PDA

View Full Version : Pixar

Sanguine Sridhar
26th July 2009, 08:05 PM
Greatest fan of their works! This thread is to discuss about them.

1. Toy Story - 1 & 2

2. A bugs life

3. Monster INC

4. Finding Nemo

5. The Incredibles

6. Cars

7. Ratatouille.

8. Wall E

9. UP

Watched most of them. Planning to watch Ratatouille, Wall E and UP in the coming weekends.

Thalafanz
26th July 2009, 08:07 PM
Cool thread :)
I sHappy Feet under Pixar??? Can't remember.

Sanguine Sridhar
26th July 2009, 08:10 PM
Cool thread :)
I sHappy Feet under Pixar??? Can't remember.

No I dont think so. Its by Animal Logic for Warner Bros says Wiki.

littlemaster1982
26th July 2009, 09:14 PM
SS,

Fan-nu solreenga, innum Ratatouille/Wall E pakkalannu solreenga :twisted: Watch them immediately :evil:

Wibha
27th July 2009, 03:03 AM
Finding Nemo and Toy Story 1 are the only ones I've seen :( :oops:

Really cute!

Querida
27th July 2009, 05:48 AM
Hmmm I can either contest that I am a bigger fan OR you can let me be vp of your fan club :P

Have watched all nine listed...Ratatouille is the only one that I felt slightly drowsy eyed about...I felt it was lengthy...monsters inc (Sully! Boo! :D), toy story (ahhh Woody :), finding nemo (Dory! :D) and Wall E are my absolute faves :)

Benny Lava
27th July 2009, 09:27 AM
:thumbsup: Pixar is awesome! It is unbeleivable how they are able to come up with good stuff one after another.

Eagerly waiting for the next film :redjump:

VENKIRAJA
27th July 2009, 09:53 AM
1. Toy Story - 1 & 2

2. A bugs life

3. Monster INC

4. Finding Nemo

5. The Incredibles

6. Cars

7. Ratatouille.

8. Wall E

9. UP

UP thavira ellAm pArhtAchu. Their short movie collections in two volumes were impressive as well!

Querida
28th July 2009, 06:43 AM
I often wonder how unappreciated these films are, especially since they can be put aside as just animated movies for children. I mean just the realistic moving of hair (such as Sully's fur) or the recreation of materials such as suede, leather or silk or even realistic movements/actions must all be such time-consuming and laborious challenges to overcome. In the end result we miss those little details and can only be in awe of how glossy and 3D everything looks.

Sanguine Sridhar
1st August 2009, 08:26 PM
Watched Ratatouille today!

Pixar is impeccable. :clap: :thumbsup:

Thalafanz
1st August 2009, 08:29 PM
Hey, how is Up??? Anyone watched? The trailer is awesome... :D

Here is the trailer: :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USpI6Jzl3No

VENKIRAJA
1st August 2009, 08:57 PM

iTunes HD trailer link pls...
Coraline Pixar illayA?

Querida
2nd August 2009, 02:57 AM

Watched up and mini-reviewed here:

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=1857077&highlight=#1857077

Coraline is not Pixar, but not to be missed!!! :cool2:

Dinesh84
5th August 2009, 05:50 PM
1. Toy Story - 1 & 2

2. A bugs life

3. Monster INC

4. Finding Nemo

5. The Incredibles

6. Cars

7. Ratatouille.

8. Wall E

9. UP

AFAIK Monster Inc is the best :thumbsup:

Thalafanz
5th August 2009, 06:56 PM
AFAIK Monster Inc is the best :thumbsup:

Dinesh, 'best' in terms of the story or animation??? :?
Becoz, as far as animation concern, all of them are best. Top class... :) :thumbsup:

P_R
5th August 2009, 07:10 PM
Me too Monsters Inc

Animation, characterization, sustaining interest till the end etc.

But I have watched only
Monsters Inc, Cars and Wall-E fully.

Rest in bits and pieces.

Benny Lava
5th August 2009, 09:27 PM
Monster's Inc - I love that film, can watch it any number of times.

But I can not call it the best, ahead of films like Incredibles, Finding the nemo.. they are awesome!! :2thumbsup:

littlemaster1982
5th August 2009, 09:35 PM
Monsters' Inc, Ratatouille & Wall E for me. Didn't find Incredibles and Nemo great :|

Querida
7th August 2009, 06:14 AM
Is there a general animated films thread?

I think Hayao Miyazaki, Henry Selick, Nick Park's "Wallace and Gromit" are all just as good contenders as Pixar is when it comes to animated movies...and what about DreamWorks Animated Movies (Such as Shrek)?

Sanguine Sridhar
8th August 2009, 03:37 PM
Monsters' Inc, Ratatouille & Wall E for me. Didn't find Incredibles and Nemo great :|

I am surprised, Nemo is awesome and cute!

Conversations between Marlin and Dory.... :rotfl:

Anyway...

Revisited A Bugs life after a decade... superb movie! :D

Sanguine Sridhar
29th August 2009, 10:52 PM
Wall-E! :clap: :clap:

I am completely surprised and shocked with such a brilliant movie...wow is the word! :notworthy: :notworthy:

VENKIRAJA
29th August 2009, 10:56 PM

I am completely surprised and shocked with such a brilliant movie...wow is the word! :notworthy: :notworthy:

Least impressive movie of Pixar IMO. Trailer ellAm pArthu EmAndhu pOittEn.

VENKIRAJA
29th August 2009, 10:58 PM

I am surprised, Nemo is awesome and cute!

Conversations between Marlin and Dory.... :rotfl:

Finding Nemo and Ratatouille for me. Toy story is THE best though.

Sanguine Sridhar
29th August 2009, 11:01 PM

:roll: With less dialogues I thought they have made a wonder!

Adhu seri.. neengellam Nadodigal naangellam pasanga.... :lol2:

VENKIRAJA
29th August 2009, 11:06 PM

:roll: With less dialogues I thought they have made a wonder!

Adhu seri.. neengellam Nadodigal naangellam pasanga.... :lol2:

Nadodigal entertainer. 1 vaati sandhoshama parkalaamnu sonnenga. Pasanga is better than Nadodigal... I accept. adhukAga COH-a vida better.. Movie of the year.. off-beatnu ellAm sonnA :rant:

BTW, Wall-E-la I had problems with the story being regular and just replaced with a couple of robots and the usual dystopian way of looking at things... solving it and all that. 2nd half-la kadupaayiten. I've never felt bored or unoccupied with a Pixar film... idhula :oops:

littlemaster1982
29th August 2009, 11:07 PM

:shock: Second half konjam sumaar-dhan. Aana least impressive ellam :notthatway:

Space dance between Wall-E and Eva :omg:

VENKIRAJA
29th August 2009, 11:09 PM

Master... When the two fishes reach Sydney, there are a series of shots from low angle to eye-level viewing Sydney from inside the sea. enakku therinji Animated sequences-la :notworthy: god-level effects.

Sanguine Sridhar
29th August 2009, 11:10 PM
The way Wall-E calls "Evaaaa...."-ke applause allitu pogum! :clap:

Venki,

COH-na?! Anyway hub-la hype-laam saadharanam. Neengellam Ajith padathuku kodukuradha vidava?? :twisted:

littlemaster1982
29th August 2009, 11:12 PM

Master... When the two fishes reach Sydney, there are a series of shots from low angle to eye-level viewing Sydney from inside the sea. enakku therinji Animated sequences-la :notworthy: god-level effects.

Animation ellam kuraiye solla mudiyaadhu. I saw the film a month back and liked it. Just that I find other movies of Pixar better.

SS,

COH is Children of Heaven.

VENKIRAJA
29th August 2009, 11:15 PM
The way Wall-E calls "Evaaaa...."-ke applause allitu pogum! :clap:

I actually am embarrased by robots sci-fi et al. orE Arudhal the movie had references from one of my favorite movies 2001.

Venki,

COH-na?! Anyway hub-la hype-laam saadharanam. Neengellam Ajith padathuku kodukuradha vidava?? :twisted:

Hub hype illa... adhai madhikka vENdAmnu thAnai thalaivan Selvakumar vazhiyil 2007 mudhal nadanthu varugiREn.
3 teaser.. 4 trailer... Podcasts ellAm subscribe paNNEn. COH-na Children of Heaven. neenga saaru review padikkalayA? nalla vELai LM online-la irukAru.

Sanguine Sridhar
29th August 2009, 11:16 PM

After the mission gets failed when that bird drops Dory/Marlin in to the sea...just watch the effects..light-a thooral, with the bell sound ringing somewhere in a ship. Impeccable! :thumbsup:

And the characters...wow, bruce the shark, Flo...etc Finding Nemo is such a treat to watch! :D

Sanguine Sridhar
29th August 2009, 11:18 PM
...And UP starting konja neram paathen...konjam bore adichidhu. :oops:

VENKIRAJA
29th August 2009, 11:18 PM

After the mission gets failed when that bird drops Dory/Marlin in to the sea...just watch the effects..light-a thooral, with the bell sound ringing somewhere in a ship. Impeccable! :thumbsup:

And the characters...wow, bruce the shark, Flo...etc Finding Nemo is such a treat to watch! :D

The thing I like about Ratatouille and Finding Nemo is that, they just didn't have kids in mind. Wall-E had silent stuff because kids are more into the cartoon itself. Preference-based list pOtruvOmA?

littlemaster1982
29th August 2009, 11:25 PM
neenga saaru review padikkalayA? nalla vELai LM online-la irukAru.

Enna sammandham :confused2:

VENKIRAJA
29th August 2009, 11:27 PM
neenga saaru review padikkalayA? nalla vELai LM online-la irukAru.

Enna sammandham :confused2:

Link kEpArnu edhirpArthEn.

Sanguine Sridhar
29th August 2009, 11:28 PM
LM konjam careful-a irrunga, Hub kai-pulla aaka ellaarum try panraanga! :lol:

littlemaster1982
29th August 2009, 11:32 PM
Ippave andha range-ladhan irukku :cry:

Benny Lava
30th August 2009, 09:59 AM

Least impressive nu ellam solla mudiyadhu.. it stands right up there among the best movies of pixar. There were long passages without any dialogues, yet the movie was engaging and entertaining. The lead characters can only utter a few words, but still the way the animators made them emote and communicate with that... its INCREDIBLE! And there werent a lot of stupid action chase scenes that has become kind of mandatory in all the animation movies these days. It is one of the rare animation films which would still be good even if it wasn't an animation.

NOV
30th August 2009, 06:13 PM
...And UP starting konja neram paathen...konjam bore adichidhu. :oops::x

this is the problem when you watch films in DVD/CD. :sigh2:

anyway, the first 10 mins is just a teaser and totally unrelated to the actual film. admittedly not the best from pixar, UP is indeed a good film :thumbsup:

littlemaster1982
25th September 2009, 10:30 PM
Watched UP. Least engaging film of Pixar, IMO. But, still good :thumbsup:

ajaybaskar
25th September 2009, 10:52 PM
3D effect?

littlemaster1982
25th September 2009, 10:55 PM
Nothing much. 2D maadhiridhan irundhudhu. Oru velai en kan-la edhuvum kolaara :roll:

ajaybaskar
25th September 2009, 11:04 PM
No No. Enakkum perusa onnum theriyala. FD4 was much better. But the story was very touching.

IMO, these cartoon characters emote much better than some tamil actors.

littlemaster1982
25th September 2009, 11:14 PM
No No. Enakkum perusa onnum theriyala. FD4 was much better. But the story was very touching.

IMO, these cartoon characters emote much better than some tamil actors.

The first 10-15 mins were :cry: And replace the word 'some' with 'most' :P

ajaybaskar
25th September 2009, 11:18 PM
Music was awesome. Up and CR in loop rite now..

kid-glove
26th September 2009, 12:50 AM
It's been 10-15 years since I first watched Toy Story, and I haven't enjoyed any other Pixar film close to that un. That said, I think Wall-E might be a superior film. Overall, I think there are thematic similarities throughout their oeuvre (save some, like say 'The Incredibles' which is more of a fizzy film by their standards), and it's so darn hard to pick a single chef d'oeuvre. Maybe the levels of animation are enhanced further, but the content/narrative provide an unique experience. If Pixar is Remy the rat, I'm his brother Emile, am easily impressed. :)

littlemaster1982
3rd October 2009, 03:58 PM
The Story of Toy Story (http://www.empireonline.com/features/the-story-of-toy-story/default.asp?c=default). A good read :thumbsup:

VENKIRAJA
10th October 2009, 08:24 PM
The Story of Toy Story (http://www.empireonline.com/features/the-story-of-toy-story/default.asp?c=default). A good read :thumbsup:

http://www.hollywoodbala.com/2009/10/pixar-story-2007-01.html

kid-glove
25th October 2009, 05:39 PM
Up

:( :curse: :boo: :D :lol: :happydance: :cheer:

Not quite their best "film", maybe it is, but a heartwarming experience. They did it again!

As I always say, If Pixar is Remy I'm brother Emile, easily impressed.

littlemaster1982
28th October 2009, 12:23 PM
Toy Story 3 - Official Trailer [HD] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_FfHA5whXc)

kid-glove
28th October 2009, 12:33 PM
Toy Story 3 - Official Trailer [HD] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_FfHA5whXc)

Something tells me this is more of a fun ride than the other two parts which were more of a self-realization journey for the characters(Toys).

littlemaster1982
28th October 2009, 12:36 PM
I felt the same, especially during the second half of the trailer. Can't wait!!!

19thmay
17th May 2010, 02:16 PM
Revisited Ratatouille. :notworthy:

littlemaster1982
17th May 2010, 05:02 PM
I never get bored of watching this film. This film should be watched in HD. The level of detail in each frame is just incredible :notworthy:

Stiglitz
17th May 2010, 06:25 PM
Am I the only fan of "Monster's Inc" here? :huh:

That was one of my favs, still watch it when they put it on Pogo or something every other day. :boo:

Stiglitz
17th May 2010, 06:27 PM
Wall E was fun too, but I did greatly enjoy Monsters vs Aliens in Sathyam when it released. :clap:

Nerd
17th May 2010, 07:55 PM
UP - Carl-Ellie's montage shots was the best part of the film. Was a little boring in the middle but a good watch overall.

littlemaster1982
17th May 2010, 11:31 PM
Am I the only fan of "Monster's Inc" here? :huh:

That was one of my favs, still watch it when they put it on Pogo or something every other day. :boo:

Add me too.

And Monsters vs Aliens was Dreamworks production. Not Pixar's.

Nerd
14th June 2010, 11:54 PM
Toy Story (1) - The best, hands down :bow:

Yet to watch part 2. Getting ready for #3 this weekend :redjump:

littlemaster1982
15th June 2010, 08:09 AM
Ha, Nerd is bitten by animation bug. Welcome to the club :)

Dinesh84
15th June 2010, 09:57 AM
For me, their best is Monster Inc..
Eppadi thaan ippadi yosikirangalo :bow:

Nerd
15th June 2010, 08:14 PM
adhu kadichu romba naaL aachu.. :-)

Haven't seen Monsters Inc yet...

Benny Lava
15th June 2010, 08:55 PM
adhu kadichu romba naaL aachu.. :-)

Haven't seen Monsters Inc yet...

Welgum Welgum.. enga ponaalum kadaisila inga vandhu serndhu thaana aaganum :lol2:

Apdiye unga favourites list podunga paapom :D

Benny Lava
15th June 2010, 08:58 PM
Anybody have seen the film Hoodwinked? I read it didn't do that great, but I liked it! It is pretty good :thumbsup:

19thmay
15th June 2010, 10:06 PM
Anybody have seen the film Hoodwinked? I read it didn't do that great, but I liked it! It is pretty good :thumbsup:

We are talking only about Pixar's product, isn't? :)

Wibha
15th June 2010, 10:40 PM
Toy Story 3 :D :D :redjump:

Benny Lava
15th June 2010, 11:04 PM

We are talking only about Pixar's product, isn't? :)

Ohh! Right!! I thought it is one of those threads which starts off about one topic and then pans out to discuss everything under the roof... :lol2: like that one on the film REC which is now called the Horror movie thread.

And now I also note that there is an animation movies thread and I happened to have posted in there :ashamed:

Nerd
15th June 2010, 11:11 PM
Apdiye unga favourites list podunga paapom :D
Pixar-la I have only seen Toy Story, Wall-E and UP. And I like them in that order.

Other animation films andha thread-la later :-)

kid-glove
15th June 2010, 11:17 PM
Here's the best part - Toy Story 2 will not disappoint even having watched 1. And 2 still also works without 1.

Nerd
16th June 2010, 08:15 PM
Here's the best part - Toy Story 2 will not disappoint even having watched 1. And 2 still also works without 1.
Saw it yesterday. How did they do it? :shock: The film is as good as TS1. But there were a few references to TS1 and there is a refernece to 'A Bug's life' too which I missed.

Gets a little senti but works very well. Heard TS3 is over-senti and makes people cry. I am ready to :-)

kid-glove
18th June 2010, 03:58 PM
Yes, TS3 looks to have wow-ed everybody:

http://www.metacritic.com/film/titles/toystory3

One of The Greatest Trilogies EVER, if 3 is as good as the reviews suggests!

Nerd
18th June 2010, 07:09 PM
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/toy_story_3/ - Still a perfect score. Don't know which critic is going to deflate the balloon. TS1 and TS2 still enjoy a score of 100%. Might watch TS3 tonight.

littlemaster1982
18th June 2010, 07:49 PM
I'm not going to read a SINGLE review before watching the film. Aana inga September-ladhan release aagum :sigh2:

kid-glove
19th June 2010, 02:54 AM
LM, heard it's releasing next week in India..

littlemaster1982
19th June 2010, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the good news Thilak :redjump: Previous Pixar movies were released during September, so I thought the same trend would prevail.

Wibha
19th June 2010, 10:16 AM
TS-3 is JUST AMAZINGGG..... MORE than amazingg!!! a MUST WATCH :thumbsup: the movie is beyond words. It was like a rewind of my childhood. I miss my toys :(

Watch in 3D if possible.

Nerd
19th June 2010, 07:40 PM
Had sky-high expectations and was a little disappointed with the first hour but the last 40 minutes more than made up for it making it = TS1 and TS2. The last scene was the best. The best possible way to end this.

The most amazing trilogy in the history of films ever :bow:

19thmay
20th June 2010, 11:32 PM
LM, heard it's releasing next week in India..

Wow, thats a great news!! :D

LM if you are in Chennai by that time, let me know ya!

Dinesh84
21st June 2010, 10:15 AM
Had sky-high expectations and was a little disappointed with the first hour but the last 40 minutes more than made up for it making it = TS1 and TS2. The last scene was the best. The best possible way to end this.

The most amazing trilogy in the history of films ever :bow: 8-) who was the 3D experience?

littlemaster1982
21st June 2010, 11:14 AM

Sure :D Will PM you.

Ramakrishna
21st June 2010, 04:00 PM

PM me as well. I am interested in watching this.

sathya_1979
21st June 2010, 11:20 PM

PM me as well. I am interested in watching this.
+1

Nerd
22nd June 2010, 12:28 AM
8-) who was the 3D experience?
No big impact, yes I was shocked too. I would suggest you all not to waste the extra bucks on a 3-D screen.

Wibha
22nd June 2010, 12:40 AM
No big impact, yes I was shocked too. I would suggest you all not to waste the extra bucks on a 3-D screen.

Aah I thought 3D made it better. :) Or maybe cuz i'm jsut a fan of 3D :|

littlemaster1982
22nd June 2010, 06:28 AM

I never had any impact watching a 3D film (including Avatar, HTTYD). I thought the problem was with me :oops:

Dinesh84
22nd June 2010, 10:11 AM
No big impact, yes I was shocked too. I would suggest you all not to waste the extra bucks on a 3-D screen. :ty:

littlemaster1982
2nd July 2010, 07:49 PM
Watched Toy Story 3. How do these guys get it right EVERY TIME :shock: :notworthy:

Nerd
2nd July 2010, 08:21 PM
Watched Toy Story 3. How do these guys get it right EVERY TIME :shock: :notworthy:
2-D or 3-D? :P

I missed your above post earlier. HTTYD-layaavadhu at least oru sila objects namma pakathula varra maadhiri irukkum. Avatar was mindblowing. TS#3 was plain as far as 3D effects are concerned.

littlemaster1982
2nd July 2010, 08:33 PM
3D. I think Pixar makes the images and the characters to have more depth rather than having the objects poke in front of our eyes. The dog and few other characters were almost lifelike.

kid-glove
3rd July 2010, 04:39 PM
Ebert says he'd have liked this film in 2-D better.

littlemaster1982
3rd July 2010, 04:49 PM
Thilak,

It wasn't distracting as I thought. I didn't like UP in 3D as everything looked dull on screen. TS3 is better in this regard. I agree that 3D didn't make much difference.

great
11th July 2010, 06:39 PM
Revisited Ratatouille. Pixar, only you fossible :bow:

Siv.S
20th July 2010, 09:42 PM
Toy story (1) :bow: the last 20 minutes :bow:

kid-glove
20th July 2010, 09:44 PM
Toy Story 3 - Disappointing on all counts. :(

kid-glove
20th July 2010, 09:45 PM
That it's not to say it's a 'bad film'. But I expected better. In this regard, it's quite like GF Part III.

Siv.S
25th July 2010, 03:42 PM
Ratatouille ,i was never a fan of animation movies....all these days i thought these movies are for kids :oops: this movie made me to D/L 5 other Pixar movies :bow: their characterisation in Toy story and in Ratatouille :thumbsup:

Nerd
4th August 2010, 11:50 PM
Monster's Inc - Boo-Kitty releationship was extremely well handled. But TS(1/2/3) >> MI.

littlemaster1982
5th August 2010, 12:10 AM
I liked the friendship between Mike and Sully too :)

prashanth12
5th August 2010, 02:31 AM
Toy Story 3 - Disappointing on all counts. :(

Really? I enjoyed it very much...ending was very good...

19thmay
26th January 2011, 08:17 PM
TS 3 - Finally. Last few minutes brought tears to my eyes!

Great entertainer, though first 30-40 minutes were just Ok.

Love you Pixar! :notworthy:

Benny Lava
26th January 2011, 09:11 PM
TS 3 - Finally. Last few minutes brought tears to my eyes!

Great entertainer, though first 30-40 minutes were just Ok.

Love you Pixar! :notworthy:

Why didn't I like TS 3? ... I just felt it was OK. The overall impression is overwhelminglyy positive :confused2:

littlemaster1982
20th February 2011, 11:28 AM
UP - Carl-Ellie's montage shots was the best part of the film. Was a little boring in the middle but a good watch overall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GroDErHIM_0

Most amazing montage ever :notworthy: Most of the directors would need a whole film to get 10% of the effect this scene has.

Nerd
22nd February 2011, 05:28 PM
True LM. Found this on facebook. Neeeeeelavaaanam audio to the UP montage. Nice work, I liked it :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QKfquMBxno

littlemaster1982
22nd February 2011, 10:56 PM
Nice attempt, that one :thumbsup:

varunlss12
23rd March 2011, 02:23 AM
Mega Mind - Worth a watch

Suggest me new releases. I've TS3...

Nerd
3rd May 2011, 06:42 PM
Watched Ratatouille for the first time last night. Blu-ray of course. Fantastic film. Very lovable characters. And the animation and the effects are amazing. I am not the kind who notices such things, but the level of detailing in the last 20 minutes was mindblowing. Still in awe of those minutes. Great soundtrack too. The Frenchesque-English by some characters was annoying though. Thanks to that, could not understand a few dialouges. Will put this one behind TS (1/2/3).

:clap: :clap:

littlemaster1982
3rd May 2011, 06:59 PM
Not just the last 20 mins, the whole film is full of incredible detailing. Sample (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0382932/trivia?tr=tr0773925): To find out how to animate the scene where the Head Chef is wet, they actually dressed someone in a chef suit, and put him in a swimming pool to see which parts of the suit stuck to his body, and which parts you could see through.

Pixar :notworthy: :notworthy:

Nerd
3rd May 2011, 07:10 PM
Oh wow :clap:

I was feeling proud to see some Indian names in the end credits :-) :-)

littlemaster1982
25th June 2011, 05:06 PM
Cars 2 - very average :| A bond film with cars is a bad idea :(

littlemaster1982
25th June 2011, 05:11 PM
Just saw some online reviews. Seems like this film is going to be a black mark in Pixar's track record :|

Nerd
25th June 2011, 07:27 PM
Yeah terrible reviews. This is not only the worst reviewed pixar film but one of the worst reviewed animation films. Haven't seen Cars 1 but had plans of watching it and then 2 in theaters. But won't probably go. Will wait for Blu-ray..

V_S
25th June 2011, 09:32 PM
Watched Cars 2 yesterday night. One of the most explosive opening in animation films. The first cars was more of bringing up the lost roads like Route 66 and the submerged town Radiator springs. The town and each and every character in that town (film) is etched in my mind, eventhough many just come and go, every character I remember. Even the legendary Stanley statue and the small fountain before him.

But here, they forgot all this and wanted to give us a racy adventure and entertainer. But while doing so, they totally lost on the emotional content. Except for Francesco Bernoulli (grand pri mate) and other two british spy cars, no other cars really captured my mind. Also this film is more on Mater rather on Lightning McQueen. Here they take you to breathtaking Tokyo, Paris, Rome, London and finally to Radiator Springs. But Radiator Springs and the characters are not there much in this film, miss them so much. Humour was there, but I am surprised how did Pixar miss on the emotional content. Animation is terrific, pixar is way ahead as always.

Music was very good by Michael Giacchino, but still liked the country/jazz Randy Newman score. But for kids it was totally entertaining. Eventhough the car 2 storyline and characters did not impress me, it was a high gear entertainer right from the start to end. In Cars, even though McQueen lost the race, he won the hearts, but here inspite of winning the races, McQueen and gang lost their on mind.

Dinesh84
25th June 2011, 10:38 PM
sequel to Cars movie was a bad idea i guess.. i think they did it for creating merchandize.. hmm.. any ways will watch it in theater :-|

19thmay
26th June 2011, 11:35 AM
Cars 2 - very average :| A bond film with cars is a bad idea :(

Yes, read reviews. Not very encouraging. Cars-I I liked it. Black mark-a? avvlo mosama?

littlemaster1982
26th June 2011, 11:46 AM
While Cars I was the weakest among Pixar films, it was watchable. But this one is completely forgettable.

venkkiram
26th June 2011, 09:10 PM
மகனுடன் நேற்று இரவுக் காட்சி. ஆரம்பக் காட்சியே ரணகளம். McQueen -க்கு பிரதான வேடம் இல்லை. Mater தான் நாயகர். பிரமாண்டத்திற்கு குறைச்சலே இல்லை. லண்டன் Big Ben மணி குண்டு காட்சி, ஜப்பான் மற்றும் இத்தாலி நாட்டில் நடக்கும் கார் பந்தயக் காட்சிகள் எல்லாமே விஷுவல் கவிதைகள். முதல் பாகத்தில் உள்ள சிறப்பம்சம் அதன் நேட்டிவிட்டி. மண் மணம். அது இரண்டாம் பாகத்தில் உலக அளவில் நடக்கு கார் பந்தயங்கள் என்பதால் சுவடே தெரியாமல் போய்விட்டது. குழந்தைகளுக்கான படங்களில் ஜேம்ஸ் பாண்ட் பட துப்பறியும் படலங்கள் எல்லாம் தேவையில்லை என நினைக்கிறேன். இருந்தாலும், என் மகனுக்கு பிடித்திருக்கிறது. திரும்பி வருகையில், பிடித்த பாத்திரம் என்ன எனக் கேட்டதற்கு உடனே வந்த பதில் Francesco.

Watching this movie in IMAX is an ultimate Movie Experience..

VENKIRAJA
20th October 2011, 10:46 PM
We have 10 now.. Time for a list! :cheer:

kid-glove
20th October 2011, 11:09 PM
TS 1 & 2
Ratatouille
Up
Wall-E
TS III
Finding Nemo
Monsters Inc.
Incredibles
Cars

Didn't see: A Bug's life, Cars II.

wizzy
20th October 2011, 11:30 PM
TS 1 & 2
Ratatouille
Up
Wall-E
TS III
Finding Nemo
Monsters Inc.
Incredibles
Cars

Didn't see: A Bug's life, Cars II.
Ratatouille over Wall-E?

kid-glove
20th October 2011, 11:51 PM
Absolutely, I think I have seen that film 5 times already.

wizzy
21st October 2011, 12:09 AM
^did Camille's Le Festin had anything to do with it? :-D

V_S
21st October 2011, 12:29 AM
^did Camille's Le Festin had anything to do with it? :-D
Absolutely for me! :D I would have watched this movie 'n' number of times. Every character is noteworthy. Not a single dull moment and Michael Giacchino on top with all 24 outstanding tracks. My top most being the one you quoted, Wall Rat, Anyone can cook, main theme, end credits.

k_g, please watch A Bug's life, again among my top 5. Even Cars, it would come little ahead, atleast above Incredibles. Just love all those characters there.

kid-glove
21st October 2011, 12:30 AM
Oh definitely.

But more importantly, the rodent shares a special relationship when it comes animated cartoons/series/films.

From Mickey to Jerry to Remy (sheer coincidence they all end in -y), it just woos me.

That said, the first act of Wall-E is possibly the best of Pixar. Sheer brilliance. Remy-Linguiny also works brilliantly when muted, but the mis-en-scene of Wall-E is the kind of dystopia our capitalist world should look forward to.

kid-glove
21st October 2011, 12:52 AM
They should have ended the film like Moondram Pirai:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxd5-f_3Fko&feature=related

kid-glove
21st October 2011, 12:56 AM
k_g, please watch A Bug's life, again among my top 5.
I think I saw it back to back with Antz but my memory is as blank as Wall-E.

VENKIRAJA
21st October 2011, 03:19 PM
Absolutely, I think I have seen that film 5 times already.
:yes:

My favorites:
10. Cars I
9. Cars II
8. Monsters Inc.
7. Wall-E
6. Up
5. Finding Nemo
2. Toy Story Trilogy
1. Ratatouille

P.S: I manage to completely forget A Bug's Life. Didn't like it even when I watched it.

V_S
22nd October 2011, 08:35 AM
I think I saw it back to back with Antz but my memory is as blank as Wall-E.
I too don't remember much about Wall-E need to see and grasp again.

A Bug's life is the third animation film I saw after Toy Story 1 and Lion King. Moving from Lion King to A Bug's life, animation has taken a 180 degree turn. It was not just few characters, they have shown tons of ants and variety of other species as well in that film. First time amazed by the monstrous amounts of ants shown. First in the ant hill, next when they build a bird and last in the climax. Truly a breath-taking experience. Even within ants, they have shown the younger ones, little ones and the oldest, truly marvelous thinking by Pixar. Not to forget about villainous grasshoppers.

Not just animation, it has great story, excellent comedy well written, executed and well finished. All the above are well complemented by some outstanding score by Randy Newman. Randy Newman, I think is a Jazz composer, as we can only hear Jazz in all his films. Within that he has shown great versatility in this film, Toy Story I,II,III, Monsters Inc., and Cars I. Every one will be totally different.

A Bug's life Suite - Starts off in classical way and jumps to Jazz with ever loving horns and culminates in classical way again! One of the best score of all time. This score alone is enough for me to keep it in top 5 pixar movies.

As one of the youtube comments says, it truly depicts nature and freedom.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBki54jAeF0

Flik Machine - Some great horn
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2ZinpY-X_E

End Credits - Time of your life, live it well! Numerous times I have listened this master composition.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEaOhaxka8g

An excellent film by all means!

kid-glove
22nd October 2011, 12:55 PM
What I meant was that my memory of ABL is like Wall-E's in that video. Ha!

Thanks for the BGM. :)

VENKIRAJA
18th November 2011, 08:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEHWDA_6e3M

VENKIRAJA
28th January 2012, 02:25 PM
Finally, a year without Pixar in the nomination list :neutral:

VENKIRAJA
25th June 2012, 07:47 PM
And Brave doesn't impress either. Not one moment of Pixar-ness. Out and out Disney crap.

V_S
25th June 2012, 08:05 PM
venki,
Thanks for the short review. I thought of watching it in theatre mainly because of Pixar. Really that bad?

Dilbert
25th June 2012, 08:53 PM
No V_S its really a simple story and very well told . comparing it to other pixar adventures might not be doing justice :) definitely worth a watch.

V_S
25th June 2012, 09:12 PM
Thanks Dilbert for clarifying my doubt. Planning to watch sometime this week or weekend.

VENKIRAJA
26th June 2012, 12:09 AM
It is like a disney fairytale. You can watch it with family for fun. Nothing north of Up, Nemo or Ratatouille.
I liked the short they played in the beginning. La Luna. Very much Pixerific. Film was Disneysense behavior exhibition!