PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Scenes/Songs from THALAIVAR Rajini films #3

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

Nerd
1st March 2010, 10:05 PM
I like Mano too. Just that he sounded horrible in this particular film.

omega
1st March 2010, 10:10 PM
The fact that Mano always tries to immitate SPB (& ends up pathetically) must be the reason PS hates him this much.

That aside, Mano did have some very good numbers.

PARAMASHIVAN
1st March 2010, 10:11 PM
Muqala Muqabala is his 'OWN' voice the rest is all SPB wannabe :rotfl3:

BTW , I met him in restaurant in London,, not many recognised him... he seemed friendly ,... may that was the 'Jack Daniel' he was drinking :lol2:

PARAMASHIVAN
1st March 2010, 10:14 PM
The fact that Mano always tries to immitate SPB (& ends up pathetically) must be the reason PS hates him this much.

No No, I dont hate him at all ... he makes a mockery out of him self doing that, remember arunmozhi tried this one but he stopped straight away knowing it doesn't work out..

any one remember 'Kovai' Soundararajan... he tried to imitate TMS, and he was a good imitator, he knew his limits and stuck to it.

look at unnimenon another Dr.KJY wannabe :lol2:

PARAMASHIVAN
1st March 2010, 10:17 PM

:exactly: but i dont hate him at all:)

Thanks to Dr.IR and Dr.SPB.... During Anjali film time SPB sir had throat operationn and was unable to sing for months and months, Mano use to work in IR troop as a helping hand... and he was big fan of SPB and a imitator,so IR gave him chance, then we all know what happend :rotfl:

Vivasaayi
1st March 2010, 10:19 PM

No No, I dont hate him at all ... he makes a mockery out of him self doing that, remember arunmozhi tried this one but he stopped straight away knowing it doesn't work out..

any one remember 'Kovai' Soundararajan... he tried to imitate TMS, and he was a good imitator, he knew his limits and stuck to it.

look at unnimenon another Dr.KJY wannabe :lol2:

mano is not just another imitator...he has sung lots of great songs ..one of the prominent singers of his time singers..prolly next to spb and jesudas.

he imitates spb..right..but he is unique in his own way

Nerd
1st March 2010, 10:19 PM
Ada adhu anjali illabA. Idhayaththai thirudaadhE. Mano sang all the songs which were sung by SPB in the Telugu version. Meesicals can confirm.

Another dig - I think ARR used him extremely well. I like all Mano-ARR songs.

PARAMASHIVAN
1st March 2010, 10:21 PM
From last film thread.
Veera.

The Musical. Rajini Rocks. Raja Rocks. Roja Rocks.....okay, the last one was for rhyming reasons don't take it seriously :D More on the Rajini's thread.

But seriously, the songs were awesome and I am talking also about the smaller ones:
Aatula Annakili,
Munti Munthi vinayagaree
Kannai Thirantha.

Then the other big ones.

Fun and folksy
Vadi Vettalai pakka
Adi Panthalilee.

Naughty
Madattile Kanni Madatile (that Shankar/Harris stole for Anniyan)

Romantic, with tinge of sadness:
Konji Konji Alaigalooda.

And of course, the most majestic of it all (that probably inspired the picturisation of all the dance songs in Muthu later).
Malai Kovil Vasalil.....

Then, of course, Rajini. There is still the performer in him in this film, may it be comedy scene (Govinda scene had my wife laughing till she teared) or somber ones. Too bad, this film is sandwiched between the Baashas and the Padaiyappas that it might be forgotten. I hope not.
Agree with each and every word. There are around 10 songs in the film and I love all of them (Mano's gruff voice not withstanding). And Rajini was so natural in the 2nd half. Reminds you of Guru Sishyan :D

Ivangala yellam yaarappa paada vachathu, karumum

His songs to credit are Muqala Muqabala, the rest are all Pathetic!

SPB illaina... maththavanga ellorum pathetic'ah :lol:

I like most of Mano's songs :)

Yopv umaku kanNen nollaiya :rotfl:, mathavengalariyum pathetic nu sonNena.... read what I write b4 jumping up and down..

BTW umakuk than VK vitta mathvangaellarum Jujubi..

PARAMASHIVAN
1st March 2010, 10:23 PM
Ada adhu anjali illabA. Idhayaththai thirudaadhE. Mano sang all the songs which were sung by SPB in the Telugu version. Meesicals can confirm.

No he did have a throat operation after anjali.. for singing that song for Raghuvaran .. the song with Raghuvaran with kids

Vivasaayi
1st March 2010, 10:23 PM

o papa lali(mano) in tamil is such a great song...and I havent listened to the telugu version(spb) until recent past.

SPB - :notworthy: ..taking nothing away from mano.... SPB was just awesome...showed the difference between good singer and a great singer...he just carried the mood of the song to completely different level..

PARAMASHIVAN
1st March 2010, 10:26 PM

o papa lali in tamil is such a great song...and I havent listened to the telugu version until recent past.

SPB - :notworthy: ..taking nothing away from mano.... SPB was just awesome...showed the difference between good singer and a great singer...he just carried the mood of the song to completely different level..

ithaa thaan naan solla vanthEn.. Oh priya priya in Telugu (SPB) tamil (mano) listen to it :rotfl: absolute murder by mano :rotfl:

PARAMASHIVAN
1st March 2010, 10:26 PM
any way coming back to the topic... :lol2:

Vivasaayi
1st March 2010, 10:29 PM
paramasivan,

absolute murderlam too much...

mano was good...its just that SPB was great.

omega
1st March 2010, 10:32 PM
I don't think Arunmozhi tried to emulate SPB. He had a unique voice that suited very well for Parthiban. I like lot of his songs.

PARAMASHIVAN
1st March 2010, 10:32 PM
paramasivan,

absolute murderlam too much...

mano was good...its just that SPB was great.

any way coming back to the topic :lol2:

PARAMASHIVAN
1st March 2010, 10:35 PM
I don't think Arunmozhi tried to emulate SPB. He had a unique voice that suited very well for Parthiban. I like lot of his songs.

He did in few songs, Can't remember...esp the silimishams SPB does like the laughter, giggles.. these are SPB's trade mark..

But I too liked his songs, I think there were 2 songs of him in muthu

Avadi to America
1st March 2010, 11:05 PM
Mano is much better than some nasal singers form bollywood....he is not great like SPB....but he is good singer.... At the same time, i too agree that he tried to immitate SPB....

PM,
Reagrding 'jack daniel',
I came to know that mano started to dring after his son's death.....

PARAMASHIVAN
2nd March 2010, 03:22 PM
Mano is much better than some nasal singers form bollywood....he is not great like SPB....but he is good singer.... At the same time, i too agree that he tried to immitate SPB....

PM,
Reagrding 'jack daniel',
I came to know that mano started to dring after his son's death.....

I completeley agree, but hariharan, shanher mahadevan are all way better than mano, but they are all tamilians any way (hari and shanker)

chek ur pm

HonestRaj
2nd March 2010, 08:09 PM
BTW umakuk than VK vitta mathvangaellarum Jujubi..

idhu vEraya :P

I have equal no. of Rajini & kamal film DVD's as much as I have VK films

// end

app_engine
2nd March 2010, 08:21 PM
I completeley agree, but hariharan, shanher mahadevan are all way better than mano, but they are all tamilians any way (hari and shanker)

கிடையாது!

இவர்கள் இருவரையும் விட மனோவின் தமிழ் தெளிவாகவும், நல்ல உச்சரிப்புடனும் இருக்கும்!

ஹரிஹரனுக்கும், சங்கர் மகாதேவனுக்கும் பாடும் விதத்தில் தனித்துவம் இருக்கிறது, ஆனால் மொழியைப்பொறுத்த மட்டில் மனோவுக்குக்கீழே தான்!

PARAMASHIVAN
2nd March 2010, 08:57 PM
Digression

கிடையாது!

இவர்கள் இருவரையும் விட மனோவின் தமிழ் தெளிவாகவும், நல்ல உச்சரிப்புடனும் இருக்கும்!

ஹரிஹரனுக்கும், சங்கர் மகாதேவனுக்கும் பாடும் விதத்தில் தனித்துவம் இருக்கிறது, ஆனால் மொழியைப்பொறுத்த மட்டில் மனோவுக்குக்கீழே தான்!

ipPo yaaro Mozhiyai pathi pesinthu :huh:.. we are talking about singing skills and voice, where mano is just average .

end of digression

l

app_engine
2nd March 2010, 09:00 PM
ipPo yaaro Mozhiyai pathi pesinthu :huh:..
l

அவங்க ரெண்டு பேரும் "தமிழர்கள்"னு பேசினது நீங்க தானா, இல்ல உங்களுக்குள் இருக்கும் சந்திரமுகியா? :-)

joe
2nd March 2010, 09:06 PM
ipPo yaaro Mozhiyai pathi pesinthu :huh:..
l

அவங்க ரெண்டு பேரும் "தமிழர்கள்"னு பேசினது நீங்க தானா, இல்ல உங்களுக்குள் இருக்கும் சந்திரமுகியா? :-)

:lol:

PARAMASHIVAN
2nd March 2010, 09:16 PM
Mods

Time to clean up these digressions pls

thanks

HonestRaj
2nd March 2010, 09:21 PM
Mods

thanks

enna dhideer gnanOdhayam :)

PARAMASHIVAN
2nd March 2010, 09:26 PM
Mods

thanks

Ungalaku parka ennaku 1000 gnanOdhayam iruku poi other threads la parunga verum tamil section la mathirum parkamal !

Nov or thiru

do the honours pls

HonestRaj
2nd March 2010, 09:53 PM
Mods

thanks

Ungalaku parka ennaku 1000 gnanOdhayam iruku poi other threads la parunga verum tamil section la mathirum parkamal !

Nov or thiru

do the honours pls

nan thamizhan.. nan thamizhan.. ayyo nan thamizhan :mrgreen:

PARAMASHIVAN
2nd March 2010, 10:01 PM
Mods

thanks

Nov or thiru

do the honours pls

sabba over VK oda terrorists padam poaartha ipadi thaan ahum :rotfl:

Nerd
2nd March 2010, 10:02 PM
Sabba.. niRuthungappaa.. mudila :cry:

PARAMASHIVAN
2nd March 2010, 10:17 PM
Sabba.. niRuthungappaa.. mudila :cry:

I did nerd, but he is carrying on.. any way I put a stop to it, I have pmd mods to remove the digressions

Movie Cop
3rd March 2010, 02:15 AM
Mano is much better than some nasal singers form bollywood..
:rotfl3:

Yaaru pa adhu Kumar Saanu thaanee? Aana oona "Hey hey"-nu paatu aarambika munaadi medhuva, mookuvazhiyA paaduvaaru! :rotfl:

Sorry for the digression - couldn't resist!

thamiz
3rd March 2010, 03:47 AM
MM kaaLi is leading. :D

Avadi to America
3rd March 2010, 04:25 AM
MM kaaLi is leading. :D

"OH KAALI KAALI KAALI ...." :notworthy:

PARAMASHIVAN
3rd March 2010, 03:36 PM
The fillm : Kazhugu

I really liked the film, kind of creepy those day..
especialy the jungle scenes .. all.. Rajni sir was awsome in that...

Avadi to America
3rd March 2010, 07:23 PM

ORU poovanathula songa was pretty good..... his smoking style is :clap: :notworthy:

PARAMASHIVAN
3rd March 2010, 08:04 PM

ORU poovanathula songa was pretty good..... his smoking style is :clap: :notworthy:

Oh yeah

I remember the song, who was the actress?? Radha?

Sanjeevi
3rd March 2010, 08:09 PM

Kazhugu is a good thriller and entertainer also with some fabulous IR song. My fav is Ponnovium and Kathal ezhum is very different song those time i think.

BTW the recent controversy about Kalki Ashramam reminded me the film Kazhugu.

PARAMASHIVAN
3rd March 2010, 08:28 PM
no body answred my kosteen

who has the heroine?

Did it have VAM in it ?

PARAMASHIVAN
3rd March 2010, 08:30 PM
Oh I remember it was the beautiful 'Rathi Agnihorthri '

Sanjeevi
3rd March 2010, 08:34 PM
yes she is Rathi

PARAMASHIVAN
3rd March 2010, 08:47 PM
was kazhugu a blockbuster like muratu kalai, billa or was it just 'Super hit'.

HonestRaj
3rd March 2010, 09:14 PM
Mods

thanks

Nov or thiru

do the honours pls

sabba over VK oda terrorists padam poaartha ipadi thaan ahum :rotfl:

thambi.. idhu

Chinnathambi --- 6 manikku mela velai seyya mattenu solra Gounder dialogue...

// appuyram nanum pesuvEn.. :twisted: naanellam oppurtunitykkaga kaathukittu irukkuravan :lol2:

PARAMASHIVAN
3rd March 2010, 09:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNfQrW5w0Qs&feature=PlayList&p=C1C52AE4A3589708&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=61

Look at SS dance in this :cool:

Miss those days :(

I want to see the film again...but extremley difficult to get it in UK :banghead:

PARAMASHIVAN
5th March 2010, 08:57 PM
'Un Kannil Neer Vazhindhal' how did this movie do in the box office, was any of the songs famous from this movie... I can't think of any song.. madhavi :lol2:

raghavendran
5th March 2010, 09:02 PM
always "en peru maanikkam...ennakku innoru per irukku..." from baasha

Avadi to America
5th March 2010, 09:03 PM
'Un Kannil Neer Vazhindhal' how did this movie do in the box office, was any of the songs famous from this movie... I can't think of any song.. madhavi :lol2:

"Malarey malrey ullasam" and "Kannil_Enna kaarkalam" are very popular song......

PARAMASHIVAN
5th March 2010, 09:07 PM

"Malarey malrey ullasam" and "Kannil_Enna kaarkalam" are very popular song......

the one by SJ amma ???

Avadi to America
5th March 2010, 09:11 PM

the one by SJ amma ???

YES.....

omega
5th March 2010, 10:00 PM

Enna Desamo (by KJY).
Songs were excellent.
Movie was a disaster........Madhavi was :slurp:

Nerd
5th March 2010, 10:04 PM
The film is famous(!) for YGM's lady getup and VKR(?) drooling over her. One of the worst attempts at comedy ever :banghead:

Thalaivar's looks :smokesmirk:

tamizharasan
5th March 2010, 10:09 PM
The film is famous(!) for YGM's lady getup and VKR(?) drooling over her. One of the worst attempts at comedy ever :banghead:

Most of the comedy attempts of YGM belong to that category anyway.

omega
6th March 2010, 12:32 AM
I still remember an article in ThinaThanthi about how disgraceful this movie was for TamilNadu Police & went on to say that how MGR's cop movies used to glorify their department blah blah!!!

Either way, it was poorly executed movie.
Cinematography was highlight of the movie (which was for any Balu's movie). I remember for whatever few stunts the movie had, RK's dupe had a bigger role even for riskless scenes (not sure if RK couldn't take part for some reason).

Plum
6th March 2010, 06:59 AM
Balu M was pissed off at TN police post Shoba's death and the implications of his hand and TN police's treatment of him at that time
He admitted that he made this movie fuelled by that anger, and that it wasnt such a smart move in retrospect.
IntentionalA paNNi irukkAr.

PARAMASHIVAN
8th March 2010, 03:48 PM

Enna Desamo (by KJY).
Songs were excellent.
Movie was a disaster........Madhavi was :slurp:

:exactly: :P

PARAMASHIVAN
8th March 2010, 03:49 PM

Most of the comedy attempts of YGM belong to that category anyway.

:exactly: i find him quite annoying :x

PARAMASHIVAN
8th March 2010, 03:50 PM
I still remember an article in ThinaThanthi about how disgraceful this movie was for TamilNadu Police & went on to say that how MGR's cop movies used to glorify their department blah blah!!!

Either way, it was poorly executed movie.
Cinematography was highlight of the movie (which was for any Balu's movie). I remember for whatever few stunts the movie had, RK's dupe had a bigger role even for riskless scenes (not sure if RK couldn't take part for some reason).

was the movie a flop then ? :huh:

PARAMASHIVAN
8th March 2010, 03:52 PM
I saw 'Ilamai oonjaladu kirathu' ... Nice movie, excellent songs by DR.IR and Dr.SPB's orE naal is seriously addictive!!! :notworthy:

Kamal Vs Rajni

Rajni simple steals the show, esp his dialogue delivery.... :notworthy:

chicklet :lol2:

PARAMASHIVAN
10th March 2010, 05:32 PM
Saw Ninaithale inikum

Rajni :notworthy: :notworthy:
Esp the comedy scenes and 'Toyota' car scene :rotfl:

MSV :notworthy: :notworthy:
excellent songs

SPB :notworthy: :notworthy:

Engeyum epOthum :notworthy: :notworthy:

ajithfederer
14th March 2010, 01:16 AM
Voted for Guru Sishyan - guru for the following reasons.

1. Its one of my fav rajini characters. The film is an alambal case. Total andhaar by rajini and prabu.

2. I have asked a lot of vv's to bay and nerd here in this section.

3. Used a lot of one liners in my life :rotfl:.

4. Surprised to see it at zero. So I opened the account.

5. My cousin also likes this film.

P.S: Parattai not making this list is a blunder.

groucho070
15th March 2010, 08:43 AM
Stan, we did a bit of nominating before settling for the roles above. See page 1, the entire list is there (thanks Nerd). :D

PARAMASHIVAN
15th March 2010, 04:18 PM
Parattai :notworthy:

I heard some where Sredvei really spat at SS in the climax scene :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Nerd
15th March 2010, 08:18 PM

1. Its one of my fav rajini characters. The film is an alambal case. Total andhaar by rajini and prabu.

3. Used a lot of one liners in my life :rotfl:.

4. Surprised to see it at zero. So I opened the account.

P.S: Parattai not making this list is a blunder.
:clap: enakku munnadiyE theriyum, Feddy will vote for this :P

P_R
15th March 2010, 08:20 PM

ennAdhu idhu !

tamizharasan
15th March 2010, 08:36 PM
I chose Mullum Malarum because it was great movie overall. The performance of Rajini in thalapathy is as good as his performance in Mullum Malarum. But Rajini's acting and IR's music were the only saving graces of otherwise a mediocre movie. Good to know that both performances are front-runners in the poll.

ajithfederer
15th March 2010, 10:52 PM
Some silly/billy reasons for liking this film ya!!

ennAdhu idhu !

Oh yes I missed that. I am saary.

Stan, we did a bit of nominating before settling for the roles above. See page 1, the entire list is there (thanks Nerd). Very Happy

PARAMASHIVAN
16th March 2010, 03:48 PM
there was film called 'Ayirum jenmangal or something, with SS? was that famous movie, i remember it being some 'ghost' type of movie

:shaking: :frightened:

PARAMASHIVAN
23rd March 2010, 06:42 PM
I saw 6 il irunthu 60 vathu varai... waat a pArformance by SS yaar... :notworthy:

Fatafat Jayalakshmi and SS made a good pair in those days... mullum malarum, 6 to 60.. are these the only movie they acted together???

raghavendran
23rd March 2010, 06:51 PM
all movies mentioned....but my all time fav movie...b-a-s-h-a-a...manickam/bashaa

PARAMASHIVAN
29th March 2010, 02:52 PM
I saw 'Un kannil neer vazhinthaal'... the only plus point of the movie is Madhavi, madhavi and madhavi... what a beauty yaah :P :P , killer eyes :notworthy: :P

Balu mahendra's camera work, locations were awsome... but where is the story....SS was wasted in this movie

YGM was pain...

Dr.IR music probably saved the movie... 'MalarE malRe ullasum' by SJ amma and @kannirendil kaarkalam' by Dr.SPB & SJ ama is seriously addictive not to mention Dr.IR's BGM :notworthy:

HonestRaj
29th March 2010, 06:12 PM
I saw 'Un kannil neer vazhinthaal'

This week's Ananda Vikatan says Ranjitha debuted with this film

PARAMASHIVAN
29th March 2010, 06:25 PM

which role??? i don't remember seeing this, the film was released in 1985

does that mean she is 45+ now :lol2:

HonestRaj
29th March 2010, 06:27 PM

might be a child artiste / < 15 yr old

PARAMASHIVAN
29th March 2010, 06:29 PM

might be a child artiste / < 15 yr old :? may b

cujoo
29th March 2010, 07:15 PM
I watched Rajathi Raja on Star Vijay yesterday. I love the scene where ratha comes to see him(He is nathiya lover) in the Jail. Specially after ratha said something and He goes mumble as "Ennanga". I :lol: .

PARAMASHIVAN
29th March 2010, 07:25 PM
I watched Rajathi Raja on Star Vijay yesterday. I love the scene where ratha comes to see him(He is nathiya lover) in the Jail. Specially after ratha said something and He goes mumble as "Ennanga". I :lol: .

SS in Rajathi Rajah was a laugh riot... not to mention other SS's hilarious encounters like 'Thambiku entha ooru', 'Guru shishyan' ,'raaja chinna roja '

Nerd
29th March 2010, 09:02 PM
தம்பிக்கு எந்த ஊரு? - Vikatan 43/100
சினிமா விமர்சனம்

ரஜினியின் நடிப்பு பரம சௌக்கியம்! கோடீஸ்வரரான தன் அப்பாவிடம் சவால் விட்டு விட்டுக் கிராமத்துக்குக் கிளம்பு வதில் ஆரம்பித்து, 'வணக்கம்' வரையில் கதையைத் தன் தோளில் சுமக்கிறார் அவர்.

முரட்டுச் சுபாவத்திலிருந்து தன்னை விடுவித்துக்கொள்ளவும், ஊர் உலகத்தை அறிந்துகொள்ள வும் கிராமத்தில் வந்து இறங்கும் ரஜினி, தான் 'குருகுலவாசம்' செய் யப்போகும் பட்டாளத்துக்கார ரிடம்தான் (செந்தாமரை) பேசிக் கொண்டிருக்கிறோம் என்பது தெரியாமல் அவரிடம் நக்கலா கக் கேள்விகள் கேட்குமிடத்தில் வித்தியாசப்படுகிறார்!

பட்டாளத்துக்காரர் வீட்டில் தனக்காக ஒதுக்கப்பட்டுள்ள எருமை மாட்டுத் தொழுவத்தில் ரஜினி நுழைவது இன்னொரு கலகல! செந்தாமரையின் மகள் சுலக்ஷணா கதவைத் திறந்துவிட, தொழுவத்திலிருந்து கன்றுகளும் கோழிகளும் விடுதலை பெற்று வெளியே வர, ''எல்லாம் ரொம்பப் பெரியவங்க. நமக்காக வீட்டையே காலி செய்து கொடுக்குதுங்க...'' என்று ரஜினி சொல்வதை ரசிக்காமல் இருக்க முடியவில்லை! அதே மாதிரி 'பாப்பா போட்ட தாப்பா' புத்தகத்தை இவர் மெய்ம் மறந்து படித்துக்கொண்டிருக் கையில், அறைக்குள் ஒரு பாம்பு நுழைந்து படமெடுக்க, வார்த்தை வராமல் ரஜினி அலறும்போது வாய்விட்டுச் சிரிக்காமல் இருக்க முடியவில்லை!

ரஜினிக்கு அடுத்தபடியாக அதிக வோட்டுக்களைப் பெறுகி றார் சுலக்ஷணா! கள்ளம் கபடில் லாத கிராமத்து இயல்போடு ரஜினியிடம் ஆரம்பத்தில் அவர் பழகுவதும், ஆயிரமாயிரம் ஆசை களை மனத்தில் தேக்கி வைத்துக் கொண்டு, பின்னால் அவை நிரா கரிக்கப்படும்போது பதற்றப்படா மல், ''நான் ஆசைப்பட்டது கிடைக் காட்டா அதுக்காக நான் போரா டறதில்லே; கிடைச்சது போதும்னு திருப்திப்பட்டுக்குவேன்...'' என்று சொல்லும்போதும் அமைதியான நடிப்பை அழகாகவே வெளிப்படுத்துகிறார் இவர்.

ரஜினி-சுலக்ஷணா கூட்ட ணியை எதிர்த்து தனித்துப் போட்டியிடும் மாதவிக்கு டெபாசிட் காலி! ஒருவேளை, தொகுதி - அதாவது ஏற்றிருக்கும் பாத்திரம் - சரியாக அமையவில்லையோ? கோயில் யானை தன்னை ஆசீர் வாதம் செய்யாவிட்டால் அப்பா வினுசக்கரவர்த்தியிடம் சொல்லி அதை விலைக்கு வாங்கிவிடுவா ராம். தன்னை 'இன்சல்ட்' செய்ப வர்களையெல்லாம் வீட்டுக்கு அழைத்து வந்து மொட்டையடித் துக் கொத்தடிமையாக்கிவிடு வாராம்! மாதவி ஏற்றுள்ள பாத்தி ரம் பணக்காரத்தனமாக இருக்க லாம்; ஆனால், எல்லாமே அர்த்த மற்ற அபத்தமாய் இருப்பதால் எரிச்சலே மிஞ்சுகிறது!

தன்னைத் திருத்திக்கொள்ள கிராமத்துக்கு வரும் ரஜினி, மாத வியைத் திருத்துவதிலேயே முழு நேரத்தைச் செலவிடுவதால், திரைக்கதை தடுமாறுகிறது!

காட்சியமைப்பும் சம்பந்தமில்லாமல் துண்டு துண்டாக ஒட்டப்பட்டிருப்பதால், கிளைமாக்ஸ்கூட 'புசுக்'கென்று முடிந்துவிடுகிறது! கண்ணை மூடித் திறப்பதற்குள், படத்தில் நடிக்கும் அத்தனை பேரும் ஒன்று சேர்ந்துவிடுவது 'சூ மந்திரக்காளி'

:clap: :clap: :clap: Definitely one of my favorite thalaivar films. Btw, no words about the music/songs :lol2:

PARAMASHIVAN
29th March 2010, 09:08 PM
'Thambiku entha ooru' : Madhavi :P madhavi :lol2: and madhavi :P

app_engine
29th March 2010, 09:20 PM
Btw, no words about the music/songs :lol2:

IR's domination was so complete and consistency was impeccable those days in TFM. That probably made the reviewers tired and they chose to simply not talk about music unless it was by someone else (like TR who was the lone opposer those days).

Definition for "taken for granted" :-) ('சூரியன் ரொம்ப வெளிச்சமாருந்துச்சு'ன்னு சொல்லாமலே தெரியுமுல்ல? :-) )

PARAMASHIVAN
31st March 2010, 09:40 PM
I think '6 il irunthu 60 vathu varai' should be added in the poll..

Mods could you please add this to the poll

thanks

tvsankar
31st March 2010, 09:44 PM
Polladhavan - indha padam, Rajini patri solliyacha..........

PARAMASHIVAN
31st March 2010, 09:49 PM
Polladhavan - indha padam, Rajini patri solliyacha..........

Yes, I liked polladhavan, but I liked kazhugu much more :P

tvsankar
31st March 2010, 09:51 PM
Polladhavan

Image edhuvum varadha, anal,

thannoda style ai kaatiya Rajini.........

Sarna
4th April 2010, 06:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XuXIU9EKL8&feature=related

thimiru, kozhuppu, egaththaalam, sandiththanam, nakkalu, nayyaandi , style'u .... chance'e illa :clap: :clap:

Vivasaayi
4th April 2010, 06:34 PM
what was the tiff between vikatan and IR?

Nayagan review also looked like theyve got something against IR

PARAMASHIVAN
6th April 2010, 07:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XuXIU9EKL8&feature=related

thimiru, kozhuppu, egaththaalam, sandiththanam, nakkalu, nayyaandi , style'u .... chance'e illa :clap: :clap:

:notworthy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-PFMnOlTzw

ithu epadi iruku :P

PARAMASHIVAN
8th April 2010, 07:56 PM
What went wrong with 'Naatokru nallavan'???
I heard the film was an utter flop for Rajni standards :think:

Though I can hardly remember the Film, it had some good songs :), not to mention 'Juhi' :lol2: :lol2:

mgb
8th April 2010, 11:49 PM
nerd.. first page'la irukkara stills'la, Thillu mullu caption'la irukkaradhu Johnny still and 16 vayadhinile caption'la irukkaradhu bairavi still

Nerd
9th April 2010, 12:40 AM
nerd.. first page'la irukkara stills'la, Thillu mullu caption'la irukkaradhu Johnny still and 16 vayadhinile caption'la irukkaradhu bairavi still
I did not add them and I noticed this a few months back too. But wording mukkiyam illai, performance dhaan :-)

mgb
9th April 2010, 12:59 AM
I did not add them and I noticed this a few months back too. But wording mukkiyam illai, performance dhaan :-)adhu sari :P
you know what.. when i was a kid, triplicane ragavendra temple'ku poyirundhen and i saw thalaivar in meditation.. appo he was a villain character.. so enakku kitta pogave bayam.. he came in a jet black full sleeve shirt and black jeans vera.. kannu muzhichu he smiled appavum bayandhuttu kitta pogala.. that was the impact his performance had on me :thumbsup: then he left in a self driven fiat car :P

Nerd
9th April 2010, 01:26 AM
that was the impact his performance had on me :thumbsup:
:clap: :thumbsup:

cepark
9th April 2010, 01:55 AM

ungaa dp MAAPILAI paduthu laa amala rajini mookumelaa kai vechuu police kitta maati koduthudu vaanga antha pic thaana.

mgb
9th April 2010, 01:58 AM

ungaa dp MAAPILAI paduthu laa amala rajini mookumelaa kai vechuu police kitta maati koduthudu vaanga antha pic thaana.aamanga.. "en mooku mela verala vechutta nee" fame stillthan :P

PARAMASHIVAN
9th April 2010, 02:31 PM
no one answered my kosteen about 'Nallavanuku nallavan' :rant:

Plum
9th April 2010, 02:49 PM
It had Kannada Ravichandran in it. idhukku mEla enna explanation ?

PARAMASHIVAN
9th April 2010, 02:54 PM
It had Kannada Ravichandran in it. idhukku mEla enna explanation ?

yaar antha uncle ??

Nerd
9th April 2010, 07:53 PM
adhu nAttukkoru nallavan dhaanE. Padaththai oru dhadavai full-A paarunga. appO puriyum.

PARAMASHIVAN
9th April 2010, 08:08 PM
adhu nAttukkoru nallavan dhaanE. Padaththai oru dhadavai full-A paarunga. appO puriyum.
yaa I meant nAttukkoru nallavan , hmm i remember few scenes only... I think it is do with kidnaping kds and removing their organs and selling them :twisted: or some thing like that right ? :roll:

PARAMASHIVAN
12th April 2010, 05:47 PM
I have seen Shiva again,,... Shobana waat eh beauty :notworthy: ,.. why didn't she make it big in tamil cinema :huh:

Raghuvaran :(

groucho070
19th April 2010, 08:02 AM
Polladhavan (1980).

Plot holes as big as Rajini's bellbottoms. Like, where was the Letchumi's nephew when the murder took place? This and many question that should not bother you.

It's a wonder how film watching experience changes with the company you keep, in this case my wife who is a big fan of Rajini's comedy.

Yes, believe it or not, the film has its rib-tickling moments, namely the flashback with Sri Priya. Rajini pretending to be injured and getting Sri Priya to nurse him back had some really hilarious moments.

Then, the serious side of course, when Letchumi confronts Rajini and tries to either run away or complain to the police. Nice cat and mouse game, with Rajini nicely showing off dark side. Speaking of police, there could have been passing of baton thing between V. Gopalakrishnan to Delhi Ganesh to play the stereotype cop, luckily DG became a better actor.

Speaking of V. Gopalakrishnan, his reasoning behind the accusation that Letchumi was the killer could have made Sherlock HOlmes turn in his grave, if at all he was real.

All in all, it's Rajini's showcase. Beginning as a real menace, a taunt, an animalistic being, he later starts to show his more human side, but not without the heavy dose of "style", those trademark speedy walk, gestures, and red-tinted sunglass even inside the house at night :lol:.

Can anyone confirm whether this is a remake? I have a feeling it is. Other than that, if this film was done ten years earlier, it would have been easily a NT film, coz Mukta Sreenivasan, the director, was making this sort of film with NT.

Conclusion: After revisits, this thirty year old film still works albeit some stupid moments.

groucho070
19th April 2010, 08:08 AM
Forgot to mention. All the songs rock. Atho Varandi, Chinna Kanne, Nane Endrum Raja and of course, the song that seemed to talk about both Kannadhasan and Rajini - Naan Polladhavan!

MSV :notworthy:

PARAMASHIVAN
19th April 2010, 02:43 PM
Forgot to mention. All the songs rock. Atho Varandi, Chinna Kanne, Nane Endrum Raja and of course, the song that seemed to talk about both Kannadhasan and Rajini - Naan Polladhavan!
MSV :notworthy:

Yes SPB Sir, Rajni sir and MSV sir rocked in this song... :2thumbsup:

app_engine
19th April 2010, 05:38 PM
If there's a possibility to revert the voting, I would like to take out mine to dhaLapathi and re-vote to MM :-)

Watched MM only recently and was stunned!

PARAMASHIVAN
19th April 2010, 05:52 PM
If there's a possibility to revert the voting, I would like to take out mine to dhaLapathi and re-vote to MM :-)

Watched MM only recently and was stunned!

yes , SS dominated the entire film, i loved that bit when he gets drunk and confronts that nathaswara group... i saw that bit in you tube long time, cant find it now, if you do find it pls post it here :P

HonestRaj
19th April 2010, 10:24 PM
yesterday watched this :smokesmirk: scene from Annamalai...

- Vetri Nitchayam song ends
- Rajini becomes president for some association supported by an awesome bgm by thenisai thenral :clap: :clap:
- The next scene... Sarathbabu comes down thru the escalator & Rajini goes up.. in the background most remembered dialogue of the film... once it ends.. they show just the hand of Rajini .. sodukku pOttu calls sarathbabu ... no lengthy dialogue.. just 2 words.. enough to show the power of the characted.. "malai da.. annamalai" :notworthy: :notworthy:

one of my most fav Rajini film.. a complete film for him.. acting, style, comedy, romance, sentiment :clap: :clap:

groucho070
20th April 2010, 06:58 AM
There's something about Sarathbabu and the whole staircase/escalator/ascending/descending thing going on in Rajini's films.

Take Muthu, he is first scene coming down the staircase. HR just mentioned the escalator thing in Annamalai, then in Velaikkaran, we again see him coming down the stairs (or is it lift?).

Then, recently when I revisited Mullum Malarum, guess what? Remember the trolley scene where Rajini first realises Sarath Babhu is his boss and he had to ask the folks to get off the trolley, and send his boss down the hill? Yeah, the trolley stops (deliberately) and Sarath has to walk down the hill. Interesting, I must say :D

PARAMASHIVAN
20th April 2010, 02:38 PM
This Sarathbabu is a pain to watch, plain face no expression, can't act.. what was the big deal about him?? he alsmost starred in most of SS films :oops:

he was OK in Salangai Oli, but the rest is highly irritating :x

PARAMASHIVAN
20th April 2010, 02:40 PM
I think SS's netrikann deserves more credit than it had those days.. Father Rajni :notworthy: :notworthy:

Nerd
20th April 2010, 08:54 PM
- Vetri Nitchayam song ends
- Rajini becomes president for some association supported by an awesome bgm by thenisai thenral :clap: :clap:
- The next scene... Sarathbabu comes down thru the escalator & Rajini goes up.. in the background most remembered dialogue of the film... once it ends.. they show just the hand of Rajini .. sodukku pOttu calls sarathbabu ... no lengthy dialogue.. just 2 words.. enough to show the power of the characted.. "malai da.. annamalai" :notworthy: :notworthy:

My favorite scene and one of my most favorite songs. Suresh Krissna and Deva/SPB :clap:

m_23_bayarea
20th April 2010, 09:52 PM

Watching this scene in a packed Albert theatre is one of my favorite moments in a movie theatre of all time! I don't even have words to explain the euphoria. You guys can relate to it! :smokesmirk:

Avadi to America
20th April 2010, 10:25 PM
Annamalai made me a hard core thalivar fan.... i remeber the movie watching in Avadi meentchi theatre around 80th day with packed house and standing all the time near the door....Autola padathoda reela ambattur rakkikum avadi meenatchikum maathi maathi oottintu irunthanunga..... :clap:

padam mudinchu veliya vanthapothu... apadiey manthirichu vitta mathiri oru feeling.... athukuappuram ethuvaraikum oru padam kuda enna antha alavuku pathikala.... :smokesmile: :smokesmirk:

hamid
20th April 2010, 10:34 PM
for me the most fav scene is
"intha naal.. un diaryyila kurichi vaichukku.. innaiyila irunthu unakku azivu aarambamaakiduchu... nee eppadi en veetta idichi en kudumbatha nadutheruruvukku etc..... thodai thatti itha mudikkira vitham :notworthy:

and the vetri nichayam song.. :awesome:

this movie is full of roller coaster.. We went as a group to see this movie in Maris complex trichy .. later every one realised/believed we cant get tickets and moved to a diff movie. only 3 of us decided to stand in the queue for long and finally got the tickets.. the experience and the enthusiasm of the crowd cant be explained.. it needs to be experienced..

the vinu chakaravarthy episode seemed to be a mini movie within the movie... and the dialaks "medaikku meda Anna, kaamarajar MGR pathi pesuriinga.. antha 2 nimishamaavathu avanga panna ninaichu paarunga..."

"sambaathikka aayiram vazhi irukku.. athukku intha punithamaana arasiyala bayan paduthaathiiiga"

"paal kaaran podurathu paal kanakku....."

ete etc.. almost all the dialaks in the movie are :clap: :thumbsup:

Avadi to America
21st April 2010, 12:36 AM
anybody knows who is the dialogue writer of the movie?

omega
21st April 2010, 12:42 AM

I think it was the director himself (Suresh Krishna)

Nerd
21st April 2010, 12:51 AM

No. It was by one Shanmuga Sundaram, don't know who that is.

groucho070
21st April 2010, 10:37 AM

No. It was by one Shanmuga Sundaram, don't know who that is. :shock: could it be Shanmuga "akkaaa" Sundaram? :?

kid-glove
21st April 2010, 11:51 AM
There's something about Sarathbabu and the whole staircase/escalator/ascending/descending thing going on in Rajini's films.

Take Muthu, he is first scene coming down the staircase. HR just mentioned the escalator thing in Annamalai, then in Velaikkaran, we again see him coming down the stairs (or is it lift?).

Then, recently when I revisited Mullum Malarum, guess what? Remember the trolley scene where Rajini first realises Sarath Babhu is his boss and he had to ask the folks to get off the trolley, and send his boss down the hill? Yeah, the trolley stops (deliberately) and Sarath has to walk down the hill. Interesting, I must say :D

:thumbsup:

Plum
21st April 2010, 11:54 AM
grouch, or could it be that Rajni film directors are good at recycling? :-)

groucho070
21st April 2010, 02:31 PM
grouch, or could it be that Rajni film directors are good at recycling? :-)Appadina "Sarath Babu descending blue-screened thingy" stock footage onnu munnaleye shoot pannirukkalame? Cost saving.

PARAMASHIVAN
21st April 2010, 02:39 PM
I re visited Shiva again

That leopard fight scene, was it real, I mean I saw the leopard running around the crowd, was it real?, wasn't it deadly??

SS through out the film was hilarious :notworthy:, esp the fight scenes and scenes with beauty shobana :P

Ada mapilai by SPB was just awsome, and SS's way of acting highly hilarious :rotfl:

Adi vanmathi, iru vizhiyum by SPB ji :notworthy: bought back all the memories.. Highly miss those days :(

Janakarajk was quite funny too.. But I feel the 'Great' raghuvaran was wasted :x

groucho070
21st April 2010, 02:45 PM
Janakarajk was quite funny too.. But I feel the 'Great' raghuvaran was wasted :xNotice the bad guy never gets caught or anything at the climax? Anybody knows what happened to Radha Ravi at the end?

PARAMASHIVAN
21st April 2010, 02:50 PM
Janakarajk was quite funny too.. But I feel the 'Great' raghuvaran was wasted :xNotice the bad guy never gets caught or anything at the climax? Anybody knows what happened to Radha Ravi at the end?

Kud kosteen, I forgot that bit, Was he not arrested and put back in jail? 8-) The film ended with Raghu & SS being united with their mum :roll:

groucho070
21st April 2010, 02:55 PM
That's it. After some mega dishyum disyum Siva and John gets reunited with mom, they are happy, the girl was happy, the producer was happy, the director was happy, the audience were happy. everyone goes home happily except Grouch :evil: what happened to the main bad guy?

PARAMASHIVAN
21st April 2010, 02:57 PM
That's it. After some mega dishyum disyum Siva and John gets reunited with mom, they are happy, the girl was happy, the producer was happy, the director was happy, the audience were happy. everyone goes home happily except Grouch :evil: what happened to the main bad guy?

:rotfl:

Perhaps Nerd ji can answer this

Plum
21st April 2010, 03:01 PM
grouch,
1. Siva was a flop so I doubt if anyone else sat through till the end to ask this question - till now
As the great man would say "idhu varaikkum indiavilEyE, En indha WorldlEyE yaarukkumE varAdha sandhEgam unakku vandhirukku"
2. If I remember right, the project was sandwiched between other mega projects for Rajni; towards the release, there were delays, difficulties for Kavithalaya in completing/releasing the movie etc. The shooting might have been stop-start, and I guess everyone concerned lost interest at some point.

groucho070
21st April 2010, 03:05 PM
:lol: on Annan reference, Plum. Thanks for the info. I have a soft spot for the movie myself, it came out around the time I started liking Rajini. The songs are awesome!

PARAMASHIVAN
21st April 2010, 03:09 PM
:lol: on Annan reference, Plum. Thanks for the info. I have a soft spot for the movie myself, it came out around the time I started liking Rajini. The songs are awesome!

Ji Huh , esp Adi vanthmathi by the 'greatest SPB j' :notworthy:

Plum,

I thought the ONLY flops of Rajni were

1) Sri Raghavendra
2) Nattuku oru nallavan
3) Kodi parakuthu
4) Un kaNil neer vazhinthaal

:huh: :roll:

PARAMASHIVAN
21st April 2010, 03:10 PM
yEn jaay guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3Imd0tJkcs

omega
21st April 2010, 03:54 PM

Plum,

1) Sri Raghavendra
2) Nattuku oru nallavan
3) Kodi parakuthu

Are you kidding? The list is bigger.

Viduthalai
Adhisayapiravi
Pandian
Uzhaippaali
Baba (how could you even forget this)
Kuselan

There are few others, but these are the obvious.

Avadi to America
21st April 2010, 06:09 PM

Siva movie songa were very popular at the time.....I still remeber the song "ada mappilai" was played in weddings....the movie got released amidst heavy rain in chennai... i am not sure other part of tamil nadu. theatre near poovirunthavalli (karaynachavadi "bagavadi") just imploded due to Heavy rain and huge crowd in theatres during opening days. few people even died and couple of my childhood friends severly injured.... :banghead:

PARAMASHIVAN
21st April 2010, 06:44 PM

Plum,

1) Sri Raghavendra
2) Nattuku oru nallavan
3) Kodi parakuthu

Viduthalai
Adhisayapiravi
Pandian
Uzhaippaali
Kuselan

I know pandiyan was a flop, kuselan is not 'Exactly' rajni movie is it, the blame goes to 'our' oscar award ace director P vasooo :banghead:

I didn't know viduthalai was flop, but madhavi :P :lol2:

mexicomeat
21st April 2010, 08:21 PM
oor kavalan was a flop too?

Sarna
21st April 2010, 08:25 PM

Viduthalai
Adhisayapiravi
Pandian
Uzhaippaali
Kuselan

Adhisaya piravi flop'aa :shock: rasana ketta mummy-daddy's :twisted:

BABA - Rajini Market level'ku venum'na BABA'va flop'nu sollalaam

PARAMASHIVAN
21st April 2010, 08:30 PM
wasn't adhisaya piravi dubbed in Hindi???

Nerd
21st April 2010, 08:42 PM
ennadhu uzhaippaaLi in this list? UzhaippaaLi is certainly an average-above average film. Seen 100 day shield in albert. 86 days in Trichy etc.

m_23_bayarea
21st April 2010, 08:49 PM

Plum,

1) Sri Raghavendra
2) Nattuku oru nallavan
3) Kodi parakuthu

Come on, he's had flops throughout his career! Not to mention his success rate is way above his failure rate... 8-) 8-)

HonestRaj
21st April 2010, 11:23 PM

I still believe KSR recycled Annamalai for Padayappa

Avadi to America
22nd April 2010, 12:26 AM

I still believe KSR recycled Annamalai for Padayappa

Enna panrathu, a recycled story works big time only with thalivar... :lol:

PARAMASHIVAN
22nd April 2010, 02:24 PM
Bay

Pls list all the flops of SS out of his 150 odd movies...

BM
22nd April 2010, 02:34 PM

Movie nalla irukkum, don't know why it was flop. But songs were super hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWWGxChqFdc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0rMRm5VI24

PARAMASHIVAN
22nd April 2010, 02:42 PM

oh Kanaga vaa, :D

I saw a hindi movie similar to this , it had SS, Sridevi and Amir khan :confused2: can some one pls verify this ? :roll:

m_23_bayarea
22nd April 2010, 05:34 PM
Bay

Not sure! But this list should give you an idea at least... :P

http://rajinifans.com/boxoffice/

PARAMASHIVAN
22nd April 2010, 05:40 PM
Bay

Not sure! But this list should give you an idea at least... :P

http://rajinifans.com/boxoffice/

Bay, according to the list

Kazhugu was a flop :roll: :? , I really liked the film, kind of spoof story, Rati aknihortri :P :P

HonestRaj
22nd April 2010, 07:36 PM
P vasu directed Rajini in 5 films..

Panakkaran
Mannan
UzhaippaLi
Chandramuki
Kuselan

will he come next to SPM, KB in terms of no. of films with Rajini?

PARAMASHIVAN
22nd April 2010, 08:48 PM
P vasu directed Rajini in 5 films..

Panakkaran
Mannan
UzhaippaLi
Chandramuki
Kuselan

will he come next to SPM, KB in terms of no. of films with Rajini?

I think Kuselan was the flop of the above, CM, Mannan being blockbusters and panakkaran and uzhaippali being super hits

m_23_bayarea
22nd April 2010, 08:50 PM
I think Kuselan was the flop of the above, CM, Mannan being blockbusters and panakkaran and uzhaippali being super hits

Panakkaran was a blockbuster of that time by all means! Uzhaipaali was so-so.

omega
22nd April 2010, 09:46 PM

:exactly:

PARAMASHIVAN
24th April 2010, 03:56 PM

will be re visting 'Un kannil neer vadinthal' today not for SS :lol: but for Madhavi :wink: :P :lol2:

mgb
25th April 2010, 02:36 PM
Saw thappu thalangal once again recently.. rowdy vesham amsama porundhudhu thalaivarukku :P

last but one reel'la, police will encircle him, just before they lay hand on him, he will raise his hands to mean 'just wait'.. then he will get up and walk with them.. no dialouge but enough body language to portray a hardened rowdy role :thumbsup:

PARAMASHIVAN
26th April 2010, 02:36 PM
Saw thappu thalangal once again recently.. rowdy vesham amsama porundhudhu thalaivarukku :P

last but one reel'la, police will encircle him, just before they lay hand on him, he will raise his hands to mean 'just wait'.. then he will get up and walk with them.. no dialouge but enough body language to portray a hardened rowdy role :thumbsup:

Ganesh na

was this BW film? :roll:

groucho070
27th April 2010, 02:35 PM
was this BW film? :roll:Yes, probably the last B&W film by KB. This and Mullum Malarum constantly replace each other as my number one Rajini film :D

PARAMASHIVAN
27th April 2010, 02:39 PM
was this BW film? :roll:Yes, probably the last B&W film by KB. This and Mullum Malarum constantly replace each other as my number one Rajini film :D

Can you please tell me a the brief story of this film and co actors actresses name, did kamal do a guest role in this ?

groucho070
27th April 2010, 02:58 PM
[tscii:07eae0ba7d]
I have been pracharam-ising this movie for years. About 15 years ago, suddenly a theatre decided to re-release old films, among them was Adimai Penn and Tappu Thalanggal (the others did not interest us at that time).

In retrospect, I am thinking what the theatre owner was smoking when he decided to re-release a totally unmarketable film like TT. But boy, am I grateful for that dastardly deed!

I watched it with my brother. And both of us came back, speechless…remember this was the time when film industry has totally changed.

TT is a crude, in your face, love it or hate it type of film. KB must have some leftover money in his Murukku jar and decided lets just use it to film something cheap using a brilliant script and came up with TT.

The cameraman must have had bad back after shooting this because it is clearly not a normal flexi-cam, but just normal cam forced to be flexi. Jerky, uneven, and sometimes a bit out of focus, it did convery a reality that we don’t want to see. But we are forced to be there, with those low-lives and their lives.

When some actress is praised for being daring to play a prostitute, especially those looking like Miss World contenders, I scoff at them. They should first watch this film and decided that it is best that they pursue a career that requires more glamourous version of selling skin. Saritha in her debut does a great job. She is believable as a low class prostitute.

And Rajini! Crass, brutish, and unpredictable, and with a dose of humour that make you feel guilty even laughing about it, he comes off perfectly well as a low-life goon for hire. Ranks alongside Mullum Malarum as his best performance eve, his effortless performance should be a text book lesson.

And of course, Kamal makes two hilarious appearance and lightens down the situation. (I hear he insisted that he want to be in it).

Many has forgotten this film, including some of the newer Rajini film who probably never heard of it. Its time to remind them. Its also time to remind Rajini about his lost talent. [/tscii:07eae0ba7d]

viraajan
27th April 2010, 03:06 PM
Watched first 30 minutes of baasha!

Thalaivar rocked :happydance:

The way thalaivar says 'indian aachE' to Nagma :smokesmirk: Enna oru expression! :bow:

PARAMASHIVAN
27th April 2010, 03:10 PM
[tscii:3f2064601f]
I have been pracharam-ising this movie for years. About 15 years ago, suddenly a theatre decided to re-release old films, among them was Adimai Penn and Tappu Thalanggal (the others did not interest us at that time).

In retrospect, I am thinking what the theatre owner was smoking when he decided to re-release a totally unmarketable film like TT. But boy, am I grateful for that dastardly deed!

I watched it with my brother. And both of us came back, speechless…remember this was the time when film industry has totally changed.

TT is a crude, in your face, love it or hate it type of film. KB must have some leftover money in his Murukku jar and decided lets just use it to film something cheap using a brilliant script and came up with TT.

The cameraman must have had bad back after shooting this because it is clearly not a normal flexi-cam, but just normal cam forced to be flexi. Jerky, uneven, and sometimes a bit out of focus, it did convery a reality that we don’t want to see. But we are forced to be there, with those low-lives and their lives.

When some actress is praised for being daring to play a prostitute, especially those looking like Miss World contenders, I scoff at them. They should first watch this film and decided that it is best that they pursue a career that requires more glamourous version of selling skin. Saritha in her debut does a great job. She is believable as a low class prostitute.

And Rajini! Crass, brutish, and unpredictable, and with a dose of humour that make you feel guilty even laughing about it, he comes off perfectly well as a low-life goon for hire. Ranks alongside Mullum Malarum as his best performance eve, his effortless performance should be a text book lesson.

And of course, Kamal makes two hilarious appearance and lightens down the situation. (I hear he insisted that he want to be in it).

Many has forgotten this film, including some of the newer Rajini film who probably never heard of it. Its time to remind them. Its also time to remind Rajini about his lost talent. [/tscii:3f2064601f]

Just love the Brutal Rajni more than the hero rajni, awsome talent indeed, sadly many directors failed to utilise SS's 'great' talent!

PARAMASHIVAN
27th April 2010, 03:12 PM
Watched first 30 minutes of baasha!

Thalaivar rocked :happydance:

The way thalaivar says 'indian aachE' to Nagma :smokesmirk: Enna oru expression! :bow:

My fav scenes from baasha are Confrontaions with Raghuvaran, the 'ullE pO' scene and College admission scene :notworthy:

PARAMASHIVAN
28th April 2010, 04:09 PM
Thappu Thalangal ie. "Wrong Notes", is a Tamil film, directed by K.Balachander & produced by R.Venkataraman. It was dubbed in Kannada as well, and released as Thappida Thaala.[1]

Contents [hide]
1 Plot
2 Soundtrack
3 References
4 External links

[edit] Plot
It features Rajanikanth as Devu, a local thug whose weapon of choice is a bicycle chain he sports casually around the neck. Devu charges Rs.30 to slice a finger, Rs.300 to chop a hand, Rs.3000 for the leg, and ten times as much to dispose off the whole body. On one of his nightly rounds, Devu is pursued by a cop and seeks refuge at a whorehouse run by a hooker Sarasu, played to perfection by Saritha. Despite her vehement protests, he stays put and leaves only at daybreak, but her persistent cough stays with him. At a theatre, Devu watches an advertisement for Glycodin Cough Syrup and proceeds to buy her a bottle. Devu and Sarasu bond over the cough syrup and philosophize late into the night, exchanging notes on their immoral lifestyles.

Devu's assault on a trade union leader delivering medicine to a critically ill worker leads to a mishap. Watching the wailings of the widow of the worker, Devu is traumatized and breaks down at Sarasu's place. In an inspired moment, he suggests they remap their lives and chart a moral course. Sarasu is attracted by the notion of giving up prostitution and leading a normal life as Devu's wife, though she wonders if they'll be able to pull it off. The couple go to great lengths to secure a job for Devu and lead a normal life, but there are too many skeletons in the closet. Devu is no longer feared for his might, and Sarasu's past clientele continue to haunt the joint. Sarasu gets a loan for Devu from his evil brother Soma, who continues to harass her on that pretext. In a particularly traumatic sequence of events, Sarasu is raped by Soma as a helpless Devu watches, pinned down by Soma's henchmen. The couple resolve to repay Soma's loan, and Devu undertakes a botched robbery attempt. Devu is imprisoned and in his absence, Sarasu has an abortion. The couple's plans for normality never attain fruition. The inevitable return to lives of vice is especially tragic and heartbreaking.

Balachander excels at the verite portrayal of the daily drama in the lives of pimps, hookers, and their varied clientele, as well as the politicians who hire thugs like Devu to achieve their aims through violence. Devu's inherent goodness is contrasted with his "evil twin", a stepbrother Soma who thwarts his every attempt at morality and finally succumbs at Devu's hands. Kamalhaasan has an interesting cameo as a Hindi speaking client of Sarasu. Balachander skewers middle-class morality and takes potshots at the hypocrisy of do-gooders. In the final analysis, the film is an indictment of society at large, for not allowing lesser mortals to rejoin society and return to a life of normality.

KamalHassan has done a guest appearance in this movie.

source: wikkie

Sanjeevi
11th May 2010, 12:45 AM

ellathaiyum vida inthe video hitooo hittu with more than 1.5 crore views in youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx-NLPH8JeM&feature=player_embedded

Nerd
16th May 2010, 12:57 AM
முரட்டு காளை - விகடன் விமர்சனம்

கதைக்கும், திரைக்கதைக்கும் தனியாகக் கவனம் செலுத்தவில்லை. பழைய மசாலாவையே புதிய கலவையாக்கிக் கொடுத்திருக்கிறார்கள்!

படத்தில் வரும் சண்டைக் காட்சிகள் ஒவ்வொன்றும் தூள் பறக்கிறது. குறிப்பாக, எக்ஸ்பிரஸ் வேகத்தில் ஓடும் கூட்ஸ் வண்டிச் சண்டையைக் காணத் தவறாதீர்கள்! உயிரைப் பணயம் வைத்து இந்தக் காட்சியைப் படமாக்கியி ருக்கிறார்கள். இந்தக் காட்சியோடு க்ளைமாக்ஸை இணைத்துப் படத்தை முடித்திருந்தால் நிறைவு ஏற்பட்டிருக்கும். இடையில் வரும் ரஜினியின் மாறுவேட 'நாட்டிய நாடகம்' பொறுமையை எல்லை மீறச் செய்வதால், பின்னால் வரும் ஜெய் - ரஜினி சண்டை அற்புதமாகப் படமாக்கப்பட்டிருப்பினும் சலிப்புத் தட்டுகிறது.

சின்ன வயசில் பண்ணையா ரிடம் சேர்ந்து, அவர் உப்பில் வளர்ந்து, அவரிடமே காரியஸ்த னாக உயர்ந்துள்ள சாமிப்பிள்ளையின் பாத்திரத்தை படத்தில் முழு நேர வில்லனாகச் சித்திரித்திருப்பது - கொக்கு தலையில் வெண்ணெய் இல்லை; ஒரு பசு மாட்டையே தூக்கி நிற்க வைத்திருக்கிறார்கள்!

சுமலதா, காட்டில் பாடிக் கொண்டு வர, உடனே அதை ரஜினி புரிந்துகொள்வதைப் பார்க்கும்போது, இந்தப் பாடல் ஏற்கெனவே கதையில் பாடப்பட்டிருக்கவேண்டுமே என்று தோன்றுகிறது! இல்லையென்றால், சுமலதா ரஜினியைத் தேடிக் கொண்டு வரும்போது, இந்தக் காதல் ரசம் ததும்பும் பாடல் எங்கிருந்து வந்தது?

'டூப்' விடாமல் நிஜமான போலீஸ்காரர்கள் இருவரைப் பண்ணையாரின் கையாட்க ளாகக் காட்டி, போலீஸிலும் தவறு செய்பவர்கள் இருக்கிறார் கள் என்பதைத் துணிவோடு காட்டியிருப்பது புதுமை!

மாட்டுச் சண்டையில் கூடவா ரஜினியின் கராத்தே ஸ்டைல்? தன்னைப் பார்த்துவிட்டுக் காளைமாடும் தன் முன்னங்கால்களைத் தூக்கி குங்ஃபூ போஸ் கொடுக்கும் என்று எதிர்பார்க்கிறாரா? போகிறபோக்கில், கோவிலுக்குச் சென்று சுவாமியை வணங்குவதுபோல் படமெடுத்தால்கூட, கராத்தே ஸ்டைலில் நான்கு தடவை கையை சுற்றிவிட்டுத்தான் ரஜினி, கடவுளுக்கே வணக்கம் தெரிவிப்பார் போலிருக்கிறது!

என்னதான் மசாலா படம் என்றாலும், எவ்வளவுதான் விறு விறுப்பு அதிகமாக இருந்தாலும், அடுத்து வரும் காட்சியை முன் கூட்டியே சொல்லிவிடக்கூடிய அளவுக்கு மெலிதான திரைக்கதை. படம் பார்ப்பவர்களிடம் இன்று ரசிகத்தன்மை ஏகமாக வளர்ந்தி ருக்கிறது. இருந்தாலும், 'ஜனரஞ்சகமாகத் தயாரிக்கப்பட்ட பொழுதுபோக்குப் படம்' என்ற ஒப்புதல் வாக்குமூலத்தைப் புரிந்து கொண்டு ரசிகர்கள் மன்னிக்கவும், ரசிக்கவும் தயாராக இருக்கிறார்கள்.

Marks - 40-45. Tasteless comment regarding Rajini. And idhukkum mouna raagathukkum orE mark :lol:

thamiz
16th May 2010, 01:15 AM
Is there any Rajni movie or acting appreciated by vikatan-vivashthaiketta-kuzhu?

May be Engeyo Ketta kural? (50plus marks?)

tamizharasan
16th May 2010, 01:55 AM
Is there any Rajni movie or acting appreciated by vikatan-vivashthaiketta-kuzhu?

engeyo ketta kural 52/100 mullum malarum 61/100
raghavendrar 50/100 these are all the movies that i can immediately think of rajini as solo hero, which got more than 50 marks.

lord_labakudoss
16th May 2010, 07:57 PM

raghavendrar 50/100 these are all the movies that i can immediately think of rajini as solo hero, which got more than 50 marks.
I've heard that they praised Rajini's acting in 'Aarilinthu arupathu varai' as well, but havent read the review myself personally...
-LL

thamiz
16th May 2010, 10:14 PM

Unfortunately, during dalapathy release they changed to # of * system and it earned ****! :)

I wish I can read the review of MM and see how good it really is.

thamiz
16th May 2010, 10:18 PM
found it! :)

http://rajinifans.com/review/mullum.php

mgb
17th May 2010, 02:21 PM
Saw 'avargal' yesterday (earlier i have seen the film in doordarshan some 20 or so years back).. What a performance :thumbsup: loved his expression when he crunches the apple (after sujatha starts showing her dissent) and when he says "good shot" to ravikumar :thumbsup:

PARAMASHIVAN
17th May 2010, 02:24 PM
Saw 'avargal' yesterday (earlier i have seen the film in doordarshan some 20 or so years back).. What a performance :thumbsup: loved his expression when he crunches the apple (after sujatha starts showing her dissent) and when he says "good shot" to ravikumar :thumbsup:

Rajni sir as a sadist at his best, awsome performance would love to see him do more negative roles :P

PARAMASHIVAN
17th May 2010, 02:27 PM

what was their rating for 6 il irunthui 60 vathu varai :roll:

tamizharasan
17th May 2010, 07:19 PM

what was there rating for 6 il irunthui 60 vathu varai :roll:
I don't know but I will try to find out.

Nerd
17th May 2010, 07:45 PM
My favoritest villain performance. Have uploaded two of my favorite scenes in youtube.

http://mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=1872517#1872517

Nerd
18th May 2010, 08:24 PM
Parts of Velaikkaran last night. Just like padikkadhavan another fantastic entertainer with a right mix of action-comedy-sentiments. Pallavi portion was a little boring though. Thalaivar was so effortlessly natural as always in comedy and he was so good in romance too. Especially the scene in the hotel after the vaa vaa vaa kannaa vaa song.

tamizharasan
18th May 2010, 08:25 PM
Parts of Velaikkaran last night. Just like padikkadhavan another fantastic entertainer with a right mix of action-comedy-sentiments. Pallavi portion was a little boring though. Thalaivar was so effortlessly natural as always in comedy and he was so good in romance too. Especially the scene in the hotel after the vaa vaa vaa kannaa vaa song.

are you talking about the auction scene. I don't remember all the sequences really well.

Nerd
18th May 2010, 08:32 PM
No it was a very small scene which many would not notice or take it seriously. Just some vazhisals, vekkapaduthify amala etc. Very enjoyable. I don't remember the dialogues now :oops:

There is a similar scene in
1. Guru Sishyan (in the police station, don't remember the dialogue)
2. Mannan (To Kushboo: You are very sweet)

Thalaivar's romantic dialaaks/looks is very unique and it works most of the times :-)

tamizharasan
18th May 2010, 08:33 PM
No it was a very small scene which many would not notice or take it seriously. Just some vazhisals, vekkapaduthify amala etc. Very enjoyable. I don't remember the dialogues now :oops:

There is a similar scene in
1. Guru Sishyan (in the police station, don't remember the dialogue)
2. Mannan (To Kushboo: You are very sweet)

Thalaivar's romantic dialaaks/looks is very unique and it works most of the times :-)

Ok. I got it now.

thamiz
18th May 2010, 08:34 PM
I have dvds of all the movies nerd mentioned. so it is easy to double check! :lol:

ajithfederer
18th May 2010, 10:22 PM
(On the top of my head)

Rajni : Indha kaalathula aambalaiga roadula dhairyama nadamada mudiyala, pombalainga avvalo kettu poitaanga :lol:

Gowthami : I am sorry :|

Rajni : (Immediately grabs her hand), Aana neenga appadi illa. (Both share a moment of uneasiness brought out very well on screen. )

Prabhu then signals as if its time to leave the station and then they both leave but rajni comes back immediately

Rajni: Ennavo marandhutaene!, Ennamo marandhutten. Goes very near to gowthami and whispers "Neenga rombbbaa azhagga irukinga!! ayyooo :P.

Nerd
18th May 2010, 11:18 PM
Yeah same piece Feddy. You have once again proved why you are the biggest 'Guru Sishyan' fan here :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RK--cJf7p8&feature=related (From 2:10 onwards) :bow:

tamizharasan
18th May 2010, 11:46 PM
I did not have very high opinion on Guru sishyan. Now I started thinking that I might need a revisit to this movie.

Sanjeevi
18th May 2010, 11:58 PM
Parts of Velaikkaran last night. Just like padikkadhavan another fantastic entertainer with a right mix of action-comedy-sentiments.

For me, Velaikkaran is better than Padikkadhavan. It was not a bigger hit than padikkadhavan?. The bee comedy was chanceless

Movie Cop
19th May 2010, 12:02 AM
I did not have very high opinion on Guru sishyan. Now I started thinking that I might need a revisit to this movie.
Rajini fan-uhh irundhukittu neegale ippadi sonna eppadi? :)

This should rank as one among the best to showcase Rajini's comedy skills. Rajini carried the comedy portion of this movie on his shoulders with folks like Prabhu/Cho/VC supporting him.

tamizharasan
19th May 2010, 12:05 AM
Rajini fan-uhh irundhukittu neegale ippadi sonna eppadi? :)

This should rank as one among the best to showcase Rajini's comedy skills. Rajini carried the comedy portion of this movie on his shoulders with folks like Prabhu/Cho/VC supporting him.

Yaaru fan-a irundhaalum pattathaan sollanum. Anyway it has been a while since I watched that movie. Revisit may change my opinion.

Sarna
19th May 2010, 08:55 AM
(On the top of my head)

Rajni : Indha kaalathula aambalaiga roadula dhairyama nadamada mudiyala, pombalainga avvalo kettu poitaanga :lol:

Rajni : (Immediately grabs her hand), Aana neenga appadi illa. (Both share a moment of uneasiness brought out very well on screen. )

Prabhu then signals as if its time to leave the station and then they both leave but rajni comes back immediately

Rajni: Ennavo marandhutaene!, Ennamo marandhutten. Goes very near to gowthami and whispers "Neenga rombbbaa azhagga irukinga!! ayyooo :P.

chanceless Rajini :clap: :clap: adhellaam thaanaa varanum :bow: :bow:

Sarna
19th May 2010, 09:02 AM
Parts of Velaikkaran last night. Just like padikkadhavan another fantastic entertainer with a right mix of action-comedy-sentiments.

For me, Velaikkaran is better than Padikkadhavan. It was not a bigger hit than padikkadhavan?. The bee comedy was chanceless

yeah :rotfl:

I think dharmaththin thalaivan has karappaan poochchi comedy :rotfl2:

For Thalaivar, these kinda comedy's really works well and attracts onrilirundhu nooru varai :bow: :bow:

tamizharasan
19th May 2010, 10:03 AM

nope padikkathavan is much bigger than velaikkaran. padikkathavan is blockbuster in fact.

AudazJay
19th May 2010, 01:34 PM
(On the top of my head)

chanceless Rajini :clap: :clap: adhellaam thaanaa varanum :bow: :bow:

:exactly: There's also a scene in Chandramukhi where he has to leave to see his patient (right before the interval).
The moment he sees Nayanthara, he would go to her and say something like, "unge kitte konje over-a nadanthukitten" (laughs) "athelam maranturungge" (referring to the disturbance he gave) then he brings down his shades..."enna maranturadingge.."

After all these years, he still has not lost that touch, I must say! Rajini definitely has a natural flair when it comes to romantic scenes.

Plum
19th May 2010, 01:45 PM
Rajni and romance - one scene says it all. Everything else has to come after:

nAn apdi thAn pEsuvEn

raghavendran
19th May 2010, 02:46 PM
annamalai savaal scene....indhe naale un calenderle kurichi vechikko... :smokesmirk:

PARAMASHIVAN
19th May 2010, 03:12 PM
annamalai savaal scene....indhe naale un calenderle kurichi vechikko... :smokesmirk:

A young angry man well displayed by the king of Indian Cinema :notworthy:

I feel SS is the 'Only' actor who had an excellent facial expression to express 'Anger' after the late SHivaji sir :yes:

PARAMASHIVAN
19th May 2010, 03:14 PM
Yaaru fan-a irundhaalum pattathaan sollanum. .

PARAMASHIVAN
19th May 2010, 03:18 PM

come on nA

It was a laugh riot, I loved the film, SS was hilarious in the movie, esp the English dialogues :rotfl3:

Rajni : Mr Nalla Savam
Vinu Chakaravarthy : yO Savam illaiya Sivam

The park scene with Gouthami

Gouthami : you look so smart yah
Rajni : yAAAh
Gothami : Why don't you say some thing ?
Rajni : Twinkle Twinkle little *

and the yEmendis special was just :rotfl3:

hamid
19th May 2010, 03:49 PM

nAn apdi thAn pEsuvEn

:oops: which movie???

Reg Guru Sishyan : also all his dialogues with Vinu chakaraarthy are :rotfl: Vinu also has doen it brilliantly..

thats why your father and mother kept that name :rotfl2:

the scenes with manorama when the raid is happening :rotfl:

PARAMASHIVAN
19th May 2010, 03:56 PM
the scenes with manorama when the raid is happening :rotfl:

Rajni : Mummeee

Manorama : Mumee ila Aunteee

Rajni : Aunteeee

:rotfl:

raajarasigan
19th May 2010, 04:22 PM

nAn apdi thAn pEsuvEn

Jhony.. :) it was by Sridevi in that movie....
Rajini: Yen Yen Yen... :lol:
this dialogue was followed by one of the most romantic BGM of IR.... OR for that matter, in India Film Music... :yes:

raghavendran
19th May 2010, 05:52 PM

I feel SS is the 'Only' actor who had an excellent facial expression to express 'Anger' after the late SHivaji sir :yes: :yes: :smokesmirk:

HonestRaj
19th May 2010, 08:04 PM

I feel SS is the 'Only' actor who had an excellent facial expression to express 'Anger' after the late SHivaji sir :yes:

this I disagree..

since it is ur feeling, I agree...

PARAMASHIVAN
19th May 2010, 08:32 PM

nAn apdi thAn pEsuvEn

Jhony.. :) it was by Sridevi in that movie....
Rajini: Yen Yen Yen... :lol:
this dialogue was followed by one of the most romantic BGM of IR.... OR for that matter, in India Film Music... :yes:

hmm I don't remember this scene :oops:

Nerd
19th May 2010, 08:40 PM
Hamid/Params - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO8O5qInUsk

PARAMASHIVAN
19th May 2010, 09:00 PM
Hamid/Params - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO8O5qInUsk

aiYo

intha scena enaku romba pudicha scene so romantic pa, paatha tension ahiduvEn , :roll: :cry:

brings back loads of old memories :cry:

This scene would lead to an awsome song by Jency madam 'En vaanilE' , :notworthy:

Sudarsh
19th May 2010, 09:01 PM
YEN VAZHIIIIII THANNNNNIIII VAZHI 8-)

Movie Cop
19th May 2010, 09:13 PM

come on nA

It was a laugh riot, I loved the film, SS was hilarious in the movie, esp the English dialogues :rotfl3:

:rotfl3: :rotfl:

Param Shiv-ji,
Thanks for recalling some of the dialaaks. GS is a laugh riot, I say. :rotfl2: It's not that comedy is generated out of any great writing/dialaaks or even the situations. It's just the "Rajini element" that did all the work here.

Nerd
19th May 2010, 09:14 PM
This scene would lead to an awsome song by Jency madam 'En vaanilE' , :notworthy:
I think this scene is right after that song.

tamizharasan
19th May 2010, 09:16 PM

Yes it is. But Paramu might have seen the movie in reverse. :lol:

PARAMASHIVAN
19th May 2010, 09:22 PM

come on nA

:rotfl3: :rotfl:

Param Shiv-ji,
Thanks for recalling some of the dialaaks. GS is a laugh riot, I say. :rotfl2: It's not that comedy is generated out of any great writing/dialaaks or even the situations. It's just the "Rajini element" that did all the work here.

:yes: :exactly: :notworthy:

PARAMASHIVAN
19th May 2010, 09:22 PM

Yes it is. But Paramu might have seen the movie in reverse. :lol: :twisted: :lol: :oops:

PARAMASHIVAN
20th May 2010, 02:38 PM
Just revisted Gurushisyan again yesterday.

Scene #1

THE CBI visits Vinus house

Manorama : aama Neengalelam aaru?
Rajni: Saar yaar nu thriyuma (pointing at Prabhu)
Manorama : TheriyalaiyE
Rajni : ABC Opicer :rotfl3:
Prabhu : yO athu Abc officer ilaiya athu CBI officer

then after a while .... same scene

Rajni : Mike aala pEsinathu antha kaalam, mike aala adikirathu intha kalam :rotfl2:

tamizharasan
20th May 2010, 10:35 PM
We have been talking about guru sishyan all t he time here you go.

''நான் அந்தக் கொலையைச் செய்யலே! நான் நிரபராதி... என்னை யாராவது காப்பாற்ற மாட்டீங்களா...?''

- தூக்குத் தண்டனைக் கைதி பாண்டியன் உருக்கமாகக் கதற, விடுதலைக் கைதிகளான ரஜினியும் (குரு) பிரபுவும் (சிஷ்யன்) உண்மையைக் கண்டறிய, கோதாவில் இறங்கும் ஆரம்பக் காட்சிகளில் நகைச்சுவை ஏராளம்!

கிட்டத்தட்ட இடைவேளை வரைக்கும் சீனியர் பார்ட்னர் ரஜினி செமை ஜாலி மூடில்! சி.பி.ஐ. ஆபீஸராகப் பிரபுவும், அவருக்கு உதவியாக ரஜினியும் வேடமிட்டு, போலீஸ் அதிகாரி வினுசக்ரவர்த்தியின் வீட்டில் சோதனை போடுவ தும்... அவரின் மனைவி மனோரமாவிடம் ஒப்புதல் வாக்கு மூலக் கையெழுத்துப் பெற்று, அதை வைத்துக்கொண்டு வினுவை பிளாக்மெயில் செய்வதும்... அரைகுறை இங்கிலீஷில் (நிறைய படங்களில் நிறைய பேர் பண்ணிய காரெக்டர்தான் என்றாலும்) அட்டகாசம் செய்கிறார் ரஜினி! இந்தச் சிரிப் புக் களேபரங்கள் முடியும்வரை - சொல்லப்போனால் முழுப் படத்திலுமே - பிரபு Second Fiddleதான்!

ஆனால், இடைவேளைக்குப் பிறகு, படு சொதப்பல். கள்ளக்கடத்தல் மன்னர் ரவிச்சந்திரன் (இவருக்கு வலக்கரம் சோ), அவர் தம்பி ராதாரவி ஓர் அணியில் சேர்ந்து, ஏதோ ஒரு ரகசியத்துக்காகச் செந்தாமரையைச் சித்ரவதை செய்துகொண்டிருக்க... கொலை செய்யப்பட்ட பெண் ரஜினியின் தங்கையாம்! பாண்டியன், ரஜினியின் தம்பியாம்! இவர்கள் சின்ன வயதில் பிரிந்தவர்களாம்! இப்படி... 'காதிலே பூ' என்று சொல்வது தவறு; 'பூக்கூடையில் காது' என்பதுதான் பொருத்தம்!

முன்பகுதியில், விலாநோகச் சிரிக்க வைக்கிறார் ரஜினி; பின்பகுதியில், எரிச்சலடைய வைக்கிறார் டைரக்டர்!

40/100

நன்றி விகடன்.

thamiz
20th May 2010, 10:43 PM
I guess most of the rajni movies earned 40/100 in vikatan :D

PARAMASHIVAN
21st May 2010, 02:37 PM
Yah the second half was sothapal :evil:

Prabhu - ithU yaroda kuthirai Guru
Rajni - VK.Ramasamy odathau :rotfl3:

Thirumaran
21st May 2010, 02:39 PM
முன்பகுதியில், விலாநோகச் சிரிக்க வைக்கிறார் ரஜினி; பின்பகுதியில், எரிச்சலடைய வைக்கிறார் டைரக்டர்!

40/100

நன்றி விகடன்.

Same with me. :)

PARAMASHIVAN
21st May 2010, 07:23 PM

40/100

நன்றி விகடன்.

Same with me. :)

Me too

Nerd
21st May 2010, 07:26 PM
40/100 for Guru Sishyan is unpardonable. Vikatan is extremely inconsistent. A much worse film, murattukkaalai gets more than this and I don't even want to talk about the *gems* these days which got around 40.

Even in the 2nd half there was no dearth of funny scenes. Only the last 20 mins or so is ordinary. Guru Sishyan should have got around 47.

omega
21st May 2010, 07:38 PM
40/100 for Guru Sishyan is unpardonable. Vikatan is extremely inconsistent. A much worse film, murattukkaalai gets more than this and I don't even want to talk about the *gems* these days which got around 40.

Even in the 2nd half there was no dearth of funny scenes. Only the last 20 mins or so is ordinary. Guru Sishyan should have got around 47.

:evil: I rate Murattukaalai above Guru Sishyan.
Guru Sishyan was hilarious w/o doubt, but MK was a well packed entertainer (AVMkku maruvaazhvu kodutha padam vera)

littlemaster1982
21st May 2010, 09:15 PM

I'm actually wondering how did they manage to get such reputation for their reviews :roll:

PARAMASHIVAN
21st May 2010, 09:22 PM

:evil: I rate Murattukaalai above Guru Sishyan.
Guru Sishyan was hilarious w/o doubt, but MK was a well packed entertainer (AVMkku maruvaazhvu kodutha padam vera)

Murattukaalai was indeed by far better than Guru Shisyan !!! :x :oops: It was a classic

PARAMASHIVAN
21st May 2010, 09:23 PM
pOthuvaha yEn mansasu thangam :notworthy:

Plum
21st May 2010, 09:39 PM
Avmukku maruvazhvu kodutha orE kAraNathukkAga murattu kALai deserves infamy and disrepute.

tamizharasan
21st May 2010, 09:42 PM
Avmukku maruvazhvu kodutha orE kAraNathukkAga murattu kALai deserves infamy and disrepute.
En indha kolai veRi. AVM mEla?

Nerd
21st May 2010, 09:47 PM
I'm actually wondering how did they manage to get such reputation for their reviews :roll:
My parents still judge a movie based on the Vikatan rating. Leading thamizh magazine for over 50 years. Very widely read. etc are the reasons I think. I have even seen directors looking forward to their reviews. ippO kooda neeyA naanA kObi while introducing pandiraj in one of the episodes went, "vikatan aimbadhu mark kuduthu paaraattiya"...

tamizharasan
21st May 2010, 09:51 PM
My parents still judge a movie based on the Vikatan rating. Leading thamizh magazine for over 50 years. Very widely read. etc are the reasons I think. I have even seen directors looking forward to their reviews. ippO kooda neeyA naanA kObi while introducing pandiraj in one of the episodes went, "vikatan aimbadhu mark kuduthu paaraattiya"...

They were good till 10 years back barring few glitches. There were days we used to watch movie based on only vikatan reviews. They were normally harsh on masala movies irrespective of actors. Arguably Kamal had greatest success rate with vikatan reviews when compared with anyone else in Tamil Industry till 10 years back. (He deserved it more than anyone else is the truth). Even his masala movies faced high criticism. (For example SKV 43/100 and Kakki sattai 39/100)

mgb
23rd May 2010, 01:01 AM
I think this scene is right after that song.the scene after "en vaanile" is where sridevi plays the sitar and rajini stops it and tells about his mother.. the proposal by sridevi comes much later in the movie i suppose :?

venkkiram
23rd May 2010, 02:25 AM

Are you sure Nerd for 47 Vikadan marks to Guru Sishyan? If you think Guru Sishyan deserves 47, then other good films like Annamalai, padikkaathavan deserve more than 60 marks..

thamiz
23rd May 2010, 07:42 AM
I dont think vikatan will give more than 45 for any masala movie.

But, let me contradict my own statement kalyaanaraman earned more than 55 or 60, I am not sure. Dont tell me kalyaanaraaman is not a masala movie! Bcos it is Kh who was rated highly those days no matter what movie he did. But for the past 10 years or so, Kh is in their bad book. Beats me!

ajithfederer
23rd May 2010, 09:40 AM
தண்ட பசங்க!. குரு சிஷ்யன் நீட்ஸ் அட்லீஸ்ட் எ பிபுட்டி (50)!!

As you said there is no dearth of funny scenes in GS. Agreed the film is a masala but whats the big deal. It made you and me and most of us laugh and it still works. The film has a good supporting cast in the form of Prabhu, Vinu, Radharavi, Cho and Manorama. Enna irundha than ivanga othupaanga nnu puriala. And i agree with you Murattu Kaalai is no comparison to GS. GS is funny-fantastic.

ajithfederer
23rd May 2010, 09:42 AM
Pathinaru Vayadhinile got 63 and I posted that web-link in KH thread in this section. Andha padathukkae 63 than.

But, let me contradict my own statement kalyaanaraman earned more than 55 or 60, I am not sure. Dont tell me kalyaanaraaman is not a masala movie! Bcos it is Kh who was rated highly those days no matter what movie he did. But for the past 10 years or so, Kh is in their bad book. Beats me!

tamizharasan
23rd May 2010, 08:06 PM
Pathinaru Vayadhinile got 63 and I posted that web-link in KH thread in this section. Andha padathukkae 63 than.

AF
As a matter of fact 16 vayathinilae at 62.5 marks is highest ever by vikatan. Vikatan has its own standard for rating. IMO other kamal haasan films such as nayagan, mahanadhi and hey ram deserved more marks than 16 vayathinilae got only 60 each if that is the case.

app_engine
24th May 2010, 06:45 AM
IMO other kamal haasan films such as nayagan, mahanadhi and hey ram deserved more marks than 16 vayathinilae

Strongly disagree!

16v aLavukku maRRathula either orinigalityO or nativityO irukkAdhu! You can say technically a little bit week but no other KH film has touched the heart of majority in TN. (I'm from the group that unless a film satifies majority, it could max be called good but never great. Disclaimer - the corollary is NOT TRUE!

mahAnadhi / HR were commercially far far below 16v and nAyakan too didn't have that nook and corner reach! TIME fellow doesn't know anything about TN -why, they didn't know much about even India till a few years back - and so his certificate doesn't mean much in this comparative analysis)

Vivasaayi
24th May 2010, 07:01 AM
IMO other kamal haasan films such as nayagan, mahanadhi and hey ram deserved more marks than 16 vayathinilae

Strongly disagree!

16v aLavukku maRRathula either orinigalityO or nativityO irukkAdhu! You can say technically a little bit week but no other KH film has touched the heart of majority in TN. (I'm from the group that unless a film satifies majority, it could max be called good but never great. Disclaimer - the corollary is NOT TRUE!

what originality/nativity was missed in mahanadhi?

nativityna village movies mattum than nativitiya? :lol:

Standing the test of time is one important factor for a movie to be called as a GREAT movie - I dont think 16 V stands above moives like Mahanadhi in that aspect..even today - "amma naan pass ayiyen"..that veterenary doctor .. "climax barathiraja voice" looks funny...which is not the case with Mahanadhi/thevar magan/mmkr types(later part of kamal career)

thamiz
24th May 2010, 08:31 AM

Strongly disagree!

mahAnadhi / HR were commercially far far below 16v and nAyakan too didn't have that nook and corner reach! TIME fellow doesn't know anything about TN -why, they didn't know much about even India till a few years back - and so his certificate doesn't mean much in this comparative analysis)

Yes, 16 vayathinile deserves to be the topper of all time. I am not sure TA talks from his heart. :lol:

Vivasaayi
24th May 2010, 08:44 AM
Yes, 16 vayathinile deserves to be the topper of all time. I am not sure TA talks from his heart. :lol:

as u always do eh? :lol2:

thamiz
24th May 2010, 08:55 AM
IMO other kamal haasan films such as nayagan, mahanadhi and hey ram deserved more marks than 16 vayathinilae got only 60 each if that is the case.

IYO, all the three other you mentioned deserve how many marks? And which one is top-rated among the three? Or they all deserve the same marks but higher than 62.5?

Feel free to give your marks! :D

PARAMASHIVAN
24th May 2010, 04:21 PM
what is Vikatan's rating for basha :huh: ?

PARAMASHIVAN
24th May 2010, 04:34 PM
I had to admit Vinu was hilarious in GS :clap:

app_engine
24th May 2010, 05:57 PM
what originality/nativity was missed in mahanadhi?

nativityna village movies mattum than nativitiya? :lol:

Standing the test of time is one important factor for a movie to be called as a GREAT movie -

Viv,
Like I said, I belong to an "average" movie appreciator group and not a connoisseur:-)

mahAnadhi wasn't a big success even at the time of its release - standing the test of time comes much after that (barring a few brilliant portions, it was a bore and drag IMO - tons of 80's Malayalam movies were with similar themes but a lot more crispier, that's one of the reason I couldn't feel this 90's product a "fresh" one). Unnecessary & too many songs, which were also ordinary by IR standards is another reason. Not even one comes to my mind today - other than the sriranga ranga temple song - which, for an IR/KH movie - from my PoV - is nothing short of shocking!

I never felt that way for 16V songs (neither unnecessary not outdated). Also, even when I watched recently on dvd, 16V hasn't lost lusture :-)

Well, taste differs. In any case, AV can give marks only at a point of time :-)

PARAMASHIVAN
24th May 2010, 06:00 PM
more and more digressions now :evil:

Nerd
24th May 2010, 07:37 PM
the scene after "en vaanile" is where sridevi plays the sitar and rajini stops it and tells about his mother.. the proposal by sridevi comes much later in the movie i suppose :?
neenga solradhu dhaan correct :clap:

Venki, lets A2D. Feddy, exactly.

PARAMASHIVAN
24th May 2010, 07:40 PM
can some on narrate some scenes from moondru mudichu pls :ty:

tamizharasan
24th May 2010, 07:44 PM

Baasha had either 43 or 45.

PARAMASHIVAN
24th May 2010, 07:53 PM

Baasha had either 43 or 45.

Oh I c :oops:

thamiz
24th May 2010, 10:02 PM
They gave 40 to padayappaa I believe :)

PARAMASHIVAN
25th May 2010, 03:17 PM
Can some one please post your opinion on 'Moondru mudichu' , I think SS performance was class, esp the way he express his feelings for Sri devi is simply :thumbsup: :notworthy: :clap:

PARAMASHIVAN
25th May 2010, 08:24 PM
yOv

enoda kelviku bathil enna :evil:

PARAMASHIVAN
25th May 2010, 08:29 PM
no more digressions pls :x

PARAMASHIVAN
25th May 2010, 08:35 PM
:rant: :rant: :rant:

HonestRaj
25th May 2010, 08:51 PM
Thillu Mullu

Ramachandra moorthy introduces Indran to his daughter sarO...

Mathavi vanakkam sollum.. Rajini kai kudukka kai neettuvar... Thengai Srinivasan, Rajini kaiyai thatti viduvar :lol:

then Rajini says something like... "unakku ellam sollitharren.. nee idhuvaraikkum therinjukkadhadhai theriya vekka poren" etc.

T S: paatlE.. paatlE.. :rotfl3: :rotfl3:

Rajini: aama.. paatlE.. paatlE

Start to end.. Thillu Mullu is a classic

PARAMASHIVAN
25th May 2010, 09:36 PM
Thillu Mullu

Ramachandra moorthy introduces Indran to his daughter sarO...

Mathavi vanakkam sollum.. Rajini kai kudukka kai neettuvar... Thengai Srinivasan, Rajini kaiyai thatti viduvar :lol:

then Rajini says something like... "unakku ellam sollitharren.. nee idhuvaraikkum therinjukkadhadhai theriya vekka poren" etc.

T S: paatlE.. paatlE.. :rotfl3: :rotfl3:

Rajini: aama.. paatlE.. paatlE

m_23_bayarea
26th May 2010, 01:04 AM
Updating my Thalaivar DVD collection with the following movies (will be getting these 6 movies this weekend) - Thanga Magan, Padikkathavan, Thalapathy, Mannan, Annamalai, and Arunachalam.

Well, I had originally ordered about 20 of them, but these were the ones that the store had in their inventory at this time. I've asked them to get the other ones for me as soon as they can!

:boo:

Nerd
26th May 2010, 01:27 AM
Updating my Thalaivar DVD collection with the following movies (will be getting these 6 movies this weekend) - Thanga Magan, Padikkathavan, Thalapathy, Mannan, Annamalai, and Arunachalam.

Well, I had originally ordered about 20 of them, but these were the ones that the store had in their inventory at this time. I've asked them to get the other ones for me as soon as they can!

I have DVDs of about 45 thalaivar films :boo:

thamiz
26th May 2010, 01:46 AM
Thillu Mullu

I agree! :D

tamizharasan
26th May 2010, 02:33 AM

Name them?

m_23_bayarea
26th May 2010, 05:54 AM

Wow! :clap:

arjun885
26th May 2010, 10:04 AM
Manick Nahi...Manick Basha......thats simply awesome

PARAMASHIVAN
26th May 2010, 02:47 PM

I have more than that :poke: :poke: :poke: