PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Scenes/Songs from THALAIVAR Rajini films #3

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

app_engine
16th October 2009, 09:26 PM
Kamal has to put in a 'lot of conscious effort' to appear natural and casual

:notthatway: adhu dhAnga avar nature'E :-) I have seen a number of "all-time-thuru-thuru-para-para" boys who'll have to work hard to be "calm & casual" per our view.

Bala (Karthik)
16th October 2009, 09:57 PM
Jaiganes :rotfl2: Condinee :lol2:

equanimus
16th October 2009, 10:02 PM
It is regarding the post 2000 roles that Amitabh has been doing that I feel envious (i..e for Rajini). If only Rajini had the chance he would have aced many of them.
Seriously doubt that. I mean, what was Rajini's last worthy outing as an actor in the sort of mould that these roles demand?

By the way, I think app_engine's point on Kamal is very true. Having seen him in various kinds of offscreen events, I've also come to feel the same about Kamal's "normal self."

tamizharasan
16th October 2009, 10:06 PM
In my opinion Amitabh is one of the most overrated actors in Indian film industry. I really feel sorry for amitabh fans who make fun of super star. Rajini is much better actor overall when compared with amitabh.

P_R
16th October 2009, 10:08 PM
It is regarding the post 2000 roles that Amitabh has been doing that I feel envious (i..e for Rajini). If only Rajini had the chance he would have aced many of them.
Seriously doubt that. I mean, what was Rajini's last worthy outing as an actor in the sort of mould that these roles demand?
Last worthy outing ThaLapathy.
But in many of the other movies after that there are various scenes where you "see the ease" (sounds like a paradoxical phrase, doesn't it ?). For instance Amitabh gasping for breath in Khakee drew disproportionate applause IMO. Rajini oodhi thaLLiviruvaapla. That's perhaps one of the many instances were I felt sorry for Rajini being trapped.

tamizharasan
16th October 2009, 10:17 PM
For me Baasha was also very good. Rajini's presence was very compelling in that movie.

Nerd
16th October 2009, 10:27 PM
Amit-Ji is way way overrated.

thamiz
16th October 2009, 10:52 PM
In my opinion Amitabh is one of the most overrated actors in Indian film industry. I really feel sorry for amitabh fans who make fun of super star. Rajini is much better actor overall when compared with amitabh.

I dont know hindi and I am not a fan of hindi movies ever. So, I could hardly appreciate the latents amitabh claimed to have! :D

tamizharasan
16th October 2009, 10:57 PM

I dont know hindi and I am not a fan of hindi movies ever. So, I could hardly appreciate the latents amitabh claimed to have! :D

Like Americans for them Hindi cinema is the world cinema. According to them Amitabh bachchan is the best actor ever and now SRK and Aamir are. Satyajit Ray portrays only poor people and does not know how to make any other realistic movies like SRK movies. :lol: South Indian actors are good for nothing.

thamiz
16th October 2009, 11:00 PM
TA: The biggest problem here is the first person who would support Amitabh over Rajni is Rajni himself! :lol:

tamizharasan
16th October 2009, 11:02 PM
Rajini does it out of humility. He rates himself lower than others.

thamiz
17th October 2009, 02:07 AM
Rajini does it out of humility. He rates himself lower than others.

:)

HonestRaj
20th October 2009, 10:05 PM

Annamalai

Avadi to America
21st October 2009, 02:23 AM

Annamalai

For me,

ANNAMALAI, DALAPATHY, BAASHA, MUTHU (FATHER CHARECTER), PEDARAYUDU, CHANDRAMUKHI (VETTAYAN), sIVAJI (MOTTAI BOSS)

Nerd
21st October 2009, 02:46 AM
I agree with your list A2A. BatshA - Medical college scene. MOST actors kastappaduvaanga :smokesmile:

We have Deewar at the other end and we all want to omit BatshA?? Nice try.

Avadi to America
21st October 2009, 08:14 AM
I agree with your list A2A. BatshA - Medical college scene. MOST actors kastappaduvaanga :smokesmile:

Mathavanga panna makkal srichiduvanga..... :lol:

groucho070
21st October 2009, 08:19 AM
Well, 'thaLapathi' is one of those films in which Rajini channels Bachchan often throughout the film!Excuse me??? The only channeling I noticed is Nadigar Tilagam Sivaji Ganesan whose Karnan was obviously the inspiration here. Other than that, its Rajini in his best "let it go, let it out" acting that we saw back in Mullum Malarum, Tappu Taalanggal days. Amitji and all the other ji's, in my arrogant opinion, are basically Hollywood wannabes trapped in Bollywood glitz and masala.

P_R
21st October 2009, 10:39 AM

Waitese.
I think I did mention there were snatches of good performance in many movies post ThaLapathy. But IMO the last wholesome acting performance was thaLapathy. i.e. without the 'hey hey hey hey' kind of moments that Batsha had.

rangan_08
21st October 2009, 07:01 PM
[tscii:814774f5c0]There are plenty of scenes in Basha which is more than enough for all the hullabaloo. But this particular scene just made me to sit up and applaud ( I was literally clapping in the theatre, which I rarely used to do).

The cop guys will be sitting in a conference room when Basha just kicks open the door and storms into the room. He goes straight to the chief and says in his own style, “ Hey..hey..hey….naan idha kaetu vela seyyala (pointing towards his head), idha kaetu vela seyyaren (again, stylishly opens up his jacket and points towards his heart). It was so natural and I just love that scene.

According to me, this piece of dialogue completely reflects the personality of Rajini himself. Kudos to writer Balakumaran for writing such a tailor-made dialogue for Super Star. எதை எப்படி எழுதினால் மக்களிடமிருந்து கைத்தட்டல்கள் பெறலாம் என்கிற வித்தை தெரிந்தவர்.

Though the dialogue seems to be very powerful, it is nothing without Rajini because he is the one who has blown life into that dialogue. I firmly say that it is Rajini’s vivacious & HONEST performance that has made that scene great & evergreen.
[/tscii:814774f5c0]

Avadi to America
21st October 2009, 07:10 PM
Well, 'thaLapathi' is one of those films in which Rajini channels Bachchan often throughout the film!Excuse me??? The only channeling I noticed is Nadigar Tilagam Sivaji Ganesan whose Karnan was obviously the inspiration here. Other than that, its Rajini in his best "let it go, let it out" acting that we saw back in Mullum Malarum, Tappu Taalanggal days. Amitji and all the other ji's, in my arrogant opinion, are basically Hollywood wannabes trapped in Bollywood glitz and masala.

Unga DP pattaya kelaputhu.... :)

rangan_08
22nd October 2009, 07:29 PM
[tscii:43742a63a7]As far as Rajini’s action flicks are concerned, I’d prefer to watch his 80’s films of which most of them are hindi re-makes. If you notice carefully you will admit that there is a vast difference between Amitabh & Rajini’s performance. Of course, Amitabh did his own magic and that’s a different story.

Rajini was always bubbling with energy and when he appeared as an angry young man on screen, filled with agility, speed & most importantly STYLE that gave an altogether new dimension to those characters. He was like a wild river gushing out furiously and that nobody was ever able to control or stop his flow. He was so spontaneous and so natural in many scenes that I used to wonder whether this man started to act even before the director said “ ACTION”.

Some of my favourite Rajini’s action films – Thee, Billa, Anbukku naan adimai, Thudikkum karangal, Kazhugu, Dharmayudham, Garjanai, Kaali, Thaai meedhu sathiyam, Paayum puli, Aadu puli aatam, Shankar Salim Simon, Annai ore aalayam, Moondru mugam…..
[/tscii:43742a63a7]

Avadi to America
22nd October 2009, 10:46 PM
[tscii:83c50f43c5]As far as Rajini’s action flicks are concerned, I’d prefer to watch his 80’s films of which most of them are hindi re-makes. If you notice carefully you will admit that there is a vast difference between Amitabh & Rajini’s performance. Of course, Amitabh did his own magic and that’s a different story.

Rajini was always bubbling with energy and when he appeared as an angry young man on screen, filled with agility, speed & most importantly STYLE that gave an altogether new dimension to those characters He was like a wild river gushing out furiously and that nobody was ever able to control or stop his flow. He was so spontaneous and so natural in many scenes that I used to wonder whether this man started to act even before the director said “ ACTION”.

Some of my favourite Rajini’s action films – Thee, Billa, Anbukku naan adimai, Thudikkum karangal, Kazhugu, Dharmayudham, Garjanai, Kaali, Thaai meedhu sathiyam, Paayum puli, Aadu puli aatam, Shankar Salim Simon, Annai ore aalayam, Moondru mugam…..
[/tscii:83c50f43c5]

:notworthy: :notworthy:

rangan_08
23rd October 2009, 07:46 PM
[tscii:c09dff92d1]Everyone knows that the Super Star is a good actor too but unfortunately only in a handful of films this talent has been utilized. He has done variety of characters that stays evergreen in our minds.

But IMO, the most challenging character that he has ever done is the role of Shri Raghavendirar, because that was a role which demanded a restrained performance. But, by nature, Rajini is very swift & quick in his actions and it must have been a really really tough job for him to completely control himself, to change his body language and enact that role.

Even the slightest nod has to be perfectly orchestrated, should maintain a soft & humble tone, the walk should be in snail’s pace…etc., All these are nothing but big challenges posed in front of this actor. With his sincerity, diligence, dedication and of course, with the blessings of the saint, Rajini overcame all these challenges and did a marvelous job.

Hence, I would say that “ Shri Raghavendirar “ is a film in which you can see one of Rajini’s best performance.
[/tscii:c09dff92d1]

Aalavanthan
23rd October 2009, 10:40 PM
Thillu Mullu and Netrikkan are my favourite movies. But as Rangan said, Raghavendra would have been the toughest movie for Rajini. After all, all heroes wanted their 100th movie to be a different one and wanted to provide their best !

Fav. dialogues:

"ini endha kaalathuliyum kalyaanam aaagadha ponna naan love pannavae maataen" - Thillu Mullu Even in the intro scene, Rajini acknowledges that he has tried something new with a movie full of comedy. Unfortunately, that was his first & last full time comedy movie and a all time classic.

Netrikan:
After getting caught to the pullai, appa on the phone

Appa Rajini - "kandavan kita ellam phone-a kodukurae"

Pulla - " edha kandavan pa" :lol:

Nerd
24th October 2009, 01:17 AM
But IMO, the most challenging character that he has ever done is the role of Shri Raghavendirar, because that was a role which demanded a restrained performance. But, by nature, Rajini is very swift & quick in his actions and it must have been a really really tough job for him to completely control himself, to change his body language and enact that role.

He gave *restrained* performances in EKK, 6 to 60 and BOK which were released prior to Raghavendra. Interestingly, all four are directed by SPM :-)

rangan_08
24th October 2009, 12:59 PM
He gave *restrained* performances in EKK, 6 to 60 and BOK which were released prior to Raghavendra. Interestingly, all four are directed by SPM :-)

Nerd, you're right in a way and i too had those movies in my mind. But the thing is in those films before the old man get-up, you get to see a young & energetic Rajini in his usual form & mannerisms. But i think that's not the case with Sri Raghavendirar.

hamid
29th October 2009, 10:15 AM
Saw Padikkathavan last weekend.. too good.. almost loved all the scenes..

Comedy scenes : Yes Yes thank you.. scene describing about Ambika's pregnance(!) to Nagesh....scenes with Janakaraj :rotfl:

disappointment :"ஊரை தெரிஞ்சிகிட்டேன்" பாடல் - one of the evergreen songs of Rajini..

The dialaks when his brother comes back.. too good.. and the way he changes his tone.. naan padichchi padichi sonneeneda.. :notworthy:

Sentimental scenes : gicing money to his brother etc..
Rajini, so natural and commanding performance.. with so much of ease

and I cannot complete this without mentioning NT the great.. :notworthy: உங்க ரெண்டு பேரையும் மார் மேலயும் தோல் மேலயும் துக்கி வளர்த்தத தவிர வேற என்னடா பாவம் பண்ணேன்?

and his arguments in the court :thumbsup:

sir sir een sir???
ippa varuthu illa?
eppa sethathukku appurama?
athukkum pathil enkitta irukku Mr. Chakravarthy :clap:

hamid
29th October 2009, 10:20 AM
and the other scene which he describes to Nagesh about meeting Sibvji again

"அவர் இன்னும் எப்படி இருக்கார் தெரியுமா? சும்ம சிங்க குட்டிமாதிரி" :notworthy:

groucho070
29th October 2009, 11:04 AM
and the other scene which he describes to Nagesh about meeting Sibvji again

"அவர் இன்னும் எப்படி இருக்கார் தெரியுமா? சும்ம சிங்க குட்டிமாதிரி" :notworthy:You can see that he was not acting there. Also, the look at his face in NT's office when he sees NT for the first time, with Orukootu Kili song in the background. Also NT when he visits Rajini in the jail, tears in eyes but have to be in command not to distress his brother further. As Rajini says about NT in Baba....

hamid
29th October 2009, 11:15 AM
Yes groucho.. :cool:

he rates NT very high and keeps him at the top. He never forgets to mention this whenevr possible..

some other movies comes to my mind now.. in Viduthalai

in the song.. "Super starungka" - paattula he will point to sivaji and indiate not him, NT is the real superstar...

in Pdayappa also, he will respond to NT's dialak.. "ini naanga ellaam un pinnadi thaan"

Rajini: ennikkume enga ellarukkum niingathaanya munnoodi" :notworthy:

groucho070
29th October 2009, 11:27 AM
Am still figuring out how they shot the Rajavukku Raaja song. Pretty nifty stuff back then.

Did we have discussion on which one is the best? This or the original?I vaguely remember Amitji's original, but Rajini captured the innocent part well, I suppose.

hamid
29th October 2009, 11:32 AM
:cool: yes, that was different and nice at that time..

Reg discussion.. i think we have to bring in PR or Plum for that.. Amit-ji padamellaam athikam paarthathilla.. have seen Deewar.. thats the only amit film I have seen at that period...

Nerd
29th October 2009, 07:12 PM
IIRC, Vinod Mehra was better than the dude who played Raja in thamizh. Adhai thaviRa sanjeev kumar, Pachan ellAm very very inferior to the thamizh actors.

padikkAthavan is undoubtedly one of thalaivar's best. Comedy, sentiments etc. ellAm rembbba natural-aa varum thalaivarukku. Favorite scenes:

* inglis dhora elijibeth maadhiri iruppEn :rotfl3:
* the scene in which he demolishes *lakshmi*
* comic interludes with Ambika
* the scene in which he gives all the money, to the last penny to his birrathar.
* oora therinjikittEn, of course

Plum
29th October 2009, 07:20 PM
I am a sucker for the sentiment scenes in padikkadhavan more than the comic ones.

Khuddar stands no comparison at all. Pachan is decidedly inferior. Prabhu Ram vandhu Sanjeev Kumar was better than NT-nu solluvAru - namma lynch paNNiralAm avarai :-)
(For me, ambika is an irritant. But as I said before, enga aNNan periyaNNan generation(adhavadhu grouch generation:-) -ku avanga kanavukanni so I keep my mouth shut)

How much a superstar is needed for this kind of movie is proven in the telugu version with, IIRC, blank face Shoban Babu

tamizharasan
29th October 2009, 07:42 PM
I am a sucker for the sentiment scenes in padikkadhavan more than the comic ones.

Khuddar stands no comparison at all. Pachan is decidedly inferior. Prabhu Ram vandhu Sanjeev Kumar was better than NT-nu solluvAru - namma lynch paNNiralAm avarai :-)
(For me, ambika is an irritant. But as I said before, enga aNNan periyaNNan generation(adhavadhu grouch generation:-) -ku avanga kanavukanni so I keep my mouth shut)

How much a superstar is needed for this kind of movie is proven in the telugu version with, IIRC, blank face Shoban Babu

Indha mAdhiri ellAm vera comedy panrAngala namma forumla. The only actor who is better than NT is, NT himself. Whether you liked his way of acting or not you have to accept this fact if you can identify the human emotions period.

tamizharasan
29th October 2009, 07:45 PM
IIRC, Vinod Mehra was better than the dude who played Raja in thamizh. Adhai thaviRa sanjeev kumar, Pachan ellAm very very inferior to the thamizh actors.

padikkAthavan is undoubtedly one of thalaivar's best. Comedy, sentiments etc. ellAm rembbba natural-aa varum thalaivarukku. Favorite scenes:

* inglis dhora elijibeth maadhiri iruppEn :rotfl3:
* the scene in which he demolishes *lakshmi*
* comic interludes with Ambika
* the scene in which he gives all the money, to the last penny to his birrathar.
* oora therinjikittEn, of course

Traditionally Tamil Cinema actors have been the best in Indian Cinema. Padikkathavan is definitely one of my favorite movies of super star.

Plum
29th October 2009, 07:56 PM
Oops, I was just kidding about PR. I just remembered that he didnt like NT's padikkAdhavan performance, that is all.

tamizharasan
29th October 2009, 08:04 PM
Ok. Even 10% effort from NT would be better than 100% effort of Sanjeev Kumar.

equanimus
29th October 2009, 09:05 PM
I just remembered that he didnt like NT's padikkAdhavan performance, that is all.
Can't blame him (PR) now, can we? :)

Plum
29th October 2009, 09:16 PM
I'll pass that question to grouch :-)

viraajan
29th October 2009, 09:32 PM
Watched parts of Sivaji :2thumbsup: in local cable channel :rotfl2:

Bajji kadai'la ukkandhu thalaivar pandra alambal :rotfl3: :thumbsup:

And,

Suman: yAru?
Thalaivar: hmmm.... parasakthi hero da... :smokesmirk:
S: Sivaji? :shaking:
Thalaivar: pEra ketta udanE summa adhirudhulla? :smokesmirk:

:2thumbsup: One of my favorite scenes in the movie :yes:

Though I have watched it for quite a few times, just now noticed one cute expression from thalaivar :D It is,

during the bajji scene, thalaivar says "thirudanukku thEl kottina maadiri pothikittu irukkanum" :thumbsup:

joe
29th October 2009, 09:41 PM

And,

Though I have watched it for quite a few times, just now noticed one cute expression from thalaivar :D It is,

during the bajji scene, thalaivar says "thirudanukku thEl kottina maadiri pothikittu irukkanum" :thumbsup:

Intha scene youtube link ethuvum irukka? :)

parasakthi hero da... :smokesmirk:

Jyothsna
29th October 2009, 09:41 PM
Sivaji la,

"Inime naa poaporathu singappathai" nu solli thodaila styla kaiya vaipare :notworthy:

HonestRaj
29th October 2009, 09:53 PM
Sivaji la,

"Inime naa poaporathu singappathai" nu solli thodaila styla kaiya vaipare :notworthy:

SIVAJI'la top of all........ motta boss... Suman chair'la kaal pOttu .. nethiyila bubble gum poduradhuthan.. appo andha pazhaya villathanam irukkum :thumbsup: (30 yrs irukkum'la?)

viraajan
29th October 2009, 09:53 PM

And,

Intha scene youtube link ethuvum irukka? :)

parasakthi hero da... :smokesmirk:

Nerd... pilis help :)

viraajan
29th October 2009, 09:55 PM
Sivaji la,

SIVAJI'la top of all........ motta boss... Suman chair'la kaal pOttu .. nethiyila bubble gum poduradhuthan.. appo andha pazhaya villathanam irukkum :thumbsup: (30 yrs irukkum'la?)

:yes: Not only that.... The way he rocks the chair with his legs :redjump:

Avadi to America
29th October 2009, 10:03 PM
Sivaji la,

:yes: Not only that.... The way he rocks the chair with his legs :redjump:

Argubaly, thalivar could have been one of the best villains in tamil cinema if he had chosen villaineous role....

Nerd
29th October 2009, 10:03 PM
இதோ - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfYCsYUabQo (From 07:05)

viraajan
29th October 2009, 10:10 PM
:ty: Nerd

app_engine
29th October 2009, 10:35 PM
இதோ - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfYCsYUabQo (From 07:05)

Fav scene for my son, would have watched this a 100 times! (and every time he plays this, the child #2 will ask " அம்மா எனக்கும் பஜ்ஜி வேணும்" :-) )

groucho070
30th October 2009, 07:24 AM
(For me, ambika is an irritant. But as I said before, enga aNNan periyaNNan generation(adhavadhu grouch generation:-) -ku avanga kanavukanni so I keep my mouth shut) :evil: She was, she was, back then. Athunaala don't touch that. Meethi argument brother Joe seivaar :P

groucho070
30th October 2009, 07:28 AM
Argubaly, thalivar could have been one of the best villains in tamil cinema if he had chosen villaineous role....What nansens. His early roles are some of the best villains. Even the lead part in Mundru Mudichu. I was a kid when I saw that on big screen and cried my eyes out when he didn't save Kamal and sang in that terrifying Vincent Price-esque MSV voice. :cry:

viraajan
14th November 2009, 08:18 PM
Playing now,

Annamalai on Raj TV :smokesmile:
Dharamadurai on Aaditya TV :smokesmile:
Manidhan on Sirippoli :smokesmile:

Nerd
14th November 2009, 09:45 PM
Playing now,

DD OK, Manidhan-la enna periya comedy? :shock:

viraajan
14th November 2009, 10:33 PM
No nerd. That was just an information for fans :cool:

I have not seen manidhan :oops2:

Nerd
14th November 2009, 10:36 PM
Illai bro I thought comedy channels only play comedy films :-)

unga information is always the welcome :bow:

viraajan
14th November 2009, 10:50 PM
Oh yeah u r right. But they playing Manidhan today. appdi ennatha comedy'a kandaangalo adhula... :evil:

:ty:

viraajan
15th November 2009, 04:48 PM
Veera comedy on Aaditya :rotfl2:

The scene where they invite thalaivar for a party and ask him to wear out the dress to check for 'mole' :rotfl:

Thalaivar's reaction "ivanunga ellam oru periya manushanga... veetuku virundhukku koopittu, pant'a avuru, sattaiya avuru j***ya avuru'nu" :lol:

Next scene thalaivar calling roja;s husband as 'aattukarar' instead of 'aathukkarar' :lol:

viraajan
21st November 2009, 07:21 PM
Thalaivar's Mannan on RajTV now :smokesmirk:

The clash between Shanti Devi and Thalaivar :rotfl: Thalaivar;s style in the scene :smokesmile: :redjump:

HonestRaj
21st November 2009, 08:00 PM
Playing now,

DD OK, Manidhan-la enna periya comedy? :shock:

Cho & Vinu Chakravarthy's political conversations were funny &

no need to say, Senthil (- Gounder) is mokkai

rangan_08
28th November 2009, 05:25 PM
[tscii:54086d8383]The famous interview scene from “ Thillu Mullu”. Right from the moment when Rajini taps the door and enters the room and until he walks out, the whole scene is filled with intelligent humour and great performances from the two stalwarts.

Particularly, towards the end of the scene, Thengai asks, “ sarippa, unakku edhavadhu recommendation irukka ? “. Now Rajini, posing as if he is seriously offended and with all that false anger, shoots back at him saying (not verbatim), “ En thiramaikkum thagudhikkum illadha vela, enga appavoda nall perukku illadha vela, yaro oru moonavadhu manushanoda recommendation-la kedaikkudunna, andha velaye enakku venam saar “, and gets up to walk out. Now, Thengai says, “ Nillupa, enna unakku aan oona, Nehru madhiri posukku posukkunu kovam varudhu…”.

Another one. Rajini says something like, “…….uppu sathyagrahathukku inge irundhu nadandhe ponare oru magaan, avaru yaru theriyuma sir ?

Theriyadhu pa

Appo avarudhan sir enga appa (watch his expression now !)

I completely enjoyed those moments. It looked to me like, he doesn’t have to try too hard to bring out comedy. But, on the other hand, he was so natural and comfortable in those scenes. His countenance also possessed certain attractive qualities which largely supported those funny scenes. As always, his eyes and voice are a great advantage for him.

Ninaithaley Inikkum is another of his earlier films noted for comedy. And even films like Mullum Malarum, Johny & Aval Appadithan also had some lighter moments. He would look very cool with those “ moonu pattai” on his fore head and holding a glass of whisky & cigarette, in Aval appadithan.

One of the reasons for his success, I believe is that, right from the beginning he chose to do roles that had an opportunity to give a balanced performance. Jovial and funny in the first half – serious and action oriented in the second half and at times, both these qualities going together throughout the film.
[/tscii:54086d8383]

Nerd
7th December 2009, 10:08 PM
Some great stills (screen captures actually) from thalaivar's best - muLLum malarum

http://www.rajinifans.com/detailview.php?title=1245

jaiganes
7th December 2009, 10:49 PM
[tscii:ed21035bb8]The famous interview scene from “ Thillu Mullu”. Right from the moment when Rajini taps the door and enters the room and until he walks out, the whole scene is filled with intelligent humour and great performances from the two stalwarts.

Particularly, towards the end of the scene, Thengai asks, “ sarippa, unakku edhavadhu recommendation irukka ? “. Now Rajini, posing as if he is seriously offended and with all that false anger, shoots back at him saying (not verbatim), “ En thiramaikkum thagudhikkum illadha vela, enga appavoda nall perukku illadha vela, yaro oru moonavadhu manushanoda recommendation-la kedaikkudunna, andha velaye enakku venam saar “, and gets up to walk out. Now, Thengai says, “ Nillupa, enna unakku aan oona, Nehru madhiri posukku posukkunu kovam varudhu…”.

Another one. Rajini says something like, “…….uppu sathyagrahathukku inge irundhu nadandhe ponare oru magaan, avaru yaru theriyuma sir ?

Theriyadhu pa

I completely enjoyed those moments. It looked to me like, he doesn’t have to try too hard to bring out comedy. But, on the other hand, he was so natural and comfortable in those scenes. His countenance also possessed certain attractive qualities which largely supported those funny scenes. As always, his eyes and voice are a great advantage for him.

Ninaithaley Inikkum is another of his earlier films noted for comedy. And even films like Mullum Malarum, Johny & Aval Appadithan also had some lighter moments. He would look very cool with those “ moonu pattai” on his fore head and holding a glass of whisky & cigarette, in Aval appadithan.

One of the reasons for his success, I believe is that, right from the beginning he chose to do roles that had an opportunity to give a balanced performance. Jovial and funny in the first half – serious and action oriented in the second half and at times, both these qualities going together throughout the film.
[/tscii:ed21035bb8]

for me the scenes he shares with Nagesh and Poornam are simply awesome - Some expressions he uses in these scenes are unmistakably the same ones Kamal uses for 'Raju' in Michael Madhana Kama Rajan and the original guy who used them is none other than Nagesh in Thiruvilayaadal. I donno how much of it is forced by KB or how much of it was unconsciously imbibed from the great Nagesh by these two legends involuntarily.
Watch out for the way he asks 'yaen yaen yaen' with shoe in his hand to poornam. Rajini is like a chemical element that always waits for a catalyst. When great performers join him, he simply explodes on the screen and the reverse is also true - some of the most lack lustre Rajini moments are when he finds himself trapped by mediocre performers. One reason why the rejuvenated Rajini always demands to have a powerful villain on screen and one reason why Baba did not click as much as he would have wanted it to. Another reason for Kamal's success as a good actor is his unrelenting need to surround himself with talented actors like Nasser in almost every next film of his. Rajini has been going out of his way to bring Raghuvaran into every other film of his. With no Raghuvaran around him, Rajini needs an extra powerful menacing bad guy to bring the best out of him, going forward.

app_engine
7th December 2009, 11:24 PM
Rajini needs an extra powerful menacing bad guy to bring the best out of him, going forward.

Good catch, jg!

Being a smart artist, after the not-so-good show of Baba, he himself decided to become the "powerful, menacing bad guy" in CM :-) And it did the trick, as the illusory villainic king was the top usp of that movie (with no other villain).

Also, in Shivaji, the mottai MGR ("p-m-b-guy") had more applause than all other scenes.

I think he is planning the same trick in enthiran (with his robotic version as the "p-m-b-guy").

jaiganes
8th December 2009, 12:13 AM
Mottai Boss was simply awesome.
Had seen the leaked stills of Mottai boss in internet, yet nothing prepared for the zanny shock I got when I saw it in the big screen. It was real cool stuff - a pure pulp experience.
Long back I had remarked on the parking lot of Sathyam theatre after coming out of Matrix, Lawrence Fishburne looks certainly cool in the long leather coat and bald plate and the cools he sported, yet one man who can do better was Rajini and I thanked my stars when that dream came true in 2007 thanks to mottai boss. pala pakkangal ezudhalaam en chella mottayai paththi. Kamal did one mottai in aalavandhaan - but he needs to do one cool mottai like Mottai boss in a masala movie, just let go and awe the folks in the theatre.
The only other mottai( bald plate) that impressed me to the core was that of the man in my avatar in 'Untouchables' that opening shot of him getting shaved is worth a million bucks. Now if Rajini plays that kinda role (Al Capone) in an Indian movie will it be a sensation of epic proportions or what?
Sadly with Rajini - all of these are just these.. fans and cine lovers imagining 'what - ifs' for Rajini and Kamal - Some on has to gently kick their back side and say ' Go do your stuff guys - you were born to act and act much much better'.

rangan_08
8th December 2009, 06:41 PM
nice ideas & thoughts beautifully articulated there, jaiganes.

i too love that scene where Poornam, literally " terrorises " Rajini with a " Toyota car-a illa sundu virala ? ". Rajini's expressions would be awesome !

Aalavanthan
8th December 2009, 07:11 PM
[tscii:bb31512a79]

Theriyadhu pa

vadakOdi kandiyilE uppu sathyAgrahamnu sonna udanE
thenkOdi thoothukudiyilE chatti pAnaiya eduthukitu samUdhirathai nOkki nadandhArE oru magAn

:rotfl: :rotfl:

[/tscii:bb31512a79]

This movie is different from this aspect.. we had two Rajinis one is as strict as Nehru and Thengai (all three with kadhar aadai) and the other Rajini without a mustache with a easy go lucky character.. Whatever Chandran wanted to do, we have Indiran doing .. Remember the entry into the house of Thengai by Indu when he says "nee ippa Chandranilla da Indiran. un velaiya kaatu" this one dialogue has announced the entry of the jovial yet gethu Rajini we all know.

Screenplay, dialogues by Visu .. as JG said, with Visu & KB by side, Rajini has given a wonderful entertainer in the name of thillu mullu.. Even a soga kaatchi in the movie where Chandran is anbu tortured by Madhavi, Chandran delivers "inimay sethaalum kalyaanam aagadha ponna kaadhalika koodadhu " .. He says that in agony, but this dialogue shows Visu's touch. Oru mudivoda thaan padam eduthirukaayinga !

Raghu
8th December 2009, 08:04 PM
tHILLUMULLU THILLUMULLU ULAMALAM ???

AWSOME movie

Raghu
8th December 2009, 08:05 PM
Madhavi in Thillu mullu :P :lol2:

wat a beauty huh :P

rangan_08
9th December 2009, 07:02 PM
Another fantastic scene from Johny.

After a small mis-understanding, Sridevi harshly says a few words at Rajini and later cools down.

Now, Rajini says, " ppa, konja nerathula pada padannu ennannamo pesiteenga... "

Sridevi, " appadithan pesuven " (in a " konjufy " tone )

Rajini innocently asks, " yen, yen, yen.."

Lovely scene.

Plum
9th December 2009, 08:27 PM
Another fantastic scene from Johny.

After a small mis-understanding, Sridevi harshly says a few words at Rajini and later cools down.

Now, Rajini says, " ppa, konja nerathula pada padannu ennannamo pesiteenga... "

Sridevi, " appadithan pesuven " (in a " konjufy " tone )

Rajini innocently asks, " yen, yen, yen.."

Lovely scene.
yes, yes, yes!
Johnny is my second favourite Rajni performance after Mullum
Malarum.
(also apart from innocence, the expression is one of "pongifying" love, and the relationship being still in the pre-lovers stages, a ruing, knowing "chellamA urimai eduthakkuradhu". Very naturally done, beautiful scene)

Nerd
9th December 2009, 08:34 PM
idhO - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO8O5qInUsk

tvsankar
9th December 2009, 08:36 PM
Nerd,
THanks for the link.

tvsankar
9th December 2009, 08:40 PM
Mullum malarum - climax solliyacha.....

SHoba - Rajini idam vandhadhum,

enna oru expression - Rajini kite.....

Fantastic expression it is......

tvsankar
9th December 2009, 10:46 PM
Netrikann

appa rajini - Enna gethu.....

paiyan Rajini - enna adakam, porupu...

really nice to watch this film...

Nerd
10th December 2009, 01:28 AM

Youtube has removed the climax scene :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

tamizharasan
10th December 2009, 01:35 AM

Youtube has removed the climax scene :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I don't have problem as I own the dvd of mullum malarum.

bingleguy
10th December 2009, 01:42 AM
thillu mullu .............. a hilarious treat from our very own Super Star :) unforgettable ... every single scene

Nerd
10th December 2009, 01:43 AM
I own a DVD copy too. But the thing is youtube is quickly accessible. Even if I feel like listening to a song, I dont goto raaga, thiraipaadal etc. youtube is the place I goto. Just type the title of the song and you get to listen to it.

I used to type "mullum malarum climax" in youtube, to watch that lovely scene and I used to watch that scene frequently. DVD eduthu player/comp-la insert panni pAkkuradhu boring thing.

tamizharasan
10th December 2009, 01:56 AM
I own a DVD copy too. But the thing is youtube is quickly accessible. Even if I feel like listening to a song, I dont goto raaga, thiraipaadal etc. youtube is the place I goto. Just type the title of the song and you get to listen to it.

I used to type "mullum malarum climax" in youtube, to watch that lovely scene and I used to watch that scene frequently. DVD eduthu player/comp-la insert panni pAkkuradhu boring thing.

Ok. Got it. Users might have removed the clipping. But most of the times, lost clippings reappear in short period of time. After seeing mullum malarum sometimes I feel like we miss his acting talents because of his decision to move to commercial cinema.

jaiganes
10th December 2009, 04:11 AM
[tscii:6c8d9c6946]

Theriyadhu pa

vadakOdi kandiyilE uppu sathyAgrahamnu sonna udanE
thenkOdi thoothukudiyilE chatti pAnaiya eduthukitu samUdhirathai nOkki nadandhArE oru magAn

:rotfl: :rotfl:

[/tscii:6c8d9c6946]

This movie is different from this aspect.. we had two Rajinis one is as strict as Nehru and Thengai (all three with kadhar aadai) and the other Rajini without a mustache with a easy go lucky character.. Whatever Chandran wanted to do, we have Indiran doing .. Remember the entry into the house of Thengai by Indu when he says "nee ippa Chandranilla da Indiran. un velaiya kaatu" this one dialogue has announced the entry of the jovial yet gethu Rajini we all know.

Screenplay, dialogues by Visu .. as JG said, with Visu & KB by side, Rajini has given a wonderful entertainer in the name of thillu mullu.. Even a soga kaatchi in the movie where Chandran is anbu tortured by Madhavi, Chandran delivers "inimay sethaalum kalyaanam aagadha ponna kaadhalika koodadhu " .. He says that in agony, but this dialogue shows Visu's touch. Oru mudivoda thaan padam eduthirukaayinga !
That comic exasparation rajini has used it over and over and yet never stale .
Classic eg#1: Mannan - Visu in hospital and rajini narrating him what happened earlier with vijayashanthi tearing the 'siparisu' letter and when visu asks questions - he says 'onnai angaye saava utrukkanum'. There is a long standing relationship of Rajini with Visu right from the days of 'Sadhurangam'. and they comlement each other well - right up to 'Arunachalam'.

Classic Eg#2: Kezhava Kezhava scene with VKR in Velaikaaran. 'Nee en thaatha illai' - though there is not much by the way of writing, it is just simple honest comic acting by VKR and Rajini that makes it look so funny. Not an easy act to pull off.

Classic Classic Eg#3: Ooor kaavalan - Radhika's waking up in 2AM act - sleepy, droopy and comic cracker of a scene. The crescendo of the scene is simply superb.

hamid
10th December 2009, 10:04 AM
Classic eg#1: Mannan - Visu in hospital and rajini narrating him what happened earlier with vijayashanthi tearing the 'siparisu' letter and when visu asks questions - he says 'onnai angaye saava utrukkanum'. There is a long standing relationship of Rajini with Visu right from the days of 'Sadhurangam'. and they comlement each other well - right up to 'Arunachalam'.

you can add the dialak from the same movie : " unna een adichaangannu ippa puriyuthu" :lol:

venkkiram
10th December 2009, 10:11 AM
ஜானி படத்தில் முடிவெட்டும் மனிதராக வரும் பாத்திரம் வழியே ரஜினி வெளிப்படுத்தியிருக்கும் உணர்வுகள் நிறைய.

தமிழ்த் திரைப்பட வரலாற்றில் எனக்கு மிகவும் பிடித்த குணங்களைக் கொண்ட பாத்திரங்களில் ஒன்றாகவே அந்த முடிவெட்டுபவரை கருதுகிறேன். தானுண்டு தன் வேலையுண்டு என இருக்கும் அவரிடத்தில் காணப்படும் கஞ்சத்தனத்திலும் ஒரு நேர்மை இருக்கும்.

ஒரு காட்சியில் ஒரு மனிதருக்கு முடிவெட்டிக்கொண்டிருப்பார். தலையை அப்படி வையுங்கள்..இப்படி வையுங்கள் என எல்லா முடிவெட்டுபவர்களைப் போலவே ரஜினியும் அவரிடத்தில் சொல்லி சொல்லிப் பார்ப்பார். அந்த மனிதர் தூங்கிவிட்டதால் அவரிடத்தில் ஒரு ரியாக்ஷனும் வராது. உணர்ந்த ரஜினி ஒண்ணுமே செய்யமாட்டார்.. உச்சந்தலையிலிருந்து ஒரு உயிர்முடியை வெடுக்கென்று பிடுங்கிவிடுவார் . அவ்வளவுதான்.. தூங்கிக் கொண்டிருந்த மனிதர் திடுதிப்பென்று முழிப்பார் பாருங்கள்.. நகைச்சுவையின் சிறந்த தருணங்களில் அதுவும் ஒன்று.

Bala (Karthik)
10th December 2009, 10:48 AM
and when visu asks questions - he says 'onnai angaye saava utrukkanum'.
:rotfl2:

AudazJay
10th December 2009, 03:09 PM

you can add the dialak from the same movie : " unna een adichaangannu ippa puriyuthu" :lol:

The whole hospital scene was just too hilarious! The chemistry between Rajini and Visu was just too good in that film...

The scene where Visu says that he's the owner of the company, the changes in Rajini's expressions was just mindblowing...
"Aiyo! Aiyo! Unaku thalailethan adipathuruke-ne nanichen, aana thale-kulle adipathurukene theriyame poche!"

Plum
10th December 2009, 03:58 PM
Ofcourse Rajni-Visu - UzhaippALi should figure high. Grouch once deciphered Rajni's English in THAT scene, followed by Gounds' "what a english american langvage top"

Aalavanthan
10th December 2009, 04:58 PM
Thillu Mullu was the first movie to have opened up the comical gates for Rajini.. adhuvaraikum irumbu kotai muratu singam madhiri irundha rajini was transferred to a different person. To have him transformed from a rough guy, he had to go through a complete change of physical appearance... Chandran's oily padiya vaari veccha hair and Indu's mush less face.

Visu in Mannan was a different choice. I dont remember seeing Visu playing as a daughter's father in the movies other than his direction. Usualy Vijaykumar thaan play pannuvaaru, but to add the comical touch Visu has been casted.

Visu in Arunachalam was a setback when compared to previous combo's

Aalavanthan
10th December 2009, 05:09 PM
Classic Eg#2: Kezhava Kezhava scene with VKR in Velaikaaran. 'Nee en thaatha illai' - though there is not much by the way of writing, it is just simple honest comic acting by VKR and Rajini that makes it look so funny. Not an easy act to pull off.

:clap: Amazing pick .. VKR kooda eedu katta vendiya soozhnilai (in the comic sense) . And that too after seeing VKR's "western" dancing and Rajini's expressions were :lol:

Classic Classic Eg#3: Ooor kaavalan - Radhika's waking up in 2AM act - sleepy, droopy and comic cracker of a scene. The crescendo of the scene is simply superb.

First time watch wasnt too impressive. But repetitive watches made it hilarious. Again, had Radhika been replaced by someother actress, it would have been a doubtful scene.. Radhika's tone, innocence just adds more to the scene

jaiganes
10th December 2009, 06:07 PM
Lots of hero these days 'peethify' saying they have done comedy (Edho IIT JEE ezudhi paass aana maadhiri).
சூப்பர் ஸ்டார் ஆகத்துடிக்கும் நிறையப்பேர் முதலில் ரஜினியின்
இயல்பான நடிப்பைக்கற்றுக்கொள்ள வேண்டும்.
நானும் ஒரு காலத்தில் ரஜினி அவ்வளவாக நடிப்படில்லை
என்று நினைத்ததுண்டு. ரஜினியின் நடிப்பு காட்சி நீர்த்தொட்டியின் (அக்வேரியம்)
தங்கமீன்களின் நீச்சல் போன்றது. மிக இயல்பாகவே முயற்சி இன்றி அது அமைகிறது.
இதை நடித்துப்பார்த்தால் இன்னும் உணரலாம்.
ரஜினி பற்றி சொல்லும் போது கமலைப்பற்றியும் சொல்லி ஆகவேண்டியுள்ளது,
பாலா இதற்கு வேறு ஒருதிரியில் மறுப்பும் கிண்டலும் வெளியிடுவார். :-)

கமல் நடிப்பு ஒரு திமிங்கலத்தின் நீச்சல் போன்றது. சாதாரணமான நீச்சல் அல்ல அது
கடலின் அகல பரிமாணங்களை முழுக்க அளக்க நினைக்கும் வெறியே அதன் உந்து சக்தி.
சமயத்தில் அது நமக்கு ஒருவித குழப்பத்தயே உண்டு பண்ணலாம். ஆனால் அந்த முயற்சியின்
பாடங்கள் பின்வரும் வெற்றி முயற்சிகளுக்கான விதைகளாக பரிமளிக்கும்.

ரஜினி - கமல் இந்த சகாப்த்தத்தின் பிரிக்க முடியாத கலைத்தாக்கங்கள்.
கண்டு பிடித்து பட்டை தீட்டிய கே.பிக்கு நாம் மிகவும் கடமைப்பட்டுள்ளோம்.

Plum
10th December 2009, 06:37 PM
Jai, you have been going on and on about Kamal's "muyarchi nadippu". I was watching Aadi velli from moondru mudichu the other day. adhu natural(on par with all 'natural' efforts of rajni) illainA, what do you mean by natural?

IMO, Kamal' acting style cannot be pigeon holed as you are doing.
On second thoughts, remove that IMO.

rangan_08
10th December 2009, 06:57 PM
"mullum malarum climax"

patheengalada, patheengalada yen valli kuttiya...ippo engada kondu poi vechipeenga unga moonjiyellam....

Adhu ennamo therila sar, modhallerndhey enakku ungala pudikkala, aana en valliku ungala pudichirukku...

:clap: Rajini - Mahendran - IR - BM - Shobha :notworthy:

Raghu
10th December 2009, 07:54 PM
No body has mentioned 'thambiku entha ooru',

SS was hilarious throughout the movie, esp the pambu scene

Madhavai :P and SS' romance was just awsome in the movie!

Nerd
10th December 2009, 08:10 PM

indha thread (rather unga posts in this thread) padichu mudicha udanE andha thread-kku pOga vENdi irukku. VENdAm niRuthikkuvOm :D

viraajan
10th December 2009, 08:15 PM
IR's BGM was so apt in MM climax. Increases the tension and perfectly fits the mood :thumbsup:

thalaivar pathi kEtkavE venam... superb performance :2thumbsup:

More than the snake scene, i like the dialogues that come during elephant scene (completely forgot now :oops: ) Can someone post it? :roll:

And, Sulakshana looks at the sky and says that it's 12 noon. Rajni replies 'mEla enna unga appan kadigaaram maati vachurkkana enna?" :lol:

Raghu
10th December 2009, 08:18 PM
And, Sulakshana looks at the sky and says that it's 12 noon. Rajni replies 'mEla enna unga appan kadigaaram maati vachurkkana enna?" :lol:

yes, then he will be eating the red chillies, witthout realising what he was eating :lol:

Nerd
10th December 2009, 08:25 PM
More than the snake scene, i like the dialogues that come during elephant scene (completely forgot now :oops: ) Can someone post it? :roll:

RK: ஐயோ எனக்கு யானைனா பயம்
S: உங்களுக்கு தான் கராத்தே தெரியுமே
RK: ஆங்... அதுக்கு தெரியாதே :rotfl3:

viraajan
10th December 2009, 08:31 PM

RK: ஐயோ எனக்கு யானைனா பயம்
S: உங்களுக்கு தான் கராத்தே தெரியுமே
RK: ஆங்... அதுக்கு தெரியாதே :rotfl3:

adhe... adhe... :rotfl2:

Raikkonen
10th December 2009, 08:43 PM
another funny line from t.e.o.

rajni takes a mattu soap/tennai mattai and smells it..

rajni: brrr.. (disgusted sound)
heroine: yov.. athellam mornthu pakka koodathuyya..
rajni: inime paakka maaten

:rotfl3:

terrific timing

tamizharasan
10th December 2009, 08:50 PM
Velaikkaran auction scene was fun riot for me. For Rajini's comic abilities big :2thumbsup:

tamizharasan
10th December 2009, 09:03 PM

indha thread (rather unga posts in this thread) padichu mudicha udanE andha thread-kku pOga vENdi irukku. VENdAm niRuthikkuvOm :D
ethavathu sonna thaana sanda varuthu. sollAma niruththikkalAm.
jaignes IMO comparisons is not required because it is not going to change anyone's opinion.

tvsankar
10th December 2009, 09:11 PM
Rajini's love expression is decent in situations
and in the songs also.....

ponmanae sangeetham padivaa - nice one...

Muthamizh kaviyae varuga - Nice to see this Rajini.....

Rajiniin shyness - nalla irukum....

viraajan
10th December 2009, 09:26 PM

:exactly:

I guess it's in nagumo song from Badsha. nagatha kadichuttE oru scene'la vetkapaduvaar paarunga, ultimate :yes: :smokesmile:

omega
10th December 2009, 09:41 PM

I guess it's in nagumo song from Badsha. nagatha kadichuttE oru scene'la vetkapaduvaar paarunga, ultimate :yes: :smokesmile:

Arunachalam right?

viraajan
10th December 2009, 09:47 PM

Arunachalam right?

aiyaiyo.. mAthittena :oops: Yes. Arunachalam.

VR :hammer:

indha song'lam paathu romba naal aachu :oops: adhaan... marandhutten :oops:

viraajan
10th December 2009, 09:49 PM
I think it's during these lines:

muthtm tharugaiyil mOgamaana kiLi, udhattai, kadichchu vittadhE...

tvsankar
10th December 2009, 09:59 PM
Dear friends,
Thanks for the responses......

Rajini songs - picturisation nalla irukum.

Oora therinjukiten - Virakthi yana expression...

really excellent.. oru Gambeeramana sadness.........

adhu.... Rajini........

tvsankar
10th December 2009, 10:03 PM
Rajini's siripu scenes...

Dharmathin thalaivan

Marandhu poi seiyara ragalai....

Naturala irukum.......

veshti katta marandhu poi underwear oda road la pogum podhu - avarai parthu elalrum sirikum podhu - solra dialoge and expression...

Character a express seivar -- naatla elalrum santhoshama irukanga pola iruku..... like that...

Nerd
10th December 2009, 10:06 PM
Rajini's siripu scenes...

Dharmathin thalaivan

Marandhu poi seiyara ragalai....

Naturala irukum.......

veshti katta marandhu poi underwear oda road la pogum podhu - avarai parthu elalrum sirikum podhu - solra dialoge and expression...

Character a express seivar -- naatla elalrum santhoshama irukanga pola iruku..... like that...
indha scene youtube-la irukku - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKJ0-VIExxA :D

tvsankar
10th December 2009, 10:09 PM
Nerd,
Thanks for the youtube...

Youtube King nu sollalama Ungalai.......

some years back, Jhonny Climax - youtube
kudhavarachae neenga......

Thank you Nerd....

Raghu
10th December 2009, 10:16 PM
Dear friends,
Thanks for the responses......

Rajini songs - picturisation nalla irukum.

Oora therinjukiten - Virakthi yana expression...

really excellent.. oru Gambeeramana sadness.........

adhu.... Rajini........

exactly!

tvsankar
10th December 2009, 10:23 PM
Yes Raghu. Excellent no from Rajini.

ONe more song my pick is

Naan polladhavan poi solldhavan - Billa ???

Smart Rajini.........

Avadi to America
10th December 2009, 11:47 PM
Yes Raghu. Excellent no from Rajini.

ONe more song my pick is

Naan polladhavan poi solldhavan - Billa ???

Smart Rajini.........

"pollathavan"

jaiganes
11th December 2009, 12:54 AM
another funny line from t.e.o.

rajni takes a mattu soap/tennai mattai and smells it..

rajni: brrr.. (disgusted sound)
heroine: yov.. athellam mornthu pakka koodathuyya..
rajni: inime paakka maaten

:rotfl3:

terrific timing

what takes the cake in TEO is the constant 'Ippdi onnu irukkO'. I donno how much it was dialogue writer's input or how much was improvisation by Rajini - It was simply too good. For every thing he learns the first time he repeats this to hilarious effect.

app_engine
11th December 2009, 01:01 AM
Outrageous levels of laughter in the hall when he tells the boy :

காத்தாட....அப்டியே ஃப்ரீயா....

groucho070
11th December 2009, 09:15 AM
Glad to see Mullum Malarum leading. Campaign pannumbothu, evanum vote podala. Ithuleernthu enna theriyuthuna.... :lol:

Plum
11th December 2009, 09:20 AM
Grouch :lol:
(Namakku edhiringa silent-A pala peru irukkainga)

Nerd
11th December 2009, 10:36 AM
Super scenes!! Was meaning to do this for a long time. Updated the 2nd post in the first page with these links.

Avargal - Nattiyathai marakkanum (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkZOtmTNqaU)
Avargal - Epdi kattipudichaa pudikkum (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQqK0xo2U-w)
Katha Sangama - Scene #1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB_PL1paY_Y)
Katha Sangama - Scene #2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoxzOdafYLA)
Katha Sangama - Scene #3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I2f1F6HPYU)
16 Vayathinile - Iva aathaalukku.. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shG1RPWYPrw)
Aadu Puli Aattam - Netraiya snehidhan naalaiya edhiri inraiya thalaivali (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01JDe_TbDmo)
Mullum Malarum - Ketta paya sir indha kaali (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PL7ImYghVU)
Mullum Malarum - Vaasingada dei (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XuXIU9EKL8)
Aval Appadithan - Thanni podravan kannukku oru theerkka tharisana shakthi irukku (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXMqK2WKt0M)
Aval Appdithan - Rasikkappadavendiyadhu rusikkappadavendiyadhu madhu, maadhu (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPmiYeNhOcM)
Ninaithaale Inikkum - Cigarette (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrBjBxXvN9E)
Ninaithaale Inikkum - Cassette, anbarE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCXPO2AcwyY)
6 to 60 - Kaadhalnaa.. Rajini version (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bJH1Xy-ScQ)
Johnny - Sridevi proposal (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO8O5qInUsk)
Johnny - Birthday (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWlGWSHHteg)
Johnny - Climax (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOxmBwaRQdI)
Thillu Mullu - Interview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC7z6ziXnqU)
Thillu Mullu - Fulla arichu pochu saar (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gij4xZ-HPGc)
Ranga - Philosophy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncxFniO8yX4)
Moonru Mugam - Alex Pandiyan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLbzYYImRhk)
Adutha Varisu - Sridevi = Princess (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTHLOf-h8N0)
Thambikku Endha Ooru - Pa pa paambu (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdkof2v90Sg)
Thambikku Endha Ooru - Giving a bath to an ox (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVh1OujrkSw)
Anbulla Rajinikanth - Climax (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbEYVrt2OS4)
Sri Raghavendra - Intro speech (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZDWtchmcc8)
Padikkathavan - Play scene (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dQftCbzUWo)
Mr. Bharath - Business tactics (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULQjW3OBpzA)
Bhagwan Dada - Hrithik death scene (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX9WZpvAP7Y)
Velaikkaran - Interview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS6oy0V0onY)
Velaikkaran - Nee en thatha illai (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCvtB5wHbFI)
Oorkkavalan - Radhika comedy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14HC7F3stkQ)
Guru Sishyan - Raid scene, settapp-aa (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9OpaB8YU1U)
Dharmathin Thalaivan - Veshti-less (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKJ0-VIExxA)
Dharmathin Thalaivan - Unga wife yen en veetla irundhu varraanga (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX27domc9Ro)
Bloodstone scenes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtZouRb2-pY)
Rajathi Raja - "subramani? adhu yaaru? pakkathu veettu naai" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCDNk8AcUJQ)
Siva - Velai seyya poren (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI1qry0jzRM)
Raja Chinna Roja - Chinni haaaaan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3lN_qpiCFQ)
Athisiya Piravi - Bada bejaaraa poche (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlNW8i7BgqM)
Dharmadurai - Rajini at brother's (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z1DIUxq3Ys)
Nattukku oru nallavan - Romancing Juhi (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bkX1CTUxWY)
Thalapathi - Surya sir urasaadheenga (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL83pHb3SLs)
Thalapathi - Verum panam, Romance (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du_IiHN-qlE)
Thalapathi - Surya-Deva (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZGU_izXsVs)
Mannan - With Visu (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3URC4MuC_w)
Mannan - Interview, kounder intro (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTh-tY-HPRQ)
Mannan - Chain, Modhiram (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnCCSe4iYrQ)
Annamalai - President Election (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK-i_FAcpoY)
Uzhaippali - american speech languvEj top (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-huunKgP0k)
Veera - Govinda (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahhiu7Qf1S0)
Batsha - Medical College (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YSbt_zvzAQ)
Peddarayudu - Panchayat scene (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhJYuFlDCD0)
Muthu - Daddy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI35fh96u2c)
Padayappa - Oonjal scene (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnK5CmPljTU)
Baba - Bobby (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3b7q3lvRYY)

hamid
11th December 2009, 10:40 AM
Seems a lot of activity last night :cool:

yes.. Rajini is the best when it comes to comedy in TFI..his timing is :notworthy: :thumbsup:

Nerd, great job :thumbsup: :clap: , (cant see youteeb in office :evil: )

Can we change the polls? i think it is time for a different poll..

hamid
11th December 2009, 10:58 AM
Nerd,

youteeb thevaiyilla :lol: By seeing the list most of the scenes are playing inside.. :D

and that triggers an intresting question..

Did he make the right choice of moving towards commercial cinema??

IMO, it might be a blunder..I think he will still be the No.1 star if he has stayed on the so-called "class" acting..

to add to that point, is there anybody who has done such variety of roles in their initial career.. Take rajini's first 50 films.. what a performance :notworthy: almost each one of them is different from the other.. he has made his mark firmly and excelled in style, acting, comedy, villan etc etc..

groucho070
11th December 2009, 11:15 AM
Can we change the polls? i think it is time for a different poll..Can, but fans must ottumotthamaa agree that Kali is his best character and close this poll and announce victory to our camp :twisted:

hamid
11th December 2009, 11:19 AM
Grouch :lol:

I agree.. I have voted for that :cool:

shall we will give 2 day deadline for this poll and request all to give top 10 comedy scenes of Rajini?

hamid
11th December 2009, 11:22 AM

Grouch, your thoughts on this :roll:

groucho070
11th December 2009, 11:32 AM

Grouch, your thoughts on this :roll: *Grouch scratches his beard and sips coffee staring vacantly at nothing in front of him*

Well, Hamid, intha mathiri discussion ellam no use. TFI-la varugura ottumotha films-um commercial thaane. If I am not wrong, his MM, BOK, 6 to 60 ellam hits-thane? They are commercial films too.

I suppose you mean, class film as oppose to mass. While hubbers may fight over the definition, Rajini himself has a set of his own when he confessed during the fans meet that he like to be a "class" film actor. I suspect there is a regret within him that he did not continue on the path set forth through those films.

It's not too late. He can start Mach III or IV, whichever phase you would like to break, and start doing strong roles. His age is a great excuse to do majestic roles.

hamid
11th December 2009, 11:49 AM
Grouch, :lol:

fans meet.. exactly thats what i want.. he said he changed his path for fans.. (It sounded like he regretted that decision..he simply put the blame on fans which may not be right.. He chose films like that and people loved him.. thats it.. Note : people accepted his 6-60..)

But in Kamal function he said he smartly choose this path so that he can be successful.. which is contradictory to his earlier statement...

anbd IMO he will definitely be successful even if he havent changed his path..

reg commercial films i agree to your point.... but what I meant is.. selecting variety of roles, not the hero-worship ones all the time..

he along with this directors and producers have took the fans in this direction and now it might not be possible to go back..

yes.. age (and to an extent Amithabh's roles) can be used as a excuse to change the path.. lets hope for that.. but the chances are very little..

Plum
11th December 2009, 12:02 PM
hamid, konjam explicit-A sollunga. adhAvadhu, commercial path edukkalainA, class acting-layum kamal-ai minji iruppArnu solla varIngaLA? Depending on your response, we'll get Thirumaran to respond to you :-)

Plum
11th December 2009, 12:08 PM
Seriously, I would definitely like Rajni to do what Amitabh is doing now ( I mean in films, not the jatti viLambarams that Amit-ji stars in) and shut the north indies' mouth for ever that "only Amitji" can do such roles.

hamid
11th December 2009, 12:14 PM
Plum,

if that is what you want to infer I dont have problems with that.. :lol:

anyway let me try to put it clear...

1. Did Fans didnt really force him to change path?
2. what will his position be if he hasnt changed his path?
3. Is that a right decision?

IMO Even if he hasnt changed his path he would have been successful and will be a bigger star
(bigger than Kamal or not - maybe or maybe not..but he wont be far from Kamal.. thats for sure.. but, donot make this as the point of argument.. I afraid only hate discussion will start then.. )

One important reason for making this point as a Rajini fan is.. the argument put against him most of the time is he is just a mass actor.. he cant act in so called class films.. and the worst part is he(rajini) himself expressses that in public..

groucho070
11th December 2009, 12:17 PM
Seriously, I would definitely like Rajni to do what Amitabh is doing now ( I mean in films, not the jatti viLambarams that Amit-ji stars in) and shut the north indies' mouth for ever that "only Amitji" can do such roles.Amen to that, brother. Put his heart and mind to it, he can blow any NI Jis out of the screen!!! :twisted:

hamid
11th December 2009, 12:18 PM
( I mean in films, not the jatti viLambarams that Amit-ji stars in)

One more question which is in my mind for a long time.

Why Rajini and Kamal havent acted in any ads so far? ( I do remember long back Rajini acted in an ad which explains about Polio.. that cannot be categorized as ad IMO..)

Almost all the smaller stars except them act in ads and endorse products in TFI.

AudazJay
11th December 2009, 12:19 PM
Plum,

IMO Even if he hasnt changed his path he would have been successful and will be a bigger star
(bigger than Kamal or not - maybe or maybe not..but he wont be far from Kamal.. thats for sure.. but, donot make this as the point of argument.. I afraid only hate discussion will start then.. )

One important reason for making this point as a Rajini fan is.. the argument put against him most of the time is he is just a mass actor.. he cant act in so called class films.. and the worst part is he(rajini) himself expressses that in public..

That's his humility talking sar!

hamid
11th December 2009, 12:22 PM
Seriously, I would definitely like Rajni to do what Amitabh is doing now ( I mean in films, not the jatti viLambarams that Amit-ji stars in) and shut the north indies' mouth for ever that "only Amitji" can do such roles.Amen to that, brother. Put his heart and mind to it, he can blow any NI Jis out of the screen!!! :twisted:

plum/Grouch,

Yes.. I too want the same as i have said in my prev post.. but how many like us are there is the major question..
and yes, his career has come to a stage he should not play only to the gallery..

hamid
11th December 2009, 12:24 PM
Plum,

Audaz,

yes, it is humility. but is that only humility? i think it is time to ask that question..

Plum
11th December 2009, 12:41 PM
I personally think Rajni took things as they came. He could have continued to be what he was before he became a superstar but I wonder if he had a career path in mind at all.

One thing that characterises Kamal is his ambition to make certain films that match his sensibiltiies and taste. Rajni doesnt sound or look like he ever had those ambitions. There was this burning desire to become an actor, and from there whatever comes seems to have been his motto.

At some point, more than the fans, self serving producers and financiers might have fed this superstar image and it probably grew beyond his control. Also, his avoidance of political confrontations speak of a man who wants to live his own life peacefully with whatever comes.

I wish and hope that somehow this fan following melts away and he is forced to reinvent himself as an actor.

AudazJay
11th December 2009, 12:49 PM
Plum,

Audaz,

yes, it is humility. but is that only humility? i think it is time to ask that question..

If you're questioning about his capabilities of being a "Class Actor" then I beg to differ with your remarks. IMO, he has always been a class actor from his earlier days right...more than being a class actor, he's been a star who stands apart from all the other actors..

Name me one actor who could have done the role of Chakravathy of Netrikann as well as Rajni did? Which actor has the innocence of Padikathavan Rajini, the calmness of Sri Ragavendra, the wittiness of Indran, the style of Padayappa or the fire of Thalapathy? Coming to think of it, even in the worst film, Rajini has manage to bring out a class acting from his side.

I can picturise him doing a lot of roles donned previously by other actors and yet I know that he would be able to carry those roles in his own style... but try as I might, I could never imagine any other actors doing justice to the roles that Rajini has done...at least not in the way Rajini has.

equanimus
11th December 2009, 01:42 PM
Hamid/AudazJay,
When it's not clear to anyone (it certainly isn't to me!) what a "class actor" (or a "class film") even means, I think we should just not use it. :)

What I find quite perplexing here is the almost schizophrenic nature of the discourse. On the one hand, a lot of people here undoubtedly enjoy several Rajini films, and on the other hand, there's a constant invocation of the "other" Rajini of the yore (late 70s and early 80s on and off) implying that he used to do "serious cinema" back then. It seems there's a sense of anxiety with respect to Rajini's stature as a "serious" actor which I think is totally unwarranted. Is it even a matter of debate that the Rajini phenomenon is about something else, or at any rate not really about his being a "serious actor?" I mean, the discussion somehow gets narrowed down to some handful of films. Outside Mahendran and KB, most of these films are not even worth talking about.

Bala (Karthik)
11th December 2009, 02:07 PM
hamid, konjam explicit-A sollunga. adhAvadhu, commercial path edukkalainA, class acting-layum kamal-ai minji iruppArnu solla varIngaLA? Depending on your response, we'll get Thirumaran to respond to you :-)
Adha thaan avaru establish panraaru (whatever the different terms 'class acting' , 'school acting' mean) :lol:

tvsankar
11th December 2009, 02:28 PM
Kamal and Rajini

Kamal - Nadipil, ivaroda humbleness - Yaridamum illai.

Rajini - oru gambeeram, oru gethu - idhu - Yar kitayum ilai....

16 vayadhinilae

Kamal character ai Rajini seiya mudiyadhu.....

andha vegulithanam - Kamaloda royalty

adhe padathil,

Rajinin thmiri, nakkal (iva aaatha ku thavani potta kuda...)

solli sirikra gethu - idhu - Rajiniyoda Royalty

Kamal and Rajini - comparison - miga thavarana seyal....

hamid
11th December 2009, 02:37 PM
I personally think Rajni took things as they came. He could have continued to be what he was before he became a superstar but I wonder if he had a career path in mind at all.

One thing that characterises Kamal is his ambition to make certain films that match his sensibiltiies and taste. Rajni doesnt sound or look like he ever had those ambitions. There was this burning desire to become an actor, and from there whatever comes seems to have been his motto.

At some point, more than the fans, self serving producers and financiers might have fed this superstar image and it probably grew beyond his control. Also, his avoidance of political confrontations speak of a man who wants to live his own life peacefully with whatever comes.

I wish and hope that somehow this fan following melts away and he is forced to reinvent himself as an actor.

plum,

intresting points.. though not fully, I agree with you on major points..

yes, Rajini doesnt sound or look like he ever had those ambitions..

There are 2 different things here..

1. career path - I agree with you on this..
2. kind of roles - I partially disagree on this.. Yes. he doesnt seem to have an ambition.. but he had a liking.. he even hinted about that at the fan meet.

He seem to be a man who is easily convinced. maybe.. that is one reason for the change..

hamid
11th December 2009, 02:39 PM
If you're questioning about his capabilities of being a "Class Actor" then I beg to differ with your remarks. IMO, he has always been a class actor from his earlier days right...more than being a class actor, he's been a star who stands apart from all the other actors..
Name me one actor who could have done the role of Chakravathy of Netrikann as well as Rajni did? Which actor has the innocence of Padikathavan Rajini, the calmness of Sri Ragavendra, the wittiness of Indran, the style of Padayappa or the fire of Thalapathy? Coming to think of it, even in the worst film, Rajini has manage to bring out a class acting from his side.

I can picturise him doing a lot of roles donned previously by other actors and yet I know that he would be able to carry those roles in his own style... but try as I might, I could never imagine any other actors doing justice to the roles that Rajini has done...at least not in the way Rajini has.

Audaz,

Completely agree with you entire post. esp the bolded ones :cool:

SoftSword
11th December 2009, 02:44 PM

Why Rajini and Kamal havent acted in any ads so far? ( I do remember long back Rajini acted in an ad which explains about Polio.. that cannot be categorized as ad IMO..)

Almost all the smaller stars except them act in ads and endorse products in TFI.

Kamal came in some HIV awareness ads and a few other i guess..

Plum
11th December 2009, 02:53 PM

Audaz,

Hamid, i have kind of got a clue how to make you agree with my posts FULLY as opposed to partially but I am afraid I am not going to be able to do it ;-)

hamid
11th December 2009, 02:59 PM
Hamid/AudazJay,
When it's not clear to anyone (it certainly isn't to me!) what a "class actor" (or a "class film") even means, I think we should just not use it. :)
:) Thats y i said "so-called class" in all my posts :cool:

What I find quite perplexing here is the almost schizophrenic nature of the discourse. On the one hand, a lot of people here undoubtedly enjoy several Rajini films, and on the other hand, there's a constant invocation of the "other" Rajini of the yore (late 70s and early 80s on and off) implying that he used to do "serious cinema" back then.

Yes. all of us enjoy his films.. recent and his old films.. almost all of them .. but the kind of films he gives now falls in the same kind of category.. we a section of fans want to see him doing variety of roles which gives him chance to showcase his acting talents...I remember PR's comment "his acting skills are there in patches in the recent films and complete performance he has witnessed last was in Thalapathy.
We want more such films..

It seems there's a sense of anxiety with respect to Rajini's stature as a "serious" actor which I think is totally unwarranted.

:yes: well said.. agreed 100%.. but we have seen so many posts here and other places "Rajini cant act.. no point in talking about acting w.r.t Rajni etc etc.. " (those posts are worth :rotfl: only) So it is necessary to raise this and clarify this :cool:

Is it even a matter of debate that the Rajini phenomenon is about something else, or at any rate not really about his being a "serious actor?" I mean, the discussion somehow gets narrowed down to some handful of films. Outside Mahendran and KB, most of these films are not even worth talking about.

sariya purilaliing.. :oops:

Movie Cop
11th December 2009, 02:59 PM
After reading through the last couple of pages can't resist to post this. Just posting this in lighter vein (don't take it seriously). If you haven't ignored this then read this in Vadivelu's tone talking to his buddy...

"Yeppa sinnaraasu,
Ipellam namooru paya pulainge, aalu aalukku oru gilassu oothikinu kilaasu kilaasu sollitu thiriyaraingale... apadi enna thaan kilaasu edukaraainge nu poi paarpom vaariya?"

hamid
11th December 2009, 03:02 PM

Kamal came in some HIV awareness ads and a few other i guess..

ok.. glad to hear that. but those can be categorized as social messages.. wont come in category of ads.. where you make money..

hamid
11th December 2009, 03:03 PM
Adha thaan avaru establish panraaru (whatever the different terms 'class acting' , 'school acting' mean) :lol:

Bala.. u r too smart :lol:

hamid
11th December 2009, 03:05 PM

Audaz,

Hamid, i have kind of got a clue how to make you agree with my posts FULLY as opposed to partially but I am afraid I am not going to be able to do it ;-)

plum :lol:

I have nothing to say except that your clue is completely wrong :cool:

Plum
11th December 2009, 03:06 PM
But who is saying that "Rajni can't act"?
Yaaru solraanga? I dont recall anything in the last few pages to that effect.

Speaking for myself, I reject his acting from and including Annamalai - that is precisely what I dont want him to do - and bear in mind, I dont mean the songs, dances, stunts and superstarisms - I mean the 'acting' parts of these films are precisely what I dont want him to do. Those who are holding those as a 'proof' of his acting skills are the ones doing him a disservice - like Kuselan climax - a typical cliche in TN circles is to say it shows glimpses of "Rajni, the actor". Excuse me, Rajni has done much better stuff much before. I'd rather have him do Baba than the "acting" in such movies and scenes. Before Kuselan, there was VaLLI which bore the unfortunate burden of being "proof" for his acting skills from such supporters :lol:

I never rated Thalapathi but post the surge of support here, happened to revisit, and was duly impressed. So, agree with P_R there, that was the last recorded instance of a super performance.

hamid
11th December 2009, 03:19 PM
plum., I didnt say u said it.. and my posts are not immediate or direct responses to such posts.. I strictly follow NOV's siggy for such posts :cool:

Speaking for myself, I reject his acting from and including Annamalai -
Annamalai - rejetted :shock: he has done great in that movie.. anyway let us not divert the topic again.. will revisit about Annamalai later..

that is precisely what I dont want him to do - and bear in mind, I dont mean the songs, dances, stunts and superstarisms - I mean the 'acting' parts of these films are precisely what I dont want him to do. Those who are holding those as a 'proof' of his acting skills are the ones doing him a disservice - like Kuselan climax - a typical cliche in TN circles is to say it shows glimpses of "Rajni, the actor". Excuse me, Rajni has done much better stuff much before. I'd rather have him do Baba than the "acting" in such movies and scenes. Before Kuselan, there was VaLLI which bore the unfortunate burden of being "proof" for his acting skills from such supporters :lol:
Kuselan climax.. reviist :D later..
These are exactly the kind of argument I dont want to hear.. ( dont understand that I am saying you should not argue like this.. the room for this argument is there and that should be closed.)

I never rated Thalapathi but post the surge of support here, happened to revisit, and was duly impressed. So, agree with P_R there, that was the last recorded instance of a super performance.
oh..ok.. maybe you need to revisit few other films too :wink: .. Thalapathy- we want more such.. :cool:

Thirumaran
11th December 2009, 03:28 PM

Naan enga inga vanthen :roll:

Perusaa sollrathukku enna irukku...

The below statement itself would clearly state there are certain things not to be taken seriously..

yes.. Rajini is the best when it comes to comedy in TFI..his timing is :notworthy: :thumbsup:

When it comes to Comedy not even a comedy actor can do the timing right like Kamal does. No other Hero for that matter can be even compared 10 % of What Kamal can do :yes:

Fair enough. Every one has their opinion like mine. So let it be :lol2:

Bala (Karthik)
11th December 2009, 03:47 PM

When it comes to Comedy not even a comedy actor can do the timing right like Kamal does. No other Hero for that matter can be even compared 10 % of What Kamal can do :yes:

:shock: How can you say this even after seeing some posts here?
Can Kamal better the comedy you see here? Tell, tell, Talk me! :huh:

Fair enough. Every one has their opinion like mine. So let it be :lol2:
Oru sense of humor-e kedayaadhu ungalukku! Avinga dhaan edho joke adichu vlaaditrukkaanga, neenga serious a velakkam ellam sollittu.. :evil:

aahn, neenga continue pannunga boss, Thirumaran kedakkaraaru :lol2:

Aalavanthan
11th December 2009, 03:50 PM

indha post-a appadiyae eduthutu poi Illogical nu thread iruku .. adhula put !

equanimus
11th December 2009, 03:56 PM
Hamid/AudazJay,
:) Thats y i said "so-called class" in all my posts :cool:
No, Hamid, my point is, even when one qualifies it as "so-called," one's still approving of such a classification (but is doubtful of the merits of "class"). This whole "class vs. mass" idea, as we all know, relies on a certain classification of the film-watching audience. But a superstar like Rajini really cuts across all sections of audience. So it's really pointless to examine how he caters to the "class" audience when clearly most of them enjoy his regular films in the same way as others.

At the outset, I think I should first confess that I don't think Rajini is a great actor. (I know it's blasphemous, may be it's just me. :)) I'm trying to find out why the essential Rajini is being traded for the "serious actor" who unusually did some "serious films," some of which are so poor anyway. (Sri Raghavendra and all, really?!)

It seems there's a sense of anxiety with respect to Rajini's stature as a "serious" actor which I think is totally unwarranted.

:yes: well said.. agreed 100%.. but we have seen so many posts here and other places "Rajini cant act.. no point in talking about acting w.r.t Rajni etc etc.. " (those posts are worth :rotfl: only) So it is necessary to raise this and clarify this :cool:
Not to take away anything from Rajini's merits as an actor, but to a large extent, he has indeed transcended what one would call "serious acting" in the traditional sense for decades now, isn't it? What I'm trying to say is, a proper response to these kind of criticisms has to be (and can very well be) well within the framework of the phenomenon that he is, and not by harking back to a different phase of his career as early as the 70s!

Thirumaran
11th December 2009, 03:58 PM
ennamo poanga :roll:

Naan moderator a latchchanamaa amaithiyaa irukaen.. Ethuvaa irunthaalum decent aa discuss pannungappaa :shaking:

hamid
11th December 2009, 04:02 PM
TM,
I didnt want to get into Rajini Vs Kamal discussion.. athaan unga post-ku reply pannala.. but seems this is headed in that direction. anyway if thats what needed so be it..

Bala,

Joke adichu vilayaadrathaa?? :rotfl: athu yaar panrathunnu ellarukkum theiryum.. Dasa collected triple times of sivaji collections, 10 page la thread lock aakiduchu athunaala dasa-thaan winner etc etc.. ithaiyellam vida periya vilayatta enna naanga aadurathu :huh: :rotfl2: :rotfl3:

discuss panrappa eethum pesa mudincha pesunga.. illatti unga threadla poy vilayaadunga.. atha vittuttu een ippadi summa sound mattum kodukkariinga? sari athaan mudiyumna carry on..

Bala (Karthik)
11th December 2009, 04:08 PM
TM,
I didnt want to get into Rajini Vs Kamal discussion.. athaan unga post-ku reply pannala.. but seems this is headed in that direction. anyway if thats what needed so be it..

Oh, really! :lol2:

By the by, 10-page lock-a!!!? adhellam naan sollakkidayaadhu yuvar aanar!
And triple time collection please ask the sources which said that, i'm merely a messenger! :lol2: (Source e kudukkaama vaai la vada sudra aatkal neenga enbadhu vera vishayam)

Bala (Karthik)
11th December 2009, 04:12 PM
discuss panrappa eethum pesa mudincha pesunga.. illatti unga threadla poy vilayaadunga..
Seri, i'll stay in the topic and contribute to the discussion without "giving sound", ok va??

You are being too restrictive, i say!
Why stop with #1 star and # 1 actor, #1 star actor, #1 acting star etc?

How about #1 comedy star? # 1 action star (pipping Arnold to the post)? #1 theater star?
Kamal would have been a light boy and whatever he is now is due to the "humility" (sammandhame illama ella edathulayum indha humility-ye solreengale-nu kekkara madayan yaaru adhu?) and the 'mercy' of Rajini because he choose the 'other path'. everybody in every other field is in top only because Rajini did not choose to grace that field!

Had Rajini joined the Indian cricket team, he would be #1 ICC/Ceat/Maruti ranked player and Sachin Tendulkar would have been throwing balls from the boundary line in white and white (ball boy)! And U.N General secretary post wouldn't have been far off..

Kamaan :yes:

hamid
11th December 2009, 04:13 PM
At the outset, I think I should first confess that I don't think Rajini is a great actor. (I know it's blasphemous, may be it's just me. :)) I'm trying to find out why the essential Rajini is being traded for the "serious actor" who unusually did some "serious films," some of which are so poor anyway. (Sri Raghavendra and all, really?!)

Equa,

Fine..Im glad and why dont we discuss this.. (konjam simple sllunga :lol:)

Not to take away anything from Rajini's merits as an actor, but to a large extent, he has indeed transcended what one would call "serious acting" in the traditional sense for decades now, isn't it? What I'm trying to say is, a proper response to these kind of criticisms has to be (and can very well be) well within the framework of the phenomenon that he is, and not by harking back to a different phase of his career s early as the 70s!

Equa, yes he is a phenomenon.. but the discussion started when I wondered the path he chose might be wrong.. IMO even if he has taken the serious acting path he would have been successful. now that you say some of the serious acting films are so poor.. i wonder which of those you refer..

hamid
11th December 2009, 04:15 PM
Naan moderator a latchchanamaa amaithiyaa irukaen..
appavi saar niinga :lol:

hamid
11th December 2009, 04:19 PM
discuss panrappa eethum pesa mudincha pesunga.. illatti unga threadla poy vilayaadunga..
Seri, i'll stay in the topic and contribute to the discussion without "giving sound", ok va??

You are being too restrictive, i say!
Why stop with #1 star and # 1 actor, #1 star actor, #1 acting star etc?

How about #1 comedy star? # 1 action star (pipping Arnold to the post)? #1 theater star?
Kamal would have been a light boy and whatever he is now is due to the "humility" (sammandhame illama ella edathulayum indha humility-ye solreengale-nu kekkara madayan yaaru adhu?) and the 'mercy' of Rajini because he choose the 'other path'. everybody in every other field is in top only because Rajini did not choose to grace that field!

Had Rajini joined the Indian cricket team, he would be #1 ICC/Ceat/Maruti ranked player and Sachin Tendulkar would have been throwing balls from the boundary line in white and white (ball boy)! And U.N General secretary post wouldn't have been far off..

Kamaan :yes:

:sigh2: naan kuuda oru nimisham nejamaathan solriingaloonnu :shock: ninachi muzusa padichitten.. sari en thapputhaan.. :lol:

Bala (Karthik)
11th December 2009, 04:22 PM
Hubber Maddy's favorite dialogue from Maharasan

Kamal: "(something like)Savalakkadi girigiri....Idhukku enna badhil solra?"
VKR Ayya: "Idhekkellam yevan ya (serious-a) badhil solvaan"

equanimus
11th December 2009, 04:29 PM
illa Hamid, nAn solla varRadhu ennannA... Let me illustrate the point with an example. (I think I've expressed this before too, so pardon me if you've already heard it.) I find it a bit inappropriate that a film like Thillu Mullu is so routinely picked as Rajini's funniest film, especially considering that comedy is among his greatest strengths. Not in the least because it's not a hilarious film, but because it's in a mould that's just not Rajini enough (in the sense of what Rajini does to the film). Of course this is very much subjective, but I'm curious about the near certainty with which Thillu Mullu tops the list.

Aalavanthan
11th December 2009, 04:41 PM
equa.. reason behind Thillu Mullu is his first full fledged comedy film and it remains. we have lot of comedy films which carries a tag " muzhu neela nagaichuvai" but there exists some dull scenes which are not very comical.. But Thillu Mullu IMO, is entirely different. Even a dull scenen or a scnee where Rajini gets frustrated or upset makes the audience laugh - thats where Thillu Mullu is different from others.

Even in the climax, when Thengai is being targetted by characters all round the corner, there is still a comical touch in the dialogues delivered by Poornam, Charu hasan etc. Thillu Mullu for me the funniest film of Rajini and the best with co. of Visu and KB.

hamid
11th December 2009, 04:41 PM
Equa, i think u have said something similar before.. but still I am not getting it clear.. :oops:

1. thillu mullu is the funniest films of Rajini and comedy is said to be one of his strength.. but u didnt find thillumullu that much funny. ( hence Rajini is not so good at comedy)

2. there are better funnier films of Rajini than thillumullu.

3. thillumullu is funny, not because of Rajini, coz of everybody and even if someone replaced Rajini, it wil still be the same?

Hope u imply one among these... :lol: illa 4-tha ethavathu?

Aalavanthan
11th December 2009, 04:44 PM
Equa, i think u have said something similar before.. but still I am not getting it clear.. :oops:

1. thillu mullu is the funniest films of Rajini and comedy is said to be one of his strength.. but u didnt find thillumullu that much funny. ( hence Rajini is not so good at comedy)

2. there are better funnier films of Rajini than thillumullu.

3. thillumullu is funny, not because of Rajini, coz of everybody and even if someone replaced Rajini, it wil still be the same?

Hope u imply one among these... :lol: illa 4-tha ethavathu?

just out of curiosity, can you name not some or atleast one movie ? I am expecting a full fledged comedy as we are comparing his other films with Thillu Mullu.. soneengana naanum paarpaen :)

hamid
11th December 2009, 04:45 PM
aalavanthaan.. niinga vera uudaala kozappathiinga..

I asked whether equa implies any one of these...

P_R
11th December 2009, 04:46 PM
Super scenes!! Was meaning to do this for a long time. Updated the 2nd post in the first page with these links.

Avargal - Nattiyathai marakkanum (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkZOtmTNqaU)
Avargal - Epdi kattipudichaa pudikkum (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQqK0xo2U-w)
Katha Sangama - Scene #1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB_PL1paY_Y)
Katha Sangama - Scene #2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoxzOdafYLA)
Katha Sangama - Scene #3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I2f1F6HPYU)
16 Vayathinile - Iva aathaalukku.. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shG1RPWYPrw)
Aadu Puli Aattam - Netraiya snehidhan naalaiya edhiri inraiya thalaivali (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01JDe_TbDmo)
Mullum Malarum - Ketta paya sir indha kaali (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PL7ImYghVU)
Mullum Malarum - Vaasingada dei (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XuXIU9EKL8)
Aval Appadithan - Thanni podravan kannukku oru theerkka tharisana shakthi irukku (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXMqK2WKt0M)
Aval Appdithan - Rasikkappadavendiyadhu rusikkappadavendiyadhu madhu, maadhu (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPmiYeNhOcM)
Ninaithaale Inikkum - Cigarette (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrBjBxXvN9E)
Ninaithaale Inikkum - Cassette, anbarE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCXPO2AcwyY)
6 to 60 - Kaadhalnaa.. Rajini version (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bJH1Xy-ScQ)
Johnny - Sridevi proposal (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO8O5qInUsk)
Johnny - Birthday (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWlGWSHHteg)
Johnny - Climax (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOxmBwaRQdI)
Thillu Mullu - Interview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC7z6ziXnqU)
Thillu Mullu - Fulla arichu pochu saar (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gij4xZ-HPGc)
Ranga - Philosophy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncxFniO8yX4)
Moonru Mugam - Alex Pandiyan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLbzYYImRhk)
Adutha Varisu - Sridevi = Princess (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTHLOf-h8N0)
Thambikku Endha Ooru - Pa pa paambu (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdkof2v90Sg)
Thambikku Endha Ooru - Giving a bath to an ox (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVh1OujrkSw)
Anbulla Rajinikanth - Climax (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbEYVrt2OS4)
Sri Raghavendra - Intro speech (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZDWtchmcc8)
Padikkathavan - Play scene (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dQftCbzUWo)
Mr. Bharath - Business tactics (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULQjW3OBpzA)
Bhagwan Dada - Hrithik death scene (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX9WZpvAP7Y)
Velaikkaran - Interview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS6oy0V0onY)
Velaikkaran - Nee en thatha illai (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCvtB5wHbFI)
Oorkkavalan - Radhika comedy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14HC7F3stkQ)
Guru Sishyan - Raid scene, settapp-aa (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9OpaB8YU1U)
Dharmathin Thalaivan - Veshti-less (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKJ0-VIExxA)
Dharmathin Thalaivan - Unga wife yen en veetla irundhu varraanga (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX27domc9Ro)
Bloodstone scenes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtZouRb2-pY)
Rajathi Raja - "subramani? adhu yaaru? pakkathu veettu naai" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCDNk8AcUJQ)
Siva - Velai seyya poren (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI1qry0jzRM)
Raja Chinna Roja - Chinni haaaaan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3lN_qpiCFQ)
Athisiya Piravi - Bada bejaaraa poche (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlNW8i7BgqM)
Dharmadurai - Rajini at brother's (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z1DIUxq3Ys)
Nattukku oru nallavan - Romancing Juhi (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bkX1CTUxWY)
Thalapathi - Surya sir urasaadheenga (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL83pHb3SLs)
Thalapathi - Verum panam, Romance (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du_IiHN-qlE)
Thalapathi - Surya-Deva (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZGU_izXsVs)
Mannan - With Visu (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3URC4MuC_w)
Mannan - Interview, kounder intro (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTh-tY-HPRQ)
Mannan - Chain, Modhiram (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnCCSe4iYrQ)
Annamalai - President Election (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK-i_FAcpoY)
Uzhaippali - american speech languvEj top (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-huunKgP0k)
Veera - Govinda (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahhiu7Qf1S0)
Batsha - Medical College (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YSbt_zvzAQ)
Peddarayudu - Panchayat scene (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhJYuFlDCD0)
Muthu - Daddy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI35fh96u2c)
Padayappa - Oonjal scene (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnK5CmPljTU)
Baba - Bobby (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3b7q3lvRYY)

:clap: Nerd

Thank You

equanimus
11th December 2009, 04:56 PM
Aalavanthan,
That (it was his first full fledged comedy film) is an interesting explanation. I think you do have a point here.

Hamid,
(1) -- Not at all. (How can one even infer the last statement?!)
(2) -- Not particularly my point, though there may be.
(3) -- Yes, to a large extent. But, in a larger sense, this is not really the sort of comedy ("Sabha drama" type) that one would instantly associate Rajini with. This ties in to the whole idea of trying to find Rajini in a "class" film, which is why I mentioned it here.

Plum
11th December 2009, 04:59 PM
equa, looking at implications of you "liking" perarasu, and this thread, you must be the most misunderstood hubber ever, and one must say you dont help matters with your prose either :-)

Even if I am wrong about these particular episodes of misunderstanding your point, I still would be right in the overall sense, including the fact that in that case, I would be wrong, and therefore an example of misunderstanding you
:-)

P_R
11th December 2009, 04:59 PM

Speaking for myself, I reject his acting from and including Annamalai - that is precisely what I dont want him to do - and bear in mind, I dont mean the songs, dances, stunts and superstarisms - I mean the 'acting' parts of these films are precisely what I dont want him to do. Those who are holding those as a 'proof' of his acting skills are the ones doing him a disservice - like Kuselan climax - a typical cliche in TN circles is to say it shows glimpses of "Rajni, the actor". Excuse me, Rajni has done much better stuff much before. I'd rather have him do Baba than the "acting" in such movies and scenes. Before Kuselan, there was VaLLI which bore the unfortunate burden of being "proof" for his acting skills from such supporters :lol:

Er... I also like several of those 'snatches of scenes' which you are dismissive of. His simple expressions in vetri nichayam song in Annamalai for instance, I find it impressive in itself. So much so that the speculation on whether Kamal can do it or KuLLamaNi can do it is not very interesting to me.

That was impressive because there was a something about Rajini himself in that. Whether the star is feeding the role is feeding the star - is something we can't quite comment on ably enough.

Even for certain cliches to come alive on screen is a challenge. For instance, I was just watching snatches of veera the other day. There is one scene where upon Meena's return, Vadivukkarasi is upset that she has forced her son to make the wrong decision in asking him to marry Roja. So rather than she consoling Rajini, Rajni is consoling her. Mother 'sendimend' and 'we have done no wrong so why fear' is as old as the hills. But Rajini is so fluent in that scene.

IMO Thalabadhi is last movie where the movie and his performance are thoroughly enjoyable for me. But I would not be dismissive of everything he did after that.

hamid
11th December 2009, 05:08 PM
(3) -- Yes, to a large extent. But, in a larger sense, this is not really the sort of comedy ("Sabha drama" type) that one would instantly associate Rajini with.

Equa, without Rajini if anybody else have done thillumullu. no way.. it wont be this much funny at all.. yep. it will still be an enjoyable movie.. but itz Rajini who took that movie to great levels.

This ties in to the whole idea of trying to find Rajini in a "class" film, which is why I mentioned it here.

Equa.. what was said was, Rajini can give superior performance in Class acting, comedy, villanism, style.. never said his comedy is a classical..

SoftSword
11th December 2009, 05:10 PM
hail the insecurity :)

equanimus
11th December 2009, 05:15 PM
Equa.. what was said was, Rajini can give superior performance in Class acting, comedy, villanism, style.. never said his comedy is a classical..
illa illa, Hamid, appadi sonnadhA 'llAm sollala. (I'm actually trying to debunk the notion that certain modes of comedy are "classical" and superior to the rest.) Thillu Mullu 'la Rajini'yOda essential features avvaLavA irukkAdhunnu dhAn solREn.

Plum
11th December 2009, 05:17 PM
equa, the mean streak in me is perversely enjoying the constant misinterpretation of your statements and thoughts :-)

hamid
11th December 2009, 05:18 PM
Er... I also like several of those 'snatches of scenes' which you are dismissive of. His simple expressions in vetri nichayam song in Annamalai for instance, I find it impressive in itself. So much so that the speculation on whether Kamal can do it or KuLLamaNi can do it is not very interesting to me.

That was impressive because there was a something about Rajini himself in that. Whether the star is feeding the role is feeding the star - is something we can't quite comment on ably enough.

Yes.. in Annamalai. .once classic exapmple is the innocence he brings in early and the kind of depressed/detached at the same time majestic characterisation he brings in the later half.

the scene where he challenges sarath babu along with the bgm is terrific..

the scene where he slaps his daughter, the dialogue after that and the consoling later :notworthy:

Plum, it will not fall in the category u can dismiss off.. yes there are a few which can be in that list.. but not Annamalai..

Plum
11th December 2009, 05:26 PM
ok, I will revisit and tell - although my prejudice against Deva might still come in the way.

hamid
11th December 2009, 05:28 PM
illa illa, Hamid, appadi sonnadhA 'llAm sollala. (I'm actually trying to debunk the notion that certain modes of comedy are "classical" and superior to the rest.)

Ok..i think i got ur point and deprieved plum's enjoyment for a while :lol:

Thillu Mullu 'la Rajini'yOda essential features avvaLavA irukkAdhunnu dhAn solREn

Is it?? essential features-nu etha solriinga? i belive his timing and his comical expression are his strength in comedy.. u can find both of them in this..

TEO/veera are better and have Rajini's essential features?

enakennavo niinga buutakamaave pesura maathiri irukku :oops: ponniyin selvan-la i have felt few people know whats is happening or what is going to happen. but no one will say it openly.. athe maathir irukku :lol:

hamid
11th December 2009, 05:29 PM
ok, I will revisit and tell - although my prejudice against Deva might still come in the way.

:cool: tell us your comments after watching it :)

equanimus
11th December 2009, 05:54 PM
enakennavo niinga buutakamaave pesura maathiri irukku :oops: ponniyin selvan-la i have felt few people know whats is happening or what is going to happen. but no one will say it openly.. athe maathir irukku :lol:
LOL! Ok, vEra mAdhiri varEn.

niRaiya Rajini padangaLil oru strong subaltern presence irukkum. Thillu Mullu padaththula adhaRkAna suvadE pArkka mudiyAdhu. ada, ivvaLavu Enga, oru fighttuk kUda illainga andha padaththula!

rangan_08
11th December 2009, 06:05 PM
Excellent & scrupulous compilation, Nerd. A big round of applause for you. Very meticulously done !!! Great.

jaiganes
11th December 2009, 06:06 PM
LOL! Ok, vEra mAdhiri varEn.

niRaiya Rajini padangaLil oru strong subaltern presence irukkum. Thillu Mullu padaththula adhaRkAna suvadE pArkka mudiyAdhu. ada, ivvaLavu Enga, oru fighttuk kUda illainga andha padaththula!

aamaallaa(like VV wondering)
sollirundhaa indhran chandran nejamaave rettai piravi, Ramachandramurthy chinna vayasula avinga appaara konnu soththai soorayadittarnu kadhayai maathi pallaavaram raiway gate kitta trackla kaal sikkirappala oru climax ezhuduvomaa..

equanimus
11th December 2009, 06:12 PM
Jaiganes,
But I hope you get that I don't mean it in a demeaning way. Rajini's comic side very much extends to his fight sequences. It's really so there in a lot of his memorable films!

jaiganes
11th December 2009, 06:15 PM
Jaiganes,
But I hope you get that I don't mean it in a demeaning way. Rajini's comic side very much extends to his fight sequences. It's really so there in a lot of his memorable films!
rajinikku demeaningaa sollalai.
summa seriousaa poittu irukke, ungala vechu caamedy pannalaamennu dhaan.

enakkennavo nneeenga dhaan engala vechu majoraa comedy panra maadhiri slightaa feel aavudhu.

<appadiye escape route checking>

equanimus
11th December 2009, 06:23 PM
nInga irundhAlum ivvaLavu periya meesicalA irukkak kUdAdhu!

P_R
11th December 2009, 06:32 PM
niRaiya Rajini padangaLil oru strong subaltern presence irukkum.
இந்த waerd இங்க debut-nu நினைக்கறேன்.
அடுத்த தளத்துக்கு போயாச்சுன்னா இனிமே திவச மந்திரந்தான் :P

P_R
11th December 2009, 06:35 PM
vetri nichaya'thukku kooda bronze bowl kidayAdhA ??
mmhmm..meettavaE meetAdhu pOla irukkE.

Aalavanthan
11th December 2009, 07:00 PM

neenga vera.. naan paadhi equa text-a "appadiyae" word webla copy and paste panni life-a otitu irukaen :lol:

hamid
11th December 2009, 07:07 PM
Jaiganes,

habba.. oru post thelivaa purinchidu..:lol: Equa.. ithe maathiri post pannalaame.. :cool:

hamid
11th December 2009, 07:12 PM

neenga vera.. naan paadhi equa text-a "appadiyae" word webla copy and paste panni life-a otitu irukaen :lol:

:lol: actually I tried that once today .. u know what.. the meaning was more confusing.. athunaala antha ideava vittutten..

Nerd
11th December 2009, 08:03 PM

Idhu Rajini favorite scenes thread. Idhula indha post vandhadhukku edhukku ungaLukkellAm eRiyudhu? nEthu kooda dhAn Guna dhAn best performance by any actor ever-nu 4-5 pEr sonnInga naanga adhai koNdu pOyi illogical thread-la pOdunga-nu sonnOmA? I don't get it, whats the problem with Hamid's post here? Its his freaking opinion, if you don't like it stay away or put it politely.

tamizharasan
11th December 2009, 08:17 PM

Idhu Rajini favorite scenes thread. Idhula indha post vandhadhukku edhukku ungaLukkellAm eRiyudhu? nEthu kooda dhAn Guna dhAn best performance by any actor ever-nu 4-5 pEr sonnInga naanga adhai koNdu pOyi illogical thread-la pOdunga-nu sonnOmA? I don't get it, whats the problem with Hamid's post here? Its his freaking opinion, if you don't like it stay away or put it politely.

Nerd
In fact I also said Guna is oscar worthy performance and did not object any others' opinion. People have opinions and we should leave at that as you said.

Nerd
11th December 2009, 08:17 PM
Outside Mahendran and KB, most of these films are not even worth talking about.
Why the condescension?

We feel films (more importantly Rajini's performance in those) like

*Buvana oru ?
*Aval appadithan
*Veera
*Annamalai
*Batsha
*6 to 60
*Netrikkan
*PadikkAthavan
*VelaikkAran
*Guru Sishyan
*Thambikku endha ooru
*Nallavanukku nallavan

are worth talking about. I mean you can't excpect Gunas and Unnai Pol Oruvans from Rajinikanth.

thamiz
11th December 2009, 08:19 PM

:lol: actually I tried that once today .. u know what.. the meaning was more confusing.. athunaala antha ideava vittutten..

People say simple English is the best ! :D

Bala (Karthik)
11th December 2009, 08:29 PM

Opinion dhaan. The post below is self-explanatory. Manasaatchiya vedikka vaikkum post. Sila pala naal munnadi kooda yaaro Vikram > Rajini nu post pannappo neenga react pannaliya? Adhuvum oru opinion dhaane? You did because of the level of absurdity in that, right? Adhu madhiri dhaan idhuvum. Vera onnum illa.

IMO, it might be a blunder..I think he will still be the No.1 star if he has stayed on the so-called "class" acting..

to add to that point, is there anybody who has done such variety of roles in their initial career.. Take rajini's first 50 films.. what a performance :notworthy: almost each one of them is different from the other.. he has made his mark firmly and excelled in style, acting, comedy, villan etc etc..

equanimus
11th December 2009, 08:32 PM
Why the condescension?
ayyayyO Nerd! Firstly, that comment was specifically about "the "other" Rajini of the yore (late 70s and early 80s on and off)," as I had put it earlier in the earlier post. Roughly speaking, the films in which Rajini is a "serious actor" and was not larger than the role. (Since I was expanding on the same point, I assumed that the context would be clear.)

So Padikkadhavan, Thambikku Endha Uru 'lAm andha league'layE varAdhu. Basically, I'm not a fan of his performances in films like 'ARilirundhu aRubadhu varai' and 'engEyO kEtta kural.' (Though I must admit here that I don't recall anything of 'bhuvanA oru kELvikkuRi' and haven't got a chance to revisit it.) That's where I come from. And I love guru sishyan 'yA! That would in fact be my alternate pick for Rajini's best comic performance to make my point about Thillu Mullu!

I fail to see where the condescension is.

hamid
11th December 2009, 08:33 PM

well said Nerd..

at least if they dont agree with it theycan post their views.. aana solrathuku onnumillannu sound mattum vitta enna panrathu? gelusil enga kidaikkumnu vena suggest pannalaam.. avlothaan...vidunga bro.. letz move on.

hamid
11th December 2009, 08:34 PM
Why the condescension?

We feel films (more importantly Rajini's performance in those) like

*Buvana oru ?
*Aval appadithan
*Veera
*Annamalai
*Batsha
*6 to 60
*Netrikkan
*PadikkAthavan
*VelaikkAran
*Guru Sishyan
*Thambikku endha ooru
*Nallavanukku nallavan

are worth talking about. I mean you can't excpect Gunas and Unnai Pol Oruvans from Rajinikanth.

Nerd, u missed many.. most importantly Thalapathy. :cool:

Bala (Karthik)
11th December 2009, 08:36 PM
gelusil enga kidaikkumnu vena suggest pannalaam
:lol: This is funny! You are the one who is speculating "what if" - illadha onnu kedachirukkum nu oru aadhangam, aasai ungalukku thaan! Insecurity, gelusil ellam yaarukku nu neengale kootti kazhichu paarunga, kanakku seriya varum! :wink:

Aalavanthan
11th December 2009, 08:39 PM

enga avatarla irukiravaruku theirnja engleesh avvalavu thaanngo. Vera edhuvum sollama vittadhu en thaputhhein..

nalla vela, indha quote-a paakarduku Nagesh, VKR, Suruli ellam uyiroda illae.. atleast one of the best nu sollirundhaa silentaa poyirukalaam.. The best nu sonnaa Nagesh fans, Goundamani fans ( I am the one) will also join to protest against this..

chumma sound ellam illainngnaa - erkanavae pala paeru sonnadha edhuku sollanumnu thaan..

Bala (Karthik)
11th December 2009, 08:40 PM
aana solrathuku onnumillannu sound mattum vitta enna panrathu?
Oh, comedy a panniptu serious-a eduthukkala nu vera feel panreenga :lol: ! Marupadiyum solren, comedy ku ellam yevan serious a badhil solluvaan. So, unga comedy posts ku ellam naanga ippadi thaan sound viduvom!

hamid
11th December 2009, 08:41 PM

Opinion dhaan. The post below is self-explanatory. Manasaatchiya vedikka vaikkum post. Sila pala naal munnadi kooda yaaro Vikram > Rajini nu post pannappo neenga react pannaliya? Adhuvum oru opinion dhaane? You did because of the level of absurdity in that, right? Adhu madhiri dhaan idhuvum. Vera onnum illa.

:rotfl: saar..ithula enna absurdity-a paarthuttinga???? manusu vedichitta appave solla veendiyathuthaanee..atha vittuttu eppada chance kidaikkumnnu wait panni TM oru post pottathum santhula sinthu paadittu oodittinga??

Bala (Karthik)
11th December 2009, 08:42 PM
Baas, marupadiyum comedy. Adhu unga manasaatchi baas :lol2: (Adhellam illainu theriyum, irundhaalum...)

Nerd
11th December 2009, 08:44 PM
nalla vela, indha quote-a paakarduku Nagesh, VKR, Suruli ellam uyiroda illae.. atleast one of the best nu sollirundhaa silentaa poyirukalaam.. The best nu sonnaa Nagesh fans, Goundamani fans ( I am the one) will also join to protest against this..

I thought he meant among heroes. udanE nagesh, gounder pErellAm izhukka kUdAthu.

That aside, suruLiyaa.. :shock:

Equa, fair enough.

Bala, adhaavadhunga adhukku edhukkunga kamalahaasan dhAn best-nu oru post? enga post pudikkalainA, stupidity-a sutti kAttunga, vEra yaarOdayum edhukku comparison? naan ungaLai sollalai, thirumaaran annan-ai solrEn :P

hamid
11th December 2009, 08:45 PM
gelusil enga kidaikkumnu vena suggest pannalaam
:lol: This is funny! You are the one who is speculating "what if" - illadha onnu kedachirukkum nu oru aadhangam, aasai ungalukku thaan! Insecurity, gelusil ellam yaarukku nu neengale kootti kazhichu paarunga, kanakku seriya varum! :wink:

yes.. I am the one who wondered what-if.. already avarthaan No.1-garathu chinna kozanthaikku kuuda theriyum.. ( ayyayyo..marubadiyum manasu vedichirucha? )

ennavo ippadi irunthirunthaalavathu jeyichirukkalaanu sollala.. ippadi irunthirunthaalum jeyichirupparnuthaan sonnen.. kooti kazichi paarunga.. .yaarukku insecuritynu puriyum

Bala (Karthik)
11th December 2009, 08:46 PM
TM oru post pottathum santhula sinthu paadittu oodittinga??
Adappavigala! Odittena! MArupadiyum feel panreenga? inga dhaane ya irukken. Poll ku options kooda kuduthene, marandhutteengala?

Naanga unga comedy a serious a eduthukkaadhadhu ungala remba aazhama baadhichirukku pola :(
OK, i'll give you one more chance. Comedy keemedy pannaama oru uruppadiyaana post podunga pappom. Serious-a badhil varum... I'm waiting.................. :lol2:

hamid
aana solrathuku onnumillannu sound mattum vitta enna panrathu?
Oh, comedy a panniptu serious-a eduthukkala nu vera feel panreenga :lol: ! Marupadiyum solren, comedy ku ellam yevan serious a badhil solluvaan. So, unga comedy posts ku ellam naanga ippadi thaan sound viduvom!

:roll:.. manasu vedichathu ungalukka illa engalukka? :huh:

Aalavanthan

I thought he meant among heroes. udanE nagesh, gounder pErellAm izhukka kUdAthu.

Equa, fair enough.

Bala, adhaavadhunga adhukku edhukkunga kamalahaasan dhAn best-nu oru post? enga post pudikkalainA, stupidity-a sutti kAttunga, vEra yaarOdayum edhukku comparison? naan ungaLai sollalai, thirumaaran annan-ai solrEn :P

I thought he meant "in TFI"

Nerd
11th December 2009, 08:47 PM
Hamid, avungaLai solla mudiyaadhu, dhayavu seidhu niruthidunga. namma ellAm "last word freaks" illai-nu proof pannunga pAkkalaam.. :-)

Bala (Karthik)
11th December 2009, 08:47 PM
[
yes.. I am the one who wondered what-if.. already avarthaan No.1-garathu chinna kozanthaikku kuuda theriyum.. ( ayyayyo..marubadiyum manasu vedichirucha? )

ennavo ippadi irunthirunthaalavathu jeyichirukkalaanu sollala.. ippadi irunthirunthaalum jeyichirupparnuthaan sonnen.. kooti kazichi paarunga.. .yaarukku insecuritynu puriyum
Edho try panrel. Rejected. Next.... :lol2:

Aalavanthan
11th December 2009, 08:48 PM

seri .. Jeppiar :D

Aalavanthan
11th December 2009, 08:49 PM

yaenga.. please officelirundhu padikiraen.. ippadi pesumbodhu edhavadhu :lol2 alert: podunga.. dhayavu seinju .. ungalai kenji manraadi kettukuraen.

hamid
11th December 2009, 08:51 PM
Baas, marupadiyum comedy. Adhu unga manasaatchi baas :lol2: (Adhellam illainu theriyum, irundhaalum...)

en post-ku en manasaatchi vedichiruchaa?? :rotfl:

personal attacks mattumthaan seyvennu niinga adam pidicha naan enna panrathu??

i replied to plum saying he he wont be far behind kamal if he has chosen that path. niinga sandaikku kaathu kidanthaa enna panrathu?

Bala (Karthik)
11th December 2009, 08:52 PM
Thiru Kamal pera kondu vandhadhukku thaan appove kandanam therivichuttene! Namma Hamid irukkara varaikkum comedy la yaaravadhu kitta nerunga mudiyuma? Idhu Thiru ku puriya venaama?

hamid
11th December 2009, 08:53 PM
Hamid, avungaLai solla mudiyaadhu, dhayavu seidhu niruthidunga. namma ellAm "last word freaks" illai-nu proof pannunga pAkkalaam.. :-)

OK.. Nerd..

Bala (Karthik)
11th December 2009, 08:54 PM
personal attacks mattumthaan seyvennu niinga adam pidicha naan enna panrathu??

Ayya enna sonneenga? Unga postugalai satru padikkavum

Nerd
11th December 2009, 08:56 PM
Sari ellAm mudinjAchA? I just voted for Thambikku Entha ooru - Balu which is certainly not my top favorite, but,

* All the options should have atleast one vote.
* Guru-Sishyan is more popular than TEU and I feel somebody would vote for it to get it off the mark.
* Revisited the first half yesterday. The first 30 minutes (from the moment he enters the village) is incredibly hilarious.

equanimus
11th December 2009, 08:59 PM
And by the way, Nerd, I've argued along these very lines for the "lighter" Rajini (and particularly made my case for 'guru sishyan') in some (http://www.mayyam.com/hub/archives/Tamil_Films/t8542_Superstar_RAJINIKANTH____Fav_Scenes__Songs__ Stunts.html) earlier (http://tfmmagazine.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=1631132#1631132) threads (http://tfmpage.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=1875462#1875462) too. adhaiyE dhAn inga konjam expand paNNi pOstinEn. (Talk about being repetitive!) Just in case it helps to better understand where I come from.

Aalavanthan
11th December 2009, 09:02 PM
Sari ellAm mudinjAchA? I just voted for Thambikku Entha ooru - Balu which is certainly not my top favorite, but,

But the poll says the "favourite character" :huh:

Nerd
11th December 2009, 09:09 PM
Equanimus, I know very well that you like Guru Sishyan and I remember those posts too but I thought you meant something like, "Only Mahendran/KB films are worth talking about, I don't even know why this thread exists, you guys are celebrating mediocrity etc." Plum will be happy now, another one bites the dust (Misunderstanding your posts).

AV, adhu dhAn reason kuduthirukkEnla :twisted:

Aalavanthan
11th December 2009, 09:13 PM

1 more reason to add, my dad has appeared in a small sequence.. remember the title scenes and the one where Rajini throws a file at a person.. He my father :)

Thirumaran
11th December 2009, 09:17 PM
Thiru Kamal pera kondu vandhadhukku thaan appove kandanam therivichuttene! Namma Hamid irukkara varaikkum comedy la yaaravadhu kitta nerunga mudiyuma? Idhu Thiru ku puriya venaama?

ithennadaa vambaa poachchu... :roll:

atha yaen comparision nnu eduththukanum.. en opinion nnu eduthukalaamae :oops:

So the problem is about Kamal coming here from my post. But Kamal was discussed indirectly in some other posts :roll:

Aaga moththathula naan quote panna post la irukira stupidity a ellaarum oththukiteenga poala :roll: :noteeth: :yessir:

ok guys.. sorry for the comparision :notworthy: Enjoy discussing Rajini scenes :P

Thirumaran
11th December 2009, 09:18 PM

1 more reason to add, my dad has appeared in a small sequence.. remember the title scenes and the one where Rajini throws a file at a person.. He my father :)

Wow.. :cool2:

any youtube links :huh:

Nerd
11th December 2009, 09:18 PM

WOW! naan note pannalai, next time not pannrEn :-) unga appa actor-A?

omega
11th December 2009, 09:19 PM

WOW! naan note pannalai, next time not pannrEn :-) unga appa actor-A?

which pilm?

Nerd
11th December 2009, 09:20 PM
Thambrrrikku entha ooru.

hamid
11th December 2009, 09:21 PM
TM :lol:

Nerd,

itz time to end this poll and come up with a new one..

shall we get the nominations for the top 10 comedy scenes ?

Nerd
11th December 2009, 09:23 PM
shall we get the nominations for the top 10 comedy scenes ?
I don't think its possible. Oru thread-kku oru poll dhAn. VenumnA digression-a continue panni thread-a seekkiram mudikkalaam :D

hamid
11th December 2009, 09:23 PM
oh.. grouch told it is possible.. okay then

Aalavanthan
11th December 2009, 09:25 PM
not an actor and all but he was production manager and was asked to fill up the role..

Thirumaran
11th December 2009, 09:32 PM
not an actor and all but he was production manager and was asked to fill up the role..
athu poathumae.. neenga yaen oru actor aa irukka try panni irukka koodathu :huh:

Raghu
11th December 2009, 09:35 PM
echusme

yaravathu SS' oda engilisu dialaak from 'Uzhapali'- podurengala, esp the scene when visu introduces him self 2 SS, and SS will start his engilisu while Gounds will say' Bloody indian'

I watch this scene so many times the VHS was damaged :oops:

HonestRaj
11th December 2009, 09:49 PM
oru 3 page padichEn.. 4 page pendingla irukku.. lightah thalai kiru kirunu suththura madhiri irundhadhu...... ippodhaikku rest kuduthurukken.. :P

Nerd
11th December 2009, 09:50 PM
echusme

yaravathu SS' oda engilisu dialaak from 'Uzhapali'- podurengala, esp the scene when visu introduces him self 2 SS, and SS will start his engilisu while Gounds will say' Bloody indian'

I watch this scene so many times the VHS was damaged :oops:
Here is the repository - http://mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=1872517#1872517

You can find it here.

Raghu
11th December 2009, 10:18 PM
DANKS, nerd :)

HonestRaj
28th December 2009, 07:16 PM
Saw a few scenes in 1st half of "Anbukku Nan Adimai". I have seen this film long time ago & I was thinking it as a 80's action masala. But to my surprise, the comedy scenes involving Rajini, Thengai Srinivasan, Usilaimani & another actor (police station scenes) were nicely done.

Rajini & his presence in those scenes :clap: :clap: Even Surulirajan was good / tolerable. Thengai replying to Rajini in a couple of words... "yes sir.. ok sir.. no sir.. " its none other than Vivek reused it in Anniyan. When I see Surulirajan, he had few styles of Gounder (I know that Suruli is senior).. but Gounder made it more enjoyable (IMV)

I think Rajini's early 80's comedies which comes in action films are highly under rated.. but people remembers something like Annamalai snake scene, Pandian cooking scene, chandramuki pEi story with vadivelu, sivaji fair & lovely, mirchi etc. as Rajini's good ones. These come under.. "U like it because u like the actor" (IMO).

HonestRaj
4th January 2010, 07:29 PM
[tscii:10cca5b550]"kaalai kaalai" song from MANIDHAN

At the start Rajini in white & white :clap: :thumbsup: paarkka attagasama irupparu…. Stylish :yes: paattum avaru style'ukku pramadhama irukkum.. aana Roobini.. Kanraviya oru dress pOtuttu.. thayya thakkanu kudhikkum :evil:
adhukkapuram.. Roobini saree costume vandhukkapuram pattaya kelappumngradhu matter'eh vEra.. appo Rajini'yum vEra colorukku maariduvar :(
[/tscii:10cca5b550]

Vivasaayi
4th January 2010, 07:34 PM
roobini :)

SoftSword
4th January 2010, 07:42 PM
[tscii:0e0ec7fbac]"kaalai kaalai" song from MANIDHAN

At the start Rajini in white & white :clap: :thumbsup: paarkka attagasama irupparu…. Stylish :yes: paattum avaru style'ukku pramadhama irukkum.. aana Roobini.. Kanraviya oru dress pOtuttu.. thayya thakkanu kudhikkum :evil:
adhukkapuram.. Roobini saree costume vandhukkapuram pattaya kelappumngradhu matter'eh vEra.. appo Rajini'yum vEra colorukku maariduvar :(
[/tscii:0e0ec7fbac]

:shock: apdiya

HonestRaj
4th January 2010, 07:44 PM
indha song youtube'la illaiya?

thedunEn kedaikkalai :P

Plum
20th January 2010, 06:36 PM
Rajini(Vinod Khanna) with Krishna(Amitabh) in Ram Robert Rahim(remake of Amar Akbar)
In Hindi, Amitabh walked away with the credits. In Telugu, it is Rajni who does that. In a less crowd pleasing role, Rajini eats up Krishna(admittedly not a great feat by itself).
Poor Krishna, having once been subject to act in a critical face-to-face scene with the greatest of them all in Viswanatha Nayakudu, is bitten twice here as Rajini effortlessly dominates the scene.

Krishna didnt stop at this self-humiliation. He went ahead and remade Deiva Magan :rotfl3:
(VV: "....oru gnayam veNaamA?"

PARAMASHIVAN
20th January 2010, 06:57 PM
Saw a few scenes in 1st half of "Anbukku Nan Adimai". I have seen this film long time ago & I was thinking it as a 80's action masala. But to my surprise, the comedy scenes involving Rajini, Thengai Srinivasan, Usilaimani & another actor (police station scenes) were nicely done.

Rajini & his presence in those scenes :clap: :clap: Even Surulirajan was good / tolerable. Thengai replying to Rajini in a couple of words... "yes sir.. ok sir.. no sir.. " its none other than Vivek reused it in Anniyan. When I see Surulirajan, he had few styles of Gounder (I know that Suruli is senior).. but Gounder made it more enjoyable (IMV)

I think Rajini's early 80's comedies which comes in action films are highly under rated.. but people remembers something like Annamalai snake scene, Pandian cooking scene, chandramuki pEi story with vadivelu, sivaji fair & lovely, mirchi etc. as Rajini's good ones. These come under.. "U like it because u like the actor" (IMO).

was that the movie with Revathy, she acts a blind women in that :oops:

PARAMASHIVAN
20th January 2010, 06:58 PM
THILLUMULLU IS A LAUGH RIOT

:rotfl:

PARAMASHIVAN
1st February 2010, 03:49 PM
I watched Super Star's 'Payum puli' yesterday after a very long time, I am sure this filmwould have been hit 'those' days, was it a super hit, or blockbuster like billa? This was released in 1983.. nice songs by Dr.IR

One song by Dr.SPB which takes your breathaway, where he completley changes his voice and sings in such a funny voice , the song is ' aadi maasam kathadichu..'

superb singing :)

tamizharasan
1st February 2010, 08:55 PM
I watched Super Star's 'Payum puli' yesterday after a very long time, I am sure this filmwould have been hit 'those' days, was it a super hit, or blockbuster like billa? This was released in 1983.. nice songs by Dr.IR

One song by Dr.SPB which takes your breathaway, where he completley changes his voice and sings in such a funny voice , the song is ' aadi maasam kathadichu..'

Paayum Puli was super hit when it was released first time and it also affected the business of Moondru Mugam, otherwise moondrum mugam would have been even bigger.

PARAMASHIVAN
1st February 2010, 09:57 PM

Paayum Puli was super hit when it was released first time and it also affected the business of Moondru Mugam, otherwise moondrum mugam would have been even bigger.

I liked 3 mugam more than payum puli, esp 'Alex Pandiyan' 8-)

groucho070
1st March 2010, 07:33 AM
From last film thread.
Veera.

The Musical. Rajini Rocks. Raja Rocks. Roja Rocks.....okay, the last one was for rhyming reasons don't take it seriously :D More on the Rajini's thread.

But seriously, the songs were awesome and I am talking also about the smaller ones:
Aatula Annakili,
Munti Munthi vinayagaree
Kannai Thirantha.

Then the other big ones.

Fun and folksy
Vadi Vettalai pakka
Adi Panthalilee.

Naughty
Madattile Kanni Madatile (that Shankar/Harris stole for Anniyan)

Romantic, with tinge of sadness:
Konji Konji Alaigalooda.

And of course, the most majestic of it all (that probably inspired the picturisation of all the dance songs in Muthu later).
Malai Kovil Vasalil.....

Then, of course, Rajini. There is still the performer in him in this film, may it be comedy scene (Govinda scene had my wife laughing till she teared) or somber ones. Too bad, this film is sandwiched between the Baashas and the Padaiyappas that it might be forgotten. I hope not.

PARAMASHIVAN
1st March 2010, 03:30 PM
From last film thread.
Veera.

The Musical. Rajini Rocks. Raja Rocks. Roja Rocks.....okay, the last one was for rhyming reasons don't take it seriously :D More on the Rajini's thread.

But seriously, the songs were awesome and I am talking also about the smaller ones:
Aatula Annakili,
Munti Munthi vinayagaree
Kannai Thirantha.

Then the other big ones.

Fun and folksy
Vadi Vettalai pakka
Adi Panthalilee.

Naughty

Konji Konji Alaigalooda.

And of course, the most majestic of it all (that probably inspired the picturisation of all the dance songs in Muthu later).
Malai Kovil Vasalil.....

Then, of course, Rajini. There is still the performer in him in this film, may it be comedy scene (Govinda scene had my wife laughing till she teared) or somber ones. Too bad, this film is sandwiched between the Baashas and the Padaiyappas that it might be forgotten. I hope not.

Govinda Govindaaa scene involving super* and senthil made laugh till my stomach hurt :rotfl3:

Nerd
1st March 2010, 09:19 PM
From last film thread.
Veera.

Aatula Annakili,
Munti Munthi vinayagaree
Kannai Thirantha.

Then the other big ones.

Fun and folksy
Vadi Vettalai pakka
Adi Panthalilee.

Naughty

Konji Konji Alaigalooda.

Malai Kovil Vasalil.....

Agree with each and every word. There are around 10 songs in the film and I love all of them (Mano's gruff voice not withstanding). And Rajini was so natural in the 2nd half. Reminds you of Guru Sishyan :D

PARAMASHIVAN
1st March 2010, 10:00 PM
From last film thread.
Veera.

Aatula Annakili,
Munti Munthi vinayagaree
Kannai Thirantha.

Then the other big ones.

Fun and folksy
Vadi Vettalai pakka
Adi Panthalilee.

Naughty

Konji Konji Alaigalooda.

Malai Kovil Vasalil.....

Agree with each and every word. There are around 10 songs in the film and I love all of them (Mano's gruff voice not withstanding). And Rajini was so natural in the 2nd half. Reminds you of Guru Sishyan :D

Ivangala yellam yaarappa paada vachathu, karumum

His songs to credit are Muqala Muqabala, the rest are all Pathetic!

HonestRaj
1st March 2010, 10:02 PM
From last film thread.
Veera.

Aatula Annakili,
Munti Munthi vinayagaree
Kannai Thirantha.

Then the other big ones.

Fun and folksy
Vadi Vettalai pakka
Adi Panthalilee.

Naughty

Konji Konji Alaigalooda.

Malai Kovil Vasalil.....

Ivangala yellam yaarappa paada vachathu, karumum

His songs to credit are Muqala Muqabala, the rest are all Pathetic!

SPB illaina... maththavanga ellorum pathetic'ah :lol:

I like most of Mano's songs :)

joe
1st March 2010, 10:04 PM
SPB illaina... maththavanga ellorum pathetic'ah :lol:
athaane .. too much -ya :)