Note 1: A telugu remake with Mohanbabu(kALi)-Revathy(vaLLi) exists. Neither live up to the original performances of Rajini/Shobha

Note 2: A hindi remake with Mithunda-???? exists. Not even up to the telugu remake.

Note 3: Malayalam remake with an unknown entity as the keerO and Sri Vidya playing padaphat's character. Highly annoying. I have seen a few scenes.

Watched the rest of the scenes yesterday. VAM has given a knock-out performance as well. Wonderfully acted by everyone. Whats the name of that payapulla, who is also seen in UdhirippookkaL? The scene in which Rajini slowly loses the grip on VAM's shirt (also aided by VAM) just before the climax caught my attention yesterday. Simply outstanding.

Also in the climax after Valli returns to Kaali, Kaali makes the decision in a matter of few seconds. It was subtly yet beautifully shown by Mahendran and wonderfully acted by Rajini. I thought I would post the YouTube video and highlight those 2-3 seconds but the climax has been removed from YouTube. High time I upload it along with a few more scenes.

jaiganes
23rd November 2010, 09:32 PM

Absoleetly.

Note 3: Malayalam remake with an unknown entity as the keerO and Sri Vidya playing padaphat's character. Highly annoying. I have seen a few scenes.

Watched the rest of the scenes yesterday. VAM has given a knock-out performance as well. Wonderfully acted by everyone. Whats the name of that payapulla, who is also seen in UdhirippookkaL? The scene in which Rajini slowly loses the grip on VAM's shirt (also aided by VAM) just before the climax caught my attention yesterday. Simply outstanding.

Also in the climax after Valli returns to Kaali, Kaali makes the decision in a matter of few seconds. It was subtly yet beautifully shown by Mahendran and wonderfully acted by Rajini. I thought I would post the YouTube video and highlight those 2-3 seconds but the climax has been removed from YouTube. High time I upload it along with a few more scenes.

And Raamen aandaalum is the "Definitive Rajini song". period.

m_23_bayarea
23rd November 2010, 09:40 PM

Review by Ananda Vikatan Dated 3.9.1978

Review by Thina Thanthi

http://rajinifans.com/movie_detail.html?rId=177

Video Gallery:

http://rajinifans.com/video_clip.html?rId=167

vithagan
23rd November 2010, 09:55 PM
"முள்ளும் மலரும்'', பல பரிசுகளை வென்றது. "காலத்தால் அழிக்க முடியாத காவியம்'' என்று ரசிகர்களாலும், விமர்சகர்களாலும் போற்றப்படும் படங்களில் ஒன்று "முள்ளும் மலரும்.''

Nerd
23rd November 2010, 10:00 PM

Video Gallery:

http://rajinifans.com/video_clip.html?rId=167
Nice collection of videos :clap:

Raaman Aandaalum - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2twwBOo__0

Nitham Nitham - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bk_0PYlJ58

Senthazham Poovil - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ5V7JQN4Kk&feature=related

Adi Penne - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmQZ9GMt71M

Maaniname - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bcaz7AcRpy4

cm123
26th November 2010, 10:28 PM
watching Maaveeran after so many years..

Vanagad vanga .. :smokesmirk: one of the best opening songs

Yei Maina :musicsmile: Thalaivar's dance at his best.He is so ease at this.

Nee koduthatha and nan koduthatha .. wow what a songs

jaiganes
27th November 2010, 12:30 AM
Best portion about Raamen aandaalum is
third stanza...
"Ponnaa poopoothu vairam kaaikaachu".
When the song reaches "Kai irukku ozaichu kaaturen" Rajini's fervor reaches crazy energy levels, he throws the stick away and then does a step (about 3-15 to 3-25 in the song) that is absolutely cool, defines the character and sticks to the beat - everything is picture perfect..
Directors/screenwriters have very less contribution in song sequences. considering that , it is wonderful to think how Lyricist wrote this song and choreographer designed that particular movement and offcourse Raaja conjured up the right energy in beats all set up for Rajini to scorch the screen.
As I said earlier - Picture PERFECT.
There has been no better Rajini song since this.
I say this not from a star projection angle, but just considering the energy level Rajini has shown in this song while being uber cool.

Plum
27th November 2010, 05:26 AM
"Kai irukku". Never noticed before, the irony in the lyric, considering what happens to kALi right after this song.

Nerd
28th November 2010, 12:07 AM
Panakkaran, thanks to Sun TV. Watching it after more than 5 years.There are many embarrassing scenes like the scene in which thalaivar pours kerosene over himself. But there are many awesome scenes too like the scene in which thalaivar talks in English non-stop for close to two minutes. Uses words like flabbergast. :clap:

Nooru varusham, what an awesome song. One of my favorite Mano songs. In fact all the songs are very enjoyable and huge hits.

So w.r.to P.Vasu Mannan >> Uzhaippali >> Panakkaran >>> Chandramukhi.

Nerd
28th November 2010, 12:16 AM
And back to back appan-aathaa-pEr-theriyaamal-climax-il-theriya-varum films for thalaivar

Panakkaran - 1990
Thalapathy - 1991

m_23_bayarea
28th November 2010, 08:02 PM
Watching it after more than 5 years.There are many embarrassing scenes like the scene in which thalaivar pours kerosene over himself.

:hammer:

Panakkaran, is one my favorite "masala" movies of Thalaiver! When it comes to P. Vasu, it is my favorite too! I have seen all of P. Vasu - Rajini movies in the theatres, but I don't think I have seen the response that Panakkaran got for the others, not even Mannan! My list will go like this: Panakkaran, Mannan, CM, and Uzhaipaali (I just hated Uzhaipaali)... :oops:

m_23_bayarea
28th November 2010, 08:04 PM
And back to back appan-aathaa-pEr-theriyaamal-climax-il-theriya-varum films for thalaivar

Panakkaran - 1990
Thalapathy - 1991

* Panakkaran - Pongal 90
* Athisaya Piravi - Deepavali 90
* Dharmadurai - Pongal 91
* Thalapathy - Deepavalai 91

:thumbsup:

omega
28th November 2010, 08:06 PM
Watching it after more than 5 years.There are many embarrassing scenes like the scene in which thalaivar pours kerosene over himself.

:hammer:

Panakkaran, is one my favorite "masala" movies of Thalaiver! When it comes to P. Vasu, it is my favorite too! I have seen all of P. Vasu - Rajini movies in the theatres, but I don't think I have seen the response that Panakkaran got for the others, not even Mannan! My list will go like this: Panakkaran, Mannan, CM, and Uzhaipaali (I just hated Uzhaipaali)... :oops:

Nothing beats Mannan IMO...
Have watched it more than 7 times in theatre during its release time. Have even watched it in Telugu (dubbed version after the success of Baatsha)..

Nerd
29th November 2010, 02:12 AM

Panakkaran - 1990
Thalapathy - 1991

* Panakkaran - Pongal 90
* Athisaya Piravi - Deepavali 90
* Dharmadurai - Pongal 91
* Thalapathy - Deepavalai 91

:thumbsup:

Sorry, wrong choice of words. Btw, uzhaippaali last-aa?? :twisted: only turn off is roja. Even the comedy >>unfunny Janakaraj in Panakkaran.

PARAMASHIVAN
29th November 2010, 09:41 PM
How come every time MM gets a vote Thalapathy also gets equal no of votes ???

A user with multiple ID's must be doing it :lol2:

groucho070
1st December 2010, 11:12 AM
So w.r.to P.Vasu Mannan >> Uzhaippali >> Panakkaran >>> Chandramukhi.Panakkaran>>>Mannan>>>Uzhaipaali>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Chandramukhi, and then that film with dolphin.

m_23_bayarea
1st December 2010, 12:18 PM
So w.r.to P.Vasu Mannan >> Uzhaippali >> Panakkaran >>> Chandramukhi.Panakkaran>>>Mannan>>>Uzhaipaali>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Chandramukhi, and then that film with dolphin.

Completely agreed! 8-)

jaiganes
1st December 2010, 08:21 PM
UzaippaaLi is the only original one, while rest of them all are remakes... Some one needs to compile list of original movies of Rajini - my guess is most of them will be in the very early days...

kid-glove
1st December 2010, 08:29 PM

Let's not run the risk of underrating Thalapathi. It's definitely among the best films of RK.

It's eminently re-watchable.

Plum
1st December 2010, 08:56 PM
Worker >> King >> Rich Man >>>>> MoonFacey

Worker has a major deterrent in Rose but VictoryPeace in King, especially in that "Cold is Beating" song is quite horrendous!

PARAMASHIVAN
1st December 2010, 09:19 PM

Let's not run the risk of underrating Thalapathi. It's definitely among the best films of RK.

It's eminently re-watchable.

Agree , but some how I feel his acting was excellent in MM, arul irunthu 60 varai, engeyo keata kural compared to Thalapathy 8-)

PARAMASHIVAN
1st December 2010, 09:21 PM

Worker has a major deterrent in Rose but VictoryPeace in King, especially in that "Cold is Beating" song is quite horrendous!

Plum

Why so much grudge againts Roja :roll:

BTW Uzhapali fits the description of labourer rather than worker :)

AudazJay
2nd December 2010, 09:47 AM

Vijayashanthi- horrendous? :shock: I personally thought she did a wonderful job in Mannan. On the other hand, Sridevi in Laadla :evil: ...now that is horrendous!

Nerd
2nd December 2010, 07:46 PM
Some one needs to compile list of original movies of Rajini - my guess is most of them will be in the very early days...
Naanga list pOttu vechirukkOm - http://old.rajinifans.com/movie_database/remake_movies.php

And on these, most of them are *loosely inspired*like,
- Hum/Batsha
- Viswanatha/NMA
- Raja Rani/Adutha Vaarisu

Only very few are scene by scene copies.

Avadi to America
2nd December 2010, 07:51 PM

Vijayashanthi- horrendous? :shock: I personally thought she did a wonderful job in Mannan. On the other hand, Sridevi in Laadla :evil: ...now that is horrendous!

Sridevi vidunga..... anil kapoor in thalivar's role.... :x

raghavendran
2nd December 2010, 07:53 PM
Some one needs to compile list of original movies of Rajini - my guess is most of them will be in the very early days...
Naanga list pOttu vechirukkOm - http://old.rajinifans.com/movie_database/remake_movies.php

- Hum/Batsha
- Viswanatha/NMA

Only very few are scene by scene copies.rajni did all these films in his way..rather than copying wat bachchan did..that needs a special mention :)

jaiganes
2nd December 2010, 08:38 PM

- Hum/Batsha
- Viswanatha/NMA

Only very few are scene by scene copies.
cool!!
True - most of the movies save for a few like "naan adimai illai" awere nicely updated to native taste. and I quite agree with what raghavendran said about Rajini carving out his own style instead of emulating bacchan.
What I miss in Rajini of these days from the Rajini of 80s is moments of "absolute drunken stupor" as seen in movies like Mapillai, Maaveeran where one felt Rajini enjoyed himself. These days I feel like having to see a well santized character, which is "quite out of character" for Rajini. Price one has to pay for new market like children and new age northie aunties.

Nerd
7th December 2010, 10:19 PM
Sun Music last weekend played non-stop thalaivar club (thalaivar dancing in a hotel party room) songs. There is like so many of them. And in at least 3-4 thalaivar had danced extremely well (to his standards).

1. Oththadi oththadi oramaa oththadi - Dharmathin Thalaivan
2. Poo..maaa..lai oru paavaiyaanadhu - Thanga Magan
3. Aasai nooru vagai - Adutha Vaarisu
4. Pattukkottai Ammalu - Ranga
5. Aadi maasa kaathadikka - Kaali
6. My name is Billa - Billa

There's more, they played around 10. Can anybody add to this list :-)

SuraTheLeader
7th December 2010, 10:23 PM
7.Thotathhula paathi katti - Velaikaaran

SuraTheLeader
7th December 2010, 10:26 PM
May be a amall song[Played in radio] which is also Thalaivar's Intro:
8.Nooru Varusham - Panakkaran

Nerd
7th December 2010, 10:33 PM
Bro, nooru varusham happens in Vijayakumar's house is it not?

9. Adi jumpa jeyippathintha ( :lol: ) from Pandiyan