PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Scenes/Songs from THALAIVAR Rajini films #3

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

Thirumaran
26th May 2010, 04:27 PM
I'm actually wondering how did they manage to get such reputation for their reviews :roll:
My parents still judge a movie based on the Vikatan rating. Leading thamizh magazine for over 50 years. Very widely read. etc are the reasons I think. I have even seen directors looking forward to their reviews. ippO kooda neeyA naanA kObi while introducing pandiraj in one of the episodes went, "vikatan aimbadhu mark kuduthu paaraattiya"...

They were good till 10 years back barring few glitches. There were days we used to watch movie based on only vikatan reviews.

yeah.. Vikatan Reviews enjoyed a greater respect among public.. Padam Publicity panrathukku kooda the marks were used widely.. best example was Puthiya Paathai movie which got some 50 + marks. Antha marks otti posters ellaam kooda naan paarthirukaen :P

One major sarukkal they got was their most one sided bad review they gave for Balachander movie vaanamae ellai.. where as all the other magazines gave a much positive review for the same movie.. ippellaam yaarum vikatan marks a perusaa kandukirathilla..

But for the past 10 years or so, Kh is in their bad book. Beats me!

and that is one of the reasons, vikatan reviews are not in good books of people :wink:

Nerd
26th May 2010, 08:26 PM
I have DVDs of about 45 thalaivar films :boo:

Name them?

1.Moonru Mudichu
2.Ilamai Oonjalaadugiradhu
3.Aayiram Jenmangal
4.Avargal
5.Bairavi
6.Mullum Malarum
7.Thappu Thalangal
8.Ninaithaale inikkum
9.Dharma Yuddham
10.6 to 60
11.Billa
12.Johnny
13.Murattu Kaalai
14.Thillu Mullu
15.Netrikkan
16.Moonru Mugam
17.Thanga Magan
18.Thaai Veedu
19.Paayum Puli
20.Guru Sishyan
21.Padikkathavan
22.Thambikku entha ooru
23.Kai kodukkum Kai
24.Sri Raghavendra
25.Un Kannil Neer Vazhindhaal
26.Naan Sigappu Manithan
27.Nallavanukku Nallavan
28.Mr. Bharath
29.Viduthalai
30.Velaikkaran
31.Manithan
32.Dharmathin Thalaivan
33.Kodi Parakkuthu
34.Rajathi Raja
35.Mappillai
36.Panakkaran
37.Mannan
38.Dharmadurai
39.Athisiya Piravi
40.Thalapathi
41.Annamalai
42.Batsha
43.Uzhaippali
44.Ejamaan
45.Veera
46.Muthu
47.Padayappa
48.BOSS

littlemaster1982
26th May 2010, 08:45 PM
All originals?

tamizharasan
26th May 2010, 08:46 PM
I have DVDs of about 45 thalaivar films :boo:

Name them?

1.Moonru Mudichu
2.Ilamai Oonjalaadugiradhu
3.Aayiram Jenmangal
4.Avargal
5.Bairavi
6.Mullum Malarum
7.Thappu Thalangal
8.Ninaithaale inikkum
9.Dharma Yuddham
10.6 to 60
11.Billa
12.Johnny
13.Murattu Kaalai
14.Thillu Mullu
15.Netrikkan
16.Moonru Mugam
17.Thanga Magan
18.Thaai Veedu
19.Paayum Puli
20.Guru Sishyan
21.Padikkathavan
22.Thambikku entha ooru
23.Kai kodukkum Kai
24.Sri Raghavendra
25.Un Kannil Neer Vazhindhaal
26.Naan Sigappu Manithan
27.Nallavanukku Nallavan
28.Mr. Bharath
29.Viduthalai
30.Velaikkaran
31.Manithan
32.Dharmathin Thalaivan
33.Kodi Parakkuthu
34.Rajathi Raja
35.Mappillai
36.Panakkaran
37.Mannan
38.Dharmadurai
39.Athisiya Piravi
40.Thalapathi
41.Annamalai
42.Batsha
43.Uzhaippali
44.Ejamaan
45.Veera
46.Muthu
47.Padayappa
48.BOSS

Ok I have around thirty and most of them match with you. The only exception is chandramukhi.

Nerd
26th May 2010, 08:47 PM
All originals?
No. There are no originals of obscure ones like Aayiram Jenmangal, bairavi etc.. Around 30 are original I think..

HonestRaj
26th May 2010, 09:24 PM
All originals?
No. There are no originals of obscure ones like Aayiram Jenmangal, bairavi etc.. Around 30 are original I think..

ippa ellam 4 in 1.. 5 in 1 ellam varudhu.. avg. print than

PARAMASHIVAN
26th May 2010, 09:25 PM
All originals?

ippa ellam 4 in 1.. 5 in 1 ellam varudhu.. avg. print than

:exactly:

littlemaster1982
26th May 2010, 09:52 PM
All originals?

Good collection :thumbsup:

Nerd
26th May 2010, 09:53 PM
Paramu, please stop talking about Rajini in all the threads and also please stop provoking others. Kind request.

PARAMASHIVAN
26th May 2010, 09:55 PM
Paramu, please stop talking about Rajini in all the threads and also please stop provoking others. Kind request.
ok :huh:

groucho070
11th June 2010, 08:32 AM
Thambikku Entha Ooru (again, no thanks to my wife's Rajini Film Addiction [RFA, no cure at the moment].)

Though Tillu Mullu is Rajini's best comedy movie, it also benefited from good writing and surefire comedy premise of one man pretending to be two.

Not in the case of TEO, which relies entirely on Rajini's performance. This is an all out performance based film, take Rajini out, it stinks!

Some scenes, tiny gestures, but was a laugh out loud moments.

1. After encounter with father, he packs up, even unscrewing light bulb, and potted flower :lol: . Check out his body language when VSR offers his an old bag, the immediate disgust reaction.

2. All the fish-out-of-water moments when he reaches the village. "Perivangga, enakkaga kaali pannittu porangga". Washing the bull scene, the paddy field scene (the gentle way he dusts the stalk, then ravaging them), the milking the cow scene. In fact, just before milking the cow: Senthamarai will call Sulakshana from the house when she and Rajini is in the shed, Rajini, totally lost, responds effeminitely, "itho vanthutengga!" :lol:

3. Naturally Paappa Potta Taappa, the way he reacts when he reads the title, hides in inside his shirt, looks out to see if anyone was around, then proceeds to read, puts pillow on his lap and fans himself....nobody writes this in script, it's purely Rajini moment.

4. Oh yeah, the snake scene :lol:

5. "Enakku Karate ellam therium"....the elephant, "athukku theriyathe". Lame line, but Rajini made it funny.

6. "athu eppadi agayattta parthu time sollure? Unggappa enna mela watch katti tonggavittutaraa?" :lol:

I can go on, never get tired of revisiting this film. Forever a classic :thumbsup:

Edit. Need to mention it. During the "watch in the sky" scene, Rajini casually picks up something from sulakshana's hand and pops it inside his mouth...only to realise it's chilly :lol: Oh man...the casualness of it all....

Vivasaayi
11th June 2010, 09:22 AM
Groucho,

My most fav rajni movie - after Johnny.

Rajni,sulokshana and the kid washing a Bull

Rajni: aamaa ... idhu oru naalaikku ethana litre paal karakkum?"

sulokshana: "yov..idhu kaala maaduyya"

rajni: "adhanaala enna?.."

sulokshana: :blush:

rajni: (looks down) "oooo....oooo......therila" :lol:

ONLY rajni fossible :clap:

---

to the kid : "periya vivasaaya vingyaanidaa neeyi"

---

rajni enters madhavais room in his own style

madhavi: yov.....nee ippo edhavadhu panna unna summa vida maatanga"

rajni: adhu naalaikku..innikku nadandhadhu nadandhadhuthaana

awesome movie :clap:

Bala (Karthik)
11th June 2010, 09:26 AM
the elephant, "athukku theriyathe"
:rotfl3:

Nerd
11th June 2010, 11:15 AM
5. "Enakku Karate ellam therium"....the elephant, "athukku theriyathe". Lame line, but Rajini made it funny.
Timing boss, timing. Goundamani timing. That made it so special

Edit. Need to mention it. During the "watch in the sky" scene, Rajini casually picks up something from sulakshana's hand and pops it inside his mouth...only to realise it's chilly :lol: Oh man...the casualness of it all....
Brand Rajini. Uncontrollable rofl whenever I see this.

I was the only one who voted for it :D

Plum
11th June 2010, 11:19 AM
I thought equa gave moral support to TEO. He doesnt vote so it doesnt show up in the vote count, I think

Nerd
11th June 2010, 11:21 AM
I thought equa gave moral support to TEO. He doesnt vote so it doesnt show up in the vote count, I think
I think his favorite is Guru Sishyan. And Feddy was the only one who voted for it.

groucho070
11th June 2010, 11:23 AM
I thought equa gave moral support to TEO. He doesnt vote so it doesnt show up in the vote count, I thinkvO, anganayoo....vote cheyyan parayum.

Plum
11th June 2010, 11:32 AM
AyAL nammaLudE vAkku kELkAn pattillAdhoru swayam krishiyANu. jnAn chelappO paranju pakshE oru pidi oNyum kitti illA

groucho070
11th June 2010, 11:35 AM
:lol:

PARAMASHIVAN
11th June 2010, 01:56 PM
Thambikku Entha Ooru (again, no thanks to my wife's Rajini Film Addiction [RFA, no cure at the moment].)

Anni ah thitaathinga :lol:

1. After encounter with father, he packs up, even unscrewing light bulb, and potted flower :lol: . Check out his body language when VSR offers his an old bag, the immediate disgust reaction.

2. All the fish-out-of-water moments when he reaches the village. "Perivangga, enakkaga kaali pannittu porangga". Washing the bull scene, the paddy field scene (the gentle way he dusts the stalk, then ravaging them), the milking the cow scene. In fact, just before milking the cow: Senthamarai will call Sulakshana from the house when she and Rajini is in the shed, Rajini, totally lost, responds effeminitely, "itho vanthutengga!" :lol:

3. Naturally Paappa Potta Taappa, the way he reacts when he reads the title, hides in inside his shirt, looks out to see if anyone was around, then proceeds to read, puts pillow on his lap and fans himself....nobody writes this in script, it's purely Rajini moment.

4. Oh yeah, the snake scene :lol:

5. "Enakku Karate ellam therium"....the elephant, "athukku theriyathe". Lame line, but Rajini made it funny. :rotfl:

6. "athu eppadi agayattta parthu time sollure? Unggappa enna mela watch katti tonggavittutaraa?" :lol:

I can go on, never get tired of revisiting this film. Forever a classic :thumbsup:

:clap: :notworthy: One of my Fav Rajni movie

That is Super for you :notworthy:

PARAMASHIVAN
11th June 2010, 02:00 PM
Madhavi :P :P :P

PARAMASHIVAN
11th June 2010, 02:01 PM
No one mentioned anything about Netrikan, didn't any one like this at all :roll: :huh:

PARAMASHIVAN
11th June 2010, 05:42 PM
Groucho

Regarding the TEO,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J4uLflEB40&feature=related

I just cant enough of this song, :bluejump: :redjump:

m_23_bayarea
20th June 2010, 03:23 AM
Thanks to Mani's impact this weekend, I'm watching one of my top 5 Thalaiver's movies - THALAPATHY! 8-) 8-) 8-)

PARAMASHIVAN
20th June 2010, 09:45 PM
Romance at it's peak

Hats off to SS Sir , IR Sir, Jency madam, and Sridevi

For some romantic reason, I am so touched by this song :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC_dBvKh-4Y

I will watch this film again this week :P

PARAMASHIVAN
20th June 2010, 09:51 PM
Yenjay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JVxurtGIhI&NR=1&feature=fvwp

:P

Dilbert
20th June 2010, 09:54 PM
Yenjay

Thaliavar using latest recording gadget.. :P

PARAMASHIVAN
20th June 2010, 09:55 PM
Yenjay

Thaliavar using latest recording gadget.. :P

:notworthy: :P

groucho070
30th June 2010, 06:52 AM
Maaveeran

Like what Paul Newman did once, Rajini should take out an advertisement apologising for making this film. Totally ridiculous film, if not for a few redeeming scenes thanks to Rajini.

Like the one where he talks to a statue, totally drunk and wasted, trying to matchmake the horse statue to his own. :lol: Then, he'd be invited by the bad guy's henchmen.

After ridiculing the size of the car (too small for someone big like him), he gets in back seat, with both his legs spread over and on the two henchmen's shoulders. Henchmen 1 offers him a cigar.

Rajini: Oh, periya beedi...teepatti ethu unggappana koduppan?
henchmen 2 gives him matchbox.
Rajini: (lights the cigar and over to henchmen 1)ithu unggapanaa? :lol:

So there you go, some funny scenes here and there, and lots of unintentional comedies everywhere :evil:

Also might be the first time Sujatha playing unfortunate mother of Rajini. Consider the following:

Maaveeran = Traumatic past, separated from hubby and son (Rajini) and loses her own voice.
Kodi Parakkathu = Traumatic past, loses hubby (killed) and separated from son (Rajini) and loses her own sanity.
Uzhaippali = Traumatic past, loses hubby (killed) and separated from son (Rajini) and loses her memory.
Baba: Not-so traumatic past if you consider some yogis coming and telling you that your son is not exactly your own, loses hubby (old age) and soon to be separated from Son, and loses her own life.

Sujatha :notworthy:

PARAMASHIVAN
30th June 2010, 04:15 PM
[tscii:04d24ce91d]Grouch na

I did not like 'Maveeran' that much as well, even though I don’t remember much scenes, except the horse scene... as usual SS saves this pilim :P[/tscii:04d24ce91d]

HonestRaj
30th June 2010, 09:30 PM
solli adippenadi.. adichananna netthi adithanadi
ettaadha _______ kottavi vittadhillai..
istanthan illama kai neetti thottadhillai

andha blank'la exact word enna?

PARAMASHIVAN
30th June 2010, 09:39 PM
Honest unga avatral anNan :rotfl3:

ajithfederer
30th June 2010, 09:59 PM
One more vote for Guru Sishyan :D. Yaarunga adhu???. Nerd enaku theriama edhavadhu proxy accts?? :lol2:.

Plum
30th June 2010, 10:02 PM
Maaveeran

Like what Paul Newman did once, Rajini should take out an advertisement apologising for making this film. Totally ridiculous film, if not for a few redeeming scenes thanks to Rajini.

Like the one where he talks to a statue, totally drunk and wasted, trying to matchmake the horse statue to his own. :lol: Then, he'd be invited by the bad guy's henchmen.

After ridiculing the size of the car (too small for someone big like him), he gets in back seat, with both his legs spread over and on the two henchmen's shoulders. Henchmen 1 offers him a cigar.

Rajini: Oh, periya beedi...teepatti ethu unggappana koduppan?
henchmen 2 gives him matchbox.
Rajini: (lights the cigar and over to henchmen 1)ithu unggapanaa? :lol:

So there you go, some funny scenes here and there, and lots of unintentional comedies everywhere :evil:

Also might be the first time Sujatha playing unfortunate mother of Rajini. Consider the following:

Maaveeran = Traumatic past, separated from hubby and son (Rajini) and loses her own voice.
Kodi Parakkathu = Traumatic past, loses hubby (killed) and separated from son (Rajini) and loses her own sanity.
Uzhaippali = Traumatic past, loses hubby (killed) and separated from son (Rajini) and loses her memory.
Baba: Not-so traumatic past if you consider some yogis coming and telling you that your son is not exactly your own, loses hubby (old age) and soon to be separated from Son, and loses her own life.

Sujatha :notworthy:

pachan remake - horse statue match makinglAm patented humourless Pachan humour :-)

Nerd
30th June 2010, 10:40 PM

kaai as in vegetable. ettaadha kaai paarthu :-)

groucho070
1st July 2010, 06:46 AM
pachan remake - horse statue match makinglAm patented humourless Pachan humour :-)So it wasn't funny in Hindi? I thought it was in Tamizh. Can you imagine, the stupidest scene is one scene to look out for in this philim...it's that bad.

HonestRaj
1st July 2010, 08:40 AM

In Padikkathavan,

Malaysiya Vasudevan sings one for Sivaji & one for Rajini..

&

KJ Jesudas & SPB had their share too... IR :notworthy:

PARAMASHIVAN
1st July 2010, 02:48 PM

In Padikkathavan,

Malaysiya Vasudevan sings one for Sivaji & one for Rajini..

&

KJ Jesudas & SPB had their share too... IR :notworthy:

enna paatu Honest , solunga please ? :confused2:

Bala (Karthik)
1st July 2010, 02:52 PM
Paramu,
"Oora therinjikitten" and "Rajavukku raja naan dhaan"/"Kaathirindhu" (fridge song), respectively

PARAMASHIVAN
1st July 2010, 02:54 PM
Paramu,
"Oora therinjikitten"

:shock: I thought it was from Padikathavan

and "Rajavukku raja naan dhaan"/"Kaathirindhu" (fridge song), respectively

:2thumbsup:

groucho070
1st July 2010, 02:55 PM
Paramu,
"Oora therinjikitten" and "Rajavukku raja naan dhaan"/"Kaathirindhu" (fridge song), respectivelyMr. Bharath. Fridge Song :lol: They were 'creative' those days, weren't they?

Bala (Karthik)
1st July 2010, 02:57 PM
Oh, adhu Mr.Bharath-a? :oops:
It was "Sodikkili enge" actually...

kid-glove
1st July 2010, 02:58 PM
I had a fascination for that song in my childhood days. :oops:

groucho070
1st July 2010, 03:02 PM
Bala & Thilak, ithukellam yengga :oops:

I confuse Sodikili and Kathirunthu myself. And I love Sodikili even now. :D

PARAMASHIVAN
1st July 2010, 03:03 PM
I had a fascination for that song in my childhood days. :oops:

:lol2: Ambika :lol2:

Bala (Karthik)
1st July 2010, 03:04 PM
And I love Sodikili even now. :D
The majestic trumpets in the prelude (or is it the first interlude)....

I think KG meant the :oops: for the video

groucho070
1st July 2010, 03:05 PM
Gosh...the IR 80s trumpet...feeling nostalgic now :(

PARAMASHIVAN
1st July 2010, 03:05 PM
And I love Sodikili even now. :D
The majestic trumpets in the prelude (or is it the first interlude)....

I think KG meant the :oops: for the video

That is what you call Dr.Isaignani :notworthy:

PARAMASHIVAN
6th July 2010, 03:13 PM
I seen Thanga mahan when i was kid, now I thought I would re visit the Film, and it backfired on me :banghead:

Such a boring movie , IR songs were the 'Saviour' of the film !

Poo maalai oru - SPB :notworthy: SJ :clap:
same duo again in 'Raathiriyil poothirukum' :P

Poornima :P , good looking lady :P

groucho070
6th July 2010, 03:57 PM
Adutta Varisu and Tangga Magan = Kanfiusyen.

Also mistaken one song for the other music :?

PARAMASHIVAN
6th July 2010, 04:10 PM

Grouch na

I am talking about Thanga Magan, Starring SS and Poornima

Adutha vaarisu had SS and Roopini or Kanga :confused2:

Plum
6th July 2010, 04:12 PM

yeah, Rajni movie songs by IR were quite interchangeable those days. Even for someone like me who was a die-hard Rajni fan(and you'd be surprised to know, not at all even a basic fan of IR - at that time!), and therefore not expected to goof up like this, it is quite tough to match the movies and songs accurately all the time. I have seen most of these movies in cinema hall (yeah, but what do you expect of someone who saw Gangua in a cinema hall!) - and coincidentally, his move away from IR(starting with Manidhan I think - that was when AVM actively tried to promote Chandrabose as an alternative to IR; before that there were some non-IR movies for Rajni but not driven by anti-IR movement) was when I started moving away from Rajni but thats just a coincidence since I wasnt really an IR fan then)

Ok, the meandering comment is just to say that for all this, I'll never confuse between Thanga Magan and Adutha vaarisu songs. Quite distinct, they were.

Plum
6th July 2010, 04:14 PM

Grouch na

Paramu, adutha vaarisu was with Sridevi and 'Silk' Smitha. Incidentally, Silk is also there in Thanga Magan, which might be one of the causes for confusion for Grouch.

Roopini - manidhan (kALa kALa murattu kALa)
Kanaga - Adhisaya Piravi(thAnandhana gummu kotti)

PARAMASHIVAN
6th July 2010, 04:14 PM
:roll:

PARAMASHIVAN
6th July 2010, 04:17 PM

Grouch na

Paramu, adutha vaarisu was with Sridevi and 'Silk' Smitha. Incidentally, Silk is also there in Thanga Magan, which might be one of the causes for confusion for Grouch.

Roopini - manidhan (kALa kALa murattu kALa)
Kanaga - Adhisaya Piravi(thAnandhana gummu kotti)

Thanks Plum

pEsakoodathu verum pEchil sugam - from Adutha varisu ? Awsome Song by SPB and IR , spoilt by Silk :x

Plum
6th July 2010, 04:23 PM
Yes, from Adutha Vaarisu.

PARAMASHIVAN
6th July 2010, 04:24 PM
Yes, from Adutha Vaarisu.

:ty:

Nerd
6th July 2010, 11:04 PM
One more vote for Guru Sishyan :D. Yaarunga adhu???. Nerd enaku theriama edhavadhu proxy accts?? :lol2:.
Missed this earlier. For the paast (tonty)fi years only one avatar ya. Btw 3 Votes now.

Adutha Vaarisu >> Thanga Magan (As a film)
Thanga Magan > Adutha Vaarisu (Songs)

tamizharasan
6th July 2010, 11:19 PM
Thanga magan did much better business in box office than adutha vaarisu and I think it was mainly because of songs and nothing else.

m_23_bayarea
6th July 2010, 11:26 PM
Thanga magan did much better business in box office than adutha vaarisu and I think it was mainly because of songs and nothing else.

That is correct! 8-)

Sanjeevi
6th July 2010, 11:29 PM
Vaa Vaa Pakkam Vaa is still fresh with IRish disco sounds

groucho070
7th July 2010, 06:54 AM
yeah, Rajni movie songs by IR were quite interchangeable those days. Yup, very much. Unless they are really situational, say, like the songs in 6 to 60, EKK, etc. Otherwise, the 'disco' songs have me cracking my head before figuring out which film it belonged to. Especially so with Malaysia Vasudevan songs. Aaasai Nooru Vagai/Un meela oru kannu :confused2:

ajithfederer
7th July 2010, 10:57 PM
Chandramukhi(2005) - Enjoyable - Thanks mostly to the Malayalam script.

It's a master stroke by Rajni to remake this film just after the Baba Fiasco. He is good in this film and he is very good as the Vettaiyan Rajni. His style compliments him more when he is Vettaiyan and in general villainous roles. Vadivel though loud shares a good rapport with Rajni. The last 30-40 minutes is the best part of the film. Akilaandeswari amma and sonu sood are dhanda characters in the film. I liked 3 songs( Athindhom, Konja Neram and Raa raa). Vidyasagar has done a good job. Jyothika, shabbaa Thaanga mudiyadha over acting. :lol:. One wonders how Simran would have done this role as it would have been good to see two good actors in this film. The film has its silly moments but its okay. The suspense is good.

P.S: Whats up with all the double-entendres in the film :shock: and most of them are uttered by Rajni. Not that I don't like em but I found it very strange for a Kudumbathoda Paathu Magilapada vendiya Rajni film.

bingleguy
7th July 2010, 11:30 PM
P.S: Whats up with all the double-entendres in the film :shock: and most of them are uttered by Rajni. Not that I don't like em but I found it very strange for a Kudumbathoda Paathu Magilapada vendiya Rajni film.

:)

P_R
8th July 2010, 07:51 AM
Feddy, remba feedA irukkenga. aduthu enna annAmalai-yA? :lol2:

ajithfederer
8th July 2010, 10:23 AM
Enna kekkuringannu purialinga. Naan sameebathula paartha rajni padam Chandramukhi dhaanga.

Vivasaayi
8th July 2010, 10:26 AM
aanaa adhu sameebathula release agalaingraar!

annamalai paathacha innum pakalaiyangrar :)

Enna kekkuringannu purialinga. Naan sameebathula paartha rajni padam Chandramukhi dhaanga.

ajithfederer
8th July 2010, 10:27 AM
Oh appadiya :lol:. I've seen CM before. The day before yesterday I wanted to watch this film along with some of my friends and watched it. Idhu re-watchnga. :).

aanaa adhu sameebathula release agalaingraar!

annamalai paathacha innum pakalaiyangrar :)

SoftSword
3rd August 2010, 06:40 AM
watched thillumullu...
thalaivar patthi enna solradhu... would be interesting if he acts in a full length comedy movie now, which would never happen anyway :(

chandran characterla apdi oru bavyam.. :)
indhran style... the intro when he opens the gate with his legs and entering the house...

his natural timing... :notworthy:

coconut vaasan did equally a good job, can call him the second hero in the movie...

sowkar janaki did well too...

and kamals stylish cameo was a surprise :)

one more surprise was the screenplay and dialogues were by visu...

any sad or irritating day would lose its colors and strains when you wash it with this movie.

m_23_bayarea
3rd August 2010, 07:58 AM
Chandramukhi(2005) - Enjoyable - Thanks mostly to the Malayalam script.

At first, I thought you've watched this movie for the first time! Thanks to the follow-up, and glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for the review! :)

m_23_bayarea
3rd August 2010, 08:05 AM
I know this is just an item song, but one of my favorites - mainly because of the timing of the song in the movie. Just when Thalaivar will get ready for his mission. And just his presence and style in this song makes it so special!

Kungumathu Meni - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5wS6bkuvGY

And NSM is one of my favorite Thalaivar movies! 8-)

raghavendran
3rd August 2010, 08:17 AM
ndtv hindule enthiran audio pathi pode aramchitange..even in suntv audio functon vraivilnnu podraange...fever catching up

Sarna
3rd August 2010, 04:55 PM
found in some blog.... outrageously funny translation :rotfl3:

I am autofellow autofellow
Four knowing route fellow
Justice having rate fellow
Good people mix fellow
Nice singing song fellow
Gandhi borning country fellow
Stick take means hunter fellow
Big people's relation fellow
Mercy having mind fellow da
I am all poor's relative fellow da
I am always poor people's relative fellow da
Achak means achak only; Gumuk means gumuk only

Town become big, population become big
Bus expecting, half age over
Life become hectic in time, exist in corner of street
Ada eye beat means love coming they telling
You hand clap means auto coming I telling
Front coming look, this three-wheel chariot
Good come and arrive, you trust and climb up
Mercy having mind fellow da
I am always poor people's relative fellow da

Mummy motherfolk, danger not leave
Heat or cyclone, never I never tell
There there hunger take means, many savoury
Measurement food is one time
For pregnancy I come free mummy
Your child also name one I keep mummy
Letter lacking person ada trusting us and coming
Address lacking street ada auto fellow knowing
Achak means achak only ; Gumuk means gumuk only

raajarasigan
3rd August 2010, 05:00 PM
Achak means achak only ; Gumuk means gumuk only :lol:

PARAMASHIVAN
3rd August 2010, 05:49 PM
watched Siva recently , I was like :rotfl3:

ada maapula summa muraikathe machan sonna kealU :rotfl3:

Hilarious Film :rotfl3:

Shobana :P :P :P

prashanth12
7th August 2010, 04:14 AM

It would be outrageously funny if it weren't for the fact that this kind of translations are actually found on many Region 1 DVDs....

PARAMASHIVAN
9th August 2010, 03:06 PM
seen 'Athisaya piravi' after a very very long time :shock:

enna padam ya ithu :banghead:

was it a hit ? :shock:

tamizharasan
10th August 2010, 03:31 AM
Thillu Mullu review from vikatan

டியர் டைரக்டர்,

கொஞ்சம் திரும்பி நில்லுங்க. உங்க முதுகிலே 'ஷொட்டு' தரணும்! மூக்கிற்குக் கீழே ஒரு சின்ன இடம். அதுலே இந்தப் பக்கமும், அந்தப் பக்கமும் அரை அங்குலத்துக்குக் குட்டி மீசை. இதை வச்சு என்னமாய்ச் சிரிக்க வச்சுட்டீங்க!

இந்த முழு நீள ஹ்யூமரஸ் படத்துக்கு உங்க சிஷ்யப் பிள்ளை ரஜினியை ஹீரோவாக்கி, மாறுபட்ட வேடத்தில் அவரை நடிக்க வச்சு, 'என்னாலே முடியாதது எது வுமில்லே'னு மறுபடியும் நிரூபிச்சுக் காட்டிட்டீங்க!

அய்யம்பேட்டை அறிவுடைநம்பி கலியபெருமாளின் மகன் சந்திரனாக ஒட்டு மீசையுடன்; அவனுடைய தில்லுமுல்லு தம்பி இந்திரனாக மைனஸ் மீசையுடன் அமர்க்களப்படுத்தியிருக்கிறார் ரஜினி.

தேங்காய்க்கு அழகான குணசித்திர வேடம். இந்தப் பக்கம் சந்திரன்|இந்திரனிடமும், அந்தப் பக்கம் மிஸஸ் மீனாட்சி துரைசாமியிடமும் ஏமாளியாக மாட்டிக் கொண்டு அவர் படும் அவதிகள் சுவையான சிரிப்பு விருந்து.

சௌகார், கொஞ்சம் கண்ண சந்தால் அழ ஆரம்பித்துவிடுவார். நீங்கள்தான் அவரையும் சிரிக்க வைத்திருக்கிறீர்கள்!

விசுவிடம் எங்க சார்பாக 'கங்கிராட்ஸ்' சொல்லுங்க. நாடக மேடையிலே துணுக்குத் தோரணம் கட்டின அவரோட அனுப வம் இப்போ படுஜோரா உங்களுக் குத் துணை நின்னிருக்கு!

டைரக்டர் சார், 'ஷொட்டு' தீர்ந்துடுச்சு. கொஞ்ச எங்க பக்கம் திரும்பறீங்களா?

பிறந்த நாள் பார்ட்டியின்போது நிர்வாண நடனம் என்று சொல்லி இரண்டரை வயசுக் குழந்தை டான்ஸ் ஆடறதைக் காட்டறீங் களே, இது தேவைதானா? சிரிக்க வைப்பவர்களின் அரிச்சுவடி வகுப்பல்லவா அது!

'மசாலா' மணக்கும் இந்தியைத் தான் இறக்குமதி செய்யவேண்டும் என்றில்லாமல், தமாஷாக பம்பாயைத் தழுவியிருக்கிறீர்கள்! இருந்தாலும், நீங்களுமா இந்த இறக்குமதி வியாபாரத்தில் ஈடு படவேண்டும்? சொந்தத்திலேயே ஒரு முழு நீள நகைச்சுவைப் படத்தைத் தயாரித்துக் கொடுக்க உங்களால் முடியுமே!

-Critically Yours,

விகடன் விமரிசனக் குழு

40-45/100

app_engine
10th August 2010, 07:47 PM
Thillu Mullu review from vikatan

Another proof that vikatan critics mostly missed the "man of the match" performer in most reviews!

While many things are good about thillu-mullu, the best was undeniably Rajinikanth. Even this reviewer calls Indhiran & Chandiran as "aNNan-thambi" :-) , he was that convincing in doing that dual role!

என்னா ஒரு difference and performance!

PARAMASHIVAN
10th August 2010, 08:20 PM
app_engine

Unga view on 'Athisaya piravi' ??

vithagan
10th August 2010, 08:26 PM

Its a Flop.

app_engine
10th August 2010, 08:26 PM
app_engine

நான் ஏற்கனவே அதைத் திட்டி இருக்கேன்னு நெனக்கறேன். சுதாகர் வில்லனா வர்ற ரஜினி-கனகா படம் தானே?

A couple of songs are good (i.e. only to listen - not watch), onnappAththa nEram & thAnandhana kummi kotti are to my liking:-)

PARAMASHIVAN
10th August 2010, 08:31 PM

Its a Flop.

ninaichen !

PARAMASHIVAN
10th August 2010, 08:33 PM
app_engine

நான் ஏற்கனவே அதைத் திட்டி இருக்கேன்னு நெனக்கறேன். சுதாகர் வில்லனா வர்ற ரஜினி-கனகா படம் தானே?

A couple of songs are good (i.e. only to listen - not watch), onnappAththa nEram & thAnandhana kummi kotti are to my liking:-)

yes, athE padam thaan

hmm all songs were by M.vasudevan

jaiganes
10th August 2010, 09:14 PM
Alex paandiyan opening scene and the sendhaamarai confrontation scene in police station from Moondru mugam - Rajini - the powerhouse performer. Siimply burning hot fire. andha round cooling glass - no chance ma.. top tucker scenes.

PARAMASHIVAN
10th August 2010, 09:18 PM
Alex paandiyan opening scene and the sendhaamarai confrontation scene in police station from Moondru mugam - Rajini - the powerhouse performer. Siimply burning hot fire. andha round cooling glass - no chance ma.. top tucker scenes.

m_23_bayarea
11th August 2010, 09:43 AM

One of his best performances for sure! 8-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfDpPYquQ8I

One of my favorite scenes in this movie goes like this:

Delhi Ganesh: Alex, naan oru friend-aa onnu sonna thappa nenachika maatiyae?

Rajini: D*** it, sollu da (hits Delhi Ganesh in a very friendly way).

DG: Nee intha Ekambaratha intha allavu pagachukarthu enakku sariya padala.

Rajini: Dei Cheeni, naan intha police velaya oru velayaa paakula. Intha kaaki chattaya en pondaatiya vida athigama kadhalikuraen, enakku poraka pora kozhanthaya vida athigama nesikuraen.

DG: Alex, you are really great!

Rajini: Stupid, enna padachavantha great! Looks above and smiles...

:clap:

m_23_bayarea
11th August 2010, 09:44 AM
Just noticed Alex Pandian is not in the poll in this thread!!! :o

PARAMASHIVAN
11th August 2010, 02:29 PM
You are right bay. Nerd pls do the honours :)

groucho070
11th August 2010, 02:36 PM
Brothers, the list was as a result of hardwork campaigning just to nominate each's fav role. Just checked out the first page and found out that Alex got same number as Thyagu :shock:

PARAMASHIVAN
11th August 2010, 04:39 PM
Re visited 'Dharmathin thalaivan' serious laugh riot :rotfl3:

Esp these scenes

SS would be walking on the street without his 'veshti' every one would be laughing, then some girls would be staring at laughing at ss from a bus stand , SS would say 'Aiyo ponungal ellam enna paakuthu' and giggle :rotfl:

The best part was when SS would walk into some one hous e and would argue that it his house :rotfl3:

SS :notworthy:

m_23_bayarea
11th August 2010, 07:21 PM
Brothers, the list was as a result of hardwork campaigning just to nominate each's fav role. Just checked out the first page and found out that Alex got same number as Thyagu :shock:

Yeah, I think because both of them have 7 votes, Alex can replace Thyagu in the poll! :P

Plum
11th August 2010, 07:26 PM
appO thyagu vAngina 2 votekku madhippiallaiyA? :huh:

m_23_bayarea
11th August 2010, 07:27 PM
appO thyagu vAngina 2 votekku madhippiallaiyA? :huh:

:lol: :notworthy: Knew this was coming, but not so fast! :P

Nerd
11th August 2010, 07:29 PM

Yeah, I think because both of them have 7 votes, Alex can replace Thyagu in the poll! :P
All those who call for poll option changes, where were you when this thread was created?? :twisted:

Intersting battle b/w thalapathi and mullum malarum :-)

PARAMASHIVAN
11th August 2010, 07:38 PM

All those who call for poll option changes, where were you when this thread was created?? :twisted:

For me MM over thalapthi any day :P

m_23_bayarea
11th August 2010, 07:52 PM

Hey, it was just a suggestion! Obviously, I wasnt here when the thread was created I guess... :wave:

app_engine
11th August 2010, 08:00 PM

I voted for th before watching MM :-(

That way, th should get one less and MM +1 !

Plum
11th August 2010, 08:02 PM

I voted for th before watching MM :-(

That way, th should get one less and MM +1 !

:yes: :aanandhakaNNIr:

It is 21-21 then.

HonestRaj
11th August 2010, 08:09 PM
I voted for Annamalai... who are the other 4 :roll:

Plum
11th August 2010, 08:12 PM
1. raaja_rasigan
2. Honest's alternate Id#2
3. Honest's alternate Id#3
4 Honest's alternate Id#4

HonestRaj
11th August 2010, 08:16 PM
indha listla nan muzhusa paarkkadha padangaL...

Netrikkan
Mullum Malarum
Aval Appadithan

avlO id irundha...

Thillu Mullu
Thalapathy
Johnny
Thambikku Endha Ooru

idhukkellam vote panniruppen..

I know M M will be his best & Rajini's choice too..

m_23_bayarea
11th August 2010, 08:21 PM
What a great song - Aan Enna (Dharmadurai)

I love the moment when Rajini walks down that staircase at the beginning of the song... And overall, he acts so well in this song! 8-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2cW799VEJ4

And the quality of the video is... :clap:

PARAMASHIVAN
11th August 2010, 08:22 PM

2. Honest's alternate Id#2
3. Honest's alternate Id#3
4 Honest's alternate Id#4

NaradarE

Ummal thaane oru kalavaram 'Hubbers lounge' thread la aarambichu ippo mudinchiruku , athukulla enoru kalavarama :lol2:

PARAMASHIVAN
11th August 2010, 08:23 PM
What a great song - Aan Enna (Dharmadurai)

I love the moment when Rajini walks down that staircase at the beginning of the song... And overall, he acts so well in this song! 8-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2cW799VEJ4

And the quality of the video is... :clap:

Ji huh

SPB's modulation at each & every word :notworthy:

jaiganes
11th August 2010, 10:11 PM
just to confirm - was Kumaresan from Engeyo Kaetta kural in the original list. It was one of the most subtle portrayals in Thamizh film industry. Years later when Partheban did his much hyped "Housefull" role, I was reminded by what Rajini had done beautifully years earlier.

kapildev
11th August 2010, 10:30 PM
Voted for Mullum Malarum - Kaali !

wondering how come surya leading over Kaali in this poll?

Kaali is sure undoubtedly an one time wonder in TFM I say!

Nerd
11th August 2010, 11:04 PM
just to confirm - was Kumaresan from Engeyo Kaetta kural in the original list. It was one of the most subtle portrayals in Thamizh film industry. Years later when Partheban did his much hyped "Housefull" role, I was reminded by what Rajini had done beautifully years earlier.
Please refer 1st post of this thread. It was nominated by 3 people and apparently did not make it to the top 10.

tamizharasan
11th August 2010, 11:43 PM
Who voted for Kaali now?

Kaali and Surya tied now.

prashanth12
11th August 2010, 11:56 PM
That was me..

tamizharasan
12th August 2010, 12:14 AM
That was me..

good. Kaali at the least needs to be on par with Surya.

tamizharasan
12th August 2010, 12:25 AM
Have any one watched thai veedu lately. I haven't watched it lately and looking for dvd for the same. I have good memories about that movie. Any help will be highly appreciated.

PARAMASHIVAN
12th August 2010, 03:17 PM
Engeyo Kaetta kural another gem , similar to 6 il irunthu 60 varai. How did this film do in the box office ?

PARAMASHIVAN
12th August 2010, 03:19 PM
Have any one watched thai veedu lately. I haven't watched it lately and looking for dvd for the same. I have good memories about that movie. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Isn't that the movie with SS/ Sripriya ?? was he not a zoo warden or something? It had a song involving an Elephant

'appanE appanE pillyar appanE podavA' :roll:

VJerry
12th August 2010, 03:22 PM
Velaikaran comedy with senthil ...

groucho070
12th August 2010, 03:30 PM
Paramu athu Annai Oru Alayam.

Thai Veedu is with some Hindi gal and Suhasini. Rajini is a thief, having mentored by MN Nambiar (quite hillarious here). I suspect the film was shot twice for Hindi also (the gal, the Hindi film music). Overall horrible film, that even Rajini couldn't save.

Poornima
12th August 2010, 04:00 PM
Paramu athu Annai Oru Alayam.

Thai Veedu is with some Hindi gal and Suhasini. Rajini is a thief, having mentored by MN Nambiar (quite hillarious here). I suspect the film was shot twice for Hindi also (the gal, the Hindi film music). Overall horrible film, that even Rajini couldn't save.

anita raaj.
Jeet Hamari in hindi... I think rajesh khanna played jaishankar's role... the dog, horse and bappi lahiri's disco music is all I can remember :-)

Plum
12th August 2010, 04:12 PM
Thai Veedu - recommended for Frabhu Raum with Suhasini in a key role. Watch out for her in "aasai nenjE nee pAdu, aNNan vandhAn thAi vIdu".

P.s: famous in family circles for my cousin's gaffe - after watching the first half, during popcorn and cool drinks in the interval, he went casually "idhula rajinikanth yaaru?"

omega
12th August 2010, 04:15 PM
Thai Veedu - recommended for Frabhu Raum with Suhasini in a key role. Watch out for her in "aasai nenjE nee pAdu, aNNan vandhAn thAi vIdu".

P.s: famous in family circles for my cousin's gaffe - after watching the first half, during popcorn and cool drinks in the interval, he went casually "idhula rajinikanth yaaru?"

Pesaama Nambiara kaambicchu ithuthaannu sollirukka vendiyathuthaana............1st half fulla varaaru, ithula enna doubtu unga cousinukku (oru velai Jaisankara paathru confusiono)

PARAMASHIVAN
12th August 2010, 04:15 PM
Thai Veedu - recommended for Frabhu Raum

Vadivelu to plum : Why ? :lol2:

omega
12th August 2010, 04:16 PM

Athaan karanamum pottrukkaare (mrs. maniratnam)

PARAMASHIVAN
12th August 2010, 04:18 PM

Athaan karanamum pottrukkaare (mrs. maniratnam)

oh Frabhu Raum :lol2: suhasini Visiri ah :shock:

Bala (Karthik)
12th August 2010, 05:15 PM
Voted for Surya

Kaali-ku potrukkanumo? :think:

PARAMASHIVAN
12th August 2010, 07:07 PM
Voted for Surya

Kaali-ku potrukkanumo? :think:

oru varushathuku apuram vote panreengalE ithu nyaya ma :lol:

Bala (Karthik)
12th August 2010, 07:11 PM
Eppo potta enna? Vote thaen mukkiyam!

tamizharasan
12th August 2010, 07:13 PM

Isn't that the movie with SS/ Sripriya ?? was he not a zoo warden or something? It had a song involving an Elephant

'appanE appanE pillyar appanE podavA' :roll:

that is annai Or aalayam.

MADDY
12th August 2010, 07:13 PM

visira :lol:

suhasini-a paatha alla ezhudhuradha kaetta, "visir" pudichidum avarakku matrum enakku/pala perukku :)

PARAMASHIVAN
12th August 2010, 07:17 PM

visira :lol:

suhasini-a paatha alla ezhudhuradha kaetta, "visir" pudichidum avarakku matrum enakku/pala perukku :)

Oh I c :lol:

P_R
12th August 2010, 07:22 PM
Horror film.
"my dear johnny" pAttu :lol:

P.s: famous in family circles for my cousin's gaffe - after watching the first half, during popcorn and cool drinks in the interval, he went casually "idhula rajinikanth yaaru?" :lol:

tamizharasan
12th August 2010, 07:26 PM
Is Thai Veedu that bad? As a child I liked the movie. Definitely I need a revisit. BTW that movie gives a strange feeling because of the location and sets of the movie. In our hub terms there will be no nativity in that.

thamiz
12th August 2010, 07:47 PM

I am not getting the joke here! :roll:

How old was your "claimed" cousin? new-born ? :lol:

PARAMASHIVAN
12th August 2010, 07:52 PM
How old was your "claimed" cousin? new-born ? :lol:

Plum

Fee Yaar ungala ipadi insult panna vaichteengalE che che :lol2: :yessir:

omega
12th August 2010, 07:53 PM
Is Thai Veedu that bad? As a child I liked the movie. Definitely I need a revisit. BTW that movie gives a strange feeling because of the location and sets of the movie. In our hub terms there will be no nativity in that.

I don't think it was all that bad at all.
Have liked it in my childhood & upon revisit (Sun TV a couple of years back) was watchable in parts. Thalaivar looks ultra cool in it.
You do know about the elite critics around here, don't you?

tamizharasan
12th August 2010, 07:57 PM

I don't think it was all that bad at all.
Have liked it in my childhood & upon revisit (Sun TV a couple of years back) was watchable in parts. Thalaivar looks ultra cool in it.
You do know about the elite critics around here, don't you?

I agree with you on this. Whatever critics may say here, I will watch this movie if I get a chance. I am eagerly looking to watch that movie for the nostalgic feeling. The main reason I liked that movie was Rajini IMO never looked better than this on the screen.

P_R
12th August 2010, 08:00 PM
oh silrEns movie-yA. Sorry.
sinna piLLaila paathadhaale indha categorization theriyAma seriousA paarthuttEn.

Plum
12th August 2010, 08:00 PM
Indha loLLu dhAne vENAmgaradhu? ThAi vIdu mOsamnu sonnA elite criticA? Where will you place it in Rajni's career top movies? Top 10? 20? 50? 100?

Plum
12th August 2010, 08:01 PM
Indha loLLu dhAne vENAmgaradhu? ThAi vIdu mOsamnu sonnA elite criticA? Where will you place it in Rajni's career top movies? Top 10? 20? 50? 100?

tamizharasan
12th August 2010, 08:08 PM
Plum, P_R

Omega pirachchinai ennanna neenga ellorum serndhu pinju (TA) manasula nanja kalandhutteenga-nnu thAn. I really have good memories of this movie because of the things happened in my life during that movie time. precisely Gnabagam varuthE, Gnabagam varuthE.

thamiz
12th August 2010, 08:21 PM

Well, thaayveedu is a thevar films movie and not targeted for "A-class" audience and it was made in hindi too.

There is so much to make fun of in that movie, I agree.

But, I dont understand why could not one recognise Rajnikanth??? :roll:

Plum
12th August 2010, 08:54 PM
Ada avaru peter-cum-parminder-nga. Delhi based. Only indhi and english. Tamil teriad party.

jaiganes
12th August 2010, 09:32 PM
Ada avaru peter-cum-parminder-nga. Delhi based. Only indhi and english. Tamil teriad party.
Tamil teri umma?appdinnu kaettu kuthu patrukeengalo?

Plum
13th August 2010, 10:42 AM
illai avan Delhi-la non-veglAm sAptu jim paadi maindain paNnikittirundhAn so safety first approach dhAn - avan solradhukellAm "yes, yes" dhAn :-)

groucho070
13th August 2010, 10:51 AM
Indha loLLu dhAne vENAmgaradhu? ThAi vIdu mOsamnu sonnA elite criticA? Athane. Muthalla ingga horrible-nu sonnathu adiyen. Appadina na elite critic-a? Illangga, verum polite critic considering that "Horrible" is the kindest word I can think of for a movie that has dog attempting to steal the show everytime the director sleeps off :evil:

hamid
13th August 2010, 10:54 AM
Indha loLLu dhAne vENAmgaradhu? ThAi vIdu mOsamnu sonnA elite criticA? Athane. Muthalla ingga horrible-nu sonnathu adiyen. Appadina na elite critic-a? Illangga, verum polite critic considering that "Horrible" is the kindest word I can think of for a movie that has dog attempting to steal the show everytime the director sleeps off :evil:

:lol: bayangaramaana padama irukkum pola :roll:

AudazJay
13th August 2010, 11:13 AM

:lol: bayangaramaana padama irukkum pola :roll:

:lol: Haven't watched the film but caught the songs on Sun TV sometime back. I remember watching the dog in the Azhagiye Kodiye song. Compared to what Vijayakumar did in the Unnai Azhaithathu number, the dog was more tolerable...though both seem to have two left feet.

Plum
13th August 2010, 11:14 AM
Compared to what Vijayakumar did in the Unnai Azhaithathu number, the dog was more tolerable...

groucho070
13th August 2010, 11:16 AM

PARAMASHIVAN
13th August 2010, 02:56 PM
ingE enna nadakuthu :roll:

m_23_bayarea
15th August 2010, 11:06 AM
Re visited 'Dharmathin thalaivan' serious laugh riot :rotfl3:

Esp these scenes

SS would be walking on the street without his 'veshti' every one would be laughing, then some girls would be staring at laughing at ss from a bus stand , SS would say 'Aiyo ponungal ellam enna paakuthu' and giggle :rotfl:

The best part was when SS would walk into some one hous e and would argue that it his house :rotfl3:

SS :notworthy:

Watched that movie today! It's one of my favorite movies of Thalaivar. I love how he contrasts himself in both the characters - a very soft and humorous character in the professor, and a rowdy guy! Great movie... 8-)

hamid
19th August 2010, 10:38 PM
thalapathi on KTV.. one of my fav scenes : Jaishankar revealing who Rajini's mother is.. Rajini's expressions in closeups :notworthy:

Sudarsh
20th August 2010, 07:44 PM
MY FAV ALL TIME RAJINI SONG IS STILL EN PERU PADAYAPPA... what an intro that is also my favourite tamil intro song 8-) ... classic touch by rahman and what an styke when ramya says to him who are u man and rajini says in the most stylish way en peru padayappa as a response to her.

I also like Kickku eruthai because that song really shows his style even when he gets older in the movie its like the line ramya says to him vaiyasa analam innuum onada style um azhaga innum pogavai illai and then he says atha en koodaaai poranthada!

Bala (Karthik)
20th August 2010, 09:02 PM
Senorita (Johnny)
Arguably the best getup for Rajini

Vivasaayi
20th August 2010, 09:07 PM
Senorita (Johnny)

prelude...chakachakachakachaka. (with rajni using sciccors) .jumjumjum jum jum jum ...

Bala (Karthik)
20th August 2010, 09:08 PM
Senorita (Johnny)

prelude...chakachakachakachaka. (with rajni using sciccors) .jumjumjum jum jum jum ...

Exactly this piece (appadiye audio-va vaarthaila kondu vandhu niruthitta).. and his antics in the song....

Plum
20th August 2010, 09:08 PM
Allov! Careful! Apram "kanmani anbodu, the best getup for kamal"-nu yaaravadhu counter koduthuda pOrAnga!

Bala (Karthik)
20th August 2010, 09:11 PM
Flaum,
Ada seriously, the music and the getup is a deadly combination. Aval Appadithaan, Thillu Mullu (without meesai)-um include pannalaam....

Roshan
20th August 2010, 10:24 PM
I voted for Annamalai. Romance, comedy, ammaa paasam, thanthai paasam, innocent friendship, revenge, and finally humanity. I never get bored with Annamalai - specially the thodai thattufying scene and the sequences thereafter. Classy !

Sudarsh
21st August 2010, 12:28 AM
I voted for Annamalai. Romance, comedy, ammaa paasam, thanthai paasam, innocent friendship, revenge, and finally humanity. I never get bored with Annamalai - specially the thodai thattufying scene and the sequences thereafter. Classy !

ye annamalai was very entertaining :D

HonestRaj
22nd August 2010, 08:27 AM

well Done :clap: :clap:

but last week I watched MULLUM MALARUM in one sitting :cry:

Mahendran & Ilayaraaja & Rajini & Balu Mahendra :thumbsup:

HonestRaj
22nd August 2010, 11:27 PM
MULLUM MALARUM

- kittathatta 3 varusama DVD summa kidakkiradhu.. innaikku indha padathai parthe aaganumnu 2 naalaikku munnadi parthen..

- climax parkkumpodhu.. kitta thatta kaN kalangittEn <nan mattumthan padam parthen.. vera yarum illai veetla>... when Rajini says, "vaLLi.. en thangachi"

- sila padangal sOgam / sentiment thinikkapadum.. siladhu edupadaadhu... indha padathil Mahendran enna unarvai solla varraro.. andha unarvu ennai badhikkaveithadhu

- padathula aarambathula irundhu Rajini avarudaya vazhakkamana thenavattu / style'la than varrar... sariyaana nerangalla pattaya kelappidurar

- sila nerudalgal... VAM - other man's wife.. andha track avasiyam padathula thevaya? just to show VAM has bad character..

- I have heard that mahendran read 1/2 of the story of Mullum Malarum <from a novel> & for 2nd half he did his own screenplay... andha novel online'la kidaikkuma?

- some touching scenes... <exact dialogues marandhuduchu>
* en vaLLi pattini kidandhaalna adhu indha kaaLi seththa naaLathanda irukkum <when he beats the office clerk>

* Rajini kai ponadhum.. avaru thangachi kooli velaikku poyittu varradhu therinjadhum Rajini, "10 vayasulaye ungala velai seyya vidalai... innaikku ennoda vayasu enna... kai pona enna.. na uyiroda than irukken" <like that>

* when he arranges marriage for his sister.. to his saga's "dei konjam udhavi pannungappa.. udhavi pannungappa.. ennoda nilamai .. pazhaya kaaLi ya irundha yarayum edhirparkka matten"

* when sarathbabu calls Rajini to inform that he lost his job... rajini azhavum mudiyama.. emotion'ai control pannavum mudiyama.. "neenga nenachadha sadhichutteenga sir" ippadi oru dialogue.... :clap: :clap:

* rajini camera partha azhuvadhillainalum.. sariya samalichudarar.. seyarkkaya theriyiradhillai..

* no need to say about the techicians.. :bow:

* MULLUM MALARUM illainalum Rajini irupparu.. aanal idhu ponra padangal ellam special

* MM works for me more than 6 to 60's sentiment...

omega
23rd August 2010, 01:05 AM

Appuram SPMkkum Mahendranukkum vithyaasam irukkula.

groucho070
23rd August 2010, 07:17 AM
HR :thumbsup:

groucho070
23rd August 2010, 08:38 AM
Pandiyan.

As said earlier, silly fun. There is no message here, just Rajini is Mr. Right, but who can go wrong, when he failed to save his sister from going back to jail.

The Swordsman Chu Rajini with gadget filled motorbike scenes were too funny, then and now. I mean, come on SPM, this is even low for your standards.

This film finally establishes the reason why Janakaraj is never remembered as a great comedian.

Songs were wonderful to listen to after so long
Ulagattukaaga Piranthavan melodic intro.
Pandiyanin Rajyathil- rhythmic stuff. Kush and Rajini got good chemistry here (chew on this, Prabhu)
Adi Jumba - the reason to hate this film. Rajini better dancer than the gael was already unconvincingly established almost a decade earlier, nobody bought it so no problem.
Anbe Nee Enna - Most young male who watch Tamizh films that time fantasised that they were Rajini here. Nice song though

And my favourite:
Pandiyana Kokka Kokka....don't know why, I love it. Pure Rajinism.

And Mano proves that he is also perfect for Rajini (chew on this, Paramu).

Aaga mottathula, the film would be unbearable without IR and son(s?).

Plum
23rd August 2010, 08:52 AM
That's interesting grouch. Pandiyan will be bottom-O bottom of IR's list yet it makes a film more bearable for someone who is not really a IR fanatic...really, interesting.

Mano makes it unbearable for me, though. Sorry I am with paramu here.
For a long time, when the radio previews were out, which was about a month before the movie, I got to listen only to snatches of pandiyanin raajjiyathil, the mano part. Until I heard the actual song and chitra's part, I used to think it was pandiyanin raajjiyathil gujjalaala. Such is Mano's clarity of singing.

groucho070
23rd August 2010, 08:59 AM
That's interesting grouch. Pandiyan will be bottom-O bottom of IR's list yet it makes a film more bearable for someone who is not really a IR fanatic...really, interesting. It was bottom for me at that time, I was thinking IR has gone goddam lazy, but years later having exposed to turds masquerading as music, I repented and went Kannai Thirandha Karunai kaarmegameee (re: Veera)....to IR

PARAMASHIVAN
23rd August 2010, 04:19 PM
That's interesting grouch. Pandiyan will be bottom-O bottom of IR's list yet it makes a film more bearable for someone who is not really a IR fanatic...really, interesting.

Mano makes it unbearable for me, though. Sorry I am with paramu here.
For a long time, when the radio previews were out, which was about a month before the movie, I got to listen only to snatches of pandiyanin raajjiyathil, the mano part. Until I heard the actual song and chitra's part, I used to think it was pandiyanin raajjiyathil gujjalaala. Such is Mano's clarity of singing.

Thanks Plum , Mano was OK under ARR as ARR could have over shadowed Mano's 'inability' by increasing the 'volume' on his key board.

With IR, it is pure vocal, no escaping here.

Mano is a big sothapufi Mannan in all IR music, I remember how frustrated I was after hearing Mano's suthapal in Pandiyan songs.

I can not think of one song which was sung good by mano under IR, he was Ok under ARR, as ARR songs 'mostly' over take singers 'vocal' by musical instruments

tvsankar
23rd August 2010, 04:32 PM
Mullum Malarum

One more nice scene

Shobaha , patafat ai pathi Rajini ku sollum style...

shobana solvanga - pavam annae avo romba appavi

adhuku Rajini yin kindal - very nice.

epadi epadi.......

Mahendran - ivar padathula vara characaters ellam - Feelings la vaazharavanga.

SP Muthuraman - Ivar padathil - Situations - idhu the Hero. so adharku Characters oda reaciton - ipadi irukum Ivaroda direction Style........

SuraTheLeader
23rd August 2010, 05:08 PM
Again watched PANAKKARAN for the n'th number of time, on saturday @ K TV.
RAJINI & JANAKARAJ :lol: :clap:
RAJINI's ENGLISH is very famous as he has done that right from BLACK & WHITE Movies...
Few movies I remember are
*GURU SISHYAN
*VELAIKARAN
Even in PANAKARAN,when JANAKARAJ says to RAJINI that GOWTHAMI is in love with him,he starts speaking in ENGLISH.... :clap: very classy,funny........ everything
THALAIVAR THALAIVARDHAN.............
These variations and performances show why he is very hard to be replaced, even after his retirement [ May be after ENTHIRAN :wink: !]
Becos no one in the Gen-Next seems to have such versatile [ COMEDY,ACTION,EMOTION,what else...... ]performance :(

PARAMASHIVAN
23rd August 2010, 06:50 PM
everything
THALAIVAR THALAIVARDHAN.............
(

:shock: :shock: :shock:

m_23_bayarea
23rd August 2010, 07:14 PM
KAI KODUKKUM KAI (1984) - Another great movie from Mahendran with Thalaivar! 8-)

PARAMASHIVAN
23rd August 2010, 07:16 PM
KAI KODUKKUM KAI (1984) - Another great movie from Mahendran with Thalaivar! 8-)

Thaalam poove vaasam veesu - by SPB & SJ from that movie right , bay bro ??

It has Revathy with SS right? how did the film do in the BO ??

tamizharasan
23rd August 2010, 07:17 PM
Kai kodukkum Kai did not make much impact in box office. It should have recovered its investment considering the cost.

m_23_bayarea
23rd August 2010, 07:19 PM

Thaalam poove vaasam veesu - by SPB & SJ from that movie right , bay bro ??

It has Revathy with SS right? how did the film do in the BO ??

Yes, it that movie! Well, the site says it ran for 105 days in Chennai...

Kai Kodukkum Kai - 105 Days - Alankar, Maharani, Sakthi Abirami

http://www.rajinikanth.com/boxoffice.htm

PARAMASHIVAN
23rd August 2010, 07:21 PM
hmm I guess it was the debut movie for chinni Jeyanth :roll: I did not know it was a mahendran movie :shock: time for a re - vist :)

Plum
23rd August 2010, 07:49 PM
Afaik, spm directed kkk. Mahen just did the story and screenplay? No?

m_23_bayarea
23rd August 2010, 08:04 PM

SPM was not involved in any way! The story is from outside, and Mahendran did the Screenplay, Dialogues, and Direction! :P

Nerd
23rd August 2010, 08:06 PM

SPM was not involved in any way! The story is from outside, and Mahendran did the Screenplay, Dialogues, and Direction! :P
Story from Karnataka, is it not. Thalaivar acted in that Kannada movie too. If I am not wrong, that kannada movie had 3 stories and Mahendran took one of the stories and wrote the screenplay for it.

Poornima
23rd August 2010, 08:20 PM
Story from Karnataka, is it not. Thalaivar acted in that Kannada movie too. If I am not wrong, that kannada movie had 3 stories and Mahendran took one of the stories and wrote the screenplay for it.

Katha Sangama, directed by Puttanna Kanagal. rajni was the baddie in the original...

tamizharasan
23rd August 2010, 08:26 PM

Nerd
Do you have dvd for this movie? Where can I get this movie?

Nerd
23rd August 2010, 08:31 PM
Nerd
No idea. But few scenes are there in youtube.

m_23_bayarea
23rd August 2010, 09:00 PM
Nerd
No idea. But few scenes are there in youtube.

Try this...

http://tamilmoviewaves.blogspot.com/2008/05/kai-kodukkum-kai-tamil-movie-watch.html

Nerd
23rd August 2010, 09:06 PM
Try this...

http://tamilmoviewaves.blogspot.com/2008/05/kai-kodukkum-kai-tamil-movie-watch.html
I think TA was asking about that Kannada film :?

Nerd
23rd August 2010, 09:07 PM
And I have given links to 3 scenes from that Kannada film in the 2nd post of this thread.

http://mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=1872517#1872517

m_23_bayarea
23rd August 2010, 09:08 PM
I think Thalaivar looked his best during this time (1984)... 8-) 8-)

He was 34-35 years old then! :P

tamizharasan
23rd August 2010, 09:13 PM
Try this...

I think TA was asking about that Kannada film :?

Nerd, Bay
I was asking about Tamil movie. Thanks for the link Bay. I would like to get DVD also if possible.

omega
23rd August 2010, 09:31 PM

Yes, for his classical look.
But for the ultra cool modern look, it has to be Rajathi Raja (What a look when he wears his coolers in the prelude to Malayala karaiyoram song - Mano :hammer: )

PARAMASHIVAN
23rd August 2010, 09:33 PM

But for the ultra cool modern look, it has to be Rajathi Raja (What a look when he wears his coolers in the prelude to Malayala karaiyoram song - Mano :hammer: )

:rotfl3:

Ithaa thaan 10 varushama solli kitu vaarE , yaar keata :sigh2: :sigh2:

Avadi to America
23rd August 2010, 09:35 PM

Bro, mano nallathaan padi irrupar...should compare with SPB

PARAMASHIVAN
23rd August 2010, 09:39 PM

Bro, mano nallathaan padi irrupar...should compare with SPB

A2A

we are not comparing Mano with legendary singer SPB, but most of Mano songs under IR are absolute murder, he was ok for songs under ARR , but a disaster under IR

HonestRaj
23rd August 2010, 11:15 PM

SPM..

Nallavanukku Nallavan -- "chittukku chella chittukku" nallaa irukkum..

adhai light'ah maathi Annamalai'la "oru pen puraa" aakiruppanga... adhuvum nallaathan irukkum...

m_23_bayarea
23rd August 2010, 11:25 PM

SPM..

Nallavanukku Nallavan -- "chittukku chella chittukku" nallaa irukkum..

adhai light'ah maathi Annamalai'la "oru pen puraa" aakiruppanga... adhuvum nallaathan irukkum...

I agree, that similar Father-daughter relationship can be seen in Nallavanukku Nallavan, Annamalai, and Padayappa! :P

But NN is beyond comparison though! 8-)

gurusaravanan
24th August 2010, 11:08 AM
Did any one see that video :
Unseen rare video footage of rajini's ADVICE ON MARRIAGE....think that s mohan film...

gurusaravanan
24th August 2010, 11:40 AM
Got it guys ..Film name is nandri meendum varuga.. Prathap pothan as hero

PARAMASHIVAN
24th August 2010, 02:45 PM
But NN is beyond comparison though! 8-)

yes, esp SS acting in the song chittuku chella chitukku :clap:

m_23_bayarea
26th August 2010, 09:30 AM
See the amazing response for the mega blockbuster BILLA (1980) screened in a local theatre a few months back...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj_BSVipn-g&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33iUoRrxyQo&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lBuvrFazrk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVwF2jpRt6Q&feature=related

:notworthy: :clap: :smokesmirk:

PARAMASHIVAN
26th August 2010, 02:59 PM
:thumbsup:

SoftSword
26th August 2010, 04:13 PM
Mohanlal sings 'Oh ho kikku...'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RotBgNfskNM&feature=related

SuraTheLeader
26th August 2010, 04:36 PM

:ty: Bro.

I assumed that MOHAN LAL is Kamal's Friend [side] after seeing UPO.... :lol:
But he sings Thalaivar's song here in stage :thumbsup:

PARAMASHIVAN
26th August 2010, 06:04 PM

Sarna
26th August 2010, 07:15 PM
I assumed that MOHAN LAL is Kamal's Friend [side] after seeing UPO.... :lol:
But he sings Thalaivar's song here in stage :thumbsup:

MohanLal acted as Rajini fan in few movies(dont remember the name). He did dishoom dishoom like Thalapathi Rajini in one movie :)

BM
28th August 2010, 11:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO8O5qInUsk

:notworthy:

hamid
31st August 2010, 10:13 PM
Saw some comedy scenes involving Rajini as krishna deva rayar and Bagyaraj as Tenaliraman.. nice one..Rajini's expressions when talk about his wives, his night trips etc are :rotfl:

which movie is this from?

m_23_bayarea
31st August 2010, 10:14 PM
Saw some comedy scenes involving Rajini as krishna deva rayar and Bagyaraj as Tenaliraman.. nice one..Rajini's expressions when talk about his wives, his night trips etc are :rotfl:

Anbulla Rajinikanth! 8-)

hamid
31st August 2010, 10:17 PM
Thanks Bay..
I have seen that movie.. somehow dont remember this part.. :oops:

Raikkonen
31st August 2010, 10:22 PM
Few scenes in kuselan..

- climax (not the long winded speech, but after that.. the way he embraces pattasu balu :cry: :thumbsup:)

- his encounter with r.sunderrajan :lol:

PARAMASHIVAN
1st September 2010, 02:44 PM

Anbulla Rajinikanth! 8-)

:roll: cant recall any of that scenes :confused2:

Vivasaayi
1st September 2010, 02:51 PM
Few scenes in kuselan..

- climax (not the long winded speech, but after that.. the way he embraces pattasu balu :cry: :thumbsup:)

- his encounter with r.sunderrajan :lol:

the scene where we get to see the difference between patatsu balu and rajni as an actor

groucho070
1st September 2010, 03:37 PM
Everytime Kali edges out, someone votes for Surya....maybe mistaken identity. Yov ithu antha surya illayaa :twisted:

PARAMASHIVAN
1st September 2010, 06:53 PM
watched 'Thaayilamal naan ilai' though Kamal ji was the Hero, SS does little cameo as a rowdy and steals the show

Nice songs by Shankar Ganesh , esp the first song by SPB for kamal :clap:

m_23_bayarea
2nd September 2010, 02:05 AM
Great playlist on YouTube called "Rajinikanth Hit Songs"... Awesome list to keep playing in the background at work! :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8EwzUojSZM&p=1AAD2785DEA17195&index=55&playnext=9

:boo:

AudazJay
2nd September 2010, 01:48 PM

Anbulla Rajinikanth! 8-)

Me neither.
The only scene I remember of Rajini & Bhagyaraj in Anbulla rajinikanth is the one where Bhagyaraj acts as the King and Rajini as the minister- the arm wrestling scene.
Intha Krishna deva rayar-Thenaliraman scenes ellam eppo varum?

SuraTheLeader
2nd September 2010, 02:10 PM

Anbulla Rajinikanth! 8-)

Me neither.
The only scene I remember of Rajini & Bhagyaraj in Anbulla rajinikanth is the one where Bhagyaraj acts as the King and Rajini as the minister- the arm wrestling scene.
Intha Krishna deva rayar-Thenaliraman scenes ellam eppo varum?

The whole sequence comes in the same stage - play.
RAJINI will be the KING [ KRISHNA DEVARAYAR ]initially .
He ll be enjoying with many women apart from Queen :lol:
BHAGYARAJ [ Tenaliraman ] ll be thinking to set right the KING.
So he makes few women to fight[to the king] for equal rights as that of Men have, in meaning they too can have many affair like Men [ KING ].
First RAJINI accepts to thier demand :lol:
Then BHAGYARAJ reminds what ll happen if Queen too takes Same Law in hand........
Then they swap thier KING & MINISTER posts...
CONCLUSION of That PLAY : A KING SHOULD BE BOTH WISE & BRAVE IN RULING.....
BOTH RAJINI & BHAGYARAJ :clap:

PARAMASHIVAN
2nd September 2010, 04:15 PM
Great playlist on YouTube called "Rajinikanth Hit Songs"... Awesome list to keep playing in the background at work! :P

bay

neenga Tea kadailaya vela seiyureenga :lol2: :yessir:

m_23_bayarea
4th September 2010, 08:56 AM
Watching Superstar's Mega Blockbuster movie RAAJAADHI RAAJA (1989) tonight.

Vevaram therinji paartha modhal padam. The movie that made me his fan for life! I so remember watching this movie at Albert during my 4th standard summer hols.

My gosh, what great memories, and how handsome is he in this movie!

groucho070
4th September 2010, 09:14 AM
Apparently IR told Rajini that if this film does not do well he will not touch the Harmonium petti again. So, either the film did well, or Raja just switched to Synthesiser.

sathya_1979
4th September 2010, 09:22 AM
Dharmadurai meeting Parvathy after Jail Sentence, when Parvathy was working as a housemaid :cry2:
No lengthy dialogues, no over the top expressions.
"Parvathy" nu kooppittu oru verumayaana paarvai - That look will tell all the pain and sorrow :notworthy:

mexicomeat
4th September 2010, 10:48 AM
There is this actor who has acted in old Doordarshan tv serials.. I think his name is ragavendra but I could be wrong.

If I remember correctly, he acted as a politician in arunachalam - a quite powerful but guest role character given to this relatively unknown person.

I was told (or may have read somewhere) that he is a close friend of rajini and/or was one of the producers of the movie.

any one has any idea on what i am talking about?

m_23_bayarea
4th September 2010, 11:15 AM
There is this actor who has acted in old Doordarshan tv serials.. I think his name is ragavendra but I could be wrong.

If I remember correctly, he acted as a politician in arunachalam - a quite powerful but guest role character given to this relatively unknown person.

I was told (or may have read somewhere) that he is a close friend of rajini and/or was one of the producers of the movie.

Raj Bahadur - Thaliver's counterpart and close friend while he was a conductor?

m_23_bayarea
4th September 2010, 11:15 AM
Apparently IR told Rajini that if this film does not do well he will not touch the Harmonium petti again. So, either the film did well, or Raja just switched to Synthesiser.

I know IR is the producer - the movie became a blockbuster! 8-)

mexicomeat
4th September 2010, 11:21 AM

Raj Bahadur - Thaliver's counterpart and close friend while he was a conductor?
no no.. this guy is a tamil tv serial actor.

sathya_1979
4th September 2010, 11:24 AM
I presume u mean Raghavendar, relative (cousin?) of Lata ji

mexicomeat
4th September 2010, 11:39 AM
yes yes.

m_23_bayarea
4th September 2010, 08:01 PM
yes yes.

Isn't he her brother? :?

Bala (Karthik)
5th September 2010, 04:04 PM
Mehico,
http://movies.rediff.com/slide-show/2010/sep/03/slide-show-1-soundarya-rajnikanth-weds-ashwin.htm#contentTop ivara thaane solreenga?

HonestRaj
6th September 2010, 12:11 AM
yes yes.

he used to be a part of Visu's films

HonestRaj
6th September 2010, 12:11 AM
Everytime Kali edges out, someone votes for Surya....maybe mistaken identity. Yov ithu antha surya illayaa :twisted:

PARAMASHIVAN
6th September 2010, 03:26 PM
Hmm Even I too wonder how kali and surya keep on getting equal amount of votes :confused2:

IMO, Kali was far far better than surya !

prashanth12
6th September 2010, 06:58 PM
And Mullum Malarum was also far better than Thalapathy.

PARAMASHIVAN
6th September 2010, 07:06 PM
And Mullum Malarum was also far better than Thalapathy.

:exactly: thalapathy is a Modern Karnan, apart from SS and Mamooty acting, IR music there is nothing in the film. Oh there was the beauty queen shobana in the fil :lol2: :P :P

prashanth12
6th September 2010, 07:36 PM
I think people tend to overrate Thalapathy since they compare it to other post-90s Rajini movies...which aren't exactly classics...

PARAMASHIVAN
6th September 2010, 08:01 PM
I think people tend to overrate Thalapathy since they compare it to other post-90s Rajini movies...which aren't exactly classics...

SuraTheLeader
6th September 2010, 08:12 PM

How can u Ignore ANNAMALI 1992 [ Post - 90 ] Release which is an EVER-GREEN CLASSIC
Typical Example to show-case how an MASS-MASALA MOVIE can become CLASSIC.
:notworthy: SUPER STAR RAJINIKANTH 8-) :smokesmile: :notworthy:

NOTE : Even our IlayaThalabathy entered films by enacting that SAVAAL scene to his dad. :)

prashanth12
6th September 2010, 08:16 PM
I ignored it because I don't consider it an ever-green classic, or anywhere close to one.

NOTE : Even our IlayaThalabathy entered films by enacting that SAVAAL scene to his dad. :)

Ah, so Annamalai gets the blame for that :lol:

PARAMASHIVAN
6th September 2010, 08:19 PM
Prashanth

Annamalai / basha are all ever green classic of SS in the 90's ! :yes:

Sarna
7th September 2010, 11:21 AM

For me other post-90s Rajini masala movies are far far better than the so-called classic thalapathi.... the only pluse other than thalaivar in thalapathi is raaja music :bow: :bow:

prashanth12
7th September 2010, 11:26 AM
Who was calling Thalapathi a classic....? :?

For Rajini's true "classics" you need to go back earlier in time.

AudazJay
7th September 2010, 12:13 PM
What's with all the lashing on Thalapathy?
The poll was on your favorite character, not on the best acting of Rajini. I love that Surya character, so I voted for it. Ithule enna periya over-rated, under-rated iruku? :huh:

Sarna
7th September 2010, 12:20 PM
AudazJay :) cool :)

previous thread'Oda continuation'aa indha thread(part 3) start pannumbOdhu, poll option discussion nadandhuttirundhadhu... during that time many were claiming Thalapathi as classic and the best movie for Rajini.... and few were claiming second best for Rajini after mullum malarum :)
but for me or IMO, other masala movies of Rajini are far better than Thalapathi.... kitta thatta ennOda opinionOda Oralavukku oththuppOguramaadhiri prashath'Oda post irundhadhaala.... oru chinna sandhOshaththula naanum ennOda opinion'a thirumbavum orumura pOst pannEn :) nothing else :)

Plum
7th September 2010, 12:25 PM
"Thalapathy is not a classic" - thus spake sarNA

Ahn! nallA sollunga, Frabhu Raum and co., ippO enna seivInga, ippO enna seivInga?
(sarNA, apdiyE singa kuttigaL kitta sollim oru nAlu vOttu Surya-ku edhirA pOda sollalAmla? Suryakku edhirA vottu pOdaradhunna kasakkumA? ;-))

groucho070
7th September 2010, 12:34 PM
Plum :D

Thalabathi's Surya is merely a reminder what an actor Rajini is. Rajini fans would go, "see that film, he can act" to naysayers.

But Kali sticks in your mind, like unlaserable tattoo long after you finish the movie, weeks, months, and for someone like me, decades. You don't say, "see Rajini can act". No, Kaali is character, living, breathing character, it takes sometimes to realise that it was played by one Rajinikanth.

So, all ye new hubbers, please vote for Kali and ribbing aside, if you have not watched Mullum Malarum, it's high time you do and come back here with your votes.

Sarna
7th September 2010, 01:05 PM
Plum :)

Groucho, we have similar for opinion for kaali and thambi :D

groucho070
7th September 2010, 02:50 PM
Plum :)

Groucho, we have similar for opinion for kaali and thambi :Dippadi solli enna nadakkapoguthu....antha electionla thambi oru flop-ngga. But seriously, everytime Kali leads, Surya gets a vote too. In Malay we call this kinda scenario Pelik Bin Hairan.

PARAMASHIVAN
7th September 2010, 03:11 PM
Plum

Have you not seen Mullum malarum :shock:, Have you not seen Engeyo keata kural ??
Have you not seen 6 il irunthu 60 varai???

when you compare SS acting in the above movies with thalapthay, thalapathy becomes a 'jujubi' for SS acting talents!

Nerd
7th September 2010, 08:09 PM
Whats with all the Thalapathy bashing? There is very little that is wrong with the film. Also, there is nothing wrong with Surya or his performance.

MM is a superior film/performance - granted.

tamizharasan
7th September 2010, 08:57 PM
Rajini and IR were the only saving graces of Thalapathy, which is otherwise a very average movie IMO.

app_engine
7th September 2010, 09:34 PM
Whats with all the Thalapathy bashing? There is very little that is wrong with the film. Also, there is nothing wrong with Surya or his performance.

+1

I've voted for Surya prior to watching MM, now rate Kali far superior.

In any case, the only problem with the MR movie was "geography" which was missing :-( Had it been taken care, it could have become another milestone movie, like nAyakan.

PARAMASHIVAN
7th September 2010, 10:01 PM
Rajini and IR were the only saving graces of Thalapathy, which is otherwise a very average movie IMO.

ajithfederer
7th September 2010, 10:02 PM
+1. I consider that as Rajni's most natural/best performance. Very very captivating.

AudazJay
8th September 2010, 12:12 PM

:exactly: MM as a film can speak for itself. Why should there be a need to pull Thalapathy down in order to glorify the beauty of the former? :?

Plum
8th September 2010, 02:17 PM
ada election-nu vandhA edhir katchi kAran mEla oozhal kuRRachAttu sollAma podhu kUttam pOda mudiyumA?